Speaker 1: Enough. You are about to witness amazing Emo has conding living one's property of all times. Yes, my bow suck on you bow down to your master. Can you did it? Then you did it?
Speaker 2: There you did?
Speaker 3: Allowed to play? Sallowed to play, Come out to play, Come to play.
Speaker 2: The pristal is the prystal.
Speaker 1: The sun is rising.
Speaker 2: God, wake up, wake up now, don't worry. We're all here to show you how.
Speaker 3: Jeno wits Horses, Oscation, k m G Homic Listen.
Speaker 2: It's a sad mussey. Don't turn until us wait and see. Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Are you ready to jo in?
Speaker 2: Time to start to.
Speaker 3: Show Classic I About Presco, Whisping.
Speaker 2: Mass Morn Show, Welcome to the Organ Week. It's all such a gore kick that makes up that does it and make it hardcore. Hey, you're whisby and then mess picked up your phone there line, you're on the air. Are you a.
Speaker 1: Good morning? It's the Big Mad Morning Show BMMS and whatever you'd like to say to eight two nine four five listen online the website that rockscmod dot com. Past shows are available on iTunes search under b MMS. Listen with your cell phone. Get the iHeartRadio app available from the app store of your cell phone provider. More on that at iHeartRadio dot com and we're on Facebook, Facebook dot com, Slash BMMS six y nine. That's where you can hang out with us each and every day. Good morning, Lindsay, good morning, good morning can be good morning. I would like to win ticket to see five Finger Death Punch. They're gonna be over at the Walmart Amphitheater on October twelve. Get you tickets walmartamp dot com. Try to win him at seven thirty Days of Time trivia where we shot each other if we don't know the questions we wrote the answers to and we also got willy nilly your chance to own the show. Talk about anything you want, Bring up something maybe we didn't get to that you thought needed attention, Go back to something you couldn't be a part of. It's your chance to own the show. I don't know another show that turns over the whole show to you, the listener. I don't know if we've ever denied anybody on a willy nilly Ooh, that is a good question. I don't recall ever in all my time of being here. But that doesn't mean anything. Well, it's coming up at nine o'clock. If you want to be a part of that yesterday and ain't nobody, this would have been a one wildcard you would have won, walked away from the game, been a part of BMMS deathpool lore. Yeah, if you would have picked Kyle Busch. Yeah, and this kind of makes me rethink my wild cards as we're doing this, because if you think about it, racing as a dangerous sport anyone, Sure, you take one car into the wall and you're dead. Deal or rocking piece right number three? Uh So, I mean, but the question is is, like, I guess you could just pick any random racer, right, Yeah, it doesn't matter their skill level or whatever. You gotta be celebrity status, right. You can't just pick you know, Bob Smith, because he doesn't he does a local you know, minis or whatever. Yeah, and there's only been uh let's see, I'm looking here the National Series only twenty eight fatalities. Oh wow, in the history of it happened, he says, here, Okay, and that's uh. I agree that that statistics. That's twenty eight more than there should be, right, right, But in the grand scheme of things, that's not a lot. There hasn't been one in twenty five years.
Speaker 4: And this wasn't even an accident.
Speaker 1: Right, It had nothing to do with racing that we know of. Yeah, he wasn't in a race car and died. Right, It's not like during the race for Earn hartright, or Jenny Irwin who was practicing and died, or ANDRETTI. Different type of racing. But yeah, NASCAR says twenty eight. Okay, so I hear you it is dangerous, but put that microphone there. But that doesn't mean I don't know if it means it's a good pick. Right, I guess you're right. But nonetheless, the news about about Kyle busch Man wild Apparently he'd been not feeling well for a couple of weeks, apparently this last week in which he won the truck Series if I remember correctly, and then came in third or fifth in the Cup. But he wasn't feeling one to have on audio going I need the track doctor when I come in, Right, he knew something wasn't. I need a shot is what he alluded to. Now if he was dealing with a sinus thing and he was like, just give me a steroid shot, which a lot of people do. That isn't always the right call because a steroid shot will actually weaken your immune system. If I remember correctly, a steroid shot is for anti inflammatory, so to reduce the inflammation that you're dealing with. So if he had another problem that wasn't sinus infection, allergies, whatever, and he took a steroid shot, he has now weakened his immune system, right, and then it could have been something else in there is what actually took him out, Not so much the running nose. Yeah, well it could have been a running nose, but he might not have had a sinus infection, right because you know a lot of people like to self diagnose.
Speaker 4: He may have had some I don't know, like what are they something around those.
Speaker 1: Lungs, pneumonia? Yeah, I mean adult RSV is a pretty nasty. Normally we associate RSV with babies yea, and infants, but there is RSV and adults that's becoming more and more high risk. I see that for like the elderly, but a forty one year old gang yeah, yes, is it's so young now he could have had another issue. He could have been he could have had sleep at me. There could have been other respiratory issues he could have been dealing with that we're not privy to also cocaine, Like, I mean, we don't know the answer. I you're right, we don't know. I don't think it's those things. But you know what, people don't love this. People die right right right. It's cliche to say, well, when it's your time to go, it's your time to go. You just don't know. But it's the truth. There's a reason why it's cliche. We take someone like Kyle Busch who dies at forty one. We don't know what happened, but let's just say it was a heart attack, and we just go, oh, he died of a heart attack. But when they die at seventy one of a heart attack, we say natural causes.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's a news flash. It's natural to die, right, Every death is natural. The body dies, Yes, that is true. It doesn't help if you speed up the process by doing too much heroin or too much cocaine. That as dying is natural. Dying from a cocaine overdose is not well. But your body naturally can't handle all of it. To your point, it's one of those things that we're going to find out. I think what it is. I can't imagine they're not going to release what happened. I know there were reports earlier in the day because I saw him yesterday morning, that he had been rushed to the hospital with some sort of complication of some degree. I can only imagine. I'm gonna guess he was unconscious. That is why they rushed him to the hospital. I mean that makes sense because like maybe they couldn't he couldn't be woken up. I don't know. Again, I'm completely speculating on this, but when you think about the chain of events and the timeline of the information, it does make sense that maybe they had trouble waking him up. An ambulance was called. Most people, especially gritty people like him, go, I'm fine, I don't need to go. I don't need an ambulance for a f ronny nose or a cough. Just take me to the doctor, R right, take me to the er. But the fact that he had to go to the hospital or rush to the hospital tells me that there's a chance he was probably unconscious. And if he was unconscious, then that means maybe he was already oh, already going yeah, yeah. And if you had a respiratory issue. Obviously a heart attack, but if you had a respiratory issue, that also could have been something that occurred in the middle of the night. Yeah, I hope we figure out what went awry, just because no need to sit in there speculating people making things. Sure it's well, that's the thing too, is we were so young, you go, oh, well, what was it? So I can quote avoid it, right, But everybody's built a little bit different, and so you can have a perfectly healthy person like Kyle Busch and have a heart attack, and then you can have someone you know, Mama June and not right right, right, because everybody's genetically built completely, completely different. Tragic story for the family if you know anything about their life journey and their their advocacy for infertility and their struggles with infertility and all the things that went along with that. But just crazy story to hear happen in the sports world. And he had just said when he won the Truck Series, he was being interviewed and the I wonder if I have the audio, and he made a statement that was profound. Now yeah, I have it, So that was profound that you know, almost like some people would go, well, he he knew, he knew, he knew he was.
Speaker 5: Gonna h Kyle Busch, He's the winningest driver of the decade and now he is joining elite companies.
Speaker 1: Kyle Busch, He's.
Speaker 5: Gonna win his second Monster Energy nast Car Cup Series championship.
Speaker 1: And that's from the cuff. But during the during the truck series, he was interviewed afterwards and he goes and they were like, the interview goes, how does it feel. How does it feel that you've done this so many times? Does it ever get old?
