Speaker 1: Hey cup, Please, everybody, It's Friday.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Bobcast Revengeance.
Speaker 3: January twenty fourth, twenty twenty five. I'm your host. Find postings about me on next door. Just gallivanting and squatting and loitering in all the abandoned buildings. Janet Shoa co captain of the ship. He is no longer perceiving his children until three thirty Eastern.
Speaker 2: Jeff gruh. That's right. I'm gonna dodge this draft, going to Canada. Everybody bye, That's right.
Speaker 3: He's your favorite coworker, your favorite boss, your favorite father of the group.
Speaker 1: We call him Daddy. Jeff Beckler, Oh, the daddy.
Speaker 4: I'm the daddy. I'm the big Daddy. Hi all, happy to be here.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: She arguably actually has the most daddy energy.
Speaker 5: Lucy James, you know what, I'll take it. Thanks.
Speaker 1: The roof is not his son, but he will raise it to more. Hussein.
Speaker 6: I'm playing click clickbomb. I have one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, eleven, twelve cards and none of them are me. Okay, my fame is complete. Fucking ass?
Speaker 1: How many here met? Too many? Speaking about ass? We got the bad.
Speaker 3: Boy of games media, the pub slatterer Mike Manatti.
Speaker 7: What am I doing down here with all the Jeffs. Welcome to the Jeff All.
Speaker 1: We don't have a layout with nine people, so I had to make do.
Speaker 8: Is Jeff dot Hole taken?
Speaker 1: We are checking he's a master. I want that, so he's the master of his domain record.
Speaker 8: Hello, Hi, I'm also playing Click clickbomb. I have twenty nine cards now, but a lot of them. I've been combining the cards for the rarity situation, so it's more than that really.
Speaker 1: Speaking about rarity, combine the cards, We've got.
Speaker 8: The rarest two of them have the same art and border.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got the rarest person on the staff, thinky Grayson. So I didn't know you could combine the cards. Also, a hole is not ATLD damn it unfortunately.
Speaker 9: So speaking about Hole, we're gonna throw all our audio files into the digital hole and he's going to start them out like he's Stanley yell Natz in the Lewis sacker Ya novel holes Terble Shawn Sean mcdell.
Speaker 10: I have been informed that there is no Sean and is no tam card like Bomb game. Awesome, so thanks Chuck, But I have heard money back I have for there's a Sean Easter egg somewhere. I'm looking forward to see why you put it in there.
Speaker 2: Scout, Please, there's a whole game in this game. I don't know how far I just gott.
Speaker 1: I just fucking so toss.
Speaker 4: There's a lot going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, itally sold the cards.
Speaker 3: We've gathered here today, all nine of us, because last year we participated in the Fantasy Critic Draft twenty twenty four that Dan Reikert won.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I'm still waiting on that. Venmo all right, all right, well, well we'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: Everyone.
Speaker 3: Just Venmo me first, and then I'll make sure it gets over. And unfortunately, Lucy James, you wound up really losing bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah so and also, okay, good, no, I I realized that. So I'm having to use my phone as my camera here, and I wrote my list of games on my and I can access them. Okay, that's good. Yeah, so I lost really terribly. But I really put that down to the fact that I completely forgot that we did this. And also I'm British and I don't really care about sports unless it's tennis, and even then I'm such a fair weather friend to tennis, and I only really enjoy it when I am listening to the Challenges sound.
Speaker 3: That's right, folks, we're actually gonna be talking about how Challengers was snubbed this year.
Speaker 5: At snubbed, I just think it.
Speaker 10: Gigs.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: I genuinely think it's because Trentsonaticus won too recently and the Academy is like, look, they'll win again for this, we can't put them up.
Speaker 1: So this year, twenty twenty five, we were gathering together again to do the Critic Fantasy Critic Draft again. Sean, you were the commissioner yet again, as you are probably arguably one of the more organized people that I know in general.
Speaker 3: So shouts out to you, Doug, Sean, has do we have to do anything? Or has Grub made his team?
Speaker 10: No, Grub mays team. He was on top of things. Kind of okay, so we're all good to go. I have set the draft order, so maybe you might have to refresh the page in order to see it take place, but we should. We should remind everyone, even though we just went over an episode or two ago, what exactly we're doing here, if nothing else, so everyone the call remembers what we're doing here. Fancy Critic is a game where you put together a It's like fancy football but for video games. Is how the creator describes it. But put more simply, basically, you're just coming up with a list of games that you think will perform the best as opposed to your opponents in the year twenty twenty five. That's all we're doing, putting together a list of the best games. And like fantasy football, like drafting a fancy team, once a game has been picked, you cannot pick that game. It only goes to one team. So we're just gonna go down the line and each pick a game that we think will perform well in the year twenty twenty five. For each point over seventy it scores an open critic, you get one point, and each point over ninety is additional point. Dull the points there. So yeah, just pick good games like Dan did last year and Lavas did not do last year.
Speaker 4: Right, So, I think it's important to call out the fact that this is not over today, and I think that was maybe something that was not enforced to the rest of the group, and I think it.
Speaker 2: Probably was pretty well understood.
Speaker 10: I think we did multiple summaries and stuff.
Speaker 4: So just let me finish the thought here. I think like there were certain things that I didn't understand. I know what fantasy sports are, so I was able to sort of piece it all together. But I think the not the the the what's it called the bidding, That's not what screwed me up. I think it was like how many games I could have and what the counterpick situation was. And I just didn't realize if I didn't do a counterpick, I would be penalized.
Speaker 5: So that's the thing that I also didn't know we could we could do stuff throughout the year. I thought it was a set it and forget it, which is where Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well that's a huge tactical error there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well it's not a tactical error if it's not playing the game. Yeah, it's just I just didn't play the game.
Speaker 2: So here's the boring Remember.
Speaker 5: Calendar, and you guys gonna on this to day.
Speaker 6: I don't understand how any of this books.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's the port thing to remember. We're gonna pick a couple of games today. Then you're gonna get a budget one hundred dollars that you can get games later by bidding. We will. We'll go over that probably at the end as a reminder, just so we can go maybe do an example of that because I can maybe we can like share a screen or something, and you guys can see me doing another another league. But it's pretty straightforward. As games get announced or as you get a hunch that maybe a game that didn't get drafted actually is going to come out, or you feel better about it than you did during the draft period, you can bid on it. That's and and that bid is going to be if you win that one percent of your bid will be taken. So like Dan got what astrobot last year, I bid like thirty five dollars of my one hundred dollars on Astrobot, and I felt pretty good about that. Dan bid seventy dollars, thinking that, oh, it's just going to go use as much like he thought it would work, like eBay where it's only going to go as high as the next highest bid or something like that. It's like, no, if you bid seventy, it's going to take all seventy dollars and you'll only have thirty dollars left, but you will have Astrobot, which won you the entire year.
