Speaker 1: You're listening to Bigfoot Society, and I'm Jeremiah Byron. Tonight's story isn't from a one time weekend bigfooter. It's from Brian Seech, a man who's spent over thirty five years digging through reports, wandering the forests of Pennsylvania and West Virginia and chasing a presence he's never quite caught. A silent forest, a feeling of dread, and a creature none of them could see, all of them felt. In this episode, we'll hear about the Ohio Howell, the strange white Bigfoot of Beaver County, and the moment Brian realized this wasn't just research, it was personal. Stay with us all right, Bigfoot Society, But the privilege of talking to Brian Seech today from out there in West Virginia. He heads up the Center for Cryptozoological Studies. He's been investigating Bigfoot in other cryptids for over thirty five years. I've been wanting to talk to Brian on the podcast for a while. Now we finally got it to work out, So welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Brian. How's it going today?
Speaker 3: Oh it's about great though, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, I mean, we were talking before we started rolling that we've actually we've met in person at Monsterfest when Small Town Monsters had their their get together and we had we had a good little chat back then. But it's good to have you on the show finally.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: I was looking forward to, so, Brian, when we have an individual like yourself on the show, where you've you've been in this field for just I mean, we just said it over thirty five years. That's a long long time. So I'd love to start. You know, what was it that first got you into going after Bigfoot and other cryptids to begin with?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Sure, so so basically, you know, I grew up in the seventies, Okay, grew up in the seventies watching things like Leonard Nimoy in search of all the documentaries, you know, Legend of Balgy Creek, Call, all the ones that were out there. And I was always a big sci fi geek too, so I was always interested in monsters. And when I found out later on because I'm originally from Aliquipa, Pennsylvania and we just moved to Weirton, West Virginia, so I would watch a show called a Chila Theater with Chili Billy Cardilly, and I always especially like all of the monster shows, especially anything about Bigfoot, and just from there when I met my wife and you know, we got married, she had an interest too in all the unexplained, So we formed our first group. Actually we were married in eighty five. Our first group was formed in eighty six, which was Q acronym q CUE Center for Explaining Events. Later on we added our newer group in twenty twelve, which was the Center for Cryptozoological Studies CCS. We got that group because we wanted to focus more onencryptives. Now we still have Q and Q. When we formed it in eighty six, we formed it to be a clearinghouse of all all unexplaining mother b UFOs that you know, Bigfoot ghosts. But we went into the into CCS in twenty twelve to try to get more encryptied reports in general, not just Bigfoot, but.
Speaker 2: Such such a history.
Speaker 1: So most of a lot of your research has taken place in Pennsylvania over the years, is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the bulk of Pennsylvania, some in the eastern Ohio and then now also now in the Panhandle of western north excuse me, the northern Panhandle of West Virginia, but the bulk of it, like about eighty percent was in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 1: So when you were let's let's say we'll talk about Pennsylvania for a little bit and specifically Bigfoot. You know, over the years, were there any investigations that you were involved with or any memorable you know, you're out in the field, you're you're investigating a sighting and and is something pretty cool happened?
Speaker 3: Well? We, uh, one of the apartments, the more interesting ones we had was uh and I'm sure you've heard that, you know the place Salt Fork State Park. Oh yeah, over and over again in uh, you know, having people talk about bigfoot. So we we were there for one of uh. At the time, it was don Keating holding the conferences. Uh. So we had a couple of our members. We were at the conference coming back from the conference, and about five of our members were at a place called the Handicap Shelter. They were already there, so that myself, my wife, Terry, and Dave and carry Rupert. They came with us from the conference. So we went to meet up with every you know, our other our other group. So we we pull into this this area, and it's called the handicap shelter. And so Terry and I get out, and then Dave and carry get out all at the same time. Okay, And honestly, honestly, God.
Speaker 4: When we we got out of those cars, okay, we all almost stopped suddenly and like looked at each other, and we we were hit with this feeling.
