Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six to nine The Games, Mike the Bulldog, Beyond You Jr. R. Mike the Bulldog Biocky Sports Page brought to you by Kauffman and Lynn. Good morning, Bulldog, It.
Speaker 2: Is a good morning.
Speaker 3: After what the Magic did to the Heat last night. The Heat named their home court last night after the great pat Riley. They should have named it after Pallo ban Cao. Okay, after what he did to the Heat last night. Magic absolutely obliterate the Heat in the season opener one, sixteen to ninety seven on the road in South Florida. Pallo scores thirty three points eleven rebounds. Of the franz A he scores twenty three points. The Magic just rolled in this game. They were up by I think they were up by thirty two.
Speaker 1: They blew it open in the third quarter. It was close up until then, but that third quarter just it was over after that.
Speaker 3: Man. Yeah, they outscored Miami about twenty one in the third quarter. It was the most lopsided third quarter on the road for the Magic since twenty ten. Okay, so yeah, and plus the Magic defense. Wow, Jimmy Butler one of eight from the field, scoredgeous three points. Bam Adebayo scorgeous nine points. The Magic are one of the best defensive teams in the league, and last night they were actually hitting there.
Speaker 2: They took a lot of threes last night. Yeah as well.
Speaker 3: They were eighteen to forty nine from three point range. I think they took twenty seven threes in the first half, which means they think they're gonna be a better shooting team this year. So and by the way, we can stop talking about Palo Bank Cara how he might turn into a superstar someday.
Speaker 2: The guy's already a superstar.
Speaker 1: Not only that, the Magic now own pat Riley Court at the CASA Center.
Speaker 2: It's not pat Riley Cort it's Palo Bank Caro Quarter.
Speaker 1: Dog. I have to admit there was a little let down with you.
Speaker 2: I thought you'd give us one of those how did that taste? Come on, dog? You run a rimp?
Speaker 3: Hey, pat Riley, Hey, Eric Spostra, Hey, Jimmy Butler, how did that taste?
Speaker 2: Huh? My god.
Speaker 3: It's the Magic's home opener tomorrow night against the Brooklyn Nets, so the arena will be packed for that. I'm really pumped up about the Magic season as you can take Did.
Speaker 1: You see that you can get lobster rolls now at the Kia Center.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you can get anything you want.
Speaker 1: So they rolled out about seven new different food menu offerings that are going to be available starting this Magic season and for events there at Kia Center.
Speaker 2: Man, you want to talk about upscale that place.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I was there for the preseason game the other night, and I and I was up in the sweet section just walking around.
Speaker 2: I mean, they have like the carving stations and everything. It's unbelievabw did you get up there? Dog?
Speaker 3: Uh, well, we had a we had a advertising meeting with Magic client.
Speaker 2: Ah okay, and he's pressed too.
Speaker 3: You know, well that press usually, I mean yeah, they usually don't even let the media up there with your media.
Speaker 1: Right right.
Speaker 4: That's We're good for you, man, Take that when you can get it. I guess, absolutely absolutely. I wrote a column in Today's Orlando Sentinel. I am declaring that if Billy Napier gets two more wins to get Bowl eligible, he should keep his job at least for another season at Florida. Before the season, that was the narrative.
Speaker 3: Hey, if he could just get Bowl eligible with the toughest schedule in the country, he should he should get another year. Well, guess what, I don't think the narrative should change. So we'll see what happens there. But you can read my column at Orlando Sentinel dot com. A little bit of controversy at UCF.
Speaker 2: You guys alma mater.
Speaker 3: So there's a player, Cavin Call Okay, Cavin call Popka High School. He was a special teams player at UCF. He wrote a letter yesterday that he put on Twitter, and evidently he's entered the transfer portal all right, but he didn't want to enter the transfer portal, he says in this letter. He said UCF forced him to enter the transfer portal. He really wanted to stay at the school. He just wanted the red shirt to save a year of eligibility. And UCF, according to him, said uh uh uh, you're playing on special teams. We decide when you're gonna red shirt and who's gonna red shirt.
Speaker 2: So they told him.
Speaker 3: To clean out his locker again, according to him, And so it's created quite the stir among UCF fans on social media. Of course, because UCF has lost four in a row. It's created more of a stir, like a lot of fans are going, what are you doing running a kid off? And I don't want to be you know, you see it probably handled this a little hand handedly, But this is the business of college football. It's been going on for years and years and years. Players get run off if they're not contributing or they're not that good, they get run off so they can fill the roster with somebody else what And he's trying to red shirt, so yeah, he wanted to. Yeah, he wanted the red shirt. And again this is this has been going on for years, but it's gonna it's gonna happen more and more because of the transfer portal, because of nil roster. Turner, don't think that Mike Norvell is not gonna be running some players off up at FSU this year.
Speaker 1: Hey, I know I agree with you on all points there. It is. It's just the facts of how it operates on the business side of things. I did see a new term being applied to college football here in the last twenty four hours. Well, retirement, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The quarterback in North Carolina State, Uh uh Carson McCall, Yeah, uh, yes, he retired yesterday because he has a history of concussions. I'm sorry Grayson McCall, not Carson McCall. He retired because of concussion issues. He had a serious head injury this year. He had won last year, and he announced yesterday Listen, I battled injuries my whole career, but this is an injury I cannot come back from. Therefore, Yes, he's retiring from college football speaking of the concussions to his back practicing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, he's gonna tree. You see what Tyreek Hill said yesterday. What do you say, thank God? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well essentially said, I saw two out there throwing these beautiful passes and it may be one of crap.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it.
Speaker 1: Maybe want to catch one of them.
Speaker 3: Hey, that pass looks a lot better than Tim Boyle's. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have Thursday night football tonight. Dog, We're going to be over in a Brevard County Satellite beach at the Sandbar and Satellite Beach ahead of the Vikings in the Rams game.
Speaker 3: Dog, I used to live in Satellite Beach right there, across from the Perkins. I lived right there.
Speaker 2: Go over and get.
Speaker 3: Yourself on the beach, yourself some pie, yeah, Tiger style. The Perkins is still there, hopelly. They're starting at six by the way, Yeah, with concert tickets and goodies.
Speaker 1: All right, come out and see us. Mike the Bulldog Beyonkey, host of open mic weekday mornings on adjacent to US on AM seven forty and FM ninety six ninety Game, and we appreciate you taking time from your show to join us here for the sports page each morning, Bulldog brought you by Kaufman and Lynd.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: You can listen to Attorney Jeff Kopp and his radio show Under Oath every Saturday morning, seven thirty on FM ninety six nine.
Speaker 2: In the game. You could catch extended.
Speaker 3: Versions of Under Oath on your favorite streaming platform.
Speaker 2: OO jr R, Orlando's rock station, jr R