Speaker 10: So it's a risk reward. So yeah, yeah, this is something. This is the song I was getting to. I was getting to this because there is a change from last year. So last year, what we did is we each picked five games in the initial draft, and then you could add five teams later throughout the year through the bidding system. So we're doing a little bit differently this year. I think that there's not quite enough confirm for twenty twenty five for us to do it this that way this year, So instead today we're each going to pick four games today and then throughout the rest of the year you will be able to bid on up to six games to add to your team, right, Bill, Jason's up in a slightly interesting way, and also keep people playing in the long term hopefully.
Speaker 4: Yes, question, Yes, do we have to pick so we don't have to pick counterpicks?
Speaker 10: Then they pick one today, Okay, just like last year, you will need a one by I believe it's September first, got it. Yeah, Because that way you can counterpick one thing that was picked today, and then you will counterpick something that someone picked up later on in the year. Now, counterpicks we didn't really explain yet, right, So a counterpick is a required thing that you have to do for your team. You are calling someone out, You're saying, no, I think that game won't perform well or will not release this year. Is a required thing that each of us must do, is to make sure that things are kept in check, because if we all have really really good games, well, then you you know, it's a way to make sure that things are balanced out there, because especially especially because as we go through the dres we will go in reverse or for the counterpicks. Right, a person who gets a really good game, we'll have to also counterpick statistically a good game.
Speaker 2: Because everyone else will have already chosen all the obvious games that aren't going to come out or might not perform or something like that exactly. And people get it.
Speaker 4: And because I've never been able to really save face in any kind of like public space, I would just like to go on record and say that when I picked Silent, He'll remake last year, the group was really all in agreement that this was a pretty good pick, just on the merit that it wasn't going to come.
Speaker 1: Out last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I just want to know, like at the time it was an intelligent pick. Certainly when it came out and end up begging number two on a top ten list.
Speaker 1: Didn't really help.
Speaker 10: It was a risk pick. It's like when what three years ago in a different league, I counter picked twos of the Kingdom because I was like, I don't think Tears of the Kingdom is coming out. That was a huge risk, but it didn't come out, and so you know, my risk glow reward.
Speaker 1: Something like that.
Speaker 2: It's almost certainly going to happen because I think were going to see by the time we get up to the last counterpick of our group, there's not gonna be there's gonna be slim pickings in terms of you're probably you have the counterpick like GTA six hoping it doesn't come out.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 10: Okay, so that that probably all sounded like a lot. But yeah, again, I want to keep it simple for everyone here today. So just remember today we're just going to take turns picking games. We're gonna finish four games each. We're gonna counterpick one game, one game that we say I don't think that game will do well or I don't think it will come out. Then everything else comes later in the year.
Speaker 3: Uh steaks, Okay, I have I have two things to propose real quick before we get the steaks. Yummy yummy money. No uh oh. I am currently on crowndesigners dot com and they're running they're running a sale on crowns, and I think perhaps we should get a crown that we give to the winner.
Speaker 8: So, Dan, I think you should do that. Send it to my house. Yeah, I can wear it until till the next one, and then if I will peacefully transfer the power to whoever get or keeping.
Speaker 1: If it's.
Speaker 6: Get him the small princess.
Speaker 8: I have a big, fat head, So keep.
Speaker 6: That small princess.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have to look good on him. There is no rule that says it has to look good.
Speaker 5: On I have ty head, so if you get on the it will go around my neck.
Speaker 4: There's snap backs.
Speaker 6: Head is pretty big.
Speaker 1: There's snap backs. Crown please.
Speaker 3: So currently the categories for crown sizes are men's small princess slash bridle, Medium queen slash Princess, or large Queen.
Speaker 2: I think we add a medium queen.
Speaker 10: I think we can solve this.
Speaker 6: I think we can solve this issue by getting a sceptor instead.
Speaker 8: I want to crown.
Speaker 1: All as we are the on Yeah.
Speaker 9: Every.
Speaker 8: Crowndesigners dot com. I want the men's imperial medieval gold rhinestone king of course.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're going for the large queen section and we'll get a matching scepter.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair, sweet, there we.
Speaker 5: Go, very reasonably priced.
Speaker 10: Yeah, these are going to.
Speaker 6: Be the most dogship quality. Get diseases the moment they put them on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll be the guinea pig for that, so they can't It can't be bad.
Speaker 1: It's on sale. Damn, it can't be bad.
Speaker 4: They're using princess dye to help sell the crowd.
Speaker 1: What maybe we get that one?
Speaker 2: Did you know that I had Dandriff? They found her head and shoulders in the glove compartment. The second thing I proposed.
Speaker 3: The second thing I proposed is we will do a fantasy critic draft check in every joke.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: Christ More for us that.
Speaker 8: Sitting on that one.
Speaker 2: I don't think about it every time I see her. I'm sorry. Okay.
Speaker 3: The other thing you're gonna you were gonna say before my two proposals, but.
Speaker 2: I remember we were gonna talk talk about steaks, but that I think the stake should Yeah, this is a good thing to win. Comes great, and then I think the loser Steak was perfect? Right, the worst game that we all collectively picked, or do we want to do even worse than that, like worst game reviewed on Open Critics or something like that.
Speaker 11: Okay, yeah, is gonna be fun? Yeah, awesome, and we're good, I think, all right, I give it to the commissioner.
Speaker 10: Yeah, all right. From the reminder, this is an audio podcast, So as you pick a game, make sure to announce it to everyone. And how about as we go down the line for the first pick, here, we can each say what our publisher name is.
Speaker 8: So I'm last pick?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 10: Is the random one?
Speaker 8: Do I get the devil as it snaked back?
Speaker 10: Do get to in a row and give to you?
Speaker 7: What a different naming your publisher that when your first pick last year was Final Fantasy Sevin Rebirth?
Speaker 1: But whatever has here?
Speaker 11: Manati speaking, guess who's first wat.
Speaker 8: Was that sound? Can you isolate that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 10: Yeah, we got that, we got that, Mike, what's your publisher name? My publisher name is nonsir Hunter Wiles. Yeah, all right, there is.
Speaker 7: Okay, and with the first pick, okay, and uh all right, wait, let me know when I should draft? I think no refresh here it is all right, everybody. Yeah, oh my god, I were going to pick No, I'm still gonna go with this. Yeah, my first pick will be the unannounced Mainline three D Mario platformer.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 8: Okay, well, who decides what mainline is?
