Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 2: Come on, guys, last night before the weekend. Good morning, This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: He.
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, wakey, wake your hands off those cupcakes. Rod Ryan show checking in free beer Friday. We got beer for you every hour straight up at six, seven, eight, and nine. Autumn's been on a hell of a run this week. She's going for wind number four already fresh out of bed. Head to head challenge. We'll play it around six twenty three eleven tickets on the Chopping Block there stp Live Soul Asylum. Next week. We got tickets for you on the Fun Fact Flashback. Rob Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets October twelfth at the Carbark Brewery. We will get you in. You have to win your way into that. We'll get you in at seven twenty and then I will announce we're gonna do something a little fun on the air on Monday. Give away some extra tickets to that anniversary show. You're gonna want to be on with us on Monday for sure. Suburb Summer Sizzler at a twenty Conroe takes on Rosenberg and Holly and Joe have already confirmed that they will be here for their matchup at A twenty. We'll leave you with some Jains addiction tickets. They're playing with Love and Rockets on Monday night. Ten percent chance of rain, party, cloudy high of ninety eight hot. Good morning, Tesla one are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning Rod, Good morning home room. So President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris made their first public appearance.
Speaker 5: Yesterday since he.
Speaker 4: Dropped out of the presidential so they were together. It was an event organized by the White House to announce the results of the first Medicare drug price negotiation.
Speaker 5: Both of them had kind words for the other.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, Donald Trump giving a news conference from New Jersey, saying that the worst is yet to come if Kamala is elected in November.
Speaker 5: So that's your political news.
Speaker 2: Yo had product placement. Did you see that?
Speaker 3: He had like Folgers coffee and of oats to the side of him.
Speaker 2: Did not see that speech?
Speaker 5: We did not thank you.
Speaker 4: Also yesterday, I mean, we've been doing all this wonderful back to school wishing, well wishing, but there was tragedy at middle school Marshall Middle School yesterday. An eighth grade boy collapsed during gym class and an officer on the campus performed CPR. According to school staffers, the school's defibrillator wasn't working, so EMS responded to the campus took.
Speaker 5: The student to a local hospital.
Speaker 4: But district officials say he died yesterday, So the event actually happened on Wednesday, and now Houston is D is providing crisis response team to that Marshall Middle School. So the student's name hasn't been released. It's not very light tight, right, guys, But it is a local tragedy and people are talking about it, so mention that. Okay, let's switch gears. There is a new pull out on restaurant etiquette and it involves your smart device.
Speaker 5: Your cell phone.
Speaker 4: Eighty percent of people say your smartphone should be out of sight, especially on a day. Fifty four percent said no one should see it during a family gathering, and then half of people said you shouldn't have it out even with friends. There are exceptions. We'll be getting into it, you know, taking pictures of the food, if you're getting an urgent call, all that stuff plays. So we'll be going over the phone etiquette at a restaurant. Five people have been charged in the ketamine fueled death of Matthew Perry.
Speaker 5: Matthew's a live.
Speaker 4: And assistant, an acquaintance the so called ketamine Queen. They also charged two doctors, one of whom called him moron.
Speaker 5: We have a blog page.
Speaker 4: On that, and then another woman that knew that how this ketamine could be fatal.
Speaker 5: So we'll get into this.
Speaker 4: It's a big, big story and five.
Speaker 5: People charged in that.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of punk Green Day memorabilia on the internet. You can find guitar picks, drum sticks, you know, the usual.
Speaker 5: But this is really punk.
Speaker 4: A limited edition Green Day Curig machine.
Speaker 2: I think those guys are really into coffee. I think they might have their own brand.
Speaker 5: Well it'll be.
Speaker 4: It'll be made available to you this Curig the Kits, the Brewer Kits starting on Tuesday at curig dot com. But we have all the details on it on the music Blok page. Those are Kiston headlines.
Speaker 2: Take it, Alex.
Speaker 3: Astros, You're back in action tonight. They're gonna open up a weekend series at the White Sox, trying to extend their eight game winning streak. Spenser Araganty'll be on the mound for the stros he'll be going up against Chicago's Garrett Crochet.
Speaker 5: First pitch is at seven to ten.
Speaker 3: You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talks seven ninety and not a Football. The Texans are gonna play their third preseason games tomorrow when they host the New York Football Giants at NRG Stadium. Demiko Ryan says that he does plan to play the starters in this game, so expect to see them for up to a half. Would imagine CJ might get like the first quarter. Yeah, and you asked him just because he's the quarterbacks to find Diggs to probably play a quarter. I could see him going up to a half, but I feel like you're gonna rest some of the main starter after a quarter.
Speaker 2: A lot of starters will play the first half. But what you talked about marquee players, Oh.
Speaker 3: You don't want CJ having his leg rolled over and that like just play on the air on the side of caution. In preseason kick offs of that noon. You can watch it here locally on ABC thirteen. That is what's going on in sports dress appropriately. There's a hole in the roof, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, have you seen the video of Diggs being like saying, how hot it is here? How he compared. He's like, this is probably what it feels like in hell. He was joking, and he was saying, it's lovely like the people in the food. But practice is getting to those guys.
Speaker 5: It's the fifth day of a heat advisory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, heat advisory again today, but tomorrow. There's a couple of panels that are missing in the roof. Sun's going to be coming through at some point. If you're in those weird seats, roof is playing hurt, Son's going to be beaten right down on you. All Right, here we go, man, four hours of pain.
Speaker 6: What free beer Friday, first beer winner, Come get it.
Speaker 4: Let's go Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: You've got a free Bam Friday. He got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, a free Bam Friday. And right Bam Friday, and you're dam Friday, and you're free Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning. Hey, who's this?
Speaker 8: This is Matthew.
Speaker 2: It's a little early to be calling Matthew. Okay, uh, people sleeping around here, it's a little weird to be.
Speaker 8: I got my kid up. I gotta get him, went to the bus stop?
Speaker 2: What time does what times your kid gotta beat it to the bus stop before?
Speaker 1: Six ten?
Speaker 2: Yoh man? That at times to school start?
Speaker 1: I don't even now, I just know I get him to the stop.
Speaker 9: And then I had off the word.
Speaker 2: What is this an inquisition? I don't know. That's just that's very early to have to be at a bus stop. Leavedad alone. You're doing a good job, dad, leave alone. I was just curious. Okay, hey, Matthew, you're calling number ten. Congratulations, you got the first case of beer. Dude, you truly are taking care of some business today. Where do you live?
Speaker 1: I live in Montgomery?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so the school just started yesterday, Yes, okay, this is what school starts, Alex. Okay, my bad. He just knows when he's got to give that kid to the bus before.
Speaker 5: What's all you need to know?
Speaker 9: Longer I got the day down.
Speaker 10: I think I'm all right.
Speaker 2: He knows, he knows what day it is, he knows where the bus stop is, and he knows what time he's got to get the kids. It wasn't meant to be negative. Guys even came off off him. Now, I'm sorry, Matthew, what's your what's your kid's name? Why ask the question? I haven't gotten my beer.
Speaker 1: A kid in the car.
Speaker 11: I don't know who he is.
Speaker 2: It's just some random kid and throwing him on a bus. I don't know whose kid it is.
Speaker 5: He hasn't be there before six.
Speaker 2: I grabbed the first kid I saw put it in my car. That Matthew, You are killing the game, bro, you are killing.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 2: What a great first phone call, What a great first beer winner. All right, Matthew, go get it done.
Speaker 12: Thank you sir.
Speaker 2: All right, bro, thank you?
Speaker 4: How does anyone call is ever beyond me?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 2: My goodness?
Speaker 1: So fun?
Speaker 2: All right, Chilly did that man's information. He's got two and a half minutes to get some kid on some kid on a bus. All right, we're gonna be very, very busy today, just like that. Free Beer Friday presented by Specs. Thank you Specs for the beers. That was funny. Autumn. I'm I loved having her on all week. She's been great. She's had all different types of games, she's dominated. She's kind of come from behind. I think you need a little of that, and she's kind of done a little everything. So she's going for win number four, fresh out of bad head to head Challenge. We'll get to that game at around six twenty. Okay, we'll be on boarding the bus getting you to call in to play Autumn STP. You just heard. I'm gonna have to take that up at the Wizard. When I saw it, I think everybody knows we don't play records and CDs on this show. Everything's on the computer. When I saw STP plush, I'm like yeah, and I hit the button and I'm all ready to rock out. And then it's the acoustic version. I'm like, Wizard acoustic version, it's Friday Rock. Well no, hell yeah, I wanted dead Power chord to hit. I was all amped up for it.
Speaker 5: He's like, chill, bro Friday.
Speaker 2: I hit the button. We're like, go back to sleep. I hit the butt all right, right. I'm like, yeah, okay, because I just got my stpickets, So I just got the STP tickets. I'm going and I hit the button.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, there's a coffee shop.
Speaker 2: But you know how you get that feeling? This is what I was ready for. I'm like, gets your ass on them back. You got stuff to do today. Get up. I ain't playing like I was expecting that that moment, that's what we should have gotten this morning. Wizard robbed of that moment. I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. Put your acoustic stuff in the nine o'clock hour, okay, not six, je I'm gonna give you STP tickets. I'm gonna give you some of those STP tickets on the fun Fact flashback, So homeroom, you're gonna get to experience a little STP with us. I just got my tickets. So Daddy's going to shows, man, I told you you're out. Yeah, two shows next week because Jane's addiction is Monday, and I think STP is on Thursday, four and two weeks for you. Yeah. I told you this summer is so great. And we knew months out that August was going to be the month of live music. And these are some of my all time favorite bands that are playing. And I've never seen Joe Pudd as the singer. Very jealous you to see him. It's not Joe Pudd, it's Jeff Goot. It is Jeff Goot. I have seen STP with Wyland, I have seen STP with Chester Bennington. I have not seen this guy, so I really I look forward to it. I've seen a lot of clips online and the dude can sing. Dude can sing his ass off. It's been forever since I've seen well, no, not that long. I saw Live at a maybe an ACL not that long ago. So Live's playing and sold asylum. We'll have tickets for you in home room. If you're looking for those twentieth anniversary party tickets everyone is, I have those for you at seven twenty. I'm going to bring back on Monday hashtag Monday selfie. Now, normally we do this and we give you like one hundred bucks on a Monday or something like that. We're gonna give away a pair of tickets every hour for the twentieth anniversary party. That would be cool. I'm gonna give away four pair of tickets every hour for dropping a selfie on our Facebook page. Are you crazy? I'm glad you guys asked me crazy talk. I am loco, just giving away all the tickets. Okay, I'm trace le cha loco.
Speaker 12: Okay, so.
Speaker 2: I am giving away quad lei cha. I'm giving away four four pair of tickets to the twentieth anniversary show. Okay, all right, no milk though, every hour just for dropping a photograph on our Facebook page. So you got all weekend to take a selfie that you that you're comfortable sharing on our page. All right, that's it, It's enough, loco. I gotta take a break on the flip, gotta rec check for you. Will find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the game.
Speaker 14: For Houston's alternative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning shown the Buzzy.
Speaker 2: Four or five the buzz Welcome back rod Ryan Show. On a free beer Friday, what case of beer already down? Seven o'clock will have another one for you. Eight o'clock will do it again. Nine o'clock will do it again, and then of course it moves right into open phones Friday. You can't wait, all right? Heat advisory every day this week Today, heat advisory true temperatures highs up around ninety eight. I think it's cool and off this weekend warmer okay, partly clouding ninety seven tomorrow, partly clouding ninety nine on Sunday. So I bet you we'll have a heat advisory all weekend. What's trending?
Speaker 4: A couple of local stories trending as Houston rapper and producer Beat King reportedly passed away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's on a fat talking about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's on a blog page with the lead singer of Great White and Great talk about Greg Kin passed away. An old game show host Peter Marshall, so like there was four Okay, Chre's like it's a blog page of death. Yeah, lots of death yesterday.
Speaker 4: So that's one thing that's trending here in Houston. Also, I don't know if this is trending, but did anyone see that Cuban lady that got her backpack stolen and then she takes off after the little girls who tried to swipe her backpack and she tackles her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she chased her down and flip flops.
Speaker 5: It was awesome.
Speaker 2: Obviously was caught on some sort of security footage. But yeah, she was just sitting at a little cafe maybe looking place, and somebody came up, grabbed her backpack and started running. Mama said, uh ah, not happening, not on my watch.
Speaker 4: And then they interviewed her and she's like, I've been playing a lot of paddle sports, Like I've been playing like pickleball.
Speaker 5: So she was like, I was pretty much ready. She's like, don't steal from me, Am Cuban. It was awesome. Uh that?
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 4: Did you see that ESPN fired RG three and Sam Ponder. They're they're just saying this was a cost cutting.
Speaker 5: Move for them.
Speaker 4: They're reportedly being let go by ESPN and budget move. So that's like the after the Matthew Perry stuff which we talked about in the headlines. That's the second trend there in Google in the Google Search, That's what's trending on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 15: Good morning everybody. This is Autumn and I'm hanging out. I am your fresh out of bed head to head three day Champions. Is it time to say.
Speaker 2: Girls druel and boys drool?
Speaker 15: What he certainly did on that nurse football question. Oh, join me on free beer Friday when I make it win number four.
