Speaker 1: This is later with Lee Matthews the Lee Matthews Podcast. More what you hear Weekday, Have to Do is on the Drive.
Speaker 2: You know him note most as the architect of the Contract with America back in nineteen ninety four. Since then, Newt Gingrich is an historian, Fox contributor and author for the New York Times bestsellers Beyond Biden, Rebuilding the America We Love and Trump The American Future, Solving great Problems of our time. Mister speaker, welcome the big question. How did the polls get it so wrong?
Speaker 3: Well, I think they keep trying to force us back into a world that's disappearing. The fact is that there is an underlying shift towards Republicans away from liberal Democrats. It's been going on for a good while now. And I think there's a a guy named Seth Kesser who just studies voter registration and pointed out that in every one of the swing states, every single one registration had gone up for Republicans and down for Democrats. And he just said the idea that you have this underlying pattern, sort of like a glacier, just steadily moving towards the Republican party, and that that's not going to have an effect. And I think the polsters tended to often want to ask the wrong questions. And two, my hunch is that Republicans are less likely to talk to pollsters. But it's very hard to get a poll of Republicans because in fact, they are very very disinclined that they don't trust the polls. And one guy, a friend of mine, his brother, got a polling question, went through and answered every single question is always for Trump. And they said, at the answer of your voting point, he said, I'm voting for Harris. And my friend said to his brother, why did you tell him that? I said, I just want to mess with their head.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, that's the other thing. I think Republicans and conservatives don't want to say they're voting for Trump because they don't want to get shot at.
Speaker 3: Well. I do think there's a there is a continuous media suppression. When you look at the most one sided, dishonest news media coverage in my lifetime, which is what the last month was like. Yeah, if they had had a neutral news media, I suspect that Kamala would have lost by ten to fifteen points. But they did everything they did there's a study that ninety percent of her coverage was positive and ninety percent of Trump's coverage was negative. And that's a total disservice to the American people to have your news media sell out and basically become just a propaganda arm.
Speaker 2: Do you think the news media as we know it is done?
Speaker 3: I think the podcasts and talk radio and people on substate back and all the different things that are emerging in there's a great new article about how Baron Trump, who's you know, I think the nineteen now, was guiding his father on which podcast to do in order to reach young people. And you know, when you go in Joe Rogan and the last number I saw was eighty million bus suspect us higher. Now, when eighty million people tune into a three hour podcast, you're really having an impact. Of course, JD. Evans did the same podcast, and now I got two blocks of three hours being listened to by tens of millions of people that dwarfs network television.
Speaker 2: Newt Gingrich is with Us, a former Speaker of the House, also best selling author of the New York Times bestsellers Beyond Biden, Rebuilding the America We Love and Trump The American future, solving the great problems of our time. I saw it too, mister speaker, when I noticed not only the early voting numbers here in Oklahoma, but also the early voting numbers elsewhere. And I thought to myself, when people when this many people vote early, they're motivated, they're empowered, and they want change.
Speaker 3: You know, people have talking about how the Democrats are going to have this great turnout mechanism. And I was reminded of the story of the ad agency that had a crisis meeting because they had a client who was not able to sell their product, and they were brainstorming and turned out to be a dog food product, and finally one of the guys broke in and said, guys, the dogs don't like the dog food. They won't eat it. Well, the problem for Commona was she wasn't competent. She was too far to the left, and you could tell watching her, and you say to yourself, we live in a dangerous world. We have a war in Ukraine, or war in the Middle East, the Chinese and the Communists threatening Taiwan. Do we think she's capable of being commander in Chi And people just say no, Well, then you go to them and say why don't you turn on and vote? And they say, are you crazy? So what was happening was a significant chunk actually shifting to Trump. He did better with African American males and any Republican history. He did better among the Latinas. He got forty six percent of the Latino vote, highest in history for a Republican. He got the highest Asian American vote. So things were moving and they were moving away from her. And when that happens, if you don't have a message, and you don't have a messenger, there's no mechanism that can turn people out to vote.
Speaker 2: Mister speaker, a new Gangritch is with us on the drive. One of the things that I was also surprised about. It seems to me that the Obama heights that are behind the scene and have been running not only Obama's administration, but Biden's administration and now Kamala, they're usually sharper than this. They usually have a better idea than a Kamala. What do you think? What do you think was going on behind the scenes here with the Podestas of the world.
Speaker 3: You know, I had a friend one time who talking about Reagan and the people who had advised Reagan, and he said, you know, when Jack Dempsey was the greatest fighter in the world, the guys in the corner of the handle and thought they knew a lot about boxing. The fact is, when you have a Ronald Reagan, when you have a Donald Trump, when you have a Barack Obama or a Bill Clinton, their sheer talent makes the people around them look really good. And by the way, I'm not taking anything away from Susie Wilds or Chris Losovita or that entire team. I think they may have run the most impressive presidential campaign of modern times, but because they were doing it against the media. I mean, the great thing Obama had, of course, was the media loved him. They adored him. They did everything they could to turn him into a national figure and to hide his weaknesses. So I think that's part of what's going on. But I also think that they had bad policies. The bad policies had produced bad outcomes. I told people when they had the first presidential debate that I didn't actually care what happened at the debate because the next morning, people go to the grocery store and get mad yep, and then they get to fill up their car and get mad, and by the end of the day they'd be so mad at the Democrats. Whatever happened today would just disappear, would be around, and that's exactly what was going on. People just you know, you'd see a news story about our legal immigrant raping a five year old on Long Island and you'd think, you know, this is just sick and it has to stop.
Speaker 2: That's pretty much what I told our Senator James Langford last time I spoke with him. I said, your grocery receipt is the best advertisement for a Republican ticket than anything else. Mister Speaker knew. Geningrich glad to have you on again. Go and look for his books Beyond Biden, Rebuilding the America we Love and Trump the American Future, Solving the great problems of our time. We thank you for the books and for joining us.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to Later with Lee Matthews, the Lee Matthews Podcast, and remember to listen to The Drive Live weekday afternoons from five to seven and Iheartsmedia Presentation