Speaker 1: Pope Leo the fourteenth. Welcome, he's sixty nine, dude, Oh he doesn't want this white smoke.
Speaker 2: Man show sucks.
Speaker 3: Matthew I heard with Epan with I show, You're gonna ruling it you except with similar sweet pursuing it huddled out Shaw shank through the sewer.
Speaker 4: Kid, Now what chilling at day Eagle? Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house?
Speaker 3: Or go status?
Speaker 4: How we'd starting to get crabit shows that enough multiplied like a rabbit due end zone out, crank it up, Pete the habit I'm on, I.
Speaker 2: Hang out with her friend locking it on the radio, My knowing Moyskins talking on the radio.
Speaker 1: It's time to to just walk.
Speaker 2: A baby we go, Kat Dstine.
Speaker 1: All up, Yes, Hello and welcome everybody. Happy Friday.
Speaker 2: It's the world famous Been and Skin Show and I am Ben Rogers, joined by my close personal homie since nineteen eighty two and Richardson Texas Jeff skin Wade, Hell.
Speaker 1: Every long, the pride and joy of only Texas.
Speaker 2: Kevin K. T. Turner, gooday mate and guitarist from Oatmeal Pizza, The wickedly talented Christina cared little baby corn bread. Ray, Hell, you guys, do anything fun this weekend?
Speaker 1: Yard work?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Any yard work that doesn't sound like fun, that's your whole weekend. It's good. It's a big task. And got a big task in front of me, looking forward to it. Gonna attack it on all fours. Oh, that's kind of a weird way to do yard work. We gotta get down and pull the weeds. G get down?
Speaker 2: Are you like, uh that lady in Friday the movie who's out there and like some daisy dukes and enticing some of the people around the neighborhood with your put your hands out there.
Speaker 4: I might do that.
Speaker 2: Actually, hey, Kevin, make sure to pull it by the root. If you just get the top on the that, it's not going to help.
Speaker 1: That's the hard part.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think we might be in snake danger too, so this could be good.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, well you're saying the forecast calls for snakes in your flower bed.
Speaker 1: Well they're moving right now. They're not moving. Really, it's moving day, bro? Yeah, why is moving.
Speaker 5: Day for the snake? Do you ever get your friends fixed?
Speaker 1: Nope? Oh I just don't have one. I talk to the city. No, they've said it's fine if I.
Speaker 2: Don't have one. No, no, I agree with skin. I'd like to reach out to the City of Richardson and just have them audit is problem they do. In fact, if you work for the City of Richardson, calling right now two one four seven eight, Yeah, we'd love to hear from you. We'd like you to give an assessment of Kevin's residence on the air. You have to you have to be from the City of Richardson and you can't be Raphael. Yeah, and if you want to go take a look at it right now, his address is five eighteen Spring Valley. Just swinging by there, might take a look. See what's Is that an actual address?
Speaker 1: It's absolutely an actual address. You named off numbers and then a street that we know exists, but it's.
Speaker 2: Probably four numbers, so I don't know. There might not be a three number five hundred block of Spring Valley. Hey, Google, is there a five hundred block of Spring Valley that is?
Speaker 1: Dude? Absolutely is these poor people? You can find it on Zillo easily. Hopefully they're a velvet taco. Everything you say is findable too now, because like it's how that realtor was going and touching all those women's, those ladies.
Speaker 2: Feet right by the way. You brought up velvet Taco. That's what I had for lunch today. I'm a I love velvet Taco. I want to make this plead out there. If anybody listening to this knows anybody at Velvet Taco, if you work there, I have a friend that works there. Anything any attachment to velvet Taco. We want to endorse Velvet Taco on the show because we are wildly passionate about how freaking good it is. And if that doesn't work out, I want you to take what he said, Christina, bleep out velvet and let's just see what it sounds like.
Speaker 1: Okay, to see any taco joint. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I used to live with him walking distance of one, and I loved it. I got their.
Speaker 6: The Cuban taco they have is kind of like a Cuban sandwich, but in taco form. My favorite favorite, and low t is always good too.
Speaker 1: Now that you've moved, do you still walk to taco places?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Yep, I could, but no, Okay, that's really sad.
Speaker 3: Skin.
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 2: Any big plans? Uh, We're gonna be out in the rock wall area tomorrow, probably swing by Gators. We have a friend whose daughter graduated from college. We're gonna swing by there. And then on Sunday, I am going to go to the Longhorned Ballroom and see Ermanos s Getierre. Okay, that's Saturday at Sunday night, the concert, Sunday night, Mother's Day night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we're all.
Speaker 2: We're also going to go out to the eight one seven and have dinner with or have lunch with Mama at some point on Sunday. You're a good son. You're still You've got plans to go entertain your wife on Sunday. But your mom's also going to get some love over the weekend for Mother's Day. All three of the moms are gonna get some love. My sister Gretchen is poor thing, recovering from rotator cuff surgery. So well she she was, she's been pitching way too many innings. I told her, look, you need to retire like you've got. You've made all the money, you have, all the accolades. Why are you still doing this? And she's like, love of the game, bro, the game bro, love of the game. Brouh and Christina, you're anything else we need to tap into here about what you got cooking?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: I just want anything else you're doing this weekend.
Speaker 5: I'm hanging out with my mom for Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: But right about it, when's Oatmeal Pizza performing again? You're very popular local Nirvana cover band. That you have a chance here to.
Speaker 1: Think is a great question.
Speaker 6: We're playing at Wildflower Fest next Sunday, Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going it's gonna be a big one. You might get a chance to meet Sugar Ray. Oh my god, no, no, no, I'm.
Speaker 5: More excited, isn't it Joe Lewis and the Honeybear.
Speaker 6: So I'm sure Sunday they're playing on the Yeah, maybe not the same stage, but the same day as us Austin.
Speaker 1: Great. Okay.
Speaker 2: On today's show, we've got KT's ongoing investigation into the behavior of millennials.
Speaker 1: Yep, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: We have some stars news on a new segment called No Way. We're doing a star story. We have Tom Cruise coming to Dallas Fort Worth, and we got more shocking Bill Belichick stuff to get into.
Speaker 1: But I do want to say this today. I had to go get some blood drawn, Okay, So I had to do like the doctor's office thing where you stop in super early in the morning, get a fast before you go, and man, it just so happened that this was at It was at one of those labs that was kind of at a hospital, so it's like adjacent to a hospital, so it's like that whole hospital experience.
Speaker 2: It was like on the third floor of a big building. Right, did you put on R scrubs?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Are they?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't, but man, I am reminded, like this is not a fun way to start the show, but it's just real and like anyway, anytime life stops you down and you have to go into a hospital, it is so unbelievably sobering mm hm. And it's I'm just I feel so unbelievably fortunate to not be going through that right now. So my heart goes out to anyone who is like when my I lost both my parents and in separate, you know, many years apart, but you know, all you get a phone call and you're like, hey, Mom's in the hospital, and then you're just at the hospital for like three months, right, and you're in that sterile environment and you're going in and out, and you know you didn't plan on going there that first day, and you know, I just see people going through that, walking into those places, and I'm just so grateful that I'm not in that right now. And I did think about you skin, you know, kicking cancer's ass, and you handled that so well because you just kept you know, coming in and doing the show and whatnot. But that is not fun, and it's just immediately it's an emergency break on your life. You're having fun, you're doing whatever you're doing, Like, oh, now you're going to be at a hospital all the time. I thought you were going to bring up that time I came down off hallucinogenics inside the emergency room and the lights were humming the way they were. Yeah, and I was feeling all that anxiety and I had to go out to the parking lot and listen to a Mary J. Blige record to calm myself down. Not that any of that happened. Yeah, that's totally a fantasy, that's I mean. But I can make up anything a moment. It's just it's it's a it's a messed up deal, but it's we I just think we take for granted being outside of a hospital, right, you know what I mean? Because the minute your life is there. You're shackled there and it's I'm sorry, this is these are the cards you were just dealt.
Speaker 1: You ain't leaving. And I need that perspective.
Speaker 2: So every Friday morning I wander into the fourth and fifth floor of a hospital and just go in rooms and talk to people and just see what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other thing is, while I'm there at this lab, you know, I'm sitting in the waiting room and it's all like self check in style now right, But there's all sorts of people waiting and some people are hunched over like they're seriously ill.
Speaker 1: I'm like, wait, what I mean, I feel like to handle that. We're in a tiny room together right now. Is that really you know, is that blood coming out from you know?
Speaker 2: Or are most people that are going to labs just doing like drug tests and stuff like that, so maybe they're just bored and sleepy.
Speaker 1: I think it's mostly drug tests and STDs. Huh yeah, huh.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well I went today and that you thought, I feel great. I feel great. I was just there to you know, to I guess the annual physicals coming up, and to do a basic blood test and I was like, my wife helped me set it up, and I'm like, just, you know, get me somewhere early in the morning so I don't have to like fast till like two and then go somewhere or something. I was going to say to travel full circle in this segment, there's no better post fasting meal than Velvet Talk. Oh, Velvet Taco so unbelievably good. Somebody help us out, get us a connection at Velvet Taco. It's one of our favorite restaurants on the planet. All right, coming up next, let's get this party started with more shocking Bill Belichick news. Don't go anywhere. This is less than four minutes away and it's a good coming up next, me moves quickie.
Speaker 1: All right, quick one. Here in the news, Pablo Torre is the guy used to work at ESPN. Now he does podcast and stuff Just show with Katie Nolan, and he had some reporting on Bill Belichick and his girlfriend, the twenty four year old Jordan Hudson. Here are two parts. He has two updates. So here's breaking news update one.
Speaker 7: Well, breaking news updates since what has happened publicly since we last gathered number one. Two Sources at the University of North Carolina tell me that there has been a decision was made last week by the higher ups inside the athletic department that had hired Bill Belichick to be the highest paid public employee, not just coach, in the state of North Carolina at ten million dollars a year, and that decision was that Jordan Hudson is no longer allowed in the football building.
Speaker 1: She is not allowed on the football field. Quote. Don't think you'll be hearing much from Jordan moving forward. Okay, it's update one.
Speaker 2: He did say quote, so he's quoting somebody, but he didn't say who he's quoting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's free to text, so Pride or something like that. But he's good obviously journalism background for you know, becoming podcaster guy I like cold Pablo. There is the second part to that report.
Speaker 7: The second update is that Bill Belichick's family, uh oh, is extraordinarily concerned about what is transpired. One Belichick family source told me, quote, there is deep worry for how detrimental Jordan can be for not just North Carolina, but Bill's legacy, reputation, everything he has built and worked for over decades end quote. In fact, the family has been digging into Jordan Hudson as well.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, okay, digging into her background.
Speaker 2: Couple quick, couple quick thoughts. That sounds like an agent or a business manager. But I would also say, if you're digging into someone's background, you probably don't want to blast that out there unless they're trying to send some sort of signal to her to evacuate, right bills kids, right, because if you're if you're because if she is, you think holding your face family member hostage, right, and you think maybe he's lost the ability to, you know, make his own decisions and she is a you know, gonna take his money. Yeah, And if she's and if she's going to ruin everything he built his whole life for, and he's just fallen off mentally, you know, you kind of owe it to him to protect him if he can't protect himself. Yeah, I mean, dude, I had I've had someone digging into Ben's background for years and I never told him.
Speaker 1: I didn't want him to know.
Speaker 2: So why would I have Pablo Torre announce it? And it was dicey to report it because you were with me during the whole time. So you don't just go, hey, man, we're digging into her background. Make sure you go say that on Katie Nolan show.
Speaker 4: But it does.
Speaker 1: It does feel like she's predatory.
Speaker 2: It does feel like she is like he is the victim here, right, She's a man eater and every single thing he's done in his entire career, his legacy is now in jeopardy because now she's steering the ship and she's a third of his age.
Speaker 1: So North Carolina issued a statement saying that she's welcome, basically said she's While she's not an employee at the university, she's welcome to the College Carolina football facilities. Jordan will continue to manage all activities related to coach Belichick's personal brand.
Speaker 2: Do you have the thing on the commercial too? Do you hear this thing about the commercial? So he's shooting a TV commercial, Uh huh? And she shows up on set and she's like, Okay, I know what we're gonna do here. I got an idea. And she disappears from the commercial set. Big time commercial shows back up in a bikini and she goes, all right, I'm going to be at the pool trying to get his attention, but he's not even paying attention to me. And they were like what she goes, Yeah, it'll be great. I'll be in a bikini and he'll be And so they went ahead and shot it. But they said, I don't think the cameras were even rolling. They just wanted to get rid of her.
Speaker 1: Get her out of there.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: No one of her ex boyfriends who was a guy in the sixties has said, Bill Parcells, No, no, no, a guy who's not famous, okay, but he was a guy in the sixties. I was like, she's a great person and everyone who doesn't know her needs to stop slandering her and all that stuff. So well, you know, at that was.
Speaker 2: That was an anonymous sixty year old that wanted everybody to know that he used to have some fun with that exactly.
Speaker 1: Contact TMZ like, I don't know, just put himself smack dab in the on deck circle cause she becomes available. All right, there we go.
Speaker 2: Uh more shocking stuff from the Bill Belichick saga. Coming up next, A global hero, an icon, an absolute badass five foot six actor Tom Cruise is.
Speaker 1: Coming to Dallas sport Worth.
Speaker 2: What does it mean?
Speaker 1: Let's discuss. Wow. Next juicy news hot Gods, I come, stay out the top shove Tommy Cruise, You know him, you love him, little guy Tommy Cruise put a video out on the internet or say, would you guys like to hear it? Please? Hell?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Man.
Speaker 1: Now keep in mind he said he'd been eating twelve eggs a day or something before.
Speaker 8: His everyone on ma I'm coming to the great state of Texas and I'll be visiting Fort Sam, Houston, and San Antonio before stopping by some theaters to see you with some of the first screenings of Mission Impossible the Final Reckoning. Now we're gonna fly to Dallas, where I'm gonna get some delicious barbecue before going to more theaters to say hello.
Speaker 9: And I can't wait.
Speaker 5: We'll see it the movies.
Speaker 1: Wait, he's going to the movies. Where's he going? Then?
Speaker 2: I think it's more generic to say he's going to get some delicious barbecue, and I'd say where he's going, right, he just knows Texas is known for barbecue. I'm gonna look at some cows. But I have heard that he is going to do pop ups at different theaters. Okay, cool, that's cool.
Speaker 1: So he is all about like.
Speaker 2: Let's try to get everyone back to movie theaters. And I love the fact that he was supporting the movie Centers even though he didn't have a vested interest. But it does make sense that he would support Centers because he needs people back in the theaters to go watch his big grand finale of this of this entire series Mission Impossible. But that is I mean you a lot of actors wouldn't hustle that hard, right, Hey, we need you to go to all these different cities, just pop up at all these theaters. They would be like, dude, what I'm not doing that? And do you know why, more than anything is if you look at the types of movies that he makes, they are gigantic budget movies. And if you're going to make a gigantic budget movie, it needs box office. Yeah, those things are not It's not just going to be HBO and Netflix, like the what is the budget on the latest Mission Impossible? Has anybody seen 's see here? And when you look at budget up, it won't even include the marketing budget. It's just gonna be whatever cost to shoot it.
Speaker 1: And there are some movies.
Speaker 2: Look, I think any movie would be better to see in a theater than it would be at your house. But there are some movies where oh my god, it's an experience if you go to the theaters and it's a giant screen and Dolby Surround sound and it's like, I mean that is bad.
Speaker 1: It's it's fun. Yeah, yeah, And so this type of movie is perfect for that four hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, my go They're they're not going to studios. Aren't going to dole out four hundred million dollars for the production budget if it's not going to get a studio run.
Speaker 1: Centners was two hundred and fifty million. Yeah, so that's still a big one. What as much Barbie was because the talk is that mission impossible and the live action remake of Lelo and Stitch will top what Barbie and Oppenheim's that right, because they're coming out the same weekend.
Speaker 2: So I wonder what how many se what was what is the season of I'll just I'll just ask any what was the budget for season one of Game of Thrones? Oh that's a good question compared Okay, Season one of Game of Thrones costs reportedly, we'll we'll put it on the high end five to ten million to produce, while the first seasons the budget was estimated at fifty to sixty million. So an entire season of the ten episodes are right, costs fifty to sixty million.
Speaker 1: One two hours.
Speaker 2: Our Mission Impossible costs four hundred million to make. They need those types of movies are gonna need and dude, the business world like we need theater and exhibition and we need that to keep cranking, right, And he's probably unlike a lot of actors, he probably owns a huge piece of it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So it's that's all the more reason why he'd be out there hustling. Chef's going showing up at theaters because if you think, hey, I do want to see this movie, and there's a chance Tom Cruise is just gonna randomly pop up the theater, why not. Yeah, And you guys remember the audio from the Pandemic when he freaked on the person that wasn't that was on set not wearing the proper protocol. Because to Ben's point, because he has such a high ownership stake in it, it's more than just a movie to him.
Speaker 1: Okay, so hold on, though he can't say that he's gonna be showing up at eight thirty, I'll be at the album of that. No, it's a lottery and he just can't No, it's a lottery.
Speaker 2: So he's he's infusing energy into the entire Dallas movie theater community. It's not gonna make or break whether you go, but it's an enhanced and so if you're on the fence about not one to go, if you think Tom Cruise may pop up there, that'd be a pretty cool incentive to go.
Speaker 1: I guess you know. And dude, by the way, he's sixty two. He looks forty two. Yeah, he does.
Speaker 2: Is it creeping you out? Because I've seen a lot of dialogue talking about it. People are like, I saw some expert plastic surgeon going okay to me, it doesn't look like he's had any work done, And I was like, it doesn't look like he's plastic.
Speaker 1: But it's it's odd how he looks so young. I can't put a finger on. I can't tell what it is. Rob Low claims that he has never had any surgery done and it's all facial cream. Oh, and he's a He is diabolical about his facial his skin cream routine.
Speaker 2: About the release, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's tough.
Speaker 2: There are definitely people that have amazing aging geenes. Do you guys, remember George Hamilton, remember him ben Oh yeah, from the Hamilton movie moment he was now in our day and age. He actually was in a movie called Zorro The Gay Blade. He was in a vampire movie. He was he played the concierge and Godfather three. Here God, he is not looking great right now. Well, he's probably ninety right now, eighty five. You remember George Hamilton, he's had a fall when oh yeah, when he was in game shows when he was in his sixties, he looked like he was thirty five. Yeah, you know some people age that way, right, whoa, And you know he's he's one of those guys. Tom Cruisey's got so much money. He's probably got like a forty person staff keeping him perfectly tanned, in shape.
Speaker 1: And you know, eating every meal, spraying it. Yeah, right, he's got forty other scientologists let him at all time. Maybe I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't hear much about his scientology anymore, do you guys? Is he still hardcore? Like driving the boat with l ron Oh? The topic of scientology has died down over the last ten years. Everybody just got sick of that gal that was on that sitcom remedy. Yeah, whatever her name is. They're like, all right, I get it, but no, there's no way he's out of scientology. Once you're that far into the cult. I'm pretty sure he was like the second in command, the second icet guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was him.
Speaker 2: And then and then when John Travolto became box office poison again, they relegated him. Will he have one bite of barbecue? I don't think he can. I think he's like Dirk. You know, when Dirk was staying in perfect shape and bringing a hot plate. He may bring his own food to the barbecue. He'll let them carry his plate of eggs to a barbecue restaurant. He probably just takes a shot from his blood boy and that's his proteins. Yeah, got the staff of blood boys.
Speaker 1: He doesn't need to do anything. Well, he'll be in town. It's very exciting. The movie is a good quick two hours and fifty minutes. Honestly, it is the culmination of the whole thing. I think it's feels like it's two movies put back to back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it is, and maybe it should have been two movies put back to back, but again it's it's uh, it's going to be a lot to unpack emotionally, to summarize that entire because how many of those mission possibles have there been? And dude, it is eight it's to me, it's like it's it's like Jason Bourne or one of those. To me, it's superior to like A Fast and Furious or something like that. Of course, it's action film, it's formulaic and all that, but there's some depth to it. I man, I just I'm a Tom Cruise guy. Probably biased. Is it as good as when Steve Carell did Get Smart?
Speaker 1: Oh that didn't work out? Well, did it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't think I saw that.
Speaker 1: I know I didn't see it. We're just rebooting old TV shows from the sixties. Uh, someone did Pink Panther and it was awful too. Oh Steve Martin?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Was Leslie Nielson? Was Steve Martin?
Speaker 2: I think it was Steve Martin Martin because he because everybody loved Peter Sellers. All Right, there you have it, Tom Cruise coming to Dallas Fort Worth coming up next. No Way We're doing a star story. You don't want to miss that. Next Right now, it's time for a brand new segment called No Way. We're doing a star story.
Speaker 3: Alright.
Speaker 1: Goal Star story is pretty good. Yeah, okay, So tonight is Game two. The starters are up one to Ohero on Winnipeg. They will play game three Sunday, Great Mother's Day Tree, take your wife or your mother out to a good old fashioned daytime stars game. Yeah, which I actually do like this Sunday afternoon hockey instrument.
Speaker 5: My mom would love that. That's actually a good idea.
Speaker 1: Eighty Let's go see geek right now. Lowest available ticket closest without going over prices right style in the three hundred section Sunday Game three. Yeah, section, cheapest ticket available on SIGI. Okay, got it, lot of the worst seat in the house. Not necessarily, it's just but probably because that's what's the cheapest. Development. Who goes first? Whoever wants to closest with that going over, Let's have Skin go first, Okay, all right, I'll do eighty five dollars. Oh that's pretty good. I had fifty six in my All right, she said fifty six.
Speaker 2: Are you I Do you really want to do that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Skan eighty five, eighty six fan eighty six minutes your winner right there. The numbers one hundred and fifty two dollars.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, Now it doesn't that's with fees. That that's fees included doesn't mean you'll get it. In other words, that's saying, okay, let's do this since I know that you're going to be uh, you know, having all the time on Saturday. What time does the puck drop on Sunday? It's on Sunday. It's not on Saturday. Yeah, okay, Sunday at three thirty. I want you to go and find the lowest priced ticket at two thirty on Sunday, and I bet it's going to be you think they'll drop?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, I played the game with Jack White the other day and it went up. Is that right? Is it the closer to showtime? Interesting? Which is kind of frustrated. Yeah. Also I kind of packed it in for the night sitting on the fantastic. Have you seen this quote from Mika rant that was unveiled by Front Office Sports yesterday?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Uhh okay, So this was thrown out there by reporter at Front Office Sports, and it's something that Miko Ranton and the Star's new acquisition said about leaving Colorado. The guy quoted Ranton is saying, I'm going to Dallas. Do you know why I'm going to Dallas Because I want to jam it down Colorado's throat. Oh wait, that's what he said when he was traded back in January. Who did he say that to some reporter?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's it's in an article somewhere. Yeah. So he had it out for him and then was able to deliver. Yeahs is reported back in that said he had no intentions of signing in Carolina. They had to move him. He wanted to be in the Western Conference so he could jam it down Colorado's throat. And that's exactly what he did. In Game seven, Stars are down two nothing and he's like, you know what, no one I'm just gonna shoot. Okay, no one else is gonna do anything. I'm gonna shoot the puck. And then he gets there and then he had a hat trick in one period. It's amazing, shoot her, shoot tha. Seeing this this quote that he really had it out for them, it also makes me think, I hope Luca never thinks that, and he probably is always gonna think that. Did you not see when he dropped forty five points? I watched I love it if you go to at swisch forty one on Instagram, he's hanging out with Ryan Reynolds. There's your MAVs star. Okay, what is he doing with Ryan Reynolds?
Speaker 2: Do you know the big Blake Lively? Guys, you I have no idea. I didn't even know this happened until Kat just told me.
Speaker 1: All right, there you have it.
Speaker 2: A Dallas star's story coming up next, KT is ongoing investigation into the behavior of millennials.
Speaker 1: Don't go anywhere. That's coming up next on the Eagle.
Speaker 2: We got the Today Game, we got food News, we got a fun ride home for you here on a Friday. But I do want to say, download the iHeart app and you can listen to us anytime. If you miss us over the weekend, you don't have to, you can listen to us. Go download that iHeart app and uh just go find the Ben and Skin Show and click on that and make it one of your presets. That's probably advisable, and then click follow on that as well. And once you're following, and once we're a preset, it'll be hard for you to miss all the different things we have going. So appreciate everybody supporting us. You can support us this weekend by checking out some podcasts.
Speaker 1: But right now it's time for this. All right, here's what we're gonna do. It's kind of millennium week or a millennial week. No millennium millennial week. Over at the Ringer, I've been talking about this going all the way back to Monday or Tuesday, and they had a bunch of things that kind of represent millennial culture. Christina and I are millennials. I am thirty seven. I'm right in the middle of being a millennial. Christina, you're a little younger, right, thirty five? Thirty five? All right, so on the younger side of being a millennial. You guys, honestly, you're not too far away from being a geriatric millennial. You guys are are? You guys are middle gen gen X? We're pretty We're pretty smack dab in gen X dude.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, right in the middle. Okay, Yeah, cause we're good. I mean, Ben's like twenty years older than you guys. WHOA, I was born in nineteen seventy. What year were you guys born in? What your de turn eighteen? Christina?
Speaker 5: Oh eighteen, two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: Yes, hey, why did you say yes, where you were you born? Kevin eighty eight? Okay, we were juniors that year. I definitely could have been y'all's parents because of how sexually active Ben.
Speaker 1: Was been only specifically Yeah, by the way, you're hearing about only a lot lately.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying I have felt a fatherly connection with you, Kevin. This I could be your real father. It's interesting development. Uh, it's not possible.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know. It's really not millennial stuff. And we started we're kind of should we say this before you carry on? You're doing a great job, son, don't pat Okay, let me just say I have never once seen been just in his garage moving stuff around.
Speaker 2: Okay, not once, but you've seen the guy who portrayed your father figure all those years.
Speaker 1: Do it nice? After today's show, would you like to have a catch? I would actually like to have a catch at someone. Oh, do that a while it's out?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 2: My wife can't throw her catch? It's amazing. I totally want to see kt sobbing has been walked out of a cornfield. H the letter H because they're going through the alphabetically here.
Speaker 1: Christina and I are responsible for hashtags and we would apologize. We thought it was going to make the search function easier in finding things. It's not. It's become just a bit and then now who knows, it's now it's an algorithm stopper.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Christina, Hot Topic, Oh yeah, I love Hot Topic. Still love Hot Topic. You can get great shirts there. They always have like two for like fifteen bucks or whatever. Best band shirts ever?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: I'm old enough to have gone to a church service in my hometown where the pastor was explaining that he went to the mall and he didn't know what was wrong with kids these days because he went into a store called the Hot Topic, which I was like, okay, so we'll wait. What was the pastor going into a store that makes a lot of shirts for you know, emo bands and stuff and punk bands. No, No, it's just like it's like, it's not far off heavy metal stuff.
