Speaker 1: Wrong song.
Speaker 2: See what see what happens on it? See see see what happens on a day like that? Har here we go Today was meant to be a disaster?
Speaker 1: What later? Gods?
Speaker 2: But drop back in, punt baby, drop back up, starting our day off yesterday.
Speaker 1: That way, you don't have to yell at me though.
Speaker 2: You know why, because you embarrassed me in front of my friends all the time with your stupid face and your stupid hair.
Speaker 1: How does that think make you? How do you think that makes me feel as a person when you talk to me like that?
Speaker 2: I don't really care. I don't I don't really care.
Speaker 1: What did I do so bad?
Speaker 2: You were born?
Speaker 1: Okay? Man, Now that's too far, dude.
Speaker 2: It might have been a little too far.
Speaker 1: Bit Gus, you got anything you could play for me? Make me feel better? I'm hurt. Let me see what we can come up with it.
Speaker 2: You need something to comfort you through your.
Speaker 1: Day, and you can learn a lesson. Don't people.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. It's Friday Show. I'm gonna yell at people all day today. I'm gonna yell at people at the Thornton's. I'm gonna go to go to Kroger and yell people, yell people that I'm gonna yell at people.
Speaker 3: I'm just I got something for you. Hang on here, let's let's just take them up.
Speaker 1: That's you, m that's me. My heart's full of crap. Oh it's then just like you. She does dishes too. Those might not have been the words. Mm hmm mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: I don't want to fight.
Speaker 1: I don't either.
Speaker 2: He come here, no man out. Man. You told me you're gonna hug It was not gonna hug you.
Speaker 1: It's not a day for hugs.
Speaker 2: It's a day for smacking people in the face, yelling at him. Our boss is drinking whiskey in the studio. It's been the longest week ever.
Speaker 1: He says. Not whiskey is tea. Well, I'm drinking tea teequila. Mm hmm it is. I know.
Speaker 2: The show's getting better and better. And the more whiskey goes down your neck.
Speaker 1: Then we get better looking. We get better looking the more whiskey you drink. Hey, well, it looks like nearly two thirds of Americans get math anxiety. I wouldn't know anything about that.
Speaker 2: I don't get math anxiety. You know why because we got calculator. Don't care.
Speaker 1: I'm the operator of my pocket calculator.
Speaker 2: Where do they get math anxiety?
Speaker 1: Should they come? And that's the coolest thing you do right now is combined words go.
Speaker 2: It's called matthize what they'll have a pharmaceutical pill for it.
Speaker 1: It's just too sweet. Yeah, math anxiety take Lexo and I but feature all with foxtacil. According to a new study, sixty four percent of Americans suffer from math anxiety. Thirteen percent a rate there's as severe it goes beyond just being uncomfortable during doing math in class. It's forty seven percent, says it affects adults. Mainly parents phil anxious when their kids are asking them to help them with their math homework.
Speaker 2: That'd be me, man, I stopped helping my son with math homework in well, basically second grade. Why he was so successful Exactly. Anytime that something was wrong at school, the teacher would go, John, yes, your mom out of town.
Speaker 1: Yes, how did you know that? Uh?
Speaker 2: He called me last year Purdue and said, I have a math test today. It's two questions. It was three and a half hours long. Oh my god, two math questions?
Speaker 1: I uh? I was in YD and one of the.
Speaker 2: Teachers, young dummies is a football youth development I'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you develop man, not young dummies.
Speaker 2: All right, why would they name something y d And now you know these idiots are going to go right to young dummies like come.
Speaker 1: On, youth development baby. So our teachers is for bad kids and teachers were football coaches.
Speaker 2: You think now, this is not wrestling coach. Football coach is not coach Joe Freshley. No, coach is not coached.
Speaker 1: Love you love your coach Joe Freshley. This was a totally different coach. But anytime I had a question, I would say, mister such and such, what But I asked my question? He said, witting Yeah, can you read? Can you read?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you he would say a bad word, start with R yes, are you blank?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: No, it goes go sit down. Now I have to go back and just read my book.
Speaker 2: Tell you raise kids.
Speaker 1: No, it's not man.
Speaker 2: You go look listen.
Speaker 1: If you teach a guy how to fish, who are we looking at? I don't know.
