Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine. Guess what you suck? I'm not going to say who that's aimed at right now, but good morning, Happy Monday morning, everybody. It's the JV Show. I'm Graham and I'm Jess. Where the hell is everybody?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Did we not get the memo? Were we not supposed to show up today?
Speaker 1: I woke up this morning with this feeling of like, I don't know, anticipation and excitement. Okay, do you ever wake up with that, like you have something to look forward to? And I stood there in the shower this morning, I was like, what is that thing I have to look forward to? Because it is Monday, there's And I sat there and racked my brain and there's just nothing to look forward to. But maybe my maybe it was a bit of foreshadowing to know that our buddies here on the show weren't going to show up. Yeah, I think you knew, intuition, there was something, Yes, there was like some feeling, and I thought it was something to be excited about. No, no, no, something to be scared about opposite, yeah, or upset about. Guess what you suck? All right? First things, first to JAB show, I guess Selena overslapt and cheeties in traffic. I don't know. I think that's the basic, the simplest explanation of what happened. I guess Bach. We'll see, all right, but let's, you know, kick off the JV show like we normally do with the very first talk back of the day. Doesn't matter what it is, as long as you're the first talkback left. This one came in just after midnight. People are on these first talkbacks. They want, you know, to get played, so they leave them early. Here it is, and you can't hear it. That's fine, you know what. That's my fault. That's my fault. I blame Selink, I blame all right, let's try that again. Good morning, JV Show.
Speaker 2: It's Moo from Fannel Day.
Speaker 4: I went to Costco over the weekend, and I've seen that they sell inflatable hot tubs.
Speaker 3: Now. I just thought that was kind of funny since Selena went through all that trouble to get hers and didn't use it.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, now they just have them.
Speaker 1: Anyways, have a good day, Jess. You were here then Selena did go on this bag, and I wish Selena was here to address this. She's not. She doesn't give a damn. But Selena bought this inflatable hot tub, and JV and I just roasted her about it because we're like, that's the dumbest thing we've ever heard of. And inflatable hot tub one because mainly because you're never gonna use it. Everyone thinks it's a great idea. And then you're gonna fill this thing up with the hose and like you have to maintain the chlorine levels and all this stuff. Like you're just not gonna do that. You're not gonna use it, And she's wore up and down. I'm gonna use this thing. It's gonna be the best thing ever. And I think her man got in it twice and she got in it once, and then as far as I know, it is no longer inflated, no longer with Oh.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know that was a thing. Inflatable hot tub.
Speaker 1: It's actually I mean, if you were going to use one and actually use it and maintain it, it's actually pretty good idea because then you don't have to have that big giant thing that gets trucked in and set down on a concrete like you can set this thing up wherever.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's not a bad idea.
Speaker 3: I mean it's not, yeah, exactly, not a bad idea.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna use it, you have to act. That's the thing, you have to actually use it. All right, we have a second talk back this morning. They were both they both came in right around the same time. Let's see if I can play this one and hit the right button this time.
Speaker 6: Hey friends, it's Josh Organite slept the gym stand out in the streets. Many who it could be worse. It could be a cowboys fanny.
Speaker 1: They say Oregonite. Isn't it Oregonian? That is our buddy Josh from Oregon. I think that's what he said, though, Yeah, but I need somebody to clarify. Is that what it is? I would assume it's an Oregonian organite. Anyways, that's our buddy Josh. I don't know. I've met him before. A great guy. He actually came into the studio one time. All right, let's address what he said there, because we a lot to unpack from the from the football weekend that was the Niner game. I'm gonna talk about that later. But oh my, guess what guess what that didn't go well. Raiders fans, they're not happy today. There will be no Raiders talkbacks because they lost to the worst team in the entire league. The Carolina Panthers is happy to That's what I'm getting to. And I noticed your shirt this morning, just as here wearing her New York Giants shirt. If you don't know Jess as a the you know justice from Salina Spot. Her squad is the New York Giants, and they're pretty much terrible this year basically. And Jess and I have a bet going because Vegas basically set the over under on wins for the Giants this season at seven. It was like six and a half at seven, and I said, look for every win above that's that seven number. I'll spin the chug wheel and chug something nasty and every law you know, if you come up short of that number every Yesterday.
Speaker 3: We played the Browns.
Speaker 1: They're trash, yeah, but you know, actually they have a good defense. Win is a win.
Speaker 3: It was the first win of the season, thank god, because every single Sunday now I have major anxiety. I can't watch the games. I have to just once I am brave enough go on Google and Google what the score was, because I just I can't watch the game.
Speaker 1: It's all right, So that's one last thing you maybe chuck game. Yeah, it also may bee propelling you guys to going over that seven wins, and it could be me chugging. So I hate to see you guys get any win at all. But you got your first. Look. You have the same record as the Niners. You got the same record as a lot of teams. Yeah, it's not good.
Speaker 3: It's a good feeling for me.
Speaker 1: I think the same record as the Raiders. I think they've got one win. The Niners got one win. You guys got one win, all right, but you're on the board.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on the board.
Speaker 1: Now, the max things you could have to chug is six if they lost every game here on out, which hopefully won't happen. I mean they're not good.
Speaker 3: I mean they're not good. But you know what, this season, I feel like there's a lot of things that are happening that we really weren't expecting.
Speaker 1: No, nothing ever plays out like you think, so I'm still keeping my hopes up. Yeah, that's good. The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: This Monday is Monday.
Speaker 1: E oh yeah, it is, Yeah it is. Why are you still out of breath? You ran up the stairs like ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been a lotches. Think I ran in general, me too, run the lesson.
Speaker 1: You ran so long, so out of shape. And if I hit those stairs right now, puff.
Speaker 2: Just like my legs are sore going upstairs.
Speaker 1: Yesterday?
Speaker 7: Oh yesterday, just at home going up gotcha?
Speaker 1: Gotcha?
Speaker 7: All right, we're the JV Show.
Speaker 2: By the way, I'm Selena, and I'm we do have five hundred dollars from the Voice.
Speaker 1: Five.
Speaker 2: Let's go on, so let's get collared twenty on the phones eight at eight three three three ninety four. And I know we're going to ask you a question about the Voice little trivia session. Just one question though, get it right. The five hundred dollars is yours, so good luck. All right, Jess, what do you have? Okay?
Speaker 3: A new AI app you guys. It's called death Clock, and it claims to predict your exact date in which you're gonna be out of here, when you're going to kick the bucket.
Speaker 1: I didn't know, dude. It's AI. AI is way smarter than you, Selena.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something that I.
Speaker 3: Know, but I don't before I give you a little more details about the app. Is this something that you would want to know if you knew that it was going to be one hundred percent accurate?
Speaker 6: Nope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like if someone could legitimately tell you the day that you were going to pass away. No, I don't know. That's one of those tough ones. Yeah, because if you did know, then you would make changes in your life.
Speaker 7: Right, m you don't live like yes, but maybe not always for the better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But it's if you knew you had five years left you're gonna do. You're gonna spend those next five years like, yeah, I do what I want. You're gonna be doing stuff and spending time with the family and loved ones. Maybe they wouldn't see normally you know, you would do all these you would you would live life differently, right yeah, but you would have that hanging over your head every single day, like it would also weigh on you really heavily.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing.
Speaker 7: So I would not want to know, really, Graham, So you would, I don't.
Speaker 1: It's a roll the dice. If if it said that I was going to live to be one hundred great, I love getting that news, you know, if it showed the date and it was you know, I'm only twenty seven and a half, so do the math a lot of years from now? Fine, that wouldn't bug me at all, nothing hanging over my head. But again, if it did, say two weeks from now, a year from now, ten years from now, that would be that I'd rather not know.
Speaker 3: See, I would want to know the date. I just wouldn't want to know how because.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to just send two weeks from now, and you're just like every time you st knowing step off the street, You're like, is this it is that the bus that's got.
Speaker 3: That's why I wouldn't want to know how, because if I know that it's like through a car accident or something, then I wouldn't want to get in a car. So so I would just want to know, like maybe the does that makes more sense to also know how that we can try to avoid that on that day. But the point is if it's one hundred percent accurate, there's no avoiding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I've seen final distinction. Yeah, but this app isn't it Bunny? How we still avoid those like flatbeds with the with the wooden.
Speaker 1: Logs on them, Like I'm not I know what happens here off.
Speaker 3: I literally will stare at them just to make sure there's not one that's like falling over. Before this app, you pay forty dollars a year and it asks you questions about your health and your habits to predict your bio biological age and kind of help you maybe fix some of those health issues so that it doesn't become true. If that makes sense.