Speaker 2: It's the less sunny version of p h or whatever that's called, you know po pack Son. Yes, it's the less sunny version of pac Son. It's the very cloudy version.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so cool. Just the entrance was awesome that he's preaching about what's wrong with kids now is they going to hot topic. It's like I go there all the time. It's very strange, new studded belt. Let's go.
Speaker 2: It's a lot wrong with you too.
Speaker 1: Indie bands from New York City. We will take credit for that. Uh, Internet rankings. That is something that you guys probably didn't grow up with on the Internet. Okay, I thought you met MySpace like ranking friends. Yeah, I mean I would call that MySpace. Yeah right, top eight bit just the idea of any Internet list all the time. You guys didn't grow up with that. Uh, they're giving us IPAs.
Speaker 2: I believe that the craft, the craft beer boom happened on the millennial watch. All right, It wasn't millennials leading the charge, but it happened on y'all's watch.
Speaker 1: We will take the juice serum and run with it. Yeah, jackass, y'all get that. Yeah, that's all good as that proud thanks for letting us have that one. The jet Appatil era of comedy. And that was when we were thinking about the bracket the other day that actually had all this. I was thinking of what encapsulates that. For me, it's that indie brock boom in New York City and it's all those comedy movies from the two thousands. That's my life. That's it in a nutshell, well pretty much. You can kill me now, that's my life. It really got going when y'all were ten. But I get it. I think it got it going around was six with Billy Madison, Happy Gilmour, a spenture a pet, Detected Classics, e turned jad apatow Man. The Millennial is definitely known for their Kickstarter campaigns, Yes, how are we going to get anything funded? Right? We'll take Mario Kart off your hands though, you can have it.
Speaker 2: We were just on a text had with some stuff going on at our brewery and there's like a ninety celebration and there was a lot of talk about Mario Kart being on the TV while we're doing ninety stuff.
Speaker 1: It's so fun. Yeah, MLB steroids era, we will take it, man, it was fun.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: Baseball was better than it was Like, who cares? Like if somebody wants to do that to themselves, so be it. If they want their neck to be whiter than a normal man's torso yeah, but they're hitting seventy home runs, that's good for the game. I disagree that that is millennials. I think that's gen x. I think we get that you can have some of it. The Bash Brothers were early nineties, dude.
Speaker 1: But but ninety eight. Yeah, the Bachelor's for sure the year.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: But y'all were like ye, y'all were ten, you were nine. It was happening all in front of us because the Cubs and Cardinals game. They would break in with Cardinals games and the Cubs were on WG and we were in our thirties. Y'all were like ten.
Speaker 2: I think I think telling you it was a big part of my game. I'm just saying it's gen x. I don't think it's millennial.
Speaker 1: I guarantee you I cared more about Sosain Maguire than you did. Dude. I worked at a sports station that talked about it every five minutes.
Speaker 4: O M.
Speaker 1: No, you know, don't tell me what I do. Nickelodeon, Yeah, Nicolo, Ye'll think I'm old enough to have watched Dick Van Dyke and Mister ed reruns on Nicked Night back in the day, because it's all they had parks and rec Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: Playing snake on the phone. Yes, what's that odd.
Speaker 6: I used to It was on Nokia phones and it was just this little snake. You use the buttons to go back and forth to get this little egg and you couldn't hit yourself or the sides of the screen. Anytime my sister diarted a basketball game she had so many, I would sit there in the stands and play snake.
Speaker 1: On the phone.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 2: I think that's the determination. Me and you are immediately like, what's that? And they were immediately like, oh my god. You know that's the distinction. Yeah, that's when you know it's theirs. What about the Pirate Bay, I don't know like them.
Speaker 1: No, the Pirate Bay is a website to download music, Oh very much illegally. I've never heard of it. Inact, the guy that ran the Pirate Bay was caught hiding underneath his bed when the Feds broke into his house. Good beautiful site that I definitely have ripped too many millabytes of music off of megabytes of music off of. Is that where you got all your Beyonce stuff? Pitchfork album scores? Yep, we'll take that podcast. Do you guys want that? I'm good, we'll take podcasts. You can have it. Pokemon will take yes all day. Reality TV Noah, you guys have it shock websites like tub Girl and Lemon Party.
Speaker 2: What'sub Girl? That's y'all.
Speaker 1: I think for y'all, I think that's us. And I also think real t TV is us too. That's good. Did you see him? Well he did so good. Vocal d T shirts all right, there you go.
Speaker 2: It's Kevin K. T.
Speaker 1: Turner.
Speaker 6: Now let's go.
Speaker 9: Around the sports kg tweets as all the sports.
Speaker 1: The Rangers signed what is being called perhaps the top high school talent in Korea. His name Kim Sung June. Kim Sung is eighteen, and he plays both offense and defense. He both base most baseball players do that, that's true. He's a pitcher and a hitters. What I meant to say, yeah yeah, yeah uh. Anyway, they signed him for a little more than one million dollars in signing bonus money. So there's a big article out and it's like Texas Rangers to sign the top Korean two way teenage star. People start taking on it's O Tawni. They to sign the next So Tawny and I can't help but think it's not very fair to this little guy who's eighteen and kind of small. He looks small to me. He's not small. He looks skinny. He looks like he might fight John mulaney. But you're right, that is that That's like saying the next Babe Ruth or the next Michael Jordan or the next Tiger Woods.
Speaker 2: Like that's a huge thing to throw on somebody. I guess they're just saying it because he is. He wants to be a two way player. He wants to pitch and he wants to be a hitter.
Speaker 1: I guess yes, he plays shortstop and wants to pitch, and that's that's what he wants. So whatever, he got signed by the Rangers. Riders had some money and threw it at him. But it made me think of another guy. This is the top headline on ESPN when I opened up this story today. It's the number two headline on ESPN right now. Charlie Woods, son of Tiger, fails to qualify for the US Open. Oh, because he's not even very good on his own high school team. How old is he?
Speaker 2: He's in high school? Sixteen, seventeen, I don't know, he's sixteen, okay? Is he supposed to be able to make a Major at sixteen.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's what's so strange. So you can have these like US Open qualifying tournaments. He shot a seventy five in it.
Speaker 2: So I'd be ecstatic with that now, I know, right, we would all take it on an incredibly difficult course.
Speaker 1: So it's not that he sucks. He's sixteen, and there are people because they're like, dude, he again, he's good player. He's not the best golfer on his own high school team.
Speaker 2: It is just so hard when your dad was the best ever. I mean, I really think it's pretty amazing that Bronnie James is this has gone as far. You guys ever seen Michael Jordan's something.
Speaker 1: Who No, I've just seen him hook up with Scottie Pippens.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just he was just a normal guy, because the reality is you're probably gonna be a normal guy.
Speaker 1: It's the numbers are just it is weird. Michael Jordan said. It was in the news way more than Michael Jordan was for a while though. Yeah, just because he was tapping into Larsa. By the way, Pippen's son is good, Scotti Pippen Jr. Yes, he play with the Grizzly. He plays for the grizz and by the end of the year he was starting. Oh really his his dad was, you know, six'. Eight he's like six three or something like. That but, YEAH i mean he was not a highly touted.
Speaker 2: Prospect he kept working and working and working and getting better and, dude he's a, good good YOUNG nba.
Speaker 1: Player all.
Speaker 2: Right SO i get overly excited about. Prospects i've done it for years And i'm trying not to do, that BUT i it's this pushes a lot of buttons for. Me i'm, like oh my, god they got the Next. Dotani so that headline gets, me which is unfair to the, kid But i'm, like, oh he's a two way, player going to pitch in. Hit that's. Incredible he's the number one. Player i'm, like, wait how come? Up just now hearing about, this was there a big? Sweepstakes was? Everybody because That sasaki the guy that The dodgers. Got there was a ton of talk leading up to. That he hasn't been very, good by the, way he hasn't so, far but you, know it's, like oh my, god could The rangers get? Him could they save all their international money and go after. IT i didn't hear anything about this, guy and so is it a big? Deal BECAUSE i would assume that anybody who's, good The dodgers can just have him any time they Were yeah.
Speaker 1: RIGHT i always seeing these stories like come out of. NOWHERE i always get a little, Like, okay how come we hadn't heard anything about this UNTIL i got. Him that makes me think he's probably not very. Good it doesn't probably hard to know because he's. Eighteen if you.
Speaker 2: Are a huge, prospect first of, all the way it is now with, scouting there's not some under the radar guy that nobody knows about except for one guy that only happens in the. Movies and if you're an eighteen year old and they're able to sign you for one million, dollars that means that you're probably a decent, prospect but not necessarily a sure thing for. Anything they're jumping on a headline because he's A pacific islander guy that pitches and, hits and so they're immediately you, know but a million dollars for an eighteen year old, prospect that's great money for the eighteen year. Old that is not some big time money for some guy hopefully you can hit and he can hit quick because The rangers need some offense really.
Speaker 1: Fast Otherwise Brett boone's gotta. Go. Yeah you, know he's only he's very selective on which games he. Coaches.
