Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handled on demand from KFI AM six fortys.
Speaker 2: A short time from now, we are going to be changing the name of the Gulf of Mexico to the Gulf of America. And we will restore the name of a great president, William McKinley to Mount McKinley, where it should.
Speaker 3: Be and where it belongs.
Speaker 1: And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 4: KFI AM six forty you will handle everybody. It is a Tuesday, January twenty one, after the inauguration of our forty seventh president and the day after Martin Luther King Day, which we normally make a much bigger deal of, but yesterday was a rather extraordinary inauguration. Second time in history a president has come back to have non consecutive terms, and these both the forty fifth and the forty seventh president the United States.
Speaker 3: And we're going to do a fair amount today.
Speaker 4: This isn't politics per se, because we're no longer into politics. We are now into presidential actions.
Speaker 3: I love the idea of the Golf of America.
Speaker 4: I was listening yesterday and someone pointed out that the Department of of Efficiency Government Efficiency which is headed by Elon Musk no longer Vivic Famaswami or whatever the hell's name is. Yeah, him too is I wonder who's the one that's going to say, hey, wait a minute, calling it the Gulf of America. How much money is that going to cost? Do we do every map? The federal government has everyone?
Speaker 5: How many maps jobs it will create?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How many maps I think exists in the Department of Defense, the geographical societies? Noah, I mean all the weather people. It's going to be hilarious, it really is.
Speaker 6: Aren't much digital?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: They're printed. Yeah, most of the people still use printed maps. But you know, I maybe we are making digital. But you know, I guess what do you do? You sit around with globes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all that has to change, all of it.
Speaker 6: So I still says USSR on my globe.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then Mount McKinley, which was Denali before it was changed to Mount McKinley in nineteen fifteen to honor McKinley, who had never been to Alaska and really wasn't one of our greatest presidents. But still, and then, by the way, the Gulf of Mexico. You know how long it's been the golf of Mexico. Any idea how long it has been called the golf of Mexico, four hundred years?
Speaker 7: It changes today, Yeah, it now changes to call it the golf of Messa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because there are golfers, a great game. Yeah, it's just it's fascinating stuff.
Speaker 3: That was the fun stuff. That was the fun stuff.
Speaker 4: And then the two aircraft carrier strike forces off the coast of Greenland, and the President's going to say, we're making you an off of you can't refuse.
Speaker 3: There's going to be that.
Speaker 4: It's just gonna be a great fun and there's some pretty serious stuff too, And we're going to go through the whole gamut of the inauguration speech. Some was expected, some way went way over the top. Some some, in my opinion, some.
Speaker 3: Legitimate policy changes that are being made that are appropriate for a president.
Speaker 4: Whether or not you believe in that, you can be on the other side of it, but you can't argue that that is not a legitimate change.
Speaker 3: But still, god it, some of this stuff was just hilarious.
Speaker 4: And he ripped into bar I mean ripped into him, describing the previous four years as the worst four years in the history of the United States, and he is there and he has inherited the most difficult.
Speaker 3: Period of any time in the country.
Speaker 4: Ever, I guess he wasn't there when they studied Abraham Lincoln and he had this little problem with the Civil War at the time that was a little more problematic.
Speaker 3: Maybe yes, maybe no.
Speaker 4: And directive, and he issued the most important executive directives in the history of the United States, far more important than a directive issued in eighteen sixty three by a guy we cleverly call Abraham Lincoln. And it was the Emancipation Proclamation that was a directive. So it's you know, I'll talk about the legitimacy of some some of the stuff because it was complete legitimate based on you may disagree, but based on his belief pulling out of the Paris Accords the climate change, I mean, president can do that, and that's a political decision and you may hate it.
Speaker 3: The World Health Organization.
Speaker 6: Have we been in that since twenty Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh, I think it's been around. I don't even know.
Speaker 4: I think what since has started twenty five thirty years ago? When did the Paris Accords kick in?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Actually, Oh, I see Amy moving yeah, Amy moves.
