Speaker 1: Now one of your pudding. I got a string going on here, something just because my dog. Something killed your dog. My dog. We're flying through the air over the tree. I don't know how it did it, Okay, Damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and he was dead. And once you hit the ground like, I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Sat, what are you putting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was? Or was it was? Standing enough? I'm out here looking through the window now and I don't see anything. I don't want to go outside. Jesus Quice, you better hello, get somebody out here.
Speaker 2: What went on out there?
Speaker 1: I've thought of a bit of about six ft nine. I don't know. You see him out there? Yeah, I'm right away. Oh.
Speaker 2: Readings from Alaska Red Roll Curry, young tribal console member from doing Him Alaska quick update. I did the interview yesterday with one of my relatives on camera. He didn't like being on camera. I told him if he wanted to remain anonymous, that's fine too. It's not in our culture. So as a little gun shy as far as being on camera, which I understand. I just don't care what anyone thinks because there's too much of this stuff going on to just keep ignoring. You'll hear him tell what he's been through. Me and him, we've known each other since knee I I have elementary school yearbooks wearing them together. He's a relative of mine, and we grew up over in Bristol Bay, commercial salmon fisherman and all that stuff. One thing I wanted to touch on is usually when stuff happens like that to any of us out in the bush, First Nation, we discussed it amongst each other a little bit, but once we get back to the village, it's not something we go downtown. Hey we saw Harryman up there. It's just not what we do. Having someone else share is important to me, because, like I've said, these things that happen out in the bush are not unique to me. I am nothing special when it comes to having encounters. I've had several myself, but it's not me. It's the area. He shocked me when I asked him, Hey, you've got any good Harry Man stories? Just shooting in the dark? He had called me and wanted to get something to eat when he came into town from dealing here, I agreed to go get something to eat. I asked him, as we're getting off the phone, by chancing any good Harryman stories, And the first thing out of his mouth was New Yakuk River. I'll leave it at that. It was not a friendly encounter. I'll let him say it in his own words. He'll the off camera and it's just going to be campfire style. I'm just gonna chop it up with them, and it's not gonna be like what day, what time. It's not even like that. We're too close for that kind of interaction. It's just going to be natural and casual. I feel it's more honest that way. It doesn't feel forest or directed or scripted. I'd just rather him just tell it. How are you spelling it? But while I'm here, I have something I wanted to share back in It was nineteen ninety eight. It was the last time I attempted to stay year round in Dillingham, just because the job opportunities were just not doable. Me and I we'll call him William. I reached out to him. I wanted to try to get him to talk about this experience. Me and William we went chicken hunting. He picked me up where I was staying and doing him there and we went out to Lake Road. Now spruce chickens back then, fifty hundred of them on the side of the road. It is not uncommon. We call them dumb chickens because you can get out, check a rock and get one that type of thing. So we're actually just going out to be social, hangout, do our village boy thing or whatever. We get to thirteen mile gravel pit on Electing Get Road and as we're pulling in there, they had started blocking it off, but there's trails around it for four wheelers and snow machines in the winter time. So we pull up to the gate, he kills the angine and we decide we're going to hike to the back of the pit check out this little pond that accumulated from melting. They developed pond back in there, and he wanted to check it out. Someone had said of beaver was moving in there or something. So we get back in there and it's a good two hundred yards to the back of the pit. It's approximately seventy five yards wide and then off to the left it has this huge mound of overburden that had been pushed off to the side to access more gravel and whatnot. So as Williams walk and he handed me a little fujifilm insta camera thing. It click disposable kind. He just turned on the whole thing to get processed. Well, he had it too many goes, I'm going to vote the other side of the pond, and I want you to take a picture of me. I'm going to walk out halfway into the pond up to my knees because he had on some hip waiters and he goes trying to squat down and get the perspective like I'm dead center in the middle of this pond. And I was like, okay, yeah, it was just something he wanted to do. I thought nothing of it. We were armed. All I had was like a nine milimeter and a little holster, a little smith and wise and just noisemaker. Really not discounting the nine millimeter, but here in Alaska