Speaker 1: He paying forty bus for that. Yeah, that's to say, I can tell you what's wrong with me right now. I'm probably guy. I can probably guesstimate right now how long I should live in what my biological age is. It's probably like, you know, twenty eight and seventy twenty seven and a half a little older. Yeah, I don't know. I don't feel like this is something I need to pay for it.
Speaker 2: This should be free.
Speaker 7: It's more like a game. It seems like Yeah, I mean, it's not like accurate.
Speaker 1: You know, but it's also just encouraging you, probably to make healthier choices. Center It's like, oh do this, Oh look now you're living I did. Now, I'm exercising five days a week.
Speaker 3: Tell you that for free.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four to nine.
Speaker 4: Good Morning JV Show. This is seventy saphone. Party did his job, He hit his targets. But some people want to be bart since and they have butterfingers. Poor Moody, he missed that kick. Oh well, Niner gang bang bang anyway, watch we're gonna come back with a vengeance.
Speaker 1: Yeah did you see that?
Speaker 7: No, I missed it, but I loved him his uh calling it.
Speaker 1: That was hilarious to this uh back. Basically not a whit super Ronnie Bell in the game, and he had one of the worst to drop. I mean it basically would have won the Niners the game, and hees right through his hands. And then and then Niners kicker Moody missed his first kick of the year in the biggest in the biggest spot. It was a long one, but it was still in the biggest spot and the Niners would have won. And he bricked that one. So there's a lot of mistakes.
Speaker 8: Dang it.
Speaker 3: That'll keep you up at night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Graham, I know you want to talk about Governor Gavin Newsom citing this new bill having to do with social media. First, Jess, you guys.
Speaker 3: Why is this so in embarrassing for your significant other to see pictures of you growing up like there's nothing more. Oh my gosh. This weekend, my boyfriend and I went through some photo albums that were at my mom's house, and it was just I was cringing so hard. I like almost wanted to explain myself for every picture, like, no, you don't understand, like this look was better back then, or just trying to make the situation better.
Speaker 2: Is that just a girl thing? Grands I feel like you wouldn't really care so much.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sure. I well, I wouldn't mind showing my wife them. Maybe when we were first dating had been more embarrassing. I just wouldn't want to show like everybody. Yeah, you know what I mean. It's like I don't need all that getting it out. And the one thing I always think about is, yeah, our generation, Like it's you're looking back at awkward pictures. All the generations, all the subsequent generations, subsequent, as you would say, all the subsequent generations, subsequence whatever, all the subsequent generations are going to be. It's all embarrassing videos. You're gonna, yeah, that makes me feel better. You're gonna have all these awkward dancing videos from when you're in middle school and all this stuff, and those are all gonna get shown one day to your significant other and talk about the embarrassment there. Oh yeah, I don't have that true.
Speaker 2: That makes me feel better, But yeah, we just we just looked awkward and embarrassing. Kids these days they have a whole skincare routine and they had a full face and they got filtered.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. They will in fast forward twenty years they will look back and think, oh my god, I can't believe we dressed like that. Oh my god, I can't believe we had that haircut. Oh my god, we wore sunglasses like that, or you know, or our jeans like that. It will it will not age well, it never does. And imagine having a video of you wearing all that stuff top Oh no.
Speaker 3: Okay, that does make me feel better because I was just sitting there like, oh my gosh, he's gonna he's gonna look at me different now, he's gonna be like, I'm dating this this ugly thing, this thing, this.
Speaker 1: Is what I got.
Speaker 2: All right, Graham, what do you have?
Speaker 1: All right? So last week we talked about how Instagram was rolling out their new team accounts, which we're going to be slightly more restrictive, although it didn't seem like they were doing too much, but it was in an effort, yes, quote unquote effort to protect younger people from the dangers of social media because we know it's very harmful for your mental health and addition to other things. Well, on Friday, Governor knew Some signed the Protecting Our Kids from Social Media Addiction Act. Now, this is going to ban all social media platforms from they say, knowingly providing an addictive feed to children under the age of eighteen.
Speaker 2: With that, what are they going to filter out unaddicting stuff? It's all addicting, that's.
Speaker 1: Part of it. Well, the feed will have to go back to, says, chronological feeds, and it has to be based on the things that they're actually interested in their and their friends content. It can't be social media. Social media companies deciding basically their algorithm deciding like, oh this is this is what's gonna They know what posts are going viral and being very addictive, and so they're not allowed to push those. Whether or not social media companies actually follow this and how they enforce enforced us, I don't know. Some of the other changes would be that social media platforms is going to be banned from sending notifications to minors during school hours eight am to three pm and again from midnight to five am unless okay, user has parental consent. So there are a few changes there, but it's basically going to make a big change to the content that they are seen in their feed. Do you guys think this helps because we weren't sure if Instagram going moving to a teen account would actually do anything.
Speaker 2: It's a step in the right direction. If they can just make it super boring, then that would just solve all of our problems.
Speaker 3: Ooh, but then that'll just have you scrolling even more looking for something interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta find something that's good to look. Come on, give me something like if they just threw.
Speaker 2: In some educational videos to like throw the kids off. Yeah, you know, I wouldn't want to be on that app.
Speaker 3: Nope, So you just get out of that one and go to the other one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is this is across all social platforms. This is this long on California is gonna apply to all of them.
Speaker 2: I just know something needs to be done and fast, because my daughter still begging me for an Instagram account, and I can only hold out for so much longer because the app says, you know, thirteen and up. So she's thinking when she's thirteen, she's allowed to have an account. I don't want to get bullied into letting her have one. So they need to.
Speaker 1: Gonna get You're gonna get bullied. Yeah, you're a bar on time already. I think this might help, but I think the companies themselves are gonna have to make the biggest changes, and they don't want to because they make a lot of money for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, And there's that. All right, Thank you, Graham. Today's hot is trending coming up, the hottest thing.
Speaker 9: It's all the stuff you need to know, what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 2: All right, So the weekend box office coming in at number one Beetle Juice. Beetlejuice yet again, made another twenty six million dollars, been number one for three week three weeks in a row.
Speaker 7: Now, okay, not bad.
Speaker 2: I thought it was going to be Transformers one. It's a new movie that came out this weekend. They're at number two with twenty five million dollars, and then Speak No Evil sitting.
Speaker 7: At number three, made five point nine million dollars.
Speaker 3: Interesting, all right.
Speaker 2: Chapel Roan diagnosed with severe depression. So she's been really open about struggling with fame. I think one of the last times we talked about her was when she posted that video and she was going off on fans for following her around, yelling at her name, wanting photos with her. It's just been really hard for her to make this major adjustment, as it would be hard, you know, for anybody.
Speaker 7: But she did this new interview with The Guardian.
Speaker 2: It was published on Friday, and she said, quote, I went to a psychiatrist last week because I was like, I don't know what's going on. She diagnosed me with severe depression, which I didn't think I had because I'm not actually sad, but I have every symptom of someone who is severely depressed. And she went on to list some of these brainfall, poor focus, forgetfulness and a very lackluster viewpoint.
Speaker 1: We all have that, every single one of them.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're right.
Speaker 3: I all love that.
Speaker 1: Good not good.
Speaker 2: No, But she said everything that I really love to do now comes with baggage, Like if I want to go thrifting, I have to book security, I have to prepare myself like mentally that it's not going to be just a normal trip to the story anymore.
Speaker 7: If I want to go to the park, same thing.
Speaker 2: If I want to go work out, I just I can't do it in a safe way where I'm not being stalked or harassed.
Speaker 1: I don't Again, every time we've talked about Chapelone, the majority of the stories are all about it's always very anti fame and the things that come with it. I don't know how to I don't know. Chapelon fans kind of get upset with us when we say, like, well, it kind of comes with the territory, and they're like, no, no one should be treated like that. I don't know where I where to land on this anymore, because it does come with the territory, and every time we hear it just seems like this is not the right career for her. But she's combally talented and is a great performer. So I don't know what is it. What's the answer.
Speaker 2: The answer is because famous not for everybody. I've honestly, it's too late now, but I feel like she should have gone like the Sea Route, or it's you hide your identity so you can still live that normal life but still create the art that you want to create, or like Marshmallow, you know what I mean, like one of those.
Speaker 7: People that cover up their faces.
Speaker 1: I just feel like that's so rare, and then that true.
Speaker 7: And then people will find out she would have done it.
Speaker 1: But those are like the only two success stories of that, you know, that are out there, right.
