Speaker 1: What's up, body, people, and welcome to Countdowns a classic where it's not my opinion that counts but yours. Hey, everyone, thanks so much for joining me for another huge episode of Countdown to Classic. And we've got a bit of everything for you today, all of our project Depoch, obviously the server that everybody's talking about that all of Countdowns getting involved in, and you can't stop pouring into the Guild and it's amazing to see more and more if you joined. By the day, it's turning into a real thing. But we've got sort of a serious side of the podcast and then a much more fun and lighter side of the podcast. So what we might do is, I'll start off with the serious stuff. We'll do the season desist at the top of the episode that goes for about an hour and a half, and then we'll do the much more fun guild related life side of things, the Kangaroo Court, all that stuff. We have a bit of fun with each other in the back half of the last sort of two two and a half hours, So guys, it's a long one. If you can't hear it in our voices when we are discussing this server, we are having the time of our lives. Guys, if you have been curious about this thing and you haven't dived in yet, I implore you to consider it. Come and join the guild. Just tell us that you know you're a long time listener or you know you know when we ask you for the password. There is no set password, Guys, We're just throwing it back to you to say something that shows to us that you're a listener of the show and you're in. That's it. But guys, look, please do enjoy the show and I'll speak to you at the end. Thanks so much. All right, So the bomb just dropped, you know, the big news has arrived that probably some of you were expecting. Blizzard is on the legal warpath and Epoch very much so now has a target painted on its back, much in the way that has happened with Turtle Wow. And then since we last recorded, and I wasn't able to talk about because it hadn't happened yet. Eva Look had the same seas and desist letter I believe sent in their direction, and that's interestingly run by the same people as Turtle Wow. So for a second there I sort of thought, oh, okay, maybe they're just waging war on this one developer or something. They're really going after them. But of course, a little a small part of me was like, look, I can kind of see the direction the wind is blowing on this one. Let's, you know, hold our breath and see how long it takes. And then we got the news just a few hours ago that the developers of Epoch have received a notably received deceease and desist letter as opposed to having a lawsuit filed against them, So they've kind of had not as serious of a legal step taken against them, but still, you know, a note one, when that letter arrives in the mail, you're going to perk up and take notice and go, oh shit, they mean business. So all this this stuff has happened, and people are going ballistic in the Countdown discord, all discussing what this means and what's going to happen next, And we were waiting for an update from the Epoch team, and then we got one and sorry, I'm just going to turn up my volume real quick. Bear with me one second. Very good, And so then what happened was we started hearing back from the Epoch development team and the Ascension team on what they were planning to do next. So what we got told was the Epoch team via Ktot's the lead dev and sort of you know, brainchild of all of this. He has said that, all right, I'm stepping out. Okay, I'm announcing to the world. Watch me say this. I am taking down what I can take down since I entered this agreement with Ascension, I will take down the Epoch website. I will, you know, stop developing Winki. At least that's how I read it. For Project Epoch. We're all out. Where done? You know, whatever Ascension done. This is un paraphrasing, but whatever Ascension does from here is on them. The original Epoch team is out. Smoke bomb. Then we heard from the Ascension team who said, okay, so as far as our side of the development goes, they did the Wolf of Wall Street. We're not fucking going anywhere. The servers will stay up. We will not only keep them up, but we will continue development for them. And they're basically saying to the player base, you can continue to play here and we will keep rolling on for I mean, the subtext was for as long as we can, but there definitely seem to be a sense of defiance in their posts that they weren't wilting and rolling over because of this season this letter. So that's where we are. That that's a very very you know, crude tldr of what has happened over the last four or five hours. So I'm going to open it up to the crowd here. I've really only I woke up twenty minutes ago. Guys. It's you know, just before seven o'clock in the morning here in Australia. I'm still sort of wrapping my head around all this. But you know, like I said, I was half prepared for it anyway, so I sort of know what I would want to say. But I'll open it up to the crowd, lads. I might start with you, mate, and you know, get you to kick us off and just say the simple question, what was your reaction to the news?
Speaker 2: Sad but not not surprised. I didn't think they were going to stop. Does it makes sense just to go after one private server? But I've definite had a lot of fun the server, and but I can't really complain because it's you know, it's Blizzard's ip, and they're a right to defend it, especially if they want one.
Speaker 1: No, I think it would be. So I'll just say, like one hundred percent, We're in the same position with te Wow, like the season desists letter, like all of this makes sense. Like again, one hundred percent Blizzard, you know, protecting their IP and my antswer If anyone thinks that my answer is going to fucking change from the massive legal rants, I just went on with t Wow because I happened to be playing on Epoch. You know, all the te wow enjoyers might be rubbing their hands together and going, yes, yes, now he's going to change his tune because his favorite little private server is you know, under the eye of sour On. Fuck. No, my answer doesn't change. Blizzard is still completely justified in doing all. This doesn't mean I'm going to stop playing, but anyway, we'll go on from there. Sorry I cut you off, lads, Keep going.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: I mean, on the one hand, it's it's sad because I'm having so much fun on the server, But if you're looking forward to a Blizzard Classic Plus, at least it showing I said the same thing last week, But it's showing that they're putting resources into and planning on releasing Classic Plus, not just planning release yet, but they seem to be put in resources and planning into it. So if you're interested in Blizzards Classic Plus, then that's good news I think for you.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, if I can just prod you and then I'll get to everyone else, guys. I want to hear from as many people as I can on this one in terms of Blizzard's Classic Plus. You know, the one interesting question that this raises I thought out loud in the discord recently and sort of said, you know, I did think this was a little bit maybe of a crusade against t Wow because, like we said, they got too big for their breeches. And I said about two days ago in the discord I typed out that I don't think and obviously this was a horrible prediction now, but I said, I don't necessarily think that blizz will go after Epoch yet yet. Being the key word I said, I think I think eventually, yes, absolutely, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Classic Wow team sort of takes advantage of the free R and D that they're getting via Epoch right now, Like they get to jump in there and see it, They get to see what people like and what they don't like what the feedback is. So I was a little bit shocked at the timing, but I guess it makes sense now if this is just the window that they've decided to do all of this. But also it does lead to the question with the timing, Laz, is there a small chance that Blizzard is cooking up something a little bit sooner than we thought with their Classic plus or do you think their C plus is still a year away and they're just knocking all this out now well in advance.
Speaker 2: I wish I had a I want to be confident until you give you an answer, but I have no idea I think, but I do think that the timing, I'll just try to getting their heads. I don't think they want people to get used to the server and having fun and formed, you know, for reason rate because once you're established you have a good time, you're less likely to even invest in time into your character. You're less likely to switch over to theirs. I know, for me, I'm having fun the server and they've lost. I had a Classic Blizzard sub from twenty nineteen to about January of this year, and I quit. I've quit my Supprissian because of the RMT going on there, and so.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm I might go.
Speaker 2: Back if for a classic Blizzard Classic Plus, I might not, but certainly if this, if they if there's no alternative, I'm more likely to go back.
Speaker 4: To a Blizzard server for sure. Unfortunately.
Speaker 2: And yeah, so I think they're going after that, you know, players like me who might not come back if there's a better alternative.
Speaker 1: Very good, very good. We'll love it enough, guys, I'll let you go back to tanking the BRD that we're watching live. Laz Thank you so much for trying to talk to us while doing that. Very good, guys, everyone else, Look, I might there's about twelve of us in this call, so we might trip on each other a little bit, but as best we can, I'll try, and you know, direct traffic key who wants to talk to me next about what was your reaction to this legal news on Epoch?
Speaker 5: I can respond a little bit to what Lazarus was saying as well.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, I think that he's.
Speaker 5: Really a good point that it does like increase the likelihood that we get a Blizzard Class at plus, which we kind of already knew anyway, But I feel that it doesn't speak well for what we get, and we get classid plus if you want to frame it from like how does it affect a Blizzard product, which is like you're saying, like this is a beautiful experiment in what a classic plus is. It's not a lot of people I did a lot of people playing it's a buggy mess, and it's still got us all excited and geed. Oubt like it was twenty nineteen again, so well, to be.
Speaker 1: Fair, to be fair, it wasn't, sorry, not so much twenty nineteen. But I was going to say, to be half fair. Wasn't two thousand and four a slight buggy mess as well?
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 5: I was like twelve, desperately coming up with reasons to go to my cousin's house to get to play it so could speak to it. But yeah, just just the fact that rather than treat it like I don't know, I think it was good, be that told it an ant farm or something, but treat it like an experiment, right, watch it grow, see what happens. Take the good stuff, leave the bad they try to show. That does not make me a confident for the next go round.
Speaker 1: Did apologies for the notification, guys, I will I promise I'll turn those off right now. In terms of the sound, let me ask you, Elmo, did the news effect your desire to play on the server at all? Did it change your plans at all?
Speaker 3: The highs and lows?
Speaker 5: I mean my plans. No, My plans are to kill mert Gill Warriors said, yet whatever, you know, the drop is for my next quest and continue STV. But I don't know. You know, I stopped playing Blizzard servers because they stopped offering things that I wanted to play, and I'm not gonna go back just because they kill my favorite server.
Speaker 1: All right? Who wants to jump in next? I'm looking at Axel Leroy Henrik's you guys, someone be brave diving. What was your reaction to the news?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, basically I just received the news like an hour ago, so I haven't had time to reflect upon it yet. But I'm not really shocked because, like the amount of popularity the service received in just the last couple of weeks, they were like bound to get Blizzard's sized upon them. It's sad because I'm having a lot of fun on the server, but like I think, at least for me, I'm going to go to the Captain's route and go down with the ship. So I'm going to be on here until well, if or when the server goes down.
Speaker 1: Very good, go for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm in a similar opinion. If anything, I'm a little surprised. I feel like they pulled the trigger a little too soon for their own sake. Just you know, we've talked about a number of times. It's just like this is the best kind of market testing they could do, right, and so to try, like we obviously have to try and kill it because legal reasons, But I just thought they might have waited another month just to try and get more data, you know, see what works what doesn't. Like we know the classic dev's listening on the pod, and you know, just getting even just us to play it and get that feedback might might help them. That's kind of what surprised me, just not necessarily the action, but the timing and the piece.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm genuinely I am genuinely surprised. Well, I mean, like I said, it's hard to like you have to put in that fair bit of weight of it's not completely unexpected, But yeah, I am still surprised, like you are. It's just on that legal point of Like, I don't know the answer to this, but a lot of people frequently do parrot out the whole Oh, well, they have to they have to pursue them legally because otherwise, if you know, if they don't do it, then they run the risk or that you know, they fall into the potential jeopardy of losing the IP or something. And I'm not one hundred percent sure that that's exactly how it works. I'm sure there's there is some element of like needing to keep people on their toes and whatnot, but like I'm I'm I'd need someone smarter than me to tell me what the necessity of pursuing all private servers are because, like Blizzard hasn't touched a private server in years. So I'm not so convinced on that they have to they have to, Oh, they have to go after all of them. If they leave one, it breaks some you know rule that I don't know about that you know, lets them lose their IP or the right to chase private servers. I'm really not so sure that's the case. But like Las, you're saying to me that it might be relevant in terms of damages and look that that may well be the case in terms of again, I'm still not super convinced because I'm I'm not as sure in court, Las, you'd have to tell me otherwise. How well the you know, submission from the other side going oh, why did you come after us and not go after them? And we you don't get to get as many damages from us because you didn't pursue all the bad guys. I'm not super convinced that is a relevant argument, Las. You'll have to tell me otherwise.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not either, just why I didn't say it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not confident all that, but yeah, it might be relevant to the amount of damages you can get.
Speaker 1: Well, but you're still only filing suit against that one party. Like in the Blizzard versus Turtle Wow lawsuit, Turtle Wow doesn't get to say, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, bullshit, you've asked for one hundred million dollars in damages. We say that should be fifty million because we're not you know, all of the problem. There are other servers doing what we're doing. Split the bill here, Blizzard, That's not how that's not how it works. It's Blizzard versus Turtle Wow. If they ask for one hundred million and they can justify it that that's the figure, you know what I mean. Like, I'm just not so sure that, oh, making other efforts in against other perpetrators allows you to jack up the amount that you're asking for, because you're putting up a much more you know, vigorous defense against you from from your IPS against your IP. But like, I don't know it just yeah, yeah, justifying damages is one thing, But I don't know. I'm just anyway, what I'm saying is I won't say I'm right on this one. Just my gut is telling me that, Like, I think Blizzard is within their rights to act or not act whenever the fuck they want, and act or not act against whoever they want. They can selectively pursue whatever fucking lawsuit they want. I think they absolutely could have stayed off of Epochs, you know, front Door on this one and still been just as that their their suit against Tea, where I wouldn't be affected in the slightest. But if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, someone smarter than me can wrect me on that one. If that's the case. So that's why I agree with Josh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's more of a business vision than a legal one, because I think they're afraid of just losing people Like ammos, you will develop habits and they have like their favorite momos, like people stay with them most for a long time, even like it's hard to get them to switch. Yeah, so they just might not want people to get to, you know, to use to Epoch are too comfortable.
Speaker 1: One thousand percent. And that's where you that's where you'll pull me back to that making more sense is it's not a legal thing. It's a business thing. Like you've said, Laz. People were raising this in the discord, and I do tend to agree that they might have marked this point in time as an important one because they're like, well, now that Epoch's actually really getting quite popular and solidifying its position. You know, it's it's ridden through the stormy waves of those first few weeks of launch and now it's a legit product and people are signing up, and you know, more and more people are fucking getting involved as they see that it's you know, quite people are experiencing the higher level content and reports are starting to come back that it's good. You know, this is how Turtle Wow grew from nothing into something. They don't want to let Epoch have the same level of bandwidth and allow that word of mouth to spread and get people rolling, because you know, these, as we said with Turtle, Wow, these servers are not you know, done within that opening launch window. It's Turtle how no one playing it for years, for like a couple of years, and it just slowly it was the slowest snowball rolling down the hill that gathered more and more players. Word of mouth spread and it grew into what it was, and I could see from a business perspective, Blizzard then saying, well, We're not going to let this fucking happen to Epoch, you know what I mean, And particularly given that they are releasing a classic fucking plus project, like we keep saying, you know, will it will wind up being the worst kept secret in gaming that this is what Blizzard is doing. They're entering the space as well. And I'd said years ago on the pod and all of you have pointed out the same thing. You're not dumb. We know how this fucking works. When they went against Nestarius, you know it's they get legally heavy when they are about to enter the market. They don't why would they allow for competition that is legally not allowed when they can just own the space, You fuck off all the competitors and go motherfuckers. Those are our subscribers. And I think you raise a really really good point, Laz in terms of once people start an MMO and they like it and they get their teeth sunk into it, they don't want to quit. That's a you know, leveling's a thing. Time investment is a thing. They've got characters now that they don't want to abandon. I completely agree with you that if they let people fall in love with Epoch, it will not necessarily be over but like that's a huge win for Epoch. When they've got something coming out in what we think will be a year and they're not interested in sharing any of that revenue, that's totally understandable. But like I said, still, I still it totally makes sense. And I don't know, I just thought that maybe maybe that the Classic team would have been in the ear of the legal department going like, just just hold off on this one for a few more months, maybe six more months, fellas, we just want to see what they're doing here. Maybe you know, obviously that wasn't the case. But like we say, it was only a cease and desist letter as opposed to a full lawsuit being filed. So take that for what you will, but I'll open it up to the rest of the guys. Anyone else want to extrapolate on the points that we've just raised here, Arcos, I see, sorry, So you go, Jordan and then Arcost go for it, mate.
Speaker 8: No, I was just going to say, you mentioned a minute ago that they haven't gone after private service for years, but you know, we don't know if that's true. It was just as seastant desist letter and the one that they sent after the the one that starts with an E if ever look ever, Look so they may send those out all the time, and we're just only hearing about it right now because people are paying attention and that the devs are more scared because of what's happening with Turtle, while that the privatory does don't want true.
Speaker 1: But I just I feel that the private server community is a very gossipy, loose lip sync ship's kind of one, and some kind of word would have come back about a letter being sent, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I just can't imagine like that warming for example, or Sension hasn't been getting these for years and just ignore them.
Speaker 1: That's a fair point. That's a very very fair point. Yeah, I shouldn't. I shouldn't sort of speak out of school too much when I don't know what the fuck the reality of the situation is. Of course, my friend, how are you?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm good. What's up?
Speaker 1: I'm better now that I get to hear your voice. My friends, Now, look you and your you and your little level twenty one warrior that you've been complaining about the level link process and saying this is all too hard. I only know how to zag in a raid, mate. How do you feel about all this? Well?
Speaker 9: I think it was kind of to be expected, right, Yeah, I'm always going to get something. But the response is what the response is? I think he's just covering his ass, right.
Speaker 1: That's that's very wise and expansive of you, mate, Thank you so much.
Speaker 9: I wasn't sure what you were looking for, I think, and anyone who was playing the service should have been expecting them to get a takedown notice in some form. They get it in a season assist latter forum and the guy who just you know what, three weeks ago sold his work to someone else has posted a note saying that he's not involved with it anymore. It's just textbook trying to wipe his hands publicly of the tent. And whether he stays on down the scenes.
Speaker 1: Or not, you're you're you're regularly wiping your hands of the taint, aren't you, ar Cours. It's just one of those things that needs to be done at times. Yeah, that's how it goes. Boys, Let's keep going around the room. Who hasn't been heard? Who would like to be heard on your initial reaction to this one?
Speaker 10: Well, I'd more like a question, if I'm honest, like, where did the Ascension team sit on this fence? Because I mean, if blizzards gone after Epop, but obviously they must know that EPOP server as are not host by the Epop team, So where does that go?
Speaker 1: He's Look, I immediately drew the same conclusion that it seems many of the countdown listeners did when they were discussing this fire text in the discord. Look, knowing what I know of which is probably very little, but no what I know of private server devs, and you know, if you're bold enough to spin this stuff up, spin this stuff up, in the first place, knowing that you know, it's not fucking above board. I just think that they're doing the the I don't want to call it. I don't want to call it childish because it's not childish isn't the right term, but I can't think of a better descriptor that they're trying to sort of do. Do you know the It's the equivalent of do you know the move that people do on Facebook that years ago? And I haven't been on Facebook in years, but I presume idiots still do it, you know, when you see those posts going around on Facebook or an equivalent where people write down the bottom of it like something about like I opt out of you know, any legal ramifications, or you are not allowed to take my private information. I here by say you're not allowed to do it, and all the boomers write this, do you know what I'm talking about? One percent? Yeah, yeah, I get those kinds of vibes from what k Totes has done here where he's kind of like he's putting up the big sign saying I K Totes officially drop out of development of this server. I will have nothing to do with it moving forward. We are not going to be working on this game, I will shut down the website and as far as you're all concerned, I don't exist anymore.
Speaker 11: There I said, the incredibly well crafted like like maybe he was responding to points in the season detissed letter because he's like, we're not gonna host service for any Blizzard or Activision games.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I did think it was a maze one two punch with the post from the Ascension devs afterwards that immediately was like, oh, no, things are fine, and actually there's tons of stuff in the pipeline that we're going to be releasing for months because that kind of gives them covered to maybe keep working on it secretly.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I expect. So that's what I'm getting at is I don't think those guys personally, if I had to bet money on it, I don't think those guys are going anywhere. I think they're absolutely going to keep working on it, you know in the quote unquote shadows as people say and just be like, yeah, fuck, you're not going anywhere. That's just what I would expect.
Speaker 9: The funny thing is that the Ascension that's a new development called Totski.
Speaker 1: Mister Snrub is now on the case. Absolutely. I like the way snrub thinks. Very very good guys.
Speaker 4: Just on.
Speaker 1: Anyone else's please speak now forever holty silence. Just on this first question of your action. Did anyone ride the roller coaster? Did anyone throw their PC out the window in anger?
Speaker 12: I definitely think that the Legal Department is probably not talking to the developers of a Wild Blizzard. I do think they kind of operate on their own, separate things, So that's why all the legal seas and decisions went out and to you know Everlook and Turtle and now Epoch. I think they just hit everybody. It was probably their plan to do it for everybody, and they're not going to be talking with the dev side of anything saying hey can we do this server but not this server? So I just think it's kind of coincidence, and mostly.
Speaker 1: I would tend to agree. I definitely don't think the big wigs of the Legal Department are waiting for the fucking thumbs up from Tim Jones on whether or not they can file a suits or not, you know what I mean?
Speaker 12: Yeah, And they're just doing the basic due diligence, like they don't have to go after everybody, but they have to show enough legal precedent that they are attempting to protect the IP, which is what c and Desist do. So it's just enough for them to say, hey, we did our job. We've been defending our IP. So that's what they probably do every now and then. Ascension probably has a stack of them already, war Maine probably has enough to build a house out of at this point. It's just kind of what they do. And I think that Cato's and Epoch just used this as their excuse to say, hey, we got the notice. We can now say we're done. We're you know, it's the Simpsons thing of where we're leaving the bar and we'll just go into the back.
Speaker 1: Very good. Sorry, guys, I am sipping a coffee while I'm doing this one. Okay, guys, that's that's the initial reactions. Does anyone I mean, I know they've already I know they've already told us this in terms of they're not shutting down. I want to know how you guys felt about your future involvement on Project Epoch. Did this news move the needle for any of you in terms of your personal time investment, which no doubt has been hefty to this point, did you all of a sudden get worried for the time you've put into the game? You know, a couple of people in Countdown, Look, don't get me wrong, understandably have said, look, that's it, that that's the the shot across the bow. I'm stopping my characters leveling here. And albeit it's only a couple of people, it's a minority, you know. I can't. I can't justify putting hundreds of hours into this thing when it could have the plug pulled on it tomorrow. I'm fucking out. I had the opposite reaction, where, you know, I put the old Wolf of Wall Street gift in the discord that you all saw, and I fucking meant it. I'm not fucking going anywhere. I am having the time of my life, and I'll talk more about that soon. But I really meant every word that I swapped back and forth with UBI on this topic, saying, look, if this thing gets killed tomorrow, all I will do is think about the fund that I had leading up to that moment, and I've had so much fun. I will not be holding a Viking funeral for this Warlock character. I don't give a fuck about this Warlock character. It's just fun experiencing this server and the new content, and those are the eyes through which I do it. Has this news changed any of your opinions about how you will approach this server moving forward?
Speaker 13: It didn't change my opinion on like leveling, but it does make me a little I don't know if nervous is the right word, but concerned about like what the sixty plus content's.
Speaker 14: Going to look like. I think they've talked about dropping a new road map, and so it's kind of sad in some way that it's like, maybe we're not going to see what the original Epoch developers wanted in game rating to look like.
Speaker 1: That's fair. Now, Tsunami, who's relatively you know, pretty clued in on all this stuff and has been following this project for years and has it completely hooked to her veins, she seems to think and take this with a grain of salt. It's only you know, Tsunami's not a dev or anything, but she's been, you know, right on there with the beatas and everything. She seems to think they've got content up to phase two already done, so at least in the short term, it seems we'll be playing the original dev's designs, you know what I mean. And you know that's if we are to believe that the original devs are gone and you know, old Toat's k or whatever, as ArkOS says, is not on the case. But I hear you, and I felt the same concern Lero. I was like, oh, does this mean once we get to BWL we are going to start to see a different dev's designs, because quite frankly, I've been on the show saying, whoever did all this stuff that we've seen through the Leveling experience is a fucking god te dev. I mean, don't get me wrong, there's there's a few little things that are nitpicky that clearly amateur work. We keep talking about the bizarre obsession with not putting in any reference to where to turn in a quest through all the new quests, and there there's warts but the actual quests that they've designed, the law that they've written, the dungeons that they've drawn up, the items that they've crafted, it's all fucking s plus here. So I want this guy making this content going forward. And if you then pass the baton over to some other person, well, I'm immediately going to say, well, it can only get worse from here. I'm not going to believe he can get the same or better. So I completely am with you there anyone else on this.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it does make me a bit nervous for the future to see what's going to happen. I'm obviously of the conspiracy theory that they're all still working from behind and behind the scenes, and you know, this is a nice curtain. So I don't think it's going to change much long term, but we'll have to see how the content rolls out. We see a big fall off in content or style change, we'll definitely know that, Hey, there's probably different people behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with mrco If anything, it's made me want to get through that not necessarily get through the content quicker, but I want to see as much of this new content as I can before any kind of shit hits the fan, because I'm really in Not only am I number one, first and foremost and most importantly enjoying the new content and going through that experience as a player, I'm also in the back of my head whether or not this is I mean, you could say whether or not this is fair. I think it's entirely fair. I am building a case against Blizzard for lack of a better term, in terms of this creates the bar to which to compare them against. And if I've seen heaps of content and Epoch, I can then play whatever Blizzard throws out next and completely have a solid comparative point where I'm like, well, yeah, I played a shitload of Epoch and I know what a good Classic Plus server can look like, and you are now being judged against that, And if you fail the smell test, then I'm going to go fucking ballistic. Whereas if I didn't play that much of Epoch, then everything I mean this might be part of Blizzard's ploy as well. If you didn't get to see that much of Epoch, or if you got scared away from it, then you're going into their version of Classic Plus relatively, you know, with with fresh eyes. You don't know what you know you could have had elsewhere, and so you may be more likely to view their stuff favorably as opposed to, Hey, someone else did this and they did it a lot better than you. So there's that angle too. So what I'm getting at, guys, I'll point people out here. Maybe now, Yack, let me throw to you if that's okay, mate, you might have been happily listening in, but I'll throw you in the fire here. Did this news change your you know, attack plan with Epoch at all?
Speaker 15: Not?
Speaker 16: Really, It's solidified the fact that I'm not going back to a Blizzard server at this point. It's Epoch has been so good that like, there's there's no other offering like it that Blizzard isn't already threatening. So if the server does shut down, and I agree, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think it will. I think Ascension is going to keep it going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, fair enough.
Speaker 4: If it does shut down, there's just no wow for me.
Speaker 1: No, I'm I'm in the same boat if if this thing gets unplugged, I'll I'll just stop playing well for a while. One, I'm not going to MOP I'm not going to Anniversary. There's no fucking way I'm playing TBC Anniversary any of that shit. I'll just I'll literally just go do some other shit for whatever amount of time. Having now played Epoch, I don't want to play anything else that is not the same, if not better. It's really you know you b and I threw around that term angry a few times during the last couple of podcasts, and in all honesty, the more I play Epoch, the angrier and angrier I get. Another log gets thrown on the fire with each hour that I go through Epoch, and specifically now that I am entering well into the meat of the game, where the new content has now been shown to me, you know, we said on the podcast, oh yeah, you know, it seems like the new content doesn't really truly fire up until about level thirty five onwards. That's one hundred percent the case for all you guys that are still leveling on Epoch, if anything, I'd say, really from like forty onwards, level forty onwards. Then you start to see all these new quests that they cooked up in every fucking zone, all the new towns, settlements, quest lines. It's all happening now. And even just since we last recorded on Saturday, when I would have been like level forty four or forty five, I've now since completed ferulous and tannerous, and you know, my jaws on the ground of just like again, we keep saying the line it doesn't take much to impress us, and that's what they've done. It feels like a lot and a little all at the same time. I mean, I look back on what I just did in Tanneris and I'm like, fuck, what are we talking here? It was like one new settlement and maybe I don't know, maybe ten new quests, right, like only ten new quests something like that. But it considerably changed the feel and experience of that zone, and I enjoyed it as much as, you know, more than I ever have. It was fantastic. Ferul Is the same thing, not quite to the same extent, but again, a smaller new settlement about oh fuck, I don't know, six or seven or eight new quests, but considerably changes that zone and smooths everything out. I am one hundred percent leaving zones, maybe before I've finished all the quests in them, because I'm just like, if I don't leave now, i'll absolutely out level the zone I want to go to. I went to Tanneris at forty nine, thinking, oh god, I've come here too late. I'm gonna out level this place. No turns out, it was arguably the fucking perfect time to go. Forty eight forty nine, go to Tanneris. I see all these people running around Tanneris at like forty one forty two and I'm like, what the fuck are you doing here? Like, go see all these other zones. You must have said this before on the show. You must make it your your quest, your job, your task to experience as many of these new zones as you can. And the the shitty but really cool thing is you're not going to be able to do them all, so you will have to go to the ones that you didn't see on an OLT maybe, But like as I'm saying, I'm just getting angrier and angrier as I do every new quest and go. That was really cool, That was really classic, and I had to figure it out or I had to engage with the community and speak in you know, Slash one to figure out what to do or get a hint if I needed it. It all feels like two thousand and four, two thousand and five, two thousand and six all over again, and nothing feels out of place. It's incredible, and I just start to shake, you know, the gift of the clenched fist, Arthur or whatnot, you know, just shaking it a little bit more at Blizzard as I go, like you you fuck as, you're killing me. You haven't done this. Sod was not this SOD was amazing, but SOD was not this. And if you don't do this next, if not better, you're fucking fucked. Anyway, that's a rant. Anyone agreed, disagree anything on that, I agree.
Speaker 6: I agree as well, Like this is actually the best server to level alts on. Like, if you want to experience all the new zones, like all the new quests, not new zones, but the revamped zones, you gotta level alts. That's your only option. Like, so, like having a bunch of alts on this service is going to be perfect.
Speaker 12: But that's the awesome thing. You could like have multiple playthroughs of this and have completely different experiences two, three, four times almost, it seems. I mean, that's just something I've never been able to do. In Wow, you kind of have to have the way you level is the most efficient way level, and there's usually no other way to do it but that and just gives you so many options to explore with different classes in the future that you could really just spend so much time.
Speaker 1: Bernstein, let me just jump in and say, like I wouldn't feel bad in all honesty, Like you're saying you recruited some friends from blizz servers to come and play Epoch and now they've dropped this news and you feel horrible because you feel like it's all going away. Mate, Just keep going like I don't see the problem, Like like they've said that they're not planning on taking the server down. I have Fuck you think you feel bad, mate, I've been producing a podcast for the last month that goes out to about four or five thousand unique players around the world that I've been screaming for the rooftop come and play this server. If anyone should feel the most horrible, it's me. And I don't feel horrible at all. I feel great. I have no regrets whatsoever about saying to people, hey, guys, there's this really cool experience. You should come and check it out, because I'm fucking right, because it is amazing. And all of you guys are saying, you know, yeah, Josh, we came and played with you on the and we have no regrets, like it's been in a fucking fantastic experience. And you know, I was just running around again in Tannerous last night, going like I legit, I am starting to feel chemical reactions in my body and my mind is pinging in ways that I haven't felt since two thousand and six when I first jumped on and played Vanilla. It feels amazing. It is like and that what we keep saying is despite the buggy mess that it is, and it is a buggy mess, you guys are right to say that people are a little bit of hyperbolic. I feel with the new quests. Don't get me wrong. A bunch of the new quests are not working, but a bunch of them are. And you know, I think people go, oh yeah, seventy five percent of the new quests aren't working. No, in my experience, it's probably been about about two new quests per zone are not working, which is frustrating, but like whatever, you go do the ones that are working. I don't get, you know, bent out of shape about it. There's a lot going on that needs to be fixed with the server, but despite how buggy it is, we're still playing and telling other people to come play with us, and like, for the the experience is overcoming the bugginess, and I think that says so much for this server. But anyway, uh, who else wants to chime in on this point of anger that I keep hammering home about. Do you get more and more pissy as you play epoch.
Speaker 4: I definitely do.
Speaker 17: So easy to.
Speaker 4: Control R and T. We've seen.
Speaker 2: All you do is just you ban people publicly, and you ban buyers for good. And then no matter no matter what the incentives are for bots, you don't have to you don't have to fight with the bars of the sellers. You just go after buyers and you publicly shame them and you and you ban them for good, and then everyone's scared. Everyone.
Speaker 4: It's a culture.
Speaker 2: Every nobody wants to risk it, risk it.
Speaker 11: I don't know if they can do that on the real service, but the hit of dopamine I get every time I see the little chat messages that's like this guy got.
Speaker 1: Banned inact Yeah. Yeah, it's so good every direct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm just going nuts every time they do it.
Speaker 1: It's great, but I'm like, what, why couldn't please do it? I know, we sort of. I appreciate that the hesitation going, oh could they do this? Like literally, if one server is doing it, I don't see why another couldn't.
Speaker 6: I think they would have to reinstate the Like gms, you.
Speaker 12: Would see so many chat bands and stuff like that.
Speaker 14: They don't want to to a money issue, because you can ban somebody in a free server who cares. You're not really losing anything. But you start banning you know, your jub there's there's a lot of your money gone, even if it is just you know, bot accounts or whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yes, part of it. No, No, I'm not talking about whether or not they would do it. I mean more the technical aspect of you know, Blizzard announcing it publicly on the server as it's happening now. Like you're saying, there would be too many and I mentioned this on the podcast before as well, there would be so many it would be unreadable. You couldn't flood chat like that. But there's there's other ways you could do it. They could also, like you know, not that they would, but there's always a work around. You could, you know, weakly put up like a fucking list of shame on your website of here's all the names of everyone control effort if you want, for everyone we've banned, you could have a separate chat channel in the default uy that for whatever fucking reason, if people wanted to, you could just scroll through and see who's been banned in the last hour. There are ways to do it, but not necessarily like ways that are very practical.
Speaker 12: Oh, they could absolutely do it they wanted to.
Speaker 1: But I do agree that, and we're going to do a really big podcast on this coming up in the really near future. Guys, I promise you the ridiculously positive effect that this has had on the server. There's there's there's three or four really big points about Epoch that we we scream about because we feel like Blizzard won't be able to do it. That makes Epoch successful. It's you know, like you just said, the active and very public humiliation of the banning of bots and hackers. That's great. The worldwide nature of the server, the fact that this is one region, one server. It's global, the server never sleeps, we're all playing together. That is like considerably in the service favor. Look, I'll get in a very very heated debate about this one day, but I still stand by this third point. The cross faction is fucking huge for this server. It is one of the biggest one of the other big reasons it is succeeding so well. You know, people want and UBI is one of them. And I think that just quietly UB is coming around on the old cross cross faction point. He was absolutely against the World of Warcraft. This whole ip is based on factions hating each other and all that shit. And then we see what happens when you just stop giving a fuck about that kind of stuff and seeing what it does for the gameplay. And people are loving it. And there's gonna be a huge argument, a huge one coming up about this later on when I've bet I can already see it. Guys, all the guys that didn't play Epoch are going to go They're gonna get so angry and they're gonna get real, real harsh on this one. Going no cross faction. You can never has cross cross faction in World of Warcraft. It fucking ruins the RP. It ruins my immersion. I don't want to see a fucking dwarf standing next to me in my dungeon. And then we fucking see it on Epoch and go, hey, cauntz, we just played the server that had it. Turns out it's a fucking toothless tiger. Shut the fuck up. That's just me. Does anyone feel that way?
Speaker 4: Oh? Totally.
Speaker 2: And it's not even if you want to be like a lawyer, purist or a Lord Nerd, like, what about Warcraft three? What about every single desoring, every single expansion where Hordellizes put aside their differences and come to go to fight the big bad boss.
Speaker 1: Like it's I'm telling you you're going to start hearing a line from me a lot in the future of this podcast, because when we start discussing what Blizzards should and should not include in their Classic Plus, fucking put a penny in the jar for every time you hear Josh say this, did you play EPOC? Did you play Epoch? Because whenever someone throws something out there that we've lived through on Epoch and they're like, I don't think this should be in Classic Plus, or I think this should be in Classic Plus, I'm gonna go, did you play APOC? And they'll say no, and I'll go then shut the fuck up. Sorry, that's just yeah.
Speaker 12: I will say, uh. Cross faction is growing on me. I was very lukewarm to the concept, but I didn't really have a choice, so just you know, kind of sucked it up. But as things have gone on, I have seen the benefits of it and I really do like the ability of Hey, it didn't matter which way which faction you ruled on we get to play together. I like to be able to find people easier for dungeons, which is you know, gameplay mechanic, being.
Speaker 1: Able to group of people.
Speaker 12: I like that a lot more. I'm still a little hesitant on being able to communicate with people who are ganking me or I am killing.
Speaker 1: So that is a little that's a wrinkle. That's an I don't love either. I'm with you on that one. That's a weird wrinkle that needs some form of workaround.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Maybe they're like, you know, you couldn't communicate with some body for like ten minutes after you fight them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like if they appear in your combat log, like you get like a momentary yeah mute. Yeah.
Speaker 8: One of may that leave of legends is that you can like all chat the enemy team. I think it's so cool that I can like talk to the guy who I'm fighting.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's interesting. It leads to a lot of I mean, look, this is it. It really is just a forum on how you feel about talking shit and toxicity in your video games. A lot of people love it that that, Like, they like I said that I always reference the people that were born and bred in the cod lobbies that that's their bread and butter of like, this is what you do. It's a competitive game. You talk a bit of shit, you flame each other, and then you walk away, and that's that's the fun of gaming. That Look, if people want that in I'm not particularly gonna like go too hard on it because I'll just choose that's fine. I'll just choose not to engage with it whatever. I'm kind of done with my World PvP days anyway. But you know, I do also respect the other side of the argument that it can embolden the truly toxic player to like really harass people.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's definitely. It just feels it's probably also because it feels different too, Like we've never done that before, so it just maybe feels different than if I was playing a different game and I could communicate. I may not find it as abnormal in that situation, just because my monkey brain tells me, Wow, we don't talk to the other faction. They're just you know, this other thing out there. So that's just some of the few things kind of working through my head right now. I am also a bit on the lore too. I do like having the two separate factions law wise, but it's growing on me. It is growing on me.
Speaker 1: I love to hear it. And then that's that's the kind of account that people need to here, quite frankly, like you know, I'm just we'll get we'll get to the cross faction thing.
Speaker 4: Light up.
Speaker 12: I would say, don't don't knock it before you try it.
Speaker 1: Well, that's going to be my whole point. Yeah, so I go, go go.
Speaker 2: That's that's the question. Have you played Warcraft three? Like there are little missions where you're playing.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, I know, yeah almost.
Speaker 2: And you're helping and you're helping works and humans oh yea together.
Speaker 12: Almost all the lore and expansions have us coming together to fight the big bag at the end. It's like pretty much I don't know, eight out of ten endings of expansions at this point or something like that. So I definitely get that wise, and but I really like the whole idea of like, hey, it's two separate factions going at each other, you know, this kind of mentality of us against them. I like that idea overall. So I'm still a little interested in like, Okay, well technically we're kind of friends, but we could fight each other, but we're kind of friends, so I don't know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, do you feel that having the separate quest lines in capital cities and still being able to world PvP doesn't enough to like protect.
Speaker 4: That for you?
Speaker 12: It's more of a and it's it's it's kind of hard to just it's more of an abstract thought and feeling where it's like, hey, there's the other side. They are dangerous to me. It was also cause I used to roll on PvP servers too, so it's a little different. So there the other side, they are dangerous to me. I have to be careful when I'm around them and engaging with them because at any point they could fight me and kill me. Same thing I could fight and kill them. So that has always been my logic, especially come from PvP servers. I think coming from a PvE server perspective, it's a different thought process. So it's really just trying to reframe my head around this and seeing if it's something I could live with long term. I think it will be fine long term for me, But it's just something where I've had it's just been ingrained in me for fifteen fucking years. That you know, Hordon and Alliance we fight each other, and to try to go back on that is really tough.
Speaker 1: It's some yeah for me, just my two centses. We still absolutely have the ability to fight each other. So I've got no drama with the like eye. He can choose when you're my friend and when you're not. I think that option works for some reason on Epoch, But I mean that's just me. Hey, las, can I just ask real quick? We see you just running your body back to b r D. Did you see something fun and you on that boss you were attempting?
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually a lot of the bosses were challenging. Feelings was very challenging. We had to do like a really weird strat This wasn't really weird, start to stand in a certain place because he did a lot of ao weed damage. Let me attempted. The boss was way higher than us. The Salamander fire Boss, I forget his name, but he's got new mechanics that are we haven't really figured out yet. But so it's more than just a spanking perspective.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, is there's so much more ao we damage was just.
Speaker 1: A br D on the whole looks really challenging and fun. Would that be fair?
Speaker 9: To say absolutely.
Speaker 2: I'm not a I'm not a big fan of challenge just for challenge sake. But some of the new mechanics are fun. Some are overtuned like some some are not.
Speaker 10: But we went as far as yeah, overall.
Speaker 2: I do like some of changes. I think they have more work to do. It's definitely not Yeah, not a polish for this product yet fair.
Speaker 1: Enough expired and expired thumbs up thumbs down from you. The b r D experience, I loven't it.
Speaker 10: I mean, I like BRD as a dungeon anyway. It's just it's just so big and so long. But no, it was nice to see, like most of most of the bosses have got new mechanics. It's making us sink, like if we but we we had Phalanks or whatever his name is in the in the Bar, the Golden Boss, and we wiped a few times trying to get used to the new mechanic of that, and eventually we managed to nail it just now. But yeah, I mean, I like challenging content. It's it's doable if you do it the right way, but it's challenging enough to make you think about what you're doing, which is the aspects I like, and a lot of these dungeons we've had, Like when we did mar Done a few days ago, that was the same seeing new stuff with bosses and stuff, and you're thinking, oh, oh, because one of I think one of the bosses that surprises was a oxy on what his name is?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, the other day. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well it's a nice fight, but it's a horrible fight if you if you don't know what's happening. Oh, it's horrible.
Speaker 1: Yes. I think we had one of our new warriors in the guild sort of just stand in the fire and die horrible death, and there was something that maybe they weren't used to.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: Go for it.
Speaker 3: Well, I was just gonna add because I've been healing through all these dungeons, which I'm not I've never normally healed, so I don't know if it's just because I'm a bad healer if it's really tough, But I like the don't stand and fire mechanics because there's a very obvious way to avoid it, and it's good on the players. It's like a little check of like hey, can you like stop tunnel vision and tunnel visioning for a minute and just move over. But the b r D has had a lot of just like, oh, I'm just going to do AoE to the whole group kind of mechanics unavoidable less those are a lot less fun because it doesn't really feel like there's anything you can do. Like it turned out with the Philings, you could l os it, which thank god this fifth Rando and our group told us about it ahead of time. We probably wouldn't be able to have taken him down without the strat of like, well if you take him here, then the range can ls here and the melee go there, you know. But like that boss, we just attempted. Uh you know, maybe it'll just take a few more looks at it. But it's just as the Healer, it's like if there's nothing I can do to not take damage. As the heeler, it's just very frustrating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's a controversial opinion, and I appreciate that not a lot of Wow Classic fans will be into this. And I'm not saying, you know, Classic Plus should have this, I'm just saying what I like. I am a big fan in MMOs of the Final Fantasy fourteen way of doing it, and I know retail. Retail sort of does this halfway. Final Fantasy fourteen is just dance dance revolution for your character avoiding incredibly well lit, highlighted zones on the the boss fight map of where the fire is about to be, so you have like different indicators of like, you know, this half of the room is about to be sprayed in a dragon's breath. You've got about two and a half seconds to get out of it. Well, it doesn't give you the time, but you know, you work it out. And then there's the circles that just to start popping up everywhere when like mass bombs start getting dropped. And what I'm getting at is, I know retail does this, but they don't do it. This is more stylistic choice preference by the players. Where do you like this? The more the subtlety of wow retail where it's the circles aren't as obvious and it kind of blends into the environment a little bit better, maybe increasing your immersion or are you okay with the sort of you know, wildly animated so fucking obvious you couldn't miss it, like bright blue AoE circles that appear on your screen and Final Fantasy fourteen. I liked fourteen. I liked just really bright circles that completely, you know, arguably broke the immersion and said, do not stand here. Something is coming and your character is constantly moving through fights, and it engaged me. It's part of the reason I loved fourteen. Dungeons and raids were a blast because you're always avoiding shit while happening while having to pump out your dps or heels at the same time. But that's it's just me, and I appreciate the Classic players will be like, no, I want to park my characters stand on the same spot and just do my rotation. That's cool. That's something as well. I know that when it comes to to like you say, the unavoidable AOI damage is a mechanic that sometimes you need to implement to make sure that the challenge is there on the healer a little bit. But yeah, I do prefer of just knowing where the fire is, even though it's it's pretty obvious in Wow Classic where the fire is generally it's a fire. But yeah, that's just me.
Speaker 12: I eat things bright. I'm getting my eyes are getting worse at my older age, so I definitely need bright shiny things in front of me.
Speaker 16: Everybody uses dBm right, so like you're getting as audio cues anyway?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 8: In fourteen, are they is the indicator like standardized across all the bosses or are they still thematic.
Speaker 1: To like, No, it's standardized, So they have a variety of different indicators. They're all standardized. You know, you know what like a static fire is like I said, you know what, like I haven't played in so long, Like an incoming wave of things is what spread bombs are? You know what? A like a soak has a particular indicator as well when you need to stack things like that.
Speaker 12: Oh so you even know kind of what the mechanic is before it even happens.
Speaker 1: Yes, so literally stack has like it puts a particular marker about like a player gets a d bove. Let's say it's like a living bomb that for whatever reason, you all need to stand on that player to divide the damage. That player who gets the DBAVE gets an incredibly obvious, like you know, skull type marker above their head and you watch the whole raid without being told, we'll just converge and stack on that player.
Speaker 8: That sounds so nice for like LFR type situations.
Speaker 1: Oh, you have no idea, and like.
Speaker 8: The visual clarity is just instantly there. You can probably make the fights a lot harder and more varied because and they.
Speaker 1: Do, and the fights get pretty intense because it's like reading sheet music. Everyone knows what the six or seven indicators mean, so they just literally, like you said, it's perfect for pugs because ninety percent of the pug knows what to do, even if they're terrible players, they mostly know that means run here, that means run away from that, you know, and they all just do it.
Speaker 12: That's an interesting concept.
Speaker 1: Yeah, check out watch videos fourteen.
Speaker 6: Right, Well, well about this the highlighting of area of effects, like because I don't run dBm, I don't run week or as at least not now, but I did the dead Man, New Dead Mines, the revamped Dead Mines, and the Mister Smite fight. Yeah, where the ship fires the guns the guns at you. I actually kind of liked that I had to keep an eye on the ship, like where where are the guns firing at I didn't have anything to notice me before you hear the guns going off, so obviously you know something is coming, but you still have to look at the ship, like where are where the projectile is going to land? We did have some bad orange though, and we got stunned, like in the same time as the cannons fired, so we couldn't move out of the fire. But you know, that's life.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed that.
Speaker 1: Actually, I'm like I said, I'm not calling for this to come to Classic Plus or any form of Wow or anything. I'm not saying just through what Final Fantasy fourteen does. All I'm saying is I know that's what I prefer, and that's what I like. Guys, we'll go back to I guess. I mean, there's only so much to talk about with this legal news, Like we said, I mean, fuck, we've been told what we've been told. They're going to keep going with everything, you know, do you I guess we'll just talk about a little bit more. Do you guys truly think that, you know, the Epoch developers aren't going anywhere and they will just keep making stuff for this game in the shadows?
Speaker 12: I absolutely do. I think that this is kind of a big smoke screen and that the people who've been working on this project for four years looking forward to developing these raids looking for people to play. These raids aren't going to bandon it so easily. So I definitely think that they're just going to say, hey, we want to work on our stuff behind the shadows. We were already kind of now behind the shadows now that Ascension took the public face of everything. Yeah, though, it's really just us turning off the webs site and closing the discord I think at this point and just letting Ascension take all the heat and flak for everything, and yeah.
Speaker 1: Good anyone else on this one. Do you expect them to go away or stay put development wise?
Speaker 6: No, I think they're going to stay put. Like I mean, they've spent five years on this project. They're not just gonna leave it be. There's no way. There's no way. There's too much time investment.
Speaker 1: And it's not like my point before was, and it's not like they just it's not like they just found out overnight that this was illegal, you know what I mean? Oh yeah, no, sorry, someone else is going to jump in there.
Speaker 3: It was well, I was just was My question is how traceable is the money?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 3: Because I think so Nami had mentioned in guild chat like that Atot's quit his job or their job, like to work on this full time, like recently. I don't know if that's true or not, but just thinking of being in the first respective of like I just quit my job, right, Like, what are my options? My options are either I go begging back to my old job, or you know, I gotta keep working on this on the slide. But then how am I getting paid on the slide?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 1: Well, as people were pointing out, I hope you got that money up front from Ascension in the deal.
Speaker 3: Me too.
Speaker 1: So look, I, like I said, there's only so much to talk about with the legal side of things, guys, because we don't know what's going to happen. But like we've talked about what we think is going to happen. The service stays up and keeps going for now, you know, I'm going to keep going. It sounds like a lot of you are going to keep going. Is anyone aware of anyone that, like, did you guys have any compulsion to stop? Do you know of anyone that was like, ah, that's it now, that's enough to scare me off.
Speaker 8: I saw a couple of people in the Countdown discord saying that who were going to take a few days off and kind of see if it blows over. My initial reaction was a little bit panicky, but has been more stabilized by the way that everyone else is reacting. I'm a little more worried about the overall server population though. I mean, there's five hundred people online right now, so still plenty of people to play. But I have a little bit of PTSD looked over from seasonal Discovery where I shoke a few took a few phases off, and when I came back it wasn't impossible to find groups for lower level quests and mold raids and stuff. So now I kind of got a fire under my ass to get through as much of the content as I can while people are actively doing it.
Speaker 1: I think the thing that will save this server will be obviously the custom content. Like I said, if word starts going around and we haven't had we haven't had the bulk of the player base hit the new content yet, I would say the average player right now is like level thirty, you know, thirty to thirty five. Let's say, I'm not sure, but when when that bulkhead starts reaching forty plus and really starts getting their teeth sunk into the new content, word's going to spread around and I think, like I'm with you, like we are now only what three weeks from launch, and we kind of laugh at that figure of sixty fifty forty thirty thousand people. Oh my god, there's going to be a million players on Epoch. No, it's settled right down. It's like you say, five thousand online, maybe ten thousand and fifteen thousand, eighteen thousand total, who fucking knows. But it's not like a Bonker's server by any stretch of the imagination. But if that content delivers, like like we say, Turtle Wow started from nothing, it had like two hundred players for like its first eighteen months or something. If Epochs starting point is like five ten, fifteen thousand, and it goes from strength to strength and they do happen to keep making good content, like it could conceivably grow considerably from here. But who's to say?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and still like five thousand people on one server is more than enough players for.
Speaker 3: It to be active.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I mean, especially when it's cross faction as well.
Speaker 8: I think at this point it's more about new players starting though, because people kind of fall off all the time. A couple of weeks into a server, and you know, the meme is like is it too late to start? But you know, now if you're a month in and there's a season desist letter and the project we dipped, is it too late to start?
Speaker 1: I did still confidently start. I don't know, Like I said, the one the most important piece of news from all these was the Ascension team coming out saying shoulder shruck, we don't care life goes on service, not going anywhere.
Speaker 12: And it was so fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was very fast. They had that one fucking locked and loaded. So you know, with that kind of confidence from them, then yeah, sure, I mean I'll keep going. Like I said, I was going to keep going anyway until it's shut down. But let's let's do it, guys. Look, I'll segue off the legal stuff because like I said, there's there's really only so much to talk about, and I think we've pretty much covered it. Arcoss. Are you still there with us, my friend? Oh no, that's all right. Look, we won't keep you up too long. I want to I want to touch base with you, big guy, and I just I just want to say, are you okay? Like, are you how you guys? This epoch rocked you to your very core.
Speaker 9: No, I wouldn't say that there's deftly some stuff that's annoying or like unexpected.
Speaker 1: Like like leveling.
Speaker 9: No, like two hours ago, I made a id stack of bandages and then I relocked and it was gone.
Speaker 1: And I need it. I need them to live.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean yeah, like it's just random silly things. Sometimes it's don't word.
Speaker 1: But I thought I thought, I thought you were ready to quit.
Speaker 9: No, no, I have not had anything bad like that. Worrior leveling has always come. It's just the ill or for the course.
Speaker 1: I'll tell my favorite Arcost story to your face. I think we mentioned it very briefly on the show on Saturday. I told the listeners ar costs, because I know you don't listen to the show, so I'll tell you now. I was saying that my favorite, maybe my favorite encapsulation of who you are as a person of all time happens when you know someone in the guild said sorry, You said to the guild, uh, you know, I'm going to go to dead minds, and and someone replied to you, cool, what do you need? And you replied, curse. I supposed to tank eels or dps.
Speaker 9: Yeah. The other someone was a warrior, and I was like, is this guy really asking what items? I don't give a fuck about the items. I'm going to get the quests.
Speaker 1: No, But it was the robot arcos of Like literally, we said on the podcast, ninety nine percent of Wow players know when they're talking with in the context of a dungeon run and someone says what do you need? They know they're talking about, Oh do you do you have a healer? Do you need a healer? Do you need a couple of dps? What are you looking for? And you replied with quests, which just proves to me you are a robot sent back in time to just destroy Wow servers.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's all going on joined exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everything filled the ship when you joined the server.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: True. Actually, I'm just happy that for once people don't get to say that Josh Rue and the serbar. We can say our coss ruin the server.
Speaker 9: Yeah. I might, I might, I might make that my goal in hip hop.
Speaker 1: Actually, there you go. Look, tell us about your warrior. Have you noticed all the funny little bugs? And have you been raging or not raging?
Speaker 9: So no, I mean I'm not sure if I've run into a proper bug, but Church feels weird. It's it feels very cartoony, and it breaks on any type of line of sight. Even if it's just like a tree that you can walk through, it won't go through, which is annoying, and like playing Salt and Annie and Epoch, like going in between them. It's really noticeable that when you're trying to charge something that's like very it's not too close, but it is close, but there's a small rock in between that you can easily jump over in one jump, and it just won't go through. It's very annoying and taxic It doesn't work so right or like it sometimes works and sometimes it just does fuck out and you get no rage when you're being hit. So yeah, you don't really have rage to use abilities.
Speaker 1: Okay, anyone else, sorry kick Iakos.
Speaker 9: No, just that's it. The Warrior is the best class, but it's eights to lovel and that's not different too. Okay.
Speaker 1: Anyone else noticed any funny class shit over the last few days. Nope, that's all right. Anyone wants to shout out any new content or dungeon shit without too many spoilers they've seen over the last few days. I'll shout out some things like I said, like get your asses to Tannerus. Just I did a quest last night that was just really fun in terms of, you know, there's a mind control aspect, and you guys who have done it will know exactly what I'm talking about. Just simple dumb fun, very classic, very new, completely making fantastic use of spaces that we had no reason to go to before. And that's really the the clap on the back that I want to give these devs. They've just they've gone through every zone from level forty onwards and they've just picked out parts of the map and gone, hmmm, why there were all these mobs here and nothing to do with them. Why let's give them something to do. Huh, here's an empty bit of space. There's like this whole like quadrant of the map that just has no fucking life or flavor. Let's put a settlement there. They've really fleshed out things so well to the point of like, I'm really glad they didn't just like expand gadget zen or whatever and just like build on what was already there. No, They've they've filled in the spaces on the canvas, and it feels fucking amazing, Like this really feels quicker, Like I have zoomed through my forties. I feel like I was forty like yesterday, and I'm fifty one now or just about to dim fifty one, forty five through fifty one. Like my plate time is still long because I'm still doing professions and whatnot and being a dickhead. But like when I actually knuckle down and start questing, that experience bar does fill up noticeably quicker than anything Era or Vanilla related in the past that I've played through. Are you guys still feeling that quicker experience?
Speaker 12: Oh, it's going by so fast. I keep thinking that I'm like forty four or forty three, and I look on like I'm forty six. You know, I keep forgetting that I'm actually further ahead that I am, and I'm still doing dungeons, still exploring, still doing other stuff, and it's still going so smoothly.
Speaker 16: I can't can't overstate how good the the leveling experience has been as a human. Just Maze's basically said, like, hey, we're not leaving the Eastern Kingdoms until we're forced to, and we're sitting at forty one forty two and we're still doing the same thing. Every zone feels fleshed out. It feels like you don't actually have to leave the zone to go somewhere else and then come back.
Speaker 4: It's a pretty great experience.
Speaker 1: I've been genuinely sitting around going like you guys know, I loved SOT. I loved the leveling experience in SOD. But they're very, very different. And so that's why it is hard to compare, because it's kind of like doing the Apples and Orangest thing, even though they're both like you know, vanilla based, you know, twists on the old school leveling experience. It's so hard to say. I was sitting there going which did I prefer? Did I prefer Salt or do I prefer Epoch? And I it's just too hard. I just think it's like it really is like thrusting different games upon people and saying, you know, what do you like better? But the Epoch leveling experience, like I say, has been so good. And again I'll just sort of say to people, even in spite of this news coming out that you know, oh Blizz is going in the lawsuit or sorry that season to see stuff to Epoch, Like if you haven't rolled on this server, still give it a go. Like you you guys need to see this to know what a good C plus feels like and so that you can gauge whatever Blizzard offers us next against you need to know. Please please play this so that you fucking know what a good version of C plus is. Please And then when we have all these arguments in three six nine months on the show about what should and shouldn't should and should not be in C plus, I want you all to be like, Yeah, I played Epoch, so I have a good basis upon which to, you know, put forward my arguments. I don't want to be arguing against people that are just going off of paper based arguments on paper. I don't think this will work on a Blizzard server. Well we played it in Theory and it fucking worked on Epoch, So what do you want us to do? Just please give it a go.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I did Wail in Caverns like a couple of days ago for the first time, and I was blown away to stop myself. Why didn't we get this inside? Why it was so good? It was literally one of the best dungeons, or at least the pretty prettiest dungeons I've ever done.
Speaker 1: Well, I agree, and this is where I'm gonna have to come back to old fucking crampers. Arcosts and Arcos threw in another very interesting little tidbit in the discord the other day where it's like, I'm going to try to do my best Arcoss impression where he goes, I don't know why you guys are so fucking excited about this new whaling cabins. It's just the same old shit that it was, fucking just average. Why are you guys coming all over the place about this Arcos? Was that a fair impression?
Speaker 9: I went in there and I was like, you know, the visuals are very much more like anti wee color palette and right, but that was kind of it there. There wasn't much more new ship drugs.
Speaker 1: They completely redid them map and gave you new bosses.
Speaker 9: One of the bosses did something. All the other process were just like a trash mob but had a different name. And it's just as confusing a place to be in, Like you you get lost just as much as the previous one, and the visuals are more like Korean or whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're saying, you're saying it's like the Malibu Stacey and she's just got a new hat.
Speaker 9: I'm saying it's yes, sure, sure, new hat.
Speaker 1: New, but she's got a new hat. You're accusing us all of saying, but she's got a new hat. I know this reference is flying over.
Speaker 9: Actually you were saying, wow, her hat is amazing, yes, and I'm saying she was wearing a hat last week, she's wearing a hat this week. Their different color. Who the fuck cures?
Speaker 1: Okay, now to all of you on this call, I want you to please, I invite you. He can withstand it. Evisceraate this man for these ship takes.
Speaker 12: He just basically said, I think her pixels and I don't care.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I think argument is that what Arcus.
Speaker 6: Needs is basically a whaling caverns mythic plus with keys.
Speaker 9: I'm just I'm not saying that it's wrong to be like Yo. They did. They took a dungeon and they made it different, and I find that really cool. That's fine, but I thought they did something insane. And then I stepped in and it was a different type of map that was still very confusing and a painted job. I'm not saying it's like bad bad, I'm the saying I didn't understand the cumming about it.
Speaker 1: I have learned one thing about u ArkOS over the last two weeks, and I will give you the opportunity to defend yourself an answer for this. You charge of a crime. Right now, I am fairly convinced you really don't like World of Warcraft and you really like if a game were delivered to you and it was World of Warrior Raid logs you and all you do when you log in is it puts you instantly in a raid and you get to get a score at the end that you then log against other players, and it's got a leaderboard every week that you're check in on. You would play that game for the rest of your life and say it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Everything outside, like everything outside of that instance portal of the raid you think is trash.
Speaker 9: No, if that was true, I would be playing Retail, which is the instant game of being outside in in in Classic Vanilla, especially like most of my time in like nineteen twenty Classic was just spend running up and down fellowood hoping and doing pop. Most of my game time hours were that, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I really loved it.
Speaker 3: I believe me defending our cost, but I think we might we might just be suffering from you know, expectation setting, right, Like all of us we went in, we had no expectations and we were like, fuck, I had no expectations. This was great. But ourcos came in after we had all, you know, talked it up a bunch true the discord, and I can see how it didn't like. I think it was great. I really loved it. I thought I'd take it over the original Whiling Caverns every any the day of the week. But it it is still Willing Caverns. It is still a level twentyish dungeon.
Speaker 1: That's fair. I mean, we've all we've all seen the movie, you know, gone to a movie after all your fucking friends have been like, oh my god, it's the best fucking movie you've ever seen, and it's been hyped up to the point that you know, you watch it. It was okay.
Speaker 3: I can I can make you disappointed with an A minus movie, you.
Speaker 1: Know, all right? Yeah, I look, I hate any defensive arcosts as well. He's a piece of ship. But I appreciate it now, Jordan, you wanted to say something.
Speaker 18: Yeah, So I started two weeks late on this server, so I got to come in after listening to you guys hype it up on the podcast, and build up my whole you know, leveling for twenty levels, trying to get there, so I could see this cool new content.
Speaker 19: And it was exactly as cool as I thought it was going to be. The dungeon was absolutely beautiful. I liked it that there was little skips to get back okay, gives to get back to places after.
Speaker 18: You you know, finished the bosses. They more than one of them, had new mechanics crush all the mechanics and the ferry dragon. And I read it again and the second time it wasn't confusing. The layouts actually way better than the old one.
Speaker 1: Well there you go. I also enjoy a point in the Fucking You Arcoss column. Very good, very well said. So can we conclude fucking you ar Coss? Ar Coss, what do you reckon?
Speaker 9: No, I think that's true.
Speaker 1: Stuck, I stuck at the motion. Very good arks. Did you also enjoy that? I think in the quickest decision flipping of all time you had. You managed to get the soundboard enabled on the countdown discord and then disabled within forty eight hours.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that was a mission.
Speaker 1: You're you're bizarre. As soon as we all said, anyone who asked for the soundboard to be opened is a red flag, and you became everything we thought you were with your weird obsession with the soundboard.
Speaker 9: I approved your hypothesis correct.
Speaker 1: Exactly you are. You're an odd duck, but I love it.
Speaker 3: I muted it within that first ten minutes of him around.
Speaker 1: Oh, he would not stop. He was insane.
Speaker 9: It was a glorious time.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Anyway, guys, look, I'm not going to keep you all day. We've already gone an hour and a half and pretty much this was just an emergency pod on this one issue and we've covered it. I'll just let you, guys say speak now forever, holdly silence. Anything you want to say about your last few days, an epoch that needs to be said. You know, I've I've flirted with the concept of respecking and going destro but I decided not to because I'll just you know, everyone's like, you know, fucking I just do think that the manner issues will be considerable. And even though it's fun and do what you want, I just want to get to sixty. And you know, like I said, I'm almost fifty one, I'm about to step foot into fuck. Where am I going?
Speaker 4: God?
Speaker 1: Where was I going?
Speaker 9: Next?
Speaker 1: Fellwood? I think I was going to go to Fellwood for a level. And then Ub says, we've got to get our asses to bad Lands at fifty two to two to do this epic new Yeah, sorry, Blasted Lands. That's what I mean. We've got to get to Blasted Lands at fifty two to do this epic new fucking open world dungeon that takes about two hours or whatever, So that'll be fun. And then I think I'll do what I have to do as Shara after Blasted Lands. Apparently Shara is is fucking great. And then I want to go to Western and Winter Spring.
Speaker 3: What do you guys don't sleep on Burning Steps?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm probably gonna skip it.
Speaker 3: That's I'm skipping all that ship you said. I'm just doing burning Steps and dungeons right now, and I'm having a good time.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna be able to help that.
Speaker 3: It's right near b r D. So whenever, whenever we inevitably form our dungeon group, I'm like, already there questing and that's like all right, yeah, I can find off Im doing well.
Speaker 1: Also there's but there's all these zones. You can't do them all. Angorro's apparently amazing Burning Steps. Now you're recommending, like fucking we literally have to go to the mall and we're not going to be able to And I've even talking about talked about Silts.
Speaker 10: He works out, Nicet me, me, Axel Laz and a turn we're all in Burning Steps. It was like, there we do dragon Kim menace so we can get the next year question chain on the go, and then like will there be ideas? Like yeah, cool, it just took us a while to get there, but there's so many people there killing the dragons. It was like never impossible to find the fifteen wels that we needed to kill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my whole thing expired has not to let be and I've probably played more than I would have liked to, but I'm like, don't let these pricks fucking create too big of a gap from me, because I need to touch base with you. Axel Laz. You know. That's the guys I want to keep running with.
Speaker 10: We're missing that fifth person right now in our group. That's what it is, four of us we should be and then we're just missing that fit person because you've just dropped off a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I'm only two levels.
Speaker 1: I'm only two levels behind. But so yeah, I think I think la lass is fifty three question mark now I'm about to dig fifty one. Yeah, it won't really matter because in four or five levels, four or five levels, I'll be able to come to like the max level dungeons with you anyway, arguably. But yeah, we shall see. Sorry, someone was going to say something.
Speaker 3: I was just saying, you'll be in the next pod run then hopefully yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, hopefully hopefully I'll see how I'll get to fifty one, maybe fifty two today and work from there. But look, still having a blast. Warlock is still fantastic. Loving that no one is playing it, you know, it makes me feel special. I yeah, guys, anything else before we wind this one up? Let me know. Nope, Okay, go forret spot. So I sorry, Jordan isn't.
Speaker 18: Getting off that easy. I'm going to personally challenge you to go do dead minds die? Ride that mind cart back from the beginning and.
Speaker 19: Tell me that's not the best thing they have ever added to a dungeon.
Speaker 9: There you go, I haven't done that's I'll believe you at some point when it's right. I don't doubt that it's.
Speaker 1: Cool, though, I reckon you'll quit by next week, you think, isn't that we shall say?
Speaker 9: All right, I didn't. I didn't look in for like five days, but I was just busy, right, yeah, I mean I'm not This isn't my main game. I'm not no living this, No, no, no.
Speaker 1: You've got to keep right there pumping those logs inside that no one's playing anymore, so that you can say you're the best in the world.
Speaker 6: Yep, the best and the only one you get a hundred parts if you're the only person parsoning.
Speaker 1: That's what he's going for, you know.
Speaker 9: And that's not what I'm don't care about.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 1: All right, All right, guys, will wind it up there. Thanks so much to all of you for taking part in this one. That was a lot of fun, and we'll see you again, maybe maybe on Saturday. Maybe after that we'll figure it out. But more to talk about on the Countdown Guild's ventures with Epoch. Guys, I'll say this much. Look again, if you're not sure, just slash who anyone in Countdown ask for an invite? Look, we would How do I put this? The guys might ask you, like what the password is? You know, if you listen to the show, you're in. You know, we're a little bit warier of people who are just discovering Countdown now and think this is like, oh, this is some zerg streamer guild, like I want in while it is, come one, come all, It's not really that kind of guild, guys, And I don't want to, like, I don't want to gate keep and be like if you didn't know about the show before, you're not in. But like, we have a certain culture here, as you can hear on the podcast, we have a certain kind of player. These are the kind of guys and girls that we like to run with. Like the newbies are less likely to maybe, I don't know, like be the kind of players we are. We're not so sure, So like, just you know, wait until you've heard a few Countdown episodes before you ask for a Countdown Guilding vibe, Because maybe you're you're not into us, but like, yeah, it's it's yeah, go for it.
Speaker 3: Our little rule of thumb has been since we've been four people a lot, right when we grab somebody in, if you know, we give them the discord and they're willing to just jump in and talk with us or at least listen in, that's at least a good start.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. And I love finding those players, and we've met friends like Expired Tuna and whatnot like that along the way. But this is it's such a shit thing to say because I know people don't want to do it, but the guys that like yeah, don't want to get in voice and don't say anything in the party, like and you know there, I'm a little bit more wary of them, you know. And I'm just I am a little bit warier of I have been publishing these podcasts on YouTube, and I don't love like the complete random on YouTube who's like because I had one of these the other day, Who's like, Oh, I have no fucking idea what this guild is or who you guys are or what really I mean, I saw five minutes of your podcast and I decided decided to join the guild. I'm a bit like, uh, like, we're not a zert guild.
Speaker 3: I think they.
Speaker 1: Hopefully, hopefully they'll get bored.
Speaker 9: Thanks, just three weeks to become.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm already there. Let's do it. No fuck it if people keep asking people for the password when they ask you for an invite to the guild, and gauge them by their response to whether or Because we're at the three hundred mark now, I am really wary of blowing that up too much. More like, I want to kind of know that it's listeners coming in, and I don't want to turn into the dead Shids guild because guilds are the worst thing on every server. Andre we're starting to sort of maybe dangerously encroach on that territory.
Speaker 9: A friend of mine asked me earlier tonight if I wanted to join his uh guilt has been together since like Elisium. I said, no, I'm in accessible guild and I'm going to stay there until i'm little sixty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, accurate. I like it very good. Join join Team Cesspool one of us, one of us. If you're a long time listener, please just hit us up. Guys. The guild is fantastic everything's going really really well. I'll just say as well, like, look, we we did have a listener leave the guild yesterday who is like fuck man, like none of you guys like I haven't I'm level forty and I haven't run a single dungeon with a countdown person. And I'll always just sort of say, like, guys somewhat have to take the bull by the horns with this game, Like, there are so many players out there who expect the content to come to them, and this is I've ranted about this a lot with world PvP in the past, where there's a lot of people who bitch about world PvP and go on this server. Shit, there's no world PvP on this server because they don't see the one hundred v one hundred fights around every corner. And I'm like, number one, that's not how world PvP works. Number two, Mate, If you want world PvP content, go and start picking fights with people like that. You are the master of your own fucking destiny. Here, go and pick fights with people. You start the one v one that will snowball into the two v two that will snowball into the five v five and so on and so forth. You become a bully, you get amongst it and create your own content. People don't want to do that because they're terrified of losing in PvP, but also they just want to be the player that gets to drive by the big fight, hit one button that kills the person at five percent, have a laugh, snicker and say, well, PvP is back on the menu. Boys, please create your own content. And by that I mean like in the countdown guilds. Yeah, if you just say in guilt chat looking for more SM and you don't get a reply, and there's you know, thirty people online but only two within your level range, like that's going to happen, So please whisper people organize with people via the discord offline. Hey mate, couldn't help, but notice you're thirty five. I'm thirty five. Would you like to do a fucking dungeon tomorrow? Yeah that sounds great. Whisper people in game, Hey mate, would you be interested in fucking healing this dungeon? Yeah? Sure, No dramas just like you've got to get proactive, don't just wait for There are people that just want to be in zur guilds. Like I said, with five hundred people in the guild where they're just writing guild chat, you know, looking for more s M and it's basically like advertising in Slash four and the party forms that way. That's great, don't get me wrong, but like sometimes you do need to be a bit more involved, you know, just please do that. Don't don't judge the guild by No one replied to my guild message. It's not really necessarily how it works. Sorry. Does does that strike a chord with anyone?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I just want to add, don't don't fear a failure. I feel like oftentimes people are concerned about like joining a group because they are, you know, they don't want to be a drag on the team. And having having been dragging down these other three people for a while and nobody complaining, uh, you know, it's it's failure.
Speaker 10: Is I mean a good we had an IBRD group, wasn't a toxic person at all and very patient and although we you know, we wiped a few times and we died a few times, didn't complain once.
Speaker 3: And they were there to go to the poor run. They would have made it to Emperor if we were capable of it.
Speaker 1: That that's something that I kind of just you've reminded me I should mention like I have seen a lot of Reddit posts about Epoch talking about like how horribly toxic of a server it is, and this is, you know, the most racist fucking server I've ever seen. All these guys are so toxic, All these players are assholes. I got kicked from Group X, I got kicked from Group Y. People only want paladins to tank blah blah blah blah blah, and saying this server is trash, you're also fucked blah blah blah blah blah. Everyone in the Countdown ninety nine percent of people I feel like in the Countdown Guild and in the Countdown Discord is saying like, I don't know what fucking game you're playing, but we haven't seen any of that. Now. I've said already on the podcast in the past. Yes, Okay, I'm a little bit tainted in my view because I've left the LFG channel. I don't sit there and wel chat and let listen to all these fucking you know, eleven year old's talk politics to me, Like I just I just opt out of that, okay, so I don't get exposed to any of that but the player behavior in game that I have seen for the vast majority of times has been perfectly normal, acceptable, if not cordial, like you guys just described, I have had nothing but like positive experiences in PvE dungeons with people. Everyone is nice, no one's been a cunt, you know, they just you wipe, No one says anything, everyone gets through the dungeon. Everyone's happy.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: There's of course going to be like PvP toxicness, like toxicity, like we said, with the ability to talk to each other after a kill. I don't I'm not flagged, I'm not war moted, so I don't really get involved with any of that. You know, this community, it's it's not perfect. Don't get me wrong. Of course, all that dis gusting racism and bullshit does exist. But like when you actually, okay, how do I put this. If you put the majority of these players in an environment where they now socially somewhat have to fall in line with the group, people are being well behaved, I have had a great time and I kind of tear my hair out a little bit. Even though private service historically are fucking cesspools. We all know that. Just look at the discord it's fucking disgusting all that shit. But for the most part, and trust me, I know this after years of you know, doing a countdown to classic podcasts with like twelve people on the line right now, twenty more sitting here in the audience and everyone being on their best behavior. If you just fucking be a normal person, people will generally fall in line and be normal with you. I don't know, it's just have you guys, like, would you describe this server as a fucking cesspool or if you had a fine experience.
