Speaker 1: Hey, what's up? And welcome back to part two of Analyse Michelle.
Speaker 2: I'm Ben and I'm Nicole, and you're listening to Wicked and Grim a True.
Speaker 1: Cry podcast.
Speaker 2: Morning.
Speaker 3: The following podcast contains content and material intended for a mature audience listener discretion.
Speaker 1: What's up? Hey, Hey, Hey, welcome back to part two show.
Speaker 2: Best Week's everyone. There's two episodes you good bye. I just ate ale bunch of peanut butter, which is really like the last thing I should be eating.
Speaker 1: Before before podcasting. Let's just have a big old spook for peanut butter. Why not, I'll wash it down with's some trench, some trench alcohol, shadow to trench.
Speaker 2: We hit up trench today.
Speaker 1: I got some thousand peaks, some thousand peach rosemary. It's all good. This is my favorite beer, literally favorite beer.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're obsessed. You got to stalk up. But you stalk up and then you just drink it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that's the problem. It's like I'm gonna store all this away in my belly.
Speaker 2: Yep. Well, because we just do what you got eight and you're already drink too. No one's judging. I'm just pointing it out.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, fair enough.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I should not have had like a scoop of peanut butter before this situation.
Speaker 1: But you are right with what you said a moment ago. Though. It's the best weeks when you get two episodes, although we're making them wait though, that's you're.
Speaker 2: So kind because there are so many podcasts that will just like do part one on like say, do we release on Tuesdays and then they'll release part two on the next Tuesday.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: So I feel like we're hella nice.
Speaker 1: That's that's very true. We are pretty fucking nice, Like we're amazing people. We do good things. So yeah, we're not pad on the back. We're not biaus at all, not at all. No, are you ready for this?
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: Actually let's get into it. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: This shit's been affecting my life.
Speaker 1: I need closure, any closure.
Speaker 2: Well, every time a goddamn dor squeaks and closes, I'm just like dumb. You have been on edge, such on edge, and I think it has to do with this shit, Like I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, well, especially with Halloween coming up, it's probably only gonna get worse for you, because I know for me, I'm going to start looking in some more spooky cases rather than just typical true crime stuff. Yeah, especially in October when we got some cool shit.
Speaker 2: Coming in, super cool shit. But I don't know, it's just like we have a lot on the go. And then I feel like when it starts getting darker earlier, that like bring some spookiness too.
Speaker 1: It's true that eerie like vibe hits your life.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and then yeah, we've been making me watch we're not making me. We've been watching scarier movies lately, and yeah, I'm like being affected here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 2: I think my next case I could pick like a just like a social psyche. What am I trying to say? I have no idea sociopath, a sociopath something that I can't relate to.
Speaker 1: Something you can't relate to. You got it?
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know. We'll see, we'll see, Okay.
Speaker 1: So first of off, first off, thank you to everyone out there who reached out to us and congratulated us on our announcements. And second for everyone who's dropping the bomb on everything to do with the Exorcist, the original Exorcist movie and how it was written or how it's done by the book, how it was off of the written book, which is based off a true story. There we go. The first person who actually did message us was Jobey Fawn. I really hope I'm pronouncing your name right. Anyways, you you talked about it and you send us a message. So I just want to say thank you to you guys out there, and thank you for hitting us up. We really appreciate it. We've got some like photos of like some staircases and stuff that was in the movies. In the movie that was like just right by someone's house.
Speaker 2: The visual that we have in our our recording area is quite the scene.
Speaker 3: We're a little bit distracted right now because Ripley is being because we have like.
Speaker 2: A blanket hung up just for echo I guess right, And there's a cat gone behind the blanket and then our cat's trying to get are our dogs trying to get under there? And asses in the air, and it's just a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we'll leave that be. Let's get going with this case. Let's go for part two. You guys, thank you for waiting. Let's get going on it. Let's dive in. So Annalise is now gone through all that sort of hell and she is now going into her exorcisms, that's kind of where we left off. That's where we're at right now. So after the first trial version of the exorcism was performed by Father Alt, which went on for approximately two hours, Annalise cried a sigh of relief as she said, quote unquote, I am free and the demons supposedly left her body.
Speaker 2: Oh so she initially thought she was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was. She was rid of the demons at that point. Okay, However, it didn't last long because, as we know, she goes through multiple more extorcisms. So the next day, subsequently, the demons did return with a vengeance.
Speaker 2: Oh she only got a day's break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, barely even, probably like twelve hours by the sounds of it. So Annale's behavior began to spiral out of control. She would frantically rush through the house. She'd keep repeatedly kneeling and standing rapidly over and over. So she's just like dropping to her knees and then standing back up, dropping to her knees. And this is something that she continues to do over and over throughout the rest of her exorcisms.
Speaker 2: Dang her poor knees.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they would be bruised, they'd swell, and in the end her knees were I don't know how broken, but I know she doesn't at least fractures in her knees.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: She would sometimes pray repeatedly from dusk till dawn, and she would repeat herself over and over with things like my Jesus forgiveness and mercy, forgiveness and mercy et cetera. Just repeat from dusk till dawn. That's fucking scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, I just can't even imagine, just like I don't know, for lack of better words, but like the vibe that is in the house with that, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I really can't.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think I would just be Oh I think i'm on eyed cheer. Could you imagine living in that?
Speaker 1: No? I can't and I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Oh well, yeah you said that you would just close the door, Yeah, little.
Speaker 1: Timmy, just like nope, Sorry, Tim, You're on your own, whether it's a medical thing or a spiritual thing, whatever the cause that's a big old note from me. Yeah, like, yeah, I'm sorry, I'm piecing out of there. Oh you're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just feel really bad for her, to be honest.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, definitely. So screaming was a normal thing for her and the whole household well, coming from her. I'm sure the parents would scream sometimes of frustration and terror, but mostly it was coming from Analyse. But it was a normal thing throughout the house to hear the screams, except for times when she would tremble and fall to a complete canatonic canatonic state of rigidity. Annalise saw clouds of flies and shadowy figures and creatures that eventually her family claimed to be seeing throughout the house as well.
Speaker 2: The family would see them as well.
Speaker 1: Apparently the family would see them as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's sure a new layer yeah, huh okay in trusting.
Speaker 1: So the church was contacted and express written permission from the bishop to perform the exorcisms on September twenty fourth, nineteen seventy five. So we're now into the full exorcisms.
Speaker 2: So I just feel like she needs like help, like to be admitted into somewhere that can help her.
Speaker 1: But I know, I know, well that's what they're trying to do though by these exercises.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, because.
Speaker 1: They did try medical and they couldn't find anything. The EEG scans found nothing on her brain, essentially nothing. The medications weren't helping almost anything except maybe some seizures.
Speaker 2: And like, I guess, evehen right now, she's not even really having those.
Speaker 1: She's I mean, she's not She's having seizure activity, but not like Flun's convulsions. I guess yeah, because like those canatotic states of rigidity could be perceived as seizures could be. So it's hard to say now. I always know.
Speaker 2: I was just like looking at your face and like he's lost, right, I need to.
Speaker 1: Scroll and like keep like when we talk, and need to like scroll up to the spot I was in. So they expressed, okay, there we are the express permission and did the first exorcism on September Tour twenty fourth, nineteen seventy five. Father Wrenz conducted the ritual, and at first he said that Analyse seemed normal when he arrived, but in the course of the exorcism, Analyse's behavior quickly changed. At first, she was calm, but then her begin her body began to shake violently, and she screamed and thrashed about, and it took three grown men to hold her down and prevent her from biting anyone or assaulting anyone.
Speaker 2: Holy, I mean three grown men, Like, that's that's a lot. That's a lot. Like, yes, that's needing a lot of restraint.
Speaker 1: But again, because I can understand, I'm trying to play the neutral point of view here, because I have my own perspectives and that sort of thing, but I'm trying to just play Devil's advocate and be neutral here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, that is a lot of strength and a lot of like super natural esque type strength. However, we as humans do not access our full potential of strength when adrenaline kicks in. We see feats of superhuman strength consistently throughout history and different events, and they say that in like the Animal Kingdom, that that strength is a lot more easily tapped into. Yeah, like chimpanzees or something. For whatever reason, through evolution, we don't tap into our full potential of strength, probably for harming your own bodies. So maybe in a state like this, she's able to tap into that adrenaline and full potential of her strength, making a lot easier for her to overcome people of greater size or multiple people.
