Speaker 1: Oh thats are.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: This is the Cult of Conspiracy, and my name is Jonathan, I'm Jacob. Now there was a good cult member whenever we were over at bro Grove a few days ago, over the over this past weekend, that was like, all right, I need to know what's the next episode going to be. I want a little insider information. And I said that it was actually going to be this episode. But then, of course the whole Iran and Israel and America debacle just had to go down over the weekend. And these things always happened whenever we're on trips. You ever noticed that, Like, yeah, we when we went to South Carolina, it was the Chinese spy balloon, And now we got to Florida and it's like, oh, yeah, you know, bombs are being dropped and Iran It's like what the fuck?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of people were of the belief that we were about to into World War three. I'd said, no, there's no way we're actually about to do that. I didn't think America was going to get involved at all. I understand why they dropped ordinance on three specific locations and all that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, cool, cool, now it's being called the twelve Day War, and I'm like, big dog, that's a really stupid name for this, because they're trying to make it sound like the Six Day War, when there was like four or five countries that all invaded Israel at the same time. This was not that.
Speaker 3: This uns have you been keeping up with it over the past, like twelve hours, eighteen hours?
Speaker 4: Yes, apparently Iran broke the ceasefire agreement. Shocker. Who could have ever predicted that Iran would go back on their word?
Speaker 6: And like, so, okay, cool, cool, Yeah, So I mean, yeah, it seemed like they were coming to a ceasefire and there was gonna be a peace agreement gonna be happening with that.
Speaker 2: But we'll see.
Speaker 3: I mean, these kind of things, it's almost like, you know, whenever you're in the conspiracy world, dude, you know, nothing is ever easy, you know what I'm saying, Like nothing's ever simple, Like nothing's ever like, oh, they found peace and now they they love each other and they're singing kumbay A by the fire. It's like, I don't know if it's gonna happen that quick. Unfortunately, it's probably gonna have to get a little bit dirtier before that happens.
Speaker 4: Typically that's how it goes down.
Speaker 5: And everybody was so worried because they shot at one of our bases in the UAE writ in Qatar, and they're like, uh.
Speaker 4: Oh man, America, they hit one of our bases. But but dude, they did. They didn't come close. They shot like eighteen shots.
Speaker 5: All of our ground to air defenses shot down the missiles before they got closed except for one, right, and Iran was like, ah, one of them got through your impenetrable force. But it's like, yeah, but the reason why we didn't shoot is because it went and hit.
Speaker 2: The dirt nothing.
Speaker 5: It was so far off that they like, we didn't send up ordinance to stop it because you suck at your job, but we're really good at ours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: I'm still currently as a time of recording of the belief that America is not gonna get actually involved in this situation.
Speaker 4: Could be wrong, could be wrong.
Speaker 5: But I also even if America does get involved, this is not gonna be a World War three.
Speaker 4: This will be an open and closed conversation.
Speaker 3: That being said, this episode, we are shooting on a Tuesday, and this isn't coming out until Friday, so a lot of them could happen until then, just as it did yesterday.
Speaker 4: Right. I guess we'll see what happens. I don't know, just man, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's hard to remain up to the minute whenever your show's got to go out a couple of days in advance, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean.
Speaker 5: I'm not typically wrong on things like this, but I mean I am not a one percent you know guy here, And I know if everybody says that if Jacob was a FED, he's got to be the worst one ever.
Speaker 4: Because I wasn't read in on this one.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that we were about to send ground penetrators to Iran.
Speaker 4: I was out of the loop on that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, that is uh, that is need to know information, and they just, you know, your FEDS above you just thought that that wasn't really required for you to know that kind of shit.
Speaker 5: If I am a FED, I'm probably the shit bag fed that nobody actually let's read in on the conversations, which that makes sense.
Speaker 3: To although I mean you have long said that I am your handler, and I called this one out before you did, and so maybe I was a little bit more red in than you were.
Speaker 4: I mean, who's the fed? Now? You know, everybody quit hating on me. I ain't just shit here. Jonathan's the one that called this one.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But that being said, we do put the shows out a couple of days in advance, and if you don't want to have to wait until, you know, Thursday, Friday, or even the following Monday to be able to watch up to the minute shows the moment that they are edited and uploaded, then come to patreon dot com slash Cult of Conspiracy podcast. That is the best way to be able to support the show, and we appreciate all the good cult members over there. Of course, you already know what we got going on over there. If you sign up for the Third Eye all the way Open to here, you get to join us every Tuesday night at nine pm Central for the rest of your life and even once your your soul leaves your body and goes to heaven. They probably got WiFi up there, so you'll be able to check us out over there too.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They ain't savages, but there's a couple of other great things that you got over there, But I mean, let's just be real. The main reason why everybody goes to Patreon is that it is completely emotional fomish. Yeah yeah, maybe kip the kick those nasty ads as they say, as we say, and come follow us and support us on Patreon. So now let's get to the business. And well that was the business, but let's get to the actual meat and potatoes of what we're gonna be talking about today. Why you decided to listen to this specific episode. I know not everybody has time to listen to every damn episode we put out because there's fourteen fifteen shows a week going on right now, and I mean, it's it's an insane thing that we got going on over here, but it's a one big, beautiful family, and everybody's purpose is to open up that third eye. That is what we were put on this planet to do. We do believe that it was God's will, it was the Universe's will, it was the sources will.
Speaker 2: It might just be my higher self will.
Speaker 3: We don't know where it all comes from, to be honest with you, but I mean we feel inspired to do so and we love doing it. So today we're gonna be talking about Hollywood's hidden hand movies that were funded by the US government.
Speaker 4: Indeed.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, baby, So so we're tarting a little propaganda. We're talking a little symbolism in the background that people may not have seen.
Speaker 4: What exactly do you mean here.
Speaker 3: Well, we had just got done talking about just a couple of weeks ago about Tavistock and a lot of and that's the British version of propaganda on the US, which you know, you had the British invasion and all that kind of stuff, but.
Speaker 4: That's not a hippie wave and all these things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it wasn't just the Brits that were doing it. I mean we had Sri doing it over here for the longest time too. They were working hand in hand with that, amongst other you know, think tanks. But this one is more going to be government and military based. As far as like, dude, I didn't know that the government has a certain amount of money that they can spend as far as their propagation in Hollywood. I mean I kind of figured so like we always thought, you know, like it it's one thing to to see a little bit of propaganda and you're like, oh man, that director, what direction. Was he trying to point this show or this movie or whatever in But sometimes it is so easy to spot that the government had some kind of hand within the script writing and everything of movies.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: I could believe this because we talked about this too with the NFL. For instance, when they the DoD started paying the NFL to make sure that the star spangled banner was shown, that the players had to stand with their helmet on their left tip and their hand on their heart in the line and the whole nine That wasn't a law until I want to say it was like a law. It wasn't a rule in the NFL. Wasn't like till two thousand and three. There was a couple of years after nine to eleven and they were trying to draw more on the recruiting side of things, so they made the NFL go this direction. And I mean, yes, they always played the national anthem before football game, that's never been a question, but the optics of it being what it is today.
Speaker 2: The DoD paid the NF fell for that.
Speaker 4: So when you look at Hollywood movies especially, yeah, I could believe that the DoD has some money to throw Hollywood's way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Now, it's not you know, confirmed, the amount that they have to spend. It's possible that there's no cap to it. But it is interesting because a lot of these movies are extremely patriotic in nature. Now you would say, well, why would you need to program the American minds to be patriotic? Everybody should be patriotic. We should all live the country that we are, love the country that we live in. But just in case there are a couple of stragglers out there that hate this country and will do whatever they can to bad mouth this country, We're gonna make sure we propagandize within military movies. It's mainly military movies if I'm being real, but you know, and it could be like recruitment style things like we talked about like Top Gun before, about how Top Gun was one of the main recruiters for the Navy at the time, which came out in eighty six. Right, it works, It absolutely works. I mean yeah it did, because what was Saving Private Ryan? Your movie?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: Saving Private Ryan was mine? Absolutely and uh Maverick that movie. So the recruiting numbers for the military have been down for quite some time. And I don't mean just like a few thousand I mean a lot of thousands that they were pretty much banking on these people joining and they were not there except for the Navy in the past couple of years. Why you might ask, because the Maverick movie came out and the Navy actually saw not a skyrocket by any means.
Speaker 4: But they met their quota. No other branch did.
Speaker 5: Very interesting that came out around the time Tom Cruise let out another banger of a movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all very specific, you know, kind of plotted, kind of timing that we're talking about here as far as some of these movies go. And we're gonna get into it's not just the movies either, is that the the government and the military have certain actors that they like to call on more so than other actors, you know, a Ford, to push forth some kind of propaganda. It's not always military, but today's today's episode is going to be mainly military movies that were funded by the government, uh, to propagandize and to basically make everybody patriotic and and look at the military and the police and the first responders and all that stuff in a positive light. So I would understand that, I do get why they would do it. But it's not that cut and dry as nothing ever is. So we're gonnare's government funding going to it. There's going to be buffoonery and but fuckery along the way. It's just how it goes, exactly, And it's all about where the money's being funded.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 3: So you had, uh, what was that that program that they that all of the stores and all the companies had to run, uh to make sure that they were like supportive of gay pride and uh oh DEI yeah, all the DEI the yeah, all of that they And then.
Speaker 5: I'm glad that that's so antiquated that you forgot what the acronym was. And it's only been a few months since that's been off the books. But like that that thing that used to be, Yeah, I'm happy about that.
Speaker 2: Because it was ridiculous. I mean it was so.
Speaker 3: It not genuine, you know what I mean, Like it was corporate and it's corporate support you know. Damn well, Target doesn't give a shit if if you tuck your wiener somewhere, Like they're just like, no, we need money, you know, and look if we got to do this, maybe it's a law that we have to do this. And so what's interesting is is that you see now during Pride month, which isn't it this month it's about to end. I have not seen any corporate logo with a rainbow on it, have you.
Speaker 5: Nope, because it's no longer required. And that's saving companies money.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep.
Speaker 3: And and all of those corporations that you thought were so supportive, No, they were doing it because they had to. They didn't have any other choice, Like Budweiser almost went under because of it, right, And and that's and that's a shame. You know, we all want we all want, like the the companies and corporations that we love and support, we all want them to be able to kick back. But unfortunately they're gonna get fined if they don't. And it's they're just they kind of go along to get along. That's just the corporate reality we live in. But thank god they ended up repealing all that nonsense. And now I can, you know, go on Amazon without there being some kind of rainbow flag. Nothing against the rainbow flag at all. I don't care you want to be gay, whatever, But what I have an issue with is whenever they got the light pink and the light blue on there I'm.
Speaker 4: Of the trans flag that thing there, it's weird.
Speaker 3: Well it's not, it's just trans It's like pushing it towards kids, you know what I mean, Like that's what I do.
Speaker 2: I will never agree with that.
Speaker 4: Dude, Budweiser.
Speaker 5: The only thing that saved them as a company is Shane Gillison Post Malone. Let's just be real here, Okay, let's just lay all cards on the table. They went and played a really stupid game and they won a really stupid prize. They had to get the two biggest Quintessential bros Ever to save their brand, and honestly, they were the only two that could have done it.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, well, I mean they they tried their very best. And what's funny is as soon as they repealed that, they went back to like, you know, like the the Man's Beer and you know, you got the horses and the carriage and it's all set in the fucking Western times, and it's like, okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: Now we're back to regular Budweiser.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they act like we forgot. They act like we forgot.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry if you're drinking a bud light, Like there's there's easier ways to come out of the closet.
Speaker 2: You're still you're.
Speaker 4: Still if you like bud light by curious, I mean, hey, that's fine. I'm not here to judge you. You like to put things where they don't like to do you, brother, that's fine. But like there is non gay beer out there. You know what I'm saying. It's called Miller High Life. Oh Guinness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just me shout out to Yingling the fucking a. Yes, they never went that way. But it's kind of like, you know, like you always say, it's like you build a thousand bridges, but then you but then you drink one bud light.
Speaker 4: You know, what are you going to be known as? I'm sorry, it's not my fault that you told the world.
Speaker 3: This is what it is so ridiculous. All right, let's get back to it. So today we're going to be diving into a hidden alliance between Hollywood and the US government. Through declassified documents and the Freedom of Information Act requests, we now know that the Pentagon, the CIA, and other agencies have directly influenced hundreds of films and TV shows, not just helping with logistics, but literally rewriting scripts, controlling narratives, and embedding propaganda from fighter jets to superheroes. The US government has been shaping your perception one movie at a time. Now, let's dig into the titles that you know and love and uncover the programming hidden beneath the plot. So there is documented evidence that the US government, particularly through the Department of Defense or DoD and the CIA, has funded, influenced, or collaborated on a large number of movies and TV shows to help shape public perception and promote pro government or pro military narratives. This isn't just a conspiracy theory. It's been confirmed through Foyer requests and scholarly research. So where does it all start?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: A lot of people it's it's hard to keep track of it. But you can kind of look back at a lot of the older movies and be like, oh, okay, you know, because you see, you know, how they're able, how you're able to see kind of through the ship for example. Right Like for example, let's say I don't know what's your favorite director.
Speaker 4: I really like Scorsese.
Speaker 3: Let's say Scorsese he wants to do something with military in it, but you know, him just being a director or an actor, he doesn't have access to tanks or drones and you know, uh, military equipment and military vehicles and maybe uh just whatever certain you know, access to certain bases and whatnot. Well, then what he'll do is he'll he'll go to the d D or uh, you know, other branches of the government and he'll say, all right, look, I really need some funding for this, and you'll if you'll let me use some of your equipment in the military, then I'll let you, you know, diddle the script a little bit, right, And so that's kind of what you what the telltale of how to look for it is whenever you see fucking blue angels in the sky, it's like, oh, okay, the government had a hand in writing this script in a sense, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I could see this one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: So the Hollywood and the Pentagon formalized their relationship in nineteen forty seven, and this is allegedly it was around that year. It's probably happening before that, but are allegedly around that.
Speaker 4: You're interesting the year of Roswell, Right, it is, But it also kind of makes sense, right, World War Two gets wrapped up, all the boys are home, and now all of these actors that were serving are now back in Hollywood. And this is also why I have such an issue with the Duke Old John Wayne. Okay, I used to love the guy until I found out he was a draft dodger. And the reason why he dodged the draft was because at that time he was an up and coming star and if he wouldn't have gotten drafted, basically all of the big names went to war, he was able to land big, big roles with no competition. Right, So cut to nineteen forty seven, All of those actors that were all fighting and shit are now back home, so it kind of makes sense that there'd be a little bit of some crossover. Not to mention, the great World War two just ended, bro, we can make all kinds of movies to show our boys and show the heroics, which was real. I'm not denying this, but like, it would make sense to me that the DoD would want things to be done in a certain way and cast in a certain light and with a certain flavor on it to make America even more proud beating their chest than ever before. It perfectly lines up to me.
Speaker 3: Now flip the script literally on that and look at it from a different angle.
Speaker 2: Was he a draft Dodger.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he probably didn't want to go, and you know, he probably went and you know, maybe asked the government to Hey, you know what, Look, I can be better on screen than I will in the battlefield. So let me just stay here and propagandaze for you a little bit. All eyes are going to be on me. I'm one of the biggest fucking names in all of Hollywood right now. And not just John Waite, many other actors probably did this as well. But I would imagine that there was probably some kind of agreement that was had right there, because I mean, yeah, I'm not I'm not, you know, trying to degrade a singular you know, army soldier or whatever, you know, branch that he would have gotten in. But I mean, if you look at it, the propaganda in the influence that he would have over millions of people as opposed to you know, maybe taking out one guy on the battlefield, if even that right, So you could almost imagine that they made some kind of deal. That's how it plays out in my mind, especially after looking through all this.
Speaker 4: It's possible.
Speaker 5: I've looked into the records of him because I didn't believe he was really a draft dodger. It was like some bullshit bone spur conversation that he he got the paper pushed through because he had the right person to sign off on it, so to speak. But I mean even still, you had like Jimmy Stewart, and you had these you had big names that were in all of the Westerns at the time who flew and dropped bombs on Nazi Germany and stuff like that. Like, yeah, they weren't like frontline in the trenches. A lot of them were, you know, college educated. So they went officer route and they went pilot and they went all.
Speaker 4: Of these things.
Speaker 5: But like, yeah, yeah, it's uh kind of shitty how he did it.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you because and this isn't a movie actor by any means, but this is somebody who you know, is very highly praised within the NFL, especially in Arizona.
Speaker 4: Berger.
Speaker 2: No, what are your thoughts on Pat Tillman.
Speaker 5: That's the one that's the one that died overseas? Right, Yeah, I think by friendly fire? Actually, massive piece of shit, That's what I am so, And this isn't I wasn't there. I do not know, okay, And I'm not trying to besmirch the man's legacy. But from what I was told from people that were not necessarily with that deployment but around the area at that time, Okay, he did walk away from millions of dollars of a contract to serve his nation when he was called upon, and I am not gonna shit on that whatsoever. From what I was given to understand, he also was very loud about the fact that he walked away from millions of dollars to serve his country, and he wanted everyone to know about it. Him being a celebrity also kind of put crosshairs on him. And I'm not sure of the ins and outs of the day where he actually was killed by you.
Speaker 4: Know, blue on blue or green on green, however you want to call it.
Speaker 5: I was given the understanding that that wasn't as much of an accident as what the news would have you believe, because he was also that guy, mister fucking cat America, who was going to go in and get back, but he was taking unnecessary risks that were put the rest of his squad and platoon in harm's way because he fell in love with his own legend and some some people would say that one of his h enlisted men were scared for their life if this guy continued to lead them, so they removed him from uh the battlefield.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know if that's true or if it really was like a complete accidental ind or a negligent discharge if you will, and uh in just the worst possible scenario.
Speaker 4: Ever, I can only go off of reports that I heard.
Speaker 3: Friendly fire is considered neglible negligible dish discharge.
Speaker 2: Damn, I can't say that negligible.
Speaker 4: Damn, you fucking me up to nd. Okay, negligent discharge.
Speaker 5: Basically, what that means is you fire when you weren't supposed to fire. INDI's can happen anywhere. Anytime you watch some uh some video of a guy cleaning his gun and it goes off because I didn't know there was a round in it.
Speaker 4: But that that's called n D, right.
Speaker 5: So typically indies get shot into the wall and they scare the shit out of you. And sometimes you'll see someone shoot themselves in the leg on accident or something. But in the very worst case scenario, yes, an INDY can result in someone's death. I understand this, and very possibly it was something like that. I don't know the whole story, but from what I was given to understand by guys who were in and around the area, they were basically saying, They're like, yeah, he needed to go, and they weren't willing to sell out their boy. But they also were saying that he wasn't missed by anybody in his unit when he got got So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh that's unfortunate. Well either way, all right, let's get back to it. So in nineteen forty seven, the US government officially created the Office of Public Information for the Pentagon and later the CIA's Office of Public Affairs, which liaises directly with filmmakers. From then on, any film that wanted to use military equipment, personnel, or sets had to submit scripts for approval and accept edits in exchange for support. So what was the first movie ever funded by the US government? That would be actually a very interesting one, very hotly debated kind of movie, especially for the time that it came out. But it was called The Birth of a Nation. You know this movie, right?
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 5: Indeed for anybody who doesn't know or do you have a little thing to read about it, yeah.
Speaker 2: I have a little thing, but you're aware of what it is, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is actually believe or not. The first film ever played in the White House.
Speaker 5: President at the time said it was the best movie he'd ever seen, never mind the fact that it was the only movie he'd ever seen.
Speaker 4: And you there's no two ways about this.
Speaker 5: This is a movie about the foundation of the Ku Klux Klan.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to figure out which president that was, Woodrow Wilson. Yeah, okay, makes sense because he wasn't the best right.
Speaker 4: Kind of a piece of shit. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Now, this Birth of a Nation and it came out in nineteen fifteen. It says it's unofficially backed with federal military resources. But if you're looking at you know, the writing on the wall, writing on the wall, as far as you know how to be able to determine if it's military funded or not, it's it's pretty obvious. But it was directed by this guy named D. W.
Speaker 2: Griffith.
Speaker 3: This was the first feature length blockbuster and a tool of a nationalistic propaganda. The US military loaned cannons, uniforms, and soldiers for the Civil War battle scenes. The purpose, which is quite interesting, was to promote national unity after the Civil War but it ended up. It ended up glorifying the Ku Klux Klan and demonizing Black Americans. The film is considered the origin of Hollywood propaganda. It created the blueprint use epic cinema, emotional hooks, and spectacle to shape public opinion.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, wait wait, I'm sorry. I'm gonna need you to pump the brakes on that one, big hoss.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was filmed to do what purpose? The purpose I'll read it again.
Speaker 4: Just that one part because it good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, to promote national unity after the Civil War. That was the original purpose. But it ended up gloryway, but it ended up glorifying, glorifying the KKK, and demonizing Black Americans.
Speaker 4: Have you ever seen the movie?
Speaker 3: No, it is like for the little clips and shit of it, but no, I've never seen the whole movie.
Speaker 5: For the principle of education, it is worth watching it is. This was completely done to recruit more men into the Ku Klux Klan. There's no section of this movie where you at any point, maybe in the very beginning, where you see the Congress passes and you see black men shaking hands proud that they are now going to.
Speaker 4: Be considered citizens. That is a five second clip where maybe you could argue it was to give national pride. Then you pan.
Speaker 5: Up up and see the white men pissed off that that just happened. And then from that point onward it was a recruiting tool strictly to get dudes to join the Klan. There no, not even one section of this after that one spot was meant to give any kind of national pride.
Speaker 4: That's that's fucking retarded.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to find out right now. As far as oh shocker, Woodrow Wilson, yes, he was a Democrat, of course, of course, because they always say, well, they always say that, you know, it was essentially the Democrats that created the KKK.
Speaker 4: Right, very very true.
Speaker 3: Literally, this Democrat president in nineteen fifteen played this fucking movie in the White House and it was funded, It had government backing to be able to push propaganda. And it's almost like, because here's the thing, you can't just like say, let's say you're the director of that movie, Old d W.
Speaker 2: Griffith. You can't just say, all.
Speaker 3: Right, you know, look if you want to add in a couple of things whatever, and then you know, whenever the movie's out, you'll be able to see it. No, like you have to go from start to finish with the entire script and the entire you know, full length of the movie and describe it to the government. According to this, they have to see it first before it's ever released if it's government backed. And so what Jrow Wilson and the government completely approved of every scene in that movie.
Speaker 4: I will say it was a silent film.
Speaker 5: So as far as the script goes, it was like the words on screen, then it would cut to a clip of.
Speaker 3: Actually just ree but you know what I'm trying to say, everything that transpired in the movie, every scene and all that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, nineteen fifteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the president being like, this is the greatest movie I've ever seen in my life. And it's like, minister President, you've never seen a movie in your life. But okay, cool, dope, And this is a yeah. No, this was not in any way, shape or form to give pride of the nation of America.
Speaker 4: It was the birth of a clan nation. Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: So it is the origin of Hollywood propaganda and it just so happened to coincide with government backing.
Speaker 2: So if you're ever trying.
Speaker 3: To wonder, like, oh my god, who are these satanic, fucking weirdos that are running Hollywood? Maybe look no farther than our own government that is pushing it. And not in every case, of course, but in a lot of cases it seems that way.
Speaker 2: So, uh, now we're gonna move on.
Speaker 4: Have you ever you've seen clips of it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, you want to hear some clips of it?
Speaker 4: I was just thinking that the entire movies on YouTube.
Speaker 5: I'm not We're not gonna watch a whole movie of it, but yeah, the let's see where is where are some clips from this absolute debacle?
Speaker 2: Let's see obviously black and white?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, it's black and white. Okay, here we go those two and a half minutes of it. As a matter of fact, all right, let me uh let me share the screen, good sir.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, my fine gentlemen.
Speaker 5: For anybody again that would like to see this, come check us out on Patreon. That is where we play all of our witches and things in the riot, the riot in Masters Hall, Masters Hall, go ahead, put in that one.
Speaker 3: The Negro party in control in the State of House of Representatives, one hundred and one blacks against twenty three whites. The session of eighteen seventy one and historical festimile of the State facimile. Excuse me, wow fastile.
Speaker 5: I read it like I read it of the State House of Representatives of South Carolina as it was in eighteen seventy after photographed by the Columbia State.
Speaker 4: All right, here we go, music kind of loud on it.
Speaker 3: Historic incidents from the first legislative session under reconstruction.
Speaker 4: And you see, these are all white people wearing black face.
Speaker 5: By the way, there's no black actors in this movie, because that they would have to pay the black actors. You're gonna pay a black person? You out of your mind in nineteen fifty. No, No, these are all white people wearing black face. Oh my god, you'll see it more.
Speaker 4: You'll let it play through because we got to talk through it anyway to describe it to the listeners.
Speaker 2: No, I think these are black That is that is a black guy, dove that.
Speaker 4: Flipping a little whiskey eating a turkey leg.
Speaker 3: You can definitely tell that some of them are black face, though not all of them are black people.
Speaker 2: Like who the flick of the fucking guy.
Speaker 4: Bro, Look at him waving around a chicken leg.
Speaker 3: The speaker rules that all members must wear shoes.
Speaker 2: That particulous, Like, yeah, ridiculous. Wow. Yeah, they're really making him look like clowns in.
Speaker 4: Here, which that was the purpose it has moved and.
Speaker 3: Terry that all whites must salute Negro officers on the streets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well we got our fix of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, let me see if it goes any further here. Oh yeah, okay, So here's where the scene where it passes and all they're like yay, and then you look up.
Speaker 2: And see all the white people are like, oh this hell.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 4: Then it cuts to uh, what's his name?
Speaker 5: Oh u Wilford Buford, Forrest or whatever the fuck, the guy who created the clan, and he's scared the hell out some black kids with a sheet over him, and then he's got a really good idea and they just become the ghosts of the night, protect the white women and children from a negra.
Speaker 4: It was completely disgusting.
Speaker 3: First movie propagated by the American government, right, the first.
Speaker 4: Movie ever played in the White House.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the next one, it wouldn't come out until twelve years later. And you're probably aware of this movie. It's called Wings, and it was the first official DoD collaboration, so the other one was unofficial. This is the first official collaborative effort between Hollywood and the DoD. It was a silent film about World War One pilots and it was funded and produced with US Army Air Corps support via planes and bases and personnel. The purpose of the movie was to boost military aviation's image and encourage enlistment between wars. So that's all we got on that one so far. We're gonna get a little bit more in depth for some of these movies, but this is kind of just an overview to start.
Speaker 4: Wings is a cool one.
Speaker 5: Whenever you look at some of the pilots and what they were doing, it wasn't all done with the screen behind them. Some of this was like death defying stunts that was being done by stuntmen that like. Especially you look back at the old silent films of stunt that were happening. It's insane and you understand why stuntman died so frequently. Yeah, it's a it's one of those is why not a lot of people these days probably never seen the movie.
Speaker 4: I recommend it. It's pretty dope.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, here is the movie poster The UH from nineteen twenty seven with Clara Bow Yeah, Charles Buddy Rogers, Richard Arlin, and Gary Cooper. So yeah, you could see how this was absolutely pushing forth some kind of agenda, right.
Speaker 4: Oh, absolutely, dude. I mean World War One pilots, we're talking biplanes like that was.
Speaker 5: Those dudes are out of the fucking mind. I wish I could have been a part of that, because.
Speaker 4: That's super fucking cool to me. But also like they got a couple screws loose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a million airhard type of shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And like these dudes are flying and essentially what you could call he like souped up hot rod with wings on it like that. That's all it was is a big ass fan on the front of their plane.
Speaker 4: And there they have enough.
Speaker 5: They have two wings, and that's the only way they can get enough lift is with two of them. One of them isn't enough yet. They haven't gotten that fast yet. And they're just doing that with a machine gun, and they're just like, all right, we'll just we'll just fight it out in the sky and see which one's got better control of his plane. Man, it's fucking wild. If anybody has ever played the movie or not the game war Thunder. They do a pretty good job of showing how these planes actually maneuvered in combat scenarios.
Speaker 4: It is fucking wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and speaking of Amelia Airhart and almost reminds me not in a negative kind of way, but just a woman flying a plane, you dude, And this is this might have to be a show that we do one of these days. But you've heard of Helen Keller flying a fucking plane.
Speaker 4: The blind and death chick from the Civil War.
Speaker 2: She flew a fucking plane allegedly, are.
Speaker 4: We talking of? Like she had her hand on the stick for a few seconds and then she let go.
Speaker 3: Dumb, deaf and blind Helen Keller in nineteen forty six piloted a plane for twenty minutes while traveling from Rome to Paris with her interpreter, Polly Thompson relaying the pilot's instructions to her. Despite being deaf and blind, Keller demonstrated remarkable control and calmness while flying.
Speaker 4: Because she had no concept of what would happen if she knows though she didn't know what that was, like, Okay, yup, wow, I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: She might not have been deaf and blind.
Speaker 3: Now, dude, you know what I'm saying, because what was the what's the fucking the musician, Not Ray Charles, the other one that's that's blind.
Speaker 4: Oh, Ray Charles ain't blind. Oh I tell about Stevie Wonder. Stevie Wonder. Yeah the shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there's a lot of speculation that he's probably not blind. And it's kind of all for show. So it almost makes me wonder if Helen Keller was on some shit like that. I don't know, you know, actually, back whenever I was in elementary school, we had Helen Keller's sister or mom or something show up to our class and she was.
Speaker 4: Having to be like her great granddaughter or something or like.
Speaker 3: Niece is somebody related to her? I don't know, but anyway, Yeah, actually I think you're right. I think it was her niece or something like that. But but she came because I guess she wrote a book about Helen Keller or whatever. And she was talking about, you know, all the things about why you should love each other as you would like to an elementary school and she was telling us all about her, and I was like, dude, fucking that's that's kind of wild.
Speaker 2: I don't remember her.
Speaker 3: Saying that Helen Keller flew an airplane, but also I was like ten whenever, you know, or eight or something like that whenever she came.
Speaker 5: So really, we just imagine the pilot being like, all right, we're gonna get this bitch so high up in the air that there's no way that she could like fuck this up and just let her kind of we we just kind of do whatever for a little bit, never gonna land it, and there you go.
Speaker 4: Anybody could fly, even Helen Keller could fly. Yeah I could. I could see that for the propaganda.
Speaker 3: Next thing, you know, like her instructor is like, all right, Helen, just just grab the wheel rad here and just just coast a little bit. And she's like, I ain't even blind, motherfucker, we knowing barrel rolls, you know.
Speaker 2: It just starts going crazy up there.
Speaker 3: And the guy's like, oh my god, I'm I'm gonna die now, all because I was manipulated and think you were a blind old bitch. Turns out she wasn't. But it's still interesting that she was flying a plane though.
Speaker 4: I'd never heard of that one. That's fucking crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, all right, So here's a list of notable movies, not all of We're not going to talk about every single one of them, because there's literally been tens of thousands of movies that were funded by the government, but some of the are more notable ones we're going to be bringing up that were either funded, supported, or heavily influenced by the US government, especially the DoD. So the first list is going to be military and do OD supported films. These films receive funding, equipment, script approval, or logistical support from the Pentagon. Specific first one, nineteen eighty six, Top Gun comes out right absolutely. It was co produced with US Navy support, and recruitment soared after its release.
Speaker 4: And we're going to my buddies used to work with.
Speaker 5: We're actually on the plane or in the on the ship in one of the opening scenes like of the movie when danger Zone is playing and they're like, you know, when he's taken off, you could see him for a split second.
Speaker 4: He was one of the flight crew.
Speaker 2: Oh that's sick.
Speaker 5: And he was actually in the Navy at that time because they used a real naval ship for that scene.
Speaker 3: I was an extra in twenty one Jump Street. Anybody can see me on there for like five seconds. I'm hanging out with this little black shauty and that's my girlfriend for the movie. And I got her up against the locker and I'm just like, you know, risen her up, dude, And and you could see it literally for five seconds in the beginning of the movie Whenever Chanting Long here and you know, Jonah Hill had fucking his whole eminem phase.
Speaker 2: It was pretty fun.
Speaker 5: I needed you to show me that one of these days. I've heard you say this, I've actually never seen you in it. I've never looked. So we're gonna have to figure this out one day.
Speaker 3: Its back whenever I had a baby face. I couldn't even grow facial hair yet, dude, I couldn't even swoop. No, I think I had short hair, but yeah, this was dude. I couldn't even grow a beard until I was like twenty five.
Speaker 4: Dude. Yeah, same pretty much.
Speaker 3: But anyhow, so we're kind of just going to burn through this list and then we're gonna go a little bit more in depth here in a minute. So first off, Top Gun. The next one Top Gun Maverick, which came out in twenty twenty two. These are in no specific order as far as you know the release.
Speaker 2: Dates or anything.
Speaker 3: So once again with Maverick, they used navy jets and carriers and the script reviewed and it was reviewed and influenced by the DoD obviously. The next one, probably not going to surprise you, is Transformers. All the movies of Transformers yep. So Transformers first one came out in two thousand and seven, they're still making them, and the Pentagon in military hardware provided in exchange for script oversight. So interesting. Next one being iron Man, the first one in two thousand and eight, and the more I looked into it, the first one they absolutely approved. The second one, I guess they started wanting to do their own thing and not want so much military whatever messing around with as far as the script goes. And then they eventually ended up losing the military support and stuff like that, which I think that they probably overall, just Disney and Marvel altogether probably still collectively get that funding. But as for Iron Man, I from what I read, they eventually ended up going off script, and yeah, they ended.
Speaker 5: Up making sense Stark Industries being the military supplier that it was in the movie. In the first one like that was that was the push, you know what I mean? The second one you had kind of something to be said for that third one that wasn't even a conversation, so I could understand this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So in Iron Man, the first one, it says it received military assistance, though later Marvel had tensions with the DoD for sequels. As I was saying, next one, you got Captain Marvel, which one of the worst Marvel movies of all time.
Speaker 4: It makes sense because wasn't she a pilot?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Captain Marvel came out in twenty nineteen. It was produced in cooperation with the US Air Force as a recruitment tool for women.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, which, again, the actual Captain Marvel was a guy. Captain Marvel didn't become a girl until he died and his wife took over. But it was well after he had already made it what it was. If we're going to go off to the comic books, but don't let Disney find that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny too, is you know how we always like bring up about how, you know, they made Little Mermaid black or they made fucking snow white whatever, she was right, and it's like, why are they doing that. Why are they doing that? It seems almost like they're just they know that they're going to cause a lot of you know, tension in between races and stuff like that. You know what I just read And I may have said this already, but I can't remember. Fucking So, your boy Chadwick Boseman, who's the original black panther, right, he died and he actually knew whenever he was filming that movie that he only had a little bit longer to go. So poor guy. He was like, I'm I'm gonna die after this, and everybody thought that he was joking or like just being extra.
Speaker 5: And then you know, they talk so much about him losing weight and how he looked this way, and then later they realize like, oh god, because he was dying the whole time.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, don't you feel shitty?
Speaker 3: I know, dude, I love that guy too. He's such a good, good character. But now they're talking about bringing a white black panther, right, Okay, So I for the record, you know who they're talking about him playing that character is fucking Ryan Gosling.
Speaker 4: Shut up.
Speaker 2: I swear, I swear.
Speaker 5: All right for everybody out there, I will be so fucking pissed for making a white black Panther just as much as I'd be pi just about them making a Mexican snow white. That's fucking stupid and insulting, like stop it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, allegedly it is written in the script, like in all the comic books that eventually, once the Black Panther dies, there is a white guy who is in Wakanda and ends up fighting. I think he ends up like fighting and defeating the original Black Panther, And so then whenever he goes to take his mask off, he's a white guy with blonde hair and really white skin, and everybody's taken my surprise and everything. So look after that, I'm sure there's gonna be some controversy with that for sure.
Speaker 5: Oh now we're gonna stick to the comic book script, Disney, Now we're gonna do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what the fuck ever? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So uh yeah, you got Captain Marvel trying to recruit women to the Air Force. Then Blackhawk Down came out in two thousand and one, heavily supported by the DoD, aimed to sanitize a controversial military operation.
Speaker 2: Which one was that controversial operation.
Speaker 4: That would be the US's involvement in some.
Speaker 5: So backstory to that one, and we're not gonna spend too much time talking about it. Somalia had some shit going on, okay, they which they always do, they currently do as a matter of fact, and the local warlords started using hunger as a weapon against his people. We had you and peacekeepers that were going in. Well, first off, it was humanitarian aid groups that were going in, like delivering food to the masses. Then these food shipments were being intercepted by the warlord's goons and he was withholding it strictly to starve out the population into submission.
Speaker 4: So then you and peace forces went in. The blue hats.
Speaker 5: They went in and they were trying to establish some sort of peace in the region. Didn't go well, so then they sent in the United States Marines. Peace was established within a few weeks, like because Marines only do one thing, really, really well, and that's what happened. The Marines were pulled back, and then you had an army unit that was there to assist in the UN peacekeeping operations. They went out one day just as a patrol and they weren't supposed to be gone long. Hell, half the guys didn't even have all of their plates in their plate carriers, Like they didn't expect to take fire because like what idiot would shoot at US soldiers like real talk. Then a black Hawk went down because it got hit with the lucky hit from an RPG, And it was an entire it was one snafoo after another in a rescue operation. And yeah, it was a fucking it's an insane movie, all of it based on a true story. The guys who were there actually will go and talk about this later on in interviews and things. Two of them I saw went back to is it alac Bar Bizarre basically the big shopping bazar where like the real firefight took place. They went back there and realized where they were. You can still see the bullet strafs in the buildings from where they were there.
Speaker 4: All the way through.
Speaker 5: They ended up having to run what was called the Mogadishu Mile because there were no more vics that were able to come get them, and these dudes with all their gears shot up and everything else, had to run on foot back to safety from the fucking mob.
Speaker 4: It's an insane story.
Speaker 3: Wow, All right, Well that's the DoD aiming to sanitize a controversial military operation. Black Hawk Down came out in two thousand and one. I can't help it, but every time I hear black hawk Down, I think of fucking Jennifer Aniston and we're the Miller's where she's like, black cock Down.
Speaker 2: Black cock Down.
Speaker 4: I didn't know where you were going with that, but god, I forgot about that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were playing like charades or some shit.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. All right.
Speaker 3: The next one we got is The Lone Survivor, came out in twenty thirteen, supported by the Navy, Seals and DoD and it was intended to valorize a failed Afghanistan mission.
Speaker 5: That one's also riddle with controversy. I'm not trying to talk shit on Marclus Latrell. A lot of people in the special forces community have said that.
Speaker 4: That movie is a lie, a lie.
Speaker 5: It's yep, that's one of the most things that has ever come out.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, you got the Navy Seals and the DD looking to you know, put their two cents in that movie, and I would imagine it was probably closer to ninety eight cents as opposed to two cents.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, when you only get one guy that comes home and his story is the only one that you can go off of, and his story has changed like thirty times. You know, some people might start to say that the story stinks to high heavens. I w wasn't there. I don't know, Marcus. With the information I've looked up, I was like, ooh, this is.
Speaker 4: Dirty, dirty, and I'm gonna put that info right back where I found it. We're just gonna walk away from this one.
Speaker 2: So very much like John McCain.
Speaker 4: Then, no, no, McCain fucked over his boys like.
Speaker 2: One of the only ones that came back though, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But then when he got back and he knew there were still hundreds of guys that were over there, he went ahead and like wiped their their records and their call numbers and all these call signs. Latrell didn't do that because his team, like all of them did get got like he was the only one that made it out and.
Speaker 4: All these things. But it's like some would say, this is not Jacob's words. Don't don't come at Jacob for this one. Uh.
Speaker 5: Some would say that he Fisherman storied it pretty much start to finish to make him look in the best light possible, you know, I don't know. Yeah, he wanted to get that purple heart. Oh, I mean he was getting that anyway. He was shot, like he was. If you make it out alive, you're getting a.
Speaker 4: Purple heart from from getting injured in some way from the enemy.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't that.
Speaker 4: It's like even the voting that okay, you know, I'll spend ten seconds on this. Have you ever seen the movie? Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean it has been a win minute and I don't really remember it, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Very early in the movie, you got the kid and the dad or whatever they like, the goat herders, and they're like debating what should they do with them?
Speaker 5: And if they let them go, they'll just go tell the bad guys where we are. We'll take a vote on it all in favor. No, the fuck you wouldn't know. The fuck you wouldn't The commander, the highest in charge would say this is what we're doing, and that would be that end of conversation period, fucking period. There would be no voting on a consensus for everybody. We're all equal here, we're gonna get the fir No, the fuck you would not. It's incorrect and then obviously, what do you think is gonna happen when you release.
Speaker 4: This kid that you just caught.
Speaker 5: You think he's just gonna be like, dude, to do Americans are here, I'm just gonna mind my business. No, No, I'm not saying they should have killed the kid. I'm not saying they shouldn't have killed the kid. I wasn't there, but I'm just saying, right off the rip, it already is smelling like some bullshit.
Speaker 4: And there's been numerous podcasts.
Speaker 5: That have come out actually calling out stolen valor uh like Tim Kennedy for instance, He has been getting called out a lot lately for these quote unquote stories that he has gone on and you know, made himself famous for talking about where people that were stationed with him and were on these operations are saying.
Speaker 4: No, you didn't do that, That's not what happened. What the fuck are you talking about? People?
Speaker 5: Those same groups are have been calling out Marcus Latrell for these things.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I was just looking at pictures and yeah it's I remember now because Mark Wahlberg was in it. Yeah, Marky Mark was the boy and your boy fucking what's his name? Taylor, kitch. You know who that is?
Speaker 2: Uh, yeah, he was. He was also in it.
Speaker 3: But he was in my one of my favorite movies of all time, which is called, uh John Carter. I think it's a Disney movie where he goes like teleports to Mars and shit, fucking awesome movie. But then you find out so he was also Oh god, what's.
Speaker 4: The he was Alexander super Tramp.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't seen that one, but what's the the card guy in in Marvel I can't think of what his name.
Speaker 4: Oh you're talking about Gambit Gambit, Yeah, yeah, yeah, oh Channing Tatum with a bullshit Cajun accent. Well, he was the original Gambit in like Wolverine, in one of the Wolverine movies, and he was awesome. But yeah, then you find out that fucking he got wrapped up in all that pedal shit too, and it's like, fuck Danny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I heard.
Speaker 3: I mean I can't I can't verify it, but that's what I heard that he was like deeply involved in that.
Speaker 2: That's why he wasn't in movies or anything for the longest time.
Speaker 4: I thought he just walked away.
Speaker 5: I mean, I know he was in Lords of Dogtown, Like, yeah, I like him as an actor.
Speaker 4: I didn't know he was about them diddling of the children.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, unfortunate. Don't meet your heroes unless you were some good cult members who came to bro Grove and you got to meet. Well, I'm not gonna say we're your heroes by any means. We're just regular fucking people. I'm not gonna suck my own dick that hard. But yeah, it was cool hanging out with some of the good cult members. But anyway, So the next movie we're gonna talk about after Loan Survivor is Active Valor.
Speaker 5: See that one, hm, And now when they actually used real Navy seals to act out these roles, So I mean, yeah, you could the level of DoD unison that was had with the director. I mean you can't separate on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Active Valor came out in twenty twelve, featured active duty Navy seals, and it was funded and co produced by the US Navy. And we're gonna get deeper, as I said, on a lot of these, but we're just kind of going over the the some of the movies. We got fifteen movies. We're gonna be talking about. So yeah, you got actave Valor. Next one came out in two thousand and eight, is The hurt Locker. It received military support, though later criticized for dramatizing certain events.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent. I liked the movie the first time I seen it. It's just, you know, I couldn't watch for more than five minutes without calling bullshit on it. Like the the.
Speaker 5: EOD guys, the Explosive Ordnance Disposal dudes are psychos.
Speaker 4: Not gonna deny that.
Speaker 5: And I mean that with all love and respect to all my EOD brothers out there. Y'all are fucking crazy, but you're the craziest that we need. Okay that being said, never ever, fucking ever will there be a d D team that is used in a counter sniper operation.
Speaker 4: That's that is preposterous out loud. But yeah, that was like a fucking third of the movie was them trying to find some sniper. It's like, you are a bomb diffuser? What are you doing? Stop it?
Speaker 3: It's pretty fucked up movie, wasn't it. I'm trying to remember who are the actors in that?
Speaker 4: Uh your boy that played Hawkeye?
Speaker 3: Oh, uh, Jeremy sa guy, Yeah, yeah, at job.
Speaker 2: Did you hear about him like recently over the past year.
Speaker 4: Oh God, what did he do?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 3: He got he was like up in the mountain somewhere and he was out like riding his snowmobile or some shit, and fucking it got away from and and it fucking ran over his entire body. Bro like crushed his head, like fucked his spine up. And I don't I think his spine was okay, but he like, dude, he couldn't walk for over a year and he was in rehab and all that shit. He's back to like full fledged, but his entire fucking body was broken.
Speaker 4: Fuck, I didn't hear about that.
Speaker 2: Jeremy Renner, that's his name.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love that guy, mainly because he's from Pittsburgh, So shout out to my Homi.
Speaker 4: Now, I will say he did a great job with the role.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's not like he had some sort of creative control over the script or the character any of these things. But in the movie was it did a good job of showing how fucked up the global War on Terror was. Like they were looking for bomb makers at one point in time, and this kid that he was buying things from come to find out was like his dad was helping fund the bomb maker in a way, and he had to go and do all these things and try to save this kid. And it was then he had to fucking fight with this guy who had a suicide vest on with like thirty locks on on it, and the timer was going down and like he was trying to break him off, but he couldn't, so he had to run away. So, I mean, the guy wouldn't hurt anybody else except himself, and he didn't want to be a suicide bomber. He was rigged up with a metal vest on and this whole Yeah, I mean it it showed how dirty this war really was from the perspective of somebody boots on the ground.
Speaker 4: And that was cool.
Speaker 5: But there was so many things they got wrong with the movie that it was silly.
Speaker 3: Look at the movie poster, it says a near perfect movie.
Speaker 4: Wow, okay, that's that is one of the most opinions that someone has ever had.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't know your boy Anthony mackew was in it. Old Captain America, Yeah he was.
Speaker 5: He fought with Jeremy a lot in the movie, trying to tell him, well, you can't do it that way that they were trying to defuse a bomb in the back of a car and the dude had his whole EOD suit on and he walks up and he sees it and he's like, fuck this.
Speaker 4: He goes and walks away and takes all his I was like, that's not protocol. You can't take it off. He's like, there's enough explosives in that car to where if it goes off, we're all meeting Jesus. Okay, if we're gonna die today, I'm not dying. Uncomfortable. Fuck you. And he went and defused the bomb and stuff.
Speaker 5: But yeah, he was His role was more of the street laced soldier follow orders and it's like, okay, please shut the fuck up.
Speaker 4: This is e O D. They're gonna do what they need to do and you're gonna fuck off with it.
Speaker 2: I love him as an actor though.
Speaker 3: Anthony Mackie if you remember he was in eight Mile you know that, and Eminem was like and Clarence's parents have a real good marriage, and he was Clarence. Remember he was also in an episode of Black Mirror where him and his like best friend were uh it was like a virtual reality video game, right, and they were playing like this like a Teken or you know, a street fighter kind of game. But it was them in the fucking video game, or at least that's what their mind would have them believe, with the you know, video game rig that they had on their temple. And so they're in the door.
Speaker 4: They started fucking because they went to a different game.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I seen clips of that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Wow, I liked him in the movie We Are Marshall though. I did a really good job with that movie too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good movie.
Speaker 3: Nextly, after the hurt Locker, we have in twenty twelve zero Dark thirty, which was a CIA collaboration and it gave filmmakers access to classified information which was deemed controversial.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's the story of how Killery and Benghazi and that whole situation went down. The movie specifically got certain things wrong, but they also had when they say like classified information, they had some that they used for the movie.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they kind.
Speaker 5: Of left some really key details out because twenty twelve, right, this is before Killery was running for presidential office, and they couldn't say which politician just got out the phone and said to stand down, and they couldn't say where they had gotten the command from and all these things.
Speaker 4: But like everybody watching the movie knows who they're referring to.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: That was fucking mess.
Speaker 3: Had your boy Joel Egerton in it, which was in Warrior with Tom Hardy loved that movie, yep. And Chris Pratt was in it too.
Speaker 5: He was he wasn't he was playing one of the seals. So was uh your boy from the Office, old Jim. Oh uh yeah, yeah, yeah, I forget that was the movie.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 5: He's been in a couple of military movies. Actually, I want to say, shit, was it dear?
Speaker 4: No, No, it wasn't because there was two guys from the Office that both played seals.
Speaker 5: It was him and the other guy that Pam was trying to hook up with at one point in time, and they both were playing seals in a movie.
Speaker 4: But that wasn't it.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I've seen The Office so many fucking times I can't watch another episode of it, Like I just can't do it. It's it's too much. I've seen every episode. I could damn near like say every word in every single episode, Like that's just something that fucking it sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't get past it. It's so uh so fucking there's just something that I can't stand about The Office. I loved it for the longest time, but it just wore out.
Speaker 5: You understand that you could watch like an hour compilation of every funny moment from the Office from ten seasons or whatever. It could be compressed down to one hour and without having any other context, you could laugh at that hour and feel.
Speaker 4: Fine with it. You didn't need to watch all the seasons to get the jokes.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've never understood the hype about the Office.
Speaker 4: It's you know, it's just not my jam whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'd be like at that.
Speaker 3: So from zero Dark Party, we go to twenty thirteen with Captain Phillips.
Speaker 2: Wh o interesting that motherfucker.
Speaker 4: That's another story.
Speaker 5: The Seals came in and they saved his life, and yeah, they had DoD collaboration with that scene. Never mind the cap'n Phillips was a piece of shit who knew that he was bringing his ship into dangerous waters that were pirate filled, but he made the decision to go that way rather than the safer route and put his whole crew and the cargo in Jeopardy for his own legacy, and then again, you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. Then they had to send seals to save his fucking ass, and then he gets brought back home and blasted like he's some sort of hero. He's so brave. No, he almost died because he was that stupid. But sure, let's let's make him out to be something.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Isaac Cappy because you know, the guy who killed him just so happened to be one of the main characters in this movie, or the main character in the movie, Tom Hanks.
Speaker 2: So Tom Hanks, and and.
Speaker 3: He's another one that you'll see comes up in a lot of military type of movies that were pushing propaganda. That's why I personally nobody should trust Tom Hanks. Like if you we we did an episode way back, I think with Bo Diggles on on Tom Hanks and Isaac Cappy and all that stuff. Shout out Bo Diggles if you're still out there, Bud, it's been a minute.
Speaker 4: I was on Spotify earlier.
Speaker 5: His show popped up underneath ours for something and I was like.
Speaker 2: Is he back anti slaves back? Anti slave question?
Speaker 4: Everything it was a it was a post from like twenty twenty three.
Speaker 5: I don't know how and why that popped up on my feet or on my my Spotify like recommendations today, but I was like, damn, I miss old Bo Diggles.
Speaker 2: Love you Bo if you're out there, Bud.
Speaker 3: So Yeah, Tom Hanks not a fan and nobody should be old geppetto himself as we like to say. So Yeah, Captain Phillips. And now we go to two thousand and one with Pearl Harbor. It received massive do OD support, focus more on romance, but showcased us bravery.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm trying to remember it was it was it summer of twenty of two thousand and one where that came out or was it the fall after nine to eleven? I mean they were shooting it earlier then, but I'm just curious on that one.
Speaker 4: Let's see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm checking it out here. So Pearl Harbor really least dates dun Dundum. It just says two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: Oh, here we Go came out May twenty first of two thousand and one, so before nine eleven.
Speaker 5: Uh okay, a few months beforehand. So everybody was already.
Speaker 4: Feeling uber patriotic and all of that, and I wish they would have kept the love story out of it. That wasn't necessary, but okay, whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, next one we have is another movie from two thousand and one that I'd be interesting to see when this one came out.
Speaker 2: Behind Enemy Lines.
Speaker 5: Dude, one of my favorites. Also based on the true story. Owen Wilson actually plays a real, like serious role in all of this, and it showcased, at least in some way, shape or form, what was going down in Bosnia, right with the Albanian genocide that was going on there, and the story of the pilot that flew over and got the pictures that were being taken of the mass graves and everything like that that got shot down then made it back and all of that.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 3: Wild fucking movie, dude. Owen Wilson's one of my favorite actors of all time. I fucking love that guy.
Speaker 4: I would hope he's not on a list, that's one.
Speaker 3: I would be absolutely heartbroken if he was on the Epstein list.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 4: You know, I hope he's not. You know him and Vince Vaughn, Can we just have him? Can we? Can?
Speaker 5: They just be the people that they are and they're not associated with the shit I hear.
Speaker 2: Vince Vaughan is exactly like you'd expect them to be. He uh.
Speaker 5: He did an appearance on Tires and according to like Shane Gillison all these other guys that were on set with him that day, he's like exactly who you're hoping he is, Like that, that is him, the guy he's playing that character, that's him in real life. He's hilarious and he's just NonStop and it's like good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He was also in what was that wrestling movie Fighting with My Family?
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen that? No?
Speaker 4: I have not.
Speaker 2: The Rock was in it a little bit, but but yeah.
Speaker 3: Vince Vaughan, he was like one of the coach, like one of the wrestling coaches to try and see if you can make it to the big leagues and the WWE and stuff like that. But yeah, Vince Vaughan, dude, that'd be a shame. But yeah, it's actually interesting behind enemy Lines. The release date was originally gonna be January eighteenth, two thousand and two, but it was moved to November thirtieth of two thousand and one to probably try and be a little bit patriotic during those times, right, I mean you're talking about two months after nine to eleven.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they pushed it a little closer to try to get more recruitment up because we had to go to war.
Speaker 4: We were just attacked and all.
Speaker 5: That, and uh, we needed people in them recruiting offices. So I could see them pushing that up a little bit for sure. And again, that's one of my favorite movies honestly as far as like war movies quote unquote goes, it's fucking brilliantly done.
Speaker 3: Oh now we're going to get to one of my favorite movies of all time, at least as far as military style movies, is The Guardian.
Speaker 2: I fucking loved that movie, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm a big Ashton Kutcher fan until I found out that he was also a piece of shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah. That was one of the coastguards only fucking recruitment movies that they've ever had come out. Really good. It got me.
Speaker 2: It got me thinking about going to the Coast Guard at the time.
Speaker 4: Really Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude, I know that between the military branches, we all shit on the Coast Guard. Okay, fine, I will not talk shit on their rescue swimmers or their swim qualls that they do and shit like that, Like, yes, I will joke that they are a part of Homeland Security and not Department of Defense, and I will joke about all of these things. But like big Dog, they're talking about these dudes they're jumping off in Alaska to save these crab fishermen and like, yeah, if you don't get out of the water in six minutes, you're dead. And they are willingly jumping into this, Like big Dog, I'm sorry, do you need a wheelbarrow to carry those fucking stones that you got attached to you, dick?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I got you. Yeah, it's some sketchy ass territory they got to jump in. I mean, because the fucking waves are crazy. You're jumping into freezing cold water.
Speaker 4: Fuck all that.
Speaker 3: But you know what's interesting though, So my first time ever going to work offshore, I was working for this com he called Enterprise Enterprise Marine, and and so I worked there and I used to love it. I just hated being away because my daughter was just born, and so you're out there two weeks at a time than you're home for a week, right, And I love the actual work though, Like I love being out in the water and everything, but they put us through a lot of these like training exercises and dude, it was.
Speaker 4: Like to get in the helicopter and flip underwater.
Speaker 3: No, there was no helicopter, but it was like almost like steady the Art kind of training shit though, Like we had to go to like this this Olympic pool and we had to learn all these different like survival techniques and training operations and shit like that. Then we had to learn how to get into that little boat. It's almost like a little submarine kind of looking thing.
Speaker 4: I know it. It's an orange one that they got Captain Phillipson.
Speaker 5: I forget what they're actually called, but them bitches there you want to talk about make.
Speaker 3: You see sick, dude, those things are fucking sweet though. I mean, the only time I ever got into it was literally in like an Olympic pool, so it wasn't in like a real situation. But yeah, the training. I used to love that training. Shit, dude, that was so much fun.
Speaker 4: You would have liked the military then, because there was a lot of crazy training for things like that.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's why probably why I thought the costar would have been the place for me, but never ended up doing it. The last movie that we're going to talk about into well, one of the last movies that we're going to talk about as far as the military style movies, is clear In Present Danger that came out in nineteen ninety four. It says the US military provided aircraft and hardware, amongst you know, diddling the script a little bit as well.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I remember the movie.
Speaker 3: Well, all right, so now we're going to go into CIA influenced or influencer supported films via the CIA. Number one is going to be a movie came out in twenty twelve called Argo.
Speaker 4: Okay, I never saw it, but I remember hearing about it.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, I never saw it either. I think that was a affleck in that movie.
Speaker 4: Maybe an affleck.
Speaker 3: But it says the CIA consulted on the film and helped promote a favorable portrayal of the agency's rule in the Iran hostage crisis.
Speaker 4: Ah, yes, okay, I never saw it.
Speaker 5: I remember seeing commercials and thought that I really did want to see it.
Speaker 4: Never got around to it, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Next movie we got came out in two thousand and seven called Charlie Wilson's War.
Speaker 2: Have you seen that one?
Speaker 4: I believe I have?
Speaker 3: It says it indirectly supported. It was indirectly supported through the CIA historians and PR channels. We're gonna do a little bit more into that one here in a minute. The next one came out in two thousand and three, called The Recruit. Yeah, obviously it's gonna be a recruiting fucking style.
Speaker 5: Movie, right, Well, it's basically about an agent in his like early days of the agency.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Created with CIA involvement and used as a recruiting tool. Obviously, as the name says, the next one might surprise you a little bit, Meet the.
Speaker 4: Parents because of Robert de Niro's.
Speaker 3: Role yep, yep, So the script was revised with CIA feedback for character accuracy.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, that's.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's such a good movie because.
Speaker 5: Of Robert de Niro, who is a piece of shit in real life, by the fuck him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's sad, but he's.
Speaker 5: Because he played a former CIA spook. They actually got CIA liaisons to like make sure he had character accuracy.
Speaker 4: That's pretty fucking hilarious.
Speaker 2: It's actually pretty cool.
Speaker 4: But does that mean that Ben Stiller has been gotten. Is he compromised?
Speaker 3: I hope not, because that's another one that I'll be really sad if if he got got as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I could believe it, but I wouldn't be happy about it.
Speaker 3: He's in the new Happy Gilmore. He's doing the same character from Happy Gilmore.
Speaker 4: The same kid. What we're running the nursing home?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what the fuck?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, you're in my world now, Grandma.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Your fingers hurt, well, your back's gonna gonna hurt.
Speaker 2: You just pulled Lonskin escape duty.
Speaker 4: He will go to sleep or I will put you to sleep.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. He plays that fucking asshole so well. Remember he was in that fat Camp movie too.
Speaker 5: Heavyweights dude. That's his two roles. He's got two roles. He's got the super sporadic, overly jewish dude. Or he's got the guy from Dodgeball and Heavyweights, the white goodman kind of character.
Speaker 4: That's just two. That's his two characters.
Speaker 3: He's so good at it though, like the way he just fucking loses it.
Speaker 2: It gets me every time.
Speaker 4: Oh and Zulander, I can't forget.
Speaker 5: He does have the Zuelander character that he does and his dad was his agent in it.
Speaker 2: That's pretty fucking hilarious. You know, I've never seen that movie.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not into that kind of that kind.
Speaker 3: Of shit, like those like those movies that you kind of have to be dialed in to think that they're funny, Like I didn't find Napoleon Dynamite funny at all. Like I thought it was one of the dumbest movies ever made.
Speaker 4: It was that was the point of it.
Speaker 2: I fell asleep in that fucking movie.
Speaker 5: Wait wait, wait, tme out talme about as far as like dumb movies that like Awestoin Powers.
Speaker 3: No, I mean I liked Austin Powers, but I was a kid whenever it came out fair. But yeah, Napoleon donomond I was like, this is one of the fucking dumbest things I've ever seen in my life. And I honestly I thought that that movie you just brought up, what was it, Zulander, I thought that that was gonna be like that same It's almost like that Blades of Fury bullshit, Like I wasn't gonna watch.
Speaker 4: I never saw Blades of Glory.
Speaker 3: Dude, I'm over Will Ferrell, Like, I'm like the way that you're over Adam Sandler, I'm over Will Ferrell.
Speaker 5: Oh man, Okay, I get it. I get it now that you put it into that kind of context. But at least Will Ferrell can play a couple of different roles. Adam Sandler's got like three that he ever does ever Salem ben Stiller, He's only got two.
Speaker 2: Eh, whatever, if you're good at it.
Speaker 5: But he hasn't come out with like twenty movies in the past five years to where I'm over his shit, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, at least he spaces them out a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I mean Netflix like signed him for like a five year deal or something like that to make all those movies.
Speaker 4: So I mean, yes they did.
Speaker 5: I mean, hey, I'm not knocking him. He made his money and good for him for that. But like, ye, at least as a person I've heard Adam Sandler's like amazing.
Speaker 2: You know, what was the that.
Speaker 3: Shit that Benghazi movie we were talking about earlier? Was that Active Valor?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, that was a shit.
Speaker 5: We were just talking about it. Blackhawk, zero Garlander, not zero Doarc thirty. It was a hurt locker.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: Oh, damn, we were just talking about that. So yeah, anyway, there's another Benghazi movie called thirteen Hours that came out in twenty sixteen. Thirteen Hours it's called The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi that had CIA cooperation, although parts remained contested.
Speaker 4: It says, yeah, that's the movie we were talking about, thirteen Hours, and uh.
Speaker 2: No, there was another one that we because I didn't mention that one earlier. There was another.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because it was I can't remember which one it was, but anyway, yeah, thirteen Hours, that's another one that was a CIA influenced kind of film there. Nextly, we have a couple of TV shows which are going to be very obvious TV shows with US government involvement. That would be NCIS, JAG, Hawaii five O twenty four, Homeland, and Jack Ryan all received military or intelligence community support, as they say, along with the Agency, which was produced in direct collaboration with the CIA. And then a movie or a show called Alias. It says it received consultation from intelligence professionals. So anytime you're getting any kind of consultation or collaboration with military, you know that it's going to be funded and you know that the script is going to be tweaked at the bare minimum. The Department of Defense Entertainment Media Office is what it's called. How about that about the DoD Entertainment Office. It reviews scripts and only supports productions that portray the US military in a positive light. If filmmakers agree to script change, they gain access to gear, locations, personnel, and sometimes funding or grants. So the CIA has its own Office of Public Affairs, which liais is with Hollywood for PR and recruitment purposes. So that's kind of what we're talking about here.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Okay, So as far as like a FOYA document, so freedom of information documents, over eighteen hundred films and TV shows have been influenced by the Pentagon or CIA directly.
Speaker 2: Eighteen hundred, dude.
Speaker 4: I could believe that. Well, when you say that, now we're talking about in CIS and JAG. How many episodes do these shows have? You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: In points?
Speaker 5: So there's gonna be some sort of like a flux there or are they calling all of in CIS one of the eighteen hundred or all of the JAG you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I don't know.
Speaker 3: It doesn't specify, but I kind of thought that it was talking about the show as a whole.
Speaker 2: But eighteen hundred that's a lot, so I don't know.
Speaker 4: It might might be talking about if we're talking about movies from way back in the silent film era, Birth of a Nation to now, like it's very possible, they do mean eighteen hundred, like proper movies and television shows in totality, Like it's very possible.
Speaker 3: There was also a book that was written by Tom Secker and Matthew Alford that dives deep into, you know, all the government funded kind of cinema called National Security Cinema for anybody that wants a deeper perspective in on a lot of this.
Speaker 2: So yeah, go check that one out.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and it actually there are official DoD slash Hollywood cooperation logs, and some of it was actually leaked via emails through Sony hacks and a bunch of other like big corporate hacks that revealed backroom deals with government agencies. So even the ones that weren't on the books, it was still like these these leaked emails showed even more. You say it was national security what national security cinema?
Speaker 4: Cinema Okay, I'm looking this up now, I've never heard of that, but okay, share the screen.
Speaker 2: You see a picture of that bad boy.
Speaker 5: Uh well, actually, I have an interview with Matthew Alford on National Security Cinema. It's two minutes and forty three seconds long. If you want to watch this, let's do it, all right, go ahead and let me share that screen again. All the good cult members will want to see what we were talking about rather than just hear about it.
Speaker 4: Come check us out on Patreon.
Speaker 8: First, let's go for this turn of the twenty first century. You know, if you look at say IMDb, it looked like they've been involved in sort of three things like The Recruit, which was an al Pacino movie that kind of sank into the water a bit, and a.
Speaker 4: Couple of other things. But actually we found out just two.
Speaker 8: Or three years ago, just because the CIA just started to slightly open up a little chink, and then we realized that they were involved in whole series like twenty four and Alias, and they were involved in many more films, and we realized they were involved in Charlie Wilson's War, and a lot of these things were people kind of suspected maybe that there was, but there was nothing ever written down on paper. And even now with the CIA, because it's much more closed, we don't.
Speaker 2: See the scripts.
Speaker 8: And the annotations and the memos and the letters going back and forth. We would like you to change this, this, and this. It seems to be done a lot more on the slide.
Speaker 9: What you're saying is that there's active script amendment from on high to ultimately push a certain narrative which ultimately fits in with American foreign policy.
Speaker 4: Still, yeah, yeah, all the time.
Speaker 8: And more so now because in fact, that process has accelerated considerably in the last sort of ten or fifteen years. Why because the explosion of TV channels, the military in particular has said, let's get involved in TV much more so. They get involved in all sorts of things, including cookery shows and all sorts. Every time that there's a military person who's baking a cake or flying off into space or whatever it is, the military is going to be the people behind that, and they are going to want to have right to amend the script. The point is it doesn't necessarily matter too much if it occasionally happens this sort of thing, but it's the fact that it's systematic.
Speaker 4: If you look at this what we could call a.
Speaker 8: Subgenre of action films, or a kind of genre to the side, if you like, we could call it national security cinema, And you're talking about several hundred products which are very prominent about the way that we view the entire geopolitical world and the way that we view our leaders. National security cinema comprises all of these movies, and also you could extend it to TV if you wanted, and to video games of course, and they're usually worked on and edited by these quite secretive military organizations. And they're also promoting this line, which is that United States Western foreign policy is good, that there are official.
Speaker 4: Enemies that we should destroy.
Speaker 8: A lot of the time. They've been ara Muslim enemies, not all the time, and there has been a small improvement on that over the last sort of fifteen years or so, because they don't want to start a civilizational war and they don't want blood on the streets, particularly between Christians and Muslims.
Speaker 3: Okay, wow, And it made me think too, like if you remember, especially when we were growing up, you know, it wasn't so much you know, Muslim countries that we were at war against.
Speaker 2: It was always the fucking Russians.
Speaker 4: You know, so to that point, Actually, I just looked up what Charlie Wilson's war was. We don't have to look at that, honestly.
Speaker 5: So all right, do you ever watched the old Claymation Christmas time movies that our parents grew up watching, Root Off the.
Speaker 2: Red Nose Reindeer. Yeah, Frosty the Snowman, all that shit.
Speaker 4: So with that, do you remember the Jack Frost movie and there was the bad guy with his robot army. He was Russian. Yeah, he was a Russian guy. Why would he in our way?
Speaker 5: Maybe currently we could see or were the evil Russian, But back when that came out, dude, that was cold warshit. There was a reason why that was done that way. Same thing with the Santa Claus coming to town. The burger Meister meister Berger was a German mayor that was so mean to these kids and all this, and they were even wearing stripe pajamas for fuck's sake. But like, it didn't resonate with our generation of being a child, but to our parents' generation that was intended for Cold War style Russian Germany. They were clearly the bad guys of all things.
Speaker 3: Ever, well, and you see now they're starting to pull away from that whole Russia bad guy kind of situation, and maybe maybe not entirely, but makes me think. I just went to go see a couple weeks ago the new Leland, Stitch and uh Old Boy wasn't Russian anymore. It was fucking Zach Galafanakis.
Speaker 4: I know, I fucking hated that.
Speaker 3: But if you think about it, if you think about it, if they're not trying to push that Russia is necessarily the worst enemy right now, then yeah, you would take that out right Like so it almost makes you think that, like maybe there was some kind of military propagation within even Leelo and Stitch.
Speaker 5: Right there really is to your point, right, So, like you said, there was in the past few decades, a lot of the bad guys in the movies have been Muslim or at least from an Islamic state in some way, shape or form, and they have kind of pulled away from that. But it's not just in America. Other countries have done very similar things, and they didn't want to start a civilization war where it was straight and not just necessarily Christians versus Muslims, but most of the West versus everything of the Arab nations, Like they didn't want it to go to that level. But at the same time, any war movie that was based from anything associated with the global War on Terror, this is why it was that way. But then at the same time, we look at Rambo. There's a really good case study for this. Okay, there's been what five Rambo movies that have come out, something like that. First one it was just Rambo versus the police and the National Guard, right, just a Vietnam soldier kind.
Speaker 4: Of dealing with some PTSD on some shit. Okay.
Speaker 5: The next one, Rambo two, he's going back to Vietnam to save the POW's and there's a bunch of movies where they're like going in to save our boys and all of these things.
Speaker 4: All right, cool.
Speaker 5: Third Rambo he's in Afghanistan and he's fighting with the muja Hadeen against the Soviets. This is for the optics of it. Now cut to the very last Rambo that just came out. They could have put them anywhere. They could have put him in the Middle East, they could have put them in France, for fuck's sake. They put them back in Southeast Asia on purpose, because if they're going to make someone look like the bad guy, they want to make sure it's not feeding into any current fire that's going on. He went to memr He went to where the what used to be Burma, where they currently are growing most of the world's opium.
Speaker 4: I might throw out they send them there for that. You see what I'm saying that all is a part of a plan.
Speaker 3: Well, and this is a part of just the mass hypnosis of the population. And we've brought up about how they were trying to see how how fast somebody would slip into a trance like state whenever they're watching TV. They hooked up a bunch of nodes to a bunch of these people, right, and nobody could last longer than sixty seconds before slipping into a beta trance, which is just a light trance. But the longer you're sitting in front of it, the you know, you ever notice like a lot of people start to get really tired when they're watching a movie, especially if it's like maybe it's maybe I don't know, maybe it's kind of boring or whatever, but a lot of people start to get really tired. Well, what comes right before you're about to fall asleep is known as the Theta state of mind, which is literally it only happens naturally twice a day right before you fall asleep, and as soon as you wake up, you're in a little bit of a haze. One foot in the dream world, one foot in the real world. Well, if you're in front of a TV, and think about how many people fall asleep with the TV on. Right, If you're in front of a TV and you're going into this trance like state. Well, now, once you're in that theta or even beta, but especially the theta mindset. But that's actually what most little kids up until they're seven years old are naturally in. They haven't learned to get into the higher you know, states of consciousness such as beta and and well such as al alpha and beta beta. Sorry, so beta is natural. Alpha is the light trance. I got that mixed up, but you know, and that's this is part of the hypnosis. And so whenever you're watching a movie, you're going into that trance. You're a lot more suggestive, and that's the big deal. That's where they're trying to get you. They're trying to get you to be as suggestive as humanly possible, as if you actually are under hypnosis. And of course the military would want to diddle your brain a little bit whenever you're in some kind of slight trance, right, absolutely, So, now we're going to dive a little bit deeper into the some of the movies that we had named, first one being Top Gun in nineteen eighty six. The branches that were involved were the US Navy and the Department of Defense. So Top Gun, it says, was a turning point for military propaganda in film. The Navy offered full cooperation jets, aircraft, carriers and all on the condition that the script glorified naval aviation and remove any unfavorable content. The recruitment booths were set up in theaters after the film. Holy shit, did you know that? Say that again, brother, The recruitment booths were set up in theaters for people that got done watching the film.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that, but I could believe that, oh man. And of course in Listman Sword, the film sold war as an adrenaline filled lifestyle, complete with homo erotic undertones disguised as camaraderie and thrilling dog fights, backed by Kenny Loggins, this was no accident.
Speaker 5: God, erotic shit, that was the Nobody can watch that volleyball scene without being like, bro, why, like you didn't need to do it like this, but they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was almost reminiscent of Brohemian Grove. If you were there, you know, you know what we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Jesus fuck. That was yeah, am moving on.
Speaker 3: It says this was no accident. The Pentagon rewrote parts of the script and the love interest had to be changed from a Navy officer to a civilian. Viewers subconsciously absorbed a message the military is badass and joining makes you a hero. The phrase I feel the need the need for speed became more than just a catchphrase. It became a subtle call to service.
Speaker 2: Yeah wow, dude, oh man.
Speaker 3: We're really fucking breaking it open in this one. So yeah, that's Top Gun. That's the first one came out in eighty six. The next one, Top Gun Maverick, that came out in twenty twenty two. The branches involved were the same, with the US Navy and the DoD three decades later. Top Gun Maverick wasn't just a sequel. It was a modern military recruitment commercial. The Navy once again gave filmmakers access to FA eighteen super hornets, real naval bases, and even aircraft carriers in exchange.
Speaker 2: The script underwent.
Speaker 3: Extensive review by the Department of Defense to ensure a positive portrayal of military life and leadership. Do you think about the money you need? Like think about it, Like, how much money do you think the military spent in order just to have these people in fighter jets and fucking actual aircraft carriers and everything. Like how much money do you think that would cost if you were to pay the military to use that kind of shit? I mean, if you're gonna be in a flight simulator and that's what we're doing here and get some CGI in it and everything, and basically you're like, listen, we just need some camera set up outside of one of your jets that's parked, and we need a helmet and the mask in the flight suit, and that's all we need. You could probably get out of it pretty pretty easily as far as the.
Speaker 4: Finibals are concerned.
Speaker 5: For you to go up in the air and like have because you can't see their faces unless like when he unhooked his mask and was talking to his boy or whatever, which is bullshit, I might add, but whatever, But they did that so that you could see as face. That's another thing they do in movies a lot, even in medieval movies. You see these times with these guys in the middle of pitch combat will take off their helmet and just so you could see their hair, and.
Speaker 4: All like, no, the fuck you would not. Homeboy's got an axe aimed at your skull. You're gonna take it off, my boy. No, you're not entertained, right exactly exactly.
Speaker 5: So you see these movies where Homeboy like takes off his helmet in the middle of a firefight, or he takes off his breathing mask when he's in a jet like pulling mock too, and it's like, who you're not, it's unrealistic, but it's for the cinema.
Speaker 4: That's what we would call creative liberties. Right. So, if you're going up in the air and.
Speaker 5: You've got an actual naval pilot flying in the front seat and maybe the actor is in the back seat getting the shots, if you will, or whatever, Yeah, that's costing jet fuel. That's costing man hours and maintenance hours on that aircraft to get it up in the air you're getting on the aircraft carrier itself to get these shots, Like yo, it's it's gonna lost time and money. And the military, if it's for the principle of recruiting, is very capable and willing to spend that time and money.
Speaker 4: Absolutely got to spend money to make money. That's how this goes. But it's not like they're doing it just out of the kind of so their fucking hearts dog now they need warm bodies. We really do, We really do.
Speaker 3: So beyond the nostalgia, Maverick reinforced traditional values, respect for chain of command, heroism and the redemptive arc of duty. Subtle programming reinforce military superiority through cinematic adrenaline, hyperreal dogfights, heroic sacrifice, and the idea that older soldiers still matter. It was a fantasy, but one engineered to ignite patriotic fervor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can believe that. I mean, the old soldiers still mattering. You know, Tom Selik fucking killed the role, so I mean, hey, I'm here for.
Speaker 2: Tom Selik, one of the fucking OG's dude.
Speaker 5: And then the Maverick movie, they Jesus Val Kilmer. He couldn't even talk anymore. They had him typing out in all of that, and which is also kind of sad, it is, but also like it's that's in the realm of being unrealistic. If they would have made him seem like a retired admiral or something who's sitting on the porch at his house and he's typing out something to his old friend Maverick, that would have been way more believable than a guy who you're trying to pass off as somebody in a command position who's unable to speak.
Speaker 4: No, I'm sorry, that's not some school.
Speaker 5: No, they're not gonna do that, especially if he was like some sort of like a nuclear commander or something, where like he had a very specific set of skills that the Navy couldn't go without. Fine, they'll make certain exceptions and allowances and waivers for things like that.
Speaker 4: I understand this. He was a fucking pilot, that's not.
Speaker 5: No, you wouldn't keep that guy around because he's like that critical in his position. You would force him out, you would give him a medical retirement. But okay, sure, I'm batman.
Speaker 4: You know, is it never mind? I want to be mean. Val Kilmer did an Okay, job as Batman.
Speaker 7: But like.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying anyway.
Speaker 3: The next movie or series that we get into is the Transformer series from two thousand and seven to present day. The branches involved were the DoD the Air Force, and the Army. Michael Bay your favorite director. Michael Bay's Transformer films are effectively love letters to the American military dressed up as alien robot battles. Depentagon offered tanks, helicopters, jets, and base access in return for script consultation and guidance. That's why nearly every military figure is heroic and why the US response to alien threats is overwhelmingly competent. Unlike in most sci fi narratives, the subconscious programming is thick might makes right. Military technology is our greatest weapon and win in doubt. Call the Army characters like I figured you no offense, no offen to the people in the Army.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, it's not like a Wendell called him Marie's it's not even taking that stance. It's like that that That is one of the most opinions that anybody's ever had.
Speaker 3: Characters like Josh Dummel's Special Forces leader are stoic brave and unwavering. Even optimist Prime's voice often echoes Reagan era messaging peace through strength, trust authority, and protect quote unquote freedom. It's cgi warporn greenlit by the DoD.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent agree with that. And for the record, I don't hate Michael Bay as a director, but like, there's no need. Transformers is the exception, because all right, if you're gonna have an intergalactic robot alien race having battles, there's gonna be explosions and crazy shit. I get it. But every movie he does, It's South Park even made a joke about this. They're like in the writer's room and he's like and then more explosions and this goes here and they're like, wait, we're in the in the coffee scene like that and more explosions, and it's like, you go over the top, Like, more explosions does not equal a good movie. I know that's a crazy thing to Michael Bay. He doesn't believe that.
Speaker 5: He thinks that the only way you can have a blockbuster hit is that there's explosions on screen like every fifteen seconds. Okay, I just I personally disagree with that, but he did good with the Transformer movies. I think they kind of I think they kind of overstayed their welcome a bit when Shilah Buff was no longer in them.
Speaker 4: I just kind of lost lost that want. Yeah, it's something that I don't like Mark Wahlberg either. I love him as an actor, but like not in Transformers. That wasn't his role. Dude, that's not his genre.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry anyway, Although I will say the Bumblebee movie was really good. Didn't have Shila Buff in it, but if you watch that one, that was a really good movie.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I've seen that one honestly is a good one.
Speaker 2: It's a good one.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, we got the Transformers and uh oh, by the way, shout out to Shilah Buff's a strange sister, which we before the claim that Shilah Buff is a love child of Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 2: I believe isn't that what we said?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've done more digging into that. That would be an internet whack job. She's still going, by the way, I believe you. She's been like showing up on podcasts and stuff. We've had quite a few internet whack jobs that we've talked about before. Some of them on the show, some of them, some of them on the show. And yeah, she's attempting to carve out her own fifteen minutes of fame. But like, I don't know if she understands this, but she could be sued for character defamation if she gets big enough and like.
Speaker 4: Goes that route. Now, I don't know if Shia would do that.
Speaker 5: He's on this whole biblical kick right now, and he seems like he's doing better as a person now more than he has in the last fucking twenty years.
Speaker 2: I disagree.
Speaker 3: I think he's even crazier now than he ever was because he's Catholic. Oh dude, he's hardcore into the Catholic shit.
Speaker 4: Now, like you, most people that get that way are.
Speaker 3: That's a sane person, that's what you think. I like, I mean so completely into the I mean, I get the Christian thing.
Speaker 2: Bud Catholic.
Speaker 3: I mean nothing against Catholics, but that's like the most occult version of Christianity. After my research into.
Speaker 4: It, I think he kind of speaks to certain people that they truly like the the mechanics of it. They like the way the Mass is laid out and how it's traditionally done this way, and it gives them a sense of like historical precedence, and it gives them a sense of like order to an otherwise chaotic life.
Speaker 2: Some people just love being told what to do.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, that's the Bible is not a rule book necessarily, but it's supposed to be. You're supposed to conform your life to the Bible as best you can. But we're not going to go that way this episode. All I'm saying is that there is something for a denomination for everybody out there. Those that like to be a little more loud and a little more you know, dancing in the middle of a church service, We have a denomination for that. Those that like to be quiet and go through the order of precedence. Sit Neil in seeing some hymnals get the communion, Sit Neil Band like, did we have a denomination for that?
Speaker 4: You know, I'm not a Catholic. I don't have hatred.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't have hatred towards Catholicism as a denomination, but I do find it interesting. And we can do a diveal on this one day here soon if you'd like, every big name that has found Christian well, I don't want to say every There's been a few that.
Speaker 4: Have a lot.
Speaker 2: There's a lot, not all.
Speaker 5: There's been more than a handful that have found Christianity or found God and found the love of Jesus Christ in other denominations, and they have had radical transformations in their life and all the things. But there seems to be a going trend like for instance, Miloianapolis right, very famously gay, very loud about so many things, and then he finds Catholicism and he divorces his husband and he's like hardcore Catholic these days, Russell Brand, cat Von, Shila Buff. There is this thing that's happening right now where the Catholic Church is actually seeing a resurgence in certain regards.
Speaker 2: Or at least they're paying actors to make it seem that way.
Speaker 4: I don't think they're paying them, but I think that they're enticing them in other ways.
Speaker 3: And blackmailing them. That's probably more likely. Actually, you think about like the people that are getting into it, they all have some kind of sketchy ass history. Mel Gibson, Shila Buff, Russell Brand, like, they all have some really sketchy history of maybe, you know, maybe the Catholic Church. Maybe it's a Vatican, I don't know. Maybe they got some dirt and said, look, you're gonna fucking play ball with us. We're trying to bring people back to the Catholic Church. And if you don't, well, we got a couple of videos here, We got a couple of you know whatever. You know what I'm saying, Like, I think that that would be an interesting show to dive into.
Speaker 4: Actually, I think it's possible.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying that it's one hundred percent accurate or whatever, but I just I find it interesting that that is the realm that's being had.
Speaker 3: I just I like, don't buy it with Russell Brand, like that, that is the most like unlikely character to like to go from where he was to now he's Catholic and he's going to the fucking Jordan River and his fucking whitey tities and he's out there with another dude who's out there in his whitey tities and doing the whole baptism thing.
Speaker 4: I'm like, ah, right, dude, come on.
Speaker 5: Dude, it's on my bucket list to get baptized in the Jordan River and.
Speaker 2: Your whitey tities you don't even wear underwear.
Speaker 5: No, I do not, But no, I'm just gonna wear like a white shirt. You know, you don't have to wear just underwear.
Speaker 4: No, you gotta you gotta go full gay with it, dude. No, that would be ridiculous, isn't it. But I didn't know he was doing in white tities. I thought he had like a white like shirt or something.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen the pictures basically naked with the with the exception of the whitey tities, and the guy that was given him the baptism was also in his whitey tities.
Speaker 2: It seemed ritualistic. It seems fucking ritualistic to me.
Speaker 4: Bro I mean, but baptism, like on paper, is ritualistic. It is, it is, But I'm saying more so than the optics.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, most of the people that I know that have gone and done that were wearing like not like a man dress or anything, but you know, wearing a white shirt and like some pants of some type or a swimsuit. But yeah, I don't know. And we could do a deep dive on that later on. Like, and it's not just in this country. Catholicism worldwide is seeing a very large resurgence. Christianity is on the rise right now worldwide, maybe not in America, but around in Asia right now. That is what people are projecting is going to be the next big renaissance that happens in China, especially with the fall of g that's being projected to happen very very soon, especially because Christianity is punishable by prisonment if not death in China. So I mean once that gets broken out, yeah, I think it's going to see a massive resurgence over there. And because the Chinese people are so like, they're strict in order and buy the book and all these things, it would also make sense to me that Catholicism would take serious root in China.
Speaker 2: I don't know this for a fact, though. Look at him here in his fucking whitey tities, bro, and then you got home.
Speaker 4: I see him holding a picture. Scroll down. There's a picture. Uh, I can't find because it's it's a video.
Speaker 2: We'll pull it up one of these days.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like, because you can see right here they're all coming together after the baptism, and he's wearing shorts right here, right, Yeah, there's shorts, but right here in this picture he's just rocking the whitey tidies.
Speaker 4: Ah, yeah, I see it. That's weird fucking But Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to think about that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, I'm looking at it obviously from a bias perspective, but I'm just saying, I can't imagine, you know, being in front of the glory of God when I'm from baptizing and like you can see like my mushroom head, you know what I'm saying, that's weird.
Speaker 5: It also would makes sense that somebody would get baptized completely naked. Honestly, to me, you were born into this world without clothing. God knows your naked, you know what I'm saying. There's a whole thing in the garden eating about that and shit. But seeing when there was gonna be cameras on them, you would think that a modicum of modesty. I don't, you know, who am I to judge?
Speaker 3: We need to go back to our caveman ways and just get naked all the time.
Speaker 4: I would, But it gets cold, man, there's wintertime, and shit, you're wearing a fucking sweater as it is, homie, and I'm still cold every time it gets below sixty degrees. It's insane.
Speaker 3: I'm meant for the tropics, all right, So now let's get back over the list. Enough fucking around. Iron Man two thousand and eight. The branches involved where the US Air Force and the DoD. Iron Man may have kicked off the Marvel cinematic universe, but its roots lie in military industrial glory. The DOOD supported the film with access to fighter jets, personnel, and military bases, helping to craft Tony Stark's transformation from arms dealer to patriot hero. The Pentagon reviewed and approved script portions to ensure the the US military wasn't shown as complicit in global arms corruption.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're not complicit in it whatsoever. Bullshit.
Speaker 3: They've made money from everybody. They are the Hammer, dude, that's Hammer Corporation. That is who the military industrial complex actually is.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, Lords of War showed the corruption behind the military industrial complex and the gun running that happens. So you know, hey, what are we talking about here?
Speaker 3: The film subtly redeems American militarism. Stark's character arc suggests that US weapons are only bad when they fall into the wrong hands, and that the solution isn't disarmament but personal responsibility. Within the system. Iron Man becomes a symbol of benevolent interventionism. Yeah, interventionism.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is that the message?
Speaker 5: Because I thought it was that he didn't trust even our own military with the weapons. That's why he stopped manufacturing them, and he wanted to privatize world peace and be the one guy to stop at all. He went into sidestep the entirety of the US military. Maybe I missed the point.
Speaker 3: That's probably where it started to veer off script. You know, didn't necessarily make the military look like the good guys. So yeah, it says iron Man becomes a symbol of benevolent interventionism, a man outside the military who still acts like it's private superhero.
Speaker 5: Okay, fair on the first one, I could see that, the second one not so much.
Speaker 4: Third one absolutely not at all.
Speaker 3: So shout out to Roady. It should have it should have remained Terrence Howard's role. The fact didn't want anymore he went psycho. No, he still wanted it. No, he didn't start going on to all that other shit until like a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: That's true. He was still playing in uh what was that another show? It was like a spin off of a of a hustle and flow. He was still acting at that time. You're right, yeah he was. They gave it to Don Cheetle.
Speaker 3: He gave it to Don Cheedle, and I thought he no, he never. He was pissed that he didn't get it because they kind of like sideswiped him. He didn't even know that he wasn't going to retain it.
Speaker 5: Wow, Okay, you know I liked him in the role way more than Don Cheetahs punk ass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, Terrence Howard, I mean, set aside what you think about all of his spiritual shit. Seems like a fucking awesome dude to hang out with.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, he'd be cool to hang with for sure. But yeah he's he's on his own.
Speaker 4: Vibe right now.
Speaker 2: I like that vibe personally.
Speaker 3: But anyhow, so to do Yeah, now we're going to And you saw like how that whole thing kind of played out played out with Iron Man and even up up with the Avengers and stuff like that. Right, Like Iron Man Tony Stark was all about like essentially like putting the planet in some kind of iron Dome kind of situation like they got ever in Israel, but like more AI and advanced technology type to perfect or to prevent from the aliens and comming and all that other shit right where you got Ultron and he's calling all these fucking other things from aliens from other planets. And so whenever those aliens came in Ironman and Tony Stark, that's why they had the whole Civil War movie between Ironman and Captain fucking America.
Speaker 4: Iron right, oh, Captain America.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, they went through their whole thing and yeah, and it was all about like pushing military like overly, you know, overstretched as far as military security and whatnot.
Speaker 5: Do you think that maybe this whole Golden Dome conversation that Trump's wanted to get us in the same guy that created the Space Force?
Speaker 4: Are we saying there may be some little little cone shown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just saying they always put it in movies before it happens in real life.
Speaker 2: That's part of the programming.
Speaker 4: Mah. I mean, hey, I'm here for it. By the way, I support the Golden Dome.
Speaker 3: I know you you and others don't think that they're doing it for karmaic reasons, but I think personally, I think it's beyond why they put it in movies. Before it comes to real life. I think it's more than just karmic reasons. That's I just think that's one of the reasons. But I think the actual main reason why they put shit in movies before it comes to real life is so that whenever it does happen in real life, people are aware that they've seen it before. You know, it's a soft launch. It's a soft launch, so that that way.
Speaker 2: Think about it.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, if it wasn't for certain alien movies, if you saw a fucking UFO up in this guy, you'd probably shit your pants.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't know what to do.
Speaker 3: But I've seen this in a movie before, so I already know, like I'm gonna act how those actors acted, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, using it for the soft launch principle of it, I agree one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: I think that's why they released things in movies beforehand.
Speaker 5: I just me and you have disagreed on this one as far as the karmic balance of it, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's fine, but anyway, all right, let's move on to one of your favorite movies of all time. Captain Marvel came out in twenty nineteen. The branch involved was obviously the US Air Force. Marvel Studios partnered directly with the US Air Force to market Captain America as a recruitment tool for women. The Air Force provided jets training and access to female pilots as consultants. In turn, the script emphasizes female or emphasized female empowerment within the chain of command, showing that true strength comes not from rebellion rebellion, but from rising through the ranks of a system. While dressed in feminism, the underlying message is clear the military is the best path for female empowerment. The subconscious narrative isn't just girls can be heroes, but join the Air Force and become a real one.
Speaker 2: This wasn't just a movie. It was a stylish intergalactic enlistment poster.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna fully disagree with what was said.
Speaker 3: That's what they were trying to that's what they were pushing for, not saying that that's actually what got through, but that was their goal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's definitely a place in the military for women, absolute one hundred percent, and you can rise through the ring structure and become whatever you're looking for. Yeah, one hundred percent. There's more than one way to do that, by the way.
Speaker 5: Like, if you, for instance, are a woman listening to the show and you're you're a young lady and you're in college and you don't know exactly what you want to go for yet. You could become an engineer and like become a good one that goes and works for one of these massive companies and makes crazy money and you surpass all of your male counterparts because you're that smart. Like that's a real possibility. Or you can go and become a brain surgeon.
Speaker 4: There's so many things out there that a woman can do that would make her seem like a hero and excel and beyond her peers and all that. Yeah, the military may be that fit for a young lady in this world, but not always. Not always. And I say the same thing about a man. It's not like, oh, you know what you need to do. You need to join the military and get your life right. Oh that's not exactly a true statement, actually, but all right.
Speaker 3: I mean a lot of the women that I've met that were, you know, in the military before, I always look at them like, man, you you're more badass than me, Like, you know, I get what your point is though, that that this isn't the only way, but the military wants you to think that it's one of the only ways.
Speaker 5: I've met quite a number of female veterans, and I knew females while I was in now I was in an all male unit because I was in the infantry. But and this is before they allowed females to be in the grunts, which still blows my fucking mind.
Speaker 4: But whatever, And you know, I will say they ran the gambit. It was.
Speaker 5: It was very polarized with females in the military. The ones that were exceptional were fucking studs, They were incredible.
Speaker 4: The ones that sucked fucking sucked. Right.
Speaker 5: With men, I granted it's a boys club, right, I think it's like eighty to ninety percent male centric, so you have more of a more of a gambit to run as far as that goes. You have your star studs, you have your pieces of shit, and you have everything in between. With women, it seemed to be very much black white, very much hot or cold, very much like this person's gonna do amazing things in this branch or. This person like really needs to get the fuck out after this enlistment.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, the next movie we get to after Captain marvel Is Blackhawk Down came out in twenty two thousand and one. The branches involved with the US Army and the DoD Blackhawk Down portrays the nineteen ninety three Battle of Mogadishue Mogadishu Moga Dishu, and the Pentagon was heavily involved in production. They provided helicopters, troops, and advisors to ensure that the US soldiers were framed as valiant victims rather than imperal aggressors. Controversial aspects of the events, such as war crimes or the chaotic aftermath, were omitted entirely. The subconscious impact is the glorification of sacrifice. Even in failed missions. The enemy is faceless, often shot from a distance or in chaotic swarms, Viewers are nudged to believe that we're the good guys even when the mission fails. Heroism is in futility becomes the takeaway, not questioning why we were there in the first place.
Speaker 4: Okay, war crimes, interesting take I've done a fair amount of research into that situation outside of the movie, and like, actually what took place? There was no war crimes that I could find anything.
Speaker 5: Now, if you're gonna question why America was there in the first place is because the UN fumbled the ball so fucking hard they had to send in the Marines to like fix it. Now, you want to get mad about the Marines being there in the first place, whatever, Fine, Okay, that's an opinion. But yeah, we had dudes get taken prisoner from that and they had to go send in rescue operations to get them back.
Speaker 4: Later.
Speaker 5: We weren't an imperial force in Somalia that we weren't trying to take it over, even set up an outpost. There was a warlord that was start as people, and I mean there's there's all kinds of things like that.
Speaker 4: That's why. That's why I also get mad whenever, Like and we've talked about the Cony twenty twelve or whatever the fuck it was, it was the same thing. Where were we at.
Speaker 5: Where was the American forces that were going in to save these kids and get rid of this evil warlord?
Speaker 4: No, No, they didn't give a fuck about that.
Speaker 5: There was no reason for us to be there, so we set up sounds like a U problem, not a US problem. So I mean, yeah, we're gonna get really pissed off about the technicalities is what does and doesn't mobilize US troops. I'm with you on that, But the situation with black haw Down itself, I didn't see any signs of a war crime anywhere, to be fat as a matter of fact, that's the rules of engagement, is.
Speaker 3: That it covered up that there were war crimes. They completely omitted them.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, whenever I did research into it, I couldn't find anything about war crimes.
Speaker 3: Well it's I just pulled it up. So the nineteen ninety three Battle of Mogadishu war crimes. It says the Battle of Mogadishu in nineteen ninety three involves significant civilian casualty and raised concerns about potential war crimes, particularly the particularly due to the actions of US forces and Somalia or Somali militious The aftermath saw accusations of excessive force and disregard for civilian safety, contributing to a complex legacy of the conflict.
Speaker 4: So that would be the war crimes civilian casualties.
Speaker 5: That's a interesting So you mean, like in a conflict zone there was civilians that were killed.
Speaker 2: In excessive amounts. I think it's what they're trying to say.
Speaker 5: And they're saying that that was done by us, not the fact that they were killing their own people. The warlord was starving his own people, they were using them as human shields, all these things. But yeah, that was Americans that killed too many civilians.
Speaker 4: Okay, you realized like they.
Speaker 5: Had nine year olds with fully automatic weapons that were firing at our guys.
Speaker 4: Like, what are we fucking talking about here? Now? I'm not saying this at you. I'm saying that the people that are gonna make these accusations like, Okay, what.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna pull a Jacobism and just say I don't be knowing. I'd just be Jonathan heard that. Fucking heard that, dude.
Speaker 5: But yes, yeah, they're gonna do what they can to put the American forces in the best life possible.
Speaker 4: I'm not denying that.
Speaker 3: Either, right right obviously, Like if you're you know, uh, kind of supplying all the money and all of the military equipment, you're not going to put in the spot where you drop the ball.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: There's very few movies that I can think of that tried to show the reality of it and even showing you the ugly bits you ever heard of the movie Platoon, Yeah, Vietnam movie, right, Charlie Sheen was in it when he was early, William Dafolk was in. As a matter of fact, Force Whittaker was actually a lot of stars, A lot of stars were in this movie that showed the Vietnam War. And yes, I understand it was fictitious and all this ba ba bab. It showed some Americans that were doing the right thing, and it showed some Americans that were absolutely doing the wrong thing, and that wasn't being done as a recruitment tool.
Speaker 4: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Right right, Well, and that's the thing. Whenever you're funded.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying that every single war movie ever created was funded by the d D or anything, and maybe that's a good example of one that wasn't.
Speaker 5: But they also were using Huey's, they were using military equipment, they were using all of these things. And like I could understand that they did in fact have a little bit of some liaisons or some uh you know, funding from or or the approval of the d D for certain sections of it, But I don't know. At the same time, if that was the case, I don't know if the d D would have signed off on every aspect of it because like, uh, fuck, I forget the actor's name all do with a cleft lip that played in Sniper. He the guy who ended up killing William Dafoe's character in it. But he he or Shooter, not Sniper. Yeah no, it was Sniper. Yeah, Shooter was Marky Mark No, this is the movie Sniper. He was a asid piece of shit and he was the reason why William Dafoe's character, who was an American soldier, was left and ended up getting got later on. I have a hard time believing the DD would have signed off on that.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about Luke Grimes or Joaquin Phoenix?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, not Joaquin Phoenix. Look up the movie Shooter. He arned a sniper. Excuse me, Sniper. He was the main character in that movie. And as soon as you see his face, you're gonna know him. He played in The Big Chill. Uh, he played in Fuck, He's played in a bunch of movies.
Speaker 4: Cannot remember his name.
Speaker 2: Tom Behringer, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the guy.
Speaker 5: So I mean, his character is the reason why William Dafoe, an American soldier, shot in another American soldier and then left him to die and then he actually made it back to the chopper, that whole that tragic scene with one of the best musical scores in cinematic history in my opinion.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so that's what I'm saying. It kind of made.
Speaker 5: And then they had the whole scene where those soldiers were trying to rap those Vietnamese women. Charlie Sheen's character goes in and tries to stop them, and it's a whole thing. I have a hard time believing that that was signed off on by the do O D.
Speaker 4: But maybe it was. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Mg Y Sgt. Is that Master Gunny sergeant.
Speaker 4: Master gunnery sergeant? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is it gunnery? I always, I always, I hear it both ways, gunny or gunnery.
Speaker 5: Well, so gunny is short for gunnery sergeant, but the technical term is gunnery sergeant.
Speaker 2: And then above with the Marine Corps.
Speaker 4: Ranks, gunny is an East seven and then after.
Speaker 5: That when you go to E eight, it splits off in until you have master sergeant and you have a sergeant first class. The master sergeant has two rifles in the middle. Sergeant first class is a diamond in the middle. Sergeant first class or is a or first sergeant.
Speaker 4: Excuse me. First sergeant is more of the administrative roles.
Speaker 5: Like each company will have a company first sergeant, and you'll have a battalion first sargeant or something like that.
Speaker 4: Above that is sarge major.
Speaker 5: You'll have a base sergeant major, you'll have a you know, regimental sergeant, these types of things. Master sergeant and master gunnery sergeants are dudes that stayed in their field, not to the administrative role. But and there's only so many moss that even have those ranks as a matter of fact, So a master gun's got a bursting bomb in his rank, and yeah, they're pretty much seen as subject matter experts in their field, whatever that field may be.
Speaker 3: This is why I wanted to do this show today because I knew that you would know all this terminology. I knew that you would see you've seen most of these movies to be able to like depict them in the way that they need to be.
Speaker 2: So that's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: What's interesting is is that this show was destined to have a marine on it because even hat like my original co host was a marine.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's true, that's true. It just kind of works out that way, brother.
Speaker 2: It was destiny.
Speaker 3: Nextly, We Have Lone Survivor came out in twenty thirteen. The branches involved with the US Navy, the Navy Seals, and the DoD This film is based on Marcus Lttrell's real accounts of a failed seal mission in Afghanistan, and the US Navy was deeply embedded in its production. Navy Seals consulted on the combat choreography, and the Department of Defense worked with the filmmakers to ensure that the portrayal of soldiers emphasized honor, bravery, and brotherhood even in the face of death. The military's presence on set wasn't just logistical, it was editorial at a subconscious level. Lone Survivor evokes themes of loyalty over logic. The enemy is again mostly faceless, with no political nuance or backstory, and the takeaway is America's warriors are superhuman patriots, betrayed only by the terrain or bad luck, not poor planning or questionable motives. It reinforces the never questioned the mission mentality just praise the troops.
Speaker 5: Damn So that being said, Marcus Latrell has also been and heavily heavily scrutinized for some of the things that was in that movie. As a matter of fact, I'm go ahead and share the screen again. We got a little short clip talking about Marcus Latrol being exposed.
Speaker 4: This isn't Jacob.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying this, but he even admitted that Loan Survivor was fabricated by the US Navy four recruitment. Those are his words, not Jacob's. Okay, so like we're just gonna keep it. One thought, Wow, that's a fact.
Speaker 10: He started screaming my name. He was like, Marcus Man, you gotta help me. I need help Marcus. That it got so intense that I actually put my weapon down and covered my ears because I couldn't stand to hear him die. All I want him to do is start screaming my name. They killed him, and I put my webon down in a gunfight while my best friend was getting killed. So that pretty much makes me a.
Speaker 4: Coward, you know.
Speaker 7: Even in his own words on Anderson Cooper he says that he heard Murph yelling his name that he needs help.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: On Anderson Cooper Live, I put my gun down, covered up my and I quit right then, I'm a coward. He left his buddies and quit and ran, So he wasn't in this dire straits and he wasn't crawling for seven miles like in the book. In the movie, this book was written for him to change the narrative because it was embarrassing for us.
Speaker 4: He was given an ultimatum, just like, do you.
Speaker 7: Want to be known as the seal who quit running away and left his buddies or do you want to be a millionaire? And he chose that I'm going to be a millionaire.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 5: So again, I'm not trying to throw shade. I wasn't there straight like I met if I ever met Marcus Latreull in person, Like, It's not like I would have any disrespect to throw his way. Okay, but that being said, he even admitted in multiple podcasts that the entire story was basically written for him and he has fucked up on a couple of interviews and said things that go against what the book and movie said.
Speaker 4: Tommy, take that for what you want.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is crazy. They they literally changed the entire story, not the entirety.
Speaker 5: There's sections of it that they kept true according to the research that I've.
Speaker 4: Done on it.
Speaker 5: Okay, like yes, they absolutely did catch those kids or the boy or whatever that was herding goats or whatever the case was, and they did let him go, which did kickstart all the bad stuff. The guys that got got they in the order of which they fell, that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: I think they kept this true to form, how.
Speaker 5: He got out of there, the locals that helped him escape and all this, like, yes, that that played out similar to the story. But again there's there's controversy start to finish basically, and that only has come out years after the fact. Same with Tim Kennedy, Right, he's all over the news and he's seeing as always a Green Beret, he did this and this. There's one story he's got where he had like thirty hand grenades in a bag and he was just going, he was just throwing him everywhere. But Pump and people that were on the operation with him have come forward and said, you are so full of shit. You weren't even in the location that you said you were when this took place. You never had a bag with thirty fucking handger needs.
Speaker 4: And that's bullshit.
Speaker 5: And it's yeah, man, that's a part of it. And this is not Jacob throwing shade. This is them saying things that they got caught up in after the fact.
Speaker 2: You know what's interesting.
Speaker 3: I was just looking up it was Loan like, obviously these movies are as we would know them based on true stories, right, based on yeah, right, And that's what I just typed in. I was like, was Loan Survivor based on a true story? It says, yes, Loan Survivor is based on the true story of Operation Red Wings, failed Navy seal mission. So then I was like, you know what, I wonder what percentage of a movie has to be true to be based on a true story. It says there's no legal or official percentage of truth required for a movie to claim that it's based on a true story. The phrase is incredibly flexible and often use more as a marketing tool than a factual guarantee. So based on a true story versus inspired by true events kind of shit.
Speaker 2: Yes, based on.
Speaker 3: A true story suggests that the core narrative of the main character or events actually happened, and inspired by true events allow for much more creative license. Maybe just one event or idea sparked the whole movie, so there's not any set percentage. It says studios aren't required to meet a specific threshold like fifty one percent factual accuracy to use the label. Some movies might be ninety percent true to the real story, while others might be only ten percent accurate, with characters, timelines, or outcomes changed for the dramatic effect.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Then it goes into certain examples of this. So the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was marketed as based on a true story, but it was very loosely inspired by ed Gain Gain Gain, how do you say that? Again, more fiction than fact. Another one is Catching Me If you Can. That's a really good movie, but Catch Me if you Can is more faithful to Frank Abagnail's real life, though still dramatized in parts. And then you got the conjuring claims to be based on true events, but many details are highly disputed or unverifiable.
Speaker 5: Obviously, think about this. Pearl Harbor is based on true events. The Japanese did attack Pearl Harbor, that did take place. All this shit would Ben Afleck and his love interests and all this other shit that's not true.
Speaker 2: But that's like the entirety of the movie.
Speaker 5: Like the actual attack itself is the antagonist if you will.
Speaker 4: But that's not like what the movie was about.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's but it's still classified as based on true events, so it's yeah, it's very murky, very very murky.
Speaker 3: Nextly, we have ACTI Valor came out in twenty twelve. The branch involved was the US Navy Seals. Act of Valor blurred the line between fiction and reality. It was shot with real Navy Seals playing themselves. This wasn't just military approved, it was military produced. The Navy used the film as a recruitment tool in demonstration of elite training. It's not a story about war. It's one hundred and ten minute live action promotional video for the Seals, complete with missions gear and patriotic sound bites. Subconsciously, the film is almost hypnotic. The lack of character development or emotion and the Seals isn't a flaw. It's the point. They're portrayed as emotionless efficient machines of justice. The message the message is emotion Cloud's duty. The clear intent was to recruit young men who fantasize about joining an elite force and to deify the military ideal of total discipline and sacrifice.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: So with that being said, the missions that were on that movie are based off of real missions, right, and these are things that can be maybe not fully disclosed about, like the actual locations of the actual bad guys or any of these things.
Speaker 4: That's fine.
Speaker 5: But as far as like finding a bomb maker who was trying to do a terrorist plot in America, like that, that is a real operation that did take place, right, cool, got it?
Speaker 4: Using actual seals as the actors a bit of a big swing and a miss because they sucked like it sounded like they were literally reading their lines off of paper, lights camera action, reading my lines off of paper like there was no there was no actual emotion with it. And like I understand that. They may say that was the point, dude. Mixing in some actors would have made the movie go so much better by all sense, but they just they didn't do that, And this is what you do. This is what you get when you don't use actors for acting. They were just memorizing lines and repeating them and like that was a thing and that it's it's okay, but yeah, it was based off of things that took place, operations that they could disclose for for the most part anyway.
Speaker 5: And yeah, so here's here's my problem with it. You're trying to recruit guys to join the Navy Seals. Okay with that, The recent study showed that seventy percent of military aged males in this country couldn't make it in the military if they wanted to, because they are overweight, because they have some sort of chemical imbalance, because they're problems something some they're on the spectrum in some way whatever you want to call it, well that or it's just people that are claiming that they have X, Y and Z. I have anxiety issues and I have since I was four, and it's like, well, you can't join the military, but I really wanna.
Speaker 4: It's like you you've played the victim your whole life. Would you think was gonna happen? My boy?
Speaker 2: Go meditate, that's all you needed to do.
Speaker 5: It's realistically, seventy percent could not meet the standard right now. I've just run and push ups right now if they had to. And I'm not saying you need to be able to run a fucking six minute two mile or some wild shit like that, like running two miles and twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: That is that is really easy to do. We're talking ten minutes per mile.
Speaker 5: Most people, most military age males in this country could not do that right now if they had too.
Speaker 2: What did you run your mile in? Like seven mile?
Speaker 4: Oh and the Marines we run three miles.
Speaker 2: Okay, so how long in three miles?
Speaker 5: My best time was twenty one to fifty, so about seven thirty excuse me? So yeah, but I mean my mile time was pretty dope, but I got slower as.
Speaker 4: The mile went on, you know what I'm saying, But as you do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my best like mile time I think in my life was around like a six six minute, six ten something like that.
Speaker 4: But it wasn't I wasn't sprinting that mile. I'm a distance runner. I'm not a short runner, and I could consider a one mile a very short run like it. It's not it's not hard to do four laps around a track.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, we're exact opposites in that. I can give you literally fucking lightning speed well back whenever I was playing football and stuff. But I could I could run fastest shit for a good forty meters That's about it, you know, But anything longer than that, I am yeaess dude, Like don't. And that's why I love football because and people would say like, how, how have you never been able to because I always talk about how like my my, oh shit, what is it?
Speaker 4: Cardio?
Speaker 3: My cardio has always been terrible. And they're like, well, you played football for so long. But I'm like, the thing is is that a football play lasts about three or four seconds and then you get a thirty or forty second break afterward. You know, I'm good in short spurts, but you get me like, there's no way I can play fucking soccer, Like fuck that running?
Speaker 2: No way, right.
Speaker 5: The fastest I've ever seen I do run three miles myself is fifteen minutes, three miles and fifteen minutes. But this dude, he was a Native American and he grew up on the reds, and the way his family earned their money was they would run down wild horses every day from the time he and now on ATVs on foot because they were broke. They were on the riz and they would wake up every morning and run down a pack of wild horses until one of them got tired, throw a rope around its neck, and then bring it back so it could be broken by another group. But he and his family, him, his dad, and his brothers. Every day on foot would run down wild horses. Sometimes that would take hours to do. So he was like, wait, only three miles, Oh, no problem, bro. He ran three miles in fifteen minutes. He wasn't sweating or out of breath by the end of it.
Speaker 4: He was chilling. This was This wasn't even a warm up for him. And I'm like, fuck you, dude.
Speaker 3: Some people were just fucking built different. Stamina was the word I was looking for. I couldn't spit it out for some reason.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Not knowing for the stamina by any means.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm sprints, I've never been terrible at But if you are looking for like my strongest attribute, yeah, no distance runing, but even still do you could go for a light yog for the four laps around a track and still be fine.
Speaker 4: Like you could you could jog around.
Speaker 5: We won mile in under ten minutes accidentally at a decent walking pace, you know what I'm saying. So it's like to say that seventy percent of seventeen to thirty year olds in America couldn't accomplish that task right off the rip or crank out forty push ups. That that's insane, that that's something that like most college kids could not do right now.
Speaker 3: It's like, bro, what, dude, I used to be able to run a four to six back in the day, which is fast for a white boy.
Speaker 2: I just want to throw that out there. They ain't. That ain't fast by you know, extreme athletes or anything.
Speaker 3: But for me, I was like, damn for six, all right, baby, But I mean, you get me on a mile track and I'll that'll be a ten minute for me. Dude, Like, there's just a fucking way I don't have the daminaugh for that.
Speaker 5: But the point for all of what we're talking about here, yeah, a recruitment tool for the Navy Seals. I get it, Okay, No one doesn't know who they are, right The people that fantasize about joining them one day are going to try. I forget what the attrition rate is, but I think it's like eighty percent of guys that go through BUDS do not make it. Through BUDS is basic underwater demolition school. That's the first realm of trying to become a seal. You join the Navy, you go through boot camp, then you go to BUDS.
Speaker 2: So like BUDDS was the Buddy program where you go in with like your friend or whatever.
Speaker 5: That's a different thing. Every branch has their version of the Buddy program. But BUDS as a school is basic underwater demolition school. So that's the ones where you see the guys running on the beaches with the boats on their heads.
Speaker 4: Goggins al who's going to carry the boats?
Speaker 5: That that's BUDS program, right, and most the vast majority, now I mean Green Berets, they have a success rate of I think three percent. So out of one hundred dudes that are going through Green Beret training, three of them might get a Green Beret at the end of it. Yeah, I think the Seals are like I want to say, it's like fifteen to twenty percent. It's been a while since I lived to the statistics, but yeah, so, I mean the guys that are already wanting to do that are going to already shoot their sh The movie probably helped the Navy's recruitment.
Speaker 4: But that's the other thing too. You might sign up to go to Seals, but if you fail out of school, you don't get kicked out of the Navy. You get sent to some other school. Now you're a supply guy or a logistics guy, or maybe you do get n P or something.
Speaker 3: Who knows, right well, the fucking recruiter will tell you can get any job you want right right basically.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing.
Speaker 5: Whenever you you have to sign up, whenever you do join the Navy and go to Seals training, you sign up for buds, right, that's the contractor signing. But then underneath that you have a secondary option just in case. And of course you're you're totally gonna make it, bro, you're already no. I could tell by looking at you you're gonna be a seal, but just in case something happens, what's another job you might want to do. That's that's probably gonna be the job you get a sign.
Speaker 3: I know seals, trust me, and I'm looking at one right here.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I've been playing Call of Duty since I was like ten, so I think I'm just pretty much ready for this right now. It's like, boy, I believe you here, sign this contract?
Speaker 3: Did you get a fifty on your as VAB You're fucking good? I mean whatever you Oh my god.
Speaker 5: That's another thing, dude. People underestimate the ASVAB scores. Yeah, passing it depending on the branch. You're going into the Marines for a while, we're only taking like I think it was a twenty seven, and they would take you. Now granted there was like two jobs you could do once you got through it, but yeah, one of them was grunt.
Speaker 2: I might add Army is way lower too, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Marines had the as the lowest. Oh really, yeah, where.
Speaker 5: That's why we're known as the crayon eaters. We're not known for our intelligence. But I will say some of the smartest dudes ever met were actually in the Marine Corps Infantry.
Speaker 4: But that's a different conversation.
Speaker 5: But so the Air Force has the highest, actually probably Space Force has the highest as of this moment, like bottom tier level. If you don't make this, then you're not even we're not even looking at you for further review. But the Seals, Yeah, you don't just have to pass it. You have to pass in certain regards and in certain criteria. So it's not just your overall score, your GT score or you're like what's called your general competence or whatever it's called that needs to be I want to say, it's like over a over a one oh five or something like that to even apply to the school. I got a I think I had like a one to fifteen or a one ten or something like that. I could have gone to a bunch of different schools, but I wanted infantry. I think I had a sixty nine overall or something along those lines.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it's.
Speaker 5: It's just one of those things that like, yeah, even if you are stud physically, if you can't pass the very basics of this test, then like you also can't apply. Like that's that it takes a lot to get in, and that's the thing everybody thinks, Oh, if all else fails, just go join the military, which used to be seen as apologies to all of our female listeners.
Speaker 4: Bear with me. Here for a girl to say, you know what, fuck it, I'm gonna become a stripper. That was what it used to be to say, you know what, fuck it, I'm gonna join the army. That was the male equivalent.
Speaker 3: It's only fans now, yeah, now it's only fans. Excuse me the fuck it part?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, fuck it, I'm gonna go to show my tits for money on the internet, and.
Speaker 4: Like nobody's I'm not knocking, I'm not throwing shame.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get in a bag and sell it to some guy working at the Chinese restaurant and he's gonna which also is a real thing.
Speaker 4: If you're able to shit in a jar and sell it to make money. Listen, who am I to tell you there's a sucker born every minute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm saying, dude, they fucking eat it. I'm like, oh my god, what is wrong with people?
Speaker 5: Scat kink is a thing. It's gross, it's fucking nasty.
Speaker 4: But anyway, anyway, it used to be for a young man that had nothing else going for him, just.
Speaker 5: Fucking I'm gonna join the arm here, I'm gonna join the navy. That was their equivalent of fuck it, I'm gonna be a stripper. And now you're telling me that seventy percent of dudes couldn't do that if they had no other options. It's like, bro, we we as a society have gone down quite a bit, don't you think.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a lot of people out there nowadays that like they're almost proud of what's wrong with them, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, professional victim mentality has become such a. It's like cool to be marginalized. It's insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I have crippling anxiety. It's popular now. I'm like, why why is that a?
Speaker 4: Why is that?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: I don't get it, you know, I.
Speaker 4: Don't understand it.
Speaker 5: You see these dudes that like do podcasts and then they'll even talk about it after the fact, Like Bro, after the interview, I had to just like sit on the couch for thirty minutes to just like decompress.
Speaker 4: My anxiety was so high. Where are your fucking nuts, dude? Where are your I mean.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie like I don't. I don't get nervous before a show or anything like that. But whenever we went up on stage for bro Grove, I was absolutely shitting bricks. Okay, I kept my composure, but inside I was fucking loosing my shit.
Speaker 5: Public speaking is different. Right now, you've seen me multiple times. I have no issues doing public speaking. In fact, some would say I.
Speaker 4: Thrive in that environment.
Speaker 5: Certain people like that's a real like fear that they have, And I understand this. Public speaking is a thing that like it takes a second to get used to cool. But on a pod, dude, you're having a one on one conversation and you just got anxiety from talking to a guy.
Speaker 3: Well, they're worried about like is their filter good enough to where they're not gonna say something that they shouldn't say.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it's a thing.
Speaker 4: Ow loud you sound You heard how gay that sounded? Right? Oh wow?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's full on lamb. Don't get me wrong, but I get it. I mean, I'm not gonna say that. It's it's a weakness, but you know, worked over time, you you know, you kind of build up that momentum and then you forget about your anxiety absolutely.
Speaker 5: I mean, but that's the thing you got These people there on like, oh I have to take three Sannox every day for even get out of bed.
Speaker 4: Well it's like, yeah, the military doesn't want you. Holy fuck.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the military, let's get to the next movie, and that is The hurt Locker came out in twenty two thousand and eight. The branches involved, or the branch involved, was the US Army. Although not as closely tied to the Pentagon as others, the hurt Lockers still receive logistical support from the military and was allowed to shoot on some of the US military basis. It follows an EOD explosive ordnance disposable which you brought up unit in Iraq, focusing on the psychological tool of war. While it flirt with ambiguity, the protagonist is still portrayed as addicted to war, a man defined by chaos but noble for enduring it. Subconscious programming here is subtler. War becomes a drug and the soldier is romanticized for giving up family and peace for the greater cause. In quotes, even trauma becomes heroism. It subtly conditions viewers to sympathize with military mindsets, reinforcing that some men are just quote unquote built for war and we need them, without questioning why warstart in the first place.
Speaker 4: Agreed, I agree with everything that was just said.
Speaker 5: Actually, I do believe that certain dudes are built for that and we do need them. It's like you, you don't want we don't want war?
Speaker 4: Right? War is bad.
Speaker 5: I know that I say a lot of things about it. Okay, but let's just put all cards on the table. War is hell, okay, and it is not fun.
Speaker 4: Is not good. You do not want to send your sons to fight in some conflict in some form in land. Okay, nobody genuinely wakes up feeling like that's what we need to do.
Speaker 5: But at the same time, you need good men that are willing to do bad things in order to have your safety and security.
Speaker 4: That's just the way of the world. I'm very sorry, but you need pipe hitters.
Speaker 5: You don't want them, You really don't want these goons to exist, but fucking you need some pipe hitting goons when the times come.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like, you know, the people that we're talking about, like defunding the police, right, so fucking stupid. Everybody that was on that board, they were like, well, police they're always just they're always beating up the innocent people and shit like that, until you know you have a burglar and that burglar has a gun, and who you're gonna call because Ghostbusters was just a movie and uh, the police you wanted to defund. So now you're kind of just fending for yourself. Now you want to retract all your statements and you look like an idiot.
Speaker 4: It'd be like that, you know what I mean. Yeah, it's a part of it.
Speaker 5: So yeah, eod boys are psychotic in the best way possible, and they're they're fucked up in the head. Like, I don't think I've ever met a sane EOD tech in my life. You have to be a little bit fucking crazy to defuse bombs that were meant to be undeffusible, right, Like, you know, the every time you step up to the plate, like there is a real possibility that they won't find pieces to send back home. Like you have to come to grips with that and be at peace with that reality every time you gear up.
Speaker 4: Brother, First of all, God bless you. Secondly, this let this man cook. He's not gonna be okay when he comes home. Let him fucking be.
Speaker 3: I mean to be honest, it's probably there's probably a little bit of solace within the mindset of something like that. If you're going up there to defuse a fucking bomb, you know you're probably not going to suffer if it goes off, You know what I'm saying, Like you're fucking done within a second.
Speaker 5: I will say that EOD is the only job in the Middle military where if at any time you decide that you're done, you can take the badge off. You slam it on the commander's desk and say I'm done, and they'll they'll put you in some other position somewhere. You have to be one percent in your correct frame of mind to be in that job.
Speaker 4: There's a motorcycle club as a matter of fact, EOD that's completely comprised of EOD text from multiple branches. You have to be in the job for at least eight years before you can ever try to be a part of the club. They need to know you're on that level of fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: Oh, shout out to them, we need them, Oh we do, we do.
Speaker 5: Next but yes, again, you're never gonna have one of these guys on a counter sniper operation.
Speaker 4: That's fucking stupid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're not gonna have crippling, crippling anxiety for a job like that, you know.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: Nextly we have Zero Dark thirty came out in twenty twelve. The branches involved with the CIA and the DoD. Zero Dark thirty was made with.
Speaker 5: That's the one we were talking about thirteen hours. The other movie, Zero Dark thirty.
Speaker 2: All right, and Benghazi. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Zero DARC thirty was made with direct assistance from the CIA, who provided access to classified information and brief the filmmakers on the Bin Laden raid. The agency hope to rebrand itself post Iraq War scandals by highlighting its role in tracking down America's most wanted torture. Scenes, although controversial, were framed as unpleasant but effective, subtly suggesting in quotes enhanced interrogation played a necessary role. The subconscious takeaway is that extreme measures are justified in the war on terror by showing the main character, a determined woman, as emotionally numb and obsessive. It frames obsession with justice as virtue. Even when the methods cross moral boundaries, the end justifies the means. This was psychological priming at the highest level.
Speaker 7: Damn.
Speaker 5: It was about ben Lauden or Benghazi. I don't know if I've ever actually seen zero Dark thirty. It's okay, so what about Benghazi?
Speaker 4: We were wrong?
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, So it was about the raid that killed bin Laden, which also good God, that whole operation start to.
Speaker 4: Finish was fucked. They brought two helicopters and one of them crashed and everybody inside died and all this other shit, and then afterwards they took the body and sunk it in the ocean, and it was Yeah, there's there's a lot of controversy surrounding that operation as well.
Speaker 3: It was one of the Ben's ben Laden Benghazi, you know. So yeah, it's it's really looking at like almost training the people who are under this hypnosis as they're watching the movie that it's like patriotic to be emotionally numb, obsessive and using that as just like justice as virtue. So that's the subconscious kind of programming that are in these types of movies. They want people like that, which you know, I'm not I'm not here to say that every subconscious programming that the military puts out is inherently evil and bad, because I think you need people like that, which you know, it's it's almost like a bad signal, you know, it's like, well, look, we got to throw this out there or else nobody's gonna know the fucking you know, we need Batman, And I think that that's probably you know, their angle on it, or one of the angles, not the entire one, but one of them.
Speaker 5: You need to be able to put the emotions aside to get the job done.
Speaker 4: That's absolutely a fact.
Speaker 5: And I'm not even just in war zones, Like how many times have you even working at a pizza joint you got there, the entire situation was fucks you knew you had to just lock in and just hone in for a couple hours until everything got situated.
Speaker 2: It happens everywhere.
Speaker 3: You gotta get that flow state going, baby to slap them Pepperoni's on there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And I'm not equating that to war fighting.
Speaker 5: But my point is that to some degree, everybody's got to be able to lock in, tune everything else out, tunnel vision, and get a job done. In the military, yeah, you need guys that are able to do that and put emotions aside for the greater good to get the job done. And to your point, yeah, I mean everybody gets brainwalled in some way, shape or form at boot camp, which I actually believe that this is brainwashing for a positive cause you.
Speaker 4: Get a perfect example of this.
Speaker 3: You get problem with the problem with brainwashing though, is that yeah, it suits a purpose for sure for the job that needs done. But it's not like that brainwashing is like disconnected whenever you get out of the service, and that's probably part of the issue.
Speaker 5: I think, But it's not always a bad thing. Now, there is something that absolutely is right. These guys that like are still in the trenches and they cannot disassociate and like, okay, fine, and that's the levels of PTSD for shit like that. But you don't get PTSD just from going to boot camp and go working some logistics job somewhere.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: But what you do is you get brainwashed in a sense of like, all right, you get fifty dudes, one from every state in the country, different backgrounds, different socioeconomic classes, different races, different religions, everything, and you make them live three inches apart from each other for the next six months.
Speaker 4: You'll get a sense of camaraderie.
Speaker 5: You'll get a sense of like going through the suck together makes you have a tighter bond, right, And yes, there's a little bit of some brainwashing that takes place there, but also you learn how to put your feelings aside to accomplish the job. I and this is what I'm saying, like a positive brainwashing.
Speaker 3: You know what's interesting though, I wonder if they ever looked into reverse brainwashing, Like do you think that that would be a positive thing, Like maybe whenever you're coming out of the service, or you're coming back from active duty or something like that, is there anything that would you know, some kind of hypnotic suggestion that you can give somebody that, like, look, you were only trained to have this mindset so that you can go over there and do what you were meant to do. But now you're back in the real world. You love your you love your wife, you love your kids. You're a good husband, you're a good father, you're a good worker at your job. You love being able to supply for your family. And you know what I mean, Like, if that's possible, I think that that should be something that would be that could be implemented.
Speaker 5: There's ay that's offered through the VA for literally this, but I mean for especially guys that are like taking prisoner and are tortured and brainwashed in that regard. Oh yeah, there's all kinds of like debriefing, de brainwashing that takes place. Don't get me wrong, but again we're talking about a brainwashing quote unquote that makes you a productive human being. So many dudes that I met in boot camp, a lot of them great guys had some work experience, were there to do a job, and like they already had the right mindset getting in there. Other guys were fucking useless and like had no skill set to offer to anyone or anything. They were coddled their entire life. They had no idea what the real world was about, and not even like combat, just being a normal, productive adult human being. And so you had to break them down and break them out of that little uh belief that mommy and daddy be able to take care of them, and you had to teach them how to stand on their own two feet and be a man Jackets, that's really I mean, there is a level of that, yeah, but more like just you know what I mean, dudes, and for anybody out there that doesn't, I'm not trying to offend anybody with my statement here, Just bear with me. Do you know how many guys didn't know how to tie a tie at boot camp? That blew my mind.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to do that.
Speaker 4: I wasn't trying to offend nobody. I didn't know if that was only ever.
Speaker 2: Worn a tie I think one time in my life, and that was from my wedding.
Speaker 5: Most of these guys either a netting, come from a position where they even owned a suit growing up, right, or they didn't have a dad growing up to teach them how to tie a tie, so they never did these things.
Speaker 4: And that's my point.
Speaker 5: You get guys from all different types of walks of life, and it's time to teach you how to iron your clothing, how to make your bed, how to properly tend to your own personal hygiene.
Speaker 4: You would be fucked shocked.
Speaker 5: How many of these people didn't know that you should brush your teeth more than twice a day, more than once a day.
Speaker 3: It's like crazy the type of dad that you have though, Like, for example, my dad was extremely strict.
Speaker 2: And it very very you know, short fuse kind of thing.
Speaker 3: So if he was ever teaching me anything, and he would be like, all right, watch me, watch me as I do this, And he wouldn't say anything as I'm you know, as he's teaching me how to work on a car or tie a tie or you know shit like that.
Speaker 2: It would just be like, I have to watch him.
Speaker 3: If I if I have to ask any questions, who fucking all hell is going to break loose? And so then at the end of you know, him showing you something, he would be like he would be like, all right, you get it, and you you don't get it, but you don't want to say that you don't get it because you're you're almost in fear of conflict.
Speaker 4: You know, I understand this, right, But that's my point.
Speaker 5: You get guys from all different backgrounds and you have to get them on the same page and moving forward in the same direction with a common goal, with a common attitude to accomplish that. There is a bit of some what some might call brainwashing that takes place, but again, that's not unproductive and that's not something that you would necessarily want to d.
Speaker 4: You know, undo to yourself.
Speaker 5: You you would want to take that kind of knowledge in fortitude and can do attitude in you know, forward with entire.
Speaker 3: I wasn't saying that, you know, you would want to do one hundred percent wipe by any means. I'm just talking about, you know, maybe some of the issues that would or could carry over into your real life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they have.
Speaker 5: They have a lot of different types of therapy for different types of PTSD. Not all are combat related, not all or you know, trauma affects people different ways, dude.
Speaker 4: I remember seeing a meme.
Speaker 5: It was like a chihuahuah and a Saint Bernard and they had both gone through a mud puddle that was like eight inches tall.
Speaker 4: Right, And it was like, just because you went through the same experience doesn't mean it hits you the same way. Right.
Speaker 5: Everybody deals with situations differently. Some guys get to combat and they get shot at and.
Speaker 4: They love it. This is their shit. They thrive in this environment.
Speaker 5: Other guys get shot at and they break down and they suffer serious trauma because of it. No shade being thrown on either side of this coin. Everybody deals with things in different ways. So yeah, so yeah, there's therapy and stuff like that to answer your question, to help somebody break away from who they once were into who they are now. And that's also something that a lot of veterans suffer from, not just combat vets, but when you're in the military, you have a sense of purpose, You have a sense of who you are, and I don't like the fact that a lot of people attach who they are to their job title in any way. But at the same time, there's lanes to it, right. Your rank is one line of that lane. Your billet or your job or your assigned role is the other lane. And as long as you stay between the two lines in your lane, you're doing great. Right Now, you get out of the military, there's no lines. There's no lines, and everybody is swerving over in this lane, in that lane. Then I get looked at like the asshole for telling this person get the fuck back in their lane and get out of mind. It's a transitional period and a lot of that are and suffer with that because they feel like they lose themselves, they lose their sense of purpose. They don't learn until years later that no, dude, it's on you now. You create your purpose. You got to get out there and find your purpose, whatever that might be. But you also have the freedom to do that now and figure it out for yourself. And that's scary for a lot of guys.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of people that definitely define themselves by their job title, and sometimes it's a little bit cringey, like you know, working in the plant, Like those guys that have those big trucks and they got a fucking dekel on the back of their window that says iron worker. You know what it's like, all right, Bud? I mean, yeah, surely you have something more to you than just your job, you know.
Speaker 4: But that's a whole thing.
Speaker 5: It's like all they got going for them is that thing, you know, And it's a and I feel bad for them in one sense, but also like, okay, you found something that.
Speaker 4: Speaks to you.
Speaker 5: You love your job, even though every time I ask you about it, all you do is bitch and complain about things about your job. But like, whatever, Okay, if that was that's your sense of purpose, then cool.
Speaker 3: That was something that I used to see a lot whenever I was working offshore. Dude, the captains just love putting a decal, captain whatever, so and so it's like, all right, but I mean, you think you're gonna get more respect in traffic or you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, what do you think you're going to get.
Speaker 4: Out of that?
Speaker 5: I mean, I remember I was a I find I got to a foreman position once upon a time and like, to me, that didn't okay, cool, I'm forming over a crew over a pipe yard, all right, and like it didn't it didn't matter to me.
Speaker 4: But to these other guys, like bro, you made foreman before you were thirty? WHOA, I'm like, and so, what that's it's my job.
Speaker 3: Imagine like putting a decol on the back of your car where you just butt podcaster, you know, no, so ridiculous.
Speaker 4: It's like I tried telling these dudes, it's like my life starts when I clock out of this bitch, Like, this is not my life for the ten to twelve hours that I'm here.
Speaker 5: This is what I'm doing to provide for my family. My life is on the other side of that gate, big dog. I'm sorry. As soon as I hit my car, i am all. I'm a different person. I go home and do my thing. I'm here because I have to be, not because I'm called to be here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all right, we got a lot to burn throughcast half hour. Speaking of captains, We're gonna go Captain Phillips twenty thirteen. The branch involved was the US Navy. This dramatization of the Marisk So you say that Marisk Alabama hijacking, I think it's like the shipping container Marisk.
Speaker 2: Isn't that what that is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the company, the ship and company.
Speaker 2: I think it's in Marisk anyway.
Speaker 3: The dramatization of the Marisk Alabama hijacking receives support from the US Navy, who even allowed use of real destroyers and see in the climatic climactic rescue scene. The film portrays the military as surgical, righteous, and above all necessary. When diplomacy fails, the message is clear, a bullet from a seal is the solution. Subconsciously, it programs viewers to associate modern piracy, which is deeply linked to systemic exploitation of African nations, with pure criminality. There is no context, only chaos and heroism. Captain Phillips isn't just a victim. He becomes a symbol of the vulnerable West, protected by only a strong, ever ready US military.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, a couple things to break down on that. One, piracy is majority done in the African nations. That's not like a propaganda thing.
Speaker 4: That's a correct statement as a matter of fact.
Speaker 5: Right now, Jonathan, you and I can go and place money on the Somali stock exchange. Do you know what we be betting on which pirate crew takes the largest loot this week? You can read, Yes, that is the Somali stock exchange quote unquote. That's a real thing you're doing. Wow, And it's not Yeah, that's that's a part of them. It's systemic. Yeah, it is because these are poor countries and that's the best shot they got it. Earning something is from you know, throwing explosives around the bottom leg of an oil rig and ransoming off the crew to the company that sent them there.
Speaker 4: Things like this happen all the time, like weekly. Okay, Captain Phillips knew this, and his crew said, why don't we go this way where the pirates were out of range of the pirates. Let's do this. He was trying to make a deadline that they had way more than enough time to make. He chose that route on purpose and knowing that it was dangerous, and then got what was coming to him in that regard. So again this whole making the public feel like the victim of the poor Westerner and these these mean Africans and like, okay, yes, some of that might be true, but he's not a victim.
Speaker 5: He put himself from that position. So yeah, some things on that happen. Anyway, the seals did do a great job, and that was true to form. They actually did take the sniper shots from the bow or stern, I don't know of the destroyer.
Speaker 4: And took out all the pirates in one shot, well like six dudes that all fired at the exact same time. So that's dope.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 3: Nextly we have Pearl Harbor two thousand and one. The branches involved where the US Navy and the DoD. Michael Bay's Pearl Harbor received full Pentagon cooperation from access to Navy ships, to airfields and weaponry. While the film veers into romance, the battle scenes were meticulously coordinated with the DoD to ensure historical reverence and patriotic awe. The narrative subtly blames the Japanese without deep exploration of geopolitical tensions, making it easy to rally around American victimhood and vengeance. At a subconscious level. It invokes a sacred trauma, Pearl Harbor as the unifying origin story of American World War II glory. Emotional manipulation is rife. Swelling, meal music, slow motion death scenes, and stoic soldier sacrifices all work to fuse nationalism with sentimentality.
Speaker 2: It isn't just history, it's mythology.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 5: Like I said, they did good as far as the battle scenes are concerned, and that was true as far as the chain of events that took place. But yeah, the whole love story thing, it wasn't necessary.
Speaker 2: That's what we would call creative liberties.
Speaker 3: Nextly, we have your movie Behind Enemy Lines two thousand and one, the branches involved with the US Navy and the DoD Behind Enemy Lines was released in the wake of nine to eleven. Though it was technically in production before the attacks, it became perfectly timed. With it became perfectly timed propaganda. The US Navy granted permission to use carriers, aircraft, and personnel, but only after several script changes. The Pentagon insisted that the film make it clear that the American military acts with moral superiority and technical precision, even when the bureaucrats failed them. The subconscious message is that oak soldiers, those who disobey orders for the quote unquote right reason, are still heroes. The enemy, in this case, the Serbian forces, is painted with broad strokes merciless, lawless, and animalistic. Viewers are taught to see American military personnel as not just warriors, but moral arbiters, capable of transcending politics to do what's in quotes, right.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, yeah. If you want to look at the history of what took place in Bosnia, and you know, the whole thing with the Serbian and the genocide and all that they were merciless. They were animals like that. They they they genocidally killed an entire race of people in a certain region of the world, and that was about to go unspoken of until this pilot got the evidence to prove it, and then the international court system was able to step in and do some things.
Speaker 5: But like, yeah, yeah, I'll want you one hundred percent. I don't know what he did to necessarily disobey orders. He was running for his life for the majority of the movie, But all right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's interesting that it was it did happen or they released This is the one that we said that it was due to be released mid January and then it ended up being released November thirtieth of two thousand and one. It's interesting, though, because we talk about how they you know, I don't know if it was subconscious programming or there were people in the know that absolutely knew that something like nine to eleven was going to be happening. You know, we talk about the insurance that was taken out for terrorist insurance that was in July or August of that year before nine to eleven, And it almost makes it very interesting timing that this movie was already scripted and like edited and getting ready to be posted, well posted in movie theaters, you know, just months after. You know, it's almost like maybe somebody in there new.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and okay, now I'm thinking about it. Gene Hackman's character rip Gene Hackman. He did go against the bureaucracy and the orders of his superiors to go back and get this pilot. He was ordered to pretty much let the pilot like die, like, you know, just whatever. It's a casualty, it's an accident, but it's gonna cause even more of an international crisis and this and this, and he's like, hmm, fuck you, We're gonna go get our boy. And because of that, he was relieved of command. As a matter of fact, he was offered some administrative job in DC somewhere. He instead chose to retire with the respect of the crew and those that served under him. Yeah, fucking I would say that would be a hero in that regard.
Speaker 3: Okay, next movie we have is The Guardian two thousand and six. The branch involved was obviously the US Coast Guard. This Kevin Costner Ashton Kutcher film was a full blown collaboration with the US Coast Guard, who used it as a recruitment film disguised as a rescue drama. Real Coastguard aircraft, training centers, and even personnel were used to give it authenticity. In exchange, the filmmakers allowed the Service to review the script to ensure accuracy and proper tone. At a psychological level, the Guardian sells the Coastguard as not only life saving, but spiritually redemptive. It elevates the service from bureaucratic obscurity to divine purpose. Sacrifice becomes sacred, and discipline is glamorized. Young viewers are emotionally cued to associate water rescue and uniforms with honor, brotherhood, and personal transformation. Okay, she did that, I would say it did that. It fucking inspired me. I was like, damn, I might go join this.
Speaker 2: I was also like a huge Ashen Kutcher fan back in the day, not now.
Speaker 5: It was more of a story of a guy who was running from his past at his home that wasn't his fault at all, trying to make something of himself super far away from home, and because he was some sort of a stud swimmer, the cadre who was in charge of training him had to put him in his place. That seems to be the overarching theme in the movie. It was a Coast Guard recruiting tool, and good god, the coasts have not had a decent movie before or since, I might add.
Speaker 3: So, Yeah, nextly, we have clear and Present Danger From nineteen ninety four, the branches involved with the CIA and the Department of Defense film. This film, adaptation of a Tom Clancy novel, had support from both the Pentagon and CIA consultants. The government wanted to control how covert operations were portrayed, particularly the depiction of black ops missions in Latin America. While the film does does show some internal conflict and cover ups, the end message supports the intelligence community as being led by moral patriots like Jack Ryan. Subconsciously, it instills the idea that while bad actors exist in the government, the institutions themselves are sound and salvageable. Jack Ryan is the quote unquote good guy within the system. Within the system trope, conditioning viewers to trust the institution, not the individual players. Its classic controlled descent present present the illusion of corruption, but reassure the audience that the system has self correcting heroes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shouts out to Harrison Ford. One of the better roles.
Speaker 4: I might add, I don't think I've seen him in many bad ones, but yeah, clear in Prisent Danger, I was a banger of a movie.
Speaker 3: Nextly we have Argo twenty twelve. The branch involved was the CIA. Argo was made in close collaboration with the CIA, which used the film as a way to rehabilitate its image after years of controversy. The agency provided access to declassified materials, arranged interviews with operatives, and help shape the portrayal of its involvement in the nineteen seventy nine Iran hostage crisis. The former CIA operative Tony Mendez, was heavily consulted, and the CIA took credit for the successful rescue operation. The subliminal message is clear, the CIA saves lives, works behind the scenes, and deserves public gratitude, not scrutiny. If only, if only we could dress the CIA argo. Argo doesn't dwell on the political causes of the crisis or the broader Middle East chaos linked to US foreign policy. Instead, it creates a feel good narrative that humanizes the CIA and frames them as an international or as international problem solvers, not global medalers, which is actually what they are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the breakdown of this one.
Speaker 5: On November fourth, nineteen seventy nine, militants stormed the US embassy in Tehran, Iran. This is right before the Islamic Republic took over and all these things, right, this is around that time when the revolution was taking place and the Ayatola took over. But anyway, they took over the embassy, taking sixty six American hostages. Amid the chaos, six Americans managed to slip away and find refuge with the Canadian ambassador. Knowing that it's just a matter of time before the refugees are are found in like the executed at the US government calls in an extractor, Tony Mendez played by Benifleck, to rescue them. Mendez's plan is to pose as a Hollywood producer, scouting locations in Iran to train the refugees to act as his film crew. So okay, yeah, that's a story that actually took place.
Speaker 3: Apparently, all right, we're gonna keep on rolling to the two thousand and three movie called The Recruit. The branch involved was a CIA. This thriller was practically a recruitment film for the CIA. It starred al Pacino, and Colin Ferrell, with much of the plot centered around CIA training, loyalty tests, and espionage glamour. The CIA's Office of Public Affairs approved access to Langley and worked with screenwriters to ensure a compelling yet favorable image of agency life. The psychological message here is seduction. The CIA is mysterious, elite and for the chosen few, appeals to young, smart viewers who want to believe that they have a secret destiny. Even the betrayal subplot doesn't fully undermine the agency's aura, It only reinforces the notion that that trust is earned, not assumed.
Speaker 2: In essence.
Speaker 3: It's Harry Potter for spies, but with the CIA as hogwarts.
Speaker 5: Oh interesting, And it's one of those that tells you that, like, don't worry, the good guys always win, and don't you worry anything associated with our government is clearly the good guys. Completely go over the fact of the whole betrayal being an internal thing. Now there was like that, no, no, but the good guys won though, you know well, and this is the.
Speaker 3: Reason why so many people just blindly trust the government. If you think about it, it's really a lot of subconscious programming, as we're going over here that you know, I mean, the CIA wouldn't fuck its own people over. I've seen I've seen this show, or I've seen this movie. I know how they act. Meanwhile, it's literally those movies were fun and scripted to subconsciously send that message to you so that you don't question the authority, because now you have this belief via suggestion from a movie that you were hypnotically and induced into some kind of trans state in order to really go along, to get along, to trust the whole operation, right, crazy dude. Nextly, we have Meet the Parents. This is gonna be a funny one. Meet the Parents came out in two thousand. The branch involved was the CIA.
Speaker 4: Believe it or not.
Speaker 3: Meet the Parents had CIA consultation to help make Robert de Niro's XCIA character more believable. While this film wasn't a military recruitment ad, it subtly reinforced public intrigue and admiration for intelligence operatives, even in comedy. CIA advisors helped with backstory elements and dialogue to ensure that Jack Burns felt like a real retired agent. On the surface, it's a rom com, but dig deeper and you'll find messaging that frames intelligence agents as highly competent, morally upright, and even domestically protective. The underlying narrative is that even when spies retire, there's still the most dangerous men in the room, and we should respect that. The CIA becomes almost mythic. Even while you're laughing, I.
Speaker 4: Didn't get that from Jack Burns' character. I saw him as a fucking psychopath the entire movie. So I mean, yes, as far as having some sort of CI liaison on set to like make the character more believable, I get that with you one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: It didn't reinforce anything about like, yeah, man, you know the CIA, they're hardcore. I was like, he's a fucking psychopath. He's coming after this guy who is a actually good guy. He's going through his baggage without him knowing, he's tracking his movements.
Speaker 4: He's like, Yo, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: He has the basement that nobody knows about. And you get into the seat and everything right, and.
Speaker 5: They try to I think they try to make him seem like a Billy wall type character, which if anybody doesn't know who Billy Waugh is, highly recommend you look into this dude. This guy was operating from Vietnam to like into his late seventies hunting Osama Bin Laden and he found him multiple times with the US kept telling him to pull back.
Speaker 4: But there's a whole thing on that one true, but yeah, wild shit.
Speaker 3: It reminded me, like I this is how I kind of knew from an early age that like there's no such thing as an ex CIA agent. You know, like whenever you see that kind of shit, it's like are you are you?
Speaker 2: Do you want me to.
Speaker 3: Believe that there's no such thing as an x CIA agent, that you're always in it, even whenever you are spilling the beans and you know what I mean, Like, what's your fucking boy's name, the black dude with the dreads, uh Bustamante and Andy Boustamante. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't believe a fucking word that comes out of his mouth.
Speaker 4: Like I've said, I take him as a source for certain things, but I don't believe he's saying one truths pretty much ever, Right, you got to listen to the grain of truth that's there. Same with Sean Ryan. Yeah, he was a seal, but he was a CIA asset at one time. Now do I think he's still an asset.
Speaker 5: I personally don't think so, but I could understand why somebody would believe that and why you would need to take what he is saying with a grain of salt.
Speaker 2: Sure, agree to disagree on that one, but anyway.
Speaker 3: Nextly, we have the movie called Thirteen Hours, The Secret Soldiers of Bengazi that came out in twenty sixteen. The branch involved was the CIA. It's an unofficial cooperation though, which come on, it's obvious. While not officially endorsed by the CIA, Thirteen Hours was created with input from former operatives and serves as a kind of unofficial redemption piece for the agency. Michael Bay directed See what I'm Saying. It's always the same directors, It's the same actors. Michael Bay directed it with gritty reverence, portraying a group of CIA contractors fighting off an attack with minimal backup. Despite controversies over accuracy, the film shapes its heroes as professional, disciplined, and tragically unsupported. The subliminal programming here is that the CIA is filled with heroes who are only hindered by bureaucracy and or weak politicians. It paints the agency as competent and self sacrificing, even if officially abandoned. The audience walks away feeling admiration for the covert world, blaming external forces rather than the intelligence structure itself. It's a cinematic whitewash under the guise of a true story.
Speaker 5: No, you leave being pissed off at the CIA and feeling a sense of pride in the contractors, not CIA agents. The contractors who said, fuck that, I'm an American first and I'm a contractor second, who went in with no support after their CIA boss told them, if you go out there, you're pretty much losing your job, and they decided, no, fuck that, Americans are getting shot at.
Speaker 4: I'm leaving.
Speaker 5: You don't feel with a sense of pride towards the agency. Oh fuck, we talking about different structure for different folks. Not everybody thinks like you, Jacob. I think that you forget that sometimes?
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 7: Do?
Speaker 4: You watch the movie?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: I didn't know?
Speaker 4: Okay, go watch the movie. It's worth a watch, solid movie, and then look at the true story of what actually took place. You're gonna be pissed off that the agency was like, no, if we get involved, they'll come here next. It's like, I'm sorry, we have marines that are under fire and an ambassador that they're trying to kill. I know that I'm hired to protect you, CIA boy, but I'm also an American and I'm a former seal, So like, I'm gonna go save some American lives real quick, because you're not lifting a finger to do so, because you're afraid of your bureaucracy people coming after you. Like you're not. No, you don't feel pride in the CIA after that movie, that's insane.
Speaker 3: The next show or the next one is a show called as a CBS series called The Agency, which aired from two thousand and one to two thousand and three. The branch involved was a CIA. The CBS series or this CBS series was developed with direct involvement from this's Office of Public Affairs. The Agency used the show to normalize their operations in the public eye post Cold War and pre nine to eleven. Episodes were crafted to showcase CIA heroes combating international threats while sidestepping any mention of CIA overreach or failures. Interesting, this came out like right after nine to eleven.
Speaker 4: You know, the subconscious Patriarch was passed, I might add.
Speaker 3: Yeah, The subconscious function of the show was to implant the idea that the CIA is both ethical and essential. Every moral gray area is painted with nuance, but always leads back to the premise that's in quotes. They're the good guys doing the hard jobs that no one else will. It made surveillance sexy and espionage noble, all while conditioning the audience to cheer for intelligence over privacy.
Speaker 4: Yes, please spile on us harder, Governant, Daddy, please, yeah, please monitor my cell phone in my internet access even harder. You're such a good guy for doing it.
Speaker 7: What.
Speaker 3: Yes, the government is spying and listening in on every single conversation on my phone and through my TV and through all my electronics.
Speaker 2: But they need to do that because they care.
Speaker 4: It's like the husband that like gas what lights his wife's like, shut up, baby, you love being lied to. That's what this is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 3: Nextly, we have the show called Alias, which aired from two thousand and one to two thousand and six. See how they're all around two thousand and one. Here the branch involved was the CIA. Alias, created by JJ Abrams, starred Jennifer Garner as a CIA double agent. The CIA consulted on the series, helping shape Garner's portrayal and lending the agency a kind of glamorous credibility. Garner even prepared in a CIA recruitment ad that aired during the show, blurring the line between fiction and actual recruitment. The deeper psychological angle here was to feminize and humanize the intelligence world. Garner's character is emotional, loyal yet ruthless, giving viewers permission to empathize with those doing morally questionable work for the greater good end quotes, Alias also injected esoteric and occult symbolism oh shit, appealing to conspiracy aware viewers while steering them to trust the overarching structure of intelligence operations.
Speaker 5: So maybe I'm just speaking on behalf of myself here, but I feel like miscongeniality did a way better job of feminizing three letter agencies because she was an FBI agent, more than Alias did, like glamorizing it and all of that. Like Sandra Bullock did a really good job of making the FBI look like good guys on that one.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, no matter how much foreskin she puts on her face, oh.
Speaker 2: My god, that's real shit, that's real shit though, you.
Speaker 4: Laugh, foreskin on her face?
Speaker 2: Doug, Oh, yeah, like that's what she says.
Speaker 3: Like, she goes on interviews and people are like, Sandra Bull, how are you You're like fucking almost sixty years old, Like, how do you still look like you're in your thirties? And she goes, well, there's this thing and it's this lotion and it has this stuff in there. It's basically foreskin from babies. And everybody was like, what the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, heard that. That's fucking wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, it's fucking the higher ups get real weird. So nextly we have the Jack Ryan Amazon series from twenty eighteen to present, still going the branch involved as the CIA. So Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan got a sleek reboot thanks to Amazon and at green light from the CIA's media liaisons. The show promotes the idea that young, brilliant, morally unshakable analysts are protecting the world from chaos. Real CIA lingo tech and tactical operations were reviewed and approved for accuracy, adding an air of legitimacy. Beneath the surface, Jack Ryan functions as neo liberal spy propaganda. It teaches viewers that America's meddling and foreign lands is necessary and surgical rather than imperal and exploitive. Complex geopolitical struggles are reduced to good versus evil, and the show subtly reinforces the idea that technocrats with guns and degrees are the answers to global instability.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's totally the yep.
Speaker 2: CIA doing CIA shit.
Speaker 4: It's one of the most opinions. So I might say.
Speaker 3: Nextly, we have the show called twenty four aired from two thousand and one to ten.
Speaker 2: There's another two thousand and one show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, twenty four. That was a fucking good show when it was on.
Speaker 3: I remember that the branch involved or the branch is involved with the DoD and Homeland Security. Twenty four became famous for its real time thriller format and Jack Bauer's often brutal methods. Post nine to eleven, this show was held up by Homeland security officials as a cultural tool for justifying enhanced interrogation i e.
Speaker 2: Torture.
Speaker 3: While not directly funded, it was praised and promoted internally within defense circles for shaping public attitudes toward terrorism and surveillance or surveillance Rather, the subconscious effect of twenty four was in enormous. It normalized torture, illegal surveillance, UH, and preemptive action, desensitizing Americans to to the erosion of civil liberties. Bower wasn't just a hero, He was a patriot who had to break the rules to protect the innocent. The real message is, if you want safety, you must surrender oversight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude, fucking KEEFERD. Sutherland think he killed the role.
Speaker 4: Honestly.
Speaker 3: Oh, he definitely pumped it into the minds that you know, hey, we need surveillance.
Speaker 2: I cannot say that fucking word right now. There we go.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, it's it's been pumping that big brother. You know, they're just trying to pump into the subconscious minds of people that big brother has your back. It's not spying on you, it's spying for your well being.
Speaker 5: Which also, like, is torture still a thing that people are like about? Like, I'm cool with torturing bad guys. I'm good with this, I guess.
Speaker 3: So, Uh, nextly we have uh, this is gonna be a three first, So ncis, JAG and Hawaii five. Oh, the branches involved with the US Navy and the DoD These long running shows functioned as daytime soap operas for military pr All were developed with the support from the US Navy or Marine Corps, who use them to improve their image and increase incruitment or recruitment. Rather, the scripts are vetted to remove negative portrayals of military hierarchy or misconduct, unless they're quote unquote bad apple stories. The deeper programming is insidious. Loyalty to the military is framed as synonymous with patriotism, and justice is always served best with when the chain of command is obeyed. Corruption when it appears, is swiftly handled. Internally, these shows condition viewers to believe in the integrity of the institution over the reality of the whistleblowers cover ups or war crimes.
Speaker 4: That's fair.
Speaker 5: I mean a lot of the stuff that Jag had on the show is kind of like incis right, everybody loves NCIS and it's not a bad show going to shit on it by any means, But like, yeah, there is a criminal investigation unit within the military that handles things in house, but that doesn't mean that they're gonna hook you up. Because it's in house, you'll face federal jail time. For fucking around when you're in the military, so like it's it's absolutely a thing that takes place.
Speaker 3: The next show we have is or in the next I think. Yeah, as a show called Homeland from twenty eleven until twenty twenty, the branch involved was the CIA. Informal approval and post release praise from the CIA, Homeland was one of the most gripping modern spy dramas, with lead actors that include bipolar agents, double crossers, and global plots. Though not officially supported by the CIA, several former agents served as consultants, and the agency praised it publicly for helping explain the quote unquote real stakes of the War on Terror to the American public. It's subconscious programming is fear the foreigner, trust the system, even when it to you. Carrie Matheson's character, despite her instability, is shown as indispensable, a broken savior archetype who can't afford to play by the rules. It reinforces the idea that America's security comes at the cost of transparency and that some secrets are worth keeping.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was a That was a wild show. I only caught the first couple of seasons of it. I wish I would have sat and watched the rest of it, But yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: That was a good one.
Speaker 3: Here are some other military or DOO defunded or supported movies. So beyond obvious war films, the Department of Defense has inserted itself into many non war films with subtle programming. So mind engineering and control movies directly or indirectly supported were number one. Oh you like this movie, The Men Who Stare At Goats into the Yeah. While parody, it's based on the real First Earth Battalion psyops research declassified military experiments with telepathy, ESP and remote viewing, the script was consulted to avoid real military embarrassment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's We've talked about that movie before with the asher projection program that the CIA had and how that was again based on a true story with a lot of creative liberties thrown in. But yeah, that movie is fucking hilarious, dude, Jeff Bridges, George Clooney, the whole nine.
Speaker 3: Nextly, we have one of my favorite movies of all time called Inception, which came out in twenty ten.
Speaker 4: It says Noah's do d or CIA influence Dude.
Speaker 3: Well, it says no official do d credit, but Christopher Nolan reportedly received private guidance from intelligence linked advisors. The themes planting ideas, layering dreams, time dilation mirror known psychological ops tactics like MK ultra operation, artichoke, and dream manipulation research.
Speaker 2: WHOA damn, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I mean it makes sense though, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: It does?
Speaker 5: Like hearing that out loud and knowing the movie like we do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could see it. I could absolutely see it.
Speaker 5: But wow, I never even thought about the implications of if an intelligence agency had any kind of sway on how this movie was.
Speaker 4: Written, played out, edited, whatever the case. But that's pretty fucking wild, almost.
Speaker 2: A little sinister you think about it. Actually, yeah, like it's it doesn't make me feel good to know that, No, not at all.
Speaker 3: Nextly, another great movie, Limitless with It, came out in twenty eleven. It echoes DoD and dharpa interest in cognitive enhancement drugs. Several real programs exist that match the NZT concept. For example, moda Finil moda fenil, which is a modfinitely.
Speaker 4: Seen as the real life limitless drug.
Speaker 3: So medafinil in military use. Holy shit, I didn't know that that existed.
Speaker 4: It's not, and I don't know. I've never tested it myself. I would love to get my hands on some, but it is seen as the thing that the Limitless Pill was based off of. It doesn't from what I've been given to understand, It doesn't make you have one hundred percent of the power within your brain. But as far as being extremely acutely aware of your surroundings, being able to think through seriously complex problems. Now, I don't mean like you'll be able to goodwill hunting a Calculus equation on the board, Okay, nothing to that level, but the critical thinking to get yourself out of Harry situations and things like that. Like apparently medafinil is the.
Speaker 3: Sh well your brain only can process with what it knows. And so yeah, I mean, you can probably study calculus. You can probably get it really quick, but your brain's not just going to be like, well, I've never studied calculus, but now I know it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's not like magic or anything like that.
Speaker 3: But still, I mean, and that's what he did, like he studied the stock market and all that shit whenever he got on that right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly. And I've also heard that the come down off of it. They got that pretty accurate with the Limitless movie. Whenever you run out of it, your brain like is barely functioning at that point.
Speaker 4: So it's not like it's you don't get addicted to it.
Speaker 3: It's all speed in general though, like cocaine, adderall vivans, all like, it's all the same come down, it sucks, yeah.
Speaker 5: So it's not like you get these people that are like medafinil junkies who are like in rehab because of it, but their brain power never reaches what it could be unless they use it at that point. So it's like one of those things where if you take one every so often as needed, all right, cool, but if you start doing it daily for like a month, you're pretty much fucked.
Speaker 3: Nextly, we have Enemy of the State, which came out in nineteen ninety eight. This was an NSA centric thriller allegedly from a prompted the agency to shift public relations strategy. Many former Intel agents praised it as accurate, suggesting unofficial alignments.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen a lot of these kind of movies.
Speaker 4: Enemy of the States with will Will Smith and Gene Hackman.
Speaker 2: Oh I may have seen The Banger. Yeah, it's a banger.
Speaker 3: Next one and possibly the greatest movie of all time. The Matrix, The Sandlot The Matrix, Oh okay, yeah that too. Matrix came out in nineteen ninety nine. It says, while not do defunded, the film reflects deep, gnostic and MK ultra themes. Several DARPA advisors now reference it in real world projects about simulation theory and neural interfaces.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could believe that.
Speaker 5: I could believe that The Matrix had some some uh not coercion, what's the word. I'm looking for some influence from some government agencies for sure.
Speaker 3: Oh, how about these mafia and crime films that are less obviously under the direction of d d and whatnot says most mob films were not directly funded by the DoD but were allowed to proceed without interference because they reinforce a message the enemy is within and the government is trying to keep order.
Speaker 4: So I could see American gangster making this list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 3: But the first one that it mentions is Scarface from nineteen eighty three, one of the best movies ever made. Agreed, It says, not DoD funded, but mirrored the Reagan era War on Drugs narrative. The rise and fall of Tony Montana subtly justifies the need for harsh enforcement and DEA.
Speaker 4: Expansion, Right, Yeah, more expansion of the DEA. That's what we need.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, they're the ones that are pedaling it in.
Speaker 4: Two one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: That was done to fund the CIA and fund their shit because they stopped getting funding from the from potus, so they had to make their ends meet somehow. So you know, hey, why don't we just start selling drugs? Anybody ever seen uh you know, what was that other one with Barry Seal?
Speaker 2: Oh, I know what you're talking about. I can't think of it.
Speaker 4: Not American Gangster.
Speaker 5: That was the one with Denzel Washington and Harlem, but uh.
Speaker 4: Damn it.
Speaker 2: Was it a Leonardo DiCaprio movie.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking of. No, No Tom Cruise, Tom Cruise.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Uh so the next one that we're gonna get to is actually a trilogy, and that's The Godfather.
Speaker 4: No, No American Maid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the Godfather trilogy trilogy, it says, no known government funding, but allowed to exist because it bolts bolstered trust in US federal systems like the FBI as moral arbiters against end quotes Unamerican corruption.
Speaker 4: If you say so.
Speaker 5: The only time they did that was when they tried to bring in your boy Michael Corleone for a rico case that he beat so and then they showed how a corrupt politician killed a hooker and they had to cover that up to save his ass, and then in turn he scratched their back.
Speaker 4: So yeah, the federal governments the moral arbiters of stuff. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nextly we have American Gangster from two thousand and seven, fucking awesome.
Speaker 5: Movie, amazing and true story of how they were shipping the heroin back in the body bags and all of that from soldiers.
Speaker 3: You know, for real based on true events. This film was created with input from real DEA agents. It subtly showcases the criminal justice system eventually doing the right thing, reinforcing belief in checks and balances.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one of the best.
Speaker 3: Now we're gonna get to certain actors that are used for a lot of this propagation. So these are just alleged. There's I mean, you can kind of draw the lines, but I mean, obviously they're not gonna come out and say it, but it's kind of it's kind of obvious, so actors that were allegedly hand picked by the military entertainment complex. These individuals aren't just talented, They are chosen, promoted, and placed into rules that align with government narratives, whether knowingly or as useful instruments. Their careers have strangely benefited from their alignment with military intelligence and globalist messaging. Number one obviously Tom Cruise, So the government affiliation with the US Navy via Top Gun and the Department of Defense. Tom Cruise is the face of military glamour. He didn't just star in Top Gun, he became a walking recruitment campaign. Cruz reportedly worked closely with Navy officials and for both top for both of the Top Gun films, and his real life image is tightly controlled. His Mission I'm Sorry His Mission Impossible franchise also frequently cast the US intelligence apparatus as heroic.
Speaker 4: Cruse is well.
Speaker 3: The theory is is that Cruz is a controlled asset of the military Hollywood machine. He may not be a quote unquote spy, but he's a megaphone used to project high adrenaline, patriotism and masculine loyalty. His link to scientology may also be a key piece given its rumored intelligence community ties.
Speaker 4: I would say that it's not even a disputable fact at this point that his scientology ties absolutely has led him to where he is now.
Speaker 3: Nextly, we have Tom Hanks. The government affiliation would be the CIA and DoD connections through Forrest Gump, Charlie Wilson's War, Captain Phillips, and The Post so all military funded movies. So Tom Hanks is Hollywood's every man, often cast as the symbol of moral American virtue. His roles promote obedience, sacrifice, and trust in the system. Forrest Gump normalizes war, Charlie WARF's Charlie Wilson's War glamorizes covert operations, and The Post promotes the illusion of journalistic and independence while softening real government secrets. The theory would be that Hank serves serves as a cultural bomb soothing soothing the public with charm while pushing complex narratives that ultimately defend institutional power. His public persona as all Puke at this one, his public persona as America's Dad makes him the ideal subconscious influencer.
Speaker 2: What movie has he ever played as the dad?
Speaker 3: It's just that kind of guy that it's not necessarily a dad in a movie, but just like you know, the the the family man that you look up to because he's morally you know good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the whole the whole thing with him going to Greece to escape extradition and all of these things until the Statute of limitations went away on that one case and his affiliation with Epstein and all these things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that has not voted well.
Speaker 4: For his quote unquote America his dad image. Holy fuck gross.
Speaker 2: I know, puke at that one.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: Nextly we have Ashton Kutcher. So the government affiliation would be the intelligence community, the tech industry, and human trafficking task forces.
Speaker 2: So Coucher or Kutcher. I always say Coucher is just more funny, but think that's how you pronounce it, honestly.
Speaker 3: Ashton Kucher co found in Thorn, an anti human trafficking tech company which works with Homeland Security, the FBI, and Silicon Valley giants. He testified before Congress and has high level security clearance. He's also closely tied to CIA boosted tech networks through venture capital. The theory is is that while his celebrity background helps mask it. Kucher now functions as a quote unquote bridge personality, a Hollywood insider who has been absorbed into the intelligence world under the guise of humanitarianism. Some people suspect that he's being groomed for future political influence or tech gatekeeping.
Speaker 5: You know, he was in school to become I forget if it was a biochemical engineer or a nuclear engineer.
Speaker 4: He's actually a really smart guy.
Speaker 5: He quit that to do modeling, which led to him landing the role on that seventies show as the dumbass, right, but you know, all things aside, Yeah, he is extremely intelligent, and I know there's a lot of controversy around him currently. I don't know how much of that is accurate and how much of it is the Internet throwing shade. But yeah, as far as that goes him playing that role in The Guardian.
Speaker 4: I could see is like, yeah, his ties to these things, but he's not really tied in with other things. Well, with the CIA for the Thorn and all that stuff. Fair enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Next we have and this is just a couple of names, it's not gonna be all of them. Next we have Robert Downey Jr. The government affiliation with the DoD via Iron Man and Darba parallels. So as iron Man RDJ became a walking avatar for the Military Industrial Complex, Stark is essentially a DARPA dream, a billionaire tech entrepreneur who privatizes war.
Speaker 2: To make it ethical end quotes.
Speaker 3: The military approved the original Iron Man because of this very narrative, the redemption of the war profiteer within the system. The theory is is that Downey was reborn as a public figure only after being broken down and rebuilt by Hollywood's elite. His drug struggles made him malleable, and he was remade into the perfect symbolic military hero, arrogant but brilliant, flawed but righteous.
Speaker 5: That's actually pretty accurate. He he's viewed that way anyway. I'm I'm not saying he is or isn't, but yeah, I believe he didn't. He wasn't even allowed to receive one dollar for his acting on Iron Man until the movie was wrapped because they didn't want him to have a relapse in the middle of shooting or anything.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: The last actor that we're going to bring up is uh oh Ellen DeGeneres Ew. The Government of Affiliation would be soft power propaganda, and Pentagon celebrity liaison programs. Ellen isn't a war hero on screen, but she plays a crucial role in cultural normalization. She's hosted military personnel on her show, aired pro military segments, and has been used to promote social acceptance of the state through humor and emotional appeal. She was also given the Presidential Medal of Freedom. The theory is is that Ellen by Obama.
Speaker 4: By the way, how.
Speaker 5: About to say, at the same day he was giving him away like candy to anybody who is a celebrity. But yeah, sure that makes her some sort of a cisset.
Speaker 4: I guess all right, just keep swimming as they say. Wow.
Speaker 3: The theory is is that Ellen is part of the emotional siop branch of the entertainment complex, pushing unity, trust and institutions, and compliance through comfort. Her public fall from grace may suggest that her usefulness had run its course, or that she broke from her script, which makes sense because I.
Speaker 2: Think she's living in uh where's she living? Not Canada but Sweden. I think she's.
Speaker 4: Out of America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh good, good good, Fuck that bitch.
Speaker 5: But also, let's not negate her ties to Diddy and her ties to Epstein that have become very widely known and talked about in the last few years. So I've never saw her and thought to myself, wow, Cia is probably using her to make us feel some sort of emotion because she had military personnel on her show.
Speaker 4: There's tons of talk shows that do the same thing. What eh, well, I mean it's subtle, but it's not to say thing.
Speaker 2: It doesn't happen. But yeah, actually I just pulled it up.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 3: Ellen DeGeneres currently lives in the Cotswolds region of England, having moved there with her wife Portia de Rossi after leaving the United States once president once Trump was elected.
Speaker 5: The good she actually stood by her word and left. You know what, stay there. We don't want you back for it.
Speaker 3: No, it's just temporary. She's coming back once Trump's out off, she says.
Speaker 4: Fucks.
Speaker 3: So it says that they purchased a farmhouse in the area, reportedly worth eh eighteen million dollars.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, my god, yep, all right now the Diddy case is going on. She is not trying to be anywhere in America right.
Speaker 3: Now, right, Yeah, she was one of the main ones there and let's not forget about her set looking like fucking Epstein Island?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: Do I know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Okay, So just to wrap it up here, how the system allegedly works is five key points. Here for something for you to look out for for just anybody that's trying to keep that third eye all the way open if you decide to blue pill and watch a Hollywood movie. So number one would be the military script approval, so the DD and CIA reviews scripts and recommends or vetos certain actors.
Speaker 2: How about that.
Speaker 3: Next, you have Hollywood liaisons, so every branch of the military has a liaison to Hollywood, who also makes casting suggestions. There is number three, which is behavioral control, so stars with past addictions, scandals, or compromised private lives are easier to reshape into assets.
Speaker 2: Interesting how that works, isn't it? Apps fucking lutely?
Speaker 3: Let's see we got Number four is the media warship, so these stars are elevated to godlike status only to become transmitters of acceptable ideology. And then, of course there's a reward system, so those who play along get oscars protection and massive pr machines behind them.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's dirty, it's dirty.
Speaker 4: I mean, you.
Speaker 5: See how the Oscars are awarded and how these SAG Awards are actually handed out and all of these it's it's a rig system, like and we've known that for years. Leo DiCaprio made arguably the best movie of the year for like third teen years and never gott an oscar until he finally was given it for The Revenant, which wasn't a bad movie by any means, but like wasn't. No, dude, he could have he should have been awarded that so many times over, but because he wasn't quote unquote playing the game, you know, I guess, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think he could. He should have got it for Inception, maybe.
Speaker 5: For Inception, for catch Me if you can. For I would even argue Titanic.
Speaker 4: Blood Diamond, blood, come on now, blood diamond, Yes, but yeah, sure, Revenant, which again not a bad movie, and him being a vegan and he actually ate real bear liver on camera to make it look realistic, and like I'm I'm giving the respect and the props for they're due, but like, yeah, you could obviously see of the people that was awarded that every year and not him. It's rigged because certain people are part of the click, and certain people haven't paid their dues enough yet.
Speaker 3: I guess yeah, Well, that that leaves us with question of are they aware? So some likely know exactly what they're a part of, like Ashton Kutcher. Others may be useful idiots, willing participants who enjoy fame and don't question the machinery. A few maybe handlers in disguise, controlling others while appearing as fellow celebrities. Whether aware or not, these actors are part of a sophisticated subconscious engineering operation, a soft weapon wielded not with bullets, but with box office hits and Instagram reels. So, just to wrap it up here, when you watch a film or a show produced with government backing, you're not just watching entertainment. You're watching cultural engineering. You're seeing warfare not on a battlefield, but in the battlefield of the mind. The Pentagon, the CIA, Homeland Security, they know the power of narrative. They don't just want your money, they want your belief.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 4: It's all about right there, And I believe that as well.
Speaker 5: There's probably some that know exactly how they're being used and are.
Speaker 4: Completely fine with the tom Cruise. I believe he is fully aware that he is being used to sensationalize certain things, and he's fine with it. He doesn't care. It's whatever. What difference does it make to him if somebody joins the Navy because they saw top Gun, or somebody becomes an agent with the CIA because they saw Mission impossible. What fucking no skin is it off his nose? He's making millions.
Speaker 5: But then whenever you look at his ties with the Church of Scientology, and we did an episode about that operation that they did, right Operations snow White, where they infiltrated the CIA for the sole purpose of taking out valuable information on cases against certain members of the Scientology Church. Yeah, I think he's one hundred percent in the know, but he doesn't care. He's playing his role both on screen and off screen. Hey, I don't care where the money's coming from. It's coming don't question it kind of deal.
Speaker 4: And then there are certain groups or people like that are the useful idiots. They're just playing their role.
Speaker 5: Robert Downey Junior, for instance, he was this recovering drug addict and Hollywood elites brought him to a room one day and said, all right, kid, here's the deal. We're gonna give you a second shot, this whole rich and famous thing, but you're gonna play it our way or you're gonna have a crazy accident happen. And that's just how we're gonna be. We're not gonna soak millions and billions of dollars into a franchise with your name on it for you to go fuck off and ruin it all again.
Speaker 3: And think about it like this too. Iron Man was never the head of Marvel never ever, ever ever, right, But you get military industrial complex behind it, It's like that's their fucking stars, that's their superstar. I mean, you're not gonna be able to push so much Military industrial complex or DoD or any of these kind of things so much with like a Spider Man, you know what I mean, like maybe a little bit. I mean I know that there's there's probably some military shit going on in there too, don't get me wrong. But as far as tech and surveillance, is it surveillance or surveillance surveillance?
Speaker 4: So you said it, right, why do I fuck that up?
Speaker 5: To your point, Spider Man with the Green Goblin, he was a military guy. He was creating a thing to make him a super soldier. He had a glider, so like, yeah, you saw hints at it, exactly right. Or the other one with the Doctor was Octavia or whatever the octopus dude, doc oc, Yeah there's or what's the newer one right with your boy.
Speaker 4: Ship?
Speaker 2: Oh you're thinking.
Speaker 5: Of not the spider Man, the bad guy who played on Jack Frost Batman, Michael Michael Keaton. I say Keith for Sutherland. I knew that what was in the guy he talked Sutherland earlier. But yeah, Michael Keaton, he's using advanced military tech and he is salvaging it and selling it on the black market, all of these things. Right, you see subtle hints at it, But it doesn't send the same message as Tony Stark iron Man Stark Industries. That's a different conversation, kind of in the same flavor variety, but completely different intentions.
Speaker 3: Well and just as far as UH think about it, even from a psychological standpoint, dude, I bet you they they're they're diddling with the Doctor Strange script a little bit too.
Speaker 4: It's possible. I think I've seen it.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, fuck, I loved the Doctor Strange movies, but I don't doubt that there's some kind of government you know, interference going on in those. But anyway, all right, so the third eye all the way opened here, Uh, just to wrap this bad boy up. Not all propaganda where's a uniform? Even your favorite sci fi thriller may be laced with behavioral engineering. The best propaganda is entertaining, and it's hidden in plain sight. From scarfaces, rise and fall to inceptions, dream layers to the matrix simulation, you're being shown truth through fiction, so uh so, uh so you won't ask questions in real life. So the next time you feel inspired by a brave soldier or a daring spy, ask yourself whose story is being told and who benefits uh from your belief in it? Because if your third eye is all the way open, the screen isn't just a window.
Speaker 2: It's a weapon.
Speaker 4: I agree. Fuck god, this is a cool episode, dude. We talked about all kinds of crazy shit on this one.
Speaker 3: Fuck yeah, this was one of the more deeper episodes that we've done, and uh yeah, I love looking into the psychological fucking engineering of all of it, dude, because it's all mass hypnosis, which is the reason why I love you know, learning about all the you know, the hypnosis and the past life regression, because I mean, the best way to convince somebody something that they aren't necessarily convinced of would be through subliminal programming, right, And that's that was one of the key things of why I was so inspired by to even learn about that kind of shit, because I mean, once you understand how the human mind works, you're it's almost like, instead of battling through might, it's just you know, uh, learning neurolinguistic programming and the key of suggestion and and you know, stuff like that. Not that I do that within past live aggressions obviously from everybody, but I it's it's the same reason why on meta mysteries, I love looking into the occult and I love looking into dark magic and witchcraft. Not because I'm gonna do it. I just love learning how it works. That's it, you know. But yeah, dude, fun fun episode. I was happy that we were that I was able to bring this. You knew a lot about how the operations go, and you know, certain military movies and whatnot, So yeah, I mean, when you.
Speaker 4: Scratched the surface, there's tons of movies that go way further back, like there was a Navy Seal movie with Charlie Sheen in it from the early nineties that was a complete propaganda piece there. Look, there's a long list, long list of movies that have been done not just for military propaganda, or for agency propaganda.
Speaker 5: Or for just overall American patriotism propaganda. But yeah, the list goes on and on. These are just some of the ones that you good cult member listening might be able to recognize from the past twenty thirty years or so.
Speaker 4: So I thought this is an excellent take.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Look, and if you loved this episode, or you want to be able to reach out to us for anything at on, you want to be able to support the show, we have a couple of ways in which you can support us outside of Patreon.
Speaker 5: Indeed, the best way to message me would be on Patreon. The best way to message Jonathan would be on all of the other apps. Listen, we cannot promise that they're gonna get answered on the other apps. Okay, we get hundreds, if not thousands of messages on a daily and weekly basis, all right, there's just not enough hours in the day to have five hundred individual conversations go on every single day. Okay, that's just the way it is. However, on Patreon, when you send a message, I'm the one you get and I will be answering you. And if it is something that's more towards Jonathan, just say hey, this is for Jonathan, and I'll make sure he gets the message.
Speaker 4: We work as a tam like that. But if you would like to support the show in another way as well as support your own financial future, especially in these crazy times that we are living in silver, gold, precious metals, minted coins, bullion, this is a wise investment now more than ever. And the best way to get your start with the buying and selling of gold and silver bully and would be to go to Cocsilver dot com. The link is in the description below. When you fill out your information, our homeboy, Wayne Clark is going to be the one to reach out to you. He's our representative for the company and he is gonna get you squared away. Listen, I'm not saying that silver and gold is the way of the future and that you need to put all of your retirement assets into it. What I am saying is that a diverse portfolio is a happy and successful portfolio. Now I saying ten percent, twenty percent, fifty, I don't know. Okay, talk with your financial advisor and figure out what amount you need to have in precious metals. But every financial advisor will say that you need to have something in silver and gold. Now is the time to buy. Gold is a little over thirty dollars an ounce. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Silver is a little over thirty dollars an ounce. Gold is over three thousand dollars an ounce. It's still semi affordable to get your hands on some silver while you still can. Come check it out cocsilver dot com.
Speaker 4: Again. The link is in the description below. But another way that you could support the show and let us know what you think about this episode, all of the crazy movies, all the crazy shows that we talked about. We want to hear from you, good cult members. So what you could do right now, you take your two thumbs.
Speaker 5: We know you're listening on your phone, on your Spotify's and on your Apple podcasts, and you want to help us boost this algorithm and grow everything.
Speaker 4: What you could do is please hit that five stars, hit the shares, The Life suscribes the comments, the well postly review shares with the friends and family shares s if we're here's the deal. The more activity our algorithm sees across all of our listening platforms, the more we get promoted to more potential listeners who could then become potential cult members. Actor Steve. Fine, ladies and gentlemen, why are you ready? Go check out the metamistery Jonathan's other show and give them the same level of respect over there, the five star views and the positivity and the comments. Come check out the Cage to Night and come join each of us individually for our Wednesday Night lives every Wednesday Night on our patreons. Hen, we thank you for everybody's already gone and done so.
Speaker 3: And with that being said, this was another beautiful episode. I'm the Cult of Conspiracy and my name is Jonathan.
Speaker 4: I'm jagging.
Speaker 3: There's one very important, ectioningly vital piece of information we need you to learn just.
Speaker 2: As soon as humanly possible. Off that star.
Speaker 4: Hey, cult members, Jacob here just want to ask who wants better sex? The best way to get started is to go to Adam and Eve dot com. Right now, Adam Eve is offering fifty percent off just about any item, but that's not all. When you get one item, they will also send three bonus sexy items and six free movies. They offered a screet shipping as your privacy is a priority. Plus shipping on your entire order doesn't matter how much you spend or what you buy. All we packaged and sent discreetly for free. That's fifty percent off one item and ten free gifts to boot bring more pleasure and satisfaction into your bedroom. Just go to Adam and Eve dot com and select any one item.
Speaker 2: It could be an adventurous new toy or anything you desire.
Speaker 4: Just enter the offer code cult at checkout and you'll get fifty percent off almost any item, plus ten free gifts, three bonus items, six free movies, and free shipping. Use the offer code cult that Cult at Adam and Eve dot com. Now this is an exclusive offer specific to this podcast, so be sure to use this code to get you not just the discount and the free goodies, but also the one hundred percent free shipping with the code cult