Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, Here's Wayne Resnick.
Speaker 3: KFI AM six forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and good morning, Welcome to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Wayne Resnick sitting in for Bill.
Speaker 3: He is off on his holiday vacation, which is only it's only a half a vacation.
Speaker 2: As you know.
Speaker 3: He starts the holiday season by following Santa Claus around on his rounds, criticizing how Santa is doing his job and making ethnic jokes in every that Santa goes to. I don't know what he's come up this year for a Lithuanian joke, but I'm sure he's got something. Good Morning to Michelle cbe but producing this week and next week as Ann takes a well deserved holiday vacation, and good morning again at the beginning and the end of talking about you, I wish you a good.
Speaker 4: Morning, good morning, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good?
Speaker 4: It is Christmas Eve, and honey, it is what it's?
Speaker 3: Oh Christmas Eve, Yes, it's Christmas Eve. It's Hanikah Eve. I'm not gonna lie. I have been REMISSI checking what it is relative to Kwanza. Oh, but Kwanza is around, right, I mean Kwansa is around. And I'm bringing it up because sometime later in the show, I don't know when exactly.
Speaker 4: It starts on the twenty sixth.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, so uh, sometime later in the show, I've prepared for you a very special Christmas poem. It's it's based on a poem that you know. It's based on the poem A Visit from Saint Nicholas, which is also often known as twas the Night before Christmas, but this one is not as long, and it's called a visit from one of the other ones. I love it that will be happening all right, on to Kono. Let's get you in and out of the way. That sounded bad. I didn't mean it that way. Kudos to your festive red sweater. How are you thank you had a green hat? Oh, duck down a little bit. Yes, it is very much green. It's all Christmas.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: You are the only actual morning crew person who is here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Every everyone else is a substitute transplants. And then we bring it to oh the faceless Michael Monks. You know that you're the microphone placement blocks your face entirely.
Speaker 5: I'm for a reason Wayne, Okay, you don't have to worry about the face.
Speaker 2: It's wonderful to meet you and see your face.
Speaker 3: We have spoken a few times when I filled in for John Coblt some time ago.
Speaker 2: I don't remember what it was. Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: You were nice enough to come on with the different stories that you were covering. And Michelle, yes, true or false? What have I said about Michael Monks?
Speaker 6: Say you were very excited to work with him, that you like him very much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is true. Well that's mutual, my friend, so grateful to be with you. What I do is I put thank you.
Speaker 3: I put her as a buffer between my fanboydom and you so that it is less uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Do you have issues expressing your feelings towards other men? No, I actually don't.
Speaker 3: Emotional emotional discomfort is a hallmark of this show. So whenever possible, you throw some of that in because apparently people like that. All right, Michelle, anything that you want to attend to tell the people about or no, there's nothing before we begin the show proper?
Speaker 2: What about the Are we gonna wait on the thing?
Speaker 4: What thing?
Speaker 6: A thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll wait on the thing.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, then I would advise people, if you can, to listen as much as you can over the next two weeks because at some point there'll be a thing I don't like that. Well, all right, here we go then professional radio in three two one, it's time for this morning's Handle on the News with Michael Monks and me and your lead lead story is American Airlines called a complete ground stop for all of their flights earlier today, which on a I don't know, a random April five would be big news, but on December twenty four is an even bigger deal. Saying there were technical problems. Did they tell us what kind of technical problems?
Speaker 2: No, they did not.
Speaker 3: Did they say that we have a problem because all the pilots they all brought lightning connectors and the cockpits are USBC. No, But an hour later, whatever the problem was was fixed. The ground stop has been called off. It's kind of like when a car blocks a lane on the four h five during rush.
Speaker 2: Hour for thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: Though the ripple effect of all those delayed flights will be felt probably through New Year's will be my guess. So that brings us to the official Handle on the News lead story, how would everybody's head about the bed human case of age five bird flu has been confirmed right here in La County. This according to the La County Department of Public Health.
Speaker 2: They say it's.
