Speaker 1: Hey, y'all, enjoy this bonus episode. This is an interview I did with Olivia Plath last week. And as you guys know, I have covered every episode of Welcome to plast Bill, and I believe this is my fourth time interviewing Olivia. So enjoy this episode. And if you want to hear all the Welcome to plast Bill recapped, head on over to Pink Shade Prime. The link is in the show notes. It is on the five dollars a month level. Hey everybody, welcome to Pink Shade you guys, it's a treat. It's a treat. It's my friend here. It's Olivia Marie Plath.
Speaker 2: Many.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: How many times have I been on now? Is it's like four?
Speaker 1: I think this is four.
Speaker 2: Look at that. I'm basically a regular.
Speaker 1: You're a regular. You could come on anytime. We always want your your hot takes. Now, I told you right before we started, you were talking about roadwork and I was talking about dogs barking, And just right on, cue, the dogs are sparking.
Speaker 2: Just give it a second. The dump truck is going to pack up.
Speaker 1: Listen, guys, we're city folk. We're city folk. Okay. Now, the current season is on a platfem. Are you watching any of it? Have you seen any or are you just like seeing the clips.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen any episodes. I've seen a lot of clips, either they're landing on my algorithm or people are tagging me in them, or my friends are like, did you see what was said about you? So I haven't watched episodes, but I've seen quite a few clips from the season.
Speaker 1: Well, the episode that is on Tuesday night and this year this interview will come out tomorrow on Wednesday. Wow. If you thought Veronica was an asshole before, boy does she really really ratchet it down on that being an asshole. She's really really leaning in. And I didn't want that to be the case, Olivia. I wanted her to not be a jerk. I wanted her to be just sort of trying to expose the family, trying to fight for her relationship by making my casie that he can't stay with so close. But no, she's just she's just become a real asshole. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's really tricky because when I first reached out to her, I had never met or didn't know anything about her as a person, and I was just genuinely concerned about her, and as she kept reaching back out to me and wanting to talk through things and compare experiences, I was being told by people around her like, yes, she does need support and is being treated poorly, but just be careful, just you know, watch your back and just be careful what you say because everything will become a screenshot and a receipt YEP, a receipt. And so I was like, okay, and I tried to be careful. I was trying to toe the line. I'd never met her, so I also didn't just want to take everyone's opinion of her. I wanted to kind of give her time to prove who she was. And the more time has gone on, the more I'm just like, two things can be true. We can both have been treated poorly by this family that doesn't like anyone who doesn't share their same DNA. Yeah, and you participated in it, you engaged in bullying other people, and genuinely like, are not a very nice person, And those two things can be true at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's rough. It's rough. I mean on this particular episode. I'll just tell you this particular episode that we will have seen on Tuesday night, when the last episode she's been she talks down to Micah. You know, she basically calls them stupid. She'll he'll say, you're talking down to me, and she'll say, like, you deserve it because you're not intelligent. I'm like, okay, so why are you dating them? You know?
Speaker 2: That's the other thing is like I agree that their schooling lacked so much and set them back in life, and yeah, they could do a lot of internal work of gaining tools for their toolbox and emotional regulation and just you know, understanding of how the world works.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But if you feel that way about someone and you think that they're that dumb, why are you dating them and with them?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is it just to have somebody to be mean to? I don't. It's now this particular episode is where she starts just continually calling Tigan a slut. That's the word she's using, slut. And you know, Mike is like, she's got in her mind that Teagan has an only fans and for some reason that's an issue with her and decides to call her a slut. And this is kind of where I get the disconnect. Is like, let's say Teagan has an only fans, which I don't think she does. Let's say she does or she doesn't. Why does Veronica care about that? To then be like I hate her, You're not allowed to be around her, she's a slut, Like it makes no sense.
Speaker 2: I But what I will say is there were moments in my relationship with Ethan where I thought he might have cheated on me. And I say this as I thought, because I do not have proof of him ever going on cheating. But there were things. There were certain girls that he was very adamant he had to follow or he would reply to all their stories, and I was like why, and I felt insecure about it. And there were moments where he would go and want to hang out with this girl every time he was back in kro and I was like, I just I don't like her. I don't like the vibes here. And I would start to feel kind of insecure and jealous and be like, I don't want you to hang out with her. But so like, I get that part of Veronica having been cheated on multiple times by Micah, yeah, and letting that insecurity kind of like feeding that insecurity and wondering if it's okay for him to be around any girl, especially one that she considers, for lack of a better word, I guess, more promiscuous. At the same time, you can't say that you support strong, independent women. You can't say that you are a girl's girl. You can't say that you champion women like. You can't say all these things and then turn around slushame them. It doesn't work that way.
Speaker 1: But she has no proof of anything, you know. Another thing she says on this episode is, well, you know, Teagan reached out to Ethan online and basically stalked him, and she knew what she was getting into with this family. And Micah says, that has nothing to do with us. That's very relationship. Why are you calling her a slut? You know? It isn't enough. And then Micah says on this episode that Veronica said regarding Mariah, who she had the issue with, but Mariah was very gracious to her on this episode, like please come and sit please, we want to include you, Like, don't sit over here by yourself. She has said regarding Mariah, I wouldn't care if she got murdered by the drug cartel, and and Micah goes, and so the production goes. You know, Veronica says things that she doesn't mean them. He goes, yeah, but she still said it. Can you imagine, like, first of all, how do you get from A to B? How do you get from murdered by the drug cartel? But she said I wouldn't care she got murdered by a drug cartel. Regarding his sister.
Speaker 2: Speciless, Yes, wow, Mariah is someone that I do not trust at all, and I would never ever say something like that about her, about anyone, about anyone. And you know what, I'm not going to bring any politics onto your podcast. But this changes some things because Ronica has been on TikTok last night making comments about me everywhere because she's decided that since I said we're not friends, all of a sudden she's mad at me. And now all of a sudden, I'm thinking about the thing she was saying about me last night, and I'm like, wow, this changes everything. It doesn't change everything, but it's just like, huh, okay, good to know.