Speaker 2: Everyone he'll coach a couple of, games they'll hit, well then he'll take a game off and suddenly they get shut out Against you respect, it, GUYS i got a PODCAST i gotta go. Do, yeah all, right there you have. It there's around the. Sports The rangers get the next. Show, Heyo, tani we can't do. That that's what the headline. Is, hey headline, Is, hey, dude coming up next. Here we have more important things to think, about like The metroplex is. Sinking, What, yes The metroplex is. Sinking we'll discuss.
Speaker 10: Next and now it's time for bas week Day, day featuring veteran news anchor on Tweets hero the important stories he's currently tracking from around the.
Speaker 1: World write a story in The Dallas Morning news and every other outlet in the. Nation researchers have found That dallas And Fort worth are sinking at a faster pace than other comparatively large. Cities Dunt Dun.
Speaker 2: Dun, okay ANYTIME i hear something like, THIS i, THINK i, Think, okay there's been a bunch of, digging like things have been removed from beneath the, soil like say it it's it? Fracking is it digging for? Oil what is happening beneath The earth's surface that's causing?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah what's making this metroplex be a?
Speaker 2: Sinkhole De? Mayo and it could also be water, Issues like are you guys familiar with the Town?
Speaker 1: Kyle? Yeah, oh is that the one that was for? Sale are they tried to get The kyles there as they? Could, yeah they always try to get all The kyles. There, yeah it's one of the fastest growing cities In.
Speaker 2: America, okay all Of. Kyle's which one is it full Of? Kyle it's full Of kyle's and people not Named. Kyle and they do not have the water reservoirs to support the new, people and so they are frantically trying to figure out how to get enough water To kyle to support all the people that are moving. In, now that's a good problem to have from the standpoint of, wait our city is, growing all this money's coming into. It but then at the same, time it's, like oh my, god we can't handle all these. PEOPLE i was thinking of like coach of, town broken bows like.
Speaker 1: That for a.
Speaker 2: Minute they were, like how are we going to? Sit like there's so many cabins. Now, yeah the infrastructures not what we. Need and so getting water from underneath the, surface, fracking all these different kinds of things that are happening underneath the surface can cause that.
Speaker 1: Sinking, Okay and how about. THIS i saw a story the other day that big conspiracy that there is as there are massive cities beneath The earth's, surface are massive things being built for the uber rich in case there's like a nuclear armagitton or.
Speaker 2: Something than have you ever heard? That absolutely call it The Denver? Airport Denver. AIRPORT i heard that The adelson's bought The mavericks to move them to an underground. City, okay And atlantis come, on, Man, yeah and a lot of people on local sports docreto are talking about it and it seems.
Speaker 1: Plausible, yeah, look this is not. So what's weird about this is that we're so, Inland Like houston is also listed on. This, yeah they have a legitimate threat of a hurricane hitting them every single. Year the erosion of coasts are. Real but this this article is very clear and here's the money quote from this. Article in my, opinion a broader spectrum of major cities are experiencing major a major subsidence at rates that need immediate. Attention and THEN i just, thought there ain't a single one of us who's going to change any of our daily habits to help do. Anything, also we don't know what to.
Speaker 2: Do, yeah you, know you know who else is on that list though that's also In Linda's austin And. Santonio in, FACT i Believe Austin santonio are shrinking or lowering or whatever that term, is at a rate faster Than dallas is, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: No no.
Speaker 1: No they specifically Said austin's, not But austin's on the list, Absolutely, Okay so it's A texas thing that's part of. It there is The gulf Of mexico And, noah what is it? Called? Now these colors don't, run bitch The. GULF i think it's called The gulf Of. Trump charlotte's in, there, though it's you, Know detroit is in it quite sinking a little.
Speaker 2: Bit but do you know what Else detroit, had didn't they have up to, well, No flint's not that. Close The detroiters have The DETROIT i, mean and when it happens, inland what they're concerned about is.
Speaker 1: Flooding, yeah And that's What i'm worried.
Speaker 2: About and that's What charlotte is not that far From ashville And asheville just got decimated de.
Speaker 1: Flooding do you guys remember the story from like twenty eighteen or twenty, nine dean big story that came out about how if The Lake louisville levees, failed Downtown dallas could be in trouble in a major flooding. Event. YEAH i thought about that the MINUTE i saw this. Headline that making me so, nervous can you? See and we immediately think Of, katrina, right think of my wife because she raises so.
Speaker 2: Much hell she. Does you don't want you don't want her levees. Breaking, hey what is the? Levee what's the on a? Female hey man for seven eight? Seven one? Night?
Speaker 1: Someone you want to put that out there Before Mother's? Day, yeah it's mother's, day. Dude come, on, hey, girls show me your levee break the family show? Man damn is it down. There hey, Man i'm just being.
Speaker 2: Kevin, OKAY i, see because if beavers are at the, dam yeah, yeah so when the water was to come into the, city we're going to blame that on the fracket when the water was to come in age the subject.
Speaker 1: The other story THAT i had. Talking there are no other, Stories so we gotta make this go another three. Minutes, no, no we. DON'T i think what we should. Do i'm a pretty big fan of The Today, game, okay, yeah AND i think if we got some of that all, okay that would really do.
Speaker 2: This BUT i, agree what were some of the other cities on the. Line we're gonna put The Today game inside of you. Next don't miss. It it's coming up in just over three. Minutes it's coming up on The Beninsican. Show thank you for. Listening you need to check Out Andrew's American Pizza kitchen And Plano preston And Plano. Parkway there's only one location in all OF dfw Of Andrew's American Pizza, kitchen but it's so good That Dallas Morning news voters or readers voted it the best pizza joint in all OF. Dfw so get up, there try. It they have great selection of craft. Beer they got amazing. Pasta they've mastered five different types of. Pizza and if you're sick of hearing everyone talking about how great it is and you haven't tried, it get out there this Weekend Andrew's American Pizza kitchen In.
Speaker 1: Plano but right now it's time for. This it's, time, yeah yeah. YEAH D magazine has listed their top twenty eight best barbecue joints In North. Texas what are the top twenty? Eighth will someone get? Snubbed who will bring home the? Crown you'll find? Out and this or the next second of The men In skin show so compelling the Way teas did like a.
Speaker 2: Pro i'm gonna go sit in my car and listen to. THIS i can't wait to hear the end OF, fm or you can get it on the free iHeartRadio. App all, right no, Am i'm gonna try to win Those Mars volta tickets we gave away.
Speaker 1: Earlier Terry Black's barbecue comes in at number twenty EIGHT D.
Speaker 2: Magazine, okay so they're saying the actual location In, Lockhart, texas or they is it here?
Speaker 1: Now North? Texas lockhart is? THERE i could be.
Speaker 2: Wrong but in there Are Terry blacks over there by Film oh, OKAY i thought it was the South.
Speaker 1: SIDE i thought it was The stiver by The Dallas Comedy. Club, okay, OKAY i thought of the South side On lamar where you can see Comedian Seth Cow's i'm, Sorry Seth Cole's Sunday sunday at. Seven, Yeah Terry blacksbork what to? Eat ribs and green.
Speaker 2: BEANS i guarantee you there's a lot of pork in those green beans if they're being.
Speaker 1: Recommended twenty Seven Sosa's, Barbecue sosa power Hitter Sammy. Susser now this is going to be more out Towards Grand. Prairie this is gonna be on. Thirty it's north Of Cockrell hill right. There hell, yeah Sosa Is. Barbecue they're recommending, brisket, jalapino, sausage and tater. Tots respect the, tots, dude that's. Good shout out To. Sosa number twenty. Six you're saying. Tots, yep, yeah Smoke aholics. Barbecue this is in What, Worth, okay that's For Stoner's east of The Old High barbecue and four words they're, saying spare, ribs loaded, corn, bread collar greens and cream. Corn hell, yeah try. Us, frederick former center of The Dallas, cowboys loves cream. CORN i gotta eat cream corn for. Days he's eating it right. Now he'll make. It he'll make some creamed.
Speaker 3: Corn.
Speaker 1: Come oh, look oh, look pull him up on. Zoom there he is eating some cream and a. Drafts there he. Goes number twenty five not, so Says But Sammy's. Barbecue, Okay Sammy's barbecue is In. Dallas it's by The Dallas museum Of. Art it's The Red. Rocker here's what they. Recommend, Ben does this sound like the barbecue you? Want ribs and zucchini cast?
Speaker 3: Role?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: INTERESTING i wouldn't really think the zucchini cast role would be What i'd be looking. For but if it's just Called sammy's and it's recognized like, THIS i bet it's. Badass twenty Four Sabar. Barbecue are these in?
Speaker 6: Order?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep what do you Mean i'm counting? Down? Clearly, Yep Sabar, barbecue Not Sabarro. Barbecue that'd be a little. DIFFERENT i love going to the middle of the mall and getting Some sparrow. Barbecue it, is they, Say barbaricoa And Nihari. Mexicue let's go smoked lamb ribs and kutchumber. Salad these are some Things i've never heard. Of good for. Them moving, Forward Rathbun's Curb Side, Barbecue let's, go, man you guys know what that.