Speaker 2: But she was like a small.
Speaker 1: Girl though she was she yes, but also on that same note, it could be a fucking demon in.
Speaker 2: Her well, yeah, because she was a small girl, and she was also at that point, really I'm probably undernourished and not overly healthy, right, Yeah, so that's why I'm like surprised that it would take. But then, I mean, if someone's thrashing about like that is hard to contain really too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I mean like even just a kid picture, like a twelve year old kid just normally thrashing about. Yea one parent is going to have a difficult time holding that.
Speaker 2: One killing you need to Ye.
Speaker 1: It's a hard perspective to really think of. And I mean, yeah, I mean supernatural strength could be perceived, but you never know, it's really hard to say for sure. Not counting it out just playing that devil's.
Speaker 2: Advocate, you're playing neutral. It's a good way.
Speaker 1: So Father Wrens actually, during the ritual, began sprinkling analase with holy water, and immediately illicid screams belted from her mouth. She reacted violently to the holy water. She demanded the priests stops, but however he pressed on yikes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was her demanding or the demons, you know, Well, we get into this little bit, am I jumping ahead?
Speaker 1: Yes, it is the demons through her, Okay, through the exorcism. She doesn't have control or anything like that. Demons are screaming or speaking through her. And in those audio recordings like we played at the end of last episode, you can hear that demon ass.
Speaker 2: It was wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the whole session of the first full extorcism lasted about five and a half hours.
Speaker 2: That's too long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And at the end of it, elucid Analie said that she that they should have continued, and she felt that the exorcism was troubling the demons. She wanted to continue to get rid of them. But the problem is going on that long. To take a toll on the demons would also mean taking a toll on her.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a long time. The only thing you should be doing that long. I feel like a's sleeping.
Speaker 1: I think you should be sleeping longer than.
Speaker 2: Well at least. Yeah, but that's a really long time. But it's interesting that she's giving that much consent that afterward it's like, yeah, go longer kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she wants to get rid of these things. Yeah, but also just to throw this out there. I'm totally okay. If people binge our podcasts for longer than five and a half hours, just okay.
Speaker 2: So there's another thing you can do. Yep, and I think people have. There's some people that have finished all of them in like two days.
Speaker 1: Which is insane. You guys are amazing for that.
Speaker 2: That's incredible.
Speaker 1: That means a lot. Okay, moving on, Okay, from the ritual, she had full recollection of everything that happened, but she was not in control. Now there's one hundred percent another personality within analse's body which is quite distinct from her usual self, and this may mean possession by demons, but it may also mean something else. It's hypothesized that it could be a multiple personality disorder, oh okay, though many are doubtful. If there were truly multiple persons in a single body, one might not know what the others are thinking or doing, and analyse could recall everything.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you don't know much about that disorder.
Speaker 1: I guess I looked it up briefly, and I guess multiple personality disorder is actually very very much so a skepticism type thing in the medical field. A lot of people are like there must be something else at play, like bipolar or something. Maybe I don't know, but for multiple personalities, because people generally know what the other personality in their body is thinking, and for multiple personalities or multiple hopes or persons in one body, it doesn't make sense that they share the same thoughts.
Speaker 2: Huh. So interesting. Yeah, it was an interesting I don't know anything about that really.
Speaker 1: But that was a whole other path that goes out absolutely so.
Speaker 2: And if they're kind of skeptical of it, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, like I said in the end of last episode, over the next ten months from nineteen seventy five to nineteen seventy six, Analyse endured a total of sixty seven exorcisms. She went through one or two each week, lasting up to four hours long.
Speaker 2: That is so much. It's like a part time job, that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then probably so. During the ten month span, they were able to discern six separate demons within Annaly.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: The demons that were insider are Cain, who is the son of Adam and Eve, known by the title as Father of Murder. He was the first ever person to commit murder. Nero, who was a cruel tyrant emperor in Rome during fifty four, ad Hitler, who's.
Speaker 2: Well it's hit Yeah, no explanation.
Speaker 1: Fleischmann, which we'll get into him in a minute, Judas, which not who you think, but we'll get into that in a minute as well. And Lucifer, who is of course the devil in himself.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, like.
Speaker 1: Cringing here, I am cringing.
Speaker 2: It's just like wild, like that they got that much information, Like, I just don't think that she could just be making the shit up.
