Speaker 1: This is WWE Superstar Drew McIntyre and you're listening to the WWE podcast.
Speaker 2: The show, the one that everybody wants me Godete sixteen. So just what your ass is, my arn? You're gonna acknowledge me?
Speaker 3: All right, everybody, Welcome to the ww podcast. Time to talk Monday Night Raw. That took place last night, and boy, what an event it was?
Speaker 4: What a I mean?
Speaker 3: I feel like RAW had more talking points than the actual pl did for Survivor series. There's there's a lot to talk about, big events, big return to big hill turns. That's right, two big hill turns. We'll talk about that on a segment with The New Day that I have been back and forth and forth and back and seeing every opinion under the sun about it, and I've been able to formulate my own opinion. I think I've landed on a solid perspective on that one, as I've kind of waffled back and forth. But I want to welcome you guys to the show. If you're new here, you can get an ad free experience. All the ads you hear throughout the show disappear, just like magic. If you head on over to Patreon dot com, Slash WWE podcast and get yourself an ad free everything and you can head it on over to Apple. Apple does offer that as well. Now Apple also offers an ad free experience for not just this show, but our new show. It's called The War on Truth and it is not wrestling based, so just FYI is not about wrestling, but you can get that also on Patreon at patreon dot com slash the War on Truth. So we now have ad free options in the same places for both shows. All right, let's get into it. Let's get into Monday Night Row. I'm just gonna talk about the New Day right off the top, not gonna wait. I'm gonna talk about the New Day. Yes, we had a big return at the end of the show. Yes we had a punk seth rollins segment and New Day celebrating throughout the night looking like things are good, and both Kofe and Xavier turn. Both men turn, not just Xavier that we've been expecting for weeks and weeks and really months at this point, and it really did swerve us, most of us. I don't think anybody saw Kofe also being the one to turn with Xavier. I don't think that was really something that was in the cards, including myself.
Speaker 4: I mean I didn't see it coming.
Speaker 3: I might have floated it as a possibility, and yeah, at one point I might have, but I certainly didn't land on it as any serious reality that could take place.
Speaker 4: And it did. So let's let's get into it. Let's let's let's get into the.
Speaker 3: Details here as a as a point by point, and we have have the New Day ceremony, balloons, championship belts, photos, bootios, and Pierce comes out and introduces Kofe and Xavier. They walked out together and the crowd was chanting New Day rocks, and then we had Woods said getting to this point is more than they could have dreamed of. Woods said they wanted to thank everyone, and Kingston said has been a hell of a ride. He said he never in his wildest dreams would have imagined everything they'd accomplish. Kingston said they could have couldn't have done it without the fans, and fans called for Big Ee. Woods said they missed him too, and Woods said what they were about to tell the fans is not their fault. Woods said they have nothing but love for the fans, and Kingston said he and Wood spoke and after what happened between them last week and Biggie's entrance theme interrupted, Kingston and Biggie walked out, while Barrett said that while Biggie has hosted premium live events, he hasn't appeared on Raw SmackDown in nearly four years.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, It's crazy. Is it really been four years?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Way, I mean, I have to go back. I got to google that when did Biggie get injured? Because when I heard that stat, I said to myself, well, no, no, no, that's wrong, that's wrong. Okay, Biggie was injured back on March eleventh, twenty twenty two, so I was like, what almost three years ago? I mean two and three quarter years ago, so that that's a wrong stat unless I'm reading this wrong. But however, we let's continue on here. We had Biggie tell the fans he can't thank them enough. He said he wished he was there under the under different circumstances, and said that seeing Kingston and Woods bickering and saying some of the most hurtful things imaginable to one another hurt his soul, and he said they had each other when they started the New Day, and Kingston was contemplating retirement and he and Woods were close to being fired. Biggie recalled Kingston and Woods being at the hospital making sure he was okay. He spoke about being in a neck brace when he held Kingston's child for the first time, and he said that what they built means a lot to people, and it means a hell of a lot to him. So until I'm medically the cleared to return to this ring, I'm going to remind the two of you exactly who we are