Speaker 1: So on the on the marker board here Ross has written eighty six. Casey, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: I mean that was it was a good year. It was good year. Yeah, what happened in eighty seven? I don't know, some good movies, some good games. I think I got myself a Nintendo was a good year?
Speaker 1: Oh well yeah, I mean the Challenger disaster I think was eighty six.
Speaker 3: Well, you know every year something, you know, some down spots.
Speaker 1: I believe was eighty six.
Speaker 3: Once again, it would be a negative, but I mean there's a lot of positives.
Speaker 1: A shuttle disaster, ure, Nobyl down here, I ran contra.
Speaker 3: I remember that taking over the TV and being so pissed off that price is right wasn't on right during the summer. I'm like, what this boring stuff on my TV?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good point. Just see old Ali do his thing. I think Oprah's show premiered in eighty six. I'll let you decide how you feel about that. So that's all it means. I shouldn't read anything into it right there? What do you make all that? For those of you who don't know, this is the James Comy, Like insta crisis scandal that uh literally happened within like two hours of me checking out to go take a nap. Yesterday, I wake up and they're like, indicke James comy.
Speaker 3: So I've thought about it, Yeah, and I think what it means is he's a colossal piece of crap that should have never been in the position of power that he had.
Speaker 1: But how were there signs?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: The funny thing is I was thinking about this earlier, is there was a time when we were like, oh, he's a good guy, you know, because.
Speaker 1: Of what he did with Hillary, even though it was like you didn't do anything with.
Speaker 3: Hillary, right, It quickly became a parent the more you looked at the dude, how biased he was, right, and he's part of the reason the FBI became so corrupted.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah, I don't think there's so for those of you, I guess you were under a rock yesterday. And he's done this before post random seashell messaging, so I like, the whole thing is weird. So he posts a photo of some seashells that are arranged, and who the hell knows, maybe he did it. Maybe it's a. I don't know, but probably not. There's probably enough moonbats near him that's somebody rather than just enjoying them. Can you imagine? Ross. I know you're not a fan of the beach, I know, but you take the family there, and Lincoln likes the beach.
Speaker 3: Right listen. I like the beach when I don't have to drag the cooler and the sand.
Speaker 1: Like that's fair.
Speaker 3: That's fair when our friend who has their beach house allows us to stay there. Dude, and I'm convinced is the navy seal now lives in Greensboro. He's They're a fantastic family and they have a house that they moved because he is in the navy. He went to Japan and he moved to Greensboro. He's out of the Navy now, but so they rent out their house and it's a beautiful house. When we get to stay there and it's like right on the beach, it's fantastic. I don't like dragging, to say, the stupid cooler thor the sand. You're setting up the chairs and moving everything, and then you setting that wagon.
Speaker 1: They're like, just here's this wagon. It'll be fine.
Speaker 3: But otherwise, like just walking on the beach being Yeah, I'm a fan of.
Speaker 1: That, okay, And so do you want to then spend part of your beach time slowly grabbing all of these shells to spell out political message?
Speaker 3: I think you know, no, I was thinking that too, because, like you know, when I'm on vacation, when we're at the beach, right, I don't want to do anything related to work. And this dude is such a psychopath that he's walking around the beach and you should be like thinking about life and and or nothing. We're not just clearing your head like yeah, it should be, But instead this guy's picking up shells and writing weird crypto.
Speaker 1: Passages about either he did or somebody did. It's ain't healthy whoever it is, it's so weird and and and because here's the thing, it's it's you can operate from the he did it, then him claiming he didn't know what eighty six means. That to be fair, I'm on the on what eighty six means, because I've heard it used in a very nonviolent way before. Yeah, eighty six somebody out of a bar or whatever, Right, that doesn't mean you take them in the parking lot and summarily execute them. That being said, it's clear that whoever wrote that, whether it's Komy or just some random moonbad who can enjoy the beach, thought they were being cheeky. Right. It was one of those where they kind of mean it, but they wrote it this way because they think it. Then you know, the Secret Service doesn't show up tomorrow, right, and it's fine for I guess as civilian who could sit there and play dumb. James Comy took a photo of this, posted it and then was like, oh, I've never heard that. I don't know what it means. I used to lead an organization that went after criminals that literally eighty six people, but I've never heard of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you shouldn't have been in that position of investigating things if you don't know what that means. Right, it's some sort of like weird Da Vinci code priory is ion where you're trying to give.
Speaker 1: You the perfect I'll give you the perfect. Are you know you went you went extreme? Okay, that's just like a big puzzle, you know what I mean. Let's take it back, all right. So you're listening to, uh, the tapes you have of Whitey Bulger Okay, right, you're running, you're running tapes on Whitey Bulger, and you hear Whitey tell one of his underlings it's like, you know, go eighty six that dude who won't pay us, What do you think they mean? Go pay him eighty six dollars. As an FBI investigator, you would hear that and you would assume in it that he means violence. Again, you can you can claim you don't know what it means, but then you're really bad at your job.
Speaker 3: And the whole thing, whether it's called me and it is or somebody else, he just happened to stumble across it on his beach, which I'm sure is like a you know, he's got a nice house somewhere in the beach he's renting, but he's just But whoever it is, you're out there and you're looking out in the horizon and it's so peaceful and everything just seems great. But then you're like, oh, Trump, and then you're writing stuff in the sand with seashells like you've you're mentally ill at that point.
Speaker 1: That is you remember, remember his first thing was he'd go into the woods. Remember when he when Trump for when uh, he first left. He would go in the woods and be like post pictures of like trees with deep I remember we're making Jack Handy jokes about.
Speaker 3: I remember that now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yeah, he's a weirdo a little bit, A little bit so A bunch of people have weighed in on this. Tulsi Gabbert's like, he needs to rest it today.
Speaker 3: You know how much politics I think about when I'm at the beach.
Speaker 1: None?
Speaker 3: None, because it's not normal. It's not normal, man, Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: Just some lawmaker has to also be at the beach, and then I'm and then I'm mad at the lawmaker. I'm like, can you go to another beach?
Speaker 2: Where?
Speaker 1: Oh way?
Speaker 3: Did you see this stuff? People were posting about what else they found after he posted his photo. I did, like did the AOC sixty nine?
Speaker 1: I saw that? Dude? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It's like Brian Adams like, what does that?
Speaker 1: I have no idea what that means? Well, what do you think it means? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking about the song. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just an idiot. I don't know.
Speaker 3: What does a snoop for twenty mean? What does that mean?
Speaker 1: I think he had four albums with twenty songs or tracks on them. Maybe that's not right, maybe it's the other way around. I don't know. I'm an idiot. I'm unable to sit there and read into the most basic, h little number codes that we use. And remember this is from a guy who his former assistant director. The dude he hired is the guy on MSNBC going Trump wanted the flags floone at half staff for eight days. And if you have one eight and then you have another eight, it's eighty eight. And what does that mean? Kyle Hitler right like they were all about reading into the codes, and he's it's just like, I'm an idiot walking on the beach. See this. No, he for the same reason if somebody else wrote that, or if he did. They did it to be cheeky is just the best word. They did it to be a smart, little smart alecy, like you can't touch me. Even though I'm saying what I really think, that's all the grand scheme of things. I don't really care. I care less. I care about James Comy, but I care less about some random on the beach because James Comy has a following. He's a former FBI director. He is the type of person and this is what they've always accused Trump of that can be a permissive influence. Okay, and it's especially bad when you're talking about a president who literally got shot, got shot here on the campaign trail and another guy was was shooting at him. He thought, but you know, literally wanted to So I don't care whether he wrote it or not. I refuse to believe he didn't know what it meant. I think he just saw the backlash and went I gotta get out from this. But just that's my theory. Now what are they going to do about it? I don't know. They still have an arrest of those members of Congress and charge them. That'd be a good start. Huh. There you go, there, you got you gotta This isn't some interpretive thing where you got to prove that he knew what that was. You have video of them, So I'm not gonna hold my breath here, all right? Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four A. This is how we start our Friday. Who the hell knows what's gonna happen today, but we'll give you a little lay of the land and tell you about our guests coming up next here on the CaCO Day Radio program. Oh number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. All right, let's well, let me do this. Just a reminder that to Pete Calender will join us. That'll be coming up at eight oh five, eight oh five, and we got all sorts of goodies to get into. It's been one of those weeks, as it usually is. We'll for sure be talking about the Komi stuff. I saw some stuff yesterday too, and I'm gonna pull it together here, you know, that whole airplane thing, which, by the way, you know, it's interesting because I see that there's two definitive thought processes on this on the right, which is good, right is? I understand that it then brings people to start screaming at each other sometimes, but like it, like the ability to actually dissent and still not get literally people within your own party give an you death or that's pretty good. That's pretty good. Don't see a lot of that on the left right now. You used to it used to be kind of a strength that the left where they could go big tent. But big tent spin switched, man. So regardless of how you feel about it, apparently that discussion about the delays that were going on with Boeing for the new Air Force Ones and the idea of using this plane that is not that is not used by the Royal family anymore. Over, there was actually an idea that was first floated during the Biden administration. Now, I don't know how seriously they took it, and they may have been just polite entertaining it. But it's really weird that we never heard any of that.
Speaker 3: And if we didn't know this spin, this spin would have been completely different. It would have been like Biden is so respected to gave him a plane, you know, bringing peace to the Middle East, and I mean, unless you just take our plane.
Speaker 1: Please, saving money?
Speaker 3: Right, Oh yeah, saves money. Yep.
Speaker 1: It's just kind of Trump's big.