Speaker 1: In the audio tapes. I mean, it's there's a lot to listen to. There's hours and hours of audio. If you listen through the audio audio tape, you can actually hear them having conversations with specific demons, like who are.
Speaker 2: You making different kind of voices?
Speaker 1: I listened to each individual demon and they do kind of but not really. It seems like they're still using her vocal cords.
Speaker 2: Okay, so which I yeah, which makes sense, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't sound that different, which again plays into the fact on the arguable arguable fact, was there actually six demons? Is she actually possessed? Is she just going through some sort of mental thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I just feel like to get like that much information and would she even just knowing her background, her beliefs, would she even know all these people, like, would they have been in something she would have learned about?
Speaker 1: You know, well, most of these demons can actually be found simply through biblical readings study. Okay, aside from well Hitler, who was well fucking Hitler. She lives in German or German.
Speaker 2: She lives in German, so she would know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. However, there is one that stood out to the priest. That's Valentine Fleischmann. And now he was a Frankish Catholic priest who lived in the sixteenth century. Fleischmann's priesthood lasted from around fifteen seventy two to fifteen seventy five. He had been excommunicated from the Catholic Church due to his drunken behavior and outlandishness. Fleischmann was accused of assault and murder. Really, yeah, at the time Fleischmann was a was a name. There was very little information about the information was very not so available to the public per se. It was someone that Analyse rightfully should not have known about or come across in her studies, because she did do studies before. We talked about that in the last episodes last episode she was, but still it's not someone she should rightfully know about. Okay, So there's another one that seems a little bit weird. It seems strange that a man's name Judas should be given for a demon, yet it's claimed that Judas was often given by other possession victims as well, not just analyse. It's not that the demon was actually Judas of the Gospels, apparently, but instead the name represents the role of a demon like a fucking job description. Basically, no day, Yeah, a Judas demon attempts to force its victory to imitate the apostle and the betrayal of its lord, because in the biblical readings, Judas betrayed Jesus, right, So that's what it's paralleling is this demon is trying to get you to betray your beliefs and Christ and the Lord and that sort of thing. Often it would actually prevent its victims from swallowing Holy Communion in order to steal the hosts. So basically what this means is a demon prevents you from making a connection to God that's keeping power over you. Holy communion is a ceremony where the bread represents the body of Jesus and the wine his blood that was shed, and in consuming them, it's a way to remember him and receive Christ the nourishment and strength and hope and joy from him, which in turn are all powerful weapons against such demons.
Speaker 2: H Okay, this is just like it's like whoa, it's information overloads, it is. But it's just like the fact that this, this whole story is just it just honestly blows my mind, like it literally does.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the fact that none of these were working though, like they were able to like tap in and get that much information from these demons. Yeah, but that like it's kind of like why didn't anything work, Like why couldn't they get them out or even one out? You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that just seems But out of those six demons, like I said, there's a lot of like, oh, fucking Devil's in here, fucking Hitler's in here. You know, pick any fucking villain from a TV show that you want, Oh, he's in here. It could just be knowledge that someone's just randomly spitting out there.
Speaker 2: Right, fucking Dexter maybe in there.
Speaker 1: Dexter was a good guy. What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she still murdered people, he did, he did, But in the best of ways. I guess that you could be a murderer.
Speaker 1: But there are the two, which was Fleischmann, who she rightfully shouldn't know about, and Judas, which is not necessarily representing Judas himself, but Judas the role of whatever that I just described here. And this is a consistent pattern in other possession victims. So those are two kind of interesting things about that. Very Yeah. Now, Analyse was beginning to refuse to eat during the times of her exorcisms. She went through stints in the past, but now it was worse than ever. And she stated, quote unquote that she was not allowed to wow, So whatever was in her was not allowing.
Speaker 3: Her to eat.
Speaker 2: She must be so just frail height, she.
Speaker 1: Gets extremely frail. We'll touch on that a little bit.
Speaker 2: That's just the main thing that I visuals, like this frail young woman.
Speaker 1: That's exactly that. But then on top of it, it's not just this frail young woman. It's this frail young young woman who is thrashing about.
Speaker 2: Lots of.
