Speaker 1: Good even me, everybody, and welcome to another episode of Fire Up. Look at the big crew I've got tonight. Oh boy, oh my wow, I'm excited. How about you guys.
Speaker 2: Nope, nobody else is fired up. I doubt it, like.
Speaker 3: Anybody hyper risky is happy.
Speaker 2: Yes, hey, I'll tell you what I owe.
Speaker 4: Everybody a bang, bang Southern fried gang in South Florida Tribune with Fire Up and Candy Man. We got Taylor, we got Jeremy, we got some mer I can't wait. Y'all even got me over here in a nice polo, which all are lucky because I almost showed up shirtless.
Speaker 2: So y'all, don't let's go, baby, were ready, stay reay. You gotta get ready.
Speaker 3: If my buddy gun Guy comes on, he's gonna say something, say take your pants off. Yeah, the gun show, let's go.
Speaker 2: Stun's out, guns out, baby, Jeremy, they.
Speaker 5: Want you to do a dollar there, you got it. Uh, everybody's fired up.
Speaker 2: If I was in there, if I was in if I was in the garage, I'd be fired up. No, I would I'd be even more.
Speaker 4: Oh god, I would be like slowly rotestelly chickening myself if I were in the garage.
Speaker 1: Well, Jeremy is back on the same night the NFL football is back. How coincidental is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's amazing. You know, you have a conversation two days ago and the next thing, you know, oh you're back.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well some things happen and life happens, and amen. Anyways, we're glad to have you back.
Speaker 3: I am glad to be back.
Speaker 1: Good, good, good, So JD, I don't know, let you know, yeah, good, all of you guys smoking, Jeremy, b and I did this show for a while, oh way back, but then Jeremy wasn't on our network for a while and he's back, and JD and Taylor and Samera. I'm just happy I got a you know, a good crew here that I'm excited to keep going on the show with.
Speaker 3: It's funny because it was just before it was Monday when I talked to Scott actually not Tuesday, and we were talking about the Tigers in general, and I said, if we're going to do anything, it's going to be a bunch of mid level the new moves to revamp the bullpen and the starting rotation, because that's where we were failing. The bats all went cold, at the same time. But we've seen with every team that had a month long slump so far this season. The Mets, the Phillies, and the Guardians had month long slump. Some of them had eight, nine and ten win lost streaks. I said, I'm not worried about that getting fixed. The Bats will come back. It's the bullpen falling apart.
Speaker 1: So well with that. Since he's kind of taken this down that MLB road, let's hit it because today was the end of the deadline for the trades. Anybody got any trades that you want to talk about that you call them look interesting, you think will really help propel a team, or you felt they should have done more.
Speaker 3: RK.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that once we get to uh football, But let's start. We're gonna start with MLB. And yes, I am a Packers fan.
Speaker 3: I have a very distinct opinion about that about a certain RDE receiver that should be should have been in before Sterling Sharp, who's been who's into the veterans have to put him in because he can't be voted in anymore. Tory Holt should have got in before Sterling Sterling Sharp, Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: All right, and so hey, so Candy, like you said, we're gonna start with the MLB draft, and so I think, yeah, yeah, no, excuse me, yeah yeah yeah draft. But hey, that did happen a few weeks ago. In my defense, that's the MLB trade. So Candy, if I could, I wanted to play a little game. I saved all of the sports updates from my phone about the trade, and I wanted to just name a few, and I wanted someone to say, Hey, that one really grabs my attention, because for the most part, from what I saw, there were really like two interesting stories in the trade, and they really didn't have anything to do with the trade more than what they had to do with the team.
Speaker 1: Have you let half their team go?
Speaker 4: Well that and not only that, the double header thing with Sir Anthony Domingo's, by the way, great names, Sir Anthony s E R A N T h O N Y. Sir Anthony. Is that not like a fantastic name? Nobody Nobody thinks that's a great name, Sir Anthony. I know there's a lot of made up Nate like a lot of made up names, but that one hit.
Speaker 2: Sir Anthony.
Speaker 3: There's a guy getting an anil deal in South Florida for one of the smaller colleges, and he's actually getting nil money from a heating and cooling company. And he has the perfect name for it. It's the Coldest Crawford.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember that one, and then and then you had the whole kool Aid change his name to kool Aid thing. But yeah, So anyway, the two most intriguing things I've seen about the trades were him being traded in the middle of that double header, and then there was another player today who also was traded in the middle of the game and had to like walk around. So let's go to the trades. Though, let me go back to the very first one I got. Let's see, okay.
Speaker 2: San Diego trades for Miller and Sears.
Speaker 4: Not the shopping store, not Sears, it closed down a long time ago. But this Sears and this Miller are a closer and a starter, and they sent him to the Padres for number three overall prospect. I'm not gonna try to pronounce that name.
Speaker 2: Leo.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well Leo Dallas Day of Rees. Yeah, debris, there you go, Yeah, thank you, Taylor j Okay, So what do you think about that trade? Is that one since you knew that name, Taylor, how do you feel about the the Athletics sending the closer and the starter to the Padres.
Speaker 7: Well, the A's are selling, the Padres are contending, that's all I know.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, what about those players in particular? Do you any feelings about the players at all?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, you just knew his name.
Speaker 4: You just knew how to pronounce it, debris. Okay, well, hey, thank you appreciate that for sure.
Speaker 2: Let's see are the.
Speaker 1: So let me let me add to you, Jad, since you're asking Mason Miller a starter in JP series for a massive product prospect. Hall Miller, who is arbitration eligible through the twenty twenty ninth season, gives San Diego an elite closer at a low salary, which is huge for a franchise under payroll constraints. Sears is also pre arb and slides into the rotation, giving Proler the option to deal Robert Suarez and Dylan Cees in exchange for offensive help. You know, Padres are making moves. You gotta give him credit, you.
Speaker 4: Know, right, And there is an underlying thing here that we'll get to in a moment. Can do you know the tweet I sent you earlier. So guess what the Padres. They're in contention. As Taylor said, they are looking to make the playoffs. And that is my interesting question coming up for this evening regarding these MLB trades, because it's not like that in the NFL. In the NBA, like you know which teams are contending because you see all these traits.
Speaker 2: All right, so we've cleared a few.
Speaker 4: Let's see here, how about the Philadelphia Phillies, Samir, you might have a thought on this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, definitely the Paladelic series.
Speaker 6: But I really like what both the Phillies and the Mets did this deadline. The Phillies really needed some bullpen help, especially with Jose Alvarado getting popped for PDS. He's not going to be eligible to pitch in the postseason, and the Phillies bullpen the past couple of postseasons against Arizona and then last year Jeff Hoffman against the Mets has kind of been their downfall. So I did I did like that trade for Duran, and I did like the move for Harrison Bader. He's a I guess, for the most part, reliable outfield, right handed bat, and that was one of the things the Phillies did. Need this pays me even more. But I really do like, for the most part what the Mets did with their bullpen. It's pretty clear that Steve Cohen, David Stearns, they're in the thick of it and they want to go all in, like they already had Garrett Standing, Rayley and Diaz in that bullpen. And then you add two guys in Hellsley and Soda who are flame throwers. Yeah, that's gonna be a dangerous bullpen come October. And I'm gonna get into what didn't happen and what seems did during.
Speaker 1: My Sorry sorry, I had to squash that. There's no way that's happening.
Speaker 3: So I like the one two comments before that. I think that's pretty clever that Josh Door did breaking new South Florida Trading Tribute traded Bensman to r W Media in exchange for Smoking Jay. That's funny.
Speaker 6: But yeah, as I was saying to say it, but I did like what Philadelphia and New York did this deadline. And I'll get into a little more what a certain other team in the N East didn't do during my sound. So yeah, those are my thoughts.
Speaker 4: And I appreciate your thoughts a mere Apparently people don't appreciate mine.
Speaker 2: But you know what you're gonna get him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll tell you who's a seller right now. And you look at what they gave away today in the last couple of days. It was the Minnesota Twins. They got her of Castro, Duran Paddock, Korea, Columbia, uh Vader Stewart, Jackson, Barline.
Speaker 2: What was that there?
Speaker 3: Local? They're local beat writers, says there's no house left.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just a buston And I think that's about it.
Speaker 4: I mean, seriously, though, Hey, can I ask, because honestly, I haven't been tuned into the MLB since the Braves the while back, Like, I know a couple of things about baseball at the moment, but not a lot. What was the Twins record? I mean, they're not the rockiest I know that.
Speaker 3: They were while they were sitting. They started out hot the first few weeks. They came out like gangbusters. The whole Division was kind of being mid at the time. Like the Tigers came out and went oh and two or oh and three versus the Angels and then lost the first game of the next series and then slowly started to win series. Then you had the Guardians go into their slump because they all of a sudden jumped up. Then you had the Royals that were floundering between third and fourth the whole time. Now they're in third, the Twins are in fourth, and of course the White Sox they never started.
Speaker 1: But the Twins are. Let's be honest, the Twins are twelve games behind the Tigers. That's a huge lead. And that's what the Tigers having their slump that they just got over where they were. I don't remember exactly the record, but they went through a swum.
Speaker 6: Sixty the way right right.
Speaker 3: But we were during that slump that you were talking about. We were three games under five hundred during that month long slump, right and we hadn't been that all season. And somebody says, is this the Tigers we were gonna have the rest of the season. I was like, no, it's a slump people. Look the bats went. We didn't have a single player batting less than two forty at the start of the slump. Now we don't have a batter over two fifty. That's how bad it was. It wasn't just one player, it was the whole team, it was like, uh, they also were leading the league in the least amount of errors, and now we're down to where we're like twelve through thirteenth. During that month long slump, schoobl was the only guy that was pitching anything, and he just couldn't get any run support, which is why we still lost games with him. It was crazy.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 4: And can I say this too, y'all are just talking about the Twins and they're twelve games back. The Braves they're fourteen, fifteen games back. Whatever it is now, I can scroll down here and find out. Let's see Braves sixteen games back and they have tons of talent. But the Twins, you're only six games under five hundred. What in the world makes you want to wholesale this way?
Speaker 3: Because they they got by Chicago White Sox, that's what happened.
Speaker 4: Is it a new hat? No, But this is something way more long term than that. If you're only six games under five hundred, there is something that is way more below the surface here than we don't know, because that is not a record to get fired for in my opinion, right.
Speaker 3: No, And I think what happened is when they lost a certain key game key teams like the Royals and the White Sox here over the past month and a half, and then they couldn't win a series when they won the first game versus US no less, then they lost the series to the Guardians when they won the first two in a four game series, but they ended up actually being a five because of a makeup game and a doubleheader, so they lost that series. They lost three straight series in the division during their slump, and I think the owner is like saying, fine, get rid of everybody. We're starting over and we're going to have an all new front office next year.
Speaker 4: I know that there's somebody for Atlanta that's saying that same thing, sair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's weird because the Braves have been so good for so long.
Speaker 2: But yeah, overall all but not championships.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean division titles, a bunch of first round exits. I mean.
Speaker 4: That's the way we see it. We see it like the Baltimore Ravens are the Dallas Cowboys, which NFL talk's coming up shortly on fire Up. Don't forget that, So Candy out, you get back in here. What was your trade stuff? You give us a couple of your trade things to react to.
Speaker 1: The Brewers got another catcher.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: One of the big surprises I think was that the Marlins did not get rid of Sandy Alcinterra. There was a lot of a lot of talk about that the last couple of weeks that they thought he would go. I don't know if it was maybe the slow start that he had come back from his surgery and he wasn't performing as well. But his last last outing he was had five no hit innings and stuff like that. I think that was one of the biggest surprises. Miami's not doing as bad as everybody thought they would, like they've been rebuilding, but they're doing They're doing a lot better. I mean I watched them. They took two from two out of three games, but in Milwaukee. They went up to Milwaukee and took two out of three. Uh, they're they're playing, they're gelling together, and they're playing as a team, and they're they're scrappy. You know, these are young, young, young guys. Now. The only trade that they did that I remember that they made is that they traded their catcher, Nick forties. And because they have prospects there and they have some young guys that they're bringing up. But as far as other trades, you know, I was surprised. I didn't feel like there was a lot of the big name movement. There wasn't much of that. A little bit here and there, but not as much as I would have thought a lot of a lot of not as well known. But I think you go ahead.
Speaker 4: Can I follow you with that? You're I mean, you were leading me right to one of the points. And that's how we'll we'll transition to NFL here in just a minute, based off of this question. But that's exactly why I wanted to go through some of these trades, because it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't about the players, it was about the team.
Speaker 4: You saw which teams are contending, which teams are saying, hey, you know what, we're out of it. And then of course you see teams like the Braves who do almost nothing basically. So that's here and there.
Speaker 3: But thank you, thank you for Rafael Montero Wednesday night. By the way, Yeah, y'all can have them. Hey, it can't be any worse than what we had in the bullpen already, That's all I got to say. Oh we must. We had we had seven run leads that disappeared in the eighth inning, three times in a row versus Seattle.
Speaker 6: Oh oh, well, check this out. The Braves were just up on the Reds eleven to three. Cincinnati just tied the game. It is now eleven to eleven.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it was four run lead when I logged on here a minute ago.
Speaker 6: But yeah, these guys are apparently too good to get rid of, apparently a double a. So there's that.
Speaker 4: Well, and then they looked at all these and they there was Ozouna, and he said, we're not just going to give him up for nothing.
Speaker 2: And as you.
Speaker 6: Pointed, to lose him for nothing in the offseason.
Speaker 2: That's exactly your point.
Speaker 4: But again, it's been more about the teams and things like that.
Speaker 2: And so here's my question to everybody.
Speaker 4: We'll start with some here, Taylor, and then Candy and then Jeremy.
Speaker 2: We'll go that way around.
Speaker 4: So can you imagine the day that the NFL trade deadline ever becomes half of what the MLB trade deadline is Because we're sitting around there on our seat all day. We can't wait to see the big name that gets traded. And then the MLB there's trades, but it might not be the big name always. But it's entertaining. I want to see it happen in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Do you am I wrong, Samir?
Speaker 6: You tell me, yeah, I mean for me, I don't ever see the NFL trade deadline becoming what the MLB trade deadline is for mainly two reasons. Number One, teams in the NFL really just don't tink. You may have some teams that are just flat out bad, but you don't see NFL teams tanking. Like, yeah, you may have fans that want to tank for a higher draft pick, which I guess is normal across sports. But you know, your time as a you usually like the average NFL career is like what two or three years? So I mean NFL players, I feel like, are not going to tank. Organizations, coaches, front offices, they're not going to tank well. And also another reason is it is harder, in my opinion, to find and develop, you know, homegrown talent in the NFL than it is for saying major League Baseball, because you know, NFL you've got fifty three roster spots. Major League Baseball, yeah, you've got your twenty six man roster, but you've also got you know, the different pharma systems in the minor leagues, and.
Speaker 3: From that standpoint.
Speaker 6: That's why you won't see the NFL trade deadline ever become what the MLB is, if that makes sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I just hate it for the NFL, like I want it so bad, Like I don't know, like I'm literally that's one thing as a sports fan, Like I'm literally itching for the NFL trade deadline to be like that.
Speaker 3: So so you're one of those ones that see all the clickbait articles from all the teams for the big trades that can happen. You're like, please just one.
Speaker 2: Oh god, there's so many, But no, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't normally like oh, I mean I remember when they said show hey, O Tawny might sign with the Atlanta Braves.
Speaker 2: And I was like, bro, I was like, there ain't no way.
Speaker 4: They don't even pay their own players that much, much less a free agent, like don't let Freddy Freeman Walt Mark.
Speaker 2: To Shiah Brian McCann.
Speaker 4: The moment that it gets too expensive for the Braves, they're like, nah, I'm taking my American Express card back.
Speaker 3: The last one that they actually paid was what Larry Jones.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Chipper Jones, Well, well we did make Austin Riley, the highest paid player in Braves history. He's twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Well that was a mistake, but I'm talking about good players, not just kidding.
Speaker 4: Hey, so speaking, you say that about Austin Riley. So before the season started, I made a post on Facebook and I said, well it was somebody.
Speaker 2: It was Barrett Sally's.
Speaker 4: Post, Yes, and he had said something about the starting pitching, and I was like, if I'm a Braves player, just starting pitching scares the daylight out of me. And Austin Riley his official Facebook Paige like that post out of the dream of.
Speaker 2: It on my phone.
Speaker 4: I swear if I'm lying, But Alston Riley even knew that the pitching was going to be terrible for the Braves this year.
Speaker 1: Taylor, what's your take on do you think the NFL should have trades like that like MLB?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 8: I that's a tough one, it really is, if I guess not.
Speaker 3: Here's the biggest thing. If there was a farm system that worked in the NFL like you have in the MLB, then those type of trades would happen easier. The fact that you got to give up draft capital half the time to run a player to get through the end of the season to possibly make a playoff push. There's not a lot of teams that say, f those picks other than the La Rams back in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then that I think that's kind of what I was trying to refer to early, because yeah, you've got twenty six players on an MLB roster, but you've got, you know, some really good young prospects that you can trade away, and instead of the draft being seven rounds like the NFL, there's like, what nineteen twenty rounds?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And the funny thing is, usually unless there's like a generational prospect, like for say a Paul Schemes or a Bryce Harper, draft for the most part is a crap shoot. Like twenty or so players went ahead of Mike Trout. Like that's how much of a crap shoot it is.
Speaker 1: You could say the same thing. Tom Brady was was drafted in the sixth round. Five rounds of players went before him, and yet we're gonna say he's the goat of quarterbacks in the NFL.
Speaker 6: Like I guess I feel like I feel like Tom Brady, Like you like, chances are you will never see that happen again in the NFL. You will never see that happen again.
Speaker 3: Like a guy like after the first round, after the first round, the last great quarterback that was taken after the first round, if you look at it was Drew Brees.
Speaker 6: Well, well, Russell Wilson too, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't. Well, he's been too up and down to be considered consistently great. That's that's my thing with Russell Wilson. He doesn't have the same consistency of a Drew Brees of a time.
Speaker 6: But but yeah, but I would say, I would say Russell Wilson's had a pretty good career.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 3: You're also very rarely ever gonna see another Kurt Warner story. Yeah, you're not gonna see a guy that played an arena football starts bagging groceries, gets picked up by the coach because he sees him toss a loaf of bread across three three aisles and say you ever play football?
Speaker 4: MM I don't know, Because at what point, though, do they up ruining perfectly good college quarterbacks. I mean, the way the NFL draft is set up, I mean just take cam Ward for example, this year, going into the season going into a terrible situation, Trevor Lawrence, terrible situation, Michael Pennix locked up going to the Falcons. He might be heading up Jayden Daniels right spot, right time.
Speaker 3: Because their stats are so close for how long they played. I call them Sunshine Jones and Danny Lawrence.
Speaker 4: Right, but these guys, yeah, I mean, when are we gonna stop ruining college quarterbacks?
Speaker 2: So by sending them to terrible NFL teams?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, it's what do you expect to catch at a catch twenty two? You know, the reason why you're able to take that generational talent at the top of the draft is because you were that bad the year before. You know, we can we can knock the players that get there. But sometimes players get stuck with bad coaches, bad bad teams, and bad management.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Like for example, Bryce Youngest rookie year, he was sacked like sixty three times. But now it seems like they finally hired the right coach and Dave Canalis, they're building this solid team around him. Like look at Caleb Williams. Caleb Williams was sacked sixty eight times last year.
