Speaker 1: It's time to bring our favorite meteorologists from box thirty one and everywhere else. Dave Frasier, Hello, my friend, Hey.
Speaker 2: How are you those self self cleaning toilets? I wish they could make them affordable for the house, don't you?
Speaker 1: Ah, you know what, that would be fantastic, But you need for this one. It actually rotates the toilets, so you have two toilets in each bathroom, and while one of them is being used, the other one is behind a wall being completely cleaned.
Speaker 3: It's amazing, so good.
Speaker 1: Love it, Yeah, love it a fantastic Can we just have more of this morning's weather, because that's glorious?
Speaker 3: Dave, what are we looking at here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? More of the same, honestly, so question asked, and yes we can deliver. I had a nice little brief shower early this morning, a little bit of cloud cover. It didn't amount to much and settled the dust on the deck and that was it. I think tomorrow kind of brings the same thing where we're talking about low range chances, but early and late. So tomorrow morning kind of mostly cloudy, there could be some drizzle or a few showers. Early we'll pop some sunshine in the afternoon and that will trigger a few scattered showers and thunderstorms. What I like in the next few days is that these humidity levels are going to start to come up. We're going to tap into a little monsoon moisture, not a huge push, not widespread rain, but the storms instead of gusting the wind like they've done the last few days, as they've been evaporating and not really producing great rain. I think the next few days Thursday, Friday, and Saturday all have the chance to give us some nice wedding rain in a few areas. Again not widespread. Right.
Speaker 1: So I had a really interesting conversation last Sunday.
Speaker 3: I was at an event for my.
Speaker 1: Favorite realtor and I met a woman who had moved to the Springs two months ago, and I said, Oh, what do you think of the spring. She goes, Oh, it's really pretty, and she said, but God, it rains every day. And I was like, that's not normal, That's not how it normally.
Speaker 3: Is in the summer.
Speaker 1: So I said, the good news is everything is still green, Like we're not used to seeing this much green this late in the year, you know, So we're where are we on our rain totals for the year.
Speaker 3: I mean, where are we on our moisture? What do we look at that here we're.
Speaker 2: In good shape. I think August really was a leg up for us, as you know, is the third wetest August on record. Now again some people will argue, well, the airport got hit with the four plus ands. I think it was four point one three inches of rain. There were other areas that were not as beneficial when it came to the rain. But I think the pattern that we're seeing with rain chances coming in every few days and not prolonged dry stretches of hot temperatures has really helped. And the overnight lows at this time of the year, as you get laid into aug in September, you get those overnight loads, which really the plants, the vegetation, the natural grasses, your own lawn, they love that in the evenings, and so all of a sudden, if you're lawn sometime in after a warm July starts to look a little brown and a little bit like it's struggling, it may all of a sudden kick back in and you're mowing more now than you may have been six weeks ago because of those overnight lows. You've got to do in the morning sometimes. So I think the combination of that, staying away from long, dry, hot stretches, having the intervals of rain has really made the difference and kept things going green well.
Speaker 1: And I think it's kind of interesting because I don't remember, and I've only been here thirteen years.
Speaker 3: I don't remember a summer where.
Speaker 1: I feel like we've had that much consistency to your point, right, it feels like, you know, we've had maybe a couple of weeks where it was super hot, which is expected, but you know, every so often, just when I think to myself, do I need to water.
Speaker 3: My trees, right, we get rain.
Speaker 1: And I don't remember a summer where I haven't had to water my trees really at all.
Speaker 3: They've been really good this whole summer. So it's like I've there's been a few.
Speaker 2: In our past. Twenty twenty during COVID was a very hot summer week, seventy three days at ninety degrees or higher. There were some at one hundred and five. That was the most ninety degree days we had seen in the summer. I think it was my than seventy five days in twenty twenty, and then the hottest summer on record was twenty twelve. For those who were here then you would have been so abroughly about that timeframe. That was a really hot summer we had. We had not only twenty four days consecutively at ninety degrees or higher, but in that stretch we had thirteen days at one hundred plus degrees. So that was a really hot, baking summer and things were not looking good though summers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, hopefully what is this spell?
Speaker 1: Okay, first of all, we should find out what the Farmer's Almanac said this summer was going to be like, and then we'll go back, what is this really forte or fortel? Does it say anything about what we're going to be expecting for fall, for early winter?
Speaker 2: You know it doesn't. It really doesn't. The seasonal average stuff that I look at I always pull up before I get on with you, because I know sometimes viewers want to know. So we're still stuck in this pattern with the outlooked for the month of September and we're ten days in was for it to be warm and dry, warmer than normal and drier than normal. That can be a half a degree, It can be a couple of extra rain drops or a few less rain drops. It doesn't mean it's going to be record setting by any mean. But the eighth to fourteen day outlooks so the next seven days we've got rain chances Thursday, Frivay, Saturday a break, and then those rain chances come back starting on Wednesday of next week. And the outlook from the seventeenth to the twenty third, which would be the next seven day, is a below normal and above normal for moisture, and quite a bit above normal for moisture. So if the thirty day outlook is going to come true, then we've got to go completely dry after the twenty third, and I just don't see that. And what we start to see in the computer models is we start to look into the models and we run them forward in time, and all the various models that we look at, and you start to see hints of snow up over the peaks. That's a sign that we're tapping into colder air locks. We're not there yet, we haven't shut off warm temperatures. But when we start to see computer models kicking out, like I think it's next Wednesday, I can see there being possibly accumulating snow on the peaks, not just the dust name I'm not talking to see, but there could be, because we're looking to be a little wetter towards the end of next week or the middle too, end of next week.
Speaker 1: All right, I have a couple questions from the text line, sure you, David. One of them is already fallen off the text line, so I'm just gonna have to do.
Speaker 3: It for memory.
Speaker 1: And it essentially was, Hey, Dave, why are we now calling the forecast the future cast is forecast?
Speaker 2: Not enough, We've always called future cast future cast. It's been that way to my memory for twenty years. So the forecast is the forecast, the seven day forecast, the day park forecast, what you should expect tonight and tomorrow. But the future cast is the computer animation that we run for the next twenty four hours, pinpointing exactly where storms and snow and rain might be, and we stop at intervals of time to be able to say, hey, tomorrow morning at seven am, there might be a brief shower at new here's the sunshine at five o'clock tomorrow. So yeah, it's just a naming mechanism that we use for that one product. But everything falls into the umbrella of a forecast.
Speaker 3: Okay, so really it's just a marketing thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just it's future cat. It's basically a computer model that we run out. Sometimes we run the same one day after day after day. Sometimes we'll change it to a different model to give people a perspective. It's just a tool for us to be able to say, hey, here's what you should expect tomorrow, the future to look like.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this texture said, please tell Dave I miss him since we moved out of state. He was the best this texter, says Mandy. Please ask Dave if the weatherboard is a green screen or a bunch of monitors acting in concert.
Speaker 3: Isn't it both?
Speaker 2: It is both? And to that first view er, sorry you moved out of state, and thank you for the compliments. Yes, it's both. It's both. I didn't want to let that one go by it men. Yeah, I know, yeah, it's both. You know, the technology has changed in the last five to eight years. We've had sets. I think we've had two sets now, no, potentially, you know, we've had three sets in about eight years. And the technology, the large computers we use, you'll see them online and everywhere those large monitors we use are actually panels that when they can snap in and out, and when they're all snapped in together, they look like one giant TV. So we use both. The monitors are cool because you know, they're just these big things and everything's displayed and larger than life and we can stand in front of them. I still enjoy the green screen because the green screen allows us to be interactive. We have a capability with our weather graphics computers to be interactive. And what I mean by that is like, if I wanted to, I could touch on things and move them around with my finger. You can't do that on the monitor wall. So during severe weather, I like to be in the chromat because I can stay there and I can manipulate the radar with my finger and the tools that I have right there, I don't have to leave and go anywhere, or on the monitor wall you can't do that. But the monitor wall are great presentations and they're certainly the way of that everybody's doing things these days.
Speaker 1: And the only problem with both of these is that you can no longer wear your favorite color, which is green, because you will just blend in with the rest of it.
Speaker 3: Dave Frasier.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to you again next week, my friend.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the next few days and have a great weekend. We sure will.
Speaker 3: That is weather Wednesday,