Speaker 3: The first human case detected in the county, not in the world, not even in the United States of America. They say that the person who has it purportedly got it from infected livestock at a work site. They have mild symptoms, they're getting anti virals, they're recovering at home, so it's not they're not in the hospital, and it's highly unlikely they're gonna succumb or anything like that, but it is starting to bridge the species this bird flew.
Speaker 5: Yeah, That's what I want to know is what do they mean by the encounter with livestock that were impacted?
Speaker 2: You know, how did this person get it exactly? Was it like.
Speaker 5: COVID transmitted through the air or were they kissing or you know, did he drink the raw milk? What was going on between this person and this cow's I'm sorry, I from Kentucky. You know some of this arises.
Speaker 3: The feel of a hard beak against my lips and you salled you with romance.
Speaker 2: I knew you were.
Speaker 5: Telling the truth when you said you had no qualms with expressing your feelings.
Speaker 2: No, not at all. Yeah, I'd kiss a chicken. I'd absolutely kiss a chicken.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure, No, I mean, I mean, if you're pick from the animal kingdom just for a kiss, you'd go for a beak.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying I prefer a chicken. Give me a pig. I'm kissing, said.
Speaker 3: Michael Monks. You're already starting. You're trying to start a fight. I didn't say, of all the animals on the earth, my preferred kissing animal would be a chicken. That's not what I said. What was it You said, chicken? It was something you had thought about. Well, it just came to mind now because you brought it. Listen, now you're first, you're starting. I've got to reevaluate my inter of you, because first you come in, you come in hot, trying to start an argument. Then then you turn the tables and shift the blame like I'm the one who started chicken kissing thoughts.
Speaker 5: Well, I grew up in a very manipulative family, and I bring that type of energy into the show.
Speaker 2: So and I have an hour head start on you right, I had to do.
Speaker 5: The five o'clock hour, So I'm warmed up and stretched and ready to go.
Speaker 2: Man, I've already got my cardio in. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well then you if you came from a manipulative family and you have all kinds of issues, you will fit right in here at k I absolutely we'll talk about the water and how high it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was crazy.
Speaker 5: We saw some videos out of Santa Cruz that took down a pier with a few people on it. Mercifully they were all rescued. Wasn't the same thing for a man who got covered in debris? Though on a beach. One person has died. High surf warnings, advisories and effect along the coast from Ventura County to La County. Here locally and so ABC seven reports if your holiday involved going to the beach, you may want to wait. I surf warnings and advisories are in effect up and down the coast through Christmas.
Speaker 2: Peak.
Speaker 5: Wave heights could reach twelve feet at beaches in La and Orange County, and up to eighteen feet at Ventura County beaches. They expect the highest turf through today, but some advisories will last through tomorrow. You've seen that footage, I'm sure, Wayne.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So you're saying eighteen foot waves are high.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know how to gauge them, right. I'm not from southern California. I love looking at the ocean. I love seeing a busy body of water when it's got a little bit of life to it. It's exciting, it can be romantic. But when they tell me it's dangerous, I believe them. So I don't know, but I do know there are folks who are taking in the water anyway. And again, all we can do is say these are what the warnings are. Use your best judgment.
Speaker 3: Speaking of warnings, Michelle kindly attached this looks like it would be a poster or something you would see posted at the beach, and it's about rip currents and how to protect yourself from rip currents and what they are and how they're dangerous.
Speaker 2: Which I guess there are these under the surface.
Speaker 3: Currents that run away from the shore and they will suck you right out into the middle of nowhere. Then you get one of those you know that movie Open Water, You get one of those scenarios going on.
Speaker 2: But here's what I like about it.
Speaker 3: So it says what to do if you're caught in a rip current, don't fight the current whatever. But then it says safety there are three safety tips, and the first safety tip for avoiding rip currents in the ocean is know how to swim, which is very helpful as a safety tip. I mean, I would agree that is probably safety tip number one if you're going to go into the ocean, know how to swim.
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Hold on, who is this from? Oh, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association dot gov.
Speaker 2: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 5: Focus on the regular weather please, and never swim alone, of course, they say. And I can't imagine. I'm pretty terrified of open bodies of water. Like I said, I love looking at them, but being in them is a different story for me personally. I can't imagine just jumping into the ocean, you know, the Earth's sweat pits, and just being left alone in there.
Speaker 2: Do you have a fear of deep water big time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a common it's a common fear, hey quickly, because it's related. Just tell us what happened at the Santa Cruz wharf please?
Speaker 2: So this thing collapsed?
Speaker 5: I mean, they've got some high surf in Santa Cruz as well, and that's why the warnings here are resonating, I think more because we've seen how dangerous it can get.
Speaker 2: And so it's the end of a wharf that.
Speaker 5: Visitors know well. In Santa Cruz. This is something that people can go stand on and take in the water. But the water decided to take it in and so the big half of it collapsed into the water. Three people were standing on it. Apparently two were rescued rather quickly. Another one was rescued shortly after. So that thing collapsed. And so the collapse came as the National Weather Service issued a high surf warning cautioning the dangerously large breaking waves of thirty to forty feet, with the largest wave sets up to sixty feet where possible. The warning area included San Francisco, the coastal North Bay and Point Reyes National Seashore, the San Francisco Peninsula, Coast, Monterey Bay, and the Big sur Coast.
Speaker 2: Matt Gates too little, too late.
Speaker 3: The House Ethics report about his behavior has been released, but he tried to stop it by filing a lawsuit yesterday saying that, oh, the decision to publish it was procedurally defective, that it was something that had never been done before, and whatever else his reasons were. And so he files the lawsuit asking a judge to block the relation lease of the report, but unfortunately for him, they released it before anything could happen.
Speaker 2: And in the law that's called moot.
Speaker 5: Now do you suspect why he might not have woned this released?
Speaker 2: Are you? Are you serious? Right now?
Speaker 3: Of course, because of the the allegations and it seems like he likely paid an underage girl for sex, for example, and all that.
Speaker 5: Stuff, and engage in a lot of drug use, traveled a lot to have sex with these girls and these women. And you know, I wonder, Wayne, do you think Hunter Biden is somewhere blushing reading this?
Speaker 3: Oh boy, Oh, here we go. You have to recall blushing, blushing, blushing at the flattery of being copied.
Speaker 2: What are you? Why is Hunter Biden? I'll go here with you.
Speaker 3: I don't know who's paying you to trash these fine people right now over fifty thousand watts, but I'll go there with you. On this Christmas Eve as we await the commemoration of the birth of the sweet baby Savior of mankind. Sure, I'll talk about drugs and sex with underage kids with.
Speaker 5: You, Well, I think it's appropriate, and you know this is not appropriate. This this is a family show for about twelve minutes and then the rest of it is unabashed debauchery. See.
Speaker 3: I'm not here to get into the bill. Talked about what's in the report yesterday. Yeah, anybody can read the report. It's literally everywhere. If you want to read the salacious details of Matt Gates, you can do that. I'm not here to smear anybody Hunter Biden, Matt Gates, whoever, over certain personal behaviors, even if some of those behaviors may have also been crimes. I'm here specifically to say that Matt g is a moron. I'm here specifically to say that his head is full of cheap quality Guatemalan imported concrete. Because it was known that the secret vote to release the report. That was known at least as early as December eighteenth, and he didn't file anything. And I've me known everywhere because the AP published a story that they had voted to release the thing. And he didn't file this lawsuit until December twenty three, and that's why he got mooted. Right at Keister if he had filed immediately after that story came out, I believe he could have gotten a judge to issue an injunction against releasing the report until his arguments could be heard and evaluated.
Speaker 5: Mooted in Las, mooted in the Keys. I thought you were going to leave out the salacious details. Anyway, that happened. He got mooted from his own tardiness. And I brought up Hunter Biden because you might recall a hearing where Matt Gates was really trashing Hunter Biden and Matt Gates and that section of the Republican Party had a lot of fun at Hunter Biden's expense, meanwhile engaging in either comparable maybe worse behavior, And that is the state of politics today, I suppose. And I do just want to add that I think I once had some Guatemalans, but a patio in the backyard, and the concrete was fine. So I don't understand the reference to the Guatemalan concrete.
Speaker 3: Just that was off the top of my head, without having researched the quality of concrete from different countries of origin, and I was not it was hyperbolic, and it was not meant as an assertion of fact, and I will in fact retract it. And I will just say, let us strike your honors, strike from the record the word guatemal and just a cheap concrete.
Speaker 5: Well done, And let's talk about Luigi Manjoni.
Speaker 2: How about that? Finally this?
Speaker 5: You know, look, this is a good looking man, right, but he is suspected of a pretty heinous crime. I have not seen a reaction in real time like this to an accused killer. I saw the movie about Ted Kaczynski. Oh, not Ted, who was the Ted Bundy? I'm sorry Bundy. Yeah, the movie about Ted Bundy, and you know, obviously got some attention from the ladies, I suppose contemporaneously. I don't know that I've ever witnessed something like this in real time. I mean, do you recall anything like this, This, this weird outpouring of.
Speaker 2: What women women, women getting all a guy over bad men? Well, I mean, is that what you're asking me? Have I ever have I ever?
Speaker 5: Have you ever seen them? Have you ever seen them be so thirsty? On Maine Tho it happens all the time.
Speaker 3: The Menendez brothers got it, Charles Manson got it, does it?
Speaker 2: Zinsky got some of it?
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 3: Actually it happens every single time. They don't even need to be Abercrombie and Fitch hot to get it. Well, yeah, I don't, but men don't do it for women so much. You didn't have it, You didn't have tons of dudes wanting to marry squeaky from.
Speaker 5: Well, I guess that's a valid point. So we've done a little international racism and now a little women are worse than men. We have established that with science.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Hey, let's get some news.
Speaker 4: I'm going to disagree.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm clearly.
Speaker 3: Screwing around because it's Christmas eve Day, and also for another reason, which apparently we can find out about later another day. So you know, I remember, I just remember all.
Speaker 6: The guys going crazy for Jody Arius, who's that she was the one who killed her boyfriend in the shower.
Speaker 2: You know that's true.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And even though men would say she's crazy, but she's really good looking.
Speaker 2: I just always felt like a fringe element to me that.
Speaker 5: Of course there were people who works at but this widespread acclaim.
Speaker 4: Well, you are right, when women do it more than men, it is true.
Speaker 3: Maybe Listen, women women get crushes on bad men more than men.
Speaker 2: Men rape way more than women.
Speaker 3: So I think if you really want the scales of justice, men are losers on that comparison.
Speaker 2: Well, a promising young woman got a bit of an.
Speaker 3: Education after being arrested by the Seal Beach PD for shoplifting her my grammar's way off. I know she and two of her friends were or maybe just partners in crime. We're seen walking into an alta beauty store and stealing some stuff, and also going into a coals and stealing some stuff, and the PD track them down throw them in the back of the car, and that is when one of them learned, apparently for the first time, that the penalties for shoplifting have been increased. Here's a little here's a little classroom instruction from one person to another.
Speaker 4: There's new laws stealing the phone, and it's just a launch counted beast. They don't But that's the best study.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry now to be to be fair to the dumb one who didn't know.
Speaker 2: Shoplifting.
Speaker 3: Remember what happened when we had Prop forty seven in Criminal History reform, and one of the things we said is, look, if you're shoplifting, but it's under a nine hundred and fifty dollars or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's a misdemeanor, don't it's not a big deal. It's that we're not going to make a big deal.
Speaker 3: And then we just voted to increase some of the undo some of Prop forty seven's nonsense.
Speaker 2: And so it's this though.
Speaker 3: Shoplifting under nine hundred and fifty dollars now could be a felony if you have priors.
Speaker 2: So if your records.
Speaker 3: Clean, everybody's still as much as you can.
Speaker 2: But if you've been popped before.
Speaker 3: You you better know the retail value of what you're shoving down your pants. Those sounds there, all those all those beaps are what you put in because of the of the allegedly bad language.
Speaker 4: No, that was the They were in the back of the patrol car.
Speaker 2: Oh, that was patrol car beaps.
Speaker 3: You know, I thought maybe I thought maybe the two women and R two D two had been arrested for shoplifting.
Speaker 2: Wow, speaking of crime, here's a scam.
Speaker 5: Another scam. I mean, you really can't even leave the house anymore. A parking scam targeting Festival of Lights visitors in downtown Riverside. The city officials there warned the public about folks going down to the Mission INDs Festival of Lights, and there's apparently fake QR codes placed that pay stations around the parking areas in downtown and so you would scan this QR code thinking you were going to pay for parking, and the fraudulent version of the QR code would start asking for your credit card information, or another version of it would offer users a dollar parking if they pay with their Bank of America card.
Speaker 2: So we've seen the growth of QR codes.
Speaker 5: They've come back, especially during the pandemic, and now they're very commonplace. But my goodness, you have to really trust the ones you're scanning.
Speaker 3: Or charging people to park their cars parking parking should be considered a free service that comes with patronizing any place. Social media companies in parts of the world now are going to have to use facial recognition age checks to prevent underage kids from getting accounts on their sites.
Speaker 2: This sounds like the.
Speaker 3: Same thing that's been that's happening across the United States where the porn sites are now in certain states are requiring that porn sites verify your age, and a lot of the systems are using a facial recognition FINGU where it's like, look at your camera and artificial intelligence will tell.
Speaker 2: You how old we think you are.
Speaker 3: And they say this is better than showing us your ID, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Well, what about the people who look really young or people who look older than they are.
Speaker 3: Well, this is part of the problem with using facial recognition in this case.
Speaker 2: This is in Britain right now.
Speaker 3: They have an agency called Offcom that makes up laws and regulations about the use of social media and other related things. And they're the ones saying you're gonna have facial life Facebook. Someone wants to make an account's got to be facial recognition to make sure that they're old enough. And I'm not sure if they've worked out what happens if you're actually twenty and you got a baby face and Facebook won't let you make an account. But I guess that's a problem. Put it this way, no offense. That's not a problem for anybody here on the show right now.
Speaker 5: Ah, Merry Christmas, there you Merry Christmas. Hey, Wayne, We've got some new neighbors in California. California has seen a big population rebound after years of losses. The Only Times reports after several years of decline californ Cornya's population grew by almost a quarter of a million residents in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: That's according to stats from the Census Bureau.
Speaker 5: And while we do have more neighbors, they say the numbers are not all rosy. California experienced a slower growth rate than the country as a whole, and other large states, particularly in the South, are growing faster. It also experienced the nation's largest domestic migration loss.
Speaker 2: So I moved here in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 5: I thought that California was going to fall over itself because I was coming in, you know, like they're losing people. Here comes a new, fresh faced man ready to live in California. They weren't that excited about my arrival at all. It's very disappointing, nonplussed. Yeah, there was always in this snow welcome.
Speaker 3: You know what's interesting about fun fact for me, it's fun for me to think about. So California has had periods of great population growth, population decline, slow population growth, and right now we're at about what thirty eighty nine and a half half million is an estimate. I believe never have we cracked forty million. There seems to be a limitter in place that we just we can't get. I'm not saying I want us to get above forty million. I'm just saying it's really weird that, like, we get really close to forty million and something happens and we lose population.
Speaker 2: Again. Well, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 5: It is something that could have electoral consequences. Right, We're a pretty big prize on presidential election nights and might lose some some electric I think.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I mean, first of all, it's always blue.
Speaker 3: We'll always go blue, and we'll always have a lot of electoral votes if we lose one or two somehow, I don't it doesn't.
Speaker 2: I don't think changes that much.
Speaker 3: Want to try to say is California will always be cool and the best. I agree, no matter what agreed. Michael Monks might hate California, I do. I don't know why I hate hates California so much. Chicken man, that's that's particular. You know what I just said is particularly funny, isn't it, Michelle accusing him of hating California anyway. Yes, I'm hinting at something, Ladies and gentlemen, And if you keep listening, during the holidays. This is called foreshadowing. At different points during shows, things will be said that won't make sense. You'll wonder why they're being said, But at some point there'll be big reveals about what's going on. You know how, throughout the sixth sense there are clues as to what the big surprise is going to be. There are clues, and if you go back and watch it again, you start to see, oh, that's what's happening now. Hey, Hurtz has a feel for you story. Maybe you're renting a Tesla, you fool, and you're driving around in it and not realizing what a piece of junk it is, and you'll get an email from Hertz that says, hey, are you loving your rental right now?
Speaker 2: Well, why don't you consider it a test drive?
Speaker 3: Maybe you'd like to take it home and you'll get a nice offer to buy the Tesla that you're driving as a rental because they're trying to thin out their herd of evs. It is not only Tesla's, to be fair, it's other evs as well. It's just the Teslas are getting all the attention. And somebody got an amazing offer. It was a twenty twenty three Model three less than thirty thousand miles, and Hurt said, hey, if you like it, you can buy it for eighteen thousand dollars, Which is that Listen, whatever you think of Tesla's, that's a great price for that car. But it also suggests they'd really maybe rather not have to take it back.
Speaker 5: There's a related story as well, Wayne, because as you know, people were driving some pretty big cars there for a long time, the bigger the better, and now people are downsizing. According to the Wall Street Journal, stubbornly high car prices and elevated interest rates are persuading more Americans that when it comes to their next car purchase, bigger isn't always better.
Speaker 2: So we are.
Speaker 5: Turning apparently to smaller sedan models, and that is we're seeing that the monthly payments for new cars or maybe a little lower when you do that.
Speaker 2: They're not as expensive.
Speaker 5: Some of the smaller models and entry level models as they call them, are the Honda Civic, the Nissan CenTra. They've taken off this year, rising twenty three percent or more through November. So less is more when it comes to cars these days.
Speaker 3: It's good for safety on the roads too. If you have fewer of these ridiculous outsized behemoth particularly like the King Cab pickup truck with the double wide thing in the four tires. And I never, ever, I never see a guy, like for example, hauling a bed full of high quality Guatemalan concrete in these trucks. They're just going to the shooting range. Yeah. So I like this trend. I like it absolutely. Okay, I have to scroll back up.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Sorry.
Speaker 3: Also, downsizing you're a Christmas tree the newest trend because people have less space in their homes apparently, or they have more other stuff. That's that's encroaching on where a big tree would go. Is a skinny tree. I think they're still as tall, but they are skinny and they kind of look weird because they are so thin and tall. And celebrities have been showing off their new skinny trees. Kelly Rippa posted a picture of her tree and she said she's skinny. Don't shame her, and she I don't. Oh, she coined this herself, but she used this new term. They're calling it tre zembic, and the idea was literally, for example, people would get a giant tree and it would be blocking the TV. No, we can't have that in America. So what do you do? Do you just not watch TV for a few days? No, you make the tree do a boot camp.
Speaker 4: God forbid it. Blocks of TV.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, we have our priorities.
Speaker 4: We have to finish on the next story.
Speaker 5: Okay, we'll finish on the next story, and that is that Crocodile Dundee star Bert dies, the reptilian star of nineteen eighties classic crocodile Dundee, has died at the age of at least ninety years old. The crocodile's death was announced by Australian Reptile Park Crocosaurus Cove, where Bert lived out his final years.
Speaker 4: He was so big. Did you see him?
Speaker 2: Big big? He's a huge Oh my gosh, sure Bert, not.
Speaker 3: That I've ever seen a crocodile and thought, what a little cutie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ninety years old age pretty well. I don't know how you would do on that facial recognition we talked about earlier though, Well, he.
Speaker 4: Aged better than Paul Holkin.
Speaker 3: Well he was obviously using bow CrOx Oh, well done. This is KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show, Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app