Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's Tim kays.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're enjoying this beautiful Easter Sunday morning. You're a world champion Los Angeles Dodgers fifteen and seven on this season. Yesterday in Texas, they had their four game winning street come to an end. Today on this Easter Sunday, the Dodgers look to rise again and take this series against the Rangers. Tyler Glass now on the mound. First pitch from Globe Live Field. This coming up at eleven thirty five. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, who's got some good news on Blake Trinan and his MRI on his sore forearm. We'll preview today's pitching matchup with Tyler Glass now on the mound. David Vasa, We'll check in throughout the show. We've got your Dodgers Magical moment. Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson on the field in Arlington, and just a few minutes, we'll send it out to the Gallpa Motors broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: Game one of.
Speaker 2: This series had a great pitching matchup. Game two yesterday also equally as good. Rokie Sasaki and Nathan Evaldi on the mound. Sasaki would go six innings, allowed two runs on two hits while striking out four to give up a two run home run in the bottom of the third as the Rangers jumped out to the two to nothing lead, but that lead was short lived. In the top half of the fourth inning, Mookie Betts a lead off single. Next batter, Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 3: Here's the two to oh.
Speaker 4: Freddy swings, he said, high on the ear right, fielded deep.
Speaker 2: This bols hooking toward the pole.
Speaker 4: It has clear hen Gun.
Speaker 5: Freeman lets one thigh, his fourth of the season, ties the game at two.
Speaker 2: Freddy Freeman goes zep Yeah. A lot of Dodger fans at Arlington. That tied the game in batters later, Michael Conforto as single to center. Two batters after that, with two outs, Max Munsey, so.
Speaker 6: Now Conforta in position to score with two outs. Can the Dodgers break the tie three and two. The count on Muncie. The pitch hit in the air.
Speaker 5: Right center field, going back toward the ranger bullpen. This ball is gonna hop over the warning track, hit into the bullpen. It's an RBI ground rule double for Muncie and the Dodgers take the lead.
Speaker 3: And the Dodgers don't score.
Speaker 7: If there's not the air because it would have stopped Conforto at third base.
Speaker 2: Dodgers will take it. And they had the lead three to two, and that lead went all the way to the bottom of the ninth inning. Kirby Yates, the former Texas ranger, on in relief, and he struggled a hit by Smith. Two batters later, Dahley's Garcia a walk off home run. That was it for the Dodgers as they get walked off four to three. Kirby Yates gets the law end the blown saved. Roki Sazaki was in line to get the win. He went six innings, allowed two runs on two had struck out four through seventy eight pitches, pitched very well. The Dodgers bullpen after that was really good, with Dryer Phillips, Vesia Aliver, Kirby Yates got into trouble against his former team, and the Dodgers have their four game winning streak come to an end with the loss. Are now fifteen and seven on this season. Today, though, a chance to win this series in Arlington. With Tyler Glass now on the mound and with more, we head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Guys, all right, tim, one more to play here in Texas and mo. It looked like the Dodgers were they going to take the series on Saturday, and then you know, baseball happened, as it will to any in every team. Sometimes the ninth in it can get away from you. We talked about it during the broadcast and it proved to be true. The last three outs are the toughest to get.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, the most difficult.
Speaker 7: We've mentioned the last three indings are tough in the final three outs, and unfortunately, the fortune of the Dodgers that turned around within seven pitches in that ninth inning, and it.
Speaker 3: Was a strange.
Speaker 7: It was a strange inning from the standpoint that you get Kirby Yates that came in and in that ninth inning he's got Josh Smith down in the count zero to two. Then there was a slider that was hit down the right field line that went fout, had plenty of home run distance. In fact, Bruce Bochie, the manager of the Rangers, came out and said, look, we would like an umpire crew review of that. It was a foul ball. Den he winds up a ball away, there's a double, and then on a one to one count there's just a bad pitch and bad results of Garcia hit the whole run. So seven pitches into the ninth inning, it changed from a victory all of a sudden, you're looking up, they're celebrating the Rangers art as a loss.
