Speaker 1: Yeah, h.
Speaker 2: Yah, h m hm.
Speaker 1: M m m.
Speaker 3: It is Timothy Castigny who has to trudge forward again. None of these players would have expected to even have to take a penalty, let alone too, and it's the It's incredible.
Speaker 2: It's the right back.
Speaker 3: Castigny now with the penalty for Fulham hits it. Oh yeah, he misses the target and the door is a jar again for North Ends to wrap up this penalty Shoe Tights. And it's Ryan Letson, who scored in the first half, who now has the chance to put North End's sixteenth penalty of this incredible Shoe Tights to that. I don't get North End's passage in the fourth Ryan secure. Ryan Letson now with the opportunity to win it.
Speaker 4: Here he comes, honey and he done it.
Speaker 3: I'm finally this epic penalty Shoe Tights.
Speaker 2: Northern have their way. That's sixteen fifteen for you. And that's also opening kickoff. Figured we go kind of cold opening this morning, So that is opening kickoff brought Thos Buyer friends at Kickoff Coffee kickof Coffeeco dot com. That's your QR cod those of you are who are watching on the video side of things, and For those of you just kind of listening, you can always go to Kickoff Coffee and kickof Coffeeco dot com kit the QR code get you through when you check out. Don't forget to use the code soccer down here fifteen. You get fifteen percent off your purchase. They in turn take ten percent reinvested in youth games, youth and issue. It is very very cool stuff from our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. Yeah, because that's how stacked we are this morning. I kind of had to jam the cold open up to the front and have it be opening Kickoff. And what do you think of the new little the new little open deal that Nick has put together? What'd you think of that?
Speaker 1: I like that that was different?
Speaker 2: Yes, And so that that is the that's like the the now Forever Together WWE intro. So that's that's where we are. Nick put that together, Sophia took the stills and they pieced it together, and that's what you get now leading into the based upping every single day. All Right, the show is justifiably stacked. It's a midweek it's a midweek whip around, patent pending, trademark coming center, hopefully rather than later. I apologize for nine o six. Jarrett and I were talking about old hockey teams and new hockey teams, and old owners and new owners.
Speaker 5: We were just about to discuss the merits of Dean Sylvester in the early Atlanta Yes.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, I showed Jarrett that I broke out my Atlanta Fire Ants T shirt this morning from roller Hockey International. How many of you remember that? Show a hand. That's what I thought. Richard Adler, the owner of the Atlanta Knights, was looking for something to fill the uh fill the arena during the summer months, and so that's where Roller Hockey International came in. He could still pay his players the same under the contract. It's just that they had to go indoors and be on roller skates and try to go up against it guys like Nick Fatigu and the New Jersey Rolling Rockers, those kinds of franchises. So yeah, broke out my RhI Atlanta Fire T shirt this morning. So that's where we are. Tyler's joining us in about five minutes and we'll discuss Atlanta United, messy and friends and anything else that comes to mind. In the our number one our number two if they can the busiest man in the Northeast, Dylan Butler. Will we get to talk about the new part owner of Dylan Butler Estates and n y CFC, possibly Marion Crowder, to discuss what's going on in the usl Zuper League, plus what's going on in the Southeastern Conference, and the bat signal is always out for Nick and for Jason. As we get ready for it, Landy United and Messy and friends tonight, my gut tells me Jared, it's probably going to be more and friends than it will be messy than anything else, considering what happened against rich on the weekend in the win against Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, let mean, we'll just we gotta see. You got to face whoever lines up there. You've beaten them with MESSI, you've beaten them without messy. You've gotten slopped around by them. More importantly, for Lanta, he's got to actually, yeah, that's double.
Speaker 2: Yes, showing up would be a good thing. And so obviously we'll get Tyler's thoughts, we'll get your thoughts, and we'll get everybody's thoughts on what's going to happen tonight. And once again it's a midwek whip around. So that means we gotta go over all the other juice boxes and the other matchups that are surrounding at Landy United as they are hovering to hop into the playoffs in the eight nine, and we'll see what happens in this matchup as they get through this one. Get through this one first, and then starting tomorrow with Reaction Thursday and the Power Hour and and then weekend wep around on Friday where we get ready for it Landy United and Red Bulls. It's fast and furious, So everybody strap in and figure out what you want to discuss with all of all of it. What do you mean, Dell? What do you mean? Fans are playing well?
Speaker 5: I was talking about showing up.
Speaker 1: Yes, you actually have to show up and act like matters.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: And Joseph because questions about after Saturday mm hmm yeah mm hmm, like we can we can rehab that. I don't really care. You just can't have that.
Speaker 5: Performance against a team that was mostly dead and you came out like you were gonna walk it, and they came out like they weren't fight and you didn't use for some reason, took third and fourth gear out of the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you put the you put the golf team back, You put the governor back in the golf cart for those teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So Atlanta, the players, yeah, I mean fans will show up and look, it's gonna be a mixed crowd to night. I'm sure we'll get the compliants that usually get from Falcons games where it's like it's a Steelers.
Speaker 1: Home game down here in Atlanta or a Cowboys home game. You're probably gonna get some.
Speaker 5: Of that tonight because people are going to go on their pilgrimage to see messy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna happen. It's happened everywhere. M M.
Speaker 5: And guess what people are gonna sell their tickets if they can make.
Speaker 1: A mint on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what they'll do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just how it runs. Speaking of pilgrimage, Tyler's here.
Speaker 6: Like that.
Speaker 2: What's in the mug by the way?
Speaker 1: Umm?
Speaker 6: Straight like breakfast roast coffee this morning?
Speaker 2: Okay? And what is said mug? Are you ps U R P I M.
Speaker 6: P I am I am Yeah. I don't know if I would call this the pem Cup, but no.
Speaker 2: It's what you are promoting. Sir, it's a straight up promotion for these scarves and spikes mug that you can get at their location and their store and all of their social media that have the the links that you can click to and click through so you can wear.
Speaker 1: And you can go watch them before the game.
Speaker 2: That is yes, yes, that is true. Go ahead and get the plug.
Speaker 6: Uh right, y'all are doing all the promos for me this morning.
Speaker 2: We'll dial it up early because we got other stuff to talk and we got all the stuff to talk about. We'll get the promos out of the way. So you and the cast of thousands are at the Hotel Signia across the Home Depot backyard.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, yeah, we'll be there kicking it off at five thirty up at the nest On four bar, and I'll probably be drinking a mohido as Wow, mahudos are good there, so go get you one. And they have really good steak freets, so I'll throw that out there too. I had that last time.
Speaker 1: Really good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So we'll be there five thirty. We now know that at least MESSI will travel, so yeah, I guess. But yeah, y'all come hang out with us. It'll be good time. We'll go for about an hour, so plenty of time for everybody to get over to the Bens and get in your seat and then watch John also up on the the Halo board as well, and then head Yeah, but and then one other thing too. Monday, we are starting kind of an MLS Monday type show. It'll be added on to what we normally do with Atlanta and added on Monday. But we're gonna be bringing on some like some some different podcasters and folks from just around the league talking about whatever happens the weekend before the weekend prior. So that'll be that'll be kind of kicking off a little bit more on Monday as well.
Speaker 2: So I so he buries the lead program expansion at Scarves and Spikes. I see, I see, I see you working. I see I see you, I see you working. I mean, come on, now, you buried the lead. You're expanding your programming grid. Come on now, mane A.
Speaker 6: Little been a busy two and a half minute since I've been on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, so let's let's see how you can. Let's see how you can keep up with the fifth year. Just basically slamming the car into fifth year as we get on here, because I mean, because yeah, that exactly well, sir, I will go, yeah, I'll go like that since since I've never been a fan of the the brown flavored water. But uh, let me the gods as you said, that's that's on your particular perspective, sir, I will I will go with the pepsi product that has been all over the place and keeping people awake allegedly.
Speaker 5: Uh are you doing like the what was it the Coke zero oreo flavor thing?
Speaker 1: Too?
Speaker 2: Oh? Good lord? No, Well, first and foremost, that would be a Mike Conti question, because he is the Coke Zero of ficionado. I to be legit, to be honest, I can't remember the last time that I crossed the streams and went from the pea product to the sea product. I really don't. I just I cannot remember.
Speaker 5: Very weird for somebody who was born and they went to school here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's just wrong.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's it's uh, it's more, it's more sugar, and uh you know it's that's less, it's less bite. Look that they lost me when they went to New Coke and said it was New coke when actually it was sugar. Versus a Sucros fruit Toose remix, and they were a bunch of fibbing fibbers to me forty years ago. True, That's that shows you how old I am. So yeah, they lost me then and they have not gotten me back. But when it comes to the the thought pattern of the folks that hang out with with you, whether it is you, Kama, Sid Kama, Tommy Colon, guests and those that drift into your twitch pitch, what has been the feedback that you've been getting since the Nashville clunker leading into Messian friends? What have been the prevailing thoughts of the folks that have been hanging out with you on the night side after us on the day side.
Speaker 6: Mainly that Atlanta didn't deserve to win and they don't deserve to make the playoffs at this point. Not not that they're not, you know, hoping for it regardless, but it's one of those things where you go and you put out a performance like you did on Saturday, and you know, we all saw how Rob was after the after the match.
Speaker 2: He was dropping dropping an F bomb in the post.
Speaker 6: I'm happy, but I think it pretty well reflected the fan base. So I mean, there's still you know, it sucks because there's that apathy. That apathy has been there for I think really since the summer transfer window, maybe since the Santo lagoona game, and oh look it's time we get on the soccer down here.
Speaker 2: But at nine night, your your your phone is.
Speaker 6: It was on snooze. So that's the second time it's snooze. So look, I was actually early.
Speaker 2: You were early, You were early, and your phone was four minutes late.
Speaker 6: That's well that's where my life is at right now. Okay, all right, no, but yeah, it was it was very much a sense of apathy and like just it's just frustration. I mean, you know, we have people coming into our version of the twitch pitch and they're you know, they're like, man, what are we going to do in the off season. That's where everybody's at. They just want to get to the off season. They want to get to what changes are going to be made to this organization that are going to make it better. Because nobody's necessarily coming out specifically in saying it, except for maybe Sydney. Sydney kind of kind of hinted at it the other day, but he said, you know, it feels like the team kind of phoned it in, and we know they don't go out there and just not put forth effort. You know, I think anybody that says that is absolutely wrong. But you can go out there and try to drive a square peg in a round hole all you want to, like they did against Nashville, and it does kind of look like you're not trying. And so Saturday was just one of those days.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 6: It was a really frustrating one. You you had everything going for you and then you came out ten minutes, came out flat. Bragg Zanne had to save you in the first three minutes and then he couldn't save you in the first five minutes. So that just set the tone for the night. Unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Jarrett with Tyler on his weekly Wednesday visit.
Speaker 5: So what do you consider to be the proper or anacceptable reaction to tonight or for tonight?
Speaker 6: For tonight? You know, I mean, I if Atlana were to go out there tonight, obviously you're going to celebrate it, obviously, but you kind of put yourself back where you started because, you know, you beat Charlotte, and I think a draw in that one would have been cool, But you beat Charlotte had a two week break, didn't you go up against Nashville who just was an awful run of for him at home, and you don't do anything, and so you know, that could have been the beginning of a two game streak, right, and you don't handle business. So then if you do somehow win against Miami tonight, you're kind of back where you started. But then you have to go on the road. It doesn't get easier from here. You find a way to fiddle around and screw up your games that you probably should win, and then somehow you go and beat Miami in Fort Lauderdale, you know, or Columbus here at home, Like you just have this weird way of going about, you know, playing to the level of your opponent. And so yeah, there is a chance that my Atlanta could come out tonight and play Miami to another five to two game, because they just have that weird way of playing up or down to the level. But I mean, for what I what I said on the show on our show was a two to two draw too for Atlanta because they're kind of playing for a little bit of pride and for Rob Valentino to not scream at them again and Miami too, because it's Miami and they're on a score two goals at least with MESSI there. I imagine.