Speaker 3: It's a big win for Biden. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's weird, weird we're only hearing of it now. But hey, you know, maybe they were busy covering his uh you know, break down uh uh mentally and physically. They were. They were very busy chasing that story, which apparently was immensely difficult to pin down. So uh, you got you gotta cut them a little slacked. Do They had a headline yesterday I got to read this headline, and it's just because it sums up how they're going to play this thing, and it's so annoying. Democrat senators now believe this is breaking from Politico. Ross, are you sitting down? We should probably do this officially. I don't want anyone collapsing.
Speaker 3: I've been prone since the show began.
Speaker 1: It's a Friday show. I forgot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know it's prone Fridays.
Speaker 1: Wait have you tried? Do I have to send an email to see if you turned off your turn on your out of office yet, even though we're not on vacation.
Speaker 3: And that's a good point. I should do that.
Speaker 1: Every Friday, every Friday six show starts. You should probably wait till nine anyway. All right, So, uh, big news herb Politico. Democrat senators now believe President Biden May May that May's doing some heavy lifting, may have experienced cognitive decline while in office. Breaking breaking news there. Ross has passed out from the g force of the Oh no, he's just he's just taken a little cesa there.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's an actual headline from Politico. These people are just shameless, man, just shameless, shameless.
Speaker 3: In the Ferry case.
Speaker 4: If we have a series of non plaintiffs have actually named people and they get an injunction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what we need ross over all of this news coming out too fast and in junct schon, have you thought about that so that they we don't kill the addis with a surprise when we share these headlines.
Speaker 3: I mean, what was going on there?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: I mean I loaded the audio and I have no idea what's going on there?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: That is what that is our newest Supreme Court justice talking about the uh birthright citizenship argument.
Speaker 3: Is it like a like a like a like a slip up, like you know, she's just like super excited speaking or does she think that's what that word is?
Speaker 1: But I know, Joan, I'm in June Jong in John Jong Jong.
Speaker 3: What by the way, we had a listener call it and say that that the Komy thing. That photo is on a North Carolina beach. Apparently Komy built out right right, But Comy built a house apparently in like a blue district on like Emerald Isles. So there's a good chance he could be listening. So if that's the case, I think we should reiterate that he's a colossal piece of crap.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fair. Yeah, we probably we probably signal out almost Emerald pretty good if we can get to top. So we can get to Emerald.
Speaker 3: But if he lives in a big moon bad area, and if it is real, like you said it my and I mean, it could possibly be one of his moon bat neighbors.
Speaker 1: No, there's pockets of moon but yeah, Figure eight's got a hole, which is crazy for you know, literally like the wealthiest island. Figure eight has a big pocket of moon bats, and so does Emerald. You never know when you're at the beach and all of a sudden the seashell event will befall you, and you got to sit there and share the message. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I was on the beach, oh okay, and I came across a bunch of guns washed up.
Speaker 1: Oh were they They were the ones that fell off the boat.
Speaker 3: But they spelt out Trump twenty eight. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: Oh no, okay, that's so weird man.
Speaker 3: So there was on the beach, right, You go to the beach a lot. It's my passion and these.
Speaker 1: It's not though you you don't all right anyway, ups, go on, it's.
Speaker 3: Kilos of cocaine came out on the beach and they spelt out not guilty.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, they had some washed up on the beach down by where cad doctor Campbell lives now, and I was I was excoriating him for being a woosh. I'm like, those are yours?
Speaker 3: You know, he's officially a captain.
Speaker 1: Now, oh yeah you got his Yeah, you got his zechut. You got a boat, the ocean boat, you captain. And he's all armed and stuff. He thinks he's a pirate man.
Speaker 3: No, it's important because they have sharks in the ocean, so you should have a gun in your boat.
Speaker 1: Well no, no, no, you should have a gun on your boat. Absolutely. I wholeheartily agree. And sharks are one thing. But dude, did you see the video of the shark cage down in Mexico? The all right, so let me set this, set this up. I saw this video when we were on vacation and you just reminded me. So it's a bunch of tourists and they're in one of those shark cage boats. So if you've ever been down to Mexico, you don't have to go to Mexico, but a lot they're they're in Mexico, especially if you're over in Cancun, they do these uh and uh like Mazulan, Acapolco, places like that, and Cabo does these too, And I don't know exactly where they were, but so there's tourists are standing there and they have two cages on the back. They literally just sit there. They're about a foot out of water. The top is where it opens. You climb in, they shut it, they chun the water sharks around you. There you go, super exciting, right, So the tourists are still on the boat. They're waiting to get in the cages. You see like the crew running around kind of preparing everything and then putting some stuff in the water because you've got to get the sharks near. And all of a sudden, this shark just blisters the cage, hits it full force, flying right at it, and I guess bends the bars of the cage enough to now be in the cage. And there is a giant bull shark or whatever it is in the cage. I've been a great wet I don't know what I'd have to relook at the video. It's a giant shark. It's inside the cage and it can't get out, so it's freaking out.
Speaker 3: Well, at that point, it's like the claw game, right, if there's nobody in it, you pull it out. Now you get yourself a shark and it's your shark.
Speaker 1: Really, you're gonna pull it out with what?
Speaker 3: I don't know, how does.
Speaker 1: It work another shark? Maybe it was the biggest shark. The thing was it was Jaws man. And these tourists are standing there. They just paid, you know, fifty thousand pesos or whatever to be out there. They were just about to get in that cage.
Speaker 3: I don't understand those people, Like I guess if it's fun for you, But when I'm on vacation, I like to relax in nuts dress and being in a cage surrounded by sharks and then like an air tank and a scooba gear. It does not sound fun to me, Like the opposite of like.
Speaker 1: Well you don't you can you can do it in scuba gear. Those ones are set up so that the top's open and you can you get a snorkel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a big no from me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't have you don't have to bring air and everything into it because they don't sink the cage. It just hangs off the back of the boat and literally like the top foot of the cage is air, so you can get you get a snorkel on and then you can kind of dip down there if you want. And that's what you're doing there. But yeah, and so finally the shark is literally destroying anything and everything.
Speaker 3: All of a.
Speaker 1: Sudden it finds the hole at the top of the cage and just like porpoises out of there, man, and then goes swimming off to wherever. Like your day is done, right, you just tell the crew like we're going in. We're going in now. If you're in the cage though, however, and the sharks don't try to enter it, you may be treated to what happened when I was caged diving with sharks. So I'm sitting there, all of a sudden a bunch of sharks show up and spell out words.
Speaker 3: Oh like what they spell like, we come in peace.
Speaker 1: It says we're here to serve men or serve man.
Speaker 3: That's good me. You should go on high high five of them. Yeah, well five, however that would work. Yeah, you can.
Speaker 1: Lamp or slap them or I don't know what they call it in the shark world, but yeah, they clearly came in peace, So what's to worry about? So so many messages in nature, if you'll just stop to pay attention.
Speaker 3: Those are the gandhis of sharks.
Speaker 1: That's a good point right there. Yeah. Yeah, the ones that are swarming now because there's a wee bit of blood in the water, those are the ones you want to interact with. Didn't they have some sharks in The Little Mermaid? Am I misremembering the cartoon? Did were those sharks eating people? I know there was a shark. There was like a big as shark in Finding Nemore. Oh, maybe that's what I'm thinking of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, where they're like hiding in the old pirate ship or whatever it is in the whole Those are nice sharks, right. I think one of them was dumb, right, I think that one was super mean.
Speaker 1: Oh no, okay, all right, well again this is why you got to look to see the words that they spell out. Though, you know, we don't have this. We wouldn't have this problem in North Carolina if the governor had listened Cooper had listened to us a few years ago. Remember when we talked about putting the when we had the shark attacks, and we're like, ah, let's put no shark signs along the coast, maybe like a mile out, and then no problems at the beach shark free zones kind of like gun free zones, but for sharks. And he never took us up on that advice. What are you gonna do? All right, let's see here, Hey, Ross, after the show? Do you want to shave each other? I'm sorry, what do you want to after the show? Do you want to shave each other?
Speaker 3: I would prefer not to.
Speaker 1: Well why not?
Speaker 3: Is why trying to let my beard grow out?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, I just been touched up around the edges.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean like I'm I'm really busy.
Speaker 1: You don't want the most comfortable shave ever? What the hell is the new Harry's ad about? By the way, Harry's is a weird company. Didn't they have like a falling out with like uh Shapiros with the Daily Wire whatever?
Speaker 3: I know they're still affiliated because at the end of the article in the prep has said like the final line was like, you know, hey, Harry's is affiliated with the owner or Jeremy Boring whatever, it is, well, I thought he no, it's the final line in the article. All right, I cut it out of the prep but it was in there.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'm so confused. So the they have a new ad and it's two dudes shave in each other and I'm I'm a little confused. All right. So Hair Harry's the razor company. Who's uh, because remember, Jeremy's is the company they started. Jeremy's Razors is the company that was started when Harry's decided to stop advertising with Daily Wire. Are you sure that's not what you mean when he's talking about Jerry Jeremy's Razors.
Speaker 3: Let me check the official line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So Harry's Harry's was advertised with Daily Wire and then I don't know, somebody said something and they did the you know, they allowed themselves to go ahead and cancel Daily Wire, and then Boring and whomever got mad, so they started the other. They started Jeremy's Razors as kind of a screw you to Harry's.
Speaker 3: The official line at the bottom of the article is Jeremy's Razors shares common ownership with the Daily Wire.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is correct. Harry's is the one that did the ad. Jeremy's was started because Harry's canceled. Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, they can't canceled. And to make a point about them being cowards, they started a a competing razor company.
Speaker 3: Right, He's like, you guys, suck sol start my own business and beat you.
