Speaker 1: Something you should go.
Speaker 2: Something you should know is brought to you by GENESISGOLDIRA dot com. That is also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan on the gold standard Genesis Gold Group, the only IRA back by physical gold and Silver. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide right now at Jenesis goldr dot com. Excited to visit right now with Micah, we're going to talk about something that I had never heard of before, but they've been doing this for a little bit, the twenty twenty five ice races on Brant Lake. It's right in front of the shipwreck Bar. And this looks like a lot of fun. It's happening this weekend. Let's chat a little bit about when it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks for having me, and we're excited to bring it back to Brent Lake again this year. And it's kind of been a tradition and I think a lot of the community looks forward to that too.
Speaker 2: And I see it's this Sunday, the twenty third, and sign up is from nine to ten thirty practice ten forty five and the races start officially right at noon.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, we should have the green light at dune, so expectator want to come out there and park around the lake park around the race track there, and yeah, the green light will be at noon. We were pretty good at staying on time and this should be something interesting for anybody that hasn't been out to a nice race.
Speaker 2: And if they want to, they can watch from their vehicles or if they want to bring chairs, and you know, it's going to be a decent day. It looks like on Sundays, if they want to sit outside, they certainly can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. You know some people do sit in the car. We'll have you know, this broadcast on radio and it'll be kind of telling you how the races are going. People will be outside. The bar is going to be open and ready to serve everybody. And it's just be a good time in decent weather too.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be a whole lot of fun. And again it's happening on Brant Lake, right in front of the Shipwreck Bar. And this is something that you said, this has been going on for a long time, but then it kind of went away and it's just coming back.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep. There's been a break here and there. Sometimes it's weather permitting, but we're trying to bring it back up there and put on some good races and bring more people out and get in the community and help out and put you know, washing good race in two.
Speaker 2: And what are the ages of the people that are going to be on the ice racing on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Oh, we'll have kids from six, seven, eight years old, you know, and teenagers, adults and even up to sixty years old race around on three wheelers and four wheelers because we offer you know, all these different classes for motorcycles, three wheelers, and four wheelers.
Speaker 2: Again, it's happening this Sunday, the twenty twenty five ice races on Brant Lake, right in front of the ship rock, I'm sorry, right in front of the shipwrecked bar. Easy for me to say. This Sunday, the twenty third, and the races start at noon. How long does it usually take between the beginning and the end of this. Oh yeah, we.
Speaker 1: Start at noon and we should be done about two thirty three o'clock.
Speaker 2: Very nice. So bring some warm clothes and enjoy it outside, or just bring the car and sit right in the car and enjoy it. And I'm excited to help out. I've never been a race announcer like this before, so I hope I do. Okay, I might get fired because again I don't have a lot of experience.
Speaker 1: Well, we're looking to help you out and maybe we can work on horror in the future, you know. So it's the hard people just want to kind of hear what's going on and yeah, and watch what's happening, and it'll work out pretty good, I think.
Speaker 2: And I see it says Sioux Valley Cycle Club is involved in putting this on. Are you with that group?
Speaker 1: Yep, if I'm a member out at Civilli Cycle Club and we just wanted to maybe move it off the pond and go out on the lake where we got a lot more space for parking and for spectators and you know, it should be pretty well, pretty well maintained and good.
Speaker 2: It's going to be again this Sunday at noon. It's the twenty twenty five ice Races on Brant Lake right in front of the shipwreck bar and Grill and Micah. Thank you so much for taking the time to chat and I look forward to seeing you on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you very much, John and I have a great day.
Speaker 2: And if you would like to get some more information on this I'm going to throw this on our Facebook page as well to make it really easy to find. So all of the details can be found at Facebook dot com, slash Sunny Radio and Something You Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesis gooldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at Genesis gooldra dot com.