Speaker 2: One of the things that I wanted to discuss with everybody yesterday was what you were discussing on the night side, the idea of well, don't deserve to be in the playoffs, et cetera, et cetera. And there are there are fans that will either watch either one of our programs or watch both. We encourage that you watch both because your experience becomes immersive at that point. It is NonStop that if you don't deserve to be in the playoffs, go ahead, play the kids. Go you know, all the all the touchstones, play the kids. I don't want to be in the playoffs. Those kinds of things. And I wanted to know yesterday, and I'll go ahead and reposit the question today, because you know, viewership and listenership is different. I wanted to know where that mindset came from of not wanting to go into a postseason because for me, as someone who is a Los Angeles Kings fan, you know, tried and true, hand over the heart, other hand in the air twenty twelve Stanley Cup Playoffs, you go in as an eight seed, You smash folks, You get a goalie who's on a heater of all heaters, you win the whole thing. So I have never been one to hold back when it comes to a team and sit there, go no, I don't want to you know, I don't want to go into a postseason. The draft is not something that is readily going to help you if you are there in the in betweens, right there on the edges. You know the the thirteen fourteen selection may not necessarily help you in the immediate So why not go ahead, dive into the deep end of the pool, make the playoffs. Treat it like a college football bowl game, where you get those extra practices, where you get those extra reps, you get that extra activity, and you get to give yourself more of a knowledge base if you're the front office and sit there and say, okay, so and so's really throwing them into it. So and so is so, and so is so and so is and that way you get more more empirical evidence that can help you going forward. Were you getting that same kind of feedback when it came to well, I don't want to go in because X Y Z you know, just whatever, were you getting those same kinds of yin and yang when it kind of came to to coming in. Yeah, I want more, I want more practices, I want to see folks or just like Nope, don't worry about it. Was it one extreme or the other?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it's definitely like one. It's there's a line and there's nobody on the line. Everybody's on once out of it, and I think you know right now again the apathy is crept in, which I hate that it sucks, but I also completely understand it.
Speaker 2: And that's where and being in the middle and having apathy is worse than the other extremes. You either you either want very good or very bad. The yeah middle Lukewarm sucks. Yeah, yeah, lukewarm. You're just kind of like eh, because it doesn't help you with a soda, doesn't help you with coffee, doesn't help you with your favorite drink or your favorite food.
Speaker 6: It's just there, terrible bathwater, all of it. It's just terrible. Yeah. I mean, I think the one side of it playing to try to get into the playoffs, and I still contend all and always will because of what you said, you don't get anything for sucking. You really don't, So go make it into the playoffs in the version that MLS has this year, because we don't know what it could be next year. Go get in because you can, and then just see what happens. See what happens. Give your fans something to something to fight for, something to be excited about. I mean, you haven't shown them a lot because you've been so flip floppy, but it's anybody's game once you get into the playoffs. The other side is I think why so many folks are just like, man, let's look to twenty twenty five. And that's not to say they've given up entirely, but I think people are just ready for the paid just to turn. And I think that comes from there are so many changes in this organization right now, from from the team all the way up that I think people are looking at the end of the season as well. Whatever we do then anyway isn't going to matter much in the grand scheme of things, because half the squad and probably a new head coach and a new you know, technical director are all going to be in place maybe and designated players going into twenty twenty five. So in the next you know, five months, you could have a ton of new faces. So you know this this squad could go out there and maybe make a little run into the playoffs. But then what then most of them are going to end up getting you know, shuffled around. You know, you'll keep some, maybe some are going to be on the way out, You're going to bring in new guys, and so that extra little bit doesn't really do much for the chemistry overall of the team going into preseason of next year. Not saying that's right or wrong, but I think that's kind of where the people that I've talked to, that's their mindset.
Speaker 2: Jared with Tyler here on Wall Pass Wednesday, go for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you know, looking at you know, we.
Speaker 5: Can talk about all the changes that might come, but we can get really deep into this in the postseason or in the offseason. Gives me when when we really dig our hands down to the clay of change.
Speaker 1: But let's talk about tonight because you don't have Seandae.
Speaker 5: Silva, who Rob touched on that he's been dealing with the foot injury and honestly makes a lot of sense for a lot of seanday as I kind of gestured towards everything for twenty twenty four if it's kind of been a general injury.
Speaker 1: But what do you doing tonight if you're lining this up? I mean, you don't have him.
Speaker 6: I think. I mean, obviously Tyler Wolf and Edwin Muscara are two of the main choices, but I would love to see Luke Brennan get some time. I would love to see Luke Brennan get some time. And you know, if you saw media the night on our show, I was very much And that was the other thing that you asked earlier that I didn't say, play the kids, like play the kids because they're hungry, they're gonna want it. And this past game kind of felt like one of those games where and Rob kind of implied like the team just didn't want it and that's a motivational thing. That's something that they've got to figure out. And not saying that that's necessarily true. I don't think you can be a professional in this organization and not want to go win, but it sure looked like it. Yeah, so put out the players that you know are going to give you one hundred and ten percent every time, and that is the Luke brennans. I will say that Edwin mostquare is because he doesn't get a lot of playing time and he's hungry as well. You know, all the guys that we've seen, the f Rains and Noah Cobbs, all the young guys that are coming up that have had phenomenal years in the short time that they've played, give them an opportunity. Now, being practical, I think you're going to see Edwin mostcare start and I would like to see the the mischief. Mischief, it's the worst, just mischief, Yeah, the mischief of Luke Brennan. Yeah, yeah, I would like to see that because I just think with Miami's back line, with their defense, with the potential friend of ours that he might be going up against on that side if he does play on the left, I just think his play style is gonna fit getting around and getting in behind. Add in the the you know, the the fact that you don't have, you know, the one of the world's best midfielders, even though he hasn't been great against Atlanta. I just think it fits a Luke Brennan kind of guy. So that's what I would like to see sixtieth sixty fifth minute. You know, bring in fresh legs and let it be Luke.
Speaker 2: So run like hell at the left hand side, have him go chasing shadows and then when you hit sixtieth minute, tag out and have them continue to chase shadows for another thirty months.
Speaker 6: Yeah, except these shadows do a lot of dribble stuff and go subways and then vertical a lot.
Speaker 2: Of a lot of dribbly stuff. That that's that, and that is the official soccer tournament is a loss. Uh no ovelis nobusquets because of red card accumulation. And then you wonder, and we talked about it earlier in the week. A lot of the folks that are making this trip as a part of the three matches in eight days for Messian Friend played eighty or north of eighty against Philadelphia's So you wonder about availability tonight. How many minutes is it a cameo? Do they run out those kinds of things? And this is where I think the the the palace intrigue sets in. Yes, I know it's supposed to be a full house tonight at Mercedes Benz Stadium, but how much rotation does Tata Martino put out there? Considering all the minutes that the starting eleven had against Philadelphia in a win there where you've got to win against you got to win against Philly. You're chasing after the number four team in the Eastern Conference. On the weekend, your ten points clear, you have a little breathing room. I just I legitimately wonder what it's going to look like for for Messi and friends tonight, just because of all of these different factors that we talk about, all the minutes played on the weekend, dudes that are missing and playing NYC on the weekend, and the irony of Marcello Clowray. So there's a whole lot of stuff that's in play here for me and I will be interested to see what Tata does tonight with that lineup of this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think look, if you if you watch me to the night, you would know that I was quite irritated talking about the Nashville game, and I did say, yeah, like, I think you kind of hope that that Messi shows up simply because of the fact that the apathy for Atlanta has set in. All the things that we've talked about have set in, and so you know you're opening the stadium up on a Wednesday. Anyway, MLS, is this is not Atlanta's decision necessarily. It's a Wednesday game, right. The crowds not that they've been bad. I know people are talking about, like, you know, the crowd's eye and all that. Absolutely it has diminished. I'm not at all trying to deny that still one of the best crowds you're you're going to see in MLS period. So that being said, it's not forty five thousand, it's not seventy thousand. I think it'll be good for folks to just go into a Mercedes Been Stadium. Again, that is relatively fool I think, you know, whatever happens happens. I think the Atlanta fans know the kind of up and down nature of this team. So the fact that Messi is at least making the trip I think is good just for the overall day. I don't know that it's gonna be good for the health of Atlanta United. But I also don't think that he plays much, if at all. I think he will play now that I know he's coming, because I don't know why in the world he would make the trip if he wasn't going to at least see the pitch for a few minutes. No way he plays ninety. I doubt he plays even forty five because that would be a dumb coaching decision by Tata Martinez, it really would. I mean, you played him ninety this past weekend. You're on a three day or a three game kind of run, just like Atlanta is. But you were in the top of the standings and you can afford to play anybody else because anybody else has still gotten you points. It's not like you know a lot of other teams that as soon as you take that prim starting eleven off the pitch and then things start to drop. Miami has gotten points this year when not playing you know, Messi and all of his buddies, or at least most of them. Yeah, so yeah, I mean I think I think Messi will get a cameo appearance. Everybody else. Suarez, I think, unless any news has popped up that I've missed, I would have Jian Suirez would at least play a half. I imagine we'll see a lot of Campana and then and then everybody else just kind of be mixed in and matched as as they can. But lots of rotation. Absolutely. I just don't think you're gonna see you know, the quote unquote stars for a significant amount of time.
Speaker 2: Uh. The injury report listed is out for Atlanta, Shanda out, Ronald Hernandez out. And the other part of this is what happened late in the match against Nashville involving Pedro Amador v. Sam Surage. And you're hoping that Pedro Amador is okay considering the contact that was made and him hitting the turf pretty badly. Uh, No, I did not.
Speaker 6: It was rough.
Speaker 1: It was bad.
Speaker 6: He genuinely looked like he got in a fight and got punched. It was you know, the the kind of bruising, bloody, kind of not right here and then starting to black out over How in the world he didn't end up with the actual concussion is beyond me. But he got flacked.
Speaker 2: Well. The other element in this, and it's something that you and I have not had the chance to talk about, and I'm sure that it was talked about on your show and on and on hours, is that after that happened, that after the contact was made with Surage, that no one short of Brad Yep went up to the man in the middle and tried to have a discussion and Sam Surriage is grabbing his head when there was no real contact with that part of his body. And I'm you know, and I understand not wanting to draw a cheap card and all those kinds of things, but I think there is a line that can be walked in that situation where Pedro Amador is your teammate, this happens to him, Sam Surrige cleans him out. It literally comes in from behind.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I'm left handed, Surge did it with his right. So think of this as in a mirror. Sam Surge comes in, cleans out Amador from behind, and all you have is Brad discussing things with the referee. And disappointingly, that wasn't even taken to VAR for review about any kind of contact or any kind of card period. It was just like, yeah, okay, whatever, Surge grabs his head and he walks off after a while. That was something that I wish had taken a different amplitude after that happened to a teammate of folks with Atlanta United on Saturday Night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, the var thing honestly doesn't bother me, only because Atlanta didn't deserve to even kind of come close to winning that game the way that they played like you go back to the Vaar decision earlier in the game, and I mean it was close, it was the right call, ultimately right, but Atlanta was just not doing themselves any favors. And then you have that moment happened with Pedro Amador and it's like what what, Like, where's the fight, where's the where's the backup for your brand new teammate? And Tommy kind of went off on a rant on this on our show the other night, and and but I agree, like it's one of those things that stood out to me because you know, I was on here what was it Friday, and all of us were on here, and Jason mentioned kind of the levelheadedness of this team, which me and him have talked about. We've talked about it on here, like, and I think it's great because the team never goes up or down, They never go beyond, they never go to the valleys or the peaks with their emotions. Anytime they lose a game, it's well, we're looking forward to the next.