or who you are. And Biggie added he would be there every week as their manager. That's about to change because Woods said he was about to speak when a new Day rocks Champ broke out and Or he was about to speak, and then he said, now you want to come back after you watched this fight for months, after you watched us argue to the edge of a cliff and the last thing left to do is jump. Now you want to come back e you left us and Kingston Or he said that he broke his neck, Kingston cut him off, and probably the line of the night. I can't believe that Kofi Kingston had the line of the night, but he did, and he said, yeah, you broke your neck, so what And he said that Steve, Austin, Kurrent, Angle and Edge all broke their next and came back. And Woods said those three didn't even have people to come back too. And Big Kingston said, as big and strong as he is, and because he never actually had surgery, he was actually telling them he couldn't have come back before. E said he's been doing his best to get back, and then Wood said he tore his achilles off the bone and actually needed surgery, but he was back in nine months. For Bigie, Kingston said that if he actually cared about them, he would have been back a long time ago. And he chose his life as a new girlfriend his stepchild over them. Do you even realize the burden you've become? That's a great line. Woods complained about the fans everywhere saying they miss E, and Woods say they almost almost also miss E, but E didn't miss them, and Biggie's They said that Biggie chose himself over Woods, and Woods told Ee to stop teasing the people and speak the truth. He said, you're never going to be medically cleared. Woods told he to get the hell out of the ring and get back to his desk where he belongs, and Biggie was off Mike saying, you know, you guys are gonna really throw this all away right now, they could fix this. Biggie went for a hug at Kingston straight armed him, and Biggie pleaded with Woods. So I did have mixed feelings on this.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 3: I was very adamant that the only solution that they could have at this point to not be to not do anything wild, was to have Kofe an Xavier have a few big E tries to break it up, you know whatever, he's there for for some kind of trying to be the voice of reason, and Xavier turns on Kofe and instead we get just a apparently off camera resolution between Xavier and Kofe, and they came up with the brilliant idea that Big Ye is the is the problem. He's the reason that they're failing, even though he's not there. That's the whole point. He's not there to help when he should be, even I mean even saying you broke your neck, so what I mean, that's that's just it's great. I don't know who came up with that, but boy, that was that was That was a very impactful line, and so I was originally a little bit annoyed that they just totally abandoned this story that they built with Kofee and Xavier and the tension and the shoving and when are they going to finally attack one another? One's Xavier finally going to have enough? And they didn't pay that off in that way. It still may come down the line, but for the time being, we are getting a dual heel turn with Biggie who's apparently not medically cleared to can wrestle yet. And again I was originally annoyed, but the promos were arguably the best promos that either man has cut in their entire careers. Now that's not saying much given that I have a massive issue with the New Day characters. I've despised them for the last decade. Like I said, outside of the first half a year, I was not entertained by them and did not find them funny. I found them obnoxious. The trombone more than outlived It's welcome. We had bootios, we had disrespecting the WWE Championship. I mean, just go down the line, the inside jokes, the sophomore humor, the breaking of the fourth wall, all the crap that I hate about pro wrestling in today's modern era, they embodied on a weekly basis, and I despise them for it. Okay, so the bar is not exactly high. I mean I can't even recall any good promos from them at all during that ten years, so the bar again is low. But I also may be a bit biased, and given that I just tune them out on a weekly basis. So my point is they had an awesome night because these promos. Were they over the top a bit?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And all of a sudden just turning on E because he wasn't there for them, even though he has a broken neck. Is that a little bit off the believable spectrum? You could argue? But what does this do? It turns both men heel, which both men are in desperate need of a change after ten effing years of doing the same shtick. It's about time. It also showed you how good Exavier is on the mic, or rather reminded you how good he is on the mic.
Speaker 4: He was just stellar. I mean, Xavier played his part well, so did Kofe. Who knew Kofe had that in him?