Speaker 3: There's only one more quarter that's been sacked more than both of them their rookie year, and that was David David g right.
Speaker 2: Yep, oh yeah, I remember when he set that record.
Speaker 4: And so hey, Candy, sorry to hijack the show, but I feel like his co host, I can do that sometimes. So we're gonna fully switch on the NFL gear right now. The Chargers lead the Detroit Lions twenty four to seven, three minutes to go in the third quarter. I honestly, I know we're gonna talk AFC North and NFC North, but I have to say this about the AFC West really quickly. There ain't no way you can't tell me that is the best dag football conference in the NFL this year.
Speaker 3: There's three of them, three of them, and I don't say it's the AFC West, the AFC North in the NFC North. Those are the three toughest divisions, period And anybody that doesn't think so didn't pay attention to last season.
Speaker 4: Right and then yeah, man, I'm thinking I'm gonna pass it right off to you guys. This is all I'm gonna say about it. You've got in the AFC West, the Kansas City Chiefs. I don't even need to say anything. The Denver Broncos, though with Sean Payton bow Knicks made the playoffs last year.
Speaker 2: The Chargers with Harball.
Speaker 4: Has the best winning percentage of all active NFL coaches the moment he stepped back into the league.
Speaker 2: I believe in the Chargers. Who's got it better than us? Nobody? I trust in Harball. I trust in him for.
Speaker 4: The Chargers, and then think about the Raiders being taken over by Pete Carroll. The AFC West, hands down, great conference, but I'm gonna let y'all transition. So whoever wants to start raise your hand, I don't care. But let's go from the AFC West to the AFC North and talk about the other Harball and we'll segue it all in together really nicely here on Fire Up.
Speaker 3: So my breakdown to the AFC North, Baltimore Ravens are more than likely winning the division. The second place is up for grabs. It's whether Cincinnati or Pittsburgh can finally pull their heads out of their button start winning playoff games again. And then the Cleveland Browns mm better luck next year.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: For the Browns, I agree, they've got to figure out. And I'll never say this really honestly, ever, that one player's fate is determined by another. But I feel like Shador Sanders his fate is going to be determined by what the Browns think about Dylan Gabriel. They drafted him higher. I feel like he's.
Speaker 2: Going to be more of the priority.
Speaker 4: And it depends on if Dylan Gabriel plays well or not as to if shadur ever even sees the field for the Browns.
Speaker 3: I'll expound expand upon that. They just did a report about who's playing at quarterback in the first preseason game and they said that Shador Sanders will be lucky to take snaps in the two minute drill to end the game.
Speaker 2: That's wild, that's crazy, you would have to take. Okay, So Kenny pick like the Browns.
Speaker 4: Quarterback room, Oh my goodness, man, you got Joe yeah talking Kenny Pickett.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know who they are.
Speaker 4: I mean, my goodness, Joe flaccoh Kenny Pickett, Dillian Gabriel, are Dylan Dylan words are hard, Dylan Gabriel, and Shaudor Sanders.
Speaker 3: And on their depth chart right now, he's fifth behind and injured Deshaun Watson. That's how their depth chart start came out.
Speaker 2: I forgot about that guy. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I saw a report the other day on Twitter that Shoudor has like taken zero snaps with the first team in training camp.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did in rookie camp, and he did in OTA's but at training camp he has He's only been playing with the thirds and the people that are projected to be practice squad play people. Yeah.
Speaker 6: But yeah, it's like Cleveland. Yeah, They've got some solid pieces obviously, but overall, just a bad roster all around. And it starts with the recurring game, which is the lack of direction under center. And while I do like Mason Graham as a prospect, I just still don't like the concept of basically passing on a generational talent in Travis Hunter. Kind of like again, what you did with Julio Jones in twenty eleven and the guys that you picked after him, none of them really panned out. But overall Pittsburgh, I feel like they got better, but they also got older. Like Aaron Rodgers at forty one is still better probably than any quarterback they've had basically since Big Ben. Dk Metcalf is better probably right now as a wide receiver one than George Pickens, but again, he's older.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 6: I I kind of feel a little iffy about the Jalen Ramsey trade. You know, you give up Minka Fitzpatrick, a younger safety for a thirty year old corner and you get John new Smith. So he reunites with Arthur Smith. Apparently they're already using him in the backfield. Got PTSD from that, but yeah, they.
Speaker 3: Did. I read they're using them more of a full back back there for John Smith.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I read. Like they're putting him in the backfield, giving him some jet sweeps. He did that once here. But yeah, Cincinnati, we know their offense is elite, no question. Their question is whether or not they can play some defense. Sam Hubbert retired. They did release Jermaine Pratt, who did in him signing with the Raiders. They fired Luna Umo, they hire Al Golden, they draft Shamar Store. His holdout just ended. They seem to have finally agree on a contract, still having Patree Hen, So the question is can really out Golden get the most of what's there. But yeah, my pick to win the division, along with my Super Bowl pick, is Baltimore. In my opinion, they have the best roster on paper up and down, they have Zay Flowers. Of course, they got Derek Hemry, even at thirty one, is still one of the best two running backs in the NFL, older but still reliable. But I want to talk about their secondary. So going in, they had Marlon Humphrey, they had Kyle Hamilton, they have Nate Wiggins, they draft Malachi Starks out of Georgia, and they signed Jaii Alexander. Now, I don't think it's too far fetched to say that this secondary, especially if JayR Alexander can stay healthy, it's probably gonna be the best secondary we've seen in the NFL since the legion. I don't think that's Nick.
Speaker 3: Hey, you're right, on paper, it looks like that, but you had the biggest if in there you got because all it takes is for another eight game season for Jayeira Alexander and that that nickel spot becomes a liability. The other thing you're forgetting about is that they just lost Isaiah likely more than likely for the season. Yeah, so that's a big blow considering he was that big red zone target and stretched the field guy for a tight end move to the slot, split end for wide receiver routes. Rather than up close to the line, because let's face it, he couldn't block a wet paper bag.
Speaker 4: Right, So, Taylor, where do you land on the Ravens in their secondary?
Speaker 2: What do you I mean you had? Do you trust the other hardball?
Speaker 7: I still do. I I still think the Ravens will win the AFC North. It would still be tough to tell if they win the Super Bowl or not, but or the AFC Championship. Well, we'll see what happens. But right now I'm just focused on on them winning the division.
Speaker 4: Right Hey, well, can I can? I?
Speaker 6: I think this is the year Lamar gets over the hump.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got to get over is Josh Allen post traumatic stress disorder? And Josh Allen has to get past Patrick Mahomes traumatic stress disorder.
Speaker 4: And that's exactly what I was about to ask you guys? Can I ask this? And then I'm gonna use it to move over to the Bengals. What do y'all think about Lamar Jackson not winning the m v P last year and Josh Allen winning it?
Speaker 2: What what do y'all think about that?
Speaker 6: I mean, everyone's got their own opinion. I think Lamar should have won it.
Speaker 4: But but I think it is. I think what they do is they say that the same player can't in it too much. The NBA is guilty of it because Lebron would have way more MVPs if that were the case.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, well, I mean Peyton Manning won it like what five times? Six times?
Speaker 4: And that was before they started to get to the point where it's like, oh no, we we got to start highlighting other players, right, I mean, hey, chat you guys, chime into.
Speaker 2: We've got plenty of you over there.
Speaker 4: Madcraft he did just mark all of you guys, thank you for being here.
Speaker 3: I know, I I swear I heard the exact same thing from Rapings fans last year. This is the year Lamar would win it all. I heard it the year but that he got hurt and missed three quarters of the season. Lamar is going to be the MVP this year. Until I see him do it, I can't say he'll do it. I'm I'm like Missouri, I'm the show me state.
Speaker 2: Any well, And he had Derek Henry last year.
Speaker 4: I mean, talk about the two most fears running threats.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but the reason why I'm so bullish on them is that we have to remember if Mark Andrews catches that pass against the Bills and then doesn't have that turnover the week before, they beat Buffalo, and in my opinion, I think they beat Kansas City. I don't know if they beat Philadelphia, but I do think I definitely think they would have put up a much better fight than Kansas City did against Philadelphia. The issue with them is that they are just not a clutch team. In January, like the past couple of years, Zay Flowers fumbles against the Chiefs. Then last year, as I mentioned the turnovers, Mark Andrews drops that pass. Like the plays that seems like the Chiefs have made over the years, the Ravens, haven't.
Speaker 3: I love that take by p did It's there, I believe Lamar cann but the record is skipping. Anyone have a penny? That's funny.
Speaker 4: P Didgess is one of my resident comedians, him and Maccraft, Him and Macraft. Hey, so Maccraft has a good question, and you know what, Candy if I'm aye, when when he has a good question, we'll address it.
Speaker 2: Are we good with that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How do y'all? So Taylor, let's start with Taylor.
Speaker 4: This is the question from a listener that he asked me he wants us to address, how do you feel about cam Ord being the most ignored number one overall pick ever? He was asked about the reports that he was at the building at five thirty am every day and the last to leave. When asked why, he said, I watched my dad get up at four am every day to go to a job he didn't like. The least I can do is wake up and go to a job that I love, and I expect that from my teammates too.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't you want to be here?
Speaker 4: What are your thoughts on cam Ward being ignored but maybe a sneaky hard worker.
Speaker 7: I'm really confused. I don't, I don't, I don't even know, to be honest, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, samere how about you, buddy.
Speaker 6: Oh about him being the most ignored?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the question?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, well okay, well time out, all right?