Speaker 1: Micah said, you know, she says the most horrible things about people. She resorts to name calling, and even in this episode, when she kept saying slut, Micah said, you don't have to do with the name calling, and she goes, it's not names, it's an adjective. Actually, you know she was saying slutty. She's like, slutty is an adjective. But she also says things like we're doing comfortable and cestpool, so she's not like the brightest ball herself, which is also annoying that she then talks about how stupid Micah is, but she does this like spewing of the hate like it's cute, like it's badass. She's like, they could just keep waiting. More bombs will drop on this episode, Tea getting Kaylin her standing over the side because their family pictures being taken, and she goes, oh, you know they're standing to this side because they're not family either. But let me tell you something, if they get into those pictures, I'm going to pull them down by the hair. My claws are out of their mittens. Like why why are you mad at those two girls who were just dating brothers in this like it doesn't make it? And he sounds like, why are you so worked up and angry? We understand she had the issue with Mariah, we understand she's mad at Barry, but the rest of it makes the recent And yeah, she says to Mariah on this episode because you know, even your mom. I wrote your mom and said, I don't want to sit with Ethan and Tigan, you know, Tigan being a slutin all, and I don't want to sit with them. And she said, even your mom wrote back and say, name six people you do get along with, and I goes, well, there's one for Kim. That's one for Kim. Also, what was interesting is kk Ken was at the wedding and just sitting there with the family, and you had the whole season.
Speaker 2: He uh, he's been around during the season. He just hasn't been shown. Okay, well, yeah, he was there for a bunch of things. I think that he's so loud and proud with his views that he's been kind of like just quietly, you know, not shown for things for that way they can escape backlash. But he's still there.
Speaker 1: He's still around. Yeah, because she said at the beginning of the season, like he's still around. She either said we are friends with benefit. I was like, ew no, she.
Speaker 2: Basically said, we're still friends and all we're just not hooking up. We're just like, first off, not true, and second, who freaking cares?
Speaker 1: Okay, I got right into Veronica. But I had so many questions before that. Sorry, I just had to that's.
Speaker 2: It's a bit, it's a bit. Uh, it's a head scratcher.
Speaker 1: It's a head scratcher. And now are you in touch with Ethan at all? Are you actually divorced at this point in time in September of twenty twenty five, the year of Our Lord.
Speaker 2: No, we are not. I I blocked him a while back, just because he was incredibly rude, and I was just like, I don't have any energy for this. I will deal with his attorney for getting divorced and I don't have to talk to him for this. In talking to his attorney, I had two requests. One was that it is a private file. In the state of Minnesota. Usually when you file for divorce, it is public and everybody can see your finances, everybody can see everything, and I just don't want that, so I asked for a private file, and his attorney couldn't guarantee that would happen. The other thing that I asked for from his attorney was that my address be kept from Ethan for security reasons. I do not want him having my address, and his attorney also could not promise that to me, and I was like, I'm not going to work with you if you can't do those two things. That feels to me like the bare minimum in a contentious divorce filing. So we will see what happens at this point. I owe his attorney an email, and I was out of town for the last month and haven't gotten back to him yet when he was requesting some information for me. But I don't really trust as attorney moving forward, and I think my best bet is to just bite the bullet and hire one myself. Yeah, the thing is like to file from, So if I were to file, I would have to have lived six months in the place that I want to file from. I moved to DC, I had a lease there for like seven eight months, and then I moved to Virginia. I'm a resident in Virginia now, but I've not been able to get my Virginia driver's license for six months because my name in the system was my maiden name, and in order to get a new driver's license in the state of Virginia improve my residency, I had to prove when I changed my name, and the State of Georgia took three months to send me a certificate of my marriage license so that I could actually take that and improve it. So I did den view appointment yesterday and I officially got my Virginia driver's license. And it's just, honestly, it's like one long step at a time, and the hardest part of it is just all the paperwork and little details. But we are on the to getting officially divorced.
Speaker 1: So the season has eleven episodes. We're on episode nine, which aired on Tuesday. There's two to go, so I'm assuming they're bringing Olivia Plath in for the big finale. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I regret. I regret saying yes to filming with Ethan one more time, but I did and it'll show.
Speaker 1: So y'all, what's the hardest thing about hitting your protein goals? For me, it's breakfast. I'm always trying to figure out a protein packed breakfast because there's so many days when I know I'm not going to be able to grab lunch. So let me tell you, Tropical Smoothie Cafe helps me hit that protein goal every morning while staying on Tropic time. At Tropical Smoothie Cafe, it's super easy, breezy to get your morning protein. My favorite part is you can order a head in the app and you can do it online and you grab your high protein SIPs and bites even faster, you guys, I love the app. You could go get my husband's favorite, which is the Peanut Paradise Smoothie with twenty two grams of protein, and you could add more good vibes to youre SMOOTHI. You can do almonds, spinach, kale, chi, se, ginger, or supplements like Energizer. My personal favorite is the Sausage egg and Cheese Dia, but there are also amazing choices like Peebe Protein crunch Bowl, the mixed berried Greek yogurt bowl, or the All American rap. You guys, on the way home from the beach, we stopped at Tropical Smoothie in North Carolina and I got two of those sausage, egg and Cheese I dias for me and my son. We love them. It's just so good. So make every day I get away with the bold flavors and better for you pairings only a Tropical Smoothie Cafe. Order ahead, take the scenic rout and earn rewards with a Tropical Smoothie Cafe app. Download it to day tropical smoothie cafe. You're on tropic time now. Now here is a is a right turn something that we have noticed a lot on. This really ramped up since Lydia and Zacher together and we're having this kissing situation leading up to the wedding. Very makes so many sexual comments about Lydia. Is this something that is familiar to you? He constantly refers to them having sex, and this week when they had their first kiss, he literally is like, oh, yeah, get in there, let's see some tongue. This is his daughter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know. Unfortunately, the world that I grew up in, the fundamental Christian world, places such a high emphasis on sex. Whether the message is abstaining or not, it's still a high emphasis on set the topic the topic of And as an adult, I look back now and I am able to see all of the ways that my dad and my brothers sexualized me that I couldn't see when I was in that world. Even something as simple as my brother's saying, don't wear a tang top because you're going to defraud me and make me stumble. And as a girl growing up in that world, it was like, Okay, yeah, if I wear these things, men will stumble if they see my body as an adult, I'm like, that was my brother. Why would you ever think about me that way? The same thing with my dad. I remember when I hit puberty and I started filling out. I hit puberty late, and my gross spurt was very, very quick. And I remember we were going out to an event one day and I guess my shirt was like an umpire waist tied too tight, and my dad sent my mom to see if I'd stuffed my bra because he was like, I don't think she's that big. And as a girl, when my mom came up to me, he was like feeling my bra. I was like, did you put anything in here? Dad wants me to check. I was like no, Why would I ever do that as an adult. I'm like, that's so creepy that my dad was looking at me that way. But unfortunately that's very common in the Christian fundamental world. They placed such a high emphasis on sex and purity and all of these things that when that's what you're consumed with, it makes sense that it comes out in all shapes and forms.