Speaker 2: Bit day throwing the shade. I get seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you think you can beat Autumn, it's Ron Ryan's free beer Friday. Yeah, you gotta get me one beer. On ninety four five The Bus, ninety four five The Buzz, Oliver Tree, Hurt Rod Ryan Show, free beer Friday. Okay, now we're we're caught off right keat advisory today, probably all weekend. Your temperatures are hovering ninety eight ninety nine. It's going to feel like one hundred and eight or more all weekend. So but hey, it's the weekend play game.
Speaker 16: And now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 2: Listeners to your corners. All right, Autumn, you've been kicking a little ass around here.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 15: I'm great?
Speaker 1: How are you great?
Speaker 2: I feel your your confidence going up with every game. I think you're sitting in a really good spot right here. This is going to be the fourth time you're on with us. You're going for win number four. And Sean heard your victory speech and he said, that's enough of that. That's enough of that. Hi, Sean, Hey, Ron, what's up? Welcome back to the game. Thank you, sair Chilly said, it's been a while since you've played. How long do you think it's been?
Speaker 12: Maybe a year or two?
Speaker 2: Okay, have you had any success playing this game? No, sir, I appreciate your honesty. Well, Autumn has had some success. She has won three games in a row. She's trying for win number four.
Speaker 4: To win these oh, a pair of tickets to see three eleven a wall nation in neon trees.
Speaker 2: Those tickets could be your, Sean, if you win.
Speaker 10: Love them.
Speaker 2: Okay. All we're doing here is shouting out your name when you think you know the answer to correct answers, gets to the promised Land, and most importantly, and invite back on the show on Monday. Okay, Sean, you good, Yes, they're good. Do you remember how fast the game moves last time you played like I did? Okay, it's fast, Autumn, let's go show them what you're made of. Question number one. What famous comedian played a radio DJ in Good Morning Vietnam?
Speaker 12: Autumn?
Speaker 2: Sean, Robin Williams. He's on the board, he's back. You both were slow on that. You both were slow, but Sean got in. Sean was least flow. Okay, Autumn, you've been in this position before. You're fine. All right, here we go. Autumn and Sean snapping box painted tortoise are all kinds of what autumn turtles all kinds of what hardshell animal or reptile turtles. Turtles, that's what she does. But she does she tanks that first question and then she's it's like it's like Rocky getting mad. Yeah, Okay, he's not getting beat up, he's getting mad. Sean Autumn. Yeh, Sean, that wasn't a question. Did you just chime in?
Speaker 1: No, I was just responding to my name.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sean Autumn, that's your question. Go just kidding for the win, for the win. Stephanie DJ, Michelle, we're all daughters. Autumn. Wow, how she does it? How she doesn't, That's how Autumn does it. She is the comeback kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's Corny felt, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Comeback, Queen. Does Corey have room? Does Corey have room up there? Stephanie, DJ, and Michelle were all daughters of the Tanner family in what popular nineties show Full House? Sean, Yeah right, it's okay. You did good, dude.
Speaker 1: I'm not disappointed.
Speaker 2: Don't be waiting an hour, a year and year and a half to play again, Dude, get back on with us, all right.
Speaker 1: I've been calling. I just haven't been the right.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, great having you on. Hav an awesome weekend, Sean. You two rock tags Autumn killing it. Wow, you are going to be playing for the Hall of Fame. I ever heard of it. You're gonna be playing for the Hall of Fame on Monday.
Speaker 10: I'm ready.
Speaker 2: I have fun at that three eleven show next week as well. All right, good job, well.
Speaker 17: The Right Ryan.
Speaker 10: Show celebrating twenty years ninety four or.
Speaker 2: Five the buzz?
Speaker 10: Yeah, how was that?
Speaker 2: What's having a better week than Robbie right now? He's wins ninety four five the buzz? Good morning, Rod, Ryan's show. Robbie in the middle of it. Soy, you know, Wizard doesn't like that, Alex. You know he does not like that. Damn bad Wizard. Nobody's having a bigger week than Robbie. I love you, mister rod Good morning, all right, that's our pal, Robbie pulped. You're off to a great start to your day. That might have made my whole day right there. Robbie got in on two first phone calls this week, and then I think I've been playing his drops every day.
Speaker 4: It's like he's the first phone call, which is nice.
Speaker 2: He has really shined in homeroom this week. I mean he really has just been that bright star, you know, the teacher's pat, the teacher's pat. This week, for sure, he has been good morning everybody, it's free beer Fronday. Got another case of beer coming up for you, coming up for you at seven o'clock. Okay, that was right, and then twenty fth anniversary show tickets in the seven o'clock hour. STP tickets coming up in just a little bit. It shows on Monday. I can't wait. Heath advisory today. True temperature high of ninety eight. That's kind of like what we got all weekends. It's low chances of rain, partly cloudy, upper nineties. Bringer a fresh out of bad hand to hand challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 15: Good morning, everybody, this is autumn. You're break out of bed head ahead four day champion. Boys are still drooling and I'm still ruling. So join me on Monday as I get into the Hall of Fame this day.
Speaker 2: I like her, I do. I tell you what. There's a little bit more confident each and every game. The comeback kid that makes it exciting in the morning. She's been real fun. I'll tell you what I'm I am making plans to be here on Monday at seven twenty same. I'm not gonna everybody like you want to be here for that game, right, That's the only reason I'm coming in on Monday is to see what autumn does. It's been it's been thrilling.
Speaker 5: It's the fuck that's of the day.
Speaker 17: We make you look smart and funny, Your buddy, is this the fuck that's the day?
Speaker 18: All right?
Speaker 2: There we go. You guys remember the game show? I think it was Jeff Foxworthy was the host. Are you smarter than a fifth grader?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember the show. Of course. I came across it a couple of times. I don't think I ever watched it. I'm assuming the premise was just they had to be the fifth grade students, right, and they didn't deviate from those questions. They didn't. It was just fifth graders that were competing against adults. Two people won the one million dollar prize for the I don't know how long that show was on for a superintendent of public schools for the state of Georgia, and the winner of the two thousand and six Nobel Prize is in physics. He was a professor. He is a professor at UC Berkeley. Those are the only two people that won the grand prize.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, let's see what it takes.
Speaker 2: Two people won half a million dollars the Unknown at that time. Ken Jennings, he was on that show. He went on to go on to be like the Jeopardy guy. I think he's the host now. And Jean Simmons of Kiss One. He was a school teacher back in the day too. He won half a million dollars for his charity. Don't say wow, fifth graders. I'm sure a lot of parents can relate if you're helping your kid with homework. When Disneyland first opened, it had a lingerie shop on Main Street. Who It lasted less than six months, but they did try to sell lingerie. Why why not? At least mom and dad an're having a good time. James Cameron has admitted this. He said his main motivation for making the movie Titanic, the number one thing for him was to get the studio to pay him to dive to the real Titanic wreck. That's neat, he said. If they didn't pick up the bill for him to do the research for the movie, he said, I didn't really particularly want to make the movie, he wouldn't have done it. Yeah, part of his contract in making the movie, you got to you gotta let me go down there. I gotta, I gotta know what I'm dealing with.
Speaker 4: Because of James Cameron, we have some camera that we have the information that we do on the Titanic like otherwise we probably wouldn't even have it.
Speaker 2: He didn't care about Jack and the door and Rose and draw me like one of your French girls. He didn't care about any of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was an aftersi.
Speaker 19: Fuck.
Speaker 17: That's to the day. We make you look smart, everybody. It's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 2: Speaking of drawing like one of your French girls. Wasn't that a former? Fun fact? James Cameron, that's his drawing.
Speaker 5: It was his drawing.
Speaker 2: I believe that's his hand and his drawing that they show and the guy can draw. Yeah, all right, Uh, what are you giving away here?
Speaker 4: Stone Temple Filets tickets Live Soul Asylum gonna be at Woodlands Pavilion in August twenty second.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm so excited. All right, going back back back back to yesterday's show. What was originally drawn with a glass of champagne in his hand and was called the road Drunkard. That's not what we call this character today. Seven one three, two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rock Out with your stock out with Captain Cash. All right, big bald. He's been on the phone most of this week and he continues today. Hey, how brother Rod, good morning, Good morning to you. How do you do on Wall Street? Yesterday? Not too bad? The Dow is up five hundred and sixty four.
Speaker 20: Port kick off this morning at forty thousand and five sixty three, Nastac up four hundred and one to seventeen thousand, five ninety, bench Martin, Your Treasury's trading at a three point eight seven percent, and oil stands at seventy six dollars five cents.
Speaker 1: Of barrow to.
Speaker 21: The most active is the big studs, Cisco, Walmart and Nike, Big Duds, Verizon, Paructer and Gamble and Merk. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on building permits for July. Right now, futures, they're just slightly on the downside. Come up, Let's turn this stab around.
Speaker 1: That's it a man here.
Speaker 20: This is Howlin Mention director within Raymond James forty for the Rock Mind Show, Braymon James Johns, James Felie and Gusta and your toys for.
Speaker 2: Rockout with their stockout.
Speaker 14: Famian's expressed a those of all land and not necessarily those are Raymon, James and Associates, Sank Come ever, NYC, AS, IBC, I ART Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no assurance transmission.
Speaker 8: We'll continue.
Speaker 14: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational nervioses on link. The studs of Duds are based on movement as reported by Young ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: The Buzz Welcome back, rob Ryan Show, Bobby, Bobby, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm awesome?
Speaker 12: How are you?
Speaker 4: Brother?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 2: Same? Thank you for asking? What was originally drawn with a glass of champagne in his hand and called the road drunkard.
Speaker 1: That would be the michelin Man, The michelin Man.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Bobby, you're the winner today. Oh what are you giving them?
Speaker 4: Robby gets the stent Tumple Pilots tickets with live and Psilo asylum.
Speaker 5: Congratulations, dude, you got a offee.
Speaker 2: I will see you there all right. Yeah, have an awesome weekend. Welcome back to.
Speaker 22: School, which of you zombie stoners, took my purse, my cats, and Hayler is in there.
Speaker 2: The Ron Ryan Show mornings on ninety four to five, ninety four five the Buzz. There you have it breaking Benjamin Red Cold River, Rob Ryan Show, Free beer, froudiy Will and another case of beer. Thank you specs coming up in just a little bit. Next hour, of course, is Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets. I'll talk more about how some extra opportunities are going to be made available to you on Monday morning show. Four plus four is eight plus four is sixteen No. Twelve Homeroom Meth sixteen sixteen pair of tickets and then then the one on air seventeen pair of tickets will be given away on Monday show for the twentieth anniversary party. What Yeah, parting, Claudis guys all weekend? Low chances of rain, heat advisory upper nineties. Now you know, Sessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Ten service members are in the hospital after a training accident in Nevada. The accident happened yesterday at the Fallon Naval Air Station. The service members' names have not been released no date. No further details are available about their conditions at this moment. Centerpoint Energy of Houston ascid judge to cancel a mandatory rate review that was in effect prior to the arrival of Hurricane Barrel last month. So they had filed this request on Wednesday and asked that the review put off be put off until next June because of the impact caused by Beryl. The judge was also contacted last week by representatives of dozens of cities in the company's service area, each demanding that Centerpoint not granted this delay. All these cities are claiming that Centerpoint overcharges its customers by more than one.
Speaker 5: Hundred million dollars annually.
Speaker 4: Putting off the review, they say, means another year of the overcharging.
Speaker 5: So the Centerpoint drama kind of continues.
Speaker 4: The official Scrabble dictionary is adding a bunch of new words, or one of the official dictionaries is so most Americans use Merriam Webster, but Collins Dictionary has one that's used by most mostly like other English speaking countries, okay, and international competitions. Like the serious scrabble players. They combine these to dictionaries. Oh are they adding like hip new phrases in terms? Well, you tell me.
Speaker 5: So one of the these are some of the words added.
Speaker 2: Yeat.
Speaker 5: You know yeat is yeah, okay, well they're using it backne.
Speaker 4: You know what that is?
Speaker 2: Back acne.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 4: Bougie. You know that word fancy, You could totally use that in scrabble.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't know how to spell bougie.
Speaker 4: Okay, b ou j i e oh very close b o u j ee ah, Yeah, yeah, I agree. Fluff. I don't know what a flufe is, but it's slang for any furry animal like I guess they're flu fee nibbling a gender neutral term for a niece or a nephew.
Speaker 5: Am I right? One word slang version of am I right?
Speaker 4: You're gonna get on scrabble model, am I r I E. That one's actually in the Merriam Webster version already. So yeah, okay, let's talk about some movie news. Casting for Madden is nearing completion. You guys know that they're making a biopic of John Madden, right.
Speaker 2: Nope, okay, not until I read it this morning.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: So Nicholas Cage is set to play him, with him being the legendary football coach and commentator John Madden.
Speaker 5: The film is going to be directed by David O.
Speaker 4: Russell, known for Silver Lining's Playbook and American Hustle. The movie will focus more on Madden than the actual video game, as opposed to his college football or TV commentating.
Speaker 5: In a statement, the director was praising Nichol.
Speaker 4: Cage as one of the greatest and most original actors of our time, adding that the film will capture joy, humanity, and the genius of Madden in the seventies.
Speaker 16: I John Candy, John Candy would be the perfect John Madden. No, the guy that does the voices, Frank Calliando. Frank look enough like him, either does Nicholas Cage. They can make you look like something.