Speaker 2: One, and tom helf Off go to the next Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, and that's just kind of the overall vibe of the team the whole year, and ninety percent of the time, eighty percent of the time, whatever, that's where you have to be. But at some point somebody needs to start losing their mind. And it doesn't need to be Brad and it doesn't need to be Rob Valentino. You need somebody out there that, you know, I go back to the Copa America match with the US and that whole issue with cleaning out you know, goalkeeper and then you know, slugging people five minutes later and getting a red card. It's it's just there is a there is a strategy to the Dark Arts. Absolutely, that is a game within the game, yeah exactly. But like you know, you have a you have a player do that to you in your house, and you are beating you in your house, to one of your new, your new players that just came here in the summer, and you left this guy out alone, not a single at landing and in a player came up and got in anybody's face. And I understand, like you said, and not wanting to get a you know, stupid yellow understand that. So like some things are you know, again it's strategy. Some things are bigger than that. You have to go up. You have to start a little dust up, if you will.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you will, I mean, you know, to go to the six pack of water bottles. The surge is getting getting treatment. Go to the six pack of water bottles that the Nashville physios brought out. Sit there, grab the water bottle, take a bit of a swig, kind of look over and make sure that those of us that are proficient in let you know, get our masters in lip reading for television. Yeah that we can't sit there and understand what you're saying, but you know, peer over the edge and kind of sit there and remind somebody that you know, we'll remember that, and then you know, Eli's comming. So just it can be something that simple. But that wasn't even there.
Speaker 6: No, Yeah, it doesn't have to be necessarily you running up in Goldberg's bearing same surage. Yeah, I mean I think a lot of people would have liked to have seen that. I'm sure Petro romondor would have loved that. No, you just something needs to be said, and it needs to come from a few people, like put somebody on notice, like the day was done at that point, really, if we're being honest, like the day was the over Nashville had had pretty much done the job or were well on their way to doing the job. Pride, you know, Pride, it's it's your teammate.
Speaker 2: I wasn't looking for red Wings and Avalanche. I was not looking for that. I was not looking for Claude lam Youeu and Chris Draper and then Darren McCarty waiting three hundred and seventy one days before, you know, finding Claude lam You. I'm not looking for that. I am looking for that kind of a memory going forward, but I'm not looking for the Darren McCarty kind of event where he forces you know, Cludela muta turtle and he goes off and goes back into the locker room. I'm not looking for that. I'm just looking for hey, you know, well remember that going forward. That That's what I'm hunting for here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, something other than the Atlanta night Players just kind of wandering around the pitch, you know, grabbing water and then walking off like that's not what you want, That's not what you want to see. That's not what pedro Amador wants to see, and I'm sure that's not what Rob Valentino wants to see. That can't be the response can't be the response. It's not it's not acceptable. Like if I was Pedro Amador and that happened to me. The moment I got back to the locker room, I would be irate with my teammates, like where were we all at man? We where was the where was the backup? Like because it's gonna happen, Like Sam Surge didn't do anything that every soccer player hasn't done at some point in their career, Like it's just part of it. You just came in, you know, little d Baggy and they look a little bit of an extra shove. It happens. The response is what you need and that response was everything about it was wrong except for Brad. But it shouldn't come from Brad, even though he's as the captain. He should be in the ref's ear while the rest of the team is starting a dust up.
Speaker 2: With what we know about who's not going to be around. You mentioned the front on a quick turn, having to also think about Red Bulls on the weekend. What are you looking for in the midfield? What are you looking for at the back? We were discussing last time out against Messi and friends. It was a three five two five three two is kind of a thing where you drop back to five defensively, Are you starting in a are you you know? Are you you know? Bringing the four three three, having somebody like Dax be a de facto center back, drifting him back As a part of the discussion, what are you anticipating here with the with the midfield and the back line challenging this group as they are here on their way to New York City.
Speaker 6: I would I would like to see Dax start. Excuse me, I would like to see Dak start.
Speaker 2: Get your liquid. You got to make sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I just think you're gonna need a little bit more solidity in that midfield, and they don't have Busquettes. And again caveat here is Bousquetes has been terrible every time he's played Atlanta. It doesn't matter, but you need to start off and not allow Miami to just open you up early. So I think you need the veteran aspect of having Dax Steon took a cut to the cheek, but he's he's okay, Derek is okay. Of course, you have Luisa Bram who you might have to rely on at some point, whether you come out in a you know, back three, or just for the sheer fact that pedromondor literally has like a goose egg on his on his what left eye, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you'd have the possibility of keeping an eye out for Luis at the left, Derek Steon, Brooks, Das Daxa as you're six drifting back into be a third center back yep.
Speaker 6: And then you know this, this Jay fortune Tristan Miyumba thing has me intrigued in the fact that that Jay has more or less usurped Tristan Miyumba is interesting, but he deserves it. Yeah, I mean, I mean I would like to see him come out and start again, you know, because everybody had a bad game on Saturday. This you can't pick out one person. I know, everybody's kind of focused on Brooks Lennon from Saturday. He put in a bunch of bad crosses, but it wasn't just him, it was everybody. I want to see Jay get another start. He's also your lone goal scorer since the summer transfer window, so he's also, you know, much more attack oriented, and he's had some pretty good times against Miami in the past, like the games that he's played against them, he's he's done well, so and then you know, of course you got to have a Lexi and on the left, I think practicality, you're gonna at one MOUs scara start, and then I think Daniel Rio's up top again, and then of course Saba over on the right. I kind of think that's how it plays out.
Speaker 2: So then you're anticipating say, Edwin Tyler, Saba Luke, Daniel Jamal in some combinations because you have to think about tonight and you have to think about Harrison New Jersey on the weekend.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think the one wild card for this kind of three game stretch would be Merionchuck because you don't know what he is capable of in terms of fitness overall. Like you know, most number tens around the world and in Atlanta's history have been smaller, you know, smaller guys that they can run for days. Tiago Amata would never come off the pitch. No, that's just how it was. No, I don't know that Alexi Mirinchuk is the same. So do you see, depending on the way the game is going him come off, even if it's just twenty minutes early. And then you have to kind of do something strange there, maybe move J up and bring whatever.
Speaker 2: And what we've seen with Bart is there have been times where Bart has been engaged and Bart is moved forward as the attacking midfielder and it turns into a four to one four one, and you catch your opponent a bit off guard because they haven't really seen Atlanta in an attacking four to one four one at times, and especially with Bart being the one going forward. So you know, it's this, this, this dance that you're trying to figure out because one of who's in town, Two where you've got to be on the weekend, and three Okay, so who's healthy, who's got minutes? What can the physios tell me about who's going to be doing what where and when? So, uh, this is where this is where coaches really do and physios they really do earn the daily wage because of having to think about not just this one, but the one coming up on the weekend.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it's again, it's the chess game. It's the dance, right because you look at the way if everything goes the way I thought it would, and what I said earlier with MESSI maybe making a cameo at the end of the game, and you don't want Dex to play ninety minutes, so your obvious choice there is to bring in Bart. However, he can't go up and play super high. If Lionel Messi's on the pitch, he has to stay back home and just basically mark Messi. Which is why I think Jay would be the guy. If there's one guy that has to play ninety minutes, or I would. I would really really be happy if he did play ninety minutes, it would be Jay. Or if Miyamba does come on, he has to be told you've got to you've got to get up a little bit more and help out either Mirrion Chuck or whoever is coming on for Mieron Chuck. So I just you can't try transition. You can't make subs in the sixtieth minute or seventieth minute or whatever if the game is still close, and then they bring on Messi and expect everything to be the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So yeah, I find I finally found there We go. Yeah, see, that's it. We got to make sure that that that gets played at any appropriate moment.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: When you look around the rest of Major League Soccer, now that uh, you know we're going to be keeping an eye on a lot of stuff, you know, because it's it's head on a swivel. It's a match day and you are not. You're in the middle of a push and a hunt and whatever words you want to use. NYC is hosting Philadelphia, Toronto is hosting Columbus at BEMO, so I would probably end up taking the over in that. Orlando. And this is and this is the goofy part. You've got free You've got a free game on FS one tonight in addition to everything that's going on that will be keeping an eye on Orlando is Charlotte allegedly at eight fifteen. And this is, like I said, this is the website, this is this is what MLS Soccer dot com is telling its eight fifteen, So that's probably eight twenty five, yep, where FS one gets the Super Hypermega pregame show. Then you start drifting. Cincinnati's on the road, Nashville is at home hosting Chicago. What other games are you going to be keeping an eye on in the Eastern Conference? Knowing full well that going into tonight you have to think about tonight and the weekend, where it is Charlotte kind of on the slow fade where I don't think they I don't think they've I was talking about yesterday. I don't think they've won since like August first, they give one day.
Speaker 6: Since August first, they've kind of fallen off.
Speaker 2: And so Charlotte is on the slow fade, which means that Toronto is kind of drifting further and further up. And so any team that is right now where it Atlanta is, and there's a lot of them, get you get on a hot streak, then you could be making things difficult in Charlotte. Charlotte at thirty eight, Toronto at thirty six, DC at thirty three, that's the playoff bar. Atlanta's at thirty one, Philadelphia at thirty and literally these six teams that are not in the playoffs right now in the Eastern Conference, the six teams that are not in ten through fifteen separated by four points, and you're anywhere from two to six points away from d C. So how many screens are you going to have up and running tonight?
Speaker 6: By the way, like three, it's it's gonna between me, Sidney and Henry and Jackson sitting there, We'll probably have everything. It'll look like, you know, SpaceX Control Center.
Speaker 2: It'll looks like it looks like Hanson an NFL red Zone. It's the octobox.
Speaker 6: No, yeah, I mean I was talking about this last night with with one of the battered herons of the Miami Podcast, and the bottom of this Eastern Conference is ridiculous. I mean, if I were a neutral and I had no dog in this fight at all, the New York Philly game would be probably really fun to watch. We're at that weird point though, where because Atlanta is on the outside looking in barely, it's kind of hard to say, like do I want this team to win or do I want it to be a draw? And you know, because Orlando and New York are not out of reach. I think if you're a basically DC fan below, you're just looking to try to make it to that seventh spot and that's reasonable new York and Orlando possible. Anything above that, you're I mean, you have to win pretty much went out the rest of your season, So I don't know, man, what the results I want to be. It's really tough. It's almost like, you know, do you want it to just be a draw and each get a point and you win and you just kind of start trying to stack wins. Ultimately, though, any game from now on, you want d C and Toronto to lose, period, And I think you just have to hope that everybody else kind of just notches, you know, draws, if anything, to help bump your way up the standings if you're an Atlanta fan. So, but if I was just watching another game, the Philadelphia game would be probably probably a good one with Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, full disclosure. Look, we're all gonna be watching all the other games in the Eastern Conference. I mean, there's no other way around it. That's just that's literally how it is going to be. That Look everything from this moment forward, You're you're going to be just absolutely breaking everything down. There's gonna be math, You're gonna have your compass out. Literally, it's like the the T I ninety two, sorry, the T I ninety that you know, double I. You're gonna be yeah, you know, working all those kinds of combinations. Yes, sit there, I'm make words. You know, hey, dude, we all did it so that anybody that anybody that denies they didn't try to make words, you know, typing out eight double oh eight and getting a laugh. Yeah, don't don't think we didn't do that. Don't don't think that we didn't remember that kind of stuff either.
