Speaker 1: The weird things happened in the weird weird, weird.
Speaker 2: Greety rating.
Speaker 3: Everybody ate, how was that? I was going for that kind of like Victorian chant kind of thing, That's what it was doing, you know, or like Gregorian vibes.
Speaker 2: That. Wow, that was hard to breathe through my nose when I did.
Speaker 3: That, probably because there's no holes on it.
Speaker 2: I have a cold and it's that thing.
Speaker 3: Is really difficult.
Speaker 4: I couldn't wear it for a full green voice.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? Right?
Speaker 3: Sorry? What are you talking about? His big red nose? It's natural?
Speaker 5: Oh, come on, dude, it's been like this for like two days. Okay, I've just been rubbing my nose a lot of cold. Yeah, I don't a little insecure about it. Well you could barely tell mister slim shady over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you want to talk about that? Put yourself on.
Speaker 4: I'm on here.
Speaker 2: Hey, how does that? How's it? How does it is that hard to breathe with that at all? That hair not at all?
Speaker 3: Everything's natural with me, nothing.
Speaker 4: Just going through my mk ltra memory eraser face.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I couldn't figure out if it was like Britney Spears or if it was like I'm going for like a David Beckham or like a like a Brad Pitt kind of thing. Yeah, your your ice cream helped me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like it thanks to the being back there. Like you know what they say, bro, when they when they start shaving their heads and going blonde, it's over what they say. They say, it's over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who says that?
Speaker 3: Well, just like the celebrities when they start shaving their hair.
Speaker 4: Dude, I'm telling you like that.
Speaker 2: Mk Ultra.
Speaker 4: It's the mk Ultra memory Eraser program. Every time they go to the medical center, the mk Ultra subjects, and they come out with bleached hair. Yeah, and it's shaved yeah most of the time. Yeah, so it's real.
Speaker 2: What was the real motivation? I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's like my hair grows so fast, man, it'd be like two weeks and then I can shave it off and it's like it never happened. So it's like, I don't know, I've never done anything like it before.
Speaker 2: Full disclosure, Full disclosure. Yeah, that's a show. Yeah it is. It is out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm dying to know what you were gonna say.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: I think it looks great.
Speaker 2: I like it I think. In fact, I couldn't do it. I don't have enough hair. It would look weird. But like a few days ago, I was like, man, I wish like I could do that, that would actually look cool. Nathan does that with his hair. Uh, Like, I think it's a cool look. I like it.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 4: I talked to Ryan briefly about it.
Speaker 3: You look like justin Timberlake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's I think the Y two.
Speaker 2: Can it looks like justin timber Ocean Yeah?
Speaker 3: Nice? Yeah? Or you look like you look like Insynct nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah. In the scene.
Speaker 4: I think I'm gonna try to actually grow it out and do it like a proper frosted tip situation.
Speaker 3: Dude, Yeah, you should do frosted tip curls and get them permed. I don't think that's it. I know that's his natural hair, but like, get it permed like his hair. Yeah, dude, you get frosted curled tips.
Speaker 2: Yes, that'd be great.
Speaker 3: Just curl the tip, yeah, just the tip, Just run your fingers right through them.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm honestly here for the Alex hair regrowth era. I've been here for a minute.
Speaker 3: Eve Ben buzzed too long.
Speaker 2: You've been buzzed way too long. But let those locks breathe and let them fly.
Speaker 3: I want to say it was summer of last year you started buzzing that.
Speaker 2: I'm envisioning a future. I see it where Alex has long, lush his hair again, full beard man bun.
Speaker 4: Oh, so the beard, I'm envisioning it. I'm not going to do that. Why that's just not on my plan. The beard was out, the beard was looking good, but.
Speaker 2: It was it was it.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I'm talking about my latest.
Speaker 4: You didn't see it because we spent a week apart. The same day that I got the hair done, she was like, you gotta shave that. So I gave in to peer pressure, to wife pressure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess, I guess. If you kept the beard, you look like Homeboy from the first Tobey Maguire spider Man that shot his uncle. Yeah right, it's a weird look.
Speaker 4: It's a very contrasting look.
Speaker 3: Now you got to bleach the beard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: I thought he did.
Speaker 2: He was fresh faced, he had he was fresh spikey bleach blonde hair.
Speaker 3: Oh like Lance Bass, Yes, from Insane.
Speaker 2: But he did not have facial hair lanced from InSync he's he's insane. He's not giving. Justin Timber he's giving.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Lance Bass. That's why I said you're in sync? He does. And you know what, I'm here when when you got the black hair, you're given Joey Fatone from what? Was he in sync? No? Or was he back?
Speaker 2: It's killing me? Uh killing me?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: In that.
Speaker 3: I actually met Joey Fatona. He was really cool. Man.
Speaker 2: Let's see, he was really cool Joey fat One. He was actually like.
Speaker 3: Extremely chilling in sync. In sync?
Speaker 2: There it is, you are literally in sync.
Speaker 3: You're a boy star.
Speaker 2: You're Alex boy wonder You're Alex.
Speaker 3: You're a boy band star man. Yeah, you look like it with the little camo shorts, he's barefoot.
Speaker 2: And the cool epic shirt like you you look like a one man boy band.
Speaker 3: Dude. I think next time we have a like a booth at a conference, we get Alex in this exact look, frost tipped hair, get him curl keep the shirt, came up past barefoot and we have a high rise chair where people run through the line and pay a nickel and they massage your.
Speaker 2: Feet yeah yeah, yeah, or they pay a nickel to like walk by and smell your.
Speaker 4: Feet incredibly specific. So that's cool. I'm also just stoked for how cool I'm gonna look, uh walking through the airport with a surfboard bag. I think it's just like the combination of the hair and the surfboard bag. I'm gonna look like some professional surfer.
Speaker 3: Dude, you need a walkman playing the gothic surfer.
Speaker 4: I was actually the next thing on my list I think is some real like Y two K Oakley's, like the ones that just look fast.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're bringing at the two thousands.
Speaker 4: Wow, you need all I'm telling you, they're coming back. I just I was just shopping for board shorts. I'm getting ready to go on a surf trip and I was just shopping for board shorts. I'm going to Waco, Texas.
Speaker 2: What the hell?
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, So you know how like en seam of shorts has just been on the rise.
Speaker 3: Like shorter and shorter and shorter. Right within my wife keeps making me weard short short.
Speaker 4: The young man community, right, they're going back the other way. I'm telling you the Y two K stuff is making a comeback. Because I'm on the surfboard or surf shorts websites and everybody is selling twenty and twenty one inch and seems like the bat got surf paints.
Speaker 2: No, I was at Damn Zoomi's like a week or two ago, buying new clothes. I swear to god, I almost bought shorts that we're down to here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why we're going with the icp.
Speaker 2: Yes and hot, dude, they look hot. I almost bottom.
Speaker 4: I think I am going to buy a twenty one inch seem board short just to look like the old.
Speaker 2: I have an idea to watch.
Speaker 3: I have an idea. Okay, now just hear me out. You might want to put that back on for this because it has to do with clowns. Okay, so this is something that none of us are really experienced with, but it might be a nice middle ground where we could all meet and finally agree on something in unity. Okay, I think we should all be Juggalos.
Speaker 2: You do, yeah, really.
Speaker 3: And we paint our face the whole faygo everything.
Speaker 2: And we go to a concert.
Speaker 3: Well, no, we just like do the show. But henceforth we're Juggals because you got the jeords, the long pants hit the fourth Yeah, I get the hot topic pants.
Speaker 2: So we just become like a ICP podcast. Yeah, that's crazy. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 2: And I'm sorry, I'm out. Oh yeah, I'm You're already halfway there.
Speaker 4: To look at you, I know you're a clown. I'm just going a different direction. I think with my life.
Speaker 3: You're going the all right, you're going the Matrix vibes. Yeah, that's what I need to say, matrix word. But it's a certain design, certain vibe that was popular. I don't want to say it is canceled, certain apparel that people wore. Have to f you know what I'm saying. Oh, I get it, I get it. That looked like the Matrix sick a certain group of individuals. Anyway, So what are we talking about today? Yeah, I'm afraid that people tuning into this episode are really looking for some deep material about Rudolph Steiner. Whoa, So maybe we should shift in that.
Speaker 2: Guys, just to make it clear, that's why I was wearing the nose yeah Rudolph.
Speaker 4: Uh all right, So once again explaining the costume, why not can't escape?
Speaker 3: I mean, if you don't, they might not ever get it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And besides, we just spent nine minutes explaining yours your clown idiot, and you're a clown and you won't even be a Juggalo man.