Speaker 3: I think Dashunk what she has to do now is just find different ways of adjusting to it. Like you have the fame now, but that also comes with the money. So now you have people to do things for you. And I know that might not be as pleasant for some people. Some people want to go out and do their own grocery shopping, not me, but you know it, it's kind of nice, you know, maybe enjoying that more.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like she's not gonna enjoy any of it. So if Graham, what do you have?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: We have to unfortunately talk about the Niner game yesterday. This is not the Monday that I was hoping for heading into yesterday's matchup with the Rams, the injury news for the Niners went from bad to worse. We already knew going into that game they were going to be without Christian McCaffrey and and Deebo Samuel, but then prior to the game, we learned that George Kittle also going to miss the game with an injury, and a couple other players ended up playing but were pretty banged up, meaning the Niners were without three of their top targets for brock Party. But again, the Rams weren't going to Shendity tears for us. Their lineup has been probably even more so decimated by injuries as well. Niner fans pulled off yet another very impressive takeover of Sofi Stadium in LA, with an estimated sixty two percent of the crowd cheering for the redidame. It looked and felt like even more than that, though it was definitely it lived up to the nickname Levi South. Let's put it that way. Niners basically controlled the entire game. They led the entire game until, of course, the final two seconds when it mattered most. Juan Jennings stepped in for Deebo, had the game of his life, you guys. He caught eleven passes for one hundred and seventy five yards and three touchdowns from Rock Purty. Epic legendary performance. Unfortunately, it will not be remembered because it was all for not. The Niners made a few very costly mistakes down the stretch, Ronnie Bell being one of them. I feel so bad. I feel bad for him because you know he's gonna not forget this one for a very long time. But he dropped a long pass with just a minute and two left on the clock. They would have put the Niners in field goal range. Had they been able to kick that field goal, they would have won that game. Niners ultimately fall on a last second field goal by Rookies Rams kicker twenty seven to twenty four. He hit that with just two seconds left on the clock, and the Niners lose again. They will be coming back to Levi's this coming Sunday. They're gonna be hosting the Patriots. That should be a git right game if there is ever a get right game on the schedule, although this, this one should have been. This one is gonna haunt the Niners. The Niners will respond, They'll be fine. Everyone will get back and healthy, and they will. I feel like this is going to be a loss that sort of spurs some good things to happen for the team. But it would have been nice to have this one in the wind. Call them because they owned that game. Oh my god, they gave it away, you guys. Oh it's brutal anyway. So that's why I hate today, and.
Speaker 7: That sums up and you had to let it out, Graham.
Speaker 1: I had to let it out. Look, very football fans across the board are not happy today because the Raiders they also lost. And I have to I don't want to rub it in, but he lost to the worst team in the entire league, the Carolina Panthers, So they're not happy today. We have a lot of Cowboys fans randomly that listen to the show. They're not happy today. They lost as well. So there you go. I'm sorry. Those are our team. Those are the teams that got to get covered. They all lost, all right. The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, we're.
Speaker 7: Actually gonna be talking to Ivan this morning, like for real this time.
Speaker 1: I think we are. He was in my DMS over the weekend, and if you missed it on Friday's show. He was supposed to be our listener. I was gonna shoot his shot at Cheaty and then he ghosted us, and he was in my DMS over the weekend, like, please, please, please, little suckers, let me back on this show. I want to explain myself. And so I said, answer your phone running. You better have a damn get extra phone, he said.
Speaker 3: He will, he better answer right.
Speaker 7: I don't play about Cheaty.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Like, you better have a good.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get to what the bleeps where you can win at JB show. Chug Mug, you just got to be the very first person to guess today's bleeped out word. As always leave Your guest is on the talkback Mike on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You guys ready for today's clich Yes, I can definitely smell when my wife has gotten her and call me weird, but I actually kind of like the scent of it.
Speaker 7: You are weird a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jesus, what I can't.
Speaker 1: It's too early for this. I like to smell of it.
Speaker 2: That's disgusting.
Speaker 1: Hi think about what that bleeped out word could be.
Speaker 2: Thank God, this is a family show.
Speaker 1: Selina's face was playing sheer horror. All right, take your guests on the talkback Mike, leave us your name, your city, and then your guests. You have to be the very first crrec guest in the morning to win that brand new JV show, Chuck Muggin The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Before we get back to what the bleep, we got to talk back about Chapel Roan. I don't want to get lots with all the other bleep talkbacks that are coming in right now, but in trending, I was talking about how she was diagnosed with severe depression because of her rise to fame, that all happen so fast, she's been having a really hard time adjusting.
Speaker 10: I think it's really unfair to say that the answer is for chaperone or other people who want to create art and not be harassed, is for them to go into hiding or hide their identity. I think it's a statement that the fame needs to be like the way people treat famous people needs to be looked at and changed and reevaluated because it's not acceptable behavior. It's parasocial, it's unhealthy, and it's.
Speaker 7: Not Okay, I get what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I agree with that, but I'm just thinking, I just feel like and don't would it make it sound like I'm over here like victim shaming or blaming.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's not the case.
Speaker 1: That's not the case. We're just pointed out that every time she's talked about her fame, it's in a very negative lights where like, I just don't know how.
Speaker 2: You use I just feel like fangirls have been fangirling for as far back as I can remember, Like look at how they treated the Beatles, like following around, following them around.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm saying, Like you want to avoid that, I think, just to be safe.
Speaker 2: Yeah do what see you did wear a big wig or whatever too high your identity, not because I think it's your fault.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you shouldn't be harassed. I'm not saying that's okay.
Speaker 1: But I feel like transplant in a popcorn cart or something.
Speaker 2: That's just what it is.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, it would be great if a fan culture changed. I just I don't know how you how do you implement that change and get it going. There's a lot of things in society that would be great. If everyone got on the same page, should changed, it'd be for the better. I just don't know how how that happened, right.
Speaker 2: All right, but thank you so much for you to talking about it, and I also get what you're saying totally.
Speaker 7: All right, So let's get back.
Speaker 3: To what the bleep? Where you can win this JV show, Chug mug.
Speaker 2: You just want to be the very first person to guess today's bleeped out word. In case you missed it, here's today's clip.
Speaker 1: I can definitely smell when my wife has gotten her and call me weird, but I actually kind of like the scent of it.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that word could be except for one thing, and then judging you, Graham, stop, I like it.
Speaker 1: Judge me.
Speaker 3: Let's go to your guests.
Speaker 9: Hair dyed, hair dye?
Speaker 1: All right, that's far and away the most popular guests is hair done?
Speaker 10: Hair dyed?
Speaker 1: Hair is something? It is not that. So if you were one of those people that submitted that guess, get your next guests in quick. That that was a very popular guest this morning.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 3: His Pittsburgh, I think is nails done.
Speaker 1: Nail. There's another one, petticure, manicure nails done dot Combo of guesses. We've gotten a ton of those this morning. That's also not it.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, not here and nails.
Speaker 11: Good morning JV Show, fam. I want to guess at the pleat word. This is Anthony, A from San Jose. I want to think it's per few and tomorrow's my birthday, and I just want to get myself a shout out. Thank you all, have a great day peace.
Speaker 1: Two things. Yes, I agree Anthony, happy birthday.
Speaker 2: All right, so no one's gotten it yet. I continue to leave those guests in and get them in on the talkback Michael the iHeart app. We are going to play more than coming up.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four.
Speaker 2: We are the JV Show Happy Monday. Will you had a great weekend? We are playing what the bleep? Hopefully we can give away this JV show chug mug. Nothing would make us happier on this Monday morning. So in case you missed it, here is today's clip.
Speaker 1: I can definitely smell when my wife has gotten her and call me weird, but I actually kind of like the scent of it. Your ground, Well, we've already ruled out it wasn't hair done or hair dyed. It wasn't nails done or pedicure or something like that. Yes, something else, you sick.
Speaker 2: I remember this is a family show, so the word is always something clean and thankfully. If you ever do want to participate, well hope you do. You leave your guesses on the talkback Mike on the iHeart app. Let's run through some of them.
Speaker 5: Now, Good morning JV show.
Speaker 1: This is Sammy from San Jose. I think the bleeped out word is coffee. It's pumpkin spice season.
Speaker 2: Y'all have a great day, little sucker.
Speaker 1: Like, that's a good guess. A lot of people guess when your life picks up the coffee. Yeah, you can smell that.
Speaker 2: Ooh yeah, oh good guess.
Speaker 12: This is Wendy from American Kenyon.
Speaker 2: I might have to say a tattoo the way a tattooth.
Speaker 1: Right right. I was gonna ask that same thing, Selena, you have some tattoos, do it at Omell.
Speaker 2: I don't think the tattoo necessarily has a smell. It's more like the ointment they put on over it.
Speaker 1: Got it. I think, Well, my wife has no tattoos, so I'm not familiar with the tattoo.
Speaker 6: Smell.
Speaker 12: Hey, Hey, good morning jav Show. I'm also just coming off of my birthday from yesterday. I turned forty one. Like Selena, I'm twenty six and a half. I'm gonna say my guest today is going to be gas. When your wife gets gas, like the smell of it. Hey, hopefully I'm right so I can win my second chug mug so my wife will stop stealing mine.
Speaker 1: Love y'all, take it easy, buddy, all right, Happy birthday, Happy birthday as well. We'll guess that this morning about gas. But like getting gas in your car, you can smell, and she's dott and gash.
Speaker 7: Did I think that maybe I'm the gross one? I thought the other guy?
Speaker 1: I think that one he was talking about the gas and that's nothing. Correct answer, Nope, nope, no.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Jamie Show. This is Rebecca from Conquered.
Speaker 2: My guess for the bleeped word is Tan. Have a great day, Dan.
Speaker 1: Here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna give like a like a half of a because a half of a ding there.
Speaker 7: All right, So listen to today's clip.
Speaker 1: Unbleeped, I can definitely smell when my wife has gotten her spray Tan and call me weird, but I actually kind of like the scent of it. Now, we got to discuss because spray tan was what was bleeped out there. And when my wife does get a spray tan, it has a particular smell and I like it. It smells good whatever. I don't know what kind it is, but it does smell good. I like the smell of it. But what do we do here? Because she said tan and nobody else. I think our buddy Monique left a guess and she said tanning Salon, and people were there, they were close, but most people did not guess it. This morning, and there we have Rebecca and conquered it, says tan see Graham.
Speaker 2: Normally, like we always say, it has to be the exact There's been many people in what the bleep history have gotten very close to it, that's right, but they didn't get the exact word.
Speaker 1: How about this, I'll take my skills. I'll bring my skills on tomorrow. We'll cut a chuck mug in half. Yeah, mill or half of them up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, problem solver?
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, So there we go.
Speaker 2: We'll play again. Tomorrow is seven o five, that's what the bleep Here on the JV Show.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the phones Wild Day for nine.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 2: This is Jackie and I'm with my daughters Carolyn and Camilla. Hi everyone, Hi girls, back there.
Speaker 3: How is the weekend?
Speaker 2: What you guys do?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: We had soccer games?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh I know that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Graham was just talking about that.
Speaker 1: I'm in the middle of that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, soccer runs our lives over here.
Speaker 7: Okay, well, Graham, you're in the same boat.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope you had fun, even though soccer is, you know, just dominating everything about your family. Right now, let's get you all you're already on. Let's get you in the game to hopefully win these tickets for see Kaigo live at Chase Center. Nice. So here's how this works. We're gonna ask you for trivia questions. We're gonna if you get three correct, you win the tickets. I know that you have your daughters in the car. You guys want to just come up with with the answer as fast as possible, so you guys don't run out of time. Okay, okay, all right, So let's get to it. Question number one, it's an easy one. The Splash Brothers was the nickname given to what iconic sports duo.
Speaker 5: Klay Thompson and step Cray.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it is easy, nicely done, all right. Question number two, gunpowder, caper and soy sauce. We're all invented in what country?
Speaker 4: China?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good job?
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 7: That was the complete guest and you got it right.
Speaker 2: Question number three, what word is you? As the International Radio Distress Hall?
Speaker 1: Like your plane's going down, your boat's sinking. What are you doing on the radio? And say, yep, Mom, I don't know you're supposed to know this, but you're the mom. Got he do you wrote that boat one times over? Guess no?
Speaker 2: They go may day, may.
Speaker 1: Day, may day Day. Are we supposed to shout that on the radio?
Speaker 6: You're not.
Speaker 1: It's not We're not crushing radio station is not sinking? All right? Question number four you need this one to win the game, you guys, in the game of in the game of Monopoly, how many different railroad spaces can you buy?
Speaker 2: You guys this you guys play Monopoly.
Speaker 1: You guys are the ones to play. Come on, I told you the last time.
Speaker 2: The money you get, how many there's for railroad?
Speaker 1: All more. I don't ever buy those. Ay, nobody got time for the railroads or the utilities. Get out of here. I want that park place, oh so close, So the hell of a tro jack.
Speaker 2: You do not win the JV shows you have no game. Thank you so much for getting on and playing with us, though. We hope you guys have an amazing day. But don't hang up. I'm gonna put you on hold and Chety is gonna pick up from the next room. Okay, thank you guys, You're very welcome. Hang on there.
Speaker 7: Dang it so close, all right.
Speaker 3: Grant, we have some shout out.
Speaker 1: We do a lot of people in my DMS out and says, hey, can you guys give a birthday shout out to my son Jackston? Happy seventh birthday, Jackston. We love you and have a great day. Ask for Mom, Dad, Gia and Hayley. That's true, all right. Another one says, Hey, Graham, wondering if you guys can shout out are awesome son Kenny, who turns thirteen today. He's a smart, kind, caring young man. Much love and that's from Dad, Robert, Mom, Fief, the sister Angelina and big brother Andrew. Why for her birthday. Another one Mom and Dam's mom and Mediams says, wanted to shout out my daughter Luna for her seventh birthday. Mom loves you. We listen every day our way to school from American Cannon. Shout out to Napa Junction Elementary Go Badgers. I don't know what they are. One more so, Hey, Graham, want to wish happy birthday my son Evan. He's turning twelve this week. I also want to shout out his best friend Miguel. We listen to you guys every morning the way to school. Love Mom, Avery, Grammy and our Friendchies, Pork and pop Us.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's so cute.
Speaker 1: Happy Happy birthday, Evan. That's true, honest, thady.
Speaker 9: It's all the stuff you need to know, what's hot and music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 2: So all of Usher's tweets mysteriously disappeared.
Speaker 7: Isn't this interesting?
Speaker 2: So yesterday fans and Usher's Twitter account noticed that all of his stuff was gone, every tweet reply, every piece of media that he had ever posted.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 2: Well, a lot of people started to speculate that maybe he was afraid of getting caught up in the whole Diddy takedown, because the timing of this is very suspicious, and if you wanted to hide something, now would be the time, now that he's in custody. If you recall, Diddy was Usher's mentor they even like lived together at one point. Remember we talked about USh Usher's parents and like record Execs sent a teenage Usher to go live with Diddy, and he's been interviews in recent years, like I saw some crazy things happen at Ditty's house.
Speaker 1: Oh, he definitely had to carry the palettes of hil.
Speaker 2: So last night, Usher did address his Twitter accounts, you know, his tweets disappearing. He said, my account got hacked and damn y'all ran with it, and then a lot of crying face emojis. Now, Jess did check this morning, you said the tweets are back. They all close to seven thousand tweets their back.
Speaker 3: Yes, so he has six point eight thousand posts right now. Now. You know what if I find this interesting is I had also seen that Pink deleted a bunch of tweets just recently as well. Apparently she had over four thousand posts on Twitter that were just completely scrubbed off of her page. She has maybe about four posts on there right now.
Speaker 1: The Twitter purge. Yeah, so I.
Speaker 3: Wonder you know how many other artists are gonna go through their social media.
Speaker 7: And just kind of delete a bunch of stuff because it.
Speaker 2: Probably a lot. I feel like a lot already did when when Cassie's lawsuit came out. Anyone who was related, you know, not not related to did the like bloodline.
Speaker 7: But like affiliated. I guess, m m yeah, I could see that happening.
Speaker 1: I mean the second they raided his house. If you weren't scrubbing yours, if you have some incriminating or some tweets or something, I would have aged poorly when they were those You're a dummy.
Speaker 2: By the way, everyone is talking about this resurfaced interview clip from two thousand and two, Diddy was on with Conan O'Brian, and Diddy has always been known for throwing these crazy parties. So Conan was like, what are the ingredients to a successful party?
Speaker 4: You need alcohols, right, alcohols right, not just one alcohol, alcohols right, just lend ladies.
Speaker 6: You need the booze.
Speaker 1: You need some water. No, no, I don't know if guys have noticed this, Like a lot of ladies drink water at parties, you know, so you have If you don't have what they need, they're gonna leave, right, Gotta keep them there, right, need locks on the doors. Okay, this is sounding kind of dangerous.
Speaker 2: Man, he said you need locks on the doors. He says, you need heat because the heat affects the alcohol makes people feel more comfortable and lose. He also joked in the same interview about locking the women up. Oh, I believe it.
Speaker 3: I feel like it sounds like he's joking. But was he?
