Speaker 1: What if the most valuable person in the gym isn't the most experienced person, and maybe they're not even the strongest or fastest or the person with the best Welcome to the Transformation Station podcast. I'm Christina, owner, operator, and founder of the Transformation Station, and this is where we talk about getting stronger while navigating real life. If you're trying to stay consistent through the ups and the downs and everywhere else in between, this is for you. Okay, So I'm going to talk about this one specific member. We have many members, so we probably don't know who I'm talking about, but this is someone who is incredibly special to me.
Speaker 2: And in saying that, there's a.
Speaker 1: Lot of incredibly special people, but in the last twenty four hours, this specific person really stood out to me. And she's retired now, she ran her own business. Every single time she's in the gym. I have to tell you is before she leaves, she thanks me, and she thanks the coach, She thanks the space for existing. It's interesting because, like she tells me, the gym is amazing and how fortunate they are to have this space and to come and be able to move their bodies within the four walls and she's also like, thank you so much. We're also fortunate to have you doing this, and to me, like, I admired this woman so much and I always knew that, like she really stood out to me for a few different reasons. And then I googled her name and I told her that I've known her for over six months now and I recently did this and she's someone who has built something substantial and I had no clue until I googled this, and I told her that, I'm like, that is so impressive, Like you never really know who you run into at the train information station. And I even told her, I'm like, listen, most people in here, like I know them. I know their shoes, I know their heart, I know their goals, and I'm fascinated by people. I don't care what kind of car they're driving. I don't know what they do for work most times. And it's like it's it's very interesting to me because like when you walk through the doors, all of those things that are like i'm gonna say, worldly possessions, we kind of just leave those things at the door, and we don't judge anybody based on the car they driver. Like those types of things, right, like, to me, it's all about the energy that people bring to the table. And to see that she has built something that was so in my opinion, impressive. She knows what goes on behind the scenes of business and building things because she has literally lived it herself. And I always wondered, like, why is she so nice to me? Like there's like, there's so many things I really love about her. But one thing that I noticed is when there's a conversation about the gym, about how things work, like she's the first person, and she does this in such like a kind like non fake kind of a way. She's the first person that jumps in. Is like Christina, thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm like what. And it's not even like a forced.
Speaker 1: Thank you, it's not like a like like I value feedback and this is totally something that's that's different, and she's so genuinely grateful that someone was like, you know what, I care about people in fitness so much. I'm gonna build this for the community. And I recently read something online and it said I don't know, it was like it was speaking to me, but I took it and actually shared it with a few other business owners because it's like I know that I will cry about the Transformation Station because well not just because like I'm proud that I built it. To me, like I always have the next goal that I need to attain, and I'm not really that proud ever, because this is just what I do, Like business is in my blood. It's something that I thrive on. It excites me. But this thing that I read it said, next time you're looking around and being so fortunate about the people around you and like your customers and stuff like that. And I will always be thankful for people that walk through the doors of the Transformation Station, But this post is said, don't forget to thank yourself because you're important for existing, because they're also fortunate for having you as well. It's not just a one way street of only one person is contributing in one person, it's like a relationship. You have built something that people can use and it makes such a big difference, so you should be proud of that and vice versa. People are lucky to have what you bring to the table, whether that's in your career, in your profession, in your family, in your life, in everything that you do. Like I always say, like, oh my gosh, I'm so thankful for my pets. Get me wrong, I'm also thankful for my spouse. But I'm using this as a generic because a lot of people have pets, and I'm like, I'm so thankful for my pets. In all the contrast, I'm like, they are so thankful for me. I work so hard so my animals can have a good life. So high vibe to us that are doing those things too. And actually I talked with Nikki on the podcast episode yesterday, so go back to the other one if you didn't listen to it, and we talked about like the programming at the transformation station that comes from like real experience.
Speaker 2: It's very intentional.
Speaker 1: Every every single movement always like I always plan it. So there's different options, there's every modification, and there's definitely always a method to my madness. And our coaches we're all making the same pizza recipe. Our coaches give you so many ways to move in our space. No one ever has to act like ask sorry, no one ever has to to ask for a modification. No one has to raise their hands or feel embarrassed because we just don't do that here. And like, there's there's so much options that there's not really anything to push back on, and like sometimes you hear like a lot of like heavy complaining or oh, I don't want to do this, or like it seems that it's almost like a social connection of why people do that sometimes where it's like that's what they can bond on, so they push back on some of the movements like oh, walking lunges, we did so many lunches.
Speaker 2: In the last week.
Speaker 1: Or you can always change your lunges to befoward lunges, backward lunches, side lunches, leg lifts, side taps, dumbbell marches, if you're not hinging at the knees. Like there's so many different options that we give people, and we train people for that because like we want you to move in a way that moves your unique body. So there's absolutely nothing to push back on, because we literally pride our entire business model that I've designed on that. And this member gets it, and she trusts it, and she appreciates it, and she says so every single time before she leaves a gym. And that's the kind of energy that I'm talking about today. Like it's just like this person is like walking sunshine, and like we talk about fitness, like we talk about like life, we talk about all these things, and it's it's normal. It's not like that artificial positivity. Like that's not what I'm talking about at all. But like she's she's just really kind and like she's not over the top funny, she's not loud, she's not obnoxious, Like she's smiling, she quietly greets people. She always has this radiant smile on her face, and like she's always also trusting people around her too, and like she makes new people feel welcome, and like I cannot tell you how genuine her smile is and you can tell that that she means it. So like the workouts matter in the building, right, Like it's a fitness center, it's a gym. That's what we're here to get stronger, to move our bodies and to have social time. And like, don't get me wrong about that. Like we are here for like a plan and a purpose, and that's to get stronger and move our bodies and to create longevity. At the end of the day, people will always remember how they felt while they were in our four walls, and like they'll always remember like did I feel competent, was I able? Was I singled out or no, like people remember those things. And that's why we speak to the people individually, not to a class as a whole, Like you're not a number here, and that's why like this genuine heart of like we have different things that we give you.
Speaker 2: You don't actually need to complain.
Speaker 1: If you like complaining and that's just something that you like to do, then that that's okay. Like you can be yourself, like we pride ourselves. We make a place where everyone feels comfortable, so all the different personality types come out. However, just remember that what you bring to the table is what sets the tone. And when I'm coaching and I'm leading the room and I hear like, eh, this or this or this or this, it's like okay, so don't do that. Then these are your options what I have for you. If you want to work your quads and not do a lunch or a squad, this is how we can do that. Like it's going to be a good time, You're not going to be hurt, like we're here with you. If it's a muscle soreness, there's different ways that you can move and like we pride ourselves like you don't always need to be and always you don't ever need to be crawling out of a gym to have a good workout come and move your bodies. There's some times that when you're you're upping your weight, or maybe you're changing your movement pattern just a little bit, or you try a different class type like butts and guts, which is a lot of like lower body and core. The next day you might feel your your muscles are a little bit tight. There's some people that hardly feel anything at all and they still had a fantastic workout, And there's some people that move their bodies a little bit differently, so something's like refired, and our programming always has that flexibility that if you do need something more challenging in a different kind of a way, that we're going to offer that to you. If you want to add pliometrics, which is a lot of jumping, we can show you how to do that as well. So there's all different ways to move your body to what your goals are and the way your unique body moves. Like the workouts do count, but that energy that we bring to the table when we enter the space also matters. And don't get me wrong, you're allowed to have a crabby day.
Speaker 2: Like even with.
Speaker 1: Coach Tina and Coach Nikki, we talked about like energies and like you can come in in a bad mood and you can leave it all in the gym floor. You can forget about it, you can have a good time. You can leave better than when you walked in. And that to me is the most important thing. The coaches are the thermometer in the room, so we're gonna not the thermometer. Sorry, we're the thermostat in the room. So we're always trying to bring that positive energy without being artificial at all. That's why we're real human beings. But people always remember how they felt in the four walls. And I know that when I look at my roster of who's in my classes, whether I'm subbing it in the evening or on the weekends or whatever classes in the morning that I'm already teaching. When I look at the roster, I go, all right, we're getting it because I'm so happy to see the different people in personalities that I'm coaching of that day. And I know, no matter what, Like there's that song that's like, ain't nobody gonna break.