nine milimeters you use that on people. So as I'm talking to him and he's walking around, I was like, well, like an old lady, we're guys. We bust eacha oller's chops constantly. So he gets around there and he goes, I don't have a good spot, and I wasn't paying attention to him, honestly, I was doing something. I had heard something back by the truck, almost like someone slamming the door of the truck. That don't happen in Dilly here. Typically someone's not going to go rummish through your vehicle and it's parked on the side of the road. Not typically, at least not back then. So I looked back at the truck and I'm not paying attention to him. And as I'm looking at the truck trying to figure out what that sound came from, Coblue, I heard a splash. So I thought, oh shit, William Vilkin in the pond. So I turned around. I'm getting the little Fuji throwing out of my pocket to get a picture of him. So I turned around, the ponds rippling from whatever splashed in there, and he's standing there, pale white. Click. I took the picture. I just took it just because it all happened so quickly, and I was whinding it and I was like, what did you throw in?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All he had to do was get my attention and he goes, I didn't throw anything in that came from up the hill. I was like, I did tumble down on some him. I didn't hear it because normally here it wasn't that kind of deal. He had this look on his face. They said, did you throw it? Are you missing with what's going on? And he goes, I don't know, but I don't feel right. And so I started to just sense in the area because we're down in the bottom of this pit and we got walls around us and trees behind him. So there's a little bit of a bluff of the overburdened line and it's about a four foot height tip where the grass and the trees and with the rest of the top soll begins and then pushes back. So I'm discussing with them, and at this time I'll continue around the pond to come to where he is now. He had brought a firearm as well, but he left it in the truck. I had a nine millimeter on my hip just make noise, scare bear off. The only rifle he had was like a little four ten for the dumb chickens, the spruce chicken. So as I'm talking to him where I had gone. The trees were behind me now, so I'm basically facing back the direction I was just at with him in between me and this little pond, and I'm like, hey, are you messing with me?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Because this ain't cool. I don't want to have something out here chucking rocks at us. And I brought up the Harry Man. He goes, I think it was a Harry Matt and I laughed because I wasn't mocking him. I just didn't get any sense of danger because typically the pressure changes. And I'm like, so, what makes you think it's a Harry Man? And he points back behind over my shoulder. I thought he was joking. When I turned around, there's birch tree, a spruce tree, and then a little thing of I think they'd be poplars older or something like that, A little batch of those, and they were grouped and fanned out up towards the top, almost like a willow. Behind this willow right offset from these two, this birch and this spruce tree was a very big dark shadow swinging back and forth. Now, if you were to initially look at this shadow moving, it would appear it was shadow blowing the wind and the leaves and the trees and stuff, because it looked very fluid, like it was happening in nature, but it was the Harryman. I was stuck. I knew what I was seeing, and I knew what was going on. I had already drawn the nine millimeter and I was asking him. I was like, do you think it is going to follow us back to the truck? Should I shoot it? And he's not saying nothing to me. I hear him walking behind me, and he goes over and he picks up this rock and he goes, I'm gonna throw a rock at I'm going to try to scare it off to give us time to get back. Because we had almost two hundred yards to get back to the truck. We had a distance to go, and this thing was fifty feet away at most, and it was on an elevated position from us. I was against throwing the rock. I said, don't throw that rock. Let's just back out. I'll wing shots over its head, but let's get to the truck. Let's get the hell out of here. Now we go a spruce chicken hunting at dusk, so it's moving towards darkness, and I don't want to freaking be out there. This thing's over there. It's doing this number back and forth, and then this kind of like a squirrel chatter, but in the cadence of a squirrel chatter, but with popping like a like that. But it was very fast, very I can't even imitate it. It was unreal fast. It's still clicking pop sound. And so I tell William, I'm like, let's just slowly, let's start walking. You walk backwards, keep your eye on it. I'm gonna guide you, and then we'll switch. I'll turn around, I'll watch it, and then you guide us. So we keep an eye on the scene. I brought up to him. I said, also look around when you're not looking directly at when you're the one leading, look check our flanks. Make sure there's none moving around us. Now, when I speak of these things and how they operate and how they seem to move, now this is all speculation. I'm not an expert on this shit. But one thing I've noticed is typically not all the time, but for the most part, if one's letting you see it, there's others around, right. So I talked them out of throwing the rock, and we're back and why And the whole time, this thing's just doing this number, just swam back and forth every once in a while, doing that kind of sound. It didn't like lunch or do any any kind of sudden like aggressive stuff per se. Just this mere presence was the feeling in the air. It's hard to explain when you can sit there and stare at something and it's not saying anything to you, but yet you're in the presence of something that puts a fear in you that you can't shave. You can't sit there and make something good of it. I only say these things because this is what I've experienced in Alaska. Let me be clear, I'm not trying to speak anything on Lower forty eight. You guys got generational populations that have been through those areas, so far different dynamic as far as overall population and potential interaction. Up Here in Alaska, we're so isolated. I think that's a contributing factor to how aggressive they get, because they haven't had the outside of the villagers and stuff that from what I'm told, they snatch us, eat us all this stuff. Anyway, let me continue. I'm sorry I go off on tangents every once in a while. I apologize. I just want people to understand that up here in Alaska, it's not roll one, not unique to me, and to this creature up here, it doesn't seem to want anything to do with it, which hey, is probably getting shot at all the time, honestly. So we're back in the way, William decides I'm going to toss this rock down when he gets rid of the rock out of his hand, because I had him, Hey, just make sure I'm not going to trip over anything. I want to keep an eye on it until we get a little further away, since I had the gun in my hand. Now, as I'm walking backwards and I told him check our fights and everything, he's looking in the pit. He's looking left ring the pit. Right at the bottom of the pit. The pit, the walls go up and there's trees up there. So I'm puny. Look up the hills too. Now, as I say look up the hills too, we hear a god awful scream coming from back by that damn truck where we're going. I didn't know whether to shit or go blind, because at this point they usually shake a tree scream you leave the area. They stay at a certain distance typically, but they let it be known that they don't want you around. They'll throw stuff, shake a tree, break lambs, that type of stuff. We heard the scream and all our our plans went out the window, as far as we're going to take terms of lead frog and paying attention. Look at it now, no la shit. We immediately start just Paul asking towards the truck. Now, the scream just came from that direction. But for us, if we could get to the truck, that means we could get out of there. And so William is booking. I've seen this guy run before. He was running, so I was keeping up. And we get up by the truck and off in the side, just off to our left where that screen came from, because we got the iron fence, the two swinging iron gates for the pit, and we're on the opposite side of that, and off to the left the tree line starts and then it goes up a burn that wraps that wall back towards the pond where we were just behind us. So about halfway up this incline, just in the tree line, I've seen it. It was sitting there doing this number, just bobbing then looking back and forth just doing this. There was something in the looking its eye. It didn't come at us, but the way it was looking it wasn't just like looking at as curious just looking at our form. It was looking me in my eyes. As soon as I saw it. It looked directly at me. There was nothing there as far as it was obviously intelligent. But what I mean by nothing there is it looked like dead black eyes just staring a hole through me. Knowing it was a little further away and not immediately by the truck. All this happened in a brief second as we're running along and I glanced up and then I made eye contact and I was doing a thing or whatever doing this number. All this happened relatively quickly because we ran slid under the gate, jumked in the truck, and I'm trying to look up the hill at the one I deem it is more of a threat. It's closer. This type of thing, the one that was at the back of the pit that he saw over my shoulder, it was actually in the middle of the pit for more sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages, and I had this Pouji film camera, So I'm like, I'm gonna get a picture of that. I'm getting it ready to go. As I'm getting ready, at the windshields all filthy. It's dolling him. This is back before the road was paved all the way out to the lakes, so there's a lot of dust and grime and stuff. As I was going to hop out to take a picture of this, saying out in the middle of the pit. We had a camera, why not, I'm getting ready to jump out the door to at least open it up and get outside to get a clear picture of it without the filthy windshield. I went to grab the doorknob and William grabbed my leg and shook it, and I looked over at him three feet roughly from his door. I couldn't even see it all the way, but there was another one standing next to the truck on his side, so we just left. He backed out of there. We almost got stuck backing out because we flew across like rode into the opposite ditch and hand to ride the ditch until he could make it up back up onto the road. That was creepy from the standpoint of They basically had us encircled now there's an argument to be made, if they really wanted to hurt us, we wouldn't have made it out of the pit. And fair enough, well, what was the point of them showing themselves? What was the point of the eye contact. There's so many unknowns with this, That's why it bothers me, and I'm trying to coax my fellow First Nations. Come forward, share what you've seen, Let's get some data together, Let's see if there's something we can figure out about it. Because there's so many unknowns, it's all speculation. I can assume what they wanted. I can assume it was bad. I can assume a lot of things. Grant you, I'm biased, so I immediately swing to it was nefarious. It was trying to size us up to get us. But that's me, and that's not fair to the situation. It's just how I felt inside with how this stuff was transpiring. And in many of the cases, like when we were attacked on the nuw Yakuk, I've heard several people say, hey, they didn't hurt you, they could have got you. You weren't hurt. I say bullshit. I no longer have a relationship with those family members. They were a large part of my life up to that point. I missed them and I love them. That whole thing separated us because I wanted to talk about it and they didn't. It does a lot of damage to keep these kind of things in. I know, it's really easy for people to just fluff at all their just stories and blah blah blah. Yeah, I understand this could be skeptical, but everyone wants to see one until they do, and then when they do, they want nothing else to do. Was going back out in the woods. Typically, none of this crap is unique to me. There are so many of us from the remote villages that have had encounters that to an outside person would seem Jesus outland as shit. You got these guys claiming all this stuff is going on, but yet there's no news reports of this and that. Yeah, and there's a reason why the ridicule. No one wants to be looked at as, oh, that's that guy that goes and talks to Harry Man. Because even though ninety eight percent of the villagers know the hairy Man's real, maybe two percent will acknowledge it. That's all socially pressed because they feel they're going to be mocked or ridiculed. I'm forty six now, I'm over given that shit what anyone thinks. I'm just going to tell what I know, share what I've experienced, and hopefully encourage others to come forth with what they have. You can remain anonymous, you come on a camera however you want to do it. But I want the Alaskan based stuff to be shared. All these outside entities bringing this Hollywood garbage hype to every aspect of Alaska. They use just enough truth that's compelling to get people to come back for the next episode, promising meat and potatoes, and you don't even end up with potato skins. At the end of the series, We'll see how it goes. I wanted to share with you something that was shared with me around the campfire back in two thousand and five at hunting camp. Now, this particular incident happened off the Quejack River. An elder that shared this with me, who since passed, was very adamant in telling us younger guys, don't go into the woods alone, don't whistle. I'll explain why he gave us that advice. So this was back in oh sixty seven, sixty eight somewhere in that general area, if I remember correctly. Now, they were doing prospecting bear hunt. Basically, they were out and about is what it boils down to. He was trying to feed us a line of whatever we know the business. He was upriver up to Queijack, which connects Lake Illam, the largest lake in the state, to Bristol Bay. That lake is so big, and with it being connected to the Queenjack, you can get a resident harbor seal population, Sea lions, belugas go up in. They're chasing salmon. It's an awesome place, just vast Alaska's so big. So they're on the west side of the Queenjack. I forget the name of the creek offhand. It was a native named creek, and there's a lot of Queues, more consonants than vowels, will put it that way. So they're about twelve miles he said from the Queen Jack west. He didn't specify exactly how far below Iliono they were, but he said it was sparsely wooded. So they were back in there having a good time doing what Indians do out in the woods. They had found a trail and this particular trail was well worn, and they're like, this almost looks like someone's path to get water because of where there was a natural spring not too far away from where this path ended. So they decided they wanted to explore it. So they bring their firearms and they just dropping along, not necessarily looking for any sign in particular, just enjoying a nice beautiful day. Now, this path is just windy through berry patches, grub, the tundra and scrub brush and into the black spruce and cottonwoods and what have you. So just as they were coming around a couple of these islands of black spruce and the way the trail cut, they noticed something moved and it was almost like it was just out of sight because the trees are over here, and as they're coming around, this thing was moving around too. So they were just catching glimpses of something dark moving on the trail ahead of them, and it was only thirty five forty yards in front of them. So they're like, oh, So they start calling out. They thought it was someone and this was their path, and so they were hey over here. No response, So they continue around this little escurve in the trail, and once they get up to where they should be able to see this person, because where or the vantage point they had. Once they came around the bind, it was open except for the trees immediately to their right. And these weren't very big ones. They're black spruce and whatnot. It was basically scrub timber. He said. The tallest tree must have been about fifteen feet tall. So they were looking around and this island of trees wasn't too dense, and so they're like, he must be hiding. He's got to be hiding, because the trail continued on in the open tundrad before it reached a bigger timber a little further away. So they decided they split up a little bit. There was three people in the group. They decided to take a look. Hey, you look over here, I'll look over this ridge here, and this elder he goes up on the ridge to look to see because they knew the trail was wrapping around they could see it wrap around this little rise. So he went up on top of the rise to see what was on the other side. On the other side was huge beaver pond and a small creek that kind of wound back into the bigger timber. Now as he's up there, he hears screaming behind him, coming from just where they were standing moments ago, next to the small stand of the black spruce and whatnot. His hunting partner that was with them was on the ground, laying with his on his back, putting his hands up sid no screaming out. The other guy that was with them wasn't that far away, starts firing into the trees, basically shooting right over there buddy, and his buddy was on the ground. He wasn't moving, but this guy's popping shots and he knows they're not shooting for nothing, so immediately he turns around. He's blessing a football field away and he's running down and he's looking to see what they're shooting at, and he notices trees just starting to Then they hear a loud scream. The guy that was on the ground starts firing from a laid back position, shooting into the trees, and all of a sudden, the trees just explode, and this huge hairy man just takes off running the direction of the beaver pond. The elder takes aim Boom boom, takes a few shots. They don't think they hit it because it was gone. It was moving. So he immediately he runs right back up that rise, and when he gets there, this thing jumped in the beaver pond and disappeared. Cobluche gone. So immediately they're all posted up on this rise. They're all watching this rise. They got their guns trained. They're just looking for air bubbles. They wanted to kill it. I can't explain why I didn't ask. I just listened. So they're watching the pond and it's getting on in the dark, and they realized, we need to set up camp. We don't even know where this thing is. It hasn't come out of the water. It probably drowned itself. Maybe we hid it in along and then it went under, and maybe it'll be floating tomorrow morning. So they go back down near the stand of trees where they were just firing on this thing at and they decided that's the place they want to stay because there's a couple already down spruce trees they could use for firewood, and they would just moneyuk right there and go to sleep by the fire and wait for the morning to come. So as they're walking down now they'd been watching this pond from this rise directly behind him about i'd say seventy yards is roughly where he said the trail was. And it's just a larger island of the black spruce and all that kind of stuff, and one island, I mean, they're sticking up out of the tundra. They're a little isolated island of small black spruce and various other little scrubrush. So they get set up, they get a fire going. Now it had only been a half hour, and they decide to go back up and look. And now it's getting it's not dark yet, but it's getting on into dark. He decided, I'll go along and be quiet. You guys wait right here. He goes up on the rise, and as he gets onto the rise and kind of peeks over to see if there's any movement, he sees it right next to the beaver pond, looking right at him, almost like he was just waiting. The harry man was sitting there waiting and knew he was going to be peeking right there, because he said, as soon as he comes over the rise, immediate eye contact. So as he's looking at it, he's going to put a shot right between its eyes. His word's not mine, so he raises his rifle and it dives back into the beaver pond. Now he figures, okay, it's holding its breath and this is the game is going to play, So I'm gonna retreat back to camp. We'll deal with it in better light, and he does. He heads back to camp. Now, before he even gets to camp, gunshots start going off again into the same standard trees they were literally right next to at this point camping out. The same hairy man was in the trees. So there had to been some kind of underground water source for this sinc to jump into the beaver pond and moments later came out of somewhere behind this stand of trees in another part of the marshy tundra and is now in the trees. His hunting partners saw it soaking wet and water falling off of it when it was making a ruckus before they started shooting again. Can you imagine you see something jumping a beaver pond and then all of a sudden, a moment later, it's behind you almost one hundred yards and your buddies are firing on it. He could only deduce that there was some underground tunnel or water connecting way, which is very viable. Anyone's been on the marshy tundra in Alaska, Nos, it's like a vegetative waterbed, so it's totally plausible. Now he's literally running and tripping and falling over these tundras. They got these little mounds that kind of kick up, these little mounds of turf, of mossy, very little berry shrubs and stuff like that. So he's making his way and he's kind of panic stricken because this thing just jumped in the pond and now his hunting partners are firing on it, and this thing is just screaming up and just making all sorts of rap. It would be unnerving, but these are some salty dogs. They didn't stop firing. One of them did because he ran out of ammo, and this elder and the other guy were shooting the same weapons, so they still had plenty of ammo. And as soon as he got to a spot where he saw a movement, he started firing into the bush. Now it's getting on in the dark, and as soon as he started pitching in with the firing on this thing, it went silent. They didn't see it move anymore. It just went silent, so they thought, oh, okay, we killed it. They didn't have a good enough light source to go in to the there's a little island of trees to fetch it and drag it out. So they figured, let's move a little further away from the trees and reset up camp and set a new fire over here. So they do that, and gosh, the brass ones to have this happen and go, okay, we'll wait. We'll just move a little bit of ways away. And so they decided that they're going to take turns keeping an eye on this particular area because they know that's the last place they've seen it. And they're all set up, and this particular elder takes first watch the whole time they got tunnel vision on this island of trees. Periodically, of course, he would check his six and look around because they're in a more open part of the tundra, so they're able to easily see around three hundred and sixty degrees. However, behind them is that rise that goes up, and on the back side of that a good fifty yards is the big old beaver pond. So he's cognizant of that. He's really he knows that the potential of it going back in behind the tree line and wherever marsh it came out of, and then going back to the beaver pond and coming out over there is very high. But he was confident this thing was dead because all the sound and everything stopped like it had just died. His word's not mine. So he's doing his thing. He's keeping an eye out. He does his first watch, no problem. He wakes up the other guy. Now Guy number three has no more AMMO for his rifle. It's miles and miles back to where they parked the skiff on the river bank of the Queen Jack, so he's not going to be of any help with that rifle. So him and the other guy had made plans. I'll hold the gun. They had it worked out basically, so I'm not going to go into the finer details. It just bogs it down. Second guy takes his watch. He's had to have been a couple hours into it, and stay tuned for more. Sa squatch out to see will be right back after these messages. Now, this elder said that he heard a very sorrowful, moaning, growling kind of sound. He imitated it, but I'm not even gonna try it, So just envision a moaning, growling, screechy type sound. And it wasn't coming from the beaver pond direction or this other direction where the stand of trees were. It was coming from pretty damn far away. He didn't want to guestimate, but he said it had been at least a couple miles away that they heard it, and it was coming from the bigger timber further to the west. Now, anyone who's been out on Alaska tundra, especially down south central, they know what I'm talking about. There's the Muskeg, which is swampy, marshy tundra, and then you got these stands of black spruce and whatnot, and they're just dotted all over, especially in certain areas. It's just all over the place. So that's the kind of train it is. And there's a couple of these little islands between that big timber further to the west and where they are with that moaning, grounding sound. He had got a couple hours sleep, so he was a little more rejuvenated, so he joined his hunting partner and keeping an eye out because now there's been activity, there's a sound, and they want to be sure that they're on top of it. They just shot at this thing. They're thinking there's some get back coming. There's another hairy man coming. There definitely was. As they're discussing what they're going to do, because they're assuming this thing is dead in the trees, and they're talking about how they're going to get it out of the trees. So they decide, they're talking a monkey each other, that we're going to cut it up into pieces and we'll drag it back to the skiff piece by piece, because they knew it was big. And so as they're discussing this, they hear that moaning growling sound again, this time way closer, like, way closer, and it should be in a spot where they could see it. And so they're training their eyes and it is pretty dark, and they got the fire going behind them because they don't want to look at the fire directly and have it ruined their night visions. So they have the fire to their back and they're looking out into the darkness and being smart about it. Now, as he explained it, he had some snuff, the kind of you snort or something. Forget the name of it. There's a Yupik name but it's basically tame. It's made from a fungus that grows on birch. Anyway, so they had that and they were sharing some of it, and they weren't worried, so they started discussing some of their old trips and stuff. They were just chopping it up a couple buddies. Then they hear that same scream at the same distance, and this time it caught their attention because now they see the figure. And he said, it must have been about four hundred yards away, and this thing was huge, very big. It was on fairly dark, but this thing was darker than the dark, so its movement stood out and they noticed it was running and then it would stop, and then it would run back and then once it got back to the same side. Let me preface this. There was a small tree island, one of these little tree islands, and the that it was running back and forth behind it looked like but what was happening in reality is it would run back over here and then once it got back to the other side, it would scream. But little did they know, they're focused on that thing behind them on the trail that s curved, little trail that they came around one of those smaller islands of trees. They hear a snaps, their attention off with the scream, and then they look over that direction. Now it's on in the dark, so they can't really make anything out. Now their trail back to the skiff is blocked something big screaming over there, and they're assuming something's dead right over there. So they know there's trouble coming and they don't know what to do about it at this point because they have nowhere to go. Now. The cracking sound and whatnot was one of these things breaking a tree, and they kept hearing this kind of sound like something flailing through the air, and it was landing in the trees in front of them. So the one their back trail on that little s curve of the trail is chucking pieces of timber into the other stand of trees where they had been firing on the one. Now they're being heavily distracted here. There's grunts and noises coming, there's stuff flying, and periodically the elder that shared this with me is looking back over in the direction of the big dark when they saw screaming and running back and forth as a distraction. Now when he looks back, he doesn't see anything. And then they hear that screaming moan sound again, and this time it sounds like it's right up next to that trees in front of them, and so they're trying to figure out what the hell as that's going on. Again, they hear that, and this tree was thrown land went right over their heads and landed right behind them in the direction of that beaver pond and the rise that was behind them. And immediately they're shook. They're like, oh, this changes things. Now they're throwing stuff at us. Now. Unbeknownst to them, this is twenty twenty high on his part. They were distracting them because they were going to get their injured buddy out of the trees. So when they were distracted the big one that was making the moaning groaning that initially distracted them in the distance, they turned around to see it dragging the injured buddy back in the direction of the big timber to the west. Immediately they opened fire. They just start shooting. They emptied both rifles, and at that point when they first started shooting, the bigger one was helping the smaller, more injured one. They disappeared into the darkness out of view. So immediately they're reloading looking in the direction that the thing was throwing sticks from. They couldn't see anything. It was pitch black. But they started hearing this huff and grunting coming directly towards them up the trail. Now, remember this is an S curve trailer and it's dark, so they could hear it. And then when the S curve got behind the patch of trees, it muffled the sound. And this thing came from that hidden point on the S curved trail up into the trees where they had fired on the hairy man just earlier. Now, when it got into that standard trees, the pieces of wood it was throwing over into there. Who knows why, no idea why it was throwing these pieces of wood into the stand of