Speaker 1: Time for Rocknews on one oh one one w JRI, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One O one one dou w JRIR.
Speaker 2: Rocknews brought you by Rock the Bank, our first thousand dollars cash giveaway of the day happening right now. It's it's floating out there for someone to snag. The keyword this hour was green gr ee. And what should you do with said keyword?
Speaker 1: Taco? Go at WJRR dot com. Little box pops up says rock the bank, and you type that word in there and try to rock that bank for one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Let's begin with the wildfires in relation to rock News here this morning. The battle continues against multiple blazes. This morning is windy. Conditions are not only happening, but will persist throughout today and perhaps into Tomorrow's going to be a dicey twenty four to forty eight.
Speaker 1: Hours or so, and it's ramping back up.
Speaker 2: These fires have affected people from all walks of life. You know, some folks you know, Oh, it's just the glitzy la people. No, it's not it doesn't discriminate when it burns your residence down.
Speaker 1: With the burnt up local stores and stuff, you know, mom and pop stores.
Speaker 2: Churches, you know. Live Nation has announced Fire Aid. It's a benefit concert for all of the Los Angeles fire victims. It is going to be set for the Into It Dome in California on January thirtieth to help rebuild the communities that have been impacted by these wildfires in LA. The plan concert is described as an evening of music and solidarity. All the proceeds from the concert will go towards supporting displaced families, advancing fire prevention technology, and rebuilding infrastructure. Performance as well. Performers as well as ticket information will be announced in the coming days. A couple of musicians who have volunteered info about their private lives. Adrian Smith, guitarist for Iron Maid, and he and his wife had their home burned down. In fact, had some pictures of what's left on our jar Facebook page. They had thought, like so many residents there, that for a little while, we're gonna be okay, it looks like and then all of a sudden they see smoke, and then all of a sudden it starts to really get intense. Then all of a sudden they're told you need to get out now, which they did. Larry Lalande, guitarist from Primus, his house also burned down. And it's just I think most of us, safe to say, have never seen anything like this. This is just it's surreal. It is it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: And remember, like Pat said at the beginning of that, you're these are normal people as well, you know, small business owners. It's just it's it's heart ranching. So that's cool that Live Nations stepping up like that, because you know, with them running all these concerts, they're gonna have a hell of a lineup.
Speaker 2: Metallic is All Within my Hands Foundation on the scene for a situation like this. They immediately kicked in half a million dollars for Los Angeles fire relief. Good job, Metallic and All Within My Hands Foundation. Scary moment for Non Point drummer Rob rivera Sunday night as he was rushed to the hospital as the band was finishing up there set in Louisville, Kentucky. Rob had a sudden shift in heart rate that sent his heart beat dangerously high and I resulted in him being hospitalized. Non Point vocalist Elia Soriano shared a video message in which he offered an update on Rob's condition, saying that tonight was pretty wild here in Louisville. Thanks to all the fans that hung around and stayed. Rob is going to be okay. He is in the hospital now getting some additional test on his heart rate. Gut a little bit high today on stage, but and this has never happened before, so I hope you guys understand. We had to cut the show a little bit short, so which obviously the fans didn't. We wish Rob the best and his recovery is non Point was just getting their tour started.
Speaker 1: Just for those that are that are thinking of Pat. Just so you know, the proper pronunciation Louisville Louisville. You gotta say vol That's what I said. I thought he said viill Louisville, Louisville.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, speaking of music and fires and all that stuff, did you get to see the performance before football last night?
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 1: I just looked up her name because I didn't know her name, but Rachel Platton did a really uh do you know that this is my fight song? She did that and it was all about, you know, standing up against fires. It had people in tears.
Speaker 2: MTV yesterday announced the release of Eric Clapton Unplugged over thirty years later. If you recall the MTV Unpluged sessions, Clapton's ninety minute special, uh was absolutely one of the biggest ones ever, you know, some thirty years ago. It's going to have a limited theater run here in the United States on the twenty seventh and twenty eighth, and then it'll be available to stream on Paramount Plus with additional footage being added. Thus, Eric Clapton Unplugged over thirty years later. It's going to feature exclusive content of Clapton discussing the inspiration behind specific songs and performances with the crew just before he took the stage. And this is all seamlessly integrated into the existing performance footage. Dude, I remember well when that came out, that song in particular, of course, about losing his son. I was also working at Peaches the music store. My god, we could not keep that in stock. Oh, I'm sure it was you and about something flying off the shelves. Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: That unplugged performance is stuck in my ingrained in my head.
Speaker 2: Billy Joel had been scheduled to play January seventeenth at hard Rock Live in Hollywood. That show was mixed because of a medical procedure that Billy had to undergo. He is now rescheduled the show to November first, So if you were planning on going, just know there is a makeup date. It's gonna be later this year though, same location, har Rock Live in Hollywood, but November one, and again. Billy says, sorry for the inconvenience, but he had to go and have some medical stuff he take care of. Hell, it's important. Bill. This is kind of random. Four Non Blonde remember Four Non Blondes their big hit What's Up? Uh huh. They are set to reunite for their first show in thirty years. That will be at the Bottle Rock Festival in Napa Valley, California, later this year.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: Linda Perry, the vocalist, she's all big into putting positive energy out there and stuff. One of those types. She's like, I've put this out to the universe for twenty twenty five and it's listened and it's happening, and you know she's.
Speaker 1: She's thrilled with that, so so good for them, Just go up there and sing good for them? What's going on? I remember that?
Speaker 2: And then there's this little nugget. It looks like nine Inch Nails is going to tour this year. In fact, I guess they were set to announce the tour. Information they decided to put a hold on that while all of this, you know, the fire stuff is going on. Some of the dates actually did leak. So I don't think I'm violating anything here, but rumor has it, okay that September tenth, Emily Arena and Tampa may be one of the dates when they officially announced the tour, whatever they get around to doing it, all right, allegedly, I'm saying, just you know, we just share the news with you here Rock News, all right, We'll have more for you as news warrants.
Speaker 1: We double JR R nows