Speaker 3: Mister positivity, right, it was great and to see the sympathy on Bigie's face or the hurt on his face to garner sympathy from the viewing audience, I think it generally worked. Now the question is, okay, you did this two heel turns. Now, what's the deal? What do you do with this group? The group is effectively disbanded outside of KOFE and Xavier still remaining a team, which, again the downside is Xavier doesn't get his breakouts singles run yet that we've been waiting for. I know I have, but you've seen that he can definitely hold his own. He's more than ready for a singles run. But if they feel that this temporary still alliance with KOFE is going to be best for his long term success, than fine, I'm you know, I'm I'm ready to see where they take it. But the sympathy on Biggie's face is where we're really supposed to keep our focus here, because the fans are thinking, well, where the hell is Biggie? If they're gonna do this, they got to have him medically cleared right, Well, he may be close, and I think that there's a theory out there that's been floated that I prescribe to, and that is Big Eie returning to in ring action at the Royal Rumble. That's what I think is going to happen. And I think what you're going to see is having both e I'm sorry, Kofe and Xavier run rough shot be just obnoxious as hell for the next two months, maybe even have Big Eie next we come back or on SmackDown because they the brand rules don't exist wherever, and try to just talk to them one last time, give it one last try to fix things. And they then resort to trying to break Biggie's neck with a chair. I did talk about that on my previous show, that that's a possibility, you know, and having Big Ee somehow get involved physically, but that's how you do it. And maybe they do use a chair around his head and try to snap his neck again, and maybe they go that far in a safe way, of course, and then Bigie disappears for two months, right he disappears. You kind of put him in the back of your mind thinking, okay, well they did that spot, maybe he's not medically cleared, and then both Kofe and Xavier are in the ring alone, at the Rumble and here comes Big e That would be a hell of a story to tell in the Rumble. Not that any of those three men have a chance to win the Rumble, but it's one of those those stories within the general story for the Royal Rumble that I would love to see play out and have Big Eie the pop for Biggie if he weard who returns to the ring at the Rumble, I think would be you know, if a ten is the best pop I've ever heard, it'd probably be like a seven and a half, which is again in the grand scheme of thirty years of watching and listen to wrestling, pretty good, pretty good, you know sample size seven and a half I think is where it would land. And just because if they set it upright and having Big Eie come out, it would be a lot of fun. Now the question would become, you know, what's the long term plan? Is Biggie just work with Kofeed Xavier.
Speaker 4: Down the line?
Speaker 3: Where does that land? I mean, you can't do a two on one scenario forever, So how do things even out? Well, Biggie has to find a companion. At some point, He's gonna have to find a tag team partner to take down the New Day or take down with le of the New Day in Kofe and Xavier. So again that's about four steps, five steps, six steps away.
Speaker 4: But this is.
Speaker 3: Clearly something that they're working towards, because otherwise you wouldn't bring Biggie in here to use him as a tool for a heel turn, which I think was very effective. A dual heel turn. How often do you see that? And then you have Biggie be set up for again a physical in ring return if you don't have big Eie return for entering competition. I don't know what the hell this was for. Yeah, I don't know, but it does also make me excited for what could be next for Biggie. And maybe he stops gyrating and he stops making jokes, it starts getting serious. That'd be nice, if you know, if he comes back on a singles run. But anyway, my ultimate conclusion for this segment while I did, was mixed and back and forth. They've hooked me, not line and sinker, but I have the hook in my mouth and I'm willing to go along for the ride. I initially was saying, are you what is this? Why are we pivoting thinking it's one of those Vince McMahon specials where they pivot to pivot to shock for shock's sake, with no actual idea of what the follow up is, just to swerve fans that think they're the smart ones that know what we're gonna do, and that ha, see how we're gonna fool you, And then his fans are gonna go, Okay, yeah, cool, you did. What's next though, how how does this benefit you again long term? Do you have a plan?