trees. However, once it got into that position, they were shooting at sounds periodically of the movement. This thing started throwing these pieces of wood that it threw from the one little stand of trees to the other one directly at them, very accurately. One of the pieces hit his hunting partner in the shoulder and knocked him back almost into the fire. The other buddy was woken up by this. Of course, he has no AMMO for his rifle, so all he can do is start popping shots with his pistol. Again, it was only a twenty two pistol, just for small game. That's very common. A lot of people have a small game rifle always with them, especially the natives, a rouse and rab and whatever. So he's ready with his old pistol and they're all watching the stand of trees. As these trees are coming in at them, they split up a little bit. They wanted to be moving targets. They didn't want to stand still. Now, when he's expressing this to me, this is the only point of the story where he said he really felt fearful. The rest of it was just let's deal with this. And at this point it got fearful for him because as they were dodging these incoming pieces of broken tree, it was like hitting the fire to put the fire out, That's what he assumed. So what they did was they were trying to make a torch real quick because they realized we got to go. We'll just make a torch out of this and we'll make a go for the boat. Dark or not, we'll have a torch. They had no flashlights with them because typically they weren't doing anything at night. Now, as they're fashioning this torch out of a torn sleeve off of one of their flannel shirts, they dipped it in some of the whiskey they had. Did they dipped it in some of the whiskey get it lit. But once they got it lit, there's still smaller pieces of this debris flying in at them periodically. It's not a constant bombard minutes, every so often their piece coming and noise being made, so again they're distracted. Now, just as they get done lighting up this torch and turning around to decide how they're going to cut down and get back onto that trail and follow it out to their skiff, they turn around and the light from their torch reveals dancing fire in some black eyes about fifteen feet away. Twenty feet away. One came up from behind as they were distracted, and it was basically just right over there. Thankfully, the trail they had to go to was off to their left from the direction they were standing, towards the rise and the beaver pond they were at, so they turn the noise had subsided once they saw the one in front of them would was behind them, but now in front of them. The noise behind them had subsided and they heard it run off in the direction of the big timber. So now they're like, okay, let's go. And as they're backing down to the little s curve trail, this thing would stay that same distance. Now they got this torch going. It's not very bright, and they're back walking with this torch out in front while ones keeping a gun trained on it. They didn't want to shoot them anymore. They realized they didn't want to do that. They wanted to go, and so they got past the escurve part. The whole time, this thing's twenty twenty five feet away, not making a sound. Everything around was dead quiet, not making a sound, just staring at them, every once in a while, moving its head a little bit, but other than that, it was just They would move and it would just move forward and stop. They would keep moving, and once it would start moving, they would stop, getting ready for attack. But that wasn't the case. This thing basically escorted them but three minles doing this exact same thing, and then finally screamed at him, kicked him around on the ground and grabbed tufts of earth and whatnot, and was just throwing it up in the air wild just making a weird display, and then turned around and just disappeared into the darkness, running away from them. Oh goodness, gracious. I've been in some Harry encounters, but certain ones like these kind of experiences. They have this real There's many ways you could look at it. Were they initially curious? Did we make mistakes shooting it? Was it an organized thing? They didn't know. It's all speculation, but it bothered him, probably till his dying day. But again, he shared this with us at hunting camp. There's so many variables with these things. Sometimes they're killing people, sometimes they're eating them, and sometimes they're pushing people out, And without any definitive answers, it just leaves this open thing. I don't know if all of them up here are killers. Never had or heard of a good experience, nothing peaceful in nature. There was always a predatory overtone to most of what I've shared so far and what I've been told over my lifetime. Be careful in the woods.
Speaker 3: They say you don't gotta go home, but.
Speaker 2: You can't stay.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be. We're all uppen. Try this job that chart everything. Pride back, joy for me, joy, stay right away. Concerns inside things consists aside inside and still start, said sass. Side side inside inside, stay still as fast, stay pass bas and fins and fans used PST PST