Speaker 6: The Dodger offense look just three runs. And their productivity on the road has been much different than that at Dodger Stadium, which is why they're off to this five and five start away from the ravine. And again, that five and five record does include the two games in Tokyo, so you know, you know, outside of the Japan series, they're actually three and five domestically on the road.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then it took until the third inning of last night's game before the Niners even had their first base runner in the game that was a single and that runner would be stranded. Then Freddy Freeman Tysa with the two run home run and RBI double, also by Monthsly in that same fourth inning. But the offense has been sputtering at various times. We saw a couple of games ago the bottom part of the lineup was really coming alive. But overall not a bad ballgame defensively again, but it just the fortunes just didn't turn around.
Speaker 6: You know what figures to help the offense the return of sho Hey Otani. I suppose we buried the lead today as Otani will draw back in into the leadoff spot.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 6: Will Smith having caught the first two games of the series. Austin Barnes will start behind the plate bat ninth. Andy Potjsk gets a blow as well, so Miguel Rojas for action for him in a while. He's starting at second base. But Otani, let's see if that Dad strength's real. He already had enough string?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he may. He may be joining the ball club to try and get some sleep.
Speaker 7: Because you mentioned in last night's Bowl game you have good luck, dad.
Speaker 3: Because it's gonna be a whole new world. And what a wonderful world. It is no doubt about it.
Speaker 6: So show hey O'tani his first game as a dad, Game three of this three game set for the Dodgers against the Rangers.
Speaker 3: Gonna try and take this series.
Speaker 2: All right, Thank you Nelly. As we count you down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor Ordier Shaky's Pizza Chicken Mojos right now, that's Shakys dot Com. We're off and running on this Easter Sunday. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear the manager Dave Roberts. We'll check out with David Veasse. He's gonna go one on one with former Dodger reliever part of the championship team a year ago. Lives in Dallas, was visiting with the team yesterday. Brent honeywel Junior. That's coming up. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup up next to you Otani. Rewind and we'll check in with Kirsten Watson live on the field in Arlington. Because we lead you up to Dodgers and Rangers. Happy Eastern Dodger fans, First pitch coming up eleven thirty five. I'm Tim Kas's World Champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Lorono Casino, Dodgers On, Dodgers On deck y'all on the official home of.
Speaker 4: LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rangers on this Easter Sunday. Tyler Glass now Tyler Mally the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at eleven thirty five.
Speaker 9: This is the Otani rewhy Well showy Otani did not play in Friday night's game, did not play any yesterday's game because of.
Speaker 2: The birth of his first child. Him and his wife announced the birth of their baby girl yesterday on social media. Congratulations to the Otani family on their new addition show. Hey has raced back to Arlington and is in the lineup today this series finale against the Texas Range.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Hey Garson now joins us from the field and Arlington. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seventy seven Cars for Kids right now, Friendly agents standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car Today and Today show. Hey O, Toddy is back Hereston.
Speaker 10: He's bank and his wife Amiko welcomes their beautiful baby girls. She's healthy and that he's ready to return to work. So he's back in the line of coourse, satting lead off and he is someone we've learned. There's so much aboutument last right now year and a half about how he can really compartmentalize different things, and so when he's on the field, his focus is very much that. But this time it comes with something a little bit different, and a lot of talk has been on dad strength. Is he going to return with Dad shrink? He obviously already has just oponic strength, which is say in itself how he hits the ball. So are we going to be seeing like one hundred and twenty off to that? Maybe we're gonna find out today. But the big question, husband, is Dad's strength real? And I thought the perfect person to find out more information about this because Dave Roberts said that he had felt it in the game before. I asked Evan Phillips to his son bo. Today's actually his second birthday, and when Bou was born, Evan was away from the team from quite a bit because he actually was born early and so he was in the nicko and when Evan had to leave his wife live and bo to come back to work, you know, he talked about just some of that challenges with that, but also knowing how strong his son is and how he was going to be keep going. And so for him, I ask, is Dad's strength real? He said, when you on the field, he hasn't experienced it just yet, but off the field is that he felt like he just leveled up in new ways that he could ever imagine. And so I have to imagine that Showhy is also experiencing that. But hopefully we'll get to see them on the field act as well.
Speaker 2: In that no doubt, we hope the show he can come back and Flexo's muscles with the Dad strength. Kirston, we appreciate it. We'll check you with you after the game still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We'll check it with David Vett, say, but I'm next. We'll get you an injury reporte we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Robbers. It's the Dodgers and Rangers on this Easter Sunday. First pitch at eleven thirty five. I'm Tim Kasies, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Easter Sunday as we lead jump to first pitch in Arlington, Dodgers and the Rangers, Marongo Casino Resort and Spa and Grand Slam for good times. First pitch coming up at eleven thirty five.
Speaker 4: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report presented by UCLA Health official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Blake trying in had him MRI on the right forearm. Good news, and has come back as just a strange Blake snell on the iel with the left shoulders sort us Moron Blake coming up with David vass In just a couple of minutes. Tony Gonsolin working his way back. He's in Triple A Oklahoma City. Looks like he get one more minor league rehab start before he gets activated. All right, Let's head back out to Arlington and check out with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 3: Any answer.
Speaker 2: Questions for Dave?
Speaker 3: Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Robberts.
Speaker 11: I'm happy to know he's here preparing for today's game. I know he got in late last night. I exchanged texts with him, so it's good that he's back having having a healthy baby and we'll catch up later.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but it's just one of those things, just how Kada talks about the other day with him being in to departmentalize so many things, and just how he's so quickly turned back to his job first.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean it's like I think in paternity you get three days. But for him to just make sure the baby was healthy and to get back here and to be a part of this certainly shows his ability to balance life and work. Good to have him back, and most importantly, I'm happy him and Mamico have a healthy baby.
Speaker 3: Girl.
Speaker 12: It's been an incredible weekend for pitching. How are you hoping to see Tyler dis continued, Yeah.
Speaker 11: You know what, I think that the last one was a good one. At home, gave up the homer late. But I think for me it's just kind of getting Tyler to continue to just manage you emotions. The stuff is good, Philip the strike zone. With this talented lineup, you're gonna have to mix and match your sequences, but you know it's not going to be linear. There's going to be some stress, and just kind of continue to manage that and make pitches and go as long as you can.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts down to the duggown talking about Tyler Glass now and is certainly the return of show. Hey, O Tani, will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with David Vase as we lead you up to first pitch on this Easter Sunday, Dodgers and Rangers from Arles. I'm Tim Kains's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is MA Wrongo Casino, Dodgers on dech on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: This and Dodgers and the Rangers final game in this three games said, it's the Tyler's on the Mountain, Tyler Glassdow Tyler Maley. First pitch from Globe Live Field in Texas, coming up at eleven thirty.
Speaker 4: Five, Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 13: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 4: This is Dodger insider David Basse, all.
Speaker 2: Right, David Blake Trying and Dodgers looks like they dodged a bullet.
Speaker 14: Right, Yeah, that's what Dave Roberts told me earlier today. And I actually spoke to Blake Trying in the dugout before Dave came out and spoke to the media. He was in great spirits and very relieved because you know, he listened to his arm when he was warming up in the first game of this series. If you would have come into the game and try to push it, it might have been a devastating type of injury that would have required elbow surgery. But as Dave Roberts said, they dodged a big bullet because Tryna basically pulled the parachute cord and said, you know what, this thing's not responding even after a week. And so it's basically, like Dave said, a strain of the forearm, and certainly they can avoid surgery at this point and just rest and conservative rehab is going to hopefully get Blake Trenning back by the end of the season.
Speaker 13: So there's no timetable.
Speaker 14: The Dodgers, as you know, tim slow played and are extra cautious because they have their sights on bigger things than just games in April, May and June, and they have the depth to compensate at least for this time period, to be able to allow Blake trying to get his arm better and ready to go for the stretch run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's only late April. Still plenty of baseball all ahead for this Dodgers team and for Blake trying to David is driven by Ford. If there's one name he like, its choice is fine yours with the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid all electric toughness mark can only be called F one fifty. Jock Peterson having a tough go at it in Texas, David, Yeah, you know when you.
Speaker 14: Talk about a slump to start the year, you never hear about things to this extreme. Jack Peterson, the former Dodger zero for two yesterday with the strikeout, has started the season three for his first fifty six. And even more alarming is that Jock Peterson is only hitting under a hundred against fastballs. In fact, he's only hitting zero thirty three against fastballs this season, and I guess there was some fan group here in Texas that was trying to arrange a standing ovation for Jock Peterson in his first at bat yesterday. A lah what Philly did organically for Trey Turner in his first couple of months in Philly. But I gotta tell you, I'm not sure if the memo was put out or if anybody read it, because there was not much of a standing ovation or any reaction to Jock Peterson coming to the plate yesterday. A sorry, Ranger Nation doesn't have as much power as Dodger Nation or Philly fans. You know, it's just not that type of fan base here.
Speaker 2: You don't say, Blake Snell, what's the latest on snell Zilla?
Speaker 14: David Oh, I'm glad you asked Rick Monday, and Steven Nelson been pestering me all day asking me what's going on with snell Zilla. He threw again today from about one hundred and fifty feet, he told me. In his last bullpen session he was hitting about ninety two miles an hour. And you know, there's a perception out there that Snell does not want to go on a rehab assignment.
Speaker 13: Couldn't be further from the truth.
Speaker 14: He wants a rehab assignment because that's where he could really test to see where his shoulders at and really get fine tune before he comes back.
Speaker 2: David Gray Stuff will check back with you in just a couple of minutes. Coming up here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on de DV will sit down with Brent Honeywell Junior got his World Series ring this weekend visiting the Dodgers. Will dive deeper into this pitchy matchup. But I'm next your Dodgers Magical Moment on this Easter Sunday Dodgers Rangers. I'm Tim Kass, World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rangers. Tyler Glass now Tyler Malley. The pitching matchump first Fincher Globe Live Field in Arlington, Texas. Coming up at eleven thirty five.
Speaker 15: Who wants.
Speaker 4: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to June eighteenth, twenty fifteen, Dodgers taking on the Rangers at Dodgers Stadium. They need an americle on that day, but they just needed a walk off bok Hernando's dancing off third.
Speaker 13: Add up Balk and the game is over.
Speaker 16: Ke k Hernandez dancing like a radio city rock Kat upset Keela. The Dodgers went on a fault old charity happily accepted.
Speaker 13: There is no complaint from the Dodgers' side.
Speaker 3: It wasn't pretty.
Speaker 4: They will take it.
Speaker 2: You get in a baseball game in many ways. A walk off boch was not on my Bengo card that day back in twenty fifteen, but the Dodgers will take it as they beat the Texas Rangers back in twenty fifteen. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs, Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffey hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in on Rick Monday and we'll get you your prize Pigs double Play of the Day. As we leave you after first pitch on this Easter Sunday, Dodgers and Rangers. I'm Tim Kasis World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Its Morongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Lead you up to Dodgers in Texas Rangers this Easter Sunday. Tyler Glass now Tyler Malley. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at eleven thirty five.
Speaker 16: Got him with the two for one hard shot to third, droves the second on the first.
Speaker 3: Double What series.
Speaker 4: This is the Price Picks double play of the Day.
Speaker 2: Join me and millions of other baseball fans playing daily fantasy sports and prize picks. Just download the free Prize Picks app and sign up. Use the code go Blue Go blue to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. They're gonna give you fifty dollars go blue when you sign up in Price Picks. You love watching baseball, Play daily fantasy sports and prize picks. It's easy. You just pick more or on at least two players for a shot to win up two thousand times your cash. Whether it's strikeouts, RBI's first an he runs, you pick more or less at Prize Picks here are my two picks for the day. Freddie Freeman one and a half hits runs and RBI's combined. I say more more than one and a half hits runs and RBIs for Freddie Freeman. Tyler Glass. Now more or less four and a half strikeouts. I say more four and a half strikeouts for Tyler Glass. Now join me again at Prize Picks. Use the code go blue Prize Picks, run your game.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bass saying, here's la Dodgers broadcast there and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 12: Rick.
Speaker 14: In the baseball world, they like to call this the rubber game, not the rubber match.
Speaker 7: You know what, the people will never understand that was take two because you mentioned rubber match to begin with. There is no match that's you know, that's tennis, Okay, TenneT. This is baseball. It's a rubber game. So we'll get we'll get that out of the way.
Speaker 13: How big of it.
Speaker 7: I like your spirit anyway.
Speaker 13: Thank you, Rick. It's Easter Sunday, Happy Eastern used to.
Speaker 7: You and everyone else as well. And the Dodgers laid an egg last night in the ninth inning, so you know it's one of those things that does have. Baseball is such to me, it's mesmerizing at times what happens. I mean, come on, you have a one run lead in the ninth inning, and seven pitches later you're losing. The game's over. It's it's a lost game, and it doesn't take long. That's why, you know, Steve and I were talking last night. There is no such animals an easy ninth inning. I don't care what level baseball it is, there's no such animal. And we saw evidence of that last night. And for the Texas Rangers they were very happy, and for the Dodgers not so happy. And by the way, congratulations to Bruce Boche, who now takes over sole possession of seventh all time managerial wins number two and eighty four. You will not get number eighty five today because we're gonna kick, as you know what, right.
Speaker 13: That's right right past your former You're gonna.
Speaker 7: Make feeling when you're when you're down on the field with the players, if they're really enthused, because because I know I saw a few of them yawn this morning.
Speaker 14: No no, in the clubhouse, they had the music blaring. Kershaw had a lot of energy to try to pick everybody up so good. Certain guys feel that vibe and they try to overcompensate for just to get everybody's energy hot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, you know, it's like going to work. Not everybody's one hundred percent every day. And how about the surprise at show, Hey, Otani, the new Papa is back in town and he's in the lineup tonight.
Speaker 13: Yeah, funny enough.
Speaker 14: When Dave Roberts met with the media, he said he still had not laid eyes on Otani, but he was aware that he was in the building.
Speaker 7: Well, we have confirmation he's in the building. And Steven Nelson saw the new Papa.
Speaker 13: He saw Tani, and Dave Roberts did not see him.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, we have more connections than what the scripper does. But I will tell you this. We mentioned on the air that the new Papa is going to discover a new way of life, which is probably fewer hours of sleeping, and it was noticed that he was one that did exhibit a yawn Briefly.
Speaker 13: I can understand that, totally understandable. You know, today's only.
Speaker 14: The eighth time the Dodgers have had Messa's, Otani, Bets and Freeman in the same lineup this season for various different reasons, including the birth of his first child.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, so that works out.
Speaker 7: Speaking of Freddie Freeman very quickly the two run home run yesterday to tie the ballgame up. Interesting note actually in the Dodgers magazine their Dodger Insider, and you know, you look at Freeman this year, he comes in his career average exactly three hundred, and that gets.
Speaker 3: Overlooked many, many times.
Speaker 7: According to Baseball Almanak, there's been twenty thousand, seven hundred and ninety players to appear at least in one at bat or one inning in Major League baseball beginning this season. So Freeman has just won of twenty players in that category of two thousand games played, three hundred career home runs, one thousand RBIs, one thousand runs, and a batting average of three hundred.
Speaker 13: Good chance we see him in Cooperstown. What did you say?
Speaker 3: There's a real good chance.
Speaker 7: The other part too, is you know of the twenty seven hundred and ninety according to the Baseball AMANAC when a baseball gone under wade this year, you know, it's less than ten percent of all major league players who have played in the Major leagues to be able to have ten years or more longevity.
Speaker 14: We'll see whether or not Freddie Freeman stays hot. He's one of the hottest hitters right now.
Speaker 7: Yep, and they need they need him to get hot. We want, as Dave Roberts says, a happy flight to Chicago sounds good.
Speaker 13: Rick Monday knows all about the windy city. We'll see you over there.
Speaker 3: Rick, Okay, pob We'll check in with taking a tour tomorrow, right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, riverboat tour, architecture tour. I'll let you know what I see.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you'll probably get halfway. Yeah, watch off of the Chicago River. There's been a few guys that have never come back.
Speaker 13: Oh man, don't put your guys out on me. Send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, All right, thank you guys. Happy Eastern for both of you. Dodger fans. Start your future to California Community college. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the red It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, so en roll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll preview this pitching match up. Rick, We'll be back with Steven Nelson and get you those keys to the game before first pitch. But up next high and tight with Brent Honeywell Junior Dodgers Rangers. First pitch at eleven thirty five. I'm Tim Kasi's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio that one.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Lean you up to Dodgers and Rangers on this Easter Sunday. First pitch coming up at eleven thirty five. No better time to go out and pick up. Since Zen She handcraft and sushi, enjoy the game with the quality affordable meal the whole family can enjoy on this Easter Sunday, zen She hand crafted sushi made fresh onside daily by professionally trained sushi chefs precision passion tradition. You can taste tuna rolls, spicy tuna, salmon, timpurra shrimp. You got the mango crunchy dragon roll, the poke bulls bind Zen She near the deli counter at Ralph. Zen She hand crafted sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 1: David, and now what will likely be vest fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 4: This this high and tight.
Speaker 14: We are with one of my favorite guys who meant so much to the Dodgers in so many different ways during their postseason run.
Speaker 13: And that is the one and only and there.
Speaker 14: Is only one, Brent Honeywell, Brent, thanks a lot for the time and great to see you out here.
Speaker 15: Thanks for having me. Good to see you guys. Hell y'all, talk to y'all.
Speaker 13: Yes you're talking to David.
Speaker 15: I know I was a little bit under the weather.
Speaker 3: Yeah you were.
Speaker 15: Darn. I've felt so bad all off season two about it, but.
Speaker 14: No way, nothing to feel bad about your world champion and the Dodgers surprised you champions.
Speaker 13: You did all the work.
Speaker 15: I was along for the ride. Well, nobody better to have along.
Speaker 14: Thank you appreciate it. Hey man, I knew the Dodgers were going to surprise you with the ring. You had no idea, no clue, no clue.
Speaker 8: I wanted it on the field but hadn't worked out just yet. But I'm glad I got it now.
Speaker 13: So I'm sure that was the last thing on your mind when you showed up today.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it kind I mean it kind of was because I just it was good to see the guys, see Dog, see the pitching guys and.
Speaker 15: Everybody that it took to win, like win one.
Speaker 11: I mean.
Speaker 15: Going having some time to think about it and talk to friends about it.
Speaker 8: Like all the experiences are cool, but something that you can't do with it is like you'll never get rid of it. You know you're feeling but now, I mean ultimately now I want another one, But no, I just know how how hard it was for all of us in here. It's when Clayton went down, Glass went down, and it's like you see, like you finally understand like what it actually takes to to win.
Speaker 15: It takes.
Speaker 8: Every person, every fan, you like, it takes us all to take us all to win it.
Speaker 15: So I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 14: It was such a special run, unprecedented type of run where you only had two and a half starters, but the dogs in that bullpen, including Brent Honeywell, saved the day.
Speaker 15: Hey, you know that's what they say, We saved the day.
Speaker 8: But these guys can hit, man, Yeah, these guys can hit big leagues.
Speaker 15: Isitn't easy?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 15: But these guys made it easy on me. I felt like, and no, I'm oh a lot to everybody that was in this clubhouse, and it was good to see him.
Speaker 14: What was your reaction when you saw the ring? Did you know that it opened at the top? What did you feel?
Speaker 15: I knew it opened because I seen it on social media, but.
Speaker 8: I wasn't expecting to get it here because I didn't tell anybody that I was coming except one.
Speaker 15: But he's a I guess he ratted me out. Yeah, he ain't a good way. But no, I mean, it's just a the jersey. The jersey is the one that I really liked.
Speaker 2: The jersey.
Speaker 8: But like I said, man, you know, it was good to see the guys. It's good to see the bullpen guys, to see everybody in there. Man, I mean it means a lot to me.
Speaker 15: Man. I mean it just you know, more, you into moresh you into the game a little bit. You know it entered.
Speaker 8: And the cool part about it is is when you throw fifty pitches in one inning in the World Series, you can get a record etching stone right now, Yeah, but you get intertwined in the sport for eternal like you're a turtle man.
Speaker 15: It just is what it is. I mean, there's only one man that's.
Speaker 8: A turtle, but it makes you its journal in the sport, and you get intertwined and and and I think, which is the greatest game in the whole world.
Speaker 14: So, Man, you meant so much to your teammates. I think that would showed today just how much I know how much they mean to you. But it's beautiful to see that they haven't forgotten how much you meant to them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, and that's just you know, I told them in there, I can't I would have never been able to do it without that group.
Speaker 15: And you know, these guys, these guys are that mean a lot to me.
Speaker 8: Man, I think about them every day. I watch them every day. And you know, it's just I watched baseball.
Speaker 15: But you know, you got you want to see. You want to see.
Speaker 8: You want to see all your friends and all your boys. You want to see them all produce and be a good ball club and be a good team.
Speaker 15: And but the main thing is, man, is being a good teammate.
Speaker 8: I learned that my dad, my dad, my mom, my brother, like they've made me the teammate, I am the person I am, friends, the league. But it's team of special man obviously, So it takes a special.
Speaker 15: Team to be the best in the league. Tough team to beat.
Speaker 13: And you're the ultimate teammate.
Speaker 14: You'll sacrifice for your teammates, and that's something you can't measure.
Speaker 15: I will, and I mean I'll do anything to win a baseball game that day.
Speaker 8: I'll do anything to win a baseball game one hundred and sixty games from now, and I'll do anything to win a baseball when it counts.
Speaker 15: And just give me the ball, you know, hey.
Speaker 14: One thing nobody can ever take away from Brent Honeywell is a world championship. A world champion. Brent Honeywell has been our guest. Great to see you, and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Speaker 15: I look forward to seeing y'all every day.
Speaker 13: Man there he is everybody's guy with the Dodgers. Brent Honeywell.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, guys. Great to hear. Brent Honeywell Junior. One of the good guys in baseball that will literally do anything asked to win a baseball game. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers' audio broadcast win it's group day, it's game day, and Shaky's or lead you out to first pitch on this Easter Sunday Dodgers in Arlington to take on the Rangers. Up next, we'll break down this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kasi's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio, Newhork.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Law Dodgers and Rangers on this Easter Sunday. First pitch from Globe Live Field in Texas is coming up at eleven thirty five.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Is it about your Southern California Toyota dealers work hard and play hard at a New Tacoma with an I Force Turbo chart engine. It's a truck built for the bulls. He your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Tyler Mallley has made things look easy this year three and oh with a sub one era thirty year old right hander a Westminster High School here in Southern California, ninth season in the Big Leagues, came up with the Reds and the Twins. Now his second season with the Rangers, fastball split finger the occasional slider, making his fifth start last time out, six shutout innings, three hits, nine punchouts in a win over the Angels. He's facing the Dodgers for the seventh time in his career. He's two and three with a four to fifty five r Last time he faced them, though, was June of twenty twenty two. When he's with the Cincinnati Reds. He is going up against another Tyler. Tyler Glass, now one and oh with the four eighty five Eer, a thirty one year old right hander at a New Hallhart heighth school, tenth season in the big leagues. Making his fourth start this season last time out, six innings, two runs, three hits, seven punchouts get a no decision against the Cubs on Sunday Night Baseball. His lone win this season came at home against the Braves in his first start, when five shutout innings while striking out eight. He's facing the Texas Rangers for just the fourth time in his career. He is a perfect three to zero with a sub one RRA against them. He last pitched at Globe Live Field. How about this in the twenty twenty World Series against the Dodgers with the Tampa Bay Rays in that series zero to two with a ninety six four ERA. So it's the battle of Battle of Tyler's Tyler Glassnow and Tyler Malley Dodgers and Rangers on this Easter Sunday. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. He's to the game our next don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kats's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Leading up to Dodgers and Rangers final game of this three game set from Arlington, Dodgers a day off Tomorrow in the windy city of Chicago, and then a brief two game series against the Cubbies on Tuesday Wednesday before and another day off on Thursday and returning home for the next homestands the Battle of the Tylers Tyler glassnow Tyler Malley. The pitching matchup in this series finale is the Dodgers look for the series win. The first pitch coming up at eleven thirty five. Before that, let's head back out to the booth. Steven Nelson, Rick Bunday.
Speaker 4: Guys, Tim Kates.
Speaker 6: Fans starting to trickle into Globe Live Field for this series finale for the Dodgers and Rangers. It's been a great atmosphere, sell out crowds the first two games of the series. Each of the games split. Last night or yesterday, I should say, a walk off home run for Adulis Garcia off Kirby Yates. But the Dodgers are going to bounce back with Tyler Glass now on the mount and Shohei Otani leading off Rick Monday. But Tyler Glass, now, he did this multiple times last year when the Dodgers needed him to step up and pitch him to a win. He did it in twenty twenty four, uneven to begin this season. No better time than now to get it wrong.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and hey, pitchwell if you look good a week ago today and that was at home against the Cubs. Yes, he gave up a couple of home runs, those were both solo Johns and he left the ballgame after six innings with the score tied at two. And unfortunately, the bullpen could not hold it, but we're maybe seeing a different Glass when he takes control on the mound. It's been incredible, and especially against right hided batters who have hit oh five, Oh that's right, they've not even hit a dollar's worth against him.
Speaker 3: And for Glass.
Speaker 7: Now, the home runs that he gave up again both solo in the last Sunday, the only two home runs have been hit against him so far Tyler Glass. Now, the walks have been a surprising issue for him this year. I mean the first couple of starts, free passes issued eight times in the first thirty three batters face that's a twenty four percent walk rate. Now, he was better, much better in that regard the last time out, only one against the Cubs, but he did give up a couple of home runs. So, you know, after a really tremendous spring where he looks sharp in that new delivery, that revamped delivery, the athletic delivery that he had been working on, it just looks like he's not comfortable and in rhythm, and it looks like he's doing what he said in spring he didn't want to do mo and that's thinking about it a lot. When you're changing things. The first thing that happens. You become mechanical, whether you are throwing a baseball and they're trying to hit the baseball, and the mechanics a have to go on to the backshelf and you're not going to reach that comfort level until you have done it often enough where it removes the thought process as you're doing it.
Speaker 6: So you have Tyler Glass now an La County native for the Dodgers, and then Tyler Malley, an Orange County native, starting for the Texas Rangers. It'll be Malley against Otani, Betts, and Freeman to start things off.
Speaker 3: That is in a matter of moments.
Speaker 2: Back to you two, all right, thank you guys, final game of this three game set. Dodgers looking for the series win and again can't say it enough. Show hey Otani is back. Him and his wife welcome in a baby girl over the weekend, and he has flown back to Texas to join this Dodgers team for this series finale, batting the lead off as your designated hitter. The Big three Otani, Bets and Freeman, just the eighth time this year that the three of them will be in the lineup together batting one, two, and three. Tay Oscar batting clean up, Tommy Evan batting fIF Michael Conforto batting six, Max Mounsey batting seventh and third base. Miguel Rojas playing second base today, batting eighth and doing the catching for Tyler Glass. Now is Austin Barnes batting ninth. First Pinch is next from Globe Live Field in Arlington, Texas. When the game is over, I'll be back with all the postgame festivities on this Easter Sunday, including Dodger Talk as well.
Speaker 3: Enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Happy Easter, Buddy, Dodgers and Rangers is next. I'm Tim Kasey's This the World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network