Speaker 1: Tell you?
Speaker 5: M hmm okay, Then do I wait for you to refresh or do I refresh it?
Speaker 10: It should it should like notify you at the top of the page. That's your turn to draft. If it doesn't, just refresh and should up.
Speaker 2: If it says the draft is currently in progress, you're probably finding won't have to refresh.
Speaker 5: It says the draft is currently in progress.
Speaker 8: Cool refreshing because there should be a button there for you to draft down.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, it's because it logged me out. That's why. Okay, okay, now I'm in. Now, I'm okay. Draft game. So my publisher name is jam Hot Games because they're going to be games so hot it's difficult to touch them. But I hope okay, my uh, my first pick is going to be Monster Hunter Wilds.
Speaker 8: Maybe I should have gotten that my team name.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I really thought you were going to do that considering your name, But I.
Speaker 10: Am up next my team this year shouts the GB chat for bringing it up something that I've used in the past. I didn't think of PlayStation is what we're going with today.
Speaker 8: I don't get it nice.
Speaker 10: You gotta do what I think is probably the safest pick, Doom the Dark Ages.
Speaker 8: I don't get the draft for a while.
Speaker 10: This sucks. Yeah, I'm the last to do it.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I didn't think it was gonna be like.
Speaker 5: This, friends them.
Speaker 1: Oh so no one told me it was going to be this way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I my publisher name is even more important game company and Okay, and it's like, I'm surprised this game wasn't taken already. But I guess there's a hesitation that it will slip into twenty twenty six. But I don't give a shit because I think there's way too much writing on not just Take two, but also the entire industry that GTA six has to come out this year.
Speaker 11: I'm taking GT I think that's a good Okay, that's a good picture, and that game gets delayed twice.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's not coming out till twenty seven.
Speaker 1: We all know.
Speaker 10: But let me tell you, if it does come out, those are points for Jeriff right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was going to say everyone. I was waiting to see who was gonna who was gonna do it? I did think about.
Speaker 4: It by them, happy to do it, Happy to do it?
Speaker 3: Okay, I am up next, and my publisher name is ESPN eight A the O showers nuts. You know what, all my first picks were taken. And given that this game won Game of the Year at the Game Wards one time, or like the lineage of it.
Speaker 2: You're really going to go for this already? Damn split ficture. I think that's a good call.
Speaker 1: It's a good bet.
Speaker 10: I was eyeing that one.
Speaker 2: Yep. I mean yeah, you're right, it takes two.
Speaker 1: What would we say that?
Speaker 2: Did Sean like an eighty eight?
Speaker 6: I think maybe?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Very good?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: I started playing that with divin either he's got too many questions that we got to stop.
Speaker 1: The divorce thing about divorce.
Speaker 8: He doesn't know what divorces.
Speaker 4: He knows what it is, but it's just, you know, it's different angles, different different points of view there. It's you know, it's a lot for his friend a little mind.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, I think I'm next. What's my watch list? My My publishing name is Bombay Mixed A lot of games. It's good. That's good. I'm gonna do Pokemon Legends Z you Okay, okay?
Speaker 1: What what is that?
Speaker 6: A switch game?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: See what to put my legends ARKI? Oh, I that's a gamble.
Speaker 10: I feel like that one could go either way, but could be really really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Man, when have you seen people say this Pokemon game sucks out of ten?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know, no one's ever said that before. Oh sorry, you you fools. Absolute rubes. Untitled next Mario Kart parentheses switched to on the board for publisher.
Speaker 5: I don't understand how these games can count when we don't know what they are.
Speaker 8: That's the risk. That's the risk.
Speaker 1: That's the risk.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Remember last time I took Power World as a joke.
Speaker 2: Try I'm on the clock.
Speaker 1: In a way, sir, I have to do that's rye.
Speaker 2: All right, let me make sure that this is still good. All right, I think I will probably go. I'm gonna go with Ghost of Yota.
Speaker 1: I kind of like that.
Speaker 10: Did do you say your team name grew up?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I'm the hubb a Grubber Games.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Gubber Games is on the clock, and I have selected Ghost of Yota.
Speaker 10: Good call.
Speaker 5: Question. Can we if a game was out in ALI access?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 10: I got a mention, We're yeah, we're so we're doing no early access games. But I believe if it gets a confirmed one point zero release for twenty twenty five, it will change into an eligible game.
Speaker 8: So I clicked draft game right, yeah, draft game, yeah, and I get to right confirmed yeah, okay, health during night ring top available games.
Speaker 2: Who's on the clock me? But what the publisher?
Speaker 8: Oh, I am no RPG is allowed.
Speaker 10: To pick an RPG for a first one? I can't wait?
Speaker 8: Is Matroid Prime going to come out here? Is this a time thing?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: You mean yeah?
Speaker 2: Family, just abating.
Speaker 8: If I want to do a two for with Metal Kajima two for with Metal Year and Desk Stranding, you well.
Speaker 2: You do get you do get synergy points if they are themed.
Speaker 10: Fire guys go together.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, I am going to draft Meddle Year, Solid Delta Snake Eater draft game. I think you know I played that of the preview event. It was quite good. Uh, and I think information And I'm also going to review a game I've been looking forward to for a long time and times a sequel one of my favorite games. I think I was one that got it on the map. I think I sold a lot of copies that I'm talking about this. I'm going to pick a Hollow Nights Silk song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really good for you. Is exactly what I wanted.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you didn't take it. It's well, let me double check here.
Speaker 1: Okay, now it's back to grub.
Speaker 2: Yes, so uhb a grub back on the clock. Take a look here real quick and see what I have on these other pages. See if there's any deeper cuts I want to go for no. I think I feel pretty good. I'm gonna go Metray Prime for no game that's been in development for twenty five years gonna be bad, right or whatever?
Speaker 1: Out So yeah, alright, it's my tendo freaking turned Intendo two is on the clock. I'm trying to figure out every time a civilization comes out, people are mad and then people are like, civilization isn't actually good until two and a half years after the civilization.
Speaker 2: That is correct, that's true?
Speaker 10: Ye, So that.
Speaker 1: Feels like I'm kind of a burn of a pick.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that feels frough, fristy.
Speaker 1: Y'all are gonna lose your fucking minds over elden Ring is kind of how I feel.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they will, So.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take elden Ring Night Rain. Finally, that seems about the right.
Speaker 2: Time to pick elden Ring Knight. And I think that one's gonna do a little bit under but I don't think it's good.
Speaker 1: I still yeah, I think it'll still go good. People are gonna be like, remember Eldon Ring. It's like that strong man.
Speaker 2: Uh sid sip six didn't got an eighty nine?
Speaker 10: Fuck up?
Speaker 6: I am next. I would like to pick Civilization seven things.
Speaker 1: Good job.
Speaker 2: There was no chance it was gonna get back to me. So I don't mind running pretty.
Speaker 10: As I can, just like your team for more poop.
Speaker 6: Maybe some people have that game already. I don't know. No, man, I'm not saying I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Some people hypothetically might have it.
Speaker 10: Love's up next.
Speaker 1: I'm up next the show, Uh Infinity. So the one that you're looking for right now, Jen is Assassin's Creed Infinity. That's the next you try and mislead me. Uh this game? According to Games Mornings this morning, Assassin's Creed Shadows previewed well, So I gotta draft the Shadows.
Speaker 2: Some people don't like it apparently.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I'm surprised I'm going to get to pick this one.
Speaker 1: Six again. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I'm gonna pick a game that I personally have next to no interest in playing.
Speaker 1: But I think this get his ass? What a sick burn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna pick Death Tranning too. Oh, because that game is gonna review well even if it's bad.
Speaker 2: M h true, Yeah, probably not wrong.
Speaker 10: Nice, okay, Okay to me, I have been looking at my watch list trying to think of what to pick. Let me let me search something real quick.
Speaker 1: You ever think about how there are things that we will never receive credit or like people will never get credit for. We're gonna die before we know who did that chime. Yep, We're gonna die before we find out who took this picture of the clownfish on Apple devices, which was the first image shown on an iPhone. We're never gonna know who took that picture of the snow leopard that was the background of snow Leopard the mac Os version because people don't write it down.
Speaker 6: The NBA drap jingle was made by Nate. You can die happy, thanks.
Speaker 1: Well, see you later.
Speaker 10: Gang okay.
Speaker 3: Bye, just out on an ice flow, all right, be real awkward when it gets back to their turn?
Speaker 10: Where did it go? Shoot on web page? Bugging out a little bit something.
Speaker 2: You can't combine these cards? What do you guys mean? How do you combine cards?
Speaker 1: You write?
Speaker 8: Well do you write? When you write border and art? You can combine them?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, I think that I am going to lock in. Let me find it because I have to search for it because not the top.
Speaker 1: Uh make it drop?
Speaker 10: Frank Quist one and two HD remix m okay, okay'll be a solid eighty something. So is that not time?
Speaker 2: It just came out.
Speaker 10: That's three. They're also doing a one two as HD two D remix.
Speaker 5: Time for jam Hot Games and we going for Blueprints.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 5: It's a puzzle game that has had a couple of demos on Steam Next West and it rocks.
Speaker 12: Basically like Royalty, not like oh no building, No, so like you're in this you're in this house of leaves ass house and rooms get added as you progress through the game.
Speaker 5: So it's a pun blueprint.
Speaker 1: Oh I.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, I get too.
Speaker 7: Now one of them is going to be Claire Obscure Expedition thirty three's week. Okay, I think the game showed very well yesterday and I am a believer. And speaking of games shown yesterday, my other man going to be.
Speaker 1: No guid and I was hoping this. I remembered the thing that happened yesterday.
Speaker 10: That's not that's cheating, I think because I'm puffident, I guess delayed.
Speaker 1: Does it mean.
Speaker 8: Everything's going to get delayed though? Right? But I will be fine.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm back to drafting.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: I you know what, if it comes out of early access this year, then jobs are good and haities two it's not well, it says it's not ultimate because the currently and early access tag has been banned.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that's one release, is what Sean said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, after this draft if the and I guess, I'm also talking it out loud so we can confirm if I'm thinking about it correctly.
Speaker 10: Reviews, So that's why it would also.
Speaker 5: Not be And like I am going to change my mind.
Speaker 8: To a game.
Speaker 2: What it's interesting, it's a football where don't wry but the football term, don't worry.
Speaker 5: I'm going to change my mind to wonder.
Speaker 10: Stop that.
Speaker 5: Now, change what is that being published by Anna. It is a game it's all about burnout, but you run a tea shop. I played it at the Game Awards and I really enjoyed it. I think it might do pretty.
Speaker 4: Nice Okay, very good.
Speaker 10: Okay, So this one doesn't have a confirmed ass release date yet, but if it does come out, this is another one that I think is just safe easy points. So I'm going with Trails in the Sky first chapter.
Speaker 2: Oh choice.
Speaker 8: All the people who are going to review that game are probably gonna love it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's just going to be an easy like twelve ish points there if it comes out.
Speaker 4: I have chosen my third pick. I'm surprised that lasted this long as well.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people are into this highly anticipated the Outer Worlds too.
Speaker 10: Okay, yeah, I can a review.
Speaker 2: Better than the last one. So yeah, it's yeah.
Speaker 3: People like two D stuff. People also like Ninja Guy Den. I'm gonna go Raggae bound.
Speaker 6: Damn do I not get a pick? Is that a thing? Now?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: You you're after jan Is it?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 4: Now? It's your turn?
Speaker 6: Why is it not telling me that I couldn't pick re Fresh? Nope?
Speaker 9: Damn?
Speaker 1: Are you logged?
Speaker 8: Out.
Speaker 6: No, I'm logged in. I remember, fresher, did.
Speaker 1: You trade your pick for a twenty twenty seven first?
Speaker 6: Oh, it's back, it's back back backs back.
Speaker 1: We did it good for refreshers?
Speaker 10: Is how you get done?
Speaker 6: Mm hmmm, yeah, I'm gonna pick, uh, this is available. I'm gonna pick Sleight of Hand.
Speaker 10: Okay, oh yeah, Light had not familiar.
Speaker 6: It's a hard boiled detective noir game, steff game that is card based.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. I like these picks.
Speaker 4: Known gambler to more mussine.
Speaker 6: I do gamble sometimes.
Speaker 4: All right, very good?
Speaker 10: Is up next?
Speaker 1: Now what I'm trying to figure out?
Speaker 10: Mhm uh huh.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of things right, all.
Speaker 6: Right, it's Harry.
Speaker 4: You're just logged out, aren't you.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I didn't lock me out, so I'm walking back in. No, no, no, I'm trying to figure out if I think some of these games that they say are twenty twenty five are real? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of tough right now.
Speaker 1: It's so tough to figure out because if I'm the two K Corporation, right, and I know in my bones that grant the thought of six isn't coming out this calendar year that I'm making sure that Borderlins four comes out this year. Yeah, sure, right, Okay, Well, I wouldn't want to think about Borderlands four for any longer than I'm currently doing it. I think people are gonna like that one, because apparently they gave it big numbers when the last one came out thirty years ago. However, Borderlins is cold. It's cold, food wants it.
Speaker 6: You'll be surprised.
Speaker 1: That's but that's the other part, right, is I could I might be surprised, And that's why I'm gonna pick like a dragon Pyriyozan. Oh wait, I didn't pick it select draft game. I've done it. Wait it's not working. Did it work?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: It worked? All right, let's see here. I think I'm safe not to pick that one yet. I can do that on the on the turn around.
Speaker 1: How does he know though, because it's only Dan's good. He's good.
Speaker 2: It's only Dan between me and my next pick. All right, so you picked it? Did you pick Borderlands for?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Just do that. Yeah, you should probably pick word Lands for. I try to plan the swerve that I was like, I should just pick Borderlands for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm gonna go border Lance for I think that'll be.
Speaker 1: I haven't solid mid eighties.
Speaker 2: Actually I and by selected, I mean added to my watch list, all right, now.
Speaker 1: That's what I did with I was like, that's weird.
Speaker 8: All right, there we go, all right, Dan, Yeah, I got two again.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but these are your last two.
Speaker 8: These are oh it's my last to holy Ship. South of Midnight looked pretty good, that's.
Speaker 1: Kind of framey.
Speaker 8: I'm going to pick South at Midnight one of them.
Speaker 10: Good pick, good pick, good pick.
Speaker 8: And I'm also going to pick let me see if this is on here? Good answer, call of duty?
Speaker 2: You got call of duty last year, right, yes, I might have.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's another huge tactical error they never put out too bad.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's very risk.
Speaker 10: But you know what it is this year or what's supposed to be black ops to follow up. They're gonna like they're gonna continue the black ops thing here two years in a row. But apparently it's a sequel to two. Is the word on the street, so that black ops, black ops.
Speaker 1: That bang. They'll never do it, but can you imagine turning on your x Box and it says black ops to dance to your ex box.
Speaker 10: Number two hyphen Roman numeral to yea.
Speaker 8: And you're like a girl group and you're dancing. Yeah yeah, put in its.
Speaker 6: I would play that.
Speaker 8: I would play that.
Speaker 2: M okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm just doing some research for the audio.
Speaker 1: Listening to your own research.
Speaker 2: No, you were hurrying me. I could tell Jane.
Speaker 8: Like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll take a vow. Then no one else it last service, Thank you everybody. I didn't want to say it, all right, ni.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Now it's time for me to pick a game that I like, I don't think is real.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, this is the that's the pick.
Speaker 1: Again two point Museum. Like the nerds love that ship.
Speaker 2: And it's out soon.
Speaker 1: It's out soon. But I don't think anybody else here is going to pick it. So I could spend a dollar on it and sure get it and get out.
Speaker 2: That's actually true, probably right. Wait, what is the minimum of bid for for a one dollar?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm? How did college football review?
Speaker 10: Okay, yeah, I don't think that would be eligible because now it would be a yearly installment intament, like just updated rosters every year.
Speaker 1: Finally, No, let's see people love Kingdom Come Deliverance. Yeah, I'm picking Kingdom Come deliverance first one two.
Speaker 8: Thank you for clarifying, am I though?
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 1: Oh no, just kidding. Nobody chronicles X fuck never getting in a car with you again.
Speaker 6: Damn I was holding onto that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, gag. All right, Cam, Charlie x X this way I could have dreaded Charlie.
Speaker 2: She's sag that Mario song.
Speaker 10: I watched. This is just all taken, take and taken.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, I just want to check something real quick.
Speaker 4: Sure, take your time, take your time, but hurry up.
Speaker 1: What if we do like a shoot fantasy football one year?
Speaker 6: Who is making this?
Speaker 1: We should do shoot fantasy.
Speaker 4: I'll have Stacey as my proxy because she plays.
Speaker 2: Let's do fantasy some other obscure sport.
Speaker 1: Do they do the US? We should do it? They do? They do one and confusing.
Speaker 6: We should do professional tag.
Speaker 4: Okay, fantasy is ultimate.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Jeremy win again.
Speaker 6: I'm going I did uh again.
Speaker 10: I'm k BHG.
Speaker 1: That's a great Yeah you go, Cam.
Speaker 6: Draft Little Nightmare is three.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: That was on my list there, Bud, look at you a little spooky boy.
Speaker 1: I like the uh little beet boop. It gives you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, all right, let me consult my personal list.
Speaker 4: I mean, what other list are you gonna?
Speaker 1: Uh, you know what? You know what what? I feel like this is a little bit of a risky risky click here. Yeah, Halo two is not coming out this year. It's Halo one, so yeah, just.
Speaker 4: Do fable like that's gonna come out.
Speaker 3: It doesn't have a release date yet, but they did say it'll eventually come out. Oh oh, it's time to slay the Spire again, slaying their fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me, let me, let me draft it.
Speaker 7: Warning, it's not eligible five all right, sorry, in early access, I will go with a sleep Wait, I can please say this fire too right now?
Speaker 8: Well, it's not it's planned for early access.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I'll go for a sleeper pick.
Speaker 1: Citizen sleeper too. I get it.
Speaker 2: That's a really good pick.
Speaker 1: All right, all right over to you, Jeff.
Speaker 4: It's my turn, and I'm really happy I'm able to pick this game.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 4: I'm very very selfish with it, very biased with it. I'm just very happy it survived this many rounds so that I'm to be my own I'm going to do all the collusion necessary to bring this games score as high as possible.
Speaker 1: It must come out this year. It's been way too long. No game, in my.
Speaker 4: Opinion, has trailered better.
Speaker 1: H I don't know if I can pick it.
Speaker 2: Can you just tell us what it is?
Speaker 1: I want to pick skate Story.
Speaker 10: I'm that.
Speaker 2: Why am I not able.
Speaker 1: To do it?
Speaker 6: Instead?
Speaker 1: Speak skate Ford are eligible?
Speaker 10: The search bar?
Speaker 4: Hold on everyone. Okay, now we're good.
Speaker 1: The first story.
Speaker 4: Thank you, let's go Sam, you and me.
Speaker 10: Okay, we are really running out of the obvious choice here. Oh yeah, there's only a few games left on my watch list. There are some that again, I think I can get later off of bidding, especially since I'm going as one of the last people here.
Speaker 2: Just so everyone knows, if someone bids on something, there is a way to see that it was bid on. So you could see everything that would be bid on, and then there's a chance for you to counterbid against it.
Speaker 1: You have to like log in right, like yep?
Speaker 6: Can you get like email notifications?
Speaker 4: You should a commissioner. Can you arrange that?
Speaker 10: I don't know if it's a site thing.
Speaker 1: The product here and let's get it done.
Speaker 2: You can stack like a visual come from a visual ping thing on your Google Chrome or whatever.
Speaker 10: Dates don't just make it. Just make a Google calendar thing. Just remind yourself on Fridays, yeah, that's when they are alive, like Thursday night. So I think I don't think it's gonna do particularly well. But since I'm running out stuff that's like guaranteed to release, I am going to pick where can I find it here? I'm gonna pick a Fatal Furious City of the Wolves.
Speaker 8: Okay, that's good brand too.
Speaker 1: I beat Mike in that game a couple of times over over the summer.
Speaker 10: I think, yeah, well it's a very like Third Strike adjacent thing.
Speaker 1: So that you ever beat me, I beat you twice once they figured out how to tell me how to do the baby mode.
Speaker 5: All right, it's Jam Hot games time. I played this for a couple of hours last year. I really enjoyed the demo. I'm going to pick the Altars.
Speaker 8: Yeah wow, yeah, wow.
Speaker 5: The jam game that John didn't pick. But yeah, friend of the show, Alex Jordan playing multiple ends. So if if this doesn't review, well then that's on him not kidding it all.
Speaker 4: You come down to Minati here.
Speaker 7: I am the last pick, and boy, there's a part of me that really wants to to.
Speaker 8: Be funny and pick half Life three.
Speaker 9: I know I.
Speaker 2: Considered it.
Speaker 1: I consider it.
Speaker 7: I what what's getting me now is I'm like, man, are they really gonna I think they might announce Halfway three this year? Are they really going to like release it anywhere near Craft six coming out?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: Did you say you think they're going to announce half Life three this year?
Speaker 8: I think they are.
Speaker 2: It is a funny thing to say.
Speaker 4: Regardless though this guy would have bet a thousand dollars that it was coming out of the game Boy.
Speaker 8: I was wrong about that. I think it's happening.
Speaker 2: But I actually have a question.
Speaker 6: If they announced a game that is half Life but not half Life three, does that count?
Speaker 2: What is it say?
Speaker 8: If it seems like a main line half Life two episode three, it's I don't think Alex wouldn't have counted.
Speaker 10: I think I think Alex who have been like unannounced half Life game, I don't think we have counted for half Life three.
Speaker 2: But this is half This is half Life three parentheses unannounced is how it is.
Speaker 9: Is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, due to this point, they would just call it three, wouldn't they. I mean, unless there's.
Speaker 7: An Alex two, right, But I'm not gonna do it anyways, because there's actually a couple here that I feel pretty good about that are still here as I'm trying to this side between them and part of it, like I just I'll just say it, even though people could bid on them like I could do meant of the Hallower, which I went for last year, it actually didn't come out.
Speaker 8: I'd be shocked if it also doesn't come out again. Could happen?
Speaker 7: But also Professor Layton in the New World of Esteam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that. Honestly, I think if I were in your position, that's the one I would be picking up. That should make you feel better.
Speaker 7: But yeah, that feels like a relatively safe pick at the two point Museum not taken.
Speaker 8: Actually, uh, actually think that'll do well.
Speaker 7: I looked at the reviews for two point in Hospital, and I'm surprised how high they were.
Speaker 2: How about Camp on Campus? Is their eighty three as well? Okay, what about your pick something?
Speaker 7: Oh right, God, I've been a pick two point museum. Actually no, I've been to pick Professor Late and screw that. Okay, let's go.
Speaker 10: Are you sure?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: I'm sure?
Speaker 6: Soon?
Speaker 8: Is that coming out this year? It's got it? That one is just estimating if it doesn't come out this year. Two point is definitely coming out this year.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, you haven't selected yet this?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 10: This is good radio. Yeah alrighty, No, we are going down the line for a counterpick. Since Dan got to pick last going the first time round, now he gets some counter pick first to make out for it.
Speaker 8: So if I just picked something that doesn't come out, is that as good as zero points?
Speaker 2: And that's good?
Speaker 10: Okay, so let me let me explain it. Now we're at the counterpicking section. So here, what you want to do is, like I said, you want to pick games that don't perform particularly well or don't come out. It's a reminder of the scoring system. So seventy points is the baseline you are predicting that game. Our game will either do under seventy points average on open credics or will not come out.
Speaker 1: Can we pick Silk Song?
Speaker 8: Oh shit, I can't pick. I built a whole watch list of like unannounced Bloodborne sequel and Donkey Kong platform game, but it has to be ones that people have to be.
Speaker 10: It has to be one, and so what's the fun in?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 8: That changes my whole important to.
Speaker 10: Note it's important to note, if the game actually does well for each point that it's earnings, you actually lose those points if you counter pick it. So like see, let's let's say a game does like seventy five. So the person who picked the game that does seventy five, they get five points. You'll lose five points by counterpicking it. So you're you're trying to like mitigate it. You're trying to, like off the games that we've draft to pick the one they think will at least do the worst out of all of them.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, how did Pokemon Archeus Real eighty four?
Speaker 1: Damn?
Speaker 6: Pretty good?
Speaker 10: Yeah, we got a lot of here.
Speaker 1: That game was really good, though, is the thing yeah about it is that it might be the best Pokemon game they ever made.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so that's the hard part here is like I actually don't know if we haven't here that we'll do poorly. So we're kind of picking games. Everything won't come out because they will just break you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's gonna be will hurt you the least. It's going to get to that point. Probably.
Speaker 8: Kurt and I played Little Nightmares three at Games Calm, and it was not good. Leaning towards that I think Mario is going to come out. Mario Kart is obviously going to come out Borderlands Ship one pick here on one right now.
Speaker 10: Just one today and then one later in the year.
Speaker 1: Man, there's GTA.
Speaker 4: I think repick No, no, well, the pick you have to make by September is still within the limitations of what everyone else is picked.
Speaker 10: Correct, correct, Yeah, but people have more games on their roster obviously, exactly.
Speaker 8: I see, I see, okay, Metro Prime.
Speaker 1: Four, go for it?
Speaker 2: Do it?
Speaker 1: Do it?
Speaker 10: Do it?
Speaker 2: I dare you go ahead? Dude, I don't know.
Speaker 10: A d d A. This is tough.
Speaker 1: It's so hard. It really is a coin flip. I think was you g t a Borderlands.
Speaker 4: Which is way harder than last year.
Speaker 8: I'll say that between Little Nightmares and Metrod Prime four, go with a safe one, Dan, Yeah, Metrop four probably.
Speaker 5: Not coming out.
Speaker 8: I'm going Metrod Prime four. You fool, that's that's not coming out this show?
Speaker 1: What what what are you talking about?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You're crazy?
Speaker 4: They did, Yeah, you're where's undo.
Speaker 1: Con Do you remember that.
Speaker 4: I ever seen anyone guarantee themselves a loss?
Speaker 8: So this year.
Speaker 2: Blue Prints we talked about about it definitely coming out. Other games at counterpick.
Speaker 4: Like you just got got I thought that was the same as I.
Speaker 8: Wow, I can't believe I first pick on metroc Print.
Speaker 1: Is a way better. Pick is a way better coming out this year.
Speaker 8: I didn't know they said. I was like, I was like, wait, talking about see.
Speaker 13: We got to take our dubs where we can get it. Hell yeah, alright, good, I'm drinking in here. I'm on on the clock now. It is tough already at the second pick, I don't I'm gonna.
Speaker 8: Go counter big Ship.
Speaker 2: What was what was the name of that the man who erased his name? How did that do?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: The spinoffs don't review?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but I mean, god, which better it wouldn't come out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it just feels like this one is gonna be dumb, fun and I think it might do better than the man who erased his man Race did an eighty on Open Critic. Okay, that's not great. Okay, I'm just probably gonna go with the game. I don't think it's going to come out most likely that is Grand Theft Auto six. If it comes out, I am completely fucked right, so risky, but that's that's.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I don't think it's coming out this year. I feel pretty good.
Speaker 10: That game comes out. I'm assuming it gets at least a ninety five, So yeah, you would lose thirty points. Yes, if that's bad, that's bad, negative thirty five points.
Speaker 1: Oh, gang, this isn'tary prime for Can we trade? Somebody?
Speaker 10: Should?
Speaker 8: I should have watched the trailer.
Speaker 10: You have the direct talk remember it? I know you know, that's why it's hilarious.
Speaker 1: We trade counterpicks?
Speaker 2: No, oh, I don't know.
Speaker 10: I don't know if you can trade counterpicks. So yeah, we do allow trading in this league, but I don't know about counterpicks.
Speaker 1: So the default is seventy, right, Yes, the starting spot is seventy.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, right, seventy's that would be twenty five right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Oh man, jeez, double points over nineties.
Speaker 1: So this isn't one of the options. But I did just remember that the video game to a T is coming out, which is a video game about that by the guy who did kinda Mari about that kid who's stuck in the toes forever.
Speaker 2: Now, oh, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: And that game looks great. I think I've got a pick of out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, it seems like a fut could really underperform.
Speaker 2: That feels correct. It's just one of the games that is certainly going to get counterpicked by someone.
Speaker 6: So yeah, oh, it only has to be games that have been picked.
Speaker 4: By us, correct, Yes, okay, I.
Speaker 6: Was gonna pick Marvel's Wolverine.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, that's that's the reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, So I'm like just thinking out lauds. I think South of Midnight when I heard it was forty dollars, I worry about that one Borderlands for might not come out. I picked that though, So I don't know, and it doesn't.
Speaker 6: Why should I pick?
Speaker 2: There is just no great option. You could hope that Civilization seven has a bad launch and just gets crushed it and reviews because of that.
Speaker 1: But Tam picked it.
Speaker 2: Never mind, my game, it's gonna do great, Tam door.
Speaker 6: Uh. We want to try and pick a game that we think is going to do bad or just not appear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like not do as well as as it possibly could, because you're trying to minimize damage at this point.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 6: Let me check one thing.
Speaker 10: We all have some pretty good lists this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, chat is saying pick Pokemon and bank on it being a technical disaster that has not stopped my game. Yeah, yeah, no, for it is Sam's game, but just as like it has never stopped anybody from giving it a big number.
Speaker 4: Forgive me if this was covered. If you're if the game you counterpicked does below seventy, do you get plus points?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 6: Ah, yes, Actually I am going to pick either either I will get off like a bandit or I will absolutely get fucked sure and manifest something that people have wanted for age. I'm gonna pick holl of Night.
Speaker 1: So that worked out for me last year too.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think there's no more bad picks in this sort of category unless you picked Metroid. But yeah, like I don't think it exists.
Speaker 1: We're gonna where's Dan.
Speaker 4: He went to Japan on some sort of sabotage mission.
Speaker 1: You don't know what Dan.
Speaker 2: If Dan luck somehow happens and makes that game either come out and be terrible or come out and or not come out, I'm gonna be angry you did it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's no way Nintendo lets that game come out and it's bad.
Speaker 10: Yeah, ilay that game?
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, My California Pizza Kitchen is Borderlands for.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 4: Jan you're the best.
Speaker 6: Jan This is another Pokemon situation though you know it's another post games. Come on, they just all right, so bad and people are like, this is the greatest game.
Speaker 4: Of it's my turn, and I don't know what everyone's doing, not choosing anything that Lucy chose based on.
Speaker 1: No offense.
Speaker 4: Lucy, you know I love you, But what the fuck is the Altars? I have no idea.
Speaker 7: This is coole as ship, dude.
Speaker 10: Let me do it.
Speaker 8: Trying to trick you.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know what the Blue Prince is either, what is happening?
Speaker 6: There's there's more.
Speaker 5: Sorry that I've got my ear to the ground more.
Speaker 1: Than you, jes.
Speaker 4: The funny thing is like, the funny thing is like I can the best I can hope for with this is like I want to pick like a game that gets like a sixty nine, you know, like or seventy one, all exactly exactly.
Speaker 7: Here's a suggestion, though so far three of Greb's four games have been counterpicked.
Speaker 8: You could just make it even spread.
Speaker 2: Their Yeah, do that? Come on?
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, I think I think the Ghost games coming out for sure. All right, I'm gonna pick the blueprints. I don't know I don't know enough about it. I want to count of pick it.
Speaker 6: That's a mistake, is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It could be. It just could be a huge mistake. Who is to say huge? Miss uh?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 1: Now do it? Do it? Stick to your guns?
Speaker 5: Because I got a pee.
Speaker 4: Everyone's talking so fast. No, I I took it.
Speaker 10: Yes, blueprints, Okay, so I'm next up. Yeah, not a lot of options. Let me actually do the list here, which I think will do the worst out of all these. Boy, there's some good looking games on this list. Hm hmm. It's a matter of if it comes out.
Speaker 1: Listen, that's a great three dollars game.
