Speaker 1: Guardians tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: It will be their final regular regular season series and then they'll get ready for playoffs. In football, we got Thursday Night Football Tonight, Malik Neighbors and the Giants host Dak Prescott and the Cowboys. Cowboys come into this is six point favorites. Kickoff is at seven fifteen and you can watch the game on Prime video. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: Let's do it. Let's do it, man, you want the first phone call, come get it. Seven one three two one two five, nine four five. Disney Show Today. Send me your word suggestions for reading my lips. It's back at a twenty four metallica tickets though, that's Itchallica. Hey, it'll be DZ game before they go on sale. You should be very nervous for that person. Chili the same, it's Chili taking on Testa today. Don't worry about who's playing when you send me those words. Okay, you don't get this. You don't have to send me dirty words because Chili's playing. He'll get there on his own, all right. Also voting throwback Thursday, links and guests and first phone call. Let's go seven one three two one two nine four five the most interactive show on the radio starts right now.
Speaker 4: As you see, this is a Rock Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Thanks okay, ninety four or five buzz who Good morning Rod Ryan's Show. Throwback Thursday, y'all, it's gonna be busy today too. Thursdays are always kind of busy. There's Throwback Thursday, It's sticks to Gram Thursday. It's today we play Read My Lips. It's back at eight twenty where it belongs in. As we already mentioned a couple of times, it's for Metallica tickets today. Metallica tickets go on sale tomorrow. I gotta admit the curiosity got the best of me. I was nosing around a little bit on some Metallica tickets. There's plenty of ways to get in. Uh, there's Live Nation presale, there's ticket Master pre sale. If you're if you got the right credit card, you can get in. There's just a lot of ways to get in on tickets. So you should maybe if you're most of you are probably gonna wait till tomorrow at ten am when they go on sale to the general public. You'd be surprised how easily it is to pick up a code online to go and look at some of these tickets. So you started Ticketmaster or you just start nosing around on Metallica's stuff and you can find stuff. There's a I mean there's gotta be. There's ten pre sales. Yeah, there's ten different ones. If you have a City Card, if you have a Verizon phone, if you have i mean Metallica. Yeah, Verizon is in bed with everybody. Okay. So it was very easy for me yesterday, just as a civilian like you going in and just nosing around and taking a look at tickets. I didn't take it. I didn't take a stamp at anything. I'm kind of hoping for something good to happen to me come June fourteenth in Org Stadium. Last time I got asked to do a stage announcement, so that came with a great pair of tickets, and you know, I don't know, I'm just hoping that something awesome happens again. I would just sit on the stage the tickets.
Speaker 5: Well, dangle my feet from the edge while they play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that wasn't an option.
Speaker 6: Uh, you just asked for forgiveness on permission.
Speaker 3: It was announced the band in GTF. Oh, okay, GTFO, the stage get out of here radio boy. Hey guys, a little bit of a cool front starting here, and I like it. Okay, Hi today of eighty eight, that's something to get excited about. Ten percent chance of rain in sunny Skuys, It's gonna be a little cooler in the morning. Apparently it's a little cooler out there right now, which is great news. Busy, Busy, Busy show. Keep sending me those word suggestions as we get into that. Read my lips at eight twenty. Every phone line is ringing today. What's going on?
Speaker 4: It's not time for the first phone call of the.
Speaker 3: Day, Nathan. Hey, brother Rod, what are you doing? I don't know, dude. Every phone line is ringing. Why are you guys up so early today? Every line?
Speaker 7: You guys have been kicking butt all week. Dude, thank you, honest and y'all. I've really done it man with the chili sitting and him off the secret place and all that.
Speaker 3: I mean this this week.
Speaker 7: I'm a radio guy. You know, I grew up like you man, when my headphone was listening and all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: You know. I you know, I love I love what you're saying, Nathan, because yeah, we grew up. We listened to radio and it's still to me, Nathan, and I mean this to me, it's still it's still a magic box. It is it's it's it's a magic box. There is something just different about it. I got it. We talk all the time about people with their Spotify playlist and you're listening to these things and the connection that we have, even when you're listening to a podcast and you think, oh my god, I can really relate to what they're talking about, but they're not talking to you. We are talking to you every morning, and that's the difference. And that's that's what's magical to me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it just has a different feel.
Speaker 7: It's it's it's just you know, I grew up with my headphones on listening to k lol.
Speaker 9: Sure, and uh you know ninety seven and you know here Wolfman, Jack and all that, you know, and all these legends man, you know, Moby and all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course I know all those names. Steven's improve it, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, legend know. I just I just know you guys are kicking butt. Dude, you are kicking on that hot you know what For you to even mention those names and then give us a compliment, Nathan you. That's it's it's the best way to start my day today. Thank you so much.
Speaker 7: Man, you're welcome, Brother Rod and y'all. Pass all, y'all, Alex jump in, man do the sports.
Speaker 3: Y'are you're there then, Nathan, you're the best man. Thank you, thank you. It's been a fun week. I'll tell you this week's kicking my ass a little bit. Last night was so much fun. Ye tell us that. I well, what Nathan saying is like the old school you know of chili being out at the secret location and giving away tickets. That's all stuff that used to be done all the time. And then you know, you just have less and less people working at these stations, and then people get a little lazy. They don't want to do stuff anymore. Man, this show, we still want to have fun on this show. We still want to do things like that, and we are doing things like that. Last night. You could tell my voice is tired. I'm not so tired, but my voice is tired from screaming in the microphone and yelling out fifty names.
Speaker 5: Oh I bet you pronounced them all so good.
Speaker 3: Fifty pair of tickets last night nailed everybody's last time nailed everybody's first and last name. It was great. It was so much fun last night. There were people everywhere. It was packed. It was a mob scene. The next chance you have to come out and thank you everybody that sent in pictures and stuff. I stood there, I told Alice, he goes how to go last night. All I did was I got there and I took a picture with somebody. Hey, can we get a picture?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 3: Of course, we can get a picture. Thanks for coming out. Then somebody stood behind them, Can we get a picture? Short? And then somebody stood behind them, And then a line formed and there was a thirty person line. All I did was I said, I'll be right back. I stopped line, I ran up on stage, interrupted Rosie, gave away ten tickets, came back, got in line for two hours straight. I just took pictures with people. That's it. I didn't walk around the bar all I didn't see any of my friends, and it's gonna.
Speaker 8: Be to you.
Speaker 3: I just stood there in a line and we just took pictures with people and talked to them about Hey, Rod, this is this is what I do in the morning, and this is how long I've been listening, and hey, here's a tough situation that I've been in, and you guys got me through that. I talked to every single person and it was so awesome last night. It was so much fun. I could only imagine that was a Wednesday night. What's Saturday going to be like at Onion Creek. It's gonna be a madhouse Saturday two to four Onion Creek. I'll be bringing a ton of tickets with me. It's already their wing Fest, so Gunner's already got a huge party planned. But now we're adding rod Ryan Show twentith anniversary party tickets. We're gonna bring a ton of them. I'm bringing a bunch of stuff Saturday two to four. Chili's got an event page on Facebook. Can't wait to see you guys out this weekend. All right, quick break. When we come back at Direct you before you will find out what's training and then we'll get set up for our fresh out of bed head to head challenge, The Buzz Rock and The rod Ryan Morning Show six ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. See nothing about a ten percent chance of rain, like no rain at all tonight. Sub these guys for your day high of around eighty eight. Maybe get outside and do something you haven't done in a while. Feel good out there today. What's trending? Please?
Speaker 5: I guess people at the Oakland A's game last night were like ripping the seats out of the stands and taking them away.
Speaker 3: Stadium going away. Yeah okay, and it should be.
Speaker 2: It's rotting, But they were going, like the manager that the A's was going to address the crowd, and the like owner in security is like, just get the f out of the stadium, Like, don't there's gonna go runner on the field, Just just.
Speaker 1: Get away, get with the stadium rotting. Well, I just read about it. I didn't see anything happening though.
Speaker 3: Okay. I don't know if there's people.
Speaker 2: Who are very mad at John Fisher, that's the honor of the Green Day was playing there earlier this month, and they were like, f John Fisher, And who's.
Speaker 3: The guy that owns the who probably paid them to play? Very likely? But Unit Day is so punk.
Speaker 5: Okay, So that's that. Also, did you see that they announced some of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame performers and presenters, so Buster Rhymes, Doctor Dre, Debbie Levado, Dualipa, James Taylor, Jelly Roll, Keith Urban, Methadvan, Sami Hagar, Slash the Roots. Those are all going to be some performers and presenters at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I put that deep on the music blog page. I don't know who cares about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it'll be on Hulu and Disney Plus. I believe they're doing like a three hour special on New Year's.
Speaker 3: Day when we talk about who's going into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I know, we take time and we cover that and then I get upset for no reason. But you know who's playing at it and all that, I don't know. I mean, it's on the music blog page.
Speaker 9: Shut up.
Speaker 6: Hooters is looking for support.
Speaker 5: The revenues are sagging and they announced closures and they said it was pre sure from current market conditions.
Speaker 6: They said they're going to continue to open you locations.
Speaker 5: The chain has around three hundred million dollars in asset backed bonds to replay. But yeah, Hooter's not doing so great.
Speaker 6: That's what's trending.
Speaker 3: On ninety four five the bushel Chilly's still a customer at Hooters. I tried to be.
Speaker 6: It was very lacking.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 5: It was very yeah, lacking black Lester so as he's.
Speaker 3: Trying to still keep it going. Good morning, everybody, this is Sean. You're fresh out of bed. Head ahead two day Champions.
Speaker 11: Sometimes you gotta get punched in the mouth to snap into the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like Rambow.
Speaker 5: Dude, whoops, I mean Rocky, join me on Thursday when I make you win number three bitches.
Speaker 3: Seven one three if you if you want to play the Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the busy sermon before we go ninety four or five bus I'm hoping to come up some time later today for a discussion that's going to probably start out with green Day. I did not know that. Some fun facts for you guys before we even do that segment. Five hundred thousand albums sold in America. You get a gold record, a million albums sold, you get a platinum record, Okay, ten million album You know this because she's got two of them. Shania Twain Diamond diamond, Okay, diamond, double diamond, twenty million albums, Dookie twenty million albums. Wow, there's only thirteen. There's only thirteen albums in America. There's only thirteen albums that have sold twenty million plus copies. No band, there's no repeats on there, and Green Day is one of them. That's crazy, that's insane, pretty significant. You're gonna see Floyd, You're gonna see Zeppelin, You're gonna see Garth Brooks, you're gonna see ac DC. Only thirteen artists have ever done that. And that's song right there is from a twenty million selling album, Outrageous. I didn't know that. I really do want to get into that later on today on the show. If you want to talk a little music, stick around with us. Okay, sunny skuys today only get ten percent chance of rain highs of around eighty eight. Let's play a game and now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge, listeners to your corners. Come on, Hey Sean, Hey, good morning y'all. Was the Rambow rocky thing really necessary? I mean, nah, was it necessary? I liked it?
Speaker 8: I like that.
Speaker 3: I think it had to be. All right, Sean, you're going for win number three today? Yes, sir, okay, you take it on. JJ. What's this guy's story? Hey, JJ, brother Ron, what's going on? What's up? Man U? Have much shining down, Bro? Why do I feel like you just played. It's been over a month.
Speaker 7: I've been waiting.
Speaker 3: I'm not very good, but I'm here to play. Brother. So just over a month ago you played. It was about it was about mid August, Yes, sir, Okay, Well, what's the secret to getting back on? Lots? Just keep calling? Okay, all right, Sean tell me. Sean's telling me he can't get through over here. That's why he's starts trying to win what he knows.
Speaker 4: This is it.
Speaker 3: Now, You've got to start thinking, anybody that gets on the game, your time is near.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you got to.
Speaker 3: Start thinking that's it. If I got to wait thirty days now, I'm like, wait, I'm at the ass end of October getting back on, and then the tournament starts. You know you're running out of time. You really got to get in, Sean JJ, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. What are they playing for?
Speaker 5: I have a pair of tickets to see see they're in Skillets. They're playing White Oak Music Hall October fifth plus. This is the one where you and I guess we'll be able to meet see their backstage at the show.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, I know, all right, when he is going back there, one of you is going back there, act like you're you know, you've met a famous person before. People.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't embarrass us. Don't embarrass us or yourself.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ, JJ, don't embarrass me, you too, Sean? All right, goode. Here comes your questions. Ready, here we go. Question number one, what do you want to score if you play soccer? Sean? Sean? Sean a goal?
Speaker 6: I'm just hoping you would say.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's going to do the whole broadcast thing. Boy, that was really close. I agree with the team. Here, Sean did get in first. JJ, you were right there. You gotta just so close. So here we go. Ready, here we go. Okay, he's ready now, all right, here here we go. Question number two, What state?
Speaker 7: Sean?
