Speaker 1: Welcome to Big for Society. If you have Bigfoot activity to report from the same areas discussed in this episode, please reach out to me directly after this episode. And if you'd like to be on the podcast to discuss a personal Bigfoot encounter, please reach out to me directly at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com. Do you wish there was more Big for Society to listen to you every week? Well there is now. If you become a supporting member over at Patreon, you get a special members only episode every single week on Wednesdays, and sometimes even more episodes. Head on over to patreon dot com. Forward slash the Big for Society and now let's get on with the show. The following remote interview happens in the region around Oakridge, Oregon, at a cabin out in the woods. That being said, the audio might be a bit different than what you're used to, but enjoy as this is the first time this individual has shared this information. There may be hot mics, mic issues and other things that you notice in the background, but don't let that stop your enjoyment of this and again, thank you to Kevin for coming on the podcast. Enjoy and we're okay with Kevin first name only. Okay, I'm going to start with it. Kevin introduced me to his property, which is pretty far up in the woods. Kevin, thank you for inviting me out to your picnic table at your property. It is very nice out here. Your dog is running around. We've been tossing the ball too. He's pretty good at running around getting that. But do you mind. Is there anything you can share about the area that we're in, just for the listeners to get a visual of what we're looking at.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sure.
Speaker 3: Where we live here in Oregon, it's nestled in the west side of the Cascade Slopes and it has a lot of Native American history and a lot of settler history related to the Oregon Trail and different routes that we're trying to be discovered for easier access, because everyone was heading to the Lamott Valley, which is where Eugene sits and all the bigger cities in Oregon. So basically in western Oregon, once you get out of the valley areas, you end up with all small world towns that might be ten, fifteen to twenty miles apart and probably averaging anywhere from a thousand people maybe to three thousand or five thousand people, So a lot of small spread out towns dispersed in a really large forest system. And so where we're at here, this is the Blama National Forest, one of the largest national forests in the United States. I mean, there's just a huge amount of roads and different ecosystems, you know. I mean you go from one thousand feet in elevation all the way up to ten thousand, three hundred and fifty eight feet at the top of South Sister Mountains, which is the pinnacle of Blama National Force. And that's bordered on the eastern side by the Hush National Forest over their eastern Oregon in Bend area. But anyways, really lush area, really pretty area. And I spent decades out here, me and my wife, backpacking and exploring and really just just finding places away from people. And before I had children, my oldest daughter's nine, we always went camping.
Speaker 2: That's what we did.
Speaker 3: I worked fifty sixty hour weeks at shops in Eugene, and at the end of the work week, we'd have our packs packed and I'd cram them in the back of my ninety four jeep Cherokee and we would oftentimes leave Friday night and drive for an hour and a half two hours to get up into the National Force, and then hike into campsites just to spend as much time as we could out out in the woods. We both really enjoyed it, and it decompressed us. For me, growing up in rural communities, on farms, on ranches. I spent most of my adolescents growing up in eastern Oregon outside of Pendleton on the Indian Humuntil Indian Reservation out there, and I worked for all the ranchers that were had big ranches and big farms nestled up against the slopes of the Blue Mountains out there, and just a beautiful area. And for me, I came from Florida. I moved up here when I was eleven from southwest Florida, just south of Fort Myers, and even down there my family we lived out pretty muchut in the middle of nowhere. We were the typical southern swamp kids. I don't know most of time, I probably was barefoot and shirtless. And when I was my boy's age now, which there are seven, me and my younger brother, we'd take the john boat out and we'd go hunt alligators and bring back little three foot four foot alligators and just spent our days exploring. And the funny thing is, now that I've gotten more familiar with miss Bigfoot phenomenon and had experiences myself, think about how remote I lived in Florida, and my mom and dad got divorced at an early as, so there's two different hig This is how we spent our time at and my dad lived out and out in the middle of big swamps. There's no houses around us for six or seven miles. And I never experienced anything in Florida, you know. And I know people say that there's a lot of activity on there, and I believe them. I believe them. I think that there's a lot of people that have these experiences and they just don't automatically go to Bigfoot as a first explanation, which in my case for the experiences that I had, while the most of these happened, Most of these happened, and I didn't even realize what was really behind it until years later, even decades later, on some of these and when you start thinking and putting it together and being like, ah, that explains what happened. And it was one that finding Bigfoot show kicked off, and there's a lot of fans of that show, and we discussed my opinions on it, and I think it really mainstreamed the Bigfoot thing absolutely, you know, really brought it out there. But it was more entertainment and hooting and hollering and these microscopic noises that you hear in your TV you know, when the show's debut and they're like, here, that's a sasquatch. It's a hard bill to sell, you know, to people that never had experiences. But what I really did get out of that show was listening to people share their encounters. And after listening to several of the very first episodes of Finding Bigfoot, me and my wife both looked at each other and we're like, we started recounting all these experiences we had, and we really like that explains exactly.
Speaker 2: What we had happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with that all, I'll just jump into some of the experiences that I've had and I'll give as much detail as I can to paint the picture. Unless you for people, I've never been to the Pacific Northwest, you spent the last few days running around here, really just dipping your toes into the vastness that's out here. This is a rugged place, and nature rules out here for the most part. I mean you look at right now. I mean we're surrounded by wildfires. You know that's normal. I have my camper pack right now. I have all my important stuff in there ready to go in case we have to leave. I've had to evacuate the last five years, and so it's just one of those things you prepare for. Reminds me of being in Florida prepared for hurricanes, you know. So, I mean, nature's nature is still rules out here, and a lot of these places are. Even though there's roads going everywhere in this Lamba National Forest, there's just so much uncharted land. There's two thousand plus miles worth of road in this National forest. You could spend decades trying to drive these roads. And I'm friends with a lot of third generation loggers up here, and even these guys haven't explored all the roads out here. It's just incredible how much room there is. I ran a backpacking business where I take people out on paid hikes and everything. And after getting really involved with backpacking myself and spending spending months outside literally every year, sleeping in the stars, finding the most remote corners of this Western Oregon Cascade Slope wilderness areas, and just spending weeks out in these quiet spots, we really got to know the area well. And my experiences with Bigfoot really only started happening when I moved to Western Oregon, and once I made the realization of what was going on, Like I said, sometimes ten years later plus on some of these experiences, it was kind of exciting and made me a little bit apprehensive, especially now that I have children, and so all my kids but you know, I have to seven year old boys that are twins, and I have a nine year old daughter, and we camp all the time. We go super remote. My camp trailer set up for boon dog camping. We never go to campgrounds. We go thirty forty miles out and we'll stay there for as long as we can usually when we go camping, so usually it's three days, five days or whatever. So my kids know my stories, and I told my kids all my experiences more as a cautionary tale. I don't know if I don't think these things necessarily want to be your friends. I think they're out there. I don't think I don't think that they are prone to violence and disappear in you or murdering you with anything, especially large animals and especially intelligent large animals.
Speaker 2: You gotta consider that's a possibility.
Speaker 3: And I think it's naive to go into the situation and think that all these things are your friends and they're.
Speaker 2: Just gonna going.
Speaker 3: To do these things where they're knocking on wood and throwing rocks and charging your tent and stuff. Look at Timothy Treadwell and the bears. We talked about that. He spent decades with these bears, you know, and then moved out there and I don't know how many years he spent up there and Laska with those bears and finally came across the wrong bear and ate him and his girlfriend right there on camera. Pretty horrific. And I think that that could be the case with these animals too. And I think the more intelligent a creature is, the more likely you are to have personalities, and the more likely you are to just come across a poor, an angry sasquatch. So anyways, my kids know about it. It's really just let them know that they're out there. We deal with cougar and bear all the time up here, and wolves and everything that's not an issue.
Speaker 2: I just don't want them.
Speaker 3: If my kid ever went missing missing, the last thing I want to want to worry about is my mind would go to well, crap, like maybe a bigfoot got them, you know. So anyways, with that, I'll start some of my stories here, some thinking back to my encounters, and I listed them out here, and I got approximated, and I think for the most part, I'm just gonna I got them listed in the chronological order they happen. I don't know if I'm going to really mention the actual years of these happen. I'll give you the baseline unless you want me to throw it out there.
Speaker 1: If that's nothing that if you don't mind, that might help.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: Like I said, all these experiences that I've had, except for later ones twenty fourteen on, we had these encounters and bigfoot wasn't on my radar. I mean, I've always heard the stories growing up here, but I've hunted. I hunted a bunch you know, deer, elk, and lots of bird hunting, and so I've heard stories about bigfoots. But through most of these encounters, it wasn't like I'm being accosted by a bigfoot it was just kind of on a nerving situation and being around wild animals, I don't spook easy. I've been around play any of cougars and bears. I've been followed for a day with mountain lions, hiking up and through wilderness, and it's really just not an issue. You learn how to act around them, and you know they're there, so you never want to freak out, and you never want to freak out and run. And so with that being said, you know, so I moved to Eugene area from Pendleton when I was nineteen, and my wife went to University of Oregon and she was studying there. I was a farm boy out in Pendleton, eastern Oregon on the Until Indian Reservation. And after living in small towns my entire life and rural communities, my wife invited me to be a roommate with her and her other classmates over in Eugene. We were friends. I went to school with my wife. Her dad was my math teacher in high school actually, you know. And so I moved in with her at tuxa village in Eugene. And when I got to Eugene, about two hundred thousand ish population in that area there because Eugene is Springfielder right next to each other, second largest metropolitan area in Oregon. Small for some of the East Coast stuff, but when I got here, it was exciting moving into a bigger city.
Speaker 2: I've never been in a big city.