Speaker 2: So, I mean, did I really set that up? That poor leo.
Speaker 4: I'm an idiot. I'll take blame for that. So a question from a listener, cam word, how do we feel about him being the most ignored number one overall pick ever? And at that point, okay, we will go ahead and we'll move on to the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 2: Can they avoid going oh and two to start the year? Can they avoid going oh and three to start the year. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Jeremy Candy, does anybody else? Just boy have anything to say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, AFC North Preview, anybody.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing with the Bengals. All you got to do is stop them from scoring thirty points because their defense will give up thirty points. You stop them, You stop them from scoring thirty points, you beat the Bengals. And I'm not saying it's easy to do. What did they average that weren't They were like the third highest scoring team last year with like a twenty seven point eight points per game. So thirty points is the point break because every time he scored, they scored thirty plus points, they won, and the rest of the games where they didn't they lost.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, they played Cleveland week one, so they should have no problem holding Cleveland.
Speaker 3: They might score fifty four because Dallas even put up forty four on them last year season.
Speaker 6: So they're not going to start on two, all right, So Cleveland that's a win. Want to know Jacksonville, I don't know. I think a lot of people are sleeping on Jacksonville. It's not only the draft, but Liam Cohen, of course, is a huge coaching upgrade from what they've had before. Trevor Lawrence has weapons on the outside, He's got Etn and Biggs be In the backfield, he's got Hunter, not only Hunter, but Brian Thomas Junior as well. So they've got weapons. Now can they score thirty points? I don't know. I know Liam Cohen is a play caller, he was a really good play caller. How is he as a head coach? So that is to be determined. Minnesota loss, Denver loss, Detroit loss, green Bay loss, Pittsburgh, I don't know. Jets, I've got that as a win. So yeah, they're not gonna start on two, but it's definitely gonna be a slow start because Browns are a win, Jacksonville's a toss up. Minnesota, Denver, Detroit and green Bay are all losses, so there is a pretty good chance they do start two and four. Then you've got Pittsburgh, which is always gonna be a tough game. The Jets they should win. Bears, who I'm gonna get to it a little bit, Pittsburgh, New England Baltimore button, then that bought, and then you've got late November to mid December, you've got Baltimore, Buffalo, and then Baltimore again and then provided to us healthy, they've got their issues in the secondary. You're at Miami. So I don't know about Cincinnati. Again, as I mentioned earlier, if they can play a look at defense, they can be a playoff caliber team because that offense is going to score.
Speaker 4: Points right well, And can I ask this to you about Cincinnati's defense?
Speaker 2: Why you mentioned it? How in the world do you.
Speaker 4: Have a dude who has what sixteen sacks every year the last two years?
Speaker 2: How do you have somebody like that and suck on defense?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, the biggest thing on defense is a pass rush. Make it make sense either one?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, one good player doesn't make a good defense. I mean, I mean it would help if I mean, it would help if you didn't let the best safety in the in the NFL walk out the door right May previous year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, absolutely, a guy.
Speaker 6: Like Jesse Dates, the homegrown talent like that walk out the door.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I agree, But yeah, I mean to the one player doesn't make a defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't understand that part.
Speaker 4: But if you have him getting fourteen sacks a year, that shouldn't mean the other offenses have to pay attention to him, and they don't, you know what I mean. It's just like, yeah, let him eat, will beat you other ways. So yeah, to your point, that just means they have holes everywhere else, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I think like twenty of their cap is allocated toward Jamar Chase since Higgins, is that correct? I saw this somewhere.
Speaker 2: They just paid them boat load boatload They paid those guys. So, Taylor, what you got any more thoughts about the Browns?
Speaker 7: The fact sadness and they'll never make the playoffs period?
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm?
Speaker 4: Anything else about the a f C North Jeremy, y'all, I'll let y'all anybody, Candy, somebody take over a F North.
Speaker 1: The Ravens are gonna take it. Let's face it. I mean, there, there's the there, the overall complete in that, you know, division Steelers they're getting an Aaron Rodgers that, let's we all face it. He was in a He went from an okay situation in the Packers to the Jets, where we thought they would he'd be in a good situation, but quarterbacks go to kind of die over there, you know. But is he going to have a resurgence now going to the Steelers and the team that they have assembled remains to be seen. You know, he's a changed guy now he's married, he's in love, but he wouldn't wait, none of us know who he's married to. Bengals. That'll be an interesting it'll be interesting to see because they have they have kind of a tough schedule, like uh and the Browns. Yeah, well they can't decide they want to have five quarterbacks on their roster.
Speaker 6: Come on, really, they've got like four running backs as well, and one of them got arrested.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, that's crazy. But yeah, I think it's really the Ravens. It's the Ravens to lose, let's put it that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could agree. Gangbody out's got anything AFC North.
Speaker 3: I kind of just broke it down to basics to start. I think the Bengals and the Steelers are fighting for second place. I don't think the Browns can climb out of the basement, and the Ravens have it unlocked and less barring injury.
Speaker 4: The only one I could see coming for the Ravens would be the Bengals. I don't trust Aaron Rodgers and the Steelers. I mean TJ.
Speaker 2: Watt, a guy that they just paid.
Speaker 4: I mean, he went sackless like the last seven weeks of the season last year. Didn't he can't He might confirm that like he he was a non factor, non factor for the Steelers. Yeah, he was hurt or something. He I mean, he wasn't very good. And then the Browns yep, yeah, no go.
Speaker 2: The Factory of misery?
Speaker 6: Is that factory?
Speaker 2: Said, the factory of sadness?
Speaker 4: Sorry my baddy, but yeah, the AFC North And the last thing about the AFC North Shador Sanders, Dion Sanders.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 4: How about the great news that Deon Sanders got the other.
Speaker 6: Day y'all, Yeah, it's great to hear.
Speaker 2: That was fantastic.
Speaker 6: I know he's had some health issues for a while now. I know even when he was coaching Jackson State he had to have a couple of his toes amputated. So, yep, I think anytime you hear that hear that he is cancer free, that is of course always good news.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And that again that's why I wanted to mention it. It's a dirty sea word of mine. I've got plenty of them, you know them all. I've set him a million times, but cancer absolutely a dirty one. And I thought he was retiring. I thought, and somebody even reported that from Colorado like a media guy was like, Deon sa Anders is retiring.
Speaker 2: That was not the case. He got the great news.
Speaker 4: Jeremy, Taylor, Candy, were you guys all excited to hear about that good news as well?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean I'm happy with him, just glad it's over with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, I mean, nobody wishes cancer on anybody, and it's always good to hear when someone beats it. Once we're done with this topic, keep going. I want to address the chat room, but I want you guys to make sure that we're done with this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, well we're good.
Speaker 4: So from here, Jeremy, did you have anything to say about Prime.
Speaker 2: And beaten the cancer?
Speaker 3: Congratulations. I'm not gonna knock anybody. I personally don't like the man, but nobody deserves cancer, let's put it that way, right.
Speaker 4: I have a yeah, Hey, I understand people's frustration with him about being you know, too cocky or extravagant or whatever.
Speaker 2: And I like the guy.
Speaker 4: I don't like that he thinks he's like gonna win a national championship at Colorado, but hey, that's his competitive spirit. But fantastic for him to beat that. So we're gonna swap to NFC North in just a minute. Candy, you want to do a station break and then address or just address.
Speaker 1: I gotta address all of us because all these people are talking about cam Ward, and honestly, I don't you got you guys are saying he quit. He did not quit in the in the ball game. He had scouts there. Most guys don't even play in the ball game. He came out at half and I think part of that, honestly, was so that the Canes could see Emery Williams and how he was going to play, because they knew how Cam could do. Cam also knew that he didn't want to get injured. He knew he was going to be up there in the draft. They so he did not quit. Cam is a good quarterback. Ca Cam works with his legs. Cam's got a pretty good arm. He did not quit like some of you are talking about that he quit. That he showed you. No, he did not. That was they knew that going in, but so I just kind of wanted to get that out there because I covered the Canes all of last year. I was down at media day yesterday for the Hurricanes for this year. So what did he do in the second half? He did not play, but he also did not want to get injured so he would not hurt his draft status. He was a fifth year as I remember, so he had he was gonna come out. So yes, he did not play in the second half of that bowl game. And I know everyone's like, oh, he should have played, because then the Knes would have won. The Kanes would have done this, he would have had all kinds of stats, this, that and the other thing. But you also have to remember it you were he is playing, he did not. How do you know he quit or the maybe the maybe Mario Christopher pulled him. You do not know if he quit or if Mario pulled him because Mario wanted to see how Emory was gonna do, because Emory is the second was the second string. We talked to Emory yesterday. He is a great kid. He might not be a really good quarterback, he's a good backup, but he's a really good kid. So yes, we do not know the whole situation, and it could have already been predetermined exactly good.
Speaker 7: Some things are just lazy, disrespectful and stupid.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I like it, But uh, I was going to say about cam Ward. Do you know why you're not hearing a lot about cam Ward? What team does he play for? The Titans? Titans that that defense gave up more points than everybody else and they scored less points than everywhere everybody else. So until that team does something, you're not gonna hear a lot about cam Ward. That's just how it is. National media wants to hear about the teams at the top. They don't want to hear about the bottom, theters that add the Berke first pick and.
Speaker 1: You got and you got drafted to the Tennessee Titans. Yes, they're not a big media you know. It's not like a New York team or an LA team that you where the media is all in there and everything like that. So that's all I'm gonna say. I'm gonna do a quick station break. My husband wrote a book, Lessons from the Microphones during with some of visionary leaders. It is written by Scott Morgan. Roth talks about his forty plus years in the media business and how it has changed and evolved old school media versus new school media. It's available on Amazon, Burns and Noble, Kindle, Google and Apple Books. There's also a link on our website www. Dot self, Flirdatribune dot com where you can find that. You can find a link to our merchandise store. You can also find a plethora of great content, so go check it out. If you like to listen to podcasts, you can find you can listen to us, and wherever you find your podcast you can find us. If you see that red subscribe button in the lower right hand corner and you're watching and you're not watching through our channel, please subscribe to our channel, subscribe to everybody's channel that's here tonight. But then we also ask that you turn on the notification button because that tells you when we're going live. We are going to be putting up all kinds of interviews. Yesterday we did when we were at media day for the Hurricanes. Scott must have done I'm guessing at least ten interviews, so we're gonna be putting all those interviews up on our YouTube channel. But there is also a when we went on vacation. We did all kinds of interviews. We're gonna be putting some of those up watch for regular content. We're gonna be going to We're hopefully going to the Yankees Marlins game on Sunday. Hopefully we'll get some kind of SoundBite from them that we can put up. Besides all of our regular shows, Monday night we talk baseball, Tuesday night we talked football. Wednesday and Thursday nights you never know what we were talking about except thursnights. They also do typically talk hockey. But if you want to advertise or sponsor any one of our shows, please call Scott nine five four three oh four four night for one. And if you want to be on a guest on the show or have topic ideas, you can always email us at self flird attribute at gmail dot com. Okay, back to the rest. What else are we talking here.
Speaker 4: Nords, I'll tell you what. Let's get Taylor. Let's let him starty off. Taylor, give us everything that we need to know to spurn these comments for the NFC North, the Bears, the Packers, the Lions, and the Vikings.
Speaker 7: And go the Lions. They addressed uh Tate Ratledge's replacement for for Frank ragnow Tate Radlich has been doing spectacularly at training camp. Jared Goff of course, and his offense love the way that new offensive coordinator John Morton is scheming things, uh with the ball security and playmaking. Their defense. Of course they've suffered a few uh. Yeah, the North Division is hockey p just just stip just step back a bit.
Speaker 4: Pleaselling, Yeah, which I don't have time for.
Speaker 2: Ye know you're anyway, let's continue, Let's.
Speaker 7: Just continue on.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 7: The Packers they still have Jordan Love. Of course, they got rid of a few players. The division is going to be really tight. The Minnesota Vikings, man, I haven't done many in the research front from them. But the Bears they got new head coach Ben Johnson now the former offensive Lion offensive coordinator for the Lions, but of course Williams the quarterback. But anyway, I still think the Lions will take the division by a close margin. But you still got to play in the playoffs. The Lions learned it the hard way last last playoffs against the Commanders at home. It doesn't matter what what seed you're in, play the damn game, period.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, hm, Play the game.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that later on.
Speaker 4: What else though, You got anything else about the Vikings, the Bears, the Packers, or the Lions.
Speaker 7: That's it. That's all I have. I'll pass it on to whoever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, with so Detroit. Yeah, they lose Zeitler, they lose rag Now, but I did like the Tate Ratlers pick for them. I liked him when he was at the University of Georgia and I think he in due time, he will fill in nicely for rag Now. I don't know if he'll be as productive of a player rag Now was, but I think he will be a good fit for them. They did draft Tylee Williams defensive tackle in the first round as well, so those two kind of headline their draft. As you mentioned. They lost Ben Johnson to Chicago. They lose Aaron Glenn to the Jets. Now they have John Morton and Killed Sheppard, respectively. They are turning nearly all of their offensive weapons. You've got golf Montgomery Gibbs reporta Aman rah Jmo had his first career one thousand yard season. He was finally able to get on the field consistently. They add dj Reed to their secondary, which did need some help, which needs some help outside of branch In Joseph. They resigned Derek Barnes, and it looked like they were in position to make another deep run, make a run at the Super Bowl, but unfortunately they had some injuries, especially on the defensive side of the ball. You have Hutch as the headliner, but you had Angelone, Alee McNeil, Carlson Davis, and I do believe I'm not saying they would have beat Washington, but I do believe that if they were healthy, and if they had those guys for that game, then maybe there is a possibility that that game against Washington doesn't happen the way it does because people talk about the turnovers. They scored thirty one points that game, so offense did their part to win that game. Defense couldn't stop Jayden Daniels at all. No answers whatsoever. Minnesota, they are returning basically nearly the entire the entirety of their starting lineup from last year. The big question is JJ McCarthy. But Kevin O'Connell just seems to have away with quarterbacks. You saw what he did with Sam Darnold. I think Kirk Cousins had the best year of his career in Kevin O'Connell's offense and tacking. Twenty twenty three, he was winning games with Josh Dobbs, pulled Josh Dobbs off the street, came here to Atlanta and won a game. So and then you've got Green Bay. They're talented as usual on both sides of the ball, as they have been for a long time. Jordan Love I think will be the X factor for them. He had a great second half of twenty twenty three, took a step back last season. Can he get back to that level he did in the second half of twenty three and why they gave him that big contract. They did draft a wide receiver in the first round for the first time since two thousand and two, Matthew.
Speaker 2: Golden, and they didn't even do it for a a Ron Right.
Speaker 6: And the part that is so intriguing about that is that they have a wide receiver room filled with guys that are high ceiling guys but are not consistent, like not number ones that you have Watson Dobbs read so, but they need a difference maker on the outside. Can he be that difference maker? Defensively? They did lose Jai Year the issue is why they or not. He could still play, obviously, but he just couldn't stay on the field. But I still think their secondary is in good shape. They have McKinny, they have Javon bowlerd. They have Nate Hobbs. Notably linebacker kway Walker. He's another product of the University Georgia, first round pick for them a couple of years ago, had his fifty year option then declined, so this is a big year for him. It's a proven deal for him. They do, ever, Sean Gary, who just made it to his first Pro Bowl, surprisingly enough, given no consistent he's been. So I do expect them to be in the fold in the NFC like they have been the last thirty thirty five years. The Bears. Here's my hot take. I was referring to.
Speaker 2: Oh, here's my hot take.
Speaker 6: This is my hot take.
Speaker 4: Everybody, everybody tune in, every list, Let's go.
Speaker 7: Not only we'll just let him speak, please, thank you.
Speaker 6: So the Bears have never had a this is not it, but the Bears have never had a quarterback pass for over four thousand yards in their history. Only will Caleb Williams be the first Bears quarterback to pass for over four thousand yards. Ben Johnson will win Coach of the Year and the Bears will win the NFC North. Why they addressed their two biggest issues, which was coaching in the offensive line. Like there was talent on that roster last year, it was the coaching in the offensive line that held them back. We saw in the game Thanksgiving, more specifically against Detroit where Matt Eberfuss doesn't call that time out, Caleb gets sacked, they end up losing. But most notably, Caleb Williams was sacked sixty eight times. That is the third most in NFL history. No quarterback is going to succeed with that, regardless of the weapons they have on the outside, like aromadons a d. J. Moore. You got DeAndre Swift. Swift in the backfield. So they make the trades for Joe Tuney with the Chiefs, they get Jonah Jackson from the Rams, and of course they sign Drew Dahmen away from Atlanta in free agency, and they add two more weapons for Caleb in the draft, Coleston Lovelin in the first round, and then they go and draft Luther Burden in the second. So their offense is consist of guys like Darnel Wright, Drew Dahmen, Joe Tuning, and Jonah Jackson up front. You've got Deandres DeAndre Swift in the backfield. Then you've got Lovelin, Cole kamet, Roma Doonz and Dj Moore all for Caleb to play with. Now, the defense, they already had Javon Dexter, they already had Montes Sweat. You go out and get Grady Jarrett. Now, Grady, take it from me. He's not one one of the league's top defensive tackles anymore, especially at thirty two, and you're removed from that ACL tear in twenty three, but he still provides a lot of what you want in a locker room and a lot of what you want on the field. He's a veteran leader, team captain and still reliable, one of the better dts against the run. So you have a guy that can still that is still effective against the run in a veteran presence and leader in the locker room. You have Jalen Johnson. You have Kevin Byrd career high hundred and thirty tackles at age thirty. Now I know Ryan Poles has come under a lot of heat the last couple of years. A lot of people thought that he should have been out of there with Matt Eberflus. Oh, not to mention, you have Dennis Sallin as your defensive coordinator. Now, say what you want about it. As a head coach, he couldn't get it done at two separate stops. But he is a really good defensive coordinator. We saw in Denver, we saw in New Orleans. He can coach a defense and this Bears defense has talent on it on the front end, in the back end. But he has done a really good job putting this roster together. And people talk about the Lions, I feel like that is the fact that they lost both of their coordinators is not talked about enough. I mean, I'm not saying it's going to happen, but we've seen what happens in the past when you lose a really good coordinator. We saw in Atlanta after Kyle Shanahan left, that office was quite the same. Carolina Panthers when that defense lost Sean McDermott, they weren't the same. Seattle the Legion of Boom when they lost Dan Quinn, that defense wasn't the same. And when Dallas. They lost Dan Quinn. Last year, they became the worst run defense in the league. They couldn't stop anyone. And then Green Bay. Is Jordan Love going to get back to his twenty twenty three self? Vikings the question mark with JJ McCarthy. I just think the fact that they upgraded tremendously their two biggest needs, which are coaching in the offensive line. And I'm really high on Ben Johnson. I'm really high. That's why I'm high on the Bears. I think they are going to win the NFC North.
Speaker 1: Interesting, listen the Bears.
Speaker 2: Jeremy Hey, jump in. What's you got?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna start and say, I think the loser of this division has eight or nine wins. I think the winner of this division has twelve. We're gonna beat up on each other hard. I think everybody wins their home games. I don't think any team wins on the road. That's how close the top to the bottom. Here's the bad part about it. You said a couple of questions about key teams. The Packers' biggest question is they didn't address the pass rush, which was the worst in the NFL last year. It was even worse than the Lions, and people made fun of it. Number two, they also lost JayR Alexander. That makes their secondary worse, not better. It isn't as good as it was. They needed more. If you knew you weren't going to resign JayR Alexander, their first pick shouldn't have been wide receiver again this year. It should have been a cornerback. That's just my opinion on it, because losing Jayra Alexander. When he's on the field, he's a top ten corner period. When he's playing, he's that good. But the problem is he doesn't play enough. That's why they didn't want to extend him and they made the move they did, so be it. He didn't want to play for what they offered. Let's put it that way. They offered him a fair amount for the amount of time that he stayed on the field. It wasn't top ten money, but it wasn't bottom money either. They offered a middle of the field, veteran access veteran star money like in the upper fifteen. So if you'd took that money and stayed there, they would be better off. The worst secondary in the division by far is the Minnesota Vikings. Yeah, and they did not address their cornerback room. It's the exact same two starters on the outside they had last year. So I don't, you know, while they're good at it, and while they're great at stuff in the run and they can get to the passer, they can't stop anybody downfield. So this is why I don't know who's gonna be on bottom and I don't know who's going to be on top. But at the same time, I understand the coordinator thing. But Johnny Martin was actually a part of the Lions back in twenty twenty two, and it was rumored that he was in the room with Ben Jonson and Jared Goff helping to develop that playbook that they did that when Jared Goff took off. Because he's had three consecutive years over four thousand yards and almost two to one touchdown interception ratio. Ever since he is a pass happy offensive coordinator. He does use the run to set up the pass and the play action, but he doesn't Instead of it being fifty five percent run, it's probably gonna be more like a forty eight to fifty two split now with the run just being just under the fifty percent and passing more, which tells me Jared Goff might be lighting it up. And by the way, the whole defense is talking about Jamison Williams. If it wasn't for Jarrion Arnold hitting him so hard that he knocked his helmet off with a chest hit the other day, that guy might have ran for four touchdowns in that game, that that practice game. So I think the Lions offense, I think it's still a great team. And our defensive coordinator that we have now was actually a part of that Aaron Glenn group. It's Calvin Shepard. So it's not like we're gonna The only thing we did was he added a linebacker to the scheme instead of the four two five, where we running the traditional four to three again.
Speaker 2: It'll be interesting, Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 6: And well yeah, and I know, Jeremy you mentioned the in house promotion party work. And because the continuity and the familiarity with what they had on the flip side, let's flash back a couple of years Shane Stike and leaves Philadelphia takes a head coaching job in Indianapolis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they put their second.
Speaker 6: Johnson within offense didn't look didn't look the same at all, and Jalen Hurts had a down year, but so I do think there is a flip side to that. But again it's interesting. I do think, well, the Lions will take a step back, they'll be a playoff team. But I just really like what the Bears have going on.
Speaker 3: So my window of wins for each team, and I yell because where the Bears are coming from, they have to learn how to be a winner. They're not a winner yet as an organization. They they found ran new and interesting ways to lose all last season. And it started with that Commander's game.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that's where because they were they were four and two going into that.
Speaker 3: Game, right, and then when when what's his name wasn't paying attention, had to run across the field, jumps in front of a guy that had positioned for the interception and tips it and it went to Noah Brown for the touchdown. That's what cost him the game. It's almost as bad as that game that we had when we could have beat the Green Bay Packers. Packers on the hail Mary, and who's sitting in the flat as a rookie corner who's one of the best in the league right now. It was Darius Slay. How do you have Darius Lay in the flat when they're running hail Mary.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely. And that's why I really like their offseason acquisitions, particularly at the line of scrimmage, because not only did you get improving veterans, good players, but you got guys that know what it's like to be in big moments. Yeah. Grady Jarrett hasn't played in the playoff game since twenty seventeen, but he did play in the Super Bowl and he sacked Tom Brady three times in it. You have Tremaine Edmonds who had multiple playoff runs with the Bills. You hat Kevin Byrd played in the NFC Championship in Tennessee. You've got Joe Tooney who's won Super Bowls in Kansas City, Jonah Jackson who's been on several playoff runs with the Rams. So, and then you've got Yeah, he's a rookie at coach, but Ben Johnson knows what it is like to coach in big games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm sorry to Candy. Hey, can we remove?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can we remove? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I mean, I don't I don't know what that's about. Yeah, no, no, no, no, I mean the comments in the private chat though remain chat.
Speaker 2: They will remain private. But what we're trying to do a lot of show we ain't got time. We ain't got time for that.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, I think the window of wins for the Chicago Bears is they're not going to go below what they had last year. But I think it's more in the seven to ten range because they got to prove to me they can get past eleven and twelve runs. The Minnesota Vikings is the one I give the widest margin because they don't have a secondary and you don't know what you got in JJ McCartney. I trust Kevin O'Connell to get the most out of them a ken, but is that good enough to keep Sam Howell on the bench, who actually for the first eight games of the season last season he was with the Commanders, he was one of the best quarterbacks in the league till the offensive line got hurt. Once that offensive line got hurt, that's when he looked back. Dave Canalis, you talked about Kevin O'Connell and what he does for cornerbacks. Look at the resurrection of Gino Smith and Baker Mayfield due to Dave Canalis and then the last five games of the year when Bryce Young took back over for Carroll line on how he looked like a totally different quarterback than he did the entire first half of the season. So there's all of that there. You know, there's all sorts of things that we just don't know. Ben Johnson is a great offensive coordinator, but we don't know what he'll be as a coach.
Speaker 6: I mean, I do like the staff he's put together, especially with the Dennis Saalin high defensive coordinator.
Speaker 3: Right, I do like that too. I like then that you know who who's out of those two coordinators that left the biggest head scratcher to me. Aaron Glenn's a defensive coordinator and a new head coach, yet he goes with her first year offensive coordinator in Tanner Engstrom, who was our passing game coordinator in Detroit. But he did do something smart. What's the one thing Aaron glenn defense couldn't do? Stop justin fields? We got just that man. That man ran all over Aaron Glenn's defense because he doesn't use the blitz. And that's the biggest thing I heard about Calvin Shepard is he likes to blitz.
Speaker 4: And and here let me, can I chi him in here real quick if I could. So, there's one thing I've heard about Justin Fields. I've heard it on National Sports Talk radio. A caller called in and apparently had a tidbit of information. I think I've even told Samir this before, where Justin Fields apparently is on some kind of seizure medication.
Speaker 6: Yeah for years actually yeah right, yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, I'm not even sharing new news. But I feel like that's been a lot of his hesitation. So if you don't put him in an offense though, where he feels like he's having to think a lot versus react and just do what I need to do, I feel like that could be his big issue for Justin Fields. So I think Aaron Glenn knowing him is going to put him in a great spot for the Jets. But can Caleb Williams and Ben Johnson do that for the NFC North? That's what we're talking. Can Ben Johnson put him in that position? Can Detroit? Can they just recycle next man up? You lost two coordinators, see it happen all the time.
Speaker 1: But JD. The one thing I will say about the Lions, look at how many players they had injured last year and now they didn't fall up. Like I get. Part of that is the coordinators, you know, coaching him up and stuff like that. But Dan Campbell's not gonna let his coordinators not coach up his team or let them drop off either. I don't. I mean, I will say one thing yesterday one of the questions I asked one of the coaches down at Miami, who's the running backs co Out of all the coaches in the NFL, who do you emulate most? And who do you would you you know, like to be more or you're more like? And he said, Dan Campbell.
Speaker 3: Now here's one more thing about that NFC NFC divisional game that we lost versus Washington. Everybody forgets their first two drives, they didn't score any points. Why Meek Robertson was on the field once he broke his arm. We had no secondary left because we had to put Khalil Dorsey and Kendall Vildor out there.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: And then so just to wrap up my NFC North thoughts, and then Candy can get hers in.
Speaker 2: And then we can move on to something else.
Speaker 4: But the rest of my NFC North thoughts was can Kevin O'Connell, do it again, Kirk Cousins, Sam Darnold, JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 2: I don't know that he can.
Speaker 4: I've got I've got Packers winning the conference, and so I've got Detroit literally maybe even with the same record, but because of head to head Green Baby and in over then as winning the division.
Speaker 2: So I've got Green Bay, Detroit and a tie.
Speaker 4: I got the Vikings in third and the Bears in fourth, and the same as Jeremy, you mentioned it three games apart, I say the same thing for the NFC South.
Speaker 3: You have the NFC South. I think the winner will have ten and the loser of it all will have seven wins.
Speaker 2: Six or seven. Yeah, yeah, same way. Yeah, they'll win more that way for sure.
Speaker 3: I think the Bucks are still going to win that division, but they're outside the division. Schedule is so brutal. Yeah, if you look at who they got to play on the road and everything else.
Speaker 2: Don't tell Samir, but I'm kind of leaning Atlanta, right, I know.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, yeah, Jeremy, it's understandable. Yeah, I mean yeah, the Falcons have looked good on paper. We have look good on paper. Twenty twenty three to twenty twenty four, but you could argue that we should have won the division or could have won the division both those years. But whether it be bad coaching gaffs, or bad quarterback play or whatever it is, we just can't seem to get out of our own way and just finding new ways to lose week in and week out. We can't seem to get out of our own way. So it's understandable, and I like our chances of winning the division. We went out and addressed our biggest need, which is the pass routch which has been our biggest need for the last decade. But understandable. We've got to prove it. We've got a quarterback. While I'm all in on him, he's only played in three games, but we've got offensive weapons. We've got a mix of veterans and some young guys with high upside defensively, but we've got to go out improve it. You know, I've seen some Falcons fans be up in arms about us being ranked twenty fifth in Fox's Power rankings. I wrote an article about it. You've seen people up in arms about the Falcons only over under having being or being only at seven and a half wins. But why should we get the benefit of the doubt. What have the Falcons done to earn that outside respect? Like, if we want that respect, if we want the benefit of the doubt, we've got to go out and earn it by winning football games and playing meaningful football in January. So yeah, that's understandable.
