Speaker 1: All right, been and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. I need some Hurtato barbecue in my life.
Speaker 2: It's been too long.
Speaker 1: I went the whole holiday break without having any Hurtado, so that means that I failed. But there are plenty locations where I can get that delicious, delicious versus of mexicue they're serving up. There's Mansfield, there's Arlington, there's Fort Worth. It's pretty close to the South Side area and then to a globe life. We've talked about this coming in twenty twenty five. They're opening up at the Dallas Farmers Market. That's huge for US East Siders in the two one four, So if you haven't had it, you are missing out.
Speaker 2: It is legendary status. Oh so good.
Speaker 1: Her Toto Barbecue coming up here in about thirty minutes. We'll talk about the death of a legend. And we'll give you a quick movie review as well. If you're a music fan, maybe it's a movie you're interested in. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: It's good listeners. Here comes KT for tweets. We'll be wow.
Speaker 3: Now let's go around the sports k T queets as all the sports.
Speaker 2: We did a Little Cowboys earlier.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll get to some later. Did you watch the Pop Tart Bowl? Man, No, I didn't even know who was in it. I'm dialed in on the trans Perfect Music City Bowl because I've been waiting for this Iowa Missouri matchup all day long. I care a lot about teams that aren't in the playoffs. Yeah, scenario the.
Speaker 2: Pop Tart Bowl though.
Speaker 1: You know the bit there though, right, Yeah, at the end they killed the pop tart right, Yeah, and he pops out. Well, this is pretty great because last year, Yeah, he had a He's standing on top of the toaster and he's holding up a sign that says dreams really do come true. And then he jumps in the toaster and crank He gets cranked out, and the players come over and just start eating him.
Speaker 2: Well that that's so bizarre, dude, It's.
Speaker 1: So crazy, And honestly it made this the most popular Bowl game. Yeah, non playoff because it's Stupidty who was in it this year? Miami and I will stay. Oh what a matchup it was. It was actually a pretty good game. I didn't watch it or anything, but I, you know, always was pretty tune into the highlights. Well, the first quarter. They've got so they've got three pop tarts. You get the cinnamon one, wild berry.
Speaker 2: I think they had vanilla milkshake, which I'd never seen.
Speaker 1: They're not common pop tarts. They're not the common They went with the wild ones this year. They did the they did last year. They did, you know, the basic one. What's your favorite pop dart? I mean, it really depends on kind of mood i'm in. It's really hard to say. I mean, look, the cherry I always liked. I know, strawberry is a favorite of many. Cinnamon, sugar is amazing. Grape dude, grape chocolate, wild berry is more really good.
Speaker 2: Now themores are good?
Speaker 1: What do you mean it's good now? Did it have a run where it wasn't so good? But it's like coming back in a big way, you know how like you when you try to as you get older, you can't eat as bad as you used to. Everything that's sweet is like even better when you get older. True, you can't have it often. Do you always toasted? Or will you eat it just right out the m Yeah, right off the package.
Speaker 2: Of the package? Yeah? So good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But so during the first quarter, like an end stadium break or whatever. They have this big ritual and an rip video to last year's pop Tart okay, and they play some music like what's that song That's been a long day?
Speaker 2: No no, see you again?
Speaker 3: The ending of Fast seven.
Speaker 1: So and then he can help us with that with some of that gen Z stuff. Yeah, he resurrects and he's like Michael Jackson at the nineteen ninety Super Bowl or hell, like Jesus like that at the beginning of the New Testament of.
Speaker 2: The stadium and they're having fireworks.
Speaker 1: But at the end it was a Simon roll pop Tart, who I think just said had a sign that said follow your dreams okay, something very similar, and he jumps in and they spit him out and they all started eating him again. Pop darts is Kellogg's right, Yes, God, what a what a coop of Kellogg's beautiful.
Speaker 2: The more bits, the better have their sales skyrocketed. They have to.
Speaker 1: It's I mean, it's the only time I've thought about pop darts. Nothing makes a breakfast pastry more top of mind than a spare.
Speaker 2: Bowl, I know.
Speaker 1: But as long as you're making fun of the spare bowl game right right, like the bowl game should like supersede the thing.
Speaker 2: Dude, I saw a play I would be real quick on this. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Shador Sanders and Travis Hunter, who will go in the top five in the draft, they played and then I learned they took out a huge life insurance checked him and there was a play where Shador threw it to Travis Hunter in traffic and Travis Hunter got drilled, and Travis Hunter got up and started chewing shit her out really like, don't ruin my top five. I want to wait till I get hurt next year. Yeah, okay, So the Mavericks Christmas Day, oh no, yeah, it was. It was very disappointing with the Luke injury. The game more I mean fun, it got fun Kyrie just fourth quarter. Kyrie is bonkers. And did you see any of the forty six point game against Portland? So that's the one game I haven't seen, oh man last Well yeah, we'll get to that in a second. But the main news you've probably heard the news Luca has a calf strain. He's had multiple cap strains the last several seasons, and so he is going to miss at minimum a month. What they said is will reevaluate in a month. So if you want to go back to December the twenty fifth when it happened, and you jump to January twenty fifth, you're gonna miss sixteen games minimum.
Speaker 2: And I went ahead and took it to February first, some nineteen games.
Speaker 1: Well, let me let me just throw this in two. So, if you have a calf strain, you're not doing cardio.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, I'm sure there's stuff he can do in the pool or whatever. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not privy to medical crap, but I would assume that if he sits around for a month letting that thing heal, he ain't gonna be in the best shape.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So now we're gonna we're gonna spend some time getting him in shape, and then there's an All Star break. The All Star break is February fourteenth, So he misses a month and then we get him back in shape, and then it's if it's me, if they're not getting hammered in the standings, I wouldn't bring him back till after the All Star I agree, because the other thing that's gonna happen is all right, so he's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be voted into the All Star Game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're are we cool with him coming back and playing four games and then going to the All Star Game.
Speaker 2: I don't want that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I understand him wanting that, and I want, you know, I want what Luca wants, but same time, this whole season because here the other thing, we're about to grind Kyrie down to a nub.
Speaker 2: That's that's my biggest concern. I'm glad you said that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my number one concern about all this is not so much where you're gonna end up in the standings.
Speaker 2: I think he'll be fine.
Speaker 1: It's the idea of being able to go a little bit easier on Luca and Kyrie this year after they played one hundred plus games last ynight and now Kyrie having to tote the note if they if they do this, if they commit to Luca not coming back until after the All Star break, and then he doesn't have to go to all that All Star crap.
Speaker 2: And again, they.
Speaker 1: May have other injuries. They may be, you know, lose a bunch of games. Do you know what their strength of schedule is from December twenty fifth to January twenty fifth?
Speaker 2: Have you seen this anyway?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know that but I know it's two against Oklahoma City, Cleve, Houston, Denver, two against Denver. It's the sixth toughest schedule in the NBA. Okay, So the way I look at this, which nobody consults me fair enough, I wouldn't bring Luca back till after the All Star break. I would get his calf completely healthy, and then I would spend two weeks doing nothing, book cardio, nothing, book.
Speaker 2: Cardio, and then you know, you have the.
Speaker 1: All Star break, get everybody get back so we can have some scrimmages, and then you have almost two months of the season left to ramp up and hit the ground running and make a deep playoff run. I exercised my choice to view this injury as a Christmas miracle rather than a like, this really awful thing.
Speaker 2: And the reason is that speak your truth.
Speaker 1: Well. When you play as much as he has without stopping, because he's going to play international ball and playoffs, so extra games and just being on this run, and people, I do think forget that the twenty twenty schedule got so jacked up with the bubble and that season was pushed back. The next season started really fast. Yeah, there is no downtime. He is not experienced legit downtime. Remember all that dumb traveling they did at the beginning of last season where they went to Dubai and then went to Spain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what I mean.
Speaker 1: Nobody's ever done that. Yeah, there's just a lot. It's a lot of NonStop action and wear and tear on your body, agree and lower body injuries. That's just what fourth fifth it was as fifth injury of lower body injury. Since we've gotten he's had the year four. This year we had the quad, we had the heel. The heel was the last one we have had. Half calf an I think then not to mention the risk thing, right, Well, so, I mean, look, this kind of felt to me like something like this might be coming down the pike at sometime, and I'm glad it's not happening in April.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: That that's that's a great point.
Speaker 1: That's what all this is about, which is why I'm like, man, if they can and right.
Speaker 2: Now, what is their records at twenty one in the life.
Speaker 1: I think, okay, yeah, they were nineteen eleven recently, so something similar.
Speaker 2: Eleven or twenty and twelve somewhere in there.
Speaker 1: If they can go five hundred in this stretch and still have be eight games above five hundred. You're still trending towards a fifty win season and then you can really get it together and the final stretch of the year just be in the top four, right, you know, That's where there are now twenty and twelve and so, and there are a game and a half up on the Lakers and the Clippers. I'm not worried of the Clippers, although you will get Kawhi back soon, but I'm not worried about the Lakers. I'm more worried about it that group of teams behind is Denver getting it together and Minnesota like those like teams who could actually find a way, and yeah, you end up in the play in somehow. Minnesota was in your Western Conference finals last year. Now, they did swap out Karl Anthony Towns for Julius Randall. But point being is that if you have a guy as good as Anthony Edwards and you've got good players around them, which they do, good defensive players around them, then you're in the mix.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely in the mix.
Speaker 1: So the Western Conference is incredibly tough, it's uh and so to me, it's just tread water and get healthy, and so that is where I'm a little concerned during this stretch. Man, I can't I can't believe Kay played against Portland and dude, he had twenty in.
Speaker 2: The first half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this game, you know, we didn't even talk about the fight. What was your reaction to the fight in which Nause and PJ got Pj's back for tonight and I think Lively is going to be back for tonight.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know Kyrie is out by the way tonight. Oh, I didn't see that. It did drop about Sorry, I dropped a thing about an hour ago before we started.
Speaker 2: I have not seen that. UK. Well, that's not good.
Speaker 1: I thought it was I thought it was a lofty uh suspension for Nause.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that was four games. I don't think. Did you read the press release? I didn't know. So he went and starred stuff up in the corridor. Oh okay, so that's what probably. So the thing is like, and I kind of it.
Speaker 1: Everybody everybody on Friday night was selling could I have I had MAV's postgame duty. Yeah, So I got home late and was on Twitter and I saw everybody in the MAV world going crazy for him changing his Twitter banner to him punching. It's so good, right, and I'm looking at that going. I was preferred this to be changed after the suspension was announced. Yeah, because you're just like sending a message to the Yeah, punched him, I'll do it again. And did you ever see the footage of him choking Jimmy Butler? No, so that happened last year or maybe it was two years ago. But you know what happens in the league. It's like the same thing with Draymond. They start going, all right, we're gonna do this again. All right, check out this as we learned. Yeah, so, I think it has great long term residual effects for the team to have him be involved in that.
Speaker 2: I too. I think PJ.
Speaker 1: Washington Junior got done wrong too. I don't even think he should have been kicked out of that game for them to say he escalated it. Dude, he pushed a guy that was throwing a punch and then immediately turned his attention elsewhere. Escalating it would have been pushing him and then going after him or standing on top of him or stepping on him. He didn't escalate it. He shoved a guy that was throwing punches out of the way. That was terrible. This is how I think about this these things, like especially the NBA, the games are a group close together. Though something like that happens, Okay, suspending for a certain number of games, just because you're probably going off something that happened in the past, not with that player, just in general, Like what do we normally do for suspensions on guys who threw a punch?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, okay, so it happened, so four games. What's usually, let's just say, is eight days ago, they're not still going. Man, I gotta learn my lesson here. D It's not jail time right right, just to think about your mistake, Like, dude, after two games, we're good to get back out there and play.
Speaker 2: By the way, your product is better when your players get to play.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And I think the whole Nurkic thing, it's like he started it because he doubled back and then he's the first one that threw a blow. Yeah, like Nase pushing Nurkic is nothing. Nurkic taking his giant bear paw and slapping Mark. I mean his hand is the size of Marshall's head. It was basically looked like that Russian slap fight thing. So he started it and then threw the first punch. That is a punch just because your fist is bald up, going at someone's head is going at someone's head. And anyways, Naje didn't even connect whatever.
Speaker 2: Uh PJ.
Speaker 1: Washington Junior got done wrong. So wow, all right, so Kyrie out tonight. That's news to me. But of course we will have the game right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle, your home of Dallas Mavericks basketball, all right, coming up next. He finally passed away. He had been on hospice for a long time. What a trooper, what a kind man. He is being celebrated. We'll talk about the passing of Jimmy Carter, and we'll talk about I'll give you a.
Speaker 2: Quick movie review of something you may want to see.
Speaker 1: That's all coming up next on the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle,