Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome Wenchael, welcome in this time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust sun First is coming in just a matter of days.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, eleven days we have.
Speaker 1: But Tina and Trey both in studio here today and I got to tell you, I can't wait. This is going to be awesome. Now, Tina, I was talking to you in the green room. We really don't have green room, but anyway, we've got more people in the marketplace than ever before. We had to create more room.
Speaker 2: They did. Charles had to give us my room.
Speaker 3: I kind of requested it and he was kind enough to give me more space.
Speaker 2: So it was awesome.
Speaker 3: So we're kind of taking over some area that hasn't been used before. So you know, we're just making it better for everybody. So no matter where you go, you're going to see things. You're going to see the marketplace, you're going to see our nonprofits, to see just.
Speaker 2: All different types of vendors out there.
Speaker 3: A little bit of everything will be out there that weekend and you'll be able to visit with people and see some amazing artisans that we've collected over this last year, and a lot of people came back from last year, so we're thrilled to pieces.
Speaker 1: My goodness, and Trey. We've got a lot going on. And I understand that, of course, all the food being sold out there is cottery neutral because you'll be walking it off.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm already starting to think about the Dippin' Dots Indian Taco's final.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know, just is corn dogs out there, dogs on sticks.
Speaker 2: Did you know that we have a corn guy this year.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I knew that or oh yeah, talking about it.
Speaker 3: I love when they thrilled that corn open and all different seasonings going on top of that, so awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, we got some great entertainment coming up, Yes we do.
Speaker 4: We got to watch show, yeah, yep, whichever you want to cover. First the show Car Show.
Speaker 5: Okay, So car Show is going to be on Saturday, May thirty, first, south end of the park up there by the play tower, eight am to three pm. Entry fee is twenty dollars and there's gonna be prizes for the top twenty cars and that is being brought to us by Tri County Tech.
Speaker 1: Alrighty then, and then of course we've got some big time sponsors as well that are doing the kind of the overarching thing right.
Speaker 3: DSR and Conaco Phillips are our platinum sponsors this year, and we want to say a special thank you to them for.
Speaker 2: Being, you know, part of our community and giving back.
Speaker 1: By God, they're doing it in Spains too. We got a line up of music because this is kind of how this all got started. It was like, hey, yeah, this plays of music in the park.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got hung on that. It is a good lineup.
Speaker 5: Of course, every day leading up to it, we've been featuring some of the bands on our Facebook page is kind of highlighting some of the ones. But the ones that we think you're really going to like is Friday, May thirtieth at eight o'clock is a new female artist from Oklahoma City who plays country and rock. Tory Ray, which there's been a lot of excitement out there about her.
Speaker 4: She's got a really good band and places.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is this the one that sounds like you know, summer music, sounds like Tannis Joplin.
Speaker 4: No, that's Robbie. Yeah, Robbie Bill will be there.
Speaker 5: Yes, Robbie Bell's early still open it up for us that Friday May thirtieth at five pm. And then of course I can't forget Steve Suberlin and the Red budd bandits.
Speaker 1: They like to come back to the Sheedith Grame. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then Saturday May thirty, first we'll start out start out at eleven am with the Barrel Fish Community still drum band, which we love.
Speaker 4: Still drum music here at SunFest is probably.
Speaker 5: One of our most popular requests year after years to bring some sort of still drum back to the park. H And then at twelve thirty Tom Davis and your band, the Sons of Beaches.
Speaker 1: We might just kidnap a few of those steel drummers there and just say, hey, guys.
Speaker 4: Play a lot island music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, any wait, we're gonna have a good time, and we are who follows us.
Speaker 5: So three guys from Bartlesville created the band and they're called Prairie Smoke. At two pm. This is gonna be a good band. They've played at Lobby Pops, the Pizza Place downtown and so they're gaining some popularity. And they're going to play a mix of like roots rock and marcana music, you know, easy the stuff that I think most of us have enjoy sure for an afternoon is that? And then at three thirty pm we're bringing back Pearl Grace and Company, that William family, So that's gonna be really good bluegrass. They man, they have played all over the place, Silver Dollars Cityhrie.
Speaker 4: They just played in Guthrie last month.
Speaker 5: So but and then a five pm is our Sheriff's band Terry Milton and Let It Ride, So Sheriff's.
Speaker 1: Scott very popular band yes years.
Speaker 5: And then at six thirty we're bringing back the Hydramatics blues band from Tulsa, and we're rounding it out at eight o'clock with the Paul Benjamin Band, also from Tulsa.
Speaker 1: That's a killer nighttime lineup right it is. It's going to be good.