Speaker 1: So the one that just put the ad out with two random dudes shaving each other in the bathroom is is Harry's. So I don't know what's going on with that. So it's that that's all really the audio there, because the ad is just them shaving each other as dudes do. Apparently I do. Uh yeah, it's so strange and it's not like there's not implied like a sexuality thing or it's not even that it's just two dudes shaving each other, which I let me. Let me pull the guys here, I feel. Let's say you're ross. Let's say you're at the gym. All right, you just got done with work out right, you go into the locker room. I don't know if you if you shower there, if you use the shower at the at the building, no, no, I drive home with my stink and shower. Okay, all right, Well you go in the morning, don't you. Uh No, I haven't done that in a long time. Oh okay, all right, And well let's say that one day you were you're pressed for time, and just you got a shower at the gym. There some dude comes up and say, hey, man, you need to shave. I'll shave you.
Speaker 3: Right, I punched him right in the face.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't know you you're probably talking to management. You're like, there's some weirdo in there trying to shave people. The hell's going on. Also, let me just say this from a guy perspective. When we go in a bathroom, that's our solace. We want to be in there alone. We don't want to be there in some other dude in a nice cottony hotel robe shaving each other. We don't want anyone in there. Why do you think guys go into the bathroom for extended periods of time because they just need a moment, and another dude trying to shave him is going to jack that up.
Speaker 3: The thing you want to do is if you are going to shave another dude, well he should make sure that you're standing side by side at the earinal while you're shaving each other right, eyes.
Speaker 1: Front, Yeah, which probably means you're gonna get cut a bunch right because you can't watch what you're doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's manly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, well that's fair. Whereas these dudes are literally sitting face to face inches away shaving each other just so weird. I guess we're talking about. Maybe that's what they want, but I don't think that that's prompting my listeners to run out and get some of these razors.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was just telling her, ass, I don't think you should take that plane from the UA. Take that up. You're gonna have Hodgie Gruper hanging out in the stowing away somewhere in the uh.
Speaker 1: Were you saying, Hans, do you think there's a Hans Gruber hiding in the plane?
Speaker 2: No, Haji uh Hodji Gruber, It's just cousin, cousin.
Speaker 1: I see, Well, I don't did that play well at the very end, I guess it did. It's gonna say he wasn't even around for the one with the plane in it, sir, that that's the problem. I'm sorry, I'm going uh, I'm going to die hard purist here. By the time we got to the plane thing and thanks for the call there. Bross, correct me if I'm wrong. Hans Gruber is long dead, right, he'd already fallen off the building before we got to the plane one. You know, did you like any of the follow ups?
Speaker 3: I kind of like the one and I think it's the one that people don't like, but I don't really care. The one where there's like a fire sail with Timid Timothy what's his name, alive font whatever his name is. Yeah, where like all the the internet and all the electric like everything goes down in the country. What does that like live for you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where he's in where's he in d C or something? Yeah? I like that or whatever.
Speaker 3: I thought that one was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're unning. Yeah, they're running around in the back of the police vehicle trying to do stuff. And then they had that big helicopter crash like inside the tunnel or something. Is that I think that's the one, Yeah, I you know, I don't know that there were any that were bad, were there. I was trying to think if there's any of the diehards, I wouldn't watch if you put a gun to my head, I think I'd be okay.
Speaker 5: With all of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the plain one was the softest one. But anyway, I thought that I saw somewhere where they were talking about doing another one of those. Obviously it wouldn't have Bruce Willis in it. Is that a franchise you can do without Bruce Willis. I don't know about that, you know, Here's why. Here's why I say that though. What did you think of Bourne? The Bourne? Uh what was it Bourne Identity?
Speaker 3: Yeah, with the no Jeremy rennerd Yeah, the Jeremy Renner one where he had like it was super weird where they are are pills. It was like there all.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I thought it was pretty good man.
Speaker 3: Like you know, like asset adderall or whatever you want to call.
Speaker 1: It, blue and right, blue and green, and I mean it was all right.
Speaker 3: But it was forgettable, Like you know, Jason Bourne should be in the Bourne movies.
Speaker 7: He was.
Speaker 1: You saw where he carved his name in the wood, right, he was there in spirit. I think it was better than the Last Born movie.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, that was a piece of crap right.
Speaker 1: Where they're like, first let's kill the let's kill the other woman because we kill all the women.
Speaker 3: It's very hard to like keep the standards and up to you know, like Mission Impossible. It's super weird because the movies just keep getting better and better. I've heard bad things about the new one, but I haven't seen it yet, so I don't have confirmed.
Speaker 1: Well, you've seen half of it.
Speaker 3: That's like a movie franchise where it just keeps going and they keep maintaining the standard of excellence where most of the time they end up like sliding and they lose it.
Speaker 1: They just and it's really it's an easy formula. They just get slightly grittier with each one. Right if if you go back to the original Mission Impossible, where they're you know, where he's hanging in that CIA room right from the core that you know, you know, the one. It's it's can't be compared to the later ones, but it all still works. Yeah, it's all good stuff.
Speaker 3: It's very campy because it was trying to maintain like kind of the feeling of the original from back in the day. Yeah, we watched it recently because I hadn't really seen it. We watched it and I was like, I can't believe, like spoiler when they kill off Amelio Steves in like the first, like two minutes, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, why would you set up right there in that elevation?
Speaker 3: And we haven't watched the second one because Marky said his hair looks stupid, Tom Cruise, But the rest of them are al stellar, So maybe two is like the greatest one, and I.
Speaker 1: Just hold on, hold on, you're not watching it because his hair?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Marky said, no, his hair looks stupid, and I was like, you know what kind of does Let's just go to three.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's the other thing too. You don't really miss anything that you don't pick up.
Speaker 3: I mean later on they sort of have like a storyline that they're following. But I think once Simon Peg gets into the crew, it's just they're great movies.
Speaker 1: I love Seymour Hoffman's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, it's so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's such a good bad guy man, so good. What was the who's the other really good villain I'm thinking of in one of the later ones? Now, I feel like maybe maybe if we get some next time it's just a rainy, rainy weekend, I think I'll.
Speaker 3: Binge a few of you should binge him. They're really good.
Speaker 1: I own all of them. I bought the whole set on my Apple TV, so I know you don't own them. They're digital whatever. I got you, all right, Uh, coming up on the show. Well, let me do this because I promised this. So jd Vance will be in attendance for Pope Leo's inaugural Mass that's this Sunday at the Vatican.
Speaker 3: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you all remember a few weeks ago that jd Vance and his family went and visited with the previous pot and and and then the pope died like the next day because he went to that Sunday Mass and what the pope died Monday? Right, No, he didn't die Monday, it was it was later in the week. But like, and then the internet started doing what the internet does, and they're like, jd Vance killed the Pope, right, you saw that insanity. I don't believe that. However, Let's say that the current pope has some sort of undiagnosed something or other and Jade Vance is at this thing and then there's something happens.
Speaker 3: We're probably like, we're not.
Speaker 1: No one's gonna be able to go to the Vatican from America. Right at that point.
Speaker 3: At that point he spanned and.
Speaker 1: Then I would also understand people getting online going maybe he's the Antichrist, right, like like I would be like, yeah, all right, I don't think he is, but I understand what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, two in a row, come on.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For those who don't know, let me just reset the story for you. The former FBI director James Comy posted on Instagram a photo and it's entied or it's a captioned cool shell formation on my beach walk and in it they have somebody and I don't know if it's AI, I don't know if Comy did it. I don't know if some random person did it. Whatever, it says eighty six forty seven, right, and he just randomly saw that and posted. And some people pointed out that to eighty six something is to get rid of, and that maybe just maybe the former FBI director posting something that says eighty six forty seven and Trump is the forty seven, well forty fifth and forty seventh president. And by the way, I've seen signs that said eighty six forty seven and some of these weird videos where they go try to talk to protesters and then they just get screamed at because nobody wants to have a conversation, so call me. Posts that, and then later in the day he removed it and he wrote, I posted earlier a picture of some shells I saw today on a beach walk, which I assumed were a political message. So he knew he got the forty seven reference. He said, I didn't realize some folks associate those numbers, meaning the eighty six, with violence. It never occurred to me, but I I posed violence. So I took the post down and everyone lost their crap. Tulsi Gabbert's like, did he needs charged like this? And I don't know. I don't know. Does eighty six always mean like physical harm? No, you can eighty six somebody from a premises, That's where I've heard it used before. They don't mean like take the guy in the parking lot and shoot him. They just mean you can't come back to this bar, no more, sir, because you're a lunatic. You're eighty six. But a couple things. One, the guy in the bar just got kick. He didn't get shot in the year last year campaigning for president okay, and then another lunatic trying to kill him while he's on the you know the back nine, so to say it, and it means to get rid of or to rid oneself of. How do you not interpret that? And so but James Comy pretending like he didn't know what that was. How how are you the FBI director? How do you interpret things? How would you? Let's say you sat there and there's a recording of some mob boss talking about some guy who, like you know, was stealing or whatever, and how he's going to deal with him, and you're like, oh, I guess we got it. He got a hotel room over by the ocean so he can see the fishes. Yeah, yeah, that's what I heard. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then later on they find him and like they dragged the body out and they're like, well, you know, he was on a radar, he was on our radar.
Speaker 1: He was on our radar.
Speaker 3: Figure it out, but we you know, there were no clues.
Speaker 1: What were we to do? Cement shoes? Are those the new Nikes? I don't know. I'm not going to research that, right, so I don't know that I believe them. And then somebody pointed out that he actually has a house at Emerald Emerald Isle. So I thought of a fun thing for our listeners and your kids can take part. Everybody go to emerald Isle this weekend and get a bunch of shells. Your kids love collecting shells, right, don't get does Lincoln collect shells? Is he a shell collector?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah no on the beachy he likes to walk down and like he wants me to put them in my pockets.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, kids love the shells man. All right, so this is it. And then once you get enough shells with with your little your little minions there just all throughout Emerald Isle. Just just CS right CS, because you got to put in code or you can write out comy sucks if your kids are industrious and get enough shells. But just put it everywhere and then I bet he doesn't post those and then your but your kid and your kids will have fun and they'll learn to spell. That's important learning. You want the you want the you want the kids learning.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: Just put him everywhere. We'll see how much he likes. Uh uh you know tweeting up for instagramming pictures of shells man?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: CS? Is that like C. S. Lewis or what would that mean?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's a mystery.
