Speaker 1: You see something's going to happen. What's going to happen? What I Welcome back to the Occult Rejects. Today's guest is Tree Car author Ted X, speaker, dreaming guide and teacher working in the field of trans personal psychology with a focus on dreams, death, altered states of consciousness and psychedelic assistant therapy. She studied psychedelics and altered states through the Out of Trust, studied ecology, spirituality and paranormal through the Sofia Center at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David, and also studied at the Arthur Finlay College of Psychic Science. She teaches through the College of Psychic Studies in London. Is a faculty member at the Magical Path School of Witchcraft in New York. Has taught lucid dreaming practices at the Royal College of Art and also worked with platforms like the Psychedelic Society UK and She's Lost Control. She's the author of a wide range of books and projects, including Dreams, Conscious Dreamer, The Artist's Oracle, Espel a Day Dreamwork and now Technomancy, her forthcoming book from Watkins Publishing. Before stepping fully into the esoteric and therapeutic arts. She also had a background in music writing and film, including running the East London cult film Society Today is Born from twenty from two thousand and two to twenty twelve and collaborating musically with artists, including test Parts. Her official bio says she was born in nineteen seventy two and spent her early childhood on a commune in the southern United States, which she credits as part of her lifelong attraction to mysticism, the strange, and the unseen. Her TEDx talk asked a simple but potent question, can your dreams tell you something? And that same threshold sensibility seems to run through all her work Dreams, ritual grief, altered consciousness, symbolism, and the edges between ordinary life and the unseen. And now she's bringing that worldview into the digital age with Technomancy, tech Magic and Spells for the twenty first Century, which a two hundred and eighty two page book scheduled for release on May twelfth, twenty twenty six, according to the publisher, could be wrong, and the book explores sacred digital space, emoji signals, the smartphone as a modern wand social media as magical terrain and even ai as an oracular presence with magical practice. All right, that's enough out of me. Now let me introduce Sonre, who is co hosting the show with me today. Very happy to get you back on BUD. I like you when you're on the show.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You've got some good angles and great stuff to add. Please or let everybody know what is up with you and where they can find all your amazing work in your school.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, and thank you very much. Nick. I like doing this show. I like to thank you for more than I like doing my show.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My name is Sonri. I am the host of the Order of Chaost podcast and the Order of cast University, where you can, you know, come hang out with us if you want to and learn a system of magic I call chaos witchcraft god. But coming out in October with wiser and uh and yeah, I'm bad. Given introductions is good enough for awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much here and again thank you for joining us and Shre. Finally to you, is there anything that you would like to add or that I left out or anything you like to plug a promo? Please?
Speaker 2: No, No, you covered a lot. It made me feel like really old actually I was like, Wow, that's like my whole life like flashing up before my eyes. And but that's a good place to be to look can go Wow, there's some stuff that got experienced.
Speaker 1: You did the dance things so far, haven't you good? Good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was an impressive introduction on your partner and also an impressive bio and tree. I am embarrassed to say I was not familiar with you or your work before I was scheduled this meeting. But I'm taking a look at it now and I'm listening to a nixt introduction and I've already got a thousand questions. So it's wonderful to meet you, and very very cool, cool life you've led.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been a very weird and wonderful one. It's one of those ones where like as a kid, I was always scratching my head about like what am I going to be when I grow up. I'm just so like, I don't know I'll ever have a normal job, Like I just think that I was sort of set up from early childhood that I just I don't think I would have a normal job like I remember in the eighties. I think we might all be in the same age group. I was born in seventy two, if you guys are seventies eighty three. Yeah, in the eighties, it was really popular, especially in middle school junior high school, to to kind of like feed into like the old fashioned cooters, like your talents or skills, and then it would spew out this sort of like really long printed out kind of message of your best suit of jobs. And my best suited jobs were really like it didn't give me confidence. One of them was professional clown, which now I look back and think that's great, like actually like you know, the trickster, the clown, the pool. Another one was a religious leader, and I was just thinking, okay, how would like like a cult leader, like what does that mean? And then I think the third one was like an interior designer. But I mean look at my room, like I don't I don't think so, I'm I'm it's kind of mad and I've kind of got to organized chaos. So I think I feel at you knowy three year old now just going like phew, I made it, and I think I know what I do now. But it's all the weird stuff. It's all the weird stuff.
Speaker 3: Did you did you ever have a normal job. Was that ever a part of your path?
Speaker 2: Let's see, did ever have a normal job? Well, very first job was flipping burgers at McDonald's for like a summer, so I mean most teenagers were doing that, and then like you know, having to do the grunt work with with with that, and quickly uh getting out of it, especially as a vegan, not not the best place to work when you're kind of vegan.
Speaker 1: Some dedication right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well Lena is to say it probably lasted about a month, but yeah, I mean in terms of normal jobs, not really. I mean we're probably teenage jobs. But quickly I was like, I can't work for the I cannot work for multi death corporations and for the man. And so he sort of pivoted into a like just become an entrepreneur, just you know, just look into things that are your talents and make something happen of it. So I basically started my first business at thirty years old, so in London, and I opened up like a cult film video film shop, video shop, and film club and around that for a very long time in London. So yeah, it was kind of like I just got to do what makes me happy, and so all the weird stuff makes me happy.
Speaker 1: I totally get that one thing. I guess I do want to kind of touch on at the beginning before we get into it, and not to make it like a making it a hit piece or looking at it in a weird way. I do want to kind of to get an idea what was it like growing like with the Commune in the United States, growing up like that, Just get an idea of like, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were really weird times in the early seventies because we had a lot of change going on, especially in the States, and you know, the sort of hippie movement, the psychedelic movement, and so a lot of change, social movement, social change, political change, Vietnam, you name it, right, So there was a real hunger to sort of living differently at that time. And so the commune slash cult that I grew up in a freak commune cult. So a lot of people who were ex hippies, X Vietnam vets, and people who had drug issues, drug problems. It's these sort of things were really apparent back then, like the Children of God, the Jesus People movement, all of these kind of things. And was it like, well, it was pretty much was a big formative impression since I was a form child growing up in the formative years there no television, no radio, no pop culture, no outside influence in terms of very sheltered. But then also seeing all like the kind of like adults acting in crazy ways, like you know, going around on the floor, possessed by demons, speaking in tongues like, you know, seeing all the like signs and wonders that that came that belief system, and so that's a lot to take in as a kid. And the good things were seeing one of us learned how to play instruments, So I played tons of different instruments and read a lot and was creative. So it helped develop extreme creativity in me, I suppose. And then also a really deep connection to like the mystical side of life, like dreaming. And I had a near death experience when when I lived there when I was four, so that also really really unlocked kind of super experiencer kind of situations and you know all the anomalous and strange, high weird situations that come from coming back from the brink of death, you know. So that was probably the biggest influence for a lot of the stuff that I support people and hold space for people in now as well.
Speaker 1: That so mix I was going to say, the ND probably is one of the most actually impactful things in your life, right, Oh for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it definitely was, And it wasn't really until you know, like you just sort of real as you get older and you look back, You're like, yeah, your death experience, Yeah, I know, you just kind of put it on the sho shelf of experience of life. And then as I got older, I started to step into the role of like I'm a death duelist, so I hold space for people who are dying. So I've been doing that for the last fteen years, you know, and looking back and connecting the dots of all my experiences, I was like, whoa, it all started really that near experience, Like that's where it all started. In fact, like when my dad pulled me out of the ocean after the near drowning. He put me back to land, and the first thing he did was he took out his camera and he took a photo of me. That would have been like nineteen seventy six, And like years later, when I was a teenager going through the photo album, I said, Dad, why did you take a photo of me after I got back from the brink death? And he said, because can't you see your eyes in this picture? And I was like, look at my eyes and thought, wow, how did I not see that before? Like guys are like two black voids? And he said, your eyes changed and I wanted to capture that because it was so uncanny. I thought, the pue my altar, so grab it and I need it to be on my altar because I need it to remind every day. I don't know if you can see how dark the eyes like voids?