Speaker 2: John Candy could have looked like him. Yeah, John Candy would be too old. Well, jeseuzs probably the same age as Nicholas Cage're right, I don't know. There's nothing that Nicholas Cage can't do, so I can't say that it's bad casting. He'll pull it off.
Speaker 5: We'll see, We'll see, okay.
Speaker 4: Singer Jack Russell has died at the age of sixty three. He was a former frontman for The Great White. He died yesterday surrounded by friends and family. As a spokesperson who told reporters that he died as a result of Louis body dementia. He had announced that diagnosis last month, and he had also retired from touring. His bandmates say they'll remember his sense of humor, exceptional, zest for life, an unshakable contribution to rock and roll, where his legacy will forever thrive.
Speaker 2: Do you know this song? Yeah, great White had a moment. They were never huge, once fitting and it's a great way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, idea this is Alex.
Speaker 2: Knows this because he puts it in. When a celebrity couple breaks up, it's called the breakup song. And Greg kN passed away the other day.
Speaker 5: That's right, he lost his battle with Alzheimer's.
Speaker 2: And then there's that local rapper. So we got a whole blog page up for it. Okay, we got a whole blog page up for it. There's a bunch, there's a whole bunch of like deaths that were that we kind of found out about yesterday.
Speaker 5: Was there, Houston?
Speaker 20: Something?
Speaker 2: What you got?
Speaker 3: Astros are back in action tonight. They're going to open up a weekend series with the White Socks. They're trying to extend their eight game winning streak. Spencer Araghedty's gonna be in the mount for the Strows going up against Chicago's Garrett Chris Scheffer's pitches at seven to ten.
Speaker 2: You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: Here's a funny story on the sports blog page.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 3: You can go check out a Sanfords a Giants fan got and Michael Harrison the Braves hit his first career Grand Slam into McCovey cove and one of the dudes and the kayak.
Speaker 2: Went and got the ball.
Speaker 3: Then the Giants and brands were like, hey, this is his first career Grand Slam. We'd like to, you know, give you some swag and maybe some tickets in the future. If you just give us the ball back. It means a lot to him, and he was like, sure, I want a job with the Giants. And they say, well, we're not hiring currently, but we'd we'd love to give you some other stuff exchange the boy.
Speaker 2: He's like, as long as the Giants hire me, I will give you.
Speaker 3: I will give you the ball back under one condition I get a job at the San Francisco Giants.
Speaker 2: They declined. He has not given the ball back. This is an ongoing story. Go check it out. His name is Covey cove Dave. Think about what a loser you are that the only thing you do in life is paddle around during home games in a Kayak fan. He's a baseball fan.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of people do that that aren't loser.
Speaker 2: Kay is the loser. Just for that, for that, I love that. Just give me a job, dude. No, well, do you want to.
Speaker 4: Give him tickets and a shirt?
Speaker 2: He's like, I think I want I'd rather just have a job. I saw that dick when I was there one time. I was at that ballpark one time the Astros were playing there, and that other people in Kaya. I don't think they're all losers. This one is.
Speaker 4: He just wants to work.
Speaker 2: Pretty funny move though. Go check that out on the sports blog page today.
Speaker 3: And Football Texans are going to play their third preseason game tomorrow when they host the Giants at Energy Stadium. Dimiko Ryan said that he does plan to play the starters in this one, so expect to see most of the starters were up to a half. I would expect CJ to probably not play a full half of maybe Stefan Diggs and some of the other guys won't play the full half, but you'll see some starters, so that that'll be a good reason to tune in. And kick off is at noon and you can watch it here locally on ABC thirteen. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 10: The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Six Am, The Buzz, Bam Friday.
Speaker 10: He got free Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right, Bam Friday, Friday, Rody.
Speaker 4: I'm.
Speaker 2: Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 2: Who's this? This is Clayton Clayton, your collar tent brother Rob.
Speaker 1: Thanks to thank you, sir.
Speaker 2: Brother Clayton's getting the second case of beer where you're from Laport? All right, daddy? Oh what you got going on this weekend?
Speaker 1: Actually something pretty cool. Rob. The homebuilder I worked for has a national partnership with the.
Speaker 23: Show that hasn't been on for a while in three Makeover home editions, So we're actually between the Sunday and Thursday building a home in the Mason Works community in Cyprus for a really well deserving family.
Speaker 2: Bro I'm so glad, I asked you this. This is so exciting. I got an email about this and it sounded like such a cool thing. I was just kind of doing a little reading on it. A house is going to be completed in how many days?
Speaker 23: It'll be in a twenty four hour operation. So the slabs already on the ground, so you know, it kind of like them to see in a neighborhood. But from Sunday we will move that bus on Friday.
Speaker 2: That's unbelievable. And you're the builder.
Speaker 23: I worked with Taylor Morrison as a builder, so I worked for Taylor Morrison on the South side of Houston as a structured superintendent. But it's an all hands on deck. I mean, we've got our sales department, warranty department, everybody's volunteering.
Speaker 8: Tomorrow.
Speaker 23: The company is doing in March called the Brave Heart March to the Family of Homes that I'll find out tomorrow that but they're went in the house. Oh yeah, beautiful home, fully decorated. It's gonna be awesome. I believe it airs next spring.
Speaker 2: You got the all the volunteers you need or is there a sole place to sign up?
Speaker 23: There's actually you know, if you can even come out and there's a viewing area if they set up okay, you know, so it'll it'll have the address and everything. I think that will get published on Saturday online.
Speaker 2: And what's the show again?
Speaker 23: Extreme Makeover Home Edition.
Speaker 2: That's so amazing. I can't believe you're a part of that. That's so huge, dude, congratulations Home.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I'm super excited. I never thought when I never saw I watched it as a kid growing.
Speaker 1: Up, never be something I was the part of.
Speaker 23: But when they announced, I'm like, this.
Speaker 1: Is this is awesome.
Speaker 23: It's a lot of work, you know, and it's gonna be in the hottest part of the yeah season, but it worth it.
Speaker 2: Didn't like Ty Pennington do something like that years ago. Is he still involved or is there another celebrity that's kind of hosting the show now?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 23: He might still be another. There's a big talent section, you know big you know, their production house all over the plate. I got a lot of talent, lots of break for talent for the you know, camera crews to come in, gotcha. But it runs like a well matem. Taylor Moore can actually just built two in one week in Florida and then next month going to Arizona.
Speaker 2: So great, dude, that's so awesome. I'm so glad you won the beers. You're gonna have a great weekend. But have a great weekend, Clayton, congratulations.
Speaker 19: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Keap advisory today and all weekend. I just asked the guy, what's he got going on this weekend? Get a few things, Get a few things going on this weekend. I did get an email about that, like maybe a press release or something. That's pretty amazing. I like those shows, Yeah, I used to.
Speaker 4: I've watched him too, like Move that Bus and it was ty Pennington.
Speaker 5: I was like in high school when I was watching it.
Speaker 2: You know where he got his start? Remember his show before ty Pennington? No, no, no. I think the show was called Trading Spaces and Vern was the other guy that was like a designer guy, and the host was Page. She had been on this show a couple of times, and you would get to design a room in your neighbor's house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it wasn't always usually it did go sometimes it was weird well, but sometimes the other person would be very upset.
Speaker 2: And ty Pennington was the builder. I think on that show Trading Spaces. This was before the Home Renovation Boom. That was one of the early shows. I know Bob Vila had been doing it forever before that, so you could spare me the email. But this show was really kind of brought it to.
Speaker 16: Bob.
Speaker 2: Bob Vila was I think public PBS in the beginning. This was a regular show. It was on a cable channel, and yeah, like, hey, you want to go with this circus theme. If I walked into my house and there was fabric coming down from the ceiling and it looked like a big top, I would kick my neighbor's ass. I just think it's so mad watching that show. I'm like, you don't know anything about your neighbor. He doesn't want a circus theme, you idiot, just because remember that.
Speaker 4: Episode id a big top circuit.
Speaker 2: I would kill my neighbor Matt if he said, oh, yeah, I'm just gonna make it a look at the outback, you know, because he's from Australia. It's like every bunch of kangaroos hanging for the ceiling. I would kick his ass.
Speaker 5: They were on they were.
Speaker 2: Doing like a barn theme on one of them and like they used hey, I think and like put a on the wall I think that's probably where the show started to get weird.
Speaker 3: It was like, what are you doing there? We're under we're a little over budget. So this is just saying like just don't put anything on the wall.
Speaker 2: It's like, listen, I know my neighbor Rod put the biggest TV in there, stripper pool. We're good. We're done with this Trading Spaces episode right here.
Speaker 3: If I got pan my ride, they were like, all right, well, you like hanging out, So what we did is we took out the back of your truck and put a hot tub in it.
Speaker 2: You're like, that's cool, but like, what am I gonna do when I'm not in the hot tub? Thanks Exgucy Gibbit, you ruined my car. I'm a mover.
Speaker 5: All right, Well that's great shows.
Speaker 2: That's all of that. All right, I've got to take a break. Twentieth anniversary party tickets coming up on the flip and then I'll tell you, because most of you maybe didn't hear me this morning, I'll tell you how you can win on Monday show. I'm gonna go loco, which I was told I was loco. I was told that I was nuts. I'm gonna tell you how you can get some extra opportunities on Monday to get into the twentieth anniversary party. But I'll have tickets for you too on the flip don't go anywhere.
Speaker 10: The rod Ryan Morning Show six am.
Speaker 2: Ninety four bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Free Beer Friday, two cases down. But I know you got your eye on the prize which is coming Upniversary Party tickets October twelfth, Carbonck Brewery, Broad Ryan Show, twentieth Anniversary Hate Advisory. It's going to be on all weekend. It's today, It's been every day, started on Monday, So today Him ninety eight to Borrow ninety eight, Sunday ninety nine, partly cloudy, low chances of rain, summer so here, what's trending and curious.
Speaker 4: Blake Lively has been in the news cycle because of her movie It Ends with Us.
Speaker 5: It's a box office hit.
Speaker 4: By Wednesday, yesterday or earlier this week, it had collected over one hundred and fifteen million dollars at the global box office. There's some behind the scenes drama saying that some of the cast didn't get along and a lot of people aren't locked liking the way the trailer like pitted the movie.
Speaker 5: This is one of the most best selling.
Speaker 4: This is one of the best selling books of recent It ends with Us and it's about domestic violence. People are like, Okay, you're billing it kind of like a rom com. People are kind of giving Blake crap because she was also using her alcohol company to promote the movie, and they're like, this is a domestic violence movie.
Speaker 5: It's kind of weird.
Speaker 2: But anyway, that is weird. Both of those things are weird.
Speaker 5: I thought it was a rom com exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: So people who read the book, which is millions of people, they are going to the theaters because they know the message behind it.
Speaker 3: So also just trying to get people in the theaters. So the way however you sell it to get people in the theaters, I'm kind of okay, right as right.
Speaker 4: Also, her and Ryan Reynolds they're business they're a business couple. Okay, they're a business couple. I believe that we are going to see some backlash from people. There's like this point of popularity that it becomes too much I've guess saturate then and then people go boom, they flip the switch and they're like, you know what, this this and this you did it, and.
Speaker 2: I don't really like it.
Speaker 4: So people kind of doing that with the with Hollywood's probably most popular couple right now. Maybe Also, Hurricane or Nesso is something we haven't talked about a lot because it's not really something that's going to affect us, but the New York area and south of Bermuda, Hurricane Arnesso is currently producing one hundred mile per hour wins. They're saying life threatening rip currents. They're urging people to stay out of the water. Red flags are waving and in the new in New York City, so fyi, it is hurricane season. There are things like that going on. And then I thought this was pretty cool. Netflix documentary is coming out soon. It's called Going Varsity in Madiachi. It's going to feature a band from Edinburgh. We are we know the Madiachi culture here. You have h got a great Madiachi band. But yeah, it's been doing well at the Sundance Film Festival in south By, Southwest.
Speaker 5: So that's what's trending on ninety four to five to the bus.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll take calder number ten right now. Let me give you a little motivation here, kay we go. Now's the time on The Rod Ryan Show on Free Beer Friday, when we jump around and you call looking for color number ten Right now rod Ryan Show, twentieth Anniversary party tickets. Still got to win your way in. You can do so right now seven one, three, two, fi nine five. It's Friday. It's the Buzz. Where else would you rather be? Ninety four or five? The Buzz? Thanks so much for starting your day off with us. As we get ready, well after today we turn you loose. You got the whole weekend, lots of stuff going on. Tell them this weekend Texans Tomorrow you're going to the game. Huh Giants? Yeah, Texans noon, behave yourself all day. So I sent you a time lapse. Yeah, and on the spots block page. Is it up? So it's only gonna affect a small percentage of you, But the small percentage of you that get affected tomorrow, it's gonna stink. But it's like being at a real football game, guys. Okay, like an open air stadium. There's a couple of panels that are off of the roof, so they won't be opening or closing the roof. But normally you know you're you're shielded from the sun. Those two panels, the sun's coming in, so somebody was smart enough to go in and film time lapse what it looks like at eleven, twelve, one, two and three. Yeah, and there's gonna be a couple hundred that are gonna be just sitting and baking in the sun tomorrow. And it's gonna be hard to keep the stadium cool with those two panels. You know, it's like having the window open in the air conditioner on. Like that's like, it's good, it's good practice. It gets let's getting ready for football season. If you're going into the college games, you'll get in open air too, so like it's gonna be get used to that heat. It's gonna be less comfortable inside. But there's a couple of hundred of you that are the sun is just gonna be sitting over you for the whole game. Yeah, it's okay. People have been doing that for over one hundred years. Guys, you'll be just fine tomorrow. Let's go to the phones here, Good morning, rod Ryan showing Hi, who's this? This is Mike, Mike. I'm a lot of breath. I was jumping around for a couple of minutes there.
Speaker 1: I heard that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that song your caller number ten.
Speaker 16: Dude.
Speaker 2: Congrats man, that is awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Ron, it is awesome. You're welcome so much.
Speaker 12: Mike.
Speaker 2: I want you at the party. Man, the party. It's not my party. It's the twentieth anniversary the Rob Ryan Show. It's your party. It's anyone that's kept this show on for twenty years. It's your party. It's not mine. It's yours, Dude. I want you and your guests there.
Speaker 1: Okay, totally sooke man, thank you rock.
Speaker 2: It's an all day or three o'clock. Doors open at three. I cantally imagine what time these nutstlls are going to be lined up three to ten Carbok Brewery, Saturday, October twelfth. I mean, I got the sitter locked in everything. I'm not messing around. I'm not messing around, all right. I'm gonna roll up in a limo at this thing. I want that for you too, all right, Mike, who are you gonna bring?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna bring my partner.
Speaker 2: It's a good deal.
Speaker 4: Rob Were you said roll up in a limo?
Speaker 5: I just thought it. This is your twentieth anniversary. Are you gonna you like a Keith Sanietta entrance.
Speaker 4: Maybe you have like a I don't know how to do that choreograph, Like it's like your announced and you come out and like you do a routine.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Mike, you and your partner can work me up a routine. All right, you got it, buddy, Thank you Mike, Thank you you Salt. Yeah, I mean I've been to a Kinsinnara, but I don't remember how they entered in.
Speaker 4: Well, it's kind of like it's it's not just swee sweet sna it's also like a sweet sixteen Oh, like you know you hear like a grand entrance.
Speaker 2: Well, now that you mention it, maybe I could be carried in Cleopatra style. So like I'm in an arc.
Speaker 4: Obviously my shoulders hurt, and then there's just a bunch.
Speaker 2: Of like you know, big strong men that are carrying me. And then there's like a chick feeding me grapes. Yeah, and then another hot chick is like fan of me with a big banana leaf, some.
Speaker 4: Throwing roses like they're throwing things as you come into Okay, we could do that.
Speaker 5: That'd be great.
Speaker 4: That could be your entrance.
Speaker 2: Here's an email that I got earlier today, and it's about what we're talking about here, the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. I mentioned something special is going to be happening on Monday. Jason Forton, great listener. You guys know him, Yeah, big big dude with the beard. You know what, he's claimed to famous. He won the old only time we've ever done this. Maybe Alex was there the half gallon challenge? Didn't we do that at Lucky's with Maybe we did it? Oh yeah, halfway to St. Patrick's Day. Halfway to Saint Patrick's Day, we did a half gallon challenge. I used to have this unbelievable super slow motion video of him. It was glorious green milk going down his beard and everything. Jason shout out, he said, good morning, brother Rod Hope aul as well. Hey, I turned on the radio a little bit ago. You were talking something about a selfie and the twentieth anniversary party. Man Tammy and myself we were at the tenth. We'd hate to miss the twentieth. What are the rules?
Speaker 1: What do I have to do?
Speaker 2: I can't find anything on the website. Please let me know. I have a wonderful day, brother, Thanks Bubba. Well I did mention this on Monday Show. Most of you have known that we've done something called hashtag Monday Monday Selfie, and I think we've always had that. I think it's always been given the show Federal Credit Union, and it's just one hundred bucks, maybe like six weeks or you know, eight weeks. They give me eight hundred dollars and one hundred dollars of Monday just to take a look at you guys and have you guys lay selfies down on our Facebook page. We you know, we give somebody one hundred dollars. We do it for a couple of weeks. Usually we do that in like January February. We want to do hashtag Monday Selfie on Monday Show, and we're going to use utilize the four characters on this show. We're all going to take a selfie and that will be where you will see it posted for that hour six am, seven am, eight am, nine am. I think Chili's going at seven or no, Chili's going at six, I can't remember. I laid out the hours. Every hour four people that laid down a selfie, four people are going to win a pair of twentieth Anniversary Party tickets awesome four people in the six four pair, four pair in the seven, eight, nine for eight, twelve, sixteen pair of tickets given away on Monday mornings going to our just by going to our Facebook page and dropping a selfie. So, if you drop a selfie in the six o'clock hour and you don't win, guess who's gotta drop a selfie in the seven o'clock hour?
Speaker 5: You again.
Speaker 2: But if you don't win in the seven o'clock hour, guess who's gotta drop a selfie in the eight o'clock hour? That same person. But if I drop it in the eight o'clock I definitely want to do it the nine o'clock If I don't. If you don't win in the eight, you're gonna have to drop another one in the nine. Okay, so it could be like four selfies I have to drop? Well, so much work? Can I get to go to this part? Can I use the same selfie?
Speaker 1: Rod?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you want to be a bitchfie?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 13: Did?
Speaker 2: How hard is it to take a picture? I mean you could you could just take that one selfie and drop it each hour, but yeah, four names every hour?
Speaker 4: Drawn?
Speaker 2: We might break Facebook on Monday we literally might break chilli. Call Zuckerberg, let the zuck know. It's Rod Ryan's a three beer Friday. You get really, really drunk and then you get reckless and it's a lot of fun. On ninety four five The Buzz, Find the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Foo Fighters and All My Life. Probably my least favorite story on the show. Yesterday, Dave Growl claims he got a visit from Taylor Hawkins, who shape shifted into a real hawk, and Dave Growl probably sober as a is it sober as a church mouse? I don't know how that was saying, is probably sober? Okay claims that the hawk smiled at him and he said that has to be Taylor, like he's Mowanna or no, Maui. I'm sorry, Maui is the shape shifter in the story of Mowana felt it. He's a tricks to shape shifter. Ironically, he's a good story.
Speaker 3: Yesterday at the Mets game, none other than the Hawk to a girl throughout the first pitch. So I'd like to think that she knew that Dave saw Taylor in hawks and was like, well, check out this hawk.
Speaker 2: She threw the ball similar to Taylor Hawkins. So I wonder if who should throw it to and she was she able to bring one like one of her little silly girlfriends on.
Speaker 3: The field with her, the girl and like the video that's next to her. She was like her and her friend in the video. And I think she just takes her everywhere she goes.
Speaker 2: I think they just played catch on the field. I don't think she threw it like yeah, I don't think she attempted to get it over the plate like they didn't bring they didn't bring a player out or anything. She just like her friend catch the ball girl in the video and pop out.
Speaker 5: The first pitch she did.
Speaker 2: She did throw it out. Her friend friend caught it and the chest bump. They're changing the game. The whole first pitch thing is completely changed. Yesterday we had machine gun Kelly. I think most people know the traditional the first pitch is, you know, you celebrity gets up there and you throw the ball and you try to throw a strike. You know, you you practice. I practiced. I've dirted it before, but I've made it over the plate too. Whatever, half assed celebrity they thought I was to do it. But machine gun Kelly gets up there, doesn't even try. Maybe he's worried about pulling a fifty cent or a bab bab booie and he just takes the ball and hurls it into the audience. Now, that's not how you do a first pitch. Machine Gun Kelly, and then Hoktua changed the game a little bit as well. Yeah, so you got that on the sports block. Okay, she's still getting it done. She's still out there doing it.
Speaker 4: Well, they're booking her.
Speaker 2: They don't pay for that though. I mean, that's just her making an appearance to keep her name out there. So I don't yeah, yeah, yeah, nobody is paid for the first pitch. It's supposed to be like an honor to do it. But still, you're right, she got invited to do it. It's natural rum day today. Where are you at with rum? I like, I'll like, how do you drink it?
Speaker 5: I usually just do everything with diet coke, dicoke, cardian.
Speaker 2: Diet Okay, is it a kuba libra or a kuba livra or livray? Say it again libre? Yeah? Is that the rum and diet coke with line with a twist? Yes, cubra libre?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't I think I just go with every variation going. When I ordered that, I like that drink?
Speaker 4: You like that drink?
Speaker 12: I do?
Speaker 2: I just go give me a coop, you know what I mean? Yeah, because I don't know how to say it. I don't know what it is. You have somebody else with that. Rum is not the official liquor of New Orleans. It should be the Sazarak is the drink of New Orleans, which that's gross. But the pirates, and that's a real story, all the rum that came through New Orleans. That's how they came up with the hurricane and the dakeries and all that stuff. Rum was cheap and they could have They got all this surplus of rum, and nobody was drinking it, so they had to come up with drinks for it. And that's how it came to be. I think there's a there's this great story of how rum and New Orleans are are mixed together and there's pirates involved with it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Captain Morgan, I'm okay with rum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right? National Rum Day and National roller Coaster Day.
Speaker 10: Today he used US Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 6: Show ninety four, The Buzz that Shine Down and know that you know that they are going to be performing at the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party.
Speaker 2: Now it's going to be acoustic and unplugged. I don't know what the guys are going to do, but boy, that song would be amazing if listen. These guys know how to do unplugged better than anybody. Shine Down Sublime Blue October Theory of the Dead Man Exies. There is no on sale. Tickets will not be sold for this Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party October twelfth, Carbok Brewery. On Monday, we bring back hashtag Monday Selfie. We're going to be looking for you to drop a selfie on our Facebook page only Facebook. I was asked that already, and you're going to have to do it once an hour to try to win. Four of you each hour will win tickets to the twentieth Anniversary party. Sixteen pair given away Monday morning and then one on the air. Seventeen pair will be given away party Claudi's Guys today Tomorrow Sunday. Low chances of rain heat advisory all weekend long. What you got over there?
Speaker 5: Let's start with some national news.
Speaker 4: At an event in Maryland yesterday, President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris made their first public appearance together since he dropped out of the presidential race. Both of them had kind words for each other. Okay, so I mean they were supportive. Everyone was supportive of everyone.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: But it's going to be the North Carolina peeps that'll be able to see both presidential candidates this week.
Speaker 5: Former President Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: Is bringing his campaign to Asheville later this afternoon, and then following that, Kamala will outline her plan for the economy in a speech. She's going to be in a rally on Friday. That's today, so she'll be in rally today. Let's talk about something that happened here in Houston, and this is really a tragedy.
Speaker 5: We've been celebrating back.
Speaker 4: To school all week long with you guys, and Houston ISD is now having to provide a crisis response team. At Marshall Middle School, a student died after suffering a medical emergency. According to reports, an eighth grade boy collapsed during jim class on Wednesday, and an officer on campus performed CPR. School staffers reportedly told the Houston Federation of Teachers that the school's defibulator wasn't working. EMS responded to the campus and took students. Took the student to a local hospital, but district officials say he died on Thursday. The student's name hasn't been released, but as I mentioned, there is a crisis response team there. Those defibilators, Man, I've seen reports on them. They're a very simple thing to have. I think they are investigating now whether or not, like the people who are supposed to do these checks, you know, just like a fire alarm something like that, got to do these annual tests and checks on them, and they're trying to find out whether that was the case, if everything was up to date and current with that. So let's switch gears here and talk about Listen, we love debating about tipping etiquette, restaurant etiquette on this show. That's like something we love. But aside from tipping, what wout your cell phone? You have your cell phone on your table when you're eating a meal in a restaurant, you put it up?
Speaker 5: What is the deal?
Speaker 4: So there's a pom that says eighty percent of people say put your smartphone away. It should be out of sight if you're on a date. Fifty four percent of those polls said no one should see that phone during a family gathering. Half of us said we shouldn't have it out even when you're with friends. I mean, this is something the phone is something that is very distracting, and when you're spending quality time on a date with your family, with your friends, people don't want to see it.
Speaker 2: Go find any I mean a million restaurants here, Go find any table of two, three or four girls or more. Every single one of them has their phone sitting right there by their play settings. Every one of them has their phone set. Do you think about girls, because that's the point that I'm trying to make the girls.
Speaker 5: It's girls in restaurants.
Speaker 4: I think dudes have their phone. I see dudes scrolling on their phone at the bar everywhere, all the time, all the time. I don't think it's a man or guy a girl thing. I think it's a it's a society thing. Where duck faces sign, dudes are doing way worse in the DM duck sign. They are doing way worse in them.
Speaker 2: Talking about restaurant pics, you're talking about at a restaurant, Yeah, I'm talking about a restaurants. When out there dick at a restaurant takes a picture.
Speaker 4: You guys have it in your camera rocks. You have it in your camera rolls. You're just sending it your your commenting awful things on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Take a big, deep breath, you too. I don't feel like we're at a restaurant. We're at a restaurant in a phone. That's that's what we're talking about.
Speaker 5: A restaurant and a phone.
Speaker 2: Where do dick pics come into there?
Speaker 4: I think there's a guy's camera roll and they're sending them. I think guys are from the dinner probably. Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: I don't think there's anything.
Speaker 4: Off lane like where a guy wouldn't send one of those if they're in that lane.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just.