Speaker 1: It's a mystery. Be hilarious, or you could spell it all out and tell him what you really think. It's your choice. Unfortunately, though, I do have to make this transition here in just a moment, uh, and just tease you that we lost a Hollywood icon. I'll tell you about that here in just a few minutes. Let me grab a call, David. What's up, hey?
Speaker 6: Just one quick comment about the Komy thing. I thought it was funny. It would be like Comy's saying he heard the mob bass say he was gonna whack fast Eddy, and he thought it meant he was going to hit him on the head with a padded rubber mallet, you know, like whack him only. But my question or comment had to do with the plane. I don't hear anybody, liberal or conservative whoever, say how much money that by taking that plane as a gift save the country is just having to pay for a new plane.
Speaker 1: I think that's a pretty big Deal's mentioned it? You know, you're talking about four hundred million dollars.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, I don't hear everything, but yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I think, well, let me say this, David. I think that you can look at that, and also you got to say nothing's free man, you know what I'm saying, nothing's free.
Speaker 6: Well, he probably did it because they felt good about something in the deal, about you know, how it's going to help their country economically. I would think, I mean, that's what Trump's all about, or these deals to Oh yeah, they the money they're gonna made. The requestion was real quick. Yeah. I keep hearing the liberals saying he gets to keep the plane when he retires. I've not heard any of that. I heard it's to go to the Department of Defense, and assuming it goes to the next president like every other, then by.
Speaker 1: You know, by then uh that we should have the two new ones that we ordered from Boeing that we've already paid for. Is the right process? I have seen discussion. Well, let me let me answer your question, David. I've seen discussion, but I've seen nothing final. Where the ABC News story said, and and remember it was already way overblown because this was a discussion that started even prior to Trump. They said that it would then transfer to the Trump Museum Presidential Museum. I don't know about that. I would I would find that more problematic, but I haven't seen anything definitive, so they really haven't laid this thing out. So all right, sir, I appreciate you. Well, I'll have yourself a good one. Uh oh, hold on, let's grab Jamal since we're doing phone calls right now. Yes, Jamal, what's up?
Speaker 2: Hey, k C.
Speaker 5: I just want to say this and I like I just got to finished tone of Walsts. I didn't know y'all was talking about in the points on one of Atlantic Sea that was been there. I thought y'all was talking about when you you used to be a place called will Point in Greensboro there was a water park. But I gotta check that out of I was telling my wife while we was gonna hold But kse the reason why James Colemy and Democrats do things like they're doing because they don't fear Pam Body and they really don't fear cash, patail and the Trump administration. You know, I am a die well to.
Speaker 1: I just want to be clear. Tomy's thing is not it Patel did put a statement out. This isn't his bag. This is it's a secret service thing with Komy and that's the order of operations there now where Kash Battel should be in on. This is what those dem reps were doing up there at that ice facility, like yes, sir.
Speaker 5: And when and when and when King Jeffries came out and said what he said about Redline and what he was gonna do. Like I said, they don't fear us. All this talk about President Trump and his bo jays are gonna be coming after his enemies. They do stuff like that so they can get away. In other words, I say, well, if I call Ksey show and Casey, don't don't you know, don't let me have my rebel flag. Don't let me play Southern Dixie. You know what Casey's just gonna be meaning and racist. Well, I already know you ain't gonna let me do that. So what I'm doing is I'm trying to force your head for you to let me get away with something. That's all they're doing. And the Trump administration needed to start calling the moment. I'm a Trump supporter. I support President Trump and what he's doing. But when they sat there and they raided their ice OFFICI that the ice facility, they should have been in handcase, not just for the camera. They should have been walking in there with bards locking them up the same way they did. That judge the saying, And that's what people are getting really frustrated with Pambody about. She looks pretty, She's always gonna shaw hand it in Fox News, but we kind of want her doing a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't disagree. This is I brought this up with many a congressional interview.
Speaker 5: So yes, because I'm telling you they shouldn't when they sat there, Casey and they openly did that. You know, I was told that would insurrection me. I went, you know, I was in January sixth, and a lot of people was only reason why I didn't get arrested because I was blocked. And I'll tell people the only reason why I didn't get locked up because Joe Biden was pushing it was white supremacist and white people at Washington, DC. And if you had me arrested, would have wall black people? Was there black people support on Trump? It would have destroyed their narrative on So they were capable of going around chasing people around the country, locking them up for just walking inside the capitol. Mary Garnald and the DOJ. They did that. You mean to tell me you got this big, overweight black woman. You see her, she's swumming against the Ice agent. She's swimming against this officer and she's not locked up.
Speaker 1: And they're first thing was that I was outraged sitting there watching it, because I know what happens if you or me or anybody else does that.
Speaker 5: James called me, he was sent that. I mean, James coming. They should at least show him that the Secret Services showed up on his house right then and there. I love, like I said, I love Trump. Will President Trump need to let his aid, He needs to let his agencies. Don't worry about what the cameras say about him being a dictator or all that. You need to let them go and handle the situation because the Democrat Party love to do stuff like this when they're out of power, but as soon as they're in power, big will it like big will it like no other?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: It turned into dog whistles and all the rest. Hey, Jamal, I appreciate the call this morning.
Speaker 5: Okay, thanks Kacy. You have we can't tell tell Pete, I said, Hey, okay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well you know he's on social media telling yourself he's uh, he'll at some point he'll post he's coming on the show. So you got a thread to do it, all right, Jennifer, real quick, what's up, good morning.
Speaker 8: I've had a good vacation, you know.
Speaker 6: Other than that, that's the worst part of them.
Speaker 8: The thing about the air Force wanting to be retired going into Trump's library is the old air Force one that he's using right now, not the new plane.
Speaker 1: Right there's nothing final on any of this, but I'm telling you what ABC News reported. When I said that.
Speaker 8: We know what ABC News reports, I'm sorry, but we all know.
Speaker 1: Seeing I was pointing out how wrong and stupid it was.
Speaker 8: So Yeah, but it was definitely that. That's like when Carter retired the previous Air Force one, the plane went into his library, and now Trump shoid was one of his biggest straws in his library. Yeah, it was the old plane, so it's not the new one. People that are saying that the new plane's going into Trump's library crazy. That plane's going to be in the air for another forty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And honestly, I don't know if, depending on who's in power, by the time they get around to doing it, they may take it from Trump. For Democrats there just.
Speaker 6: To be spiteful, that's true, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Jennifer, thank you. Very much for the call there. All right, so I mentioned, unfortunately we have we've lost a well I was gonna say a star of stage and screen, but I don't know if this star did a lot of stage work. But he's gone. Yeah, oh, appearing in Happy Gilmore. Let's see what else? Just a bunch of stuff. Probably the most famous role Happy Gilmore was in Let's see here what? I was just looking at something that had all of the different numerous TV shows and films over three decades. Yeah, here we go. Interview with the Vampire, the television show Coach, night Court loves Some Ross. Have we talked about this? Love Nightcurt? Do you love night Court? Nightcourt was awesome. I just figured Ross would like it because it had a magician in it. Dublin is a judge. Let's see here the Tonight Show. Several appearances on Tonight's show. Yes, Gone is everybody's favorite lovable cuddle cuddleable, if that is such a word. Alligator Morris famous for eating hands. And I know what you're thinking. You're like, well, KC. Didn't he die at the end of Happy Gilmore? I swear I saw him as a force ghost, and that would be correct. But that was just a that was just him acting. Yeah, Morris, by the way, this is the this is the thing that's really weird. He passed away at a southern Colorado gator farm. How does that work? Have you all ever been to Colorado? They don't have a lot of cold blooded reptiles there. We didn't in Wyoming either, we didn't. We really we didn't have a lot of gators, not a lot of crocs, no canemans. So to to run a gator farm in southern Colorado, how the heck does that work so that all your gators don't die? I don't know the answer to that. But anyway, that's that's where he lived out his life, spent thirty years doing stuff. How big was he? Eleven feet six hundred and forty pounds? And he had a golf ball hit out right out of his mouth because you gotta play it where it lands, man, they got it. There's a ton of ton of farms that have movie animals in Colorado. If you ever go to Vail, do you ever have a chance or you just want to do the visit there? There's like a roundabout, because of course there is the main exit there. You get off the roundabout instead of going left under the freeway. This is if you're coming from Denver, and then that'll take into Vail Village. If you go to the right, it'll take you on this road that goes up the Eagle River there. And it's a beautiful driving get all the way up to like Kremlin, Colorado if you keep on that thing, and down to Boulder, very beautiful. If you're a road trip person. About five miles north of Vale, you're gonna look in this giant fenced area, I mean really tall fences, and you see wolves, man wolves and bison and all sorts of stuff. Don't really they're separated. A lot of those are like Hollywood stars. That dude who runs that that wolf is he had the wolf from Dances with Wolves. He had two of the bison from that movie, from a bunch of other stuff, and they used to do tours. I don't think he does those anymore. But he's got like ten really famous animals. I'm sure those ones are probably dead now. This was over probably fifteen years ago, but it was pretty cool. Even though they kind of look like all the rest of the wolves, You're like, oh, that's the one. So he could have just been lying to us. I don't know. But yeah, but you don't even have to do the tour. You can just see him kind of along the fence line. All right, we'll be back. Hang on. He was able to acquire your earnest p world all right, Yes, that's right. She loves going and seeing what they could. Have you ever bought anything at a garage sale or antiquing or maybe your family and it turned out to be a steal? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this ernest doll weight wheel?