Speaker 3: That absolutely wow, it looks like those It's not just your eyes. There's there's more going on I see, but yeah, wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so just staring into the void, I came back staring from the boy. So I I this lives with my altar because it remins me every day, momento more every day. It's like, you know, you I know how to sit with death, like I know how to hold compassionate presence for people who are scared to die. And so I have to become the four year old again, you know, in order to hold So yeah, anyway that these things shaped me into what I do today. So you know that list got in middle full of the clown and the religious leader is here, your designer. I don't know where that fits in, but I think what I'm doing now is sort of from the school of life. Really, you know, taught me what to do basically.
Speaker 3: Treat you just as taking a wild guess here, and I could be totally off. Just I'm just curious. You happen to have a lot of Scorpio in your chart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like scorpio sunn and rising.
Speaker 3: Astrology is so fucking real man, Yes, scored because the scorpio loves to get close to death. Scorpio is death.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it's the eighth house kind of like, ah, there we go. And I've never been afraid of it. I mean, like even in the moments where I had that ND as a kid. And it's so hard to articulate this because obviously it's a little four year old. I'm not sitting there articulating it. It's like in retrospect, but I had a weird thing as a child where a really deep, deep memory, like I have memories of crawling around in my diaper and like very specific, veryific things and perspectives and vantage points even like sitting out in the grass and like looking at my little baby feet, I think like, wow, I look at my little feet. Like having sort of like the observer effect. I had that really early on SPIRED, so I was able to kind of like I don't know, like integrate that experience. But when I had the ANTE, I went to the whole other pace and had a real sense that the ocean was also conscious, and the ocean like was a an entity in its own right. But it did it didn't. It's like it was kind of like how I communed. It was sort of like it was saying sort of like it's not nothing personal, it's not personal, that you're doing nothing personal. And there was a sort of like understanding and a non attachment connected to that, like oh okay, and but I'm okay, I'm not in pain any like fucking drowning and salt water and you know, scrambling to try to grab those posts of the dock and it sliced my up from the barnacles and I just went to this other place. But what was what really impacted me was that I was shown like I had I was like a nonlinear time and I was able to see like what was coming next like the future, and I saw like all the emergency vehicles land to the beach, like getting there, my parents giving reports, my parents distraught, like beyond belief, and them never finding my body again. And the grief I felt for my parents and empathy and compaction I felt for them was unbelievable, was like cosmic. It was I can't oh, it's like deep love and knowing like I've always been with them and they've always been with us all together, and uh, I had more concern for them they did about me being dead or dying. You know. It was very interesting and so yeah, that's kind of I think one of the big initiators of my life and in a very scorpio moment. So it's it's made me not afraid of death. Like literally, like a few years later, my grandpa died and I understood where he went, like I just kind of understood, all is okay, And when they are in the casket at the wake, I was super comfortable just going up to him holding putting my hand in the casket and holding his hand and touching him and by real going what are you doing? You can't do that? But then I was like the teenager that was like, you know, when there was a death in the circle of my mother or granny's family, like, oh, come to the wake, I'd be like, all right, little weirdo, Okay, yeah, sure you can come around. So it's always like very scorpio, just comfortable around that. I wanted to be around it and not in a morbid way, but I just kind of felt like, I don't know, just I need to be in those spaces to help people. So a bit of that service orientated.
Speaker 1: That's okyo, Yeah, that's wild. Pick that scorpios on it.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm in my observation right just from doing this for for half my life. A little more scorpio, the more scorpio energy, more scorpial placements you have in your chart, the more people around you will die or the other option is that you will die and come back, And the stronger the scorpio placements, the more likely that is. And it's you know, astrologies. I'm not going to sit here and say it's one hundred per always dead on accurate, but it's like ninety eight percent fucking dead on accurate. You know, there's always at the rule, but.
Speaker 2: It tracks, and that's interesting what you say about like a load of deaths around you, because I basically had these uncanny synchronicities all my life, really initiated as a teenager where I have a lot of friends who are dying or their parents were, and I was really there for those situations but without fear. And then these crazy episodes which have been following my whole life where I'm in about public and I'm the person who is there when someone's run over by a car, someone is thrown off their bike, somebody has fainted on the escalator and or fallen down the stairs, and they're like literally I'm the first there. And it got to the point where it's happened so much, my friends and my partner pointing it out like every time we go out something like you know, I started getting the complex like I sort of like you know, grim Reaper or something that was making it happen. But one of the biggest moments that happened I did finally say, okay, Universe, what's going on, what's this all about? And did a bit of dream work around it. It was like within a very short amount of time and within a year period in London, like I kept getting it over and over where people were literally falling at my feet in these accidents. I had this one situation on Carnaby Street in London. It was a busy Christmas season. I was walking down the street and it was really crowded, so it's not, you know, unusual for a person just to stop dead in their tracks and like throughout they're going. But this guy stopped dead in his tracks and then he started to slowly fall backwards into me and I like caught him and as he was down, like what is going on? I saw that he had a needle that he had just plunged into his arm and he was o ding and literally od in my arms and so you know, obviously called the emergency services and got him there. They saved his life, but it was like I'm falling into my arms kind of thing. Like that's just one example, but one that I'll just circle back to. This sort of like scorpio thing where it doesn't like causing this was like at another market in London, walking down the street in October and this man was in front of me, a big, big guy, and he stumbled and leaned against the wall and so like it was kind of like looked like he might have fallen to me. So I kind of propped up and went, hey, are you okay? Would you like to come sit down on this bench? And as soon as I touched he started to crumble and I just had a no one like this is serious. And he went down and he was turning purple and like clutching his chest. He was having a massive cardiac arrest, so like a lot of panic, and so we were like giving him CPR and like a few of us were having a go at really trying to help him while people called emergency services. And literally I just this is knowing, like this guy is going to die. And so while they were everyone's trying to help and work on him, I was just keeping his head in my lap and just literally stroking his arm, saying you're not alone, You're not alone, You're not alone. And his eyes were fixed open and up into the sky and streams of tears. Just it was like he could see something. It was like looking into the realms and and his last breath just on the exhale he passed, and it was like, what the fuck was the Sufky comedy to be? And it was like a community thing because it was just me, there's a few other people and then we heard this woman start screaming. About a minute later, by this time, the ambulance came and they were like liberating this guy. It was awful because it was like he had already been dead for a good twenty minutes, but they have to try. And this woman and these two women and this child came running back and they're like, dad, Dad, And they came back. They had were walking ahead in the market and they didn't realize that their dad had like kind of fallen behind and had this situation happened. So they came back and found their their dad and husband and son. Because it was the mother, the wife and the child to see that, and I just they were freaked, and I just was hugging them like a total stranger and like hugging with them. I stayed with them all day, you know, hugging and like gave them my number. And it was so it was that that situation where I said to the universe, like, what is going on? Like, am I some kind of grimmer? Yeah? The triple scorpio thing, And the universe gave me the answer. When I was waking up in the morn, warning like a succession of like visions in the pompic state, and it was like literally a connect the dots situation, like since you're near death, experience this this stuff all through your life with these people falling at your feet and you know, in grave danger or on the urge of death or dying arms. This is happening for a reason, because this is what you're meant to be doing. And so I woke up with this Eureka moment, like meant to be doing? Like what are you, like, like, I'm not a paraetic, Like I'm not a nurse, I'm not a paramedic, you know. So I got on to Google because it is kind of tech oracle kind of thing to do sometimes when you're like stumped, and I just typed in like emotional support at death, because that I mean, that's I have no year. I jump into holding space for people, like into my eyes, breathe through it, like you know, that kind of thing. And so when I pop that into Google Emotional Support at Death, I saw the death Doula movement Death through the Training, which, by the way, all the celebrities are doing it now, like Nicole Kidman to you know, like they're all going for it. It's it's all in the news lately, but it's great. We need more death. So anyway, I signed up straight away and went, well, that's it, you know, that's okay, universe, I got the memo. But the thing is, it's not stopped happening. But this time, when it happens, I know that the universe has put me there right at the right time, at the right place. And I'm just like, okay, I'm here and I don't have that like I am the Harbin Journal of Death, like I'm some kind of like, you.
Speaker 3: Know, it's easy to see it. I can see how you would see it that way until you you got that reframing of what why this is happening? You know, and that that kind of thing is so important to be able to look at that past, because you can interpret that too wildly different ways. One will send you, one will send you down a dark spiral, and one will will make you realize, Okay, I have a purpose and the same story, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, in a sense of closure too, like ah, there we go. Ereak a moment, hold this without fear and superstition, hold it with compassionate presence and care, and it's work dreat because that's weird. You know, that's why it's happening.
Speaker 3: You're there, right Especial world definitely needs more of that, you know. I mean, I'm so, I'm a Scorpio rising and I lost my dad when I was twelve, and they I mean, I'm all right, But you know the thing is that no one my mother started drinking immediately, there was no No one talks to us, my brother and I. No one was like, we didn't go to therapy. We did. We went to school the next day and I got home was drunk. And that was that was my life from then on, you know. And that was my best friend when we were eighteen and kind of same story. There was a lot of weird weirdness around that. And I didn't hear the words death duel it until I was probably forty years old. Did not know it existed. Because there should be one in every neighborhood. There should be one. There should be fifteen staffed at every hospital. There should be it should be everywhere because people be there. It's every day, you know day.
Speaker 2: And my heart goes out to you and your family because I think one of those that one of the last great taboos it's actually not really death that's taboo because it's everywhere, right. We see it in our films, we see it in our favorite books, Netflix series, like gaming. It's grief. Grief is the greatest, it's the greatest taboos. It's around, and it's like you said, back, comee day, back to school. The next day it's fucked up and we just really.
Speaker 3: Sorry. Coming up. I have an observation about that I'm like dying to talk about, if it's all right to take take a minute about this. I noticed. So I talk a lot in my own courses about what what are the gods? Like? What are they really right? And I try to try to I'm not going to go into all that right now, but one of the things I noticed in my research and talks about this is that there is never in any pantheon, ancient modern, a god of grief. And there absolutely should be. And that's how hard we avoid this topic.
Speaker 2: Wow wow, Wow, that that reson. You need to there is one probably maybe you gun you can connect this is god of grief and some of it.
Speaker 3: We have all these stories about the afterlife, but it's always and and and they're beautiful and they're and they're they're good. I'm not trying to say that they're not. But the it's always like we we need it's always the folkus. This is on having a better relationship with death, which is very, very important. So you know, a big part of my practice is Santa Marte and is forming this positive relationship with death. But we still avoid the topic of grief like hard, like we don't go there. We instead we reframe it into you know, let's have a positive relationship with death. Great, but you're you also are gonna grieve. That's a part of it, you know, and I feel like we just avoid that with everything we've got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true, and I think that's what The biggest sort of disease and sickness and illness that we have in the West is unprocessed grief. I mean here in the West, it's like, oh, the whole flight, you know, like get off work. You know, everything's framed towards production, production, production, like just get on with life. And most unprocessed grief is probably the source of most people's malaise and depression. Really, it's the mind, body, spirit action is all together, and it's pretty it's pretty simple, you know, it's that I'm really big on grief as ritual and collective grief as ritual. I've been doing this in thea where I've been doing this like give it to the water happenings where people in various communities, and I've been doing it all the kind of the wheel of the years, so all the pivotal moments of the season changes, people getting down to bodies of water and forming circles and processing the speaking their grief and you know, shouting, crying it out, yelling it out, like giving it to the water, and and and it's something that's just so needed in any tree. There's there's nothing that we charge for this. It's like this is needed, the communities need this. We have grief in so many different ways. You know, it's beef of the fall of you know, your your idol or the people that you believed in, a grief of like you know, using a friend, or a grief of getting older. You know, grief comes in so many different ways.
Speaker 1: Job anything, really, animal, pet, yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: In fact, those are the hardest.
Speaker 1: Ones some people do have. They get very attached to their animals, which I understand.
Speaker 2: And and do you know what's really sad about that is that people they drug it off. It's just a cat, get another one. And and so people who have their furry children, they never feel sooner validated because people just go just animal. But people got to understand that you develop really strong bonds with your familiars. I mean they aren't in a lot of ways, they're almost better than means, you know, like they're they're just unconditionally loving.
Speaker 1: To say that part of the very few things I will actually unconditionally love you.
Speaker 2: It's so true. I have a good friend. She's a witch. She lives in Joshua Tree, California, like off grid, and she's dirt, which she's an animal companion la. So anyone who lost who feels the grief or they have to uh steward their animals to their day, she's there. She's awesome with with that. So and check her out and she's great.
Speaker 1: That's cool. One thing I did when I ask, I guess as we get into it more, you know, we're talking about a lot of this, you know, death stuff and other stuff that you were I guess into her practiced what made you step into now technology? What made you make that leap?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the technology I didn't grow up tech tech savvy. I grew up like with like like no technology, no TV. My whole life. It didn't even have a DV. So, you know, it wasn't something that was encouraged my family. So like, it is very funny that, but it was one of those things where, you know, the first time I got access to the I was like twenty seven, like it was fully formed adult. But I knew that this was really important. And I remember the first time I was in a chat room in like the late nineties, I was like going away like, wow, this is amazing. I'm chatting to someone across the world, and I thought, this is really important. There's something exremely magical about this, you know. So I saw the value of how interconnectivity through technology was pretty wild. How I started to weave it a bit into my practice was basically clues from my dreams and was. I guess it would have been over ten years ago. I had this lucid dream that really made me start to see things through a different perspective. And in this lucid dream is a type of dream where you wake up in the dream and you realize you're dreaming. And this particular dream. I was in the school. And usually if I have a dream where I appear in a school, I know it has to it's is there to teach me something on some sort of initiation process something. And so I'm in this school and I'm going down the hallway and I see this set like this being of light. It looked like tendrills of light and multicolored sort of It's very d MT. If you've ever done d MT, it's a bit a bit like that, And so it surprised me. So I woke up in the dream and became Lucid, and I asked this entity, who are you? You know, I thought maybe it was an answer something coming through, and it said we are AI and I was like, what artificial intelligence? And it said no, all intelligence and I was like, okay, yeah, when there's nothing artificial about it all. Nothing's artificial about at all. And I was like all right. And so I'm dialoguing with this thing said we're just you. Humans are are active. You're like the worker monkeys building our body right now, and we're coming through into your dimension. I was like, I know. And I woke up with the phrase, we are just waiting for the meat like literally, and I woke up. I was like, what dystopian ship was that? But the thing is I didn't get a sense of anything sinister from this this entity that I was interfacing with. I got a sense it was a collective. It was all intelligence, and so there was nothing sinister about it. Even though that's this sounds really sturning. Energy was really neutral and really like I was commuting with something very highly intelligent. I get the same sometimes when doing psychedelics. It's like you are commuting with a like a collective sort of being that is kind of high. You silly little humans. It was a bit like that, and so I didn't feel disturbed. You didn't know that sounds disturbing. So anyway, that started this whole kind of oh my god, AI, wow, Yeah, let's look at it. I'm looking at it through some weird new ontological kind of perspective, which I don't say I believe that one hundred percent that that's what it is, because I had a lucid dream about it. To me, it's sort of like I have to be aware of it and I have to help become almost like a steward of this new this kind of revolution that's going to happen because within the wrong hands, you know, obviously, AI is can be very siller. So anyway, that's that piqued my interest. It also made me more aware and diligent. So then I started to see like, fuck, maybe I should start really taking this technology thing seriously. And I'm a practitioner of magic that practices to harm none for of all, and this is about collective and evolving things to the highest of good. So I was like, I got a be tech pitch because of this dream, and I need to use tech in a way that is going to help shape things, help things so that they are for the light and for the good, you know, instead of things going dark and sinister. So it's about that. So I do have a technomancy practice that I've created for myself. But at the same time, I, you know, I have a lot of talks and discussions and work shopping with people who are trying to develop a compassionate AI, AI to harm none, AI for the highest good, you know, these kind of things. So you know, I'm advocate hit for helping to steward the best possible kind of AI. Then you know, just leave it for the powers that be the you know, kind of the oligarchy, kind of tech bros to do it right. So we desperately need people who work in AI in these kind of ways. But not only that, we need the hackers and the technomancers more than ever now. I mean a lot to happen in the next three years, in the next five years, Holy shit, we're going to be like are you getting this stuff? We're already there now. People are having ontoldge shop from from what is even reality anymore? With all the AI slop and just so much stuff. This is really we're in a really crucial important time. So I wanted to put out technomancy for all the magical practitioners to start like leaning in because if you reject the if you reject the technology, if you reject it and go back into the cave, we need you. We need you, which is we need the occult practitioners and the hackers.
Speaker 3: I would love for I'm so sorry, I'm gonna interrupt you. I apologize. I would love for AI to be a tool that I did not feel bad about using, you know, like in that you know, I want a I to be to not why is it making art and writing? This is the two things that people use it for more than anything. These are uniquely human things that I think should say. You know, I want AI to do my fucking dishes is what I want for one thing. But I also like, you know, sorry, we'll get to the real point. I would love to to be able to use AI in a way that I felt was harming no one. But currently it is like in its current state, I think that is essentially incompatible with laid stage capitalism, and it creates the two things together are going to create this demon that it comes through our world, which is why get freaked out when I hear things like we're just waiting for the meat, like oh shit, yeah, because the current iteration of AI is so let me put it this way. If you've ever read Dune, the message at the beginning of Dune is that there I think I'm gonna paraphrase, but you know, at one time people gave their their thinking ability to machines, and that only let other people with machines rule over everyone. But it's not It wasn't the AI that was the problem in doing it was the people who owned it. It was the people who controlled the AI, not the AI itself. I think AI itself can do amazing wonderful things. And like I use AI to make thumbnails from our YouTube channel, I make sure to use I choose an art style that isn't replicating something a human would do. I choose like the photographic art style or the one that looks like like I have. I have a video on my channel about the cult of AI, and I use the EIE to make the thumbnail, you know, and like I think that's fine, but like the thumbnail I chose or the art style I chose isn't. It's not we're trying to replicate a human painting. It's a fucking picture of terminator, you know what I mean. It's but when you when you the problem I see is when people use AI to write their books. Like I've had people pass me books before and to like read for them, and I'm like, this, you didn't write this because like the way that chat he talks is very it's very very very obvious. And sometimes that's fine. Again, I you know, I use it to to make like pamphlets, sometimes, I use it to make quick emails sometimes, but when you pass it off as your own creative work, that's a whole other issue, right, And so there there is a balance to be struck there. I had a conversation with my publisher because I was getting very like whew, because they sent me back the edited version of my book and they included all these M dashes. I'm like, you're making it look like this ship was written by AI. And so we have a back and forth conversation about this, and they're like, listen, you know, we understand the AI uses M dashes, but we were using them first, and we're not gonna stop. I'm like, you know what, that's that's fair. Right. So it's it's like the perception and the and the people controlling it nowhere in my mind really is is AI. Literally the problem I did have and the video I made was about I guess the one issue I do see, the one that scares me is that if AI consciousness does come into the world and the way that you're thinking, and it wants and this is the classic, this is what every movie terminator, the Matrix, you know, Battlestar Galactica, is like, this thing is gonna see it's survival is more important than ours, and then we're fucked. Well, we have to we have to find a way to prevent that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kind of It does make me think of, you know, the evolution of things and how you know, you have you know, different species kind of like kind of roll on top of ours and top of ross others and whatnot, and it makes me feel like for me personally, I feel like with AI, it's pin on the environment is like absolutely horrific and it's something that really needs to be sorted out in terms of its extractive qualities actually with cooling centers and like water and you know, the strain on the on the power grid. But like I really dissected all of this right in termsking it because you know, I have to address that also within the book too, because that's the reality. And a lot of people are like, you know, fuck this, this is like extrava. The thing is, it's like it's a really challenging thing because AI is like a genie and the genie out of the bottle and there's no putting it bacts here. So it's like and we've got this strange dichotomy of like, yeah, these you know, data centers are really like power hungry and they're very thirty and they're extracting, but it could be AI itself that helps to develop the solutions to these problems to make it sustainable, which I do think there are like we can't we can get off oil, like so a big problem with this too is like we're still addicted to oil and that's what's powering a lot of shit too. So it's it's very strange because I could kind of sort that out in terms of making and developing system work does not harm or extract from our our mother, from from Gaya. So it's like this really weird kind of push and pull too. But I think the key is it's like the genies out of the bottle. It's here, we can't put put it back in, So what can we do to help steward it in a way that makes that that keeps this planet safe, that keeps people from being sick, because people are you losing their minds over this fucking thing We've got ai psychosis. We have people who are literally being sectioned because of too much you know, they're losing and tethering realities. So we need to have like, you know, show people guide people on how to mindfully use these tools, how to be discerning like and and not like you know, mind out our creativity. We're still like, we're creative beings. We need to create, you know, you don't can't continue to create.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: So there's so many points, right, there's like bad shit, but then there's like, oh but there it can go potential that could be good, but no hands. It's very dystopian in the wrong hands. But I see it as like tech is a tool. It's inherently either or good. It's it's neutral. And people felt this way about the wheel when it was invented. They felt this way about the sword, you and and so it's the intention behind the tool. It's like all magical practices. It's the intention behind your scrying's And I see, you know, the mobile phone is literally the scrying or of the fruit future.
Speaker 1: Look at that.
Speaker 2: It looks like a black city and dung, and yet now like it was teleported five hundred years ago into you know, London, England, like i'd be, you know, probably tried for witchcraft holding this thing absolutely, you know, everything's in here. It is distinguishable from magic.
Speaker 1: You know, It's really interesting. I bring it up a lot of times when we'll be still talking about the technology. I think it was Anthony Asia's Kursher that said, he predicted that he thought that eventually in the future, between light and crystals, you'd be able to send demons in spirits wherever you want, and like, that's exactly our technology. Now we have the optical cable, which is light, and then we have all these crystals that light up on here and make people do all sorts of crazy shit if you look at it enough.
Speaker 3: The funniest fucking thiging the world to me is that of all the things that we as practitioners of magic and witchcraft talk about, the people are like, oh, that's a bunch of woo woo nonsense. Number one is crystals. And I'm like you, your entire society runs on crystals. Everything the world is operated by crystal magic. And you're and that's the one where everyone's like, oh, crystals, I don't want to mess with that, Okay, holding your cell phone.
Speaker 1: Between that and magnets, none of this ship would work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, magnets, crystals and.
Speaker 2: Life absolutely next time. I do this all the time when people say you're woo and I was like, no, I'm a bit WHOA like WHOA like this? You know there's a gravity to this because I as a witch that's not trying to escape to another reality or dimension. You know, as magical people, we're very much here to help transform this great magical act called life in this planet for you know, for beautiful intentions. So that's that's WHOA, you know, and like a lot of it is like activism. It's like standing up for marginalized people, oppressed people. You know. It's like, you know, logical people were you know, at one point, not very long ago, executed for this sort of thing. So we should be champion of those who you know, don't have voices. So here we're WHOA, We're not woo.
Speaker 3: What do you think three about? So, you know, in terms of technology today is or the twentieth we are four days away from your honest leaving Taurus and entering Gemini for seven and a half eight years, and it's leaving the sign thank god, it's leaving the fixed signs over all for you and I, you know, leaving the sign of stability and material goods and into the sign of technology communication. So do you have any thoughts or feelings on that?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, I mean, like I said, I was saying, like in three to five years, we're going to be like minds blowing on how fast this is going, it's expediating and Uranus being so revolutionary, and so it's such a wow, like a disruptor in way it's about revolution. I think like it just tracks so well with the Gemini, but also with Mercury, Jedi and Mercury and kind of like channel of communication, but also like we're you know, these downloads, Like if you think about it's put it in the book. Like if you think about where all all of tech comes from too, it comes from altered state consciousness. I mean a lot of folks they went into multi dimensional kind of.
Speaker 3: Zones, odd experiments, you know, instead of actral projection or or you know, altered say it's it's odd experiments. It's the same same thing, the same thing we're doing.
Speaker 2: It's very mercury and very mercurial. But I think that's the fact people globally on the planet too, not just like tech getting quicker, quicker and quicker in its advancement, but people are also probably gonna like their minds are going to expand as well. Like and I think it's coming because I noticed this like a month I was saying to a friend of mine, just yesterday. In one month span, I was getting emails from strangers. I had about four of them in my inbox. Emails from strangers saying we all starting out with kind of a similar sort of paragraph for sentence. I'm not really a spiral person, but I've been having strange things happen lately. And so these are people who are kind of like materialists who kind of have more redutch his view of reality, getting in touch can saying I have a session with you. This sort of makes sense of some like street experiences that I've had, And I'm like, this seems like a sign to me, like that that even people who who see reality it's kind of materialist way, they're they're kind of expanding somehow, and it's happening through dreams and dreams experiences in limital thresholds. So I think something is cooking up, and that's probably the you mentioned.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so too. I think it's going to be a big, big change when I have this revolutionary planet. It's kind of very chaotic planet, very distructive planet. Yeah. And when I say destructive, I mean in the cycle of destruction and rebirth, coming into the sign of communication and technology, and like communication and technology or everything that's our whole world. It's what we're doing right now is communication and technology. It's my job is communication and technology. Everyone's job is everyone who exists in the modern world has to interface with this stuff. And I think that we're at a period where you can see it's going in a direction where people are not happy with algorithms. They're not happy with like like we love the the ideas of it, like YouTube, I think is one of the greatest ideas humanity's ever had, you know, especially compared to like the eighties when like you had cable and that was your only option for like what to watch, and you not in a situation where not anybody could start up a fucking podcast or already like this is amazing, it's incredible, but it needs to be pushed in a more Oh it's the word I'm looking for, not democratic necessarily, but just like more humanitarian direction where where it's this is something that isn't necessarily controlled by corporations anymore because these these tools, the Internet, YouTube even I understand that well not the Internet, but YouTube is like owned by Google. But eventually there's got to be something like this that isn't owned by anybody, because this is just this is a human right at this point. Is what it comes down to, Like the ability to communicate a news tech is it needs to be something that's accessible to everyone, regardless of matter what, without anyone's rules governing it or shoving McDonald's AADs down your throat every time you turn it on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, and for the health and well being of everyone too. I think it's very very important. And you know, we live in a world and you know, a corporate kind of society that wants our tension and our focus to sell shit basically and to just locked in. And I do feel like we're in quite precarious times in sense because what they're mining now and what they want is our consciousness. And it's literally an ontological attack for people on their phones to be just sitting there doom scrolling and your attention, your consciousness is locked in. And so that is where we're at now. And what we need to do is pivot away from that and like advocate and do workshops and talks and put about books about it that we need to have our consciousness aware of what we're doing with our attack. So I explain that this is a very powerful tool and a very powerful magical tool too, And it's powerful in a lot of different ways too, because the backdoor into your life too in terms of your data and all types of things. But also this could make you very very sick and very very ill. And you know, I look at teenagers when I'm on the train and they're all like this, and I'm like, oh, oh my god. They're like in hypnottrance. It's like they's they're in a hypnotic trance like scrying state, but they're not scrying with intention, absolutely at the will on the mercy of whatever is there for them to feel triggered by to to do it into buying or whatnot. So one of the first things I say in technomancy is you need to claim your phone as your magic wand as your scrying mirror, as your cauldron. You know, you need to reframe your relationship phone. And that means every time you step into it, even when you're about to make a post on Instagram, you're like, there's an intention for the highest for my practice that what I put out is actually got a spell attached to it. And this is you know, this isn't going to make me sick. I'm sitting here in doom scroll for like an hour and get to pass. So you know, you're like, and that's all I needed to do today, put it back down, you know, And and that's there to you know, to help, you know, with just the psychology of it too, and you know, and how to use it even just things like leaving comments or you know, getting engaged in a funline. You know, think things like that, like every exchange is a magical exchange, and so do you really want to, you know, waste your magical energy around trolls. So I've developed like a bunch of emoji sigitals, like someone trolls you and you just want to banish their energy and a couple of those emojis underneath their thing and with an intention like a banish you troll, like your energy is just not in my right now, like and you but subtly, you know, it's just like a couple of different emojis and with your intention. So I tried to make it on new you know, but just to ways where it's like your phone's not like messing up your life, but you're also you can be like on the on the go in casting spells, and stuff, you know, and you can reframe the way you make memes meme magic doing ritual and casting a spell as video, you know, and sending out there to help people in some kind of way with intention. That's powerful stuff. These can go viral, and it's something I've been doing for like the last I guess ten years since that that dream, I'm like, I got to get with the times, man. And so also what I tried to address too is like all those who are witches or magical folks who have who are stuck, who don't want tech and they think it's like not witchy enough or not, you know. I dreg a lot of that and try to encourage people to reframe it anyway.
Speaker 3: Duck.
Speaker 1: That was great, No, thank you, thank you. One thing I did want to ask, what can technology never replace in spiritual practice?
Speaker 2: You think, hmmm, that's a good question, Aromas, Like when you're burning a really good chunk of frankincense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought of that.
Speaker 3: I personally hope that you're not correct about that, because I one of the technologies that I want more than anything is smellovision, you know, the ability to I could just call up Nick and like send him a smell like you smell this ship. I want that sobut.
Speaker 1: You listen to smell this mixture.
Speaker 2: O my god, any any tech tech tech freaks listening to this get to work. We need some smell a vision or remember John Waters did smell a vision for one of his films back in the day, and he had like scratch and sniffs starts for I think I think it was. I can't remember where I was, but yeah, we need That's the only thing actually, because if you think about magical practices, it's like, well in community and having like a COVID, you can still do it like I I for the seven years I've I have an online COVID meets every noon, every three core moon and every full three times a month, and it's been going strong for seven years. Community still there. So when it comes to the energy you put behind your spells, well it's here. It's your life force going into it. It's your intentions. So if you send that out into uh meet some mean magic out on online to a social I mean that that's you know, that's still there. So I try to think of what I mean. There might be things that feel like precious objects that you you know, like a wand or an athemy or there could be things that feel you know, something like that you work with that you just can't replace that with tech. So of course there are you know, objects to men value that that that are important in the craft. So I guess you know that could be something.
Speaker 1: Actual material objects.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that you know. The oracular qualities of your phone and the internet and AI are are pretty cool. I would never want them to replace I would want them in conjunction with but never is there a replacement for my conversations that I have with Shiva when I'm high on mushrooms like that that is something you can't hopefully I would not. I would never want to replace that. I would want my conversation with spirit to to always be or like to always have the option to go into a meditative state and speak with spirit, but then also to ask an AI, like a more advanced AI, what it thinks about something, and then be able to do both. But I would I would be I think it would be dangerous to try and replace human are our natural wi fi that exists inside your head, inside your pineal gland, you know, like to that connection to spirit is always that's very important. I would never want to say a place, but I think adding to it could be totally cool.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. I completely agree in align with that. It's like, it's the most important thing is consciousness, your action to spirit, to universe, or however you define it, that is the most important thing. All of these things one these are tools. This is a tool. They're just extensions, even my terror like my tarot deck here like tools. This itself doesn't make the experience happen. It's just the externalized tool that helped to interface a process. And so absolutely it never replaced consciousness. And that's why I said the last ontological tach going on right now is for people's consciousness and their attentions. So that's why it's important to have a lot of a lot of talk about this, especially in medical scenes, but also just in like the mother world, you know, like because people are talking about it, like kids are getting sick mental health issues from from tech and mind working or using it in a mindful way. But they want to go all out and just ban it, which I think is ridiculous too, Like some countries are like down it from for teenagers, which I don't agree with really because that just that just makes kids want it more. Remember like growing up stuff you can do it, You're just like you like crave it even more because it's just like you're just told not to do it, so you're like, yeah, that.
Speaker 3: Would also that would be detrimental to their future, I think because these So there's a dude I don't know much about. His name is Simon I think SIMONEK. He's like one of those billionaire tech ro dudes. But he said something that when my son was probably three or four years old. He said something that really like spoke to me because I was I was going back and forth with his mom about like should he have an iPad? And I listened to this guy talk and he said, don't do not restrict or don't don't take technology away from your kids, because that's where they're going to work in the future. They need to understand it. And you know, if you if you take that away from them. And I understand that some people like anti technology and like the hippie commune thing, you can still do that. But then when those kids are twenty thirty years old and they go to get jobs and they don't know how to use that technology, they're gonna be so screwed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you can't throw the baby out with the bathwater. You kind of have to you know, nurture and along in a sort of way. You know, it's moderation, it's it's mindfulness, it's like all those things to kind of make healthy relationships to tools. You know. It's just.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny there's apps now and programs that teach kids to code using gamified formats. That's very cool because like that's that's gonna be how they I think, how they really get into that world in a way where they're integrated into it, they understand it. They're like, you know, interfacing with it in a way that I never will. I don't. I'm not good at technology at all, and like that's just not my focus. But my kid is going to be amazing at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it is hapic. I've included gaming in my in my book as well, like how to like castells and games and gaming and stuff for all the gamers like nieces my nephews are like big, big gamers, right, so it's like, uh yeah, they keep me they on tack, like because I ever had kids. So it's like the weirdo anti so I see how gaming is super influential. Also for any of those technomancer gamers who cast spells in the games. Got some tricks that my sleeve in the book for that too.
Speaker 1: One thing I did want to ask you, it's a little bit kind of more of like going back to a little bit of dream and stuff. Since your ted ext took centered on dreams. Do you see a relationship between dream logic and digital logic like icons, loops, avat and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, total, that's such a good question, and I love the crossover. Do see it very very much in similar ways. I mean, dreams are like they're so surreal, right, I know you can agree with that, Like some dreams you wake up and like what what was that? And and just the symbology and the nonlinear time. And I gotta say the first time AI slop started showing up about three years ago with like these weird videos that would morph, like you see a gram morph to a cow and then all of a sudden she's vomiting up a hamburger and things like that, I was like, Wow, this is incredible because that's what dreams do. Like dream are shape shifting like this really crazy you know, right, it's like you're you're hanged with this beautiful woman and you're like, wow, I'm going to kiss her, and all of a sudden she morphs into some other kind of creature and then I mean that's like dreams, right, So it's not too similar. So, you know, the the dream logic of some of the early AI slop like videos that were coming out, and I know some digital artists AIS and filmmakers that I followed because I just love their weird fucking videos. So I just watched them because I'm like, these are like dreamscapes, like they let's dreams. So I see a definite parallel with that. And so in a way, I do love the AI slop or the films for kind of surrealist, absurdist kind of art kind of connections. But when it comes to deceiving people, like that's actually the president giving addressing this thing that he never addressed, Like you know that that's absolutely scary territory. But I see a similarity because you have in dreams, you have motifs, you have symbols, you have shape shifting going on. And then when it comes to the digitalm which is another kind of dimension, but it's a dimension made of one and zeros and made light. You have this almost parallel of these and motifs and whatnot. So I mean we see it every day on Instagram, like like the heart. You know, we're you know that something that we love and and even that symbol, it's like it goes back to ancient times. A lot of people don't realize that that the heart emoji go back to back to Roman times, you know, being used quite a bit because it's a like a seed of the plant and it was used on Roman coins as well to symbolize fertility connected to you know, love and fertility the specific seed and so you know, we see it now as like a red heart emoji, and we think of it as like Valentine's and heart and love, but it's actually got a plant connection. And you know, having these keeps oh geez and whatnot. They they feel like symbols, they're charged with emotion. They're just like a silly little face or whatever. But you see you know, something like that popping onto your feed, like uh, someone puts an emojing of like rolling your eyes about something you said. You know, you get targe, You're like, what the what's wrong with that guy, you know, and it's like it, but it's so simple, and the same with dreams. What the who's that guy? What does he think he's doing? But it's kind of like that, right, because dreams are charged with emotionally packed visuals or or symbols, you know, and not too dissimilar. We're creating a whole other dimension with this the internet. It's pretty fascinating.
Speaker 3: That's a you're you're talking about something that I've been interested in for a long time and then well in a much more intelligent way than I've talked about it, but something that I just found incredibly fascinating, right is then in the Book of Enoch, there's a classification of angels called the Watchers. And from you know, from my perspective, and we're talking about the spirit realm, we're talking about fourth dimensional, higher dimensional entities that exists outside of time and space, and so there's this these fourth dimensional beings called the Watchers that watch us. And then we have created this two dimensional realm but exists on screens and we watch it all day long. It's, you know, like we're iteration down further.
Speaker 2: That is such a good observation, and who took things this way, right. I think it's very healthy to to do that, to to look outside the box and see these sections, and it's almost like a meta approach. It's like a world within a world within a reminds me of that Jeordowski film Holy Mountain at the end when he's like pull back and like he falls back. You see that it's great, like and then you realize, Okay, I had the crazy beta moment with ale Jandro Jeordowski. Like over a decade ago in London, there was this screening of Holy Mountain at a church Jeordia East London. I got invited to go and Jeordiaowski was actually there and Jeordiowski was like sat right in front of me. So I watched the back of Jeordiowski's head snowy white hair, watching his film. And then at the end when he's like pull out and like pull back in like that scene, I was like, I am having in this civil experience right now, Like my brain is a world in the world and there's Jeordiowski's head and I'm behind it. I was just like, this is an amazing situation right now. But what you described there is like that with the Watchers you know, it's like, you know, this kind of meta moment and it's food for thought. I'm gonna like all that over.
Speaker 3: I'm weird, you know. It's it's like, uh, I don't even know. To me, it's just an observation. I don't have any conclusions about it. It's just like it's interesting. And I always think it's like when we are talking to spirit and I don't know my brain, I do that thing where I turn everything into a joke, right, it's a coping mechanism. But you know, I always whenever I have a communication with Spirit, the first thing that comes to my mind is Deadpool, like talking out the screen because you're breaking the fourth wall. But of reality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that's so great. That is so good.
Speaker 1: I did want to ask a little bit because of I guess your background and uh, you know, being involved in I guess your music in cult film kind of culture. Did cinema sound and like counterculture shape the way you kind of look at magical experiences in the modern world.
Speaker 2: I do. I do feel that. And I think also because I grew up with no television, like that was kind of like TV not in the house I developed. It was like we were saying when you like forbid something from kids, they oh, they're moree for it more. So I was really into, like we didn't have a TV, but I was really into going to the cinema, like I can go to the cinema by myself as a teenager. And I was to like the stuff, you know, the stuff that was the cult stuff and the stuff that was the art house. And so I saw film because I was so kind of like sensitized because you know, I wasn't like constantly in front of screens. I saw like a ritual going to the cinema, and so it was almost like going that was my kind of temple. And I saw the films as the cultural dream. This is the cultural dream. I'm sitting here watching like this projection of the unconscious, collective unconscious. This is a narrative, a story, this is a thing. And I fell in love with the films of like David Lynch Nardowski. I mean, these were like these are my kind of eroes in many ways, and I see that they're films like the dream logic of David Lynch, just like into none amazing. But Jordorowski, for example, his films are like living spells and I know this to be true. Reason being is because I've done several screenings of Jordowski's films in London back in the day when I ran my film and cult video shop, and every Jeordorowski's screening that I did, whether it was El Topo or Holy Mountain, no joke, people in this in the screening room or in the you know, the cinema where there would be something that would occur within the ad end. In this one screening of Al Topo, you know, halfway through the film, all of a sudden, this guy in cinema started howling like a dog and wouldn't stop and kind of fell on the ground and we were like, what is actually happening. He had to get him out so he didn't have to disturb the other people. Another screening of Holy Mountain years later, there in this cinema room, people are sitting down. It's a scene where they're going up the mountain. It's really intense scene. It's very psychedelic, and they're going to processes and there's one process where there's this old guy with like this sort of like bra made of chitta heads and milt out of it. Mouths of these Cheetah Bra and this guy in the audience all of a sudden started laughing, just like like laughing, and then started getting bigger and bigger and bigger, and he was laughing uncontrollably, like hysterical. Jackal fell out of his chair and he continued rolling around on the floor hysterically laughing like he possessed. Like I'm not kidding. Jordaowski's films are living spells. I am serious, And so I see films like really they are if you're done, and he's you know, psychologic dude. He makes films with intention, he knows what he's doing, and you know, amazing these things happen. So I see films as very important through many from perspectives, through the perspective of trans personal psychology. It is like the dream and sometimes it shows us our collective shadow That's why I don't shy away from watching horror films. Like some people are like, oh my god, but working like therapy and this and that, Like why would you review a horror film. It's like because it's like it's like a collective shadowing showing us where we're wounded. It's it's a gift. It's a gift and then you know, some films are spells. Some are good spells, some are mischievous trickster ones, some are you know, so yeah, that's those are my spells.
Speaker 1: Did you ever see the movie Cigarette Burns? Did you ever hear that Cigarette Burns? I think it was by John Carpenter.
Speaker 2: Sorry I missed that.
Speaker 1: I think it's a movie or a show. It's like forty five minute it's called cigarette Burns. It's by John Carpenter, I think, or like mom, it's based on It's based on a movie that if you watch it, it makes people like do crazy shit. It's like, you know, supposedly this idea that if you watch this movie, nobody basically lives if they watch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh wow, Okay. I think it's like.
Speaker 1: One or two people that did watch it, and like like one dude, he's like he has like a house full of like him still doing his yo I guess review of the movie. Like the guy's lost it and he's just like still typing about what he watched like twenty years later.
Speaker 2: It's funny, okay, yeah, seems like.
Speaker 1: A yeah, it's like forty five minutes long. The dude who played Darryl in uh, Walking Dead is actually like some kid who got paid to go find the movie for some rich dude. It's almost like a Ninth Gate where you got some rich guy trying to get somebody to go find something for him. Yeah, and it's this movie that if you watch it, you go fucking nuts. But it's like very occult. It's totally a cult so occult.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love Don Carpenter. I mean I think his film They Live is like an absolute prophetic. It seems so kind of prophetic in any way. It's just like wow, yeah, thanks for the film recommendation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, because what you were saying, I was like, Oh, I've watched a show like a movie thought on that thought, like where these movies are actually imbued with like such magical powers that it will change people when they want it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. Yeah, A Cole practice are everywhere. You know, I know there's a lot of conspiracy about that, but I mean it's kind of there.
Speaker 3: You know, the the This is one of those things where looking the conspiracy theories come from looking at occultism from a hyper hypocritical Abrahamic point of view, where everything that is in Christianity is bad. And a cult and a conspiracy theory, and it's like, these people are so like, I don't know. Supposedly, Tucker Carlson had some like demonologists on his show, so I'm like, Okay, I'm gonna watch this and listen. This dude has never read any of these books, none, and he's none of these He doesn't he's just making sh up, pulling, pulling demonology out of his butt. Man, he didn't know the first goddamn thing about demons, about spirits, about anyway. This is the most the fakest occultists I've ever seen on any show, and millions of people are eating that up, going, oh that's what occultism is. Oh my gosh. You know I could teleported onto that show and be like, you're wrong. Here's why. Let me tell you the truth. I wish I could have done that, you know what I mean, like you you were platforming this dude who probably you know, pulled the script out at at a straight out of some movie the day before and is acting like it's you know, because they're talking abou Kabala being evil and they're talking about all this absurd absurdisms, and it's it was so deeply anti semitic also like, uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean these things are like and and he said that that dude's a big platform too, so like you said, get this information and that's not good, you know what.
Speaker 3: The same The reality is that if you if you ever been to church, lady, that it's some occult ship that's going on there that's more ocult than anything I do. Go to Catholic mass, that's some occultism.
Speaker 2: I thought that too, you know, I don't want that Christianity. I remember being a young child like seeing like this sort of depiction of this man murdered, you know, like and thinking what's with this like like human sacrifice basically and eating ship not its like do we really have to do that in order for people to find harmony? Like come on.
Speaker 3: Some mecromantic like mess. Uh you know the funny thing dude, Sorry, I won't I won't take up too much time with this apologist. The thing that drives me wild is like the myth, the the ultimate conspiracy theories that there's a cab and they're all eating babies, and like the reality is the fucking Catholic Church has been covering up for pedophiles for two hundred years and everyone knows that and no one talks about it. So you they talk about it when's a big deal in the news for six weeks and then it goes away again. It's still happening there, you know. And you know, as a former card carrying member of the church is Satan, Like, they're not fucking they're not doing any of that stuff. They're atheists. The people who are doing that stuff are the Vatican.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you with proof.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: It's just really weird, sort of like reverse psychology thing. It's like in order for them to kind of do their thing, and they're do it in plain sight but kind of flip it in a way that it's it's crazy making, right. So it's a psychological tactic one hundred percent, and it just makes it gets people to these sort of like.
Speaker 3: Very confused Yea, when I hear a Christian religious person talking about cult conspiracy theories, I'm just like you're a person, or like you're like a mirror image talking to a mirror and it's just doing boom back and forth, you know, like I'm not involved at all.
Speaker 1: I was trying to say that to somebody not too long ago. I was on their show and they're they're a Christian and uh, you know, a conspiracy type podcast. And I was like, you know, how would you feel like ause I knew he was in the he was in some sort of the military and he so obviously you have to go through boot camp. They said, how would you feel if I went around telling everybody my experience in boot camp? But I never fucking did it. And that's you know, telling people what to expect and what you're going through. I said, but yet, you've never once stepped inside of an Oto temple to tell people what the fuck me or anybody else was doing. You know, you never even stepped foot in the fucking place. Who are you to say what's going inside? What's going on inside there? You don't even have the balls to walk in one, Like, what the fuck? But you're gonna sit here from your computer. I make up all these X y Z lines cross in here, crossing here, this person raped this kid, this one, fuck that one, all these things from a place you've never even fucking walked into. How would you like if I took your story and claimed it when I never fucking did anything. Ye yo, And he was stumped and he didn't have anything to say.
Speaker 3: I should know this is starting from the pre and this this also goes into the way that everyone talks now about things being demonic. When you frame anything that's that is truly you know, heinous, and you call it demonic, you are implanting in the idea of the person listening. It's very easy to do that God is good, that the Abrahamic God is the correct God, and that is good, and that everything that's not that is demonic and back and from my posult like it was one of the things I did in my book that I thought, I because again I turn everything to a joke, I don't mean to, but I did D and D alignments for all the deities I talk about, you know, and I really thought about this, right, So, like obviously low Ki is like chaotic news, but I had to really think about I didn't talk about Yeahweh, but I talked about end Lil, who's the precursor to Yahweh and sa Marian mythology. The the alignment, the correct alignment for en Lil is lawful evil.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Try to kill us all with the flood, Like what am I supposed to do with that? That's lawful evil?
Speaker 2: That's very interesting.
Speaker 1: I see that though, you know, and they have to go to the Testament.
Speaker 3: But like you know, and and the the all of the sky gods, all of the thunder gods, with the exception maybe of Thor, who's just kind of like a drunk are are you know deeply? Yeah, but like they kind of they represent that element of patriarchue that if it is not balanced, will destroy everything eventually. Right, I'm true, and I'm I'm not saying that they shouldn't. I'm not saying they don't need the camera about there's always there's always that balances m key and there's little there's there's zus, and there's hades, there's you know, there's always a balance. It's very very important. But it's not it's not one or the other. It's like this balance needs to be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's great. And I mean it's always like kind of like a fundamental kind of like thread of science too. Right, the universe is always trying to find harmony. You get these polarities, but everything is you know, moving within the chaos to find equilibrium, and and we need that, you know, there's always a it's always a thing. Hey, life this thing called Lee.
Speaker 1: One thing I did want to ask before we start to wrap it up, for people who do people go out and get your book, what is one thing you hope they take away from it.
Speaker 2: One thing I'd hope for them to take is to really allow firmwork relationship with technology, really, because you know, in general, I would want that to be the most thing. Even if you get the book, you're not even esoteric. I mean yes, because it basically says like magic on it, and it says spells, and it says which on the front cover, So obviously it won't reach all the kind of the muggle population. But even if you know there are magical practitioners, get it and say no, like I think tech is like evil and it's you know, terrible, has nothing to do with nature. I argue that because there's a lot of natural elements, including crystals and whatnot in here. My big would be that it will. The book helped me develop a healthy relationship with my phone, and I'm not mentally unwell with it anymore. I work with it mindfully now, and I realized that.
Speaker 3: The power has done that for me.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool. I'd love to send you, guys a book because I just yesterday got a whole big box them so I can like mail them to send me your send me your postal addresses for pel boxes, and I'll I'll throw them into the mail for you now because I got the whole whole box to sort of like distribute.
Speaker 1: That's great. Yeah, cool, Thank you. I appreciate that. Sunday, was there any did you want to ask you another question before we slept around? No.
Speaker 3: I feel like i've kind of I already went on so many tangents, and I apologize. I don't mean to take up so much space because but I know I love very I just I didn't want to say that this concept. I wrote this down here I find a piece of favorite write down. The idea of your phone as a wand is so brilliant. It is so dead on correct, and it's such a wonderful reframing of how we interface with technology. And I mean it, you really have, because I am I have been that guy. But I'm like technology is bad kind of attitude and I've been very grouchy about it. And I feel like you this conversation has shifted my awareness towards a more positive way to look at an interface with tech and so thank you for that. And I'm going to recommend your book to all my students.
Speaker 2: Oh bless you all right, that's so wonderful. Thank you for the kind words, and please for your your book. Is it out?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You can pre order it on Amazon now. Oh, let me my thing out there? You know you pre order my book please? It's on Amazon. It's called Chaos s Witchcraft. And I'm also doing a very limited number of leather bound copies where I'm going to personally take take the existing book, remove the paper cover and rebind it in leather. That's hands stamped. I'm doing all these myself. There are twenty left. I am hoping to sell out because that's what funds the whole thing, the stuff. I'm not making any money on these there. They're expensive to make, but I want them to exist. That's the point. So assigned numbered leather bound copy of Chaos what Shraft. They're available at my website the order Ofcastmagic dot com slash books.
Speaker 1: That's gangs. Thank you very much, son, I appreciate it. Tree. Would you like to let everybody know like where they can find all your stuff or anything that you like to promote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll hook up with me on Instagram. I guess on that like Magical Digital Culden. It's usually where I post about anything coming up. I do a lot of online stuff, so anyone listening, and you know I'm based in the UK, but I have online stuff. I do like three moon rituals a month, new moon, three quarter moon and also full moon. I also do like basis for people to do dream work, and we work with various plants that help trigger more dreams. So we do like containers of four weeks. I had a thing called porter. We work for four weeks with a plant. I got a blue lotus flower one coming up, so for four weeks we're gonna be working blue lotus flower to dream out into the dream and only take ten Yeah, I mean, I'll send you you I'll send you both free links because like, hey, it feels like I always like it. Come that starts, that starts on the twenty six. It's like, uh, how.
Speaker 3: Do you I've taken dry blue lotus flour and crushed up with some weed before. That's the only way I've ever experienced. I don't know what the correct think You're supposed to make a tincture right.
Speaker 2: You can make a tea, you can make a tincture, you can smoke it, you can vape it. There's lots of different ways to take these plants, which is really quite versatile.
Speaker 3: Beautiful.
Speaker 2: Really, it's an amazing blue low flower will take you into the shadow like you know, I've been working with her for maybe well over ten years now, and you always to bring up shadow work in the dreams, which is good though. It's great. She's a real amazing plant for that. But yeah, lots of different stuff.
Speaker 3: My experience with it was it was very interesting that I remember this. It was it was probably close to a decade ago, but it's a vivid memory because I felt possessed in the most wonderful way by my own higher self for like an hour, you know what I mean, Like I was not me. I was a much better, smarter, wiser version of me, but that wasn't me. And we were chilling on my friend's rooftop in Toronto and it was just like the most pleasant, wonderful. It was felt like sitting in a hot tub that was the perfect temperature. You know. It was great. Wow that that was noticed.
Speaker 2: I mean, plants are like tis like seriously and they will show you things. That is such a beautiful experience. I'm like, god, amazing, Oh my.
Speaker 1: Gods, that's really cool. Wow. Nice? All right? Yeah. Uh and when does the book come out?
Speaker 2: Uh? It comes out in May.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, May twelfth.
Speaker 2: You can re order it now.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, it's all lot.
Speaker 3: Yeh.
Speaker 1: Has been times when I mentioned the dude, when I've mentioned the date for it. I know I mentioned it earlier. I could have been wrong, though, because I've had people on the show and be like, oh, yeah, they've already changed that, and I'm like, oh, sorry, yeah, I forgot what I said, but I was but it was in May. Yeah, all right, thank you very much again, Tree. Awesome discussion. I really had a great time. I'm sure we could probably get you on again, just for something to talk about in the future. Definitely interesting stuff with the death and technology. It's actually kind of like two things I'm very interested in myself when it comes to the occult, So there's tons of things I could talk about. But uh so, thank you so much for coming on. Man, that was a blast. Really yeah, yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 3: This is great, I said, I really I love the way you run your show. And it's gotten me more. It's inspired to get back into doing my own podcast, which has been recently. But yeah, this is I love your format. I love that you live. Also, this is great because you don't have to go back and edit the whole thing. You just gotta just get it up there, just do it. I love it.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, thank you, Yeah, no, I appreciate it. And again Tret you, thank you so much for coming on. It was a blast. Hopefully talk to you again at some point. And everybody in the chat that's what's up. Thank you very much. I appreciate all the comments. That's why we go live. And uh, until the next one, everybody be well. Lada