Speaker 3: What Eugene might be considered small city for most people, but for me, it felt like a big city and it was exciting. So I spent and we spent our first ten years, eight or nine years in Eugene, every day just exploring everything we could. It started with the city and I explored all the parks and it was fun walking through the downtown areas with big buildings and everything was so busy in the hustle and bustle of it. And we started exploring outside of the city limits more and got in a lane county and we ended up in the mountains, and that's when I really got into backpacking over here. So in two thousand and eight, we were well on our way to pretty much backpacking. Every chance we got, we just me and my wife. We went back back wintertime, it didn't matter. We went rain storms, snowstorms. So in two thousand and eight I got invited to go to Thanksgiving up in as story organ. My mom actually lives up in Warrington out there, which is sits more west of Astoria, I mean, a couple miles away from the beach.
Speaker 2: Really pretty area.
Speaker 3: Probably most people recognize it because of the Meglar Bridge at Big Green Bridge that spans the Columbia River.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: That area's got a lot of history, a lot of old history. And so we drove to Astoria. I was in my wife's ninety six hont A cord and we got to the house where my mom lived, and my brother and my sister were there, and they had kids. They had taken all the spare rooms in the house, and so we brought a tent just a case, which weren't we were actually looking forward to camp in. Anyways, we figured we would end up pitching our tent somewhere. My mom offered for us to pitch our tent in her yard, but we, like I said, we like to seek out those quieter places, and so me and my wife we decided to go find a little spot off of one of the main highways out there, a mile or two off and just pitched a tent for a night or two, and that's where we'd stay. So we got up to Astoria, met with a family and it was later afternoon, hung out with them for a few hours. And in November the sun sets quite a bit earlier up here. You're starting to it into shorter days, winters coming and everything like that. And this is before cell phones and the communions. Having a phone you could just shake and get a flashlight on and stuff like that. So one thing I realized I forgot was my flashlights. And so we swung by the fred Myers in Warrington and on our way to go find a campsite, and I picked up a Coleman lantern, propane lantern, and.
Speaker 2: I'd never set one up.
Speaker 3: I was in boy Scouts, grown up and stuff, but they always had the mantles on them, and so I never had to tie myself until we grabbed a lantern, grabbed one of those one pound propane canisters and threw it in the trunk with our camping gear, and we headed off to go find a spot to camp for a couple of days. We drove through Astoria so over'heading east now on Highway thirty, heading towards Sevenson and Rainier and all those little places that are right along the Columbia River there, and we drove twelve to fourteen miles east out of Astoria. And once you get out of as story, it turns into just logging country. A house here and there, gold amongst the forest and everything, but pretty open, with a lot of little side roads that come off of it. So fourteen ish miles or so out of Astoria, we find a little road to the right. And I have tried to remember the name of that road, but I just I can't remember the exact name of it. And I've looked on the maps and I found the general area. I couldn't pinpoint the road, but we found this little road, and it's getting dusk, you know, the sign has got maybe an hour worth of light left in it. And we find this little road, come off of it off of Highway thirty. Go a couple of miles up this road and find this little four by four track some of the locals must wheel their trucks on and stuff like that drops sharply off this little gravel road that we turned on too.
Speaker 2: So I pulled the car around.
Speaker 3: Figure in there's going to be a wide spot I camp spot somewhere in there. So pulled the car off the side of the road, grabbed our tents and I didn't bring our backpack, so we were just carrying stuff under arms, you know. And so my wife had the ten I had had some gallon jugs of water, the lantern still in the box, still in the box, and everything. And we hiked down this little trail and it comes to a little a t junction. You come down and then there's a junction and we went straight and it ended up in these big maple trees and there was a campsite under there.
Speaker 1: Big for society who will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: In fact, actually there was a whole camp site set up and there there was multiple tents, picnic tables, camp chairs, and on the picnic table it had stuff set up what you see here. It had people's plates and there was some food, chips and stuff and bags. We got in there and everything was covered in leaves because it's fall time, so the trees are dropping their leaves, and it didn't look like anyone had been in that camp for weeks. I mean, there was a good covering of leaves over everything, and it was kind of bizarre, you know, And we looked at the situation. We thought it was odd, and we're like, who knows what the deal is? And so we just went back to that junction on that little four by four road, and then we took that other leg that came off of it.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 3: At that point in time, I've been carrying these water bottles with gallon jugs, so I set them down in the middle of that little t shape junction.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, let's just walk down.
Speaker 3: Here's see if we can't find a spot to put our little two person tent. And we walk two hundred feet down that road. And this road is surrounded by brushts six or seven feet tall, scotch, broom, himalay and blackberries, a lot of scrub pretty typical two areas that had been logged over a bunch of times. It just turns into a brushing mass. You couldn't walk through this stuff if you wanted to, you know, while walking down this trail, there was just a big enough spot, probably not much bigger than the footprint that this picnic table takes up, cleared off the side of the road there where some of some of the bushes have gott knocked down. And we set the tent up there and it's getting fairly dark now, and I'm like, I'm gonna get that lantern set up, So I unbox it out there and get the.
Speaker 2: Thing put together.
Speaker 3: I put the mantles on, and I didn't burn the mantles, and I didn't know you had to light the mantles and burn them in, so I just assembled it, put the propane canister on there, and lit it. The propane lantern lit up for about five seconds and it started burning the mantles down from the top, so it turned to ash, and now you have this heavy weight of the unburned mantle, and I just watched as both of those socks just disappeared, and what little light we had disappeared at that point in time. And so at this point in time, it's it's dusk to the point to where you can still see, but it's getting dark, like you couldn't read a book, was getting that dark. And so I told my wife, I'm like, we're just gonna have to camp without the lights tonight.
Speaker 2: It's not a big deal.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, I'm gonna I told my wife, I'm like, we I'm gonna head back to that junction and pick up our water jugs that I left there and she said okay. She started setting up our sleep bags and stuff in the tent. So I headed back and I had my little dog with me, Norty, and she backpacked with such a good dog in the willness, super quiet, super calm dog.
Speaker 2: So we head back to get the.
Speaker 3: Water jugs, and we're walking and Norri's falling right behind me like she always says she never runs in front of us, and broke her of that for hiking on trails. And I'm getting close to these to these water jugs at this junction, and I can see them up ahead, sixty seventy feet up ahead, and as I get closer my dog, she kind of puffs up her scuff or her scruff on the back of her neck. I looked out at her, and she's been in the wilderness tons and round bears and cooars, and she's not a very reactive dog, and she kind of growls, and I thought it was odd and maybe that kind of put me on alert, and so I say, oh, she smells something. And so as I get closer to these water bottles, these gallon jugs, the bushes, the brush on the other side right immediately ten feet behind where these jugs are sitting that whole shrub line just starts shaking, I mean shaking so hard that leaves are falling off of them. And Nori goes to run up there and she's growling, and I call her back right away. She made it five feet in front her. I called her back, and I saw him sitting there looking at these jugs, and the bush is still shaking a little bit, and it stops, and I just decided I got this feeling. I'm like, I don't think we need water tonight. So I just turned around. I left the jugs and made it back to the tent. My wife asked me why didn't grab the jugs, and I'm like, I didn't want to tell her what happened, because I mean, it just was kind of an off putting feeling. I'm like, we'll just get him in the morning, you know. I mean, we had a little water bottle with us, so we stilled some water. You know what, we'll scrab in the morning. I don't want I didn't want a home all the way down here. We get in the tent now and it's completely dark and we're setting up to go sleep. We lay down and within five minutes of laying down, we start hearing things moving through this thick brush.
Speaker 2: I mean it started.
Speaker 3: You could hear it two hundred feet away, and sticks snapping and wrestling, light wrestling here and there, and and you know, I'm like, oh, you know, there's a lot of coyotes here, and and there's bear and I guess cougar's too. You know, you usually don't hear the cats. And I saw we're here this and my wife's like, yet you hear that. I'm like, yeah, it's probably some animals moving around through here. And well, as we were talking about it, the noises got louder, and it got to the point to where it sounded like there were three or four truck sized things running through this brush. And they'd run directly to our tent from multiple directions, and they would stop twenty feet away, and then you just hear the brush go crazy, you know, I mean as they ran back away. And this went on for thirty to forty five minutes, and they got so close. I mean, they were right outside our tent and me and my wife were laying there and just looking at each other.
Speaker 2: And what do you think it is?
Speaker 3: I'm like, Oh'm probably coyotes or something like that. And it got pretty intense, It got pretty loud. It's to that point to where if you've ever been intent and you hear something out in the middle of the woods, you give that I'm just going to lay here and not move a deal. And so we just pretty much laid there and listened to it. I was pretty nervous about it. It was definitely aggressive. If animals are doing that tea in the woods, it definitely brings their attention to it. And this went on, and I mean it was pretty nerve wracking when these things would run through the bushes to us, there was no going around brush. They ran right through it like a truck. And after forty five minutes the noises died down, and a couple hours later we ended up falling asleep and I woke up in the morning, beautiful morning, and got out of the tent and went for a little walk. And there's this big power line lane path that leads all the way up to the east side of the river and that connects up to Rainier And I know you've done some stories about Rainier up there, and it was just a really odd experience. And this is this stuff that me and my wife experience over the decades backpacking and hiking. And like I said, it wasn't until the Finding Bigfoot show came on that we really started putting together what happened.
Speaker 2: And it was a mix.