Speaker 3: Dude, there's fifty of them? What are you doing? You go ahead? Texas? I mean that's what I would say if I did something so silly like you just did so with I guess what I would do. But you're wrong, So forty nine to go, JJ? What state? What state is Tallahassee the capital of Florida. Yeah, it's a home away from home for shineown Florida.
Speaker 6: They're bracing right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah they are. Okay, JJ's got one. Shawn's got one. Shawn's wild wild date nobody has in the history of what state. Nobody's ever said their name and gotten it right. All right, here we go for the win. What can birds do when they flap their wings and take off, Sean? They fly? Yeah they do. JJ, you did pretty good.
Speaker 7: Bro, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Always a little bit slow, but I'll be back in the month. Okay, you know what, and I believe you. Somehow he gets through, somehow he gets through. Hey, Sean, that's three in a row for you. Congratulations, Thank you you? Uh you want to play tomorrow? Yees?
Speaker 4: Sir? I do?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, hang on, let's see we get JJ some of that Shine Down as a party gifts rod Ryan Show. All right, Adam up on the bus, ninety four or five the bus, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. It's shine Down. People ask are they headlining the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party? Yeah, kind of, kind of, honest. I haven't even seen a set list either, or like set times. People are asking for that. I've asked Wizard for that too. I'm assuming Shine Doown is gonna go on last you got Sublime Blue October theter we didn xs. I think we're gonna play that new X song today on the show. And then he got Rosie. Now I know Rosie's going to open. I talked to the guys. They're so excited they played last night. They did a brilliant job last night at the home run. Dugout out in Katie. Thank you to everybody that came out. I did put some pictures up on the Instagram. If you're following us, or if you're not following us, you should be. But GI give us a listen, give us a look at rod Ryan Show on the IG. But Rosie did a great job last night as we blew out a ton of tickets to the rod Ryan Show twenty fanniversary party October twelfth. Carbak Brewery Chili has them today on Know the Show. Yeah, they gotta wait till the whole You gotta listen to the whole damn thing today to win some tickets to the twenty f aniversary party. Bring that champion man, he's playing lights out, fresh out of bed. Head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 11: Good morning, everybody, this is Sean's you're fresh out of bed, hit the head three day champion.
Speaker 3: Getting the job done every damn morning. Me our free beer Friday as I make it win number four it is there you go, man, his confidence is building each and every day. That's great. Uh, let's see flashback. Ooh, Academy Sports and Outdoors. Got another one of those two hundred dollars gift cards coming up. But first, it's got fuck that's of the day. We make you look smart in front of your buddies.
Speaker 12: It's the fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 3: He got some fun facts for you today. You think the most famous guy in the Federal Witness Protection Program is Henry Hill because of the movie Goodfellas, it's probably, like, I mean, he's the only guy I know off the top of my head that's in the Federal Witness Protection Program or was put in that because he was a mobster, right, talked about it, Yeah, yeah, and then he talked about it. More than nineteen thousand people have been relocated with the US Federal Witness Protection Program. Not a single one of them has been tracked down by the criminals they were hiding from. Yeah, you know what, that's another point, like there's funny. There's plenty of people that will not believe anything that the US federal government will tell us. But they claim that when they say they scrub you and they give you a new identity and they move you out in the middle of nowhere, they say that you are a lock to be safe.
Speaker 1: You know, you still got your head on the whole rest of your life.
Speaker 3: I know, every time you went to the grocery store, you'd be freaking out high. Hell, good morning, Rod, Good to see you, bro. You could fit sixty three earths inside uranus? Wow? Sorry, can we still have fun here? That's real. That's a real fun fact. I mean, whether you find it whenever, whether or not you find it funny, is on you. Sixty three earths fit inside uranus.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 3: Not quite as big as I thought. The final fun fact for you today, only two football players have ever worn a triple digit number. That's neat. There was a kicker at There was a kicker at the University of Kansas, Old Bill Bell. Everybody remembers Bill Bell. He wore the number one hundred and nineteen sixty nine ont of the one hundredth anniversary of college football. And then there was another kicker. So only two football players and they happen to both be kickers. Kicker at West Virginia University, Old Chuck Kinder. Oh yeah, Chuck Kinder wore the number one hundred in nineteen sixty three for the state's centennial. Oh, it's the fuck that's in the day. We make you look smart, everybody, it's the fuck that.
Speaker 14: To the day.
Speaker 5: Okay, what you give me a wi I've got a two hundred dollars Academy gift card celebrating twenty years at the Rod Ryan Show in Houston.
Speaker 3: All right, see if we can trip you up on this. Americans eat five hundred and fifty four million tacos from this place every year. It's about one thousand a minute seven one three two one two five nine four five tricky. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain cash. How many of those can you fit? Those tacos? They're the small ones over there, right, A small one? Oh yeah, well, don't say where you're regular size? I think?
Speaker 8: Okay, I can't even. They're really flat and kind of greasy, good for hangovers.
Speaker 3: How many do on Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 8: Mix Day on Wall Street? The Dallas down two hundred and ninety three points. Kick off this morning at nine forty one, nine hundred and fourteen NASDAC up seven to twenty eight thousand, eighty two bench martin Your treasuries trading at a three point seven seven percent in oil trades it sixty nine dollars twenty cents a barrel to the most actives, the big studs, Intel, Salesforce and Mark the big duds, m Jen, Boeing and Chevron. The economic calendar this morning's pretty crowded. We'll get durable goods also pending home sales for August right now, futures hey either on the p side than say, if we hang on to this will be a pause opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 8: I'm out here. This is Halan Manatu, director with the Ram James porter for the ride round show from Ramon James on Saan Fleep and Augusta and no forget to always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 15: Famian's expressed are those of Holland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and Associates. Income Ever, NYT as IBC, I ART Radio or A sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmiss We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is for educational and informational Nervises on lasts and duds are based on movement.
Speaker 4: As reported by Jane.
Speaker 11: Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative All Day Am, The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four, five, the Bus.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan Show. Sure, good morning. Who's this Hilary? Hi, Larry, how are you good?
Speaker 16: I'm touched in you?
Speaker 12: In fun fact, occasionally I said one then yesterday, as a matter of.
Speaker 3: Fact, appreciate it, Larry. Keep them coming. I use them. This one here, I shouldn't be able to trip you up. Then, Americans eat five hundred and fifty four million tacos from this place every year. It's about a thousand a minute. What's the place? Checking the box?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: You make it sound like you were listening yesterday When I said it every morning, I thought for shows going to get somebody to trip up and just take a guess at Taco bell. No, that's that's our friend Jack, the guy in the box, the sassy one. Hey, Larry, you're the winner. What are you get them giving them?
Speaker 5: Dude, you're yet two hundred dollars Academy gift card.
Speaker 6: Congratulations, Thank you on I need it.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Larry, appreciating you.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 3: Keep sending me those fun facts. Okay, okay, And just so you know there's no inside trading here, Larry did not send me that particular fun fact, but he does send some great ones in It's ninety four to five the buzz Monday, ninety four or five the buzz Braggy Benjamin is so cold. I wouldn't exactly call it cold, but cooling off outside. Yes, Hi, today of eighty eight. That means we're gonna be like meandering in the mid eighties for a good chunk of today, which is great news. I see nothing about a ten percent chance of rain, sunny skies. It's just around the corner fall, y'all.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: I know it's officially fall, but hasn't really felt much like that, so I know. I'm like you. I get excited about it too, because I want to spend a little bit more time outdoors. Lincoln Park tickets coming up, next hour, Lincoln Park. Yeah, I'm getting lit up a little bit, like, dude, what's up with no Houston date? Like it's like I'm the one that told Lincoln Park not to come here. Of course I want Lincoln Park to come here. They're playing Arlington right now. Don't worry. This is the first round of dates and they're they're squeezing in a bunch of dates. You got to realize how quickly this thing is moving. We just announced the Metallica that shows in July. Guys, this show that Lincoln Park is doing is in a couple of weeks. It's November eight, So they're getting in a bunch of dates before Christmas, which is really wild. Bands don't do that anymore. Going, they're gonna be busy all twenty twenty five. They're gonna come here. I don't know for a fact, but I'm going to tell you I feel really good they're gonna come here. Okay, So I'll have tickets for you for the Arlington show. I know it's still exciting. Read my lips is at a twenty. That's for Metallica tickets. Seven of your word suggestions. Rod at the buzz dot Com, Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Flights are being canceled are delayed across the southeast is Hurricane Helene approaches Florida the Gulf coast.
Speaker 8: There.
Speaker 5: At last check, more than eleven hundred flights were canceled in the US, many of them into or out of Tampa International Airport. Nearly four hundred flights have been delayed, according to a flight track or flight aware. Helene is set to make landfall in Florida's Big Ben region tonight. So, as I mentioned earlier, Florida is bracing for this hurricane. Definitely want to pray for our you know, for our fellow Americans over there. Okay. Applications to write refinance a home have surge. According to the Mortgage Bankers Association seasonally adjusted index, applications to refinance a home loan rose twenty percent last week from the week before Compared to the same week a year ago. Demand is a whopping one hundred and seventy five percent higher. A lot of people were waiting. They were saying it's a bad, bad time to buy. Maybe that's changed slightly.
Speaker 1: Interests went down last week, right, Yes, I think.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, exactly. You'd be surprised how passionate. Some people are about this. When you make your bed, do you tuck your sheet in at the bottom or are you not tucker Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's madness to tuck in that bottom, that's madness. You're you're trapped.
Speaker 5: Are you under that sheet?
Speaker 3: I have a fitted sheet, and then I have a top sheet.
Speaker 5: And you're under that top sheet.
Speaker 3: I'm under the top sheet, and then there's a blanket, and then there's a comforter. If if it need be, that stuff is not tucked in at the foot area. I gotta be free flowing down there.
Speaker 12: I don't.
Speaker 5: I just go comfort. I just do a down comfort. I don't do a sheet on top of me.
Speaker 3: Pilf.
Speaker 5: No, it's how is that film?
Speaker 3: Because you change your sheets like your body like sheds all the time, and you sweat and you go through different type of changes.
Speaker 5: My cover, my newvet cover is has a cover on it. You don't have any sheets on your bed, No I have. I have both of these and they're tucked. I just don't get underneath that tough sheet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that's the thing.
Speaker 5: No, it's too hot, it is. It is hard to unzip that duvet cover and wash it. So why don't you just do the sheet thing, because I don't like it's like two it gets all tangled.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't like it.
Speaker 5: Alex.
Speaker 3: Let me talk to a normal person. Your sheets on your bed that you sleep.
Speaker 1: The regular sheet?
Speaker 3: Do you sleep TwixT the fitted and the top sheet? Yes? Normal people? Okay, So is it tucked at the bottom of the feet area?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: I don't think so you got it. I mean it's like being bounded.
Speaker 6: You don't even know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ask your wife, how do you sleep?
Speaker 5: Okay? So a third of us apparently have to share, have had to share a with someone who had a different tucking preference than you know, then they're used to it.
Speaker 3: We have a pole question. I didn't even know there was like a tuck compatibility thing. Add this to the list.
Speaker 5: Just added to the list sleeping. Do you prefer tuck or no tuck?
Speaker 6: Top sheet?
Speaker 5: Our listeners, thirty three percent of them say they want to tuck. They want to tuck.
Speaker 6: They wanted that security, nice and nice and cozy.
Speaker 3: Psychos untucked.
Speaker 6: People those are Rod's people.
Speaker 5: No preference. I guess this would be me.
Speaker 6: I mean, my preference is to not have that extra layer on me.
Speaker 5: I just want my cooling covey.
Speaker 3: That's weird, that's okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, with that roommate, they just had the sheet like the other the douvet and no sheets. You just said them like the raw mattress. No, no, no, no, no, it's all right.
Speaker 3: That sounds pretty comfortable. No, that sounds awful weird. Oh how are you here? Five years and we find out this weird thing about you?
Speaker 6: I don't know, you never asked. You don't care about yourself.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: Twenty years ago Ben Stiller's start in dodgeball, and now he's got his eye on today's sport of the moment, pickleball. Ben is directing a movie called The Dink. It stars Jake Johnson as a wash up tennis pro who becomes a pickleball.
Speaker 6: Player to save a club in crises.
Speaker 5: I want to watch this. I mean, this sounds so good.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised we haven't had a pick a ball movie sooner, to be honest with you, and you know who should have done it, Adam Sandler. It seems like he should have jumped on that.
Speaker 5: No, with the with the dodgeball background, Ben Stiller is the guy for this.
Speaker 3: No, I agree, but it just seems like something that Adam Sandler would have jumped on immediately once the craze hit. He's pretty plugged in on that stuff.
Speaker 1: You know, he makes real cinema.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised we don't have three pickleball movies right now.
Speaker 5: To be with you, it is very popular.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be a lot.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we need one.