Speaker 6: What group you are?
Speaker 2: No, and especially for those of us who still act like we're twelve on a daily basis, Uh, one more time, hit me with the promo about what's going on today, tonight, tomorrow, uh, now, forever, all that kind of stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So it'll be uh, myself, Sydney and Henry at the Signia Hotel next to the Bins. Never heard of it, man, right, Uh, if you never heard of it, it's the giant glass building right next to the Bins. Large hotels, Star, very very very big one. Go to the fourth floor, just walk in, go up escalators, and we'll be right there. We'll be doing a live show starting at thirty, going for about an hour, so you have plenty of time to get inside and and get your seat and get more food and whatever else. So you just come hang out with us. We're talking the game and then whatever else we happen to get into. Starting a I guess, I guess, expanding upon what we normally do on Monday with kind of an MLS Monday. We'll just call it a wrap up where we go over just some of the bigger stories from the weekend, so that'll be part of our our normal show on Monday night. And yeah, Scarves and Spikes dot com. And then I will say I saw it in the Twitch pitch. The whole Bens is open tonight.
Speaker 2: Oh it is. It is more than it's more than forty two. It's like big big.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's big big. So like right now you have I mean there's tickets, uh three oh one forty forty dollars, three oh six thirty seven dollars. Okay, yeah, so it is. It is going to be open, fully open, all right.
Speaker 2: Soo, so I thought it was just going to be the this was the thing.
Speaker 6: This is the third of the three ones that they were going to do this year.
Speaker 2: Okay, so full full house. So yeah, I was mistaken. It as a full full house tonight that is available as the roof will be closed or maybe not. We'll see what happens with with the roof. But no, I think you want the I think you want the cauldron of noise to be on top of Ystyan friends, and so I think that the roof will be closed with what's going on, Uh get you know, say, save your pipes, get your morning coffee going, and uh, obviously we will be seeing you. Oh what what are you picking on the menu? What's good on the menu that you have come across there at the signia by the way.
Speaker 6: Well, so they obviously they change it periodically. But the one thing that they've had pretty much every time we've been there is this is the stake free okay, for free whatever you can repronounce that.
Speaker 2: It's the them them steak frights.
Speaker 6: Yeah, those things steak with fries, it's but it's a genuine it's a it's a good steak. And I will tell you if a steak sucks, I really will. And they're not paying me to talk about their menu. I'm just telling you, like it's it's a really good, really good steak. The fries or those little almost like shoe string fries, but they give you a good pile of them, you know, So yeah, that's good. And then I'm a mohido snob slash of ficionado. And then Mohido is off the chain, okay, and good old fashion.
Speaker 2: Too well, and what you do is you get the big steak to kind of neutralize the effects of said mohito and said, other drinks before you wander in and get to work. That's right later tonight, all right, So we will see you indoors. We'll see you. Some will see you at the signia, some will see you indoors, some will see you in both places. It's always great to have you to come on on Wednesdays and break everything down from these scarves in spikes perspective as he sits there and continues to promote the show as he should with the hat and the coffee mode, we will see you indoors. My friend will see you outdoors. Be safe. We'll see you tonight, all right, see you appreciate it. There goes Tyler, and Tyler's going to go drink more coffee because I'm sure I woke him up. Uh. Yeah, I know steak frights in this economy. That is kind of Gary.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: And Derek, you are absolutely correct. I didn't know calculators were good for anything else. You know, we're always sitting there and we're trying to make words and everything. But yeah, for me, it was always the baseline of eight double O eight h D. Graham's leaving Mosquito on the bench. Miodanchuk slides to the wing. I mean you mean that could be a possibility. We saw that with Tiago at times, and so does Miodonchuk slide to the wing. Do you start Bart and Tristan? I mean, do you start Bart and Jay and Dax? So I mean it was like I said, this the meet and the sandwich of the three matches in eight days. This is this is it'll it will be intriguing to see how once again with Messi and friends, all the minutes they played on the weekend, then who's going to be available once again, no novelis nobusquets? And then who's going to be available available? Considering all the minutes that they played on the weekend, and you're getting ready to play the number four team in the Eastern Conference, even though you have a ten point lead, how does it look? Every but he's gonna be making the trip. Just who's gonna dress out? So we'll see what happens with with with Totto Martino. Uh so yes, Amelia tonight is according to Tyler full configuration, So like big big seventy thousand, Uh yeah, let they come Pona Golasso, uh and Emilio asking you know how long before me don Juke asks himself, what did I just do? I left Bergramo for this. I mean, I'd give him a little more credit than that, and I would give it a little more time than just a couple of matches. You know, I would think that part of the conversations that you have with Alexi and his agent going in is the current state of affairs. You're not gonna I mean, And besides, any player can sit there if they're being courted and recruited, if it's courted and Cruton, they can they can look and see what's going on that they can look and see where things are in the standings. They can see what's going on inside the league and everything. So it's not it's not like there that anyone is totally naive to a situation. You know, I think that there's gonna be I think there's some patience involved. And Alex, thank you for the mischievousness. JBG. You know, what have I seen lately from Atlanta United gives you any hope they could win even if they made the playoffs. We've talked about it going up against Columbus and Messi and friends against them earlier this season. You've seen those kinds of moments, and so that would be those would be exhibits A and B for me in that kind of a situation. Well, and Emilio, it doesn't matter if the players are staying or if they're going, or if they think they're staying, or if they think they're going, he says, you know, it also depends if you think the players are staying. They're playing for jobs. And if you're not doing well and it shows and your aura is you know, it's just a bad it's you've got bad juju, you know, you know, oozing from you, for lack of a better phrase. If if your bad juju is rubbing off on others, and if folks can see your bad aura and you're not giving one hundred percent, that's going to affect your paychecks down the line. So that would be the larger point in all of this. It's like, you can't just sit there and not do because other teams are looking not just here in the country, but all round. So you can't just sit there and Christmas Tree and have a bad or and all those kinds of things. Busiest Man of the Northeast, it is time to transfer up there, and we'll talk about the mi I six story in his beloved Newcastle. By the way, Dylan Butler, how are you, sir?
Speaker 7: I'm good, how are you?
Speaker 2: We are discussing anything and everything in the midweek, the meat in the sandwich, the second match of three in an eight day period, and yesterday we broke the news that to Dylan Butler Estates and NYCFC have a new part owner and Marcelo Clowray three years to the day that he got bought out to no longer be a part of Beckham and Friends and now he is a part of NYCFC and Dylan Butler estates to the valuation of one point five billion dollars, so it sounds like it was a one hundred and fifty million dollar investment by Marcelo Clowray. You got the photo of all of the CFG folks Clowray holding up the jersey, so you got owner new owners holding up jerseys now with the NYCFC and Dylan Butler estates it was. It was an intriguing storyline yesterday where NYCFC and Dylan Butler Estates end up getting a new owner that gets his own chair added to the table as a co vice chair. It's like yeah, uh yeah, Marcelo, you want in? Okay, cool? Great, Well where am I gonna sit? Oh, we'll just pull up another chair. You just pull up another chair to the to the conference table. Here. We got glass table, glass walls, your co vice chair. That's fine, We'll just go ahead and bring up another chair. No worries.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I think what is it's ten percent ownership?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so it's ten percent to Clowry, ten percent to the Yankees, and eighty percent to cfg City football groups.
Speaker 7: So I'm not sure what that ten percent gets you, right, Like I know, I mean I seated that table for sure, but you know it's I almost liking it to just a very expensive season ticket.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it could very well be considering that he's got like interest in Girona, an interest in Boulevard. And now it's like it's like he's just picking up things. It's like I'm in I'm in ale number four. I'm at ahuah wah, you know, or at Dwayne I'm at Dwayne Reid. I'm in ile number six and I've got oh I'll take this, and I'll take this, and you know, I'll take this and oh, by the way, by the way you get to leave Dwayne read and you get your photo taken in the photo booth. I mean, is it legitimately? That's what it just seems like an investment to add to what Clowry is doing across all levels when it comes to what you're staring at with with him and cfg's umbrella.
Speaker 7: Yeah, part of his uh what do they call it in the investment world, part of his portfolio.
Speaker 2: Yes, part of the portfolio. And uh, you know, so it's it's interesting and.
Speaker 7: A good time to jump in to be honest, right like once we've seen it with other you know, not to get to like Business Weekly into this whole thing.
Speaker 2: But down here, Yeah.
Speaker 7: The teams that have their own stadium, right and are able then to you know, get money off of their own stadium and not have to pay rent like ny CFC has had to do. They're usually valued as one of the higher teams in Major League Soccer, right, So to to come in now before that happens is I think a wise investment.
Speaker 2: And that's what investments should be. They should be a wise investment if you are looking at things in that particular vein Eastern Conference, it is three matches in eight days. It's for everybody. It is three matches in eight days, if not non everybody, right, because there's uh you know, you don't have the double match week in your fantasy with them, and so please adjust your rosters appropriately and uh DC yeah, because it wasn't anything last week, but they end up with stuff, you know, this upcoming weekend. We know that the chaos is there, and it's different kinds of chaos. In the Eastern Conference, it's people trying to climb over each other to get in. You know, it's like they're trying to get on the they're trying to get on the l and they're just climbing over the you know, the the turnstiles. They're trying to climb all over each other, trying to skip paying and try to get on the train so they don't miss it. That's getting into the playoffs. And then you have some positioning, you know, like three four five and that kind of stuff, maybe two three four five and see who's fading and what have you. And then in the West it's at the top where everybody's trying to figure out and then like two through seven. Three through seven is an absent loot mess. What's it been like for you trying to keep your brain straight with all of these different concepts that are going on here, knowing that we we we knew it was going to be chaotic. We just thought it was going to be kind of different. Chaos in the east, it's getting in in the west, it's trying to figure out if you can get a home match. What's it been like trying to cover all this map?
Speaker 7: The key is not to make definitive statements. Yes, so it's a lot of it's a lot of could bees and possibly and it appears to be you know, you couch a lot of your statements. It's but this is what you want, right, I mean, you know, in a league that has so many games and is across so many months, you want the stretch drive to be meaningful for the team that you support, right, Or if you're a casual or you know you watch the entire league, you your root for chaos. Right, So you want you want decision day too, you know, you want to have five different things up and your tablet and your iPad and you're everything because because you can't miss what's happening, and you know that this result will affect three other teams and but that's great, right, Like who wants it to be already decided by the time the the last two matches or three matches happened. So no, it's been great, it's been fun. It's it's been wild. I think, especially like in the East, I think you're you're seeing a little bit of a separation, well more than a little bit. You're seeing a separation from top three down right, and I think you're seeing a separation from one, and then it's like one, then two, three are kind of together, and then there's a jump for four. Like it appears that nobody wants that fourth home game, like or that or that home game. I'm sorry in fourth, yes, because Charlotte and the Red Bulls and n y CFC have all had opportunities for quite a while, right, and now our Lando's like, listen, guys, if you're not going to take it, we're going to creep in here and and and do what we apparently do, which is looked terrible for a good chunk of the season, and then turn it on late right like the old Seattle.
Speaker 2: Sounders Zobby Sounds Baby.