Speaker 1: It's so strong and yeah, this week, when he said let's get in there, let's seed some tongue and all this, and it's so strange. And Kim, in her skirt in the kitchen preparing for the wedding, said, you know, I don't know why Lydy and Zach have to get married, and Ethan says, they just want to fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: First of all, Ethan said that about his sister to his mother.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh gross, yes, they That does not shock me at all. I was very familiar with him saying things like that.
Speaker 1: Well, we've all we're always like Ethan as a twelve year old horny boy at all times. It's so gross the stuff that he says. And Ethan even says, you know, because he's said many many times that Zach is gay. He says, look, you know, he does this whole thing, which I thought about you the whole time. I'm sure many people the problem with gay people. Listen, people may not believe in me, but I have no judgment on gay people, he says, you know, and I really hope they have a very passionate sex life filled with desire from both sides. I was like, that's your sister.
Speaker 2: When I was a weird thing to say. When I was with Ethan and he was obsessed with sex and anything like that. Again, it was normalized to me because of how men are in the fundamental world, and I didn't think much of it. As the years went on, every time he would like tell a story to camera or things like that, I mean, he had some famous stories, infamous stories he told throughout the seasons of things sexual stuff, and I would always be so embarrassed, but I would kind of laugh it off because I was like, I don't really know what to say. This is Ethan, like, this is what gets him views people like this. The producers always thought it was really funny, and so I would just kind of laugh long and I was embarrassed. Now that we're not together and I see him do these things, I see it differently. I just I can't believe that I ever just kind of let that slide and thought it was normal, whether it was him talking about him disturbating in church as a child or things like that. Now that I see that he's drawing his girlfriend naked and think that thinks that that's funny, or making comments about his sister's sex slave, I I can now see it for being as creepy as it is, And I know now why I was so embarrassed when I was younger, even if I didn't have the words for it.
Speaker 1: It's interesting too because there's a scene where after the engagement, Micah and Ethan pull Zach to beside and they're like, do you want to kiss her? Are you gay? Are you interested in women at all? And Zach's having to sort of explain himself. Micah, you know, kind of does the like we have a lot of gay friends, and I don't have any problem with gay people. But it's like, okay, but he's marrying your that's not the point. The point is not whether you have gay friends. It was so awkward, but you know, Ethan's like, you know, I'm a I'm a man, and obviously you know men like to fuck their women.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Basically it's like do you want to fuck my sister? It's just so you're like the gross, like you're talking about your sister sex life like gross.
Speaker 2: Also, he didn't the last year that we were married, he refused to be intimate with me because he said he refused to be intimate with someone who was opposing political views to his. So I don't really know why he thinks he has a leg to stand on there, but.
Speaker 1: Well, we talk a lot this season about his jeans being pulled all the way up into his balls. We're like, why, why, why are you now put your jeans up so high and why? Anyways, that's a topic coy.
Speaker 2: I see when people ask me, like, so, this black shirt and jeans is his uniform, right, Like he never picked it off. Is this what he wore when you guys were together? And I'm like, no, he had a different uniform he wore then. But the funny thing is I went to one of the Minnesota cousin's weddings last year because they invited me, and I never saw Ethan there, although I assumed he'd be there. He apparently showed up during the ceremony. You'll never guess what he was wearing to this wedding.
Speaker 1: Black T shirt and jeans. Yes to my wedding, hiked.
Speaker 2: All the way up with the sunglasses on, never took his sunglasses off once even during inside reception and dinner, and then left like super early because he didn't want to be there if I was there, And I'm just he had a girlfriend at the time, and I'm like, okay, I lively life. I don't know, but maybe get a different outfit.
Speaker 1: This season though it seems really divided, right. It really is Barry and the daughters versus Kim and the sons. It's very weird how Kim's just like boys'll be boys, and it's so funny that they're trying to light fires. When Zach is trying to get engaged with oh, Ethan just he got mad and went off of his car. It's all very girls, Kim and the boys versus Kim and the boys versus Very and the girls. And even Kim approaches Ethan and Isaac at the rehearsal and says, later tonight, the three of us are going to confront Lydia with the red flags that we see. Yeah, this is the mother of the bride.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: At the rehearsal.
Speaker 2: It's really interesting when you see who Kim favors. It's whatever child will feed into her ego. So Lydia used to be Kim's favorite. When Lydia would tattle on the other kids, when she would confirm Kim's ego, that Kim was a great parent. It was just Mike and Mariah that were rebellious. It all worked out. Look at Lydia, and now that Lydia is still living that lifestyle, but Kim is different. All of a sudden, Ethan is Kim's favorite. Well, before Ethan, it was Mariah. When Mariah started going back and best friends with her mom, then it was Mariah because it was like, see, it was Mariah's problem along. Now me and Mariah are really close and Mariah can kind of help get Ethan back to the fold, And now we don't see Kim spending that much time with Mariah anymore. All of a sudden, it's Ethan. Also, Ethan is her favorite after being a stranger for many years, because Ethan now feeds into her ego, and it's to me. I think a lot of people miss that. But if you look at kind of the big picture of how Kim's witches favorite literally is whatever kid will help her do what she wants to do.