Speaker 1: Oh no, truth? Yeah, definitely the ingredients to his parties, yes, maybe not. The rest of us don't follow that advice.
Speaker 7: I have a feeling that Neo is gonna be He's going to be in this takedown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so many celebrities. Yeah, and I guess I never really paid that much attention until now that everything is coming out. But even the giant bed that he has in his backyard ew.
Speaker 6: Bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like fifty like a fifty foot bed in his backyard that everybody apparently talks about.
Speaker 1: Move over orgy doing a burying, many.
Speaker 7: A diddy dome and it's all slippery and oil.
Speaker 2: Do O raam, what do you have? Hurry all right?
Speaker 1: Crazy subject, change the subject, crazy story alert. This Bay Area boy who was abducted seventy three years ago was just discovered to be alive and living on the East Coast. So he's not a boy anymore. He's a he's a man. Uh. Louis Albino was six years old when he was taken from a park in West Oakland, where he'd been playing with his older brother. They say a woman lured him away with a promise she was going to buy him some candy. Turns out that trick's been around for a long long time. Kids, if you're listening, don't ever follow anybody for a candy. You help them find their lost puppy or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's been good enough, you got to send them like one hundred dollars cash app or taking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come over here, kid, I'll take your iPhone shopping. Yeah, give me your cash. Hab, I'll give you some cash. His mom, who had five other children he was the youngest, always held out hope that he would someday be found. She carried a picture of him in her wallet every single day until her passing in two thousand and five, and Unfortunately, she never got to see her baby come home, but some of his siblings now have because he has One of Luis's nieces took a DNA test a couple of years ago, and one of the matches that came back was Louise, and that's when the pieces sort of started to fall into place. She didn't realize it at first, but you know, when you I don't know if you've ever done an ancestry or one of those sites, you get some random, you know, relatives out there that are sort of distant, but this one hit back as a stronger match. Eventually, his niece went to the police in Oakland asked them to look into this case because she had become convinced that this could be her long lost uncle once she started googling his name and looking at pictures of him, and police determined that it was in fact him. Louise somehow ended up with a couple that raised him as their son. He's a retired firefight Marine Corvette and he's a father and a grandfather to his own grandchildren. He was recently reunited with his siblings here and their families, and they said it was quote a lot of long, tight hugs and tears.
Speaker 2: Oh you by God, seventy three years.
Speaker 7: This needs to be a movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, he didn't want to go into a lot of details about what happened. I don't think he wants to share that about that, but I just know that I want to know. I want to know. We all want to know what happened from the time he was abducted to the time Wow, being raised by a family. He didn't want to, you know, divulge that part of it, and understandably that's his story, right, but I mean, that's crazy, that's insane. The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Before we get to Graham breaking a couple up, I want to remind everyone eight fifty this morning, we have your tickets for California is Great America. If you want to hang with the JV Show, that's us. We're going to be there on Saturdays for the Trades treet It's gonna be a lot of fun and we hope to meet everybody there. So even if you don't win, we hope that you you know, go buy your tickets Seeagridamerica dot com. You can still come, yeah, you know, hang out with us. But AFFD is your chance to win a four pack. All right, Graham, what happened?
Speaker 1: This is bad, you guys, This is bad. So about two weeks ago, I think we talked about on the show, there was some study that was getting bounced around and kind of going viral again, and it basically said that if you are a couple that's constantly posting pictures to one another, you're more likely in an unhappy relationship, and people are that are in happier relationships post their significant other less. That's just the way that this quote unquote research.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 1: I don't know if there's any real facts to that or not. And we discussed whether or not we thought that was true, and I think we all kind of agreed that we know plenty of very happy couples and yeah, they don't post each other that much, but they do have a few posts, right right. Well, I got a DM later that morning, and I'm going to read it to you from one of our listeners. Oh, she said the talk this morning triggered me a bit about the couple's post. I agreed with what Jess said, because if you're not posting a lot, it's probably a good thing. But if you don't have any picks of me on your page? Are you trying to look single? My boyfriend of almost two years will post me on his stories but has never posted me on his grid. Feels like a red flag to me because I post him. I hate this as even a topic of discussion in relationships today, but I appreciate you guys talking about it very validating. Now, look, here's what I responded to that. I said, I suck at social media, but even I know you should have a picture of your significant other somewhere, a static post on your grid somewhere. That's a that's a I'm an idiot on social media?
Speaker 8: You are?
Speaker 6: I know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I DM her that and she said thank you. Now, a couple of days went by and I got this is the DM I got, and unfortunately she was on it. Let me just say this, I wanted to have her on this morning. Unfortunately, her family's going through some hell stuff and so she wasn't able to come on and tell the story. But I'm going to have to tell it for her because she's at me. A DM two days later it said he broke.
Speaker 6: Up with me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I was like, are you serious? Way? And she said that one of the things she brought up was she brought this to his attention, like, hey, you should have me as a post on there, and then he went into some big you know, song and dance about how he doesn't see them going in the same direction and used to be focused on his career and blah blah blah blah blah, and the icing on the cake. She said. He did it over text message.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, he was just looking for a way out.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: He was a walking red flag on long So do you think and there are couples out there listening like, wait a second, you don't have me, Now that I think about it, you post me on your stories, but you don't post me on your grid. Is that in today's because look, even I know that. But is that grounds for breaking up with someone? If somebody right now is in a relationship, maybe a new relationship, they're listening and their person does not have them as a static post on their Instagram grid, is it? Is that a major red flag? Because I caused this breakup and I feel really bad about it, but I feel like I also did her a favorite because you don't want to be with somebody like that.
Speaker 7: I do think it's a major red flag.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it'd be grounds for breakup because I think you would want to try to it's a fixable red flag, I guess, of course, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I think the red flag is the fact that your significant other kids hiding. You know that you're you know, your significant other came to you with a very minor issue that is fixable with a one minute action from your part, Right, you just have to post a picture and you guys are going to be good, and you decide to instead break up.
Speaker 7: With that person, like that's the red flag.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me ask he was hiding something? Again. I stink at social media, But I feel like I am so proud to post my wife on there because I am so incredibly an awe of her all the time and I want the world to know that. And if you have to ask your person, hey, you don't you only post me in a story? Is you need to have a post me here? Shouldn't that? And then they go, okay, yeah, yeah, I'll post.
Speaker 2: You on there.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't they have already done that?
Speaker 7: They should have, But some people also just do suck at social media.
Speaker 2: So my man, though, my man is one of them, like, yeah, he posts me like I am on his on his pages or whatever. But even he doesn't always do like the anniversary post because he's like, why do I have to.
Speaker 7: Post it if I'm with you?
Speaker 1: See that's my arguacee we're on He and I are locked up on that because I don't always do those. But he and I both know that you have to have a constant display of this person. So yeah, you're saying, yeah, it's an easy fix, Okay, let me go fix that by posting it. Shouldn't They have already done it, though, And I hate that this is an element social media is an element of whether or not your relationship is good or not. That shouldn't be. But I don't know. It's twenty twenty four, and even I know this.
Speaker 2: I just think in most instances I would give him the benefit of the doubt before before like breaking up with him or something over him not having me post it on his page, especially given the chance.
Speaker 7: To fix it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got it.
Speaker 3: But if you if you bring that up to him, and all he does is say, oh, well why do you why do you why is it important to you?
Speaker 1: Well, we're men. We only get defensive. That's what we do, okay defense. Whenever you bring something to us and it seems like we're being attacked, we go into immediate defense and put our arms up, and it's and just protect me.
Speaker 7: About him breaking up with her over text now that.
Speaker 1: See, I I stink that. But even I know you can't do that.
Speaker 7: I feel like I wouldn't even take that break up seriously.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, whatever do you mean you just respond to like, no, no, break it up.
Speaker 2: I just wouldn't be able to.
Speaker 7: Take it seriously, like silver text, you don't mean.
Speaker 1: That, you don't mean that, you don't mean that. Let's still get some burger king hunger. No, if someone's gonna break up with you overtexting, you've been together a couple of years and it's over something like this. Again, I feel terrible that I broke this couple up. But that's it's all your fault, it is. But I feel like I did her a favor short term losses long term.
Speaker 7: She see it that way.
Speaker 1: Some day she will someday maybe not hates my guts, but I you know, like I feel like in the you'll look back later and go, that was not the person for me.
Speaker 2: No, because because you're a man, would be proud, should be proud, Yes, show you off.
Speaker 3: And I feel like a lot of people will try to use the excuse of like, oh, but I don't really care about social media blah blahlah blah. Okay, Well, if you don't really care that, you won't really care.
Speaker 2: To have a post on theres no difference to you.