Speaker 1: Done e?
Speaker 2: Did he?
Speaker 1: I don't know that I heard anything, okay, other than the super super Would you pay ten bucks for it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, it's ten dollars.
Speaker 1: Ten dollars. That's I agree with your total steel. Have they bought anything else that then turned out to be worth a crap ton of money?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Like I know her, Like you know my in laws, they own like a little shop, so they're always like picking and finding stuff and selling stuff. So I'm sure they make some profidence something somewhere along the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my mom bought a at an estate sale. She bought this old singer uh oh jeez, one of my sewing machine. And it's one of the ones where the bottom has that plate that's pivoted, so you have to keep pushing it with your foot, like old comes out of the wood. Custom the whole thing. She got it for fifty bucks at an estate sale. We had it, we had it appraised when she passed away, worth like five grand, some super old, rare singer thing. She pad candles and popery on that thing, and we weren't allowed to bring the actual inards out because it flipped out. It would look like a table and then it would flip out, and if we took it out of there, she got all mad. But I don't think she ever in her life thought it was worth that. So, but both of those pale in comparison to this. Somebody paid twenty seven dollars for what they thought was a copy of the Magna Carta. It's an original, Oh wow, yeah, yeah. Unfortunately it's who bought it that's problematic. It was donated to Harvard, specifically Harvard's Law School, by somebody who paid twenty seven dollars for it did not realize it was actually an original of the thirteen hundred Magna Carta. So that's worth let's see millions. Yeah, I'm gonna see if they have an estimate what they think this thing is worth. Dude, if you donated what you thought was a twenty seven dollars copy of the Magna Carta because it looked cool and it turned out to be the real thing. Harvard's got what what's their endowment? Like gross national product in California? Like they're sitting on some cash. You got to give it back, right, Maybe the guy's so rich he doesn't, But why would somebody so rich donate a twenty seven dollar copy? I'd a whole thing doesn't make sense. Specifically, Academics believe that the document that Harvard has is one of seven from King Edwards thirteen hundred issue of Magna Carta that still survive. That is that's insane, all right, So here we go. All right, so A twelve. So when I say original, I don't mean original original, but you know, basically original. A similar version from from the same King that was printed in twelve ninety seven recently sold for twenty one point three million dollars. Yeah, that's the holy grill. Now not probably not fine on one of those in a holler in an antiquing trip to West Virginia. But you never know, try to figure out where the dude got it? Okay, So all right, so here's here's how. Here's the providence of this thing or province of this thing. The copy, which was described as a manuscript copy let's see here, came to light in nineteen forty six via London book dealer. A World War One pilot Marshall Maynard bought it, I guess, so it is time over in the UK. And then eventually it was inherited through to whoever donated it. So okay, so they paid twenty seven dollars for it in nineteen forty six, so that does change it just a little. But still, oh, I mean that's the dream right there. Man, I just wish it was me. I'm very very selfish. What is this? People are sending me seashells that say, hey's for Sheriff. I don't think those are real. Here's what is there already there's already a mean generator for seashells, dude, the internet.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I know, somebody sent that to me and they reposted it on the show account because it's so weird, like what is the ocean? Trying to tell that guy, what is the ocean? Trying to say you posted it like it was real. No, yeah, I did. Well look at it man, those who look like some good dinner rolls.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, somebody just sent me one that says TB twelve goat.
Speaker 3: What does that even mean?
Speaker 1: I think it means whoever whoever sent me the picture likes goats.
Speaker 3: You know, nature is just so strange, it is, I mean, that is true, but fascinating.
Speaker 1: Some things are beyond the pale. In fact, we're gonna talk to Pete, although we have to scold Pete when he comes on because I can see Pete's prep list because he uses a Google doc. Tell me, if you tell me if you could figure out what's wrong with what Pete wrote? You ready, so you just he this is a list of what he's gonna talk about on his show. That way I can see it, so I know what he's up on. And it says, Comy sees seashells on the seashore. What's wrong with that statement? Comy c seashells on the seashore. It's by the seashore, sir. We strive for perfection. So he'll be called out. And then we got a bunch of other stuff apparently they're having some issues with their sheriff down there and illegal immigrants. I know you're greaty, I know it's crazy, so we'll talk to him. Coming up here at eight oh five. Let me grab this real quick. Sorry, we're kind of bouncing around because the comy thing hit like kind of after prep. So, you know, there's a lot of really bad ideas getting thrown around up in Congress right now. As we're going through reconciliation. Multiple members are falling asleep because they're at it so long, and then everyone's making a big deal depending on what their party affiliation is. That being said, there's also some, as the Congressman Brad Not told us, there's been some really like insane propositions being thrown But Representative Ayana Pressley decided that she's going to come up with the biggest thing that's never going to happen, and it's.
Speaker 4: A doozy discrimination against black people. We are in a moment of anti blackness on steroids, and we refuse to be silent. We will not back down in.
Speaker 1: Our pursuit of racial justice.
Speaker 4: The antidote to anti blackness is to be pro black, and we will do it unapologetically. The United States government owes us a debt and we need reparations now.
Speaker 1: She looks right in a in a proposal that would literally cost trillions of dollars. The Reparations Now Resolution was introduced yesterday. It's Anna Pressley summer Lee. I don't know much about her. I guess we're the two main authors here. And yeah, yep, Lee said, white supremacy is rampant in this country. Just look at the current administration, who have contributed to racial terror. That's great. So they took to the podium to introduce the multi trillion dollar reparations resolution, calling the event quote, why we can't wait advancing reparative justice in her lifetime?
Speaker 3: Don't you think like the reparations things the dumbest thing ever, because first of like the money's gonna come from what taxpayers or something or and like my family came here in like the eighteen eighties. Yeah, and we are from the norths though there were never we never owned slaves. But also you always see these specials world they'll sit somebody down and they go through their ancestry.
Speaker 1: That was a whole that was a whole show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, but you've seen it several times we're little sit down and it'll be some like militant or like, you know, black person, and they'll be like, so we went through your family history and it turns out your family owned slaves.
Speaker 1: No, the beer summit, dude, that was remember that guy, yeah, right right, right, right right, that that college professor with the Obama Beer Summit. He was one of the guys on there. And they're like, I'm sorry, you guys owned a bunch of So how does that they did it to ben Affleck?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so do they pay themselves.
Speaker 1: With our money? Well, now, my family was here prior to the end of slavery, but we're you know, we're out there banging around on Wyoming man, like we's owned slaves out there have anything to do with that. We're way too poor for that. Why do you think we had to go out to Wyoming? So to your point, yeah, I don't know. I don't know the irony of course being and I mentioned this the other day, the only president to not have any lineage of slave ownership in the United States is the current president. Literally every single other president in some way, shape or form, has a family connection to that, including Barack Obama, and had she become president. Kamala Harris. They owned one or two okay, the largest plantation in Jamaica at one point. But yeah, so this is it's not gonna go anywhere. But of course she got her press conference, so uh there is that? All right? Raced Agic from the Weather Channel here cleaning things up for the Big Golf tourney, getting excited for. Yeah, I'm already pumped for NFL. Dude's oh yeah, all the videos yesterday. You watch all the release videos. I watched some of them when I can, I just see the Colts had to take theirs down because they oh, oh yeah, what happened. They made fun of the in it because it's like a Minecraft uh huh, really strange, but it's it's all in Minecraft, and so they had like little skits for each team kind of knocking on them. But when they came to the dolphins, they had like a coast Guard Minecraft boat chasing a dolphin. That's that receiver got pulled over by police. Apparently we're not fun of people's legal troubles. So they had to take which means then came the top one on the internet posted.
Speaker 7: You know, anything that's not appropriate becomes the top stuff on the internet. That's just the way it goes. I'm right there with you. I mean, you can't get here too soon for golf, mostly dry for the PGA tournament continuing Quail Hollow.
Speaker 1: Champ Championship, PG Championship.
Speaker 7: Sorry trying to okay, Well, yeah, for for that. There may be some showers early tomorrow morning. The front's good weeken as it comes through, so early morning t off times, I may have a little wet wether than that. I think we're going to be in good shape overall. Our brother is going to be pretty decent. Partial sunshine today mid upper eighties to close to ninety. Now there is a storm threat. It's not great, but it's not zero. There could be one or two storms like we've had the past couple of days, and they may get warned on. We saw that to our east, even tornado warning yesterday to the east of east of US yesterday, east of the Triangle, and that could happen again today even tomorrow. A shower thunder shower around mainly before noontime. A smaller chance in the afternoon with some sunshine mid upper eighties for ninety for the Triangle, though the triatles stay in the eighties, and then the bigger change is coming Sunday as this cold front does get through, and there's no mention of rain for Sunday, mostly sunny, lower humidity, low to mid eighties for daytime highs, and Monday morning is going to be pretty pleasant, upper fifties to low sixties, highs in the eighties in the afternoon. The next bigger change maybe as we get into the middle end of next week, a strong front will come in. We may spend a couple of days in the seventies and overnight loads could get into the forties, especially in the mountains. So we're up for now, pretty warm. Last couple of days again today will get close to ninety. What did we do yesterday? Let me talk about yourselves for a second.
Speaker 1: Let me see you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, eighty nine yesterday and Raleigh the Triad made it to eighty five, so probably similar today, similar type of numbers, and neither airport reporting rainbow. Again, we did have some and I think again there's more wet than there's more dry than wet. But there may be some storms rolling around next couple of days.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, now, like I said, Aga championship, there you go. It's the major I write this down. Good stuff, good stuff. All right, we'll talking and I appreciate it. Thanks, all right. Coming up on the show, Oh, we got a wrestling story, not much about the wrestling, kind of sad story, but we'll update you on something there. And what a deal this dude, this Garner guy, got this double murderer because of a whoopsie. What the heck is going on with this? I'll explain next. So wrestling legend Jim Ross, no relation to Ross, but you do do a Jim Ross impression, don't you?