Speaker 3: You know, some call it maybe in for sound, you know, hey, maybe we were zapped, you know, things like that. But we all stopped and looked, looked at each other, and and Dave and I looked at each other and we said, hey, day something something's off here. And we had been to that that shelter numerous times, okay, but we got out of those cars and it was like this something hit us that said, wow, we shouldn't be here. It was this feeling of dread, this this sense that that something wasn't right. So we got we got out of the cars and we walked it underneath this this the big handicaped shelter there. And as soon as we got there, one of our members said, something something is off tonight. They felt it too, okay, they they felt that the woods will you know, the woods were deadly found. This is probably about like ten thirty seven o'clock at night, and we're all just looking at each other and they said, something's off. Something feels really impressive here. It almost feels like you're being waked again. They didn't see anything, they didn't hear anything when they were there. They just felt something. So David and I went back to the cars, got our I got my night no Dave got his night vision, and I got my parabolic and we walked around the area. We walked up and down the parking lot, and we just felt like we felt something was watching us, that something I just didn't want us there. We've only ever felt that. I felt that one other time slightly up in oil City at a park two mile run, when as soon as we were getting into the woods, you literally stopped. You felt like there was literally something watching you, staring at you. You felt very, very uncomfortable. Those two instances there were through the instances where we could say, hey, there might have actually been something there. We also heard in twenty twelve Terry and I and Dave and Kerry Rupert also they've been with us, who are really good friends for probably I think sixteen seventeen years we heard the Ohio how down at Beaver Creek State Park. And I was and as we had talked very briefly before, I was on the several small Town Monsters episodes, and the latest one was Bigfoot Decoded Layer of the Sasquatch, and that was down at Beaver Creek State Park. And that's where it happened at Beaver Creek State Park. But it was a long drawing out how and if you know, anyone would go on to be a for our website and type in the Ohio how, that's that's what we heard, the Ohio how. We were actually on that property when I was a member of the PA Bigfoot Society and we were on that property, myself and several other researchers, and that was in Wellsville, Ohio, which was not that far from Beaver Cree State Park. So those were probably the three of the instances where, you know, out of all the instances, although you know, we were out, you know, out there on night ops or you know, just hiking through the woods, three of the instances where the only time I could really say there might have might have been something, there would have been those three.
Speaker 5: Instances interesting and that we were talking about that this small Town Monsters episode of Bigfoot to coda that you were involved recently.
Speaker 2: It's it's really really good.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to have the link in the description so that I would hope everyone listening to this checks it out afterwards if they haven't already. But it really allows you to see, you know, what it is that you were dealing with out there in that area, which is is really cool. Have you been fortunate enough to have any visuals during your time investigating of Bigfoot or anything that you think may have been a close call at all?
Speaker 3: No, I can honestly say I have never seen anything this. This is the why that I'm still in it while my wife is stilling it. We want to see something before we you know, right off into the sunset instead to speak. This is why I do it. I remember in the seventies sitting and watching my Sterious Monsters and the lady sitting sitting in the window and the arm comes through the window, and I'm sure you saw that many times, and that just got me hooked. And just for that little kid there sitting there watching it being fast, I'm like, wow, if these things are real, I want to see one that would mean everything to me. That would probably, and my wife doesn't believe me. Should I see one, I may be done with bigfooting, because this is the reason I'm in it. I'm never going to prove it to the world, you know, unless you know, I would accidentally happen to hit it like Harry and the Henderson's and then put it on my roof or something. But I'm never going to prove to anybody that exists, no matter what I could do. So I have to prove it to myself. And that's why I'm still in it. I want to see something. I have a lot of good friends who've seen them, and it's just like, you know, I never have. And it's like all the time and effort that my wife and I and our group and our organization has put into it and we haven't had any visual Sometimes it's like, Wow, some of these people just go out or you know, they'll be driving down the road, this thing will run in front of them, by by by dumb luck. You know, they see something, and then we're putting all this time and effort and nothing. It's it does get frustrating. I will say that.