Speaker 1: If you're somebody that just doesn't really use social media at all, then disregard that entire conversation we just had. That doesn't matter. But if you're actively posting stories and posting things on Instagram like oh I should post this, let me post this, and you have and you're an active social media user, then sorry, you have to abide by the relationship rules of twenty twenty four set in the Bylaws of you know, you must post your significant another. It's in right you sign up for the Yeah, I've seen it.
Speaker 3: Do you guys think we just caused a lot of really uncomfortable Oh.
Speaker 2: There's going to be songs, bad conversation's happening, and you can just blame Graham for that.
Speaker 1: It's really all sorry, yep, send me send me a breakup confirmation. Jim DM the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: We were just talking about Graham breaking up a couple because the boyfriend.
Speaker 7: Didn't do you want You can tell the story better than I can, Graham.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had a conversation about whether or not you should have like a static post of your significant other on your Instagram, and a woman that listens to the show, she brought it up to her boyfriend of nearly two years because he didn't. He would post her on her stories, but not a static post, and he ended up breaking up with her over it. And I caused it because I was like, even, I know, you have to have that, and she took that to him, and then they brought all Graham's faults.
Speaker 3: Yep, Good Morning JV Show.
Speaker 11: My ex always complained about how she hated how she looked in pictures, so I never posted any because every time I tried to, she'd take, no, don't.
Speaker 1: But then after we broke up, I found out.
Speaker 12: She would complain to everybody about how I didn't posted any pictures.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you stop me from posting? What the heck?
Speaker 2: Maybe if she wanted you to talk her out of that mindset and be like, no, you actually look beautiful. Best picture I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: I will say there is something to that, though, because you do have to before you post a picture of your significant other, particularly ladies, you have to go to them. Can I post this? Do you like this picture? Do you you know there's a lot of approval. I would never My wife doesn't have to ask me if I approve a picture to post. She can just post. So it is a little different. There's a little difference there as long as you know that though.
Speaker 5: Yeaheah, hey about the posting. My husband is horrible at social media. He doesn't even have the apps downloaded on his phone yet. If you go onto his Instagram page, he still has pictures of me posted. Major red flag when a simple conversation turns into a breakoup.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See, even those guys that suck at social media, we know you gotta have a picture of your lady on there at least one.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Ivan, who we tried to bring on the show Friday because he hit us up. He wanted to shoot shot at cheaty. Remember that. Yeah, we're going to call him no answer nothing.
Speaker 7: How does look like a bunch of dummies live on the air.
Speaker 1: The entire area ven you.
Speaker 8: There, I'm here, Hi, So uh what then happened?
Speaker 1: Ivan? Yet is looking like idiots. People are like, oh wow, they can't even get one guy to come on the air. You want to pick up his phone, chety, put some respect on my GD and then you're my dms all like let me back, please please please, little sucker, please let me come on here and explain my case.
Speaker 2: So what is it?
Speaker 1: What better some good reason? I'll come down there and fight you.
Speaker 8: First of all, started gety, I did not go skwu. Second of all, on Friday, I got the life changing news that, you know what, I'm cancer free. So can I take back on what happened on Friday? And I knew that if I went on air, I was gonna be cry like a little baby, so, you know what, a lot of emotions. But here whoa.
Speaker 1: Okay, can you take back the part where I said I was gonna fight it out of the podcast? Take that part out of the podcast. I just have like I don't know, like taxing me, like one or two minutes of me congratulating I'm being killed.
Speaker 2: That's amazing, that's amazing. But he still goes to you giving us a little heads up because you literally answer the phone ten minutes before we were supposed to go on the air.
Speaker 7: That would have been nice to be like, hey, I don't think I could.
Speaker 3: Make DM go.
Speaker 1: The guy just survived.
Speaker 2: I'm not bashing him.
Speaker 8: I could you guys not literally after Jeff call me literally fifteen minutes after that's when my doctor called me and like hey, I need you on the line. And then you know I'm getting the now.
Speaker 2: But oh well that's amazing. Okay, fine, you're gonna let that go.
Speaker 3: You're forgiven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just this once. If you do it again, cut down there. But you put some respect on my cheaty.
Speaker 2: So are you so interested in our buddy Cheaty?
Speaker 1: Of course she's beautiful, she is Chetie.
Speaker 2: Why are you acting so shy right now?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: So we'll say hello to I haven't I'm in.
Speaker 3: How's it going?
Speaker 2: Hey tt?
Speaker 1: Did you guys feel that the sparks there was something? It was like static electricity just popped through the mine.
Speaker 7: All right, I even so your loins are clearly ablaze. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
Speaker 8: So of course my name, I've been twenty nine. I'm a cancer too, Like gat, I love Costco okay, I'm a membership kat.
Speaker 1: Wow, look at I love it. I love it.
Speaker 8: I'm a sucker for tacos. I like to go on hikes. Actually I'm on a hike outdoors.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, dial back even let me talk he real quick. Just dial back to their nature activities. Stuff like that. That's not going to land right here.
Speaker 8: Go back.
Speaker 1: We'll focus more on the costco. Tell us about who your favorite memory costco, your favorite trip there? Did you drink time you scored something?
Speaker 2: Guy's crocs?
Speaker 1: Do you wear well?
Speaker 8: Kind of what?
Speaker 1: What size cross do you wear?
Speaker 8: Nine and a half?
Speaker 1: Okay, Cheaty, can you work with that?
Speaker 2: I work with that?
Speaker 1: Okay, that works. Do you have any children?
Speaker 8: Nope?
Speaker 2: Okay, see you didn't know those existed anymore.
Speaker 1: Ivan. Did he say you're employed?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 6: I am.
Speaker 8: What do you do if we might ask, I'm actually a delivery driver, so I'm actually everybody's best friend in the morning. I deliver coffee for companies, and I believe we delivered to you guys too.
Speaker 1: Come on back, send them over, put some put in a good word for you once I taste the taste the coffee. And Cheaty has had a career in coffee as well. That's right, she was a Dutch bros.
Speaker 3: Bar I have a lot in common already.
Speaker 8: We have to start our own business.
Speaker 2: While you setting goals together, love that, cheaties or anything.
Speaker 7: You'd like to ask Ivan, what kind of costco membership.
Speaker 10: Do you have?
Speaker 1: The executive? Is it the platinum the business membership that would really put you over the top.
Speaker 8: It actually is a business.
Speaker 1: I mean the sparks on fire, smoke arms are going to go just exploded into it. But yeah, it is warm in here, just just I'm just heating up my coffee. Okay, So what's the next? What's the next steps here? Because this look Iven, we you know, we doubted you, we were very subsct You're back, You're back right now. You're my front runner. I was team Gavin, I think on Friday because he called he stepped up and called in when you when you ghosted us, But really, you know you had a good you had a good reason for that. And so now we've got a couple of great candidates. Now what's the next? Lena talked me through this, how do we make these love connections happen?
Speaker 2: So I definitely want get more.
Speaker 7: I definitely want to get more people involved.
Speaker 2: My goal is to put on a live event at the end of this kind of like a cheaty dating show sort of thing where we would have an audience and we would be able to like have drinks and just have a lot of fun.
Speaker 7: So I've been not to, you know, bring some more competition.
Speaker 2: But if anyone else is interested in shooting their shot, you can slide into our DMS JD morning show and we're gonna get some things going, maybe like some boxing matches or something easy.
Speaker 8: Easy.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, if there was a cheaty live dating show, would that be something you'd be interested in, like attending and being a participant.
Speaker 8: Of Hands down, I'll be there, Okay, nice.
Speaker 1: He'll probably come up with some other story, like I just I found out I won the Congressional Medal of Freedom. Right before that. I was so emotional I couldn't I couldn't show up to the event because I was so happy.
Speaker 7: I've been well, we're so happy your cancer free.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Sweet ring you for ghosting us, and thank you for being on this morning. We're gonna keep in touch. Okay, thank you guys, all right, No, bye, Ivan.
Speaker 7: I liked him me too, gety, be honest, what you think you got reaction?
Speaker 1: Give it to us.
Speaker 3: He's taking himself out of the hole.
Speaker 7: Okay, so there's potential, that's it. Yeah, we got to see on the Dating Show it's a lot of competition. All right. So again JV Morning Show if you're interested in joining that.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 3: All right, jess Y ye talk to a girl is apparently dude still relevant?
Speaker 1: No, she's not talk to a girl.
Speaker 3: Look, that's what we keep saying. Right, We've been done with her for a while, but she just keeps popping up. She now has her own small little section at Spirit Halloween, and we kind of knew this would happen right once. You can dress up like her for Halloween basically, So there's shirts dressed.