Speaker 3: To figuring out. No, she's good at this stuff.
Speaker 6: Twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: I was right, right, Yeah, I was right.
Speaker 4: I said thirty forty years ago, twenty sixteen. Okay, so it's closer than nine years ago. All right, No, I think that's when he pulled out of the Paris Accord. Pump pulled us out the first time, Biden reinstated us, and now we're pulling out again.
Speaker 3: It's like a bad sexual encounter.
Speaker 6: Doesn't it cost us a lot of money?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Everything costs us a lot of And where he's right is we fund everything.
Speaker 3: We pay the bill for everyone.
Speaker 4: For NATO, we pay the bills, although not so much anymore because of him, by the way, because of his threat to pull out of NATO, the countries finally lived up to their agreement and lived up to the treaties. And it was because of Trump who said, you don't pay, we're pulling out. Guess what, They started writing checks, which they agreed to do and failed to do.
Speaker 3: So, okay, so there's a lot. Yes, there's a lot. No, And we're going to go.
Speaker 4: Let me do one story as we start a handle on the news, because this one sort of took me by Surprise News Amy Neil, who's back? Well, Hello Amy, Hello Neil, Hello and hellokno lead story. He pardoned every defendant or commuted the sentence of every single defendant in the January sixth upper everyone, I mean, even the ones that attacked the cops. As long as you're a patriot and you're a peaceful demonstrator and you attack a police officer, it doesn't matter. And here's the part that I truly dislike about this man is his idea of the constitution and upholding the American law and order is loyalty to him. It's about fealty.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 3: The rest of it. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: I thought I knew he was going to uh we knew he was going to pardon the vast majority, but there were some that were There was a sedition in which the attempt to overthrow the government was there, the attempt to overthrow the government of the United States pardoned. That was a tough one. That was very a tough one. And the Republicans, of course falling into place, even the Republicans whose lives were threatened by the mob directly will not say, hey, wait a minute, this isn't right. Okay, I'm gonna say, can you tell I'm gonna have a good time with all of this?
Speaker 7: It's a rubbing of the hands and the smacking of the lips and the thrust of your fist in the air that gave them a little bit of a.
Speaker 3: Well here's I want to make a point before you take a break.
Speaker 4: He said during his inaugural that he survived the assassination attempt because God has placed them.
Speaker 3: He placed them on earth to save America.
Speaker 4: Well, God has placed me in this chair to save all of you from bad or boring talk radio. But I don't give God the credit. I give Donald Trump the credit. It's gonna be a fun four years, I must tell you. Can you imagine Joe Biden being president? I mean four years of well, yeah, he just twitched.
Speaker 3: Did he say anything.
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 3: That would have been four years and Kamala Harris boring? Boring, boring. Basically, Kamala Harris was Joe Biden and drag all right.
Speaker 8: Well, Biden snuck these in just under the wire. Republican lawmakers are reportedly furious about Biden's decision to pardon several people yesterday, including doctor Anthony Fauci. Retired General Mark Milly and the entire January sixth committee, and then right before they got to the rotunda, he also pardoned his family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: I think Biden had a point, especially with Mark Milly and Liz Cheney, because the President said, we're going after them.
Speaker 3: We are going after.
Speaker 4: These people, prosecuting them and putting them in jail because they went after him, And so I think those I think we're legitimate the way he viewed it. But the last two minutes of his.
Speaker 3: Presidency, Come on, guy, you know, I mean, how's that for a legacy? You sneak this through.
Speaker 4: Oh and by the way, didn't you say you were not going to pardon your son when asked outright, I am not.
Speaker 3: No on and of course he did, and then he came up with the excuse that it was a political witch hunt.
Speaker 4: Heard that one before, So yeah, it just goes to show you the disparity.
Speaker 3: But that was I think the way.
Speaker 4: He did it was pretty sleazy, I really do. And I think he's being looked at as I think even as most Ardent supporters.
Speaker 6: Are thinking that.
Speaker 8: From senator to secretary, former Senator Marco Rubio has just been sworn in as the new Secretary of State. It just happened, and he's speaking now. He was voted in last night. The confirmation vote was ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Nothing Yep, no senator voting against.
Speaker 5: That's kind of nice to see. We don't see that in a.
Speaker 4: Couple of reasons, because he's not completely crazy. He has qualified because he ran as part of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has a lot of experience in foreign relations, and he is well liked in the Senate. I mean they just like each other. He likes everybody there was, you know, for example, John McCain was best friends with Ted Kennedy. Just different people. I mean they just there's a liking. I remembers Scalia and Ruth Bader Ginsburg couldn't be further apart politically, and they used to vacation together.
Speaker 5: That's how it used to be.
Speaker 3: That's how it used to be. Yeah, But in.
Speaker 4: This case, Marco Rubio hit that again, he's just well liked, goes across the aisle, very congenial. You wish that everybody was like that. So is it gonna be a little more contentious with other ones? Oh?
Speaker 3: Just a little bit?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 8: Is it his heart or Hitler Elon Musk obviously very excited, jumping up and down on stage at the Capitol Wan Arena in Washington, d C. Yesterday at Trump's inauguration rally in parade, and he said to the crowd, I want to thank you for making it happen. He said, my heart goes out to you, and then he did this thing where he slapped his chest with his right hand and then flung it up into the air and it looked like a Nazi salute sort of.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, there's some controversy about that.
Speaker 4: I mean, him putting on the mustache beforehand and screaming zighile is a little problematic, But.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think it was a Nazi thing. I don't.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just the exuberance of this guy. The President specifically mentioned Mars. He went crazy because going to Mars is all about Elon Musk. So yeah, you know, now and then the internet's making a huge deal. Did you take it as a Nazi salute? And possibly, Okay, well that's very equivocal, thank you, amy Nazi salute.
Speaker 8: No. I thought it was weird looking he's but in the context of what he was saying, like my heart goes out.
Speaker 5: To you and then puts his hand because.
Speaker 4: The Nazi salute did not indicate the heart, so you know, anything with a heart.
Speaker 3: So I didn't take it that way. I don't think he meant it that way.
Speaker 5: Very odd, weird, odd genius to genius.
Speaker 3: Yes, well that's the way I view it.
Speaker 4: And what's kind of interesting is this weird, bizarre guy is gonna be the world's first trillionaire.
Speaker 5: Make him a good person.
Speaker 3: No, it does not. But he's just a very inn you're wealthy or you're a genius. I'm not arguing that.
Speaker 4: But you know, another part of it, the quirk of him, he's gonna be he's the richest man.
Speaker 3: In the world by the way.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, as much as he was signing, what he didn't do is immediately imposed tariffs yesterday. So he previously promised that, but said that he was thinking about imposing a twenty five percent duties on imports from Canada and Mexico on February first, over illegal immigrants and sentinel crossings into the US.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's gonna be Sadians coming over here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's gonna be some tariffs.
Speaker 4: And this is when you originally said sixty percent one hundred percent on some products, especially China, although we I think we have one hundred percent tariffs on evs coming from China anyway, and Canada caves on this almost immediately when he said there'll be immediate tariffs. And so this is Trump's bluster. But there's a method to the magnets because because it seems to work. So we will see over the illegal immigrants. Uh, Mexico's already making moves in that direction, has for months, and the fentanyl crossing into the US. China is involved in the precursor chemicals. So I I you know, day one is I think sort of a merifu metaphoric date. But I think you're going to see, uh, you are going to see some uh some activity in.
Speaker 3: The world of terrorists. And we'll talk more about that later.
Speaker 6: Because party Ryan Reynolds, That's all I want.
Speaker 5: As Okay, why don't you like Ryan Reynolds?
Speaker 6: Tired of his punk ass, Let's get him out of here.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh did you see that with the internet? Did to carry underwood? She got nailed? What did you see for just being there?
Speaker 4: She got nailed for being there, especially among a lot of young people go on go on Instagram. I mean it was going around like crazy. Also during the inauguration. Oh, a quick one about the inauguration. The inauguration being inside, I thought lent an air that you would never get outside.
Speaker 3: There was an intimacy to it. For example, when the marine choir came in, you had those great acoustics inside.
Speaker 4: I thought it was terrific, really terrific. The inauguration. And the other thing, the Carrie Underwood song. Do you see that glitch where it just didn't happen and no one knew what was going on and it was mistimed and then she was looking around and then grabbed it and saying it archipelago And I.
Speaker 3: Thought that was the sting. Yeah, yeah, it was very strong.
Speaker 7: There was a lot of the timing was weird, and I know this got a lot of play last night, even on our own station for Pete's sake. But where they said he didn't have his hand on the Bible, but it was because Milania could didn't get there in time, and they started the oath prior, and so there's a lot of tiny little missteps or little technical things.
Speaker 5: Okay, so here's what happened.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 8: Remember he was supposed to be sworn in at eleven forty seven PM, which is eight forty seven hour time. It was they were running behind. Trump needed to be sworn in by nine o'clock our time noon their time, because that's when Biden stopped being president. So they had to switch everything around at the last second and get vance and Trump sworn in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so she his wife, wasn't there with the Bibles.
Speaker 7: She hasn't read anybody. Everybody prints that. He didn't have his hand on the Bible.
Speaker 3: Oh, she doesn't have to, which she doesn't have to.
Speaker 4: And by the way, the exact noon is that you can go past that.
Speaker 3: That doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: I mean technically, technically, do we have a president. It's for example, I think it was Obama missed a couple of words.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was sworn in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, constitutes.
Speaker 4: Well he didn't have to be sweet sworn in, but he was later on just in case. Remember that argument he was not president. We didn't have a president.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, you know, those are.
Speaker 4: Really technical little bits and pieces of history that you play with now.
Speaker 7: It was different, and then you had Milania taking all the tunes from Toon Town and melting them in the green acid and.
Speaker 6: That was horrible.
Speaker 5: That was a step too far.
Speaker 6: Now, just too much, yeah, just too much.
Speaker 4: Now, there's one fascinating bit of history and a note I want to make that this is the law. Traditionally, what happens is the president leaves once the former president leaves, in this case the rotunda, and there's a helicopter waiting outside, this Marine one, which is not Marine one, when he gets on it, because only the president has the one designation air Force one, Marine one, and he then leaves. And when Nixon left, it was before the swearing inn and he was on Air Force one and was the President of the United States and was over Kansas when gerald Ford was sworn in as president, and as he was sworn in, and they timed it perfectly in Kansas, right in the middle of the country, the pilot said, at the beginning of reporting to the ground control, this is Air Force one. And the second that gerald Ford said, so help me God, the pilot switched the call letters to the call letter of just the airplane. It was not Air Force one anymore. And I thought that was just such a neat bit of history.
Speaker 3: I love that, absolutely love that.
Speaker 4: So he left on Marine one, which was not Marine one, and he left on the plane. I don't know whether it was air Force one or not that he flew on. I don't know if we can find that out. But it was a just standard issue federal airplane belonging to the Air Force with a regular call letters when the pilot talked to ground control.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's just fun. That's just fun bits of history. I love that.
Speaker 4: All Right, we're going to come back and we'll finish up handle on the new sort of a modified version, because we're spending a lot of time talking about what happened yesterday.
Speaker 3: But it's great fun. We're not going to be able to do that for a while.
Speaker 8: Okay, Okay, this one just might kill Bill Oh. The Teamsters has authorized to strike against Costco starting February first, unless they reach a deal with Costco before their current contract expires January thirty first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hope they reach a thought of Costco workers going on strike. If I was a Costco worker, I would be throwing those frozen burritos at those people like crazy, and usually. Since my dad was a union member for his entire life, I have a special place in my heart for unions. I would drive my car through the picket line to go to Costco. And if I hit a few people and so be it. You'll see people flying off.
Speaker 3: Nothing's going to stop me from going to Costco. Nothing. I went yesterday and I will go again by Friday.
Speaker 6: Nice, yes, excellent word picture.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Vivek Ramaswami will launch a campaign for governor in Ohio early next week. So this has imparting way with President Donald Trump's incoming Department of Government Efficiency or DOGE.
Speaker 6: So this comes from a couple of sources that are close to the situation.
Speaker 7: And yeah, I think this means to anybody, well, I think it's.
Speaker 4: More Elon Must than anything else, because no one's paying attention to Ramaswami. It's yeah, I mean he was named with Must head this Department of Government Energy Efficiency. So Musk is throwing you the Hitler salute. Ramaswami is looking for all the other arms that he thinks he has.
Speaker 3: H that's a very Hindu joke. And I have no idea.
Speaker 6: If he's hit, you sort of got it.
Speaker 3: But then you know, you know, Vishnu with all the arms you know. Never mind it was it didn't work, It didn't work. It was a nice visual, but it didn't work.
Speaker 6: Oh that's rare for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Out of the frying pan and into the fire. Vice President Kamala Harris has left d C flew into California. First stop Monday was Alta, Dina, where she and her husband met with volunteers working for World Central Kitchen and then they helped distribute meals at the start of the dinner rush that it was a nice thing to do.
Speaker 3: Now she's done with politics. What's that?
Speaker 8: I was ready for governor?
Speaker 5: Remember?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I'm sorry. I take that back. I know why she did that.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 5: Okay, she hasn't said that she is for sure, but there's speculation.
Speaker 6: All right. Trump, Gosh, finally a Trump story today. This is great.
Speaker 7: President Donald Trump announced just yesterday that he's withdrawing from the He's withdrawing US rather from the World Health Organization. He's had issues with it for a long time, but he says this is because of the organization's mis handling of COVID nineteen pandemic, failure to adopt urgently needed reforms, and its inability to demonstrate independence from inappropriate political influence.
Speaker 6: So who could that be?
Speaker 4: He is arguing that the who great Man, by the way, is it's politically motivated that it's all about. For example, it refused to recognize that COVID came from that one lab in Whunn, that's where it really came from. And of course it has never been proven where the COVID virus came from. So he's got some big issues. You're going to see a lot of stuff. The Paris climate of course gone, NATO don't know at this point. Certainly world health organizations. He's going to undo a whole lot of what America was about.
Speaker 3: He's changing. He is changing from.
Speaker 6: The UN right, and the UN isn't.
Speaker 3: No, it's a separate organization. I don't think the World Health Organization is part of the UN. I don't think. So it's a separate organization. Okay, let's move on. We have one more story, and you can correct me if I'm wrong on that one.
Speaker 8: Russia may be ready to talk. President Vladimir Putin apparently congratulated President elect Trump hours before Trump's inauguration and said he's open to dialogue with the new US administration on Ukraine and nuclear arms.
Speaker 4: A couple things. Whether it pans out or not that anything happens. Remember Trump, I didn't do. It was a huge controversy when he met with King King jun Un, King Jongwun Kim John Ung, head leader of North Korea, and people argue, wow, you're giving legitimacy to him, and Trump said, you know, it's better.
Speaker 3: If we have a personal relationship.
Speaker 4: Certainly doesn't hurt, I mean, nothing happened as a result, But isn't it better when you're sitting down and talking to each other.
Speaker 3: Ronald Reagan had an.
Speaker 4: Incredibly close relationship with Margaret Thatcher, for example, and it helps. And I think Trump saying sitting down and talking face to face is better than not even though nothing comes out of it.
Speaker 3: By the way, nothing's going to come out of it.
Speaker 4: Putin is he'll go for peace as long as he gets that part of Ukraine. He wants the Dawn Bass, he wants eastern Ukraine, and he's not going to.
Speaker 3: Give that up.
Speaker 4: But talking is better than not talking. And so you will see the two of them sit down. Guaranteed we are done. This is KFI AM six point forty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand.
Speaker 3: On the iHeartRadio app,