Speaker 1: It's such an interesting thing because I am well five years into this podcast, but focused on Bigfoot specifically. I would say we're probably getting close to like two years and I'm I'm our Like, my thing now is I just want, honestly, I just want to have some sort of visual I just need. I need to get past it and to hear you talk as well. I mean, I might be trying to have that for a very long time. It's a possibility, but it is kind of like, I don't know what it is, but it's especially when you hear so many people talk about it, you know. I talked to so many people on this show, all different parts of the country, and it's like, man, it just feels like if I put myself in the right area and maybe I don't have electronics, maybe it will happen, you know, the right intention. How are you guys, when you guys go out with your group, how are you set up? Are you going out with cameras and in different things? Are you going out kind of you know, undercover, with not a lot of electronics or how are you prepared?
Speaker 3: Probably I would guess probably maybe half and a half. There are times we just go hiking. We go hiking in areas that have had encounters. Now, if we go on like an investigation, we're usually almost always carrying cameras or parabolics. We're trying to document, you know, we're trying to document what we see, hopefully we see something. But if we're just out of hiking, we're normally not carrying all that equipment. We're we do carry like a camera, but we won't a lot of times we don't have them on because we kind of I want hopefully this thing seeing us just hiking through the woods, you know, not you know, you have cameras on you, but there we try to try to conceal them a little bit, bring them out every once in a while. But but when we're on like any kind of investigation or a night off, yeah, we have all of our stuff with us, Stefan, and maybe, as you said to you what you just said, and I've thought a lot of times, you know, let's just go out night a couple of times and not have anything with us, just you know, we would never be able to prove what we saw. But if it would spur an encounter, then I think it would, you know, it would be worth it. The time we heard the Ohio how we were actually above Beaver Creek and at the campground, and we were just finishing up a like a Halloween weekend for the kids and stuff there. And so it was about one thirty two in the morning that we were saying good night to Ruperts and we heard how we weren't prepared at all. I mean we were getting ready to go to bed and just one long drawn out how it was in the would have been in the valley below it, and we weren't prepared. Now, if we were not bet if we were sitting up there with you know, with our with our parabolic and our paper recorder, we probably nothing. Probably what happened, right, But yeah, sometimes it's almost like a cruel hand of fake here. It's like, you know, after all this, after all the time and money, after we have a huge job. We call our library the s Files. We've had that since nineteen eighty six, and we collect as many newspaper articles, magazines, books, old newsletters. We have a bunch of old researcher They give us old material that's very hard to find. We work with doctor Paul Johnson. He's the second longest bigfoot UFO researcher in Pennsylvania and he's been doing it since the seventies, so you know, he's he's given us most of his material, and its stuff's hard to find, you know, And it's just with all this stuff, you know, you read about how these people just like some chant, you know, even though they'll be walking into the woods, boom, something pops off or something throws a rock at them. It's just you and I know you've heard you know, you've read probably one hundred I've read thousands of encounters since the seventies. I used to I used to have a little collection in the seventies and then right right you know, maybe around I was maybe fourteen fifteen, and I've gotten rid of some of it. This collection would be even bigger now, which which seemed almost impossible. But so much out there, so many things, so many people have seen these things for years, and it's documented, and as you said, all across the United States. You know, we mainly focus PA, Eastern Ohio, in the Panhandle, West Virginia, just three states. And but yeah, you've done it all, so you've heard all the stories yourself.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine what that library must be like. It must be just just massive and irreplaceable for sure. I mean there's certain people I think about in the field. Now you're one of them, but I think of people like Stan Gordon, like his library must be massive as well. But you know there is you mentioned. You know, you've read all these reports, you know, for so many years, and I'm sure that you've found some interesting patterns between the different witness reports that you've read. Have you noticed any patterns over the years that usually the person is or maybe different patterns between witnesses, like a common thread at all when you've been reading these reports.