Speaker 2: Mastrat, I've got to keep a movement something like that.
Speaker 1: So like if someone's having an off day, it's okay if you're having an off day, because I'm not gonna have an off day and I'm here with you. We're gonna hold hands as we keep on going. Not actually, but you know what I mean, Like like in spirit, perhaps I'm not like that, but I think that's gonna be good for now. But like if you're allowed to come however you want. I'm not asking anybody to show up and pretend like they're fantastic all the time. That's like that other podcast podcast episode that says not always yay, sometimes just.
Speaker 2: Okay, because that's gonna be okay too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm just talking about like what we bring to the table and what we actually how we communicate, how we vibe within the four walls. There's some people that just love to give feedback, like the workout should look like this, or it should look like this, or maybe this or that or whatever the case is. But at the end of the day, we do programming for the group as a whole, and we address each person individually that way they can change it. It's more like group training. So that's why, like the programs are written as the programs are, and don't get me wrong, like no one's kicking back on that. So it's not like I'm saying this for a specific conversation that I had. I'm just saying this because that's just how it is. And this specific member every time is like she changes the energy in the room. And when I see her, whether it's in step class or step in lift on Fridays, and I see her doing her thing and she's like zoned in, and then after she's like wow, But like I can also see that she changes some of the movements to be for herself. So like there's some times when I'm like, Okay, you can either keep on stepping or grab water. Chances are I'm gonna grow go grab water too, because I'm hooting and hollering and singing and queueing with my voice through that whole time while hauling ass too, So I'm like, oh my gosh, you guys all want to break to get water, good thing, because me too. And then sometimes I see her and she's still stepping and then she'll grab water as she needs and like, Okay, do your thing, like this is awesome, And after she's like this was so great because she truly embodies the essence of the gym, which is moving a way that works for your unique body and there's no kickback, Like it is just so cool to see.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's that's not just on coaches to cultivate that energy, but it's also everybody who walks through the door as well. And when people compliment me on the gym and they're like, oh, the people here are amazing, and I literally turned them like, I know right, Like that's just what we've cultivated, that's just who we are.
Speaker 2: So yeah. So here's my challenge today. I'm gonna leave this with you.
Speaker 1: I know, the last couple of podcast episodes were a little bit longer, so I'm trying to keep this one a little bit short and sweet. My challenge for you today is to be the that says thank you, to give gratitude. Sometimes we give a lot of feedback and feedback and feedback, but sometimes what people need is just a genuine thank you. Here's my challenge for the day. Okay, oh there's no grade, so don't worry. Be the person who says thank you, like, say it for real. It doesn't have to be a huge, big, thing it can be. Maybe you're gonna thank a coach, maybe you're gonna thank another member. Maybe it's someone who you just notice next to you. Maybe they help you get through the workout, and maybe not just like a hey, good workout, but something that's like super real, like hey, I noticed that you cheer for people at the end of class, Like that's fantastic, or.
Speaker 2: Like go up to one of the coaches.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're I know that we have a lot of listeners that recently tuned in, even as far as Japan.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad that you're here.
Speaker 1: Maybe you belong to a gym, go high five to the coach and say, hey, thank you for showing me that modification. Like watch what it does to the room, and also watch what it does to you. It's going to transform your entire fitness journey. If it's in your work, it's going to start to transform your work. Like gratitude is so good, be specific about it, sometimes not Sometimes I know that doesn't matter who you are or where you are. We don't hear thank you enough. So tell someone they probably don't hear thank you enough. And I hope that this comes back around to you too, because you never know who's going to need it. And you know what, I'm going to promise you that it will come back to you, all right. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, if you want to recap on this, come and talk to me. Let's see how and where and how. Let's talk about it, how gratitude changes your week.
Speaker 2: See you next time.