Speaker 4: Saying I don't I you are just saying, Well, when you said it's all girls in a restaurant, that's the first example you brought up.
Speaker 2: I think I think it's I did bring that up as an as an example. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 4: So then I said I think dudes have their phone at the table too. Okay, Yeah, So anyway, the poll also asked a mount split and bills. We have a whole blog page. You can go check it out. Five people were charged in the ketamine fuel death of Matthew Perry, Matthew's live an assistant, an acquaintance, the so called ketemine Queen, and two doctors, one of whom called him a moron. Yeah, it was just announced, so five people were charged. They all apparent, according to police, played roles in Matthew's addiction to ketamine, which apparently he used both as in extreme he used anaesthesia level amounts. He used it for therapy. His assistant has pled guilty to one count of conspiracy to distribute the ketamine causing a death. The two doctors charge are in San Diego. There's a fourth person charge who is again known as the ketamine Queen. She was trying to get more than the prescribed amount for Matthew. So lots of people in trouble. These are really all the details I have so far, but we know that the five people have been charged.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of when Michael Jackson died, and it just it was amazing, unbelievable to me that when you're rich, you have so much access, you can get so many drugs, prescription drugs.
Speaker 4: People are happy to get whatever.
Speaker 2: You need to be for you and then you have multiple people getting them for you and supplying you with them. Yeah, prescription.
Speaker 5: Says a lot, says a lot about the have and the have nots.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk about Green Day because they are celebrating the twentieth anniversary of their album American Idiot, and on Tuesday, a limited edition Green Day curing machine will.
Speaker 5: Be made available.
Speaker 4: It's a normal cuing machine, but it's a custom design. And Yeah, they have launched a coffee brand. It's called Oakland Coffee. That happened back in twenty fifteen, but now it's Punk Bunny coffee. So you can get all the information how much these brewer kits cost everything on the music blog page.
Speaker 2: Those are Houston sent lines taken Alex.
Speaker 3: The Askers are back in action tonight. They're going to open up a weekend series with the White Sox at home. They're trying to extend their eight game winning streak they're currently on. Spencer Getill been in the mount for this Drolls going up against Chicago's Garrett Crochet. First pitch at seven ten, and you can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven nine if you haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 2: It's on the sports blog pages.
Speaker 3: The Hawk to a girl throughout the first pitch at the Mets game yesterday, and people were really mad about it.
Speaker 2: What because they're like, he's not appropriate. I have to explaining my cash well hawk toy. It's like worry. You could just say, I don't know. I did? What is hawk to I? Maybe I don't know?
Speaker 12: Son?
Speaker 2: I can see some super conservative parent. I had to explain to my child who that girl was throwing out them. No, you didn't, you don't, No, kids, I wonder who that is. It's just some girl. She really likes birds. It's a girl on the internet. That's it. Yeah. I had to explain to my child, no, say I don't know and move on.
Speaker 19: All right.
Speaker 3: You don't have to make a big deal about everything. But you can see her first pitch on the sports blog page today. And football, the Texans are gonna play their third preseason game tomorrow when they host the New York Football Giants at Energy Stadium. Tamika Ryan says that he does plan to play the starters in this one, so expect to see them for up to a half of action. Off is at noon and you can watch it here locally on ABC thirteen. If you're going out to the game, you could also go check on the sportsblog page.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 3: We got a time lapse video that'll show you if your seats will be in the sun or not since you get those missing panels.
Speaker 2: It's preseason, so it's dialed back football. Yeah, is your tailgating dial back? Yes?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 3: Why because they are not my seats, so I don't want to make an ass out of myself.
Speaker 2: And also it's preseason.
Speaker 4: It's so thoughtful, so you're father, I have to go back to my daughter.
Speaker 2: Now you're dialing it back. It kind of changed a lot of things for this, all right. I don't think most people dial back their tailgating.
Speaker 3: For pres I think for preseason you ramp it up because you care less about the game, so you're like the booze and then we just have a fun time and then.
Speaker 2: We leave halfway through it. You're like out of party shape.
Speaker 3: I want to stay the whole time for Trie Houston's Rocking Alternatives The Rock Last.
Speaker 14: Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five buzz.
Speaker 19: Oh, It's Friday, Leave Friday, glad Weeks will bar getl Bird of Wednesday out well.
Speaker 2: Late tonight.
Speaker 19: Three tons of fresh on all the girls we ken. Oh, yes, we are blot the Friday.
Speaker 5: See here three Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, free Bam Friday.
Speaker 10: And rid Bam Friday.
Speaker 5: And right we bam Friday and were bad Friday.
Speaker 12: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, who's this? Oh you're Rod. I'm doing I'm doing great.
Speaker 19: Dog, Doug?
Speaker 2: How are you, Doug?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's say you Tom, I'm winning this.
Speaker 2: You one free beer Friday before you think you won? Yes? What makes you know?
Speaker 24: I have?
Speaker 2: Okay, you've won before once or twice?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 12: One?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: You think you're the beer winner right now? I hope so you are?
Speaker 12: You are.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Doug, two time beer winner. How long you've been at this game of free beer Friday?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Since I heard twenty one of them, thirty five. I appreciate all those years, brother, I appreciate it. Thank you to Specs for the beers. Enjoy your beers, my man. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 25: Hey.
Speaker 23: By the way, I'm actually good friends with Sarah Darcy.
Speaker 3: My husband is his.
Speaker 12: She is his here.
Speaker 2: Who are you friends with?
Speaker 12: Hi?
Speaker 23: Sarah Darcier or luchanof.
Speaker 2: Sarah Garcia Darcy, Sarah Darcy? Do I know Sarah Darcy?
Speaker 1: Do I know her?
Speaker 19: Or lu channan off?
Speaker 12: You?
Speaker 8: Literally is how her house? That's how my.
Speaker 19: Husband let you?
Speaker 5: Oh makes sense?
Speaker 2: Awesome? Okay, tell her or him or tell them? I said, Hi, I definitely, well, okay, all right, thanks perfect. I couldn't understand what are you saying? Making friends every well?
Speaker 4: I think Sarah Darcy perhaps hosted a party that maybe you were in attendance at okay party and you met his husband.
Speaker 2: Wonderful for your food. We obviously told him about those little sandwiches.
Speaker 17: Doug and dog and Doug Doug.
Speaker 2: I've been to a lot of house parties here. You'd think i'd remember that.
Speaker 5: Lets well back, there's just not a lot of house.
Speaker 2: Parties that aren't mine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're usually the host.
Speaker 2: There's just not a lot of house parties. Nobody wants people in their house. Is the house party going away? The keggar is going away? The keger just doesn't happen anymore.
Speaker 4: The keger the last one.
Speaker 5: When my brother graduated, we had a cager okay, and that was.
Speaker 4: What two years ago?
Speaker 2: Three years ago? Eks dans, Oh, yeah, they still do keke stands around a keg. Yeah, okay, that's good. I don't remember this house party. I'm like bendad'ntill twenty years. I've been a half a dozen house parties that like, weren't my friends.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all the house parties I've been to you here, like I think all of them are yours.
Speaker 3: No, it's still host parties usually buy, we want to drink, We're gonna come over.
Speaker 2: And I wasn't having a party. Then we just show up. I was not having a party on St. Patrick's Day. And Tessa said, yeah you are. That was important.
Speaker 9: That was it.
Speaker 2: That's just how that works.
Speaker 5: That was culturally significant.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, Doug, enjoy your beers. Tell everybody I said, what up? I miss him? Dearly. Tell her to have another party. Okay, Doug, do this for me. Doug, tell her to have another party, and I will come and I will make sure it's memorable. Okay, I will make sure that it's memorable. I will never forget Sarah's party if she has a second one, and I'm lucky enough to be invited to them. I'm gonna invite Conroe and Rosenberg on the show this morning. Come on, all right. I don't know what the fresh hell happened yesterday, but Chile on yesterday's show after the Summer Summer Sizzler, he started calling Holly and Joe and just made sure that they were going to be there today, and then he called him an hour later, and I think he's given him a call every hour. I don't think they got any sleep, right, Chili called him on the hour every hour just to make sure that they were still going to play today. So I don't know how much sleep they've got, but they are up. Chili told me they are a lock. Holly from Conroe, Joe from Rosenberg. We'll revisit with them and then we'll get ready to Sizzle Rock and Alternative. The rod Ryan Morning Show, six am ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. I can't tell you how happy it makes my heart to see two people on hold and they're the same names that are on the bracket. Okay, that didn't happen yesterday. Game that didn't happen. I went live on the air, like who are these people? I mean, one of them but who's this other guy? Sneaky Pete, Holly and Joe. We're gonna say hi to them in just the moment. You guys know, we got a heat advisory today. I'm quite sure that it's going to be locked in and dialed in for the next week or so. But yeah, for the fifth day in a row, heat advisory. True temperatures highs up around ninety eight. And that's what you're getting all weekend, low chances of rain, partly cloudy skies. What's trending?
Speaker 4: Well, people were still talking about the fact that everyone's Social Security number is now available. We're all part of a hack.
Speaker 5: I mean, what are we supposed to do?
Speaker 2: I feel like it was enough. Yes, that was a big deal.
Speaker 4: It's a huge deal. I almost went with it again today, but like the news cycle is already something different. But like is everyone everyone's aware that, like our social Security numbers were all part of a huge hack.
Speaker 2: Do anything, so take a glance. You can't, you really can't. I mean you could just we should be like reimbursed for something.
Speaker 5: It's the move.
Speaker 2: You can go and change passwords and then just the only thing you can do is keep an eye on your credit card, your bank statement, keep it, keep an eye on your account for any suspicious activity, because that's that's all we can do.
Speaker 5: Whose fault is it?
Speaker 16: Like?
Speaker 2: Somebody want to blame somebody? I want somebody yelled at?
Speaker 5: Claim everything fraud? Okay?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 4: Ray Gun the viral breaking Olympian she went on social media. She says she's bummed to receive some hate online because she's worked her butt off.
Speaker 5: She says she is thankful to have brought some joy into people's lives. But ray Gun has.
Speaker 2: Spoken maybe she should throw the first pitch out of the Met's game today.
Speaker 3: Well, she would have to be like whatever Australia's version of baseball.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, cricket yeah.
Speaker 5: Also pumpkin sprice products.
Speaker 4: Guys, if you haven't been like out and about, then you don't know they're already hitting the market. Pumpkins spice season is here early for a lot of real tailors. According to Yahoo Finance, the pumpkin spice market, it is valued at one point one billion dollars that was in twenty twenty three, and it's on pace to soar to two point four billion by twenty thirty.
Speaker 2: Doesn't Starbucks still raise the flag on that season. I mean, I know, like today today you can get pumpkin spice garbage bags. There's they smell a pumpkin spice. But don't we still kind of wait for Starbucks.
Speaker 4: Wait for stars. Like Starbucks is leading the market.
Speaker 18: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I went into Target.
Speaker 4: I saw a ton of pumpkins stuff and I literally reached for it, and I was like, it's a thousand degrees outside.
Speaker 2: Not yet, not yet. I bought some Halloween lights too. There was Halloween stuff about it at home. I could help myself. That's enough.
Speaker 5: That's enough, that's what's trending.
Speaker 2: Like I probably don't even need them, don't I know, I don't do anyone. Oh my god, I have all the Halloween Hey, Holly, good morning, Good morning. There's Halloween crap on store shelves already, and I can't. I gotta buy something every year. A problem. I knew, Holly, I.
Speaker 9: Already bought something for Halloween.
Speaker 2: It's see you and me, we're part of the solution here, not the problem, right, Halley from Conroe, How did you get here? I don't remember your game.
Speaker 26: I guess the song in the band got it first.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's how you do it. Are you gonna do? Is say, Rod, I kicked a little ass, and then I'll know exactly what you did. All right, all right, Holly, kick some ass Joe from Rosenberg, Good morning, good morning. You win today they'll be calling it Josenburg. Okay, you'll be in the Great eight. So right now, you guys both sit in the in the Sweet sixteen. Josenburg. How did you get here?
Speaker 10: I had a little rough start but got it right.
Speaker 2: Okay. Did you hear Holly how she kicked ass to get into this sweet sixteen?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 25: I heard her.
Speaker 2: Okay, you better start punching. You better start swinging, all right, Joe, or they'll never change the name of Rosenberg. You've got three and a half minutes to think about it, Joe, Holly Sizzle, next twenty years of Mayhem in.
Speaker 10: The morning d Ryan Show, only ninety.
Speaker 2: Four, ninety four or five the bus, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Stained and for you, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Free Beer Friday. One case of beer left straight up at nine and then boom we turn the phones over. It becomes open Phones Friday. It's your hour. Whatever it is that you would like to talk about, and you know I look forward to that hour every Friday. It really is like the beacon that light at the end of the tunnel. I love getting you guys extra airtime. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain this weekend. No, maybe a little bit more tomorrow, partly claudy. Most of the weekend upper nineties. Heat advisory.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming they're just gonna say tomorrow and Sunday we're in heat advisory mode here. I'm so happy that the people that are supposed to be playing are playing. Hi Joe, Hey Joe. Our friends over at show Federal Credit Union, they gave they gave me six thousand dollar, but I can't have that money. I'm going to give it to you guys. Okay, Final four, everybody gets two hundred and fifty bucks. The winner gets five thousand dollars. Would you like a taste of some of that?