Speaker 5: We're excited to have all of these bands and we hope the public will come out and the community enjoys it.
Speaker 4: And it's all free.
Speaker 1: And Sunday we got some church music.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, we do.
Speaker 5: That will start Sunday, June first, at ten thirty am. Borlsville Southern Baptist Church has invited some of the local Baptist churches to get together and come as one, so there'll be several pre these teams all together as one man. Of course, we really liked them and they do well for us. And at twelve fifteen is Kelly Graham and James Lee Judas and at one thirty is Barlswild First Church in Nazarene. And at two forty five and we have a treat for you the Wilson family, Chase Wilson, Jason Wilson, Jackson Wilson and I will be playing percussion with them too one that home Cahon Box drum playing gospel ending it out there. And of course we also have the Banchell to talk about, which.
Speaker 4: We have a full line up there.
Speaker 5: Barlsville Gymnastics will be there Friday, May thirtieth. Will have a movie for the kids on Friday May thirtieth, Kindergarten cop.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've ever seen that movie before a little bit before my time, I think.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: And then Saturday and May thirty first fitness classes are going on Everett Music Studio.
Speaker 4: Little Dan, Austin, Travis, seven pm.
Speaker 5: OKM Music is bringing the Native American hoop dancers again. So I've talked to OKAM and they're excited to get their kids fest rolling.
Speaker 4: It's hard to believe that's coming up too. I can't believe time. Yeah, we all kind of go together for everyone.
Speaker 3: There really isis shopping, eating, army, food vendors everywhere.
Speaker 2: This a little bit of something for everybody.
Speaker 4: Bring your lunch. That's to see for sure, seeing lots to do.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness sakes, we got everything from car shows. Well, we even got the benchos. Even got a church service, don't.
Speaker 5: They they do, Yes, get real ministries. Rendow and Shotling so great people. I just saw them at Gracefest with the Beat of Light mission with Keith and Christie, so I got to see them, and they're excited about coming back.
Speaker 1: We should be.
Speaker 5: So they do a lot of great stuff for our community and really excited.
Speaker 1: Now we've got all kinds of great things coming together. We heard of the entertainment, we heard of the vendors. We've got a little bit of the food thing going on here. But the overall atmosphere is simply just fun in the sun.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: It's just a great, big, giant get together of people having fun, enjoying family entertainment, just you know, just clean cut fun. And you know, we have our Youth Fest going on during that time. And that's sponsored by Safari Smiles. By the way, we got the pony rides for the kids and my granddaughter's for she loves it and we have pictures of her last year on these. It's a lot of fun for the kids to come out and enjoy, and especially the youth Fest because there's all kinds of activities for them to do, so mom and dad can do, you know, whatever they like, whether it's the.
Speaker 2: Music, the eating, the shopping.
Speaker 3: It's have kids, you know, youth fest, So youth Fast is great for them. Then on Saturday night we have glow Fest.
Speaker 2: Now I did not know in the.
Speaker 3: Beginning what it was, but when I saw it, I was like, these kids are just having a blast. They turn on the music, it's the glow in the dark paint. They're just having a blast out there.
Speaker 5: Non stop, squealing in the drums when you play, you know, when you beat on the buckets or whatever, and it's just Spider's paint on it.
Speaker 4: It's fine, watched, yeah.
Speaker 3: Cool, and the kids are just you know, they love having a good time with the music and just enjoying it. And it all happens at as soon as it goes kind of dark.
Speaker 5: Yeah, about eight thirty. It goes to about ten. So say you have a party up there, for sure it will be a good time.
Speaker 3: So then we have movie nights and then, like we talk, Kindergarten Cop will be playing I Leave on Friday night and Incredibles too on Saturday night.
Speaker 4: That one I have seen.
Speaker 2: I've seen that. Now, that's one I had see it.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: But I just love that there's this entertainment for everyone, whether they're at the band listening to them play, or they're sitting in their little yard chairs in front and watching.
Speaker 2: You know, a movie. There's just something for everyone to do.
Speaker 1: And it's so wonderful. There's no alcohol. I want to know, folks were watering well. Sounds like a great place to take the kids. But if there's going to be alcohol, there might be problems. Well, we've eliminated the problem.
Speaker 3: There's no alcohol now we have out there, No never has been. There's never been anything served other than some sweet tea.
Speaker 1: And you can get plenty jacked up on sweet tea if you have enough of it. You know, I'm just saying, we'll be there.
Speaker 4: What's that think lemonade?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so specially squeezed love it. I love that's good that one.