Speaker 3: It's just going to be the backdrop of a comedy. It's whether or not it's funny or not. But the pickle ball won't be the important part of the movie. It's who's in it and what they say.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about Nickelback because while they were on their twenty twenty three tour, they played a sold out show at Nashville's Bridge Shown Arena as part of their Get Rollin tour. There were several big stars that made guest appearances like get Chris straw Tree, Brentley Gilbert, Josh Ross, Ernest Bailey, Zimmerman, and Hardy. So they were like, Okay, it turns out the band recorded that show and now they're releasing it as Live from Nashville. It'll be out November fifteenth, and the lead single San Quentin is out now.
Speaker 6: Their first release in two years. Their first release in two years is expected.
Speaker 5: To make a splash on the charts.
Speaker 3: So those are his stents. Well, I know the Astros didn't play all the starters, but and they just got done clenching. Maybe they had a hangover. It was a rough one yesterday. Yeah, I mean they had celebrated the night before.
Speaker 2: I think they sat a bunch of guys, so they Yeah, they were the usuals.
Speaker 3: Weren't playing.
Speaker 2: They might be a little hungover maybe, I don't know. They looked a little sluggish. They lost to the Mariners eight to one. They're gonna have a day off today to continue to recover before they open up their final regular season series of the year. I guess the GUARDI tomorrow night in Cleveland. Then they'll get ready for the postseason. On Thursday Night football, we got Molik Neighbors and the Giants hosting Dak Prescott and the Cowboys. Cowboys come into This game is six point favorites. Kickoff is at seven fifteen and you can watch the game on Prime Video.
Speaker 1: I've also got a pair of tickets right now. If you want to go see some.
Speaker 2: U of H college football, you're basically gonna be hosting the eighteenth ranked Iowa State Cyclones on Saturday at TDECU Stadium.
Speaker 1: Collor ten is seven one, three, two and two five nine, four to five.
Speaker 2: You can go see the Koogs in person Collor ten seven one, three, two and two five nine for five.
Speaker 1: Those tickets are yours.
Speaker 11: Houston's Rock and Alternative The.
Speaker 15: Rock Last Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five buzz Out.
Speaker 5: The band recorded that show and now they're releasing it as Live from Nashville.
Speaker 6: It'll be out November fifteenth.
Speaker 5: And the lead single San Quentin.
Speaker 6: Is out now, their first release in two years.
Speaker 5: Their first release in two years is expected to make a splash on the charts.
Speaker 6: So those are recent sevens.
Speaker 3: Well, I know the Astros didn't play all the starters, but they just got done clinching. Maybe they had a hangover. It was a rough one yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they had celebrated the night before.
Speaker 3: I think they sat a bunch of guys.
Speaker 1: So they Yeah, they weren't.
Speaker 3: The usuals, weren't playing.
Speaker 2: They might be a little hungover maybe, I don't know, but they looked a little sluggish.
Speaker 1: They lost to the Mariners eight to one.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have a day off today to continue to recover before they open up their final regular season series of the year against the Guardians tomorrow night in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Then they'll get ready for the postseason.
Speaker 2: On Thursday Night Football, we got Molik Neighbors and the Giants hosting Dak Prescott and the Cowboys. Cowboys come into this game as six point favorites. Kickoff is at seven fifteen and you can watch the game on Prime Video. I've also got a pair of tickets right now if you want to go see.
Speaker 3: Some U of H college football.
Speaker 2: You're basically gonna be hosting the eighteenth ranked Iowa State Cyclones on Saturday at TDECU Stadium.
Speaker 1: Collar ten is seven one, three, two and two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: You can go see the Koogs in person Colle ten seven one three two and two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: Those tickets are yours.
Speaker 11: Easton's Rocking Alternatives, The.
Speaker 4: Rod Ra Morning Show to ten am ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 3: Oh Yeah, ninety four or five the Buzz Welcome to the seventh spot stp Wicked Garden. Opening up the door of the seven o'clock hour. It's a great way to start the hour. Good morning, everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Lincoln Park tickets later on this hour, M M M. H. Arlington. It's unprecedented what Lincoln Park is doing. It really is. And this is the way I mean, bands used to announce concerts and then they were two months later. That doesn't happen anymore. They really, you know, they've been planning this for a long long time. It takes so much time to plan a tour and go out on the road. The fact that they've got this album and this new singer in, this new single, and then another new single, and then they started. They came with a New York and an LA date, and then they went overseas for a few shows, and now they've got a bunch of dates here in the States, all before Christmas. It doesn't happen. And I used Metallica as an example. Metallica announced what last week their show is inly and June of next year. What Lincoln Park is putting together is outrageous right now. They really you can tell they've been working on it behind the scenes for a long long time. They've got a whole plan somewhere, somebody in the Lincoln Park camp and it's probably his name is probably Mike Shanoda. He can tell you exactly when they're going to come to Houston. It'll be next year. I can't see. There's no excuse why they would not come through in twenty twenty five. They're gonna be at every festival, probably next year. But the fact that they're playing Arlington, which is close enough of you told me that you want to make the drive, you want to go, maybe spend the weekend whatever. Lincoln Park, Arlington November eighth tickets go on sale tomorrow Friday at ten o'clock, same time that the Metallica tickets go on sale. But I told you there's a lot of ways to get in on that Metallica show. There's a lot of pre sales going on right now. So all it takes is a little bit of I mean fishing around, putting in your time. Just type in Metallica pre sale ticketmaster. Who knows you might be using the right credit card, you might be, you might be using the right laundry detergent. Who knows? With Metallica, they made deals with everybody out there. They're like the New Kiss ten percent chance of rain sunny Skies highs of around eighty eight. I want to thank everybody that came out in Katie and drove from far away too. It wasn't just Katie. Ititzer Katieans Katians. What if we say Katie people weretions caationis sure. It wasn't just them. It wasn't just them. People made the drive. Guy drove po hour and a half. Yeah, it looks like fifteen hours, was it? I thought it was fifteen hours too. I was so excited when I met that dude. Yeah, I thought he drove fifteen hours to meet me and win tickets. And then I was corrected. They said, Roden, you're missing check your glasses, old man. It was like one point five hours. Made a shirt. There's another couple there out in Katie that did make They made homemade shirts. They had the twenty be Dazzled twenty shirts. It was fun, guys, Thank you. It was so much fun last night. I met so many people, old friends of the show, you know, local legends of the show. How about this. I'm not involved in pulling the names out of the hat, you know, or the registration box. Marvin who is becoming rapidly famous here Marvin was out there. He was a hero working helping us out, and he was the guy that brought the box up to me and he would pull the names out of there. Okay, there's five hundred people there. First name Ashley with an eye? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 14: Right now?
Speaker 3: Ashley with an eye? Out of all those people? First name drawing?
Speaker 5: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: And she's like share okay, Like she doesn't seal. She just puts Ashley. That's it. I knew exactly who it was. It was Ashley with any no last name, no nothing. I'm like, I know who this is. And everybody's like, come on, it's fixed. It's not Marvin drew it. Marvin doesn't know who Ashley with an Eye is, right, Marvin would not do that. I got some pictures up on Instagram at rod Ryan Show. I thought Chili put up his video on Instagram and that was fun to kind of relose.
Speaker 15: Some of that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it was a big, big ticket day yesterday. I gave away fifty pair, Chili gave way one hundred pair. What's going on around here? It's getting wild. I will be out on Saturday at Onion Creek on White Oak from two to four. They're already having a built in, big, huge event. It's their wing Fest. Okay, there's gonna be a bunch of people out there competing for the best chicken wings. You can buy the tickets, get the wristband, go try wings at all the places, you can do all that. It's gonna be fun. On top of all of that, it's already busy. We're gonna make that a two hour ticket hit for Rod Ryan Show twenty f anniversary party tickets. Well, Rod, where's Onion Creek? Well, I said, it's Onion. The place is called Onion Creek and it's on White Oak Boulevard in the Heights. You can get there. I'll be there from two to four, okay, And it's the same thing. There's no lineup. It's not a first come, first served situation like what Chili does. It is a sign up. There's a registration box and then I drove on names throughout the night. Okay, but get there early though, I mean be there at two o'clock when the thing starts. To get there a little early and we'll get people signed up a little early too, all right, and car box coming out. They'll be Love Street. Bald will be there the official Water is gonna be out there with a They will murder your thirst. Okay, they will murder your thirst. All right, guys, I gotta take a break already, Linga Park tickets I got them for you on the flip Don't Go Anywhere, Rock and Alternative, The.
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 3: The ninety four The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. All right, we got a great ticket coming up for you to give. The ticket that's not on sale yat And I don't know about pre sale for this one. I haven't looked around, but we've got tickets. We're gonna get you into a great show coming up. Ten percent chance of rain, nothing above that sunny skyes today. The high today will be eighty eight. Okay, Fall is just around the corner. At least fall like temperatures are just around the corner. I feel like it. Anyways, what's trending?
Speaker 5: Finally a headline I can get behind on. Looking at girl's blog page.
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 5: It's just funny x So she's headlining. She cheas a new song from jelly Roll. He wrote her a song and she wanted to share it with everyone. Also, she Lee Woodley on the look at a girls blog page. She is prepping for her upcoming Jenice Joplin movie, and she says it's taught her that she can sing outside of the shower.
Speaker 6: Wonderful, wonderful.
Speaker 3: When I look at Shanlee Woodley, I don't know anything about how she sings, and I don't know much about her, to be honest with you. So she's very hot and she's I mean, she's way more attractive than Janie Jannis Joplin never was, but I could see her becoming Janis Joplin.
Speaker 5: So I think they have similar features. They really do.
Speaker 3: I think the casting is going to be brilliant on that one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: And then the fact that she says that she can sing, I believe her. She's talented. That's not going to be an easy thing to do if she's doing the singing in that movie.
Speaker 5: Also, X is releasing its first transparency report since Elon Must bought the comp company two years ago, and it showed that X saw more than two hundred and twenty four million user reports in the first half of twenty twenty four. The largest share of those, at eighteen eighty two million, were regarding abuse and harassment.
Speaker 6: Everyone knows Twitter's a pretty toxic place.
Speaker 5: Another sixty seven million tweets were about hateful conduct and forty million were about violent conduct.
Speaker 6: That's what's trending on eighty four five of the bus.
Speaker 3: All right, let's give away some tickets before they go on sale.
Speaker 5: I have Linkin Park playing Global Life Field in Arlington November eighth. Tickets go on sell this Friday, but we have a pair right now.
Speaker 3: All right, I'll take caller number ten seven one three two one two five nine four five. I'm going to go back to back days on the xe's because I kind of want to feature them a little bit. I want to get you even more excited about the Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party. There's really no questions about Shine Down Sublime. With Jacob Nol being in town. That is unbelievable. I don't think we're talking about that enough. To be honest with you, there's not a bunch of Jacob Nole appearances out. They've done two shows and they're coming in to do this. He's coming in to do this and maybe bringing someone else from Sublime with him. But Bloctober, I need to tell you nothing about them. Theory of the dead Man. You all know x SI's I played you an older one yesterday and it got a lot of people excited. Oh my god, I forgot about that song. Ugly, it was great. They have a new song out and Scott Stevens from the x Sis is a part of the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. I want to play something new from them. I know that it's getting spun on the overnights and Kara Lee, you know, she's always playing the cool stuff at night, and and I said, listen, we got to let you guys hear this x song to even make you want to go to the twentieth anniversary party, even more so as you're calling in for those Lincoln Park tickets seven one, three, two two, ninety four five. It's the ex Sees for what it's worth. I think you're gonna like it. It's ninety four or five the buzz.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 3: New music from the ex Sies has Scott Stevens on vocals. He's going to be in town for the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party, and uh.
Speaker 8: I like it.
Speaker 12: I like it a lot.
Speaker 3: I mean I like some of the older XY stuff as well. They've come in they've played Buzzfest before. We know these guys. They're cool af for sure. So X's Theory of a Dead Man, Blue October, Sublimes, Shine Down, and Rosie Rosie who played last night? Everybody. It seemed like everybody was there last night. Katie's favorite son did not show up. He told me he was coming. Now, I know he had a busy morning. Our little guy was out there and he was pressing the flesh. And we know that. You know, Chili was, you know, working working hard yesterday. He left. He's like, I'll see you tonight. Hey, I remember I was here the bar is. I can't say he could walk there, but if he had, but if he had a scooter, it would retain its charge there and back.
Speaker 1: Okay, So hey Chile.
Speaker 3: A few people asked me, hey man, where's hey Man? Where's Chili ay Man? And I was saying, I'm still waiting. I hope he comes. You know, they'd be great. We're in his town. Yeah, you know how, Katie's Katie his favorite son.
Speaker 17: You know how I am about my ifiul gotta being made by nine thirty or eighty.
Speaker 3: And I carty party started at seven seven yeaherus for me, bro, what's that?
Speaker 17: It's dangerous for me because I wanted to try the beer the bald, the Love Street bald, and you know I'm gonna go to town on those spears.