Speaker 4: Nah, I haven't.
Speaker 6: I haven't had a single bad dungeon experience. Everyone's been great, like, no complaining, no whining, no toxicity, nothing.
Speaker 4: I do think we are a bit insulated. I feel uh.
Speaker 16: Like you said you took turned off world Chat. Yeah, it's definitely out there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 16: We had a couple of people in just ran the pugs that were a little sketchy, just kind of not saying anything terrible, but like you could tell that they wanted to people they are, Yeah.
Speaker 1: They wanted to And that's a lot of them. A lot of the edge lords, the fucking pieces of shit out there. They test the waters. They'll they'll they'll say a half thing that just sees if someone pushes open the door that they've they've nudged a creak in, if you know what I mean. And but if you generally don't give, if you don't push open the door, then more often than not, they'll just shut the fuck up.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's just don't participate.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so yeah, I'm not saying Epoch's perfect. I'm not saying it's the fucking promised, you know, wonderland of fluffiness and niceties. There are horrible people out there. On any private server, you're going to read horrible things. If you sit in weld Chat and it does it's you know, I've been criticized for this for saying, Josh, you know, just saying, just turn off world Chat. You know, that's a horrible thing to have to recommend to people. You know that you need to address the root cause of the problem, which is stopping people from saying this shit and having moderation. Well, I don't run the server, and I can't stop people from saying this shit. So I do what I can do and I just opt out. Yes, it sucks that that's, you know, an indication of the kind of players that sometimes sometimes wind up on these servers, but like it's just what I do. I don't I don't put myself in a position where I'm just going to get upset. So when I'm in a dungeon, I gauge these people by what they say in party chat, and no one said anything yet, So I'm having a good time. That's all I can do. Guys, we'll wind it up there. Thank you so much for doing this one with me. I'll hang out with you a bit more after I ended the recording, but we'll see you all on Saturday. All right, So we're back with another countdown to classic and keeping it light, you know, footloose and fancy free here today because we did all the heavy stuff with the legalities and the cease and desist about Epoch the other day. So that's a good heavy hour and a half of content for you. And I'll lead the podcast off with that conversation and then ease you into the back half of this pod with this conversation. So we've got a whole bunch of Countdown people on the line right now. Look, I'm not doing it in the town hall as I usually do. I'm just in general voice chat and just encouraging people to fucking be light and easy. But we figured we'd once again talk about the server, but also talk about ourselves and what we've been doing and more importantly the funny and dumb shit that we've been doing, and have a bit of a kangaroo court as well. So I figured we might kick off with kangaroo court if that's okay. And if you guys aren't familiar with the concept of a kangaroo court, it's you know, we had a chat about it the other day in voice chat, and you know, I think, funnily enough, someone said that it's an American coins term, but in Australia it's definitely used as more of a lighthearted bonding thing. You know. Football teams will do it when they go on trips, you know footy trip. You go off your travel, you play your games, and then afterwards you'll have a kangaroo court with the boys and girls and call people out for the funny or dumb shit that they did during the game or at the pub or whatever it might be. So we're going to do the countdown equivalent here and I've encouraged everyone hopefully they can come up with the story or something from the past week to with love, throw a guild member lightly under the bus and have a bit of a fun ribbing with each other. And I'll I've got a few stories and i'll maybe i'll I can start with myself. Actually it's probably fair to do, and then I'll throw a beloved Countdown member under the bus after I'm done ribbing myself. So order order. This first session of the Countdown Kangaroo Court has come into session, and guys, I just want to tell you a quick story about and don't get me wrong, we'll have some commentary on the game as well while I'm weaving through this story. But myself and my little traveling party of like minded level fifty players, Like I said, I've been fortunate enough to band together with guys that have mostly fallen in step with me. They're going a little bit quicker than me, and I'm up the tail end, but I'm just keeping within touching distance of these guys. You know again, the amazing Axel Lazarus atone. You know, fucking who's the fourth member whose name I'm getting I'm such an asshole. Tuna of course, Tuna as well, expired Tuna. Thank you so much. All the guys have been great, and we hit up Blasted Lands the other day on Ubiquitous's recommendation. He's like, boys, boys, boys, when you get to level fifty two, you've got to go check out what they've done with Blasted Lands. It's wild. They've put in a new jinta, a lure, there's an outside dungeon. It's it's fucking there's quests everywhere. You've got to go see it. So we got the band together and we went and we did it. Now, just for all of you who have no idea what's there. You haven't done it yet, you don't know what to expect.
Speaker 15: You.
Speaker 1: Biquitdis did warn us about this, but I'll just sort of warn you a little bit, maybe with a bit more force. There is a little bit of time you'll be spending doing the prerequisites. And when I say a little bit, I mean a fair bit, like we took about sixty to ninety minutes. Just you have to go there and do a few quests before you unlock all of the elite quest for the Outdoor Dungeon. Now, I'm gonna tell this in a non spoilery fashion. I don't think that's too spoilery, but just just be ready for that. You don't get to just plug and play in Blasted Lands. You'll have to be in the zone for a little bit before you level up to get to where you need to go. So we do our hour and fucking half doing this one quest that took forever, and eventually we get there and we go and do the Blasted Lands, and that's great. I will say that, you know, again, without being spoilery. My one note on this area, which I did enjoy, I had a good time. I wouldn't say I had like an amazing time, but I had a very good time. I would give it like a I don't know, eight out of ten. I guess I think it's really cool. I think it's more fun than Jintha a law. To be honest with you, that the only thing that held it back, that subtracted a point for me was mainly just the mob density. There's a lot of respons as well, but you've got to have the respawns because you're eventually going to have the bulkhead of the levelers get there and they're going to need all these mobs up and active to not only make it a challenge but also to be able to complete their quest. So I've got no I did have a drama with the respawn, but then the boys talked me off the ledge and said, no, Josh, that exists for a reason, and they're right, but the density is insane. Like again, these guys love a bit of mob density, particularly with agro rangers and shit. You know, you walk by, you walk by some things and you're like how You just think to yourself, how the fuck did I agrow that? And then you don't just agrow one. There's a lot of instances of oh, mate, you pulled one. No, you pulled eight. He's all his friends from fucking twenty yards to the left of him are coming as well, and it's they're not hard to down per se, but it's a little bit frustrating at times. Anyway, we go through dead set like two hours or maybe more, maybe two and a half hours or whatever of this dungeon, an outdoor dungeon, and we're not done. Ubi's right. It's a multiple troop effort. So we log off that day, we log back on the next day and we go, well, boys, we've got to finish it all off. We didn't do all this work for nothing. Yeah, yeah, cool, let's do it. So we go back in on day two and we get like the final quest, which is killed the Big Bad Boss. And we go to kill the Big Bad Boss and it's like the Big Bad Boss resides at the top of the tallest tower at this section of the zone. You go yet, cool. So we eventually identify the tower, we clear the mobs, and we start climbing the tower and we get to the top and this boss is a proper boss, Like he's very chunky. You're not just going to push him over. And it's a proper fight. It's not a difficult fight. It's just a proper fight length lengthwise, and about ten percent of the way through the fight, it becomes really obvious ione sort of tell you what he does. But you know, you're in a very small space and this boss is doing proper mechanics and you're like fuck, You're a little bit like, oh, I'm getting hit, Like what do I do here? And so I thought, out of the corner of my eye, I've seen one of my fellow guilties. I think I've seen Axelauhila sort of step off to the side, and again we're at the top of a tower, and I thought, oh, I think he's in the right position there to kind of avoid this stuff. Maybe I'll try and do that. So I put my hero medal on and I turned to my fellow adventurers and I said, fucking get behind me, boys, I think I've found a way to do this. Here's the metastrat and I've decided to leap to the very edge of the balcony of the room so that i can just outrange this mechanic that's fucking me up, and I'll blast him from there. I'm such a gamer. And I've turned my car and I've done the massive jump to just rest my feet on the lip of the edge, and I kept descending and I kept going down, and I've gone, oh no, boys, I've gone and done it. And I've fallen three floors down back to the bottom of the tower in the middle of this epic boss fight, and the boys have gone, where did Josh just go? And I'll turn to Axel at this point, maybe it's a good point to inject you and to say, what were you thinking in this moment?
Speaker 3: I have a think in this down motherfuck. So because you were I had just done that jump and I didn't go all the way to the edge because he didn't need to go all the way to the edge. You just need to go up onto the lip.
Speaker 1: That's right, That's right. So I've fallen to the bottom. Now the biggest concern is, Okay, I've survived the fall. Somehow, I've got very low health. I just need to climbed the tower again and rejoin my you know, party members. But like, like I said, the mob density is insane and I really just froze and went, oh my god, have I pulled anything? Because if I've pulled anything, this is a wipe. And somehow, some way did not manage to pull anything. And I've just sheepishly walked back up the spiral staircase, rejoined the fight when the boss was at like fifty percent and just hoped no one noticed and gone sorry about that. But everyone noticed and we're all laughing about it. And that was one way to jump out a window and jitch you people during the middle of a reasonably tough fight. So I'll nominate myself for kangaroo court there and say I'm a fucking idiot. I'm the last one. The furthest thing from a gamer that you can get that was a bit of fun. Ubi sentenced me, what do we got.
Speaker 15: Um straight to the gulag for me, straight to the.
Speaker 1: Girl Like yeah, Marcus, you agree, Marcs.
Speaker 17: Mate, I think you are Yeah, I think to the gulag with you for that one. It's unforgivable.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean a real gamer would have just stood in the AoE and eating it and been like, I don't care.
Speaker 15: He is just that's right, Yeah, he was just so you were griefing his past by getting out of the AoE.
Speaker 1: To be honest, oh, true, true, Sorry for sucking your past, Axel.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say it's a healer. I'm more like community service picked up some trash on the side of tars.
Speaker 15: He's been on a bit of a hot streak of you just can't take this bloke anywhere.
Speaker 1: To be honest me, yeah, I've been all over the place. It's been wonderful. But then yeah, I don't know, fucking keep an eye on old fucking Josh's DPS and then talk to me, you've bastards. I'm doing all right, I'm helping out when I'm not being an idiot.
Speaker 3: But anyway, can I throw in an accusation that is related to this. Yes, I want to accuse Ubiquitous of overblowing and overhyping that outdoor area.
Speaker 15: Oh, because I would like to criticize how you guys did it. To be honest, Oh my god, that's.
Speaker 3: Fair, but you were literally leading us.
Speaker 1: So then what.
Speaker 15: Someone went AFK for fifteen minutes, then another person in AFK for fifteen minutes, and I was like, I'm leaving, and I just logged off without saying anything. Yeah, yo, Cherfa was like, fuck this, these guys could climb this mountain by themselves. Fair enough, he was, I'm glad to hear that you got it done, because I'd never heard the ending of the story. I was like, I would rather vacuum than wait for people to come back from AFK.
Speaker 1: No, no, we got it all done. I left one quest undone, which was just a because I'm a fucking idiot, I completely forgot didn't read it before we went in. I had to pick some things up in the Warlock tents that I completely forgot about, and it was like six and a half k experience, so little bit that I didn't finish them all off, but I did ninety percent of them, and I'm happy with that, and we left and we feel pretty good about you know, saying that we very much so did the area, which is great, but it's I still highly recommend, like highly highly recommend in the same way that we recommended. You cannot skip Whaling cabins, You cannot skip the new Deadminds and all that stuff. Do not skip this thing in the Blasted Lands. Guys. Half the reason we're playing this fucking server, you could say ninety nine percent of the reason we're playing this new server is for the new content. This is as new as it gets. This is a completely new, redesigned little portion of the Blasted Lands map. You have to go there and experience this, if you know, imagine if someone tapped you on the shoulder and go, hey, mate, do you want to go do gin through a law two point zero? You'd say, fuck, yeah, well go and do it. Don't skip it, agreed, UBI must do.
Speaker 15: Ah for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're you're clowning yourself. And like, you know, this goes out to not that there's anyone in this guild doing but this just goes out again to all those fucking loser majors AoE grinding their way to sixty like you fucking just hopeless pieces of shit. Go out and do the new fucking content like this, Like you just have to. Don't stop leveling the way you're used to. Go out and fucking smell the roses. Anyway, Yeah, on the charge of ubiquitous, I don't know. Jury's out. Maybe he's innocent, maybe he's guilty, but he's actually charging well, he's charging you with overhyping at UBI. So Axel, you're saying you didn't rate it that much.
Speaker 3: I didn't rate it as high. But I think I'm also suffering because I stopped doing different new content than I was very much enjoying, which I mentioned on you know, Last Conversation and the Burning Steps. So I think I was a little salty that first day. I definitely appreciated it more once we finished it on the second one. But after that first day, it's like, we just spent four fucking hours. We got almost none of these, don't We got like a seven quests seventy percent of the way done. We got to do it all over it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, it's it's quite the time commitment for sure. I like, guys, you need to put aside realistically, let's say for some fucking god, unknown reason you wanted to do this all in one session. I don't recommend that, but like this, this whole thing took us. Like what do you reckon five hours total in the end?
Speaker 4: Axel?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's it's tough to stay because, like, how much of that was just the prequesting? If we had.
Speaker 1: Realized I'm including the prequesting.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, have you including the prequesting?
Speaker 1: Probably six yeah, five to six hours. If you do everything you need to do, including the prequesting, there you go. But d Axel, what do you like? I said, I still give it like a quite warm reception. Eight out of ten. That's a good score. What would you give it?
Speaker 3: I'm probably more like a six point five seven?
Speaker 1: All right, ub what do you rate it?
Speaker 20: Oh?
Speaker 15: I was thinking it was an eight point five, and I'm going to go down swing in that. There's a clear difference of experience due to use, err more than content itself.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, did it ain't?
Speaker 15: It ain't took anywhere near fucking five hours for me? I believe that, all right, we had someone that knew where everything was when oh.
Speaker 1: Well that's different your piece of ship, well not everything.
Speaker 15: He was one of you. He's like, I've been here, this is my second time because my first group sucked. So yeah, you need to try and find someone that's some of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do agree. Yeah, if you if you were all new to it, Yeah, it's going to take you a little bit. But it's so stupid because like the area isn't that big. It's really not, but like it is just a little bit confusing. All right, guys, let's move on.
Speaker 3: To be fair. Yeah, the first time, I like treated it like we were going into a dungeon, and I like respect to resto, and you know, I was all ready for it to be intense, and then I just like was sitting there with my dick in my hands most of the time. And the second time we just all fucked about instead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I wouldn't call it.
Speaker 3: Start feeling the dps, started tanking, I got to do more damage, and it was more fun when we were all kind of like doing it so offtimally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I don't think it's a push over difficulty wise, but it's not like a dungeon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not that hard. I think we took it too seriously in the first day.
Speaker 1: So guys, we'll move on to the next charge. And here's where I get to throw the book at someone else. Now he's not here, but you be. You'm going to charge your mate Voodoo with the crime you ready for this one?
Speaker 15: Absolutely all right?
Speaker 1: Voodoo probably guilty of a few crimes over the last two weeks. Quite frankly, I'm actually getting together with him and Hunk to go watch the Queensland Reds play later on the TSAVO in about four hours time, no six hours time, so that'll be we'll have a beer and I'll give him a fun little ribbing about this. But look, sorry about all the discord notifications. By the way, guys, I actually don't know how to turn that off. I'll try and figure that out. But anyway, so just yesterday, now this to be fair, I'm also guilty of a crime within this story, and Axel will tell this well, I'll turn to him eventually. But Axel, Laz and I are like, hey, how about BRD. Yeah cool, let's go do it. And as we're saying this, our friend Marcus goes. I charged Marcus with the light charge of winging and bitching as he's like, I can't find a fucking party for SM library. Whoe is me? That's pretty much sounds like you, right, Marcus?
Speaker 17: No, how did I get wheeled into this? I was told I was completely not at fault.
Speaker 1: I remember something along those lines of like nobody wants to play with me. I'm a big loser. Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 17: Yeah, maybe I was pretty compromised. I guess it's kind of emotionally taxing to not be able to get an SM library group.
Speaker 1: You were vulnerable. I caught you in a moment of weakness. Yes, yeah, so Marcus is going a fuck. You know, there's not that many people online within the guild within my level range, can't really find a group. I'm struggling a bit here. I just want to do a library run. And I'm like, well, what do you want to do a library run for? I mean, I said, do you want just the experience or you're actually chasing like a quest item or what? And he goes, I just want the quest item and I'm oh, mate, I'm level fifty four. I can fucking blast you through an SM library on my lock. And he's like that I'd be lovely. So I say to the boys, axel lads, boys, ten minutes, I just need ten minutes to help old Marcus out here. Will be in and out, no musks, no fuss, and then I'll come to b Ird. Yeah cool, josh, no worries. It suffice to say it was not quite ten minutes. So we walk into sm and I start pulling and Marcus is like, oh, thanks mate, you're quite the chum for doing this for me. As I proceed to take a fairly long time to down all these mobs, and it became a little bit of a struggle, and I've said, oh shit, we might actually need more help because it's taken us ten minutes just to clear the first corridor. And we plugged away, and eventually Voodoo I DM Voodoo and I go, mate, are you playing rust or are you able to come help Marcus? And I just do a quick sm Library run to fucking get him his quest item. Yeah, no worries. I'll just make a coffee and come online.
Speaker 5: Great.
Speaker 1: So then Voodoo arrives. Well actually sorry, no, So then Voodoo comes online and we go, yeah, no worries, Voodoo will be here soon. He's just in Augrama two minutes away, and then we'll fucking blast it.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: Cool, No worries. So about two minutes goes by and I did see that Voodoo was in Augrama and then I mouse over his nameplate, his unit frame, and I go, Voodoo, why, why is the game telling me you're in bad Lands? And he's like, what do you mean? And I go like, what do you what do you mean? Where are you? What are you doing? And he's like, I'm on a flight to fucking sm And I go, what.
Speaker 4: Do you mean?
Speaker 1: You're on a flight to SM from bad Lands? And he's like, what do you mean? And I go, mate, there is a fucking perfectly fine zeppelin slash portal from Augrama to u se that you then jump on your little horsey and ride straight here. And he goes, oh, oh yeah about that? I I he just forgot. He didn't know, and so he's turned a two minute trip into a ten minute trip. I was I was beside myself. I was blowing up going this bloke, this bloke who didn't had never heard of the zone. As Shara doesn't know how to get from Orgrimad to Scarlet Monastery. I charge him with fucking I think he's a flat earther at this point, just no knowledge of geography. Do you think this charge is the stays held up? Can we can we sentence him Marcus or what?
Speaker 17: Look, I'm going to defend him because he was Yeah, you've thrown me under the bus here, I feel like I need to save him, and like he gave me another run as well. So he's successfully bribed me. Yeah, he's bribed the jury. And look, I'm gonna say that his intentions completely, like his good intentions, completely outweigh any of the little misconducts he may have made.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're going the mitigator. You you've given him a character reference, and you're saying there are mitigating circumstances even though are you still I mean, I say I can find him guilty, but you're saying the punishment should be nil because he's a good guilty.
Speaker 17: Well, like the intentions were that pure that he shouldn't even be found guilty.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I'd look, I tend to agree. He obviously was coming to help out friends, and here I am chewing him out for taking the long way there.
Speaker 17: It's definitely not the first time he's done something like this.
Speaker 1: It's definitely not you've have you experienced Voodoo's funny knowledge of the globe of azarov.
Speaker 15: Ah I am. I'm firmly in the camp of believing that he's doing the intentional incompetence to get away with more things than what he should because the amount of times when we're leveling where it was like, just go to here, where's that? What do you mean it's the main town? Where's that? We were there fifteen minutes ago. No, I don't know. I didn't get the flat path and you just go There's no way. This is impossible. This can't keep happening. So I think he's just taken us all for a ride, to be honest with his own amusement.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm at the point where I'm convinced I could be like, you know, may just come join me in Eastern Kingdoms. There's an Eastern Kingdoms.
Speaker 15: That is what he would be like for sure.
Speaker 17: What's wild is is like he can commit to memory within hours a fresh rust map that's right just been spawned, but a map that's been around for twenty years.
Speaker 1: No, no, hope, very good, very good. All right, those are my two stories. Now I've encouraged you all to try and think of something mildly entertaining while I've been taking up the first twenty minutes of the pod. Is any brave man going to step up and throw a guilty under the bus with the charge at the Kangaroo coid?
Speaker 17: Yes, all right, I've got one. It's he wrote, roaching out on a guild run.
Speaker 1: This is actually a serious one. This is a funny but serious one as well, because I want to come up with a legitimate punishment for this person, because this one actually rankled me a little bit beyond the funny side. I think this was actually pretty piss poor. Tell us the story, Markers and tell it with great drama and a plum.
Speaker 17: Well it was. It was just like just like any other day. Really, there's some moreys, some guild runs going into Countdown Guild, which is.
Speaker 1: Se he was angry that day, my friends.
Speaker 17: Yeah, which is you know, it's great. It's great to see that. And a fine gentleman named Merk has asked if anyone would like to go to Noma. Well, I'm hoored. I don't get to go there very much and I haven't really experienced it too much, so I was so yeah, I'll hear that. No worries and a rogue an undead rogue. No less in guild has said, I will come as well. We get summoned and the dungeons.
Speaker 1: You can throw the name out there. I think we're allowed to do that.
Speaker 17: Schmiek is the name of the undead Rogue, and I believe he is one of Ubiquitous's apprentices. If not in person, he has definitely read every piece of literature that Ubiquitous has put out on being and embodying the undead Rogue.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see, okay, disciple of Ubiquitous. Gotcha. It's like being a It's like being what do they call the Sith trainees. Gotcha?
Speaker 17: Yes, even got the same haircut that Ubiquitous uses, you know, like the little gankin undead rogue spiky hair or the mohawk.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 17: So off we go. If we go, we get to summon the Alliance players, summon us. There was another Countdown member there, throw was his name.
Speaker 1: I think, and and Crudef.
Speaker 17: Crudef wasn't there. However, I did see Crudef's council later on after the year.
Speaker 1: Got so three out of five members of the party Accountdown people.
Speaker 17: Four four including me. So there's me, there's Merk there's Schmiek, and there's Throw and we picked up another warrior from another guild who was a very nice person and didn't deserve this shabby treatment. Let me tell you, we entered the dungeon and all things are going pretty well. I flew a little bit close to the sun pressed like my torn priest racial ability, which is a bit of an AOI ability. I get beat up and die doesn't matter. Thorrow is just off heeled, and everybody survived, and we kill one of the bosses. We're on our way to crowd Pamela and there's a there's a point in there where there's a bit of a tricky pull and Merk bless him, has overpulled and didn't realize there was a well that frontal has just kind of killed everybody except for Schmeek because he has pop Sprint jumped and vanished, and then old Ford all of a sudden he's offline and has left us hanging for fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: As you as you guys, what you wiped on that pool? Except for him?
Speaker 17: We did. We did, except for Schneek, which is quite typical. The rogue Press is vanish and I kind of just figured he might go afk and have something, make some toast or make a cup of coffee or whatever. But he old Ford. That's my accusation is that he old Ford. There was no accidental disconnect about this.
Speaker 1: This was and he remained offline, never came back, and probably the worst part of it as well, never said a fucking word to any of you at the in the moment or since.
Speaker 17: Yeah, even the next day. He's in guild chat. I dropped a couple of subtle hints to the incident. His guild note has been well made better, I'd say by Krudef and myself, because I did see Crudev's counsel on this, and he was one hundred percent this guy's roached on you man like I believe your testimony, and he is a very reputable man.
Speaker 1: The wise counsel exactly, the guild, the guild doctor, if you.
Speaker 17: Will, yes, perhaps, yeah, he is our physic, he's our bones, yes, yeah, he is our bones. And he's conducted some investigative techniques, which is just He asked me what class this gentleman played, and I informed him there was a rogue, and well he prided a little deeper and asked, you know what race is this rope? And I said, well, Dad, he said, that's it. He's definitely done it. Undead rogue behavior, straight out of the ubiquitous play, a.
Speaker 1: Little bit little bit prejudicial, but that's okay. So so what I'm getting at is when you brought it up guild chat the next day, what did you say and what was the reply?
Speaker 17: I was just like, it was a bit of an offhanded, you know, I don't ditch your mates type remark. Okay, it was a quick just like you know, I didn't even direct it at him. I was just kind of hoping i'd get a you're sorry and I'm sorry type thing and nothing. Crickets radio silence. Well, I don't really have time for this guy. I know he roached, and he's obviously he's surely he's looked at his guild note and seen it. It's all in caps, like you can't miss it.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: I whispered, no, sorry, I whispered him today because I saw he was online, and because I'm rather incensed by this behavior. To be honest with you, all jokes aside, I think this is fucking dog shit. And I whispered him today when he was in Thunderbluff, and I said, hey, mate, are you in the countdown discord? Because I thought la last sort of shot at, you know, redemption and having a bit of fun with it, maybe get him in on this call to answer for his crimes, right, And he never replied to me. Now, look, he might have been literally just that's what people do. They go AFK and a capital city whatever. He was probably AFK whatever. But I'm gonna hit him up again later because I've got a funny feeling Crudef. Maybe I'm getting this wrong. I feel like Crudef might have reached out to say something as well and he got no reply. But maybe I'm misremembering that. But I'm going to try and reach out to him again later, and if I continue to get non replies, I'm actually seeking You know, I'm not the guild master you, He's the guild master. Everyone knows that. But I'm seeking counsel from all of you on this one. I would actually be calling for the World of Warcraft death penalty on this one, being a potential g kick. I am in sensed by this behavior, and I'm happy to be talked off the ledge, but I want to hear from the Council of twelve, and he would you guys have to say.
Speaker 17: Well, I'm not going to talk to you of the ledge he's on right now.
Speaker 3: There's anything we want to do.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I've tried to make him aware that he's currently being slandered investigated, and he seems to show no interest in defending himself, which may be in admittance of guilt, or maybe he's just an undead rogue and doesn't care about the opinions of sheep.
Speaker 17: You know, well, he's been something he may have read in your manifesto ubiquitous.
Speaker 15: Well, I mean I enjoyed his tactical prowess to not wipe like the rest of you. So, as far as I'm aware, he's just played well so far, I'd see no issues any fair enough?
Speaker 1: Are you whispering him now?
Speaker 12: You be?
Speaker 1: And he's not replying.
Speaker 15: I just typed it in guild chat.
Speaker 1: Okay, but he won't if he if he's they keep bringing it up in guildchat, and if he doesn't say anything and he doesn't reply to whispers, in my opinion, he's fucking gone because on I'm and look, Schmiek, if you'll listen to this and you want to come defend yourself. As you can see, there's a slight amount of tongue in cheek in this one. We're more than happy to hear from you. But this one just stinks to me of and we started to slowly root this out. People who are joining the guild who aren't actually really countdown listeners or Countdown community members. They've just latched on because they watched three minutes of a YouTube video and wanted to fucking get involved with what they thought was a big guild. It stinks to me a little bit of like, this guy's not a countdown bloke, He's just some fucking rando who's come along.
Speaker 17: Yeah, he'd never really even said anything. He actually also got an item in the run as well, which makes his crimes far more heinous in my opinion. He got a dagger from from Vile Vicious sorry, the elemental boss of Poison Elemental Right, taxic Avendra, what.
Speaker 1: About I want to hear from you other guys who haven't we heard from anyone who hasn't spoken yet, Henry, So I'll throw it to you. What what say you in the in the punishment or department for this one?
Speaker 6: Well, from the words of another undead rogue.
Speaker 3: He has brought shame.
Speaker 5: Upon all of us.
Speaker 1: I tend to agree.
Speaker 21: Yeah, And the thing is like, now, well, basically, no one's going to invade me to to a dungeon run because everyone's going to think that I'm going to do the same thing.
Speaker 1: He's he's tainted you guys, Jack, then Vestige, what say you in the punishment department?
Speaker 4: He's a rogue. He is gone, He's.
Speaker 1: Gone, the rogue slander. I love it. It's finally here gone, says Jack Vestige. Banishment, banishment every so. I so my suggestion of a gee kick is obviously not an outrageous one.
Speaker 17: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 20: Definitely.
Speaker 4: No, you never wroach out on guilty.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's that you're broaching out on guilty's as exactly exactly. Well, look is we'll give him one last opportunity because we don't fuck around in counter. I was actually just saying to the guys yesterday, this is in relation to everything. One of my biggest I'd love to hear from you guys in general on this one, just as a half serious asie. One of my biggest criticisms of guilds en Mass in World of Warcraft is. I respect that the game is meant to be fun, and I also respect that I get accused, justifiably so at times of having no chill. Oh you take all this shit too seriously. You're a really hard assed can't. You're a fucking piece of shit. Just relaxed, bro, It's a game, hahaha. But people say that often in relation to their behavior of being dickheads. Like people want to log onto World of Warcraft, and it's not that they want to necessarily escape and just muck around with their gamers. They want to be cockheads. And then when someone stands up to them being a fucking certifiable cockhead, they try to call you out as having no chill, which I greatly disagree with, but anyway, I digress. What I'm getting at is I feel like guilds historically are very slow to pull the trigger on g kicks. I think there's way too much bandwidth afforded to fuck wits within guilds. And I get that again, it is a game. It's not that serious. It's just a fucking group of random people. It's a guild whatever, who cares. But like any semi serious, even semi serious or hard or like proper guilds, I still find you get like really notable moments of dick hetery that leadership will really just sort of sit on because you could say that people are afraid of conflict and all that kind of shit, like it's not that serious. Who gives a shit, get over it. I'm the opposite. I'm like, if I get a whiff of and I've said this, like the rule of countdown is no fuck wits. If I get a whiff of fuck with behavior, like, I'm like, just just get rid of them. I don't know this guy, what the fuck do I owe him? Like, just fuck them off if they're ruining it for everyone else. How do you guys feel about guilds in their attitudes or lack of willingness to sort of pull the trigger on kicking people.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's usually like around guys that do work, you know, like the good damage, great healers, good tanks or whatever. Tanks are the ones that just get a pass with being absolute fucking cuns. Something that I've experienced in my twenty nineteen classic guild to be honest, actually the main tank was an absolute jerk and just like made everyone's experience bad. But he was the main tank, so there was no way he was getting.
Speaker 1: Kicked, right, any of the other guys got experience with this, go for it? Who is that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 16: If you want a sure fire away of killing a guild or having people just radlock leave a douchebag in, you're in your run.
Speaker 1: Yeah I agree? Do you do you agree? Yak? Have you noticed over the years that leaderships, no matter what guild you're in, are typically slow on acting on this kind of stuff?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 16: Absolutely, Like I've ran a couple of guilds since twenty nineteen Classic Launch, and like, like Hideous was saying, it's it's hard to if you have somebody that's like a main part of your raid, it's hard to call them out on their bullshit because then you have to replace them, right, and that's never easy. But if you don't, you know, just take action, then you're gonna leave lose other people, other people, your other friends.
Speaker 4: So it's not.
Speaker 16: It's better to just deal with it immediately.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's what I've always found, is like, trust me, like act quickly because it gets harder later on and you'll regret it. But like my thing is, and this is so easy for me to say, as you know, a non raider, and you guys are fair to criticize me for having my views sort of warped by the fact that I don't play this game at a hyper serious level or a passing level or anything like that. But you know, I would always say, personally, it's vibes over performance in a guild for me, like I want to jump in that voice chat and feel good as opposed to being surrounded by like just fucking weird cunts who get off on being weird. Oh but they're a good tank, Oh but they're a good healer, like I'd rather have. I don't care if we're personally like not clearing the content. I'd rather not clear the content and have fun on the beers with the boys, like a round of golf, then play with the dickhead who's just gonna, you know, be a cunt and belittle people, or not apply to people and steal like you know, roach out on people, or just just be a fuck wed in general, like fucking who needs that anyway before I move on anyone else on this one, before we move on.
Speaker 4: It's just if it's.
Speaker 16: Roaching out on Gillies is like ultimate dishonor right, like, you just don't do that. But even if it wasn't three other guildies in there with them, it makes the guild as a whole look bad, right Like, Yeah, if somebody sees somebody from Countdown get loot Ninja lout just you know, roach out like you did, They're gonna look at the whole guild is like, oh, well, they tolerate this, so why would we invite any of them to run?
Speaker 1: I agree, And look, there's there's a million valid reasons for doing what Schmid did. You know we joke about the like my cat's on fire, you know, alta for all that kind of stuff, but like you never know what's going on. I RL this is a really valid excuse of like we play with people all the time. Fuck it happens to me. It's human. We all know that things come up that you literally have to walk away from the keyboard and be like, I don't care if I'm in the middle of the dungeon. I've got to go and do this thing right now. And that's fine. Irl happens. That's totally cool. That the worst part for me was the non explanation afterwards, where we know that every single one of us, because we're normal, functioning, decent human beings, would reach out to those people, you know, six twelve eighteen twenty four hours later and be like, fuck, man, I am so sorry about the other day. Something came up. I had to do, I had to get up and address it. I am so sorry. Or good mate, no worries, it happens whatever. Just that one little line of like a social outreach is all it fucking takes, and you get completely absolved of your crimes. No worries, mate, Yep, all good, We don't care. Thank you for saying so. When you get to the point where that reach out never comes, and then on top of that, when the guild starts to sort of tippy toe around it and tongue in cheek bring it up in guild chat or directly whisper you and you don't reply. Well, now you're just looking like the fucking you know problem, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah, like being a being a good player never justifies bad behavior.
Speaker 1: So yeah, look like I say, schmeek, you might be listening to this guy and these guys are fucking out of control. How serious are they taking this? Jesus I had to run to the doctors like sorry, I quit your fucking dungeon.
Speaker 4: Boys.
Speaker 1: But like I say, you talk to the people afterwards, and quite frankly, like I say, I'm gonna whisper this guy, even though I'm not the GM, I'm going to do it on behalf of Ubiquitous, our fucking tyrant lord Ubiquitous. I'm going to reach out and be like, hey, mate, um, you know, are you are you there? Like they just want to figure out are you in the discord? Like what's what's your go If he doesn't reply, geekik the spot, I'm nine tenths of the way there. I don't want to put up with this shit. I think it's it's such a little thing, but it's such a big thing to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just five seconds of words.
Speaker 1: Right absolutely, And this it sets the tone for if you know, you've got to practice what you preach. If we are the no fuck WIT's Guild, we then we lay down the law and we're going to upset some people along the way. And I've sort of again I'll say I always do this like I was saying to the boys yesterday, but like we're not we are a group of gamers. But we're not the gamer guild, if that makes sense. And when I say gamer, I use that word in a very negative context. I've been very critical of gamers, you know, lowercase G, upper case a lowercase M, that kind of gamer over the years. I'm very critical of gamers because I think that there's a lot wrong with gaming and the people who game via the social act that you see. But we are not a gamer guild. We're not fucking weirdos. We don't, you know, get awkward socially. We're all like pretty I'd use this term, you know, how do I say this not to put a label on the term normal and you know, it's okay to be abnormal per se. But we are relatively as close as you can get to normal people that I know, Like, we talk the shit online all the time, we hang out, we have beers, we do what we do. But everyone's like, for my knowledge for the most part, a relatively young, working professional families and all that shit. We're all like relatively like minded people to congregate in countdown, and we're not We're not the kind of gamers that you might find in other guilds where things do get a little bit more like the wild Wild West and a little bit more weird and you know, wonky shit being set in guild chat and funny behavior like we're just not those people, and if you want to gain with those people, you know we are going to upset you. And people will say shit to countdown, like, oh, you guys are up tight, you guys fucking have no chill. Yeah. Sorry, If that's how your term having no chill, then we are the no chill Guild. Sorry, we've got to pull up our asses. That's just us. But where the fucking normal guild in my mind? And I'm gonna, you know, keep encouraging our Lord and Savior ubiquitous to you know, push the guild in that direction.
Speaker 15: I would like to point out that the kick hammer has been exercised already. Anyone will continue to be used thoroughly.
Speaker 1: What tell us a bit more about this?
Speaker 15: Oh, just the great numbers purge has already begun. Yes, if you're reaching, if you reach four between ten and fourteen days without logging on straight to Gulag. If it's a character that doesn't have your alt tag in the note and it reaches that straight to the Gulug, no mercy because you can always just get reinvited back. But yes, it's probably the first time I've ever actually kicked anyone from guilds. But I mean, and it's predominantly people that seem to have hit level eight and quit. Yeah, but still, you know, it's a warmed up muscle and if it needs use, it will be used.
Speaker 1: I like it. I like it, and I was all, I love that purge. The other day, I think we got rid of about thirty five people who had either just you know, dabbled with the game and decided it wasn't for them, or alts that hadn't been logged on too for a long time. But like Ubiquita says, guys like, don't feel like you can't just get reinvited, And we do understand. We already had one person say to us, hey, guys, my mate like goes out to see for weeks at a time, like, please don't kick his tune. He will be back. That's totally fine. Just let us know. We'll put a guild note on you. We won't kick you, but we are going to be relatively ruthless with the purge because we don't and we're not the guys that get off on seeing that large number next to like, oh, we've got three hundred people in the guild, mate, we'd rather it be one hundred people that actively log on than having six hundred and ninety people but fucking only seven of them play, you know what I mean. So we will keep up to date with that stuff. Now, that's a good one. That's thank you for that that charge, Marcus. I think we dealt with that appropriately, and we'll keep the podcast updated with the results of that that allegation. Does anyone else have any other stories for Kangaroo Court? Surely, surely someone can throw someone under the bus. Fuck make it up. I don't care.
Speaker 7: I'm made half one, all right, Caz, it should be yours? Okay, because a few days ago you were Lewelin and Teneris. Yes, and it's one of those new quests and nobody knows what to do or where to do this quest actually, and it was I think you were looking for an altar at the coast.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, you roll in gild cheat is.
Speaker 3: Is this quest even working?
Speaker 20: Is there even an altar?
Speaker 9: And I pointed out to you that it's far north, yes, And then you said, I don't know who it was.
Speaker 1: I know who it was. No, No, it was Gigantle.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you said this fucker sent me down the.
Speaker 20: Coast and there wasn't even an altar.
Speaker 4: And I see.
Speaker 20: You running around all the coast, up and down and not seeing anything.
Speaker 3: It's just hilarious.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad you reminded me about this story. I fucking forgot about this and this is okay, how do I say this? Gigantur has been with the Countdown community for years. He runs down and with us in epoch. You know, he's he's a good player, he's a good hunter. He is he loves Countdown. He gets randoms involved in the show all the time. But he is he is a moderation challenge. Not not for toxicity. Gigantaur is the the opposite of toxic. But he's just he's he's a challenge to deal with from an administrative level. And I don't think well, not that he won't mind me saying this, but he will know what I'm talking about because he and I have have butted heads many times over the years of just like trying to rain in what he says at times in the discord, just for being off on a fucking another planet at times, and also very confidently saying blatantly incorrect shit. And I've taken him to task, you know, many times over the years about this. Not even wou related in the discord. So in the guild chat, just like Cas says, he so confidently as I reach out to the guild and go, has anyone done this particular quest? Do you know where to go? I am so lost. He's so confidently and definitively and he's gonna see come on the show and be like, no, I said, I think that doesn't count. That's not how it fucking works. He replies in guilchat and goes and he didn't say I think. I'm like ninety nine percent sure. He goes down in the southwest, there is a guy in a hut. That's where you go for that one. And I go, thank you, and I run the five minutes down to the southwest, and I knew, I knew the part of the beach that he was talking about, And in the back of my head, I'm like, I just wasn't I just there. I'm fairly certain I didn't see an altar. But Gigantor has said, you know, he's the context within which he has made this statement suggests that he has done the quest and I've missed something. So I will return back to that area. I hall asked back down there nothing there. Then while I'm there, Kaz goes, yeah, I did that one. It's on the north side of the beach, five minutes in the literal polar opposite direction. And so I run up to where Kaz has said the altar is smack bang right there. I finished the quest. I say thank you, Kaz, and then I turned to Giganta and go, why the fuck did you answer my question when you number one haven't done the quest and number two have no fucking idea what you're talking about, And of course Giganta just got the like, oh, you know, I was just saying, I, you know, I think that's where it could be because I was around that area earlier. I just saw that NPC and thought that's what you know could be. And I'm like, that's that's not how shit works. When people ask for advice, don't don't get in the realm of like, maybe it's this. I specifically said, has anyone done this quest? And you haven't done it and you don't know, so that's when you keep quiet. But anyway, suffice to say, again, no chi coming out better.
Speaker 20: To make you feel a little bit better. I ran up and down the coast back three times and I didn't see this fucking alter. So here you go.
Speaker 1: That does make me feel better. But yeah, that's a phenomenal charge for kangaroo court. Gigant Or, who I love to death and yet is also somehow remains the bane of my existence, is charged, and as far as I'm concerned, found guilty of leading guilty's astray with shit he does not know about. So don't don't just just be wary when Gigantor throws the old advice out there, Gigantor, I love you, come back on the show and defend yourself by all means, boys, are we Are we going guilty for that one?
Speaker 15: Absolutely? Absolutely, that would have that would have sent me off my fucking rock.
Speaker 1: I went fucking nuts because it's not like it's not it is nothing, you go, it was only five minutes of travel time, but I'm like, it was a long fucking walk, and I'm like, you're killing me. But anyway, I digress seems to be harsh against the guilty. That's years of years of backstory between me and Giganta or behind the fire with that story. Sorry, Kaz, I do that.
Speaker 3: I do that to people irl. Actually, so I'm not much better.
Speaker 6: Than if someone someone comes to ask me for directions to this point at any direction.
Speaker 1: No, you can't do that.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 7: Oh god, I.
Speaker 4: Have no clue. I don't know.
Speaker 15: I don't want to sound like an idiot, like.
Speaker 1: But this is the thing. It's an epidemic of people just answering question since they don't know the answer to, but feeling socially awkward to the need to provide an answer.
Speaker 3: Oh, I just want to help, exactly.
Speaker 1: I just want to help. Oh my god. All right, that was a good one. Thank you for letting me vent there. Now, Uh is that about it? That's a pretty good kangaroo court session. If anyone has anything else, let me know.
Speaker 12: I have a ticki tac one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go for it.
Speaker 12: So I was in hinterland, just questing, killing some fish, and Lushy from the Guild comes along waves in me. So, yeah, Hi, how's it going. He's alliance. I'm horrid. Of course we can do cross faction here. I'm nice enough and I just quickly group with him so I can give him some fort and divine spirit buff and he gives me a blessing of wisdom, you know whatever. And he heads off on his way and I keep killing fish. About two minutes later, I all of a sudden get butt fucked by a rogue and I'm like, hmmm, that's very interesting. I didn't I didn't flag myself well by giving him the buffs. I flagged myself. So I am upset that.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 12: Flagged for PvP and me, being nice, got myself.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, I see what you're saying. I I wo. Let's get inside the mind of a killer here, I reckon Lushy knew exactly what he was doing.
Speaker 12: He did it with intent.
Speaker 1: What a crafty premeditation like, I think that's accompliced to murder.
Speaker 12: I'm pretty sure he was working with the rogue too. I'm gonna go that far.
Speaker 1: Lushy, Lushy, Lushy. It's brilliant, it's diabolical, it's machiavellian. I fucking love it. But uh yeah, we'll have to get Lushy on there to answer for that one. That could be a bit of fun. What do you reckon on that one you be.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it seems like a bit of a sinister motives going on there, for sure, very.
Speaker 1: Good, but yeah, a lot of people are complaining, well not complaining, but noticing that. Yes, guys, if like, be careful who you know, buyer beware on the buffs. You know, if you buff people who are flagged for PvP and you are not, it will draw you into the equation. So please, if you don't have war mode on, if you don't have PvP on, you want to go about your merry way, and you are a buff giver, then just be aware of what you're doing. Luckily, as a warlock, I don't have this issue, although even though everyone in the guild will tell you that I'm a little bit slow on the draw with the old unending Breath, I do get them out eventually, and I have been giving them to randoms here and there, and I've definitely thrown out unending breaths without checking the PvP status first, and I've luckily dodged all the bullets to this point. But I presume Unending Breath would flag you as well. It's still a buff, it's got no reason not to flag you. But it hasn't done it for me, so that's one. But yeah, all right, guys, Well look let's let's wind up Kangaroo Court there. I think that's a good session. Let's talk a bit more about the game. I want to just bring up something while I remember, because now that we're getting into the business end of the game for me, I know, ever, it's totally cool to be whatever level you are, if you're fucking level eighteen, if you're level thirty four, whatever, as long as you having fun. But you know, most of us on the podcast are getting towards the business end of the game now. I'm just about to dig fifty five. UB's been sixty for fucking eight years, you know, all my crews getting up there in the mid to high fifties now, and we're starting to you know, encroach on what could be considered now endgame content. So by that, I mean, you know, I took my first steps into BRD, which is great, Like that's something you'll probably still be running at sixty. Plan is eventually start doing your scholars you strats, all that shit. And I got my first look at Epoch's take on BRD, I you know, thoroughly enjoyed it. But there were a couple of interesting notes, and I think, you know, I went in and I believe I was fifty two when we went in. I can't remember. Maybe I digged fifty three in the dungeon in the early outset of the dungeons, so everyone else was like fifty five, fifty six. I'm fifty three. And we go through it and we did everything up to and including the seven, but we skipped Ambassador flame Lash and I'll tell you why right now. So BRD was fun. It was you know, there's you will see new things in the arena and everything. You know, the same deal as all your other dungeons. There's a few new mechanics here and there, nice fun little challenge. I still think that Epoch. One of the best things about this server is how well they have fucking nailed like the perfect creamy center of dungeon difficulty. It's it's not a cakewalk, but it's not dumb hard either. It's just the bosses. As you get sort of more towards the higher end of the game, the bosses, you know, you have to sort of pay attention a little bit, and it's good, you know, talk to people about Iranicus in sunken temple and whatnot. But also we get to Ambassador flame lash, and I want to say, and I want to know if you guys agree, you BEI curllous you mainly will solaly probably be chiming in on this one. I want to say it's bugged because I won't go spoilery. We're not going to fully detail what this boss does. But all the way I'll put it is a mechanic is engaged when he gets to about seventy five percent health, and the problem is you do the thing that you would ordinarily presume stops this or turns off this mechanic. We know, you know, boss kind of pauses, he engages some kind of mechanic, and then you see something else to do. You go and do the other thing, which you then presume presses the button that re engages the boss, turns off his mechanic, and you go back to business as usual, downing the boss. The boss never turns off his mechanic once you do the other thing. So I say he's bugged it. Basically, I'll just say it.
Speaker 3: The dee buff that he had on him said, like, this is going to continue while the ads are up.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yeah, exactly how.
Speaker 3: We're gone, and he was still doing it.
Speaker 1: Yes, so he brings in some ads and I guess I'm not going to spoilery, but like he becomes immune to magic and he brings up some ads. So I refuse to believe that it was the designer's intent to have this boss remain magically immune for the last three quarters of the fight. It literally makes no sense.
Speaker 3: Well also, it was literally bugged to the point where the one other spoiler is that he deals in AOI like a constant pulsing AOI damage that.
Speaker 1: Fuck it, fuck it, let's just tell them everything at this point.
Speaker 3: Well, I just it's important because when we when we came back after dying, we weren't even in the boss room and it was still hitting them. Yes, like we teleported two like you know, a little ways away, like not certainly not within range, and then we all died again without even gaining on anything.
Speaker 1: It's definitely well at this point, like we might as well discuss it with Like, guys, if you don't want to hear about this boss, you know, skip forward two, three, four, five minutes in the podcast. We've we've said the cats out of the back. Now we've said, that's okay, that's like, it's not the biggest deal. Let's just discuss the boss fight boss fight then, because I actually think without the barg this would be the example that I'm plucking from this dungeon and really singing from the rooftops about like, I love this encounter. I love the way they have changed this encounter. It's very smart. It's simple changes but effective. It is very appropriately difficult, and I'm living in the hypothetical worlds where okay, so here's what happened.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 1: You go in, you fight him normally, okay, cool, whatever. He gets down to seventy five percent health. He now summons two big bad file fire elemental elites like your flame guards, right, cool, whatever. You He then pulses this AoE damage and he will continue to pulse it rather quickly. It's a DPS race. You've got it down these two mobs. Then you presume when you down the two ads, his magical immunity will go away. He's not physical immune, he's just magically immune while he's you know, pulsing this AoE and you need to kill the ads. So we on the second we wiped the first attempt because we were working it out. The second attempt banish one of the fire elementals, which I eventually was able to do a little bit of a targeting snafoo there, which other players have noticed as well, is weird at times. Get the banish off, then we down one mob, then we down the second mob, and back to the boss. Problem is he doesn't then shift into his next phase. He doesn't drop the magical immunity. He just stands there forever and continues to pulse his AoE damage while only the physical people can hit him. And we wiped a second time because we had castes in the group and we just couldn't do enough damage, and the Healer runs out of manna in the hypothetical world Axle, where you know, we can imagine what this boss would feel like if it were working. I think it's a ten out of ten in council, do you agree.
Speaker 3: I like the design, but the numbers around it are just way off. It's so overtuned, and like, this is my fourth attempt now on this dude, and like being the Healer, I'm oom at him being at seventy five percent health.
Speaker 17: Oh okay, right, And and we.
Speaker 3: Had our tank off healing, which is how we even survived to that point. So yeah, then you know our lads is a paladin and the element. You know, the ads just have so much friggin health, so they take forever to down. And you know, Sounami and the Guild has told us that they've you know, she knows people who have done it, but the only way they've done it is by bringing pure physical you know comps that just zerg him and focus him and just make it a pure race. And I personally think that then makes the counter way less fun. So I like the design of it. As far as the mechanics go. It's just the he needs to be taken down a notch and the the ads.
Speaker 1: Need to have That's fair enough, and we'll dive a bit more into the numbers. I'll just say I've got breaking news here on the side. Well, we've had another I know we just ended the Kangaroo Court session, but I've had another late charge submitted to the court and filed with the Admin desk, and Lazarus has said Josh I would like to bring Axel up on Kangaroo court charges for spoiling the Ambassador flame lash encounter to the community.
Speaker 3: That's a very fair. I have no real defense.
Speaker 1: Guilty guilty, flame lash him.
Speaker 15: All right, did you guys get to Magnus and stuff then after that or did you not yesterday?
Speaker 3: I've done it, and Las have done it previously. He is also overtuned, but not as bad, not nearly as bad.
Speaker 15: Okay, Yeah, I've been getting a lot of whispers in game, like when people are forming groups, and there's lots of BRD groups that are like, we're only taking level fifty eighths and above because it's that much of a ball lake towards the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just that I really feel. Yeah, it does feel like the first half is fine other than the flame marsh, but the.
Speaker 1: Back half let me throw let me throw this out. And I'm not saying this is the case. I'm just wondering if it's a possibility, and I want you to shoot me down if you think I'm way off. Is it potentially the case that the designer of this particular one has gone, you know what? Fuck you all? The back half of BID is fully intended for sixty plus, for sixty plus, you know what I mean, level sixteen.
Speaker 15: I was thinking about that, and I'm kind of warming up to it to be honest, like it is arguably the greatest dungeon in classic for just how much of a fucking metropolis that it is.
Speaker 22: And I don't know, I'm kind of I'm kind.
Speaker 15: Of vibing with it that, like, yeah, Arena runs a f your low fifties, and then if you want to go clear into a Princess run, it's like a level sixty dungeon. I don't really hate the idea, but nor.
Speaker 1: Do I probably nor do I AXL. I want you to sort of open your mind and think about this. And I know it's hard to say, but if I were to say to you, do you think if you were sixty with decent blues, could you have done the Flame Lash?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 3: I don't think we could have done Flame Last yeven if we were sixty with our comp because they're too magic heavy. I think, yeah, fair enough. If we're magnus. I think if we were all like maybe fifty eight, which I would say personally, that's where I would put it. It's like, okay, you need to all have a be at least fifty eight plus to like clear the back half of BRD. I think that would make sense. I think requiring it to be sixty when those first mobs are like in their forties, a.
Speaker 1: Little ridiculous, you're not on board, I'll chuck out the warning.
Speaker 15: Then that level sixty dungeons have many things that require you to have a balanced group entirely, Like if you if you don't want to bring a spell caster and physical DPS, then you're gonna hate most of level sixty.
Speaker 1: Anyway, there you go.
Speaker 15: There's there's straight up just pure immune mobs in say scolo for example, where I've been the only person in the entire party that can do a magic damage, so I just have to solo to elites while the party watches. Yeah, so stack taunt immune and everything like, I have to kite them to kill these elites while the party to stand around.
Speaker 1: I'm into it. I'm into like forcing people into party balance. I think that's kind of fun.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I think it's like there's been heaps of things in this version of the game where you go and you go actually it's kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Well, it's interesting.
Speaker 4: It's different.
Speaker 1: It's interesting on this one because I do understand people who might be on the other side of the argument going like fuck you like and people are like, how do I put this. There are a lot of people who dintalote who don't like to be told how to play the game. Fuck you. If I want to stack warriors, then the fucking game should let me stack warriors. Don't you fucking tell me how to do my meta. That is an opinion out there. Also, you could say, and they may say this in bad faith, but you know it is a potential good faith argument as well to say, but seriously, what if all my friends are Malay and now I have to break up my friends group because the game is saying we need to be balanced. That's fucking bullshit. Man. I I see where you're coming from, but like, I'm still more on board with the game sort of saying to you, like, hey, a major warlock, a warrior, a palettin, and a rogue might be a good idea.
Speaker 15: Yeah, And I'm saying lot of If anything, it's a very good excuse for you to say that I'm the caster. I form my group without another caster DPS, and it's no longer because you're a loot gobblin. It's because, like, no, it's just better to have balance in parties now when you do stuff. So every grip that I've been going to has like a male like a shaman, because they're like a hybrid. They can help with both one physical damage, one cast of damage, and then obviously whatever healer and tank you can get. So I think it's good. I still would hate to see hard immune bosses, but I don't mind it when it's just a couple of packs in a dungeon that just chuck a curveball at you so that you have to do things differently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say that the thing to be wary of exactly is bosses because you know, you kind of tanks are not plentiful, and so if you have a magic immune tank, things, paladins just can't tank it. Now you've lost a thirty your potential tanks and paladine are probably more than a third of the tank options realistically, just because of how heavily played they are. So I just would be wary about taking it too far, you know. Yeah, like going you need to make sure you have at least one physical damage dealer and at least one magic dealer in your group. That's fine, right if you're if your hybrid shamans can kind of you know, assist in either role and you can figure like, I don't mind people having to figure out some janky ways to get through, but I ultimately I've been big on play with your friends this particular go around. That's probably why I've been playing as much as I have.
Speaker 1: I'd love to hear from all you other guys. I want to know whether you I don't want the game to tell me what to do, versus you know party balance is good, you be equitous. I've been. I've been accused rather rather vigorously in the old YouTube comments, and you all know my thoughts on YouTube comments, but I've been accused of apparently stacking the podcast with yes men who were too afraid to disagree with my opinions on this show, which I won't even bother addressing how laughable I think that is. But you know, if you agree with that, let me know you be. But also I encouraged someone to fucking clap back at me and say, Josh, you're wrong. Party balance is shit. I want to stack four warriors in my in my scolo.
Speaker 17: I think there's I think party balance is good, but I think the way that's been described now is a fucking shit way of doing it. Making people just stand there twiddle their thumbs while a rogue kites things around for five minutes killing it fucking sucks. That's poor poor design. Probably figure out a different way to.
Speaker 15: Do it that. It's the mobs I'm talking about turn into a shade that becomes physically damage immune. So if my groups weren't so fucking shit, they would have unlocked it and we would blow it up as a team. But no, the rogue doesn't cheap shot, the rogue doesn't kidney. They just zug zug and then after like one second, it turns into a physical immune mob that I have to solo.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been in a good group in your life?
Speaker 15: Ah? Yes, I did have one fantastic dungeon the other day. But no, it's just I'm telling you. I mean, we predicted this. The quality of player on this server is categorically below by a chunk then what official servers are. Yes, I would agree, and it has shown the like.
Speaker 1: Still it's better than I've expected. I had the bar prep set pretty low.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I think surprisingly a lot of the tanks have been okay. But god damn man, these private server hunters, they're bringing back two thousand and four in the worst way. So they're the worst player all the time. Every time the hunter is the worst. I just don't understand. So, but I have had good runs, and I don't know. I'm kind of doing this strange thing at sixty where it's like when you go on holidays and you make sure to do touristy shit all day so that you feel validated to just go hit the local pub at night and meet the locals. I'm doing quests in Western Playglands at the moment to give shit gold and obviously no XP because I'm sixty, just because it's a new hub that I didn't realize existed when I leveled through it. Well, I guess on that tangent, if you think Western Plaguelands had nothing new, you need to go to the island that scholar mancs on and that is actually the quest hub for Western Playglands. Now I've come to learn. There you go, so go out of your way to do it. It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Let me just say, while I'm doing the sour grapes thing and I bring it up, Marcus, I couldn't tell. Sorry, you have to tell me. So were you disagreeing with my take on this?
Speaker 17: Disagreeing with how it's been executed. I wouldn't say I'm disagreeing with your take.
Speaker 1: I think it's because if you're disagreeing with me, I'll kick you from the fucking discord. Never talk to you, man.
Speaker 17: I think I'm a yes man, you know. Nah, But like, I'm not disagreeing with the premise of what you're saying, but the way it's been executed here seems like not the best. Like that fight that you guys encountered yesterday and you just discussed. Now, unless that's a bug, like I'm going to be really disappointed.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, if it's not a bug, it would be ridiculous. But yeah, so there's what we got for it.
Speaker 3: We got sixteen it's a bug and it's overturn.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so yeah, sixteen people on the call, right.
Speaker 17: Just like and spamming abilities to make things harder kind of sucks as well as just cranking damage up kind of sucks. Is like, make things technically more difficult, not just this damage immune like this particular damage.
Speaker 15: I'm the polar opposite. I love the spell spamming from MOBS. I think it's fucking great.
Speaker 17: Okay, we different spells. I'd be okay with it. But the same fucking spell, like especially the super annoying ones like snap kick or fucking something like that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's what I mean. I just I'm literally fighting vultures. Or I was like two minutes.
Speaker 1: Ago that have the old knockdown.
Speaker 15: Knockdown one and a half seconds stun, and I had the little half a second of it. I haven't had breakfast fucking tantrum. This is fucking bullshit. And then I went, ah, fine, I'll you slow, I'll actually frosten over it. I'll blink out of the fucking stun. Wow, look at me, I'm pressing more than just fucking k blast to blow something up. And then I was like grateful for the fucking experience compared to every other mob I've killed this morning. I don't know, I just like that they at least do something.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean, I guess it's the easiest way to do it, but it's also be the lamest way to do it. They probably could have done it better, but again it's there to have.
Speaker 15: You want mobs to have rotations, well.
Speaker 17: They probably could like rotate two abilities maybe instead of just like knockdown knockdown, knockdown knockdown, just spammed every three seconds seems just lazy, but I guess I understand it.
Speaker 1: No, I'm with you, Marcus. I agree with you. I think they could do more than one thing, and we know these moments that have more than one ability.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I've I've encountered plenty of mobs that have like two or three abilities.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Yeah, the pummel and knockdown is a brutal combo. There's been a few of them out in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm with I am with you, though, I've been mostly happy with it, Like there's there's moments of frustration, but I've been still mostly happy with it, like it's it my my rage. I keep saying, my one rage moment in silver Pine seems like a distant memory, and everything difficulty wise with this game post silver Pine has felt really good. Yeah, guys, let's talk a bit more about some of the things you've seen that are new. Now. I'm in Angorero at the moment, and I haven't actually really seen that many new quests. The guys you'll say they are there, and I've seen a few new ones, but like nothing outrageous. So Ubi, I do accuse you of hyping up Angoro a bit too much. I think it's really mostly still the same thing.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm going to.
Speaker 15: I would like to defend myself. I didn't say they added a whole bunch. They just added some cool shit around the perimeter.
Speaker 1: But you said Angro was your second favorite new like second favorite zone.
Speaker 15: Now second favorite might need to get a clip on that. It was my It's already a good zone and then they've just added the ten to fifteen percent on top. So maybe interpreted incorrectly. Well I didn't. I didn't. I didn't explain it properly. I just it's still one of the best leveling zones. Is kind of what I'm meant.
Speaker 1: Now there, and it met it even better for me. The only thing I came.
Speaker 3: In here earlier today, i've gotten almost two levels and I'm.
Speaker 1: Not Yeah, but that's but that's Angora's always been good at that.
Speaker 3: I came in at fifty six, not like fair I've done fifty yeah.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, fair enough, fair enough. I think the only like notable cool new thing they added in Angorro was just like, there's a reason to kill a devil saw Now I don't know, and there's apparently what the like you said like the Devil Saw mafia is fucking how do you run a Devil Saw mafia? When there's a quest for the mob.
Speaker 15: They still just camp it and you have to beg the uh usually broken English speaking, So that's guildless to let you be in their party while they kill it and then you get your quest and they get the skin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 15: I think his name was Vanilla g Yeah. I hope he's still out there.
Speaker 1: I've seen him.
Speaker 15: He let anyone that asked, He let you in for free, gave you the fucking gave you the kill tag or whatever, and then off you go. And he was happy to just help anyone that asked.
Speaker 22: All right, he let me into. But then I've skilled the devils, skin the devils right away.
Speaker 1: You've made.
Speaker 15: You have begun his villain arc and he's never gonna let anyone do that question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've made the list for sure.
Speaker 4: This will be his origin story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, what was I gonna say. I'm off to as Shara next, which I'm very excited for because I presume they've done a lot with it, because we always highlight as Shara as the one zone you could do the most with. So maybe I'm setting the bar too high in my mind.
Speaker 15: I give as Shira a five out of ten. Oh, the geography of the zone is still just such a fucking torture. It makes it incredible sad to be in.
Speaker 3: It's just plenty of new quests, but it's just the shit geography. Unless they had a bunch of ways to get to and from the shore like, which they didn't, then it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well is there is? Just as I'm on these last steps of my journey, Like I said, I'm about to sing fifty five, you be where should I be looking to go? If I'm trying to sniff out new content? Like burning Steps will be one I was going to go down.
Speaker 15: You're selling me off it now I would now that I am doing it literally this morning. I really recommend if you're like fifty five, go to Western Plaguelands and you go to the Scholarman's Island, And the whole gist of it that I wasn't aware of is like you go there, you get a quest and as I go, talk to the students around the island, and then if you actually be bothered to do that, I completely ignored it. All of them become quest NPCs, like, now I'm twelve quest into Western plague lands and it is the whole school of scholarmnts like storyline kind of shit, right, and it's sending you off to crips and the like, the scarlet people up north, all that shit. So I think, in my on my next character, if I came here and did the bulwark. Plus, this island of this zone is actually quite thorough now.
Speaker 1: So maybe what I could do is finish up on Goro B fifty five and a half, go to double you reckon fifty five for WPL. Yeah or is that a little bit?
Speaker 15: Yeah, that'd be perfect, Like everything here is fifty two to fifty five.
Speaker 1: Okay, so do WPL. Then let's say I finished WPL at fifty seven. What would you recommend next content?
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, Bernie Steps or Windo Grass.
Speaker 1: Both of them have yeah renovated, So those if I just yeah wp L winter Grass burning Steps should get me from fifty five to sixty.
Speaker 15: Yeah, easily. I think Winter Grass was probably going to come out as my favorite zone so far.
Speaker 1: Winter sorry, winter Spring again?
Speaker 4: Can we go on to the north end?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Winter Spring?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my bad? Very good? All right, Well I'll do that I'll fuck as Shara off, which is a bit of a shame, and I'll go see this other stuff because the scholar mans thing does sound cool to me. I still won't touch EPL with a ten foot pole because I fucking hate that zone.
Speaker 15: I yeah, I wouldn't. I mean again, maybe I've done it wrong, but it's just I didn't really see anything that new or enticing in Eastern Playlands for leveling, Like I'm I'm never going to take another character there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fair enough. Tell us a bit more about what you've seen UBI in terms of you know you've done your scholars I don't know if you've done as Strat. Talk to us about these level sixty dungeons without giving too much away and just your initial thoughts.
Speaker 15: I think they've done really, really well. I like every single dungeon that I've done. I like doing them. I've done like three or four Scholars. I've done Strath on Dead Strath Live. I did Ubers last night that was really cool, done Lowers with all with new ship. Yep, there's new. Well, the bosses do new stuff that is actually relevant, Like we wiped four times on the last boss of Ubers and it's a five man dungeon now, so that's kind of cool, but and it was still only it was an our twenty minutes run, and like twenty minutes of that was running back because it's a fucking prick of a run to get back to that last room.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 15: But all the bosses just have abilities that make you fucking play the game. It's just nice. It's nice to not just pull the boss and press one button for forty five seconds and it falls over, and like the it I'm actually the most envious of healers because they do things now, like the whole the whole party is taking damage from something at some point, Like it feels like every boss fight, even Scholomance, like those last the six minibosses before the final boss, like they do shit, like they're just it's not just an NPC that takes twice as long to kill anymore. But yeah, I like what they've done. And even the trash packs are just a bit more brutal. I've c seed more than I have probably since doing the very first heroics in TBC, and you actually, you know if there's a six pack or if your tank for some reason hates pulling back to the previous room. You just got to be ready because the agro is so wonky. Like some when Scholar we ended up with like a sixteen mob pool just instant wipe. But no, it's been really really good, like the if you like the leveling up dungeons, I think they've kind of nailed the sixty stuff really really cool.
Speaker 1: I still really really like it. And as a DPS player, I hitting my CC and I know, like Laz is here listening in, and please Laz, by no means am I saying you have to talk here? But I'm just gonna say, like I feel horrible, you know, well I don't feel bad, but like I feel like I'm giving Laz the shits massively because there are just moments when I'm like, I have to fear here, Like I fucking have to fear or this tank dies because he's got five mobs on him beating the living shit out of him, and I can just delete one of those mobs with a fear, and like, I respect that fear is something that tanks a historically incredibly like wary of. But like in this version of the game, when you're pulling back, you know, into a good space in the room beforehand or whatever, And like I said, it does, it really does look like the fear is running about fifty percent less than they used to, so they're not running off to Tim Buckt when pulling the whole room full of Mobsnake's door. I really feel the need and the want to help out with my CC and I hate even though I'm like, the tank's gonna fucking freak out when I send this fear out, but I really feel like it's the best decision in this particular moment. I get that feeling a lot, and I like it.
Speaker 3: I feel like you're I feel like you're a little biased because our br D run yesterday was probably the worst performing me in last have been in br D, both of us.
Speaker 1: It's tough. It's a tough dungeon.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, but we went in there at lower levels and had an easier time. I think I think Lads was a little over aggressive because he's a little higher and he's got a fancy new weapon, and I, you know, waiting that extra hour for you to finish with Marcus had a couple of extra beers, and my reaction times and decision making, we're not as good as they probably as a healer.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. All I'm getting at it. All I'm getting at is pressing CC buttons feels good, and I don't know. I don't like being discouraged from pressing it. And I hate this.
Speaker 3: Like it was cool when you banished.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and I was gonna call I was going to kangaroo court myself for this one, Axule, because like I would hope that I know this is going to seem like that, you know, haha, that's all. It's always fun to laugh at Josh for being a fucking you know, he's the content creator, he's the fucking shitty player, all that stuff, even though I still am determined to prove people that I'm nowhere near as shit as people seem to think I am. I think a lot of players have probably been in this situation. Like I'm I'm not a warlock veteran, guys. I keep calling myself a first time warlock, but what I really mean by that is, yes, I've played warlocks in the past, but I've never played one seriously, if that makes sense. So the warlock I had in Classic, you guys know, I've told this story before. I was the massive fuck with who five boxed a multi box team purely by dungeon leveling. I had a Warrior, a Warlock, a mage, fucking something else. And I this is in like twenty twenty. I had a multi box team, and you know, I used the software because it was you know, I think I said as soon as they illegalized the software as when I started trying it out, because I'd never heard of it before, and I was like, oh, this is cool. I can do dungeons alone and play the game alone and I don't need anyone else, and this is fun. And I leveled a team up to sixty and seventy just doing that basically. So I had a Warlock at seventy and TBC Classic, but I never really properly leveled it before. I'd never played one on its own to learn the class. I don't multibox anymore. I think multi boxing is a fucking joke. Now I've really turned one eighty on it and my attitude towards it. But but now that I've leveled this Warlock, it's really the first time I've truly done it in a classic world, going, oh, this is what it feels like to properly play and have to survive on your own as a warlock, and you don't get banish until I'm going to get at the level wrong, but it's late. You don't get banished until like forty two, forty four or some shit like that. You warlocks will know. And then, more importantly, even once you get banish, like you never hit that button once in the open world when you're leveling solo, like, you have no fucking reason to ever banish anything right unless you've for some reason truly up shit creek about to die and you've got an elemental or a demon on you. You just don't hit it right. So every class has this ability that they get late in the game that if you're not used to the class, you kind of forget that you've got it. So like we get to Ambassador flame Lash and we wiped the first time, and I said, We're sitting there brainstorming and going Okay, no, guys, we can do this, we can do this. Let's talk strat and at some point someone goes, well, Josh, why don't you just banish one of the two ads that comes out? And I went, oh yeah, And I heard someone laughing discord because they're probably thinking this fucking idiot warlock. But like I just I legitimately forgot I had the fucking spell and I cast it for the first time in my fucking life on that second attempt. But now I know I've got it and it's a great spell. So I guess what I'm getting at is, yeah, okay, I'm a bit of a fuck with it. But also, have you guys had those moments or do you know that spell for your class you get so late and forget that you've then got.
Speaker 17: Fade. I forget. I have that one all the time, very good spell you get like a level eight. Yeah, yeah, I just never press it, bro, I just like I'm just too chad for that. Yeah, I don't need to drop threat. I need to be the most threatening man in the dungeon.
Speaker 1: I'll actually give you. I'll give you Lee Wou on this one, because again, if you're leveling and you're not, like you know, you just have no. I get that we do dungeons while we level, but you fucking never press fade.
Speaker 22: We haven't got the walls on gulps. Then a dodge for the PvP, No, I don't. It actually does it gives you dodge in wars on golfs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I pressed flame tongue totem for the first time in my entire shaman career. When it's my main class, I play just because of the way they've changed it. Yesterday we finally had a group where it was appropriate.
Speaker 1: Yak's got a great example, shackle undead, perfect example.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I've seen a few shackles get used so far in.
Speaker 1: Dung, but they don't get it until like fucking fifty nine and a half. It's quite late. When they get it.
Speaker 12: We get it like in our thirties, but it just becomes very it's very situational.
Speaker 1: I thought it was in the forties. Okay, my bad, My bad.
Speaker 17: It's a bit.
Speaker 12: I'm fifty and I got like two ranks.
Speaker 15: Of it already.
Speaker 1: Okay, my bad, all right.
Speaker 12: But like I don't use my control. I keep forgetting I have my control.
Speaker 17: Oh mate, that's the first speller I remember I have. They're just gonna mind control and eat someone off something. That's like the first fun for PvP.
Speaker 12: It's yeah, it's I always remember to use that there. But like PVEE content, I always forget, like, oh, maybe I could mind control somebody and do something.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm just trying to make myself feel better, so like, thank you for that, guys. The moral of the story is still fucking Josh has got a lot to learn. I'm really enjoying learning warlock warlocks are And a few people are starting to not notice this on the subreddit. Look, this was a calculated choice by me. Yes, I've never I did it because I've never seriously leveled a Warlock before, like I said, but also I looked into the Epoch Warlock before I rolled it, and I was like, I really just think on paper this thing could pump because the drainsul thing is such a big chain and just them getting seed of corruption in this version of the game. I'm like, look, yeah, we all know, okay, yes, warlocks have always historically been the pumper of TBC and it's a TBC base and I get that, but this isn't tbc's it's epos put a twist on it. But it was still like, oh, I really think this Warlock is going to be a fucking force to be reckoned with. And it seems like people are coming back with some reports of damage meters going like we all bitch and moaned and you know, I'm guilty of this bitch, and moaned about the Hunters through the leveling process, going, oh, why they're doing twice the damage of everyone else. That's a bit weird. It seems that like the script flips at sixty and people are saying warlocks are doing twice the damage of everyone else. Have you noticed this or not.
Speaker 15: I haven't had a single warlock in any of my dungeons yet. Okay from everyone else. I mean people keep telling, well, people are like two people said, supposed to be STI as well, right, And it's like, I mean, it's tier. If the boss dies in twenty seconds, it's not it's not that great. If the boss lasts more than a minute, that's just the arcane life. But yeah, I think this. I've still got the eternal gripe that like, hunters are doing as much damage as me, and they just get to send a pet in an auto shoot and that's like seventy percent of their damage, and they're pressing one other button and it's like, fuck, man, I'm popping like four cool downs and all this other bullshit and managing manner to just keep up with an auto shooting bot.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Yeah, So that's the bane of my existence. But it has been very, very fair from what I've seen. Yeah, like I've been in been in parties with Pali's Warriors, Rogues, Hunters, Majors, Shamans, and like all of us either have packs that we pop off on or situations that we pop off in, but overall it's all pretty similar.
Speaker 1: I'm the only the main thing I'm wrestling with is at the moment, and it's hard to sort of say, oh, you've got the Warlocks, tell me what you think, But none of you have played this version Warlock before, so it's kind of pointless reaching out for advice unless someone is playing a high level Warlock on Epoch. But like, there's a there's a weird moment during the encounter where it's kind of like I'm still getting the feel for it with you know, when do I shadow burn and when do I start learning? When to start drained Soul Because it is a high powered execute that's empowered by the level of health that the mob has. It it's a fine art. I have worked it out for the most part, but it is a fine art figuring out when to start that execute because execute effectively damage wise is sending out a shadow bolt every tick, So it's like a twelve second cast or something, but it sits there in a channels. You all know how drain soul works, but effectively, every two and a half seconds, it's just doing a shadow bolt's worth of damage when when the mob well actually no, sorry, I lie, it's doing a shadow bolts worth of damage when it's not empowered every two and a half seconds, and then you get like up to forty percent extra on top of that if they're at low health. So it's pretty fucking powerful. So it's basically like a shadow bolt quit when they're at low health every two and a half seconds. I believe I might be getting the math wrong, but yeah, it's just the fine art of figuring out when to start channeling that drained soul because they don't take the damage straight away. It's going to be two and a half seconds into the channel when it starts to go bonkers. So yeah, anyway, I'm just sort of fucking spewing shit off the top of my head here, but I want to throw it to an old countdown favorite. If you can turn your mic on, if you're okay with that, if you're able to talk rue hello, maybe she can't talk. Maybe she has to stay muted. Now, look, I'll tell the story while you're figuring that out, Rue, if you are able to talk. About two hours ago, we had Rue jump in voice chat when she saw that we were doing the podcast, and she's like, fucking good, ay boys, here you going, Oh, here we go. He's a fucking blast from the past. How are you? And she had no idea about Epoch whatsoever, and she's like, I just saw you guys are doing a podcast, so I thought i'd come hang and I'm like, do you know what we're talking about? And she goes no. And I said have you heard nothing of this new server? And she goes no. And I said, oh my god, prepare to fucking have your socks blown off, and told her all about it, and she was just getting more and more excited the more details we gave her. And she's downloaded it. She's just asked me what server we're on, and the fucking madness will begin. She's still on mute, though, so she might not be able to talk. But I'm seeing more and more OG countdown people joined the guild. We just had Aggressive join a few days ago. Dark Brewer jumped in at one point. So it's really really good to see that the og fucking crew doing it. You know, Mike is obviously their balls of steel doing the thing as well. So it's wonderful to see Voodoo. Hello, mate, how are you good? I'll turn you up a little bit now, mate, you missed us kangaroo courting yours earlier.
Speaker 17: Just made it's all good, thank you.
Speaker 15: Ali Hideous would have me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had your back, he said. Look, he fucking ran me through the dungeons, so he's a good egg in my eyes. And I thought that was a fair enough submission. May we're off to the rugby in a few hours. You're looking forward to that?
Speaker 3: Oh mate?
Speaker 4: A few beers would go down well today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been about a year since you last saw your What I'm saying is your beloved Reds in action. So that'll be a bit of fun Red's Brumbies.
Speaker 15: Let's see if we can get up again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get a fucking win in there. It's anyway that'll get Hunk in the action and share some stories. Now, boys, look where else can we take this? Ubi trying to think of anything we need to talk about. I mean, we'll start to wind it down. We've gone for an hour and a half. We don't need to go all day.
Speaker 15: Oh not sure, how don't I? I just I could just ramble about fucking.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the rambling. This is the rambling latte stage of the pod. Dude, guys, you speak now forever, holdy silence. You don't need to be fucking on point. Now, let's loosen our belts and let the gut out. Who's got things to say about a I.
Speaker 3: Just want to say how insane major is what they're slow is. It's really dependous just because they've added a lot of like high level elites requests. Remember, so, like the molten core Atunant, you have got to kill a couple of sixty one elites out in the world now before you do what was the previous attunement portion. And I'm there trying to solo out of fifty six when I'm a jackass and a mage just comes trying to kite it because that's the only way I could possibly do it. And the mage just comes and hits slow one time, and suddenly what was a suicidal act of attempting to kite it just became instantly the easiest thing.
Speaker 15: Ever, Oh slow is crazy and like no cool downs are like you don't even have to time it or anything, and you just keep reapplying it, like I soloed the and.
Speaker 3: If you get the results, you just do it again.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I sold an after every other elite so far is just a piece of piss because you can just cuite them around forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean I've felt I felt that way with fear as well, just like being able to endlessly apply fear. I'm like, what the like, this class is broken? That's right. I wanted to talk about the new items now. Okay, we keep saying no spoilers, but like it's it's it is hard at a certain point to sort of not talk about this shit and not get a little bit spoilery. But like some of the higher level items are starting to creep through, and you know, we're linking stuff in guilt Chat that we're saying, have you guys seen anything that's fucking tickled your people in the old item department.
Speaker 3: I was really tickled by that new trinket I just linked you earlier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the trinket from a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just because it's so hard to get spell power on a trinket let alone pre sixty, so it's not like insane but just nine spell power and one spell hit on a trinket slot. It's a relatively easy question, and Angora is music to my Earth.
Speaker 15: At least mine isn't so much an item, it's just a I've just had my memory refreshed. I really wanted to get the Portal to Stone art that way we could get to b RM quicker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me and.
Speaker 15: Voodoo formed up a fuck. I forget what dungeon we had to do for it. But we've gone and we've gotten my Portal Stone art. But I don't know if the game's broken or it's design intention, but I didn't get Portal Stone. I've got Portal Theramore, and I can take it and I can just send myself into the middle of an Alliance town in fucking dust swallow and like I've used it once and I can get out of the town and survive. But I just don't know if this is a barg or was this a part of their cross faction planning, because I don't like it's not that I got given both. I don't have Stone art and I want Portal Stone art so I could go to Theramore. And then I also learned that at the end of a dungeon, alliance can take my portal to Orc. So there was a night Elf hunter running around Org last night after doing Scollo and had the heart out because I don't know they they refuse to take my Theeramore portal instead.
Speaker 3: You can have some fun with that, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 15: Absolutely, first guild, first guild grade. I'm going to send all the Horde to Theerramore instead.
Speaker 1: Very good. Perfect anyone else on anything funny or that they want to talk about, this is the same it off your chest about epoch section.
Speaker 12: I will say Smite priests are legit and we are fucking people up.
Speaker 1: Oh so you finally found your stride.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, weird.
Speaker 3: I'm pumping.
Speaker 12: I am one of the top dps almost in every group I am in. It is just so what.
Speaker 1: What level would you say it kicks in.
Speaker 12: I'd probably say low mid forties when you start really feeling it and it's just going up from there.
Speaker 17: I dropped one spec and it was good, Like I just got my second point in Search of Light at thirty seven thirty six.
Speaker 1: So didn't you guys say Surge of Light was broken.
Speaker 12: It's broken for the healing components, not for the free smite you'll get, but if you want to use it to get a free flash Heel instant flash Heel, it's broken for that.
Speaker 1: I just want to say on the broken portion. You know, we just discussed obviously Surge of Light there. I had a big about the very very buggy encounter that is Ambassador flame Lash. You know, I said, it's a shame it's bugged, because I really think this is actually going to be a phenomenal encounter, you know, again throwing it to the love of my life, the creature that is the creature of habit that is the YouTube commenter. A lot of YouTube comments want to keep sort of it. And again, like I say, it's so hard to engage properly with YouTube commenters about private server videos because there's a lot of weirdness with private server tribalism, and like it's just so easy for people that are trying to drum up business for Turtle Wow to just you know, it's their job just to go off and slander anything in the comments that's about another private server and vice versa. You know, it's very easy and simple for an Epoch admin to jump on any Turtle Wow video and go a fuck diserver, go play Epoch and every video I'm putting up on YouTube, like you identify them straight away of someone just apropos of nothing, just completely irrelevant comment. You'll just see the like go play Turtle Wow and it's like, all right, settle down, fucking Turtle Wow staff. So it's really hard to sort of, you know, uh, disseminate the good faith from the bad faith sort of points. But you do see it coming up a lot about the bugginess of Epoch and like, oh, this is a fucking trash server, so many bugs, imagine playing it, blah blah blah, and like people are calling me out on it for like speaking positively about this server when it's so bug riddled, and I'm like, you fucking can't ston't listen to the show. We are saying a multiple junctures. I agree, this is absolutely a bug riddled you know, when it comes to bugs, there's a lot of them. There's a fuck load of bugs on this server. But I'm still having fun and enjoying it despite the bugs. And that upsets a lot of gamers because there is a class of gamer, And again we go lower cast, lower class sorry, lowercase G, upper case a lowercase M kind of gamer who just they encounter one bug and they throw the game in the trash and go, fucking imagine releasing this piece of shit. Oh my god, your game's got a bug. I'm a fucking elite gamer. Oh my god, I'm just not that guy. I'm not that kind of fucking person like, and people want to throw me under the bus and be like, oh, well, you know, some of us just fucking expect quality from our games, don't you. Some of us are just fucking a bit more discerning, and then you know, we expect fucking a better product when we play games. We're not a fucking low IQ like U smooth brain, He'll just play anything that's fucking fed to them. Made this server's fun. I don't give a fuck. Like the whole flame lash thing again, was it frustrating? Sure for half a second, But we tried it a couple of times, and then we just moved on and did something else, and we went, oh, when that gets fixed, that'll be really good. Like I just I don't. It's still not enough to turn me off this server. I agree with you, there's bugs everywhere, but this server is the greatest lipmus test out there for do you value fun or you know, bug free content? Because like, I don't. I don't know what to say. Who knows what I'm trying to say here? I don't even know what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 3: Well, let's not forget that it's free.
Speaker 15: You don't pay anything for.
Speaker 4: What are you willing to deal with a new game? Do you want to deal.
Speaker 1: With keep going yack? Yea yack? Whoa actual axl yack? Then axl?
Speaker 4: What are you willing to deal with? Right?
Speaker 16: Like, go to Turtle Out and they have a bunch of new content and that's cool, But do you want to play on a one point one two server where everything looks like trash? Or do you want to play on server that Okay, maybe it doesn't have as much new content, but there's a little bit more going on in depth with each of the classes, and it looks a lot better and feels a lot better.
Speaker 1: I And again, I'm sorry, I.
Speaker 16: Was just gonna say I'm more willing to deal with a few bugged quests and have my character look better and feel better than I am to go play on the server where I'm like squinting to look at the graphics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is where people go a few bugged quests. Yeah, fuck off, idiot, there's fucking hundreds of bug quests. And I still come back to like what I said last week, where I was like, guys, like, don't buy into the hyperbole. Yes, when you add them all up, there is probably a good list of bugged quests, but like it's literally like two per zone. I don't give a fuck. And I'll also to say that like I would love to in a world that we can never sort of create, I would love to have the hypothetical and not this is not a tribalism comment more just like I would be interested the Tea Wow at launch versus Epoch at launch side bicycling. If te Wow hypothetically launched in its initial state right now and sized up against Epoch right now, that that's a comparison I would love to see. I'd love to see it. Axel, Sorry, you're.
Speaker 3: Going to say something I was, you know, kind of building on my yah saying about what are you willing to tolerate? And it's like I was willing to spend fifteen dollars a month and tolerate a certain number of bugs already bugs that would sit there for months and months on end. Yeah, even though they were known, and so considering the things have at least been getting fixed, sometimes they're also getting broken again or broken a newly broken. But you know, it is fun. I agree with that part, and just I guess, I guess my expectations are pretty low. So it's more than exceeding that I'm.
Speaker 12: Cutting them some pretty big slack because I've talked to a bunch of people who are playing the beta and they were saying all this shit was pretty much fixed, like there was these things were not broken during the beta, and sounds like because of the transfer to the Linux back end and then transferring to Extension the Ascension back end as well, that it just broke a lot of stuff that they're now fixing. So I'm being much more judicial in my opinion about it. Sometimes when I get like, oh, not a broken quest, I'm like, well, it probably was actually working, and now they're having to go back and fix shit and get it get it right with the right systems. So I am being a little bit more cautious than just saying, well, another fucking quest you know, three more in the zone not working, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean just to to push you a little bit as well on that one vestige. If I can say this as lovingly as I can. You know, I know you you somewhat dispute the amount of skepticism or pessimism that we might assign to you as you've discussed this server over the last few weeks. But like you are, you do. I don't know if holding it to a high bar is because you've obviously just said that's not necessarily necessarily the case, but like you are, someone who might be quicker to pounce on this server for a grand fuck up, like a big fuck up. But like if you've if you've gone this far, vestige, you know, you weren't necessarily sold on this server from the outset, and you were you were sort of, you know, very dealing with the server with a lot of trepidation. If you've come this far and you're having the fun you've had, I think you're still going. I think that's a good sign for the server.
Speaker 12: Well, my main critique in the beginning was more like if you fucked something up that was foreseeable or something that I said that you could have prevented, then that is much more on you and the bad look. But when it's something that is not foreseeable, like, hey, you guys have gone through all this process of getting the stuff up and running, and we said we want to play it. We don't want to sit for two months, so we know it's going to be on a buggy state. So therefore that is what we're going to get. I'm a lot more open to saying, hey, okay, this is kind of the content we're going to get, either accepted or wait two months. You know, that's on me at that point to make that decision. But the content we have gotten I've been very pleased with overall. I wish some things were fixed. I wish some things were better. I wish things were getting fixed a little faster that were important to me. You know, my you know, surge of light for healing isn't working properly after two three weeks, and I'm like, I really wish that was working. But at the same time, is it is it taking away my full experience of what I'm having right now. Not in the least. I'm not having things where I'm falling through the world I'm not having things where I can't get on the flight point or something like that, or if I was a warrior charging and you just fall through the world again or something like that. All the bugs have been very minor, so overall, I've still had a great experience with it.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: And that's what fucking rational people say, in my opinion, not the game.
Speaker 12: I think I am very fair. Of course, in my opinion, I'm always fair, but I think that I'm very fair in my criticism because I will criticize the things that I feel are criticized that should be done right or for fucked up, and I will praise the things I think have been done very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. I don't know. I just I just think if you're if you're a private server consumer and you want to write this server off for its bugs, and you're saying, like seriously around the place, you're saying that people don't play EPOK, it's a buggy mess, it's a fucking piece of shit. The server's on fire and doesn't work. You're just kind of a bad faith actor at this point, Like you're not a rational person. In my personal opinion.
Speaker 15: I was going to call it dramatic earlier. In my mind, when I see people that are like that venomous or can get that tilted that easily, I just picture them to be the kind of person that like got cut off in traffic and then they're a cunt to everyone all day at work because of that one inconvenience. That's that's what I attribute to them as, just like, how did you let this get to you that bad? Like the bugs aren't even that horrible. I genuinely aren't really noticing any anymore. Anyway. Sometimes a mob might do something weird in the dungeon, and I'm like, Eh, that could be a bug, but it's not. Like it's not like the mob glitched through the floor, became immune and just farmed us to death and we couldn't finish the fucking dungeon. That would be a bug. That would be fucking annoying.
Speaker 1: And then that made you want to rage Quentin, delete your account and tell everyone never to play this shitty game.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and even then I probably still wouldn't be that bad, But like, that would be an annoying bug. The mob pathing funny around a table is not like a oh, this is a fucking load of coated garbage, like, I don't know, there's this Some people seem to get so fucking butt hurt about stuff like that when it's just a free game. Things could be worse.
Speaker 1: Can I do a quick check in with you UBI on your updated week by week, you know, finger on the pulse of your attitude towards the cross faction thing, because that's what I got well into it with this one guy in the comments again, who was just in sense that I enjoyed the cross faction play on this server and begged Blizzard not to listen to me, Like, oh, I fucking Blizzard, do not listen to this stupid can't cross faction never belongs on any World of Warcraft server? Oh my god, what a fucking idiot. And then, and what I'll say is again, I have to throw this out there, and I fucking mean it, like, you know, don't just agree with me just because Josh likes cross faction doesn't mean you guys have to agree with cross faction. Fucking We've got three six night, four, twelve, sixteen, nineteen people here on this call, none of whom I've invited to be here outside of Ubiquitous, who I just texted him this morning and said, Connor, you awake, get on the podcast. No one has been asked to be here, no one has been told what to say. You know, I don't think I generally surround myself with people who are afraid to say anything other than what I think. I think the whole point of the show. And I've argued with some of my fucking regular contributors on the show. You Be and I have absolutely gone at it over a point in the past. DC Green and I have regularly gone at it on the past. Arcos and I have fucking gone at it. These aren't yes men, these are my mates. We just happen to agree, usually because I don't know, because we fucking fall to the same conclusions. But you Be, with all that said, you were very anti cross faction. You've sounded as time goes by like you've been warming up to the concept. And you know, when I suggest that, hey, this is something Blizzard should really look at, maybe particularly in regards to a PvE realm in whatever they're cooking in the future, do you still do stomach? Does your stomach do backflips at that suggestion?
Speaker 15: I still don't like it. If I had my server that had ten k pop because I'm a fan of bigger servers. Anyway, if I was on a ten k server with an active player base, I don't think it would be needed. I feel like on here it is because you can't be warped. There's a big difference between this server having ten k players and it's a global server and a single NA server having ten k players and you all play around the same clock and it's very you know, your peak is such a higher peak than what the peaks are on here. I still wouldn't go for it. I mean, but on a PvE realm, I don't really care. Like I feel as if anything on a PV realm you've opted out of the factions being at war essentially, so then who really cares? But I think that that's what they've done here anyway, Like the PvP server isn't cross faction, which is fine, So if I ever played on a PvE server, I wouldn't care about it as much. But I still stand on the ground that like I like it. It's it's been a bit jarring where we've done runs and you know, we've just helped each other clear this dungeon and the guy was taking the piss, but the night off rogue left group and then started to stab Voodoo in the butt as a rogue before his Earth timer or Graveyard timer kicked off. And I don't know, to me, that is just a bit it's a bit strange. But then I guess someone could just try and spin the storyline of like, oh, well, we're we're friends because we've got a common enemy, which was Scholarmance, but then once it's done, we're back to not being friends anymore. I just find that all a bit jarring for the I guess the story or the immersion of it.
Speaker 1: I I like stories like that because I'm like, we keep prodding game designers to come up with ways to allow people to take the bull by the horns and create social engagement, and like that does exactly that that. I ask someone to choose your own adventure. Do you want to be a bit of a villain now? Do you want to shank the guy in the back that you just ran a dungeon with? Do you want to be that guy? And some people are opting yes, I do want to fuck it, Like for a game that so many people want to kind of be a little bit of a jerk and fuck around with to give them an extra opportunity to do that. I don't see the drama with I think it's funny. Yeah, but like I just I just think people will often tap the sign that you just tapp DOV and say the only reason Epoch is doing it was out of necessity. They didn't think they were going to have anyone playing. Private servers have to do it because their populations tank and you need to have both factions able to play together. And I understand that that's why it's there, but it's inadvertently created a really great experiment with a larger population server that does have it. Yes, Epoch was supposed to have four hundred people playing it that have to have cross faction enabled in order to do any content. But by dumb good luck, we're now on a fucking you know, ten fifteen thousand strong server that does have a have it enabled, and we get to we are running the live beta test for does cross faction work. Let's say let's say just on a PvE server. Leave the PvP server like you PvP guys that need your immersion, Sure, go off, we won't touch your server. But for PvE we're now getting the beta test for whether or not this shit works, and in my opinion, it takes nothing away from the game and only adds. I continue to run into person after person singing the praises of being able to party with anyone they see, and they're not adding the caveat that. Oh thank god I could group up with this hardy. Otherwise I never would have been able to get this quest done because of the low population. No population's good on Epoch, It's great, but people are still really enjoying the game, the access that the game is giving them to get shit done. And I think that the one complaint, or you know, the two complaints really are I feel awkward having a member of the opposite faction standing next to me in a dungeon, and number two, like you just said, ubiquitous. I don't like the jankiness of us being able to fight each other as soon as we drop group. I just think that they're so minor, Like your complaints are my benefits?
Speaker 15: Yeah, no, I think you. I actually believe if Blizzard did this it would shock the PvP Andy's at how overwhelmingly popular your stance would be with the playerbase. Because I can't really find a fault in it in terms of the meta, Like every the only reason why the good guilds are on PvP servers is just because, like hive mind mentality, it's just where we've always gone and where we've played. As soon as you enable this, but only on PV realms, every single good guild will always play on that server because it allows you to have all the best races.
Speaker 1: I agree, I'm so glad.
Speaker 15: You play PvP servers except for the guy that wants to gang everyone that he finds on the road, et cetera. It would be a huge cultural shift for server struck like balance and where people go to play. And I'm I mean, I'm still I just say this, but if that unfolded, I would play on the cross faction PV realm because it would be like saying I like roller coasters, but I'm not going to Disney World because they don't have a roller coaster. The rest of the theme park is still good. I'm gonna go, you know what I mean, Like, just because it's missing this one facet that I personally would have preferred, doesn't warrant the whole service sucking. And I'm good at, you know, taking the positives I can go like it would be convenient. It would be super convenient to just like run this guild as we are and not have to message people. Nah, sorry, you rolled the wrong side. We can't play with you. I just take the silver linings as they come. I'm just I know that I would prefer It's like a selfish choice. I would rather a PvP server with all its warts, because I like the friction and I like the Horde versus alliance. And then I say that if Classic Plus rolls out with this exact service structure, I would probably play the PvE cross faction realm.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad you said it, and I'm almost angry at you because I was going there next, but you've said it more succinctly than me. But I fucking completely agree with you, and I want to hear from you other guys, whether or not you think you be and I are on the money here, and obviously it's impossible to predict sort of, but I want to know whether you agree or disagree. I think that if Blizzard did this, PvE so would become infinitely more popular.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well, they might as well just do what they've done in the modern game and just delete PvP servers, create a war mode and move on from that. Yeah, I think the cross faction thing.
Speaker 1: Is I don't think they'd have the balls to do that.
Speaker 17: No, I don't think they would, but like if they were to cross faction, then they might as well because it would I.
Speaker 3: Don't think they need to delete that option. But I definitely agree that by far the best part of this server in my opinion, has been the cross faction nature. Specifically, like from the guild standpoint, how many people come into the discord and are like, what server are we on? And then what faction are we on? Then we're just like, we're on the PV server. Take your pick, play what you want. You know, you don't have to be limited in your selection.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's fair? Can I just jump in axle? Do you think it's fair for me to say if I put this to you and again we talk about shit that it's impossible to say which way have gone, but we'll talk about it anyway because we're fuck with its. If this server had let's say a poll released to all the epop Let's say a pole is sent out to the fifteen thousand people playing on Kazan right now before Kazan is launched, and it has one question on it and it says, do you want this realm to be cross faction or not? Do you think the overwhelming result to that pole would have been no? Is this before we've experienced before, we've experienced it.
Speaker 3: Before we experience it. I don't think it's overwhelming, but I think it's probably majority would have said now.
Speaker 1: I agree. I agree. I think the majority would have said no because that's just what they've always known and what they go with. More people than not do the UBI thing of like cross faction. But then we are, fucking, like I said, we're playing the beta of it right now, we're experiencing it, and we go, oh, my mind is changed. This is amazing. Sorry.