Speaker 7: And then yeah, and then and then it's and then it's like who who then gets in at the bottom, right, like Chicago gets to win over Red Bulls, like they're not out of it, Like I mean, I think even technically technically you could say New England's not out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, six teams separated by US six. Well they have two.
Speaker 7: Games in hands on ninth place d C.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So you've got the bottom seven separated by six points, which is basically two wins, which is a hot week, and that's to get in the bottom seven separated by six points two wins, and you know the bottom four is to get to knock on the door, you're separated by four points. So it is a it is a zoo in the Eastern Conference with two separate groups. So let me let me take it piece at a time. Who is you know who who is the team that you're looking at? That is you know, mister upswing, right, So who's the hot who's the hot hand right now in the East that you're sitting there saying can make noise either in that group to get in or that group to get to the second section.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think Orlando right right now there they are one of the hottest about the hottest team in MLS, right now you know that there they were a team we were wondering are they out? Is Pereja out? And now they appear to be the team mostly I'm putting in the appear. They appear to be the team most likely to take that fourth spot, which you know, like if you if you go, if you say all the favorites then in the east wind right and your final four is Miami versus Orlando and Cincey versus Columbus. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh then who's just kind of tread and water right now? Who's got the float hees on and is just kind of happy to be in the pool.
Speaker 7: Clearly the Red Bulls right like they cannot get out of their own way, Like it's it's honestly, John, kind of mind boggling, right Like you you you go into this season and you're like, they need a ten and they need a nine, and boom amel foursburk comes out. They've got their tens. Great, So in the sum get your nine. Hello, hello, is there a nine coming in here?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 7: Your has been injured now for three months? So with no ten and no nine, that math equates the not many wins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this gives me the chance to to to to do this just as kind of a reminder of what might be happening there, just as just as gallant Any Sheldon, you're you're looking for you're looking for that.
Speaker 7: You're going bueler with that. But but it does have the same effect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, I mean, it's just one of those things, right, so we know who's who's on the upswing and who's wearing the floaties, who's uh hanging on. Traditionally it's Oscar parreh in the slow fade, but it looks more and more like Charlotte is doing the Oscar pere high impression right now, considering they've only won once since August first, I believe.
Speaker 7: And that also don't define there's no lodge there either, right because logic would dictate when you get your highest paid players on the field, when you could finally play with three dp's, you should be be at your best, and they've they've not been that. They were at their best earlier in the season when they weren't, as Dean Smith said recently, conceding stupid goals right again, I don't you know, like you follow this league and you're an expert, and sometimes it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: No, that is absolutely true. And when it doesn't make sense, we've been at the bat signal to bring Nick in. So Nick, as we tour Major League Soccer with Dylan Butler, what is on your mind this morning as we are here with Dylan.
Speaker 4: And book Man. There's it's the haves and have nots for a league that throught, you know, that builds itself on on parody and you know, the ability for teams to be competitive fairly quickly. It seems like there are some teams that are that are stuck in the have not category and seem to be sort of cementing themselves there. And uh, you know, it's going to be interesting, I think to you know, much to what Dylan was talking about earlier. You know, teams that had an opportunity to go get players at a particular position that was desperately needed and then elected, well we'll just sit tight for now.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, teams like the Red Bulls, teams like Atlanta, teams that sat there and kind of you know, hit the pause button on you know, maybe brought in one player and then uh and kind of left it at that one or two players and you know, left some key areas unaddressed. It's going to be interesting to see how these teams shake out going forward, you know, because there's this Harvard there's this business term out there called the trust thermal line right where Yeah, it's so long story short. If the ocean has different levels of temperatures, right so up to the surface it's warm, down below it gets cool, and those waters really don't mix, right because it is like once an object gets below a certain temperature barrier, it's not coming back up. And so somebody associated with like the Harvard Business Review put together this whole flow chart that says that businesses go through the same thing where after a period of time, the customer trust gets below what's called the trust thermal line, and it is virtually impossible to bring that trust in energy and enthusiasm back. It's I think teams are going to have to aren't making some more calculated risk when it comes to the transfer windows, And you know, much like the red Bulls, much like at lad to say, hey, look, we need to bring in some eyeballs. We need to kind of re energize and re enthuse a fan base. I you know, I think there's a lot of teams right now that are kind of being very very conservative on the spending side, and it's not benefiting them and it's not benefiting their fan bases. That's what is on my mind.
Speaker 2: Good sir, Wow, the trust Therma Cline, I literally have just started doing this and yet Nick is like, you know, there's no there's no second chance to make that first impression is basically what you're staring at. You will you will not get a second chance to burn trust Adam Fisher, Medium Magazine back in twenty twenty two. So Dylan, this is where we're going this morning on.
Speaker 7: The law and the waters in Montreal are shark infested. That shark his named joey'suputo wow, because he is just ready you know they stay below that line. Yeah, they're looking at like their thirty eighth new coach in the last six years.
Speaker 2: Well, and then you invested money in players that have turned out to be much like Dennis Green said in his press conference, we are who we thought they were and it's just like the worst. I mean their defense, by the way, goal difference for CF Montreal minus twenty two.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's not the degrees.
Speaker 2: That's not no, no, no, that is not even Celsius compare. I mean, like if the fahrenheit gold difference were to be converted, yeah, it might be a little closer to zero. No, No, that is goal difference. That that is flat out goal difference. Not in Celsius. That is fahrenheit at minus twenty two.
Speaker 7: And it's even the worst, it's not even the worst in the East.
Speaker 2: That's bad, man, Yes, that is horrendous.
Speaker 7: And and the teams that are below them not that you you want to give them an out. But like Chicago, look, they're they're gonna have a whole new another restart right right, support of the director, head coach, the whole thing. Nashville just got a new coach, right like New England first year head coach new you know, so all those are are different, uh levels of a rebuild. Philly will go under, will We'll have a big change coming forward, right because they ran it back with this group, and and they're below the playoff line right now. So Atlanta is currently in the middle of that too, right So but yeah, no, like Montreal is the one that kind of isn't and it's it's not looking good.
Speaker 4: No, Atlanta, Atlanta and Philly are going to be rebuilding, right, And I think what the difference is is that, well, actually a commonality between the two and I'm sure Jason's going to launch himself to the roof when he hears me say it is that is that both teams are in the middle of having to identify a sustainable culture. Like Philly's style has been n fight in a pham booth every game, right, which is which requires a mentality. You have to have players who are one hundred percent mentally engaged in making life hell for the other team, right.
Speaker 7: And also Nick, from a player perspective, right, like, this is a team that you know, they are the academy guys, they are, you know.
Speaker 4: And then and then.
Speaker 7: It's finding that like third division German midfielder yes below a rock that will will do those will will will will play that hard game for you, right.
Speaker 4: And and from a fan perspective, you know, we talked about that trust thermal client. Again, you have the one commonality I see amongst the Philly fans is that they love their team, but they understand and hate the fact that ownership will consistently choose the cheaper option as opposed to investing in players who will come in play that aggressive style and capture interest in eyeballs, and you know, as a result, you sort of get hammered into playing this particular aggressive style because you are having to make do with that third division German player who was out of the game for like, you know, four years and you know, ended up going to a D three university here stateside. Atlanta is going to have to figure out, you know, what kind of culture they want. Is it going to be Seattle East Coast? Is it going to be you know, you know, IAC Southeast. I mean like where everything gets fed through the academy now, and that's you know, you try to supplement with a few high dollar dps to get you over the line. I mean there's a lot of culture ships that are taking place in MLS Chicago. It's a revolving door of culture up there because they can't ever seem to get anything with some level of consistency. So it's if you are a team in MLS right now that has sort of a solidified culture, you're sort of playing with house money at this point.
Speaker 2: Nothing like nothing like talking. I did not know that we are going to go down the trust thermacline. Uh, but I mean it's a wall past Wednesday. I get it.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm on like cup of coffee number four right now, man, so I'm like seeing galaxies and nebulas and everything else. At this point.
Speaker 2: It's amazing how they just come to sit there and they talk to you. It's like, yes, starts talking to you.
Speaker 7: Speaking of the gap.
Speaker 2: See well yeah, I mean you know you got to Wallace because we haven't talked about the West yet. I mean, l a g right now by the way in L traffico. And it's another thing that drives Jason crazy, is saying EL traffic because he hates that. You know, you're thinking that LAFC they got a two nil lead in L traffico and you're like, yeah, yeah, we got We're under control. And then uh, Joe Tatino gets out his number two Taikondroga pencil and since here and goes not so fast, my friend four goals in the fourth one coming off of a red card in an eleven B ten situation, and now Lag is the one that is steaming away from everybody else. But then all of a sudden, John Thorrington decides to go into the not so way back machine and bring back Carlos Vela for the home stretch. What in the blue issues all that about, other than maybe trying to find lightning in a bottle and knowing that you don't have to pay him at ten bucks and and maybe an in and out gift card or something for the remainder of the window.
Speaker 7: Yeah, bring bring out the bring out the closer, right, bring out the righty out of the bullpen or or the lefty because he cuts it onto his left. Yeah, if if you know, if again, I think good, good piece of business for sure, right, like you said, you know, there's there's options there and and see see what he has left. I mean, it's been a while since he's played, right, it's a match so match fitness wise, you know. I mean the whole thing is, you know you love to get him, you'd love to get him going for the last uh maybe two matches of the regular season and and and have this be your be your stretch drive. The concern, I guess on the other side of it is how does that mess up sort of this continent that you have in your attacking unit, right Like you've got guys who for twenty eight twenty seven matches have been together, right now, you throw this into the mix now. But then again, what what is is he a super sub?
Speaker 2: You know, is he Gareth Bale all over again?
Speaker 7: Possibly it worked then, I mean.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, as you get into you know, as you get toward the playoffs, you're going to have to win in different ways, right, So there's going to be some games where you can, you know, playing wide open will get you the result. And then there's going to be some games where the opponent will you know, chuck everyone back around the eighteen, including the water boy, the medical assistant, and probably a third owner. And you're going to have to figure out how to break that down. And the ability now for LAFC to say, okay, we're gonna put Carlos Vela at the eighteen and just roam, just roam, find space and then turn and fire. You know, if you can call him in at like the sixty fifth minute to say, look, go out there and give us a few I you know, I think that's where Carlos Vela could be very helpful for them. You know, I completely agree with Dylan thoughing that what kind of match fitness is this guy going to be in? He's certainly not somebody you can put on for a minute. One and call it good. However, you know, however, sixty fifth minute, when you got some tired legs and some space presents itself, it could think of some worse guys to have out there than Carlos Vela, even if he's at you know, even if he is at you know, maybe thirty forty percent of who he was.
Speaker 2: Seven points back. But they have two matches in hand, so there really isn't a whole lot of flinching space for LAG. But then we mentioned the k in the Western Conference two through seven separated by four points. Right now LAFC two matches in hand on LAG forty eight points, Colorado Salt Lake forty seven, Seattle at forty six, Vancouver at forty five. And I know that Nick is ready to lay down his life for Vanni Sartini at any given moment. This is accurate, and Houston the Dynamo at forty four. And then you get into the eight and nine, and there's a little bit of space there between the eight and the nine, which looks like it's fairly safe unless somebody just completely and totally collapses down the stretch, meaning Portland, Minnesota. So it's a different kind of chaos but three through seven, it's really two through seven at the moment. You cannot breathe funny right now in the Western Conference with all that activity going on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I think if you're salt Lake, you're that team that's that's a temperature is up now, right like, and again it's it's part of I think it's part of the reality of this league. Is you know, and and Atlanta had something similar, right Like, you you get a young prospect, they play really well, there's I think it was an eight figure deal on the table. You've got to sell them, right And that's what Salt Lake did with Andres Gomez. But here's the other part of it, to Nick's point, like where's the replacement? Right Like, there hasn't been one, and they've not been the same team since that, so you know a lot of what he was doing also aided uh Chicho Orango. Orango hasn't been the same player since Goma has left, so you know they're struggling right now. And and and the teams that are rising are you know, Colorado and I and I will again uh uh or not again, but I will say that I think Chris Armors should be in serious contention for Coach of the Year Ding ding ding. And I know he won't. He won't because Toto Martino will win it because you know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: But I think that Chris Armis should at least be invited to sit in the front road the New York Athletic Club at the end of the day.