Speaker 3: It was actually exciting, like actually getting an answer for what it was because it explained everything perfectly. Listen to people's encounter stories on the East Coast. They were describing the same stuff that we had happened, and the exact same stuff, and I mean, there's just no coincidence of what it could be. And so we put it together what it was, and we started thinking about all these experiences we've had in years past, and so I made a little list of some of the stuff I had happened, you know. And so, like I said, we backpacked every chance we could get, and we did that pretty much till we moved out here eleven years ago. And when we moved in here, had a kid our first year in here, and now I run a business and I don't have as much time to do the backpacking that I used to do. And two thousand and nine, I still live in Eugene and it was a weekend, so we took our dogs I too at that time, Hughey and Nori, and we decided to head to the Coast Range to just find a spot out of the way, find a little swimming hole in one of the creeks up there. And this is the area is Wolf Mountain, which is west of Benita, and the Coast Range is super rugged. They don't have the big mountains that the Cascades have. But you're either going up or down. You're either the bottom of the valley or you're on top of it, and that's how the roads go too. We end up finding this section of land. It was actually Warehouser land, and they have a gate on it and they say private property, no tresspassing.
Speaker 2: It's more for hunters and stuff.
Speaker 3: And so we, being younger and more rebellious, we bypass the gate. We just went around it and we had a lunch pack and we were going to find a little creek it's in the Clay Creek area, and find a little swimming hole and let the dogs play and just spend the afternoon out there. And so we hike in a couple of miles and end up in at the bottom of this valley where there's nice creek a little swimming hole and a recent clearcut that had been done maybe a year prior, you know, so all the big trees were cut down. There was probably a one hundred acre clearcut, and the clear cut went straight up this really steep ridge, and I wanted to get to the top of this ridge to see the view. Well, this clear cut is flanked by very large trees. So when you take out these sections of these big trees, it opens a forest up.
Speaker 2: It's dark in the forest.
Speaker 3: It was a bright sunny day, but you look into the forest, you couldn't see more than twenty thirty feet into it. I just got so dark in there, and that contrast between the bright light and the dark forest, it makes it impossible as hand. While we're stump jumping climb up this really steep hill to get up to the top. And I make it about three cours away up. My wife's a couple hundred feet behind me. She's always a slower hiker, and I start getting this feeling, the same feeling I got when I was camped outside of Astoria. There, when I abandoned the water jugs, I just got this feeling a little uneasy that I was being watched. I hadn't heard anything yet, and I put it aside and just continued hiking up the trail while I made another fifty feet up this step slope, and you got to weave through this mess of slash and stump, so it's hard hiking. And as I was making my way up the hill, I hear I almost sounded like a gunsholt, a dry chunk of tree, not even a branch, getting.
Speaker 2: Snap crack, and it's in that.
Speaker 3: Big force that's flanking us on either side, and it's probably a hundred yards to each edge of this, maybe hundred and fifty yards, And I'm like, oh, I've heard it sounded like a bear moving through woods. They're pretty clumsy, they'll step on branches and stuff. I'm like, oh, it's a bear up there. They don't worry me. I've hunted them and been around them, and I'm not too worried about the bears. And I'm like, that's what it was. That's a feeling, not a guy. So I rode off the sap. I continued up and stick started snapping and breaking a big tree knox whack on the side of trees, and it was all to the right of me, and like I said, you look into this force and it's so dark, but I could see there was there was almost like shadows moving back there. I could see that there was something in there, and it made me really uneasy. And at this point, I'm only fifty yards from the top of the ridge that I want to get up on to get my vantage point. I stopped there and I got even more uneasy. And it's just one of those situations. I always followed my gut when I'm in the woods, I always have and I just felt really uneasy, and it was a turnaround now kind of a thing, and I didn't want to stand where I was standing, and so I turned around and met back up with my wife. She was a little bit lower down the hill, and I'm like, oh, just get some so rough and brushy up there, and it probably wouldn't be much of you. I'm like, let's just head back down. And my wife had heard the commotion in the wood sield. I'm like, oh, I think there's a bear up there. Anyways, I'm like, let's just head down to the creek and enjoy ourself sore. So we went back down to the creek and spent the rest of the day, probably three hundred yards away from where I was at the top of that ridge, just enjoying herself. Nothing else happened that day, but it was the first time that I really started more paying attention to that. Just that really off putting turnaround. Now you know, your hair is up on the back of your neck kind of deal. And I had never experienced that hunting or anything, you know, being around mountain lions and bears and stuff like that. I mean, you're always on edge when you see them, but it's not terrifying. That was the borderline terrifying. So I spent a restaurant day there, no big deal, but nothing else happened. And so the next experience I had was actually later that year. So I was in my early twenties and Eugene has a hippie influence and I was getting to that scene, and so I was. I did small grows years prior to that, little closet grows and stuff like that, and like most people did in Oregon, pot was still highly illegal felony for any of it. And my roommate that I was living with at the time, we decided in that year to do a grow out in the forest and I'm like, we want to pick a spot that's as remote as possible but has access to where we can get to it and still be able to hike in and not spend five hours hiking into this place, you know, because I mean you have to carry the plants up there. We grew from clones before planting them, so the plants were already two feet tall before we put them in the ground and threw in this group. So I think we had sixty or seventy little plants and it was an industrial operation. It was just us kids messing around. Have fund I don't think we were going to make millions off of this stuff, which it was never the case. So we find the spot, and Google Maps really was a new thing than once, so it was pretty unbelievable to be able to pull up.
Speaker 2: On your computers.
Speaker 3: I think my computer's still running Windows ninety eight or ninety five or something like that at that time, pull up these maps and be able to get these satellite overlays of these areas. And that's what I used to pick the spot where we end up growing this year. And I earmarked a couple sites that were super remote. They were nestling up into the west slopes of the Cascades. They weren't super high elevation because you don't want to get too much elevation because you need to get warmer weather in the fall. If you get too high, you're going to get froze out before your plants finish, you know. And so we go up there that early spring two scout spots to put our plants on. So I go up with my wife and my roommate Terry, and we go to check out this first spot, and it's about three quarters of a mile of a brushwhack off of these logging roads that you drive for twelve or fourteen miles, and they're so brushy, brushes dragging down in the side of your vehicle while you're doing it, you know. And so we get to the spot where I marked it, and this is before GPS and everything, so we always just navigate it with map and compass, and the GPS units they had then were expensive and fairly clunky, gray screen, none of that nice overlay like not having your tablet out in the woods like it is now, you know. And so we hike into this first spot that I had marked, and three quarter mile hike in kind of pick on our way through through this forest area. They have been logged several times over. Every time they log, they plant three trees for every tree they cut. So that process, if you repeat it over several times, you can imagine how dense the trees get after they keep on replanning three to one on the cuttings, and that stuff dense. And I'm heading for this open spot that I saw in satellite. It was probably a half acre in between all this old or this new reprodden, which is what they call the trees that they plan after the log and we get up into the spot finally antakes I don't know, forty five minutes a bust and brush. You get up there and it's actually a perfect spot to grow. I had a little spring that popped up in the middle, really brushy, some BlackBerry up in the middle of it that had enough room to where we would get sunlight, enough sun light to do what we want to do. As we got into this clearing, I got that feeling again, same feeling I got when I was over in a Wolf Mountain, and the same feeling I got outside of Astoria that the really uneasy, like you're being watched and really just very uncomfortable, like you wouldn't want to You wouldn't want to spend any mountain time up there with that feeling. And so we scout around it and we brought a lunch. We were planning eating a lunch out there, and I was talking to Terry about the spot and turs like, yeah, I like the spot.
Speaker 1: Big for society. Who will be right back?
Speaker 3: After these messages, I didn't say anything to my wife or my buddy that was with me about how I was feeling about the spot.
Speaker 2: We decided not to eat our lunch chair.
Speaker 3: We spent maybe six or seven minutes in this place before we decided to hike back to the rig. Well, we made it back to the rig, and I asked my buddy, I'm like, what do you think about this spot? And he says, well, he's like, the spot's great, he said, but I had a horrible feeling going in there, he said.
Speaker 2: He said, it is super uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: My wife said the same thing, and I told him told them how I felt about it. I'm like, well, I had the same thing happened. I was just very uncomfortable, and that walk back out was worse than anything, just because it was so thick.
Speaker 2: You couldn't move fast through this stuff. You know what.
Speaker 3: We didn't hear anything or see anything on that trip, but we decided not to grow at that spot. So we got back in the rig, drove up the road another four or five miles, so where these logging roads really start petering out, and I had another spot marked and we parked the car.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 3: This spot's about a quarter mile off the road, and so we bushwhacker way to it. And this spot is up on ridges and the hillsides between the ridge and the valleys, and I mean they're probably fifty degree slopes, really steep, so when you're climbing up this you're rabbing trees and branches. And we're heading to this other open spot that we thought might be a good place, right next to a little creek. We get up there and find that there's these little terraces where the hillside slumped over the years, these little terrace spots that are pretty flat, and that's the open spots that I was seeing on the map, and there's about five or six of them. I continue down the hill, the creek kind of followed them. I mean, it was a perfect spot. And I told my buddy, I'm like, this is a spot, and no off putting feelings or anything like that on that earlier hike we did in that day, we just no one talked about it, and all the end easiness seemed to disappear. I'm like, oh, this is gonna be the spot. So the next week I organize a couple of my buddies to help us get our supplies up there, and we got all the stuff up there, all of our plants and all of our supplies we're going to need throughout the year. And our schedule was in the summertime. Every other week on Friday, we would leave Eugene at about eleven o'clock and we'd drive up to this area which was in the Lane County Lynn County line up there. So it took us about an hour to an hour and twenty minutes to get up drive up to the spot, and then it was another We always parked about a mile and a half away from where the spot was, even though it was only quarter mile off the road. We don't want to park right below it on so we would park and then do about a mile and a half walk in. And so it's after midnight and the stipulation I had for doing this was one, we never took any guns with us, you know it. One I didn't want that to be part of it. And two, like I said back in the day, you got caught doing the stuff, that's just an extra felony thrown on top of it. And so we would go up and hike into the spot and we would do our pruning and our watering and fertilizing and stuff like that, and spend a few hours up and up in the spot in the middle of the night doing it. We'd usually come out about about four o'clock or so in the morning back to the rig. So as we're doing this through the summer, we started having some strange experiences up there, and we heard the sound of car doors slamming, just boom, and it only sounded like they were one hundred feet away. But there's just no way, there's no cars up there. We walked the roads to this spot, and the spot's at the end of Deadon Road, and there's no roads within besides the one we came in on. There's no roads within three quarters to a mile away from there, and those roads are so brush anyways, no one's gonna be out there in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: So we'd hear these car.
Speaker 3: Doors slam, and we would hear what almost sounded like gunshots occasionally, but they weren't a sharp I mean, it would just be a loud crack, you know. I mean maybe you know, five hundred six hundred feet away. And I mean me and Terry discussed it, and our rule was if we ever found that anyone had gotten in there, we get found out, you'd just abandon the site and you never come back. And so we just dealt with that through the whole summer, you know. And I mean the Carridor thing was the weirdest. It just sounded like a newer car, not like not like an eighty square body Chevy. I mean like a newer car where the doors closed and there's no rattle, and you get that loud as it closes, just tons of that. And my buddy Terry was joking rising, he's maybe this maybe it's haunted up here. And we always had our chuckle about it, you know. And and so later in the year, in late September, going on October, we harvested at the as far into October as we can get it before the frost kicked us out of there. We started going every week and doing our late night prunings, and it was our last weekend that we were going up there to do our maintenance before we come back and harvest our our our little crops, which they the plants, did not do good. They were tall, they were big plants, ten feet tall, nine feet tall, but they were so spindily growing in that clay soil.
Speaker 2: And we got we got.
Speaker 3: Some stuff off of them, but it wasn't anything to write home about until our innniversary there. A week before we decide to harvest, we go up to do our normal deal, get them pruned up and cleaned up, ready to go to take back and haul our bounty back home after a long summer of growing these things. And we were pretty excited about it. And so we get up.
Speaker 2: There and we do our pruning and all of our stuff that we're doing. I'm up in the upper plot.
Speaker 3: Terry's in one of the lower plots down there, and it's probably one hundred and fifty feet separated, I mean, down this incredibly steep slope and once you come off those terrace sections, you're going down your side footing it on the hills and to get to the next one while I'm stashing the stuff up at the very top plot.
Speaker 2: Oh, and I should mention I forgot to mention.
Speaker 3: We had week a couple weeks prior to that, I'd come up there on the top plot and there's probably twenty plants or so in the top plot, and three or four of them had been ripped out of the ground and thrown.
Speaker 2: Up into the trees.
Speaker 3: Really, you know, I mean fifteen twenty feet up the tree, there's this whole plant sitting there. And we saw some elk sign and growing up on ranches. I watched horses rab plants and shake them and throw them. I was just like, we might have some elk in here picking on this stuff.
Speaker 2: And we found it odd.
Speaker 3: We actually discussed actually abandon in it because of that. We're like, man, maybe someone's in here, maybe a hunter had found it, and maybe we should just call it quits and not come back. And so anyways, our last week, there I'm up there top plot, sashing my stuff underneath this s Douglas fir tree, the watering containers and stuff like that. So it couldn't be spots. They use helicopters back then, they were flying helicopters all over the place, and as on stash and this the stuff the creeks to my back here and there's a slight open area, probably about to the edge of where it drops off right there, and I see out of my per field is really dark black shadow just zoomed by.
Speaker 2: I mean, no brush noise or anything like that. Just caught my attention.
Speaker 3: I looked over there, and I should also note that I are flashlights that we used. We didn't use really bright flashlights, you know, for obvious reasons, you know. So I had LED headlamps just started coming out. I don't know if you ever bought the first generation LED headlamps. They were blue, bluish purplish colored, and you couldn't see. You couldn't see ten feet on a nice night with those things. It was enough light to work in, but and plus at wavelength too. I mean, it just really messed with your debt perception. You can't see. It drowns out some of the colors and textures of things. So anyways, i'd see this, the shadow move, and it gets my attention, And so I sat there for a couple of minutes listening, and I didn't hear anything, and so I was like, oh, maybe it's and I'll move me through there really quick so much which I mean it would have made a lot of noise if his alk, But that's the explanation I came up with that time. So packed the stuff up and put my backpack on, clicked on my CRAPPYRII headlamp, and went down to started heading down to Terry. And about the time I started coming off that first plot to come down towards where Terry was, I started hearing brush breaking. It started about one hundred and fifty feet above me on the hillside, right where that that shadow, that dark figure had ran to. And I would start walking and it would start walking, and I mean at first it was pacing. I was going at the same speed I was going by, I mean, in the thick brush moving so you hear yeah, I mean just just like walking through thick brush, snapping, crackling. It wasn't rushing at that point, and I would stop and it would stop. As I got closer to Terry down on the lower plot, it started picking up. Every time it started moving, it started getting faster and faster, and so this thing started pretty much running to me and when I would stop, a couple seconds later it would stop, but every time it would get closer, and I got that feeling again. I'm like, oh, man, Harry, are middle of the night. A couple three inch three and a half inch pocket knives, you know. And I make it down Terry. I'm like, hey, I just want to let you know. When I was up there top plot, I don't know if there's a bear or nolk. I saw something move up there and it was moving down the hill with me when I was going, and Terry hadn't heard it at that point, and he's like, well, okay, And I'm like, let's grab our stuff and let's take the shortcut. Let's just go straight down the steepest parts and let's just get onto the road and get back to the car. So we as soon as we started walking through that bottom plot, this thing started running and Terry looks at me and he says, what the hell is that. I'm like, that's what I was talking about. I'm like, it'll be fine. I'm like, do not freak out and run. I'm like, if it's a bear or a cougar, I'm like, it will chase you if you run. I'm like, it'll be fine. I've dealt with animals in the woods before and I've never had an issue. I'm like, you just need to be cool about it. And so we start moving down again, and this scene starts running and every time, I mean, it sounds like a truck driving down this hill, just snapping breaking up trees. Like trees that were in there were twenty year old, fifteen year old reefrod. So they're all about this big round about six to eight inches, you know at the base and Douglas fir they grow in pretty thick, and these things are thick in there, you know, so you can't see more usually, especially once you get off these plots, you can't see more than five or six feet in front of it. Before you have a tree and branches and you can see the gaps in between there. We start making it off this edge and this scene starts coming and now it's within seventy five feetish of us, and we start and stop multiple times, and I told Terry, I'm like, take your knife out, and he takes out this little pocketknife. I'm in front when I pull my pocket knife out, and I'm like, I told Terry, I'm like if this animal comes down and starts attacking, I'm like, you stab it until it stops attacking, and I'll make sure I do the same for you. And Terry look quite nervous. I'm like, but do not run. And Terry's okay, you know. And so we stop and listen. We don't hear anything. We start walking, and again this scene starts coming, and now it's coming. It's just coming with a vengeance. And we stop, and this time it doesn't stop.
Speaker 2: And it's just coming. We're sitting there looking up the hill.
Speaker 3: I mean, time seems to slow down in those moments, and it's just coming towards you. And you think about all these movies you watch and everything about these animals coming.
Speaker 2: And grabbing me.
Speaker 3: You have nowhere to go, nowhere to run. You can't move over this train. And the only thing to do is stand there and just prepare. And so I'm down and the ready when this scene's coming, and it's coming, and my heart rate's sitting there pumping. But it's a chilly night, so as I'm exhaling, my breath is it's a nice still night too. My breath is just coming up, wrapping over my headlamps. I'm exhaling to the side so I can and get the conversation from my breath out of my field of view. And this thing is just running straight at us, and I'm sure we're about to get attacked by whatever it is, you know, And so I'm down ready. It's brush snap and breaking closer. Stops about ten feet in front of me, directly in front of me, and so I'm sitting there looking straight ahead, kind of slightly hunched down, kind of in that batter's position, you know, ready to go, and this thing stops and the noise stops, and looking through the trees with this crappy headlamp in between the Douglas fir branches, there's gaps and I can see this blackish fur and it's got a little bit of a shine to it, and I'm looking and as I move my head lamp up, I see these splotches of her. And I get to about eight feet where I'm looking up about eight feet tall, just ten feet in front of me, and I can see black fur still, and I can see these lighter pass and I think I was looking at his chest. So I sat there with my knife ready. My buddy Terry had his hand on my shoulder behind me and just waiting for the scene to come the rest of the way and confront us. And we sat there for probably six or seven seconds, just staring at it, and all of a sudden, I hear it shuffle and it turned, and when it turned, I saw this light flash come through and I think what I saw was it's palm, and it was about the size of a baseball mint, like adults baseball mint. It's just this flash that went through this crapy. My eye was really cussing that headlamp. All I wanted to do was see. You just want to You can't run, and you want to be able to see. And this thing turned and you can hear it on two legs taking these huge steps going down this really steep slope, and I mean it disappeared out of earshot within five seconds, just disappeared. And we sat there for another minute, and I told Terry, I'm like, let's head back to the truck, you know, And so we hiked out of there, headed back to the truck. And anyways, we ended up going back the next week and finished up our plants and stuff, and you know, I mean, I didn't know what to think of it, and I really never We chatted about a little bit on the way back to town, but I just didn't know what to think about it, and really didn't have a firm place to put this experience, you know, And so time goes by and it just was one of those odd experiences. And then, like I said, once that show came on TV Finding Bigfoot and stuff, I'm like, yeah, I was a big foot stand in front of me.