Speaker 3: Well, especially like a lot of the ones we get, uh, can be very simple. They're driving down you know, our road at night and one of these creatures just runs in front of them. I mean, people said, hey, what what's the best way to go look for bigfoots? Some say, you know, you know, hey, go out in the middle of the woods, do this, do this, blah blah blah. Sometimes I say, hey, just drive down all these dark roads that it has lightings. You're just as apt to see maybe to see it. Have something run across then that have them come to you, you know, maybe by accident. And if you do, you know, you read enough of their reports the reports can be redundant, like even out west to out east, even the same patterns, almost the same behaviors with these creatures do. One of the more interesting reports we got that we got was one of the actually one of the first funds that we actually we actually took here Beaver in Beaver County. So it was it a place called Brad's Run Park and it was after a after a storm. There was two ladies that were underneath the shelter the storm went by. They get on their horses and they're riding up the trail to the woods and they they see either left, let you know, off to their left, they see something that looked like it was crouching, and it got up and it stood up and and the really cool interesting thing about this is this creature, I think it was a dark brown creature. It put its hands in the air okay, and it showed its teeth okay. And of course they were scared in their horses. They just they just went straight up the hill to the house. So years later, uh, you know, I always watched Finding Bigfoot, and of course I'm sure you you know you watched it, and there was an episode about their rang Pendeck in so I and one of the the eyewitnesses he's and the the the rang pen ran pendick are smaller four or five foot taul creatures. This creature when he saw it, it put its hands over his head and it growled at him. Now you want to talk about similarities from Pennsylvania to Sumatra. Difference in size, but they both have the same pattern. They put their hands in their hands in the air and they grow out at them. When I saw that, I mean I got goosebumps. I'm like, wow, our very first report we took it and its behaviors mimicked this irang pendick. Don't you think that was pretty cool? I thought that was pretty cool. I really did. I was like, wow, you know.
Speaker 2: It's stuff like that.
Speaker 1: It just blows my mind, right, I mean, so an example like I took ever report really close to my let's say bay in Iowa, like very close the few nights ago, to the point where it's like I can easily drive there and investigate the area, which has never happened to me. And the person who shared the report was saying how there was something that was surrounding them in the woods and it was making a clicking noise, and I was like, that's weird. I've never heard that, and it kind of made me be like, Okay, this is very strange. And then literally the next day I did an interview with a couple from North Georgia and one of the main things They're like, yeah, the bigfoot around here make a clicking.
Speaker 2: Noise, and I was like, what in the world.
Speaker 1: So it's these patterns, And there's another pattern that I want to ask you if you've ever noticed yourself. It's really on my mind right now because I've been noticing a lot of it in different reports.
Speaker 2: I'm getting.
Speaker 1: It seems that more often than not, these individuals that will have a encounter with a bigfoot right before or in let's say, a week before or days before, they've had some really intense traumatic event happen where it's either they've lost a loved one, they've gotten divorced, just things that really really really shake you up. And then they're like, you know what, forget this, I'm going into the woods, I'm getting away from it, and boom they run into a bigfoot. Is that anything that you've noticed over the years, or maybe just a pattern that I picked up myself recently.
Speaker 3: Well, we've had a couple, a couple of people who've talked about one woman was going through a difficult time in her life and one of these creatures. And this lady's actually interviewed on the Buck Eyed Bigfoot series. Sure, and and I was able to provide them. Uh. Two eyewitnesses who who both a woman and a man who did not know each other. One was in h one saw a white creature in Beaver Creek State Park, Okay where we filmed that and uh. The other was in Beaver County, which uh, which I grew up in. In Beaver County butts up against Columbiana County in Ohio. So if you were like look at a map, you would see Columbia County Beaver Creek, and right across from it is uh is Beaver County. And they both and both of these eyewitnesses interviews are in the Buck Eye Bigfoot. I I think it's it. The episode was like towards one of the ends about the white creature, about the white Bayfoot, and they both saw the same thing and we were able. Unfortunately, my wife and I were not able to the eyewitnesses wanted to meet each other, so we had to get permission from each of them to say, hey, we have another eyewitness who we believe might have seen the same thing. Would you be able to meet up with them? And unfortunately, we had something that came up and we could not do it. But we still said, okay, here here's the names. And they met up. And I wish we could have could have just sat there and listened to both of them. It's