Speaker 7: I just I think it's the definition of what a Coach of the Year is, right, Like, are you the coach of the best team? Is that difficulty? Hes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So basically what you're It's like the the MVP voting. Basically where Tatsa Martino did what he was supposed to do with the resources he had on hand, where Chris Armis was given resources and for the first time in known history, Kronky Sports and Entertainment actually decided to invest and they brought and actually spent money in bringing in Georgie Mahailovich. They trusted Chris Armis with the style of play, do your thing, We'll leave you alone, and you see the results.
Speaker 7: And and and the year to year difference in points. I think with a new coach at the HELM, I think, should you know? To me, that's more about Coach of the Year than anything else.
Speaker 4: But it feels very NBA ish to be where you have you have like the Darling market that is going to get all of the eyeballs and all of the wards, all the accolades, and meanwhile you have like, you know, like Denver, you know, you have Denver Okac or somebody else who you know, because they're not, you know, the major primetime market eyeball catcher, they're you know, they're just going to go under the radar and you know, kind of be ignored for awards and things like that. To me, armists should be clear manager of the year. However, however, you know when when you have essentially an unlimited ATM at your disposal and you can bring in Messi and co, then you're you're going to get that sort of NBA treatment.
Speaker 7: And in that sense too, Nick, right, Tata is like an NBA coach because he's just managing these big, big per finalities, right.
Speaker 2: He is, in fact pat Riley and he's not. You just hope that if you're the Moss Brothers that he doesn't turn into Paul west Head. Uh. All right, so what are your weekend plans? Dylan? What do you what do you think games tonight? Damn son, what are your midweek plans? What are you up to tonight as you get ready for everything?
Speaker 7: Yeah, on the desk tonight some some some good ones, you know. Obviously eyeballs again on on Miami as they always are, right, Like Tata has said that Messi is available for both this match and for the game up in the Bronx on Saturday afternoons, so that should be fun. Houston Vancouver, I think is is a good one tonight, right, although although Herrera is out with a hamstring, and hamstring's a tricky like, this is not a good time. Great, he was already sidelined with the knee at the start of the year and now to have a out with a hamstring usually those like at least a month, right, So that is offer a team like Houston that's been playing some really good soccer as well, So h tough one for him, but yeah, listen. And then Portland LA. I don't know, listen, John, you love the juice boxes. I don't know what that one says about the over, but I would take it. These are two of the three, or I should say, the two highest scoring teams not called Miami in MLS. One goal difference between these two teams, they score goals. It's MLS after Dark, perfect perfect scenario for like a six or five banger.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I don't necessarily love the juice boxes, but I understand their place, and that's why we talk about them as much as we do. Over under four courtesy of our friends the odds portal in the composite over under a four is a plus one twenty two. Four and a half is a plus one six and then obviously it goes up from there to your eleven gold banger. Over under nine and a half is at plus five thousand to go from there. So that's what you're staring at, at least with that particular matchup. So no, I do not. I do not have juice boxes to spend. Therefore I don't spend them because I don't have them. I just understand the place that the juice boxes are when it comes to folks and their day to day enjoyment of their particular franchises.
Speaker 7: And yeah, that's an over, that's an overmatch.
Speaker 2: So take the overstarting at four and a half, you should be good. Dylan is always my friend. Thanks for dropping by. We will catch up with you again. When your world calms down. Oh, varsity media, what's going on?
Speaker 7: No, it's good, rare weekend off. So's it's all MLS all the time this weekend?
Speaker 2: There you go, all right, all MLS all the time? Oh what's the mug by the way?
Speaker 7: A little goldfish?
Speaker 2: Little? Uh?
Speaker 7: Sorry, there you go.
Speaker 2: There you go, be a goldfish. Enjoy your cup of coffee and be the number one dad. We'll catch up with you soon, my friend. I guess all right, that's Dylan. I forget to talk to Dylan about the I six engaging in investigations of the PIF when it came to Newcastle. When Martin Zigler at the Times has that as a byline, Nick, that's not necessarily a good thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, the money is the money's too dumb. The money's too dumb. And you know you're gonna have to people are going to have to become savvy and educated consumers, which I don't have a ton of faith in, but they're going to have to make some choices on the product they wish to invest in.
Speaker 2: Yes, one thing that I definitely wanted to get into the discussion with you about is why are Well I know the answer why, but why are folks firing managers after four matches in Syria?
Speaker 4: Money? That's it's it's scared money. So you have Roma who fired the or els. See they said the results weren't there.
Speaker 2: It's four your ten percent into your schedule.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they are what's happening is they're looking up at a table and they're saying, if we are not in the top four or five and we're not getting Champions League, that sweet sweet Champions League revenues not coming in to fill the coffers, and that puts us at risk. And you have American business mentality that says that, you know, we have to generate X in order to be considered successful, right, And that's that's fine, that's business. But there's a difference between allowing a club legend to work and gain some sort of traction and to turn things around versus saying, Okay, we're gonna make it, we're gonna make a swift change here because we're just trying to ensure a certain placement in the table. Roma gets what they deserve now. So you know, there's that's one of the great, uh, one of the great backhanded statements of our time is have the day you deserve. So, uh, you know, that's that's what Roma needs to be getting right now because they're talking about bringing it Ivansurich now, the former manager of to Reno. You're telling me that you're going to have radical wild success with Ivansurich. This, it's this, you know, it's the same mentality up in Milan where they said, oh yeah, Paula fon Seka is going to be the guy who's going to make us exciting and fun. Milan's a mess. Roma's a mess, you know. They because you have these ownership groups that you know, they're they're they're in gay in this moneyball bs and they're saying, well, we have to generate X revenue or else we're going to be in trouble. Okay, great fire the manager bringing someone else, maybe that gets the results, have the day you deserve.
Speaker 2: I had to ask about that considering that we saw that, and that kind of lit up our lit up our page. As we go, juice boxes over the top when it comes to the midweek whip around right now and I you know, I sit there and I look at all the seven thirties and there's four of them, which means that they're seven to forties and I'm going, hey, at Landy United's first in the list, they're the alphabetical highest home team. Moron that land United right now plus one two in the composite courtesy of our friends at Odds Portal draws a plus two ninety four and enter Miami Messian friends is a plus one six one. Jared, what do you think.
Speaker 1: You issuaall lead?
Speaker 5: The rule is in First of all, the rule has never been on MLS.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 1: First of all, that's that's the rule. Verst All.
Speaker 5: Yes with this though, Atlanta's so weird and so unpredictable and inconsistent. Uh, if you are going to ignore rule number one, rule number two is, don't ignore rule number one. Rule number three is clearly you're not going to listen to me and a full as money are soon parted. If you've got a home dogs, you take them. I don't know how to deal with this because we've seen very, very very many variations of what Atlanta United can be. Yeah, the thing that annoys me the most about this team when you get performances like Saturday.
Speaker 1: Is it they've shown you they can be better.
Speaker 5: They wouldn't be as disappointing, have they not shown you that they are better than when they showed you against Nashville, Because if someone has lit a fire under their ass, or if they are feeling any sort of way after getting embarrassed by Nashville, not just on the scoreboard, but also in terms of like Sam Surage trucking one of your guys and you didn't do shit about it. Yeah, by all accounts, you should come out here ready to throw hands tonight. And in that case, I might be tempted to. I don't know, man, what time of year. We're almost to October. It's almost spooky season. Let's go Halloween candy on this. Wow, pretty got the Halloween candy?
Speaker 1: What do I get?
Speaker 5: Like a crunch bar? Something that I don't mind but I can live it out. I'm putting a crunch bar in Atlanta just because this team is unpredictable, inconsistent, and untrustworthy right now. But we've seen what they.
Speaker 2: Can do, and then we got to keep an eye on that. Alex As one of our de facto producers here, is letting us know about Guillermo Rivera and conversations out of Chicago, and it appears that the Chicago fire are close to naming a new manager. That new manager might be Greg Burholter. Rivera says, not done yet, fire biting discussions with Burholter for several weeks. Would have complete control of soccer operations, but Joe Mansweto, the owner, would like to keep some of the technical staff on board. A technical director slash GM or similar title would work under him. It is a waiting game now, according to Guillermo Rivera, So it would be Burholter as Vermes is what we're looking at here.
Speaker 4: So that's terrifying.
Speaker 2: Possibly, you know where you have Burholter head coach cso you know he's you know, Burholter equals Vermes in Chicago would be how it would look. Yeah, Nick is uncomfortable instantly.
Speaker 4: I question giving Burhalter that much power, and I have no I think Burhlter is a fine person. He's a good person. Most of the people who interact them seem to sick find him, you know, kind and personable. I have major issues with why from an offensive perspective, his team's go from you know, at they have like brief flashes of attacking capability and then go to like like Honda Accords, stuck in the mud, like it's there doesn't seem to be any sort of him getting out of his own way from that perspective, and if you're giving that guy all the control, good luck.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, because I don't know how that's really going to work for you. Okay.
Speaker 5: I feel the same way in the technical director's side. I don't know how I feel about giving him that kind of control. If you have a team like Chicago, though Atlanta, you're not too far off this. Don't get too side eyed on me. Where Chicago needs not just a change in leadership on the field, but you kind of need an injection of culture. I think Greg can be that guy on the field side of it. Don't know what he's going to do.
Speaker 1: On the technical side.
Speaker 5: I will always go back to those Columbus teams where pre Court was not spending and Greg was still getting them to the playoffs despite Anthony pre Court trying to actively sabotage that club to get them moved. They played well, overachieved it times, and it seems stable on the inside. Chicago can benefit from that.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: That's true, and good.
Speaker 5: For Greg if that's the case. I wasn't sure after coaching the US national team if you would want to break from everything, or if he was one of those guys he just needed to jump back into the fray. I don't hate it for Chicago on the field side of it. The technical side feels like we are staring into a dark jungle and I don't know what's on the other side of that tree line.
Speaker 2: We'll find out, and you don't know.
Speaker 5: Can it be any more dysfunctional than what Chicago already has been?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Look, here's here's a question that I'm going to have is what has Greg Burhalter learned from his time with the national team.
Speaker 2: That's the interview Number one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, because you have to any manager who it gets fired for, you know, he was. I hesitate on saying this because what US men's national team fans to find a success and what a lot of other national teams define a success are two very different things.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: The Gold Cup is the Gold Cup.
Speaker 1: You're only.
Speaker 4: The US cannot help the competition that is in CONCACAF. They just can't. You can help being usurped by Canada, a broke federation, and that happened on If you talk about Burhalter winning Gold Cups, you could talk about the United States, you know, getting you serted by Canada, So.
Speaker 2: Who are they?
Speaker 1: Can? You know?
Speaker 4: That happened on his watch too, you know, the the US you know sputtering in U in Copa America. That happened on his watch too. And that's against larger competition, you know, the World Cup, all the mess that happened with that. I would like to know, Greg, what have we learned through this whole thing? Like to the full house music?