Speaker 2: I saw a bigfoot. And years later, actually a few years later, Terry.
Speaker 3: Now lives in Idaho, and I went to buy that camper over there because I had a really good deal during the pandemic, and so we drove over to Boise and I hadn't seen Terry and seven or eight, and I'll probably even longer that, maybe ten years, And so we meet up with them in town while I'm waiting for the paperworking done on the camp trailer, and it was on my mind because I now I knew i'd have put all this stuff together, and I had a pretty good idea about what was going on to us out there. And I talked to Harry about him, like, hey, you remember that like grow we did out in Lane County Line he's oh, yeah. I asked, Terry, you remember that thing that chased us down the hill. He'sa, oh yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what did you see?
Speaker 3: Because I never asked Terry what he saw when he says I didn't see anything. I was behind you, when nice hunch, I'm like, you didn't see the things standing right in front of us? And Terry's like, I didn't see it. I was actually a little disappointed. I'm like, man, and maybe it's a good thing you didn't see it, because I'm Terry was pretty spooped and walking back on that road, I mean, you know, I mean I heard it run off and that uneasiness just left on just back in the woods again.
Speaker 2: And but yeah, it was incredible.
Speaker 3: And I don't know the whole door slamming thing and stuff like that, like how they make the noise, but it's so distinctive and I heard I've heard that many times before in places where you wouldn't expect to hear it. And I don't know if it's them smacking their chest and making a big exhale, but it's pretty incredible.
Speaker 2: Sounded mimicry.
Speaker 3: I think the things mimic the sounds that they hear, and I don't know why they do it. It seemed territorial obviously, because I mean, this run is out there, But why waited all summer with having these those noises around us all summer?
Speaker 2: I don't know. But made it out of.
Speaker 3: There unscathed with another experience, and so where am I at here?
Speaker 2: So I'm okay. So the next year I kept on backpacking, and that was last year. I grew. It's just it was just too much work and I get busier with my career. I'm a mechanic, big for society.
Speaker 1: Who will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: I've been a mechanic for twenty five years, and it's just the whole growing thing, especially once it turned legal, Like I just didn't want any part of it. It was fun to you as a kid. It wasn't a commercial venture. It was just kids being kids. But anyways, backpacking was my true passion and that kind of took away from backpack So me and my wife was she and my girlfriend. Then we found the spot and South Sister or Three Sisters Wilderness. This is on the western slopes of the mountains there and the Lama National Forest. Probably thirty five miles forty miles as crowde fly from here. Just an absolutely gorgeous area in my opinion, being around the state and backpack in the whole state, it's some of the prettiest hiking you can find. An Organ and Linton Meadows in particular, it's this meadow system that comes off the PCT, runs on the top side of it, and this meadow system drops for miles and miles below. So you get these terraced lava flows that have huge meadows, two hundred acre meadows, and they open up to South Sister, this huge volcanic mountain that's got glaciers on it, and South Sister has a lot of red rock and it's just absolutely stunning. We actually end up getting married out there. That's where my wife we did a wilderness wedding. You know, I got my brother ordained and hiked in my inlaws again only takes aeve people in the wilderness. And I was starting to get into guiding at this point in time, so I was running some nonprofits as a as a guide and taking a bunch of people out and so I had tons of year for backpacking, and me and my wife decided we didn't want to we didn't want a church wedding, but anyways, we chose a spot because it's so pretty and it's off the beaten path. A lot of people might day trip it if they're out there backpacking, but it's thirteen miles to the nearest trail head is hard hiking. So Aileen Lake was our main destination.
Speaker 2: So we go in.
Speaker 3: It's about twenty ten and we always liked later season hikes, so it was September, maybe a couple weeks into September, and we picked that because one of the crowds are less and the bugs lead. The mosquitos can be horrendous out there all the way through August, and it's such a pretty spot. It sucks if you got to spend your time under mosquito netting. And so we hike in just me and my wife and spend all day hiking.
Speaker 2: Is a hard hike.
Speaker 3: I mean, my packs were heavier than they should have been. I was probably carrying seventy pounds. My wife is probably carrying fifty five or sixty.
Speaker 2: She's a trooper.
Speaker 3: She could put miles on and never complains about it. And she I introduced her to backpacking, so she cut her teeth with it with me, and it was just it was such a great experience. So we hike in to Lint Meadows and it takes us all day to get into there. By the time we get into Linton Meadows, super dry year, we were running low in water. We had been out of water for the last few miles, and I knew there were springs down there and Lint Meadows, So our plan was to just get into where the meadows start and post up camp, find some water, and then the next morning hike the rest of the mile and a half two Island Lake, which is our destination. We were gonna spend about a week and a half out there. So we drop into the meadow and the sun's got about an hour and a half worth left a light on it. But it gets start quick up there because everything's so up and down and we're in this valley. You can be a couple hours away from sunset and be in complete shade and darkness.
Speaker 2: So we set up our We come.
Speaker 3: Into this meadow and it's one of the larger meadows that are up there, and you get out of the trees and all of a sudden, the views open up and there's a mountain I mean lit up by the setting sun alpine glow, and it's just you know you're gonna spend We can half up there and we have nothing to do, and it's the best feeling.
Speaker 2: And we're tired, we're thirsty.
Speaker 3: We find a little spring that's trickling right by the trail as we enter the meadow, so we set our tent up right where this meadow starts to open up, and there's these little tree peninsulas that open up into the meadal, so you get these little kind of jets of trees that come out in between the meadow. So we camped about fifty feet away from the edge of this tree line, right where you come into the meadow where you first start to get to the meadows, set our tent up, got water, feed the dogs they're dehydrated dog, backpack packing food, and made our dinner and we're sitting in our camp chairs, shoes off, just enjoying it.
Speaker 2: And we're looking.
Speaker 3: Across the metal on the other side, and metal runs up this really steep hillside, and as we're eating our dinner, this whole herd of deer. I've never seen so many blacktail deer out there, but this whole herd of probably twelve deer just explode out of the woods through the past the trail that we came in on, probably one hundred feet away from us, and they are running full board and they run straight up this hillside. I mean you'd have to use you know, you'd have to use all fours to climb up that that mountain side.
Speaker 2: I mean it's steep. You can just see this.
Speaker 3: They are just running and I told my wife, I'm like, oh, something's chasing those things. Mountains and mountain lions and bears are really common up there, and so I'm like, well, probably cat chasing them. And so we just sat there and watched them run, and we're like, oh, that's cool, like really cool, and we.
Speaker 2: Finish our meal.
Speaker 3: Our dogs were done. Who make them carry their gear? And humans can walk way farther than dogs. You thirteen mile a day for a dog. In that heat, it was really hot. They were ready for bed, So open up the tent, they go in, they go to sleep. We finished cleaning up camp and we get in our tent and we didn't see anyone hiking in there.
Speaker 2: We didn't see anyone.
Speaker 3: In the last probably eight miles, so there's no one in the meadow system. There's no sign of people in there, no noise. It gets dark, starts getting dark, and we're laying in the tent and we hear what sounds like, I want split in firewood just as dry.
Speaker 2: As firewood crack. It was so loud, echoing off these huge metal walls and its meadows probably three quarters a mile across. You just hear it echoing.
Speaker 3: And I knew that there's another camping area about about a quarter mile up the trail, on this other tree, this tree island that's in the middle of the meadow system. There's really pretty spot to camp, so I assume people were camping there. And this wood splitting went on for forty.
Speaker 2: Five minutes or more. You know, loud, I mean just loud. Eyes remarking to my wife, Man, I'm like, it almost sounds like gunshots. It's so loud.
Speaker 3: And it started getting closer to us, to the point to where the sounds of this what we thought was would be being split was one hundred feet into the trees that we are now camped next to, Like there are people camped in there, so we hear that wood splitting crack right in there. And it was odd, and I'm like, man, we didn't see anyone in there, and we're right right next to where this happening. Now, I'm like, it doesn't really make much sense that they're moving splitting firewood. But we chalked it up to people being out there camping, and the wood splitting stopped after about forty five minutes, not noise anyways, and then we started hearing the sound of the thump on that ground up there, being volcanic and made with a lot of pumuses, a lot of air pockets in the ground, and when you run on that stuff, you get you can hear the foot footsteps, even humans walking on and people walking on it. But it wasn't footprints or footsteps. It was rocks being thrown towards our tent, big rocks, football size, soft all sized rocks.
Speaker 2: Boom boom boom.
Speaker 3: And these rocks got closer and closer, I mean to the point to where they were hitting five feet away from our tent. And I told my wife, I'm like, you know what, I'm like, these are drunk out here camping. I'm like, we come out here to get away from people, and here we are we end up setting up right next to someone. I'm like, you know, if this continues, I'm I'm gonna go out there and talk to him. My wife's, oh, don't go out there and get in a fist fight. And middle of the forest, I'm like, there's plenty room for these people to go camping.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: They are camp right next to us and being drunks thrown rocks at her tent. So this continues, and it gets closer to the tent and I'm like, I'm gonna go out there and talk to him. So I started getting up and my wife's just leave it me. Well, I'm like, if they hit her tent, I'm going out there. And so we listen to this rock throw and go on for thirty to forty five minutes. You know, it's well dark now, and the rock throwing stops, and a few minutes later we hear three or four things standing maybe twenty five feet away from her tent, in between our tent and the tree line. You can hear them talking, but it's not a discernible language.
Speaker 2: It's super low.