Speaker 16: There?
Speaker 12: Will?
Speaker 2: Okay? Then don't screw up, dude.
Speaker 22: Yeah, just.
Speaker 2: Set your name, give me the name of the song in the band. It's it easy. I'm ridden it's easy for everybody not playing. Holly. Holly made it sound easy, and her first go around, welcome back, Holly, Thank you, Because I don't want a repeat of what happened yesterday, and I don't think you need any extra incentive. I think everybody's fired up. It's never happened before that somebody went a that guy never called me. The guy that was supposed to play yesterday.
Speaker 5: We haven't heard from them.
Speaker 2: Alvin never called me, never contacted me. Nothing. I hope he's okay. I don't think you guys need any extra incentive. But I'm going to give everybody in the final four Rod Ryan show twentieth anniversary party tickets. That's that's you're two games away, both Joe and Holly. You're two games away from winning two hundred and fifty dollars and Rob Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets. That goes for everybody.
Speaker 26: I emailed you with that idea, so like I have to win those now, okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, well listen, right, it was your if that was your idea today. Okay, I didn't know I was going to say it before, right I said when I said it, But maybe subliminally I knew that you wanted that to happen. All right, what game is this? Nineteen nineteen game number nineteen. You shout out your name and then you will have a very short window to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. Holly's done this before. Joe's looking to prove his worth, and Joe wants to be in the twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 8: I know you do, Joe?
Speaker 2: Oh, I do I know you do?
Speaker 19: Joe?
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, guys, here comes your song. Shout out your name when you think you know the title in the band, Holly, Holly.
Speaker 26: Semi charm Life start eye blind.
Speaker 5: Nope, no, no, no, no, that's so similar.
Speaker 8: I never put those I always get these two mixed up.
Speaker 4: Do you know what these two?
Speaker 5: What is the other one? You're thinking it's gone now it's it came in and it left.
Speaker 2: I'm over practiced, Holly, unfortunately lost. Joe. You're skating through again.
Speaker 1: Do you know what it was?
Speaker 8: Two Francis Ye.
Speaker 23: Yep, I did this all day yesterday. Who got me?
Speaker 26: Every time?
Speaker 2: Holly? We got to say goodbye to you and in the grade eight, Joe, I don't think we're changing.
Speaker 4: It to Josenburg yet, not just this week, not just yet.
Speaker 2: We'll let you do it over the weekend. It's not Josenburg yet. But you've skated two games now you in you're in the grade eight. You're one game away from cash and anniversary party tickets, three games away from winning it all. Okay, that's good.
Speaker 10: I'm ready.
Speaker 2: When are you ready? Okay, I'm waiting for you to be ready. You keep telling me you're ready. Yeah, dude, just shine on that last game. Just sand bag your way to the top.
Speaker 12: Baby.
Speaker 2: All right, Monday's game Row Sharon and clear Lake. I love this game.
Speaker 12: Coming to the.
Speaker 5: News school year. You may not bring your own ingredients to science class.
Speaker 2: This isn't breaking bad. The Ron Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five, The Bus four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Offspring, the Kids Orange. All Right, great round of the suburb Summer Sizzler, brought to us by Shell Federal Credit Union. Joe from Rosenberg slides through again into the into the Great eighth Who ro Sharon clear Lake Monday, No, Miss, that's how it That's how the settlers said it. Okay, that's how the settlers wanted us to say it in Okay. I just realized I must have signed up for Pinterest when it first came out, and they still send me like Pinterest. Here's some pins about be interested in ye yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Today's Pinterest. Apparently I don't go there that much. Here's some haircut ideas for Rodney. Oh cool. None of those are going to work for me. Pinterest. Nona says, are you interested in this? I said, no, I'm not. I'm a bald king. You know who else are kings? The short kings. I'll see that all the time on the internet. Now, shout out to you short kings AI, which is I know my friends here, it's their least favorite thing that I talk about on the show. But putting AI to work against short kings, I don't know that I can condone this. Okay, I've got some shorter friends. When we talk about people on their dating applications or on their dating websites, the biggest things that people lie about if there's finances mentioned and their height. Okay, money and I feel like those are the two they weight, you know those. I mean, everybody's lying on their thing, But I think short kings out there are maybe trying to squeeze in an extra inch or two. Okay. Someone realized that you can now use chat GPT and you could kind of figure out if someone is fibbing about their height, If they have a couple of pictures on their on their profile. You can upload those now into AI and you can say how tall would you estimate this person to be? An AI expert tried it with ten different people. It was accurate within an inch of everyone, and half of those people were lying.
Speaker 4: See, let's come on, it's.
Speaker 2: Good, do my short King's a break.
Speaker 4: But see if they can do this with height. It's only amount of time before they could do it was.
Speaker 2: Wait and oh listen, I imagine they can. I imagine they probably can't. It's just specifically somebody went and tried it out to try to catch guys lying about their height.
Speaker 3: But if you're that person that like uses AI to go through every dude's yeah profile that.
Speaker 2: You're looking at like that, you're a psychopath.
Speaker 5: You're the problem for sure.
Speaker 4: If you're using AI like some girls are as ready the CIA, Like I have friends that are the CIA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's but the the the civilian background checks are getting more and more severe now with AI.
Speaker 10: Houston's Rock and Alternatives.
Speaker 14: The Rod Ray Morning Show six to ten AM, ninety four or five, A buzz.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go ninety four or five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Poppa Roach leave a Light up. That's the one that he did. Duet Carrie Underwood is available. You can go check that out YouTube. Ass that I don't know if country radio is embracing that. I don't know what country radio is doing. Somebody just sent me a machine gun Kelly Jelly Roll song we were listening to and it's kind of sounds like a John Denver song. So everybody's getting in the country right now. Ten percent chance of Ray Party, Cloudy Pipe ninety eight with a heat advisory. One final time. Houston's headline Stessa, What you Got.
Speaker 4: Ten service members were injured after a training accident in Nevada. Police say the incident happened last night at the Fall Naval Air Station and that two Navy helicopters flew the injured service members to a hospital in Reno. Hospital officials have not announced their conditions. We had a listener message me, message us and say that Fell and Naval Air Station.
Speaker 5: That's where they filmed all the Top Gun movies. It's known as the Top Gun Naval Air Station.
Speaker 4: Kerre at Houston Center Point is asking a judge to cancel a mandatory rate review that was in effect prior to the arrival of Hurricane Beryl last month. The utility filed the request on Wednesday and asked that the review put off be put off until next June based on the impact caused.
Speaker 5: By the storm.
Speaker 4: Now the judge, so the Center Point reaches out to the judge, But the judge was also contacted last week by representatives from dozens of cities in Centerpoint service areas. So each of these cities demanding that Center Point not be granted that delay. Everyone's claiming Centerpoint overcharges its customers by more than one hundred million dollars annually, and putting off the review, they say, would mean another year of them being able to overcharge us.
Speaker 5: Okay, So that's what's happening here locally.
Speaker 4: Also, the official Scrabble Dictionary is adding a bunch of new words. One of the official dictionaries that's used has added yeat backni.
Speaker 5: Bougie, flu nibbling.
Speaker 4: Am I right the one word slang version of am I right spelled A M I R I T E stan AnyWho What if I was.
Speaker 2: In a pinch plane scrabble with you guys and I put an ri z down?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 4: I think it would be two zi's riz. I think any two zies for that imagine the word score.
Speaker 2: Could I get that riz is.
Speaker 4: RIZ one or two zies?
Speaker 2: Alex okay, okay, would you allow that? And scrabble? Yeah, if you play a lot of points, oh okay, thanks.
Speaker 4: I would say no because I'm not giving you all those points. So anyway, those are your new options. Casting for Madden is nearing completion, with Nicholas Cage set to play legendary football coach and commentator John Madden.
Speaker 5: The film WI will be directed by dave O. Russell.
Speaker 4: He's known for Silver Linings, Playbook, and An American Hustle. He says the movie's going to focus more on Madden himself than the video game. In a statement, the director praised Cage as one of the greatest and most original actors of our time, adding that the film will capture the joy, humanity, and genius of John Madden in the nineteen seventies.
Speaker 5: In music news, singer.
Speaker 4: Jack Russell is dead at the age of sixty three. This is the former frontman for Great White. He died yesterday surrounded by family and friends. There's a spokesperson for the family. The told reporters he died as a result of Louis body dementia.
Speaker 2: He'd been deteriorating for a body well for longer than a year. He had been looking bad and still out performing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he finally retired from touring, and that was the reason that he had kind of given people. The bandmates in White Shark of White Shark for Great White say they'll remember his sense of humor, his exceptional zest for life, and unshakeable contribution to rock and roll, where his legacy will forever thrive.
Speaker 2: I think Greg Kin died a couple of days ago, and for some reason, we're just finding out greg Kin band, we played this one anytime in so celebrity breakup, we play this song, hit another hit, and then he went on to be a radio DJ for a long time. Yeah, he was on the air for a long time, maybe out in Los Angeles. And then there's a local death musician.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we had the rapper great Why do I keep saying great one?
Speaker 4: I don't know why I keep saying that.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I have him, I don't have that. I don't have that story pulled up.
Speaker 12: I thought I had it right here.
Speaker 4: But he was a producer and a rapper here Okay, beat King, beat King, Houston rapper and producer beat King passed away and that was a local.
Speaker 5: Story that was going around as well. So those are your music stories all on the music blog page, and.
Speaker 3: Those are Houston sent lines taking Alex Yeah askers are back in action tonight. They're going to open up a weekend series at the White Socks at home. They're trying to in their eight game winning streak. Spencer Arraghetty is gonna be in the mound for the strows going up against Chicago's Garrett Crochet first pitches at seven ten. You can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety and Football Detextans are gonna play their third preseason game tomorrow when they host the Giants at Energy Stadium. Tamiko Ryan said that he does plan to play the starters in this game, so expect to see most of the starters from up to a half. Kickoff is going to be at noon and you can watch it here locally on ABC thirteen.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports, Okay, coming up that last case of beer sure, and then open phones Friday. Yes, We're gonna leave you with Jane's addiction tickets. Yes we are, that's all. That's still all on the table.
Speaker 10: Houston Rock, Houston's alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety five.
Speaker 7: Buzz Bam Friday. He got free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Man, Right Friday, Right, Bare Friday, Bare Friday.
Speaker 2: Right, Good morning, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Yellow.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this? How are you?
Speaker 12: My name is Raven?
Speaker 2: Hi, Raven? Is your name? Raven? You just so much better every buddies call you.
Speaker 1: No, that's my rooman name. Mom was an Aggar Allen Poe fan Raven.
Speaker 2: Have we talked before? We must have?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we talked before.
Speaker 23: I was the one that was up in Washington and two pictures of kirkle Banks house and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, Raven, I remember you? Hey your color ten?
Speaker 1: Awesome, man, that's a great way to start to weakiding, Raven.
Speaker 4: That's pretty dope of your mom. Like that's kind of, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, like poetic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you, Alex.
Speaker 2: Very poetic. Sure a poetic sure? All right, hey, Raven, enjoy your beers.
Speaker 1: Are you from I'm from Houston?
Speaker 2: All right, dude, Hey, congratulations, enjoy your beers.
Speaker 1: Thank you, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you. Have an awesome weekend, and then Heat Advisory all weekend long. So you got to just be careful if you're gonna be doing some mount door activities, still go out though. You gotta be out there, Heat advised me today. I'm sure they're gonna drop that on us tomorrow. They're gonna drop it on us on Sunday. We're gonna be like hovering right at around one hundred degrees. I now you know, I'm gonna give Chili a minute to turn over the phones. That's it. The beer's gone, guys. Raven got it. Okay, Raven got some beers. So as Chili's tried to turn around these phones. Now, I dropped a bomb this morning on the show, and I said, coming up on Monday, let me repeat myself. Coming up on Monday, we're gonna bring back the hashtag Monday selfie, and we're gonna do it four hours of The Rod Ryan Show on Monday. Every four hours, I'm gonna give you an opportunity to win four pair of tickets to The Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party October twelfth at the Carbock Brewery. How does it work?
Speaker 10: Rod?
Speaker 2: All you gotta do is drop a picture on our Facebook page. It will be a Facebook exclusive. All you have to do is drop a selfie. There's no hashtagging Chile, there's no nothing, there's no like Well, I don't know how to tweet Rod. I'm on the x elon musk No no, no, no, no no. It's Facebook, and I know ninety nine point nine ninety nine percent of you know how to manage Facebook. You drop a photograph underneath our post. Each hour, four of you will be selected to win twentieth Anniversary Rod Ryan Show Party tickets, the one you gotta win your way into. Yeah, that one all right? Right now, somebody's emailing me and they're saying, Rod, where is it? Where is it? Where is it? Chili did put a link up? Chili did put a link up? That kind of explains it as well. Monday, we're giving away sixteen and then the one on air seventeen pair of Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party tickets. Seventeen pair giving away Monday morning. Okay, so come back to us. You know, whatever you got going on this, you know be careful this weekend and then come back to us. We'll hang out. We'll party on Monday. Open phones for Friday, open phones for Friday. More like open phones Friday.
Speaker 19: Yay?
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 2: He had a couple of joshs that got through first. This is Josh the Goat. Everybody, I think you're familiar with him. Josh the Goat.
Speaker 1: Good morning, ride.