Speaker 3: So did you tell me you were coming? I said, I'm gonna try. Oh wait a minute, let's talk about the choice of words there. Did you say you were coming? Maybe? We So I got up on stage, and you know, I heard the old Where's Chile? Which happens to be everywhere I go? And uh, I said, here's what we're gonna do. Well, give away the last tickets. You know, I'm trying to do this seven to nine thing. I'm trying to get out of there at nine. I couldn't, but I got out of there in a decent hour. I was in bed. I was laying in bed between the top sheet and the fitted sheet. Ten o'clock I was in bed. Okay, when we left, we were going to go over to your house. We were going to take everybody from the party, and we were going to go to your house to stop by to say hello, and then everybody was going to go home. We weren't going to stay long, but we were just going to stop in at your place. I was gonna bring everybody over to your place.
Speaker 17: I would have unleashed the hounds, you know if.
Speaker 3: Miss Christina, If Miss Christina wasn't there, I absolutely would have brought everybody to your house. Out of respect for your beautiful wife, I didn't do it. Oh, it's some of you. That's the only reason why we I didn't show up with five hundred people to your crib.
Speaker 17: It's not the fact that you wanted me to come to work on a decent time, right.
Speaker 3: You just had a respect for Christina. Okay, your wife saved you from getting a few house guests. Yes, last night, we're giving away some Lincoln Park tickets. Here, let me go over to the phones. Good morning rod Ryan's show, Good morning, Well, hello, who's this? Oh my gosh, this is crazy. Hey, how are you.
Speaker 5: Great?
Speaker 4: How are you? I?
Speaker 3: Do we have a Christie song or what is it that you get excited about?
Speaker 6: Tessa Christino Christy?
Speaker 5: Wake up?
Speaker 3: It's Chrissy. So we don't have a Christie song. We have a Chrissy song? Is it close enough?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 3: I think it is.
Speaker 5: Do you think it's okay?
Speaker 3: You know we used to sing Mickey.
Speaker 5: You remember the song Mickey Mickey Christy.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, this is what we have for you, Christy.
Speaker 14: Wake up.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you're saying, Christy, christ Christy, your call her ten congratulations day. I'm so excited. So I don't know what your play is on this. You gotta get your you gotta get yourself and your guest over to Dallas. Uh Lincoln Park playing Arlington on November eighth, which is coming up. I guess I should I think that is a weekend, right, November eighth, No, wait a minute, November. It's a friday night. There, it's a Friday night, perfect, all right, Lincoln Park tickets there, yours, Christy, Thank you for listening. Thank you so much, Thank you so much for listening. Have a great day. Okay, I will you too, thank you, thank you, thank you. All right, hang on, all right, we'll have one more pair of Lincoln Park tickets for you tomorrow. I've got Metallica tickets for you next hour. And that's whoever wins read my lips. Chile A and Tessa. Chili obviously got a lot of sleep yesterday. My boy was in bed early. He couldn't come out to see me. Just around the corner from his house, so maybe he's your play. No, he did win last week. He's got four wins on the year. Testa has the teen wins for Metallica tickets. I'm waiting. I think I don't want to get in trouble again. I think we have extra Metallica tickets to give away tomorrow, like a bunch of them. I think, let me just make sure everything has to be written out for me now, Okay, I'm not getting in trouble. I'm not doing that again. I'm not doing that whole dog and pony show again that went on with the announce I thought it was a fun day. Listen. An etiquette expert came up with a list of public restroom rules, and I'm good with them, most of them. I'm good with most of them. Public bathroom rules, no small talk with strangers. I'm good with that. I'm going to add another layer. I won't take a picture with you in the bathroom. That's okay, Hey, brother Rod, blah blah blah. I'm like cool with that. That's fine. Can we get a picture? Yeah, when you when we both wrap up and go outside, I'll take a picture with you. No, because it's like a picture in a locker room. It's just there's gonna be some wang in the back corner that you're not seeing that's going to wind up in the picture. No camera phones, none of that in the bathroom. So but I don't mind. I'll wait for you. I'll go out and when you're done, I'm done, boom. Then I'll take the picture. So it says you're no small talk, no pictures. I'm going to add that personal on there. Don't choose our urinal right next to someone if there's another urinal, thank you. Don't choose a urinal right next to someone if there's another urinal available, alex a buffer a buffer urinal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I mean that's kind of an unspoken rule.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it says, please flush um look at peeking between the cracks of the door.
Speaker 1: Did your finger through there and just wiggle it a little bit for your back?
Speaker 3: What this etiquette expert said, though that I had that, I took issue with it said, never peek under the bathroom stall to see if someone's in there looking for feet. I look for feet. I look for feet before I knock on a closed door. Yeah, that's not the right way to do it. Apparently you do you knock on the door. You knock on the door, and you say, excuse me, as anyone in there.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 3: I think it depends on the distance.
Speaker 2: Like at our old at our old building, like you'd look from like when you walk in the door, you're like, all right, anybody under there, Okay, there's no feet. But like if you are right at where the door is and then you stick your head down, like that's the little close okay, So I can understand how that's like, all right, don't do that.
Speaker 3: You can't see in here. But in our old bathrooms, think about how what's what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like you walk in and you would immediately kind of just tilt your head down and look and see if there is somebody there. But you can go stand right in front of the stall and then peek under. I wouldn't have to do an army crawl to see if someone was in the stall.
Speaker 3: I could just walk. I could go down. I mean I'd have to come down maybe forty five degrees and I could see if there was feet under there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, probably crawling in the bathrooms also another room, no army crawling.
Speaker 3: But I would rather look for feet than knock on the door. Yeah, I don't want to hear whose voices in there, although you know, and I'll so I don't respond. I can't tell whose shoes were there. I didn't what it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'd see.
Speaker 3: I knew whose new balance those were. But people don't like responding when people like, is anybody in there?
Speaker 2: Like a lot of times I would just say nothing until like the maid lady would walk in, and then she would just be like, oh, okay, I'm gonna go back out.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, I'm not gonna yell. But yet I don't like doing that. It's not my job.
Speaker 3: Testa knows this because she'd laugh at me, and I would tell her the timing was awful. When I had to go to the bathroom. It was I eat right after I get off the air. So ten o'clock, boom, we're done four out of five days. I'm shoveling food in my fat face at about ten oh five. Okay, when we get off the air, you should eat it, yeh. After throw something dumb in the microwave and I start eating, eat, eat every three hours. So I'm like a puppy. I'm a chew and pooh guy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Like I eat after you guys, and then I.
Speaker 3: Get done eating at ten thirty and then I go to the bathroom. That was the time that they would clean the bathroom. You're telling me that when you're if you're in there going number two and they knocked on the door, you didn't say anything?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I don't say anything.
Speaker 5: But they're asking.
Speaker 3: They're asking if they come in.
Speaker 2: But I've been in there when it's like me and then there's other people, like do it like other there's multiple.
Speaker 3: People in there, and no one says anything. It's like, I'm not gonna be the one that's like I more times than I know, I'm in here. Yea, I didn't want them coming in. They were they were always female girls. There were always females that would clean the bathrooms at the other building. So they're saying, hey, is it okay to come in here? If you don't say anything?
Speaker 1: And they go and then they quickly turn around.
Speaker 3: But how do they know you're in there?
Speaker 2: They see your feet, They look on the start. Now they have a little little red button on the door, Well that's here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you lock it. I I think they would appreciate you. I think they would appreciate you saying that you're in there. I'm not saying it's like the proudest thing I did. It's not the best quality I have. I just don't I get it. You're you're an etiquette expert. You got to come up with some kind of list of something probably every day.
Speaker 5: How does one become an etiquette expert?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know, but I don't feel that it's rude to go looking between the cracks. Rude, rude, looking between the cracks weird, that's psycho weirdness. But looking for feet, I feel like I always look for feet. I'm gonna keep doing. I'm gonna look for feet before I knock.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 3: I'm never changing that one. I'm never changing that one. That's fair.
Speaker 1: All Right, guys, I think thank you for that.
Speaker 3: That wraps up toilet talk. Let's take a break, Alex. All right, I'm gonna use this whole break after I get done talking about boost Mobile. I'm gonna use this whole break to do nothing but go through the words that you have suggested for read my lips. So if you're gonna email me, do it right now.
Speaker 11: The rod Ryan Morning Show, not even four or five.
Speaker 3: The buzz I don't know. You just have to hoola at the end of that one. Good morning, Rob Ryan's Show, Throwback Thursday. Are we doing Throwback Thursday today?
Speaker 5: Yes, we are, but we haven't talked about the voting or the songs or anything.
Speaker 3: Let's do song clips early in the eight o'clock hour. Let's get everybody excited. We're gonna do Read my Lips coming up. But yeah, let's do song clips to get you fired up to get in there and vote for today's Throwback Thursday selections. Okay, next hour Metallica tickets, but you're gonna have to get in You're gonna have to choose either Chile or Tessa to win Read my Lips to win the Metallica tickets before they go on sale tomorrow, weez Are tickets. In the nine o'clock hour Rod Ryan Show twenty t anniversary tickets. Chile's got those backloaded on the show. Nothing no rain today, don't worry about that. Just forget about it. Sunny's guys, high of eighty eight. That's how I choose to say what today's gonna what it's gonna be like out there? All right? What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 5: Hurricane Helene is moving towards Florida's Gulf Coast, gaining strength as it goes as it goes, and it's threatening to bring these high winds and life threatening storms. So the latest update that I have from the National Hurricane Center clocks the storm as a category two. But last night there were talks of it strengthening and strengthening, and people were, you know, they do the category four and category five talk. It's not there yet, but it is about three hundred and twenty miles southwest of Tampa.
Speaker 6: It's canceled so many flights.
Speaker 5: I believe fourteen hundred flights have been canceled, and people offord are really just bracing themselves because it could be a devastating storm for many people. These storm preparations have had to be rushed. People are trying to complete them by today. Houston Police say they're going to start impounding petticabs without permit as of October first. So petticabs are popular means of getting to and from event venues from remote parking lots. So you know, you think you're NRG think minute made, Toyota Center, anything downtown.
Speaker 3: I've used one one time, Okay, it was me, my ex wife and my friend Dennis. Okay, we were Metallica in Austin, like at the track. I don't know we were we were. We weren't in Houston, Okay, we were a mile away. So the only time I've ever said I got talked into it. They didn't want to walk, and I'm like, I just I'd rather walk. Use them an energy, it's our superpower. We get in this thing and this guy is huffing and puffin. I'm like, we're gonna have to give this guy a million dollars. He's pulling three of us. Popped the tire. I'm like, that's it. I'm never doing this again. I was so embarrassed. I was so embarrassed.
Speaker 5: It wasn't you, it was the tire had had it, it had seen better days.
Speaker 3: Bad boy needs to walk. Everybody needed to walk. I'll never do it again. I will never do a petticab ever again, for the rest of my life.
Speaker 5: I thought I was with my brother my mom and we were going to the Taylor Swift concert and they were like, let's find it. I'm like, we're gonna be late, Like are we? They wanted me to walk in the opposite direction of energy to go retrieve them a petticab. I'm like you realize by the time I get the petticap, Like, can.
Speaker 3: We please just onward forward towards.
Speaker 5: Energy, not backwards, so we can have a luxurious ride to the very front door. Can we please just walk?
Speaker 3: I know that's how these people make a living.
Speaker 5: I just I don't rely on Americans being lazy and they are breaking it in.
Speaker 3: I don't want to contribute. Just so you know, when you drive past me, you're in the back of a petticap. I got feelings about you.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll tell you when they come and clutch when you're a little too drunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to cookoff.
Speaker 5: There is nothing better than a petticap with the winds in your hair.
Speaker 6: You have know how much of where you're going.
Speaker 1: You gotta agree, like my old day negotiator. You have to be like, yeah, what I gotta go, like this far? How much? And they'll give you kind of a price. You don't get in one without telling them.
Speaker 5: You need to know the price fronts okay, crap like that up front and because then they'll tell you twenty bucks and then you get up and they go, oh, no, we met per person.
Speaker 1: You're drunk.
Speaker 3: No, we're not doing that, all right, listen, keep doing what you do. I'm just not going to be a customer. I feel like an idiot.
Speaker 5: Some people struggle to define what American food is because a lot of the most popular dishes here in our country are really heavily influenced from, you know, other cultures, especially here, especially maybe but here in Houston, like you can have any type of food. But anyway, that's not the point. The point is there is this new show so called twenty Greatest American Dishes, and they've included one that maybe Americans might avoid.
Speaker 18: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's number two on the list, Fried Okra.
Speaker 3: It stinks, you don't like it? Is pretty cool.
Speaker 5: I never came in contact branch.
Speaker 3: You will never come in contact with Okra in your life if you stay in New York. It's just not a thing bad nowhere.