Speaker 3: I also think I also think most people would really prefer to play on PV servers. I mean, I know the numbers always show that most people tend to play on PvP, but I really feel like that's primarily driven by film O.
Speaker 1: Don't don't get me started. A want that's popular, don't get me started, A hypertoxic take. I've got axl on. I want to talk to like everyone who raises this. If you're like, if I say to you, what do you think about the PvE server and Classic plus being cross faction and you go, no, absolutely not not in my world of warcraft. I will get very toxic if it then gets to a conversation about what server do you play on. I play on a PvP server and it's a ninety nine to one server, and like the way that we see what the degradation of PvP servers and what the classic player base really wants to do, which is just play the game without any fucking speed bumps and to be on the ninety nine to one server, and if they then want to rally against cross faction, like, do you not see how those two stances don't compute.
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean for me, my PvP server turning into the ninety ninety one server in twenty eighteen is what totally changed me into a PV player.
Speaker 17: I don't like, I'll never be that guy that changes to a PV player. I can say that with conviction. The only reason why I'm playing on this server is because there was a war mode. I wouldn't have even tried Epoch if there wasn't. It's not a great system, but it's a system. Nonetheless, can I say enough to get me over that?
Speaker 1: Marcus? Can I sorry? Can I just grab you by that and ask about your experiences, because like I turned warm mode off early and we had a bit of fun with with giving me a bit of stick for that. But like I through the leveling process, I am tripping over a squillion people that I mouse over and be like, I could open up on this guy if I wanted to, Like, there is PvP for me everywhere if I want it, But obviously I've been staying away this time. Have you been engaging with then still found all your stinks that you want to find?
Speaker 17: Like I haven't been actively seeking world PvP as much. I've started a couple of fights, but the fights that the people who are left with war mode on because like, let's remember that it's a cast time to flag yourself at PvP in the open world if you don't have warmode on. So I've had people try and then realize that they have to cast it and then just not want to do it because they don't get the jump with me. But the people who are left here at the moment after how long is it's been out for like five weeks? Or something, mostly decent people. I don't see gang squads going around so often. I've seen a few, like war crimes get committed, but people like will fight and then I'll get a message of good duel or whatever, or I'll send a message of good duel and then we might chat about it for five minutes and then just move on. There's no camp. People are just wanting to get their quest done or whatever. It's not very toxic at all.
Speaker 1: To be fair, two weeks ago, I was on the show saying I've turned war mode off. I'm not in the fucking mood. I'm not doing this because I did come across a gang squad. But what I'll add to that story is that was like two or three weeks ago. I think you're spot on, Marcus, because I haven't seen a single gang squad since I turned warmde off, and I don't have regrets. Don't get me wrong, but like what I'm getting at is, it's just been interesting to me because everyone gives, you know, war mode shit, everyone gives pvee REALM shit. But I'm like, I am a PvP player. I'm a relatively bloodthirsty PvP player, but I've decided to take a bit of a holiday. But I look throwing out only my experiences. I shit you not, with no hyperbole. Nine out of ten members of the opposite faction that I come across in my questing is attackable, like and I every time I mouse over every single one of them because I'm a psychopath, And I go, Oh, if I wanted to, I could. If I wanted to, I could, but I ultimately decide not to. But what I'm getting at is, even though I am on the PvE realm, with this war mode introduction, I could have happily had the exact same experience leveling I would have had on a PvP realm.
Speaker 17: Yeah, more or less. That's like I'm saying, I do see a lot of people. Sometimes we fight, sometimes we don't. It's like similar to a PvP realm. Yeah. Yeah. And I'll just go on the record here now, and I hope you hold me to this, Josh, But I'm going to be an advocate for the removal of the PvP server and the addition of a war mode for Classic Class.
Speaker 1: There you go, it's one. It's won you over. Wow.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think it's it's probably just gonna be better for participation overall, like just in the game. So and you're not really gonna like there's a chance that as long as it's done right, it's not necessarily done right in the modern game.
Speaker 1: Well, can I give you my theory, Marcus on why I think people Okay, here's my theory on what the war mode option robs the server of and the kind of people that will be upset by it. Here's what is not happening on Project Epoch on the PvE server. And this is going to depend you know, you'll feel differently about this depending on how you specifically define PvP, because we've talked about this on the show in previous editions on I seemed and you and I seem to have very different definitions of PvP to other players' markets. Now, what you won't find on Epoch on Kazan is large scale PvP combat. You will not see group on group action. You will not see raid on raid action. You don't see the Taro mill, these south Shore type fights. You won't see, you know, anything outside of a one on one, a two v one or a three v one or three v two. You just won't see large groups going at it. Most I've come to learn. If I've come to learn anything over the years with WOW players, it's this, most of you think of a PvP MMO as PvP equals group combat, not one on ones. You guys genuinely think any one on one, even in good faith, me walking by you on the road, both of us at one hundred health, I start a fight with you, you generally term that as ganking, not PvP. I think that's ridiculous, because that's how I define PvP in this game. I'm like, I play PvP servers because I relish the one v one challenge of MEVU. Let's fucking do this where about the same level. I want to see who fucking gets the win here. That's what I've been all about for years, and I've walked away from PvP as I've learnt that that's not how the vast majority of the players view it. They're like, I've got no interest in the one v one. I will only PvP when I'm in a group, when I can sort of hide, when I can sort of not get attacked, when I cannot be the focus, when I can get the win if I am as shorter victory and it's a group that's the kind of PvP I want in my MMO. I want to gang up. But when you're a solo or in smaller groups, that's not the PvP that you like, and you want no part of it in your MMO because then you could lose and that would show the world the size of your penis, and you don't like that because you're probably actually not very good at PvP. So if anything, warmode warm mode boils down this server to exactly the kind of PvP that you and I fucking love my Like I said, the amount of times I've been like, oh mate, I'm in the middle of nowhere in Tanners and I've just spotted this bloke that I could attack if I want, and this would be a really fucking fun fight, fun fight right now, but I'm chilling. I don't do it. I've gotten into the PvE mode. But if I was still bloodthirsty, Josh, I'd be having a fucking whale of a time right now. But that good time is someone else's very bad time. And you know you know where I'm going with this, Marcus, what say you, Ubie? Sorry you were going to say something.
Speaker 15: Go I've been lost by your rant, But I was going to mention that I've really not like I have had war mode on the whole time and nothing really seems to happen. I've got ganked once during this pod because it was a warrior in a ferral, you know, the old TV one.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 15: Probably they're only ganked this week because they found they finally found someone they could gang up on.
Speaker 1: Can I I tell you just to add to that. Now, Look, you can all laugh at me because my slash plate is ridiculous, and we'll have a laugh when I'm doing sixty and see what the final figure is. But I'm now coming up on nine days Slash played NIME level. Like I said, I'm about to doing fifty five. I'm fucking out of control. I in that two hundred hour so yet what fucking two hundred odd hour journey? I shit, you not ubiquitous. I have seen witnessed maybe three PvP fights along the way.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's that's what I said. I think I said this a couple of weeks ago. I think for me, a big part of it is it's just an additional veil of threat while you're out questing, and like you know, I'm in Western playlends now still just dicking around, and you go to the farms and you're trying to kill some shit. It's a whole different vibe when there's another no mage there on the other side of the field doing their thing and you're doing your thing and they're red and when they're just blue, like who gives a fuck? And even though ninety percent of the time neither of you are going to do anything to the other one, it is just that maybe maybe maybe maybe he's going to do something, and then you do your question, you leave. I don't know why. I feel like that actually does add a bit. And that's why I like that, even though like nothing actually ends up happening, you know what I mean. It's the this the.
Speaker 1: Risk, this this server, Marcus, I'd love to hear from you on this one. This server if anything, proves my ongoing hypothesis that WOW players are generally dickless fuck withs who are terrified of PvP because they've all got warmode on. They fucking all do and they could be going ham on each other, but because they're not seeing group PvP, they're not starting anything up.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean, like the group PvP side of things, Like I enjoy all of it not so much that just like relentless camping of a town because there's like three people there and you just ruin in a day. I've kind of grown out of that shit. But yeah, I enjoy all of it. But yeah, you could be on the money. People just or they've got other shit to do. They can't be fucked with it. But and they just want the five percent XP bonus. That's the other thing. There's a carrot here that keeps people with war mode on.
Speaker 1: Ye, So yeah, go go faction thing.
Speaker 23: So I had a lovely account the other day.
Speaker 5: Okay, cross faction.
Speaker 23: I spoke to a I did a Stockades run and it was with a Hord player. Horde Loyalist played since Vanilla had never done stockades and the only reason he could is because literally he could get into a group and get summoned. And I thought that was amazing for a guy to be able to experience new content for him since Vanilla days because he's just never gone a line, so you can't get to go play stockades.
Speaker 5: And I was like, that's amazing, Like.
Speaker 23: That's a good side of this cross faction play.
Speaker 8: I was going to say, exact same thing. Man, I'm playing an Alliance character right now, and it's almost impossible. When you're playing an Alliance character, usually define groups for stuff like whaling, Caverncery, chaof and keep. That's like on the acid of the Earth for you, and it's so easy here, it's incredible.
Speaker 1: Good points, good points. Hadn't thought of.
Speaker 17: The old points. But I'll add also to my view that I don't really think that war mode should be faction specific in class either. It's radical, I know, but I'm faction agnostic. I'll play whatever faction my mates are playing. I don't care if it's Alliance or Horde. And it's the same with fighting other players. I don't care if they're Alliance or Hoard. I just want to punch on. That's yeah.
Speaker 1: My only thing with that is on a large scale server, if it is a free for all, it could turn into like an eye can't get anything done server. But if they engage with it, like they're engaging on this server and no one's actually fucking fighting anyone because there they don't view one v ones as PvP, they only view group content as PvP, then maybe you're okay, maybe I.
Speaker 23: Mean percent sure, So I ninety nine percent sure. I saw a post that said they were putting special people inside the agrama so you could change faction on Gurubashi because it is so hard alliance in that.
Speaker 1: No, surely not what I saw a post.
Speaker 5: Yeah you didn't see that.
Speaker 4: I missed this on the other survey, not this one.
Speaker 1: No, No, they change actions on Gurubashi.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, was about it from BVP.
Speaker 1: There you go, and that's I mean, so it's just living the modern PvP life of it turned into a fucking eighty twenty server instantly did.
Speaker 9: It's just what I had.
Speaker 8: No, it's only like sixty forty right now, but they just want to prevent it from happening. They also said they were going to consider doing an incentive similar to the word mode bonuses for the I believe it's the alliance is the smile faction right now.
Speaker 4: To get people to swap.
Speaker 15: I think I said a couple of weeks ago as well, that's what I Ultimately, if you had to really force the issue, that's where I would go. I'd just rather rather a factionless well than all this bullshit. If PvP servers historic like as they are now, are so fucking dreadful, I would just rather be gone with factions entirely. But that's again, you may as well just be looking at a different mmo than what a walker offt.
Speaker 1: The problem is PvP servers just continue to be a headache. They are an administrative fucking headache. I'm not saying delete PvP servers, but I'm saying you better have the balls to introduce some pretty fucking hard like, some harsh rules and new modern ways of tackling these servers, because the old like just open up a PvP server and let them go health the leather doesn't work anymore twenty five. They devolve in quickly into what we always see.
Speaker 12: Can I give some criticism of cross faction PvP?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Please go nuts.
Speaker 12: So I was doing a gentha the lore in Hinterland the other day and I got a cross faction group with three Alliance and two Hord. I'm Hord, and halfway through, all of a sudden, an Alliance group, a full Alliance group just come by and kill all the horrid people, which is us. And I'm of course yelling at my teammates like fucking do something, come on, heal me. Let's you know I'm getting my ass kicked over here. By these guys and they just like, dude, we're alliance. We can't do shit. And I was like, oh fuck, yeah, half my group is alliance. They can't help me.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I've had so they can heal.
Speaker 1: That is awkward. They can heal you, but yeah, that is awkward. I get that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well, they were like all rogues and warriors. I was the healer, so I have definitely.
Speaker 15: I had exactly the same thing in the exact same place, and my ally party mates were pleading to their own faction to stop camping me and someone else because we were hoared and they were having their own fucking quarrel. Then of calling each other dipshits because they were griefing their own fucking faction because they were griefing me.
Speaker 17: And that's fashionless. That wouldn't be a problem, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 15: That was one of those times where I'm like, this is so stupid to have like cross factions. Cool, but not on a PvP server or any like a server that lets you enable PvP. So obviously I've done it to myself.
Speaker 1: What you need there is you need a coding and yeah, this is where the factionless part comes in. You need coding in that scenario that if someone attacks a member of your party, regardless of their faction, you can punch on.
Speaker 12: Yeah, there should be something that allows everybody.
Speaker 6: Or if they implement like if you're in a if you're in a group and you're the minority faction in the group, like the other faction shouldn't be able to attack you at all.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I think I reckon it should probably disable my war mode once I've partied with other non warm mode people potentially or something like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but there's there's workarounds. There are ways to make that awkwardness work. I for one, I prefer I know what I prefer, Like I just said, I'd be like, if you're going to be the dipshit that engages and tries to grief another party, knowing that, oh we can wipe two of their members and and you know, grief this party and the others can't fight back, No no, no, fuck that make it a choice now because now everyone it's on five E five.
Speaker 17: Yeah, Yeah, that's what I'd be all.
Speaker 3: I mean a hundred situations where healing the opposite faction who is in my party and them killing my faction slash you know, vice versa of like me killing the Upside faction while the the I'm alliance and Aulardy was healing me because we were already in a group and we were trying to get you done. I think they may there may have even been PvP credit for doing.
Speaker 17: So, yeah, they have. They'd have got the people who were killing you, would have had the chance for the bloody token, and they would have got their quest credit.
Speaker 15: But I'm fairly sure that the reason why this all sucked way less is because people figured out that I don't think bloody tokens are shared loot, and I don't think the kill credit for those quests are shared either. So going around it as a group of five was just pointless because you were just now you had to go kill twenty five players instead of just soloing five. So the quests are actually designed to try and feel one v ones and stuff out in the world. If you're as if you're as a group of three, then you just be in a cunt, which is still a completely viable life choice to make in the game who cares. But at least the quests aren't encouraging just grouping up and being dickheads together. And when I was rushing through when I was in STV. I think it took half a day for that news to kind of spread and for people to figure it out, where you know, running around as a party of five was just a huge waste of time. So I'm just glad that they at least did that, But there's still so much hankiness with how it all works. And then you know, it's just super weird to have your heeler standing there just watching all of you die and he's like, well, I can't do anything, And then some of them even said even if I could, I wouldn't because I don't want to get flagged and then I'll get griefed by pored or something afterwards, which has happened like if you buff, if you buff me, I think it enables you. And then when we drop group, I could kill you right after, which obviously means like I've had people wary of it now and they don't want to buff when we just join up for a quest out in the world. So I don't really know what systems they could or how they could change the system to prevent that. Maybe I wouldn't be that, I wouldn't be that against if you are a warm ode enabled player that you can't fucking group with non warmode players to really make it, you know, isolating. You've made your choice, and I would probably still roll with it, but I think there probably needs to be less of these clashes.
Speaker 1: Because you lost me, and you lost me at that one.
Speaker 15: I don't think it would be that dreadful.
Speaker 1: Then you just still you've basically created a microcosm of a PvP and PPE server.
Speaker 15: It comes with the cost of wanting to be.
Speaker 1: At The whole point is everyone group with everyone, guys, anyone else on anything before we sort of wrap it up, do we I'm just wondering, do we tell I'm happy not to tell it. Do we tell our story about our new friend that I chewed out the other day? Or do we leave that one.
Speaker 15: Which new friend getting chewed out?
Speaker 1: There's a bit of chewing the one I sent you the screenshots of.
Speaker 15: Ah, I mean you can if you want. Well.
Speaker 1: I'm more wondering from your angle because I was like, one of my favorite subplots of this season of Countdown to Classic is ubiquitous as growing fame in game, and we've had a fan if you'll call it, that pop up and start to talk to ub and I on a regular basis, And yeah, I was just wondering, how you what you thought of that?
Speaker 15: Ub It's been interesting mixed bag of plays on a game like World Warcraft? Who could have thought so? Well, what you get to get?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the closest after seven and a half years, it's the closest I've gotten to oh euphemistically put it as the content creator fan and i'd sort of mean more other content creator that you might think of more when you think of Wow streamer. We had someone latch on to us recently who just started whispering Ubie and I every day in game where we don't know who the fuck this guy is. And he just didn't say anything horrible, but just would whisper us every day for a week and just like wasn't really saying anything, was just like, hey, smelly bum, your bum smells okay, you know, fucking hey, hey what are you doing in game today?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 1: And just like I just I think I replied the first time, and then I just stopped replying, thinking, oh, if I stop replying, he'll go away. But he never went away, and he kept fucking whispering me every day. And UV goes, oh, yeah, that guy whispers me every day as well. And I think he said he basically gave you the same treatment of sort of not really saying anything of note, right YUV, most of.
Speaker 15: The time where he whispered me to ask about you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so it was just getting a bit awkward. And so I, for the first time in my content creation career, I just I thought back, So he whispered me last night, and I thought back to a moment where look, there's been one or two times in the past where I have reached out to a fellow content creator in game and sent them a whisper and been like, hey, mate, love your content, keep up the good job. And that's not what this guy was saying to me. But I've said that to other creators in the past, and it always like mildly, mildly gutted me when they didn't say fucking anything in reply, when I'm like, oh, man, like really like nothing, all right whatever. So I didn't want to be that creator.
Speaker 4: So like.
Speaker 1: I had replied to this guy like the first time he sent me a message and then ignored him after that, but then last night he just I cracked it because it was like the seventh day in a row of messages, and I just fucking sat down and go, look, mate, I literally said this, I got, I got. I'm sure you're a good guy. I'm sure you're a good guy, but just you've messaged me every day seven days in a row now with whispers and I'm not really sure what you're looking for here, Like I don't know who you are, we've not played before, you know what you what are you chasing here? And he's like, I'm just trying to be friendly and I was like, yeah, but you know it's it's starting. You're encroaching on the creepiness here a little bit, mate, with just like I've not replied to you six days in a row and here you are still trying to debate a reply out of me. And I'm like, I'm giving you the time of day now because I hate it when creators don't reply to people and I don't want to be that guy. But I'm just sitting here straight up up asking you, like, you know, we can be friendly, but what's the go? And then he launched into the like like I said before, like you've got no chill loll imagine fucking taking it this seriously and I just I said, Mat, I don't want to put you on ignore, but like you've kind of forced my hand here like what he's doing. And he kept at it and I just said, well, mate, welcome to the ignore list. Like and it was just the first instance of like kind of starting to encroach on that content creative fanboy slash parasocial thing, and it was fucking awkward. I don't know how bigger creators deal with like thousands of like younger fans just needing to talk to them.
Speaker 15: Well, that's usually when they they changed their ways into the silence for everyone's fair.
Speaker 1: And and now maybe it makes sense when I said that, you know, creators hadn't replied to me in the past, and now maybe I get it.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I just assumed that most creators would have like even if you DM them, unless you're legitimately their discord friend, it doesn't even pop up as a hey, someone's trying to contact you, notification or anything. They're just on the deep mute, which I get, Like fucking hell, I can only imagine some of the dribble that they're getting in their inbox.
Speaker 1: My point of honor at the end of Countdown to Classic will be. I have replied to every cunt that's ever contacted me ever, and if there's someone out there that I missed, it was not by design. Like I've gone through fucking everything and I get back to people quickly, and I've replied to every Patreon message. I've replied to every email, I've replied to every Discord DM, every in game whisper that I've caught, Like I've always wanted to be you know, Marcus, you know the and I know I'm sucking my own dicky guys, and this is awkward. I'm sorry, but I'm trying to say, like that's why this story really stood out to me, because it burnt me a little bit. But like I always think of, you know that the Ringo Star moment in the Him since Marcus where he really goes out of his way to reply to fan mail. Yeah, that's that I always resonated with me. And I'm like, you know, I've always treated Countdown that way, and I don't get that much mail, but the little that I do get, I just respond to. So that's why I was like, it kind of burnt me to sort of reply to someone and have just be like, mate, fucking just, I'll be friendly with you, just be normal, But it was it was a request too far.
Speaker 15: You've opened the floodgates. Now I anticipate someone saying, Hi, smelly bum, here's mine and the photo of their butt. Yeah yeah, and I think you check your mail, you're going to see his butt.
Speaker 1: Well, I blame you and this guild. Now that this guild is blown up and we've entered the dark, murky waters of widows on private servers, of which we are now part of the crowd, I think we've opened the door for the fucking strange stuff to start happening.
Speaker 15: Mate, once you join the carnival, best to just be a carnie, all right, get amongst it. Let it happen. H No, I just I mean, my little my two cents is get involved in the Discord more than like, the Discord is the place to go and be and to get involved in the show and stuff. There's a there's a bunch of good chaps in there, so.
Speaker 1: Well that that's why I'm weary of this schmeek guy, because I'm like, mate, if you're not in the Discord and you don't really engage with us, you're probably not a countdown person, and we're going to find it much easier to fuck you off.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 15: And I've just had a funny instance in Western Plaguelands. I'm running around and I am unsure who this is, so let me check the guildab we have swamp is swamp in here.
Speaker 1: That's that's uh Gristle's mate that we invited yesterday to the day.
Speaker 15: Okay, that makes sense because I found swamp in Western plague Lands and I was like, oh cool, I'll make him some major water because it looks like he's leveling is elemental. And then I've chucked him an invite and he's immediately declined it because while I was casting the water, He's run off into the into the distance. And then I've whispered him, going wait, I'm trying to give you some water? Where are you? And he just goes, oh, sorry, it didn't even know you were a guilty. And it's like, how the fuck are you here? Not that I'm not the big wig, but like, how how are you? How could you like the show?
Speaker 1: Or you know, how did you drop it? Don't you know who I am?
Speaker 15: No? I was like, that's all good, but it just perplexed me and immediately raised my alarms of like, are you one of the people that Josh doesn't want in here because they don't know what the fuck they're getting into, Like they just think it's a guild and.
Speaker 1: Whatever the community.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, I mean the same boat as you. Like, I just kind of I like it being the Countdown people. And then there's been I'm accepting, we're still accepting of like, you know, you're a You're a Countdown enjoyer and have been forever. And your buddy's playing on this survey and you've actually he is a mad dog. That's fine. They can come in, but they're your buddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 15: If they want to get on discord and call people for boons and get naked on camp, then you know that's your buddy and they might have to pay the price for it.
Speaker 1: Feel well said, well said? What's that?
Speaker 15: Nah, you didn't get naked enough.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying I might have been some poor process.
Speaker 4: I have had a few beers.
Speaker 1: That's all right, boys. Well we'll wind it up there. Thank you so much for everything, everyone, and then we'll see you on the next one. And that's the episode for today. Everyone. Thanks so much. For listening to all of that. I do appreciate it. I need to think that, thank and think thank the following amazing people who help make this show happen every episode for you, and they are these fantastic Paige Flozy, b Vucker, welcome back, mate. The Prodigal Sun has returned. Vucka in at the twenty dollar level of Patreon made You're an absolute legend. Thank you so much, Bucker, I love you. It is so great to see you diving back in with the Countdown crowd into Epoch. Welcome aboard, my friend Croxford, Odd k honeybe Wintersgate Zorin Grimoire plays all the mighty dollarman, Jaron h Ringo gra vac Simile. Thank you so much, you amazing people. And the same to all the five and two dollars and one dollar patrons. I love you all. Thank you so much for keeping the show on the air. Guys. We'll be back next week with more Kangaroo Cord, more fun stories. I employ all you Countdown people to write this stuff down and get amongst the fun guys. If you can't tell, I'm trying, I know. We just did like a really heavy episode, you know, first hour and a half all about some pretty heavy stuff with the season desist. But I'm trying to make the show much more lighthearted and fun. Given that we've got such a community thing happening and we're all playing together for the first time ever on a server, we can really have fun socially with this thing. So I am taking Countdown down a much more lighthearted, you know, sort of side street, if you will, and I want to think that it's resonating with you all, So if it is, please let me know in the discord and where you know. Only going to be getting serious if something rarely serious comes up, like the news with the season desist. Otherwise we're gonna have fun. We're gonna talk about the things we discover on the server, the new items, the new dungeons or talk shop, and I'd love to see more of you in there. So guys, get up everywhere anyone in Countdown and get involved and let us know about it. Speak to you later,