Speaker 2: I don't remember you being on for open phones Friday before.
Speaker 1: This is my first time on open phones Friday.
Speaker 2: Okay. He just happens to be the greatest fresh out of bad head to head player of all time. What do you got for open phones?
Speaker 1: Dude? Hey, I heard y'all talking earlier about the computer hack and the social security numbers getting out and asking what you can do about it. There are a couple of things can do quickly. There's a credit freeze and there is a fraud alert that you can put on your credit account. If you go onto Google and just do a Google search for credit freeze, it'll take you to the credit bureau website. And they brought all the FAQ's as to what to do and how to install them, and they're free and you can get them done today and protect your credit.
Speaker 2: That's a great thing, dude, that's an awesome thing. And I just said because somebody else had asked me, well, Ron, I hadn't heard really much about this. Yeah, this massive I mean you know about this, right, this massive social security breach. Yp Okay, I've had.
Speaker 1: At alert on the credit for probably the past ten years and it's worked fairly well.
Speaker 2: Okay, the bare minimum. You could do everything that Josh the Goat said. He's the goat for a reason. He lives in this space too. I just told you guys, just keep an eye. I mean, I know you guys, just use your credit card and it's just online. You never take a look at it. Keep an eye on it for the next week or two, and just keep an eye and see if there's any suspicious activity on your card. You got to kind of just be vigilant too. And you got to look. I'm not saying we don't all have to go out and get new credit cards and new stop. It's just keep an eye on it. That's it. Josh Social, you can't get a new social You're right, You're stuck with that.
Speaker 1: The freeds are the fraud alert. It'll help prevent it before it happens, so I mean monitoring, you're gonna catch it, but you've still got to deal with it.
Speaker 2: Way to go, goat. That's awesome. Thank you, Diana. Your next up on open phones? How are you hi?
Speaker 27: Wonderful?
Speaker 4: How are you guys so great?
Speaker 2: What you got for open phones today?
Speaker 27: Fantastic. I am a chairperson of a dog rescue gala. I actually called in last year as well to give a little shout out before the event.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 27: It's held on Friday, September twentieth at seven pm at the Springs Event Center in Magnilia. It's benefiting Street Dog Rescue. So we've taken all types of street dogs and do feedings and feed the ones that we can't bring in, but hoping to raise a lot of money in support of this great cause. It's a catered dinner with a silent auction, live auction, great drinks and casino tables.
Speaker 2: And where will people go to get more information about this? Is there something online?
Speaker 27: It's easy absolutely, Corridor Rescue dot org.
Speaker 2: If you email that to me, I'll give it to the team and we'll make sure we put that out there. Okay, absolutely, Okay, Diana, keep up the great work man. Good to have you back on Caleb Caleb open phones. Hello, brother, Yo, man, Hey, I've.
Speaker 1: Been hearing you call Captain Cash big baldy. If he's big body, that make you little baldy.
Speaker 2: I'm always little baldy to Captain Cash his big bald head.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Captain Cash is a pretty big guy.
Speaker 5: He's a massive man.
Speaker 2: I've tussled with him more than one Why would you do that? I don't know. Like we have like almost full on we've traveled together and we've full on fought.
Speaker 4: You've broken front of Yeah, there's like no way you have it.
Speaker 5: Y'all are too big to be rolling around.
Speaker 2: We have beat each other up before. He's tough man. He's a tough dude. He's played hockey for years. Dude's big.
Speaker 7: Him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like if I was a dude, especially not now.
Speaker 2: I've gotten the upper hand on him a few times, but I'm sure he he'll be quick to tell you that he's probably pinned me to submission more than I have him.
Speaker 5: He's the biggest baldi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, he's big baldi for sure. All Right, I don't mind be a little baldy, Josh Tree, this guy, this guy is beating me up every day. Bro, Come on, all those memes I make for you? True dude, I got you on in the shop. Come on, I hold the mirror, alex Is Jerome. How am I going to get these twenty anniversary party tickets? Well, Monday, drop a selfie on our Facebook page.
Speaker 1: I'll be dropping multiple selfies.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's how it's gonna work, because if you drop one in the six o'clock hour and you don't, you're not one of the four winners. You're gonna have to do it again into the seven, in the eighth and the nine. I know you're in it for the long hawks. I know you don't work at your work. You just do things. He doesn't get. I mean, does your boss know who you are? Does he does?
Speaker 11: Your boss?
Speaker 2: Your boss knows that you're Josh Tree on the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 12: Right. Yeah.
Speaker 18: Actually a couple of the extradiers were like, man, I think I've seen you before, And then they saw me on that commercial.
Speaker 1: They were like, man, it's them.
Speaker 2: You must be so good at your job they just allow you. He's almost he's on. He's part of it, like the Wizard, like like radio Wizard likes to be the fifth Beatle of the Rod Ryan Show. If there was a sixth beatle, I think Josh Tree would like that.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, definitely, you know, whenever you want to give me that job, you know. Okay, And I also wanted to say, Joe astros Man, they are on a hot street and I'm loving it right now.
Speaker 2: All right, Tree, thank you Tree. All right, Well that's another line open, and I feel like we're off to a really really good start on Open Phones Friday. We'll get to another back of calls on the Flip ninety four or five the bus Welcome Back rod Ryan Show nine twenty three, Open Phones Friday. I'll get back over to your calls. I see every line is humming right along. But first online Kid's Alex Online ninety five the muzz all right. I am always a little nervous when he says, Rod, I need you to pull this up on your computer. It's like he's forcing me to take part in his bit. Yeah yeah, okay, what do you got? I mean pretty good?
Speaker 3: Today's was sent in by Taylor Allen, so shout out to Taylor. I mean, it's Friday, nobody wants to work, but what you might want to do instead?
Speaker 2: Of working. You mean is play the cello with a bird, and that is exactly what you will be doing.
Speaker 22: Bird.
Speaker 2: I have it pulled up. There's a cello and it looks to be like some sort of an Ostrich type bird, and the Ostrich is holding the bow in their mouth. You can do this on your phone as well. But if you hold down your mouse or you would hold down your finger on your phone and you just.
Speaker 5: It's a beautiful rod.
Speaker 3: And Yeah, you can play the cello with a bird. You can go concert style. You could pick a song.
Speaker 2: I was just playing Ludwig van Beethoven's Ode to Joy. You can also freestyle it if you want to.
Speaker 3: Click up top and then you can record your performance and send it to your friends and family, Like, check out what I did today.
Speaker 2: I think I'm freestyling. Yeah, you just said that to me.
Speaker 5: I love it so much.
Speaker 2: All I'm doing is shake in my mouse back and forth. Hang on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's pretty beautiful.
Speaker 2: There's fast. Yeah I need that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty great. Way better than working today. So if you would like to play cello with a bird. Thanks to Taylor Allen for submitting this, go check it out The well finish rod Ryan Show bless dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you, good night. It's really funny. Yeah, alright, let's go. I'm gonna keep that up, gonna keep that right. It's Open Phones Friday. I love that. Two one, two, five nine four five.
Speaker 4: Like classes, Yeah, really classes a drugs One Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Who's this? Oh this is hey dude. You're on open phones, Man, go ahead, open cells. Who are you there? Yes, sir Jerald and talk to me man, you're on the airy.
Speaker 11: So we got the Leak City Post five to five four American Legion.
Speaker 12: They're playing for the World Series out of.
Speaker 11: Well they're playing out of Leak City, but they're playing in Shelby, North Carolina.
Speaker 21: Uh.
Speaker 11: They play today at three o'clock on ESPN three. I know we got the Astros and the Texas playing in the Little League Girl Series, but these guys here, they're a hell of a team.
Speaker 5: Well we wish them the best of luck.
Speaker 4: So they're gonna be playing on ESPN today. They advanced over Williams Sport and uh yeah, cool cool stuff. Oh no, this was last year, but hey, congratulations to them. All right, that's the first thing that gave up when League City.
Speaker 2: Little legan all Right, Gerald, thank you, Donnie.
Speaker 8: Brother Rod, good morning. Hey, while you're cello birding?
Speaker 2: Can you Cello bird.
Speaker 8: The Facebook and Instagram of Stay Tuned for Vet. Tessa knows all about this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so do I I haven't been knowing much about anything today.
Speaker 4: Stay tuned for vets?
Speaker 2: How many?
Speaker 8: How many service dogs have you petted?
Speaker 10: Named?
Speaker 8: Colton talking about Stay Tuned for Vet?
Speaker 12: You know the.
Speaker 5: Yes, of course I know that.
Speaker 8: I'm giving a non shameless stout out promotion for my one of my good friends. He's an Army veteran combat medic. He started a brand new organization to focus on mental health needs for veterans that is like creative art, art expression, stand up comedy. He's an extra in a bunch of TV shows. He's actually an extra in the show Walker, not like the Chuck Norris, you know, the old school one, but like the new one with Jared.
Speaker 2: Pat let nice.
Speaker 8: And he does all of these things. And his group was called day Tuned for Vet. And what's crazy is that other guy was talking in League City. I am also in League City, and I got to tell you guys, thank you for the Twitter love. I'm the one that just posted the picture talking about how great my family is and how grounded.
Speaker 1: They keep me.
Speaker 12: But with my dogs.
Speaker 25: Yeah, I guys like it.
Speaker 8: That is my boxers.
Speaker 5: He's got three boxers.
Speaker 2: D Thank you, Donnie. I appreciate it. Leak City is really coming shining strong today. Hey, Jeff, what you got Hey?
Speaker 12: Earlier today you guys played a song in the background and the Brudbug and a lot of great memories. But I can't remember who did it, and I was wondering if you could help.
Speaker 1: Me out with that.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's the Greg Kin band, and unfortunately Greg Kin passed away a couple of days ago. The name of the song is the breakup Song. We've been living to get full of a million rays?
Speaker 1: Have you done?
Speaker 2: But let me ask you, Jeff, is it driving you crazy? Was it one of those things where it triggered something and you just like, damn it, what was that?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 12: Absolutely no, I was right. Brought back memories of being a teenager and I was just like, oh my god, dude, And then I was losing it. Yeah, just girlfriend trying to explain it to her.
Speaker 1: She wasn't getting it.
Speaker 2: You know that that that that that that come on, honey, you must know that song? Yeah, look it up.
Speaker 12: Looking up on the internet.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. All right. Yeah, it's Greg Kin. So there's a I think we have a video up for that. He had two hits. He had that in the Our Loves and Jeopardy. He had two different songs. There's unfortunately, there was a bunch of deaths in music, and there's a whole blog page up for it on links and guests. But we included, you know, celebration of life. We're celebrating some of their music. Okay, James is next up on a phones. Good morning, James, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 9: How y'all guys doing today?
Speaker 2: Awesome man? What you got for open phones?
Speaker 9: Great man. I just wanted to do a shout out to my nonprofit organization. I'm a founder. It's called God Child.
Speaker 28: Y'all can check it out on the website, and it's all about preventing hot car deaths. You hear about it every summer, babies dying in hot cars. We developed a hangtag that you can put in your vehicle or your front door, your office, or you're anywhere, just to remind you to check your back seat because babies are dying and we need to be the voice for them. We need to help them thirty seven babies die on an average in the United States. Unfortunately, Texas meets the nation with the most hot car death.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, James. I've heard of this technique before, and it's more for the ladies. But if you have a kid in the car, they say put your person in the back seat. You're never gonna leave without your purse or your cell phone. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll say put a shoe back there or something something. I mean, if you really heard that for you Have you heard of that technique before?
Speaker 9: Yes, I have. But you know the way that we came about.
Speaker 28: We've been doing this for seventeen years, okay, and we developed a hangtag you can hang on your river mirror. It looks like a handicap sign and it reminds you because you're always looking at your river mirror.
Speaker 9: For emergency vehicles or anybody's approaching your car.
Speaker 28: So you see that haintag and it just reminds you throughout the day and has a picture of a baby and says, you know, check your back seat, and has our website, got child dot com.
Speaker 9: And it's just a reminder.
Speaker 28: But I've everybody I've been getting the feedback telling me since I put it up in my car.
Speaker 9: I mean, I just can't stop checking back seats.
Speaker 2: And where can people get more information about your organization? James? Is there a Facebook ped on your website?
Speaker 28: Go ahead, we got a Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, give your website Twitter.
Speaker 9: Our website has got www. Got child dot com?
Speaker 2: Got child dot com?
Speaker 9: Correct, that's correct, dude.
Speaker 2: Keep up the good work man, and I believe me. I know I know how hard it is running a nonprofit. Watch a lot of work, Edgar, You're next up, bro, Good morning brother, Good morning to you.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 2: What you got for open phones?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 29: I just want to give a shout out to all the drivers out there and anybody's driving around anything to stay hydrated out there. You know, we're here making an honest living, and that's it.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about just people behind the I mean all drivers, of course, be be aware. But are you a truck driver or something? What what you know you're geting attention to us?
Speaker 29: I'm a raid driver delivering batteries and all. So I mean I listened to you from homeroom all the way to ten o'clock.
Speaker 2: Man, that's awesome. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Or until wizard plays all over tree.
Speaker 4: Like a damn damn wizard, Edgar said.
Speaker 2: Edgar said, knock it off. Yeah, thank you, Edgar. That's another light open seven one, three, two two five.