Speaker 5: Do you like it? Pickled?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't like it nice and crunchy. You know what I bet if I put it on a little pickleplate like you taught me how they do up north, Yeah, a little oak pickled okra on there.
Speaker 3: I can't quite enjoy it. I mean fried everything is great. Let's get let's get that out of the way. Okay, what's good about it? The fried part? Yeah, okay, the okra part, it's not good.
Speaker 6: Oka' so delicious? It's in gumbo you like combo?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, there you go.
Speaker 5: Okay, so listen. This list has barbecue at number one, which I think we can all hear in the city agree with. The rest of the last includes cobb salad very American, peanut butter and jelly sandwich very American, the hamburger, apple pie, chili, clam chowder rod, the ruben sandwich, egg beented it. I'm getting hungry. These lists make me so hungry. Grits, spaghetti and spaghetti and meat. Boss, Dude, that is American, that's not Italian.
Speaker 3: Do the Germans get credit for hot dogs? Is that why that's not on the list? Perhaps he'll probably right. Any kind of soagage is usually German.
Speaker 2: Would like just enjoy chestnut over there, because he would just assert that Americans are dominant in hot dogs.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, hamburgers. I like barbecue being at the time, I don't think they ranked in this list for some reason. I like being known for barbecue. I think that's become pretty universal.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, this is the Mecca rod.
Speaker 3: I mean, our pizza is not like pizza anywhere else. We can easily claim pizza. Oh he's an American.
Speaker 5: I thought you meant in Houston.
Speaker 6: I was like, what ra eat Houston pizza?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Our list is in a Houston list.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no, no, no, my god. Okay, So let's talk about Reese Witherspoon because she is searching for the next l Woods. She posted yesterday that the casting process has begun for Legally Blonde.
Speaker 6: It's going to be a prequel series Amazon Prime.
Speaker 5: The series, currently titled Elle, will follow el Woods during her high school years and with It's been played this character in two Legally Blonde films, The first film, released in two thousand and one, grossover one hundred and forty million dollars at the global box office. So she announced the big us the big news yesterday. She says they were making it open. That means all submissions for the role are welcome for this high profile project.
Speaker 6: I think that's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: That's kind of what they did with the Selena casting rod when Selena was being made into a movie. They opened up this casting to not just like you know actors with a with an agent. They said, hey, come come in, we'll see if you look like her, if you can act, and then we'll do it that way.
Speaker 3: We'll find someone.
Speaker 5: The little girl. For the little girl, they picked the young Selena. Okay, yeah, okay, let's talk about Oh my gosh, this is this is a big story. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame guitarist Josh Klinghoffer will be in a Los Angeles courtroom today. He is being arraigned on charges related to a deadly crash this spring. So if you didn't know, he's a former RedHat Chili Peppers musician. He got inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with them. He was distracted when an suv he was driving hit and killed a pedestrian back in March.
Speaker 6: He's also played for Jane's Addiction.
Speaker 5: He currently performs with Pearl jam So Klanoffer faces a misdemeanor charge of vehicular manslaughter with the gross negligence, and the family of the victim has followed a wrongful death lawsuit against Cleanhoffer. I've seen the video of this accident right before. They don't show the you know, the actual death, but you can see how careless he was driving. I mean, he was definitely did not have his eyes on the road. Anyway.
Speaker 6: Those are Houston headlights.
Speaker 3: He's the guy that filled in when John Forschante went crazy, right for a little while.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he had to go do his drug thing, taking Alex well.
Speaker 2: The Astros lost to the Mariners yesterday eight to one. They rested some guys and may have been a little bit sluggish after celebrating that Al West title the night before.
Speaker 1: But that's okay. They're already clinched.
Speaker 2: They're going to have the day off day before they open up a weekend series with the Guardians tomorrow night in Cleveland. On Thursday Night Football, we have Malik Neighbors and the Giants hosting Dak Prescott and the Cowboys. Cowboys are are six point favorites coming into this game. Kickoff is at seven fifteen and you can watch it on Prime Video if you'd like to watch in college football this weekend, I have another pair of tickets to see you of h host eighteenth ranked Iowa State at TDECU this Saturday. Caller ten to seven, one, three, two and two five nine four five. You can go watch the Koogs in person.
Speaker 5: I bet you weren't going to play.
Speaker 3: I'll take caller number ten seven to one, three, two and two, five, nine four five. Hey, thank you out of the room. Let's do us song clips. Okay, coming up? Uh, okay, call chill now for the Coobs tickets. We'll do song clips. We got to show some respect to throw Back Thursday, and then we'll morph right into read my lips. It's gonna be a busy hour.
Speaker 11: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 3: The Buzz. Here we go, twenty four to five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Throwback Thirst. We'll respect the day and we will play some song clips. Coming up in just a little bit. Thank you everybody that came out last night to the home run dugout. It was awesome. We had a big mic from Liquid Death on hand. He's the official water sponsor of not only the twentieth anniversary party, but the upcoming Boots Rock Golf Tournament. They're on board Carbock same thing, twentith anniversary party. We're obviously using their backyard for the actual party, but we had a love Street bald pouring last night, So how was it. Love Street Bald is a wonderful beer.
Speaker 5: Yeah you said that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I behaved myself last night, just knowing I was all the way out in Katie and I can only imagine what a petticab would have cost from Katie to the heights. So I was behind the wheel and being very responsible last night. But yeah, so the Love Street Bald was a smashing success, and I guess we're gonna tap some Love Street Bald at Saturday's party Onion Creek two to four. I'm in the high heights. That one I can I can walk to, which is nice sweet. So if we took a picture last night, I told Alex this morning, I walked in, I took a picture with somebody, and then somebody stood behind that person to go to take the next picture with me, and then somebody got behind that person, and then just thirty five people formed a line and it never stopped.
Speaker 8: So it was it was.
Speaker 3: I didn't talk to anybody else. I didn't talk to my group of people. I didn't walk around. I didn't walk around at all. I went to the stage, announced names, I said, guy, I'll be right back, and I'll come back, and then got back in line and then just took pictures with people.
Speaker 5: This was like an organic line. It wasn't some kissing booth you had set up for yourself, or it wasn't like.
Speaker 3: A backstage step and repeat, stand in front of the curtain. And it just happened right in the middle of the bar and it never stopped all night, and it was great, and it's just it's listen. It's my honor to take a picture with you. Guys. You brought your kids over. Everyone's got their stories. Hey Rod, this is how I listened to the show. Hey man, I called in one time. I did this. Oh my god, you know this is my Grandma got me listening to the show. And I've been listening for all twenty years now. I love hearing those stories. So I was giving everybody a lot of time. And it's fine. It just took up the whole two hours. If we took a picture yesterday, you got to send that to me, all right, because I didn't. I didn't take a lot of pictures. I was in all the pictures that were being taken, so you got to send them to me. I got a lot of them here. I put a bunch up on our Instagram this morning, those that did it last night. But if you send me the pictures, I'll put up a post on Facebook and I'll do like a photo dump from last night. It was really fun. It was really really fun last night. Saturday is gonna be nuts at Onion Creek. I'm gonna bring more twentyth anniversary party tickets. Nice guy rolls up, take a picture with me. He's wearing a Creed shirt. I'm like, let me guess concert of the summer. He goes, well, he said, he said that, and Limp Biscuit. He goes, those are the two concerts of the summer. Rod He goes, I know you went to one of them, but the Creed one was good and Three Doors Down was amazing. Three Doors Down is on Throwback Thursday today and they're in the lead. I like this one. It's a great one. They have a million great songs they do. Those first three albums, it was just banger banger banger. That's why they were perfect to be out on tour with Creed, because first three Creed albums are ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, fifty of your.
Speaker 3: Vote this one. Three Doors Down the now chili, let's get chili in the mix here anytime POD is mentioned at all, Pod and Depth tones above all for that guy, Yeah, big stretch Chili, you're rocking out, man, you know what. You better stretch more. You're gonna throw out your neck. It don't matter man, annything For the Pod this is you huh hell yeah, Okay, you're in second place.
Speaker 10: Chili, I'll come on, Chilemniacs thirty four percent. It's the Chili Dogs Maniacs. It's fifty four for three Doors Down twenty two percent for Pod Southtown. It is nice to hear another POD song. Yeah, but I think once people hear this, they're gonna go, oh, I didn't know that was in there.
Speaker 17: Don't let me down or else I'll never go into streets again.
Speaker 6: Oh dang, that's a serious threat.
Speaker 3: I've mentioned this with other bands before. Houston is one of the biggest markets for the band Evan's Blue. They're not from here, you William Chanks. Evans Blue does better here, better business here in Houston than anywhere else that anywhere else. That's the same for what I said with Creed Shine Down. This is like their hometown to a to an extent, popper Roach. They'll tell you that their hometowns don't receive them as well as they do they get received here in Houston. Evans Blue is the same way. But this was a huge song for us and they They performed this with multiple singers over the years. They performed this at many buzz fests back in the day. Twenty two percent of the vote Evans Blue Cold. I would be happy with this one or pod Okay. I have never heard you waiver on a pod song, Evan, but this song is rocking.
Speaker 1: Though it's great, it is great.
Speaker 3: We have anyone, but the one I want to hear, Oh yeah, the one that you want three D.
Speaker 6: That's why I'm not to be my list. It's not that it is, just the other one is not as as a rocker as this one. To me, you're so hardcore, bro.
Speaker 3: That's one of three doors down best songs, I'll say.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's not to read my lips, Okay, Chili's going to be playing Read my Lips. Coming off of his win last week against his twin, he's taking on Tessa, and Tessa, for some reason, with her thirteen wins in five weeks, she feels that Chili has her number. Somehow, We're gonna get chili in. We're gonna play read my lips. We're gonna have you guys calling in after the break. They are going to try to win you Metallica tickets.
Speaker 11: Okay, The rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, The Buzz, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. It's a pretty funny email. Sandy is Sandy's one of my favorites. They're like, well, who's Sandy. I don't remember Sandy. She emailed me early in the year and said, you know what, twenty twenty four, I'm gonna get more involved. Okay, she's not doing it for fame, she's not doing fre any She's like, I'm gonna get more involved. I really like this show and I'm gonna do more. I hear you asking for things. I'm gonna send you words. I think she's missed maybe two weeks, and I don't use her words all the time, but she sends funny emails all the time. She sent I'm not gonna use these penis free. What would penis free be referring to I don't know the show's going. The show has been penis free so far until now I know that forks down gentle pilates her email made me laugh there. She said, good morning, How is it already Thursday? Where do in September ago? Can you believe Tuesday is already October?
Speaker 5: Thank you for saying it first?
Speaker 3: Why am I so full of questions this morning? Sandy? You are getting involved.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you, and I personally cannot believe Tuesday is October.
Speaker 3: I don't think I knew that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what first?
Speaker 3: Okay, the first. I'm excited about the weather today, no rain, sunny, high of eighty eight. Somebody sent me at five point fifty five. They said, please forward this to Alex. It was sixty nine degrees out. Nice.
Speaker 14: Nice?
Speaker 3: Nice? What's trending? Please?
Speaker 6: Ho to coffee? Is leaving the Today Show?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: Yeah? This bomb dropped this morning. In a letter to staff, she's been a coinker for five years, she says, my heart's all over the map.
Speaker 6: I know I'm making the right decision, it's just so painful.
Speaker 3: She's missed some days too, and I think she's missed some mysterious days. Listen, she has enough money. She adopted a couple of kids. I know she's had some romance problems, but she has all the money in the world to just hang out with those kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, where where it is. She's gonna stay at NBC in maybe some other capacity. But she was talking. You know, she talks about al who's been her friend for thirty years. Talked about Savannah, who's her rider. Ice talks about Jenna, Savannah, Savannah my rock, Jenna, my ride er die Ol, my longest friend at thirty rock.
Speaker 3: She started in New Orleans as a local.
Speaker 5: Way told me I didn't know that.
Speaker 6: I used to know that connection.
Speaker 3: I used to stalk her a little bit.
Speaker 5: I don't think you used to is in there. I think it's uh still going strong.
Speaker 6: Okay, we're gonna move on. Next to trend.
Speaker 5: Oh did you see this? Okay, so this is a really listen TikTok not known for its uh like trends that you should actually partake in, but this one's really nice. People are leaving gift cards or one hundred dollars bills in the baby formulas at random places and like Targets or Walmart. Okay, so this is such an opening no no, no, So you know baby baby formula has seal, so they'll just open that top and they'll put like a gift card or one hundred dollars Bill and say you deserve the purse. Really, it's about this viral TikTok where moms have always chosen themselves a lass like they will buy they buy essentials all the time thinking about kids. I mean, my mom is someone who told me this. She's like, you know, I I'm last when it comes to shopping. I think about what do the kids need? What do we need at home? That you know, She's like, by the time we get around to what I need, you know there's no more money.