Speaker 1: Essentially like scratching, biting herself, dropping repeatedly on her knees on the floor over and over again. She's beating and bruising herself, and then of course being restrained during exorcisms and everything. So it's just compiling. So you have this frail woman who's not just frail, she's breaking.
Speaker 2: Oh, like that seems so wrong to be restraining her, but I guess you kind of have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, they generally are restraining her to prevent her from hurting other people or herself.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So she wasn't eating, and the demon's quote unquote was not we're not allowing her to. Despite this, however, she did consume the bread in communion, but just she felt a resistance inside her as she was trying to swallow the bread, so instead she just let it lay on her tongue softened to the point of almost dissolving, to ingest as much as she could.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now the demons told Annalise many times that she was suffering the repercussions of her mother's sin.
Speaker 2: Her mother's sin. Yeah, do we get to know what the heck that was?
Speaker 1: Now this is open to interpretation, I believe, But what I read this as is we touched on it very first thing in last episode.
Speaker 2: The mom what's got pregnant is that right.
Speaker 1: Which she had a child at wedlock she had to wear a black veil to her wedding and air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I forgot about that actually.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if that's who knows what they're referring to, but that is my interpretation of what the demons are referring to.
Speaker 2: So the demons care, though I.
Speaker 1: Don't know that's right, It's true. I don't know well. Witnesses to the exorcism, such as family priests, attests that she displayed almost superhuman strength, as it took several people to restrain her. At times, Like I said, she would continue to keep repeating kneeling and raising over and over at ridiculous speed. She would feel heat throughout her body, and she would often tear off her clothes in order to to cool herself. She had visions of demons, angels, those shadow figures, as well as stigmata marks appearing on her body that were clearly distinct from other injuries. Do you know what stigmata is?
Speaker 2: I was just going to ask.
Speaker 1: Stigmata is referred to as an injury or marx on the body, correlating to the injuries that Jesus would have sustained during his crucifixion. Okay, like marks on the hand and nails would go through the wrist. Maybe it was the wrist, I can't remember.
Speaker 2: I think it was the hand.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know correlating to that.
Speaker 3: So nails marks through wherever the nails are going him, his hands, feet often bruising, or marks on the back where he would carry the cross marks on the heart across the forehead, sometimes from the thorns of the crown of Thorns, that sort of thing. So I couldn't find what stigmata marks she had, but apparently there were distinct stigma and marks separate from her other injuries.
Speaker 2: Okay, and that just seems like that's too much. You can't just like that's just not from being self inflicting anything like.
Speaker 1: That's yeah.
Speaker 2: Who I don't even know what to say half the time. This shit's just so.
Speaker 1: Wide, This is fucking dark.
Speaker 2: This is crazy and in the back of my head, and it's like I'm just like, oh God, I'm going to be on edge for a few more days, aren't I?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, Father Wren's actually did decide he was going to put analyse to and or the demons through a few tests because he wanted to test the validity of these possessions, so secretly he did put through some little tests here. He did speak to the demons in other languages to try and get them to respond in other languages that a lease wouldn't respond to.
Speaker 2: Oh, like the language she wouldn't know, yes.
Speaker 1: Okay, So he did try and speak in other languages. However, the demons did respond to the and said, only speak me in German. I'll only respond in German. But there was one instance where he tried Dutch and the demons did respond one sentence in Dutch.
Speaker 2: And she wouldn't have known.
Speaker 1: I don't know if she would or would not have known Dutch. Apparently, when she was younger she did excel at languages, so it is possible. Okay, so that one's kind of inconclusive. This one, however, fucking gets me. This is fucked right up? You ready for this?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Yeah, I'm ready. Let's do it. What is?
Speaker 1: One of his tests he conducted was that he would fill five water bottles with water, some with tap, some with holy water. Though the bottles were unmarked. The demons in Analyse would scream only when the holy water was used on her.
Speaker 2: Really apparently, huh.
Speaker 1: If that is true. That is fucking wild.
Speaker 2: That is so fucked wow. Oh okay, and okay, this I have to also say, this priest is like consistent, hey to be he put a lot of effort into.
Speaker 1: Put a lot of effort into it, like to be doing.
Speaker 2: This this, like he was really trying to help her.
Speaker 1: Yes. So, although the local parish priests recommended the analyst be taken to a psychiatrist, the Michelle's already had their fill of the psychiatrists and there was no way that an least now being a twenty two year o adult could be persuaded to go to a psychiatric clinic.
