Speaker 1: Yeah, Ritta News needs who you.
Speaker 2: Don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running, just as as can. Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 3: Man, this is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No Tom Martine, Hi Tom Martino here three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. What's going on in your life? Let me bring up the peeps in the studio, and there they are. We see the handsome John Fuller. If you're streaming DAK, don't raise your hand. I'm not gonna speak about you. I'm gonna put the ads over your face anyway. John Fuller, personal entry, attorney and uh lawyer extraordinary, Mark Major, Mark Mouth Major. That's a compliment, by the way. He's at the helm. And then we have someone else there that I'm covering up with my little picture. But oh, that's that's dollar, isn't it. That's Scott Man, your deputy dollar. Thumbs up?
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: Okay, So welcome John. What's new in your life? And any new laws coming into effect after the first regarding your industry, sir, h nothing new.
Speaker 5: We're busy.
Speaker 6: We are, you know, we're just rocking and rolling here. We've had a lot of changes in the last year. We've had new caps put in place that are taking effect over over a period of time for different types of cases.
Speaker 5: So it's a you know, it's just an exciting world.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Now, I'm going to go to the phone's the phones get priority, and then I, believe it or not, John, I have actually saved up emails and facts. Is when it comes to you now, I tell them to call you. By the way, I always respond to them saying, you know, call John, But I got a question for him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the new laws they kicked in, one of them up something to like over two million dollars for like wrongful death or something.
Speaker 5: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Did you have any.
Speaker 7: Cases where you waited to file until that new law took effect in January?
Speaker 8: Is that is that something attorneys actually do.
Speaker 5: Yes, it is something that they do.
Speaker 6: And actually they didn't just pass the law and all of a sudden it was a new cap. The cap actually phases in over a period of time, and the really the operative date is the date of the event, not so much the date of filing, although for this law in particular, there is a date of filing component that kind of puts you in this no man's land between the old and the new caps, so very complicated.
Speaker 2: Okay, very complicated. But all they have to do is call you. I mean people don't understand that. You probably get calls all the time, people just with a quick question, Hey, is this too late? Is that too late? Is this okay? Is that okay? You don't mind those kinds of calls, right.
Speaker 5: Oh, absolutely not. That's what I do every day.
Speaker 2: You haven't get calls from people have friends that say have I'm calling for a friend?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: I mean, there's no problem with that. Of course, you want to talk to the person directly, but they can ask you quick questions. So I want to ask you something. What is the single the biggest question you get? Seriously, I'd like to know that of all the questions you get.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I think fundamentally, Tommy, it comes down to just a lack of information. You know, people go through this world having a perception that they have good insurance and that they're well prepared in the event that something happens, But then when it happens, they get thrust into the system to where nothing really makes sense. You've got all these individual players that are out for themselves, such as the ambulance, the emergency room, all these different doctors and stuff. They're all out for themselves. They're all gunning to get as much of your money and your benefits as they can. And so, you know, the sooner that we get involved and we can kind of jump in the pit and take on all these different players and make them do their job, make them bill appropriately, make them follow the rules that exist out there, the better you're going to come out of that procedure or that process than than doing it by yourself. So that that's really what it comes down to.
Speaker 7: How often do you get a call where someone actually either caused the accident or say, ran into a tree by themselves, and of course there's no coverage there, but they think there is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we get we get calls like that. I mean, we get calls that that you know, people are just you know, it's it's crazy, but you get you get all kinds of calls them. Sometimes we get calls from the people that actually caused the accident and and don't know what to do, and I'm happy to you know, point those people in the.
Speaker 5: Right direction as well.
Speaker 6: Fortunately, the right direction is having them call their own insurance company and they'll defend it and take care of them, but you know, sometimes I have to to point them in that direction.
Speaker 2: Now Bob has a question, Go ahead, Bob, or maybe a question for you. Go ahead, Bob Keessler.
Speaker 9: I was calling about a question about the definition of personal injury attorneys and where you can help. Is personal injury only physical or could it be? For instance, I'm calling because I was basically involved in a carjacking.
Speaker 2: All right, why don't you, yeah, explain your situation and then we'll expand on it. So what exactly happened?
Speaker 9: Yeah, So I went to a hospital to pick up my mom after cancer surgery. And when I pulled up to the valets, a gentleman approached me with a valet ticket and I got out, and as you do, you know, you get out and you hand the keys. But something told me that something was a little bit off. And I don't know what it was, but I just got this feeling, and I asked the guy, can I see your hospital? I d and he said yeah, just a second, and he shoved me out of the way, jumped into my truck and drove off stole it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: You know, I often wondered about that. In fact, that's an ingenious way of stealing a car. I've heard of that before, but never actually talk to someone. I thought it was maybe, you know, one of these things that could happen. You actually had it happened to you. Yeah?
Speaker 9: Man, it took about five seconds.
Speaker 2: They Did this guy have on any special clothing that would allow you know? Why? Did you think it was someone with valet? Did he have tickets in his hand? Did he attempt to.
Speaker 5: Look like a valeis?
Speaker 6: I mean, I'll give the guy credit. Did you pull up to a valet stand or something in a place that's supposed to have a valet? Why would you assume that they weren't, you know, well, in.
Speaker 9: The in the hospital's current staff, they aren't.
Speaker 2: Right now, did he have a ticket to give you? By the way, I just need to know that that he did?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay yo.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he tore the bottom half to ticke it off like you would do, and he gave it.
Speaker 5: He found one in the parking lot out there or something.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, he took it right off the valet stand. Oh the way they have this set up, their little valet stand is out there a lot of times.
Speaker 2: So did he steal your car?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah?
Speaker 2: Did you did you ever get it back. I'm just curious what happened you ever get it back? Was the guy arrested? Did they know who he was? Tell me? Tell me, tell me.
Speaker 9: Five days later they recovered my car. They wow, the person wasn't near it. They just found it by stop the license plate, and they saw it tucked in an alley somewhere. So they didn't make an arrest, but they did.
Speaker 10: I mean, it was full of.
Speaker 9: Drugs, math, coke, fentanyl. So my insurance company said, well, this is a total lodge. You know, you can't even get in it for sure.
Speaker 2: I want to know this. I want to know this, John Fuller, Is there any way in any universe that the hospital or the valet service could be held responsible for not doing their due DILLI is not having people there. I don't know what is their standard of care for guarding those tickets and all of that stuff.
Speaker 6: That's an interesting question, really, and one that I had not really thought of in this circumstance. You know, we had a case of a number of years ago where it's called Taco Bell vy Landin and it's kind of a controlling case where a taco bell got robbed over and over and over again. And one time there was there was a group of customers and somebody came in and it was an armed robbery and they shot a couple of the customers, and the customers sued, and of course, you know, Taco Bell at the time said, how could we possibly know? You know, we're not responsible for somebody in the commission of a crime coming in and doing this, right, And the court actually held that you could reasonably foresee that you were going to be the victim of another armed robbery because you had already been robbed a number of times, and it kind of made sense that, you know, this happened over and over again. You can't just keep you know, begging off and saying, how could we possibly know when you when.
Speaker 4: You do know?
Speaker 2: Was that ruling ultimately withheld?
Speaker 5: No, No, that was the ruling and it's still the law today.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: I've been in the books for twenty five years.
Speaker 2: All right, Now, hold on, So his real question is has to do with him, obviously, and maybe personal injury of an extra But hold on, it will come right back to you, Okay, Bob. I'm Tom martinowaterpros dot net right now. The best it's the best dear, you're ever going to get on water system just simply the best deal. And we're talking about a whole house water softening system. Better for plumbing, better for showering, better for your skin, better for your laundry, better for everything, plus drinking water, reverse osmosis, both systems combined. Thirty one ninety five. This is a screaming deal, even for Waterpros dot net. Plumbers can't touch it for twelve thousand or less. They do it for more. I swear to God thirty one ninety five, and I promise you you will never find a better deal. You go look and let me know. Waterpros dot net three three eight sixty two five five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I got this just in from a text. Man. It's pretty cool. Tip ayback a twenty million dollar campaign debt. Kamala Harris has agreed to fight Jake Paul.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 8: I loved how all the YouTubers thought it.
Speaker 7: Tyson is going to win. It's like, what are you kidding the guys that senior citizens? I will say, it'd be like me and you go and uh fist of cups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would be terrible, wouldn't it. It would be I don't even have to quiet. Confidence, doesn't have to brag. Bob has this question for John Fuller. Now, John, as far as as far as this thing goes with the car jacking, what else is your question? The liability of the hospital, I think, or the valet service, that's a question unto itself. But what question did you have for John Fuller, our personal injury expert today?
Speaker 9: My question was, is, honestly, is the hospital culpable for damages? Was obviously ensured and it paid off minus might deductibles, but all of the contents were not covered because they're were under a homeowners plan which I don't have a home, so I don't have a homeowners insurance. And then in addition to that, there's rental car fees. There's I had to change all the locks on all my buildings in my house, you know. And the longer it goes, the more it's adding up.
Speaker 6: John and I question, it's an hospital to an interesting question I would need to know, you know, is the is the valet subbed out to some third party company? If they have a private company that does that, I would say they you know, was it during the hours that they're normally staffing it?
Speaker 5: I mean, when did this happen? Yeah, I just need more details.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it happened during normal hours about nine am in the morning and there and there were valets there. They were just shuttling cars back and forth, which left the stand open.
Speaker 6: What did the valet people say, did this guy just run in there and grab a ticket and grab your car and go? And the real valet people are like, how did that happen? I mean, what did they have to say about what had just happened to you?
Speaker 9: Well, they were as shocked as the other people that witnessed it. They couldn't believe what had just happened.
Speaker 6: Well, I think that company could very well bear some liability. I mean they were negligent in leaving their tickets on the valet stand and and you know, not manning it appropriately so that some you know, bad person couldn't come up and do that. I mean, I think you've got a at least a decent argument. I'm not sure if their insurance would cover it. That's really what you're looking for. But here's the You're going to run into two problems. Number One, you know, your insurance company has paid off for the bulk of the value of the car, and so what you're left with is you're deductible. And then you're out of pocket experience expenses for relocking or re key in your locks and that kind of stuff. I mean, at the end of the day, are we talking a couple grand total or we talk much more than that for your real out of pocket expenses.
Speaker 9: It's it's approaching five thousand now, okay.
Speaker 2: So the real problem I think you're could small claims court an option. It very well could be.
Speaker 6: The challenge that you'll have with small claims is really getting into discovery and stuff so that you would be able to find out really what their agreement is with the hospital and what they've agreed to do as far as staffing and stuff.
Speaker 5: You know, that's that's it's.
Speaker 8: Way outside the scope of small claims, way outside.
Speaker 6: But I mean you have to just kind of throw it against the wall and small claims and see what sticks. But I mean that that's really your problem is that it's not that much money. You're not going to have the ability to get the damages high enough to even get into district court where you could have a full, you know, menu of discovery options available to you, and so it just it may be a legit claim. I just don't know that the damages are high enough to really carry the freight on it.
Speaker 10: Hmm.
Speaker 2: Okay, So bottom line then at this point, pain and suffering anything like that or.
Speaker 5: Is that just reten Well, there's no pain and suffering in it.
Speaker 2: But it's you know it the what if the valet pushed him down or hurt.
Speaker 6: Him, Well, there, that'd be a different situation. I mean, that question would be easy. This one is is you know, we're not facing that, so you know, and if the guy pushed him down in the in the in the process of stealing his car, that of course, wouldn't be part of your damages that I would attribute to the you know, to the valet. That would be more of the you know, consequence of his criminal act. Yeah, and that would be hard to really get coverage and stuff. So it's an interesting claim. If the damages were greater, I think it would be a fun case to take on to go after them, certainly one that they probably haven't seen too much of before.