Speaker 3: Listen, welcome to being a parent. I'll just say that across the board. I saw it. And when you see it on three things you must see because Alex is like, well, you can't open up a package in newborn diapers too, there's a way to slide it in the box. So they're just sliding gift cards in there, and you know, you open it up. But it's like Willy Wonka, you get a golden ticket. I don't know how often it's happening, but if it's a trend, that's a good thing. I mean, it's just like, hey, you deserve that special youth thing. You're amazing.
Speaker 5: What else Mom's supporting moms and then our Sixstagroom Thursday is a number one link. I haven't clicked on it, but as I mentioned, you guys certainly are. It is the most popular blog page for us over at links and guests. So that's what's trending on Eddy for five the bus.
Speaker 3: It got booted off of Facebook already this morning. No nudity, know nothing. Facebook is said, huh huh, interesting to read my books. I hate Mark Zuckerberg. Chili did nothing wrong. He posted the gals picture and said, hey, here's today's sticks to Graham Thursday. Click here. That's what you use Facebook for. Click here to see the rest. Facebook flagged it as inappropriate. She's wearing a shirt. It's no nudity, no nothing.
Speaker 6: Ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Jag offs. I hate Facebook.
Speaker 6: Now you can't use that as the word.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, jag off.
Speaker 5: And that at it.
Speaker 3: Every word's gonna be jag Off. Chili's playing, I guess because there's his music. So do you want to be on team Tessa or team Chili? For read my lips? Metallica tickets went in before they go on sale tomorrow at ten a m. Choose wisely, who's gonna get you there? Who's gonna get you inside of energ Stadium to watch Metallica play on the fifty yard line. Chile Tessa seven one, three, two and two, five nine four five The rod Ryan Show, Good Morning, ninety four five The Buzz, All right, ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Hey, thanks a lot of you did send me pictures that we took last night over at Home Run. Dug out, great time last night, really really fun. I imagine there's somebody that's just waking up right now, what a great party it was last night. If we took a picture, man, you gotta send it to me, all right, I'll I'll do a Facebook post after the show. The ones that were sent to me on the overnight, I put those up on the Instagram at rod Ryan's Show, a couple of homemade shirts and stuff. It really made my day. It was a fun, fun night. Your next opportunity to get a big batch of tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentith anniversary party. I'm gonna be be with Gunner Gunners, our buddy at all the Creek locations. Right, We're gonna be at Onion Creek on White Oak. There's a huge party. It's like the Wing Festival. He already had a built in huge party, and then we added me and the twentieth anniversary party tickets. I'm gonna have a bunch of tickets out there.
Speaker 5: Two to four, Chili, you go to that one too, and then I'll show up.
Speaker 3: Don't say, because London, London will get her hopes up. So don't say you're gonna be there if you're not there, because once somebody even gets a whiff, she'll ask, is mister Chili coming?
Speaker 5: And don't park your truck there because she'll ask whose truck that is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she will. You don't worry to where I'm part all right, So it was everyone's card is Saturday two to four Onion Creek ticket, blowout, Wings everything, okay, Love Street balled. The whole thing's bloddy game. Hi Chili, Hi, you see I knew you were in the room. It's still scared me. Old Chili said he was coming to see me last Old Chili still waiting, Old Chilie, my old friend sounds like one of my old girlfriends. All right, let's see. Are you a good bet today? I don't know the way you.
Speaker 14: Mean.
Speaker 3: It's for Metallica tickets and I don't feel that you are. I don't feel like you've got you don't play to the prize. I don't. How do you not step it up when there's something so huge as Metallica tickets on the chopping block.
Speaker 9: Played for me?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, thank you, King Louis Louis, Good morning man. Dude, who's playing for you today?
Speaker 11: Cheli is playing for me?
Speaker 3: Pick oh cool for you? N I don't think he cares about you going to see Metallica for some reason.
Speaker 6: He doesn't, Dude, I don't know what you picked wrong.
Speaker 7: I'll find out.
Speaker 3: Step it up.
Speaker 6: We're going to learn.
Speaker 3: I'm a flavor.
Speaker 5: Who's who's my my person?
Speaker 3: It's morning and you think, uh? I think Tesla's going to get you those Metallica tickets? Totally. I'm feeling the girl power to day, totally to Chili called us chish and as.
Speaker 5: He did, I saw you mouth, I read your lips, all right, I saw.
Speaker 3: You Tish, Team Tessa Lois, team Chile. Oh yeah, Chili looks like he's prepared to go first.
Speaker 5: You know what. He's psyching me out a little bit.
Speaker 3: Y'all brought the monster out of crap. Thank you, Thank you, everybody for the great words suggestions.
Speaker 11: He and gee dynamite.
Speaker 2: We got this?
Speaker 5: Oh I like that.
Speaker 3: I think we might get it all right, Here we go, all right, peanut gallery, Yeah, bring it down. Let's play a game. Chili's got headphones on. He can't hear me. Now, I'm gonna say some words. Twenty seconds. Yes, Alex is timekeeper today. That means you lost last week.
Speaker 1: I'm glad.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't have to play it in.
Speaker 3: Jesse sent this word in. Here we go twenty seconds. As soon as I say the word thumbs up, I've been ready for you. See how I got no mustache, nothing, I got clean shaving. I don't want to hear any bitching from this guy. Why are you laughing? I'm not laughing, Okay, I got to get that out.
Speaker 12: Stripper tipper, triple dipper, stripper, tipper, stripper, tipper, stripper, stripper, stripper, tipper, triple slipper, stripper, tip, nipple, triple nipper, stripper, tipper, time tripper, thipper, stripper, temper tripper, tipper, stripper, tipper.
Speaker 5: He's gonna be so bad.
Speaker 3: You should know this. You should know this.
Speaker 6: It was a threesome.
Speaker 3: No it wasn't ye stripper tipper threesome that my mouth looked like threesome stripper tipper, Oh, stripper, tramper.
Speaker 5: Temper, I like to triple dipper tripple, he said.
Speaker 6: He thought it was tripp tripper.
Speaker 3: Triple dipper made sense to me. Yeah, okay, here we go. Willy Willy sent this one in Willy. Let's roll. Bald beer. Bald beer. Bald beer.
Speaker 17: Confused with a ball bagot ball bag, bald beer.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite bits on the show. Ball bag bald beer.
Speaker 5: Willy and Chilly sitting in a tree.
Speaker 17: While you stare at them.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Here we go for Metallica tickets. Louis your boys got one?
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'm feeling it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I hope you are. I'm not here. We are. I don't know what you're feeling. I'm not feeling it. Here we go. Chris D sent this one in Chris D. Thank you comes up.
Speaker 18: Phone bone fart box phone bone phone, boner phone, home phone, bone front, boner phone, bone phone, boat phone, bone.
Speaker 3: Phone only phone bone he said, boner earlier. Listen, I was close. That's on you. You want to give that to him? I'm not giving him giving it to Okay, all right.
Speaker 5: He didn't. He is too late? Is my is my thing?
Speaker 3: Well? He said phone boner earlier, and I didn't give it to him. It was phone bone? Oh phone bone? Do you think er there was?
Speaker 1: I am an impartial third party.
Speaker 5: I didn't hear him say phone bon.
Speaker 3: There's no world we live in where phone bone and phone boner get.
Speaker 17: I didn't get down because I did added or he got one.
Speaker 3: He got one, Louis Lois Lewis, I cannot give you bone for boner. I'm not. I'm not doing that. Am I giving you bone for boner?
Speaker 12: To fair?
Speaker 3: You can't do that. I cannot do that. I gotta stop on my blue stooms. We could win though, we could still win, can you can you?
Speaker 1: I don't like your negativity rides.
Speaker 3: I feel like you've been chillis. It seems like you slanted the game's.
Speaker 17: I didn't know he meant that much that I didn't show up to him.
Speaker 3: You know, I know, you know what My feelings were hurt. Last I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Okay, now it's coming out Saturday.
Speaker 3: You want to thank you. Now it's coming out. My feelings were hurt. You want a sandwich. All right, here we go, yes, please, and that'll fix everything, all right. Tessa's got the headphones on, she can't hear me. Ross sent this word in and this is for Team Tish over here, the Tish team. Thumbs up, Thank you, Ross.
Speaker 16: Saggy Hooters, sack Cooter, Saggy Hooters, set Hooter, Saggy Hooters, Steady Hooters, Saggy Hooters, Stacking Hooters, Saggy Hooters.
Speaker 5: Stacking Hooters, saggs Saggy, Saggy Hooters.
Speaker 3: Damn it, I thought she was gonna get there. Hang on, sacking Cooters. This is the new band, is my new band. Everybody we are, It's we are. We're gonna, We're going on the road and I'm opening for Rosie my band. Stacking Cooters, Saggy Hooters. You were close, you were close, like stacking.
Speaker 6: Stacking, stacking.
Speaker 3: Okay, whatever, Okay, I'm I'm walking in. That's not how you want to start the dish Here we go. Brandon sent this one up. This is easy.
Speaker 5: Thumbs up, knives up, knives out, knives up.
Speaker 3: Knives up. Keep that that was an easy one.
Speaker 4: What is that? What is that?
Speaker 3: Fishwasher? Loading the dishwasher knives up some you don't do.
Speaker 5: I'm like, what is that a chore?
Speaker 3: Or is that something my boyfriend does? She will spit out of her whole Can she hear us? Now she's got one out? She didn't hear that. I didn't know you could hear us.
Speaker 5: He love that chort.
Speaker 3: He all right, here we go. I made him tell me. Kevin sent this one in. All right, here we go. Can I get the Yeah? I need that music. This is for the win. Yeah, you only got one. She got one for the win, for the metic, for the Metallica tickets or time. Kevin sent this one in. Here we go.
Speaker 6: Ready, Yes, I'm ready.
Speaker 19: Hammer, post apple bone hammer, post apple apple boat, hammer, post hamburger bones, hammer, post amber boat, hammer.
Speaker 5: Post hamburger burger hammer, post hamburger boat. I don't know, God, it's such an easy word. I don't know what it was it?
Speaker 4: What was it?
Speaker 5: Hamburger burger hammer, post hammer, post.
Speaker 3: He hit the post. Jim Adler hit the post when we played the game for this week. Oh my god, we're so late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you go first. It's so late.
Speaker 3: To get out, get out, Oh god. And I'm forced to do this in overtime Okay, you keep guessing, sir, until you get the word. Get the word quickly, Get the word quickly. Bird is the word.
Speaker 1: This might not that, bird might not be.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say this, of course. Okay, I won't say it. Lewis, button your lips, all right, bickering, all right, Here we go. Tish and Tessa are perfect for each other, shady cat, Here we go. All right, I'm gonna say I was gonna say, of course. Richard sent this in. This was a mistake that I made on the air this week, and maybe one of the more popular words that was sent in today. Thumbs up, dumbs up, President erection, pregnated rich President erection. PreO. I hear tis just talking away if she if she gets this, okay, Alex wrote down the time bring your girling.
Speaker 14: Come on.
Speaker 1: We're late, Yeah, we are real late. We might not play a song coming back either.
Speaker 3: See what has to say? Hi, Tish, what are you talking about? I don't know. It didn't really sound like President. I'm out of here. Oh you're you're f and I was just yelling at your partner friend, Tish, Tish, your little chemist. Let's go headphones quickly, all right, Tess I'm going to say the word. We're going to start timing you right after I say the word, I'll say it good. I'll say it the best ever. Hey, you know what, spin Zone, guess it good? Okay, just guess it good. No, you don't, Yes, I do. If you guessed it could we wouldn't be in this time breaking situation. Timer. Right when I get done saying the word, you start the timer. President Erection, Ranch President Erection, the season, Ranch President Erection, President in Chair, President Erection predict and Ranch President Erection is in rant President Erection, my precious Ranch President Erection Predident. We're so late, President.
Speaker 11: Erection, or you're guest making it out?
Speaker 3: President Erection, breast tissue, Tom, what is it? I made a mistake during a live read this week, President Erection.
Speaker 5: My god, Oh, Lewis.
Speaker 3: Lewis, No one believed at all, but.
Speaker 5: I know you know you didn't.
Speaker 3: Did I'm quite sure Tish has something to say. You're good.
Speaker 5: Oh I'm good, But I still think Chili said President, and really do you?
Speaker 12: Lewis.
Speaker 3: Metallica tickets win them, Win them before you can buy them go on sale tomorrow at ten June fourteenth, NRG Stadium congratulations you are in Lewis, Thank you so much. Thank you, my brother.
Speaker 1: Hang on Houston's Rock.
Speaker 11: Houston's and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Welcome back. I didn't even play the damn game. I'm exhausted, Okay, I was just I'm just saying the dumb words.
Speaker 5: And I'm exhausted right now because you were saying I'm good finally.
Speaker 6: Well actually the last one not so much.
Speaker 3: But I said I'm great. You guys didn't get them so good. I'll say that, how was that? Why were we in overtime with that performance?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 3: Why were we in overtime? All right, Sunny's guys today, no rain, high of eighty eight. Let's get after it one final time Houston's headlines please.