Speaker 3: And the best way I heard it described is if someone was talking in a really deep voice and you played it backwards, you catch sections of it, and then it is so low and frequency like parts of it would drop out from what you can hear, and then you pick it back up and you'd hear these things chattering back and forth right outside our tent. And it probably only lasted a couple of minutes, and then it was quiet the.
Speaker 2: Rest of the night.
Speaker 3: In the morning, we woke up early, so we wanted to get up get the Island Lake. So we were up and out of the tent by six and I decided to hike into that tree area where where the people were. I thought people were camping, and there's no campsite in there. There's no sign that anyone was ever camping in there. But around our tent were quite a few large rocks that weren't there. In the morning, you could see where they had hit on the pumissey ground and skidded, and like I said, it was I just assumed it was people, but there was no people there. And so we packed up a tent and hiked up the Island Lake and spent our week or so time up there and join us up. Never had anything else happen up at Lint Meadows that whole trip. Our first trip into Linton Meadows. By the way, we hiked from the Cascade Lakes highwayside of it, so it was a sixteen or seventeen mile hike. I ended up taking a wrong turn and ended up adding a couple miles to it, and our first hike in there just the only other thing I've had happened our first time up there, we went to Husband Lake, made it in there. We were whooped, The dogs were whooped, and they are laying down in the shade every time we stopped. So it is time to stop. Our goal is to get Island Lake. When that was our first time up there, we camp on this huge out rock outcropping that overlooks this lake, and as after we set up the tent, this five point black tailed deer just comes out of the bushes and it's within ten feet of our tent. And I have my two dogs there and they're not grounding or barking, they're watching this year. It's just clopping around. It was so close I could have reached out and touched this animal. And it made me a little uneasy about the health of this animal. It's getting later in the year too, so I possibly could have been rut and so I told my wife and I just don't mess with it, and it'll goa hung around our tent well into the evening to the point to where the sun had dropped down. In fact, actually I was laying in there and it was sniffing the tent and it ended up laying down right outside of our tent, feed away from us, laying down. And I never put two and two together, but I think what it was that deer had been being chased and it was around us for safety, And that's my speculation on it. Anyways, really odd. Yeah, you could have gotten that thing with a slingshot. Boy, I would have been a hunter streamed. He was a nice looking buck. It was a beautiful buck. But yeah, So that was my experiences in Litton Meadows there and I spent a lot of time in that area, a lot of time in that area. In fact, actually years later me and my buddy that I ended up starting the back hiking Guide service with we bush whacked eight miles from Linton Meadows. No trail route to get to or Linton Lake to get to the meadow section.
Speaker 2: And it's super rugged.
Speaker 3: I mean you're going up steep hillsides that are just covered in eight to ten foot rhododendron. And I remember on my hike up there that I ended up coming across tree structures in there and just in the middle of absolutely nowhere where no one hikes, you know. I mean you might get a hiker through there once every ten years, you know, someone like us. I was really pushing what they wanted to do, a miserable hike up beautiful though multiple tree structures up in their big trees piled up on each other. I always side it as odd as let's just do an I mean, it wasn't treefall. I mean someone had stacked it, you know, And I just thought it was odd. And but that area up there ended up burning later in a fire around twenty.
Speaker 2: Fifteen or so.
Speaker 3: I think there's a big fire up there, and it burnt through a lot of that stuff up there. And I actually went took my family on a week long backpacking trip up there the following year, or maybe it's two years after that fired burn. Actually, my neighbor has a little airplane, so actually traded off some work with him and he took me on a flight so I could do reconnaisance to make sure it wasn't we weren't just gonna be hiking through a complete burn for a week. And it's a beautiful area. But yeah, I took my family up there and they really enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Half of them.
Speaker 3: I had already been up there for my wedding that we did up with those lakes and yep, never had anything else that happened up there.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 3: Twenty eleven Dine Peak Wilderness. So that's just east of us you out Hills Creek, and I don't know where you've been around here, but I wouldn't be surprised if you went out that direction because that's a great direction to go. But east of Eugene or east of Oakridge you run into Dime Peak Wilderness.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. It's a big mountain you can see when you're driving up the highway. Oh okay, I got it.
Speaker 3: Yep, Snowpeak Captain everything, and there's a beautiful loop in there, and I really like love backpacking in that area, and so we were It is my first time doing the Wilderness Loop and it's about a thirty mile loop and we like take about a week to do them. And so my wife, me and my buddy Ryan from Pendleton that I went to school with. We start out from Trapper Creek trailhead, which is by Chilter Co Resort there on Oda Lake, and our second night we end up at Marie Lake. Well, we me and my wife had just bought a brand new Arii backpack intent I mean it was the big Agnes sl It was a six hundred dollars tent, really nice piece of gear and only weighed two and a half pounds. It was so nice to really get her pack weight trimmed down, you know, so we could do these bigger trips and not die doing them. And so we set up at Marie Lake and there's one camp spot that's at the front side of the lake. There there's another one you got a bushback to on the other side, but there's no one in the first so we took it. No people around or anything like that. We set up on the grassy area in between the campsite that was in the woods about a hundred fet from the side of the lake. We were about fifty feet closer to the lake than the grassy area that leads right to the lake's edge. And we did our thing, went to sleep. I had my two dogs with me, yuey Nori. And we wake up in the morning and my wife's side of the tent, it's got a full rain fly on it. It's a heavy dewty tent for backpacking, three and a half plus season tent. It's stout, this ink can take some storms. And we wake up and the rain fly is ripped on her side, with the zippers rip ripped out of the seam on her side.
Speaker 2: The mesh body of the.
Speaker 3: Tent, which is all mesh her zipper side, was ripped open, destroyed the zipper, and there is urine on top of this tent and it's about probably close to five and a half feet tall. The peak of the town just about tons of the stinky urine on it. And I was pretty pissed off. I'm a brand new tent just got ripped up and shredded. And I don't know why I did wake up. My dogs didn't alert us, my wife didn't alert us, and she was on that side of ten. I was actually just talking to her about this the other night. I'm like, and we just didn't know what to think about what happened with the tent, so we taped it back together to make the trip work. And the funny thing is where it was ripped. Like, as my wife'side, I'm like, yeah, now that now I kN know what was going on. I'm like, you could have had something reaching in over the tent on you. I don't know why we didn't wake up. You know, that's the only weird you know, I'm not much on the wu side of the phenomenon, but that's unexplainable because you're gonna hear that stuff that rips up nylon to be able to rip it, I mean, it's loud if you rip it, it's super loud and man at least for the dogs to alert. So luckily ari I had their return policy. We took it back and got a brand new tent for free.
Speaker 1: Big for society, who will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: So there's no loss on that. So that was a dime peak Wilderness in two thousand. In twenty thirteen we moved up here and bought this property that we're on right now. Moved from Oakridge or from Eugene up to here, and it was so nice to get back out of the city. Spending in a decade plus in Eugene was all the city, all the need for the rest of my life. And so we got up here. I know this area well, and we started. As we were living up here, we explored it like I did Eugene when I first got out here. And now I was living up here, I could just leave out my back door and in fifteen minutes I could be at wilderness wilderness edge, and it was just so much.
Speaker 2: To see and do.
Speaker 3: So we decided to check out Huckleberry Lake, which is just up the road from us. It's about eleven miles from here, probably twelve miles, not very far. It takes about twenty minutes or so to get up there, and it's this little lake that isn't used a lot. So we pull off at this trailhead, really brushy road. So you're driving truck down. Everyone calls a cascade pin striping here. Anyone that's out in the woods up here and drive. You can tell by looking at the truck what they do, because everyone's got the scrape marks from these branches dragging down inside of their vehicle. So we find this trailhead and this lake drops. This lake's in this bowl that sits well below the road, and it's backed up by this big, thousand foot tall cliff that makes Huckleberry Mountain. There's a fire lookout up on top of it, which you can't see from the lake, but I had my boys were probably about two years old at the time, so we had them in backpack carriers. Abby was three and a half or four, and I usually open carry. When I started hiking with my kids, I started just bringing a gun just in case I'm not scared or worried about it, and it just fell out. It was a smart move to make, especially where we went and the stuff we did. And so we hiked down to this lake and come up to it and it's really brushy. There's just a big enough spot to get out of the brush to see the lake when you first come down to it, and there's this really faint fisherman's trail that goes around the east side of the lake and it takes you through this rhododendron thicket seven eight foot tall rohdodendron thicket, and you're stepping over logs and you get to the outlet creek and you got to walk a log to get over the creek to this semi established camp spot that's at the end of the lake, and it's up in these bigger trees the rhododendron there, so it was a spot to put a tent. We hung out there and had lunch, the kids splashed around in the lake. We spent probably an hour there and I started getting that uneasy feeling again. And my wife, I know, she was packing up stuff. I'm like, are you ready to get out of here?
Speaker 2: And she said yep.
Speaker 3: So we put the boys back in the back cock carriers. I had one and my wife had the other boy on her back, and my wife led the way out on so I had Abby in front of me. And as we're walking we crossed that outlook creek and we get back into the really thick rhododendron. That feeling that I got, like when I was scouting some of those gross sites over there, it came back on. It just hit instantly. It was like, oh man, I just want out of here. I just want to get back to the truck and get out of here. And it was so strong on that trip that I Abby was about about twenty thirty feet in front of me.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 3: I told her to come back towards me and actually unholstered my gun and took it off safe and just kept it out the ready on the side and just waiting to see it. My wife wasn't eyesight, and we walked through there. Just a horrible feeling, absolutely horrible feeling. I don't know if you've ever experienced that. It's yeah, you know, it's just and you're in it too. When you're out there, you can't You're not going to run from it, so you just deal with it and slowly move on.