Speaker 1: And feed into her ego, it's such a great point. That's really really interesting. That's really interesting because you're right, all of a sudden, she and Mariah were so closed last year, and you're like, huh, Like remember Mayer, remember the one that you kicked out of the house at sixteen because she wanted to wear a tank top to the bowling Alley, like, you know, like what that's very very interesting speaking of that reminds me of the Three little Girls. I mean Amber now is sixteen and doing the makeup at the wedding, which was like Amber's like the new Lydia's like, not only do you have to be made of honor, you also have to do everyone's makeup. Do the three younger girls go to actual school?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 1: Still don't know, still don't attend school, even though now they like live in a house in a neighborhood and.
Speaker 2: The whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you know if it is correct what Kim posts this season, she has very come over and it was like, I really need help with the child support. You know, she has like a waitressing job. And he's like, yeah, that's tough. You don't have any money. That's too bad for you. Like he doesn't, And I was like, well, legally, actually he should be giving child support to those three kids that are minors.
Speaker 2: I mean, here's what I know of their finances, and this is based on a decade's worth of knowledge. But I have not been in the family for two years. Yeah, I hear things from extended family members or through the grapevine. But just putting that out there. Number one, Like, when before the show ever started, Barry was the only one with an income and a job. Absolutely, yes, Kim did have an MLM business that she made money off of, but still very very traditional, typical family money situation. When the show started, Barry gave all that money to Kim. Whatever was made off the show, Kim took and used that for various things, and she wasted it all. She would drop like fifty thousand dollars on, you know, something for the farm because she wanted to be a wedding venue that never happened. She would drop x amount of money on a dance studio because she thought she was going to be a dance teacher that never happened. And it's like financial thing after thing that she would just spend a ton of money on that never panned out to anything. And then when they started renting out all these properties, she also got that income. They split it. So present day, to the best of my knowledge, Barry still is working a full time job. Yes, has that income. He's also paying the mortgage on the house that Kim wanted to buy in kro when they left the farm, so he's now acquired that house debt. He's also paying the mortgage on one of the other properties in town that she wanted to buy. She's getting a huge cut from the show of what's made her and Barry split that now, Okay. She's also getting incoming rent from Airbnb properties that they have out, and she's working a part time job. The honest truth is she's not good at managing her money. Yeah, whether paperwork says Barry owes her something, I wouldn't be surprised because he does have a full time job. But I can say very confidently she does not manage her money well. And she is making money. She's spending on things like boats and airplanes and forerunners and qua I mean not for runners, four wheelers and quads and this and that, and trips and drinking and stuff like that. Yeah. And squirts, yeah, yeah, and squirts all the sports.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because you know, when she was saying to him, like, I need this money for the kids. I was like, oh, my God, don't make us now root for Kim. Yeah, but we're like, God, Barry, if you owe money for the kids, she should get money for the kids. Like it's we're always so torn and you know, we do this a lot. We're like, Okay, Barry does seem to be the more consistent, better parent, but like, don't make us, don't make us like Barry. He's at here like sexualizing these kids, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, I will say he does have the kids more than she does, but no, all right, So why.
Speaker 1: Do you think Ethan specifically regarding this wedding and Lydia and Zach? Why does he have so much for my knowledge just from watching this show. It's not like he and Lydia were best friends and spoke on the phone every single day, and he's really from what I could see, he hadn't praarely talked to her in two years. So why is he being such a jerk about the wedding and such a jerk about Zach. Yes, maybe it's too fast, but you've never seen two people more student to each other than these two, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I from a removed armchair diagnosis position, I think he's really angry that his marriage didn't work out, And it almost feels like he is turning around and doing to Zach exactly what his family did to me. And he's somehow things that I deserved it because he's rewritten history. It used to be. He would say on the show to everyone, like, you guys mistreat Olivia, Yes, and she's only trying to you know, do x y Z. And he's really everything now Now Suddenly, if I spent time with the younger kids because I was trying to manipulate them, even though I genuinely had a relationship and loved his younger siblings, and he knew that and loved that. It was only really his parents that I had the issue with. But all of a sudden, now I only liked his siblings because I was manipulating them. Like, he's rewritten history so much the point that he thinks I deserved what his family did to me. And it's almost like he's turned around and projected that straight onto Zach and is doing to Zach exactly what his parents did to me.
Speaker 1: Right, And then Veronica also tried to come in and billy Zach too. She was like, Yeah, here's what we're going to do today. We're all gonna not talk to him. Okay, Like how old are you? Like, it's just wild.
Speaker 2: I think she's stuck in high school. There's a reason why she identifies with Regina George and constantly lets everyone know that that's kind of peak high school mean girl energy. If in my honest opinion.
Speaker 1: It's it's yeah. And the thing about Zac is yes, Zach is a bit odd. And you'll see on the wedding episode they do a lot of giggling and jumping and skipping and squealing and you know what, he's odd, he's quirky.
Speaker 2: Then they'll be quirky together.
Speaker 1: But she's quirky too. Yeah, Yeah, Can I just ask one thing of you watch the actual wedding, just just that ten minutes, just that ten minutes, because there's a moment at the altar where Zach and Lydia sing to each other.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've seen the clip of this, but that's okay. I'd like to protect my hearing.
Speaker 1: It's this is another moment where Ethan and tigue and look at the ground. Veronica covers her face, Kim kind of does a grimace, and the only one closing his eyes and taking in the moment is Barry. But we're like, oh my god, in this one exact moment, we agree with Ethan Veronica, you know what I mean? Like, because it was listen, you cover a lot of weddings. You do a lot of wedding photography. Have you ever seen two people just break into song and sing to each other at the altar?