Speaker 2: And you are a clown.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry I said something I didn't realize.
Speaker 3: It was just getting backfire double as hard, go back home the clown world.
Speaker 2: I just had to make you laugh.
Speaker 3: So getting getting to the Steiner thing, it's a little hard, Like Steiner's kind of a difficult subject because the thing about Steiner is this one man similar to you know, Helena Bolovotsky. But theosophy kind of became more of a popular thing as far as like a school goes. Rudolf Steiner is one of those things where it's like, you know, people are into Nietzsche or you know, Emmanuel can't he's he's kind of like a philosopher.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, it's like following a philosopher instead of like a philosophic practice. It's like you're literally following one dude.
Speaker 3: Right, And Rudolf Steiner does have a practice. It's called anthroposophy, and it is like pretty similar to theosophy with some really cool distinctions. So I'm gonna just try to get into all of that stuff. I'm in no way an expert on Rudolf Steiner. I did actually read a couple of his books today. Some of them are more like an essay format and they're pretty short, and then some of them are like seven hour reads talking about audiobooks. Some of them are like twenty minutes, some of them are like an hour. There's a huge variation in his books, but I think I got through about three of them today, which is probably too many for one day, you know, you know, but no, because it's like hard to remember all of it when you're blowing through them.
Speaker 2: Sure, but yeah.
Speaker 3: So the thing about Steiner is he was actually a Theosphist and he was a Rosicrucian. I'm pretty sure. Let me let me, let me just double check that, because he has entire books about Rosicrucianism, one of which I read and it was extremely interesting.
Speaker 2: What period of time was this man alive?
Speaker 3: Late eighteen hundred's to like.
Speaker 2: What I'm thinking. I was thinking nineteen.
Speaker 3: Nineteen twenty five was when he passed. So he was born in eighteen sixty one to nineteen. Wow, he really didn't live that.
Speaker 2: Long sixty to twenty I.
Speaker 3: Mean, lived like sixty four years or something.
Speaker 2: Well back, damn bro, that's you.
Speaker 3: Born in eighteen hundred. I want to.
Speaker 4: Verify seventy six. Oh, okay, expectancy currently.
Speaker 3: Right, He was actually not, he was not initiated rosicrusion, so similar to it. Yeah, he was very into it, kind of like Manley P. Hall or Helena Blovotsky. So Rudolph Steiner, he was born in nineteen sixty one. He was Croatian. He was so at a very young age he had this kind of an innate gift to you could call it meditation whatever. He was just really entranced with his inner world. He believed inherently as a child that there was something different about like his inside world in reality versus the external world. So that's that's kind of the crux of his whole practice is like advancing meditation. And the title of his greatest work, let me get it. Because he has tons of books. It's like it's like how to know higher worlds.
Speaker 2: Rudolph Steiner fascinating thinking about a little little Croatian boy who is just like so convinced that his internal world is different from the outside world, pondering such like difficult complex concepts that a little you know, it's a child. Yeah, yeah, actually it was special. You know, like you're you're doing something if you're doing that at such a young age, right, reflecting in such a way the self awareness is wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, it's it's profound. And also the name of the book was precisely how to know Higher Worlds? And then he has another one knowledge of the higher worlds and its attainment. So I'm just gonna kind of talk loosely here for a moment. So, like I said, Rudolph Steiner was a part of theosophy and he was really into it. And there's kind of a controversy in the sense that some people agree one way, some people agree the other way. Rudolf Steiner claimed that he was removed from theosophy. Oh wow, that he was like kind of shunned, shunned, not in like a violent way, but like your beliefs do not one hundred percent match with ours. He claims that he was like removed. Other people claim he just left. So I don't know. I'd probably take his word for it, you know what I mean. True, But yeah, so.
Speaker 2: He's curious what drew you to Rudolf Steiner.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I wanted to get into that, So thank you for asking.
Speaker 2: You're welcome your big brothers.
Speaker 3: But the red nose it's pretty big.
Speaker 2: I have a cold.
Speaker 3: Oh really, it looks better to me.
Speaker 2: I took Madison two seconds ago.
Speaker 3: Oh true. Yeah, that polar.
Speaker 2: Guys, we are so excited to tell you about our first brand deal with Stigma Hemp. We are so pumped to be working with them. These people are amazing. We've been working with them for a couple of months now. They have an amazing product. It's a family owned business and we really really believe in the product. Ryan tell them about some of the products a Stigma gap.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So they got these delicious THHC T's Seltza waters gummies. I would personally say they're the best gummies I've ever tasted. I would do my humble opinion, and that Miller Graham is just that perfect dose to have a good night without all the you know, the the freaky thoughtsies usually bring. No But seriously, it's a great product. Josh is a great guy, the founder of Stigma Hemp, and I just I really am excited to partner with them, especially knowing that he is personally very interested in UFOs and the Ufo Space and Yeah, I mean I just couldn't be more excited about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guys, they have CBD, they have THCHC, they have capsules, they have gummies, they have drinks. They have these awesome CBD and THHC drinks that are zero sugar, zero calories, zero alcohol. It's just pure either CBD or THHC, and it's all in like relatively low doses, so it's manageable. It's a really really good product. We've tested it ourselves many times. It's fantastic. They even have like sleepy time stuff that has melatonin. We really truly, actually love this product. It's amazing. So what we got a little special offer for our listeners.
Speaker 3: Yes we do it. Go to Stigma hemp dot com and use code BSS at checkout and you'll get a nice little thirty percent bump off your price there and uh, you know, get you some tens of gummies and just have a good time with them.
Speaker 2: Stigma Hemp dot com code BSS.
Speaker 3: Get that anyway. So in twenty let me get the date. So twenty eighteen, Okay, So twenty eighteen I met doctor Robert Gilbert, Rest in peace. He just passed away. Like two or three months ago.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, he did.
Speaker 3: It was it was sudden. He was not even like it wasn't expected, He's it wasn't like you know, older or anything like that. It just kind of was like a sudden shocking thing.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: And and it sent ripples throughout the esoteric community. I mean I started seeing it all over social media, and you know, I was pretty crushed by that because I like my life was changed by meeting him. And he was one of those people where I, I mean for years, I and saying how I wanted him on the show, and he was like very influential to me. So Doctor Gilbert was a Rosicrucian and he had the Vesica Institute in Nashville, North Carolina, and he was very into Rudolph Steiner and a lot.
Speaker 2: He kind of put you on a little bit. Yes, yeah, yes.
Speaker 3: A decade ago, we were finding out about Steiner from some friends of ours in the book, this guy named Larry Larry Fieschela, who had introduced us to some of these individuals in the CIA, like Jim Simmy Van and John Alexander, one of the Projects Target guys. But they would talk about Rudolf Steiner and theosophy and these kinds of esoteric movements, and you know, by by having conversations with Larry about this stuff, this Rudolf Steiner stuff, I was like, this is pretty interesting and looking into it. And a part of the Steiner system was about like beings, like the only real thing in the universe is being a being?
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the concept of being and that there are other beings, angelic beings or deities or whatever. So he would be talking to me about Rudolph Steiner and Rosicrucianism all these years ago, and I didn't really get it. I was like, this is cool, but I don't really get it. And as years went on, obviously I got more into it on a personal level and started researching it. So Steiner has been on my radar for like a decade. Then in twenty eighteen, I actually personally went and met doctor Gilbert and you know, was for a very brief time taking lessons with the Vesica Institute. Then life got busy. I moved to Wilmington, I got this new job, and it was like my life went in a completely different way. And sometimes you don't know what's right in front of you, and I kind of pushed it aside and moved on. Same with Monroe for like a decade. I didn't do anything with it. But yeah, so that was my introduction to Steiner, and it's something that I have been personally interested in for years. And there's been several episodes of the show where I've talked about it, just not at length.
Speaker 2: Sure you know what I mean as the focus, Yeah, yeah, but in past yeah, absolutely right.
Speaker 3: And if you read Rosicrucion manuals like a m R. C uh, you know, if you go check their website out and you you go through, like if you rouse through their website and you start clicking all these different links, some text will pop up. And the thing that's cool about Rosicrucianism is and really all esoteric schools, is they're not necessarily rigid in the sense that, at least with the Rosicrusions, right, they're not necessarily rigid in the sense that as times evolve, new disciplines develop that they blend into their system. Right. Yeah, so even though you know, so even though at least in you know, exoterk religious exactly right, but at least with Rosicrucianism, as you know, being in ancient order. Something that they have blended into their system is like the teachings of Rudolf Steiner, the teachings of Blovotsky, you know, just modern things. Yeah, that that check out.
Speaker 2: It makes sense.
Speaker 3: There's new developments and it stands the reason right because you know, people think about the Bible. Oh, the Bible contains all the truth. Really it was written two thousand.
Speaker 2: Years thousands of years ago.
Speaker 3: What about the freckle on my left arm, Yeah, that's not in there exactly.
Speaker 2: That says a lot to me that, like they're willing to update things with the times, right, that seems only logical. Yeah, and yeah, I mean I'm I'm I would be more apt to sort of trust in some of the things that I'm seeing or reading if I know, like these people aren't so rigid or this this practice isn't so rigid that it's just like never going to change with the times, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the thing, like with religions, it's like no, no, no, this doesn't change. And sure they'll change a degree of the moral aspect of it. You know, like a Baptist might say, yeah, you can snow snort cocaine the night before church and you can just like you know, ball out with forty hookers. As long as you show up on Sunday service and say the prayer, then you're fine. You know. Those kinds of things do change, sure, you know what I mean. And that's a moral thing. But like the structure is rigid and it doesn't change exact the you know, it doesn't. It doesn't necessarily evolve with the times. But when we're talking about the esoteric, we're talking about like I think the quote from Colena Blovotsky herself was like the highest I think it was like the highest religion is truth, you know what I mean? There is a truth is there is a primordial truth that stands the test of time, can be tested by the way and observed to be true through the scientific process. Through testing this. Okay, well we're talking about spiritual things. How do you test that with the scientific process? Well, what is the scientific process? It doesn't use or mean using machines and tools necessarily, but it means creating specific conditions that can be observed, measured and repeated, Yes, and repeated. And there are certain things that have been repeated, like going out of body, you know, perceiving higher worlds and and things yes, yes, and things like that. So it is scientifically testable, right, and that's the whole Steiner system. It's about advancing like a rigid It's like, okay, if if if theosophy is about basically, you know, they're getting into trances and performing acts of medium ship to talk to spirits to receive knowledge, because that's the whole claim, right, anthroposophy, which is Steiner's thing, right, the offshoot of theosophy anthroposophy is now we're not really doing medium ship and getting into trances and talking to spirits. What we're doing is we are going to perceive higher worlds with our own faculties. So it's this protocol of like moral development and meditation, opening and expanding your consciousness so that you yourself can perceive the spiritual dimensions. Which sounds like what the monrostitute.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, that's yeah, yeah, it's it's all inner, it's all yourself doing it. It's not like connecting with some other spirit from there. I mean, they do some stuff like that, but it's ultimately it's like you are the power and you're pulling that power from within.
Speaker 3: Exactly. You are the God dwells within you. You are the God within that. You know, you are the Christ, you are the Buddha whatever. Yeah, whereas other things say that too, but then they're like, you know, we're we're going to go into a trance and some other ascended master is going to come through speak to us. May work, it may very well perfectly be real, but that there's a distinction between these schools, right.
Speaker 2: It's like yep Man and Bruce Lee.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is literally it's like legit and it's cool and I love that, but like let me take yeah way yeah, and then they were like you do that over there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh that's right, same thing, yeah, kind of wow. And and there's another distinction. So like Blavatsky's idea of God is like, you know, it's very impersonal. It's this kind of ominous force that doesn't give a shit about you. I completely disagree. In fact, I think that's wrong. Maybe that's how she sees it because she was traumatized by Christianity and Russia in eighteen hundred, so I could understand why she would say that. But then the Steiner idea of God is more along the lines of like, no, like it's it's the way. You know, a lot of us A terror schools talk about it like you are the God within God is within you, and you are a part of that being. And and it is not very impersonal. In fact, it is pretty personal. Yeah, it's very personal. It's intimately aware of everything that you're doing at all times, and it's your whole plan and purpose is unfolding because of that grand plan that your higher self has been unfolding over many lifetimes. Yeah, you see what I'm saying where theosophy is like there is a divine force, but it's impersonal. It doesn't give a shit abou it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't care about it. Kind of nihilistic interact nihilistic, Yeah, sort of it is. You know, it's very indifferent. It's very cold. Yeah, you know, yeah, it's very like it's out there, but you know, it's not looking out for you, it's not paying attention to you. It has nothing to do with you.
Speaker 3: Almost And and I fundamentally disagree for what it's worth. I think there's a lot of great stuff out of theosophy, but that's that's the beauty of all this is, Like you you take what's what resonates and what doesn't because at the end of the day, it's like, go find out for yourself. Oh you think this is bullshit? Okay, well you don't really have a right to say that until you actually adopt the meditation protocol, try it for yourself and try to perceive higher worlds. Otherwise you don't really have a right. That's my philosophy.
Speaker 2: Now, it's that's the beauty of stepping outside of exoteric spirituality. It's like being able to piecemeal what works for you together, yeah, and not having to follow these rigid like you can't do that.
Speaker 3: The truth, in my opinion, the truth is like a cloud and you see a cloud and it is Maybe that's that's not a fair that's not necessarily a fair analogy, because you could say, well, a cloud can blow away with the wind. It's no sturdy. The truth is sturty, it is, But just follow me. The It is a thing. It is this formed thing. It's kind of etheric. You can't really touch it. It's the wind, but it's also like condensed moisture. It's like this thing that the changes shape and form, and it's growing and its form is constantly changing over time. The truth is the truth. You know it's primordial, but also like the or maybe I should say religion, right, or spirituality, the way we access the truth, not the truth itself, but the way we access it is different. It's changing form, it is changing shape. And I think as time goes on and our understanding of reality evolves, and like our interaction with reality itself. Now we have technology. Now, my five year old nephew is, you know, playing games on his phone, and the other day he's showing me how to play the Last of Us and kill zombies. He's freaking five.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, when I was five, I had Donkey Kong on a two D system with on the car with four buttons. Yeah, you know what I mean. And now my five year old nephew is like, hees virtual reality, and it's like our experience of reality is fundamentally different. It's evolving every generation always, you know, the goalpost is moving, yes, yeah, and therefore our understanding of reality, This is what I'm trying to say with the cloud thing, our understanding of the truth is evolving amorphos's amorphos. Yes, So it would make sense that as time goes on, we develop and adopt new systems that may be saying the same thing, but they have different you know, approaches, approaches, Yeah, different language, but it's the same thing.
Speaker 2: Everything evolves. Why should our connection with spirituality not right? Yeah, it only makes perfect sense to me.
Speaker 3: Like, and for me, the game is like, how can we do this faster? How can we how can we do this more efficiently?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What can we how can we apply what we've learned?
Speaker 3: Yeah, in my opinion, not updating your system is.
Speaker 2: Like playing with a handicap.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, but I was gonna specifically say, it's like, you know, let's let's go do some homework on the computer right quick. And you're like, yeah, I bet bro here, come on, come on over, and we need to drive down the street for this because I got a new computer and I want you to see it, and I want to do some work on this thing. And then when I come over and you got a whole new addition on your house and I'm like, damn, dude, you've been doing some construction. You're like, yeah, man, I had to get a new four under square foot room.
Speaker 2: You're going in here.
Speaker 3: We got some homework, you know, we got some studying to do. And I opened the door and it's a computer from the nineteen sixties. Whoa, and the shit's massive. It's like eight hundred foot. They got dial up, they got dialogue.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: The computers back then was the whole room. It was like the size of a house.
Speaker 2: Massive.
Speaker 3: And that is religion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why would you want to keep exoteric? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, And it's like no, no, no. I like the high speed. I like I like the the efficiency.
Speaker 2: We've evolved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we have evolved.
Speaker 2: I'm still doing this.
Speaker 3: I like knowing that I don't have to follow like this archaic ritual and certain you know, order of things, when I could just do A to B the quickest most efficient route. Like, oh, you're telling me, all I gotta do is like do a certain little process and do a certain little meditation and I can, you know, perceive higher worlds and go out of body and like find this information for myself. Sign me up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I have to devote my life to being like a monk in a monastery, yeah.
Speaker 3: Or tied to get it or ti. So the pastor's wife can you know, get get another.
Speaker 2: Set of nails and a new car and a private jet and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and also she got to get another phone bill because she's got to have a burn line to where she can hide the fact that she's cheating.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then a third line for the dial up.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, yeah exactly. So anyway, it makes sense to me that systems.
Speaker 2: Would evolve as above so below. Man, It's like, uh, the physical and the spiritual have always been married. Yes, why is one going to evolve and the other stay behind? Like that's a great point, Like, no, it evolves together. Stop trying to like handicap yourself just because that's People put too much stock in tradition. I think in general it's good to have some traditions.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 2: It is good.
Speaker 3: Don't be trapped by it.
Speaker 2: Don't be driven dude, Like like, as soon as it starts getting in the way and making your life harder, let's get with the times. Yeah, on that they blind to tradition.
Speaker 3: That's a good way to put it. I didn't think about it like that, Like, yeah, it is as above so blow so as we're evolving in the physical. But you know, you're healthy now.
Speaker 2: Healthy, I'm cured.
Speaker 7: There's there's a yeah, there's it's got real treatment capability. There's all kinds of research about how tac can you know, treat certain things and you guys, it's all right here, right here.
Speaker 2: In real time.
Speaker 3: That's funny, I'm saying, that's kind of a viby just cave.
Speaker 2: No, I'm being silly, but like I really do feel that way, Like why why are we evolving physically but we're uh refusing to evolve our relationship with spirituality. I feel that.
Speaker 3: Now, just let's let's be clear, Like I'm not saying let's get into the day of the New age trap where it's like, oh, you're telling me the truth is evolving. No, I'm not saying that.
Speaker 2: The truth is your way that you access it is changing.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, the way that you access it, the way that you interface with it, the way that you embody its energy and its message and its ideals. You know, Like, for example, I do believe that there is a real power to the the idea of Christ. But you know, I'm not going to church. I'm not sitting here every night think in my bed thinking I'm gonna go to Hell because I didn't say the Lord's prayer today. No, you know, it's like our idea of things can change. Oh yeah, you know what I'm saying I'm not saying that the truth has changed, and therefore it's like, oh, oh really, you're saying I can believe whatever I want. Great, I've been in the you know, in the dark. I've been like a sci fi scientology guy. I just had to know that Xeni was real, and you're telling me he's real. No, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that our systems and how we approach these things can change. Anyway, that was a really long time, but that was some heat, I think. So in the early nineteen hundreds he was like a prominent member of the Theosophical Society, but then he broke off in nineteen fifteen, which actually is kind of whack because he died twelve years later. So here's the key. We hadn't even got to this yet. You ready, this might lose some people. I think that this is the most beautiful part of the entire system Steiner believed, and I do believe this as well. I'm just saying I believe that this is a very important element to esotericism. I don't believe that it's like in a literal way where you know, you gotta believe in Jesus to be saved or anything like that. I don't think that that is the truth. But where Steiner differed from the other system theosophy was he believed that Christ, the being, Jesus, the man, he came, he lived, he awakened people, he was killed, he was crucified, maybe he resurrected, maybe he didn't. I don't know. But something happened there, right, Something really did happen there where for two thousand years we're still arguing about it. Steiner believed that that whole event of his life and his teachings and therefore his ascension, because you know, he's this immortal being now everyone knows about him. He believes that that is the cosmic impulse that was like rippled throughout the universe, that awakened life forms throughout the cosmos to it changed the course of our evolution to where we were able to begin awakening ourselves. Like it was a universal event. It's like a cosmic impulse where he came, that whole story spread and then awakened like the God within us, where we you know, like we can do this too ourselves, Like it was a salvation type event, but not in the sense like you know, the Church teaches. It's in the sense that like, oh wow, we really are godlike beings. Yeah, you know, God dwells within us, can't awaken. That's what he was saying. You can do this too, if you read the end of the Gospel. He's like, I think it's the Book of John. He's like, you know, you, you guys, after I'm gone, you'll be able to do so many more miracles than me that you couldn't even fill the pages of a book with all the miracles. You couldn't even publish it all. It'll be so massive of a volume of texts of miracles that you will be able to perform after I leave. It's a parable. The whole point is like.
Speaker 2: You guys, here is a God.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like you guys will do this too, like you are awaken beings, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's the whole parable. He came here to show like, look, okay, here I am. I'm here as a human and check this out. I can do this stuff. What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, that's the whole thing. Yeah, it's not that, it's like the shit they don't talk about, right. See. The church turned it into worship him, yeah, worship him. Yeah, Christology, like you have to worship him like Heracles or or you know, Zeus or Demeter or whatever. They turned him into this this paying an idea of a god where you know, you gotta worship him. And then they're like, now we're gonna, you know, get some control and some some money, some bread. He's turning loads of bread to feed five thousand Where we're gonna take these ideas and we're gonna get five thousand dollar bills off the tides.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, oh fires me up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, bring your soul to me and put money.
Speaker 2: In this platter, pay for your salvation.
Speaker 3: Get on your knees and confess to me that he is a god, or you will be damned hell. But you know, for a low payment of five ninety nine little coins, you can get your aunty out of hell.
Speaker 2: That's so fucked up? Is that not so fucked up?
Speaker 3: And you know what else is fucked up? That's why Mormons, A lot of them become Mormons.
Speaker 2: Did you know that to get their aunty out of hell? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Generally yeah, And I know we shifted from you know, the Roman Catholic Church to Mormons, but that's actually a legit thing and Mormonism. They have the idea of baptizing the dead. Yeah, and that's that's a large number of conversions is for that alone. It's baptizing the dead.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 3: I know people, not a big deal, but yeah, I do know some people who they became Mormons just to like baptize lost loved ones. And it's like, ah, wow, that's a bummer.
Speaker 2: Is a bummer.
Speaker 3: So anyway, Yeah, so the the big thing about anthroposiphy is kind of like egger Casey, it has a very strong, like Christian mystical slant. Yeah, but it's in an esoteric way, you know, just that like it's it's the story that you know that God is within us, but like as a real being, a real, a real force. Right. So he also did go on to form the Waldart the Waldorf School, which was kind of like a it was really cool, Alex, You'll really like this. It's like a holistic school. It's a legit school. I think it's still running today. Like I think anybody can just join this. I mean you probably have to go through a certain you know, vetting process, but it has like a holistic approach to nurturing the body, the soul, and spirit. So there's like, oh, get this. The first school opened in Stuttgart for workers at the Waldorf Astoria cigarette factory. Interesting worked with doctors in his day to like develop medicine, so kind of like a little alchemical slant, you know, working with plants and holistic remedies.
Speaker 4: Told Tobacco that's why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a Steiner fan. Yeah, next week, you know he's gonna be showing up, you know with like a I don't know something something, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: Get Waldorf vintage cigarettes on eBay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but pretty cool that. I'm I'm almost positive his school is still going today.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Also you could fact check me on that please. But little fun fact last year when I was in Germany. I'm gonna see if I can find the photo. Actually it was pretty crazy. I doubt i'll be able to. But when when I was in Frankfurt, Germany, last year, we were driving by.
Speaker 4: So to interrupt you, it, it looks like there's people who have taken the philosophy, like the Waldorf education philosophy and implemented it in like modern day schools. Because I'm getting schools in Wilmington that are like, yeah, what do they call it like boarding schools. No, like the education, the education where the kids more or less good to do what they want.
Speaker 2: That sounds awesome. You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: It It'll come to me and then I'll tell you what it is. But I think so the philosophy of the school is still going on.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna find out.
Speaker 4: If that original school is still.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was just taking a quick peek because last year, while I was in Germany, I passed a real Rudolph Steiner school. I may not have gotten a picture of it. I thought I did. That's okay. I don't know if I'll be able to find it. But it was like the craziest synchronicity, bro, because there there was like, you know, my wife was born like twenty minutes from Frankfurt, Germany, and I've been there many times because a lot of her family lives around there. Her cousin actually lives in Frankfurt, Germany, and we were visiting him, and then we were driving out of Frankfurt and we passed this school and it said something like the Steiner House or something like that, and I was like, what is that. I can't remember if it was Steiner House or if it was the Rudolph Steiner House and I was like, what is that? And you know, my wife's cousin was like, oh, it's just like a elderly retirement community or something, and I was like, I don't know that. I got to look into that and I started googling it, and sure enough it was like a legit Rudolf Steiner school slash museum kind of thing, and it was. It was very cool. So I've actually seen one in real life. I didn't get to go in or anything, but I thought that was an interesting little sink.
Speaker 2: So a bunch of like really old people in there, just like reaching enlightenment and like opening their third eyes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it actually has nothing to do with with at all. He just had no clue what it was. Yeah, it's the Rudolf Steinerhuse.
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 3: This is exactly what I passed. I just googled it real quick. I don't think the original school is in operation. Oh really, well that makes sense. Yeah, the Rudolph Steinerhouse h a U S and it is in Frankfurt, Germany, and we drove by that the really last summer. I was like, that's a little weird of a name. For an elderly retirement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think it's just funny.
Speaker 4: Monassori school is what I was thinking about earlier. Okay, I feel I've heard of it. I think the Waldorf education and Montesssori School kind of go hand in hand. I think they're very similar. I think the Waldorf School probably puts more attention into holistic development. Okay, but interesting. Yeah, they're both kind of like alternatives to like traditional public school like what is it the Rothschild School system Rockefeller School system basically where like the student has more individualized attention. It's more like it's like, hey, let's yeah, let's figure out how you like to learn the best and teach you in that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I also think that they tend to get more exercise and like hands on outside time.
Speaker 3: I was talking to a teacher recently, like, oh, it's when I was at Monroe last week, because there was someone there who was an elementary school teacher.
Speaker 2: This is wild.
Speaker 3: But apparently kids only get like less than thirty minutes of recess now what Yeah, which is absolutely crazy because especially young boys need far more being out there playing getting their energy out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Crazy, that's how they learn.
Speaker 2: Wow, I feel like we used to have like forty five minutes at least. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was like forever Man, like going making up whole scenarios.
Speaker 2: Out there, whole scenario married.
Speaker 3: Having kids and and you're my and playing Make Believes.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, having a fort yeah, kicking girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, playing Power Rangers and Batman versus Spider Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all the craziest listeners.
Speaker 2: And one time me and my friend played Bible Man versus Star Fox. Really, yes, I remember that's fired Bible Man versus Star Fox and Bibleman one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say that'd be a close one, but it would have to be Bible Man.
Speaker 2: It was close, it got a little scary, but Bibleman came out on three Biblemen of course. Yeah, of course I was.
Speaker 3: It's funny.
Speaker 4: Played a lot of soccer and a lot of football. Yeah yeah, and came in dirty every time.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, I was a sucker of the slides.
Speaker 2: I was playing Bible Man versus Star Fars.
Speaker 3: Dude, that's that's crazy, because you know, I never saw Bible Man until I was like an adult singing on Reddit.
Speaker 2: Oh, I watched it when I was a kid.
Speaker 3: Like I didn't. I wasn't, dude, I was to that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I just remember I went as Bible Man for Halloween one year.
Speaker 3: Oh no, way, straight up, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: I had Bible Man action figures, all of it. You googling Bible Man? Do you not know? It's scary?
Speaker 3: How do you even get your hands on this?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: How do parents like?
Speaker 2: Where? Where? I don't know. That's just when it was first becoming a thing. You know, there was a it was a show. This looks ridiculous, it's crazy. Was it on TV? Like, this is some pretty underground show. I think it was on TV unless my parents bought like VHS or something. I thought it was on TV.
Speaker 4: My review here is this is the best part of every good superhero, like mixed into one for God with the worst colors.
Speaker 2: He has a lightsaber, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, isn't it like a has a cross on it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 4: He has a lightsaber. He has pretty much an Iron Man suit but it looks like a yeah, and he's got a Batman belt and a Batman cape.
Speaker 2: Let me see him.
Speaker 4: This is a mess, that's my guy.
Speaker 3: He does this is a mess. He quotes Bible verses.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if that was the real one. Sorry, we're derailing.
Speaker 3: He's a powerful fing Yeah, he's powerful.
Speaker 2: He's very powerful, and he's definitely beat Starbucks.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, I mean that's kind of where I was anticipating that would go, that he would win anyway. So anthroposophy stands for the wisdom of the human being from the Greek anthroposts, which is human and sofio, which is wisdom. Right, So it is a spiritual science because the whole purpose of anthroposophy is like developing a system where you perceive higher worlds. You know, serious seekers can develop this. Everybody come, one and all, and the idea is to bridge the gap between the material and the spiritual through direct perception of higher worlds through inner development again, which there is a split here between at the time, which was the other popular movement theosophy, which is you go onto like trance medium ship that kind of you know that stuff is real, but it kind of scares me a little bit. Yeah, you know, like bringing in other entities and personalities, Like I think that's a very narrow window of possibility where it's like truly a holy good thing. But I think that opens a doorway to a lot of bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I'm honest, I don't know enough about it, but it always did feel a little a little dark. I don't know if it's the right word, but there's always something about it that's like, this seems a little dangerous.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, that's what it seems to me.
Speaker 2: It seems like something that you should only do if you really really know what you're doing and are confident in what you're doing, because it seems like, yeah, I don't know, I don't know. I'd be way scared to do that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, I would never do that. Yeah, I'm not saying it's not real. I believe it is, really, I do know. But the thing is, like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and I don't think that anybody who does it is like evil or anything like that.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying that, I know, I.
Speaker 2: Know, just like, yeah, it's like, damn, we could just any any entity could come through, any spirit with any intentions.
Speaker 3: And you know, people could say the same thing about me seeing the orbs and shit or they do actually or or you know, even like meditation, and that's fine. I'm not I'm not saying that it is an evil act. I'm just saying for me, it's like that that's that's uh, that seems like I don't know, it seems a little like playing with fire a little bit. Yeah, it's just like it's a it's an uneasy unknown for me, but I will admit I don't know enough about it. Yeah, but it's very interesting for sure. Yes, and yeah. So the whole Steiner thing is like it's a path of knowledge to guide the spiritual and the human to the spiritual in the universe. So there's a heavy emphasis on expanding your consciousness, uh, to have awareness of the macrocosm as well as the microcosm. So it's about actual expansion, you know, like experiencing expansion within your mind, becoming equally aware just kind of metaphorically speaking, equally aware of the cells within your system as you are aware of the stars within the universe. Which is interesting because doing meditations like that is very expansive. I have experienced some of those at Monroe and it is something that's very interesting, like going through some sort of guided process of visualizing the cells and then getting bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger. It's really awesome. So the core principles of anthroposophy. Right, so we're like basically a threefold being of obviously the body physical, the soul emotional and thinking, and then the spirit, which is like the eternal aspect of your being. Right, We're seen as every evolving moving through cycles of reincarnation towards spiritual freedom, self awareness, liberation. It's all kind of like we're here evolving through the system across many lifetimes.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The higher self, the spiritual world are real, according to the anthropasophical system, accessible through a refined perception, similar to how natural science studies the physical. So the idea is you have a microscope that's looking at cells. While you are the occult scientist, you are the spiritual scientist. An anthroposophy does position itself as a cult science. Actually, the book a cult Science is a Rudolph Standard book. Let me get the exact name of that. I forgot. I glanced over this part. But he actually like was a somewhat of a scientist and not maybe he wasn't like a actual like scientist scientist, but it was his fascination geometry, mathematics, you know what I mean, as a child when he had this inclination, Like I was talking about earlier. He had this inclination for like his inner being or whatever. He stumbled on a book about geometry, and he became obsessed with geometry, and he started studying science. He got really into I don't know how to pronounce this, a very famous German author. I guess he was like a poet philosopher. His name was Gota, you know what I'm talking about her?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like one of the most famous German writers of all time. Yeah, and you probably would recognize the idea of a Faustian bargain. He created Faust. The story of Faust is selling your soul at the crossroad. So Steiner was like obsessed with goat cool, so obsessed like trying to translate and interpret his works. He believed he was like a very very prominent philosopher as his child, even like studying his writings, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So wow, how cool is that man?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had a huge fascination with science and mathematics, so he kind of positions anthroposophy as occult science. I'm trying to find the name of that book.
Speaker 2: Was this one of the books that you read today?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't have time to read this one. It's called an outline of a cult science. But Steiner, yeah, I have started reading this before, but I was like, this is Yeah, that was many years ago. But yeah, so occult science an outline of ocult science. So if you've ever heard of the notion of the occult being a science, which is a popular notion.
Speaker 2: Certainly it comes from him. Got it. He's the dude.
Speaker 3: He's the dude.
Speaker 2: Wow, Yes, that's so cool. He was obviously so passionate about it from such a young age. He made like major breakthroughs in this field. Yeah, and defined it right, defined it for future generations. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And there's other ideas that he's come up with two that will cover in a bit that we've actually talked about before. Namely, people could probably hark all the way back to our earlier catalog of episodes and find one called good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds about zoro Aster, And in that episode we talk a little bit about Rudolph Steiner.
Speaker 2: And what episode number is it.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna throw it out there. Fifty nine.
Speaker 2: Okay, check it out, look it up.
Speaker 3: I don't know that was a complete guess, but ut, y'all let me launch it. That's right, yeah, because we're two hundred. Now, that would be insane, right, that was a complete random number anyway. Yeah, So we do briefly talk about Steiner in that episode for like a moment, because the idea of Ariman, yes or the or also known as Angraminu, you know, the evil spirit of the world. Rudolph Steiner has this whole system. I think he has a book actually called The Aromanic Deception, which is the idea that at some point in human history Satan was born. At some random point, we decided there's an evil entity, yeah, and began to.
Speaker 2: Charge this concept.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, this energy, Yes, egre gore and feed it and yeah. So it's the Aromanic deception, the idea that there is an evil spiritual force, but who knows, maybe we created it?
Speaker 2: Right, that's what number is it. I'll bout you a piece, I.
Speaker 3: S yeah, that's fine, that's fine.
Speaker 2: What or you no feats or you can swap it for a mcdouble.
Speaker 3: You've been watching. Uh he's found it down.
Speaker 2: Oh you don't get no feet.
Speaker 3: That's just funny, man. You know that's a weird little synchronicity. Is a shout out Kylee Bear from the voice actor Gohan, he just sent me. We had were just talking about that earlier.
Speaker 2: What right you found down.
Speaker 3: Downy McBride, because he sent me a gift of that show.
Speaker 2: Oh we'ound down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're a little synchronosity there, but anyway, that's kind of crazy though, being ten off from.
Speaker 2: The number, that's pretty damn good.
Speaker 3: It's kind of close.
Speaker 2: That's why you can get a mcdouble, yeah, or a tenpiece.
Speaker 3: A ten piece, because I could get that from they're both about twenty dollars a tempoce.
Speaker 2: No, No, he's just an inflation joke.
Speaker 4: I'm just mad man me too. I'm just mad you. I just want to affordable mcdouble.
Speaker 2: I could do, that's all. I could do an hour long episode about how mad I am about the price of things right now.
Speaker 3: No, dude, I try not to think too much about it. Same, but yeah, I just yeah, yeah, kind of like that. It's like, oh shit, yeah, it's getting ridiculous, but so super sensual. I think I did just say this part. But like supersensible perception, right, The idea is that the spiritual worlds are real, and this is a science in the sense that it's like explore this, you know, develop these faculties and explore the spiritual world yourself. Through meditation, moral development, self discipline, one can awaken the higher faculties of consciousness and experience expansion. Okay, Carmen reincarnation. Human destinies unfold over lifetimes in a moral and a lawful universe sounds great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Each life is an opportunity for spiritual learning and balancing past actions. Steiner considered the Christ event to be the central turning point in here in spiritual evolution. Christ is seen not in the religious terms, but as a cosmic being who brought the possibility of inner freedom and individual spiritual awakening. A key goal and this is something that I really appreciate about this system. A key goal is the development of ethical individualism, the capacity to act freely out of love and insight, not compulsion or dogma. In other words, you're gonna go to hell if you're not kind to your neighbor, because it says, you know, let he who's without sin cast the first stone. You're gonna go to hell if you don't treat others how you want to be treated, because it says in the Bible you're supposed to treat others how you want to be treated. You're gonna go to Hell if you don't. YadA YadA, yad, YadA YadA. No, that's yeah, there's all these consequences. You're not really You're so messed up in the head. It's like, oh my god, I'm just trying to survive hell.
Speaker 2: You are walking through life in fear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm I'm trying not. That was my childhood as a Christian. It was like, I love God, I love Jesus, but I'm scared.
Speaker 2: To go to Hell.
Speaker 3: I'm playing in bed every night praying.
Speaker 2: Oh my God all the time, bear me constantly. All I could ever think about.
Speaker 3: I can't stand this nightmares because then I go to church every day and it's like you're gonna burn in the flames of Hell. I'm like, oh, ship.
Speaker 2: When comes the part where I enjoy any of this, like something good happens.
Speaker 3: It's it's a lot of it's a lot of trauma about you know.
Speaker 2: They literally tell you fear God, yeah, fear God.
Speaker 3: Yeah, work work out your salvation with fear and trembling before the Lord. Yes, and you know I get there. There's an aspect of that that I do understand. Like, for example, you know, if you see an omni dimensional being, you're like, oh fuck, you're scared. You know, it's it's like behold the power. But it's like, you know, fear fear God in the sense that like, you know, if you act up, you're gonna be cast to hell forever. Yeah, I just I don't I don't know, I don't see it like that. But but but but but what I like about this system is those who truly walk the path. The emphasis here is on the freedom the actual individual desire outside of compulsion or fear, judgment or dogma, the actual individual desire to grow morally and ethically. That's where it's out. That's that's what it's it. That's the real magic.
Speaker 2: You know, when you actually.
Speaker 3: Care to be better, yes, and you care to.
Speaker 2: Be morally sound morally better, yeah, that's the magic.
Speaker 3: Something that is crucial to this Steiner system of development anthroposophy is that a part of expanding your consciousness and awaking your spiritual faculties is constantly basically being christ Like, basically like being being a moral individual for the desire of it, for the for the love of it, for you know, want wanting to be a better being for being connected to the spirit. It has nothing to do with being sent to hell or judged or any sort of fear of consequence. But it's about the actual desire to be better and to treat other people as defined beings. And the idea is that the more that you focus on this and and live a christ like life, you know, And if you're not particularly fond of Christ, that's fine. Maybe you like Buddha, that's fine, it doesn't matter. Don't get so hung up on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not about that.
Speaker 3: It's about being, right, It's about the act of being. It's about the art of being, you know, the magic of it, the magic of being. Yeah, that's all it is about. It's about being. It's not about what you think or what you believe. To an extent. It is to an extent, sure, you know, but ultimately at the core, if I think the shirt you're wearing right now is green, well I'm living a fucking delusion. So to an extent, it's about what you think, you know what I mean, But that's not really the purpose of it, you know, gets so hung up on that's but but yeah, it's about being, and the more that you focus on being a better person and vibrating as like this beautiful loving being that your consciousness will unfold. It will like that lotus, it blooms, you know, it blooms in the mud. But it's still this, this beautiful inner being, and your spiritual faculties will grow. You will have higher levels of awareness, you know, and who knows, maybe be able to perceive higher worlds. So I'm gonna skip over a little bit of this stuff that I've already covered, like anthroposophic medicine and agriculture. That's all right, it's not that interesting to me. So just a couple of differences between like you know, anthroposophy and theosophy. The idea of theosophy is like, for example, there's a universal wisdom religion behind all faiths, and there is a unity between Eastern and Western esotericism. Fully agree, sure fully, it's like hello.
Speaker 2: Because again it's the same thing, it's just accessing it different.
Speaker 3: Ways, right, right, right, what's the what's what's the what's the most efficient way, or what's the way that truly works for me?
Speaker 2: It's different methods, right, that's all.
Speaker 3: And then the difference there with anthroposophy is it's it's seen as a spiritual science to expand your inner perception. And it's also bridging the difference, or maybe the difference isn't the right word, bridging the gap between the macrocosm and the microcosm, and the emphasis is on the fact that all of reality itself is evolving. The macrocosm is evolving, the microcosm is evolving, our spiritual higher being is evolving, the physical earthly plane is evolving. It's all evolving. It's all being. Everything is being. The only real thing is being, you know, the being the universe, right, obviously, you know, theosophy says God is impersonal, it's many different masters guiding humanity. Maybe that's true, maybe it is. But then anthroposophy says Christ is the pivotal personal incarnation of the divine. So in other words, this is the dude that came here many many, many years ago, and you know, was like the godhood reflected into one being and was like peace, motherfuckers, I'm out, and I'll do it too. I think that's true, But I think the other is true too. I think that there are multiple I just think that Christ was the most recent one.
Speaker 2: Sure, yes, right, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: And you know, if you think about the most recent hit movie you've seen, I can't tell you what it is for you, you know, but if you talk to somebody in the nineteen thirty about the most recent hit movie they saw, maybe it was fucking awesome. Oh but but as time evolves in our technology evolves, in our understanding of film, and all these things evolved. You know, over time, we're gonna have better movies. Yeah, they're gonna leave a bigger end. But it's like that, you know what I mean, Like, that's that's what I think about Christ.
Speaker 2: I think it was talking because it's recent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he had all the ship that came from all the ship before him.
Speaker 2: And we can look at in history, we can look at the moments where people were hype on the other incarnations, right, it obviously happened.
Speaker 3: Like Plato I think is one of them.
Speaker 2: Ruh. And like there's there's from every mythology, there's always in they like share so many details. It's like all this it's like the same story.
Speaker 3: I think there's many illumined beings as a matter of fact, who who have furthered this knowledge for humanity, Like you know, Plato, Pythagoras, many of them Aristotle. But I think Jesus did something special because he literally went out into the wilderness and the government. It was like, holy shit, he has a crowd of five thousand people walking around him. That's probably really scary. Oh, if you're in a place of power and you're looking down out the window of your castle and you're like, uh, why is there a mob of five thousand people, think about Yeah, he was, he was. He was doing something real shit.
Speaker 2: Oh, no doubt, you know, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Take all the religious you know, angle of it out of the way, and just look at the history.
Speaker 2: Like he was.
Speaker 3: He was doing some pretty pretty next level ship you know, movie mobs of yes, blowing their minds and waking them up, and there was something very real topening. Okay. So then as far as like karma and reincarnation, you look at, uh, the moral law of cause and effect or it is like the soul's cyclical evolution coming from karmen reincarnation, but then from the Rudolph Steiner system that was the theosophy system. For the Rudolph Seiner system, the difference, for example, is more of a Christian lens that's about individual moral freedom. I don't really have an opinion on that. I can't claim to know the exact science of reincarnation. I just believe that it's completely real. Then we have the path and knowledge, right Whereas theosophy is about the study of the occult script, psychic mediumship, comparing the different religions, great, you know, all great stuff. But then where I love the Steiner system and is more my speed is the inner work, the moral development, the scientific attitude towards attaining knowledge of the spiritual worlds. And that inner work is in the form of meditation. So whereas it's become so basically to boil it all down, Steiner has a whole system of like how you meditate again, sound familiar?
Speaker 2: Yes, it does very much.
Speaker 3: So yeah, right, it's you know again, this is not me, as somebody who is maybe potentially officially involved with Minroe having an opinion. But this is me, as a podcaster who likes to talk about comparative mythologies, having an opinion. And that's just true.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of overlap.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of overlap between what obvious because Monroe has no dogma, right, But they they I don't even know if they're aware of all these little things. Sure, maybe maybe many of them there are, but it wasn't formed with this. I do know that Robert Monroe was very interested in Edgar Casey, but he wasn't like studying this shit. Sure, it was just happening to him exactly. It was just having spontaneous experiences and over time, through the scientific process that the institute was formed. And like it's it's it's very similar to a lot of this kind of you know, Steiner stuff. Obviously without the mystical Christian slant, there's no dogma, but of course the protocol, the the method of expanding and unfolding your consciousness through the inner work, through the meditation, through expanding awareness, it's very early similar and very real and experiential. Right. So again, the large body of theosophical work came through revelatory channel teachings and then through Steiner's methods. That dude was out there just meditating and meditating and meditating and going to these places, you know, leaving the body or you could say, by locating his consciousness, and he was studying these spiritual realms of consciousness and coming back with higher knowledge. And that's pretty I think we're pretty much at the different or at the wrap there of like comparing theosophy and anthroposophy, but just to get into a couple of core doctrines of anthroposophy to kind of round us out. So we're fourfold actually the etheric body, the life body, which is the force of life and growth, which is shared with plants and animals. The astral body, which is where our emotions, desires, and consciousness, which is shared with animals. Obviously, we have the physical body material invisible, but then we have the eye, ego or self, which is like unique to human beings. Animals don't have this, plants don't have this. We have this ascended being that has its own individual personality that it's seeking to express and that it is evolving. It's the ego, the eye, he calls it the eye.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We have three functional systems, which is the nervous sensory system or the thinking head centered related to perception and cognition, rhythmic system which is feeling centered in the heart and lungs, mediating emotion and balance. And the metabolic limb system, which is the willing system or rooted in movement and action. And this is how the Steiner system believes that the spiritual reality is actually manifesting within us, kind of like how you have different ideas chakras and energy systems or astra bodies and the way through you.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's fascinating. The rhythmic system, that's that's curious. Interesting phrasing. Yeah, I just never heard it.
Speaker 3: And it's about feelings, right, I've never.
Speaker 2: Heard it heart phrased like that. That's really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with the hearts on our read.
Speaker 2: Of course, that's what I'm thinking. Yeah, it's that's fascinating.
Speaker 3: There is a general outline of like the evolution of humanity, and this is very very uh concise. I just pulled like a lot of different bodies of concise information here, but basically in occult science and outline, which is the book I mentioned earlier, the Earth is one stage in a very long cosmic evolution, preceded by the Old Saturn, the Old Sun, and the Old Moon epochs. So there were different evolutionary periods of humanity where these different celestial bodies were dominant, I guess, And we are evolving through cultural epochs like Ancient Indian, Persian, Egyptian, Greco Roman and our current epochs. So at these different cultural epochs, the the ritual myth system of the time was dominant.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder why Tibet's not on here. Maybe maybe it's in there. I'm not sure. Because this is a short, little concise list. We are now in the fifth epoch. According to anthroposophy, that sounds sick developing conscious individual freedom.
Speaker 2: Which part sounds sick? It does?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's what I was thinking. Or a song or an album you know what that sounds like. That sounds like U two thousand and nine Christian metalcore album.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Skillet.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was thinking, like, you know, some kind of like you know, like for today type yeah, yeah, yeah, and they're just like pick sweeping right then? Right then? That was today was literally like everyone, Yeah, I still love that one. I hear it. Yeah, yeah, it's not so common anymore.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not. I think I think it was a little gimmicky and people were like, hmmm, because it's only really applicable. It's it's nerdy guitar stuff. It's like such a niche thing that you have to learn how to do, and then it's you can only apply it that one specific way that it's like when It does sound cool.
Speaker 3: Though, yeah, nostalgic. Yeah, but so yeah, Christ is like the core, this cosmic being or the sun spirit, not just son but like s u n And he has this concept known as the Mystery of Golgotha, which is if you know about gold Gotha, that's where that's the place of bones. I'm pretty sure that's where Jesus was crucified. Oh wow, let me double check that. So I don't sound like an idiot because I hadn't been to church in like eight years. Go, I know, I know it's either where he was crucified or it's where Judas.
Speaker 2: Was killed in. That sounds like a either Swedish or German metal band.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a black metal band, yes, yes, I bet it is, as it has to be.
Speaker 2: Also kind of sounds like a Pokemon a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah he was, he was crucified in Goldgtha. It does kind of sound like a Pokemon.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 3: I guarantee you. There's a metal band.
Speaker 2: Called and There they are?
Speaker 3: Oh perfect? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Are they they are? They're Spanish melodic doom slash death metal. Oh shit, that's sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on.
Speaker 2: Now, good for them. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: So the idea is that through the crucifixion, this cosmic being. You know, if you look at Jesus the man, the historical figure, he's like an avatar. He was, he was a person, you know, but there was according to the Steiner system, there's this grand cosmic impulse of the divine that he became an avatar for that there was some greater spirit. See, the church teaches Jesus is God. It's three and one. He is God, but he's also Christ. But he's also you know, and it's like very confusing, and everyone's like nobody gets it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't get it. No, I really don't know.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm trying to understand this whole thing. But like I remember being in church and everybody there's all these theories. Man, you google it. Everybody has all these different theories about what does it mean? Is he God? Is he not? Is was he a man?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: You can't ever say he was a man because he was God? Oh wait, but I thought he was born right, Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: He was born? But you know what I mean. Also, when he's getting crucified, he's saying, Father, why have you forsaken me? Like why would he be saying that if that was him, it's like there's a lot of conceptual inconsistencies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what are we talking about. Well, you know, the obvious answer to me is probably because they came up with all that dogma later. Yes, you know exactly. He was just going through this shit. Yeah, and he was just talking and then all these years later they came up with all these charts and they're like, man, how can we really like standardize this and you know, make money off this? Simply good, gotta figure out money on this. That was so true.
Speaker 2: That's so.
Speaker 3: But I really do think that he was just like a guy who came here, and he was he was an amazing guy who came here, just like we're sitting here talking about Rudolph Steiner, because he figured out all this crazy ass ship and and Jesus was one of those people and he was like an avatar for some really for some really special thing. Yeah, something very real.
Speaker 2: But for sure, I yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: And according to the you know, the the theosophical not theosophical the anthrop Damn, that's hard, the anthropersophical system, he continues to work in the etheric realm, not just as a past historical figure, but as an actual current being. Yeah, that the and that we will the second coming of Christ. According to this is, that's like a entertainment that we will be able to achieve.
Speaker 2: It's like an awakening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like achieving Christ consciousness, right, which fully what I believe. Yeah, avatar state, that's that's another way to explain it. But I do believe in the idea of like Christ consciousness, Like there's coming a time. And dude, it's like the suffering is so fucking great for humanity, Like we do need some new thing. We need a new way of thinking, a new way of ch It's the only way we'll survive. Everyone's killing each other, you know, constantly. And you know, it's like that's another thing about the Steiner system too, that perpetual positive thinking, you know, manifesting a better reality. Initiation three pathways in ancient times to initiation as they progressed according to the anthroposophic system, there was the ancient Rishis of India, which was you know, yoga. They were doing inherently brett you know, breathing exercises, meditation, things like that. It was helping people to go out of body and have very like expanded experience experiences and yeah, and then you had Gnostic Christianity, and then that progressed into Rosicrucianism. So according to the Steiner system, this was like the pathway of how we changed our methods where we received initiation, which was like you know, perceiving higher worlds or going out of body or whatever.
Speaker 2: Like the evolution of these paths.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's like this, this is something that's been going on, and there's probably so many more than that. I mean, there's got to be you know. And if you talk to a templar night, they'll say And I asked one recently, Scott. I asked him, is it true that you guys have certain breathing protocols to go out of body? He said yeah. I said, have you done it? He said yeah. I was like, okay, cool, No, I believe it. I've heard worder shit, I've gone out of body. I know my dad went out of body through breathing. I saw it. Well, I didn't see the body, but I was in the room with him doing the breathing and he went out of body. And I'm starting to understand that, like this is very real, this is very attainable and it's its initiation. It's like, it's not the only thing that you need, but this is something that is this great primordial secret that has been very carefully guarded, and there's all these like secret little rituals that these people have had to conceal these methods. But yeah, totally, dude, I am now completely convinced that people like the Receis of India have probably guided people through so many thousands of out of body experiences expanded states of a conscious of consciousness, of awareness, whatever, just because through doing specific breathing protocols, being aware of certain things while we're doing these breathing protocols, it allows you know, spiritual things to happen because it's a part of our DNA, it's part of our makeup, you know. So I'm going to wrap this up here because I feel like I'm hitting a lot of the same things. But so here are the six basic tenets of like let's just say, okay, I'm interested in anthroposophy. How do I apply this to my life? How do I, you know, adopt this into my life to where I can expand my spiritual faculties. I don't want to just read a bunch of freaking books.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So the six ideas, the six the six principles like cutting right to the to the meat of it all right, control of thought, focusing so basically meditation, right, focusing your your attention on a simple object, becoming aware of controlling your thought, and you can expand on that and whatever meditation practice. But he believed it was important to have a level of control over your thoughts and your attention and your awareness.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The example is like focus on a pencil, or focus on an object and just see if you can focus your attention on that specifically. I know at Monroe there was a research slash experiment that they've done recently. Were like this lady Vicky, she's a wonderful human being. She was telling me that one thing she had to do was stare at a painting for like ten minutes with no music or anything. It was or maybe it was twenty. It was like stared at it for ten minutes or something like that, and then it was like measuring brain waves while they're you know, she's staring at this painting, no sounds, no guided meditations.
Speaker 2: Just staring at this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just stare at it. And stay focused. Is like how long can you state this? What's going on in your brain? What are your feelings? Things like that. But it's just the idea of you know, if we're doing guided meditation or breath work meditation or sound you know, like the Monroe method, the Monroe sound on science, all of these things can be very very powerful and being a tool that helps, you know, take your attention to certain places. But it's very difficult to just sit there and just like okay and just raw dog it and just focus your attention. And Steiner believed it was very So Steiner believed it was some level of importance to have control over your thoughts. I don't really think it matters how you get there. Just get there. You know, if you need sounds, if you need certain things, that's fine. I mean to do use your tools. Yeah, use the tools at your disposal. Control of will. When I read this today, I was actually pretty shocked. I was like, wow, I've never really thought about it like that, but this is very powerful. So having an inherent initiative, so Steiner was like, take take an activity every day, something like water your plant, uh, you know, whatever it is, exercise and do it every day and control your will, you know, develop your will, your power, your initiative, and your drive to continue to do something every day every day. That's probably my biggest struggle in life, having me too, because I'm not left brained at all. I'm pretty much only right brained. I just recently learned.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, like like getting into a routine, it's like impossible, very hard not do it. Yeah, I mean I don't like putting those limiting myself. I can, but like it is, it has traditionally it's a huge.
Speaker 3: Well look, I mean we're both we're both right bringing creatives too, so it's like it's a handicap, you know. It's like at least knowing that, it's like, okay, well now I know my blind spot now I know, now I know what you need to work with. Yeah exactly, I know my weakness. But I thought that was interesting. That is according to Steiner, you know, having that control over your thought, the control over your will, Developing these skills will expand your spiritual faculties, balanced emotional state. Think like a Jedi. You don't want to have extreme reactions either. You want to be balanced. Yeah, you want to be like emotionally intelligent, or emotionally stable, or a templar would say, this is like walking on water, the the initiation of the element of water, where you're beginning to control your emotions. That's yeah, that's kind of an esoteric idea of the miracle of walking on water. Well, maybe it was about being in control of your emotions. Positivity. This is the fourth tenant to expand your you know, your your spiritual faculties. Seek the positive or constructive aspects in every situation or person. Actively counter your own tendencies towards criticism or negativity. Totally agree with that. My dad has taught me that, like my whole life, ever since this stuff started happening. It just makes sense to me. It's it's you know, and we've been on a pretty fucking amazing journey doing this thing, and it's like positivity, positive, positive, mental thought positive, you know, visualizing positive outcomes, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, clearly it works.
Speaker 3: Open mindedness or impartiality, remain open to new experiences and viewpoints. Is, don't have such limiting attachments that we were talking about that earlier. You were saying the tradition thing like if it's if it's causing you trouble, you know, you're going to hurt you, yeah, or viewing it differently. You got to be open. You got to be open. You cannot be so rigid exactly, You're you're experiencing a very narrow window of reality if you're super rigid. Oh yeah, completely agree, Completely agree. And then harmony, balance, integrating all of these into a balanced routine and a balanced perspective so that you have like a very clear and stable progression of your thinking, you're feeling, You're willing your your you know, your your meditative practice, which will basically lead to the expansion of your consciousness. And then I'm sure in his books like attainment of higher worlds or it's like a knowledge of higher worlds or you know whatever. I am almost positive that in these books he details like specific meditation exercises. But this is just a wisdom tradition episode, you know, episode where we're talking about Rudolph Steiner from a philosophical standpoint. Now that we're done with that and we're wrapping up, I think, just again we talk about the truth and attaching to it like a cloud thing. This is all fun and theory, but you really don't even need that, you know, you take what works but ultimately, just meditation is a powerful tool and skin that cat in whatever way it works for you. For me, I love them in a real method. I love the sound science. I liked the breathing method too, pretty rigorous. I think that takes a high level of knowledge, a high level of mastery to learn that very intimately and incorporate that, you know, that practice into your life. I like the efficient method. I'm a busy guy. I'm like, you know, I like going to Monroe. They teach me what I need to know, and I'm like, great, awesome, this was efficient.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: So it's like just whatever works for people, you know, don't get too hung up in it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's kind of the cool thing about us doing this whole series and going over all these different methods is it's like it's not like we're going through this stuff saying like this shit, every bit of it is true. It's like, no, we're going through all of it and then you guys can pick out the nuggets that you think will work best for you. We can pick out the nuggets that we think will work best for us. It's like widening our pool so that we have more to draw from.
Speaker 3: For me, Also the main reason that I like doing this whole Wisdom Tradition series is because I come from a background where, like, I've met so many people who they find out we're having these paranormal experiences and they're like freaked out because they have a specific, rigid belief. So my whole thing, we're talking about these soteric systems. It's not even about like, oh cool, learn this little practice. It's not even about that. For me. It's about exposing people to some hidden thing that they probably have never heard of, you know, and exposing a lot of these little things because I think the more of these things you learn, it expands your view of the supernatural, of the divine, of you know, reality. You know, the more of these things and data points that you learn about, I think it's just better off, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a really cool perspective too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So anyway, I'm out, I'm out, all right, anything we gotta hit on the way out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one thing, what bye guys.
Speaker 3: Bye guys.
Speaker 2: What out bomies.
Speaker 3: If you like the show and want more, check out Patreon dot com. Slash Bledsoe said, so this.
Speaker 2: Will get you exclusive weekly bonus shows and access to our discord community with hundreds of open minded people just like you.
Speaker 3: If you want to represent the show, go to bledsosatso dot com for merch, we have T shirts, hats, hoodies, and more.
Speaker 2: For all future updates, follow us on Instagram at BLEDSOSATSO same time next week