Speaker 2: But boy, is it uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: My hair was up on the back of my neck and I'm just sitting there there waiting for something to come out. I'd stop every every minute or so and just listen. I never heard anything, but the feeling got stronger, ass the thicker, the deeper. We made into tho rhodendrons, and we made it back to where the trail dropped into the lake, and then you switch back up this ridge back to the road and we get up there, load the kids up, load the backpacks up. And I asked my wife, I'm like, what did you think of that lake? You you probably go backpack in there's right out our back door. And my wife says, I never want to go back down there again. She said, I got the worst feeling coming out of there, and that's when I told her that I experienced the same thing. I'm like, yeah, I actually unholstered my gun, I had all fun safe and called Abby back to me because it just felt so imminent, so eminent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: I actually years later, actually he's the idea of going down there with my buddy, which you met down there, because he's had his experiences, and he's actually so frightened by his experiences that he hasn't really gone camping since then. And I never stopped camping. And the more I know about this, a little bit more apprehensive I am about putting myselves in these vulnerable situations. But we were actually going to go up there and camp at that lake, just me and him, just to understand this a little bit more. I've had so many encounters with this, and now that I'm starting to wake up to what was going on, I wanted with some clarity to experience this and get some more answers. And we end up having a massive fire Cedar Creek fire burnt through that year we were going to go up there. I mean that couple weeks later was when we were planning on camping, and the Cedar Creek fire burnt through in twenty twenty one and it just cooked all that area of Huckleberry burnt and the lake around it burnt. I haven't been up there since they they've had the road closed off. I think it's back open now, but I wouldn't imagine it would be the same kind of place to go to, plus camping under burnt out trees that have been there for a couple years, isn't the best to say to make Yeah, it's right out our back door, and the same right out my back door. My property backs up to National Forest. There's private lots around us, but we're this little tongue of houses that are spread out all on big plots of land like what we have. You know, I probably have one of the smaller chunks of land out here at fourteen acres. You know, almost everyone else has, you know, sixty two hundred acres. But outside of that, it's just National Force. And when I first moved up here, the logging that you saw coming up the road that hadn't happened, So it was a continuous thick stretch of nice eighty two hundred year old trees that are grown up here. I mean you're just driving the trees the whole way. So I worked in Eugene at the time, and I always did side jobs. So I take customer side jobs in on chainsaws, generators or whatever, just to make some money on the side. And when I get home, I would go out to the shop up there, the Red Shop, and I would work on these things. And sometimes I'd be out there till midnight or later. And as I'm working out there, I had this happen. Eight or nine times. I'd be out there working middle the night and something would come and hit the side of that shop so hard. I mean it shook that whole the whole shop. I mean the whole shop would shake hard enough to wear. It's a two two story bar, and essentially, you know, hard enough to wear. Dust would fall through the slats from the upper story. Adia you know, I thought it was an animal upstairs a couple times, so I went up there with a pride bar, waiting to clever a raccoon or something. But there was never anything up there. And now I realize it was probably being harassed and.
Speaker 2: Chased by these things.
Speaker 3: But I got that feeling a couple of times up there when I shut it down and walk back to the house late at night, I got that same kind of creepy feeling that I get it that I've had at Huckleberry Lake and other times, and once the logging kicked in there the last six years or so, a lot of that seemed to have gone away. But of course I don't spend late nights out there doing anymore. You know, I run my business from my property now, so I mean I'm already doing forty fifty hour weeks out there, so I'm not out there at eleven o'clock or twelve o'clock a night anymore. But really interesting stuff, And at that point in time, I was pretty well aware about what was going on and felt pretty lucky to have the stuff so close for a guy that's looking for some answers and clarity on it, so I don't have to go two hours away to find the answers for the stuff that's happened to me. And recently here in December of last year, I went up to kitsen Or, a CT beach area, and explored with the kids. And there's a little bridge that goes across one of the arms of the reservoirs in the winter time, they drank the reservoirs for flood control, and so what would normally be underwater is just back down to mud banks and the river that used to feed the reservoir body. And I took the kids there after Christmas. It was a few days after Christmas, so December twenty eighth, twenty ninth, and it was a stormy, snowy day, but I wanted to get out and do some exploring. So we went down there and hiked down to the river, parked on top of the no cars, no people around us, And while we're down there, we got almost sounded like gunshots, these sharp cracks ringing out through the woods, and I almost assumed that someone was up there shooting. So the kids came running over to me, and we're down lower elevation from of the noise is happening, and I'm like that there might be someone over there, maybe shooting their pistol or something like that, you know, So we end up hiking out of there.
Speaker 2: I hiked across the bridge.
Speaker 3: I was going to go talk to these people about, you know, making sure that they were shooting a safe direction and stuff like that. And so we get over there and there's no cars on the other side of the bridge, and the only road going in there is a really narrow paved road. There's no other roads above it. And it wasn't thinking about it. It wasn't someone up there shooting their gun, because people are out there shooting their pistols. It didn't sound like high powered rifle. It's definitely a pistol. It sounded more like a pistol. And when people are shooting their pistols still.
Speaker 2: Go bang, you know what I mean. This is just like crack crack.
Speaker 3: And then to change directions where it's coming from in another portion of the wood. But we loaded up in the truck and we went a little further down the road in this place called Kits and Hot Springs. It's administrated and owned by BSA. Now it's a little chunk of private lamb that's nestled in the National forest there. They used to have old Hot Springs house there. I don't know if you made your way up there, but oh man, it's super cool, super cool. This was right after the ct Beach incident, and so we go in there and I always wanted to explore it. And they have the whole Hot Spring Foundation for the lodge that these have. They're still hot water coming up through there, and really cool area. We hiked across this little bridge and there's these three sided shelters that the boy Scouts used to use for their summer jamboreez and stuff like that. And in the mud on these trails and these roads that ran on the other side of there, there were old footprints, big ones, sixteen seventeen inch footprints. There were small footprints. They were all over the place and there from fresh to ones that utel had been up there for a few weeks, and I know people have had run ends and encounters up there before. And I've never cast at a track, and I would. I'm planning on going back up there later in the year and when things slowed down, and I want to find a good track to at a cast in my collection. So I've had other stuff happened to me. I've had the classic wooden knocks and stuff like that happened. I've never heard screams or yells. I've had buddies that have and the guy that you met one, but I never had other than the murmuring that I heard at Lent Meadows. That's the only audible noise I've ever heard from it. Also, I want to note something too, I never have had the smell never.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, that's really interesting.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: And people talk about it, and I have never when I've had these run ins, I have never smelled that smell that people described. And maybe it was the way the wind was blowing. But for me, in my situations that I ran into, smell wasn't part of it.
Speaker 2: It just wasn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a rundown of what I've experienced that since two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: And like I always tell some of.
Speaker 3: My friends that know my stories that they don't backpack, they're always really curious about it. And I think about how many nights I've spent out camping and the remote spots that I've gone to, and you have to be out there so much ninety nine point nine percent of the time you're not gonna have anything happen. It's that point one percent of the time that this stuff happens, and it's a it's such an odd ball event that you don't really think much of it. People are always like, oh, why don't you go out there and just see what it is? You have to be in the situation. To understand it, you really have to be in there, and it's just so close to what humans would sound like that that's why I think it gets rid off more than not as people just thinking they're hearing other people out there, and maybe more people would be surprised that may not always be the case.
Speaker 1: Kevin, thank you so much for sharing your years of things that have happened all over the state, which just is incredible. Do you have a few minutes if I could ask you a few questions? Okay, And the Diamond Peak Wilderness incident. We had discussed that at the booth, but it's really interesting to hear more details about it. There was actually a lot of urine that was gathered at the top of the tent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because when the fly got when the fly got torn as a full coverage rain fly that goes over the main body of the tent as most modern backpack intents look like this and has this hubsystem where the poles cross over on top, so clay creates a flatter spot on top.
Speaker 2: If the fly is not.
Speaker 3: Zipped up, it loses that, so you get a little low spot like kind of forms in the top when it's un zipped. Yeah, and there was that yellowish urine that was up on the top side of it.
Speaker 1: That's what I was going to ask if you remembered any details. And being in a wilderness individual, you've probably are aware of what kind of urine from different creatures in the forest looks like. And so this was you said, a yellowish color, yellowish, it is urine.
Speaker 3: I'm the only animal I know around here that would could could possibly deposit something like that up there would be would be male cougars, you know, and they spray. They can spray pretty far. They can put their markings five feet up on a tree and stuff then back up to it and pretty gross future and stuff.
Speaker 1: Big for society. Who will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: But this wasn't katgurn smelled like someone's been eating too much of sparagus and drank a bunch of beer the night before, you know. But yeah, it was pooled in the rain plot that was down on the ground. But it's on the side that was ripped out. When I tease my wife about that, like you're there are sleeping and imagine you might have this big hand reaching I couldn't imagine that it wouldn't have reached into the tent. I'm like, pretty incredible, and I've always intererstained the idea of taking a game camera with me when I'm going out back back and now, but I just I don't know if they can detect it. I don't speculate too much on that, but the fact that there's just very few game camera pictures that are get to be credible enough to even want to talk about, I think it would lessen your chances of experiencing anything.
Speaker 1: We had discussed Spirit Lake at the booth right. That's come up with a few individuals, And I've talked to people before I got here about a lot of different encounters that have happened in that area. Were you the individual that had talked about the sticks in Spirit Lake? Have you heard about that?
Speaker 3: I've heard people have had strange run ends up there. I mean, here's the namesake of the lake, Spirit Lake, Devil's Canyon. All these places I guess condessate from the schnook jargon of the Indians that around here. But no, I've camped up there quite a bit, very remote. That part's all.