Speaker 2: Is, no BUT i RESPECT d, magazine So i'm assuming all these joints are. GOOD i JUST i got to find out if anybody gets. SNUBBED i Think Tim rogers kind of mails it in, now SO i think this is that guy that used to be a fullback for The.
Speaker 1: Niners, Right, okay this guy cedar. Plank smoked salmon is something they. Do, okay sounds. Crazy oh one ninety smoked? Meats is that over there on the? Bush ninety smoked?
Speaker 2: Beat?
Speaker 1: Yeah oh, No, no this is the one that's north Of White Rock. Lake NO pastrami who smokes? Salmon? There you, go keep it, going meet you Like university, ANYWHERE, bbq this is In grapevine And Trophy. Club i'm realizing there's a lot of Things i've never heard.
Speaker 2: Of, yeah AND i don't know how to feel about the list TILL i find out if there's a key, snub if there's a key.
Speaker 1: Snub the whole list is. Craped, Right let's move right here To Addison lane's oaked handcrafted. Barbecue is that that joint right there on Belt? Line that the one that we go? To, no that one IS i think some media folks are owners in. That it is it oak or smoke o? Oak so, yeah this Is lane's. Oaked it's a little. Different oh like O a t like? Oak, yes foshpd what keep?
Speaker 2: Grinding the oaked one we're talking about In adisonal Belt line is badass and that's just Called. OAH i think it. Is i'm not POSITIVE i like him. Barbecue, Okay Is travis im still involved in and running? THAT i don't know his name is on, it but there's new people, involved AND i don't know to what degree he's still. Involved, okay because that dude is a beast in his barbecue is really, good those bacon burn ins or whatever whatever they.
Speaker 1: And WHAT i understand he did well and plays golf now, okay, okay? Good Uh Big Owl's Smokehouse Barbecue, Okay Big al From Big al and Kid. CRATIC i don't think, so only because it doesn't mention him in the Article, okay wait is It Big Gay owl From South? Park? Now, okay all.
Speaker 2: Right if It's Big al's joint from the Kid Cratic, SHOW i fully support.
Speaker 1: It For te's, barbecue this is In, Forny christina. Tomorrow recommend The schmitty. Sandwich hold on a, second we just buried the. Lead you're going to be In forny tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow hanging out with my mom from mother's.
Speaker 1: Dad oh, yeah. Festival oh because they don't they don't live In, forny do they? Know, well you can go four teas.
Speaker 5: Barbecue, yeah that might be a good idea for.
Speaker 2: Lunch all, right let's put a pin in this and carry this. Over i'm A i have a Feeling i'm about to be. Furious you'll could be some omissions here that we'll need to. Discuss part two of The Food news is coming up in just over three, minutes because we just had a Food news segment and it carried OVER. Kt you have the best barbecue In North texas according TO D magazine.
Speaker 1: AND D magazine getting out ahead Of Texas. MONTHLY i like what they're. Doing number sixteen Me Shak's Barbecue shack In. Garland haven't necessarily heard of. THIS i like the. Name yeah me shack Fifteen Slow, Bone Slow bone has been around. Forever they have very Good i've heard of, it don't know If i've tried. It, yeah they're right there on the river but here In, dallas but' right there on The Trinity river by The Design. District, yeah, yeah better. Good Fourteen smoking ash barbecue In. Arlington, Okay i've heard of smoking, ash BUT i have. It put it in my mouth up there to the east of A Tierra verde golf. Club, man you used to smoke as in your twentiesh on. Fire thank you for. Remembering, yeah you had an incredible. Run, yeah it was like a whole weekend one way seeing what are you laughing?
Speaker 5: At, yo we're. Laughing i'm not allowed to laugh with.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 1: Guys, hey, dude don't yell at her while she's. Laughing go.
Speaker 2: AHEAD i think she was. SAYING i thought she was laughing at the idea that you smoked a lot of. ASS i thought she was, like, bitch, please she.
Speaker 3: Was but you.
Speaker 2: Can't you can't make. HER i, mean now she's going to hr, yeah but she she's worn out the. Path hr hr not come in. Today it's a beautiful. Day it, is and you can't say she's. Done that's oh sorry about. That, God now she wanted, to we would have already been, ended like in the first week of twenty.
Speaker 1: Twenty, yeah it's. True number thirteen one of our most meaningful cities here on The bend And skin show a city who's Upset dallas in THE dfw city. Bracket Royce city With Smoke Sessions. Barbecue hell, yeah what a cool.
Speaker 2: Name, yeah it's actually it's owned by FORMER nba point Guard Ramon.
Speaker 1: Sessions he's making that, up. Folks, yeah he's making that. UP i have totally made that last thing. Up Twelve Coffee, barbecue Speed, afi so it could Be. Kaffe OH i THINK i know about. This they're big wag You. Irving they're over In Irving Valley.
Speaker 2: Ranch, yeah, yeah, Yeah i've read about this, Before. Iraqi, YES i have read about them. BEFORE i try that maybe, backshack oh ba. Backshack bick check baby back baby back. Backcheck they're now south Of Terry Black's barbecue right.
Speaker 1: There number. Eleven number Ten Hutchins. Barbecue, okay now we're. Talking hutchins is. Legit i'm surprised it's not, higher should be a top three or. Four it is absolutely. Extraordinary i'm going to go there right. Now so the location there In, frisco that's Off Preston. Road drive by anytime on A, saturday and there's a line going all the way into Prosper it's just. Unreal it is so freaking. Good and No i'm Not i'm not thinking you. Personally, yeah accomplaying, you but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, DUDE i you'd BE i know in my mind there's just a couple that are up there that are as, elite as elite As, hutchins so they better be ahead of them.
Speaker 1: Here number nine Her Toto.
Speaker 2: Barbecue, okay that's one of her love Her toatle barbecue, brand Her tato spin on mexecute.
Speaker 1: Amazing if you're listening to our, show you know about Her.
Speaker 2: Tato get on out there if you're In, Arlington dallas For worth Or mansfield their, slogan or drive out there if you're not boas another.
Speaker 1: ONE i love this. Place Grand Prairie Zavalla's. Barbecue number eight never been But i've heard so much about. It you have heard a lot about.
Speaker 2: It did we have?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 1: No, yeah well you know what that might have. Been, uh this might have been freak. DAYS i never had. It i've just heard about. It joe brought some food up, Here Joe. Sava yeah, YEAH i think he brought some food up here and blew my nuts. Off, yeah and very, peppery a lot of pepper smoked. NUTS i Think Grand Prairie zalla is is dope And Grand. Prairie. Yeah one of my obra got. Lost number Seven alito getting some. Representation, Galloway Randy, Galloway Dane's Craft. Barbecue, hell, yeah, seven the band and the skin up and get some. Que number Six Bricks. Barbecue this is b r I. X.
Speaker 2: Yeah Fort Worth brick killed a guy that's over that's over there in Fort, worth isn't.
Speaker 1: It it's a it's a good name, though it sounds. Good. Yeah they said Five Vocatos Texas barbecue on the golf. Course this Isn't. Allen Oh skin has been. THERE i have been.
Speaker 2: There, Yeah oh that's all you're gonna. Say, no it's right there In Allen.
Speaker 1: Barbecue, okay Fort worth In Panther, city they're recommending the fatty, brisket the pork belly, poppers the nutter, butter cheesecake, pudding let's.
Speaker 2: GO i don't know that you can react that way to that. Name shocking number, three what is It Farmer's Branch. Barbecue, yeah we have came, there we've been, there but they were out of. Brisket so it was it, Was it was, good BUT i want To it's like if somebody hypes up something so, much it's hard to live up to that high and you.
Speaker 1: GO i was, like so that was WHEN i.
Speaker 2: Went when we went as a, show that was my second time to. Go they were out of turkey and. Brisket they were out there too. Late, yeah they're out of turkey and, brisket which are my go. Tos BUT i will say i'd been before AND i was pretty blown. Away my go tos were there AND i WAS i was, like this is good for, sure BUT i don't know that it deserves to be on the pedestal that. People pop it.
Speaker 1: On, yep they have something. Company you hear that? Alliteration, yeah pop it?
Speaker 2: On that was so good.
Speaker 1: Man they have something called The Todd Father, sandwich which is kind of. Funny it's named After Todd. Tedder number Two Smoking Joe's. Barbecue where's That. Dallas it is south Of, leadbetter north OF. Lbj so it's in the cliff west of UN T. Dallas, YEAH i don't.
Speaker 2: Know, wait it's south Of, leadbetter but what OF? Lbj north Of how's that even? Possible all the way? Around you're about to get compass Slept, no, no, no, no, no it's so that could be a lot of places north OF. Lbj, okay so It's i'm. Confused, well good. Stuff they Blood better south, right it's Number so by the Time ledbetter gets, north they call it like.
Speaker 1: Beltline, yeah it's south Of. Redbirds so this is down like, okay how many are left?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: One so, dude but that makes that makes more sense except for the. North how are you north OF lbj and south of Le? Wait we have to get to number one because we got to know if somebody got snubbed what happened on the? Maps we just don't know. Anymore we lost our energy to find. Out my brain melt. Down number one, is of, Course Tender barbecue out In Fort, worth actually little south Of. Canadall i've been here for family. Stuff believe it or, not it sounds made. Up it's Not Goldie's. Barbecue i've heard so much About. Goldies i'm pretty sure that my wife's dad owns the building that there they their stuff out.