Speaker 2: If somebody's in the window, it's food. Go see if it's fish food Friday show, No one cares. Just see if see if there's food there now he's drunk. We're okay, it's a Friday show and we we're all trying to look around and go we're gonna do thunder and Derby here coming up, and I think we are back out at the Ali centered Gus we are broadcast starts at three four o'clock, four o'clock. We'll go through the rest of the night. Of course, Tony Cruz, Dwight Witting, Tony Venetti, Terry Miners, Gus Alan will have traffic. And of course you had another year. They have run out of ideas, by the way, so they now they're just taking all the ideas they've had for the last twenty five three years, thrown it into the five pods, the whole idea.
Speaker 1: This year's theme is seventies grooming habits. But and you can take us with you, by the way, on your iHeartRadio app. Make whs your preset. That's where they have presets on the iHeart radio app.
Speaker 2: He almost did that perfectly. That's awesome. They are going to do try something new. And this is what I saw in the press conference was they're going to do the fireworks in layers, so at the end it's going to look like the American flag. That's pretty cool. That's gonna be cool. If they pull it off, that's gonna be cool. So tune it in the Alley center. Was it sixty five bucks? Yeah, yeah, that's right. You got real restrooms, got a great view. I tell you that is the best place because you got that back porch and then there's windows from the bottom. You know, it's got windows all the way up.
Speaker 1: Oh, you got a back porch, Ali, Suzanne, you will ah place has the back porch? Sit on the porch?
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what has a back porch?
Speaker 1: Your face?
Speaker 2: Because your face looks like a back porch.
Speaker 1: Your face looks like a butt. Us falls even further down the World happiness ranking. The newest World Happiness Report says that Americas are grumpier than they've ever been the report came in existence.
Speaker 2: In the rankings, this show is helping that number go down.
Speaker 1: European countries dominate the top twenty, with Finland capturing yet again.
Speaker 2: What is it about Finland, Gus, Have you been to Finland? Have you ever been over there? Like in that area? Sweden?
Speaker 1: Norway very reserved, very quiet.
Speaker 3: Obviously there's a lot of snow, there's they've got a great hockey team every single year.
Speaker 2: They're like, Look, Norway, Sweden, Finland, these are the happiest places on planet Earth. Everyone that lives there loves it. I believe part of the reason is they have federal laws limiting how much you can work. It's basically a three or four day work week, and you can't answer emails or work like if it's a corporate situation after five or six pm.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, ahead like that, you think, Yeah, keep going because I'm looking something up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So Finland again number one. I just couldn't do.
Speaker 1: But what in all the cold? And yeah, I can't do the cold.
Speaker 3: And like I don't know how many days of daylight did.
Speaker 1: Oh they have? That's what I said. I would make it more depressing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do like a good cardigan sweater. Yeah, and I look good in the cardigan sweater.
Speaker 3: Well, aren't they known for their their known Finland it's aren't they known for vodka or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, right, I'm sure they don't have to worry about it. Sure the food is good.
Speaker 1: So well, the right, the world's happiest country for eighth, now nine successive years, I'm saying. Experts citing access to nature and strong welfare systems as factors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean exactly. It's nobody works really hard. Seems to be a lot of money. There are a lot of regulation, but when you don't have what's the population of Finland? Take a guess, Gus, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Say four million people.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say a little bit more. I'm gonna try to guess ten million people in Finland. You're probably I'm gonna guess You're probably right, guys, but I think I'm gonna take a guess too.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say five point five eight four million. But let me look it up just to be clear.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wow, that's really really dialed in estimate there, how one D one D?
Speaker 2: How many rs this one D you have you have to write?
Speaker 1: Let me take this, let me take those rs A hang uh oh wow, five point five eight four million. Great, guess that's amazing.
Speaker 2: You are amazing, my friend. But you were closed. You said four million, Gus, that's pretty four yeah. Okay, so you have five point you know, that's Philly. That's the population of Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Oh so you got all the space in the world and all that space. See, I want to run in the Scandinavian women.
Speaker 2: I just gotta tell you, Yeah, I think there's a bikini team or something.
Speaker 1: I like them because they don't shave their legs and you don't know if you're petting your dog.
Speaker 2: Or don't be disgusting.
Speaker 3: Was that the was filing, the one that had the prime minister that was very young and she'd like to go out and party.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, sought up Martin.
Speaker 2: I think yeah, I think I'm I'm following what you laying down.
Speaker 3: I was quite attractive, like forty six years old, very very polished. Yes, and she went out I want to say, during COVID or something during and they're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my gosh, you've gone out and done that. Yes, yes, she went out to some club and they just roasted her. Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes again if it wasn't so cold. And again I look good in a Cargan sweater, turtle neck.
Speaker 1: I tell you, the turtle neck is fitting. It looks good, okause it makes you look.
Speaker 2: Like what like a what what are you going to say? I were you gonna say?
Speaker 1: You're a something head to everybody? And so that little ring around it fits you. E turtleneck is very fitting for you.
Speaker 2: We are going to make it through the show.
Speaker 1: I don't know that we do. To tell you the truth, I'm wondering.
Speaker 2: Yeah it man, you don't know lately it's really really hurting.
Speaker 1: You checked that crap at the door. Anyway, Finland, Finland comes into number one. Where did? However, USA has dropped to the twenty fourth twenty fourth? Uh and in sites in sites you with us, we're twenty fourth. And part of the reason is fifty three percent of the people are dining alone for the past two days. What's wrong with that? Dining alone? I like that.
Speaker 2: I love it. Okay, I love it too. I like to I don't mind eating a loan And I tell you truth. I'm a go to the movies by myself guy too. Yeah, I love going to the movies by myself. I love the movie theater.
Speaker 1: So theater X.
Speaker 2: No, they don't have those anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah they do, No they I know of one.
Speaker 2: But I so I read this stat a couple of years ago on the Wall four about happiness, and they asked Americans how happy they were, and it was it was like ten point one percent said we're happy. That's very low number. So they asked marines and rangers stationed in Afghanistan and said how happy are you? And it was like eleven point six? It was just a point or two more, but it's still significant. So it was like, what does that tell you? And it's like, the people that are in the worst place on planet Earth, the whole of the planet, that are getting shot at every single day or possibly being blown up, are happier than Americans. Why because when they get up in the morning, they got something to do. They have purpose, porpoise, purpose, porpose.
Speaker 1: I'll tell your dolphin story, Gus.
Speaker 2: Can you what, man?
Speaker 1: I'm thinking of a solution, but I don't. You've got a very interesting, compelling dolphin story you might want to show.
Speaker 2: Did you not hear what I said about the stats? It's an interesting thought that somebody you have to have purpose in life.
Speaker 1: It makes happiness happen. I still don't have a purpose.
Speaker 2: No, never, No, you have a purpose to annoy me. Well well done, then, miss, here's what I'm going to say. Elin and Edland folks. One percent commission rate, you give him a call five nine, nine, twenty eight hundred. It's the owner he sold that outfit sold one half of all the one percent deals last year. I'll tell you they know what they're doing, and these things sell fast, and you're going to get what you want, and you keep your equity in your home. Edland and Edland one percent commission rate five nine twenty eight hundred. Call the number.
Speaker 1: Shady Rays, Shady Rays. I know you're getting tired of me talking about color rush. I don't care. I put my color rush on today. I've been running for over two that's the type of glass. The color rush is the part of the lens, and I put them on this morning, and all the colors when it's sunny out just so much more brightened, vibrant. It doesn't get old. You're gonna love your color Rush lens. Maybe you're a golfer. Check out the Greenwolf series. UH still support the University of Louisville fighting Cardos. They had a great year. Go by and get your U of L. So I'm glad. It's gonna be football time before you know it. Kentucky, they have you covered too. But here's the best part. I love all thirty three pair of my Shady Rays. And I'm not kidding. Here's the best part. If you lose them, if you scratch them, if you break them, they replace them. They're idiot proof and I'm an idiot. You're gonna love your Shady Rays in the Oxford Center. Online it's Shady Rays dot Com realing in the years next then after that we're talking Monster Trucks.
Speaker 2: By the way, we're undefeated until now you screwed it.
Speaker 1: We're four and oh now we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Be No, we're gonna finish it up. Gus, bring it on, bring it News Radio eight forty whs.
Speaker 1: This is me on guitar. Don't watch them. Yeah now I'm really watch me, really kicking in right now watching.
Speaker 2: Oh baby, it's Monster Jam weekend, Freedom Hall. Monster Trucks are back. It's one of the more popular events we do every single year. Sales out, man, so you better get your tickets. By the time we get through with this interview. We're going to tell you the information about it. I'm sitting right to my left is the driver, Baby Tyler. You drive a grave digger that's about as big as it gets.
Speaker 4: How you doing, man, I'm good man, And the coolest thing about this weekend is is being in Freedom Hall because I remember watching Monster Jam and Monster Trucks when I was little and seeing the videos and it was in Freedom Hall. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean it's one of the one of the only venues we still go to that it was around when I was a kid.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about that, because this is the only job I wanted. It's seven years old. I knew one to be in radio, but man, there's really not a clear path to it, and there's only so many slots in your town at radio. It's the same thing with monster trucks. When did you know you want to be a monster truck driver? And how the hell do you become a monster truck driver?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know, my grandpa bought me my first off road truck when I was like eight years old.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Was Uh, I started to yeah where where? What part of the country?
Speaker 1: Iowa? Iyoha?
Speaker 4: Okay, I still live there now, but yeah, there was an off road park out there, and the owner of the off road park said, yeah, as long as your dad's with you, I really don't care if you drive out here. So I was eight years old, seven, eight years old driving a S ten Blazer on thirty five inch tires.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic.
Speaker 4: One thing left to do another and uh, you know, my dad always helped out with monster Jam when it came to town, and yeah, I just kind of met the right people. And eventually Adam Anderson, the oldest son of Dennis Anderson, the guy that created a Grave Digger, hired me to go out to their grave Digger shop and run a ride truck. So give people rides all day. And it's basically in a conoline van.
Speaker 1: Big tires.
Speaker 4: Okay, but that's what I did for the summer. So I gave people rides, and basically when I turned eighteen, Adam kind of got me my job.
Speaker 2: So he's got like a Captain America. Look what's that game, Captain America? Evan?
Speaker 1: Uh do you all know? No one knows actors.
Speaker 2: He's got. And what I'm saying is the man is very very very very very very good looking.
Speaker 1: Good luck's successful.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying monster truck drivers should be mongoloids or you know, crazy looking, but you were fantastic.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you. Stay away from my wife, Tyler. All right, so h but how do you parlay that into driving? Because one thing to give rides when you go on these monster truck jams, we're talking about these monster trucks do backflips So how do you go from giving people rides to backflips?
Speaker 4: Man? Yeah, I mean so basically when I started, they were just starting up this thing they now call Monster Jam University. Uh. Tom Mens drives Maximum Destruction, lives in h Illinois, has at his house at training facility. So when Monster Jam is first kind of looking at if they want to hire you're not. They're going to send you there see what your your skills are, and not necessarily like go out there and kill it skills, but like do you have truck control? Do you have throttle control? Those kind of things. I went there, did that for a couple of times, and then basically like I had no time there of being taught really and I got thrown to the wolves. It was my first tour January of twenty sixteen, driving a truck called Blue Thunder almost and yeah, I mean after that, I just kind of self taught. After that. I mean, they're going to teach you the basics steering the rear tires with the toggle switching.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is where I'm going.
Speaker 2: So the truck isn't a truck, it's set up to drive different. All the wheels turn right, so you can do stuff like popping the clutch and you can go whoo and turn it completely the other direction.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there's no clutch.
Speaker 1: They're automatical.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like a semi automatic basically like a semi automatic.
Speaker 1: Foot Okay, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Okay, but basically the front steering runs off a steering wheel and then the rear steer has a little toggle switch. Yeah, basically when you turn it though. So if I want to turn left, I bump that toggle switch left. Yeah, when I left, let my hand off that toggle switch. The retires come back straight by themselves. Nice, so I don't have to worry about it, you know, right coming back straight.
Speaker 1: The pain in the ass to drive one of these things. Imagine, what have you ever had Have you had a big screw up where you just totally almost die total or almost I mean, because I know seriously you do backups vertical it did you ever screw up? Thought?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, Honestly, I get more mad about like messing up when I'm trying to do something on purpose than I do when the trucks, because, like you know, monster trucks are kind of made to wreck.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day.
Speaker 4: That's what the people come to watch, and you know, you want to be that reckless abandon out on the track. But when I'm trying to do something that I messing up, that's kind of more of an O Man moment than than anything else.
Speaker 2: What tires are those? Are those tractor tire? Are those just specifically made for monster trucks?
Speaker 1: They are?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yeah? And what's the cost one of those tops?
Speaker 4: I want to say they're like two thousand dollars a piece.
Speaker 1: Say this the suspension, these damn things must be twenty grand, because how do you know you're cracking and a half.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we actually run two shocks per corner. So there's eight shocks on the truck and they're all nitrogen filled shocks. And I mean not only that the tires. There's only twenty three to twenty five pounds of pressure air pressure in those tires. Say what but realistically, like those tires also work as shocks as well, right, I mean you wouldn't want to run a truck with just tires in the fox by any means. But they're they're definitely off.
Speaker 2: The shocks and they float.
Speaker 4: I know, actually, you know what, there was a there was a team that did it like four years ago, right, and they do still float. No, okay, because back when, back in the day, when Dennis floated Gravedigger across the Kurtuk Sound, that's what they didn't weigh twelve thousand pounds. Yeah, somebody, somebody here the last couple of years tried it and they did work.
Speaker 2: So we're run out of time, so I want to make sure we get the ticket information and everything.
Speaker 1: You listen, it's Monster Jam Tyler. He's the driver for Grave Digger. Big deal. But h it's Saturday tomorrow, uh March twenty second, seven pm. Pit party opens from four thirty to six. We'll talk about the pit parts that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll have there's eight trucks there, eight drivers.
Speaker 4: I'll be parked out on the track and if you have a pit party ticket, you can come down on the track. No go see the trucks, get in line, get our autographs, pictures from they.
Speaker 2: Get the kids down there dirt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: Sunday it's gonna be at two pm. Pit party from eleven thirty to one pm. One last question before we get you out.
Speaker 2: Of here, he wayman, how do we get tickets? What's website?
Speaker 4: MONSTERGM dot Com.
Speaker 1: There you go. So okay. You know in Nascar you see pits get in touch, getting fights every once in while. Does that ever happened with you on because I would imagine tempers flair sometimes it does.
Speaker 4: I mean tempers are different with us. So like we're more of like, you know, let's make sure the fans get what they came for. You know, they're paying their harder money to come watch Monster Trucks. Yeah, we want them to see all eight trucks compete. I'd rather beat somebody while their trucks one hundred percent than you know, have somebody not make it an accomptition and then claim a win. So basically, like, even though we're on different teams and stuff, we all help each other out behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: How loud is it?
Speaker 4: It's pretty low. Definitely grab your muscle.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, me to get you, and I'm sorry we didn't. We ran out of time. But listen, Tyler Casey, thank you so much. Don't miss Chester Jam Yep, it's tomorrow's Saturday and Sunday. Freedom haul baby, yep, great Vigor. Listen I hope you kick truck of sources ass launster jam dot com.
Speaker 2: Go check them out and get your tickets now. It will sell out. It'll be a lot of fun. Thank you guys for coming here.
Speaker 1: We have hanging out.
Speaker 2: Unlimited Landscapes Unlimited Landscapes. First, we're gonna buld a pool in your backyard. These guys, I've known him since I was a teenager. The owner Steve Butler, since I was fourteen fifteen years old. He's running this business for thirty years. He's got the best architects and best designers to do whatever you want in your backyard. It is why go on vacation when you got that in your backyard. Let's invest in your own property. Go with Unlimited Landscapes Unlimited Landscapes dot com.
Speaker 1: Uh try no, try Statemen's Health dot com. Listen, guys, it's the weekend. Weekend is made for a whoopie? Or is it? He's your little guy letting you down. You know what I'm talking about ED? If it is suffer from ED no more. I don't care. If you're on these where you are on the spectrum, maybe you're starting to show signs of ED. Maybe you're full unaffected. My friends at Try State Men's Health, they're gonna take care of you, and they're gonna do it risk free. Hear me out on this. Ninety nine dollars that's your appointment, but man, it's worth it. You get lab rock done, you get your blood results back within thirty minutes or less. You're sitting down with a license medical professional. They're gonna explain all of your numbers, your PSA, your testosterone, the works. But here's the best part, the risk free part. Then they'll go give you a test dose. If the test dose doesn't work, your ninety nine dollars is refunded immediately. But chances are it will work because they have a ninety percent success rate at treating ed at Try State Mens. So if that's the case, just apply it towards your treatment. Should you decide to join, you're gonna love it. Get back in the bedroom, get your confidence back. Do it with Try Statements. Go to Try Statements health dot com stick around eleven o'clock hours straight away after News News Radio eight forty whas