Speaker 6: Do?
Speaker 1: We have Jim Ross audio? I should have asked. WWE Hall of Famer aw announcer has announced he has colon cancer on Twitter yesterday. I will say this, this dude has Bell's palsy. I think, yeah, he's got Bell's palsy, and he's like had other cancers. And the dude just keeps trucking, which is impressive in the world of pro wrestling. Right. We just kind of come to realize that many of the wrestling legends probably ain't making it much past sixty. So and I think he's in his what mid seventies. Yeah, I'm just okay. So, yeah, it was twenty twenty one, Ross announced he had skin cancer, eventually returning. Now it's colon cancer and he's going to be doing surgery. Obviously, that's it sounds like this is more aggressive Ross, the voice of the Attitude era. Stone called Steve os and the Rock all of that.
Speaker 3: So I think we only have one piece of him in the system, actually one piece of audio, and it's really quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's him, that's the guy. Oh I hate this line in the article. Ross was the voice of the Attitude era boom in WWE. When Stone called Steve Austin in the Rock, allowing the three to rise to prominence, Jim Ross didn't cut his teeth on the rock. How long was Jim Ross around before the Rock showed up? Who's the best ww announcers?
Speaker 3: I am incredibly biased. I would play you Know where You're Going? I love Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan or Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse Ventura, but also like a close second, very close second, I would play Ross with Lawler. Okay, yeah, all right, and it's just one hundred generational thing, is what it is?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, absolutely, but you know we're the hosts, so we get to set the standard. He was inducted in WWE Hall of Fame in two thousand and seven, and his wife was building an auto accident too, Like this guy. They just keep throwing stuff at this dude.
Speaker 3: So yeah, no, the guy is like, he's lily like. It's been pretty rough recently for this guy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, two cancers, the bell's palsy, his wife dying in the automobile accident. So all right, well we wish him the best obviously here on the show. All right, real quick, and I'll get into more of this with Pete Calean, our guest, a Garner man who was serving a life sentence was released from prison mistakenly and then shot somebody a month later. So this twenty eight year old Jonathan Santillan was a teenager. He murdered the Mendoza's husband and wife back in twenty thirteen, sent him to twenty five years possibility of parole, and then and they had another sentence for burglary, and I guess he asked to be re sentenced. They take him over to re sentence him, and then the paperwork that says he's a murderer didn't go with just the burglary so then they gave him time served and let him go. And then a month later I charged with assault with the deadly weapon, intend to kill his shot some shooting at Heather Park Drive. Okay, I have a question for the people work in the prison, like you kind of know what everyone did, don't you, especially the murderers. Right, So, when the murder guy left and then didn't come back, nobody went, where's murder guy? And maybe I completely misunderstand how it works. I'm just trying to learn. But like you didn't wonder where the murder guy was. We got to do sixty minutes of radio. And to help us do it, our radio buddy to the South, who's got another three hour show he has to do. Pete Callender Middays WBT. How you doing, Pete?
Speaker 2: I'm doing okay. How are you doing today, Kasey?
Speaker 1: I'm pretty good until I looked at your prep sheet, Sir, what Tomy's seashells on the seashore? Yeah, it's by the seashore.
Speaker 2: By the seashore, But he was on the seashore.
Speaker 1: I understand that. But if you're going to use the nursery rhyme, it's.
Speaker 2: By But I didn't I didn't use the nursery rhyme. You did, but you did because Comy isn't in the nursery rhyme either.
Speaker 5: No, he is not.
Speaker 2: I already so I already abridged it. So I further abridged it while I was undertaking the abridging.
Speaker 1: Do you think that that's Ai somebody else did it or Komy did it?
Speaker 2: I think Komy did it.
Speaker 1: The seashell arrangement, you think he did.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, you don't just come across seashells like that and then post a picture. I have no idea what this is about or something. Oh, it was just an interesting rock formation or whatever. And then oh, I didn't know that eighty six mean to you know, kill eliminated. I mean, and in the throng world, like we would use eighty six when I work in restaurants that you use it all the time, and it meant to kill, like, okay, kill that order, throw away the food whatever, it's like we're out of something.
Speaker 1: It was, or you six somebody from the premises and they're allowed to not want to come back. But you didn't summarily execute him in the parking lot like I thought to be somewhat balanced on this. That being said, it's not the realm of some mirando, right, And I've seen signs at some of these Trump protests where they have that, so it's kind of a known thing, and it's just it's being cheeky and think you're you're getting away with something. But you're the former director of the FBI. And by the way, do you know what beach that might be?
Speaker 2: Is the robots?
Speaker 1: No, apparently he's got a place at Emerald Isle. Oh ah, so yeah, some listeners were calling in letting me know that. Yeah, so I don't know if that's the beach where the photo was, but apparently he's got a place there at Emerald Isle.
Speaker 2: So well, and apparently he has a brand new book coming out that he then promptly promoted after he eighty six eighty six post. He didn't immediately posted, Hey I've got a book coming out and all of this, So I think it was it was a designed play. It was an op to do exactly what we are doing, which is to talk about Jim Comy and how he has a new book coming out.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't bring up the book, you did, so I know who's working for Comy in this equation. Now here's Mike said, I've said too much. Did you see Tulci Gabbert's reaction? I would argue she's probably the most aggressive. She wants him in handcuffs today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, Cash Patel was, they're gonna, you know, they want to investigate christ.
Speaker 1: Secret Service has to do it. I could see Patel's things.
Speaker 2: So just to be clear, yeah, which is fair. And then if you know Comy lies about something, then you frog march him.
Speaker 1: You know, well, I don't know that you'd have to lie about. Do you think do you believe for a moment that the director of the FBI, because like think about him not understanding the nuance of phrases, like he's listening to the Gambino crime family, Like I guess he got him in Airbnb with the fishes. It must be by the right, like there's so I don't believe he doesn't know what it means, not for a minute.
Speaker 2: No, But if he lies and says that he didn't do it or he didn't know what it meant or whatever, and you can catch him in a lie, then you go full you know Michael Flynn treatment.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so basically his life from finance right from the exactly yeah ruin him. Well, let's let's talk about this. So what about those the congress folks that were at the ice facility that I mean, I mean I I've had two congressmen on this week. We had not and Murphy, and I I advised both of them that won. Those women don't need to be on the committee. Not's on the Homeland Security Committee with the one woman who I baffles me that you could be in a supervisory role for the agency whose agents you're on video apparently allegedly assaulting and I know you and I wouldn't get away with it. So no, But what do you think needs to be the level there?
Speaker 2: So this and we have to keep in mind that there is a difference between the mayor of Newark, New Jersey, who is running for governor and obviously a pr stunt in order to win his Democrat primary, because Democrat primary voters really really really like their illegal aliens, They really like open borders, and that's who Democrats need to appeal to in a statewide Democrat primary. So he is separate from the three congress members because the congress members can claim I don't know if this is a legitimate claim, but they can claim that they have oversight responsibilities right as members of Congress, and so they have visited these other or another detention facility, maybe two, and there were no problems, you know, spot inspections and all of this. Like we're coming in to you know, with all of our activists and cameras in tow just to provide oversight. And if that's the case, then I think we should ramp that up. I say, good for the goose, good for the gain. Or how about every member of Congress start providing spot inspection oversight visits to I don't know, let's say NGOs or colleges that get federal funds and grants. Let's just start doing congressional spot inspections all over the place, because god knows, Congress isn't really doing a whole heck of a lot up in DC, so let's just deploy them out as you know, oversight individuals all over the country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, why not anything anybody who's touched a dollar that came from taxpayers. You're opening yourself up to this, right, And what are.
Speaker 2: You trying to hide? Then? Like why don't you want this person to come in while they're you know, carrying in tow a mob of activists and oh, by the way, a bus load of detainees is arriving at the same time. And you are creating an unsafe, uh less secure environment and they tell you to leave, and you then and you know you're trespassing. And the mayor of Newark was trespassing.
Speaker 1: And then he complained that he find a full regaled Episcopalian pastor too for these things.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, the club that shows up in North Carolina used to show up with Reverend soul Glow, the buffet layer, William Barber. There's that one woman who runs the Rainbow Church out in like Hillsboro or whatever. And then and they're like, see that the religious community believes like we do. And I'm just like, I don't know. I had some pretty religious listeners who would disagree.
Speaker 2: So right, well, it's always been this has always been the uh uh sort of the the prized uh treasure of the Democrats is to get some sort of religious authority on their side so they can use that as a cudgel against the right right. They're very A long time ago, you ever heard of a they called the Better Angels where they bring in people on the left, people on the right, and they talk about, you know, politics and what the other team thinks about your team and all of this, and it's supposed to be like a bridge building therapy session kind of a thing. And I attended one of these years ago up in Ashville, and one of the things that the Democrat team was very sensitive to was this idea that they are not religious, they're not Christian, they're not godly, they don't read the Bible, that kind of stuff. They were very sensitive to that. And so when you get somebody from the clergy that will get up there and do what Reverend Barber does, it's like cat imp to them. They just they cannot resist it. And I'm glad that we have the Episcopalians to come in and say, hey, here's our line in the sand on the immigration stuff. We are not going to work with the white South Africans. That's our line, right, We're not. We will help resettle illegal immigrants all over the country, we will do all of that, but as soon as.
Speaker 1: You bring in some fifty in South Africa, yeah, we're out right.
Speaker 2: No more help for anybody else. We'll try to find some other ways to you know, serve God. But that's it. That's our line.