Speaker 14: Tam uh was I gonna We're just we're just mitigating damage here, And based off of something someone said, I do think I'm gonna go with Little Nimers three, not just because of what Dan said, but because they those games scored like high seventies to eighty.
Speaker 10: So if I lose ten points, that's not like the end of the world. Yeah, and I'm not going to cough day about our stuff not coming out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're an awkward triactuary though.
Speaker 8: Okay, it's me.
Speaker 5: I again to what Sean said, This is about mitigating damage. I think this game will probably be in the sevens and eights based on what I played, or at least it's just not a game for me. Assassin's Creed Shadows.
Speaker 2: Wow, I could easily be high seventies.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I was thinking about as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it.
Speaker 5: Was just I don't know. I think some people will really enjoy it, but I also think that like they're trying to cater to both sides of Assassin's fans and they're not really doing it very well. And also like, so yeah, where Ghost of Yota is coming out, I don't know that. I think they really have to do something special.
Speaker 10: Mikey doesn't have a lot to work with here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: By the way, yeah, like I don't know much about Wonderstop, but when I look at it, it doesn't you know.
Speaker 8: It's because of games of course.
Speaker 7: I'm like, I don't think that's very interesting, but it's projected to earn ten points on this site, which scares me a little bit.
Speaker 8: Slight of hand.
Speaker 7: That's like, it seems like a pretty ambitious game of a lot of things. It looks cool, but I could see that like just not all coming together somehow. So yeah, I think I will go with that I think I will go with Sleight of Hand as my counterpick.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, that's that's a Game of the year favorite, Mike, you really messed up bang It Ship.
Speaker 5: Wait wait, what was your counterpick of hand? Okay, well I was gonna I was gonna say, because Wonder Stop is being done by the Stanley Parable guy.
Speaker 8: Oh, that would have.
Speaker 10: Been such are we did? Everybody? Draft is over. That's all of our initial picks, while we just quickly go down the line and say what we each picked, and then our one counterpick sounds good? All right? Mate?
Speaker 7: Uh Midnster Hunter Wilds has unannounced mainline three D Mario platformer Claire Obscure Expedition thirty three, Ninja Kite in four two point Museum in the counterpick of Sleight of Hand.
Speaker 5: Jam Hot Games this Year has a packed slate of Monster Hunter Wild's Blueprints, Wonder Stop and the Altars, and the counterpick is Assassin's Green Shadows.
Speaker 10: All right, play stay Sean, coming in hot with the nerdy games for you' all. We got some Doom The Dark Ages, Dragon Quest one and two HD two D remake Trails in the Sky first chapter, Fatal Fury, City of the Wolves, and we have counterpicked Little Nightmares three.
Speaker 4: All right, uh, my publisher even more important game company. I'm also currently now getting Google ads for Crowndesigners dot com. Uh. My picks are Grand Theft, Auto six, Death Stranding two on the Beach That Makes You Old, the Outer World's two, uh, Skate and Skate Story, and my counterpick is Blueprints I.
Speaker 1: Get It eight A The Show. Uh.
Speaker 3: My games are Split Fiction, Assassin's Creed, Shadows, Ninja, Guy Den, Raggae, Bound, Citizen Sleeper two, star Ward Vector. My counterpick is border Lands.
Speaker 6: Oh so Bombay mixed a lot of games. We have Pokemon Legends, The A Civilization seven, Light of Hand, and Little Nightmas three. My counterpick is Hollow Night, Silk.
Speaker 1: Song Nintendo to run by me Nicky Grayson. I have selected untitled Next Mario Kart for the switch to, which is very funny that they put switched to after it, Elden Ring, Night Rain Like a Dragon, Pirate, Yakaza in Hawaii and Zeno Blade Chronicles ex Colon Definitive Edition. And my counterpick Foolish is avowed.
Speaker 2: Hubb A grub of games selected Ghost of Yote, Metroid Prime four Beyond Borderlands for and avowed, and I counterpicked. I believe Jeff Backlar's Grand Theft, Auto.
Speaker 8: Six no RPGs allowed as middle Years, Solid Delta, Snake Eater, Hollow Night, Silk Song, South of Midnight, and Call of Duty twenty twenty five. My counterpick is Metroid Prime four. What there's no evidence, I said, twenty twenty five Champions, he's.
Speaker 1: Been so quiet?
Speaker 10: Lutes All right, friendly reminder that so now we have our four games of the ten that you have on your list this year. I didn't mention this at the top, but if a game gets confirmed to not come out, I think it makes a little easier on everyone. If it's confirmed not come out, you can drop it from your team just freely. You just do go and do that, and you get one unconditional drop as well, but only one. And from here on out, we each have a fictional hundred dollars to use on the bidding process. Every week you can bid on a game, and then I believe Thursday night it gets revealed what games have been bid on. In case you forget about something and you're like, oh, I want to try to grab that, and you can put a bid in for that or a bid for a counter pick as well. So yeah, there we.
Speaker 1: Go the fucking eugenics.
Speaker 3: All right, folks, Fantasy critic, We're gonna try and check in on this a little bit more regularly.
Speaker 1: Nikki, I believe it was you that ran a pole and I won that fucking pole.
Speaker 10: Dominated it, ray lest Nikki, thank you.
Speaker 1: I decided to do it right this time.
Speaker 7: We all came up with some good lists, yere, I think, and this could be anybody's game right now.
Speaker 10: Everyone's looking pretty well. We'll see what everyone picks up throughout the year.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I mean now that we know that a shoot crown is on the line, Yeah, a motivation all right, that's right, all right, folks. That does it for this week's episode of BombCast Revengeance. A lot of stuff going up on the website. Anyone got anything they're particularly proud of or want to plug?
Speaker 8: I don't know of the ninety nine dragons. Blake Love has begun. It's the worst feeling game. We're halfway done, right, I've heard the back half is where the real horseshit is. I'm really looking forward to that. So check out that episode one on YouTube in the site and you.
Speaker 2: Can follow along. There's a way to go to Fantasycritic dot games and you can click on the Giant Bomb League our league and you can follow it if you want to keep up with all the updates and stuff and stay uprized. Sure, I'm sure people at home are gambling on this if you want to make sure you keep track of that.
Speaker 1: Draftings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, yep, big on draftings.
Speaker 1: That's right, folks. If you are watching live, perhaps stay tuned. We're going to try and cobble together a upf of sorts. Some of the crew will be doing some things and maybe someone's going to do some training that the Giant Bomb YouTube has to do now because of a certain game. But folks, we'll see you later. And that has been a Fantasy Critic twenty twenty five. Folks, We'll see.
Speaker 9: You next week for another episode of the Giant Podcast.
Speaker 1: We Love