Speaker 5: You know, I learned something don't don't don't bring in.
Speaker 4: Arena, Yes, don't bring in arena.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 5: I don't think you have to worry about Giorana signing for the Chicago Fire.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't don't think so. But you know, like if you look at Greg's career, there have been teams that have fired him because they're his teams generated no attacking capability whatsoever. Greg, have we learned how to become more attacking within the confines of your system?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: I think that, you know, I think my system. Nope, you're out.
Speaker 2: That's what That's where John McLachlan comes into play.
Speaker 4: Wrong here is Yes, I've worked that out. I you know I have. I've got to be a little more, uh, you know, a little more dangerous. I gotta, you know, embrace risk a little more.
Speaker 2: This is your interview with the parole board man.
Speaker 4: We're going forward now we're going have.
Speaker 2: You have you reformed? What have you learned? This is in front of the parole board man.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, But look here's the thing. Chicago is ahead of Atlanta right now on the rebuild. If this is accurate. You know, Greg Burhalter was a name that was out there. He's off the board. So you know who is going to be the name that is now kicked around? Is it still Patrick Vieira the name that this has been kicked around on the rumor mill? You know it Atlanta has Hey, I'm I'm fine with GEO. I'm fine with GEO, but you know, I want to see this. Atlanta is is needing a technical director. They are needing a head coach. They need two dps and they need to win the trust uh and and excitement of the fan base back. I don't think any of what I just said is out of bounce and JAREDT. When Sturage cleared out, uh that that number of the five stripes, were there any yellow cards? For Atlanta United handed out after that.
Speaker 5: No, and Dick I was on the field when it happened because I was going to interview Rob after the game. And then Rob Rob took off down the tunnel to go yell at everybody, and I wonder if that was I hope that was a part of it, because when we saw it happen on the field level, Rob snapped goose went to the referee, which is about all you can do. And it's the rugby thing to be the captain and go politicket, which is fine. But yeah, And I did this manifesto Monday, Nick that like it. It still bothers me three days four days on that nobody put a hip into stourage and if Storage is down on the pilets like let's say he's down on the field, that nobody put a hip into Walker Zimmerman or Honeymoon Tar who's wearing the arm band for that team.
Speaker 1: Mhmm.
Speaker 5: You're getting absolutely beaten down in your own building in a rivalry game, yep, getting blanked against the teams that is dead in the water. Yes, and then they take what a mouse to a cheap shot on your guy.
Speaker 1: You don't do anything that that to me.
Speaker 5: Is that to me, I'm not saying you had to go get sent off or that you had to like try and hurt him.
Speaker 2: You didn't have to Aaron McCarty on his ass, but.
Speaker 5: The fact that nobody stepped to him or step to anyone on Nashville and creating a mass confrontation with Look, you show you are showing people, whether or not that's true or not, when you do that, when you don't step like that, you were showing them yourself. Yeah, you're so much.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent because you you have to show like, you have to show that you have fight, Like, you have to show that you have fight. And even if you're not gonna win the day, at least let the other team know they've been in a fight.
Speaker 2: Win the moment.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like, if if you are going to lose a fight, at least you know, at least claim the other person's teeth in the process. You know what I'm saying, Like, if you're gonna lose, I'm leading the quote Denzel Washington, I'm leaving with something, you know, leave with something. And I think that's part of the issue is and when I talk about that, that that trust thermoc line that do you think jeff Lorenowitz would have let that slide in the past, jeff Lorenowitz would have been like breaking somebody getting the yellow car, shoving somebody's face into the turf? Where is that?
Speaker 5: He wasn't on the field, and I worry he might have taken it a step too far.
Speaker 1: But I worry if that for Morales had been on the field.
Speaker 5: Who look, I know most people haven't only seen they've seen a couple of games of play. The boys got combaball in his blood and he's got combon ball blood on his hands from coming up through Bolivia set up.
Speaker 1: He's got that edge an that I would have liked in that moment.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying I want him to get a red car, but I think he had a stepped to somebody.
Speaker 1: And you need did that? Yeah? You need that? You need And Rob.
Speaker 5: Talked about this after the game of You know, you have Brad, you das veterans who have leadership. But one of the perils of having a young team is you don't have leaders all the time on the field, and you have to develop that and you can guide people, but you've got guys have gotta want it. They gotta want that smoke and leadership. I would hope that that is kind of that that I would hope that that moment Saturday night becomes a touchstone for a couple of guys of well, somebody's got to step up, and if no one else is gonna do it, I will.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think you have to have that, and that's.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 4: This is what's happening now is a relationship and it gets you know, and I I know, I'm the person who has always said nostalgia is the last bastion for a person with no hope, right, they have no hope in the future.
Speaker 2: All you have is nostalgia.
Speaker 4: And you know, when you look at social media, I remember a time when oftentimes you saw players out together in town. You saw fans meeting players out in the street, smiling faces. I don't see any of that anymore, like, none of it, you know, And to me, I don't know if that's players are just you know not you know, fans aren't just randomly bumping into players anymore or anything like that, or the players is more low key about where they go and what they do. That's fine, you know. I don't see any of that. I don't see. There was a you know, a time when you had players that on the field, if somebody got out of line with one of your stars, they were eating the turf you had. You had some some people with razor blades in the cheeks who were ready to go to work. And I don't see that anymore. I see a collection of players. I don't think if there's anyone who laces their cleats up professionally who's okay with losing, I don't. I don't think it's possible to be a professional and be okay with losing. So if there's anyone out there who says Nick says that the players are okay with lose, no, I don't. But what I do believe is that there are some folks who are like, you know, Okay, I'm just gonna stay in my lane. I'm just gonna kind of do my thing and do my business and go about it. And that to me is if you're not winning, you've got to show that there's fight at some level, you know, you got to show that there's a relationship there at some level, and if you don't, people will check out, and people on the field will check out. People in the stands will check out, and I find it hard to stay engaged when it is when you have something like that where smarmy stourage is bucking your own dudes around.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, I'm.
Speaker 4: Just saying, and he's bucking your own players around in your house, and you can't ask McCarty to do anything about it because that's his old team and he's on the way out, so you know. But there needed to be somebody on that team who said, I don't care, you know, if I like you, if I hate you. If you're wearing the same shirt as me, and somebody comes and tries to pee on my carpet, brother, we fighting, and that's it. If somebody comes in and says, I spit in your house, we're fighting. And even if you do it to somebody I don't like, we're still fighting because he's wearing the same shirt as me, and I just I need to see something before we get a technical director, before we get a coach, before we get DPS. A basic fundamental thing I need to see is people on the field in the starting eleven who have a little bit of piss and vinegar in their blood and are willing to fight. Just show me you're willing to fight. I'll eat a red card and a horrible loss if my team is at least show and fight. Right If you're showing fight, I got no problems.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: Cool. We're not a very good team right now. They're scrappy as hell. I'll take scrappy, you know, Like if we got to Jason, I'm sorry, if we got to go Philly and we gotta play knife fight in a phone booth, at least show me you're willing to do it, you know. I think that's half of why Rob was so mad at his press conference. He's like, you know what I mean, come on, man, it's not it's not even where's the fight is? Where's your heart? Where's your heart? Don't don't tell me you do exceptional on a beat test. Don't tell me that you know you you do really well in a in a practice scenario when you have storage a C list attacker coming over here and then like doing doing like the Irish jig and kicking Guzan's water bottle up towards the supporter section, man, you you better clear him out. Where's the heart? I mean, anybody who wants to d m me or anything, or be mad. I make it easy to find me.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: It is my real last name on Twitter. You I'm easy to find to me, show heart And I'm not saying you got to be cheap. Sometimes it's okay, but you better.
Speaker 5: Be petty sometimes sometimes sometimes you gotta be said to.
Speaker 1: M h they said that she is not the heart yet it is not good. Lord, make sure you got to make sure you got some blood bags on the sideline.
Speaker 4: Yes, indeed, indeed, you know when when people were saying fire Carlos, fire, Carlos, fire, Carlos, Carlos had a run of injuries that were damn near unprecedented, and in in this league he had to make really like throw caution to the wind the signings to be remotely competitive. A lot of teams would have said, yep, we're eating last place, right But I don't think Carlos ever recovered from that period, right, like, because the contracts took so long to get out from underneath that and the results were not there that you had to do what you had to do. But in the meantime, some of these players have just decided, yeah, okay, all right, I'm gonna be calm, cool, professional. I'll do my job, you know, I don't know. Man, it seems like we have a bunch of mid level managers. It's like supervisors, uh, you know, checking metrics. I don't know. I need to see some fight and if and just like I have a remote to change the channel at home, if there's a TV show that gets boring, you know, I I there's a there's a way for me to not show up to games. There's a way for me not to watch on TV. There's other things for me to be doing. Uh, you know, And that's that is just that is the nature of sports. It is entertainment. It is diversion. That's what sports are. It's entertainment, you know, unless it's SEC football and then this life.
Speaker 1: But you know, that's that's culture.
Speaker 4: But and and Cal football now apparently.
Speaker 5: No one was prepared for Cal football to be that online.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, we were not pars.
Speaker 5: So it looks like it's two contracts Goose and Quinton Westberg are up at the end of this season.
Speaker 2: There are nine that end dates. But there are options and other decisions.
Speaker 5: And look, if it comes down to it and you are to bring back the slogan from the back to slogan from this first radio station that let me tag along for remote. You're not part of the project, you're proud of the problem.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 5: You can find homes for guys if you have to, because the thing is for me what we saw in the lack of like fight in that. I think at the same time, it is a team is a talented roster. Like when you look at the roster, I see guys who have talent like but I'm struck can play. I am still of the belief. I'm still the belief that if you get a DP left winger and a DP nine and like if you if Saba is your fourth attacking option, I think Saba is an absolute monster in that role.
Speaker 2: He guy not the guy for some yes, yes.
Speaker 1: More of the Joe Johnson kind of guy where.
Speaker 5: If you ask him to be the guy, he's gonna give you those games like the Miami game. But I think he is at his dust or or a Chris Bosh at his best when being the accompanying peace and helping carry LOWD and benefiting from others who are drawing attention where he can drive as you know, the third option with the ball. I think there's talent there on this roster. But yeah, somebody's got to come in throw some dirt in the soup and you gotta find that. You got to find the grid somewhere. And the trick is and we talk about this in college football to keep the laboring the analogies is you know that the great Burholzer thing. There's a difference between winning the games and winning the press conference. Right, could go out there and win the press conference for Chicago. I don't think it's a bad yet for Chicago at all, and I think it can work for them.
Speaker 1: They need to see if they need to see change.
Speaker 5: It's not just about coming out there and winning the press conference. If you're Atlanta, when you get a technical director, whoever your manager might be, I would be tickled to Rossie gets an interview now, just to see what Nick does.
Speaker 4: Hey, you wouldn't have to worry about those boys fighting. I can tell you that.
Speaker 5: Mm hm, No, you would not, because if they didn't, he might square up with them on the field.
Speaker 4: It's like the managers getting a red card for punching his own player.
Speaker 5: Just like another Italian manager that we've talked about in the past.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, give my boy Gatuso in here, get get My, Get My, get my large brother, Gatuso in stave and Duds would have Ford.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I mean, uh something like.
Speaker 4: This, Simons may be good some times.
Speaker 2: May you know, like that, that's what you're hunting for. We already hit the explicit rating, so I had no problem running out at the.
Speaker 1: End of the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just want Look, I am a season ticket holder.
Speaker 1: I want you.