Speaker 1: You know what was crazy is people are getting offended over this. It was somebody on MSNBC was flipping out. I'm not going to dig the audio back out, but they're like, uh, they they took umbrage with the idea that people thought that they would have an easier time assimilating to America. And how offensive that was that. I'm like, they speak English, and I don't care where you come from. If you speak English, you're way ahead of the game. Many. Yeah, all right, let me let me transition your reference to doing a thing in Asheville. I well, oh, and I was also going to point out that what Congress needs is not what was it called something angels angels? I think visiting angels, visiting names. That's what kind of Yes, my goodness, because I don't know if you saw this Politico story yesterday, although I did. I think I saw you comment on it. Breaking Democrat senators now believe President Biden may have experienced cognitive decline while in office. Oh, I know, I know, I should have worn I should have prepared you for that. I don't know why. That makes me So, I like, they're going to get away with it, aren't they?
Speaker 5: I don't get away.
Speaker 1: I know the media is trying to. They're they're they're cutting bait on anything and everything to protect their own buds, But like, is the party going to get away with this?
Speaker 2: I don't know? So, Like I take one one development as a positive sign, which is that Jake Capper from CNN and Alex Thompson from Axios, who have written this book where it's called Original Sin, where it's like, now the truth can be told. We were lied to all this time, right.
Speaker 1: It's primary colors all over again. It's primary colors all over again.
Speaker 2: And so what I like is a couple of things. Number One, they had to go out and hire a PR crisis firm. That's good, right, That is indicative of how well this is going or not well this is going. That when you launch a book, you generally don't have to hire a crisis PR firm.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: Put videos out. Do you see the videos they're putting out of them questioning this, and they're all like post debate.
Speaker 2: If you actually write the data, it's all post debate. Right, These guys attacked any reporters. They they dragged like like Jack Tapper is the He's like one of the worst defenders. He dragged Uara. Trump argued with, there's oh Joe Biden. He's got a stutter in all of this, and when.
Speaker 1: He made her sound like she was insulting kids, right, insulting kids?
Speaker 2: Man, how do you how do you think that makes kids feel with a stutter when you attack somebody like this, yeah, and then she mentions, no, it's about cognitive decline. He's like, oh, are you a doctor? Are you a doctor?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: And then attacking the Wall Street Journal when they actually did a massive story on the cognitive decline.
Speaker 5: And what did he do?
Speaker 2: He brought in Democrats to push back on the Wall Street Journal. He never brought those reporters onto his show to talk to them about their work. No, Now he writes a book with hundreds of unnamed sources. And what Karine Jean Pierre has never mentioned once in any of that. This woman stood up there and lied repeatedly. And so what I'm led to believe here is that as a journalist covering the White House with experience in politics, you cannot determine if somebody is lying about the president being non compassment. This when you can see the behavior that would indicate that that is true, that it's just somebody tells you that's not true, then you're just like, oh, well, I guess it's not true.
Speaker 1: What if you don't deserve your row? Well, what if Jake Tapper had been walking on the beach and some seashells said Joe Biden is cognitively declining, then maybe right, no, then.
Speaker 2: The story would be the reaction to see. That's what we're seeing now, is like when So it is one of the rules of journalisming is that when you are a Democrat and a Republican, scandals get covered differently. So if you're a Republican involved in a scandal, well, then the story is the scandal, right, everybody focuses on the scandal. If you're a Democrat, then the story is the Republican reaction to the scandal. And that's why you're yeah, that's why you're seeing all of the stories about oh Cash Ptel and Christy nom and Tolci Gabbett. They're all melting down maggots losing their minds over Jim Comey because the scandal isn't the story when it involves a Democrat, it would be the reaction to that story.
Speaker 1: Who's all right? So help me figure out who's responsible for this. I don't know if you saw this. A Garner man who was serving a life sentence was accidentally released from prison because some paperwork didn't follow him. So this dude in twenty thirteen was convicted of murdering Maria and Jose Mendoza twenty five years possibility of parole, and then he had another active first Degreek burglary that were not running consecutively, I guess, and he wanted to be re sentenced, and when he went to the recendency and they only sent the burglary stuff over and then they gave him time served and let him go, and nobody noticed until a month later when he allegedly shot somebody. You know, it's weird because I read this whole WRAO article and at no point do they attempt to ascertain whose fault that might have been.
Speaker 2: Right. That's kind of weird too, because that's kind of one of the things that media outlets do is play the who's to blame? Game?
Speaker 1: Right, No, it's fair to go, how did this happen? Because I don't know about you. I don't want the double murderers just put back on the street because.
Speaker 7: Of a clerical error.
Speaker 1: Same though, that's that's me. But like, it's weird that they didn't go all right, Well, who would be in charge here? Who is it who has oversight currently? I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: I think didn't they move? I think the legislature put that under the Agriculture commissioner.
Speaker 1: St Okay, damn you, Steve Troxler. Yeah, I don't know. Maybe the governor with oversight of the Department of Correction as well as the Attorney General's office.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't Oh, and you know what, we've got our last two governors and attorneys general. They were both both positions like they would be uniquely qualified to like this could happen.
Speaker 1: The entirety of this going back to twenty thirteen when it first happened. Yeah, that's craziness, man, absolute craziness, all right. And then lastly, I just got about ninety seconds. I don't care if you're a Republican congressman, don't do any event in Nashville. I know that sucks. But the way that McClatchy latched onto that story about Chuck Edwards and their source is this dude who post Antipha memes, Antifa mem Yeah, what the hell's going on?
Speaker 2: And he and he's he's positioned as an eyewitness, but did you read the piece And he didn't see anything. He says he heard it, and it's just it's such a bizarre story. And then there's like well and the words suggested is used like throughout the entire story, like so and so suggested this and suggested that. It's like well, no, like you got a hold of the guy who is alleging Chuck Edwards hit him or something with a clipboard, and yet he won't go on the record, he won't talk about it, and no charges are coming anything. It's it's like, yeah, I'm not buying any of this guy's story.
Speaker 1: And they wrote that whole I was just and then you know Ap Dylan for North State Journal. Yeah, sure, she immediately we had her on because she's just like she dug for five minutes and was able to learn some stuff about mister accuser and apparently over at news and maybe their internet was down. I don't know, Oh, oh that possible.
Speaker 2: No, they can't find like you know, thirty year old tweets from a you know, from a college Republican, but they can't find uh, they can't find the Antifah posts from last year.
Speaker 1: They're very busy, man, very busy. All right, appreciate it, my man. We'll tell you next week. Okay, all right, and we will be right back. I can't put that something on the air because it would take Ross thirty minutes to bleep it, and then he wouldn't be able to understand what's going on. But you know who the comedian Tom Segura. Do you guys know who that comedian is. I'm sure you've seen him. Bald dude. He's a five funny guy. He has a new and you almost wouldn't know about it because they're doing like no marketing a new sketch comedy show on Netflix called I think it's called Bad Thoughts. Yeah, hang on here, I got it, Yeah, Bad Thoughts. And I had seen a couple of things, or they were teasing some I had not seen one of the I have not watched. I'm gonna watch the whole dang thing now because I guess they uploaded the whole first season and there's a skin on there. And Ross did you get a chance to why I sent it to you. We were at the break there and I know you were doing some of their stuff. It's fantastic. So the premise is cigurin his wife for at like a their kid's school or some sort of talent show, and their kid is is coming up, and then the teacher announces going to be re enacting a story with other students as told to him by his grandfather, and then they cut to the grandfather. Segura gets really nervous, and Grandpa's sitting there in his Vietnam war vet hat. You know, he looked. He looks like an old hard marine man, just sitting there, and all of a sudden they cut to the kids and it's it's like the opening scene of Full Metal Jacket Man. They're not holding anything back, and Sigur and his wife are horrified, and there's there's it's really rough language in there, and Grandpa's cheering it. I don't want to ruin any of it. It's hilarious. And how that got made and how that got put on Netflix would never have happened even a year ago. That thing wouldn't be there. There is not a chance. And had they put it up. All the moon Bats would have boycotted. Going back a couple of years, they still would have. All the social media wouldn't have allowed you to share it.
Speaker 6: And it is.
Speaker 1: It's really funny. But if you're one of those people who is easily offended, you're gonna be wildly offended because they take shots at the Vietnamese enemy. They take shots, they blow up a dog, not really but like and and Sigura and is why they play it perfectly. Man, it's really really well done. It's about three and a half minutes. I just tweeted it out. You should check it out after the show, but not before, or you can do it in a commercial break. Nuh, you know what after, do it after the show, do it in somebody else's show, But do check it out. It's really really good. Also Ross found more Jim Ross audio. I guess so since we got in the system, Oh my god, I don't think he was really broken in half frost. Did we fact check that. I don't think he was broken And.
Speaker 3: I need to research you some more, you know, but he he's so talented, Jim Jim Ross, just the level. It's just you're never gonna have another Jim Ross so but I wish him well, I mean, because it's sad what's happening, so hopefully Okay.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure. I don't bring it up to uh just bring it up because I know people love him some. Jim ross Man never turned heel? Did he.
Speaker 2: Have?
Speaker 1: There been an announcers that have turned heel?
Speaker 3: He's still his time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's that's that's that's a fair point. But like Gorilla Monsoon never turned heel? Right, why haven't they explored that yet? I'm just throwing out ideas for the w w E. You should pay me, all right, real quick?
Speaker 5: Think?
Speaker 3: I think Gorilla man Soon he wrestled, he was a heel.