Speaker 1: Like a trashy girl in a Nashville bachelrette party.
Speaker 3: There is a shirts colgarl anyways, stickers, jumpsuits, shot glasses, all of that with logos on them that they hawk to us. Oh my god, I did put a picture or a little video of this up on our Instagram today the Morning Show if you want to check it out.
Speaker 1: It's a smart costume idea because it is, you know, one of the biggest pop culture moments from the year. But again, if somebody walks in, if you unless you're wearing branded, you know, gear like this, and you're just trying to dress up as talk to a girl, no one would know who you were.
Speaker 3: And would you would you look at somebody wearing this way? Assuman?
Speaker 2: This bothers me, Like I go to Spirit every year with my kids, obviously to like look for costumes. Now we got to walk by a section that says spit on that thing, like like that's that's plastered all over this dude, explain, Oh you.
Speaker 1: Do not No, uh oh you don't explain that one touching that you don't get it. I don't know.
Speaker 3: So what do you guys think if you see somebody out and about with this costume?
Speaker 2: Are you judging?
Speaker 7: Of course yes, no, maybe not well judging them. I'm not in a really bad way, but more just like.
Speaker 2: Why all the ideas and you went with this And I don't understand the jump I don't even understand the costume. Go to the JV morning show that she's selling these jumpsuits. I don't get the pink jumpsuit doesn't even make sense to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never seen her wear something like that. So I'm also wondering, like, is this something that spirit is just doing that they just came up with, oh yeah, or like is she getting some sort of cut.
Speaker 7: No, she's definitely behind this. There's no way they'd be able to.
Speaker 1: I just thought, I just thought of my Halloween costume. Oh god, it's getting good. What I can't tell you? I just thought of it. Thought, No, I can't tell it. I can't tell you. Why would you not a group costume? Dang, I gotta figure out how I can make it a group costume. Let me think about it.
Speaker 7: We gotta see if it's a good idea.
Speaker 1: No, it's really good. Yeah, no, no, no, I think it is one. I just gotta surprise you with it.
Speaker 2: Fine, all right, Graham, what do you have here?
Speaker 1: All right? So, if you guys remember last week, Heyo Tani joined the fifty to fifty club in Major League Baseball, something that never happened before. Fifty home runs in a season and fifty stolen bases. Well, that fiftieth home run ball, there's that was a very valuable sought after item. As that thing got launched into the stands and word is the guy that caught it. Now, this game was not in LA, it was in Miami and it was a Miami Marlins fan that came away with that ball. They say Dodgers officials approached him. This is a report. I don't know if it's been confirmed to get the ball back. This is a piece of history that show Heyo Tanni would love to have back. And we know he's got a seven hundred million dollar contract, so they's got a lot of money he could throw out this To get the ball back, they say this fan was offered three hundred thousand dollars to give that baseball. We talked about stories like this before where people say, if you were to catch you know, a milestone home run ball, I think it was the Aaron Judge ball. The people felt like they were being pressured to give the ball back for some signed memorabilia, and they were like, no, I want to turn around sell this because you know, prices on baseball memorabilia have just skyrocket in the last few years, and they felt like they were trying to get strong armed by whatever organization to get that piece of memorabilly back. Well, this dude, he walked he took the ball and left, turned down the three hundred thousand dollars offer and left and still has the ball. What would you guys have done? You get an offer for three hundred grand, that is life changing money. All you got to do is hand over that baseball that you caught at a game, or you can turn around and walk sell it for more, possibly more, possibly much much more later. What would you guys do?
Speaker 7: I'd be good with a three hundred thousand. Just here you go, I'm walking away.
Speaker 2: Take it.
Speaker 3: You would walk away with the money.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that would be so hard to turn down. Yeah, three offer for three hundred grand. Although, if you're being smart, somebody offers you three hundred grand for something that you have, you know there's room for negotiation. You could say, I'll do five hundred thousand. If you find out later that the ball's worth five million.
Speaker 2: Oh dang it.
Speaker 1: These things could be very valuable twenty years from now. The ball could be worth twenty million. You don't know. It could go up and up and up, or it could be worth around the same, or it could be worth less. We don't know. If a bunch of other players joined the fifty to fifty club, which they won't. But you never know.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't want to take the chances. Just give me the money, so.
Speaker 7: You'd be good at the three hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: I think I'm more with Graham. I think I would hold out just a little bit longer.
Speaker 1: I think I would negotiate, but then ultimately if they came up to you know, four hundred or something, because you know you have all the power there. You have to remember that if you ever catch a milestone home run ball or whatever it is, you have all the power. That's your personal property. You do not have to give that back.
Speaker 7: Don't settle for a jersey.
Speaker 1: You just say that you better give me five hundred thousand dollars. Walk out this door right now. There's nothing they can do about it. Goddest things. It's all the stuff you need to know.
Speaker 9: What's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories, happening to and trend being is brought to you by Mancini's is sponsored by Mancini's Sorry Uh vis A Mancinie Sea World for the luxury resort mattress seller visit seabral dot com is.
Speaker 2: Doja cat Engaged. She performed at the iHeartRadio Music Festival this weekend, which was amazing.
Speaker 7: If you were not streaming it live on Hulu, what were you even doing with your life?
Speaker 2: Okay? But Dota performed and at one point she like holds out her left hand and there's a ring on that finger. And the only person that she's been linked to that everyone could think of, I mean right now, is actor Joseph Quinn. You know, he starred in A Stranger Things. That's I think that's what he's mostly known for that role. So everyone's like, whoa, whoa, whoa. You guys are like engaged, Like that was fast, that that happened really quick.
Speaker 7: She did set the record straight.
Speaker 2: She said, no, dill holes, it's a ring from David Yeerman and there's no rocks in it. It's not an engagement ring.
Speaker 1: Oh but didn't she kind of hold it out like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why would she bring so much attention to it?
Speaker 1: Then she the gesture that was made looked very engaged.
Speaker 2: Many were engaged, although the ring didn't look the ring doesn't look engagement y.
Speaker 7: I'll give her that.
Speaker 2: There is no rocket.
Speaker 7: It almost looks like play jewelry. But do you think to be honest?
Speaker 1: But to me, Doja Kat's not someone that follows the convention of like a traditional wedding ring, very true engagement ring. Right, So it surprised me at all if the ring looked nothing like you know what we think it should.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you're right. If you want to see that photo JV Morning Show, it's on our instance story. So Kim Kardashian is still working towards prison reform reform.
Speaker 7: Do you know about the Menendaz brothers Graham of course?
Speaker 1: Okay, so notorious cases in US history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyone who doesn't know Eric and Lyle Menendez. They're both serving life sentences for killing their parents back in nineteen eighty nine. These murders are also the subject of the latest Netflix Monster series that everybody is talking about right now. It just came out.
Speaker 7: So these brothers, by the way, they're not happy with the show.
Speaker 2: They recently blasted Ryan Murphy that's the show's creator, for how they were portrayed.
Speaker 3: In the series.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So Kim went to the correctional facility San Diego where they're being held, and she spoke in front of the Menanda's brothers, not just them, as a group of like forty inmates, and she talked about you know, prison reform and injustices and things like that.
Speaker 7: But they're saying it was kind.
Speaker 2: Of awkward, I guess because Ryan Murphy was there. Sorry, not Ryan Murphy, but the producer of the show was there as well as the actor who plays Eric.
Speaker 7: In the series Wow, and he just like blasted the actor.
Speaker 2: For how he was portrayed and stuff. And Kim was also there with Chloe and her mom.
Speaker 1: What do you think she's guys get out?
Speaker 2: No, No, absolutely not. And I don't think because they killed their parents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they did. How old were they going to happen?
Speaker 2: Don't care?
Speaker 3: That's still a horrible crime.
Speaker 8: Gyp.
Speaker 1: She roses out living her best life. She's all getting pumpkins, spice lattes, she's engaged, and she's pregnant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but supposedly she didn't do the killing she did, which which is debatable.
Speaker 1: She partook it.
Speaker 7: Now according to new online theories.
Speaker 1: How old were Eric in Lyle? This was a huge, huge, huge case. But I just wonder there are people that commit, you know, murders in this country and they're out in really short amounts of time. It's always shocking to me.
Speaker 2: They were twenty one.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh see, that's.
Speaker 1: They were adults. But that doesn't I don't know people that commit murderer in this country get out in less than twenty five years all the time. That, yeah, and that I always kind of wonder about that. Those guys have been in prison a very very low, very long time.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Kim's whole purpose of this meeting at the correctional facility wasn't necessarily to try to get them out. Yeah, directly, she was just talking to everybody in general that was there. Graham, what do you have in trending right quick?