Speaker 13: By Summer far Bye for say goodbye to Summer, The Ron Ryan Show, More Needs On ninety four to five, The Bush.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five, The Buslinquin eighty two, and all the small things. Okay, I got some more time, dude, if you want to get in for open phones Friday, or dude at I see there's a couple of lines open open phones Friday. We still pay that guy to say that it's open phones Friday. Apparently we still do pay him. Okay, Jamie, Jamie, Hi Jamie, how are you so great?
Speaker 8: So good?
Speaker 26: I've tried to call so many times that I never get through.
Speaker 2: You're through now, man, You're on open phones?
Speaker 3: What you got?
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do with your time? Well?
Speaker 26: I was calling to tell you that we share a special day. My birthday is the same day as your universary.
Speaker 2: Sounds like an angle to me. Okay, So I would love tickets, but I keep trying to call to win.
Speaker 26: I'm going to do it the right way.
Speaker 2: True talk here. This is the date that we were able to get the bands. It would be awesome. My anniversary is January second, or maybe it's third, or maybe it's the fourth, I don't know. Whenever they made us work. So January first was New Year's Day, and then January second is when I started in two thousand and four, so that's the actual date. But this year it's a celebration. So that was kind of the date that we could get to get all the bands to kind of play nice and we can make sure that Justin was free that date and all that. So, but your birthday's October twelfth, so you'd like to maybe be at the party for your birthday?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I would love it.
Speaker 26: And my daughter I think she actually wrote you a letter, and she keeps asking me, my mom has called you?
Speaker 2: Has Rod called you?
Speaker 26: This is the second letter she's ever written in her life, and the first one was to Kendri Scott.
Speaker 1: She never responded.
Speaker 2: Was it an old school in an envelope type of deal?
Speaker 26: Yes, in an envelope in the mail she's nine years old.
Speaker 4: We just looked to the area where we'd have a letter and yeah, how long ago did she send that letter?
Speaker 26: Probably when you'll first started announcing about the radio because I make them listen to you every all the time in the car.
Speaker 2: Now because good Baylor swift.
Speaker 26: How to get turned off on the back burner, the wee could listen to you to try to win ticket.
Speaker 2: Let me look, let me go look for that letter.
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 2: Did you hear about hashtag Monday selfie? I did? Okay, I did four pair of tickets. Now listen, this is just the start of fun and games here. Okay, we have a lot of tickets to give out. I got to put two thousand people in there. I want you there, four pair of tickets each hour on Monday. Drop a selfie. I can't wait to see you Jamie on our Facebook page Monday. I'll put my kids in there too.
Speaker 11: Yeah why not?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Letter definitely mule out the kids. Why not always shay your next up on open phones? Hey, there's the road? How you don't? How are we going so great? What do you got for us today? Well?
Speaker 24: First, I want to say thank you for the Peach Show.
Speaker 1: I actually watched on the bus to work.
Speaker 2: Really, you take the public transportation? You take the bus to work? Yeah, it's been a while since I talked to somebody that took the bus. That's awesome. Every day you're on the bus.
Speaker 24: Yeah, because yeah, my car is not working right now.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do what you gotta do. So how what's how's the bus dude? You're just watching us?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd like to talk to you while you're on the bus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was actually a nice experience.
Speaker 2: Do you think, Shay, how long are you on the bus?
Speaker 12: For?
Speaker 1: Oh an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: Do you think at any point during that bus ride that you could get a bus full of people singing The wheels on the bus go round and round if I could. If I'll throw this out there, Shay, I don't know. I mean, you haven't asked or anything like that, but no, if I could get you on a public bus and you get that bus singing, the wheels on the bus go round and round, I would give you twentyth anniversary party tickets, Okay, I I would be willing to do that. I would love to hear a bus full of people singing on their way to work in the morning. I mean, because it's just got everybody's miserable and public transportation and you're off to work, and I would love a sing along on a bus. I think would sound great. That would that would be worthy of a big reward. And I think the reward would be I think you'd be worthy of a pair of anniversary party tickets.
Speaker 1: Oh, that'd be great.
Speaker 2: So you'll be taking You'll be taking the bus next week, right, I mean you're you're a busser. We could do this next We can do this next week. Okay, Joey, we got to get public transportation, Shay, We're gonna get her on next week.
Speaker 5: This is gonna be important.
Speaker 2: This could be great.
Speaker 1: Yes, And also.
Speaker 24: I want to talk about Disney's new punk rock album.
Speaker 2: I didn't like when you say, what is it, Avril Levin, what kind of punk rock is Disney doing?
Speaker 24: So it's a punk rock version of Disney songs basically, and they have my favorite band, like basically my favorite band song there Meet Me at the Altar and Magnolia Park.
Speaker 2: So it's real bands that are doing yes Disney songs. I didn't know anything about it. I'll go look it up. Yeah, I'll go look it up.
Speaker 13: Shake.
Speaker 2: I want you on the air next week with us, Yeah, saying this will be great. I'm gonna put you on hold because Chili's gotta get your information. Okay, okay, oh my god, I need that to happen.
Speaker 5: How stoked are you?
Speaker 2: I need that to happen. Yeah, they say, Michael, you're next up on open phones.
Speaker 1: Hey yeah, just real quick.
Speaker 9: Someone made a comment about so security breach.
Speaker 1: You can't get a new security security number.
Speaker 25: That's false.
Speaker 1: You actually can, but it's difficult.
Speaker 2: You have to prove it's someone else's using. Yeah, my dad had to do that. My dad had to do that back in the day.
Speaker 1: The office.
Speaker 22: Yeah, the office will leave you a new numbers you're monitory or credit and you can show activity that isn't related to you.
Speaker 2: There was another Patrick John Ryan and something out. My dad had to go through all of that pre internet, pre online standing in lines, and he ended up. I know there's a way to get a new social but nobody wants to go that route. Nobody wants that. I got a guy you got to.
Speaker 1: Get nobody ever wants to do it. But I mean, this affects so much of everybody's lives.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you really need to be diligent.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Michael. I appreciate it.
Speaker 22: Man.
Speaker 2: Maybe one more here, Big Red, Hi, Big Red, what's going on, brother, talk to me, man, you're on open phones. As a matter of fact, I think you're going to close it out, so make it good.
Speaker 22: Ron. I've been listening to you since you were in New Orleans, and once I moved here after Katrin right on, We'll upen to you since then, and I was just wondering if y'all ever did another. Now I've been listening to show if these Texans can handle the gallon challenge.
Speaker 2: H we remote, we've done the gallon challenge here, Big Red. You're breaking up just a little bit. But here's what I got from your call. Got you listened to me in New Orleans. Thank you you came here after Katrina. Sorry, but glad to have you. You're wondering if I've ever done the gallon challenge here? Oh yeah, Sat Patrick's Day. We used to do it every year, and as soon as we get Saint Patrick's Day off of a weekend, I'm gamed to do it again. So yeah, no, these Texans have handled that milk well, Big Red.
Speaker 22: Oh really, I'm surprised they.
Speaker 2: Have handled it well. Everything's bigger in Texas, Dude, they want to do a two gallon challenge. I won't allow it. I won't allow it, Big Red, like I'll do it. Drink a water towel. I'll do a three gallon challenge, Brother Rad, I said, no, that's reckless. Okay, you'll be cutting white turns for a month. Wait a minute, chilly, what do you want? You want to drink milk?
Speaker 7: Chill?
Speaker 2: You don't want any of this, nah. I just wanted you to take Martha Coler two. Oh okay, Martha. Okay, Hey, Big Red, good to have you on BREA. All right, I guess I gotta do one more Martha. Good morning, Rod, good morning, he said, I have to take this call. You got to make it quick, though, but I love having that real quick, real quick. Sure.
Speaker 25: I want to give a big shout out to James Taylor High School and Katie. This weekend they met down is doing marchathon through the neighborhood. Those kids are going to walk fifteen miles and the successive feet raising funds for the marching.
Speaker 2: Ban Oh my god, that's awesome.
Speaker 8: And they need the.
Speaker 25: Money because they need to replace one of their equipment trailers that's rushing through the floorboards.
Speaker 3: Oh oh dang.
Speaker 4: Okay, if any equipment trailers are listening to this could be a good donation, could be a good deed.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, that's awesome.
Speaker 10: Be great.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Martha, that's awesome.
Speaker 19: I was.
Speaker 2: I was a band guy a little they were built different.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize these band kids are marching out in the heat and doing all those turns.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I was an air conditioned gym playing.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All the football players got the glory for the two days. Two days for the band. Yeah, okay, two days for the band too. All right, what are you giving away? I know the show.
Speaker 4: I'd love to pay tickets to see Jays Addiction in Love and Rockets since even one.
Speaker 10: Three.
Speaker 2: Okay, I will see you there on Monday night. You want tickets. Be listening to us on the flip of this break Houston Rock.
Speaker 10: Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 2: Show ninety four or five the bus Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. Real quick. I know, we got to get into another show and we got to get out of here. One of the callers, I can't remember her name now, she said that her daughter wrote me a letter.
Speaker 4: Yes, she said, because her birthday falls on the same day as the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I kind of left it as well. Listen, that's great. It's an awesome occurrence. And you know, I'll be looking forward to seeing your picture up on our Facebook pages. We do we bring back hashtag Monday selfie. Sophia who is at the front desk here, She comes in and brings me a letter. Listen, I don't know what goes on here with mail and stuff like that. I used to get letters all the time. I used to have a mailbox at the other station. I used to have an office. I don't have any of that stuff now. I got a letter here from Jersey Village from Audrey, says, Dear Rod, my name is Audrey. My mom is a Blue October fan. Your twentieth anniversary happens to be on my mom's birthday, October twelfth. I want to get her a gift, but I'm only nine years old, and I thought this would be a great present for her. This would be me and my sister's first Blue October concert. We would love to take her to this concert for her birthday. Can you help me with this? Please? Sincerely, Aubrey with a heart. PS. I'm at Camp nine thirty to three thirty, but if you have any questions, you can call me on my mom's phone. Give the numbered.
Speaker 5: I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for reading my letter.
Speaker 5: That is so sweet. That makes me want to have a daughter.
Speaker 4: Do you think my daughter would be writing? She races to get me into the concert, She.
Speaker 2: Wrote to ninety four point five the Buzz at ten Rod Ryan one two three three West Loop South. Yeah, I'm gonna give you guys tickets.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, but wait, are kids invited to the birth?
Speaker 2: It's an all ages Okay, okay, it's an all ages thing. She said. I would love for me and my sister to take my mom, so she needs more than a pair of tickets.
Speaker 5: She's that three.
Speaker 2: What am I gonna do? Alex say no, the kid wrote me a letter, Get off me.
Speaker 3: What are we gonna do when everybody else is like listening right now and hey, honey, I would like tickets right into the right Ryan.
Speaker 2: Well, I think we give them.
Speaker 3: Tickets, absolutely, But I think we said a president like don't get your kids just send.
Speaker 2: Letters into like this tickets down. This closes out the letter portion of the giveaways that we're giving. I got a chore for you this weekend. I mean, I can't not. I mean, Audrey, Audrey, it's a beautiful letter. Thank you so much. Okay, it looks like you're gonna get your mom a birthday present today. I can't say no to that.
Speaker 4: Alex Is like, look, baby, ol wrote rod letters.
Speaker 5: For a huge race.
Speaker 2: Well just said give daddy a raise. No read, I can't not. I can't not do that.
Speaker 4: That was Brabo.
Speaker 2: Great letter, wonderful. All right, we're gonna hook them up, make up great. Your twin is not your twins happened? Your twin is pissed off. Listen. I know that you guys are twins, but Chili, you and I are twins. Today we're wearing the same shirt. So I want in on this twin thing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you can't be the twin if you're that soft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, you give one. That's why, that's why, that's why it doesn't. That's why when Audrey wrote, and she didn't say care of Chili because she get nowhere. Now you're gonna have it was Martha.
Speaker 5: Wasn't her name Martha?
Speaker 28: Now you're gonna have Josh Tree, Eli and all their kids rising and.
Speaker 5: Kids.
Speaker 28: My daddy slaves and stuff over a hammer swings every day.
Speaker 2: I had four tickets set aside when we first announced for the first kid that wrote me a letter. So that's a winner. Audrey job, Audrey. Okay, question for Jane's Addiction tickets. What's your question? I know the show.
Speaker 4: Someone just needs to tell me what one of the official Scrabble dictionaries we mentioned a ton of words that they added.
Speaker 5: Give me one of those words and I'll give you the tickets to Jane's Addiction seven one, three two.
Speaker 2: It's the Buzz. All right, we gotta go.
Speaker 3: What's she Says?
Speaker 2: Loves ninety four five The Buzz? Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Come on, man, we are so late, just headed the now. Time for know this show on ninety four to five The Buzz.
Speaker 23: Al La la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, Roberto, Welcome in guys, Roberto. Everybody. What's your question, Roberto?
Speaker 4: What words were added to one of these new Scrabble dictionaries?
Speaker 5: Come on, name one, say it again?
Speaker 4: Buji Bougie, show me Bougie. Okay, Yes, you get the pair of tickets to see Jane's addiction because you know the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. I've been listening to a long time.
Speaker 2: Roberto, Thank you so much.
Speaker 19: Man.
Speaker 2: I will see you Monday night. Jane's addiction can't wait. I could. He used a little more cow bell plent to get Alex to go. He doesn't want to go.