Speaker 1: Oh well that's fair, that's fair. Did Jim ross wrestle? He wrestled too?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: I want to say yes, I don't know, but let me let me pivot over to something else here real quick. So I tweeted this out yesterday and I kind of ran out of time to get into it, but I wanted to nail some stuff down. So we are one month away, one month exactly. It'll be June sixteenth, which is a Monday, and then the entire week of an idea we've been working on. So obviously everybody knows what happened in Western North Carolina with Helene, and obviously if you listen to this show, it has it has dominated discussions for months and months and months and months right and the pictures, the photos, the political aspects with it, where it's like, hey, why didn't we appoint somebody with our former governor? Why didn't we appoint somebody to spirit had this? The stories about the National Guard basically sitting there just sitting on their hands, waiting for orders so they can go up and actually help, which they want to do. Of volunteers, the countless volunteers, the tiny homes sitting at the Hickory Airport, where we in ten minutes would have organized enough people to haul them wherever you wanted in North Carolina. And then the positive right for the Amish who showed up and are still building houses right now. It's been a really amazing road with what they've been having to do, and Western North Carolina will never be the same. I think we can all agree on that. However, one of the things that I have had a lot of conversations with people about are fellow friends who enjoy going up to the mountains, and they go all sorts of place. They go to Cashiers, they go to Asheville, they go to Sparta, they go all the way up to where I like to go up past Lansing in Ash County, mostly because the internet phone doesn't work, so I don't have to hear from people, and the trout fishing's pretty good. Wherever your spot is in the mountains. People are wondering, what how's it going to look, What's it going to be like from a tourism standpoint this year? Am I going to be in the way going up and visiting in some of these communities. Those are all very good questions, but there are also questions that can can turn people off a little, and maybe they make the decision, but we'll go back to the mountains next year. Let's do the beach this year for our big summer family trip thing we do.
Speaker 6: And so.
Speaker 1: I wanted to do what I could to give you the lay of the land and to really encourage people to take that mountain trip. If you take a mountain trip every year, whether it's to the same place or you mix it up. You just like going driving on the Blue Ridge with the kids, Will they you know, keep touching each other even though you told them not to. It's that's your side, that's your side, you know, the fun family stuff. I don't want western North Carolina to get overlooked because those tourism dollars go a long way into helping people rebuild. There are people that are on the cusp of They were able to salvage most of their business, but if they don't have that steady stream of tourists, they're just they're spending money they don't have. So I reached out to some folks, and obviously our radio buddy Mark Mark Starling, who does mornings on the iHeart station they're in Ashville, and started talking with him, started talking with some people on social media, reached out to some tourism contacts that we have up there, and so we're taking the show on the road. So the week of June sixteenth, I'm going to be broadcasting in Ashville the whole week. Now, I had wanted to move around a little, but there are some logistically and technically it becomes somewhat problematic. But the focus isn't just going to be on Ashville. So I'm going to make a point to bring in people from arious other communities, and we're going to talk to them and we'll we'll hear their story, we'll hear where they're at, and maybe that will encourage some people to not put off that mountain vacation, because at least you'll know what's going on there, and you'll understand why it is so important that we try to get what will never be normal the way that it was, at least back to normal how it's going to be going forward. So I am really excited about this. We were not able to get a permit for the top of the Boone Big Beer. Why do I have three emails on that already? That's not real. And even if it was, I don't know that'd be a good place to broadcast from because I got to the top would be great.
Speaker 3: No, the top would be perfect because the signal would go so far.
Speaker 1: But we're not. I'm not on a Marty unit. I'm using a damn com Rex to do it, which Asheville. I got a radio studio there, so if the comrax is an issue, then we got that. So we're not out a week of radio so and management likes that, so we're gonna be doing that. You know, it's not it's like a huge listener event. But if you guys want to come up that week and you're up and around, I'm sure I'll be tweeting out some places because they're gonna the tourism people are like, oh, there's some restaurants that have opened, some new ones. You got to try these, and you know, I'll let people know where we are. But what I'm asking you is not to just, you know, come up and watch me do a show. That's not what this is about. I just I want you to make sure that you keep the mountains of western North Carolina in these communities that really need your your tourism dollars in the front of your mind when you're planning what you're going to be doing this summer or what you're going to be doing in the fall when the leaves change. And so that's what we hope to accomplish with this. I'm super excited and we'll be kicking that off here one month from today with June sixteenth through the twentieth. I guess they're raised agic from the Weather Channel. Mark he knows Mark well up, Yeah, yeah, so yeah, this show is going to be broadcasting from Asheville. The whole week of June sixteenth, helping to promote tourism back to western North Carolina.
Speaker 7: So interesting, so great.
Speaker 1: And I feasibly could run into a studio together and yell.
Speaker 7: At you so oh that's watch out for that. No, that that that would be interesting.
Speaker 1: What time do you do your live hit with him?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 7: Seven to twelve?
Speaker 1: Oh all right, yeah, a little early for a break, but I'll out. Yeah, we could figure it out. I've time come back to break and it'll be me and you'll be all confused. Yeah, well, you know, first thing, one of the first things you learned in the business. They'll write his voice recognition, so yeah, it's crazy, man, it is. People don't realize how well I can pick out a void, which is why I have my old the guy co hosted with in Minneapolis for years. He'll call my phone and go, hey, it's Chris, and I'm like, one, it says your name. Two, I know your voice. Yeah, it's like yeah, I know.
Speaker 7: People, I never see it, right, Well, you have worked like you know, you feel best friends with people like you, and I never seen it. But here we are. It's like guys from a mile away.
Speaker 1: Your furniture, there, your little tights furniture. Yeah, thanks that or you're a giant. So anyway, yeah, mister mister giant. What do we got going on for the PGA Championship and our weather in the triad triangle.
Speaker 7: About stays warm for the PGA Championship Tomorrow morning there might be a couple of showers. Nothing that's gonna last long, So I think we should be in decent shape for the rest of the weekend. And today, try a triangle today. Isolated showers thunderstorm is the better chance up closer to the Virginia border, but still there could be a strong storm or two out there. Uh, most of us just partial sun, mid upper eighties. Try it closer to the ninety triangle. Seventies tonight and tomorrow we get a few hours thundershowers into early afternoon. That is the cold front coming through. And I don't get too excited. Still in the eighties, and try it a near ninety for Raleigh tomorrow with a wind start to pick up. It's not until Sunday you will feel a difference. You'll write this down. The air mass is going to be a little bit cooler, so not as hot. Little mid eighties and more comfortable with a drop in humidity, and early next week, a couple of real nice days too in the low eighties and low humidity, and then a bigger coal front could keep us in the seventies, maybe the mid seventies. A couple of days middar at the end of next week. So I'm a joint, not a bunch of rain. I think best chance as we go through tomorrow morning through midday, tail end of the weekend. Better first couple of days of next week, real nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, have you good weekend, sir. We'll talk to you Monday and we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning, casey.
Speaker 9: A stock market futures point to a slightly higher start for the Friday session. On Wall Street, All of the Future is up about two tens percent. Housing starts picked up last month, not by as much as expected, though the government says groundbreakings for how and departments were up one point six percent in April. Another report from Washington shows there was an uptick in import prices last month. Economists thought we'd be hearing about a decline. A two of the nation's biggest broadband and cable operators agreed today to a merger. Charter Communications is buying Cox Communications. It's a transaction valued at more than thirty four billion dollars. The combined company will use the Cox Communications name and have its headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut, where Charter is based. It will maintain a strong presence in Atlanta, where Cox has a campus. Businesses slowing their hiring and investment plans. The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta led a survey asking executives how they have been affected by the uncertainty over tariffs, taxes, government spending, monetary policy. Respondents indicated that on average, they expect to slow hiring by about thirteen percent and investment by sixteen percent. Help Wanted signs are up at Kroger, the grocery giant, looking to hire fifteen thousand associates across its family of companies, which includes nineteen brands and a case. The Americans demand for meat is increasing, according to the world's biggest meat supplier. The reason may supply a surprise you. JBL says the pickup is coming from people taking weight loss drugs. The so called ozempic revolution is cut into profits for a lot of food and drink companies. But jbl says people who are on GLP one meds are reading more chicken than beef. They want to add protein to their diet to shore up muscle mass.
Speaker 1: Casey, all right, everyone's getting swollen for summer. Thank you, Jeff, do appreciate it. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 7: Take care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jeff Bellinger there from Bloomberg News. Hey, I wanted to add one other thing real quick on the Mountain broadcast that I mentioned there in the last segment and talk for about five minutes about. But I'm really excited we're doing it. If you are listening and you are a business organization who wants to sponsor the broadcast, our sales department is now put in that together, and I think that would be a really good thing for your organization or business to be a part of. Right, so you know, if you want to be associated with that, and of course you do talk to somebody in our sales and if you send me an email and you want me to connect you, I will, Okay, but yeah, let me shamelessly throw that out. But no, I think this is I think it's going to be really awesome, all right, real quick, dude, this is crazy, this stuff, right, here man. So apparently some big TikTok influencer in Mexico. What is her name, Valerie Valeria Marquez. Was she just she says beauty, she has a beauty salon, she does beauty. She's got one hundreds of thousands followers. She was streaming yesterday and it's like Cartel just showed up on a motorcycle and literally murdered her on her stream. So, you know, in case you're wondering why some of us aren't on the no, it's everyone's fine. Let him come into the country. It's kind of stuff like this right here now. If I had to guess, I suspect that they probably realized because she's got all these followers, or at least they in their mind thought, well, she's probably making a bunch more money. A lot of these especially in u Lisco where she was, there's a lot of protection rackets, and I don't know, maybe they thought that she wasn't paying. Ola Ross had a theory. What was your theory?
Speaker 3: No, my first thought is maybe she'd give a bad haircut. They'd be terrifyingly if you if you're in that business and Pablo Escobar or somebody sits down in your chair. You'd just retired at that point.
Speaker 1: Well, Pablo did murder his own barb, did he, Yes see, But I think that's it was following Avianca, and I think it was because they thought he might know something, because they bombed that Avianca plane.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: I think you're right. It's probably more the protection thing. Yeah, but it could be a bad haircut.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know.