Speaker 2: OF i don't understand HOW d magazine listed twenty eight barbecue joints In North texas and left Off Tender. SMOKEHOUSE i think you've got five locations here, now and It's Tory hunter And Matt kemp are two of the owners of. It and, dude it's like they buy the best possible meats and so it's like they spend a little bit more to make it a little bit.
Speaker 1: Better it's. Exquisite it's.
Speaker 2: Exquisite and if you want to, Complain tim Dot rogers at iHeartMedia dot com send him an email right now and it will get damn all, right coming up, next what's happening in the Suck ZONE Kt oh my?
Speaker 1: God uh you remember what they had that sperm? Race you know what really? Happened? Oh, oh all, right that's coming up. Next, oh it's time for. This it's a sucks zone and.
Speaker 2: That's the Technical, therefore, obviously Suck.
Speaker 1: Zone just kind of following up some stories that we might have neglected over the past few days or didn't finish up on your host sucks. Man our friend in The Morning's woody is a Lifelong Pittsburgh steelers. Fan so YESTERDAY i was just in the show. RECAP i sent him kind of what we got popping on our, show and then he, said he send you a picture Of Franco. Harrison, no he, didn't BUT i asked, him what do you think about The George pickens? Thing and here's what he, Said you can have. Him i'm over all the problem child players we've had over the last ten. Years i'm hoping this is a new era for The steelers of not putting up with that diva childish. Bs it's a. Distraction george is super, talented fun to watch and has incredible, potential but that's if he can mature as a man and stop being such a little bitch all the. Time That's woody from The Morning show here on ninety seven won The. Eagle so why does he sound like a sixty year old white. Guy he's got such a. MAN i was, like, hey, man my dad's friends just called. In how simple did you like the? Trigger? Not would have been? Fine, no, no, NO i get.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 2: Man it's frustrating when you have a player on your team that you feel like causing more problems than.
Speaker 1: Helping, yeah especially when it's maybe even worse when they're kind of really.
Speaker 2: Good AND i really expect The steelers to start a new era With Mike tomlin as their. Coach, right you know it's, uh this whole thing is is really set up perfect for The, cowboys problem child style diva receiver who creates all sorts of, issues has to be on his best. Behavior it's a contract. Year the only way this goes south is if he's not getting the ball and he feels like it's costing him his personal, money and then he sabotages and torpedoes the. Team, yeah but at that point they could just cut him if they wanted. To, yeah but then they won't get the story pick for the. Rental and BUT i can deactivate. Him it's still worth, it you, know it's still worth it to me to go for it because it changes your whole.
Speaker 1: Offense SO i love. It but it's going to be. Entertaining he's going to be a lot to deal. With this is less risky than giving up a first round pick FOR Amrii, cooper which you did back in the, Day, Right and then you, know signing a Mari. COOPER i. HAVEN'T i haven't given up On. Mingo George pickens is such an upgrade over A Marii cooper Or Tyler lockett Or Jerry judy Or Courtland sutton or whoever you. Utalize, yeah he's such an upgrade over any of those guys you're talking. About Ring in so rich worth it but always good to get the insight from the other. Side, yeah and from the other. Part what Did menace say? IT i don't Think menace As steelers, fan don't really. Know didn't ask what he gets the. Emails so there we. Go Space, probe The cosmos four to eighty two spacecraft that we told you about a week ago when we were doing the show live At Fortunate son In. Garland all the trash hurling. Back there's a lot of space trash going on because Of Russian this thing was launched in nineteen seventy. Two they create a Space probe with the intention of checking Out, venus because that's a great name for a all scent punk rock. Band space, trash space.
Speaker 2: TRASH i think you say space. Probe Space probe have like a scientist in an astronut, uniform putting on a rubber, glove pretty.
Speaker 1: Metal here's the latest, estimation And i've been looking at a couple of YouTube trackers of when this thing is gonna gonna. Fall it's gonna fall. Sometime the latest estimation is at twelve fifty Four central time. Tonight i'm gonna step and watch.
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 6: Okay is this the same one where it's it can handle really hot environments because of, venus, right and so it's gonna make it through our.
Speaker 5: Atmosphere that's.
Speaker 1: Fine that's the. Thought and that's kind of a part of the concern is that if it will make it won't like disintegratee on its way. Down it's gonna be. Fun it was, like oh this is this is. Warm, also it could have been made really shoddily in the nineteen. Seventies, yeah let me have.
Speaker 2: It isn't the real lead here That kat somehow has time to watch various space trackers on.
Speaker 1: YouTube i just took a few minutes out of my day so, aside and there you. Go i've got a lot of. Models he doesn't sleep, MUCH i tell, you, kay he's got that.
Speaker 2: Thing do you google space tracker YouTube and just see what channels pop up or how do you get?
Speaker 1: THERE i knew the name of it because we discussed it last, week SO i just typed In cosmos and once you type in the Word, cosmos cosmos forty two. Tracker so there's like five or six live YouTube streams streams of it right. Now it's Just russian guys, going we don't know what will? Happened you know why there aren't In? English and they're asking for donations in the super Chat why? Serious why wouldn't they just? Stream why wouldn't they just Speak?
Speaker 2: Russian why would they Speak english with A russian accent like it's a fake foreign.
Speaker 1: Movie, well if they got all kinds of languages coming to them in their, chatbot they're trying to play the differentls because they would sometimes slip Into, russian but then they'd go back Into. English it's really.
Speaker 2: Crazy because there's too much inside, baseball.
Speaker 1: Dude you want to hear, somebody it's kind of. Crazy now we have, time all, RIGHT i feel? Time. Alright if you promised that it's gonna be worth our, time why Didn't sad? Promise it's the five o'clock Out friday.
Speaker 2: Counting on you right?
Speaker 1: Now here he is and the time as, well actually during the live stream up the guy from burying.
Speaker 2: The timing. Forecast, oh they got a little bed of. Music it's been like this all. Day i'd love that you, know this is in the. World you gotta have someone in your crew that this is in the. World Bad Ass.
Speaker 1: Kevin it's someone of the comments just, said, oh look Out. Oklahoma so.
Speaker 2: There's not a day that doesn't go by that someone doesn't issue that warning somewhere in the.
Speaker 1: World this all, right be a.
Speaker 2: Problem there you have. It that's The Suck Zone. Show Sucks man comeing up. Next it's The Wayback. Machine where are you gonna take us?
Speaker 1: HERE? Kt, Well Mother's day is coming up On, sunday and who better Than ben And skin to give a Great Mother's day. Tribute that's. Next all, Right.
Speaker 2: Before we get to, THAT i want to talk About orchard dumb worried about this in three Minutes The ben And Skin, show ninety some point One The, Eagle thank you for hanging out with us. Today we have got big weekend plans AND i hope you do, too AND i hope those weekend plans incorporate our Friends Rollertown Beer works up there In. Salina. Texas that's the brewery that me And ben are partner's. In we always have great things popping up At. Rollertown we don't. Forget next weekend is our Yacht Rock. Weekend we got stuff going all weekend, long including Yacht Rock, trivia Which i'll be hosting starting On Thursday Jazzy's. Tacos make sure to come out for that Next. Thursday but in the, meantime if you're not heading up To, salona you can get us all over The. Metroplex Fortunate, son Good, friend all The, pluckers all The Kanye. Rosos if you're going to An American airlines, center so many different places carry, us so many grocery, STORES, Hgb Tom, Thumb Total wine and, more on and on and, on and, hey you know it just popped up Gas monkey right there in the, colony the new. One, yes they're gonna be having a Roller town on. Tap how awesome is? That so go get it out there in The. Metroplex if a place doesn't carry, it tell them to check with Their Benny Keith rep and they can get.
Speaker 1: It but right now it's time for.
Speaker 9: This it's time to go into the, stripulebugs all, right good way to end the, week going back in.
Speaker 1: Time let's go back in order, here stay. Tuned we're gonna end it with the best, one all. RIGHT i how about this news anchor twenty. Seventeen this happened the dog In thailand.
Speaker 11: Is certainly giving new meaning to the phrase dog, doggy pat excuse. Me he was found swimming one hundred and thirty five miles off the shore Of thailand near an oil.
Speaker 1: Rig workers first. Five there's no way around. It there's nowhere around. It around.
Speaker 11: It so workers first spot of the dog Last. Friday they believe he fell off a fishing. Trawler he's now in good shape and on dry land with an animal protection.
Speaker 2: Brew, Well i'm Sure i'll be working with him very so.
Speaker 1: When we come. Back he dug himself out of. It, yeah.
Speaker 2: Recovery that was a great. Recovery the way the two Tall jones and there's no way around. It i've never envisioned it this, way BUT i kind of picture him introducing his member and saying, that, oh, announcing there's no way around. It like everyone's going like it's now in the way you have to. Confront, yeah you can't get around. This he's holding it with both. HANDS i was at those games in great series one more. Time it's the beginning of.