Speaker 1: New law? Governor Newsom has officially put an end to plastic grocery store shopping bags. This is something we tried to ban years ago in California. I think we did this in back in twenty fourteen, ten years ago. The band pretty much backfired because stores realized that if they made their bags out thicker, heavier plastic, they could be considered reusable and recyclable, even though nobody ever reused them or recycled them, and so we as a state actually created more plastic bag waste than before the band. So it was a total total failure. But paper of plastic will no longer be a choice a check out at grocery stores yesterday, Knew some signed a new law that effectively bans all plastic shopping bags. I have to look when this goes into effect. It's not effective immediately. Obviously. Supporters say that this new law finally meets the intent of the original plastic band bag.
Speaker 2: This you're gonna have to get.
Speaker 1: You can bring your own reusable bag, or you can get a paper bag is in fact recyclable.
Speaker 3: You can drive it on this side and get your.
Speaker 1: Fashionable.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing it, I started.
Speaker 2: What can you fay there?
Speaker 1: Get the big one.
Speaker 7: No, I'm not thank you.
Speaker 1: These thick plastic bags and we all have. But if we brought a thousand of these ones from Target under our saying that I'm going to.
Speaker 7: Reuse but if wet, what if we did reuse them?
Speaker 2: Once the band goes into effect and we just bring our own plastic bag, That's fine.
Speaker 1: You should start doing that. You could already be doing that right now. That is true. The JV show on Wild ninety four nine Happy Monday, where.
Speaker 2: The JV Show, I'm Selena a room and I'm just Graham.
Speaker 7: We have a birthday shoutout we do we do a.
Speaker 1: Very very important one. Our buddy Angie Washington slid into my DM. She said, Graham, can I get a birthday shout out buddy for myself? She says, I love you guys, so happy happy birth birthday. Angie's one of our favorite listeners, huge forty nine er fans, so she's probably in mourning like me today. Although we had a bit of a back and forth spa in my in the DMS over the weekend because I posted a picture and if you want to see what I'm talking about, you can see our photos from home follow a JV morning show on Instagram, and I posted a picture. My wife and I were working all weekend long wallpaper in this bathroom in our house. My wife wanted to do wallpaper, and I gave her one rule when I started building this house for us and our family, I said I don't do wallpaper. I don't do it. And she came to me and said, I really want a wallpaper this room. You know this room, will you help me? And you know me being so you had to greatest husband.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: We Kate and I both tackled this and started wallpaper in this bathroom. We spent two days on it. We're still not done. Hanging wallpaper is a nightmare, you guys. It is a nightmare. It's an exercise in frustration. I think my wife even posted something saying, update, we're still married, because I could I could see this breaking up a lot of couples. Oh no, So I posted a picture of our bath of the bathroom, and she said, in my damn, she said, what's the theme for that bathroom? Haunted mansion?
Speaker 2: And you know it was a little you know.
Speaker 1: Ticket a shop to wait.
Speaker 7: That's good, Angie, that was good.
Speaker 1: Again. Jav Morning Show. If you want to see pictures from photos from home and you can see the wallpaper down your.
Speaker 2: Head, can I say?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 2: I love the look. But I had kind of the same thought at first. I was like, Okay, Dracula, it's.
Speaker 1: Going dark and moody. That's the whole goals and I and I just responded, haha, let me see a picture of your bathroom, you know, like, let me see it. Put Angie, what you got, send me a picture your bathroom. If you're on your bathroom, my horse, let's see it. And she sent me some AI generated stage picture of some bathroom, like, Angie, that ain't your bathroom? My notes not anyways, So if you want to see our photo photos from home is Lena yours? I love it.
Speaker 3: My picture.
Speaker 7: We went to a birthday party on Saturday, so.
Speaker 2: This is me and my babies. Kim's at the party.
Speaker 3: Just love that mine is in front of a ginormous artichoke because I went to the giant artichoke?
Speaker 1: Is that in your hometown? Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was actually delicious.
Speaker 7: You guys have are you guys love artichoke? Yeah, artichoke everything.
Speaker 1: Athlea. By the way, I do love artichokes, but I will not be a traveling foodie to go to castro Where am I going to Castraville?
Speaker 2: Castroville the artichoke capital of the world.
Speaker 7: Gram, Yeah, but put some respect.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things like I get why you order seafood when you're out of place near the water. Artichokes can travel just fine'lly'll get here on that truck to me? Just fine at my limpy grocery store.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, So check out our photos. By the way, she has a beautiful picture there as well. Jab Morning show on Instagram. Other than the wallpaper gram, how was.
Speaker 1: The weekend soccer completely taking over our weekends. Now, my daughter Quinn who's five, and my son Ford, who's seven, are both playing soccer. And are you coaching. I'm not. I've avoided to this point knock on wood being assistant coach or any sort of coach. So I'm just just a fan there and my daughter Quinn, I can't know if we talked about this. She started off the season a couple of weeks ago just going full beast mode, looking like she was a soccer phenom. She scored three goals in the first game, just like was running circles around every kid out there on the field. And since that point, her game is just completely fizzled with disinterest. Ever since, it's like she doesn't want It's so frustrated you guys, because she doesn't want to participate, doesn't want to play, and she gets all upset and you can't get her out there on the field. Just get out there. I don't care if you're you know, like as a sports parent, like I don't care if you're good or bad, but you got to participate. The coaches are volunteering their time, everyone's here. It's the fun that get out there and run around. I don't care if you don't. If you're no good, you gotta participate. It drives me crazy. And she didn't want to get on the field on Saturday. And these games are our kids games are back to back on Saturday morning, and they're at different schools. So we're at We're at Quinn's game. Okay, we got to run over you know, driver Ford's game is about to start. We gotta get over there. Quinn would not and Slinny, you can probably relate to this. I hope you can. She does not. She did not want to leave. There's a playground there, and so I'm like, hey, we got to go. We're gonna be late to Ford's game. Running away from me screaming. She is screaming so loud. I don't want to go with you screaming so loud, slim, and it looks like I'm about to abduct her. This is what people were thinking. A couple of parents stopped her to ask her if she was okay, as she's running away screaming from me. Legit looking like I'm trying to abduct my own kid. There is nothing more demoralizing and frustrating and infuriating than that as a parent. Then it looks like you are trying to kidnap your own kid and other parents are intervening. That's how bad it was. Oh my god, I've never been so embarrassed. And of course I'm running after it. And the only way to get her like I got to catch her, right, like I got actually even more look and then yeah, blindfolder, I have to tie her up and if there were in the trunk of the car, that's the only way I can get her to the game. So he's gonna be screamed like it looks like I'm trying to abduct my own child. It's the worst. I don't know, my god.
Speaker 2: So while this is going on, is your wife with uh? With Ford?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So they luckily we were in two cars, so luckily they race. So you know, it's like you think, baby.
Speaker 2: Switch and have your wife deal with Quinn.
Speaker 7: That way, it looks less abducted.
Speaker 2: It did.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I was like I was wearing I've been on the job site of the house working, so I was wearing like these righty old like constructions stained and hold of them and takes it around this little blonde girl.
Speaker 13: On the field and karens are like, are you okay, dear, are you okay? Yes, she's fine, that's my kid. She was good in the dang car. It was the worst my son Ford shout out to him. He scored uh the only goal he scored a goal in his game, the only goal scored on his side.
Speaker 1: Although he did they gave up a goal and it was his fault. He whiffed on. I mean he went to go kick. He went to go kick the ball that was rolling towards the goal, and I mean whiffed air ball, totally missed it and it went right under his foot and right into the goal. It was that that part of stuff. But again, I don't care if you're good or bad sport. You just have to participate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you committed to this.
Speaker 1: One more quick thing for the weekend. I know we're out talking about I want to shout out our listener memo. He came uh out to the house to help me with some dry wall stuff. He's this is the second this is probably the third time he's done that. This dude is a real one. N He came out to help me. His only My only problem was I was like when when when do you want to do this. He's like, Saturday morning, six am. Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I won't fight you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when someone is giving you their time like this and he's so so skilled and so good, I'm like, I will be there. So it's up at five thirty in the morning on Saturday morning. That part was rough, but luckily he did bring us a bottle of very expensive whiskey and when he cracks open a saboratory shot out about six o'clock in the morning, well right out when we were done, it might have been nine fifteen. We had that shout out to Memo because that was a real one. I love that.
Speaker 2: We glad you had a good weekend again, if you want to check out our photos from home a JV Morning Show on Instagram.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine