Speaker 1: Y'all ripped off you you needed, that's who you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come.
Speaker 4: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino.
Speaker 5: Hello, I'm Tom Martino. Welcome to this show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. This hour brought to you by waterpros dot Net. If you want great water, then you call water pros. And water is the primary primary stuff we ingest. I mean, let's face it, even more so than food and supplements. And you can get your system for thirty one ninety five the best prices anywhere ever, and that's three oh three eight six two five five five four waterpros dot Net. That whole house system is drinking water, softeningetting, rid of forever chemicals. Everything you need water posts on that. Hey, Courtney Pierce is with me from Buy and Build. You know, I jokingly said about buy and Build one time when I went to his old warehouse. I used to call it a big ugly warehouse. And it's not being an ugly anymore. He moved, but it was still wonderful, And I said, I want my ashes spread in this store. It just it's just so much fun to get lost to that warehouse. And a lot of people still to this day, Courtney, even though you advertise a lot, they say, what exactly do you do? They don't know if they're going to see a warehouse a showroom contractors. If you had to explain to somebody. Okay, so you're at a community function, so mister Courtney Piers tell us about buy and build. What would you say, sir, Well, we're.
Speaker 6: A discount kitchen and bathroom cabinet showroom. What we do is we import directly from the manufacturer directly to our shops, so we avoid the middleman, therefore cutting out all the middleman costs of a distribute and we can save you a fortune on Now, we have over twenty colors cabinets to choose from.
Speaker 5: Okay, when people order cabinets, do they put them together, install them or do.
Speaker 6: You Yes, they can, so they come unassembled, ready to build.
Speaker 5: So let's flat. Yeah, literally, people.
Speaker 6: Lot them up in there, pickup truck, take them home, build them and instance.
Speaker 5: All cabinets come flat, A lot.
Speaker 6: Of them, Yeah, most of them do. Most of the imported cabinets do.
Speaker 5: But you never know officier contractors put them together, right.
Speaker 6: And we offer an assembly service and a delivery services.
Speaker 5: So there's two kinds of assembly. You have the assembly of the actual cabinets, then you have the installation the so both.
Speaker 6: Are labor and we do all of those.
Speaker 5: Do people save money by going with the flats and assembling and installing themselves.
Speaker 6: They do, But in a lot of cases it's you know, it depends how much your time is worth. And I think, honestly, the having us assemble them is definitely the way to go.
Speaker 5: All right, and then cut in the studio. If you're streaming, you'll see some handsome dudes. You'll see Deputy Chopper over there, and you'll see a major Mark Major in the center, front and center, and then Deputy Dollar. We call him that because of his financial career and he helps people with all kinds of problems. So, any of you guys working on anything we need to know about, Deputy das here with us. Anything that we need to know about. First, let's let's let's talk about that. Nope, okay, good, So we can go right to the phones and Mark, what did you say? Did you say anything? Okay, So what we're going to do is attempt to solve your problem, but sometimes we really just we can't solve it, but we help others who are listening. So, Robert, this is a smart meter question. I think smart meters confuse the heck out of people. So let's talk about smart meters. What's going on with you?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 8: Tom?
Speaker 9: Well, I've been approached by I think a representative from Excel Energy wanted to talk to me about signing up for a smart meter. I have been able to avoid it, but he's persistent, so I'm I need to educate myself and find out what you guys know about it.
Speaker 5: Okay, smart meters are good for some people and not for others. Smart meters are good for people that can plan their loads. When I say loads, we all have varying electric loads. Some people do a lot in the morning, some people do a lot in the afternoon, some people do a lot in the evenings. It depends on what you do and when you do it. If you can avoid the peak times, you get a lower rate. It's that simple. And the smart meter can tell when you're using the stuff and bill you accordingly, so you can actually save money. But at the same time it can all but at the same time, it can ding you for the busy times, whereas your other meter won't go ahead. What were you going to say?
Speaker 10: You can still get the smart meter and get the flat rate billing. You do not have to get the time of use billing through xl.
Speaker 5: Okay. Explain that again, Dragon.
Speaker 10: Getting the smart meter will save you money because they are going to start charging people who do not have the smart meter because they will have to send a representative out to your house to read the meter. So getting the smart meter will save you a little bit of money. But once you get this smart meter, they will automatically enroll you in time of use billing. So yes, the afternoon costs are going to be a lot higher than midday in mornings.
Speaker 5: Are you saying, can you opt out from the time of day of billing.
Speaker 10: Yes, but you'll be billed at a flat rate, which is higher than the lower rate billings that are in the time of use options.
Speaker 5: Okay, do you like Dragon? You've seem to know a lot about this. Do you like? I like time of use billing because I can control it. I mean, who can't you?
Speaker 10: I personally do not because I work in the mornings and I am home in the afternoons and evenings. So I'm going to use more electricity in the evenings, so I get a lesser bill in the evenings than somebody who uses the time of use billing. Say, if they worked in the evenings, so if they had like the reverse schedule, then I did, they would be saving money.
Speaker 6: I am not.
Speaker 5: So I want to know this is Is there going to be a time when we don't have the choice? Don't know? I think there is. I think eventually we're all going to be migrated to the smart meter. Did they say anything about that, Robert, No.
Speaker 9: That's what I wanted to find out if if I could try it and then if I didn't like it, switch back.
Speaker 10: Correct, Yes, you can. You're eventually going to be moved over to the smart meter or they are going to charge the charge of a monthly fee. You have the option to be on the flat rate plan or the time of use plan, and I think you can switch back and forth, maybe every six months, most likely every year if you don't, if you want to figure out what works best for you.
Speaker 9: So the peak probably during the daytime and off peak during the evening is that no?
Speaker 10: No, No, the peak time, no, just they're just the opposite, just the opposite.
Speaker 5: Think about when people use stuff when they get up in the morning, when they come home from work peak, it's usually when people are.
Speaker 10: Then off peak times are you know, overnight clearly and early mornings?
Speaker 6: Got it?
Speaker 5: Now, tell me what did you think of the presentation?
Speaker 9: Well, my wife has been able to avoid me having to talk to him. Yet she tells him I'm gone. So this guy's pretty persistent. So I thought, well, I better get he's going to be coming back. I'm better educate myself. So I've not had a face to face discussion with him yet.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, but they're going I'm looking here on Excels. On Excels website, they're actively deploying their smart meters. The initiative aims, they say, to enhance, of course, the time of use pricing where race will depend on when you do it. In Colorado, the PUC has approved their plan to install smart meters, and basically they're gonna but it doesn't say here that they're going to make you do it. If they's. Choosing to retain a non communicating meter will involve additional costs, but you should have the choice for a good long time. Still, So I mean, that's not what Excel says. That's another source, which is Reddit. You know, they say that people who don't do it.
Speaker 10: If you will spend one, they will eventually charge you that monthly service fee.
Speaker 5: So I would get one, and I don't know the the reason you've been avoiding? Is there a reason that you is it? Do you think you can't alter your use? Robert? Can you alter when you use? When you do your laundry and when you do certain things.
Speaker 9: I just avoid anybody coming to my front door. And so oh, I see, I see, and let myship well, sir.
Speaker 5: That that that could be a bad thing if someone's trying to save your soul anyway, So okay, so Robert, here's I want to take Mary and see what Mary has to say. Mary, what about you? What's going on? Mary?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 11: Yes, I live in langmant.
Speaker 12: And we have the smart meters.
Speaker 11: We do not have Excel in Longmont. And if you opted out, I believe it was like fifteen dollars a month more because they had to, you know, come read the meter. However, right, biggest reason a lot of people didn't want to use it was because it wasn't safe for your body, some type of waves, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: Now, now that sounds okay they're talking about they're talking about the wireless technology. But I listen. I know people are trying to avoid all of this kind of technology in general, but we have so much going on right now. That's smart meter. I'm sure you went to sites where they said it was linked to cancer and.
Speaker 11: Everything, right, Well I didn't because I'm not a conspiracy theorist.
Speaker 13: The other thing good they.
Speaker 11: People didn't want it is because they were thinking that like in California, if at four o'clock in the afternoon, oh.
Speaker 5: No, I get it. Yeah, the brownouts, Yeah.
Speaker 11: They're gonna shut it down.
Speaker 7: So that's why I didn't.
Speaker 5: You know what, I never thought of that one. That that's a good point. People are afraid of brownout saying wait a minute, you know they're gonna they're gonna control what I can use, when I can use when when push comes to shove, and that's a let's put it this way. I'm not sure that's in the cards, but that's definitely in the technology. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer, Excel roofing dot Com you don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Okay, it's Steve's turn now, Hi Steve, what's going on with you?
Speaker 13: Well, I'm going through the Century Link nightmare trying to get Now, how.
Speaker 5: Is it a nightmare? Tell me what's going on? Man? Tell me the whole story. What's what makes it a nightmare?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 13: It all started. You think just a transfer service to be a simple thing. Back on February tenth, I did a after hours so I did a chat and.
Speaker 7: With a robot.
Speaker 13: So I got past the robot, then got to a person, and then finally submitted to have our service transferred. Drop Love in Colorado down to Westminster. It was all supposed to.
Speaker 5: But hold on, but were you staying were you staying with the century Link?
Speaker 13: Yes, yes, just move in the service.
Speaker 5: Okay. So on February tenth, you called CenturyLink about basically moving. Yes, now why did you have to do that? Do you have Do you have broadband that you were moving?
Speaker 13: No, just the basic phone system. And what I'm doing, I'm trying to help up my father in laws.
Speaker 5: What do you mean a basic phone system? You actually have a landline?
Speaker 13: Yes, well it's my father in laws. He's ninety one years old.
Speaker 5: Okay, got it, got it right.
Speaker 13: He's moving to an assisted living facility and got it. So we're trying to move his move everything from Loveland down to Westminster.
Speaker 5: And this is okay, this all up.
Speaker 13: And I have all the documentations saying that they had the new address, they issued me a new phone number, and so on the twenty fifth, when it was supposed to come on, I get emails and text messages and saying, yeah, it's it's a done deal. The one in Loveland shut off and the one in Westminster is turned on. So and sure enough, they did shut off the one in Loveland, but nothing's working at the Westminster residents.
Speaker 5: Does it all just come down to that?
Speaker 6: What's that?
Speaker 5: Does it all just come down to that? Right now, you still don't have phone service at the new place.
Speaker 13: They'll they'll do not. I spend an hour each day trying to communicate with them that there's no there's no service. So they write a ticket and guess where they send me technician? They send him to Loveland where the where the phone shut off. They don't send him to the new get the new address working.
Speaker 5: Well, now you know why Sentry Link is on its way out.
Speaker 13: Oh surprise, they left this one.
Speaker 5: Look at uh let me let me tell you the real story here. The real story is the landline service is the lowest priority they have. It really is, and so you're getting the dregs of society. They they go out and find people who will work for food on the corner, and when they're not cleaning windshields, they have them switch phone lines. I really believe that you're not going to get the level of service you want, and it's going to be like this. Now we can call and light a fire and say, look, just transfer the stupid service. First of all, I want to ask some questions, some very basic questions. Is their service at the new facility.
Speaker 13: Yes, there is. I mean, how do you know, well service.
Speaker 5: I meant you know what I meant? Is it available there? Oh?
Speaker 13: Yes it is, Yes it is. I've seen it through their website and the previous residents they've had service there and most Okay, that lives in the facility.
Speaker 5: So is there a jack in the wall for his phone in his apartment?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: There is, and it's not activated.
Speaker 13: No, no doubt.
Speaker 5: Okay, I think, look, we can put someone on this. What were you going to say, bro? What were you going to say?
Speaker 14: So we do have a contact in whatever that I don't know the new name of the phone company. It's not it's it's not uh anymore. Yeah, it is Luminous or something. Is that what it's called.
Speaker 5: Well, I know our angel is. Our angel works for Lumen and they help with century Link issues. So do you think you can give it to our angel? This, of course?
Speaker 14: Or what I worked a previous I worked this century case Central in case a few months ago and Sue sent me this guy's contact information. He was good, he was very helpful in resolving the situation. I'll be happy to do that again. But stee, if I do have a. I think a much better idea. You can just go to a cellar store and open a cellular service account and port that number from Century Links so that your father in lawved won't even have to change his phone number. And if you're concerned that maybe a cell phone is too small for him to operate, they do sell these giant old style phones that look exactly They're designed especially for old elderly people who look exactly what traditional cel phone, traditional house.
Speaker 5: Is it like that? One time's got I knew I was gonna hear some craps, So so you know, that way you can get Century Link out of your life forever and the cell phone service.
Speaker 14: You know, he can take that with him if he if he if he goes somewhere to the park or to you know, to the story.
Speaker 5: What do you think about getting him one of those? Do you think he would do? You think he would reject it because it's wireless.
Speaker 13: No, he wouldn't. He wouldn't reject it. He's tried it before, and there's he just didn't have the motor skills to do it. He's ninety one, and his fingers. For some reason, it won't even work on a touch screen is Steve.
Speaker 14: Well, that's why they.
Speaker 5: He doesn't have the body temperature.
Speaker 14: You're saying, oh god, but Steve, take a look online. Can look at these old style phones that look just like old house phones, except their cell phones. They're made for people like this. I mean, please consider that if and if that doesn't work.
Speaker 5: Such a hassle free, then you don't have anything installed. You don't have anything to unwind if he passes or when he passes. It's really something that would be easy, immediate.
Speaker 14: And same phone number. Yeah, just poured it and the cell phone store will.
Speaker 7: Be about it.
Speaker 13: I don't know that it would work for him.
Speaker 5: I just really don't because of his dexterity.
Speaker 13: You're saying, yeah, just because of where he's at in life.
Speaker 5: What kind of a phone? Let me ask you this, what kind of a phone does he have that you're afraid he won't be able to do the.
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 9: What does he have that he likes?
Speaker 13: What he has now and what he's familiar with is a cordless Panasonic phone that he's had for a long time, and he he knows his way around that and anything new.
Speaker 5: But but Demitria is saying that these other phones resemble that exactly. They resemble those You should just go you should actually.
Speaker 15: Go to a store and look at it. Can he go to a store and look at it or not? No, I've seen them online they're advertised or Walmart. Maybe maybe Walmart. It doesn't even have to be Central Link. Who cares what it is?
Speaker 14: Well, yeah, that's my point. It's not going to be Century Link. It's going to be a typical cell phone company like let's say Verizon or T Mobile, with a phone.
Speaker 13: That looks exactly like the old and they're in their apartment they have, you know, very very well like my AT and T service is very like one bar in their career.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he just simply watched the old school guys. I mean that's what he wants. I understand, bro. But Consumer Cellular specifically makes a phone for seniors and they have a plan for twenty bucks a month and they have a phone. It's something look into he wants. He doesn't even know what he wants. Mark, he wants a phone. What he wants is the phone he can operate. And he's afraid he can't operate one of these new smartphones. And I understand that completely, But these are not like little smartphones, they're different. They have regular numbers, and I said, they just seem to be more how do we put it more user friendly for older people? So just give it a try now if you want, we can call our friend over at this lumit that it's called right now, we can do it.
Speaker 16: That's true.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on a second. I'd like, okay, well, d can you take this and send it over to the angel?
Speaker 6: Take it?
Speaker 14: And by way, Becky is on the line. She's got another suggestion for Steven.
Speaker 5: Becky, what is your recommendation?
Speaker 12: O there?
Speaker 7: So I've called you before.
Speaker 12: I'm a nurse and I've had a lot of my seniors get the phone. It's clear, Captain, Yeah, what is it?
Speaker 7: A larger phone?
Speaker 12: It has large numbers and they actually can pick up the call and read what everybody is saying.
Speaker 7: It doesn't have to do a cell phone.
Speaker 12: And it's free.
Speaker 17: Ali has to do with fend can get online.
Speaker 5: So is there? Is it real time? Is it real time that they're reading it?
Speaker 7: Is?
Speaker 5: I wonder if that's actually practical. I mean, you're actually talking to somebody.
Speaker 12: A lot of my seniors use it.
Speaker 7: They install it, they show everybody how to use it. It's super easy.
Speaker 14: I don't understand why this is a free service or is Are you saying the console is free and then you pay a monthly fee.
Speaker 12: I think it's free because they.
Speaker 5: Why is it? WHOA would tell me what you're looking at? D? So what is it called? First of all? I want to look it up too. It's called clear Captions. All right, let's talk about it. Coming back. I got I gotta take this break Clear Captions right after this. I'm Tom Martinez three O three seven one three eight two five five. Don't forget Genesis Total Exteriors for mold detection and remediation. The honest people in mold really and truly Genesis Tootalexteriors dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Courtney Pierces with us from Buy and Build. Somebody wants to know them if they want to redo the bathroom. You sell cabinets, you sell You changed your model from what it was before. And I want to be very clear on this. So you sell cabinets and you sell countertops and vanities and all of that. Mirrors you sell or Nope, we don't sell mirrors, and we don't sell light pictures either anymore.
Speaker 6: Right, No, we do not.
Speaker 5: So you're really counters in cabinets.
Speaker 6: Yeah, cabinets and countertops for kitchen and bathroom. We have the best prices around and we decided, you know, that was our specialty, so we decided to just concentrate on it and get even better at that service.
Speaker 5: So how do the countertops work? Do you guys fabricate them there?
Speaker 6: We do well, not on site at our shop, but we have fabricators that we work with on of one particular company that does all of our installs for us, and they are fantastic. It's the first time, I can actually say that with confidence in the last ten years. Oh, it's hard and are really good. They're responsible, they're clean, they're on time, and they do a very very good job.
Speaker 5: And so this is so if I want to have a bathroom done, and you do the cabinet part and the fawcett part in the countertops part, so does my contractor go to you or do I go to you?
Speaker 6: Either way, if you come to us as a customer, we can offer you the whole turnkey situation.
Speaker 5: Ken, that's what I want to know. What do you mean turnkey?
Speaker 6: So basically from scratch we can come into your bathroom and.
Speaker 5: Do the whole thing. We could do the whole thing, even the stuff that you don't sell it, buy and build.
Speaker 6: Well, so the stuff we don't sell it, buy and build. My cabinet installer does occasionally do side jobs with other materials. He can do tile, he could do stuff.
Speaker 5: But he can source toilets and sings.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, sourcing the product is different than the installation part. Okay, right, But the customer we obviously work with some trade partners. We try to get people the best deals. We count on everything.
Speaker 5: So so if I come to you. So you guys can handle it all and you can arrange for me to purchase the fixtures where I need to correct.
Speaker 6: And then yes, our installers will come in. They, you know, will handle the whole installation of your cabinet, your countertop, your sink, your faucet, all that stuff.
Speaker 5: How long you've been in business now.
Speaker 6: We've been in business over twenty years, about twenty two years now.
Speaker 5: I remember when we first got together. It was really pretty cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, twenty two years of saving Denver money. A lot of people don't stay in business for that long. We've been competing against the big guys for a really long time and our customers.
Speaker 5: I mean, at one time you had that big, muddy parking lot. So right now you have great parking, great building.
Speaker 6: Yep, beautiful, beautiful showroom with tell them how to get dictions. We're just south of Alameda and we're just west of I twenty five. So at five sixty South Lapan Street, you're to take Alameda to Lapan, turn south and look for the giant orange and blue building. Very easy to find.
Speaker 5: So explain to us guys how this captioning thing works for people. So if someone older gets it and they get a phone call, they look at the screen and they pick it up and say hello, and then the screen will read out what the other person says. So the other person says, hello, this is Mike. You know are we still on for lunch? Right? And then they respond verbally, okay, that's pretty cool? But why is it free time?
Speaker 14: According to the to the Services website, it looks like the government pays for it. Their authorities derived from the American with Americans with Disabilities Act, and then FCC somehow has this process. I didn't get into the details, but essentially the FCC administers this program and somehow the government ends up paying for the telephone service.
Speaker 5: It can't be that expensive, right, Well, everything is free so the phone no, I meant as far as the government providing it. So although everything the government does seems to they seem to pay too much. Except now, like Mark once pointed out, how many presidents do you know they get on the phone with Boeing and negotiate Air Force one that I don't think people are used to having a business person in office and watching the negotiations that go on. They think it doesn't have decorum, They think it's they think he has no class. They really don't. They don't know how to deal with them. They're used to people and all of the past presidents. Yeah, but you're just.
Speaker 18: Talking about the elite. Man, that's not most of us. You're talking about the elite. No, I'm not talking about I never talked about most of us. You're right, But I'm talking about the people who criticize. Say, you know, President Biden would have never done that, or President or Obama or even.
Speaker 5: You know Bush. There was a decorum they had, and Trump doesn't care about it. He I mean, I'm not saying it's a bad thing. He wants people to see how the sausage is made. I don't think the Washington elite knows exactly how to deal with this. They don't like the swamp being not just drained, but they don't like it being exposed. I mean, these guys think about the billions and billions and billions of dollars that have been distributed to friends. We still don't know what happened to that money that went to the Ukraine.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we don't know what happened to more than half of it. Zelensky said, Hey, all we got was eighty seven billion.
Speaker 6: I don't know what happened to the rest.
Speaker 5: But they must be able to trace it for God's sakes. Well maybe anyway, I'd like to know that. And then we want to talk about a follow up. And again, I'm not going to get deep, deep, deep into this problem. I promise you it's going to be okay. Well, I promise you we're not going to dig deep. It's the one you so dug in and song yosh about. Hey, Paul, but what did Paul want want to talk about? Paul? We got a break too, Susan starting. We'll take this break, Okay, We'll just come back to him after this. Zero three seven one three A two five five eight eight eight Heating dot com High efficiency heating and air. Start thinking about air. You won't beat the prices he guarantees at the lowest price for high efficiency replacements eight eight eight Heating dot Com, the number is three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find Out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three two five five. Paul's got a comment on that senior phone.
Speaker 19: Go ahead, Paul, Hey, Tom, thank you checking my call?
Speaker 6: How are you hey?
Speaker 5: I'm doing good man? What's going on? Do you know about these phones?
Speaker 19: I do?
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 19: It's called the clear Captions. My grandmother is ninety nine years old. She still lives at home and it is doing fantastic.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 19: But you can't hear squat Wow. So we got one of them.
Speaker 5: Wow. Okay.
Speaker 19: It's completely free, and there's a couple of catches. You have to have a landline and you have to have internet. But when you call and order it and then they set up an appointment, the phone shows up at the house and then they set up an appointment and a guy comes out and sets it up for her. Because they have to active, they have to call into the very good call center and they have to activate it and go through some questionnaires and stuff like that, probably for billing purposes, which we didn't see.
Speaker 5: Does it sit on does it sit on a counter or desk? And does it sit on a counter or desk or does she.
Speaker 19: Yep, we set it.
Speaker 7: Up so that it could sit on her kitchen table and it runs on Wi Fi.
Speaker 19: And then we added another jack so we'd have cords running all over the kitchen so that it could be at the table.
Speaker 5: And if she wants, can she have two of them?
Speaker 19: Uh So we called and asked and they said if they approved it, they'll send one, but they never did.
Speaker 5: Okay. So so the way it works, how does she know it's ringing? It's a light.
Speaker 19: Out and and it does have a light, but also all the other phones in the house ring as well, but the ringer on that okay, stupid, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: Loud and it's and then she goes over to that phone.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 5: When she goes over to that phone, does she press a button or does she pick up a handset?
Speaker 19: Whichever she wants to do both she can do either one okay. Just like it acts like a.
Speaker 5: Noise and the screen is always Does she activate the screen or is it always activated?
Speaker 19: Always activated? And you can control the brightness of it. It's a very intuitive device it has and she can still good for some the other line and there's a slight delay and it's just like voice to text for your texting on your mobile phone and it shows up.
Speaker 5: What do you find it? Do you find it to be very convenient? Do you think it's really viable?
Speaker 19: Oh, that's the only reason I'm calling in and talking to the world man, because I think it's great if you have somebody that is hard of you. Okay, there's a fantastic product.
Speaker 20: Yes, hey, Tom, I have an addition, the go ahead, so he knows and everyone knows. All nine one one cent have to have that in case people call.
Speaker 5: What do you mean I have to have what.
Speaker 20: They have the same type phone that will show up and do the PRINTO for them.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I want to ask something on these phones? Are the buttons big or like if she wants to make an outgoing call, how are the buttons?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 19: Probably almost one inch square?
Speaker 5: There art Oh my goodness. So it's really user friendly, really user friendly.
Speaker 19: And their physical buttons on the near the headset not a touchscreen. It's physical buttons.
Speaker 5: Yes, So where do we find it?
Speaker 19: Clearcaptions dot com. I know I sound like a commercial, but I didn't remember what the name was, so I just google it.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: I like it, bro I like it. I like that clearcaptions dot Com. I mean, these are real solutions we're talking about every day. Clearcaptions dot com. Okay, cool, thank you very much. I mean, I I just I just think that it really fits the need for people, and the demonstration on the website shows it very well. All Right, we have more coming up. We have Courtney Pierce at Buy and Build Buy and Build dot net, and we can answer your questions about any remodels or we can talk about anything you want on the Troubleshooter Show. Three O three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped Off.
Speaker 2: News need advice so you don't have come running just as fast as you can. Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No Tom Martine, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. This hour brought to you by Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com for market valuations of your home. So many people before they want to sell, they they wonder what is my house worth, what will I get, what will I net? What can I buy? Frank does all of that free of charge. It's not a gimmick. He will do it in a full readout with all of the factors, and it's not a contingent on any obligation on your part. Three oh three nine to zero six twenty two. Frank Duran, the real Estate Man dot Com. Courtney Pierces with us from buying Bill. We're taking your calls as well, and your calls are welcome at three o three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. You can call us twenty four seven uh with that number and leave a message and we will get back to You can also call our number right here, right now three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. And of course you can text us, so you can text the iHeart app five seven seven three nine. Just that's the short code. So if you text something there, we will get it. You put Tom in there and it comes to me and that is five seven seven three nine. You can also text me directly at the the Google voice number I have, which comes directly to my cell phone, and it does seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine eighty. So listen, this is odd I got. I was asking people for their opinions on movies with agendas? What movies did they feel have agendas? Somebody wrote in, and I wrote, I asked this yesterday. Somebody wrote in and said, otto, did anyone feel an agenda with Auto? With Tom Hanks? I did not feel any kind of message they were trying to get across. What did I miss there? Anyway? Another one when you ask people questions on what they think is a priority for America, And you were going over what they think about Trump's actions and their priorities. I'll bet you a lot of these questions are not posed properly, and they're posed by people who want to show that Trump is doing a good thing. But I bet there's a many people as many people opposed to what doing. I'd like to know, actually, what is there to be opposed about right now? I mean, I don't want to hear pontification and rhetoric and you know, stomping campaigns. Something. I want to hear something specific. What has he done that's so terrible? Save billions of dollars for the federal government, shut down crime and corruption. How about he shut the border down?
Speaker 18: Remember when Biden said, oh, there's nothing we could do without Congress.
Speaker 5: I mean, what a lion sack. I think poor Joe Biden was the worst you could It's just not the right time in his life. It really wasn't, and they could have he was going to go for another four years, Oh my god. And I was convinced he was going to Now somebody said that because the tax increases are so high, the state of Colorado is offering homeowners low interest loans. Have you heard of that? What? No for their taxes? Do not do not for.
Speaker 14: Their what they're offering to finance your tax?
Speaker 5: Build? Yeah? So your home? Yeah what that's awful? Well, I think it can be awful, right, what if you don't have a choice? Now they say it's coming in a postcard anyway. Three zero three seven one three eight two five five. So let's talk to Courtney Pierce. Buy and build. It's a it's.
Speaker 18: A Colorado property tax deferral program. The programs allows eligible homeowners to pay back property taxes with a low interest loan. That seems like a slip. That's that's a way of them owning your house.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so as far as buy and build, I like places where you save money. I like where you save money. So I guess I'm just gonna simply ask how much you save Courtney. Let's just let's just name it. How much do you save you when you say you can save money, well.
Speaker 6: I can give it to you more of a percentage than that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably like you to give me examples. I'm going to give you an example that we were doing a laundry room at Steph's house and we did a laundry room, and we priced it at home depot and I couldn't believe it. I think it was coming with the cabinets and countertops and stuff. We're coming to around fourteen grand. Now, people, I want you to sit down. This is the truth. Now. That wasn't labor. That was materials. Oh there was a okay, yeah, that wasn't That wasn't. No. Actually there was some installation labor in that, just some minor installation because the but but anyway, let me get right to it. I don't even know if you remember. It was like a fourteen hundred dollars purchase we made with you guys. Yeah, fourteen hundred.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, we see.
Speaker 5: No, Dmitri, I know you think that's crazy. I'm talking about fourteen Granted, we bought everything we needed for fourteen hundred. Now we paid labor and all that involved. But the total price compared to the total price, so we had fourteen versus the total of I think it was thirty eight hundred and four thousand.
Speaker 14: That's almost just the sales stacks of that's almost just the sales tax of what you would have paid for it at the big bub.
Speaker 5: You find that all the time, don't you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when people come in with bids from other stores, especially the boutique stores, we absolutely crush it. I had a gentleman come in and gave me, you know, the lowest bid. After he went around to a bunch of stores. He goes, this is the lowest bid I could find. And he said his lowest bid was like twenty six thousand dollars. And It's like, in our whole history of doing business, I have never one time gotten to twenty thousand dollars on a kitchen installed with countertops. Ever, and granted he had a very very big kitchen, and still we were able to save him a fortune.
Speaker 5: Now, somebody says, and again this is for the HASI TOSSI. We have everyone that listens to this show. We do not discriminate. They have a Loach hornea carenoe a kitchen. I guess that's high end stuff. Do you have cabinets for the very high end?
Speaker 6: We have a really nice line of cabinets. We do not have that brand.
Speaker 5: But no, no, that Lockhorne I believe is for the appliance. Is I believe. I'm not sure, but it's not necessarily. I don't know if they make cabinets, but they meant that trim level.
Speaker 6: Yes, we just got in a brand new line called the Petite Line and it is the new most modern looking cabinet that we've got. It's very very popular in the market right now. And we've got four colors now in the Petit line. Soft closed doors, soft closed drawers, finished interiors, glass doors available, all sorts of different accessories available. Just you could absolutely put them in a million dollar home.
Speaker 5: Okay, and nowadays you know it doesn't take much to have a million dollar home. So if you are looking for high end fix and flip whatever, you have it all.
Speaker 6: Yes, we have fix and flip level cabinets as well for your your small fix and flippers that are just doing a smaller house and trying to get a maybe even rental cabinets. We have construction grade lines all the way up to the super elite lines.
Speaker 5: Okay, that is an appliance company, La Carnoe. It's a it's it's apparently like this one oven. I think Mark might be interested in this. It's a fifteen nine hundred.
Speaker 6: Just for the oven. I do have a cabinet would match that color perfectly though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now there are some odd colors coming out. I suggest people go with white or with wood and you're or with even a distressed look, I think you're you're taking you're taking a risk when you go out on these wild color.
Speaker 6: Green we play off for them, but the wood tones are coming back in now we have six color.
Speaker 5: They always did.
Speaker 6: Options back There was a time where all we had was whites and grays and blacks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but whites are still in and solar woods, so they never really go out. And then what about though, the eggplant and the blues and dangers stuff.
Speaker 6: I do offer them as a special order product, but I feel if you stock them, you're putting yourself in the bund to potentially as that popularity goes away and the you know HG's you know Home Improvement Network says that's not popular anymore. You're out of business on that color.
Speaker 5: And by the way, when you're doing a bathroom, you maybe want to consider renew Home Innovations for the shower conversion. They do porcelain sheet walls. Wow, I mean, that is an unbelievable product. Renew Home Innovations, They're glad to give you a free, no obligation estimate. They can do it in two or three days. You have several financing options as well, low interest. That's renew Home Innovations dot com three oh three nine zero four two thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez here three three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. And when it comes to a house, I've always said the two things that make or break a house. Oh, I think there's more than two. But kisses meths are definitely important, but so are floor coverings. When you walk in and the floors all look like crap. Now, a lot of people would rather that they take a house and really do the finishing touches as opposed to someone else trying to do it but not hitting the mark. I see them mark just a little. I actually prefer either it's done to perfection or it's not done at all, and I don't want it in between where I have to undo or redo things. So, Cordey, I'm asking you at Buy and Build Buy and Build dot net, do most people are they remodeling or are they doing a new house or are they getting a house ready to sell? So remodeling would be they're remodeling a house, just their own house. Another one is they're getting it ready to sell. Another one would be or are they fixing up the house they just bought.
Speaker 6: So I say, a pretty good mix. We have a lot of homeowners that are looking to absolutely remodel their kitchen so they can enjoy a new kitchen in their home. We do have a lot of investment property owners that come in and do the fix and flip thing with us, because we kind of are a fix and flip supply house.
Speaker 5: And when you say you're a fixing, fix and flip, why is that because it might give the impression it's not really good stuff.
Speaker 6: Right, Well, really it's because the price point. Again, you can fix and flip any level house, but the price point on it. You're trying to make as much money as you can when you're doing a fix and flip, and if you can save money on materials and labor to install those materials, your profit goes up. And so simply, I would say a good forty percent of our customers or investment property owners that come in regularly and buy cabinets from us to put the houses on the market and make the kitchens look great because it's one of the best selling points of a house as a kitchen and a bathroom. And then the homeowners that have decided we're going to stay in our home and we want to make our home look beautiful, then they will remodel their own kitchens, in which case they'll buy a higher end cabinet, have the install they'll be a little bit more picky on all the details and stuff than the contractors will that are doing fix and flips. But at the same time we can accommodate both quite confidently.
Speaker 5: Okay, And that's really important because people come in with all kinds of stuff and do you get mostly homeowners or mostly contractors.
Speaker 6: I'd say gets split recently it's been mostly homeowners. We've had a big wave of end users is what we like to call them, the people that are going to install it and use the product themselves.
Speaker 5: LJ. What is your question? Hello? LJ three zero three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five Welcome. What's going on?
Speaker 21: Well, I have a question. My mom has a house. It's an older house in Denver, and it's about eight hundred and fifty square feet, two bedroom, one mass and she is getting up an age, and I know that it's going to come to a day where we've got to sell that house. And I'm wondering, right now, did you.
Speaker 5: Say did you say the whole house? Did you say the whole house is what size?
Speaker 21: Eight and fifty square feet?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah.
Speaker 7: Now they have.
Speaker 21: A big lot. It's an older home. They have a huge lot to where you could definitely add on another room. But I'm considering whether I need to budget now that if I need to, if I should consider redoing it to try to sell it, or just, you know, when the time comes, sell it as it.
Speaker 5: Well, let me ask you, that's a good question, and there's a way to analyze it. First and foremost, How does it set in the neighborhood as far as prices or decor or condition. Is it better than most or worse than most? Or are they all about the same there?
Speaker 21: I would say I wouldn't call it worse as most. What happens in her neighborhood is there have been some people that have done some remodeling, but those houses, you know, I don't believe they're going to be resold for a while, and so she's gonna look like it's a downgrade relative to everybody else. There's probably three or four homes.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying is what I'm saying is when you go into a neighborhood, you never want to buy the most expensive house in the neighborhood. You want to buy the least expensive house in the neighborhood, even if you want to fix it up. Would your guy's house be the most expensive or the least expensive or somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 8: Somewhere in the.
Speaker 21: Middle based off of that assessment, Yeah, somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 5: Okay, So it's a chance for people to get into that neighborhood. Is that neighborhood considered HATSI TATSI is that neighborhood considered really classic? Is it desirable? Tell me about the neighborhood, because that's going to dictate what you do.
Speaker 21: The neighborhood is pretty rundown, it's not. Basically, she is Alameda and scared him and where she's at so the old okay, so not very not very attractive, right, she's in properly.
Speaker 5: Okay, here's the bottom line. You should not put a dime into it because you're never gonna You're never gonna predict what people want. You're probably gonna overspend, You're definitely not gonna underspend. So no matter what, you're only putting money into it, you're not gonna get back because people who buy that house is most likely going to be a scraper or it's going to be exactly what it is, an eight hundred and fifty square foot rundown house that they want to live in because they can't afford anything else. What is the price point on that house right now?
Speaker 21: It's crazy. That's around three eighty five, is what the price point is.
Speaker 5: Do you think you could truly sell it for that.
Speaker 21: No, I think we're probably going to be somewhere just north of three hundred thousand is what I think three fifteen to three twenty.
Speaker 5: If you were there, I would have Frank durand the real estate man dot Com. I would have Frank doing an analysis. It's not going to cost you a dime, and he'll run through it and he'll let you know what it will bring you. He really will. And I wouldn't put a dime into it except very basic stuff like if the front door lock doesn't work. I'm talking very basic. That is not a neighborhood where you can predict what people are going to want moving into it. Most people are just going to move in so they can have a house. It's going to be a step up from a mobile home.
Speaker 21: Okay, yeah, great point. Okay, that's that was my thought too, because I'm like, you know, we got approached by one realtor that said, oh, will we'll pay to have it remodeled if it needs it, and then we'll take that out of the price of the home. And and I just don't see how that's.
Speaker 5: No, don't ever, don't ever do that. Those are high Those are high interest charlatans. These people that come in and want to handle everything and control everything. Remember, the more they want to control the less. I want you to trust him. Get franked around the real estate man dot com. Just get him to come in and to list it. That's it. He'll do a market analysis first, then he'll tell you what he thinks it'll sell for and you can take it to the bank. He'll get way more for that house than you ever believe was possible. I'll bet you. I'd love for you to do it and let me know, all right. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Thank you man, I wish you the best. Okay. That's the way it is when it comes to houses. If it's in a neighborhood that supports it, you can spruce it up a little, but never try to predict what a buyer will want unless you're going to redo the whole house like a fix and flip. You should not bother. Now, this could be an excellent fix and flip maybe, but you don't want to ever try to predict for yourself if you're selling a house and you just want to get get rid of it, because look at it this way, if you proportionately make the same profit, what good is the additional investment. It's no good. It's just additional risk, So that's why you should not do it. Three o three seven one three eight two five five more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Margino, your troubleshoe three oh three seven on three talks seven on three two five five. Danny has a tome wants to talk about selling a house. We were talking about selling a house and what not to do or when not to invest a lot of money. Go ahead, Danny, what's your comment?
Speaker 7: Hey? Good morning? Okay, so h a good friend has a house. Eventually it'll be for sale. It's the Abban, Denver, a suburban of Denver neighborhood. So, sir, so the house hasn't been touched since seventy six. It was built in sixty three, Uh, remodeled right before they bought it, and it hasn't been touched. So it's a seventy six.
Speaker 5: It was built in sixty three and remodeled in seventy something seventy six.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and so okay, it was built and so well, I've done a lot of construction. There's a lot of little uh things that need to be done, some of them.
Speaker 5: Danny, let me ask a few questions. What size? What size is this house?
Speaker 7: Oh, it's a two story, a two story. Uh, it's a two story writer house. If you if you're familiar.
Speaker 5: Writers, I know what writer is. Yeah, yeah, writer.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 5: But what I want to know is about how many square feet? Oh?
Speaker 7: Shoot that Oh, I don't know the square feet.
Speaker 5: It's got three uh how many bedrooms?
Speaker 7: Okay, three bathrooms, two upstairs, one downstairs. Uh and uh it's got one two four bedrooms, one mask for three and four bedrooms, four bedrooms, all with closet.
Speaker 5: Four bedrooms, four bedrooms and three baths.
Speaker 7: Right, and then it has a living dining room, small kitchen. Uh, living dining.
Speaker 5: Room and uh, okay, so what is your question? What is your question?
Speaker 7: Look, I heard what you said to the other person. You have to be very careful about doing anything to the house, like this house needs a lot of t LC. But you want to be very careful about anything you do, for example.
Speaker 5: How are the main how are the main mechanicals in this house? Was ever furnaced don or water heaters or anything like that?
Speaker 7: Right, It's got good furnace, good water heater. Uh. The the UH in the three bedroom, three bathrooms. The UH vanities are like the luck Hard Deco from the seventies because supremo and they look great. Some people might not love.
Speaker 5: Well however, Yes, So so here's the deal. What are those houses? What are those houses selling for? Roughly in that neighborhood.
Speaker 7: Well, there was a redowne small ranch house with different at all like this one. It was totally rede. It was sold are you and a half ago? And a guy who bought it tried to flip it. He totally redid it, and he wanted eighty eight thousand. He did it really a primo and he was only he wanted eight hundred and eighty eight thousand it originally sold. He bought it for six hundred and twenty six thousand. He it was sold. They sold for seven hundred and seventy eight thousand. It was valued. That's okay, seventy nine.
Speaker 5: Did they owe money on this house?
Speaker 7: No, No, it's okay, said, okay, perfect.
Speaker 5: So what I would do, I would see hold on. I would first of all call Frank Drain, the real estate man dot com and get an evaluation. But I don't think I would put money into it at all. There's no reason to put money into a home. People like doing that, they really do. The only way I would put money into a home is if I was going to do the whole thing now. If it needs some obvious things like carpeting or paint, stuff like that, you could do. But I would not invest big money in that house.
Speaker 7: Well, I was going to ask you about the carpets. They were high, there were premium curpets in seventy six. They'd least, you know, they last a long time. They were built in seventy six. But they're worn. I don't think they'd even look good if you are really had them professionally done, shampooed, and they wouldn't look good. They're worn. Would you replace them? It's hard to tell because that's a lot of money.
Speaker 5: I'm actually I may do. I may do some carpeting, unless the whole house has to be redone. Then I wouldn't bother. I would sell it as a fix and flip. You'll get good money for it. Proportionately. The money you invest does not necessarily come out on the other end.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Zillo. If you look on Zillo, this house they drove by, took a picture and said it's that's six hundred sixty eight thousand or something. Then they haven't seen the inside. That's what they just put on it. So how does this suze in this area? They're asking about eight hundred and eighty foum. They start off at eighty.
Speaker 5: I think you can. Listen. I think you can sell to someone who wants to do a six fix and flip. You sell it for around six hundred and fifty, and I think you'd be fine. But I think you need the expertise of Frank Duran. Listen. That's why I talk about getting an expert in there. Not someone who's trying to sell you, not someone who wants to, you know, rip you off, but someone who has your best interest at heart, who will give you an analysis of that home. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two is his number three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Okay, Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com. Yes, sir, quick.
Speaker 7: Question of Tom Okay, okay, there's a problem. We don't know exactly what it is. There's a problem with one of their dreams. It might be roots. Now you have to you have to fix something like that.
Speaker 5: Because ninety three or free pardon okay, explain it Mark, Mark explains.
Speaker 18: A plumb line in for ninety three bucks. They're going to come out and clear that drain ninety three dollars and if they care, they don't charge. Yeah, or it's going to either be free or they're going to clear it. And then if it's something major, they'll give you an estimate on it. Then you're gonna know what it is.
Speaker 5: But again, you don't even have to do you don't even have to do that kind of repair unless you want to. If it's reasonable, you can do it. But it's okay to sell stuff with problems. I mean, that's what when people buy a house, an older house, they know they're going to have to fix things up and you give people allow for it now if it doesn't cost a lot to fix, Yeah, it should be fixed if it's going to show up on an inspection. But Danny, I think you're you know, at least you're asking the right questions. I would my first call would be to Frank drandreal Estate Man dot Com. Then I would call plumb Line Services to check out the sewer. And again, just because it's slow drains doesn't mean you have to redo them all again. It's really going to be what they find. Okay, we have more coming up. Martha wants to talk about Excel Energy insurance, which I hate. We'll talk about that and more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three all three seven one three Talk Martha. So what's going on Martha?
Speaker 3: When my good friend Tom invite me to call you. I receive a lettered from Excel Energy Protect shown planks from home server. A Yes insurance for exterior electrical covirash and exterior worded service line covidrash forty full year sixty four dollars fifty five things All right?
Speaker 5: Hold on, Martha? Was this being sold by Excel.
Speaker 3: Belettered? Be lettered has the Excel I slash protection planks from home server And they say they don't offer it, but they refer me to dark company HomeServe dot com.
Speaker 5: Okay, d company, And did you buy it or not?
Speaker 3: That's it. I want to know if it is worth it or not.
Speaker 5: No, No, it's not worth it. How about I just put it very plain, it's not worth it. Now. I have a video on it on YouTube. I also have one on LinkedIn. But in a nutshell, it is absolutely not worth it, not worth it. I go through it. I actually go through it in detail as to why it does not work and why it's a ripoff. I'm looking for the video right now. I can tell you. Let me just stop the sound here, and I'm going to tell you though it is a ripoff. You do not want to buy it. It's that simple. They have too many exceptions. There is just really a bad idea. I don't know how else to how else to put it. It's just a bad idea. I'm looking for the video. I'll find it in a minute. Here and my videos, let's see, okay, let's see. It's okay. If you go on YouTube, you can search for let's see, Excel Energy is pushing crap. In fact, it sucks. And I can actually play this later on to talk about why you should not buy it. But that's it in a nutshell. Do not buy it, do not fall for it. It's not worth the dime, let alone what they want for it. Okay, Dimitri has an update, but I don't think we're gonna have a chance to get to it all, so we're just gonna have to tease it. But it has to do with that woman, Chelsea. Chelsea who had a used car. She bought with a used car warranty and it had a transmission failure within one hundred and sixty days miles, I'm sorry, within one hundred and sixty miles. And she took it into a mechanic that she likes, she's been going to for ten or fifteen years, and she told the mechanic I have a warranty. The mechanic went ahead and fixed it. The warranty company said he didn't follow the proper procedure. So we're not paying and we don't have to get into a long debate as to who's responsible for what. But there is a resolution. What is it, Dimitri? Go ahead?
Speaker 14: Well, Tom, you may recall that yesterday we had another spirited discussion about this on the air, with you and me and Mark all having kind of a divergence of opinions. So during that time I emailed both parties. I sent them a proposed settlement, and what is it, which is, Hey, how about if Nichols Automotive charges Chelsea issues are consumer that called in this matter just to cover their costs, their labor costs, their power costs, and would Chelsea find that to be an acceptable resolution to this matter? The reason I wanted them both to, or the reason that in my view they should both contribute something to the resolution is that I felt like they both mismanaged. I don't mean this critically, but they both mismanaged this process. So they both have some their their their fault to some degree each of the more. And so this morning I followed up and I got an email back from Nichols and James over there said that they discussed that offer yesterday, they agreed on it, and they're both pretty satisfied with, uh, you know, with what I just presented. So they're they're currently working on getting it finalized, getting it paid, and getting Chelsea's car back to her.
Speaker 5: How much was did we know what you find? Yeah, we don't happen to know that.
Speaker 14: The reason I didn't try so hard to find out is I don't want to broadcast what Nichols you know, markup and profit margins might be.
Speaker 6: I feel like that's that's.
Speaker 5: Probably Was it a substantial saving, Well, I'm sure it is.
Speaker 14: The bill was six and a half thousand dollars, so I would imagine that about half of that has got to be costs and the other half has got to be you know, a reasonable profit margin for a for a repair facility.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, you know that's wonderful, and I'm hoping I can give you my dinger. Hold on a second, because it's hard to get my.
Speaker 14: Dinger so much better than Mark's idea from a few minutes ago.
Speaker 5: There's my dinger for Dimitri.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 5: We have Courtney Pierce with a spine Bill. We have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Stick around, go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your cup bridge at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped news need advice?
Speaker 2: Who you don't have? Come running as fast as we can show Shooter's gonna help Come.
Speaker 4: MANX is the Troubleshooter Show Now, Tom Martinez.
Speaker 5: Hey, welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five. Entering our third hour of the show, solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints, and we are truly making progress for people. If you call with a problem. Now, we don't solve all your problems, but here's what we have done. I look back at my call sheet here and my database, and according to our database, about eighty percent of the time we have a positive impact. That doesn't mean a complete solving, but somewhere people have places to go and things to try they didn't have before. Twenty percent are hopeless, eighty percent we can make suggestions and in positive impacts. Now of the entire amount, about twenty percent get everything back they wanted. Twenty percent total success, eighty percent positive impact, twenty percent nothing. But that's okay. But I think even on the twenty percent where we don't do anything, maybe tell someone where they went wrong, it does help others. Some people are helpless, Tom people want to be Have you noticed the syndrome I call it when people call us and they already have the solution they want in their head, and they try to paint us into a corner where we can do where they will take no other suggestion except the one they feel is the one that they should do they just want to be right or Tom they just want to be right? Yeah, but we still I think we still feel a really important purpose. Then. I think when people can just unload it and get it off their chest, I think they feel good about it. I really do. And I am sure that people listening. And I know they are because they tell me what they do. They listen and they are saying to themselves, this is what I would do, or you totally mishandled that, or you handled that perfectly, because everyone has a different way of how they would handle something. But I think for the most part, we get it right. So Courtney Pierce is our guests today at Buy and Build. Now, Buy and Build has changed its focus over the years. They used to have everything up there. You walked around like in a flea market, and it was all good stuff. Now they've narrowed it down to counters and cabinets and plumbing fixtures, not fixtures like toilets and sinks. But what do you call faucets and all that? Okay, now let's talk Courtney about So you do have sinks.
Speaker 6: We have sinks. We have lots of different types of sinks. We have vessel sinks under mount kitchen sinks. We have bathrooms. Are they a deal? Yeah, they're a great deal.
Speaker 5: Unbelievable actually, But you don't have tubs or showers. No, And toilets you don't have We got out of those as well, okay. And no light fixtures nope, okay. So you do have references for those things though, if people want.
Speaker 6: To well, what we try to do is we try to keep you the customer, out of the big box stores and try to keep you in the secondary market, into the small businesses. So when we find other businesses that are smaller, local companies, we try to keep customers one saving money and two out of the big box stores because the corporations don't need the money as much as the little man does.
Speaker 5: Now, I remember one time telling this story, and I told the one about my of course, I told the one about my laundry room, and it was true. But I think that the other part is this story. I once had somebody walk in my garage. It was in a house I owned in Littleton. It was in what I called my load up phase. People go through different times of their lives where they load up on houses and cars and you know, things to make them feel whole, and this house was beautiful in and of itself, but in the I wanted to buy some workbenches. So I went and looked at what do you call those? Those they're not stainless, but they're steel cabinets, you know. They they sell them at a lot of the big boxes. What do they call those again? And their diamond plate?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, we're talking about the actual cabinets, and the actual it comes in like kits and configurations.
Speaker 6: We had a line of those for a while.
Speaker 5: We sold it auction and then they come usually with you compare them with butcher block workbenches. So I remember pricing this out, and I had a pretty bad, big damn garage, and I wanted to make a certain section of it an l section. I wanted to make a workshop. Twenty four thousand dollars for ironclad Is that what they called it?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I think that is correct.
Speaker 5: Anyway, twenty four thousand dollars for this diamond plate stuff, along with some butcher block twenty four grand. So Courtney was there doing other cabinets for us in the launder rooms and stuff, and he said, why don't we just price out your garage, and I said that would be pretty ostentatious, having a Quaker line of cabinets in the garage. He said, look, if you get it cheaper than the iron Clad, what difference is it? A God, I forget, but I swear to you that garage and we did have it installed by them, that garage with granted workbench and all of the cabinets and upper cabinets where it was like twenty four hundred to twenty eight hundred bucks. Now listen, I compare that to the iron Clad at fourteen grand or more.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a long time or.
Speaker 5: Twenty four grand twenty so anyway, this was about I don't know, twenty five years ago anyway. So I had them put it in. People would walk in and be stunned. They'd say, oh my god, and they're thinking, you know, how ostentatious. And I'm thinking, you don't understand. I saved money over the big box for this. I wasn't ostentatious at all. I saved money. Sounds like, oh my god, But you see, these things are still happening now. Maybe not that the total prices are differ, like the higher ones are higher and the savings are higher. But they're all proportionately still savings, right, yeah, don't you still have big savings?
Speaker 6: I mean absolutely. The prices of cabinets have gone up exponentially since COVID and shipping and all that other stuff. But compared to other people, why can you do that? Why can you be so much lower?
Speaker 5: Profortunately?
Speaker 6: It's because I don't use distributors. I buy directly from the manufacturers.
Speaker 5: So what does that mean? Is it a second?
Speaker 6: It's not. It's a brand new material. We order, you know, eight hundred to eight hundred and fifty pieces at once. It comes in an ocean container overseas from Vietnam Lands and California. We have it delivered directly to our dock and we unloaded ourselves. So in most cases, what people are doing they're buying from a distribution facility in Denver somewhere where it's being you know, middlemanned and marked up about twenty to thirty percent before. The wholesale price is what the distas.
Speaker 5: And then the contractors mark it up again.
Speaker 6: Correct, And so wholesale is basically what a distributor sells it for to a store. And since we don't use a distributor, we can sell our product at under wholesale to the public without any memberships or anything like that.
Speaker 5: Pretty cool, man, It's way cool. So these are true stories of how I was able to outfit a house and save money. But people thought I was extravagant. And I'll bet you he hears that all the time. Now, when is your next auction?
Speaker 6: We're trying to plan an auction for late May or early June. We don't have it on the calendar.
Speaker 5: You decide what's going on the auction, so.
Speaker 6: It really kind of depends. It's kind of funny, but when customers build a kitchen themselves and they measure it themselves, we'll get home and they'll realize, oh man, this twenty one inch cabinet's not going to fit. I need to get an eighteen. So they'll come back, they'll return the twenty one built, and they'll buy an eighteen and build it themselves. And then I have a built twenty one inch cabinet sitting in our showroom that occasionally we can work into somebody else's kitchen. But in a lot of cases, after you know, six months, we'll have a surplus of cabinets that have been returned, and then we we'll take brand new cabinets and build them next to it and configure a kitchen around the pieces that we have built that are all still brand new and perfect shape.
Speaker 5: So are you doing a fix and flip or maybe you're fixing up your dream home or something in between. If you want to talk to Courtney about anything he does or has, you can call three h three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five, or give us a call with any problem, question or complaint. Remember that's our purpose here is to answer your questions. And one of the purposes of one clear Choice Garage Doors is to do your wonderful garage doors. One clear Choice doors dot Com the best garage door company I've ever met. They come out and make sure your garage is running perfectly with an inspection around eighty or ninety bucks if you're moving into a house, or they can simply come out for any kind of repair. All of their prices are on their website. One clear Choice doors dot Com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, I'm Tom Martino. You're a troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two four. Okay, I have something I want you to hear about the I posted about the public service or the Excel Energy thing. Hold on. You may have recently gotten noticed with your utility bill that Excel Energy is offering some kind of warranty for a few bucks a month for all the systems in your house. I've looked into them. I don't think they're a good deal, and Excel is not the only company offering them. Now, let me explain it. They say waterline coverage, sewer line coverage, appliances, et cetera. But there are so many conditions. For example, if your property is used for commercial purposes, Hey, what does that mean? That excludes this house? You have a home office. It could disqualify me, or it does if things were not installed according to manufacturers spell how many times? How do you even know they're things until you make the claim and they look for a reason not to pay. Probably most of the next thing, it's only for things damage due to normal wear and tear, not an accident, not a negligence claim. What's negligence? You didn't take care of it? What do you have to do to take care of it? They don't tell you. There are all kinds of conditions though, trust me. The next thing, coverage provides for repairs or replacement of parts. Only your systems will not be replaced. That goes for HVAC damage from accidents, negligence, or otherwise caused by you. Listen, wildlife, others or unusual circumstances are not covered. What the hell? What's an unusual circumstance? They don't tell you. That mean damage caused by you, wildlife, others, or unusual circumstances. Who defines that? And when? Yeah, after you have a claim they define it. What about this? There are things that are not covered, but all it says is additional exclusions apply. So when you look at these Please notice they're not doing it to be your friend. They're doing it to make a profit. Nothing wrong with that, but you've got to be aware of it. Now. It says full terms and conditions, costs on covered repairs may exceed the benefit limit, in which case you pay the difference between the cost and the benefit limit. But listen, what are those to be defined at a later date? You see, what you're doing is you're buying a pig in a blanket and you don't get to peek under the blanket, but it's still a pig. I'm Tom Martine. There you go. That's what I think of the Excel Home warned. Jeez, they are terrible. They're terrible. And I don't think we've ever had people call pleased with a warranty on a house. Now. They're not the only bad ones. Every single home warranty is bad. Why do I say it, Mark? Why are they bad? Why are they bad?
Speaker 18: Well, basically because a lot of times they don't pay, I mean that's what it all comes down to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But and you don't get to know until you put in a claim. So you pay a premium based on how many systems you have and how many appliances you have. So let's say they base your claim on ten systems and appliances ten. Let's just take that number. But three years down the road, one of those systems was not installed according to manufacturers specifications. They won't cover the damage. Yet you've been paying for the past three years on that item. Will they refund the money, nope? Will they discount it going forward? Nope. So now another year down the road, something else goes bad and they figured you didn't treat it right or some other reason. An unusual circumstance, you get to find out what is covered after something breaks down. Think of that. Think of a contract where you sign a contract and ask what's covered, and they say, don't worry about it. Whatever we say is covered, whenever we say is covered, and we'll decide at the time it breaks down. So how do you know you're paying a fair premium? You don't. You absolutely have no idea what kind of coverage you have. I have been preaching this for years and years and years. That goes for Blue Ribbon, that goes for Excel Energy, that goes for any kind of warranty, and there's something very easy people can do to make it right. Very easy. All you have to do is have an inspection of the home. How about that? And when you have an inspection of the home, they can zero out everything that's covered. If something isn't properly installed at that time, it's excluded, so you're not falsely paying a premium on that item. See but that would be too honest, that would be too straightforward, and they wouldn't make enough money. The way they make their money is charging you for things they will never cover, but they give you the illusion they are covered. Now, you should copy and paste this whole segment to people, because I swear to God, there are so many people buying these useless warranties. What are they charging these things? Twelve bucks a month, nineteen bucks a month, different. It doesn't matter what they charge, they're useless. The best thing for you to do is inspect your appliances when you buy your place, and then just keep track of your have maintenance done and have it done properly. Don't depend on some company who says I'll take your money now and tell you what's covered later on. Oh, just trust me, don't worry about it. Excel, you know what you are a travesy? What a terrible company. I'll bet you when people finally have choice, they're gonna flock away from you because you suck. Excel Energy has to be the worst company for customer service, the worst company for a steady power, the worst company for response to emergencies, the worst company I have ever encountered, and we're stuck with them. But someday these franchises won't be so protected and people will flock away. I'm Tom Martino. We have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I don't know, Hi, Tom Martino, You're trouble shooter three oh three seven one three talk. Let's go to the phones and uh find out what's going on with Tom? Tom? Go ahead, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Hey Tom?
Speaker 8: How are you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm doing good? What what's going on?
Speaker 8: So I had of question. You had a gentleman I believe his name was Barry, and the thing was called Vestera Turnkey.
Speaker 5: Yes he advertises with us, Yes he advertises with us. It's called Vestera Turnkey.
Speaker 8: Have you I mean, honestly, the claims that they make, because I'm starting to look more into it, but their claims that, you know, a fifty percent return or forty something? Did you were you able to verify any of these claims, because yes, that sounds well.
Speaker 5: Let me let me let me clarify that I didn't see it on paper. But when you said verified, I talked to clients who've gotten those returns. I can't tell you I did an audit or anything. You know what I'm saying. But I've known Barry for so long and these clients are all telling the same story. And it's, by the way, thirty to eighty percent. And the average whole time is anywhere from a year and a half to three and a half, and it's not difficult to understand how they do it. Like, for example, I'm going through one right now, I'm buying a house, okay, and I'm doing it through my company through where I'm taking people who don't want to do the minimum investment and they want to break it up and be partners with other people. I suggest, if you're going to do it, is always better to buy the house and own it on your own through vest Era. But there are people we're offering slices of a home if they don't want to do the whole thing, So you have choices. But let's say you have the average seventy five grand investment. He hooks you up with a house, usually from a builder or a relatively new home, and they close on it quickly. They get a great deal. They do it for low commissions, and then they get a management company to rent it out and they really babysit this and sell it when things are starting to sell, usually in a subdivision. When you buy from a builder like we're doing, what happens is the subdivision hasn't picking up traction yet. So Barry looks for these key opportunities and then once a few homes are sold and people start living in there. The rest of the homes starts selling for more money, which gives you more money for your resale. So it's really a game of buying and selling. You don't make a lot of money on your rent I think on my one rental, I might make one hundred bucks for the year, literally pays for everything. But the appreciation is where you make the money. Now, obviously market appreciation is not guaranteed, but he's not failed so far.
Speaker 8: Okay, So here's returns based on market appreciation, not more of a rental cash on ken.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's right. That makes me more exactly.
Speaker 8: Right, that makes more sense.
Speaker 7: Okay, makes more sense.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what you're paying for, you're paying for their expertise and their management, and you kind of sit back. I'm doing one right now, I really am. I'm doing one right now, and I'm sitting back, and I'm doing the payments through my LLC. My LLC is called Vesteria one LLC. I'm going to be doing Vesera two, Vesara three, Vesara four. And the only difference between me and you, if you were an investor with Vesteria is I'm going in with three or four owners, and you'd be going in on yourself with yourself. But I just offer that alternative for people that want to get their taste of it, but they don't want to do the whole thing. But you're asking me if it works. So far, everything I found shows me that it works and people are happy. In fact, I have not talked to one person unhappy, and I'll welcome the call. I will never turn down a call if someone said I did that and it was nothing like I was promised, but it just doesn't happen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Because you know, I owned about eleven properties here in Denver, and I was doing my math, you know my rentals, like I get about six six and a half percent. Half for HOA and taxes and everything, it's about four percent. So when I started listening about these things, I was like, oh, wait a minute.
Speaker 7: That doesn't make any sense. How could it be ten x of that?
Speaker 8: But okay, now I get it.
Speaker 5: That's well, Tom, I want to ask you something. I want to ask you something. I bought a two story home that is phenomenal, a brand new home, beautiful home on a big lot. And I could go on and on and on about the amenities. But I'm buying it for three h nine. Well that's that is a home that would go here for four fifty to five hundred easily, easily correct. Now, I want to ask you something though, For you to be a success in the rental business right now, you had to have bought these years ago, right, yes, because people who try to get rentals now in Denver, they have rocks in their head.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And then and like I said, the six percent is based on today's market value, based on my cash. Yeah, that I purchased them about eight years ago.
Speaker 5: A bike. Give me an idea, Give me an idea. I want to give me an idea of your best purchase.
Speaker 8: There is there's one single family that I bought for two hundred and eleven when five about ten years ago? And okay, about five fifty five sixty single family?
Speaker 5: Good? What is your endgame, Tom? What? What is your endgame?
Speaker 8: Retirement?
Speaker 5: Okay? So Tom, well, who manages these houses? Who manages his house?
Speaker 8: I have a property manager that handles all of these for me.
Speaker 5: I always say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. So if you're getting good returns and you have good management, and you have a good system, we'll just milk it and sell it. But people always wait too long to sell. They think, oh, it's so high, it's going to go up higher. And one thing, you have you done ten thirty one exchanges?
Speaker 8: I haven't done. No, haven't sold any of the units yet. No.
Speaker 5: Okay, well there's a ten thirty one exchange. You can sell a unit and exchange it for another one if you ever want to do that, And then you defer the taxes. You're not going to get out of pay in the taxes, but you'll defer them. But it sounds to me like you're pretty smart and you have a under control. This is for people who don't want to manage a house. They don't want to think about it. They just want to invest their money and let someone else worry about it.
Speaker 8: I kind of figured that I just wanted to play it. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything, just so I'm like, man, I really know a little bit of the game. But I was like, I cannot be missing that much off the game.
Speaker 7: But apparently no, no, no.
Speaker 5: In fact, in fact, I'm only going to make like one hundred bucks in positive cash flow of the first year, the second year and third year look better. But you know, rent, at least for these houses, rent is not the game. It's equity appreciation. Three three seven to one three Talk is our number. Thank you for calling Tom. If you have any questions, go to my Biggest Return dot com. We're going to be doing a seminar on the fifth. Barry and I will be talking about it. Okay, so go and sign up my Biggest Return dot com. I'll be there, Barry'll be there. We'll be talking about investing in these homes My Biggest Return dot Com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, You're troubleshooter Trio three seven on three Talk seven one three, two five five. Hey Phil, what's going on with you?
Speaker 16: Welcome Dom, I've called you before, you know me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've heard of you before because you call a lot. Yes, sir, Yeah, I'm a radio guy. Remember yep, you had low low powered radio.
Speaker 16: Stations, gees and everything.
Speaker 5: But didn't you have low power? Didn't you market low power radio stations at one time?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 16: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: No, that's I don't know why. I don't know why. I remember like how he doesn't think so? But maybe nod? So what's going on? Had?
Speaker 16: I had four TV shops. I worked with Pistols TV if you remember them. Fresh met all those guys. But anyways, what I'm calling for Tom Torontosaurus Rex.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Tom.
Speaker 16: What I'm calling for is, I had my show broke the other day in my pickup. This's a ninety three Chevy pickup poor will drive Z's seventy one. She got forty seven thousand actual miles on it. Now, I took it into I called and they came out to put a windshield in and I found out that it was an aftermarket I want the original windshield. We're in the hell.
Speaker 5: I don't think I don't know if they sell them anymore. Phil, I don't know if they sell them anymore.
Speaker 16: Well, come on, no on.
Speaker 5: A nineteen listen on a nineteen seventy three Chevy pickup. What do you expect the world to stop to stock in? Definitely OEM parts original manufacturer only makes parks for about ten years if you're lucky.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I understand that. I went through that all right, Eddy, So I had the windshield put him by safe light. So I drove over to safe light and he looked at it. He said, well, the guy that put it in put it in crooked. We're going to have to take it back and dress it up. And I said, no, I want the original. I don't care what it costs, six eight hundred thousand dollars. I want an original windshield in Phil, he's only got forty thousand miles on this truck.
Speaker 5: Phil. They're not they're not putting it in there, not because they're giving you a hard time. It's not available. It doesn't matter what you want to pay, it's not available.
Speaker 22: So you got a thirty two Ford coup, you got a Tesla like Mark Scott, his windshield breaks or something like that.
Speaker 16: They're going to put a.
Speaker 5: A I want an Oh yeah, no on newer I want an OEL on newer cars, Phil, on newer cars, you're more likely to get an OEM.
Speaker 18: Yeah, but he's only gotten older. He's only got forty five thousand miles. That's like new.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Mark, Chevy Silver roddel Z seventy one four World Drive.
Speaker 5: Did you say ninety every one?
Speaker 16: It's a ninety three?
Speaker 5: Did you say a ninety three? Yes, not a second seventy. He still thirty plus years.
Speaker 18: Yeah, but there's only forty five thousand miles on it.
Speaker 5: Shut up, Mark, God, he's such a pain in the ass.
Speaker 22: Mark.
Speaker 5: Listen. Why don't you Phil toat chat? Let Mark take care of this for you. He seems to agree with you.
Speaker 22: Hey, Mark, Yeah, forty seven thousand on this.
Speaker 18: But I'm trying to explain to Tom it's like.
Speaker 16: A baby showroom.
Speaker 5: It's not been a toddler yet.
Speaker 16: Huh.
Speaker 18: It's not even a toddler yet. It's a baby. It's in the breaking period.
Speaker 16: Yeah, the motor's just getting ready to break in. But I don't drive it that much.
Speaker 18: I keep it in the why'd you break the windshield in the first place?
Speaker 16: Well, I don't know if it was between the cold. I drove it that day and I put it in and it snowed and got cold. Then there was a big crack along side of.
Speaker 5: It, and now it's crooked.
Speaker 16: Right, yes's got two big cracks. But Mark, where could ill? Where do you think I could probably get?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 18: Tom, who do you know that would have an OEM windshield for his nineteen ninety three Z seventy one with only forty seven?
Speaker 5: Has a mile to me?
Speaker 7: No? Wait?
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, what's the guy's name? And back to the future. Marty, Yes, Marty McFly, he would have it.
Speaker 16: Do they got flex capacitors to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 18: You know you're not gonna passion you buy, brother, You're not gonna find one, man, that's the bottom line.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna find one.
Speaker 16: I went to Classic Chevy out of Lando, Florida. I'm sorry, go ahead to a few, Phil. They don't even make the rubber for it.
Speaker 7: Phil.
Speaker 14: You do understand that General Motors doesn't manufacture windshields, right, They buy them from a manufacturer like PPG, for example. So whatever after market windshield you buy is going to be the same thing that GM used to buy way back in nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 16: Well, why ruin a truck that has only forty seven thousand miles?
Speaker 5: Dmitri.
Speaker 18: You're not listening, brother, Dmitri. It's only got forty seven thousand miles.
Speaker 14: That sounds brand new. I'll bet it's still covered under Winshield.
Speaker 16: Warranty to a room quality.
Speaker 5: Sweet.
Speaker 6: No, it isn't.
Speaker 5: No, it isn't. It's not that new.
Speaker 6: Come on, bro, he says, it's showroom quality.
Speaker 14: Phil, what color is.
Speaker 5: That TRUCKLU, send us a picture of us? Yeah, send us a picture of it. Do you want to sell the truck?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 16: I shold one similar to it a while back, and I got forty four thousand dollars for it.
Speaker 14: And hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, I'll bet you that one.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, you call it.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute.
Speaker 5: I found an original OEM part.
Speaker 6: Hold on.
Speaker 5: I found it more coming up on the troubleshooter. So I found it, Phil, I did go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ridd you need so you don't have.
Speaker 3: You'll come run in sious as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, This is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez.
Speaker 5: Hey, welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So we have a guy asking about original equipment winshields, and I didn't think they were available, and I'm hearing from artificial intelligence that they could be available. They make the same kind of windshields but for other vehicles, but I'm not sure if that's true. Kevin says he owns a glass company and wants to weigh in on this. Go ahead.
Speaker 16: Because all I know.
Speaker 5: Hello, yep, right here, go ahead, sir.
Speaker 23: Yeah. The first thing, you don't want to go to Safelight because they use their own windshields and they come from China and Mexico. They don't fit right. Plus they're thinner than No. What you do is you go to a regular glass auto glass place, ask for a PPG windshield or a LOF windshield, which is factory for and they're made here in the United States.
Speaker 16: You get them all day.
Speaker 23: Long one hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 18: Do you think it wouldn't but correct me if I'm wrong. It wouldn't show like I don't know. I'd just use Tesla for example. It literally has a Tesla emblem on the glass if you bought directly. I understand you're saying it's the exact same windshield, But I think this guy wants that little Chevy on there because it's a Chevy.
Speaker 5: Would that be on there?
Speaker 19: No, it would say PPG got it, YEPG is who made?
Speaker 5: But is it the same? Is it the same windshield?
Speaker 23: Yeah, it's the factory windshield nineteen ninety three Silverado. You asked for a PPG windshield?
Speaker 5: Phil? Did you say, Phil? What do you think of that? Phil? What do you think of that?
Speaker 16: Yeah? Sounds good. Tell them to give me a call.
Speaker 5: Okay, No, I I don't think you. Kevin gives Susann your number. Okay, No, I think Phil can call him, right Phil, I don't think you can, Beckham call these business owners to call you, but you can. You can feel free to call him.
Speaker 13: Okay, Hey, what's the number three or three?
Speaker 6: There you go?
Speaker 23: Threeal three eight eight oh eight one nine six.
Speaker 18: Hey, Kevin, will that one you're talking about? That PPG though? Will that work with the one with forty seven thousand miles on it?
Speaker 5: Oh? Shut up? Mark? Hey Kevin, what what's the name of your company? Kevin, Kevin, what's the name of your company? What's the name of your company?
Speaker 23: Euro Glass E, euro Glass, R O G L A S.
Speaker 5: Cool? Yep, thank you, There you go, Phil. We solved the problem there and they get my dinger. I use my dinger what three times twice today? That's pretty cool? Thank you, Kevin. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. I have a weird question, and it was brought up by this Are there replacement part for cabinets you can't get because you get these cabinets And what do you do about that? Courtney?
Speaker 6: Well, so if it's a cabinet that you bought from us, we absolutely have the parts available to if you have a bad hinge or a bad glide on your jewel.
Speaker 5: Are they mostly general stuff that people use, Yeah, it's cross the company line.
Speaker 6: But sometimes, you know, somebody will you know, scratch their door with a screwdriver accidentally when they're doing something else in their kitchen, in which case we can order replacement parts for the cabinets in the exact same colors and styles.
Speaker 5: Okay, And so do you have problems with older cabinets or can you get pretty much anything?
Speaker 6: We can get pretty much anything. Now if I have a cabinet line that's been discontinued, like you know, Buy and Build has been in business for over twenty years, so we've gone through a lot of different colors of cabinets. So for instance, what we put in your garage that time was a rustic Tuscany cabinet. If you had a problem with that, we could probably help you with hinges and drawer glides, but we can't get your replacement doors because it's a discontinued color.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, So replacement parts, I think with everything runs the challenge. I do know though with hardware, and with common things like hinges and hardware, aren't a lot of these common hardware items, quality ones used across quality brands and cabinets.
Speaker 6: Yes, and and a lot of them will fit multiple it's.
Speaker 5: True hardware one I'm thinking about or true or is that? Am I thinking about? Windows?
Speaker 6: Said where Resources is one of the companies that sells a lot of aftermarket products.
Speaker 5: Okay, and so pretty much you can you can repair a cabinet, yes, okay, somebody wants to know does it pay to cover a cabinet? You know, you don't hear them advertising that much anymore, right now, I know that Done Right did that, and they you know, they're a good company, they've been around for years. But they also do replacement. Of course, total replacement. When does it make sense not to replace but to.
Speaker 6: So very rarely if you have a situation where your cabinets are installed and you just the thought of pulling out the boxes and replacing them is going to be a domino effect and you're going to need to redo your flooring and redo your walls and your backsplash and all that because of it. Sometimes you can save a little money by doing a reface. But honestly, Sears used to sell a ton of refacing that used to be their thing, and to reface the normal kitchens about twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Well, you can buy all new one.
Speaker 6: The kitchen at Buy and Build costs you about seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Say, that's ridiculous. So it's just more of an and it's not even so much more of an inconvenience. Really, it's still a lot of big mess if you reface.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and a lot of them look the same. You go into kitchens and you can tell like, oh, look those are reface cabinets because they're the same as everybody else is in America. You know, there's two or three choices for new doors, and then they'll go in and sometimes paint the interiors. But really replacing them is going to be cheaper and a much better product in the long run.
Speaker 5: Three zero three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Another question here is about countertops. Do you install the cabinets first? Obviously yes, and then you install the count the counters Okay? Do you template after the cabinets are installed or do you have a diagram you go buy? Yes.
Speaker 6: So when we do our estimates in the shop, we do it by square footage and the cabinet layout, and we say it's going to cross approximately this sphere countertop. And then when the cabinets are installed.
Speaker 5: That's when you actually plant it out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'll go out, we'll template it so you never start cutting. We might see that there's an electrical fixture that's in the way that we need to cut around or something like that. So your price could potentially go up when we measure, but we're pretty good about estimating it the first time. And then yeah, we go out after they're installed in template, so it's perfect.
Speaker 5: So let's go over the steps. First they call you for this, and then do you send someone out or do they come to the showroom.
Speaker 6: Typically they'll come to the showroom to pick out what color they want and what kind and what type of Yeah, if they want quartz or granted or mar and cabinets yep, and then what what snabinets and so then we'll help them dry out and design their kitchens.
Speaker 5: On a graph paper right yep.
Speaker 6: And if you want, yeah, for kitchen cabinets, for instance, if you want a drawer base next to your dishwasher, which most people do, we kind of go through all that. You know your sink's going to be here. Then your dishwasher than a drawer base, and we'll line it out to where you're happy with the kitchen. And then once we have that we know the square footage your granted approximately, we'll ask.
Speaker 5: You and you'll also know the number of base cabinets you need exactly, and then we'll ask you if you want a four inch backsplash or if you want backsplash all the way up to the bottom of your wall cabinets.
Speaker 6: It's going to change your footage of granite. But then once we have the approximate footage, we can show you the different colors available for the price that you're looking at, and then we can very easily give you the installation cast.
Speaker 5: Someone wants to know are they still going I see a lot of models that had extra tall cabinets on top. Do they still do those?
Speaker 6: So we have a forty two inch cabinet, it's our tallest cabinet. But we do now have stackables so we can go up to a ten foot profile.
Speaker 5: But why do people do that just for looks? I mean get up there unless they have a library ladder exactly.
Speaker 6: Without a ladder, you can't access that. So maybe if it's stuff for like Easter or holiday that you use once a year.
Speaker 5: You can put it up there, but it is wasted space. I think those tall cabinets, I think they really serve a purpose.
Speaker 23: Well.
Speaker 6: Nowadays houses have such tall ceilings that there's a lot of airspace, and some people like to vary the heights of their cabinet so it looks like a cityscape, or they'll take it all the way to the ceiling just for esthetics and do glass doors up at the top and maybe light them up.
Speaker 5: Oh really, but they don't. They usually use a soffet, I mean a space from the top of the cabin into the ceiling.
Speaker 6: Sometimes and sometimes they'll put a piece of crown molding there to cover it all the way up.
Speaker 5: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 6: So your cabinets attached to the ceiling basically.
Speaker 5: And door styles are most of them going flat.
Speaker 6: It seems to be the trend right now. They're going to a shaker style cabinet, which is a flat panel with a border around it, which is.
Speaker 5: But it does have a border. Some of them are flat flat flat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so that's popular in certain applications as well. Like I said, the newest thing right now seems to be this pit heat line which is a shaker cabinet, but the border of the cabinet is only about one inch, so you're getting mostly flat panel with a one inch border around. It is a very clean look. I think the only problem with that is attaching the door handles. You have to be very careful not to mess that up.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We have more right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two their pieces of junk Day. Hey, I'm Tom Martino. Frank, do you want to make a clarification about auto glass? Did we get something wrong? Frank? Do you need a clarification? Tom oh okay, go ahead, Frank, what do you need?
Speaker 8: Oh, this is Mike. Anyway, that autoglass.
Speaker 9: Did that guy.
Speaker 8: Say to get a winch, you'll go to an autoglass shop or any glass shop.
Speaker 18: Oh, he said go to he said auto shoe.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean that was pretty straightforward.
Speaker 18: But he was talking about one that we believe is now called PGW. It used to be PGG or something.
Speaker 6: He used to be PPG.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right, that was PGW PGW PPG from two PGW. Yes, okay, are they the same company?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 14: They were bunt it off EPG mm hm okay, but I standalone company.
Speaker 5: So how does that affect us? I mean the BAKS doesn't. Yeah, it doesn't. We don't care.
Speaker 18: Well, hold on, I do want to check. I do want to check one thing though, I'm asking AI here. Oh you know, you know who actually owns them now is LKQ, which is crazy. No, l KQ sold them O E P. Whoever that is now owns them? Have you heard of them? Dimitri OEP?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 14: Why can't they all just have a regular name? Why do they all have a the expert on?
Speaker 5: If you want to talk to him again, guys, yo put him on.
Speaker 18: Ahead, Maybe he knows about l O L. Hello, go ahead, Hey Kevin.
Speaker 5: Who who? What company were you talking about? We're all confused now.
Speaker 23: Okay, PPG makes GM products.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they're not around anymore. They're gone.
Speaker 18: It says that they were sold to a company named PGW.
Speaker 23: Okay, it's the same company.
Speaker 5: Okay, got it made?
Speaker 23: Same deal? Yeah, same deal okay, Like in my like in my ford, I tell them I want an l O F or a car light that's a factory windshield.
Speaker 5: I got it.
Speaker 23: Everything else comes out of China or Mexico. They're thinner, they don't. They're warped, they don't. They don't seal upright, They're just you know, they're kind of jug But I mean to get the real deal. It's a couple bucks more. I mean with my Audi's or Mercedes, and I've got full replacement, you know, through my insurance. I make them put in a factory windshield because I know it's gonna fit other ones, don't.
Speaker 18: It actually says that some PGW auto glass is made in China, so they must have like a cheap version, and then the American version, because it says there's North American and European plants as well.
Speaker 23: Yep, yep, that's the deal.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 23: But the worst ones I've always had a headache with totally. I mean there's there's there are junkie ones too safe light makes their own stuff, and they do not last and they do not fit right.
Speaker 5: I've had horrible lecture with autographs in the state.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I just I've just dealt with too many. Anytime I get a chip and a winshield, that's one thing that bugs me, I just replace it. I could be driving a piece of junk but have a brand new winshield in it.
Speaker 5: Got it all right? Thanks bro, Yes, sir, thank you. Trio three seven one, three eight two five five. Okay, So Cornelia, what about your student loan? What's going on? Cornelia the show?
Speaker 17: I have nine student loans service by mail net.
Speaker 5: Wait wait, did you say you have how many? How many student loans?
Speaker 17: Nine?
Speaker 5: Okay? And how many institutions? Is that for? Do you have a doctorate?
Speaker 17: No, No, it's for my apparent plus loan. It's for two of my sons to the.
Speaker 5: Loans, okay, for two of your kids. Okay, And what is your question?
Speaker 17: Well, my question is they're vot services. All of them are serviced by nail Net. And on my statement mid February, the terms were different, terms like seventy nine one hundred and eighty two and now something changed my payments amount? Did that change? But I added twenty more payments than one of my loans and several others.
Speaker 5: So is this league Wait a minute, Well, I don't know it's legal. I don't know if it was a mistake to begin with that they're correcting or what happened. So you're basically saying on some of your loans where you had paid them down, they absolutely, they just added arbitrarily. They added payments back.
Speaker 17: Yeah, they are are the length of the time.
Speaker 5: So your balance is your balance has changed from one month to another.
Speaker 17: Yeah, the balance did not change. So I sign up for an autodibit.
Speaker 5: They have a Okay, your your balance didn't change, just the payments.
Speaker 17: Interesting the payment lengths on several accounts, Yes, but.
Speaker 5: Did the did you call them about it? Well, hold on, did the payment go down?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 17: The payments stay the same. So I had two separate dates. One was eleven twenty fifte a month, and I agree to have everything paid by on the eleventh, all of it to be done one month and in need.
Speaker 5: Were you were you ever laid Were you ever laid before on these student payments?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 5: Okay, they were never import So what's the problem now?
Speaker 17: The problem is I'm trying to understand how can they when they have access and I agree to do standard payments, nothing else talent payments, how can they by allowing them to take the money at the beginning of the month for all the loans or three days separate days, how can they add twenty months to the loans.
Speaker 5: That I don't know. That's that's I don't know the answer to that. Did you Did they answer it when you ask.
Speaker 17: Them, Well, they try to give me the COVID then something, and I said, that's not right because I have made money.
Speaker 5: Okay, here, here's what I'm going to do. I think there's something we're not understanding. What I'd like you to do? Do you have statements for your account?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: I would like Deputy Dollar. I know Deputy Dollar is going to be pissed a Deputy Dollar. Since you're a money man, I want you seriously to I want you to kind of look at this one and maybe do a conference call with you and her so you can understand what they're trying to tell you. I mean, they can't just arbitrarily add payments on to the end unless she was late or something and they're restructuring it. But I don't understand any of it.
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Hold on? Hold on? What do you think is going on?
Speaker 14: D What do you think was there any interruption and payments due either to the forbearance from the pandemic or from one of those many loan for them forgiveness pro I think she said no, was there a period when no payments were due?
Speaker 6: Cornelia?
Speaker 17: I don't think that's the case, because.
Speaker 14: There a period when no payments were due.
Speaker 17: Ever, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Now here's what we're asking. Have you ever, in the life of this loan had a forbearance agreement where you skipped payments? No?
Speaker 18: So during COVID you made all the payments, never skipped a payment.
Speaker 17: Never skipped the payment they weren't due, and I paid as much as I could each funt.
Speaker 5: No, that's not what I'm asking. No, no, no, no, no, that's what's going on. No no, no, no, we're not asking if you paid as much as you could. What I'm asking is did you make the full payment every single month on every single.
Speaker 17: Loan since they became payable.
Speaker 18: Yes, I understand what she's saying while the kids in school, I can't.
Speaker 5: She said she paid, she said she paid as much as she could time.
Speaker 18: No, what she's saying is she's saying when the kids were in school, they didn't have to make any payments. The second the payments became due, she has been making the full payment ever since.
Speaker 5: She's never missed a month. Yes, is that what you're saying. Yes, So what did you mean when you said on some months you paid as much as you could? What did that mean? I'm just curious.
Speaker 17: So during COVID, there was no payments due and I kept making payments. There was no amounts due, and I kept making payment.
Speaker 5: How do you know? How do you know there were no payments due?
Speaker 17: I have?
Speaker 23: Well, okay, you why did you keep everybody's payment?
Speaker 5: Why did you keep Why did you keep making payments if no payments were due?
Speaker 17: Because you had the options to pay off some of the tax or towards the principle, and I chose to do so.
Speaker 5: You chose to go against the principle.
Speaker 17: I chose to pay interest off.
Speaker 18: No, No, No, that would be insane. Why, well, you would pay principle off? Why would you pay the interest off?
Speaker 5: See, I don't think she understands. I have another question. I have another question. How many payments did you make in its full amount during COVID?
Speaker 17: I cannot tell it's a different service or as I'll need to look at something else. It was under the great.
Speaker 5: Leg Okay, here's what I think happened. And I think they're making up for anything that was not paid, because even when you got a forbearance, even when you got a legitimate forbearance, all they did was added them to the end of the loan. They didn't forgive anything. It was just a big ripoff when they said they they gave you a forbearance. No one got a forbearance. And I remember Mark talking about this. He said, if you think you're going to miss six, eight, ten, twelve payments, they're all going to come back at the end. I remember you saying that, Mark. Yeah, she's saying she paid those that's what's that. No she didn't, No, she didn't. She's saying she paid as much as she could when she could. That's what she said. Well, okay, I mean, if that's where it's at, then I mean she we need we need, we need deputy, We need deputy Dollar to get on the phone call with the lender or the servicer and find out what the hell is going on. I'm Tom Martinez. Dan McKenzie is an estate planning attorney, and it's why is to get him involved in your life for a simple trust, maybe an LLC to put property in that actually passes through death as well, or you may want a simple will. He is very creative in what he does. You can call him and get a consultation. Eight three three COO Plans. That's Stan McKenzie Live and Local. Are expert here on the show about all things wills, trusts, probate and the like. Eight three three co plans. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. Welcome to the show. Okay, let's keep going here. And wow, we're getting uh, we're getting through the calls. But if you have any we still have time for calls at three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So we've covered a lot of the a lot of the situation when it comes to kitchens and baths in the process and buy and Bill dot net. You can go right there. You can go visit them at five sixty South Lapan. They're not a high pressure place. They're not a and I'm not gonna say hatsi, tatsi, they're not well let me have another word. Come on, help me sus. They're not pretentious. How about that one. They're not tweety hoity toity. They're good people. Although they have hoity toity stuff, they're not hoity toity people. So I just think that it's a great way to go. And I'll bet you you have people that come there and browse and end up buying way more than they thought. I mean, if you think about it, it's just really an extraordinary place.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like I said, if people have done any pre shopping and done their due diligence on researching pricing, when they come into our shop, you know, they sometimes think, well, all we can afford is cabinets right now, and we're gonna do like for Micah countertops. And then they see our pricing and they're like, we can do brand new cabinets, we can do installation. We can also do granted with installation and have money left over at the end.
Speaker 5: Okay, So here's the bottom line. You go there for counters and you go there for cabinets, and you go there for some of the fixtures and some of the faucets and all that, and then they'll tell you what they can and can't do. They'll help you design it and then fill in the blanks and that design I think. I think that graph paper. Do you know what I like about that paper, Courtney, is you don't have to disappoint people because when they actually it's really shocking. When you look at your piece of graph paper, you want to do a million things. Then you realize, wait, a minute, there's no room right because graph paper doesn't lie. What is it one square for each foot, yes, or whatever.
Speaker 6: The other thing I've noticed about the programs that like Home Depot uses a program to help you design the kitchens, and they'll say your walls one hundred and twenty two inches, and you want your sink right here, and you want your dishwasher right here. It puts in like ten to three inch filler strips sometimes on a wall when you could have a thirty inch cabinet somewhere instead of a bunch of filler strips just because they wanted it to be spaced properly. They really do waste a lot of space, and you get more storage if you do it.
Speaker 5: Right, for sure. And I think that what you get is you get a lot, a lot of choice, a lot of selection. And I think contractors they don't mind going there, right, I mean they truly don't mind, because well, I don't know. They might they want to mark it up more. I don't know. Do contractors ever resist.
Speaker 6: Sometimes contractors will not bring their customers in so they can mark up our prices to their customers and still save them money. But we publish our prices and We have price lists, so if they ever bring their customer in, or a customer ever knows where they bought them, they can come in and see what the pricing is. So it doesn't happen a lot.
Speaker 5: And so most of the time they really want to help you. I mean contractors really want to get the job done right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely they do, and they love coming in and buying from us because we're no nonsense. Will help them load their truck up, they get out of their fast or turnaround times on cabinet colors is two weeks or less, not eight to twelve to sixteen weeks like some of the other people.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, and uh, let's see three h three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five. I let me just see. We have people coming here to the to the to the callers. Okay, so somebody asks about recover your hair. They want to know do the people actually do the work that you deal with here or is he just a facilitator. He's a facilitator, but he's a doctor and he knows the area very well, and he's researched the clinic and he oversees everything. But no, he doesn't go over there and perform the procedures. There are people over there that do those procedures every single day, Okay, and uh so that's really what you have to know. And it's a good clinic, and the clinic does thousands of procedures a year from people all over the world. It's in Istanbul, Turkey. People have had you. You ought to go on the website and you'll see a lot of really cool reviews of their experience. Okay, And if you want to go on that website, it's very easy. Recover your hair dot com. Let's recover your hair dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. All right, let's talk to Maggie. Wake up, Maggie. I think I have something to say to you. Go ahead, Hi.
Speaker 12: So I bought the twenty twenty two Volkswagon Tiguan from should I say the name of the dealership? Mx Ubuary seven?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, where'd you buy it?
Speaker 12: It was from Emic Volkswagon and okay, with warranty left on it thirty five thousand miles okay over the week.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 12: The reason I bought it is because I'm moving to Maryland for my job. I was supposed to go yesterday with my family and I didn't.
Speaker 5: Want When did you buy it? When did you actually buy it?
Speaker 3: On February.
Speaker 12: February seventeenth was the day I bought and I paid cash.
Speaker 5: I got it okay, and.
Speaker 12: Over the weekend I had an internal oil leak, which now I brought it back to Emic yesterday. They know the situation. They're telling me they're not exactly sure what's wrong with it, but that's I don't believe that to be true. But it could take up to two weeks to finish. My family is now living in a hotel. I have a moving truck that I can't move.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's I know, I know this is a problem. I want to I want to explain this to you because you're reasonable, and and again I don't I understand you're sure, but that has nothing to do with the warranty or with them. In other words, the fact that you're in a heart in a bad way doesn't mean they have to work extra fast.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: It would be nice if they did, but we but we can't say to them, hey, listen, you better step on. What I'd be more concerned about is that they try to get out of it some way.
Speaker 12: Right, So I have a question, Well, because I only had the car for like such a short period of time and it was certified, is there any way to try and get them to undo this deal so I can purchase.
Speaker 5: A Yeah, you can. You can negotiate. Okay, you can negotiate anything.
Speaker 12: But I mean, I can't even get the sales manager to call me back.
Speaker 5: So, well, here's the deal they give me, here's the deal. Well, let me let me explain a few things to you. You don't have a special right, but we could ask them to be nice and let you out of the deal. But they won't because they once they latch onto a dime, they're not going to let it go unless you pay a penalty of some kind. Let me let me ask you something. Are they making any noise or any kind of indication that they're not going to fix it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 12: I know that they I know that their intent is to fix it.
Speaker 5: Sounds like so, okay, let me ask you another question. Let me ask you another question. It's under warranty, is that right? Is it is a factory warranty? Yeah, she said it's certified. Well, if it's a factory warranty, you don't have.
Speaker 12: A certified warranty on top of that. I have both.
Speaker 5: But Maggie, you don't have to have the work done here in Denver. You can move the car to where you're going.
Speaker 12: That's true. But how my problem is that we were going to be driving the car to Maryland. That's why I bought.
Speaker 5: An How bad is how bad is it? How bad is that leak?
Speaker 12: They have to they have to tear the whole engine apart.
Speaker 5: I hate to say it. It could be a lot longer than two weeks. Yeah, it's going to be. Yeah, but can you take the loaner? How do you know it is.
Speaker 12: Because when I said I need a loaner, they said, not to Maryland. We can't do that.
Speaker 5: Okay, man, I'll call Okay, so Dollar, I mean, excuse me, Chopper. Why don't we see if they'll do something. I don't know if they will. We will call though and ask them. But I just need you to know going in, you don't have any special rights. I know you said you only had it a few days and it happened, and therefore, you know you know what I'm saying. They should do something.
Speaker 12: All the work was done on the vehicles at at Emic. It was like they bought the previous owner, bought it from them, had its service there. That's I believe why.
Speaker 5: It No, that's good, So I understand, So we will talk. We will talk to them. Okay, hold on, I'm Tom Martine. Hey buy and Bill dot Net. Don't forget them. We're out of time. Save all your problems for me.