Speaker 4: I'm listen, I'm on Atlanta. I don't necessarily I'm so torn.
Speaker 2: I literally I think.
Speaker 6: I just don't trust Raheem Morris.
Speaker 3: I really, man, I was praying to God you'd say that, because that's I think. I think that's your biggest downfall right now is Rahee Morris. Yo, you're your previous coach wasn't that bad, but he had no talent there and they got.
Speaker 2: Arthur Smith was terrible.
Speaker 3: But that's all I got to say. Desmond rheterer Kyle Pitts being like Julio Jones gets a ton of ton of yards between the twenties and develops an allergy to the end zone. I mean, the guy more touchdown passes in his careers.
Speaker 6: Now he's got his issue is that, Like he's got the physical tools, the athleticism, the speed. When he's got the ball, he just it's in there. Number one, Like there's footage of him clearly checked out during plays. But number two, he's just never been a good route runner. Like when he was in college at Florida, he would just run right by guys. But you're not going to do that in the NFL. Players are a lot better, a lot faster. You can't do that in the NFL. He's got to be a better route runner. And this is a proven year for him, the last year of his rookie deal, whether it be from the Falcons or's another NFL team. If he wants a new contract, he's got to prove it this year. So that's all I gotta say about Kyle Pitts. But yeah, I like what we have on paper. But it's just hard when the guy that you don't trust is the guy leading the operation, whether it be from mishandling Kirk's injury last year to the team, especially defensively, like failing to get off the bus Week eighteen against Carolina, a must win game. Bryce Young comes into our building and puts forty four on our head and he must win game. And we lose that game because our head coaches supposed specialty or strong point didn't even show up. And then of course you have the way the game was coached against Washington the end of that game. So it's just things and like we're.
Speaker 3: You guys were leading that game right in Washington.
Speaker 4: It was tied and I'm sorry, hold up, time up. Candy is the host of the show. I'm the co host, and y'all two have hijacked the show so far as that we're talking about Atlanta and we're supposed to be talking about the NFC North.
Speaker 2: So did ye ya?
Speaker 1: But that wait a minute, we all did that.
Speaker 2: We all, we all we go down rabbit holes, we all do. That's all well and good. It was good conversation.
Speaker 3: That's what was here exactly.
Speaker 2: And I shoot, I forgot what I was about to say. It's about Atlanta.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, it's Candy, but I did have something about Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Y'all just said. But Candy, my dirty s word. Candy, take it away.
Speaker 1: Oh back to the NFC North, come on, Oh my goodness, this is gonna be. What I'm gonna say, is this gonna be interesting division this year? I really do, I really do feel that way. I do see I do see the Bears improved. I I'm really questioning where I think I'm gonna see the Packers. I would love to say they're gonna be really good. I want to see how well Jordan Love meshes with his wide receivers. And yes, our defenses hasn't been there, and now we moved one of our wide receivers to cornerback Milton. Let's see how well he does there, whether he adjusts to it or not.
Speaker 3: He did pretty good beat down as a wide receiver last year.
Speaker 4: Exactly so you know, Swater swabing to dB D.
Speaker 1: But I do think. I do think it'll be between either the Lions or the Packers on top. I don't know. It's so hard to say what JJ McCarthy's gonna do because we haven't seen it. You know, he hasn't had a chance, so it's hard to say. And now that he's got a new coach, like, it's hard to say what he's gonna do. But I do think the Bears will be improved. I do not think they will overtake either the Packers or the Lions. Sameir. That's my opinion. I respect yours. I just don't see it yet.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that it won't happen in the future, but I think one of the reasons why I think the Packers will be up there yet is the Packers returned a lot of the same players from last year, and last year they were a young team, very young. They were one of the youngest teams. And so I think when you return that and you have the cohesiveness and you have the speed because normally the younger you are this you know, the more speed you have, I think they'll still be very good up there.
Speaker 5: So I think this.
Speaker 1: Will be a tough division, and not that it hasn't been because they've always played each other tough, because, let's face it, the oldest rivalry in the NFL lands in that division with the Packers versus the Bears.
Speaker 5: That is the oldest.
Speaker 1: Rivalry in the NFL. So, Samir, it might be. It might be the are two. You know, my pick in your pick, But last year, I mean it was Lions that took it. So it'll be good. It'll be good football. I'm just excited for it this time.
Speaker 4: We're all we're all just excited for football at this point. Apparently, let's see where did the comment just go? Somebody said, hey, what is up with this live? It's like everyone somehow has a contact tie or they're infected with the sillies.
Speaker 3: Hey, I like to have fun when I talked football.
Speaker 2: I mean I like that fun period. I mean, if I'm not here to have fun, what the hell are we doing? Exactly?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then oh yeah, somebody mentioned DJ DJ DJ you dj oohi ungulay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he completely missed on his last name.
Speaker 2: It should have been pronounced you could lately dingling ding ding ding ding. That's all I got, Folks, come out.
Speaker 1: Did we complete our NSC preview?
Speaker 4: I think so, Candy at this point, I think so. But if anybody else has something to say, please say.
Speaker 1: It, because otherwise I would say, let's let's switched over to my town. We might as well do that because we all know that that's a segment that and since I think I have talked the least.
Speaker 3: When they go for go ahead exactly. So.
Speaker 1: One of the things that really disappointed me last year was the Wisconsin Badgers football team. Now, for those of you that might know or don't know, the Badgers ended their twenty two year bowl streak last season that that was the longest streak in all of college football, and they did not go to a bowl last year, and you wonder why. So I thought it was really interesting because what they decided this year during the offseason is that they thought the culture wasn't there with Luke Fickle and the Badgers, that they weren't gelling together playing as a team. So Wisconsin players only needed to go through their phones to provide evidence that they're fixing the culture issues that led to the end of the Badger's twenty two year bowl streak. Last season, Strength coach Brady Collins organized an off season contest in which he asked players to send him a photo whenever they went out with the teammate. Players were awarded or I can't talk, awarded points for each photo they sent, with a prize going to the position group with the highest score. The Badger said those types of activities helped them make them much closer than they were a year ago. At the start, that sounds like kind of silly, but when you get into it and it's kind of like a game. Outside linebacker Aaron Witt said, then it became natural. It went from forcing yourself to hang to hang out with your teammates to actually wanting to be around them. Wisconsin knew it had to improve its culture after going five and seven last year for its first losing season since two thousand and one, snapping what had been the longest active streak of BOLL appearances by any power for team. This isn't quite what Wisconsin expected when it hired Luke Fickle last year. A lot of guys just kind of gave up near the end. Linebacker Christian Allegro said, guys weren't really close together and picking each other up. I think the big thing this offseason was getting the guys out and hanging together. I think we've all said that the guys really have to have each other's backs, they have to like each other, they have to, you know, gel together. And I think sometimes we forget now with Nil how quickly college teams turn over and how it's a new team every year.
Speaker 2: But crulose to.
Speaker 1: Wisconsin because I think that just a cool It's a quirky thing to do, but I think that was a cool thing to get them to gel together and to learn to be together. And one of the things that you hear previous quarterbacks in the league say how he'd during the offseason, he'd go out with his guys, his offensive line line, his wide receivers, get to know them and get to feel, you know, get to just personal level because you work so much with these and you're with these guys so much that if you don't like them and you can't gel, how are you gonna how's that gonna show on the field? You know, we talked about some of these guys that I mean, let's face it, Aaron Rodgers, how well does he you know, how many rings does he have? Yes, he has been successful, but does he have the same buy in? I would argue Dan Campbell's team has buy in. All of them want to play for him, and you hear about his culture.
Speaker 2: It's important I them. Dang can't people man? They bite your knees off?
Speaker 3: What is the name of my channel? Knee cap biting with the MotorCity Lions?
Speaker 4: You nee cap biting? Mother lover family show people eyes up here. Y'all thought I was going to say it, didn't you?
Speaker 1: So one of the quotes, the best teams in football are the closest teams. Offensive lineman Joe Runners said they might not be the most talented, but the closest teams are what creates success on the football field because you trust one another. I don't think I've ever been this close to defensive guys on the team, and that's pretty special. So I look forward to seeing what that how that translate to on the field.
Speaker 4: You mentioned a dirty sea word, chemistry, culture, culture.
Speaker 3: Pretty colorful sea word. I like chemistry, complacency. I didn't say that. That's a bad word.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that, Jeremy, I've got a whole list of them. We talk about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Samir over there typing furiously fast and furious, Samir, Samir, you got anything for your town or your parting take?
Speaker 7: Yep, So.