Speaker 2: Burnt up in the Cedar Creek. Now, that's all a big burn scarf there. No, I never I've camped up there plenty.
Speaker 3: I haven't had any run ends up there, but I will say the times that I've camped up there, it's been with my group of backpacking buddies. We all drag our campers up. They have kids that are my age and they'll be eighteen of us up there and going in big groups and backpacking with big groups. There's just too much noise, in my opinion, but only happens when you're being quiet, and I think smaller groups maybe it's more approachable.
Speaker 2: But I could see it.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's plenty of I've had locals that I have told me about stuff that's gone on up there, you know, And I know that area carries a lot of that kind of those kind of stories.
Speaker 1: And the specific thing I want to make sure that I remember to put on recording is I had multiple hunters say that they've been there in around dusk or night time, all the sticks that are in the lake will go to the center of the lake form a circle and then start rotating in a circular fashion, which magnetic field or just tie strangeness. It's it seems like a really interesting area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely. I've hiked into Spirit Lake once.
Speaker 3: It was actually right before the summer, before Cedar Creek burnt it up there, and I just wanted to.
Speaker 2: Check it out. And it's beautiful lake. The hike going in there and it's absolutely was absolutely gorgeous, huge trees.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we got up there and there's a big meadow on one end of it, and I didn't see anything unusual. It is a beautiful lake, though, absolutely beautiful. I didn't I've been around a lot of these mountain lakes and I don't. I can't say I've ever seen any weird anomalies with sticks floating around and swirling in the middle of a lake. But in come evening time, you get these inflows and outflows of air that move through these valley systems, you know, So during the daytime, as the lowlands heat, the wind moves up valley and as it cools, that colder sinks back down. And Spirit Lake's kind of in this bowl. And so I mean, if you ever watch the win come in on these lakes, you can actually almost see that, you can actually see the ripples on the lakes. It actually hits the lake from straight up on top and billows out and around. If I saw something like that, I would probably attribute it more to that. I'm not saying that these guys didn't experience something that strange.
Speaker 1: Kevin, this has been an incredible interview, and thank you for your hospitality for allowing me to come out to your beautiful home area. The woods are literally just on the side of your yard and it's like everything is right here. And thank you so much for your hospitality.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no problem. Is a pleasure meeting you all the way from Iowa too. So what do you think you think you come back to Pacific Northwest for more bigfoot adventures.
Speaker 1: I think it is definitely just beginning, and I don't think this is the last time that I will be in Oakridge for sure.
Speaker 2: I might have a couple questions for you on this side.
Speaker 3: You being from Iowa, we talked about your experiences that you experienced in your neck of the woods over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how does it rate for your.
Speaker 3: Iowan big footed experiences compared to what you've experienced in the last few days here in this area.
Speaker 1: What I experienced just outside of Oakridge has blown everything that I've ever experienced out of the water, because we experienced things like growl, slash, green vocalizations. Right next to the meadow we were at, I found a track by where a visual had been seen just a day before. And then we wrap up there and he was able to really analyze the area for about forty five minutes to an hour and he found a solid set of tracks and these are like splayed you have. The tracks were like really spread out like that. Like I actually saw that in real life and I was like, oh, this these can be legit. Usually those tracks look like they're faked, but like it was there. I saw it. They were not casted the way that it was. What it was stepping over would have made it extremely hard to be casted. But there's no doubt there was. Did I tell you about the apple the fruit? Okay, so yeah, the apple and the orange and banana that was left from the group the day before and that we went back and the apple was left there uneaten and the orange was on the ground uneaten, but the banana was on the ground and peeled and eaten and just things like they've never experienced stuff like that in Iowa. I have had some things happen, but like it is a totally different world out here, and you do have to be really careful. You go out there and there's no cell service, there's huge predators. You get a flat or your car blows up, you have to hike back to town at least twenty miles, and there's not many chances out here for sure. But it is beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yep. They lots of people.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, the sneaky thing about this area is the access is so so good. There's so many points of access, and they can take you so far out into the wilderness. A lot of people don't realize how far out there they really are. You have these roads that go forty fifty miles sixty miles into these wilderness areas, and your cell phone coverage drops as soon as you get off fifty eight. You know, anywhere off fifty eight were out here, it's dropped. And that's just kind of part of this area. But yeah, that's the way I've always looked at it is I think it should be approached with caution. When I'm not much on the Bigfoot Woo side of things, I've looked a little bit into it, and from my experiences it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't line up.
Speaker 3: I think it's some kind of biological, physical animal. It seems that's the most logical starting point. I don't know if you have any opinions on what you think it is from a physical standpoint.
Speaker 1: Relic commented after experiencing something that could peel a banana and eat it, it's definitely a physical creature. I think, physical creature that can do stuff that science has no idea how to explain it. So some people say that's a cop out, but I think that it's not too bad of an explanation. That's what I'm thinking right now.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's been my take on it. So my word of caution is kind of Bigfoot's been mainstream for quite a while and a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Out there looking for it.
Speaker 3: My experience and run ins with these things, last thing I would do is go out there and start hooting and hollering and banging your chest. I think one as little as we know about these things, and as intelligent as a I presume they are, I think caution should be used, especially with small kids and being a father of three and camping in remote spots, and we still back back quite a bit. I think it's really important to keep an eye on this stuff and realize that this isn't a zoo, You're in a super rugged wild area. If it isn't animals you have to deal with. I mean, it's other natural phenomenon like these wildfires. That we're surrounded by wildfires, and that's been the norm for quite a while up here. And I'm not on the I don't s sscribe to the idea that these things want to be friendly and want to be seen. I obviously if they want to do harm, they have their chances with me, and they could have. But the fact matter is it's a really thin line from what I experienced to actually having physical altercations with them. And I think if you do it enough, I think you're going to come across it. Like even Ronnie and Dwayne, those guys, they've been dealing they've been experiencing this for decades, and you see all uncomfortable they can get in those experiences.
Speaker 2: That should show you.
Speaker 3: So the people that are out there that think that these things want to sit down and enjoy their campfire with them, I think they need to understand that these are wild animals. We know very little about them, and they're unpredictable.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Kevin, thank you so much again for your invitation to come out to your property and hopefully I'll be able to continue conversation in the future.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, Thanks thanks for taking time out to interview me. This is the first time I've made any officials on it.
Speaker 2: So look forward to.
Speaker 3: Some of your podcasts coming from this area, especially you know your earlier or late last week stuff. I think that'd be really interesting. I don't know how much you're going to put out there.
Speaker 1: The following audio shares what happened immediately after this interview in Oakridge. We're in a bit of an issue. When I went in the woods Thursday, I thought I got horse fly boats, but I thought I got horsefly bites. They've escalated into what the Wilderness Guide says. Wilderness Guide I interviewed this morning for the podcast says I potentially have staff infections in both of my legs. The one small doctor's office in Oakridge has said I need to immediately go out to urgent care in Springfield, Oregon. Supposed to be flying out tomorrow, so Oakridge is going to have to, unfortunately, say goodbye to interviews are not going to happen the or the old This sucks. The old timers are not going to happen unless I come back tonight. But it all depends on what the urgent care says. Yeah, so I made it up to Springfield, Oregon, went into the urgent care per the advice of the Wilderness Guide. Thankfully it was not staph infection. However, they have no idea what's going on. They say it makes no sense. It looks like something hit a log across my two legs. They say, there's bruising. It looks like blood is leaking out from inside. I have no idea they've did. They did a few, did a full barrage of blood testing, which they'll be sending directly back to my doctor in des Moine. I'm not gonna lie. I'm freaked. I've got a fever, a little bit of a fever right now, so heed for me to go on antibiotics right away, even before the blood tests are back, just in case there is some bacterial infection. They're saying some sort of cellulatus, one of the causes of which on the paper can be high energy raised. I'm headed back to Oakridge. I got my two hour interview this morning, but I've fortunately had to cancel a few because of this. This health mishap, but we are headed back to Oakridge, back to the hotel, and then I'll be flying out of Eugene tomorrow and then going directly to my doctor. Okay, I'm going to head back to Oakridge. As of time of recording in late August twenty twenty four, my legs have completely healed. Both doctors in Oregon and Iowa are not quite sure or what caused that issue, but we are in a great spot healthwise right now. No issues. I'll tell you this, next time I got into the woods, I will be wearing appropriate attire such as pants and not shorts. Take care of yourselves out there, guys, and we'll talk to you next time. Please take a minute to help out the show by subscribing on YouTube, making sure you hit the bell so you don't miss any notifications, and share the episode on YouTube with a friend. Also, if you're listening to us on a podcast, thank you so much, make sure that you're subscribed, share the show with a friend. Really, it's all about sharing the show wherever you can. If you've had a bigfoot encounter related to the following, or know someone who has, please reach out to me at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com or pass on my email. Here's the list. If you've had any encounters in Oregon, which I'm sure there's probably a few of you out there, please feel free to reach out immediately. You can use email Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com. A special thank you to all the big Foot Society, Patreon and YouTube channel members. It's your support that helps keep the show going and I extremely appreciate it. If you want to join in the fun, you can join over at patreon dot com. Forward slash the big Foot Society. I'll see you there, and again, thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Her and I can get on here. We can tell our stories. Maybe there's somebody else out there listening that's too afraid to tell their story. Maybe this will give.
Speaker 1: Them the courage to come out and now feels so bad about it.
Speaker 2: Who cares what anybody thinks. I know what I saw, I know what's out there. That's all I care about. Please let people know, Please let them know.
Speaker 3: If you ever see one of these things, you need to tell because if you don't, be
Speaker 1: Shame on you, you know, shame on you.