Speaker 4: Dang.
Speaker 1: However, remember in last episode again it was told by one of the physicians that she was no longer capable of making decisions on her own.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she shouldn't have been able to decide that, you mean, but her parents decided.
Speaker 1: That decide that for her.
Speaker 2: Yes, I feel like she should be doing both that end, working with the priest. I mean, why not.
Speaker 1: Well, she still is taking some medications, she still is seen doctors sometimes. She did have one doctor occasionally come into her exorcisms as well, not all the time, but it was it was a thing that was still going on briefly here and there, okay, But psychiatrists specifically was like, yeah, no.
Speaker 2: Well they may be sorry, I'm interrupting. Maybe not been okay with the exorcisms either, yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, actially so by October fourth to sixth, somewhere in there, it's either fourth, fifth, or sixth, two weeks after, or maybe it's all three, I don't know. Two weeks after Father Wrens had begun the exorcisms, the demonic personalities weakened and spoke less frequently. Then on October seventh, seventh, another to grett All prescription for Analyse was being renewed and filled, and that same evening, after she's taking her medications, the demons returned in full force, even uttering a aparently a horse scream and high pitched laugh simultaneously out of Analyse.
Speaker 2: And is that like, okay, I just I don't know if it was meant to be like that? But was that correlated with the medication?
Speaker 3: You think, well, that's kind of how that's kind of what it led them to start believing that maybe the medication, the prescribed drugs, was having an effect on the demons and the possessions over Analyse.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was allowing them in or.
Speaker 3: Fueling them or something potentially or fueling whatever issues she had going on, whether it be medical or demonic or anything. Right on October thirteenth, a strange new development occurred. Analyse began receiving messages obstinately from the Virgin Mary. By October sixteenth, an Lise was told by her that she would become entirely free by October, which it's already October, but.
Speaker 2: So by like the end of the month, probably like dying.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Things however, didn't end in October. The torment, the exorcism, rituals, and everything would continue four months. She would continue to have conversations or visions or dreams of the Virgin Mary, along with conversations, visions and dreams from the Lord, amongst many different things. But this we're getting way too deep into the information for us to really touch on that. But the fact is that she was seeing these demon faces and being possed by demons as well as angels, and the Lord and the Virgin Mary communicating with.
Speaker 2: Her, and this shit's been going on for years, really, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Pretty much? So, Yeah, I can't imagine going through that for so long. No, So in April, however, an Alice begged her sister to warn her if anyone was planning on taking her to the physicians, and she expressedly did not want to see a doctor. She wanted to see this through. Her torture and pain kept going. She went through fits of muscle contractions, being becoming rigidly stiff, screaming, I put creaming.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I forgot the.
Speaker 1: S screaming, thrashing about biting herself, hitting herself, she compelled. She felt compelled to pray for hours on end, all while going through exorcisms on a weekly basis. By June, she become a frail person, super frail person, just like we were discussing with a sunken in face from malnourishment. She's essentially starving herself at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it's almost just amazing shows like her strength that she's lasted this long. Really, I go.
Speaker 1: Five hours without food and McDonald's is like only a drive away, and I'm just like starting to be itchy for it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, hmm, well, remember I went a little longer than usual today without eating, and I was like, my vision was worried.
Speaker 1: Yeah, You're like, I can't see ship, I'm going blind.
Speaker 2: It was just like something was in there. Just my eyes weren't working, and I was like, I need a freaking granola bar or something nourishment. So the fact that she's just going, yeah, I would, I'm like wow, like strength, like strength, she's just really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's Her parents said she was drinking fruit juice and milk.
Speaker 2: However, that's good, it's something.
Speaker 1: It's something. Apparently there were occasions where she would drink like leaders at a time.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, when the demons allowed her to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if they did try to feed her, like even force feed her, because they're trying to give her, get her to eat something, she would refuse. She would tightly close her lips and mouth and just like there's no way you're getting in her mouth, Like you're not feeding her, you just can't. She's absolutely refusing. On June thirtieth, she went through another exorcism, just like all the rest, with prayers, thrashing about, screaming, severe bouts of rigidity, and analyse, kneeling and standing, kneeling and standing repeatedly. However, at this point she is so weak she can't do it on her own.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Okay, so how's she doing it?