Speaker 5: So right now, I'm just trying to monitor the stuff from Helene. Officials say the time to prepare is now, as Hurricane Helen is forecast to make a landfall in Florida's Big Ben region tonight. Now. Helene is currently a category two according to this report that I'm reading, with winds of one hundred miles per hour, but it is expected to bring life threatening storm surge. And then I saw on the TV that it was a category three. They are saying that it is going to cause a lot of devastation if it continues to strengthen.
Speaker 6: So it's intensifying.
Speaker 5: Florida is bracing for impact, and forecasters are just warning these communities, even the communities that are hundreds of miles away, to prepare for the wrath of flooding, rains, powerful winds. They're saying either tonight or early tomorrow morning that this is when this storm is going to hit Inland. Okay, yeah, we just really really really want to pray for our friends in Florida.
Speaker 3: We hope, we hope that.
Speaker 5: This thing doesn't get any stronger. It doesn't need to get any stronger. All right, let's move on. The next thing I was talking about was the refinancing homes. There are applications to refinance seeing to refinance a home. Those are surging. According to the Mortgage Banker's Association Seasonal seasonally adjusted Index, applications to refinance a home loan rose twenty percent last week from the week before Compared to the same week a year ago. Demand is a whopping one hundred and seventy five percent higher. Alex was like, oh, that's because they lowered the interest rates, right, yep, that's direct Those are directly tied to each other. Average rates for a thirty year fixed rate mortgage with conforming loan balances decreased from six point thirteen percent from six point fifteen.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's still stupid.
Speaker 5: I was about to say, you're still still getting in on the housing markets.
Speaker 6: It's hard, It's really ridiculous, and it's hard.
Speaker 1: But that's the.
Speaker 5: Finance news of your day. Now, let's talk about sheets, because I felt like I was on an island earlier when I said, you know what, I don't really fanangle. I don't really wrestle with a top sheet every night. I kind of just go sheet and comforter.
Speaker 3: Don't feel that you're normal because oil and gas weirdo said, he does what you do. Okay, you're both weird.
Speaker 5: Hey, not the only one. There are other people on the accent.
Speaker 3: Back me up.
Speaker 5: There are lots of people coming forward from their box of shames.
Speaker 3: Hey, Peter Pan sleep on top of this fitted sheet underneath the top sheet.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, too many layers.
Speaker 5: Do you play a cake?
Speaker 3: There's it's you lose skin, you sweat, you do all these things so the easiest thing to change on a bed are the sheets, not a comforter.
Speaker 6: What is easy is not always the best.
Speaker 3: It is the best.
Speaker 5: No, it's not. Okay, listen, listen for you normies out there, I want you go take the poll question because you'd be surprised how passionate people are about tucking or non tucking that sheet. And what is our poll question? Read?
Speaker 3: Okay, when sleeping do you prefer the tuck or the note tuck? And I'm talking about where your feet are? Thirty percent prefer tucked, fifty five percent untucked. Thank you. You guys are getting this one right. Thirteen percent of you weirdos have no preference. There was a very famous, very very famous Seinfeld bit about this back in the oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like Jerry wanted it tucked and.
Speaker 6: George had requested it.
Speaker 3: Matt or vice versa.
Speaker 6: Sargas a hotel made for no tuck, but Jerry preferred to tuck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I feel trapped if my feet can't freely move around. That's weird that you like it tucked. If you are a tucked person, just.
Speaker 6: Get at the whole sheet. You don't have a worry about it.
Speaker 3: That's weird. You went oil and gas, Greg, Yeah, you're normal.
Speaker 5: We's my sleigh last night. Okay. Twenty years ago, Ben Stiller starred in Dodgeball.
Speaker 6: It's a wonderful movie.
Speaker 5: But now he's got his eyes on today's sport of the moment, I'm talking pickleball.
Speaker 6: Ben is directing a movie called The Dink.
Speaker 5: It stars Jake Johnson as a wash up tennis pro who becomes a pickleball player to save a club in crises. That makes sense. I feel like the tennis purists. It's like pickleballs beneath them, you know. But it's like once you have no choice, or once you say, okay, I'm gonna play pickleball, it's.
Speaker 6: Actually a very fun game.
Speaker 5: The cast also includes Mary Steinbergan, Ed Harris and Stiller will also be in it. They'll have supporting roles and Andy Roddick also signed up to have a supporting role.
Speaker 3: I think Ben Steeler's dad passed away, didn't he He would be great in that movie as a coach or something, just like an old guy in an old folks home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like the pro at the old folks home.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what. Ben Steeler's dad was one of the funniest men on the planet. So good, and the fact that he did the Seinfeld role and the King of Queens.
Speaker 2: Arthur Spooner on Queens was like as good as as George's dad.
Speaker 3: And then Ben would put him in his movies.
Speaker 6: He was on Zulander as May.
Speaker 3: Yeah, brilliant.
Speaker 5: That was so funny.
Speaker 3: I gotta prostrate the size of a cantalope.
Speaker 5: What do we do when we fall off the horse?
Speaker 6: Daris, I'm not a gymnast MORI.
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Did I tell you guys how late we are?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 14: You did it?
Speaker 5: Okay? Listen. Nickelback is announcing a live from Nashville album. They did a show that was sold out on their twenty twenty three tour. It had all kinds of guests Bailey Zimmerman, Hardy, Chris Joughtrey Branley, Gilbert, Josh Ross. And they turns out they recorded that whole show and now they're releasing it Live from Nashville November fifteenth.
Speaker 6: Those are using sad lights out.
Speaker 14: Late Go.
Speaker 4: Go.
Speaker 1: The Astros lost the Mariners yesterday eight to one. They rested some guys.
Speaker 2: It may have been a little sluggish after celebrating that Al West title the night before, though, they're gonna have a day off today before they open up a weekend series against the Guardians tomorrow night in Cleveland. On Thursday Night Football, we got Molik Neighbors and the Giants hosting. Dak Prescott and the Cowboys. Cowboys are six point favorites coming into this game. Kickoff is it's seven fifteen and you can watch it on Prime Video. That so, what's going on in spoilers?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: We'll get an update on Throwback Thursday, which we really have not been tending to very well today and I'll put that on me, so we'll do an update on Throwback Thursday. We've got floor tickets to go see Squeezer, Flaming Lips and Dino Junior on Saturday night. I'll get you those tickets, all right. Got some other things on the web that I do want to get to today on the show. Guys, we have a lot to cover here. We have a lot of ground to cover in this last hour. Strap yourselves in Houston's Alternative and tom at The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Ball emin Escence and going under Good Morning rod Ryan Show thrown back Thursday. Appreciate you guys starting your day off with us today. I appreciate everybody that came out last night. Home Run Dugout was a I mean, it was just packed packed on a Wednesday night. Rosie performed live and it was kind of our way of saying, hey, congratulations on making it to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. They have been added to the x's Theory of a dead Man Blue October, Sublime and Shine Down October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. That's the party that everyone's trying to win their way into, and that's why so many people were out in Katie with us last night. I do like this one here and a lot of you are sending me the pictures that we took. I told you it was just a NonStop photo fest last night, and I'd met you. Got to hang out with so many of you and talk to so many of you and spend a lot of time with you. Patricia says, Hey, I had fun last night. It was great to meet you. The band was awesome. I agree. I'm bummed I didn't win tickets to the anniversary party. I've been a fan of your show and the buzz since I moved to Houston in six from Venezuela, I will keep trying to win. Here's a pick from last night. There's my friend Maria, another huge fan of the show, and she said, and this is what I like about this. Have a great rest of your week. That's very nice of you. And then she goes on to say, we'll see you again on Saturday. We are going to win those tickets. She's determined. So, okay, I went out to Katie and I didn't win. I guess it's not for me. No, it's still for you. Yeah, Saturday, I'm gonna be on White Oak. I'm gonna be over at Onion Creek and they're doing a wing competition so you can buy like the wristbands and go around and like taste all the different wings and all that stuff. It's a competition a bunch a bunch of cookers making wings. Okay, it's for me. That's for me too. I can't wait to taste these wings. If I have time, I'm giving away a ton of tickets there.
Speaker 5: Make time to eat and put on some boat.
Speaker 3: Two to four, Yeah, two to four, we'll have the kids, so I'll slather her up, please, So we'll be slathered up and ready to go. It looks like it's gonna be a beautiful day on Saturday. And I love that Patty and her friend are coming back because they it didn't happen in Katie. Now they're going to go to the Heights and join us for that party two to four Onion Creek. I'll bring a ton of Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party tickets with me. I got some of those on Know the show. Chili put those there. That's nice of him. Floor tickets to see the Weezer, Flaming Lips, Dino Junior show that's coming up in just a moment, that's coming up. I did want to check in though, are we even doing Throwback Thursday today?
Speaker 5: We rarely.
Speaker 3: I know I haven't talked about it enough, but there's a lot of votes. Chili wants me to talk about it more. He the two songs that he wants are in second and third place.
Speaker 8: Not great.
Speaker 3: Three Doors Down is a huge band, guys. They are a juggernaut. Three Doors Down has almost seven hundred votes. That's good for forty eight percent of all the votes. Pod Southtown. I loved that clip that we played today. I loved it twenty six percent of the vote, twenty five percent Evans Blue. Those two songs are equally matched. They just can't handle They can't overtake Three Doors Down, Tessa, that's the song you want.
Speaker 5: I'm excited. I'd like to win something today. I get anything these days.
Speaker 3: He got to win. Huh. Yeah, and Eli is still fighting a way to bitch?
Speaker 5: What's wrong with Eli?
Speaker 3: Eli is still fighting a way to bitch? So am I right? Did Chili win?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He did read my lips today?
Speaker 12: He did?
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, Eli, that ice kicking son of a bitch. What do you say saying? You give head to head challengers a pass all morning long on words for answers, but you couldn't let Chili have boner?
Speaker 5: He why.
Speaker 3: He's giving me the friend off first one he won the game Bone and Boner. No, uh huh, you are not ever getting that on either fresh out of bed, head to head, Read my lips or anything else, Sam Titty, Bone and boner, You might as well up, said ham Titty. Okay, Bone and Boner will never pass for one another on any game we play, all right, Alex.
Speaker 6: I didn't check the time on the last Official.
Speaker 1: World in four seconds.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, oh yeah, he got it right away.
Speaker 5: One minute.
Speaker 3: That you would have still been guessing if we still if I let you go. All right, let's give away some tickets.
Speaker 5: Rude four tickets to see Wheezer, Flavoring Lips and Dinosaur Junior that will be at Toyota Center this Saturday.
Speaker 3: All right, seven one three, two, one two five nine four five looking for caller number ten Houston alternatives.
Speaker 15: And tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Show nine The Buzzing.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan Show. Oh we gotta give away tickets. Do do do do doo?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 18: Hi?
Speaker 3: Well, hello, who's this? Why are you ka?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 3: Katie? How are you today?
Speaker 18: I'm great?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 3: Super fantastic? Thank you for asking. Would you like to go see Weezer on Saturday night?
Speaker 5: I would love to.
Speaker 3: I got tickets for you. You're on the floor Flaming Lips and Dinosaur Junior. Don't sleep on those opening bands. Okay, there's a reason you have to trust Weezer that they're taking people that they love out on tour with them. They are such huge fans of those two bands. Get in there early and see everybody. All right, yeah, oh, all right, Katie, have a great time. Thank you, Thank you so much for being a part of the show today, hig Online, Kid's Alex Online, the much Yeah, Weezer, you've seen Flaming Lips before? Yes, I've never seen them, and I can't go Saturday because I'm working during the day and I can't. But Weezer, I heard them talking about these two bands. They were so influential to them, like these are bands that you know, Weezer looked up to these bands and then they just became They just blew past them because weez are so big. So then they went to these bands that they thought, you're the reason we are Weezer, and they're taking those bands out of the road with them. I thought that was pretty cool, you know, to give back type of deal. So don't sleep on those opening bands for sure. If you're going Saturday.
Speaker 4: What do you got?
Speaker 2: This is called notable people on Today's AOL. This was sent to me by Brandon Granger. I actually had a different AOL but the site was not working for me, so I could not use it today, so Brandon Granger saved my ass.
Speaker 1: This is you gotta be scrolling.
Speaker 2: Around the globe and you can zoom in anywhere and it'll show you who the most notable person is from that area that you are looking at. Currently in Houston, Texas, it's Beyonce. Beyonce is the most notable person. So that's pretty all right, dude.
Speaker 3: What happens when you scroll on north Tonawanda, New York.
Speaker 13: Rodwanda, Randy Ryan, Sue Ryan.
Speaker 3: Crazy, Yeah, General Motor Superstar. Are you in Maine? Were No, I'm right here. He doesn't know where north Tonnel Wand it is on the man.
Speaker 1: I know where Buffalo is, but google downs. John Cena is sort of notable from around that area.