Speaker 4: No? Oh well, congrats, congratulations. Right.
Speaker 3: It felt a lot of times like creative we do that to fans, and with Triple H and company, they seem more strategic. They're all about storytelling long term. At least they're fooling me. If they aren't, it seems like they are. So I'm here for it, like I'm gonna let it play itself out, and I've kind of given you a at least through the rumble of how things I think could go. All right, Well, we obviously had a lot more happen on Raw, so.
Speaker 4: Let's get to that.
Speaker 3: Let's start at the beginning of Raw, and we had Punk come out in his non wrestling attire, introduced by Lily and Garcia still cool to he hear Lilian on the mic and he says, oh, it's good to be alive. I don't know why he does that, but he said the show. The show was sold out. He said the last time he saw fans, fans saw him on RAW. He wasn't sure what the future held coming from a Helen a Cell match, and said he was fresh off of a potential career ending War Games match, but he was feeling a lot better than he did coming out of Helen a Cell. And he said that he put things aside and in some personal business for a friend, Paul Haman and then Punks took it and stood on the middle rope and said he knows what the future holds. He pointed to the rafters and asked fans if they could see it. Punk said he could see it, even though everyone told him it wasn't there. Punk said he knows what the future holds. He said there are different roads you can take to get there, and there's different ways to finish your story. Can we retire that phrase? I just I need to retire the finish your story phrase. I don't need to hear it anymore. But Punk spoke about the Royal Rumble an elimination chamber being his possible road, and he also said he has a favor or two that he can call in, so that could be exactly what he's using for Paul Haman. For is not to get a match with Roman, he could do that at any time, but to potentially use Paul Haman's leverage, his political influence, if you will, to get himself into a big time match for a championship. Maybe Punk also should explore the option of I don't know, attack the champion, go up to him and just say, hey, you and me, what do you want to put the belt online? Hey, Gunther, I'm calling you out, just like walk out Raw and walk out with Rawl and say hey, calling you out, or even put out a simple tweet.
Speaker 4: All of these are.
Speaker 3: Ultra easy and will be as effective as getting a match by going the hard way.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: So, of course I'm using too much logic. In pro wrestling land, they are trying to tell a story with Punk, I understand that. But if this was actually a real a real competition, and this was something that was actually something he was trying to do but trying to find a way to do it, this would be the way. Literally, send out a tweet and you will get your match, or at least it'll be the start of your progression towards getting a championship match. Again, like I said, just call him out on a raw, but I get it.
Speaker 4: It's a story. It's fine.
Speaker 3: So anyway, he said that he oh after the favor. We then got interrupted by Seth Rollins and Punk and Rollin stood in opposite corners, and then we had Rollin say he's been he's been thinking a lot, and he determined that he should have knocked Punk's ass out the day he returned to w w A and said he's regretted not doing it every single day for the past year. Rollin said he is said a lot has gotten in the way over the last year, and Rollin said Punk got hurt. He had titles to the defend and a bloodline to take down. Rollin said the last time he saw Punk, he was close to taking his shot, but yet he had pity for him because he had just come out of Helen a Cell. Rollin said having pity for Punk was his mistake, and Rollin said that's seeing punk Sten triumphant next to Roman Reigns made it clear to him that it was time to rectify his mistake. Rollins removed his jacket tossed it the ringside, and then Rollin said there's nothing in his way or Punk's way. Rollins said no one was holding him back or them back, and the only thing between them was air and hatred, and Rollins said he had a feeling in his gut that this would be the right of the night he knocks Punks on his ass. Punk then said that he talks too much and he doesn't listen. Punk recalled saying he put the personal things aside and said that Rollins was championed six months ago and now he had something he wanted at that time, but now he has nothing that he wants. And Punk said he knows where he's going. I know it's in my future, kid, you ain't it and Punks stepped closer to Rollins while saying that Rollins thought about him for six months, but he doesn't think about Rollins at all. Punk said he has things to do in the business and told Rollins to stay out of his and then he said that Punk talks too much, that Rollins that is, and he doesn't listen enough. He said this is my business? And then Rollins shoved Punk to the mat. Punk got up and a bit of a fighting stance there, and Jay was so and Sammy Zain played security guard here and pulled Punk and Rollins apart, and of course Adam Pierce blew his top because he's paid to do that on a weekly basis. And we had Rollins get on the mic and asked Punk if he's his business now, and Rollins threw some kicks a Punk through the ropes and Zain said that he gets that Rollins is angry, but he doesn't get to talk to Jay that way, and Rollin said Zaane was right, and that's it ended up causing tension between Sammy and Seth that led to our event. So we'll talk about that in just a little bit. Quite an interesting effective segment here, effective segment, and this really pushed things forward in a big way. You know, we got to Punk Rollins finally, but did we It is December, after all, WrestleMania is what however, four or five months away, four months, four months, four months in change away, so it could be time to start teasing it. But if the WrestleMania plan are those two.