Speaker 5: But your challenge, I think there is going to be that the damages just don't.
Speaker 6: Get you high enough in the court jurisdictional level to afford you the discovery that you're gonna need to really be able to make the case.
Speaker 2: So Bob, let us know if you need anything else. But I would go to small claims court at this point, and I would go after the valet service if they're a separate service. Now, William, what's going on with your Toyota with what is it your Toyota Tacoma. Yes, so it's an eighteen.
Speaker 10: It's an eighteen. I bought a brand new and in the last couple of weeks my check engine light came on. Took it to Stevenson's Toyota and I'm told that I have a bill, not a bill yet, I haven't my head. I'm doing anything, but it would cost eighty one right?
Speaker 2: Tell me that is it sludge build up?
Speaker 11: No sensors.
Speaker 10: I have clogged and that oil leaking in the motor and here's the cow.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, what do you mean oil? Leaky? Oil goes into the motor? So where's it leaky? Where it shouldn't leak? Tell me what you're talking about?
Speaker 10: God, Tom, I called you. Not only have my paperwork in front.
Speaker 2: Of me, do you have it close by the way? Do you have a close William where you can put your hands on it? Because I'm going to be taking a break.
Speaker 10: Sure, don't you don't think? Can I call you back?
Speaker 2: Of course you can. In fact, you'll get right through too if you call the Martino line, because we keep that open. But I'll tell you what though. Go ahead with your question and I'll have Kevin Calkin ready. So are they saying are you saying to your you know, to us how many miles on this by the way, Oh my god, that's not hardly anything. Are you saying this shouldn't be happening.
Speaker 10: I'm saying it shouldn't be happening, and on the paperwork on repair estimate, the repair tech stated debt, this is a known issue with Toyota motors.
Speaker 2: That okay, that's why I thought I asked about that sludge. I think that's kind of what it is. But hold on, and you how when will you be calling back, because we'll get our other guy, our expert available. When will you be calling back.
Speaker 10: In about thirty minutes as soon as Okay?
Speaker 2: Three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven, eight four sixty six, just remember three oh three Martino? Shit, Go ahead, Tom, what do you think.
Speaker 7: Of asking William to email us this paperwork right off the bat before.
Speaker 2: He that's a great idea. That's a great idea, So email us as well. Can you do that? Okay? Good? All right? Three oh three seven one three talk three o three seven one three eight two five five eight thousand dollars in repairs. Holy crap, olie, Now the forty it's an eighteen but forty thousand miles. I mean, Toyota does have a problem, and I'm not sure if they do anything for people or non but anyway, eight eight eight heating dot com you're deep clean forty five bucks eight eight eight heating dot com. Get it done before the real cold comes. They're great people on a referral list for twenty years eight eight eight heating dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 2: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Rco, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three h five to five. So what's going on in your life? And what is happening? What can we do for you or to you or about you anyway?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: The market today crazy stuff. Do you know what a lot of people are doing to get investment advice? They're reading the Art of the deal. Now, I'm not talking about people. I'm talking about advisors are actually reading the art of the deal and grouping investments as recommended. So in the Art of the deal, and it really is not just the art of the deal, but other financial writings since Art of the Deal and others. Art of the Deal I should mention was written by Donald Trump, a fascinating read. But what I want to talk about is when it comes to the art of the deal and also other financial advisors and analysts and all of this, they say that the S and P five hundred could be really not necessarily a good benchmark. And why would you guess mark? Why because seven or eight of those stocks are the ones that pull it up. And really, why not just you know, go and take those powerhouses as opposed to the rest of them, the four hundred, ninety two, you know, or ninety three. So that's what they're saying about the S and P five hundred, and what Trump liked to do, he said, and other analysts are following right now, are picking the cream of the crop within the S and P five hundred and riding those while it works and then not when it doesn't. The good thing about a fund it's easier to liquidate and to move then and less cost than individual stocks, so that it's not a bad idea. No one has yet made a stock fund isolating those those few. But we're working on and this is a shameless plug, but we truly are working on an algorithm that does that. So we're taking the S and P five hundred and we're tracking trades. But we just started, so we're not going to have enough intelligence to really implement it, but we're tracking the five hundred to find the leaders in certain picture. This okay, you take your artificial intelligence is really a sophisticated search engine that then accumulates the knowledge and then spits it out in however you want it. I mean, that's really a lot of it.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 2: So what we're doing is we're analyzing trades and anything that has an S and P five hundred in it, we track it. Now, let's say that there's a certain number of stocks that always perform well in certain economic climates. We record the climate and the stocks to then isolate within the S and P five hundred the ones that stand out. Now, as I said before, there are people who are you know, freaks like Mark and people like that who do all this for themselves. He just looks and says, I think this is going to do greater that. No one can compete with people who are doing I mean, there are people all day long that they're they're not really they're kind of day traders, week traders, whatever. And some people just buy and hold and they're really smart. I know, we had one guy I forget his name, well I don't forget his name, I recognize his voice right away, but he just put a stock fund away years ago and made a ton of money. But here's what I want to say. So once you track the S and P five hundred, which you know, over time does pretty well, but most of the time because of a few stocks. So the S and P five hundred, while it's tracking five hundred stocks, many times can be artificially high because of just a few companies. So what we try to do is track those companies in light of the economy, and then match the economy to the stocks and then have What we're trying to do is develop a strategy where we go with those few stocks in a fund as opposed to the whole five hundred, and then track those and in essence, maybe some ghosts ghosts wrote this for Trump, but he kind of had that idea years and years ago and then other people followed suit. So, Mark, do you think that Trump's but a lot of people say, you know, he inherited money, he's not that smart. Do you think he's got some some chops when it comes to knowing how to make money? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Of course.
Speaker 7: He took a handful of millions and turned it into billions, and he's the most powerful man in the world.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course.
Speaker 8: I think he's highly intelligent and very good at business.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right. The reason I ask is that the art of the deal. I don't know how much of it he wrote, and I don't know where he got but I started reading it and it's pretty cool.
Speaker 7: So anyway, three, I'll just watch how he handles Mexico soon. I mean, it's going to go back to where it is. They're going to be staying in Mexico or else. Mexico's going to be in trouble. We're going to tear off him. We're gonna shut that country down if they don't play ball.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 2: That is the art of the deal. Okay, very good. Now, by the way, a Buy and Build, who are really good sponsors ours buy and Build dot net And I've known Courtney for years and years they have an auction coming up, and I believe tomorrow the next day we have one as the auction is closing. But it's incredible the deals people can get. I want you to stay tuned for that, and if you could, Kachina or sues, get me the link to that auction and let's have people tuning in before it closes as well, and let's figure that out because I think it's a great idea. Now, I have some texts for John Fuller that I've saved up or emails actually, and one of them wants to know John, Oh he's not there? Is he right now?
Speaker 4: Or is he?
Speaker 2: Is he still there?
Speaker 4: And here?
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go? Yeah, I see you know so John on we talked the other day about limits, and there are some limits. It's statutorily imposed for medical malpractice. If you lose this, you get this sometimes this it's sometimes the damages are capped. Some damages are not capped. In personal injury cases, are there any caps?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, can you explain those?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 10: Yeah, the.
Speaker 6: You know, everybody's heard of these runaway jury verdicts and stuff where you just get gazillions of dollars awarded and that's kind of a fallacy. In most cases, you do hear about those verdicts. But what happens in Colorado is the jury comes back and says, you know, we think the person is entitled to X number of dollars. And then the final thing that happens is the judge will compare that verdict with the law, and in certain cases we have limits on different categories of damages, and the judge will reduce that verdict down to what those those it's are. For instance, there was recently a verdict in federal court that I think came in at close to thirty million dollars that was absolutely justified based on just catastrophic injuries to a gentleman and a lifetime of care that he's going to need, and the judge had no choice but to almost cut it in half. And the jury never hears about those caps. They just have to render their judgment and come in with a number that they think is appropriate, and then the judge can apply those caps. And there's all sorts of different caps in different categories of cases in medmu and wrongful death and regular personal injury, and some of them make a lot of sense, some really don't. The reason why they just raised the caps was because we had gone for twenty some odd years with the same exact caps in place, adjusted only for cost of living, and they just didn't.
Speaker 5: Reflect the world that we live in.
Speaker 6: So you have a one or two percent adjustment for cost of living and then we have twenty five percent inflation, and so it just wasn't really reflective of the true world. But really, what it comes down to the thing that you need to keep in mind is you've got two kinds of damages, economic and non economic. Okay, Economic are things that cost money and that are quantifiable in dollars, like lost wages, the cost of future medical care, those kind of things.
Speaker 5: Those are not limited.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okays, are not limited because your damages are what they are, and the cost of keeping somebody alive.
Speaker 2: Shit, what is limited, like the actual pain and suffering. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So the other category is non economic damages, and that's exactly the pain and suffering. All the intangible damages, the loss of enjoyment life, the loss of relationships stuff. I mean, if you can't just put a dollar sign on it and go buy it at a store, it's probably non economic damages. And those are limited in every type of case, and there's different limits in different cases, but those are limited and that's what the judges step in and adjust after a verdict.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that's very that's very cool to know. Thank you. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We have John Fuller with us, of course, and he's available when he's not here at three oh three five nine seven forty five hundred and he will answer quick questions for you on all kinds of stuff. So anyway, I want you to stay tuned for more coming up. Remember deep clean your furnace now. I keep emphasizing it because the cold is coming. I mean, come on, it's already here, right, but the extreme cold, you're gonna want to have your furnace and tip top shape eight eight eight heating dot com forty five bucks eight eight eight heating dot com Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, all compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 2: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. All right, well, let's see what Pete wants to talk about. Pete, go ahead. What's going on? Pete? What's happening?
Speaker 13: Mark?
Speaker 14: Tom?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm a small business owner.
Speaker 15: A small business owner, and I have the liability insurance for twelve years and plumber contractor.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 15: Last year I had a claim and my insurance company chose not to renew my policy, which was fine.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 15: Now they say they're doing an insurance audit, which they've done every year. They would just call me here with the phone and say, hey, you know how much money did you make this year? Give a number, how much did you have expenses? Given a number?
Speaker 2: And Okay, now who who did this? Is this your insurance company doing this?
Speaker 15: My liability insurance says.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got it? Okay, what kind of business are you in? Pete?
Speaker 15: A plumbing contractor. Got it, okay, just a small family business.
Speaker 10: I got it my home.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 15: So now this year, after they dropped me, they want to do the audit. They said, this year it needs to be a in person audit. And so they wanted to come to my home and you know, go over.
Speaker 13: My books and stuff.
Speaker 15: I told them basically, all I.
Speaker 9: Have is a P and L, you know, profit and loss statement, and so go with.
Speaker 2: A sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call company insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 10: Yeah rip.
Speaker 8: New need so you.
Speaker 16: Don't have.
Speaker 1: Come run anxiousness as we can. Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 3: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Yeah, Tom Martino.
Speaker 2: Here is such a beautiful day for a Tuesday, not that it would be not beautiful if it was Wednesdays, but anyway, it's gonna be a little cold today. Welcome. And now let's talk about UH renew Home Innovations because I love these guys. They do the most wonderful shower conversions and they do them that they're beautiful. They look like natural stone walls, but they're they're actually stone risen. No maintenance ever, no grout, nothing. And then you have the shower walls that are the beautiful thick glass. No doors needed. They turn that corner perimeter drains, no no threshold to step or stumble over. Listen. They're great for younger people, they're great for older people. They get rid of that ugly shub. Renew Home Innovations here's what I love about them. Two or three days they do it, and seventy two months to pay no interest. Renew Home Innovations dot Com three oh three nine zero four to two thousand, three oh three nines are A four to two thousand. I want to talk to Courtney Peers from from Roller, not from Roller from buy and Build now, Buy and Build. By the way, I often joked, I wanted my ashes spread there upon my demise, because I love browsing the place. Buy and build is just cool anyway, as Courtney will a test, I've purchased a ton of stuff from him. His stuff was so inexpensive that one time, true story, not trying to be I wasn't trying to be ostentatious. I put in these Quaker beautiful cabinets in my garage and granite workbenches in my garage. And you want to know why, Because I went to look at some gladiator stuff and some other stuff at home depot and I looked at some garage cabinets and these ugly butcher block tops, and I showed Courtney, and I swear to you true story. This was when I had a home in Littleton. He was able to outfit my entire garage with these beautiful cabinets and granit cheaper than the big box stores could with that garage stuff. So when people walked in, they said, oh God, Tom, what the hell are you doing? And I said, hey, it's cheaper, and I don't know how he does it. Now that's his regular you know, buy and well now you want to talk about the auction. Holy crap. So Courtney, people want to know. And this is not this time, but last time. People ask me, if he has such great deals of all year, what is the auction for? What do you do at the auction?
Speaker 4: Well, so the auction you know, so when you sell a set of kitchen cabinets to a customer, they go home and they try to install them, and they're like, you know what, you don't fit.
Speaker 2: I need.
Speaker 4: I need my twenty one inch base to be an eighteen inch base. So then we end up, you know, taking back the twenty one inch base and selling him an eighteen inch eighteen inch base, And then we have a twenty one inch base that's built sitting in our back room. And after those start to pile up for a while, what we do is we build a kitchen around the cabinets we have in the back, and then we'll sell it in an auction to you know, get rid of it, basically out of our doctors.
Speaker 2: They're all just good. They're all just as good as the stuff you have in the in the showrooms.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, that's all brand new talk. All these stuff. The vast majority of the cabinets that are buy and build cabinets at the auction anyway, are.
Speaker 4: Made here, you know, we assemble them here at our shop as we send them over. Now, we do have the cabinets in this auction that are diamond now from Lows. It was a close out that we bought out of Kansas City City and they.
Speaker 9: Still sell them in Colorado at Lows. So we put some kitchens together out of those, but if you buy those, you have to go to Lows to get replacement parts or to I mean, get additional parts. It's just a really good looking clothes outline that we bought and it was a good deal, so we put those in our auction.
Speaker 4: And I also bring a whole semi truckload of merchandise from my supplier in Kansas City, which includes carpet, hardwood flooring, a luxury final flooring tile, you know, tools and gift items. And I have so much lighting at this auction, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 9: We have over one thousand lots this year for this particular auction and half of its lighting, so there's times and lots of light bulbs.
Speaker 2: The auction is actually going on right now, right correct.
Speaker 9: You can walk on and you can start placing bids and then if you can pay.
Speaker 2: So I went there. I just want to tell people while they're listening. I went to Roller ro O L L E R like Roller rollerauction dot com and then on the front page there's B and B buy and Build kitchen and bath on the very front page to the right. You click on that and this is their auction. Now, we always promote it toward the end, but you can actually go on there and start babysitting and watching stuff now right absolutely, What are some of the best deals that usually go from time. It's too early to say now, but normally, what are some of the things that some of the.
Speaker 9: Really good savings.
Speaker 4: You're going to find a lot of tile that's a really good price right now. I think Tyle's sitting at twenty five cents a square foot and it's twelve by twenty four premium porcelain tile. Hardwood flooring right now, I think there's solid three quarter inch hardwood flooring for less than a day right now. And then the doors, we brought two full runs of doors.
Speaker 10: This time.
Speaker 9: We brought a full run of two panel knotty pine doors and a full run of six panel clear pine doors, and those go way under market. If you're looking to redo your doors with a solid court door, and this is the way.
Speaker 10: To buy them.
Speaker 9: And there's enough doors of all different sizes and swings you can do an entire house and not Now.
Speaker 2: Now there are some odd there's some odd stuff to you come to. It's just amazing what you find. I don't know what the hell dino island whatever. Okay, So there's toys.
Speaker 9: So those things are like some sort of a kid's toy. And you smash that egg open, and when you smash the egg open there's a bunch of like ten different prizes inside.
Speaker 2: Oh, very good. And then you have some you have some even fireplace logs, those old you know, those ones you put in that burn for hours and hours and have pretty coloring. You have, I mean this amazing. Yeah, you have Oh the Bronco ceramic snow figures.
Speaker 9: You are going to be popular Broncos. They're looking good this year.
Speaker 2: Man, you got to be into tack for that. You got snowshovels. No, seriously, I'm telling you about the crap stuff. There's automy crap. But there's some really good stuff for the house. But they have backpacks. I mean, I mean, really, Courtney, you went way beyond just normal buy and build stuff.
Speaker 8: Hauns, do you have hot tubs this time?
Speaker 9: Courtney, there's a couple soaker tubs, but no hot tubs this time.
Speaker 10: But yeah.
Speaker 9: The second half of the auction is lighting and light bulbs. There's so much lighting. If you need any new lighting, led lighting or resplacement light bulbs like, there are such.
Speaker 2: There are some beautiful double hunged uhs, excuse me, pre hung doors that are right now at fifteen dollars. What are you kidding me? What do you now? Morty? Doing people ever get screaming? There's so many of them. I have to believe some people walk away with some screaming deals.
Speaker 4: Well, I tell you, even on those doors, they probably retail for about four hundred buns of piece in Colorado, and every now and then you have somebody walks away with a thirty five dollars door. It makes me cry a little bit, but god, it.
Speaker 2: Makes so many granite pieces you have. There are seven dollars vanity pieces that go over standard vanities with sinkholes already cut in them.
Speaker 4: Old.
Speaker 9: There's a lot. I think there's a lot of like eleven of them right now.
Speaker 4: That's under ten bucks for eleven I.
Speaker 2: See some I see some wine coolers and man, so what's the most unusual thing this year? I know some years you have some crazy stuff.
Speaker 4: Well, so you know, there's always one item that you know, we kind of joke about before the auction starts and how high is it going to go? There's like a homemade don John Deere tractor themed bird feeder that I just think is pretty funny, it's pretty creative, was put together, is made by somebody, but it's got a couple John Dear tractors on on top of it.
Speaker 2: That's all about Mark.
Speaker 9: That's our over underwrite, and we don't know where it's going to go. It's like, you know, nineteen dollars right now or something and just John here might get really popular.
Speaker 2: Beautiful exterior lighting. Exterior lighting. So what else did you want to say? Talk about how the closing works and why you tell people to start getting on toward the closing as well?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 9: Sure, yeah, So right now, if you log on you can place bids.
Speaker 4: You can also place a maximum bid, and it's a felony for them to share that maximum bid with anybody, so the computer will automatically bid for you up to your maximum bid.
Speaker 9: If somebody else bids against you. If they don't bid against you, you're going to get it for that low bid that you first put in.
Speaker 4: And then as the items start to close, so they close.
Speaker 9: At one o'clock tomorrow afternoon, starting at one o'clock PM, the first three items will close, and then at one oh one pm, the next three items will close. If you're bidding on an item, well it closes, it will go into two extra minutes of extended bidding, so you can't get out bid with ten seconds left and lose out on your item. If you're watching the auction, you can. It goes into two extra minutes of bidding, so you can get yours.
Speaker 2: And all I want to warn people about and I want to warn po I want to warn people about something. So I saw something here and I thought, hell that it's good, but it's not buy and build good. When I saw something for almost thirty bucks for light fixture, then I look closer. It was a case, so you got a quantity. Look at the quantity because sometimes yeah, you're bidding on one thing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, on the light bulbs. I was literally selling lots of two or three cases full of light bulbs, and right now there's zero dollars bit on some of them. You can get three cases of light bulbs for five bucks.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's amazing. And you have all of the new Eco and Led lights all of them. So that's yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean some of those like flat you know those flat Led flashmount lights. They're quite expensive. They're seventy to ninety dollars a piece of retail and right now they're sitting at ten bucks.
Speaker 2: All right, So here's what I want to tell people. Roller auction. It's this easy rollerauction dot com. Look for Buy and Build on the front, and even if it's not on the front, search Buy and Building. You'll find it. And then it starts. When does it start closing? First item?
Speaker 4: The first item closes at one o'clock pm tomorrow afternoon on the twentieth.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then as you heard him, it's extended if somebody outbids and then and then finally somebody wins, and then Courtney, you can come back on and let us know how it's going. We appreciate it.
Speaker 10: I definitely will.
Speaker 9: I'll give you a holler to Mark, all right, man.
Speaker 2: Buy and Build dot net is my kind of store, and it's uh Rollerauction dot com. Okay, so we have a follow up. William called earlier. I'm going to go to him after the break. He has the uh eighteen Twitter Tacoma and I want to get. What I'd like to do is get shared an auto tech on Kachina if we can. Then Deputy Chopper has a follow up. We also have John Fuller with us. By the way, his website call Fuller dot com www dot call Fuller dot com or three oh three five ninety seven forty five hundred. When he's not here with us, we have more right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, You're troubleshooter three O three seven to one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five William, Okay, now we don't have our auto expert available. Unfortunately, not one of them. I can't. We couldn't get one of them. Not one of them.
Speaker 8: She tried everybody, No kidd and we're trying one morning.
Speaker 2: He have wait, wait, who's the YouTube morons?
Speaker 4: We have? No?
Speaker 2: No, seriously, I'm not kidding. We had who's the one that calls in all the time, that's pretty smart with cars? We do have someone that does. And if you're listening, call us or text us. But here, here's the bottom line, William. You said, did he send us an email?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 10: I didn't send an email. I don't have your email address.
Speaker 2: Oh, but you do have the paper in front of you. Okay. I want to know what they said about your two thousand and eighteen Toyota Tacoma.
Speaker 10: Okay. They had to perform a compression test on the motor. Okay. The compression test found that film the one had a lot lower ps by compression compared to the cylinders three and five.
Speaker 2: Do you know what the numbers were though? Can you give me the numbers?
Speaker 10: Eric code?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: The compression.
Speaker 5: Oh no, okay, they didn't give it to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead, compression, I got it, man, keep going. What else?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 10: But the aero code was I know, I don't care about the We.
Speaker 2: Don't care about the ARA cod. None of us care about that. Right now. What we care about is what did they say about sludge or oil?
Speaker 10: They didn't see anything but sledge oil. It said there's a leak, and there's a leak in the veils for cylinder one.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's it a valve oil.
Speaker 9: I was.
Speaker 2: Forty some thousand miles. You have an oil leak passing by one valve? Yes, yes, okay. And what year did you say it?
Speaker 14: Was?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 2: Not eighteen? Right?
Speaker 10: Twenty eighteen?
Speaker 2: Okay? And now you can give me the code because now I'm on the site where I can take a code.
Speaker 10: Okay. The air code was one E P zero zero.
Speaker 2: So that's echo one one echo Charlie zero zero. No, what is it, Papa, papa? Okay?
Speaker 5: Well go ahead, Papa.
Speaker 10: One one echo Charlie zero zero.
Speaker 9: Got it?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Okay. So, according to their site, or not their site, but this auto site, that air code means exactly what you just said. A cylinder one has the improper balance of air fuel and it could be from a faulty fuel injector a burnt valve, a sensor malfunction. So what are they saying it's gonna Why is they saying it's going to cost eight thousand.
Speaker 10: Because they helped to replace the replace the whole passenger side cylinder head assembly, replacing the four valves on cylinder one, and to replace the cyllin the head gaskets.
Speaker 2: So they have to take the whole they're saying they have, they're basically doing the left head. Yes, yes, okay, I would get a second opinion. Is it at a dealer right now?
Speaker 10: It's in my driveway right now, but this is the dealer's estimate.
Speaker 2: Is it drivable?
Speaker 10: Yes it is?
Speaker 2: Okay, Where are you located.
Speaker 10: I'm a located area of Tower Road and Orchard Road.
Speaker 2: Oh, Tower and Orchard Okay, that's way out. I you know what you need? What we need is to get you to one of our people to get you a good opinion here on this. You really do I mean, if it's just one cylinder and one valve, I don't know if you need They said it's a common problem, but this doesn't sound like a compon this. This doesn't sound like the normal stuff that Toyota has.
Speaker 10: But my thing is, if it's a if it's a known and common problem, why.
Speaker 2: Is it not this one? This one isn't There is one for sledge and stuff, but that's not this.
Speaker 5: Why do you think it's a known common problem?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well did you look it up?
Speaker 1: No, they told us.
Speaker 2: Okay. I think they're just trying to justify that high price tag right now, saying, look, there's nothing we can do about it. Did you ask him if there was going to be any kind of any kind of a compensation.
Speaker 10: Yes, I hail as Tom.
Speaker 8: I've spoken to Hey, we got Griffin up from our referral list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but hold on a second, just so you know, this error code that I looked up also says that this this cylinder one air fuel ratio imbalance is is not a common problem okay on Toyota, specifically on Toyota's or Toyota Comas or twenty eighteen Toyota engines. So I think they're giving you a story. Let's let's get Griffin on and this is the self professed Is this the self professed best looking dude on our refugrat Griffin. Listen, man, this guy gets a to he goes, hey, why did you take it to the shop to begin with? I forgot to ask that, William.
Speaker 10: The check engine light came.
Speaker 2: On, okay, and they did. They got an error code and they said, you're getting some basically oil leakage through the cylinder through the valve on cylinder one. And when I looked it up, Griffin, his error code is p Papa eleven echo Charlie zero zero and it says cylinder one air fuel ratio imbalance. They're telling them they need to do the whole left side head and it's going to cost him eight grand.
Speaker 11: Did you say Papa eleven p zero.
Speaker 2: No, I said Papa eleven echo Charlie zero zero.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry, Tom got a bad echo on this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's his headset doing it. It's Papa one one echo Charlie zero zero. I believe he's on Bluetooth or something. I'm hearing an echo too from him.
Speaker 3: All right, hold hold on.
Speaker 2: Sure, yes it is sir, thank you?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: All right, yeah, yeah, he's looking it up. He's pretty he's pretty smart as well as good looking, so he should be able to come up with something on that, and I believe that you're gonna find that it is probably not a common problem. I mean, that's what I'm thinking. I everywhere I look, I see nothing that says this is a common problem. So we'll we'll, we'll see. Though, what do you got, Griffin? You have anything yet?
Speaker 11: If God don't have anything for that particular Uh, I'm trying to verify that code. I don't have anything for he's zero zero, one one, but I don't.
Speaker 9: Have a eleven.
Speaker 11: It doesn't matter what's doing. He has a misfire.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's has an imbalance of air air of fuel ratio on on cylinder one. But here's what I want to ask you. Then they went further and said, you had a valve. That's bad? Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Is that it? Just?
Speaker 2: Now if you he has one valve on one cylinder, they're telling him, and he's a whole left side of the head done. Yeah.
Speaker 11: So so when they say left side or they say on left side, like the driver's side or the.
Speaker 9: Passenger side side, it's usually driver.
Speaker 11: Okay, So you're not gonna believe this, Tom.
Speaker 12: I've got video footage of a of a Tacoma about that same year that that actually had histon rings going going out on it, and so I wouldn't I wouldn't be surprised if if they're if they're telling.
Speaker 11: The truth, if you got to go ahead and pull that head off, you you're getting into that engine. So I would ask them to go ahead and stick a scope in there and get some video footage so they could show it to him and put his minded e Yeah.
Speaker 2: How many miles on that?
Speaker 10: William's just under four to seven thousand os?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I believe that the one we had was was I want to say it was around thirty thousand miles, Like I couldn't believe it. Wow, man, what engine does it have?
Speaker 10: The six three point five Leader.
Speaker 9: Three point five?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yes, yeah, I've seen that before. I would ask them to go ahead and get you a way, if they could go ahead and take a scope with a video and get you some pictures, to go ahead and help help put your mind to ease, because if they've got to pull off to that side of the engine, that's major work. They're getting into it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now do you think when it is something like that, let's just say it is let's just say for grins, it's one valve. It is the labor so intense that you may as well do all of them.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, you're taking you're taking. I'm picture like this, Tom. You have the engine block and then you have the cylinder heads. When it is the head, it's the top happens, and you're taking that off, and that's and that you have to take the cylinder head off.
Speaker 2: Got it to the valve? Yeah, I got it. Yeah, Okay, So as long as you go through all that brain damage, you may as well just adjust the guides in all of them, right, or I mean replace them or whatever. Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you've replaced the guys you sent into a machine shop. Make sure there's no other damage, and then go ahead and you're gonna I'd be surprised that they actually rebuilt it. They'd probably just replace it. But either way, the whole head's got to come off, and you're gonna want to go through that.
Speaker 13: Make sure that there's no other damage.
Speaker 2: God, that's only forty seven thousand miles Hans.
Speaker 11: So, but Tom, you know before, it's on a Toyota. But if I can find the video, I'll send it over.
Speaker 2: Mark. I thought both I thought they're supposed to be bulletproof toyotas.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know it was probably built you know, you know on a Friday read before closing time.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, hey, Griffin, there's another thing I wanted to ask you. Uh, the sledge problem with Toyota. Is that still a problem?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 11: I don't know, Okay, I do know that Toyota did did just have a recall on a number of the turbot engines, don't all right, Yeah, every mechanical course got has problems with I'm not too aware with the sludge.
Speaker 2: So William listen and thank you, Griffin. We appreciate your time. Action Automotive by the way, in the spring seven one nine, six thirty three zero zero zero eight. William, listen, the factory doesn't have to do anything for you. Really, I don't know. As a matter of fact, No, they don't. There's no recall, there's no service bulletin. It's not a common problem.
Speaker 10: Just one quick thing, Tom, customer Services for Toyota Corporations. Give me a call Friday, good good, let me know if they're gonna help me with some kind of outset on this on this uh, on this.
Speaker 2: Now listen, remember you can have that you don't have to have that done at a dealer. You can get a second get second opinions from some really good shops and see you might be able to get it done cheaper somewhere else. Now, if Toyota participates, they may require a dealer. But uh, anyway, we got to move on. I gotta take this break. Three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three A two five five Denver Regen dot com. If you have a painful joint, if you need sem cell therapy, they do that. They do weight loss weight loss of semaglutide or tur zeppetide. Now this is just starting at like two seventy five a month. It's pennies compared to the rest, and they're great people. Denverregen dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martino. You're a troubleshooter talking now to Deputy Chopper. He has a follow up from last week. Who is this that we're falling up with? Amanda?
Speaker 5: Amanda in Glen Apartments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was that all about, Amanda? I'm looking for the original call here.
Speaker 17: It's one week ago. It was on a Tuesday they sent it. Appears that they sent a her refund to a wrong address.
Speaker 2: And she had an issue with her deposit. Correct was so what happened?
Speaker 17: Well, I contacted them and they wouldn't answer, So I kept on contacting them and they finally did answer, and they did.
Speaker 2: She got a letter. So she moved at the end of July and got the letter in August saying she would be getting her deposit. They claim they mailed it on the thirteenth, Yes.
Speaker 5: And I think they mailed it to a bad address.
Speaker 17: Long story short, she got it a couple days ago, and they told me not to talk to them again because I was in the stage of harassing them.
Speaker 2: What harassing them? So at this point they never got it she no, she has it.
Speaker 17: She got Oh so I get dinger for six hundred and forty four dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no you do, I thought. I'm sorry, I misunderstood then, so she did get it. And there you go with your dinger, with my dinger or whatever, and hold on let me see. You know, once in a while when I'm not here, I try to have Mark use his let's hear it. Sorry, we can't use Mark's dinger yet. He's got to come up with something better. But you got mine. In fact, I even have sound effects in my bedroom turning to ladies and gentlemen. Now I didn't do that. Now, who the hell put that sound in there? Anyway?
Speaker 7: Someone got in a lot of trouble for that goat down years ago. Really, No, seriously, what do you mean by that in a lot of trouble? I'm just saying for playing it on the air. Yep, isn't that correct, Shannon?
Speaker 2: A lot of trouble or three days off, however you want to look at it. Yeah, what are the chances that people on LinkedIn that where I'm getting job leads to be a TV reporter? Don't know how old I am. What are the chance about it's sixty, John, What do you mean I've never seen a seventy year old reporter in my life. Well, yeah, of course, yeah, c because I think it's a requirement that you have to be near death's answers. That's another that's another requirement at CBS near death experience wanted anyway, So as far as uh, personal injury, I actually did get a text here and he wanted to know if companies are from out of state but their commercial via was driving through Colorado, do you have to sue them out of state?
Speaker 5: John Fuller, No, sir, we can see him right here.
Speaker 2: Why is that because it happened here.
Speaker 5: Yep, because it.
Speaker 6: Happened here, and we have jurisdiction over them because they were traveling through the state of Colorado, thereby transacting business within the four corners of the state, so we have jurisdiction.
Speaker 2: Can you, ever, can you think of a scenario where it's necessary or where it would be necessary to go to them out of state.
Speaker 5: For an accident that happened here.
Speaker 2: No, for any kind of like, Okay, that's obvious, Like if you're on vacation somewhere and you get into an accident. Yeah, but they can't come home and use you, can they Well.
Speaker 6: I do handle cases like that periodically, but I do it with the with the explanation that if we had to litigate it, I will have to associate with an attorney in that state to actually handle the litigation. But I do handle cases, and sometimes that makes sense because we need to help coordinate the medical care, We need to do everything that needs to be done here, and that's really difficult for an out of state attorney to do for a client that's back here in Colorado. So so yeah, if you're in that situation, definitely give us a call. We can talk you through it and definitely make it work. But it's a jurisdictional thing. Now to really expand on that answer, Sometimes when you have the jurisdiction to sue somebody in state court, they also have the option of removing that matter to federal court, saying essentially that they don't think they can get a fair shake in that state court and they have a right to remove it to federal court.
Speaker 2: And so is that also with mixed venues that can happen when you have mixed jurisdictions. Federal can be a convenient.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's called it's called diversity jurisdiction. And so diversity requires that all the parties are diverse, which means you couldn't have two people in Colorado that were parties to the lawsuit and one out of state. One that would defeat diversity jurisdiction. But if you only have a plaintiff in Colorado and say a Kansas company that you're going after, they could easily remove that to federal court. It'd still be federal court in Colorado, but it would be federal court.
Speaker 2: Does that make it easier?
Speaker 5: No, I wouldn't say that at all.
Speaker 2: Are they less likely? I mean, is federal jurisdiction harder on personal entry?
Speaker 6: Well, it's you know, it's a different it's just a different situation all the way around. My preference is not to be in federal court. The Feds use a different jury pool. You know, we can pick what county we want to follow our lawsuits in, and we and we do jury research and stuff to figure out, you know, where the people are going to be coming from for any individual action that we're looking at. In federal court, you don't have that. It's a jury kind from the entire state. So you could get people from Way South or Way Western Slope. And you know it's just a different group of people and it may not be the best one for your particular case.
Speaker 9: We got right right up.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 2: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine to zero, sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here, justin let's talk about this apartment. Go ahead, man, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Justin there?
Speaker 2: We're good, Yes, sir, we are justin right. Well, hold on, hold on, hold on nowt now, Shannon just started that music, which means we only have a minute, so I'd rather just let you hold and take give you time. We will start researching this, so hang on justin. Then, we also have a car that's just pooping out for no reason. We're gonna talk about that. That's a Kia Sorrento, So stay tuned on the Troubleshooter Show. We also John Fuller throughout three five nine sid go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with remax alte three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 12: Yeah, RiPP.
Speaker 1: News need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 9: Come run insou as fast as we can show.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 3: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: Now Tom Martinez, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three old three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. We are here to help you as we do every day, and as I've been doing for more than forty five years, solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints, recovering literally hundreds of millions of dollars in cash, merchandise, exchanges, refunds and services. And I'm proud to bring you this hour brought to you by Wave eight wealth Man dot Com, the company I formed to help you make wise investment decisions, personal handholding and the real deal. We do not subcontract it out, nor do we hand it up the line and add a middleman fee. If you want direct management, direct conversations on either a weekly or monthly basis, or whenever you want direct about you and only you, not not pooled with other people, then you call me three all three seven seven to one help seven seven one four three five seven Wave eight Capital dot Com. That's the number eight Wave Eightcapital dot Com. Welcome. John Fuller's with us now. John Fuller can help you with any kind of topic on personal injury. And we talk about being the auto expert, auto accident expert. He's handled all kinds of personal intrigue, but that's his forte is auto accidents. And we were talking about speak up. We were talking about where to sue people and where do you sue people? And you sue them where the accident took place. Is that in a nutshell what you do? John, Yep?
Speaker 5: Most of the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if you sue them in Colorado, an accident in Colorado. Find if you're on vacation somewhere and an accident happens elsewhere, even though you're located in Colorado, then what do you do?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: You so, you know, you have to think about the big picture here, you know, and this is where a lot of people just get you know, kind of they're not sure about the process. We don't just run down to the courthouse to day you come, hire me.
Speaker 5: For an accident.
Speaker 6: Okay, that is the last step in the in the process. The process involves getting you the help that you need, getting you the treatment that you need, and then having a negotiation with the insurance company that gives us at least a chance of getting the case resolved fairly for an appropriate amount. If we're not successful in getting that appropriate amount put on the table, then we're going to.
Speaker 5: Go down and file the lawsuit and pursue it.
Speaker 6: So we don't have to necessarily, you know, if you had that accident, say in Kansas or something, you know, there's nothing that prohibits me from handling the case. When I have a client back here in Colorado and I'm practicing law in Colorado and dealing with an insurance company, there's nothing that prohibits me from handling that case all the way through the end, as long as I don't have to file a lawsuit in a jurisdiction that I'm not licensed to practice law in. So what that means is, if we get to the point where negotiations have failed and we need to file a lawsuit, I'm going to be shopping for a Kansas attorney to team up with me or to take over the entire case through the litigation process, depending on all the different circumstances.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well said basically you so, So it's all starts with the discussion, and it's safe to say that no matter what, they can call you and ask you questions, no matter what, you'll tell them, Hey, this isn't the right venue, or this is the right or this is what we do. Yes, so they do, yeah, exactly, And he's when he's not here at three h three five nine seven forty five hundred, I want to go back to Justin because we didn't have time. So Justin, you're on the radio. You're talking about an apartment's complex. Go ahead, sir, I'm on right now, you are, sir, Yes you are. That's why I said that. Yes, go ahead.
Speaker 18: Yeah, someboe having an issue with the apartment management.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell me.
Speaker 2: Tell me what's going on. Tell the story.
Speaker 18: They had an inspection thing.
Speaker 9: They put a note on my door.
Speaker 10: Good to go.
Speaker 9: They're doing filter and.
Speaker 4: Fire apartment.
Speaker 9: The smoke detectors cool extending out. But my apartment manager wanted.
Speaker 18: To come in here and started looking at things like this is not a scheduled inspection. I have inspections by the VA and at Denver Housing Authority right now?
Speaker 12: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you on? Are you on subsidized housing?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 9: I live in the apartment.
Speaker 4: Uh, it's right across from the old Claremont VA.
Speaker 2: But okay, does VA pay for it?
Speaker 9: Yes, okay, so that's on the Department of Housing Authority.
Speaker 18: They give them as a subsidized So I pay half and they pay half.
Speaker 2: And okay, but it's v A and HUD Denver Housing, Denver Housing. Okay. So what I want to know is this your landlord, not not VA, but your landlord wanted to Your landlord wanted to inspect the apartment.
Speaker 9: No, you just came in.
Speaker 4: I let her because I was like, what are you doing?
Speaker 18: I thought they were just going to change out the filters because I wasn't ready for inspection.
Speaker 19: I have a I have a chest fracture and a broken uh spring hand, which is my dominant right hands.
Speaker 4: I am not able to clean as well.
Speaker 18: I'm a United States Marine, all right, so I'm not able to clean as well as No, I get.
Speaker 2: You, I get you now. But at first they said it was to change bathroom justin, just just justin, justin. Let me get a picture here. First, at first they said it was to change your filter and smoke detector inspection, right, okay? Then then they then what did they do?
Speaker 19: Then she came into the bathroom area and in my bathtub, She's like, where's your drain plug. I was like, well, I took the drain plug out because I have long hair.
Speaker 4: So getting clogged, so I took it out.
Speaker 10: It's right by the.
Speaker 5: Toilet.
Speaker 9: I was like, it's right there.
Speaker 18: And I was like, wait a minute, this is an inspection. Then she started going through my bedroom. She's like, oh no, this is too much.
Speaker 9: I'm not a hoarder.
Speaker 12: Maybe I might.
Speaker 18: Classified as a hoarder, but I collect a.
Speaker 9: Lot of hot wheels, bunkos, action figures.
Speaker 4: A lot of things that are special to me, and they're in cases and they're.
Speaker 10: Protected.
Speaker 9: And she's just like, oh no, this is not good.
Speaker 18: And then she goes to my balcony.
Speaker 9: She's like, this violation is I had the bicycles on my porch and.
Speaker 18: It just it went do down heel from there?
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 9: I honestly I threw out of my domicile.
Speaker 2: Why don't you say I need to know like how you did that? Like for example, was she with anyone else? Or was she was she with anyone else or was she alone?
Speaker 18: There was three other there was two other witnesses.
Speaker 2: Okay, so when you said when you said I'm not ready for when you said I'm not ready for an inspection, please leave?
Speaker 10: Then what.
Speaker 4: I don't think I said that.
Speaker 9: I said the bad words that can't go over the radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, thank you? So justin here so I see, Okay, what were they? Here's what I need to know. What were the consequences of this? Tell me what happened as a result.
Speaker 4: I don't know yet.
Speaker 9: I've never gotten a letter on my door of a violation.
Speaker 4: Or anything yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what do you think when did this inspection happen?
Speaker 4: What was that?
Speaker 2: When will this? When did this happen?
Speaker 10: November fifth? Voting day?
Speaker 9: Okay, day of voting.
Speaker 2: Now why are you calling us?
Speaker 9: Then?
Speaker 2: Tell me what you're anticipating.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm wondering how do I deal with the manager that I'm.
Speaker 18: Expecting some kind of retaliation?
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to explaining something to you, and you're not gonna like it. Okay. There is something in criminal law and it's caused it called fruit from the poisonous tree. Okay, this is in criminal law. What that means is no, No, here's what it means. It means that when they're looking around for something and they have a legit reason for looking at something, but they find something that's really really wrong, but they don't have a reason for looking at that, they can't use that evidence against you. That's in criminal law, in civil law, or in civil circumstances. This isn't even law. You're not even being accused of anything. She was in your apartment. Now, she's not a police officer. This is not a civil justin just wait, just let me finish man. Just let me finish and you'll hear what I'm saying. She's not bound by the same search and rules and constitutional issues as a police officer or authorities. Those rights were established to keep us from being from being oppressed. Okay. When a landlady or landlord, let's call a landlord is in your home to change filters, if she notes something that she does not like, you can't say to her, well, wait a minute, that wasn't why you were in my apartment. That's that's fruit from a poisonous tree. You can't use that against me. She absolutely can. Anything she observes, she can use against you. So if she feels that your apartment is unsafe or violates rules in any way, I just want to tell you this upfront, then you can go about it any way you want. You can't make the argument. Now, wait a minute. She wasn't there to inspect. She was there to change a furtus film her because it's not it's not a constitutional right that she can't look at a dangerous condition. Now you can disagree with her on whether it's dangerous or whether it violates policy, and you can fight what could be an eviction, or you can decide to comply. So that's what's going to come. But you don't have a special argument based on what you were saying in the beginning. I think what you were trying to establish is that she came into your apartment under false circumstances. She came in to change filters and went further. That's okay, did John, you understand what I'm saying? John? Do you understand what I'm saying. I understand that you let her. That has nothing to do with it. I don't mean disrespect to you. Listen. You're a veteran, you're disabled. Listen. I get that, and I want to help you, but I also want you to have accurate information. John, can you expound on what I was saying? You understand what I'm saying, Right, John, he's trying to make a case for like.
Speaker 5: No, I understand, Listen, this is not a criminal case.
Speaker 9: I'm not evicted or nothing. I'm just saying she ain't They ain't know.
Speaker 18: Nobody's hung anything.
Speaker 9: On the door yet. I'm just trying to preemptive.
Speaker 2: That's why I love you, Okay, No one is No one is saying that. I am saying she could evict you because of it.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, John, So I think what Tom's what Tom's trying to say, sir, is that you know that we're not talking an evidentiary standard that might come in in like a criminal case or something. If the landlord was in your property for any reason and saw something that you weren't allowed to have, and that forms the basis of an eviction, you can't complain about that. You can't you can't get out of the eviction by saying you weren't here for that in the first place.
Speaker 10: So was just a dream plug in a viole?
Speaker 5: No, I understand that.
Speaker 6: So if the drain plug is not a violation that would allow her to terminate your lease, then it's not going to be the grounds to terminate your lease.
Speaker 5: But yes it is if you had you know.
Speaker 10: But I signed my.
Speaker 18: Lease two months ago, so a year lease. So I'm like, hey man, you ain't trying to kick me out.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Let me just give you an example and see if this makes better sense.
Speaker 6: Let's say you had a meth cooking operation in the kitchen, okay, and saving aside the fact that that would be illegal all by itself, that would be a violation of your lease. The fact that she was there to change a filter wouldn't change the fact that she walked in on a big cook going on in your kitchen of an illegal substance. So she could easily evict you. And there's not a single thing you could say that would stop that. Here you're talking about a drain plug, okay, and a bunch of clutter. If that's not enough to violate your lease, it can't form the basis of an eviction, So you have nothing to worry about.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 2: So no, no, I understand you. I understand you being I understand you being upset for sure. Okay. But here's what. Here's all we're saying and.
Speaker 18: Looks at your house and be like, oh, what you're doing?
Speaker 2: You know the same thing, Tom, It's not the same thing because I own the house. Listen now, listen, I'm not justin trust me. I'm not saying people have a right to just invade your privacy and get you. Hell, Okay, that's not the case here. This is a landlord who was in there on a legit reason. And if she I'm not saying anything is accurate.
Speaker 16: But if she says she believes you are violating terms of the lease, she has a right to try to evict you on it, and you have a right to disagree.
Speaker 4: However, Tom, because she putting no things on.
Speaker 5: My daughter's say, then why are you calling sir lit?
Speaker 2: Okay? Then the reason I'm addressing that is because I thought that's why you were calling. No, this is preemptive, okay, Okay, So it's preemptive of what?
Speaker 4: Justin?
Speaker 2: What is it preemptive of?
Speaker 4: Of what?
Speaker 2: Preemptive of? What? Of the sun coming up tomorrow? What is it preemptive of? What is justin?
Speaker 4: Justin?
Speaker 2: You said you called me on a preemptive move, preemptive of what? Just tell me preemptive an eviction? I think? No, right, well, hold on, I'm trying to get him because he's telling me he's not being evicted. So you called as a preemptive move to what what are you expecting?
Speaker 3: Eviction paperwork?
Speaker 2: Okay, so therefore you get it. Therefore, when I had dress the preemptive concern of eviction, you answer me by saying, well, she didn't do anything, okay, So fine, you got your information. When she does something, apply the information. Thank you for calling three zero three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. You see, we could do that circle for about three more hours if we wanted to. But I'm not gonna do the circle. Okay. He was calling for fear that what she discovered may lead to an eviction. What we were telling him is if she does, he has no special rights because she was in there changing furnace filters. Bottom line, if a landlord observes anything in your apartment that he or she does not like, even if they put their hands on their temples and peer through your window, that is not something you can argue. If they found it, it doesn't matter how they found it. What they can't do is break an end. Okay, they can't do that. But they can enter your apartment and they can look in the windows. Sorry they can. I'm Tom Martino Moore coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 2: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three h five five. Right, Hey David, this we got Kevin Callkin on our one of our auto experts at shared at autotech dot com. Share. Kevin's a smart man and David wants to talk about his car and it was stopping. So David, explain, what's going on with your car? It's a First of all, it's a Kia A twenty twenty three Kia Sorrento. Can't have that many mileages? Much mileage, David, what does it got on it?
Speaker 4: No, it's only got about nine thousand miles on it. About nine thousand.
Speaker 2: And wait a minute, what does the dealer say about it? It's under warranty.
Speaker 4: So purchased the vehicle the end of December twenty twenty three, like the summer thirtieth, early April of twenty twenty four, was driving the car with my family in traffic. A bunch of lights flashed on the dashboard. Proceeds to make a left hand turn at an intersection. At that point in time, the car went death what you would call like a limp mode where the car kind of shut down. It had power, but I can only go about half a mile an hour, and nearly yep.
Speaker 2: Ye, yep, jump got broadside.
Speaker 4: Nearly got broadsided, you know, when when the car shut down, limped into a parking lot, you know, kind of was like, okay, this is not cool. Shut the car off, recycled it, it started back up, had it towed to the dealership. They had it for roughly twenty eight days in April, twenty eight days and April doing a multitude of diagnostics. They couldn't figure out what the problem was. They had specialists from Kia flyout to try to figure out the problem was. They couldn't diagnose it.
Speaker 1: They couldn't.
Speaker 4: They ultimately came down to the assumption that there had been other cars in the country where there was a so called voltage drop in the throttle body drop. So they put a new throttle body on the car back in late April, after about twenty eight days after we picked it up.
Speaker 13: We picked up, drove it, you.
Speaker 4: Know, for many months, and then on November first, my wife was driving my daughters to gymnastics on a county road, and the exact same problem happened. She's going you fifty miles an hour, the car starts slowing down. She can't figure out why, she keeps pressed the gas harder and harder.
Speaker 9: And the car won't go.
Speaker 4: Luckily, she was able to kind of coast into a parking lot, you know, avoiding any accidents and essentially the same problem.
Speaker 2: Apron. How many miles did you say it was? How many miles you said they were very little mile?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, I will say it the roughly.
Speaker 4: It's like high nine thousand, maybe ten thousand, maybe nine.
Speaker 2: I'd be really I'd be really pissed. I'd be really pissed. I mean, but but here, here's one thing I do want to say, and then I'm gonna let Kevin take that. But David, you mentioned the same problem. What you mean is the same limp mode. Let me explain something. The limp mode is triggered by more than one problem, so it could literally be different problems that cause the same limp mode. But it seems like the same problem to you. So what do you think is going on to not.
Speaker 10: That rupt you?
Speaker 4: But the car back in April, they were able to pull up a non active code, they call it back in April.
Speaker 10: When the car went into the same situation.
Speaker 4: To two to and a half weeks with my wife, she was wise enough to pull out her phone and she actually videotaped the dashboard the same code that popped up in April.
Speaker 2: Pops, Oh, so it was the same actual code.
Speaker 11: What code was yea?
Speaker 9: And what they're telling what they're telling I don't know the code number.
Speaker 4: My wife has on her phone. The dealership has the car right now, but it's the same problem problem, and it's just a matter of you know, you know where they're at right now. I got a call from the dealership earlier today. They're like, you know what, We've had the car. We've driven her one hundred miles, which I'm not a fan of them putting one hundred miles in my car during diagnostics. But they're like, oh, we can't figure out what's wrong. To say, he doesn't have a solution right now, do you want to come get your car?
Speaker 10: I'm like, well, wait a.
Speaker 2: Minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. They don't know what's causing it. They do not know what's.
Speaker 11: Causing they they say they have the code.
Speaker 4: Because the code is not an active code, they can't troubleshoot and they and they've been driving our car for the last since November first, trying to get the problem to replicate. And I'm like, here's the problem. It happened to us in April. It took six months for it to replicate for us.
Speaker 10: Both times it.
Speaker 4: Shut off in traffic. You know, I like worse. Yeah, it's frustrating. And you know, I'm not gonna lie. I've had cars with recall problems in the past, but you know, the speakers have a fuzzy sound, and then more.
Speaker 9: The air conditioning doesn't work.
Speaker 4: I've never had a so called safety issue where the car literally loses.
Speaker 9: Power in the middle of traffic.
Speaker 4: Once almost caused an accident with me and my two kids in the cars and my wife.
Speaker 9: I'm not super happy.
Speaker 4: You know. I bought myself my wife a brand new car to have a safe car, and I have absolutely the opposite of a safe car.
Speaker 20: Yeah, if you can get me the code, I can do a little research you know later on today. Uh, because there are some commonalities in these cars. I mean they had but I had something cy with no as well, I mean they had an ignition failure sensor that is chronic in these you know, to twenty three keys, they're constantly going down. But that's something they would be aware of. So I'm a little confused as to what the code would give us a little better idea of which direction to go, but I'd be happy to research it for your Yeah, you know, And I mean we assume that when they replaced the throttle body in April, I'm like, Okay, great, happy life, We've got a safe car again.
Speaker 4: Only find out what So.
Speaker 2: Kevin, do you have any do you have any ideas, any clues? What do you think?
Speaker 10: Well, without a code, I need a direction.
Speaker 20: But the most common failure we see is what they call it ignition failure sensor.
Speaker 9: It's a sensor that.
Speaker 20: Monitors the amper is between the ignition coils in the computer, so it can shut it down if it sees a glitz or anything. And it's it's fairly common.
Speaker 10: But you think KA would be well aware of that.
Speaker 4: I mean they've had the car for roughly a combined forty six.
Speaker 9: Days in the first ten months of May.
Speaker 2: Nothing they can't. Well, Kevin, what would you do if you had the car. I mean it's still under warrant. He's not going to do it.
Speaker 10: But what would you do?
Speaker 9: Sure?
Speaker 2: What would you do?
Speaker 20: Well, there's got to be something else they can try. I mean, one thing is replicating. If you can't replicate, there there is what they call freees frame data. It'll show you exactly what the car saw when this code set. Although it's not active, it's it's stored in the computer.
Speaker 4: Unlike you.
Speaker 2: I got it. I gotta take I gotta take this break. If you can hang on, please keV. We'll come back to it and more coming up. I'm Tom Martine Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Archino here three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So, uh, the Lemon law that changed in August extended to two years. The cover used to be a year from purchase or the warranty period, whichever is shorter, and usually it's been a year, and now they're saying it's two years. And I'm not surevers relationship with the warrants, but it doesn't matter because most warranties are over two years anyway. So in essence, two years is the Lemon law. You should still be under that. When did you buy this, David?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the car was bought on December thirtieth of twenty twenty three. And it is my understanding that because our car was purchased for that law change.
Speaker 2: We fall you know what, you know what, You're right, You're right. It doesn't go retroactive, yes, do not.
Speaker 4: Strangely, so, while you while we're on breakthrough, my wife actually found that code.
Speaker 10: She logged onto the key app and we have the code.
Speaker 4: I mean, and you know my issue here it is the code is p is in Papa zero six five three one two.
Speaker 2: And that's a KYA code. Yes, okay, So anyway, let's talk about it the dealer.
Speaker 4: I mean, we're at where we're at, net Sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 2: The dealer could not fix it.
Speaker 4: They still can't fix it. They had they had it to again for another seventeen or eighteen days. They were asking if I want to come pick up the car. My response was is it fixed? And their response is, we don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, Kevin, get your car. I'm reading here, Kevin. What I'm to hear about that code is that there's a sensor reference voltage is high. So I don't know what that means, but it says faulty sensor within the B circuit. There could be a short short circuit, or an open circuit corrosion or poor connection, or or issues with the ECM. Now, Kevin, you're equipped for all of those. Here's what I would do. Here's exactly what I would do. And Kevin, I'll let you talk to this, but here's what I would do if I were you, David. I would take it over to Kevin and say, you know what, Kevin, just check it out and if he finds something, you know, if you have to pay for the diagnosic, fine, But I take it over to the dealer and say, here's what's wrong with it? Fix it right, because they may not they may not know how to find it. And Kevin Ken maybe maybe.
Speaker 10: Yeah, what do you have to say, Kevin, what do you think it's entirely possible?
Speaker 20: Like I said, hopefully they didn't clear everything out, you know, so we still have some data to work with. That's the main thing. But I'd be more happy to take a look at it and do a little research on the code as well, because there's common alleys and all cars life, so there's got to be a direction and something they can try. And sometimes under warranty they don't. They can't just try things if they're not related, or they can't prove the problem because Kia won't pay them. So that's why they tend to try things under warranty.
Speaker 10: So right, but yeah, we can.
Speaker 9: Definitely look and I mean it wouldn't hurt I guess our issue too, is, you know.
Speaker 4: Since it's is deemed to be somewhat of a safety a big of a safety issue. It's a big safety issue. Is we know we're coming up, we're butting up really quickly against any potential lemon law activity. Is what is your guidance in the past, maybe having worked with other people, is what's the best.
Speaker 9: Course of action.
Speaker 4: Is my understanding that we can send a certified letter to Kia or whomever it is, but that doesn't do anything in terms of locking in the claim. I some think there has to be a lawsuit filed before our so called December thirtieth cutoff.
Speaker 9: Is there truth to that?
Speaker 4: Or What I don't want to do is have this car have the same failure six more months from now and I've lost all recourse because we didn't file properly during the you know, Lemon law period of time, that first year that we're kind of locked into at this point in time. At this point in time, I don't feel safe having my found me in the car when it loses power when they're hurting around town. You know, it's not my idea.
Speaker 20: I'm not one hundred percent familiar with Lemon law procedures and so forth.
Speaker 10: I've never really got involved in the.
Speaker 2: Sure So listen to here's the deal. Well, I don't know, you can't do the Lemon law after they well, hold on, hold on, hold on, Wait a minute, it happened during the first year, didn't it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we're inside the one year period. That's what I'm saying. But we're running short on time. I had roughly six weeks before I lose any chance to have Kia make this right for me.
Speaker 10: Nold know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So listen, one year from purchase is the original Lemon law. You would still have one year from purchase you bought it in December. You know what. You may want to go see what's the Raina's Isn't rain Raina?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, can you give him Raina's number? Raina is.
Speaker 4: I spoke, I've actually spoke to rain I spoke to Raina this morning. Believe it.
Speaker 10: It was more of the situation of.
Speaker 4: You know, obviously it was a consultation appointment, so she can't really give any legal advice because I'm not to recain client yet. But it was very I don't want to say it was ambiguous, but it was a little bit more like, well, you could do this, you could do that. I'm not telling you what to do about picking the car up, you know, but I'm just like, I'm in a smart sition where it's like not necessarily a situation where I want to accumulate a bunch of lawyer fees.
Speaker 2: You all, they paid the Lemon law. If the Lemon Law allows for you to collect attorney's face. So if she thinks it's a change.
Speaker 4: And that's the part where I think from her standpoint, which I can respect, she can't tell me I think this.
Speaker 10: Is a great case.
Speaker 9: Let's take it. You know.
Speaker 4: It's more of like I can't inner a situation.
Speaker 5: I gotta take this break.
Speaker 2: I can't. I'm sorry, you gotta hold on. I'm Tom Martine More coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help you think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 10: Yeah, rip.
Speaker 1: New need advice? Who you don't have? You come running just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 10: Come man, This is.
Speaker 3: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino.
Speaker 2: Hello, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talks seven to one three eight two five five. We got people on the phones need help all the time. You can always call us, and if you don't want to wait on hold, you can always call three oh three Martino three oh three, six two seven, eight four sixty six. Leave a message and we will get back to you now. Joan wants to talk about home repairs in a contract. We have John Fuller with us Fuller Law. He is our personal injury expert. Let me bring in the studio here and mister John Fuller a quick question here, let me go to it right here. Oh, somebody must have heard you saying, when it comes to in state lawsuits, you get to choose counties carefully, whereas with a federal case there's a bigger jury pool for the whole state. What do you mean by choosing counties? People said, what if they live in a certain county, or an accident happens in a certain county, can you actually bring a lawsuit somewhere else?
Speaker 6: It depends, Tom, So what we're talking about there is venue, and the venue may be appropriate in say three or four different counties, and it could even be appropriate in a county where you happen to find the defendant and get him served in that county.
Speaker 5: So you could theoretically have an Arapahoe.
Speaker 6: County plaintiff and a Boulder County defendant that happens to work in Denver, and you catch him in Denver and serve him there, and then Denver would be an appropriate venue. So Rule ninety eight of the Collegade Rules of Civil Procedure offer I think four different or five different scenarios about how you established proper venue for a case to be heard in Colorado and so many times.
Speaker 2: But you can't just you can't just dart board a map and pick a county.
Speaker 4: You have to know.
Speaker 6: But if you had four to choose from, you may very well decide that one offers a better a better demographic than another, or a better historical jury outcome for certain types of cases than others.
Speaker 2: So sure, sure, wow, okay, well you know what, that's wonderful because I never knew that you had those options, you know, and and and how and when you say one county might afford a better option?
Speaker 4: What what?
Speaker 2: What is there always one county better? Are there always counties you really like in counties you don't, or it doesn't depend on the case, is what I'm asking.
Speaker 5: I think it depends on the case. I think it depends on the case.
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean, look, Tom, you know, without going too crazy here, just look at the last you know, election cycle that we just had. Okay, we had we had counties where where you know, Democrats got eighty five percent of the vote, and we had counties where Republicans got a majority. Do you think that the jury pool in those two counties might be a little bit different.
Speaker 5: I would suggest that they would be.
Speaker 6: And so if you had a case and you were basing it on nothing other than that, you may you may prefer one county over the other. It's not a dartboard. I'm not saying you can just say, hey, I want Boulder County, you know, and and just go up there. But you may it just depending on who you're you're actually going after.
Speaker 5: In that particular lawsuit.
Speaker 6: So, you know, think about Tom, if you were suing say State Farm Insurance, right, State Farm operates in every single county in the state, and so you could technically, you know, bring that action against that insurance company in just about any county because they have contacts in that county and you could probably get them served, you know, in that county. So there's all sorts of different ways that you can. Yeah, you can kind of pick where you want to end up.
Speaker 2: Pretty cool. Yeah, Joan, you want to talk about home repairs. Let's go, Joan, what's happening.
Speaker 14: Yes, I had a fire damage. I had a fifth wheel park beside my home and it caught on fire. I was getting ready to move it to an RV park and my neighbor come and told me there was fire coming out of it. Anyway, it caught on fire Free one of twenty three, and I hired Green Gable Restoration.
Speaker 21: To come and take care of all the damage.
Speaker 2: And they came in on the trailer on the fifth wheel. They have restoration companies for recreational vehicles.
Speaker 4: No, the RV. The cameo was totaled.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the restoration company was for the side of your house. Okay, So what.
Speaker 21: Happened The smoke got into the eaves of the house of these yeah, uh huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what's the problem.
Speaker 21: Green Gables is not doing anything. They washed the walls.
Speaker 4: And I gave them, did them up front.
Speaker 14: No, I paid them when they were done washing the wall.
Speaker 2: Okay, but that's all you paid them for was the wall? Uh?
Speaker 9: Them?
Speaker 14: And then I paid the insulation company that had to come and pull all the insulation out of the attic. I paid them almost six thousand dollars after they were once Did you.
Speaker 2: Pay Green How much did you pay Green Gables to clean the walls?
Speaker 21: Thirty eight thousand and three ninety seven ten?
Speaker 2: Wait how do you wait? Wait?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no, how do you spend thirty eight thousand dollars to wash the walls? Did they replace anything?
Speaker 11: No, they just washed the walls.
Speaker 2: Did your insurance pay that?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: I paid it? Wait? Wait wait, wait wait? Do you have insurance?
Speaker 9: I have all State?
Speaker 2: Well did you put in an insurance claim?
Speaker 14: And all State did send me the money for those two jobs, the insulation and.
Speaker 9: The wall washing.
Speaker 2: Then why did you just tell me you paid it? Insurance did not pay it?
Speaker 21: Well, they sent me the check. I had to play Green Gables.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a that's a long way around there. Okay, got it. But you were reimbursing for it. Oh no, that's okay, you were reimbursed for it. That's what's important. So on the other thing that you you hired green Gable, then you hired the installation company. What did they do?
Speaker 14: They pour all the insulation out of the attic and quoted all the beams.
Speaker 21: And put it Who was in the attic?
Speaker 2: And who is that?
Speaker 21: I don't know the name of that company right off the bat.
Speaker 2: Dark Gables. Did Green Gables arrange that? Or did you do that?
Speaker 21: Yes, green Gables arranged that?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay? And how much did that cost you?
Speaker 14: Five thousand, seven hundred and thirty two dollars and eighty six cents.
Speaker 2: Okay, so set basically five thousand and seven hundred okay. So what are you complaining about?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 14: Well, because nothing has been done since that.
Speaker 21: They paid twenty nine thousand.
Speaker 2: Well what else?
Speaker 4: What else is supposed?
Speaker 2: What else is supposed to be done?
Speaker 21: They're supposed to stand. They tore off all my floors, my hardwood floors.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 14: Green Gables says that they would fix that. They tore up all my walls, getting all my furniture out of the house. They said they would fix that. So they're supposed to come in and they're supposed to paint my house inside my house, to coat this after they washed it, to coat the walls. They haven't done that.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's there's what I want to know. What the wall, Here's what I want to know. But you have not paid. Here's what's good. I think you have not paid for stuff that has not been done. You have not paid in advance. You've just been paying as they fix things. Right right, that's good, Joan, that's good. So you can just fire them. You can just say you're not fixing anything. We're done. Since they're all paid up to what they did, you don't have to keep going. Why are you good? Why are you sticking with them?
Speaker 14: Just because they all keep coming to my house? Say they're going to fix this or fix that. They're going to get outside.
Speaker 4: Of my mind? Who?
Speaker 9: What do you mean?
Speaker 11: Hold on?
Speaker 2: Hold on, Joe, Joe, Joe? What do you mean, Joan? What do you mean? They all come to your house?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 21: Rachel the owner I.
Speaker 4: O?
Speaker 2: Green Gables? Green Gables keep sending people to you who promise to finish. Right, Okay, here's what I write. Here's what I recommend. Now that you know they're clowns. Uh you like? By the way, what they did so far. Let's put it that way. I did so yeah, okay, do you want to stick with him because we can call them and say, what the hell are you doing? Or do we just get you hooked up with another company? I mean, what do you want to do?
Speaker 14: Well, you know the people that were working with green Gables, Nathan I liked him. Now I called this William and he isn't in with green Gables at All State anymore.
Speaker 21: He moved on to another company. But one of the big problems is that.
Speaker 14: Not green Gables, but All State said I owe them a check for twenty three thousand six.
Speaker 2: Nightweight said, hold on, hold on, Joan, just hang on. Each time you say something, you bring up more questions. All States said, All States said, All States said, you owe who twenty three thousand?
Speaker 9: All States?
Speaker 2: You owe your insurance company? Oh why would you owe I don't get it. Your insurance company paid you thirty eight thousand plus fifty seven hundred. Did they pay you those two checks?
Speaker 4: No, they paid me.
Speaker 14: Twenty three thousand and six ninety seven twenty four twice. They paid me another check.
Speaker 2: Okay, dear, they paid you, they overpaid you, They paid you in this one way way, you said they paid you twenty something twice. That's forty seven too, and then another what was the third check? How much was the third check?
Speaker 14: I think the in turn the third check for twenty one three twenty seven. Well, I didn't get the twenty three six ninety seven.
Speaker 21: It came to twenty us.
Speaker 9: I got to back up.
Speaker 2: Joan, Joan, joan, don't bother. Don't bother, joan, joone, don't bother, please, you're really mired in details. Here's what we have to know, okay, just roughly, if your insurance company roughly gave you three checks for twenty thousand dollars each, we know at least twenty thousand, right, three of them right, just roughly, Joan, Okay, that's sixty thousand dollars right.
Speaker 14: But the one check was for to pay my cameo off. Okay, listen, that's what they offered me to buy my cameo, because they totaled it in total.
Speaker 21: That had nothing to do with the twenty one okay.
Speaker 2: One shout. One check was to pay the fifth wheel off. Is that right.
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: And then the other two checks were for damages to your home.
Speaker 4: Is that right correct?
Speaker 2: So I don't know why. These are not difficult questions, these are real basic questions. So my question to you is in their demand for payment from you, they are apparently saying they overpaid you, right, But.