Speaker 4: How do you?
Speaker 1: And he's like, man, no, you never know when the next one's gonna happen, right, or winner will be the last one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right. Some people allude that like he felt something was going on, yeah, or maybe he was just being grateful for his win because you never know, you know, that sort of thing happens as we get older. You start lies in your mortality and you're like, I could die at any point in time. You may be healthy, may not be whatever, but you realize, oh crap, life is short. I wish there was a better like behind the music of NASCAR drivers to understand people just think these are like you and me's just getting behind the wheel of a car. These are highly trained athletes. Maybe back in the day they were just you and mes drinking whiskey and smoking and then town to go right right, But now they're highly trained athletes. They train in the off season. They take special care of their body and their mind. It's one thing to be able to sit for that long and not be able to pee. It's a completely other or whatever other body ailment you're dealing with, right, and then it's completely another where your mind goes during that time, right right right, and to be concentrated and focused for that long, all while doing two hundred miles an hour around with the reaper on your tail. I was gonna say, his wife is pretty cute. She got some really vainy arms that I just think turns her off completely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, she's finned, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, But I mean, I mean, if she was a heroin junkie, she'd have great veins. Or if she needs an IVY, the nurses would love her. Somebody text and said the Bush family came to Tulsa quite often. Kyle's son races midget at the Shootout and Chili Bowl. They also come to Port City Raceway to race. Great people, so sad to hear the news. Yeah, could have been sepsis. Absolutely sepsis. You know what everybody knows what sepsis is, right, yeah, bacteria? Correct? You know what the number one killer in hospitals issis man because usually when you see the symptoms, it's a too leg right. Not everybody's in tune with their body to understand the ups and downs. But just a tragic story for that family. And I was thinking because he was supposed to raise this weekend and they're like, they're going along with the race, and your initial thought is but there's no I can't think for that, Like if it was football, maybe a little bit different. I don't know. I'm sure they'll do something at the race. But the phrase the show must go on is there for a reason they'll dedicate it to. I think it's there for the people that like to make money. But I think it's just different with NASCAR. I think if one of the premier stars of the NFL, which is what Kyle Busch was to NASCAR. I know some of y'all didn't lack him, but he was one of the best drivers of the last twenty years. If the one of those people dies in the NFL on a Friday or on a Wednesday, Thursday. I don't know if they're playing games Friday. Oh yeah, they still be playing.
Speaker 4: I I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's too much money on the line so far as businesses and investors and stuff like that. So yeah, they're still to play the NFL.
Speaker 4: Talk about money makers.
Speaker 1: True, but it becomes that that becomes the storyline. Yeah, at every game, of course. And here's pep talk before you go out on the field. All right, boys, I know it's been tough. It's been really hard around here with the loss of our friend and Blurky Schmirky. But listen, we gotta get our heads in the game. We gotta go out there and show them be tough, be strong, and do it for Blurky Schmirky. All right, all three, go, that's you pep talk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's the moments of silence for yeah. And this game today honors so and so yeah. Yeah, everything is dedicated to that player on both sides, both teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's also a great excuse for the team that loses. Oh man, sorry, it was just so distracted from the death of Blurkey Smirky that we just we just couldn't. We couldn't pull it off. Man. So I don't know if this is legit. I don't know if this is legit, but this is the report that he was found unresponsive in a simulator and apparently before the season started he suffered from a cut on his leg and required twenty four stitches, and this person saying that it was a pulmonary embolism and that a clock got released. Again, it's gonna be pointed out, this is all we're making stuff up, right. They'll let us know, or will they? They don't have to. People commenting on there and going this can completely happen. My son in law died at it thirty three from a pulmonary embolism, fall on a leg injury. This is possible. Yeah, I'm not saying that it isn't until the official words out. Here's another one. He apparently had double pneumonia. So was it a blood clot or double pneumonia or did everything get them all at once?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Well, I again people are speculating. I find it shocking if he had double pneumonia. Shocking because there's no He is a million dollar tool for a major making company and they just let him willy nilly with his health, it's possible. Well, I don't know. Many you're the boss, you know, Kyle's not the boss. Well, you know, when you're winning races, you are. No somebody's all. Everybody's got a boss. That's why players are told they can't play basketball or ride a motorcycle or anything like that during the season, because they're asked they're investments. And if that was I can't just can't imagine they're life. He's like, pneumonia knocks you out, man. I guess I don't know. I've never had it before. Anyway. Sad news. All right, we got to take a break. We'll be back for the Big Morning Show. It's time for news quakies, world news, local news, and news that just makes you say, what the Here's Corby Gibbe and Lindsay with what's going on news? All right, we do news quikies on Fridays. Just the headlines. Go ahead, Lindsay.
Speaker 4: Judge orders a life sentence for man with one hundred sixty six arrests and fifty five convictions.
Speaker 1: Life Is that what you said? Yeah, I don't know, Like, what are the convictions? What are we talking? Right? Is he is it drugs?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it murder? Is it arson? Right? Is it graffiti?
Speaker 4: Graffiti?
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm just saying, like, what are we talking that? It does sound dramatic? It does. I bet you that's just the scare tactic and they'll lower it down. The star of Rome's Sexy Priest calendar isn't a priest and never has been. You don't say I think it's fascinating they do this. Yeah, yeah, people are like, Yeah, let's see a sexy pope. CEO says company problems disappeared after firing the HR team. Yeah, that usually happens.
Speaker 4: No one to complain to. Six foot seven model reportedly makes one hundred dollars per minute on only fans.
Speaker 1: I'm in the wrong business. I don't believe it. I gotta see. I gotta see what they look like, the legs, theah, the model. I gotta see what they look like. Louisiana Baker sets six hundred dollars cake on fire after customer found out her boyfriend cheated on her. It's awesome. The video is really good too. Bill proposed requiring data centers to pay for own power as they should. Yeah, how's this a headline. Yeah, this feels like a DIRP.
Speaker 4: Yeah, woman find one hundred dollars on the spot after her dog didn't do a do.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make any damn sense. Your dog didn't crap, so we're finding you one hundred bucks. I don't understand me on the spot part. That's usually how an infraction works, students accident. Oh, we already read that. I think Lindsay covered that one a while ago. No, that was a fill in the blank news new vape pen lets you earn bitcoin while you smoke weed. Yeah, politician raises eyebrows as he proudly declares himself a gooner. You don't know what a gooner is. You need to search it on your own time, not a company computer.
Speaker 4: Hey. Woman accuses Tesla Safety Function of malfunctioning and killing her dog.
Speaker 1: Eh DSA clarifies rules for carry on snacks like rotisseri chicken. Some people take like rotisseri and shredded for lunch like that's their thing, So I don't think they're mean. You know, grabbing a bag of Costco and carrying that onto the plane with you, maybe you are with it would be hilarious. Yeah, and if we watch to catch a smuggler. A lot of people when they come in bring frozen food back with them from other countries. Right, sorry, sorry, sorry frozen meat. Yeah, yeah, you can't do that. It's it's wild to watch.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Native kids with disabilities were held in wooden boxes. Sweeping reforms are coming. Oh so that hasn't happened yet. Huh right, yeah, we didn't think about protecting those kids and keep those kids in boxes.
Speaker 4: Man takes steroids and drinks twenty four beers for seventy seven days without working out to show impact on his body.
Speaker 1: Man brings a small dog with him to rob a bank diversion. Meet the rabbi behind the world's biggest porn side. What boy, give us your schleckles for a schmuckle Smagma.
Speaker 4: Kansas Dealership can't deliver soul truck do to protected Robin's nest.