Speaker 14: W E. B.
Speaker 1: Dubois you can forget him.
Speaker 3: I don't know any of those people.
Speaker 2: John d Rockefeller, Oh yeah, he's been were more down Fouth from South south Town to myself.
Speaker 3: That's the beauty.
Speaker 2: You can go look at it and find anybody notable anywhere who want finish ride Ryan Show Pages The Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 1: Shout to Brandon Granger for sending this.
Speaker 3: If you just click on the Whole Country Guatemala Chili.
Speaker 1: It's allid. It's just really like it's just like a giant chili in big letters.
Speaker 9: True First.
Speaker 3: Show, The Buzz, The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Thank you so much for having us on nine twenty eight. We got two minutes to get your votes in. All right, I'd like to talk two minutes a little bit of music. I had mentioned Green Day earlier. I had learned something today as I was prepping the show. We had talked about the recording industry, iaa recording industry, Artists of America, whatever the hell.
Speaker 5: Is stands for something like that.
Speaker 3: So to get a gold record in this country, you have to sell five hundred thousand copies of your record. Okay, Yeah, Platinum is a million, Yeah, diamond is ten million, insane, twenty million is double diamond. There are thirteen albums in the United States of America that have hit the double diamond status a minimum of double diamond. Green Day is one of them. That's green Day is Insane, which is not their debut. They haven't helpum all before Dookie. Dookie has sold twenty million copies. It's double diamond. When you look at a band like Green Day and they've put out million copies, you know, million selling albums after that. Yeah, but to have that twenty million base. If anybody ever questioned about rock and roll Hall of Famer one of the biggest bands of all time. Green Day, They're it whether you like them or not. Who's on that list? Shania Twain has a double diamond album. Michael Jackson Fleetwood Mac twenty one million copies of Rumors, Okay, Coody and the Blowfish twenty two million copies of Cracked rear view of Hell Yeah Correct Rearview, Billy Joel's Greatest Hits twenty three million, Garth Brooks Double Live twenty three million, Pink Floyd's The Wall twenty three million, Double Diamond, Zeppelin four twenty four million. The only Beatles entry is The White Album twenty four million. No other Beatles albums have sold twenty million copies. Green Day and The Beatles each have an album that sold twenty million or more copies.
Speaker 2: Wow, did you know what's crazy about the Billy Joel one is that if it's his greatest hits, that means like he've already owned those and well back and bought His greatest hits were so good that people just bought enough to make it go diamond.
Speaker 3: Remember that? Remember that thought? So the Beatles White Album is the biggest selling Beatles album of all time. It's twenty four million. The Eagles Hotel, California twenty six million copies ac DC Back in Black, brand new lead singer. After the singer died eight months later, they put out an album with a new lead singer, and it becomes one of the biggest albums of all time. Back in Black twenty seven million copies. Alex already mentioned it. Michael Jackson Thriller thirty four million. Okay, The Eagles Greatest Hits is the biggest selling album Wow in American history, thirty eight million copies of The Eagles Greatest Hits. They're okay, I'm going to see him. I'm going to see him. I'm going to see him in the sphere. But there's no question who the biggest and who the greatest American rock band of all time is. It's the Eagle, it really is. I know you're gonna come at me. Listen, Zeppelin, Beatles, It's not Stones who it's not us. The only argument you have Green Day right by one album, Uh, Diamond, I will accept a conversation about Aerosmith. I guess you could mention Van Halen, Metallica. Those types of bands, the great, the biggest, the Beach Boys, I think for me would be the only argument. Who's the biggest American rock band of all time? It's the Eagles, Metallica. No diamonds, you said, no, no diamonds, Green Day, diamonds, no double dime.
Speaker 2: This was a dub diamond, more double diamonds than Metallica.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's wild Green Day. I'm quite sure that the Black album is a diamond. I'm sure it's plus over ten million.
Speaker 2: Well, couldn't you argue that that would put Green Day in the conversation for best American rock band?
Speaker 3: Like that's that's a pretty solid stat to have.
Speaker 6: You make a day point.
Speaker 3: They have to be mentioned, they have to be mean.
Speaker 11: Just saying y'a not saying they are.
Speaker 1: I'm saying this is a conversation that the beheads.
Speaker 6: It's like something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chili, no amount of stalling is going to help you today. I did that for you, buddy, Buddy. I did that for you, bro.
Speaker 6: That whole dissertation was for you.
Speaker 14: I did.
Speaker 3: I thought it was very interesting, though I didn't know some of those numbers. Wow, Evans Blue twenty percent of the vote, cold great song. We got to get that somewhere in rotation. I love that pod Southtown thirty percent of the vote, forty eight percent of the vote, eight hundred and ninety four votes. Three doors down as your champion today. Mom, it's so about Thursday, whatever.
Speaker 12: The hell that is.
Speaker 3: Here's your throwback Thursday winner on ninety four five the buzz looking back from beginning of this.
Speaker 9: And how I was.
Speaker 20: Suing me, loving all of the friends, living a life I.
Speaker 5: Can little shun.
Speaker 3: So now the curls only pulling me down its skin and hard to read.
Speaker 14: It won't be two mental needle.
Speaker 3: Can you save me from there?
Speaker 20: Because it's not my son. I'm not going as a fear of me. It's not show and should be here telling.
Speaker 14: Me that everything I know, I won't.
Speaker 20: A look shittu overtreasing with me and on the trees that we had.
Speaker 3: I'm then a word to try to take over away. Oh worn take him aback all the time.
Speaker 20: I'm just spen too to understands marriage really.
Speaker 4: My family's life etive.
Speaker 3: It's not over we have, it's what we believe.
Speaker 14: It's not my sound.
Speaker 20: I'm not going ever feared me. It's not sholstre so me see guy, but it's not my sid I'm not going.
Speaker 13: Doesn't be on me.
Speaker 3: And now I've ma stribes, so.
Speaker 14: The very thing I won't there, my pet, my pill, my people.
Speaker 3: And your chis see. But it's not my sound.
Speaker 14: I'm not going.
Speaker 5: There's a fear of me.
Speaker 3: It's my soul and stubby the.
Speaker 14: Very thing, but it's not my sound. I'm not going.
Speaker 3: There's a man me nosto, me.
Speaker 4: Chan rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the.
Speaker 3: Busy, Good morning ninety four or five the bus Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. I don't know what the hell that was. Three days Grace and just like you, Three Doors Down was your champion today and we're talking about throwback Thursday. Lots of votes. Thank you guys. I appreciate you getting in there and voting. I still have fun with this every day. We hadn't had Three Doors Down in there in a long long time, and they really really dominated. Man, there's a reason that's considered one of the best concerts of the summer season. For sure. When they were on the road with Creed, no rain today, sunny skies highs them around eighty eight is the cool front starting. I mean, I get excited like you too. I really do. But in the same breath that we're thinking about, you know, our weather, you got to think about our friends over in Florida and Tallahassee and in that area hurricane is it Helene or is it Helene? Helene expected to make landfall in Florida tonight, So I know all eyes of the nation are going to be on that, and we're wishing them the best. I mean, you're glad it's not you. You certainly don't wish that upon anybody else. But overall, this was predicted to be like an outrageously busy hurricane season, and it really hasn't been. It really hasn't been that busy. I know that we got smacked in the mouth a couple of times early on, but for the most part, it hasn't been so bad. But wishing them the best for our friends over in Florida, for sure. I know we've got some people listening on iHeartRadio that have checked in with us. Okay, no, the show is coming up. I guess the only thing we haven't given away on the air is the twentieth anniversary party tickets October twelve, carbonk Brewery.
Speaker 16: Nice.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll take a break and we will come back and Tessa, we'll have a question for you.
Speaker 11: Stay there and the rod Ryan Morning Show AM.
Speaker 3: The Buzz ninety four or five the bus, Good morning rod Ryan's Show. As we get ready to wrap up a throwback Thursday, tell everybody what the ticket is.
Speaker 5: Those passes to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 6: Everyone's been wanting these.
Speaker 5: Which is why I don't want you guys to have a reaction to this question. Stop with the hints.
Speaker 3: All right, don't react, Alex, you do not react, react, over react. No reaction from me, whatsoever? What is your question? I mean, you're really setting this up. I know, well, I need I need to know.
Speaker 6: This is a specific question.
Speaker 5: What time did Chile show up to Rod's event and home run dug out in Katie last night?
Speaker 3: This is my no reaction, no react, that's it.
Speaker 5: They know the number and they know what it's for.
Speaker 6: For the passes.
Speaker 16: I am not.
Speaker 3: Reacting at all. There's no reaction from me. Tell me the time. Not reacting.
Speaker 5: Don't I want to right now?
Speaker 3: I want to react. I'm not going to What.
Speaker 6: Time did Chila show up at Rod's event last night?
Speaker 14: Please?
Speaker 3: Seven? No reaction, none at all for me seven one, three, two, two, five, nine four five, still not reacting. Ryan celebrating twenty.
Speaker 20: Years on the buzz, twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us have ever met.
Speaker 3: Yeah Yeah, ninety four five the buzz, no reaction, Come on you loves, ninety four or five the buzz. Good morning Rob Ryan Show. Busy, busy, busy today. Thank you guys for joining us. I see no rain to worry about. Sunny skies, highs around eighty eight. Wrap this show up, he is now time for I know this show on ninety four five The buzz. La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la. Over to the phones. Good morning, Rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hello, Hi, who's this Amanda?
Speaker 3: Okay Man, did take a big deep breath? Let me hear it? Go I said, take a big deep breath. I didn't say give me any kind of an answer. I'm just looking for a breath out of you, big deep breath. Let's hear you. All right, Now, let's ask the question before you give an answer. I know it's exciting. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, tell me what time did Chile show up to Rod's event at Home Run Dugout, which is probably less than a mile from his home.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he could have walked there. It's a trick question. He did not show up.
Speaker 5: Disappoint that disappointment your extra passes.
Speaker 11: Nice now.
Speaker 3: Left me hanging, left me hanging. I'm gonna I'm gonna bring in the Band of Brothers box set. I'm gonna let him watch that. Hey, okay, left me hanging last night, Amanda, you win? What are you giving him?
Speaker 14: Dude?
Speaker 5: Years so odd? That was a trick question because you know the show. You get a pair of passes to the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 4: You call.
Speaker 5: I'm shaking a love street balled with me.
Speaker 3: I absolutely will awesome. That's awesome, all right, Amanda will see in the party. Oh I was an excited Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Amanda, thank you. Oh Rosie, I love her.
Speaker 5: Listen to this voice and the sacking.
Speaker 3: Rosie did such a great job last night. They're going to be playing at the party that Amanda is now going to be at the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. Rosie Exy's Theory of a Dead Man, Blue October, Sublime and Shine Down all on the bill. Thank you Rosie for last night. They were awesome. Today on the show, Sean beat JJ he got caught speeding. Still dominated, going for win number three tomorrow fresh on a bed, head to head. No, that was three. He's going for four. That's right. Throw back Thursday voters, thank you. Chiley does not thank you, but I'm going to thank you all for voting. Thank you for the words that were submitted. Tessa will not thank you. Listen, you can't beat You can't ever get everybody on the show to like you at the same time. Okay, it's never gonna happen. Okay, Mark Zuckerberg, I hate him today. Yeah, we got flagged twice. Now this morning we had two posts that got removed. Nothing was obscene, there was no nudity, there was nothing. It was too thick. Two separate posts got removed already this morning from Facebook. I mean, they could take your page away with that stuff. It's so stupid. On the X, we never have any problems with the X for some reason, we don't. When sleeping, do you prefer tuck or no tuck on the top sheet? Okay, except for you psychos with no sheets.
Speaker 6: That's us.
Speaker 5: You and Oily gets right.
Speaker 6: We united on this front.
Speaker 3: Fifty six percent of you like the foot and untucked thirty one percent of you tucked twelve percent. Just don't give a flip out here.
Speaker 6: You're all weird outside.
Speaker 3: Thank you for all the pictures from last night. I appreciate it. I'm gonna do a fing. I'm gonna work on that right when I get off the en, I'm gonna put a those pictures up on our Facebook page. See if Zuckerberg takes us down Tomorrow is up in phones tomorrow. Free beer Friday, Tomorrow, Fanny Friday. Chili tells me, okay, so free beer Friday. We're gonna have a pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party with every case of beer. So that's four winners, eight six packs of tickets, a six A six pack of tickets to the party with every case of beer. I have four pair of passes to Metallica. I have four pairs of tickets to go see Metallica before they go on sale. So that's gonna be on the show tomorrow. That's it. New Past the Gravy is up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brand New Past the Gravy. Go check it out.
Speaker 3: It's dope. Tesla's gonna be on Houston Life today at one o'clock. Jeremy's up next NonStop Noon or pick your tickets with him, and he's got more passes to The Rod Ryan Show. All right, guys, that's it, AMF. But well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.