Speaker 14: I overpaid them because they made me send them another check for twenty three six four. They said I didn't send them that money, I would end up in prison.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, joan, joan, because you need joan, do me a favor, Joan, do me a favor. From now on, I just want simple one answers I want or one sentence. Okay, I don't want. I don't want any kind of twenty three six seven, seven point twenty three cents. All I want to know is rough numbers. In rough numbers, here's what happens. Insurance pays you for damages, You pay contractors, or they pay contractors whatever, so you get a total amount from the insurance company. If the insurance company pays you too much money, they want it back. So we have to do a simple ledger. How much did they pay you and how much did you pay out, and then we find out how much is left over that goes back to your insurance company. They can demand it back a lot of people think they get to keep it. They don't get to keep it, but you still have repairs to go. Now, your insurance company apparently thinks they paid for everything and overpaid you, and they demand did another twenty three thousand. That's a yes or no?
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yes or no?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: And you paid them that twenty three thousand yes or no? Yes? Are they still demanding more money at this point?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, So you're calling me because you believe all State took too much money back from you. Correct, Okay, hang on, I just wanted to get that straight. So you're saying they're being unfair to you. There's an easy way. There's an easy way to sift through this. It's called math. Hold on three oh three seven one, three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. All right, now here's here's I understand uh, her concern for sure. I understand her concern for sure. She's wondering did she get did she get treated properly by her insurance? So, Joan, thank you for answering my questions with short answers here for for the minute. So so right now, though, does your insurance company? I think you're even. They're not looking for anything else, right, they think you're all even?
Speaker 14: Right, No, they didn't understand why they asked for another twenty three thousand and six ninety seven.
Speaker 21: Mister Williams.
Speaker 14: He said he couldn't figure it out. But they sent me a check for seventy five thousand Trio eight eighty three.
Speaker 9: When was that plation?
Speaker 1: Cause?
Speaker 2: Wait, when was that?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 11: I don't have a date on this.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, Joan, hold off, please, Joan John wait wait wait Joan please wait wait wait wait. You never mentioned in all of our conversations anything about seventy five thousand. You said they sent you roughly three checks of twenty thousand each. What I need to know that's seventy five thousand you're talking about. Is that in addition to those other three checks.
Speaker 21: I didn't get, well, I didn't get the three checks.
Speaker 2: What say? My god, my god? I spent an entire segment where you set joan hold on. Let me try to make this simple.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: If you added up forget about what you paid the contractors, forget about everything, and forget about what you paid back. If you added up every single penny you got from all state, what would it add up to. I don't care how many checks. I don't care if it was one or five. I don't care. If you added up all of the money you got from your insurance, what would it add up to?
Speaker 21: Seventy five thousand, three eighty three.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's everything, right, That's every penny that you got from your insurance, right.
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay, now of that now, I just want to talk in raw numbers. This will not be confusing. Of that seventy five thousand, three hundred bucks, roughly, how much have you paid out to contractors?
Speaker 5: Well, take the RV out of there, two toms.
Speaker 2: That included your RV. Right, the seventy five, forty ninety six, okay, forty four thousand you paid out and that includes paying off your RV.
Speaker 21: No, RV was thirty one thousand and one seventy.
Speaker 5: Eight at least forty four thousand dollars.
Speaker 11: Thousand, okay, right?
Speaker 2: That seventy five thousand included the RV. Right, Yes, it did, okay, and thirty sounds to me what I'm adding up. It sounds to me that's exactly what you should have been paid for your RV and the repairs that have been done thus far.
Speaker 5: So the only question is.
Speaker 6: Why they asked for a refound of sor that's what I want to know, because don't trust what she just said, and that's what I want to know.
Speaker 2: So here's what I'm asking, Joan. It's a very simple question. That seventy five thousand, three hundred was paid to you, You paid off your RV, you paid roughly thirty eight to Green Gables plus insulation another fifty seven hundred. That all adds up roughly to your seventy five thousand, right right now? Are they asking for twenty three thousand from the seventy five thousand?
Speaker 19: Correct?
Speaker 21: Why nobody knows, they don't they.
Speaker 2: But you said to me, you said to me before, and I listen, you said to me before, and I have the recording, and hopefully my audience has not committed suicide yet. But I I wanted to ask you. You said to me, you said to me that you already sent them back twenty three thousand? Did you? I did? Okay? Then, by my math, all State is screwing you.
Speaker 14: Correct.
Speaker 2: Hold on, Joan, they underpaid you, They underpaid you. Do you have a letter saying why they wanted the twenty three thousand back?
Speaker 21: Well, I'm not a letter.
Speaker 2: No, No, do you have an email?
Speaker 4: Get a letter?
Speaker 8: How did you send it back to him? Did you just write a check out to State Farm and mail it off.
Speaker 5: All State?
Speaker 2: Correct? All State? Hey, Joan, did you get an email from them? What did you get demanding the twenty three thousand?
Speaker 8: Hold on, No, we need to get we need not all she needs someone to get into it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: No, No, I need I need to take a break. I mean, I think I think I got to take a break. I'm not sure. I'm so confused now I'm not sure what to do. I have some ideas of what I'd like to do. But yeah, I mean, anybody have any ideas? I think that Mann, I think we need to Uh, I'll be back.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing, Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 2: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Rob's got a comment on this issue we're going through, which is kind of giving me some headaches. Go, but I know why Joan's upset by all math. They are underpaying her on the claim for some reason they are. But Rob, what is your comment?
Speaker 9: Well, Tom, I think honestly she got scammed. The scammers know when payouts go out, they know they'd see the traffic.
Speaker 10: I think the thing.
Speaker 2: I have a feeling, she said, someone is no longer with all Stead anymore. And I was going to get to that if I had enough, if I had another three hours.
Speaker 9: Find out where she sent Where did she send the money to?
Speaker 2: Joan? And Mark was asking that too. You're right, Rob Mark was asking that, thank you, Hey, Joan. Is it possible that you sent that money back but not to All State?
Speaker 21: No, I send it back to all State.
Speaker 2: How do you know that for sure? How do you know that for sure?
Speaker 21: I just wrote the check, maybe not even a month ago. I just wrote the check.
Speaker 2: How did you send the check?
Speaker 21: I just wrote them a personal check and sent How.
Speaker 2: Did you send it by carrier pigeon? Or why? May?
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 2: Did you put it in the mail? How did you send the check us? Okay? Okay? And the address was did they give you the address to send it to?
Speaker 4: Yes? They did?
Speaker 5: The check cleared?
Speaker 21: Yeah, yes, the check cleared. And nobody knows why the check was set back set to them.
Speaker 2: This state farms say the same thing. They don't know why.
Speaker 14: William Harrison is said his big boss.
Speaker 9: Is on his back.
Speaker 13: For that check.
Speaker 2: Here's here's what I need to know, Joan, is State Farm wondering why you sent it back.
Speaker 8: All State does know that you sent the check back. If you call them, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: We just can't get it.
Speaker 3: They know I sent the money cap Okay, okay.
Speaker 10: They know?
Speaker 2: Do they want Do they think it was a mistake. Do they acknowledge that you need to get that money back?
Speaker 21: They just said they were going to check into it.
Speaker 2: They didn't know, Okay, Joan, hold On, I'm going to give this to hold On. This is this is clearly not hold On. This is clearly not working. She's on another planet because it takes about six thousand seconds for her to respond. So here's what I want. I want to give this to deputy to talk to her off the air. That's what I want to.
Speaker 7: Just let me ask her one question. When you wrote the check, did you write it to that person that you have mentioned now or did you actually write it to like All State?
Speaker 21: I wrote it to All States.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, thank you now, Joan, We really all kidding aside. Even though this is a complicated story, we do understand what you're saying, and we want to make sure that you get paid for the damages. Okay, And I should not even get into this right now, but I gotta ask you. It's a very simple question. You mentioned there were still repairs to do, right, Oh my god? Okay, Joan, Are there still more repairs to do?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay? What is State Farm doing about those?
Speaker 21: They haven't touched a rust of the house.
Speaker 2: I know, but Joan, Joan, Yes. Was that seventy five thousand supposed to be for the r V and all of your repairs? Or were they gonna pay more?
Speaker 4: I guess that we're gonna pay more.
Speaker 2: What is your deductible.
Speaker 21: A thousand?
Speaker 9: I think?
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna have Deputy d take this, put Joan on hold, and then everyone else put the guns down, put the rope away. Please, you don't have to. I'm gonna stop right now. I'm gonna I'm putting you out of your misery without doing it.
Speaker 7: And tell Dmitri to reach out to Matt too, Yes, Matt or Matt Stanford our She doesn't even need to hire Matt, but Matt can at least look at our what should be covered, and look at the registry of what's been paid, what's been sent back. I mean something is very odd.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Mark, that's the only way to handle it.
Speaker 2: You're right, Yeah, but I want to meet you at least to get the lowdown on this.
Speaker 7: I'll get the summary from her today and then I wonder if did she say if she was single, because I know Deputy Doc's sale as well house visit.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, that would be something, wouldn't it anyway? Joan hold on, Uh, we are going to get that information. And Rob's the one I already took right the comment. Okay, so we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show right after this. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Wow, that's all I can say. Wow. I just hope no one drove off the road on any of our calls. But here's the deal man, Well, let me take Steve.
Speaker 7: I think I think she actually, I think there's a hell of a good chance she got snookered by somebody and sent twenty three thousand.
Speaker 9: I know it.
Speaker 2: I think somebody working there, because she kept saying this one man isn't with all State anymore. You remember she said that.
Speaker 8: Not only that, she said they threatened to throw her in jail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is weird. Yes, you know what, somebody I'll bet you somebody stole that money from her, yep, yep, And I'll bet you it with someone who worked there, because she said, oh he and the man's no longer. The man's no longer with all State.
Speaker 8: He probably never was.
Speaker 2: With All State. Dmitri, keep an eye out for that. That could really be. That could be some fraud there. Okay, Steve, go ahead, Steve, what's happening?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Real quick?
Speaker 7: D Dmitri, get a copy of the canceled check and then reference it to an All State account if you can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, go ahead. What's going on, sir? What's going on? Steve?
Speaker 13: Hey? I just want to give a plug to a Rock with the All American Restoration. Make a long story short. Our home burned down fifteen months ago, hired a contractor, took about four hundred thousand from us, blah blah blah, and walked off the job. Anyway, Rock has come and inspected the job and he is willing to help us get.
Speaker 10: Through this mess and rebuild our home.
Speaker 13: And I just want to give a plug to Rock at American Resta for stepping in and helping my wife and I put her home back together.
Speaker 2: You know what that I'm so sorry that happened to you, but I'm glad he's able to help you. May I ask how did the fire occur?
Speaker 13: You know, I had a little charging station in my garage that I kept on MIC the wall ridgidh H batteries charging, and the lithium mion batteries exploded in the garage and it was an.
Speaker 2: In front Hold on, are you telling you see? I've heard more than once this happening.
Speaker 10: Wow, it was it was.
Speaker 13: An absolute infernal I mean those batteries exploded and by the time we realized the home was on fire, it was too late. So I mean, I just want to say thanks to Rock. Okay, the man has stepped in and he's going to help us.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you by the way for letting us know that we certainly appreciate you. Thank you, ast and I'm sorry it happened. John Fuller Fuller Law wants something real quick. Somebody wants to know in criminal law, people do judge shopping? Is that done? In civil and personal injury?
Speaker 5: Is what done tom shake?
Speaker 2: Judge shopping? Whatever that means?
Speaker 6: Well, No, it's not really as much of a thing in criminal because you don't really get to choose the jurisdiction unless you choose where you want to go commit the crime. But you know, there's several judges on the criminal docket and you randomly get a signed to which I'm going to be in.
Speaker 2: So anyway, John Fuller, thank you. Call Fuller dot com is the website Call Fuller dot com three oh three five nine seven forty five hundred. All right, people, you heard a crazy show. You'll hear even more crazy show tomorrow. Save all your problems for me. Ye