Speaker 2: Yes, Lydia's older sister when she got married.
Speaker 1: Stop the madness, no way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they sang in an entire song to each other.
Speaker 1: Well, Isaac said on the on the episode He goes it was a little cringey, and yet it seemed like it went on for thirty minutes. Yeah, Isaac's like it lasted thirty minutes. It was the listen.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't choose to listen to that, But I don't think any of them have a leg to stand on because they all think they're the world's best singers, and we've been subjected to that singing many, many, many times. So I don't know why all of a sudden they're cringing and Lydia's doing exactly what they do.
Speaker 1: Not one listen. And I hate to and again, I hate to ever be on Ethan's side about anything, but I feel like he's the only one I've ever heard that can maybe carry a tune. And you don't even agree with that.
Speaker 2: But I don't hear he can carry a tune. He can carry it tune. Yeah. They all have a very conflated view of their singing abilities. Yeah, so it makes perfect sense to me that Lydia chose to do that. That's all she knows. Her family has alwaysought they're the best at music. Why would she not do it out her wedding? Again, her older sister did.
Speaker 1: Well. Not to upset you, but you would you like me to play you a clip.
Speaker 2: You're trying to make me go deaf.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll just give you. I'll give it to you briefly. Okay, ready, take my mind.
Speaker 2: With you.
Speaker 1: That's the first one. The second one is Lydia and her roommate and Zach singing together because they just burst into song all the time.
Speaker 2: Here they go tuned up for me.
Speaker 1: Now, as you can tell from that, Zach and the roommate have better voices Olivia, and they carry that. But it's not cute up for you. I have it on my soundboard to play to torture people all the time. It's just there.
Speaker 2: I'm just a victim.
Speaker 1: You were just here and I thought, you know what, who would like to hear this? It's okay.
Speaker 2: When they used to record their family singing albums. I would be there sitting in the studio, like on the long studio days, just listening. Usually when a musician goes in and records an album, they already know their music inside and out, and they're playing their music to record an album. They would go in and learn their songs line by line. They would practice the line till they got it right, and then record that line, practice the next line till they got it right, and then record that line. Like they did not know their music when they went in at all. And I was always sitting there like, huh, this makes no sense. If you're recording an album, that's because you're good enough with your music that you're at that point, not because you're recording one line at a time and autotuning it. And they didn't even play the backing tracks for it, they had the studio do that. It just always confused me.
Speaker 1: So it seems like a waste of time. And the fact that they have studio albums is also bizarre.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Do you think, because I do, do you think that zach Lydia should just move away?
Speaker 2: You know, I think it is good for any young married couple to put some space between them and their families and figure out who they want to be together. And I don't view Lydia and Zach as any exception. I personally know how hard it was to live very close to the Plath family and just how involved they get in relationships, so maybe I would add a little bit more urgency to it. At the end of the day, it's completely what they want to do. I know that they want to have grandkids as soon as possible and be involved with her family, but I think that any young married couple should consider moving away after the.
Speaker 1: Way that the family has treated Zak. And then the night before the wedding, they pull Lydia aside to try to have an INTERVINSI with her about her husband being gay. The night before the wedding, they do this again, and Lydia brings Barry with her as like a backup because she knows that they're gonna it's Mom, Ethan and Isaac, the rage brothers and Mom, and then they confront Lydia to say like, he's gay, but they had him sit on the porch while they discussed it. I mean, the night before the wedding, and Dak's like, how can you have so much so little respect? For a wedding, much less your sister's wedding.
Speaker 2: It's crazy because Lydia is someone that they have consistently throughout her life overlooked, ignored, predified, made into the wark mule for the family, the surrogate for the family, like they have never once cared about her her and until she makes a choice for herself. Yeah, and all of a sudden, they're all up in arms about how much they want to protect her, and it's like, you've never wanted to protect her. And I feel badly about that now because when I look back at when I first joined their family, and even before, I would always ask Mica and Mariah to hang out with me because I knew that they wanted some independence and freedom, and Lydia would tattle on us all the time. Anything we did, she would go back and tell him. And this was even something that was me excluded a dynamic in their family. It would always be like, don't tell Lydia and Hosannah, They'll tell Mom. Those are Mom's favorite kids. And I look back now and it makes me sad that I perpetuated this structure even further of Lydia being left out and overlooked and ignored. I wish I had done more to include her and be kinder to her, but I am also aware that that structure predicated my time.
Speaker 1: Well, there was one part of the season where Lydia and Zach Go visit Veronica and Micah in in Boca, and it's very interesting because they're all they're all having drinks and everything, and I'm like, I didn't know Lydia would ever have a drink, you know, but there were it was like Veronica had a special drink and they kept saying like, well, for first they would say like because she's about to be twenty one, and then they would say because she is twenty one.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I was like, get it right, somebody, whatever's the timeline because I got her on my list is twenty. But she apparently was either close, but she was like oh yeah, I like this drink and stuff like that, and You're like, so now Lydia is cool, Like now, okay, please tell us that Micah is the one to be saved, because we feel like Micah is the one here that's going to be saved, that he's not joining the Rage Brothers, and they're what my co hosts Amy says that you know, eight o'clock every nights when they do their hate crimes. But it's like we feel like that's why they get at the wedding. They kept having to leave because you know, hate crimes start at eight. Allegedly, guys, it's a joke, but it feels like Micah is always the one to be like, hey, maybe let's we're just like holding out a hope for Micah.
Speaker 2: I think Micah's more passive as a person, which I think we see even in his relationship with Veronica Totally.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think at the end of the day, all he ever had was each other, and that's what they'll always go back to, and they're always going to pick each other over anyone else with a different ideology or who comes into the family or anything. I was telling someone yesterday on a different podcast that she asked me who I had hope for, and I said, look, I don't think I should ever play in the casino or the lottery because everyone I had my hope on like they've gone back. So obviously I'm not good at picking. And whether any of them she was differently get out, I don't know the ones that I thought one didn't so I don't know that I'm the best person to comment on that.