Speaker 3: I can't even remember the name of them right now for the life of me. Have they show you them? I mean, they're squeezing that lemonade. They're putting it over eyes.
Speaker 2: It's just so yummy.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 3: And the fact that they brought the corn guy back. I'm so happy. One of the things I wanted to mention is that if anyone's thinking about volunteering, go to our website. It's Bartsville SunFest dot org. You can get more information about the car show, volunteering Marketplace Entertainment. You can sign up to volunteer. There is a spot there it says click here and you can volunteer, you know, and we have a lot of really wonderful volunteers that come out.
Speaker 5: It takes a village of absolutely does in this community.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. Your volunteers over the years have always been awesome. Yes, And the scout chop out too, and everybody else like that. Yes, so yeah, it's always it's so clean, man. That's what they that we marveled at the first time we did sun Fast when we first moved here about six years ago. They're so clean. You dont have to worry about, you know, waiting through trash like you do sometimes at fairgrounds or things like.
Speaker 2: Those guys stay on it.
Speaker 3: They make sure they're dumping trash and making sure, you know, the park's clean.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The thing is also is our citizens are pretty aware right of what's going on, and they do their They do the responsible thing too, and that's just kind of part of where we grew up right here in this area. So you know, leave it better than you found it. I think it's something that a lot of people kind of subscribe to.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Plus Center Park is just beautiful year round. I just drove by it the other day. I was like, man, this place looks great.
Speaker 4: You know it's festival time now.
Speaker 1: Well, I got to tell you it's coming up here. It's going to be the thirty thirty first and the first.
Speaker 5: Yes, they're hours are Friday, May thirtieth, three p is when the festival will open and close around ten pm on Friday May thirtieth. Saturday, May thirty first, we'll open at ten am, close around ten pm.
Speaker 4: And then Sunday, June first, ten am to four Very good?
Speaker 1: Is there anything else I might have miss because you got a whole book.
Speaker 3: There, idea, the information, it's a little bit of everything. When Charles tells me something, I write it down a lot and whatever. Yeah, the website again, let's go back to that. Anybody that wants to have more information about the car show how to do the entry, there's a QR code on there that they can scan and get more information. So by all means, scan, find out and join the fun.
Speaker 1: Very good, Yeah, awesome.
Speaker 5: Also bars the radio, you're doing a live remote for us that fund.
Speaker 1: We do the big T shirt give away right around five ish somewhere in there. And I don't I haven't seen the shoars model. I haven't seen the shoes design. But to go so fast, you got to get there. You go so fast, it's like a big blur of lungry being liberated across the park.
Speaker 3: Now that's when you can go to our sun our Facebook page and see what's coming out because we have some really good market people and they're putting it out there information as we were on the artisans and crafters that are going to be in the marketplace. You can see what they sent in as far as pictures. You can see the bands that are coming out and when they're going to be playing. You can see more information about the car show on the Facebook page. So by all means, go and take a look.
Speaker 1: This is going to be so big and it's going to be so fun. Yes, and you don't have to have a ticket to get in, they'll just walk right, It's right.
Speaker 4: Parking is free too.
Speaker 1: But exercise patients because you're going to have a lot of people around it.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yes, yes, be ready to walk, Be ready to walk walking. She's on and there'll be maps posted around. Oh Yeahweiler. She is my partner in the marketplace, and she is creating maps and uh, Charles is creating maps, so they'll be mark maps around there so you can see and find your vendors.
Speaker 1: I like that, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean when I talk about some of the people that are on board this year, we've got people who make different seasoning rubs for barbecue, vegetables, just all kinds of yummy stuff. Oki Brittles coming back this year. We've got jerky, We've got bakers. We've got people that do leather stuff and jams and jellies, people who crochet, all these little flushies that I keep seeing everywhere painters, photographers just really tried to cover all, you know, gendres of art to be there. And I'm telling you that those applications came pouring in. And of course we're going to have the jury show for our marketplace people again and we'll have judges on that in We'll also have our scavenger hunt going on so you can win some prizes there.
Speaker 1: Can we know about that on the Facebook page?
Speaker 3: Or is explain that it will be coming out of the directions on what to do. You go over there and pick up the paper and you fill it. You find all the SunFest logos and they'll be scattered throughout the park and find twenty five of them. Sign up, put your paper in there and we will draw on Saturday evening.
Speaker 1: My goodness, I want to thank you Tina Crey.
Speaker 4: Thanks wonderful news.
Speaker 1: The way to start off a week. Huh yeah, SunFest coming up, folks, don't you dare miss it.