Speaker 11: It the dog And tyland is certainly giving new meaning to the phrase doggy Stock Doggy patles whose. Me he was found swimming one hundred and thirty five miles off the shore Of.
Speaker 1: Thailand near oil rig workers for a. SPOT i don't know it's on, purpose you, think, So, YEAH i don't. KNOW i don't. KNOW i don't remember the visual of it either of. Those that kind doesn't help. Anything this day twenty, Eighteen, okay this is twenty. Eighteen we had a guest in studio and she was.
Speaker 2: Busty. Man we have an action packed five o'clock hour with a special guest in.
Speaker 1: Studio it's. Spage i'm already.
Speaker 2: Starting sorry what, PAGE i Think i'm melting Down Page Spiranak who is here for The Byron? Nelson what A marity? Star it's the sploby. Dude so one started A twitter account called On.
Speaker 1: Star, yeah.
Speaker 5: So she was in studio as you were saying, that, Right, yes that makes.
Speaker 2: It, yeah he was.
Speaker 1: Flustered he was staring right at her.
Speaker 5: Chest you don't have to stare at, it it's just.
Speaker 1: THERE i actually was.
Speaker 2: Staring at her smoking hot, husband and he was the one that was really flipping my.
Speaker 1: SWITCH i feel like no one else wants to hear us when we explained how hot that guy, was when she is the person we were actually. Interviewing BUT i didn't even just DESERVE i don't even know anyone was with. Her ben was, like why are you guys talking about? THAT i was, like, well he's, there and it's just LIKE i paid a, watch like, ho, wait. CRAP i was watching The Netflix Full swing. Show you, know it's the behind the scenes golf, thing and they've they've kind of forced her on in season three lots, yeah, yeah and that's, Why mike, watch she's gotten more, well, robust. ROBOTIC i would, say what do you, Mean like it looks like she's always looked, right but maybe it's a little even more enhanced up. Top the way she's. Talking she came across is real like bubbly and kind of knew what she was talking. About and on this, thing it's gotten like very lip fillery and what what are you? Saying are you saying that she's leaning into this sex? Thing it's just like it wasn't that ain't the same girl who we interviewed seven years. Ago but looks wise or, behavior, well the looks are the, same just so how she's. Talking What i'm wondering Sad it is kind Of it's.
Speaker 2: Very strange AND i could be.
Speaker 1: Wrong it's small sample size of, her just commenting on If, Bryce bryce And dishiambo likes being the villain or. Not you, know it's not that big of a. DEAL i saw.
Speaker 2: HER i saw her on a like you, know they do those celebrity pairing golf tournament, things AND i forget which golfer she was. With and you, Know i'd never watched her play other than those videos she. Posts oh that's her off the t box or. Whatever and, man she had a chip shot that really reminded me of some of my. Work oh as it, WAS i don't know about not a good. Golfer it's about fifteen yards, out she got it about five yards. Closer treason shouldn't make it long on the. Tour but she's, fine better than any of, us wonderful. Looking one more, time, man we have an action packed five o'clock hour with a special guest in.
Speaker 1: Studio It's. Spage i'm paraty. Starting, sorry what.
Speaker 2: Page i'm melting down Page, sparanak who is here for The Byron nelson geez on party.
Speaker 1: Star this is pretty, incredible twenty fourteen on this. Day may not there's actually THE Nfl draft. Day believe or.
Speaker 2: Not and go take cover because guys are getting breaking news that a window just shattered on the twelfth floor out of our.
Speaker 1: Studio, actually there's like an outer glass right outside the window that shattered out. THERE i just took a picture of it and tweeted it at kt Fun tweets if you want to see the. Picture this is the weirdest Circumstances i've ever been on the. Air and we were sitting here trying to do an, interview and everyone else in the studio was jumping, up, screaming freaking, out running. Around we're, like what is? Happening and there's no lights on in.
Speaker 2: Here so basically WHAT i think just happened and IS i Think bassett came on the air and Said John daniels created a tornado and shattered a. Window this is the weirdest BROADCASTING i think anybody's ever.
Speaker 1: Done apparently we were told THAT i think there was a tornado.
Speaker 2: That was close to.
Speaker 1: Us, yeah hit that. Window you can feet away from hit the, window but it definitely shattered that. Window, now why are there other people on this floor not on the, air that are just hanging out out? There what are they? Doing they were pouring what are the studio? Evacuating going? Downstairs we were on the top floor of this. Building that's the worst place to. Be they were pouring into the, studio going are they on the? Air are they on the?
Speaker 2: Air, yes even though there's no power and all the lights are out and a tornado just hit our.
Speaker 6: Building you hear the alarms in the. Background, yeah that's. Insane we never.
Speaker 1: Left we stayed in that. Room they sent us into another room because they had a generator to get the building going again or. Something there's some crazy stuff going. On, yeah and then we had to go to another floor and a lot of our show was probably lost from that.
Speaker 2: Day you know What i'd forgotten about is when we first got there and we were up on the twelfth. Floor How BIG b had designed it so it was one long, hallway remember.
Speaker 1: That it was like being an.
Speaker 2: Amaze oh, yeah, YEAH i mean.
Speaker 1: That That, yeah that floor. Sucked, yeah not a big, deal which you could go out on the, roof which was. Fun, yeah and you could pee and look down at seventy five. Mark. You've ben called it his favorite bathroom of all. Time, yeah all, Right Mother's day Is. Sunday you guys Got Mother's day? Plans, yes, yeah, YES i.
Speaker 5: Just Said i'm going to foury tomorrow all hang out with my mom For Mother's.
Speaker 1: Day what are you gonna do for, Cat? Ben we're do a family dinner okay Where i'm not. Sure you're not gonna take her to a spall or anything like you've done in the.
Speaker 2: Past she wanted to go to one plant like there's LIKE i still have two small, kids reasonably that it's hard to figure out what they want to.
Speaker 1: Eat so, yeah they're all going to figure out where we're.
Speaker 2: Going well that makes.
Speaker 1: Sense this is from the, past And ben was detailing His Mother's day plans for his wife this weekend For Mother's, DAY i decided to take my wife out to a hotel and let her sleep, in get a massage or whatever facial and.
Speaker 2: That's kind of a surprise tour of A Father's day. Thing so we're had a nice. Hotel brendan's THE mvp of this his first little squirt, laugh the very first one squirm.
Speaker 10: LAUGH i.
Speaker 1: COULDN'T i don't, know, no go, back go back to the very first. One this weekend For Mother's, DAY i decided to take my wife out to a hotel and let her sleep, in get a massage or, whatever Facial and that's kind of a surprise tour of A Father's day.
Speaker 5: Thing tell, Me i've noticed that.
Speaker 2: One so nice.
Speaker 1: A bunch of children we. Are there's so many like little laughs that are grouped and everyone else is kind of out of the way of.
Speaker 2: Them it's.
Speaker 1: Amazing so there you, Go Happy Mother's day, Everyone good job out. There well are you going to drive out To ony and see your? Mom i'm going in next, weekend so so post. Mothers, YEAH i got. It next weekend one of the niece's.
Speaker 2: Birthdays so what are you gonna do while you're neglecting your mom On?
Speaker 1: Sunday, Dude tomorrow is pretty pretty wild at The turner, house AS i will be pulling. Weeds, oh it's become a bit of A Jurassic park situation out.
Speaker 2: Front oh do you get a note from the.
Speaker 1: City, No, no but this is it's it's been, time which the weather has been very, tough And, mike, Go, god why is the spring just seen As hey, everyone you got a free. Weekend we're gonna book it up for you real, quick like twelve weekends in a row of crap to.
Speaker 3: Do.
Speaker 2: Yeah so it's, like you, know you know what, man it, is you, Know Midish, may and so me and the wife talked about. This WHEN i get, home we're going to clean the. Garage oh my, god because it. Sucks but it's like it's only going to get. Hotter BUT i was sitting here, THINKING i swear To god five years, ago you couldn't do that In, may. Dude and what really sucks about that is LIKE i feel the same, way like our garage as a. MESS i should be able to make my kids do. It that's all my dad. Did, yeah he busted our. Ass we went out there and cleaned the.
Speaker 1: Garage christina broke my brain before the. Show, christina what's the temperature going to be next? Week Next?
Speaker 5: Wednesday, guys the high is ninety. Nine.
Speaker 1: God that can't be good for our allergies for it to shift like. That days like today are, fleeting.
Speaker 2: Dude back in the, day my dad had a giant in his garage a giant wall of that peg, boar and every tool had an outline of, paint so you knew exactly where to hang it when you were done with. It perfect, Son get out there and do that. Thing and when you're, done hanging back on the peg. Board, yeah all. Right i'll never forget the time That kat was trying to Convince christina to spend Her Mother's day weekend doing yard work with.
Speaker 1: Her he looked her dead in the eye and he, said just letting you, know starting, Tomorrow i'm gonna start coming into work with the mindset of a.
Speaker 2: Champion and that got her fired up to do her night. Shift what she's gonna do? Next right here on ninety seven point won the. Eagle here you, going, Well i'm gonna get my sack, back, Dude god Bless.
Speaker 3: Jesus