Speaker 4: You cannot put a shirt on that says Atlanta and expect people to show up. Do you have to have fight? I mean, right now, it feels to me like the Falcons with Desmond Ritter. There's some dudes out there, like a pretty talented roster outside of a few areas, but nothing's working, you know. So I you know, I'm just saying, like, it's you gotta give me something, man.
Speaker 5: You can.
Speaker 4: You can give me steak with no sizzle, Okay, you know, if there's sizzle and no steak, maybe a little tougher to deal with. But if you bring nothing but Romayne, let us on my plate and tell me it's a five star meal, I'm gonna start questioning things.
Speaker 2: So mm hmmm, let's say twelve thirty one twenty four. H Okay, so we know what's going on with Atlanta.
Speaker 5: Woes retired to go run Bonaventure's and il oh wow, that's random the last wojebob. Yeah, he's rehiring from media. He's going to go be the general manager for Saint Bonaventure and basically run their NIL program.
Speaker 1: Heya, because I get man, Shames made his ask quick. Well also, I think the shame. I think Shams's contracted that ag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you better sign Shams now, that's what you gotta do. So all right, So with that particular.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, and because because John's putting that there, just so y'all can read, not everyone qualifies for free agent status. Remember free agent status in MLS is dumb, yes, very weird.
Speaker 1: It has very specific qualifications.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, So those are the nine names who have current contracts that end. We are not discussing option years or anything like that. Current contracts that end New Year's Eve day. That's that's what you're looking at. Their New Year's Eve, New Year's Eve midnight. That's when those nine contracts technically end. We do not I'm not talking option years or anything like that, but current contracts that have options that could be exercised. So there's that before we get out of here. Other games and so if there's any other game that you guys want to talk about, broadcast plan six thirty ninety nine in the game in the Odyssey app it is the pregame show, and then it's Mike and Jason seven forty kick, and then it is a full hour of the full time report. After the fact, Atlanta United Inner Miami at Lanty United is swam heavy favorite now to a plus one twenty seven. Inter Miami is a plus one seventy nine. That was a lot closer when we started this morning, it is not now. If there is a particular game you guys want to talk about, just go ahead and yell it out and yell stop and we'll talk about it. We're gonna do cliffhanger to wrap up the show.
Speaker 4: Well, let's let's just stop right there with Atlanta and Miami with that that line swinging so heavily.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: That that's well one. Betting on MLS as my as the right good gentleman Jared Smith has said, is an act of folly to put it in the most genteel way possible. Uh, somebody knows something. Yes, somebody knows. If that line swung like that, somebody knows something.
Speaker 5: Somebody might warm up on the sideline and get a round of applause. That somebody might not see.
Speaker 1: Minute, or it might see very limited minute.
Speaker 4: Yes, somebody knows something. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh VS minus one thirty seven hosting CF Montreal at to plus three thirty six, NYC minus one thirty nine hosting the Union at plus three twenty eight. Toronto FC plus two forty three at home against Crew Crewer A plus one oh two in your draws, A plus two seventy one eight point fifteen on FS one in the free side of Apple TV Purple Team hosting Charlotte Purple Team minus one thirty nine Charlotte a plus three fifty three on the road eight thirty which means eight forty eastern time Houston minus one thirty two favored against the Vancouver at a plus three twenty six loons plus one thirty six. Hosting FC Cincinnati at a plus one eighty nine draws A plus two fifty six. Nashville is a minus one twenty seven. Hosting Chicago at a plus three thirteen draws a plus two ninety six Sporting plus one nineteen hosting Colorado at a plus one ninety five draws, A plus two eighty six RSL minus one forty one hosting f sc SE Dallas at a plus three fifty one drawings came out after the city council meeting in the environs of FC Dallas's Toyota Stadium. They're gonna have the biggest UH soccer specific stadium matrix board six thousand square feet in the new drawings, as the city allowed for a nine figure investment toward renovations at Toyota. Dallas is a plus three fifty one ten forty LAFC hosting Austin at a minus two seventy eight draws A plus four twenty four Austin's north of plus six eighty Portland hosting LAG Dylan likes the over in this one. Portland a plus one twelve Galaxy A plus one ninety eight draws A plus three ozh seven. Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 5: Somehow we have entered a wormhole where the LA Galaxy are like not respected as much as they should be across the board. I don't know, man, It's been too many years since they were a dominant team.
Speaker 1: I get it, but like.
Speaker 5: They were down to Nail to Lac. They parked their bike, took the chain off the bike, and beat LAFC until they quit moving.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so you have lag almost at a plus two hundred on the road going to Portland. Your draws a plus three oh seven. Dylan likes the over Seattle hosting San Jose a to minus two ninety four draws a plus four fifty. San Jose is a plus six ninety two.
Speaker 5: Buddies, Yeah, yeah, Seattle, Seaple's too weird.
Speaker 2: Major League Yes, Major League Soccer has posted the club roster profiles of each of the clubs in Major League Soccer. So if you're looking for required requested reading, maybe this is something that you take a peek at courtesy of our friends at the communications segment at Major League Soccer. And it isn't a document that you can click all the way through and you can check and see what uh this is after the roster freeze of September thirteen, So as of September seventeen, roster free September thirteen, and they go through all of the explanations and you have tam players for Atlanta United a Bram Gregorson. Remember that flipped where you have Bart now as the DP for the remainder of this calendar, this roster year. Only they flip it and it gives them more money to invest next year going into next year by flipping Gregorson's status and Bart's status. Now Stiana is the TAM Bart is your DP. Franco Evara is still listed as a U twenty two. Brooks is a TAM. Sabas a tam AM fifty nine is a DP. Mosquet is a U twenty two. William Boz a tam. Shande's a TAM. Bart's now the DP. Sosa unavailable online on the U twenty two. Jamal is a TAM. You have seven home growns on the supple from the supplemental roster. Luke Noah Matt j efra Aiden Torres, Tyler Wolfe, Eric Centeno is a Generation Adida signing for supplemental roster Spot thirty one, but obviously since he's on loan to the twos, he is not attached to the Atlanta United roster. On the whole International slots, Atlanta has one available international slots are Luis Pedro, Gregorson, Saba Am fifty nine million Boss Shande Bart and Jamal. Your dp's currently Miran Chuk and Bart sleish you two initiatives Franco, Edwin Santi and a fourth is wide open and your unavailables obviously because of being loaned out a Bara and Sosa and Centeno is being loaned out to the twos and so you can catch up with your favorite team. Check your roster profiles. It is available and it is posted at document clickthroughs at mlssoccer dot com. Now, if you would only do the same thing for the salary cap.
Speaker 1: No, we don't do that here.
Speaker 2: I know. I just figured I would yell about it.
Speaker 1: Nick.
Speaker 2: Last thoughts before we get out of here.
Speaker 4: There's this I don't know if you talked about it already. The Five Stripes Unplugged the exclusive program that provides members with unparalleled access to the personal stories and insights to help define at Landing and I of the conversations are led by member submitted questions that dictate the content and these exclusive interviews with the team's front office, players and coaches. Please join us October first, six pm for an exclusive chat. President and CEO Garth Lockerway. I will be submitting I've received this in my inbox because again season ticket holder and founding member. But I'm going to ask him and quite plainly, what are you going to do to make me believe in this team? Again and again? Because I don't currently and I need to know why, as a savvy consumer I should I should continue to put forward money to the team, because I think that is a common question that a lot of people, not all, a lot of people are asking, and I think it is fair to ask, and I will be asking that question on my own behalf, not representative of the SDH network, not representative of anybody else.
Speaker 2: Ticket holder as a season ticket.
Speaker 4: Holder, why I should continue to be a season ticket holder outside of a discount with merch and first DIB access the second DIP access because the you know, the seat owners for the Falcons, I think at first ultra priority, we're like business class boarding on that particular thing. But I'm going to ask why we should continue to believe in the meantime. If the team would like to help answer that question for me, by all means, please do so. By when one of your players gets trucked, show up for your teammate and help fight for them. Basically, I don't have to add I don't have to win by four goals. Just show me something. We're in Missouri mode right now. This is the officially now the show Me city.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. I like that it is and better than all caps. So h So Nick has that Jared last thoughts before we get out of here.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna give it a real quick hit because Unk mentioned you know about the guys possibly kicking cans down the road, So let's look at those real quick. Brad, if you can bring it back for a lower number, sure, I don't know if Brad's done or not. I don't know how Brad feels. We'll get a better idea closer. I think to the end of the season and of the off season. If he wants to just go home and be a family man like he's in three, five or two. JA actually think is done only I think he said he's done unless he went to the LS Cup. He promised saw me he'd come back for one more year if they win the Cup. Jamal and Rios, if you're keeping one of them, I don't know which one. I Jamal would be easier because you wouldn't have to pay a fee uh Rios, though absolutely betting on himself, is going to get to go somewhere and play, and I'm very happy for him because he's pretty chill.
Speaker 1: He's also very cocky.
Speaker 5: But he's I'll performed his contract and he brought him here.
Speaker 1: I think you're keeping a lot of them's easier to keep as a backup striker. Ronald, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I love Ronald to stay, but I'm still wondering.
Speaker 2: Check the piece on the website about Ronald.
Speaker 5: Yea, check the piece on the website about Ronald. He's a fascinating listen, it's.
Speaker 1: A good dude. Then you have.
Speaker 7: Nick.
Speaker 5: I don't know if there's room for Nick, just because of the way he plays it so weird. Tyler, I don't think stays. Ephyra and Jay I would love to stay, but they're out of homegrown range, so now you'd have to use this upplemental spot for them. I would love them both.
Speaker 1: I would be very disappointed, I think more so if James going.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's it, okay, all right, So once again, six thirty ninety two of the Game of the Odyssey app full house, full house, like upper deck and everything available. So if you don't have tickets, you want to go see if you can get tickets and go. It was listed as a sellout.
Speaker 1: Can I give you my final thing? I promise. Can I give you my really weird prediction for the off season, go for it.
Speaker 5: They show out for a bigger left buck and Amador becomes more of a backup utility back. Okay, I like Domador, but yes, with all the money you have and with the changes of the salary structure, right and you're clearing out some salary, that would be my kind of off the wall move is you go get a bigger name and a more explosive left back, and Amador kind of slides into that Ronald role if.
Speaker 2: Ronald leaves, right, So it'll be a full house, full house tonight listed as a sellout. But we'll see about that and looking forward to seeing everybody tonight as we get ready for the Gulf Stream Galacticos and Messi and friends and Tata and homecomings and all that kind of stuff. But six point thirty on the Odyssey at ninety two nine in the game, with your pre game, Mike and Jason went to call seven forty kick and everything else that's going on over there, So I'll keep an eye on all that stuff. But once again, thanks as always to all of you for hanging out with us here on a on a Wednesday, because it's a wall pass and there you go. We'll see from there what's going on with Atlanta United and with Messi and friends. So once again, be there B Square. We'll see you and love all you guys. Thanks to Dylan and thanks to thanks to Tyler for hanging out with us. And don't forget go to Signia and see them, and we'll make sure that you go say hi to them because apparently the menu and the drinking is a pretty top notch. So for all of us here, to all of you there, thanks for dropping by. We'll see you tonight. We'll come back here for reaction Thursday, for life in three games in a week, so we'll see what happens and we'll walk and roll from there. So for everybody here to all of you guys, see you tonight, see you back here in a little less than twenty two Nick, if you would please sir, send.
Speaker 1: Us home until next time.
Speaker 4: Everybody, just remember this is all for entertainment. Love you guys.
Speaker 2: What he said