Speaker 6: Very quiet on the Hawks ended things. Since the summer league ended, Falcons training camp started, and uh. While the top pick of the draft, Jalen Walker, is currently nursing a hamstring injury, James Pierce Junior, the guy we traded a future first for to move up and get him, the controversial pick, the guy with the supposed character concerns, has been the star of the show at training camp. He's getting after the quarterback both Panics and cousins. He's getting the best of one of the better off offensive lines in the NFL. He even started a fight during training camp with one of our guards, Matthew bergeron and which is notable because I don't I can't recall the last time the Falcons had a fight at training camp since probably year one of Arthur Smith maybe. And the reason why it's so different is because for years, yeah, we've had good players like, you know, a Grady we had, we had a j Serell, we had Babino, We've had you know, a Brent Grimes, and we've got Jesse Bates now. But this is so different because for years we have needed a guy with edge on the with like with a little bit of edge on this team figuratively, figuratively, We've needed an a hole on this defense for years and it feels like we finally have one. Hopefully it translates over to the field. Michael Pennix has looked better as training camp has progressed. There were issues with mister Reads. He had a couple of drop passes on Day two, but he has looked better progressively as training camp has gone on. Even though he took a small step back today went over three in the red zone, including an interception, but overall he has gotten progressively better. Xavier Watts third round pickout in Order Dame. He's getting some runs with the Ones. Ruke ro Roe, the Clemson product. We drafted him in the second round last year, traded up to get him. He's gonna be killing in for a Grady. We're gonna need him this year, and seems like he is, from what I've heard, getting pressures, getting sacks regularly constantly. Arnold Abackhetti, Zach Harrison apparently stopped a couple of runs, so yeah, they're there. Billy Bowman has gotten some runs with the Ones.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 6: There's a lot to look forward to on that end. With Falcons training camp, there is excitement again in the Falcons fan base, as there is with any other NFL fan base with the start of the season. Now, let's get to the elephant in the room, the flaccid clown show of an organization, the Atlanta Braves. The Atlanta Braves organization is a joke. I never thought i'd be saying this about them. You know, during my lifetime, they've usually been a consistent playoff contender. Now what they do with it is a different story. But you never got the vibes of dysfunction or a lack of direction, even during the rebuild years. In twenty fifteen twenty sixteen, seventeen. You never got a vibe of dysfunction. You never got a vibe that this thing's got no direction and the people in charge are asleep at the will. Well, we've got it now. People have different opinions on what needs to happen, what players need to go. When Snit retires, who's going to be the next manager. But I think it's evidently clear and we are at this point. Alexanthopolis has to go. We've got to get them out of here. At some point, people have to be held accountable, and accountability, seemingly for years has been an issue in this organization, whether it's continuing to put the same players who don't deserve it in high leverage positions, Snit barely changing the lineup, the general manager, seemingly dodging the hard questions from the media. All they throw at them is softball questions, not the hard questions. With the job he has done the last four years. Twenty twenty two, first round exit twenty twenty three, you had a bad deadline first round exit again, mind you again to the same team, the division rival Phillies. After one hundred wins season twenty twenty four. Okay, he made the Chris Sale trade all right, Son Renaldo Lopez Okay, another bad deadline, nothing besides trade for Jorges Solaer and Luke Jackson, whose arm has been cooked the last couple of years. First round exit.
Speaker 2: Yep, Hey, samar I I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm gonna have to cut you off.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 4: Hey, we're getting closed on time. We've got Jeremy. He's got a little something he's got to deal with. We're gonna have to get him out of here, and we've got to be out of here in like fifteen minutes. That's fine, So sorry to cut you off, Miami.
Speaker 6: It's time to move on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hear you on, Alex. Yeah, Jeremy, what you got brother?
Speaker 3: Well, even though the Lions got their butts up with their backups tonight, because that's what this was, as a display of backups, we did have a couple people shine a mad hasanin a seventh round pick, managed to put together three tackles, one solo. Isaac Taslah, the third round pick we traded up for that was rumored that the Bills, the Saints, and even the Rams tried to move up to that seventieth pick to get had two targets for two catches and forty three yards, so that's a big plus that that third rounder isn't wasted. Other than that, there isn't much to talk about. Grant Stewart did a great job and got a stripsack fumble, but he had trouble when he tried to return. He averaged thirty one yards, but he fumbled the ball to give the ball back to give up a quick seven to the Chargers early in the game, so that went down to thirty four to seven. The Tigers, on the other hand, are tied for the best record in baseball, still leading the division by nine games. They picked up Chris Paddock on Tuesday, who pitched on Wednesday, went five innings, gave up one under run, and had seven strikeouts and zero walks, which that's what they said he needed to work on. And if you actually look at the team he came off of, the Twins, that team's leading in airs in the entire league. Is another reason why they're selling. So your if your defense isn't helping you protect, guess what you can't win and you will give up runs because once they get on base, eventually once they get past the next base, they end up becoming your earned run. So we picked him up. We picked up closer Kyle Finnegan from Washington because our closer hasn't been doing his job. We've lost games in the ninth inning that were close. We also picked up Paul Hoard. We picked up Paul Sewell Raphael Montero as I mentioned earlier in the show. So we were effective getting mid rich doing exactly what I said, getting mid level guys that weren't doing great on bad teams, but they were playing on bad teams. Now, I'll leave it at.
Speaker 1: That, how they can get a hold of you and support you, and then we'll let you sign off and we'll finish wrapping up so you can take care of what.
Speaker 3: You need to take care of well by the end of the weekend. You will see my first off season review of the Lions on the MotorCity Tribune right here on the South Florida Tribune website. You can also see me here every Thursday talking on Fire Up with JD. Candy. I hope some hers back next week again because I enjoyed it, and whoever else you guys decide to bring in because it's a blast just talking sports in general. Then you can find me on my channel which is kneecat Biting with the MotorCity Lions, where I go live anywhere from seven to nine times a week Monday through Friday at noon. Wednesdays and Thursdays are my other two shows that I host myself. Wednesday is the NFL Roundtable Talks and Friday is the lie Fan Cave Chat where I invite podcasters and other fans of the Lions into play. I'm also a part of the Huddle Sports Network and I am on the Huddle Sports app on Roku and Firestick.
Speaker 1: Sounds good. Thanks, Jeremy, it was good to have you back.
Speaker 3: It was great to be back. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: Sounds good.
Speaker 2: Thanks and yep, Jeremy, it was a pleasure to meet you. Good sir.
Speaker 4: You can find me at Southern Sports JD on YouTube. If you send me a screenshot you are subscribed. You will be registered to win a twenty five dollars gift card to the business of your choice. And Samir, I wanted to apologize. I'm sorry I had to cut you off there.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I love your passion. You literally meant you can talk for days about it. I love it, man, you never are just like man, I don't know and nothing to say about it. You you nail the passion part of being a fan, and that is what we're gonna do on fire up in Southern Pride, sports and everything in between. I'll share this big news. I told Candy the other day, I'm actually I'm gonna be the host of a college football kickoff show this year, Thank God for football. For whatever reason, they think that I can host a college football kickoff show. So, by golly, that's what I'm gonna go do, and I am excited about it. Amped up. I'm always amped up, man. It's just fans. We just talking. We having a good time. Ain't no reason get mad, Ain't no reason get upset. Be kind, be blessed, not stressed, and just be kind to one another. It is about all I've gotten to say about it. At the end of the day, Miss Candy sa mirror.
Speaker 1: I I know you wrote an article I have yet I'm gonna be putting that up hopefully yet tonight. But how can people find you and uh support you?
Speaker 6: Besides here, you can find me on Twitter my ex labe. My ex handle is below at l Underscore Samir two for one, so you can find me there. I post a lot of content there and post some of my articles there. I try to post some quips from this show there as well, so that's where you can find me.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Let me do my last go around. Of course, my husband wrote a book.
Speaker 2: I was like, can I say that first? Real quick?
Speaker 1: You sure can?
Speaker 2: Her husband wrote a book, not my husband, but her husband.
Speaker 1: He did, and it's called Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning into the during Wisdom of Visionary and Leaders. It talks about his forty plus years in the industry and how it has changed and evolved. It's available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Google, and Apple Books. If you're a fan, let's see there's a picture of a young Scott with a young Muhammad Ali. There's a picture of him and Tommy Lasorda in there. There is all kinds of great stories. He's got great stories to tell, so go get your copy today again. Available on Amazon, Burns and Noble, Kindle, Google, and Apple Books. Also a link on our website www dot self Florida Tribune dot com, where there is a plethora of great content, so go check it. Out. If you want to listen to any of our podcasts, you can find us wherever you get your podcast Monday nights on one hundred eight, such as Baseball Talk. We Talk Baseball Tuesday Nights Inside the Pigskin, Wednesday Night Sports Exchange. You never know what you're talking about Thursday Night's Sports Rap and then.
Speaker 5: Fire Up, Fire Up.
Speaker 1: You just never know what we're gonna be talking about, although we do tend to talk about but a lot of football because we all look like the football stuff. But if you want to advertise or sponsor any of our shows or all of our shows, call Scott nine five four three or four four nine one. And if you want to be a guest or have topic ideas, you can email us at South Florida Tribune at gmail dot com any last minute thoughts.
Speaker 2: Just as you said, Just as you said, reach out to us. Okay, if you've got I think it.
Speaker 4: Was Men's Mental Health Month, Women's I don't care whatever.
Speaker 2: If you need something, reach out.
Speaker 4: As the kids say, my dms are open. I can talk sports, real life, whatever. So we appreciate Taylor and Jeremy sameir, Scott Candy, anybody associated with Greenville Sports Media, South Florida.
Speaker 2: Tribune, everybody in between. We love you all.
Speaker 4: We hope you have a great night, be blessed, not stressed, and Bang bang Southern Friday Gang.
Speaker 6: Thanks everybody, it's pleasure. As always, tune in next week. As Southern Fries said, my dms on Twitter are open. I like interacting with my followers. You want to talk sports, pop culture, life, whatever it is, I'm open on Twitter. So as always, I will see you next week.
Speaker 1: We appreciate everybody in the comment section commenting and supporting the shows. Loved the interaction. And one last thing. We have two division. We have two divisions lust next week that we have not covered the South AFS. No, it's the West. The West.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, I was gonna say we got four, don't know I missed one, so yeah, well yeah West exactly.
Speaker 1: So with that being said, everybody have a great weekend and you know football is starting. Enjoy Thanks everybody, good night,