Speaker 1: Well, she can't walk on her own, so she can't. She can barely stand on her own. But so she she can do it, but she needs help and she like she demands, She's like, no, I need to do this. So her family is helping her stand and kneel, and they put a pillow on the floor so she could kneel, to try and protect her because she's like just break, yeah, and it's the only thing they can do to like try and she's thrashing, like freaking out. Otherwise, they're the only thing that they can do to try and come hurt during these exorcisms. Then, on July first, at seven o'clock in the morning, an Lisa's father looked into Analisa's room and saw her sleeping. So he went off to work, just like another day of dealing with these extorcisms. He's got to pay the bills, it's going to come back home and trying to take care of his daughter and his family. I'm However, an hour into his shift, his wife called and told him that Annalise had died.
Speaker 2: Oh so maybe when he looked in there, she was actually passed away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she most likely was not sleeping.
Speaker 2: Oh and here he was just like, oh good, she's getting some rest and want to go off to work. Yeah, oh my heart.
Speaker 1: That's a little heartbreak moment for sure.
Speaker 2: It is it. Ah, like that's his daughter. Yeah, and he and and there's no lack of effort like this family has done, burkin. I feel like almost everything really.
Speaker 1: However, I do want to say at least like there's some satisfaction in knowing she's not suffering anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Like I know.
Speaker 1: If you have, like, let's put it in this perspective, if you have like the family pet who's getting old and old and old, and they're just like they can hardly stand or walk and they're so sick and cancer, it's better to take them to the vet and put them down if you can without that suffering. It sucks. It so sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at some point it's like you're just the pets, especially, like you're just keeping them alive for yourself.
Speaker 1: Yes, not that I'm saying you should go and fucking put your daughter out of.
Speaker 2: A misery or something like that.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't do that, but there's that relief in knowing that the suffering is over.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because she was really really such she was suffering.
Speaker 1: So medical examiners concluded that Analysa's death was caused by starvation, which was possibly aggravated by physical exertion. I couldn't find an exact number, but by the time of Anne Lisa's death, she weighed around ninety pounds.
Speaker 2: Really hey, yeah, and we don't all like how tall or anything she was.
Speaker 1: I'm not too sure on her height. No, I've never looked it up. I'm sure you might be able to find that pretty easily.
Speaker 2: But still like grown ass woman weighing ninety pounds.
Speaker 1: They found her inner organs to be completely healthy, her brain had no damage hm and nothing that they could find would even cause a microscopic seizure.
Speaker 2: Seriously, her body.
Speaker 1: When there was an autopsy done on her, her brain was completely normal, nothing that would ever even cause a microscopic.
Speaker 2: Seed and no damage to the brain whatsoever.
Speaker 1: No brain's completely fine, her organ's completely fine.
Speaker 2: Holy shit.
Speaker 1: Though apparently her pupil her pupils were unusually dilated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that could honestly just be from the fact that she was like malmourished in the sense.
Speaker 1: Maybe. What is also strange about the cause of her death though, is that she was able to get out of bed repeatedly the night before she died, even with help. That is extremely strange. It should be impossible for someone on the verge of death from starvation to do that. Her mobility is confirmed by the examiner's observations that she had no bed sores, which is not normal for someone found with starvation. Really, hey, so she was moving, she was getting out of bed, even with help. She was able to get out of bed, get moved, get motion, not sit in one place. Someone who's starving is not going to have the energy, the ability, or the strength to do any of those.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what is that she did? Confused?
Speaker 1: She had strength she shouldn't have had medically.
Speaker 2: Okay, I see, Okay, I'm just thinking, Like what I was thinking is was that was she should not have been dying or said it was starving?
Speaker 1: It was it was.
Speaker 2: It was just amazing that she was even able to get out of bed the night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was essentially a skeleton walking around. That's not possible, but it was happening.
Speaker 2: Hmmm. Wow, my rain is just a turning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a big head scratcher for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I was like, I was.
Speaker 1: Saying earlier, trying to play that neutral path. Even like adrenaline can kick in and give someone superhuman strength, you're not gonna like that. That doesn't make sense. Adrenaline isn't going to kick in at that point in your life. If it does, it might kick in for thirty seconds. It's not going to keep you moving for days on end, praying, kneeling up and down, up and down, getting out of bed, preventing bed stores when you are literally about to die.
Speaker 2: It's like the demons are giving her power or something, or or the angels.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, yeah, or the demons were you know, or something treating her like a marionette or some sort something else was giving her something to move, which is fucking crazy. Blows my fucking like, holy shit. How can you like look at something like that and not think that there's other forces at plate, Whether you look at it religiously, whether you look at it spiritually, whether you look at it like I don't fucking paranormally, whatever, there's something else at play.
Speaker 2: Well, Yeah, that there just has to be, Like with that autopsy that it just makes no sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, moving on though, an Lisa's parents and father Alt and father Wrens were charged with negligent homicide. The prosecution requested that, if found guilty, no involved parties be jailed. Instead, the prosecution asked that the priests be fined and that the parents had suffered enough, which is actually allowed in journey court. Apparently, so, on March thirtieth, nineteen seventy eight, the trial began. All but one doctor that was questioned firmly asserted that Analse was not possessed, but she suffered psychological illness because of her strict religious upbringing and her epilepsies.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sorry, Okay, I'm listening to you, but I'm also like, what the fuck's a point of this? I know, it's like, it's just ridiculous, really, the fact that this has to go to a trial, right, but.
Speaker 1: This fun fact, this is one of the few cases out there of exorcisms and possession that has actually gone to trial.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The one discerning doctor that did stand against the others Richard Roth. He had been a participant in some of the exorcisms and allegedly had told Annalise that there is no injection against the devil.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The events argued that the exorcism was a constitutional right the unrestricted exercise of religious belief under the unrestricted exercise of religious belief, but the court ruled otherwise. The court concluded that the exorcism rights that were performed negligently. Sorry, the court concluded that the exorcism rights were performed negligently. I can't speak words.
Speaker 2: You're doing good.
Speaker 1: And charged Annalise's parents and the priest with negligence resulting in homicide. They were all subsequently found guilty of men's lies. Oh really, and each were sentenced to six months in jail with three years of probation. The priest and the church that he belonged to was also subject to a small find which was little more than the court fees. However, the jail time was suspended completely, so no one served any jail time.
Speaker 2: That was going to be my question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like in the movie Exorcism of Emily Rose, no jail time was served.
Speaker 2: I mean, they, like she, they all consented to this and everything. So that's why I'm just like even her, this is what she wanted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I mean, take two people standing in a kitchen and one says shoot me, the other one says okay and pulls the trigger, it's consent. I mean, that's not really how you know. There's laws against that shit.
Speaker 2: Stay, I guess, And we don't technically know she was influenced heavily or whatever by her parents.
Speaker 1: Well that's exactly the religious upbringing, right. Yeah, So to end this all off, in nineteen eighty four, the bishops made a position petition sorry to the Vatican regarding the exorcism right, and a commission passed on the decision that she was mentally ill not possessed.
Speaker 4: The Church, yes, huh, okay, the Vatican, not just the Church, the Church of all Church, the Vatican.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. I just I honestly think this story. It's just like almost over my head. It's just so wild because I just feel like there should be more of this shit going on if it was a thing.
Speaker 1: You know, well there's arguments on both sides of that. But like I said, I only scrape the surface of this case. We this could be like a fucking twelve part or.
Speaker 2: If we wanted to you, yeah, you can probably real dive in.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So if you want to read in on more in this case, good luck. I bid you ado on that, because you're gonna be off doing your stuff for a while. It'll be a while before we see you over here again.
Speaker 2: But it's who well, yeah, even just this case, like you do spend We spend lots of time researching, but you definitely spend like way more time I've.
Speaker 1: Probably put in I would say fifteen to sixteen hours researching this case.
Speaker 2: You're like me, I take a really long time researching. You do like really alone.
Speaker 1: Well, let's let's have a little cheers.
Speaker 2: To at least maybe there's like a drip left.
Speaker 1: You can have a sip of mine, our official badass of the day for everything she went through. She she deserves that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she definitely does that, poor thing.
Speaker 1: Cheers to her, and cheers to you, guys.
Speaker 2: Cheers to you, guys.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening
Speaker 2: What I was pointing at you to say, Stay wicked, Oh, stay wicked.