Speaker 4: Hooking it up? Locking it up.
Speaker 3: Then it may be still too early, so this may be a dress rehearsal for what the real program is going to be after the Rumble or maybe even after Chamber when they go full blast into Seth and Punk. My point is, you can't do Seth Punks starting now if the plan is to have them also compete at WrestleMania too early, so I think they're just maybe setting the table. Rollins once again is going to get distracted or Punk's gonna get distracted once again, That's my guess, So we'll see how that works out. Unless they have separate plans for both Rolins and Punk at WrestleMania, they may not be actually aiming for that, and they're getting this match out of the way now for Saturday Night's main event, or maybe at the Rumble itself, although I do think that that would be a waste of both men if they're going to compete in a match and not compete at the Rumble.
Speaker 4: But they can do both, I guess.
Speaker 3: All right, so we then have the first match of the night after a Balor segment in the back. We'll talk more about that, but Eoski and Kyrie saying versus Live Morgan and Richel Rodriguez was the very first match of the night. This match was five and a half minutes with live Morgan and Raquel beating EO in Kyrie Sane and it was Raquel Rodriguez getting a Tata bomb for the victory on Kyrie Sane and you know obviously won the match. After the match, though, Morgan Rodriguez attacks saying and Ria Ripley's music hit and she comes out. Morgan acted like she was gonna fight Ripley, but she fled, and then Ripley cleared the ring, uh clear Rodriguez from the ring with a clothesline and slammed her head on the broadcast table several times. And then Morgan you know, jumped on Ripley's back, which allowed Raquel to kick Ripley in the gut and then throw her into the corner of the table and try to damage her already damaged eye or orbital bone. And so Ria Ripley did the best she could sell that looked like she was okay. I mean, they didn't try to provide us with any special effects or fake blood or anything like that, so more of just the story that they're trying to tell of these vicious heels trying to go after an injury that we all know was real. So all right, we then had Yeah, besides, there was a Eosky botch that wasn't particularly fun, but it was one. So there you go, Chris Jericho, if you're listening, Yeah, there was a botch. Yo Ski had a botch. Did you hear about the word botch, Chris? If you wonder what the hell I'm doing, guys, I said this on my last show. Chris Jericho has a really big problem with fans saying botch as if apparently we're not authorized to say it without prequalified approval, you know. Anyway, So Dakota Kai then took on Kyrie saying, I'm sorry Dakota Kai versus Katana Chance versus SHANEA Basler, Yes she still worked for the company, and a women's Intercontinental title tournament match and this was seven minutes where Dakota Kai ends up beating Katana Chance and Shanna Basler in seven minutes and it wasn't the smoothest of matches.
Speaker 4: And hey, you know, what can you say? You know.