Speaker 1: And the thing too, is with Veronica, like spilling all this tea and whatnot on social media is everything she says now we all have to give a side eye to because we're like, Okay, she did this huge timeline of what happened at the wedding, but we're seeing in real time and we're seeing for next week. Probably a lot of that's not correct. So she's also talking about Mica being a cheater with men and women and whoever. Now we're like, yeah, I do think he's a cheater. He admitted he cheated. But it's like, now are we gonna like not. You can't believe anything she says now because she's said so many things that don't now add up seeing on the show, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Yeah, it's crazy because again I do think she was treated poorly by their family. You also can't call someone a bully and then turn around to be a bully. No one's going to believe you anymore, which is exactly what's happened to her. Yeah, there are things that she has said about the family that I'm like, that's right, I know that. Yeah, And then there are other things that she has said that I'm like, I knew that family for a decade. There's no that that's not true. Yeah, Like why would you discredit your own message by embellishing or live or making things up? Like, why would you do that to your own record if you want to be believed?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I yeah. And again at the beginning, we were like, Okay, here's another woman that's going to come in this family and show it like it is. But it didn't turn out that way.
Speaker 2: Funny because she left me a comment yesterday and a TikTok. She left me a lot of comments yes to be on TikTok. She decided in the span of like a day that she hates me now because I said we weren't friends, because you're not.
Speaker 1: It's not like she's your buddy that you're calling her up.
Speaker 2: Or she was telling everyone on Reddit that we talked every day, and I'm like, no, we don't. But I was just kind of waiting to see how things played out, and I was waiting for her to show her behavior because I'd been told things but I'd never seen it confirmed, and I wanted to see from her directly. And as the season has aired and I've seen things from her. I started to put my like some distance between us because I don't align with bullies or bigots. It's just not who I am. She left me in comment yesterday on TikTok saying that I am the antithesis of everything that I say I am, and it's very comedic to her. And she said, I'm I'm always honest, or she said I'm messy but always honest. And I was like, it's not even worth my time responding to that, because we all know you're not honest. Yeah, we know that it's just not worth my time answering. But it's funny that she views herself that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I kind of go back to the whole thing with Teagan is like Mike says, she met Teagan one other time, everything was fine, and now she's got in her head that Tiegan has only fans and so she hates her. But he goes, but like, why why even if Tegan was the biggest only fans star in the world that have to do with her, why would that make her hate her?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And also, let's for a second entertain a hypothetical situation. Let's say someone like Tiagan was the biggest only fan star in the world. And let's say you caught your boyfriend watching her things and looking at that. Then you have two choices. You can either talk about how in your relationship it's okay to view that kind of thing, or it's not. And if it's not, then you walk away and break up, Like you give that person a chance to like, Okay, we're not okay with this, don't do it again. If it's a repeat offense, then you walk away and break up. Like why would you say? I will never accept this behavior. But the way that you handle that is you can never talk to this person again, and I'm going to control every move, Like just just walk away, just.
Speaker 1: Break up, Just break up. She clearly thinks he's an idiot and not you know, in beneath her and all this. And then she even said in that same therapy session where she said the family was assessed, well, which is not the correct word, she said something about the golden rules. She said, I believe in the Golden rule. You know, you treat me nice and I'll treat you nice, and if you don't, I won't treat you nice. And and Mike goes, yeah, it's like in the Bible, you know, basically like treat others with respect, or treat others as you would treat your neighbor as yourself or whatever. And she just laughs and looks at the therapists like he's so stupid. The Golden rule is in the Bible, oh my god.
Speaker 2: And I said it was one of the ten Commandments, and that's not true.
Speaker 1: But love your neighbor as yourself is in the Ten Commandments, which is the same as treating other people with the same respect you would want them to treat you. Yeah, I and he's not completely wrong, but she's such an asshole about everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, love your neighbor as yourself. I don't think it's in the Ten Commandments. I think that's a command that Jesus gives the New Testament, where he says love the Lord or all your heart, someone and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself.
Speaker 1: Okay, so by the way, you would know more than me.
Speaker 2: Right. I had a sorry, I mean to be like right condescendingly. No, No, I had I had a chuckle when I heard Mica say that, because I was just like, it's always the people who use the Bible to justify how they treat other people that don't actually know what's in the Bible. So I had a chuggle when I heard Mica say that, But then when I heard Veronica's response, I was like, Okay, but it's one thing to be like that's not the correct accuracy. It's another thing to belittle someone and like treat them that way for it. I had a chuckle because I was like, that's not right, and if you claim to be a Christian, like, how do you not know that? And then but like I why talk to him that way? Again? Like I don't understand hating someone so much that you treat them that way and yet you still want to be in a relationship with them. Yeah, if you hate someone that much, break up with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Which I don't know if this actually I don't. I don't think that this will air in this season. But in one of the conversations I had with Veronica on the phone, she told me about mike A cheating on her, and I said to her, I was like, Veronica, plaths aside, why would you stay with someone who treated you that way? Right? I don't care if it's a Plath or not. Why would you stay with someone who treated you that way walk away, it's not worth it.
Speaker 1: But this episode I kind of got the feeling because she curls his hair before the wedding. It's this whole scene of her curling his hair, and his hair did look amazing at the wedding, but now we know why, and it's a whole thing about he's like, look at me, and she's like, oh, you look like a porn star. And you see kind of like a cute moment between them where they seem kind of like hot for each other, like for just like four seconds. And then in the car, you know, she says, I think we look good. We give off good vibes, which I'm like, the last thing you go off is good vibes, you give off villain. But she goes, I think we look good. He goes, our hair is curled, we look good, And I go, maybe this is sort of their thing. We're both good looking. We walk into her room and people are like, WHOA, look at that stunning couple. Like maybe that's sort of what they built their relationship on. And so she that's very important to her to be like, look out, we're both very attractive. Because I just like trying to find a reason that she likes him, you know, other than he's good liking.
Speaker 2: My first impression of Micah and Veronica was before they were like officially officially together, I guess from Mike's point of view, from Veronica's point of view, they were together. And this was before Ethan and I split up, and Micah told Ethan that living in la was becoming too expensive for him and he was thinking of moving to Florida to moving with Veronica. And Ethan was like why, Like you don't really know this girl that well, like why are you moving in with her? And Micah literally told Ethan, well, if I live with her, I don't have to pay rent and I'm kind of broke. And so that was my first thing where I was like, so, Mike is just using a girl. And then when I saw the relationship, I was like, I think they're both getting something out of this. I'm not quite sure what, but I think it might be mutual. At the end end of the day, I really did wish well for them, because I don't want to wish ill on anyone else's relationship. Yeah, I really hoped that they'd be able to like figure it out and make it work, but.
Speaker 1: Well for the timeline of this wedding situation. You and I had talked before, and you were like, kind of, here's my interesting for my sources, and then what she's saying kind of does in align with my sources, and I guess we're going to find out more next week. But I've been saying all along ago. My understanding is that I got from you, which is the whole thing started because she called Kaylin a slut. All we've heard the whole entire season is her bad mouthing Teagan to call on Teagan a slut, So I was like, oh, I wonder if like that got twisted, But no, what happened is that she saw Isaac and Caylen walking with Micah and yelled out to Michael, why are you with that slut because she thought Kaylen was Teagan, And then Isaac didn't take kindly to his girlfriend being called a slut.
Speaker 2: I didn't know the details. I knew that a producer told me she called Kaylin a slut and that's why the boys fought. And then when I talked to Veronica and I this is the last phone conversation we ever had, she called me after her and Mike ha broke up that day at the farm. I was like, they all ganged up on me, which is, well, I've seen some of the footage that the whole family like sat her down and they did gang up on her, and like, I can admit that she was backed into a corner then, yeah. But also I told her, I was like, well, I've been told that you called Kaylin a slut, and she didn't deny it, and I was just like, Veronica, I will never condone slut shaming a woman, like, we don't insult woman that way.
Speaker 1: And she said it in the last episode. I bet she said the word slut twelve times. She said it over and over and over. And Micah said, Veronica is walking around giving out the vibes like ooh, there's a slut in air midst and even Mike is like, I mean, and he goes and I don't understand why she hates her so bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when when you and I talked back before like all of this stuff started coming out, I think I remember telling you at the time. I could be wrong, but this is just what my source said that she called me, and I didn't realize it was because she mistook them.
Speaker 1: She mistook them because they do look exactly like people are fingers crossed for tiking because it seems like they unfollowed each other on Instagram or something, or people like fingers crossed. The teaking came to her senses. But I don't know. Yeah, I don't know Taylan. I don't know she's real country. But you know, I speak country, so I I interested her just fine. People were like, what is she even saying? I was like what, And they were like making fun of some words that she said. I go, well, that's how I say it too, so like like naked and said naked and you know, so Hoseana was at the wedding. They blurred her out, even if it was like half a mile away. It was the tiniest blur. But I mean, obviously she's blurred out, now does she? Is she also teen? Barry? We have to assume she's because the girls are seen Barry. I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I know that she still talks to a lot of her family and is close with them. I'm not sure who's included in that and who's not.
Speaker 1: They they talk so much about, you know, Zach's like I've met the whole family. Everybody in the fam. They talk so much about the whole family, the whole family. I have the whole family, but they it's like she's I put up a picture at least once a week and it's like Hosannah, like rip because I was like, you haven't met the whole family. We haven't seen Hosannah, but they actually doesn't exist at all.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that this makes sense to me because from season one, Hosannah briefly appeared in season one and then he wasn't on the show. And if the show is following your family's life and there's a family member who one lives far away, you don't see very often and does not want to be on the show, or is not included on the show, you wouldn't bring them up. You like, respect their private life.
Speaker 1: You let them do that.
Speaker 2: So from halfway through season one starting season two, Hoseannah was never a part of the show, and we all kind of became used to saying, oh, the whole family, meaning the whole family on the show, and she knows bar Away and she's the only one, so like it just kind of morphed. And I know a lot of people have talked about like that. They even forget she exists, but it's a natural like thing that happens over time when a family member wants a private life and everyone else is public, and you get used to addressing the public group and the other one is just kind of like you let them live their private life. That makes sense to me.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a little bit like this is throwing it way back to way before your time. But one of the first reality shows was The Osbourne about Ozzy Osbourne, and the sister was never on, and people are like, why don't they ever talk about this sisters Like she decided she didn't want to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're not going to talk about someone who who doesn't want a public life.
Speaker 1: But it just seemed like they would even be like, we're so happy but because a grand Banser here, my sister Hosannah is here, just.
Speaker 2: Like to be. But they just, I mean, the same thing for sharing photos of her on social She doesn't want her photos shared on social she doesn't want her four kids on social media, like, none of that. So it just becomes a natural thing when you're really used to leaving someone out of the equation that you just start to talk about the remaining equation as the whole well.
Speaker 1: I imagine, being that she was Hosanna in the highest and then there was Lydia that we imagined that she probably also turned on Kim since Kim decided to leave this lead this who she lifestyle with Kim.
Speaker 2: I knew her and Kim are not close like they used to be. They used to be joined at the hip. Yeah, And anytime Ethan and I would try to have a conversation with Kim about her behavior and things going on, she always had to bring Hosanna to be her back up. And I know they're not close like that anymore, but I don't really know the nature of all of her other relationships.
Speaker 1: Lydia and Zach were on one of the Dugger People podcasts, and it was very interesting me the language that Lydia used around her mother, because she would say things like I was seventeen when my mother left us, like things like that, and I was like, that's very It's interesting, right, It's like because Lydia was always the one Cinderelli in the kitchen doing all the work. And let me tell you something else about that you just said. That sparked something to me about Lydia kind of being a non entity. Right. The very first episode of this season, we have the two of them, the broke down Tony soprano, Ethan out with his cigar and his black T shirt, and then Kim with a terrible camera angle, and they're sitting in these folding chairs in the middle of the woods like total Hillbillies and the words of Veronica, and they're like, this happened, this happened. And Lydia, where nothing much happens to had something exciting happened. I was like, what a rude thing to say about your daughter and your sister like Lydia, who nothing ever happens with. Yeah, it's just like that. I really listen. I just wish that Lydia and Zach would move away and start their own life and be near his family, which seems to be much more functional, and she doesn't need to be around these people that openly or calling her husband gay and making fun of him and not supporting their marriage. I mean for her mother and the kids, for her mother to go just like Ethan said, they just want to fuck, and you're like, that is your daughter, ma'am.
Speaker 2: If Zach and Lydia want to make their relationship work, I think moving away is in their best interest.
Speaker 1: But they chose to move to Tallahassee to be closer to the family.
Speaker 2: Also to be on the show.
Speaker 1: Also to be on the show. Okay, so we will end with this. Last time I asked you these questions, I'm going to ask you again with different characters. Okay. Oh no, if you had to be on a stranded issland with one person from the show, yeah, I'm gonna give you the three people to choose far Okay. The three choices this time were Veronica, Isaac or Ethan.
Speaker 2: The Rage brothers feel like they could commit hate crime any day, so I'm gonna choose Veronica.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you think? But see last time, you based your your answers on who would help you get off the island, and you said, we said that Mica would be too busy doing selfies, and Lydia would be off singing in the forest, and somebody else. You said, Mariah would just leave you alone. And You're like, and I don't need their help to build a raft to get off this island.
Speaker 2: I mean that was when my choices were very much based on staying alive. With three brothers, there's no guarantee, so I'll take Oh no.
Speaker 1: No, no, they're taking you down first.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, sure, and it's two against one, so I'll.
Speaker 1: Go with Ronica. Now I have another last for you. I don't like to say Mary fuck kill because I don't think kill is nice, so I would say Mary fuck blast into space. Okay, okay, Ken, Barry Isaac. Terrible choices, but this is the game, Ken, Barry Isaac, Mary fuck send to space.
Speaker 2: We're sending all three of them to space. I cannot play that game, like, there is actually no way I can answer.
Speaker 1: That because it would mean you'd have to bang one of them.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna log off now.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, tell me what's going on with you. You still have your cute boyfriend Brendan. I do, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: I keep our relationship very private offline, and it works really really well for us. He's a very private person. Agreed to go on the show for a hot second to support me and said I don't ever want to do that again. So anyways, yeah, I keep our relationship offline. That works really well for us. But we're still together.
Speaker 1: Okay, And then you're still doing your amazing photography and I just saw you were all over you were like Croatia, Italy, France. I was like, is she working? She is she partying? Is she what is she doing?
Speaker 2: I have always loved to travel, and I do travel and nationally for weddings. I had a wedding in Italy. This year, I had a wedding in France. But on top of that, I've recently started kind of stepping into the travel collaboration space, and so I collaborated with a few travel companies this year. I went to six different European countries on one and then I'm going to Zimbabwe for a month with another.
Speaker 1: Yeow.
Speaker 2: It has kind of opened this door, this opportunity to host group trips with these companies. So I go on a trip first, I kind of see what it's all about. I create social media content for them, and if I like working with them, I can host a group chip in the future. So I'm currently getting ready to host a group trip. It'll be for next summer in Europe, and we're gonna announce all the details in like next week or so, and I'm super super excited. It's something that I never really thought of as a good fit for me. I didn't really realize that existed, and then the more I thought about how much I love to travel, how much has changed me as a person and contributed to my deconstruction and evolution. Then it just kind of made sense that I'd want to share that with other people. So yeah, starting next summer, I'm hosting my first group trip.
Speaker 1: That is cool to how many people can go on this trip?
Speaker 2: The one that we're going to announce first, I think has twelve squats open.
Speaker 1: Can can elderly ladies contend?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Any age?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I saw the one that you did. I think was Croatia, and you're like, I never thought about coming here, but everybody talks about how beautiful Croatia is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the one that I'm doing next year will be Northern Macedonia, Albania, Croatia, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Slovenia. I think I might have Montenegro. I missed one, so it'll be like through the Balkans. There six different countries and if that one books up, we'll open up a second one.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're killing it.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I'm genuinely so excited for this.
Speaker 1: And if everybody wants to find you and find out how to find out about your travels and all that, where can they find you?
Speaker 2: The best place is Instagram. My Instagram is Olivia Marie Plath and everything that I do is linked there.
Speaker 1: Do you have any comments for the people that say you shouldn't have the last name Plath?
Speaker 2: If they want it so badly, they can go down to the courthouse and change their last name to Plath. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think you know, if I was to get divorced, I would keep Mary paying Gilbert because that's just my name now, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I went through all of the hard work to change all of my federal paperworkover to change everything in the system to my married name, and I am not about one to go through all the work of changing it back to This is my identity. This is my adult identity, what I've done all of my business under. It's who I've become known as. If I were to go back to my maiden name, I'm not that person anymore. And for everyone who's like, well, then just come up with a completely separate name, like you have to make something up why last name? Last names don't belong to men? And anytime Ethan's like I mean not Ethan, that was a Fordian slip. Anytime people will say, well, that's Ethan's last name. You can't keep it. I'm like, it's not his last name, because you could go to the courthouse and get the exact same last name if you belong to anyone. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just see how long it took for you to try to get your driver's license changed. Think how long it takes to switch that stuff back. Yeah, oh my god, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not about to do that.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Well, everybody follow Olivia Olivia, me Marie Plath, and also follow me at Pink Shade Pod. Don't hang up, and thank you, Olivia. I'll always love talking to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me back five