Speaker 1: That's something. You can't enjoy your new ride because some bird wanted to come and make a nest and your wheel, Well, how about it's been sitting there long enough for them to make one.
Speaker 4: I mean, does it really take that long?
Speaker 1: Really more than a day?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I think they can do it overnight and to be fair, the.
Speaker 1: Car buying process is a long process, true dad. And how many birds do you see fla at night? Lindsay?
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 1: Police investigating barbecue goods theft and find a fox with a mouthful of hot dogs. She's really pretty, by the way. Not alive but not dead. Disembodied human brains used for drug testing last one Lindsay.
Speaker 4: Man arrested for exposing himself to group that included a North Carolina State University police officer.
Speaker 1: What you look like? California. Man encounters mountain lion after noticing poop on his roof. That's a fantastic kidline. How mean, what is that over here? I mean, if I it would have to be pretty prominent for me to notice it on my roof. I don't know the average size of a mountain lion's dump, but I imagine it's bigger than your narrow normal housecats turns even a house cat. I just I guess I don't look at my roof enough.
Speaker 4: Maybe why would you look at your roof?
Speaker 1: I mean maybe after a hailstorm, yeah, Or maybe.
Speaker 4: He walked outside and he smelled something in the air and he looked up and saw.
Speaker 1: It right when we had a squirrel problem and they were eating our Christmas lights. I bought mothballs and tossed them up into the gutters to divert because it's like a natural way to get them to stay away. It didn't work, so I had to buy poison and kill them and their families. Anyway, when you would walk outside, you would, I mean the moths. The mothballs were very prominent, So maybe that's what happened with the poop. How do you get their little legs apart mothballs? Well, it's the big one we talked about yesterday, right right, PBR hasn't actually won a Blue ribbon since eighteen ninety three. Dangn' just holding on to that trophy. Yeah, mister eighth grade bowling. Yeah yeah, that's more recent, is it. That's always like when you see businesses go the best Pizza in nineteen eighty five, and you're like, so right, all right, we got to take a break. We'll be back.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Corbin. Today's the last day to rock the bank, so make sure you are listening. Thirteen chances throughout your day to win one thousand dollars. Your first chance at eight o'clock this morning, when you hear that keyword, enter it online at kmod dot com. One thousand dollars could be yours. Buy some gus, buy some groceries, buy some concert tickets. Do what you please with one thousand dollars your first chance at eight o'clock, good luck.
Speaker 1: Good morning, can be well, good morning, CORBN. There used to be a time where we would be celebrating Rockklahoma this weekend, but it's been moved to Labor Day weekend prior USA godsmagcopa road slay or ICP and a buttload mortgage full lineup in your link for tickets at the website slahoma kmodi dot com. Apparently there is a digital avatar version of Ozzie in development, but why the project captures the digital DNA of Ozzy, his voice, his image, and his movement according to his get every drop out of this lemon as possible, Jack Osborne. That's what the avatar says, and then stumbles around his shovel and then pisses itself. It says it's a he says it's scary. How it's really very accurate. He will exist digitally as himself for as long as we have computers I'm not a big fan of this type of stuff, and not for the reason you might think I'm not a fan of it, because the cycle of life. If he's around forever, then what well, maybe maybe that's what I mean. Remember the other day we were talking about rich people changing, you know, the scheme of things, and so you can be immortal and live forever. Some just paraphrasing some of it all up. Maybe that's what they mean. Maybe that's what they mean, is is making digital avatars of you know, your heroes, yourself, capturing your essence. Yeah, but that's the cycle of life and grief is you've got to miss them. Yeah, I agree, Hunter, And I don't think that this helps with that. Yeah, you know as well as I do that. Like you, when somebody special dies, you know, somebody specially you, dies, you wish they were still there. You want them to still be there. You would do anything for them to still be there, to hold on because you don't want to let go, right, And these guys have the means to make it happen. There's a trying to remember there's a TV show or maybe it's a movie, and in it, the daughter still talks to her dad. I think, but he's dead and the mom doesn't know, and she finds out at one point, like she talks to the dead dad. I cannot remember the name of this. She talks to the dead dad when she has problems and things like that whatever, But it's not really your dad. It's in computer type of thing emulating and the mom gets mad, like, what are you doing? That's not dad. It's not your dad anyway, that's what this. It feels like they're trying to keep him alive. Yeah, and I understand his legacy and all that. It exists absolutely, there's music and videos and all that. Sharon Osbourne said that you can ask Ozzie anything and he'll answer you in his own voice, and the answers will be what Ozzie would have said. We're gonna take it all around the world and charge you nineteen ninety nine. So it was gonna be like the uh, the fortune teller thing from Big like You Are Rock On sounds about right every third one. It's the same. You are awesome rock God. But that got me thinking about other like hologram things and the success were they successful. I think everybody remembers Tupocket Coachella. That's been fourteen years. Yeah, since that happened, But I have they done it since then? You would think if it was successful, they would continue. Hey, Tupac's back or Biggie's back on at Coachella. Tupac was here last year. Now Notorious Big Apparently they tried to do it with Whitney Houston. They got a tour in a Vegas regular residency, but people were not excited. Ah, you don't say. And it had weak, weak ticket sales. They did a roy Orbitson and and his tour sold thirty eight thousand tickets across fifteen European dates. Rolling Stone magazine described it as a financial success, averaging about eighteen hundred seats per show. You said thirty eight thousand. Yes, it's thirty eight thousand suckers out there, huh. I think it's different with something like that. The people that listen to him, and then you're much older and you want to go see him again, and you get to see him again, but you're not seeing him, agreed. You might as well just be watching a music video. Well, it's just like going to see Paul McCartney. Now you're not seeing the Beatles. Now, you might hear Wan to hear a couple wing songs. But that's it. You want to hear you you're reminiscing in the memory of the Beatles. Yeah, guess does he do Beatles songs? Yeah? Oh yeah. I've never seen him in nor will I ever see him. Then there's a Buddy Holly Roy Orbison combo tour. It got bookings and it was considered a big success. What is that the Big Glasses tour? I guess. But the most successful one is one called Abba Voyage. It has huge attendance, it's got a London residency, it's made millions, and it drew about three point five million visitors between late twenty twenty five and early twenty twenty six. Wow. And that is because half of them didn't want to do it anymore, right, They didn't want to be a part of abb anymore. They want that jack, right, And then a couple of them wanted to still do it, and so this was the compromise. I guess, I just put us on a hologram and give us the money, right. And then there's somebody called Hatsoon Meek you. Oh yeah, I remember that guy. He's it's not as somebody who's dead it's literally just a virtual performer. And he said successful concert for years and world tours, never heard of it. Kisses talked about doing one. Elvis has had projects multiple times over and over, but not the success that Abba has. Ab didn't they do an Elvis and Selene Dion duet made feel different but like a one off? Yeah it was. It was like the real life Selene Deon and she was dueting with a holographic Elvis, if I remember correctly. D O apparently did this Frank Zappa. It wasn't like a thing. It wasn't big enough. And they did an Amy Winehouse one, but it didn't do well. I wonder if they used the good Amy Winehouse or the cracked out Amy Winehouse. An't do the same. Right, whiskey is of bourbon bourbons, I mean right, I'm not sure what you mean by the non cracked out one. If I'm being you know, have complete disclosure. Are we actually talking about the stage that Britney Spears is in, right, because she looks like Amy Whitehouse Amy Winehouse with all of her teeth. Reilly difference is the amount of teeth, Yeah, I don't have I wonder if it's just because of the way we were all brought up, right, we weren't. Well, screens really weren't something we were exposed to as much as and the technology part is they are now. I remember when the Arcade Wizards did got a hologram video game and it was Your's just Gotten the Way too? Huh does that?