Speaker 3: This wasn't really a botchy match, if you will, It wasn't one that was you know, you know, the smoothest of matches, particularly the ending with Katana Chance hitting the four fifty on Shanna Basler that was about six inches away from her. You know, obviously she landed on her hands and knees, and you know, Shane Basler had to sell it like she had actually been splashed like that. That wasn't great, but it was. It was actually nice to see Shanna Basiler in there. And and if you were to ask me who was going to advance in this, I would have said SHANEA.
Speaker 4: Baisler.
Speaker 3: I mean, whatever happened to snap tap or nap? Remember that? Remember the Remember the elimination chamber when we had Shanna Basler just buzz saw through six women or five women, remember that Live Morgan being one of them in that match. I believe I'd have to go back and see who the participants were. Was that twenty twenty two? Maybe it was twenty twenty, No, it was you know what it was. Might have been twenty twenty because they were trying to build her up for Becky Lynch. And we have the beautiful, you know, empty arena WrestleMania in the Performance Center that we all want to forget. Ever happened. I appreciate WW for doing it, but.
Speaker 4: It's just it was a a crime of many injustices. It was.
Speaker 3: Not a not a great night because this is the ambiance was just totally killed that night, and so many programs that night were unfortunately derailed because of the crowd not being there. And I felt horrible for Drew Back and Tire that night, even though he beat brock Lesner, Randy Orton and Edge with their brilliant program and build up have a backstage brawl for like forty five minutes from remember that, so like, yeah, I mean, maybe at some point I'll go back and review WrestleMania thirty six, but it's one I'm sure we all want to forget. However, way off track, I just remember a Shannon Basler that was a killer. I remember shanea Basler that would actually try to break people's arms. She broke night and again this is of course in story, although she did. I don't know if well, Ahally, I don't know if Shane Bazler actually had any actual issues injuring women. But Shanna Basler, she went on a tear at one point of just snapping people's limbs, and it was so much fun to watch. That's who Shana Basler is a killer or was so I would have picked her in this.
Speaker 4: Match, but I was dead wrong.
Speaker 3: Alrighty, so let's see here the January sixth RAW debut on Netflix, got a video package. Don't forget John Cena will be on that raw. It's going to be a massive raw. I don't think it's just John Cena. You very well and likely will see the rock Hell stone.
Speaker 4: Cold maybe there.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's gonna be a star studded raw. They're going to try to make it and rightfully so a massive raw.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: For the debut on Netflix. This is a massive transition, the first time they've gone off cable TV into a streaming service exclusively. No deal with Fox with a raw anyway, no deal with the USA, just Netflix. So that's a big deal. And the first show after the holidays, after New Year's is always a big show. It's like things get a get supercharged because you're past the holidays and past all the tapings and the double show tapings, and you're ready to just get into WrestleMania season. The rumbles right around the corner, you know you're ready to just go. So this is gonna be a massive show, alrighty soh. Then we had the New Day celebration, which we already went over, and then we have a carrying Cross video promo being aired, and he said he's done some terrible things to people and he's actually then he's actually proud of He said he has a tolerance when people do things back to him. But he took issue with that quote creature that was being sent to go after his wife. Cross said he wants the Wyat six in the arena next week, and he said they started the fire and now he will make sure they burn in it.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 3: Short to the point, all right. World heavyweight Champion Gunther took on Dominic Mysterio in a non title match, and this match ended up going pretty short for a gun through match six minutes and forty five seconds with Gunther defeating Dominic. But here's the finish. Guntherer put dominant sleeper. They moved to the corner, the referee was trapped with his back turned. Dom threw a low blow that the ref didn't see to break the hold. Dom hit a six to one nine and followed up with a frog splash for the near fall. Again, you have a low blow and yes, I know it's Dominic, Okay, not the strongest guy in the world, but it's still a finish in pro wrestling. You need to respect it. And again, even after a low blow was applied, which is a finish in and of itself or used to be, you have an actual finish being applied and he still kicks out. I just take issue with it. It takes the drama out of finishes being hit. I'm not saying finishes should never be kicked out of, but when you expect them to. The expectation is that that finishes are kicked out of like everyone's are kicked out of. You got a problem, all right. So we then had a Gunther blast Doom with a chop hit a power bomb for the victory. So Dom doesn't kick out of that, but uh, Gunther should have won that, and he did. After the match, though, Finn Balor attacks Gunther and ended up hitting him with the Coudigra, and Balor approached Dom and said watch and learn, kid. He hit two more coudigras and then picked up the title and dropped it on Gunther A one more time. Champ broke out and Baler smiled at Dom and left the ring. As Baler walked to the back, he said, that's how you do it, and Dom needs to watch and learn. So it looks like if I was to venture a guest, that's not exactly earth shattering or intelligent, but logical. We're gonna have a triple threat for the World Heavyweight Championship at the Saturday Night main event in a couple weeks with Gunther Priest in Baler. Even though on I want Balor and Priest to have their one on one like I need that, I don't think we're gonna get it given that now we have a attack by Balor on Gunther, which to be fair, Gunther did attack Balor the night before or two nights before after he interfered to screw Priest, So it's kind of this web of tangled you know, of tangled feuds going on that just it does warrant a triple threat, and I think we'll get one. Yeah, we don't get enough of them.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: We then have Pete Dunn get interviewed about his match against Our Truth, and Kelly wondered if Truth thought he was facing Butch, but Dunn stopped her from saying Butch and Don looked into the camera and stressed, his name is Pete Dunn. All right, Pete Don versus Our Truth. Our Truth beats Pete Dunn in a minute, in fifty seconds. The finish of this was done, being dot was not really finished. The whole match is the finish because Done was dominant from the start. But we then had Done looking into the crowd and got some of the desired butch chants because that's I guess what he was going for. Our Truth then took advantage of the distraction and rolled up Done for the three count.
Speaker 4: That's that.
Speaker 3: So Our Truth getting consistent TV time is always a positive. It's nice to see our Truth out there. Ron Killing seems like a genuinely good dude. He really does all right. Intercontinental Champion Bron Breaker was then interviewed. He said Seamus cracked the rib during the triple Threat match at Survivor Series. Ludwig Kaiser showed up and asked Breaker if he was happy with himself for stealing his pen. Kaiser said he didn't matter because he accomplished what he needed to and he said Seamus broke his rib and he returned the favor. Kaiser said, there's nothing stopping him from taking the Intercontinental title and bringing it back to Imperium where it belongs. Breakers asked if that was a challenge. He said he knew Kaiser would say that that wasn't that he wasn't beaten in the triple threat. Breaker said Kaiser will never hold the title, but he gave him his props for the match at Survivor Series and said Kaiser should look to get out of Gunther's shadow quickly because Unther's stock is plummeting, which is true. I mean, I thought we were already distancing Gunther and Kaiser. I thought they kind of went their separate ways. So I don't know what we're talking about Imperium, for I thought it was just kind of quietly disbanded.
Speaker 4: But all right, all right. We then have a a.
Speaker 3: Few announcements here for next week's raw, by the way, and it's Racer Rodriguez versus Rie Ripley, Lyra Valkyrie versus Alena Vega versus Ivy Isle. So it's triple threat Lyra Zelena Ivy in a Women's Icy Title tournament match carrying cross Akam Rizar and them Is versus Uncle Howdie, Eric Row and Dexter Loomis and Joe Gacy in an eight man tag team match. It should be a fun week next week, all right. Then it was time for Seth Rollins versus Sammy's Ay and again, good match, two guys that are just that are already Hall of famers. Seth Rollins did beat Sammy's Ain in nine minutes and twenty seconds, but that's not really the story here. The story isn't Seth suddenly having a program with Rolin with with Sammy's Ain. Because here's the finish. Zaye grabs a chair, gets in the ring. Rollins asked Zaye what he was doing. Zayne accused Rollins of attacking Jay because we don't know who did, and then Rollins said he wouldn't do that and asked Zayne if he questioned sam Punk. Zaye tossed the chair to the ring side, and Rollins called Zane in an inside cradle and got the three count. Yes, the dreaded inside cradle roll up if you will strikes again. So it's fine, Seth Rollins wins nine minutes and twenty seconds. But here's what the biggest takeaway from this match is, And we had Rollins tells Zane after the match that he loves his heart, but he has to start using his head. Rollins left ring played to the crowd on the stage, Zayne turned around and hit was hit with a Claymore who was none other than, of course, Drew mcattyre, who was wearing a hoodie pulled up over his head and he just looked down at Zayne to close the show. So Zaye was attacking accusing Rowlins of attacking Jay. But I think we all know that at the end of the day, it's not only Drew McIntyre attacking Sammy and that where that program leads. But it's clearly Drew McIntyre who attacked Jay. So who done it pretty quickly solved, doesn't make sense for Seth to do it, and I think I think we're there now. So that was wwe wrong last night.
Speaker 4: Guys. I hope you enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: Certainly a noteworthy show and like I said, it felt more impactful in noteworthy than the actual Big Four one of the Big four pls that took place the night before. Pretty wild, Pretty wild, and before you know it, we'll be talking yes Saturday night main event. More importantly, Royal Rumble that's not too far away, although it is in February, so don't forget about that. I mean that maybe the first time ever sometime I'm watching anyway, that we've had the Royal Rumble in February.
Speaker 4: But just so you know, the.
Speaker 3: Elimination Chamber. Okay, so we have Wow, this is wild. So we've got the Rumble on February first, We've got the Chamber on March first. This is just a travesty. Then we got WrestleMania the latest I've ever seen it too, at WrestleMania forty one, of course, from Vegas April nineteenth to April twentieth. Quite an interesting, just interesting setup of dates for all of these shows. Now, if you are looking to look for the next pl E again, guys, Saturday Night's main event from Uniondale, New York. It's a the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. It's December fourteenth, two weeks less than after that. There's no pl I'm looking. I don't see them. I don't see another pl E. That means if there's no additional pl and I don't think there is because the holidays and everything. We will go from Survivors Series November thirtieth to February first, between pl e's Saturday Night's main event. It's your intrim Okay, it's like your c pl E. You have your a pl e's which are Summer Slam, WrestleMania, Rumbland Survivors Series, and then you have your b pay per views, which are your Crown Jewels and your Elimination Chambers and your no Mercies and Bad Bloods. But then there's like a cpl E because it's it's a very short turnaround from the previous pl which I think hurts it a little bit, and it's not exactly an event that people are like, oh my god, I can't wait for. It just doesn't have that behind it. So Saturday's main event low bar, which does lead you to really overachieve. With a low bar, you're you're bound to overachieve it.
Speaker 4: So there is that.
Speaker 3: But anyway, we're gonna go from November thirtieth to February first between real pls with this kind of introm stop here the stop gap of Saturday Night Main Event December fourteenth. But yeah, so here we are, guys, We're we're getting closer, just starting to really close in on WrestleMania season it's about to begin, so thank.
Speaker 4: You everybody for listening.
Speaker 3: If you want to go AD free Patreon dot com slash WWE podcast or Patreon dot com slash The War on Truth, which again is not about wrestling, but check it out if you're interested in things beyond wrestling. And Apple podcast doesn't offer a ad free experience. For both w and my other show, The War on Truth, both do offer free seven day trials. You can try it and then if you don't like it, cancel it before the seven days is over and you don't have to pay anything. And that does offer everything ad free for those of you interested, so check it out. And I appreciate all of your all your reviews, all of your comments. I do see and appreciate all of them, and I do think that and I know without you guys, the show wouldn't be here. So thanks so much everybody, and I will catch you next time.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the WWE Podcast.
Speaker 1: Don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast app so you don't miss a show, or head to wwepodcast dot com and for all of these shows add free head over to Patreon dot com slash WWE podcast Until then we'll see you next time.