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: And it was not very good, but you you loved playing and each scene was like maybe ten seconds. We had to like hit somebody with the bow and arrow. I don't know. Yeah, and you dressed up you could be a cowboy and there was some talking that would happen. But it's not like animation. I'm a hologram, like like hurry Obi wan Kenobi, You're my only hope, right, you know that reference from Star Wars. But the it was like looked like a TV screen. And then there was Dragon's Layer if you remember that when that was a video game, but it was a TV it was like a movie or a TV show, so it was just a TV screen where there was the It was really solid animation. Yeah, but I don't I don't know. Maybe we just weren't exposed to holograms. We weren't. It was so fresh and new at the time, the closest thing we had was the Star Wars. That's you know, ever seen, So of course that stuff starts coming out and as as technology advances, it gets better and better. If you just think about video games in general, from from the days of Atari, you know, HNG right to where we're at now. If you're looking at like GTA six, you know that's that's going to be coming out here in November or whatever. And in the graphics behind that, how realistic they look. So, I don't know, it's it's a shift in technology and it's it's I don't know, it's kind of scary if you if you think about it, just the way that technology and computers are taking over the world with AI and stuff like this, and you don't have to go anywhere. You can sit in your your house and watch a concert. You can project a hologram right there in your living room. How far away are we from that from downloading an Elvis Presley hologram that you can project onto your living room floor and have an Elvis concert right there. They kind of already do it with VR, you know, they have they have virtual reality concerts. Yeah, and that's just a TV screen close to your eyes. Yeah, true, but still, I mean it's not a hologram. It feels like completely to your point, is what I'm saying. And it's right there in your living room and you feel like you're at you know, the pay Coops Center, at the Bok Center or whatever. But you got this heavy headset on your face. Yeah, right, trying not to run into walls. Uh. This is a really good text too. How much longer do you think Elvis is going to stay relevant? Is there a clock ticking on a career as an Elvis impersonator. It's a really interesting question. I don't know people aged fifty. I'll go ahead and say sixty and younger that care sixty and younger. Um, you may be right, and those people, especially from we'll just say thirty and younger, okay, may hold on to it because of their parents. I don't think thirty. No, I don't even think thirty, because thirty means they're like two thousand. Right, you're dot in the seventies, like I was born in seventy five, he died and what seventy seven to seventy eight? And I don't care, right, It's not not that Elvis wasn't important in the music spectrum and all that, But I don't go, man, I sure would like to hear some Elvis. I think it's it's different strokes for different folks sort of thing. Because I know a gal who is my age and is and always has been and always will be a huge Elvis fan. Sure, not only for sure. Yeah, yeah, it's they're they're out there, believe.
Speaker 4: It or not.
Speaker 1: But enough to support an Elvis personator show. Yeah yeah, alls you need. I mean, if you take one person in every city in every state, that's enough to add up see.
Speaker 4: And I think a true Elvis fan would not. I don't think they would be a huge fan of an impersonator.
Speaker 1: If they were good right those memories, Yeah, they absolutely would. My mom's a massive Elvis fan, and she absolutely I think for the right one would go. Or if I got her tickets to go see like an Elvis impersonation thing, not like it you know, at the mall, but like a legit p I think she would be what well, maybe you know, like I was saying about having a hologram at holographic Elvis projected onto your living room floor, You're like, Mom, I can bring Elvis to your house. What would you think about that? And then here, let's take this to another level. He's dead. You can go and you can take these holograms and you can project them into your living room and you can have a con and then you can program it to personalize it to that person. Right. Let's just take Corbyn's mom for example, and it's her birthday. It's like, Mom, I got Elvis to do a concert live in your in your living room. How that he's dead. Well, it's a hologram. And then you can program it to have Elvis because of AI and they could take that, you know, that voice and his cadence and all that, and then sing happy birthday to Corbyn's mom and her living room. Yeah, so listen to this. I think we're wrong about the Elvis thing. According to this, uh, Elvis still gets twenty three million monthly Spotify listeners. Yeah. I can see it. I can see it. There's fans out there. Man. Now does it the twenty three million for someone who died seven nineteen seventy seven? Yeah? Do those statistics list the ages of those now those users? No? Because that's maybe where it's at. Those Spotify users are in their seventies you know, though, the ones that grew up with Elvis, and I don't. I'm not gonna lie. There's times that I like to listen to golden oldies, you know, and I'll put it on while I'm making dinner or cleaning house or playing disc golf for whatever mood that I am in, just because I like that old type music. Sure, but we're talking specific right, We're talking like I love Motown, right, But I don't know if I'm dedicated to like, oh man, I'd love to go see a Supremes right cover band, give me the four Tops any day. So here's the comparison of other for streaming, right, David Bowie twenty million Spotify monthly listeners. There's a lot of David Boi fans after you get but you I think if we if we were have started this conversation earlier, you would have been like, yeah, nobody cares about David Bowie, right. I. Prince is at twenty two, okay, Elvis twenty three, Bob Marley and the Whaler's twenty eight, Whitney Houston twenty nine, okay, the Beatles thirty five, Queen fifty four, and Michael Jackson one hundred and five so million monthly. There's a saying after that. I've heard say this, Legends never die, right yeah, And that's point and case right there, when the listener was like, how much longer do you think Elvis is going to stay relevant? Legends never die. Legends like Elvis, Bob Marley, Michael Jackson, Whitney, Little Houston. They're so good and they were so big at their time, and they're so beloved, they'll never die. Well like the Beatles, let's use that thirty five million. I can't imagine there's thirty five million people over the age of seventy checking the stream you know what I mean? No, but there are which means it's translating to youngers say yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Here's some other examples. The Beach Boys. They have some streaming but not massive numbers, and I would argue they're just as much of a like Beatles and Beach Boys. You can put on the same conversation. Okay, okay, Johnny Cash another great example Legends never die, not great streaming numbers. Chuck Berry, little Richard Garth doesn't count because he doesn't believe in the streaming thing. He does just not just not not that platform, bing Crosby, Hank Williams. So there's some legenons that don't translate to the streaming numbers. Okay, that's fair, but I mean difference in age ages, right, the people that are out there streaming more like to us Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, et cetera. Those are legends. But maybe for the you know, I don't know, I don't know. It's an interesting conversation because Michael and Jackson and Queen are more recent, right, Beatles, Whitney Houston, Whitney Houston, Bob Marley, those are recent. Prince is recent, Okay, yeah, yeah, fifty four. Don't care about Elvis? Yeah, it's interesting when you think about the word don't care, Like, do I care if I ever hear a Novie other Elvis song? Personally, I could go. I haven't listened to an Elvis song in a long time. But I've never been a huge, huge fan either. I respect his music. I don't do him like I do the Beatles, you know, but I'm like, okay, yeah, yeah, he's all right, but I'm not a huge, huge man. I don't go out of my way the way I quantify that is what I illegally download his music and for me, let's get the answer is no, right, And that's to my point, like, do do the new versions of listening listeners? Well they go to hologram shows, right maybe. So imagine being a band that's prominent and you can play many many shows as holograms and charge. Maybe that's the angle if I'm an artist and I'm like, why don't I just do a hologram show, I'll charge ten bucks and rather you know, get a fast nickel than a slow dime. Take this angle as well. Look at the rise of AI music. There's a lot of AI music out there that's really good, and some of it is topping the charts, right, yeah, but you don't have a body to go with the AI voice. So what do you do? You create a hal of traffic image somebody made up and now you've got a body to go with the voice for the music that's all made up that you seem to laugh, Well, that's that Hatsuni Mek Like, that's not a real person, that's a character. A oh what are they looks like one of those Japanese and yeah, that's what it looks like, the big buggy eyes. Yeah, but does tour dates. Huh right, London, Spain? Like it isn't like nobody's going right. And I'm trying to look at the ticket price because I want to see how much people pay to go see something like this. H one hundred and ninety four dollars each? What damn? But gorillas were that right? Gorillas? There wasn't There was no they didn't. They were a real band. There were real people, but they weren't those characters, right, the ones that you've seen in the So they would play behind a curtain with a film striftah, essentially right. Well, that's what separated them from everybody else at the time, because nobody else was doing that. I think there's something there. Name your favorite band right now, the band that let's just well, let's do this. Name a super popular band that people would love to see but can't afford the ticket price. Taylor Swift. Would people pay a ten dollars ticket to see a virtual Taylor Swift show? I think the answer is yes.
Speaker 4: I think they would pay even more than that. I think they would pay twenty five dollars a ticket or fifty dollars a ticket.
Speaker 1: Right, Swifties, or you could do it even better. What if it's the same night as the show, but not in the stadium she's playing, but it's at the local arena and it's the show, right, but it's a hologram. Yeah, people will do it for sure, I think so. Yeah, because it's cheaper and it's but it's you. You're seeing it real, but it's not. Yep, all right, we got to take a break. Tickets to five Finger Death Punch, the real five Finger Death Punch, not a hologram. We'll do those coming up here in the morning, Lindsay.
Speaker 4: Good morning Corbin. Hey, are you following our Instagram page? If not, do so at ninety seven to five KMOD because we've got tickets for you to win to see Smashing Pumpkins when they play the pay Com Center in Oklahoma City on Saturday, October twenty fourth. You can get those tickets. Just check out the pinned post to enter.
Speaker 1: Good morning Gimby, Well, good morning Corbin. The Drillers are kicking off next week's games a little early. They're actually going to people playing on Monday, a little Memorial Day game, not a day game, but Memorial Day the regardless, it's fireworks. Get your tickets at Tulsa Drillers dot Com. All Right, days of time, Triviua. This is where we shock each other if you don't know the answers to the questions that you probably wrote. I went last last week. So I'll decide who goes first, and Lindsay is going to be the one that goes first. I'll do the shocking, and Kimpie's going to read the questions. She's got three questions coming at her first one. Here, Lindsey goes as such, what is the profession of Zach's dad, Derek Morris on the show Saved by the Bell. Oh, he had a dad that was on the show. He only made an appearance once as well with his mom. It was only like once or twice.
Speaker 4: I don't think his mom was ever on the show.
Speaker 1: She was on the show. She was a blonde, she was tall. Let's focus on the answer.
Speaker 4: Was he a judge or a lawyer?
Speaker 1: I know he was in law because.
Speaker 4: Because I feel like he had to be because he was because Zach was always in trouble. I think think he was a lawyer.
Speaker 1: Finally answered, well, it's a profession of Zach's dad, Derreck Morris on the show Saved by the Bell. You said lawyer. It's a lawyer. I have a feeling that was your question.
Speaker 4: I think it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, yeah, because I I didn't even know his dad was ever on the show. Guy, I don't do save by the Bell questions, so you knew the answer of the episode. He've been on them. I've watched it. Listen. I got a whole channel dedicated nothing but say by the Bell, bro. Yeah, and I don't. We'll stand over there then, like you're too good for Saved by the Bell, You've got a channel completely dedicated to it. I'm not saying I'm too good for it. I'm just not making up questions for it.
Speaker 4: Regards only nights with Kelly Kowski.
Speaker 1: There's been many a lonely nights. The things that her and zena warrior princess do in my mind, Oh my goodness, Hey, why do you join us? And then you know, instead of being back three decades, what would that be now? A house of dragons? And uh, we'll go with a yellowstone. Yeah, Beth from the Hellestonia. All right, moving forward? What television family lives at thirteen thirteen Mockingbird Lane.
Speaker 4: Oh, thirteen thirteen Mockingbird Lane, it's not the Brady Bunch, but it is one of those shows that are on to be Probably is it the Monsters or the Adams Family. I'm going with I'm going with the Monsters.
Speaker 1: What television family lives at thirteen thirteen Mockingbird Lane. You said the Monsters? It's the Monsters. Yeah. Maybe I think she loaded this thing up while I wasn't looking.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: Not an accusation, that's horrible. Huh. All right, Let's see what this one has in store, Lindsey. Last one, which car? Which car park reduces the bumps felt while driving your car? Which car part reduces the bumps felt while driving your car? That's fun? Yeah, set it through her teeth. Yeah, this is a great question. This is not hers. I can tell this, Lindsey. What car part reduces the bumps felt while driving your car?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Shocks is my only guess your shock absorbers. I don't know. Shocks is the only thing I can think of, because when I ride.
Speaker 1: On a school bus, the wheels go round and round.
Speaker 4: I feel every single bump, and I feel like shocks are supposed to absorb those bumps, And I remember asking, do do school buses not have shock absorbers because I feel every bump, so I'm gonna say shocks.
Speaker 1: Final answer, which car part reduces the bumps felt while driving your car? You said shocks. The answer is shock absorbers. She gets that close enough, because you did say absorbers in there somewhere. Yeah, all right, So Lindsey's gonna draw the next person that's gonna go, and then they'll get three questions going again. Yeah, yeah, gim hoor ry. All right, so I'll ask the questions and then Lindsey will do the shocking, and bring'll go. Dick, thank you, and all right, here we go. Question one, what is the square root of seven and forty eight? Your mom? Final answer? Oh my god? What the hell? Kind of stupid ask? Question?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: The square root is how many times the number can go into itself? And the number was seven nty eight? What is the square root of seven thousand, three hundred and forty eight? Yeah, your mom? Final answer? What is the square root of three thousand? I'm sorry? What is the square root of seven thousand, three hundred and forty eight? You said, your mom? The correct answer is your mom? Nice? Two? Okay, whose is this? Oh bitch? Whose is this? Mine? These are supposed to. Why do you think a good question to put in there? Yeah, common knowledge questions, Lindsey. Two, why do you think that this is a common answer question? I'm asking your as it's hold on. We all can't talk over each other. I'm just trying to understand your thought process.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, because it is a you say you don't have a question. No, I don't have one. I don't have one.
Speaker 1: All right, question two? Anyhow? Carry on? Which leader said the only thing we have to fear is fear itself? Ooh, that would be living color. No, I didn't say ronal answer. I believe that was FDR. Or Franklin Deleanor Roosevelt final answer? Just because I'm not sure what's on the paper? Which leader said? Did you say final answer? Yes? Which leader said the only thing we have to fear is fear itself? You said, Franklin D. Roosevelt, our FDR. The answer is Franklin D. Roosevelt. Yeah, and the last one here for gimpy. What color is the center line in volleyball? What color is the center line in volleyball? Oh? Jesus, center line in volleyball. So now I've got to go all the way back when I was in seventh grade the first time, and we play volleyball during pe I don't know. There's a black that's shouting out at me. There's a red that's shouting out at me. Blues in there somewhere. I'm trying to picture of the times that I've watched call collegiate volleyball on TV, and all as I can see is fat asses and little shorts. Red. Final answer. The question is what color is the center line in volleyball? You said red? Final answer? The correct answer is white. Damn it. And so he's gotta damn it. Them get shocked and we're gonna take a break. When we come back, it'll be my turn for the third part of Taser Time Trivia. Taser Time Trivia. This is where we shock each other. You got to know the answer to the question though, and better bring your a game. Here we go. Question one. It's my turn. I'm the last one to go.
Speaker 4: Question one, Corbyn. What popular candy bar was first sold as the Round Trees Chocolate Crisp before getting its current.
Speaker 1: Name Round Trees Chocolate Crisp. What candy bar was called the Round Tree Chocolate Crisp one hundred grand.
Speaker 4: Final answer, what popular candy bar was first sold as the Round Trees Chocolate Crisp before getting its current name. Use that one hundred grand and the correct answer is kit Cat bar.
Speaker 1: Huh. Yeah, it is a crisp, isn't it? I was thinking, like you know the rice?
Speaker 4: Yes and one hundred grand, man, those are good caramel. Question to you, which beer brand uses the slogan the King of Beers?
Speaker 1: Woof man? I hope I can remember the sam Adams. No, what are their IPA names? Do I know? Budweiser? Final answer?
Speaker 4: Which beer brand uses the slogan the King of Beers? You said Budweiser and the correct answer is Budweiser.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a softball man, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Final question? How many NBA championships did Michael Jordan win with the Chicago Bulls.
Speaker 1: This is where I'm gonna fumble, I think, because I don't know them all. I think it's eight. Where's it seven? I'll go eight? Final answer?
Speaker 4: How many NBA championships did Michael Jordan win with the Chicago Bulls. You said eight, and the correct answer ills six. Six.
Speaker 1: I got part of the number picture right and has an oval at the bottom. Yeah. And we just talked about that the other day too. I could not remember what it was. I couldn't say, I know three, that's it. I think my favorite part of that question is we had to say with the Bulls because what he won one with the Wizards, Well, I think that's the biggest negative on his career, and not winning where Lebron did. I'm not trying to make a debate between the two. I'm just saying, even though Lebron didn't win as many, he did go to other teams and win where Jordan couldn't do that. But there's always been an argument about Jordan is that it was the players around him is who made him great, specifically Pip Right, and then he goes and doesn't have any of those players. I wonder why he went over there anyway.
Speaker 4: Well he retired, Well yeah, I know that, and then he said if I come back, I'll dominate.
Speaker 1: And then then they failed miserably. I don't think you can say that. I can't say that he failed miserably. No, not in the NBA, even though he didn't that didn't do he didn't do well, but he won six championships. Yeah, yeah, there's no failing after that, you're right, but he failed with his second team. And that's what I meant by that he failed miserably with the Wizards. I don't think you can say failed miserably. I think you can just say he wasn't successful at it. I don't think you win. You don't get to say Michael Jordan failed when you have six championships. Yeah, you're right. He was great at that time and then he quit and then came back and then he failed.
Speaker 4: He just couldn't give it up. He just wasn't ready for retirement like he thought.
Speaker 1: He was, Like Aaron Rodgers, go ahead, please, all right, it was my last year coming up. Willing only anything you want to talk about, bring up something new, go back to something. It's your chance to own the show. We'll do that coming up. Good Morning Lindsay, Good Morning Corbyn.
Speaker 4: Happy thirty fifth birthday to porn stars Sophia Fiore. She has worn out mattresses in All Day, Orgy, Bang, My Stepmom ten and Second Helping of Aias. She was nominated for Best Group Sex Scene for her work.
Speaker 1: In holly Wood. Good Morning, Gimpie. She looks like she'll rip that thing off. Good Morning Corbyn. So you just got another keyboard to rock the bank. Chance to get one thousand dollars. Man, if you missed it, that's okay, keep on listening throughout the day, get another chance, and then take that word plugging in and get yourself some money. Good luck, all right. At this time we do this little thing called will and Illy talk about anything. You want, bring up something new, go back to something. It's your chance to own the show. And I was gonna bring up two things. One, we have had tornadoes in May zero not at all, huh so far in twenty twenty six zero. That's in Oklahoma, Okay, the only time last time that happened May of two thousand and five. Wow. Okay, how about that? Though last year we had twenty one total for the state. Wow. Year before that in twenty twenty four, fifty four. Wow, that's a lot of ntors. And then it was all less than that back till twenty nineteen, when in twenty nineteen, you want to guess how many tornadoes the state of Oklahoma, Homa hadn't sorry, that was May. I'm sorry. Those were all May numbers. Those were all May numbers. Fifty four in the month of May. Correct in twenty twenty four. Last year we had twenty one in the month of May. What do you think in twenty nineteen we had in the month of May.
Speaker 4: Seventy.
Speaker 1: Okay, gim me ten one and five. Damn one hundred and five. That makes our average twenty four is what we normally have. How about that? Huh?
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: He's like a lot that don't seem like a lot, not compared to one hundred and five. It ain't nothing that is a lot? Wow? Uh?
Speaker 4: Is May typically the busiest month?
Speaker 1: I would I would say May's probably the biggest busiest month. I would think. I can't speak for sure, but I would I would think so willing nearly anything you want to talk about, Bring up something new, go back to something. Remember the TV show Who's the Boss? Yeah, yeah, Do you remember the little boy Ben?
Speaker 4: I think that was his name on the show.
Speaker 1: Like Danny something another Danny Pataro is his acting is his real name? Willy? Okay? Sure what you're saying? All right?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: He makes more delivering packages for Amazon that he does in residuals from Who's the Boss?
Speaker 4: Oh? Wow? Is that because of streaming services?
Speaker 1: I mean kind of, not because of when they made their contracts. There was no contract for Hey, if whatever future technology, you get a cut of that as well.
Speaker 4: Because I think Jody Sweeten, the one that played Stephanie Tanner the crack addict. Yeah, she said sometimes she gets like a penny in the mail, like a check for a penny because of residuals, because of streaming services.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I think about all that? Shut up. You got paid a big check to do it, but because you didn't said your money well, and you're trying to rely on residuals.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 1: What is Jody Sweeten's network? Okay, in twenty twenty six, what do you guys think?
Speaker 4: I'll say thirty million? Because they came back and did a fuller house, right, so yeah, I'll say about thirty million.
Speaker 1: Let's say you Corbyn, I'm gonna say one million them we've been closest two million dollars. Yeah, yeah, I don't know how much you think they got paid for the reboot?
Speaker 4: Not enough?
Speaker 1: I mean one million. She wasn't doing great. Yeah, says here that despite her historical success on television, she stated that she lives a very normal life, rents her home and no longer relies on residual checks from the original Full House series, noting that she recently received a royalty check for just one penny, like Lindsay was just so see nah, see, that's this type of behavior that drives me crazy. She was getting good residual checks. But now it's opinion she didn't do well with her money. So now it's the residual checks problem. Right, she got good money. It's not like she got screwed. No, no, I said, I just read somewhere she got says like twenty four thousand dollars an episode for a fringe character. Yeah. Yeah, she wasn't even in the main Uh have you seen Send Help? What do you think? Holy cow? Have you guys watched it yet?
Speaker 4: I've seen it.
Speaker 1: So for those who know, this is the Rachel McAdams movie, and I'm gonna I have not seen it, but my understanding is it about they're on a work plane or a work trip and the plane goes down and it's a little reversal role. She doesn't like the boss. He's kind of a scumbag, Yeah, schmuck, and a little role reversal and she becomes the the HBI s Yes, in a nutshell, that's about right. I thought that because the trailer portrayed that, like she becomes a badass and she ends up killing like everybody that you know die, you know, crashed on the plane. They're all gassholes to her and blah blah blah, which was not the case. More misery, right. Yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 4: I wasn't expecting it to be kind of humorous too.
Speaker 1: All over the top in some places. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was pretty hilarious and crazy.
Speaker 1: And their fight, their fight between the two of them where he starts gouging her eyeballs out and it's just a man, it was a lie. I laughed more than anything through the movie. But it's it's worth a watch. I thought it was going to flip into some weird rom com sort of thing, and no, no, no, she ends up killing him and in the end he just shows her playing golf as the loan survivor. Yeah, Billly, nearly anything you want to talk about, bring up something new, go back to something. Uh, what's the most suspicious looking food that actually tastes amazing? What's the most suspicious looking food that actually tastes amazing? Suspicious looking like it's hiding behind some broccoliars like sea urchin. Oh god, it looks suspicious. I'm not saying that's I'm not not mine. I would never say that. I would never say that. I'm just giving an example. I'm guessing.
Speaker 4: I don't know, probably sushi. My first time with sushi, I was very skeptical and I love it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, GIMPI. I mean that's a good one to go with. Crabs are awfully suspicious looking with their big, big, big claws. Ah, yeah, we'll go with that. I'm gonna go with menudo, okay, because you're like, eh, but if you have that good manudo, Yeah, it's a game changer. What's something you all missed that doesn't even exist anymore? Hmm that's easy.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, how easy?
Speaker 1: Well I already got my answer. That's how easy. They Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe now they exist. Do you think landline phones exist still? I don't even know why I would miss it, maybe just because of the nostalgia of it. But I could easily have one.
Speaker 1: I don't know, gimpi. Oh, let's just start off with life without social media, right, or how they get angled? Maybe? How about maybe like life when nobody was so sensitive? Yeah, you know, what I mean, Uh, stuff like that. How about my dad?
Speaker 4: That's a great answer.
Speaker 1: Drop the dead parent. I don't know, it's no landline. Have you all watched the new movie Mando or gro Goo?
Speaker 4: Never heard of it yet?
Speaker 1: What do you think that's the Star Wars thing? Lindsay with the Mandalorian and Grogoopy and a little baby baby Yoda. When I google mand it's about deodorant, which is a terrible brand. I tried it because they're like, oh look, it's terrible. It doesn't last and it smells like but not what you want? Yeah, give you Have you watched it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I probably won't either. I never really got in to the Mandalorian. I've watched a few episodes here and there, and I was like, okay, it's it's all right. But I'm not a big enough Star Wars nerd to get into it. It's just not my bag. Man. Yeah, I don't think I have a reason to watch it. It's gonna be pointed out. I'm not a big enough fan to be like, oh boy, I can't wait right Like when House Dragons. I think it's like season three or whatever it is coming out in June. I'm excited for that I don't really care about the Mandalorian. Will I know anything you want to talk about? Bring up something new, go back to something that's your chance to own the show. This is a great one. The Netflix documentary about Taylor Parker, the girl who cut the baby out of the mom happened in the town I live in. Do you have I'm the only person I think has seen this will be Lindsay have you seen this?
Speaker 4: I haven't, but I know the story.
Speaker 1: It expl explores a twenty twenty Texas case where Parker murdered twenty one year old Reagan Simmons Hancock to steal her unborn baby. Parker fabricated a pregnancy for nearly ten months to prevent her boyfriend from leaving her, even going as far as hosting a ginger reveal party and wearing fake baby belly, and then October ninth of twenty twenty, she attacked Simmons Hancock in her New Boston home, used a scalpel to remove the fetus, and was later caught by a state trooper while claiming she had just given births on the side of the road. Yeah crazy, that documentary. That documentary is called Maternal Instinct. Damn it, they.
Speaker 4: Said it's on Netflix. Yes, I just watched the documentary The Crash on Netflix.
Speaker 1: What's that about?
Speaker 4: That one is about this girl named Mackenzie who was with driving a car with her boyfriend and friend in the back seat, and she drove the car into a wall and killed her boyfriend and friend that was in the back seat. And she was a high school student at the time, and they found her guilty of murder. She was driving one hundred miles per hour and within forced seconds the car was driving one hundred miles per hour and there was no breaking whatsoever. And at one point the gearshift went into neutral and then back into drive, so someone in the car tried to save them, but it wasn't her. She claims that she doesn't remember what had happened.
Speaker 1: There was no.
Speaker 4: Alcohol found in her system. They did find mushrooms and weed in the car, but not in her system. It's a crazy documentary and now she's she was given a fifteen to life sentence.
Speaker 1: What's the name event the crash? We don't know anything. You want to talk about, bring up something new, go back to something. I want to know more about the royalist girlfriend that wanted to marry the Tulsa guy from last week. We all yeah, pins and needles over here. My man Jeff said he will have an update for us, so hopefully that will happen. Keep sitting on the edge of your seat this question. Technically, what we're doing here is what they teach us to at iHeart School, and we're trying to keep you riveted and engaged until we give the answer. This question is for gimpy. Why do you like Harley's for that Harley's for that type of motorcycle more than crotch rockets. It feels like an easy answer. It is very easy one. Let's go with comforts, especially long rides. I love going on long rides and I don't want to go ride from here to Florida hunched over, so there's that. Also, I don't need to do one hundred and twenty five miles an hour, Okay, so there's comfort. There's that. I just find them to be better, more comfortable bikes and my stereo and cruise control and all that stuff that goes with it. Yeah, man, better deal for me.
Speaker 4: Was there ever a time where you were.
Speaker 1: Not riding but interest dude? So I'm going to read this just because it's funny. Willie Nelly, have you guys heard of this new film coming out called back Rooms. It's based on a creepy pasta that was turned into a YouTube series. So I had to do some checking because I was like, that's gotta be a misspelling, because why would anybody want to eat or talk about a creepy pasta? Right? That doesn't feel like a good explanation of what the movie is. This says, after a therapist patient disappears into a dimension beyond reality, she must venture into the room into the unknown to save him. So that doesn't sound like anything apasta. I'm going to guess it was a a mistype, but this does look good. Creepy pastas are a short user generated whrror stories that circulate the Internet, functioning as the digital ages urban las campfire tales. The term is a mashup of creep and copy pasta whatever that means Internet slang for text copied and hasted across forums. I'm gonna go ahead make this public service announcement. Don't use hip words, all right, Right, I'm fifty one, slender Man, Jeff the Killer, Ben drowned. Those are all types of creepy pasta. The Texter went on to say, the guy who created the YouTube series was only a teenager at the time became so viral A twenty four picked it up. He's now twenty awesome that studios now finding to look at other creative to they're not looking at a creative They don't have any choice, right They need that help. And this almost reads like a Blake Crouch book called Dark Matter, okay, where in the book he gets put into another time dimension. To get back into his time dimension, he has to time travel essentially through dimension. So it sounds very similar to that. But yeah, this looks good. I love psychological thrillers like that, so I'm on board for that. Here's a text for willing only anything you want to talk about bring up something new. If you have ever if you ever go to Jamaica, you have to try aki. It's a fruit that looks like scrambled eggs. Isn't that the same? Okay? And that's the same kind of fruit they put in like, you know, like energy drinks or something like that. As that's asaie. This is aki a c k ee, I'll take a word for it. Have you personally bought a funk oo pop for yourself.
Speaker 4: No, but I did look into it to get one for our morning show, like to have them make one, Yeah for all of us, but too expensive.
Speaker 1: Gimpete. Yeah, I've never first one. Those aren't are my thing. Uh No, I have sex and I'm a grown man. Fibray, just the same, You had a lot of them. What's the secret in your hometown that everyone knows but you, but that everyone knows but nobody can prove.
Speaker 4: H I don't know. My father in law just text me about twenty minutes ago and said that there was a big shooting in the in the hospital of my hometown this morning.
Speaker 1: That happens. Yeah, I don't think that's what they mean though. No, Okay, gim be um that a girl named Heather used a carre it to pleasure herself. Wow, that was that was the rumor and what just happened to we need time travel? I think that was weird. I don't. I don't know. It's been many years. Nope, you've had your turn girl many years. I haven't lived there. I have no idea, nor would it. If I heard it, I'd be like, Okay, going back to my life, willing only anything you want to talk about bring up something new, go back to a lot of people are texting in the movies for us to to check out. Someone said, I'll see you or have you seen and send help and I'll raise you. Apex on Netflix. Have you watched Apex on Netflix yet, Lindsey, No, that's the one. Yes, Charlie's Darren.
Speaker 4: Yes, And it was a little disappointing. Why because it's kind of like, what are you doing? Who does this? Why are you out here by yourself? Come on? It just it seemed far fetched.
Speaker 1: Gimbi, No, I haven't seen it. I think I remember seeing trailers, but I haven't seen it.
Speaker 4: I have not.
Speaker 1: I have not had the time commitment to do that. If I'm being honest, sleep sounds better to me. So I haven't. I haven't gotten to that. I love movies. I love watching them. I just haven't had a chance to sit down and commit to watching the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were the reason why I watched it too. You sold me on it.
Speaker 1: I mean I saw the trailer, that's all I had. Yeah, I watch a ton of trailers. I don't watch a lot of movies. Have you seen unknown number the High School Catfish on Netflix? Is that the one where it was the mom Yes, I know that story, but I don't know the documentary that.
Speaker 4: Run was so good and left you so pissed off.
Speaker 1: Here's my problem with documentaries about real events like this. Most of us know the story. There's no surprise. So was there any surprise in this like they're just recounting everything that's happened.
Speaker 4: True? Yeah, but I guess if you don't know the story.
Speaker 1: Like you didn't, you weren't aware of what happened.
Speaker 4: That's pretty new to me.
Speaker 1: All Right, we're gonna take a break and we'll be back. If you're listening to The Big Man Morning Show, and we love to talk about making daylight saving time permanent. Yet again, lawmakers are focused on the real important issues like daylight savings time, and they want to make it permanent. It started in the sixties. In twenty twenty two, they tried to make it year round, but it didn't pass. Yesterday, a House committee voted forty eight to one in favor of the Sunshine Protection Act, which would implement the change as part of a larger bill. President is supporting it and is expected to face opposition on the other side, which is the Senate. Now, if this were to happen, I'm not a proponent of this. I think this is not a good idea, mostly for kids, right kids safety going to the bus stop as an example, whether they would be dark or you're not used to that. It sounds good right now, but I don't think it would sound good in January. What if they just pushed everything back an hour right to where they're going, still going to the bus stop when the sun's up. Oh you mean like the school the schedule, Uh huh. I think it messes with peoples that you know, have jobs and don't leave their kids at home. That's true statement. And we've gotten used to the way that it is. Boy, change is good, man. Now it would be good for you know, more daylight, you know, after school and stuff like that, but mornings are gonna feel dark. And in the winter, when you're getting up and it's dark, that's not awesome. You would feel like waking up at like three. And apparently in nineteen seventy four they'd tried this and people initially were like, this is awesome, and then the dark winter mornings happened and they were like, oh no, my takes Becky's I don't like this at all. What do you think, lindsay, would you be for it? You support something like this?
Speaker 4: H yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know, we even say anything and you talk yourself out of it. Right.
Speaker 4: It has its pros and cons. I know, for the farmers whatever, they they need it, they say they do. But I do enjoy having it lighter at night.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 4: But also when it comes around, I'm like, oh, yay, we're gonna save an hour, you know what I mean? Like I like, yeah, I do. But again, it's just that one night.
Speaker 1: I think your body adjusts to air foras eventually, it takes a little bit of time. Not even like we would adjust to the We'd figure it out, like my idea of just pushing the schools back further. We'd get used to it. We'd figure it out. Your body would adjust to the time, your body would adjust to the darkness. Your body would adjust. It just take a little while. The farmer thing I'm not on board with at all, Okay, I mean, we used to do. Spring break only exists because the idea was that you so you could go work on the farm. That's the only reason it was for bitches to go to daytona half nagging now a fooey No, anybody who works morning. I think that could be a problem for them. Right, think of trash pickup. They'll push that till later, Okay, Right, I know I'm just naming one industry. I know they can easily dispel that. I'm just saying as an example, that would change stuff, and the rural communities would suffer the most. You and your big metropolis would be fine. Yeah, but people that live in rural areas and you know, it would be a big deal to them. I agree, We'll adjust to whatever comes. But it just feels like to me, when you start changing, I don't care if it's in your job, I don't care if it's in your home. When you start changing too much too fast, then you get used to the chaos, and that's not really good. So I'm like, can we just like pause on one of these and wait?
Speaker 4: So, what would be springing? It would be the time that we would stay on, would be the spring ahead time, the.
Speaker 1: Time we're on now.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Some people say crime would be a big deal, that brighter evenings would reduce evening crime. Some people say that dark mornings create a danger for school kids and commuters, and there's still the state by state confusion that could happen. Yeah, because not every state does it right correct, not even not every city does it right. In Indiana, there's like one city that's like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, South End doesn't guess.
Speaker 1: So when you drive like for a short amount of time, you're in a different time You're like, what's happening now at the age of the internet, lindsay, does that time change automatically? Like I know when I change time zones going on vacation, my phone will automatically switch over. Right, does it do that? Yeah, when you're in that one city.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so and when I lived when I when we moved back to Indiana, we were living with our in laws before we bought our house in Mishawaka, which is right next to South Bend, I would have to leave when we change times. I would have to leave my house like two hours earlier and to get to work, who was an hour ahead? It was. It was crazy. It was all messed up.
Speaker 1: You think you're you think you're dramatically time traveling. Yes, somebody texcidents and I hate daylight savings. That is a dramatic statement. I'm curious if you came from a place where if you came from somewhere else, because not somewhere else like Mars, right somewhere else like maybe Hawaii. Because I don't know about you, but I associate the winter. I associate Christmas Thanksgiving with dark. So the idea of that it's darker earlier Christmas lights, that means you're not going to look at Christmas lights till nine o'clock. I'm just saying that that you're not even turning them on. That feels like the best argument I have. Yeah, Daylight savings time wasn't started for farmers. It was started during World War Two to conserve resources for the war effort. Okay, thanks NERD. Did you hurt your arm patting yourself on the back after texting that I got this? I'll show them. I wonder how much that really saved? We were you redlining it that much? And if we saved, then we're that savings? You know what I mean? Like, what are we talking about? Is this? Like don't go to by gas on one day to teach them a lesson, right them? Because you know the spoiler there is you still need gas. You'll just get it like a day later. They'll still get their money. Yeah, exactly, you just mess up the books for one day. Ah. We showed them though, Yeah, they go, oh, Monday was down, but Wednesday pooh, don't people really got to it. I just feel like there's other things to worry about that should get our attention, that should get dramatic votes like fifty to one, yeah or whatever it is compared to this. Tell me, as the representative, you come back to your district and you're like, ha ha, look at I did for you. I'm representing you, now bow before me. This text says whenever the hour rolls back, that's an extra hour at the bar. That is not true. When I was working, we shut it down at two o'clock anyway. You know, even though the everybody's clocks rolled back, we didn't stay open an extra hour. We still shut it down at the same time and went home. Not only that, when they go back the other way, it's it ends earlier, all right. This text probably the best one. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Ain't that the truth? Yeah? What's why now? I always love that question? Why are we doing this now? Because we've got nothing better to do?
Speaker 4: He was just gonna say there's nothing else to talk about.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's why they allegedly from dork to a one said that they did it. Yeah, there was a need. That's why we're doing it now. We got to conserve right, all right, So what's the need to do it now? Right? Why change it? What's the big to do it? Says I would I wouldn't. I would think you wouldn't notice the difference in the evenings, but you would in the longer darkness mornings. Evenings would be dark at six forty five instead of five forty five, except it gets dark like at four point thirty. Now, we could talk about twilight and civil twilight and all those other terms, but pretty much people will equate dark with when the sun is going down. Yeah, it's getting dark outside, Yes, when your mom will wants you back inside, Yes, when the led lights are coming on. All right, we gotta take a break. We'll be back.