just we were something came up and we were just unable to make it. And they both described the same thing. And so the lady in Beaver County had seen it, I believe about three times over a twenty year period. Okay, and I could that might not be exact, you know, and the gentleman saw it once, but you know, basically the seven foot tall creature almost like the hair was almost covering its face and it just watched them. And as far as how far distance, maybe by how the crow flies, you know what I mean, if the crow could flash straight between both of them, both of the the where it was seen, I would bet you maybe eight miles maybe maybe eight miles between both of their sightings, and over a period of time. Now you know, the gentleman had seen it last but even that was it was several years ago. It's been a while, but it's not like the one lady saw it and then he sees it right after. But no, so in that area, in our in our general area, my wife and I have done I believe it's been seven white slash gray creature sightings and in the whole area in general. Now this would be Beaver County, this would be Columbiana County, Lawrence County, Pennsylvania. And even here in Hancock there was two which was take They were taken by somebody else. These were white creatures possibly and how we say possibly one of the highest concentration of white creature sightings in the United States. It's really weird. We just we dubbed them whitey of course catchy nickname, but that's what we haven't had any sightings of this creature for years, but there has been at least about eleven sightings now. Even Stan Gordon took one in Beaver County in nineteen seventy three where this creature was holding a glowing sphere and it walked into the woods. After these girls had seen there was some lights in the sky. So I thought that was pretty interesting too.
Speaker 1: So that's that's extremely interesting. So a few questions for you about that. Do you think that this might just be the same white haired creature that's being seen or there could be multiples of it? Are the sighting reports similar or different enough that you're like, Okay, there might be more than one white haired creature here.
Speaker 3: All of them except one one, they're all they all just they all describe them about the same size, about seven foot close to seven foot, okay. And the other lady who saw one in Dartington, which which was close to uh, actually actually do the other thing. I forgot to mention actually when I told you about with the one creature put its hands over it, that was a dark creature well up the hill. And years later, years later, I'm talking forty years later, there was also a white creature scene within that mile radius, okay, and from from where Brady's run is to Darlington. Another lady saw a white creature too, and it almost had like she said, almost looks like a Pyrenees like the like where the uh the hair almost covered his eyes type thing. So uh, they were all about seven foot now where Deviatehs is. There was one in Newcastle, which is in Lawrence County. It was a four foot tall small creature and the guy, the guy could see its eyes. So was there two? You know? Was there not only there's big one, but a smaller one. But the smaller one was only seen one time. So but for the most part, almost ninety percent consistent. It was almost looked like the same height and everything. Okay, except for the four foot tall one, which I don't know if could that have been an offspring or just a total I don't know.
Speaker 1: That is extreme, extremely weird. This the area is the area that you're taking reports from. Have you found that most witnesses are are describing them the same way? And what I mean by that is like, you know how some witnesses will say, well, it's face looked kind of more like an ape, where it's face looked more like a Neanderthal or you know, just a hairy guy you would see on the street. Are they described me the same way or are there maybe different types of ones that have UH looks that are not the same.
Speaker 3: Most most of the ones that we've taken are more or or ape like. Now, there was one in seventy three, okay, also in Beaver County that we took UH now obviously we took we took this. We took this one years years later because I was only eight in seventy three. So and this one's kind of interesting too. This was at a trailer court, which you know, we know that you're in pa Big Full Love trailer course. For some reason, this this this kid was playing in his room and he looks to his left. He sees movement, and there was movement out of and so in the window this looks like this. This creature was walking by and it stopped, sees him, you know, turns sees him playing on the floor. And this is the weird part. He says, brying, this thing turned and then it's eyes glowed red. He says, the eyes weren't red until he saw the kid. Then he said they glowed red. And the other we took one of the report in uh uh. This is in West Warren County. This was obviously way years later, maybe in the two thousand sometimes. Where the gentleman and his girlfriend, well let's just say its being it's a family show. They were just resting in the woods, Okay, just resting in the woods. Well, they get up from resting in the woods and they start walking and the gentleman walks, he almost runs into this big flot I guess the way he he was describing. And as he got up and he was walking, and this creature must not have seen him and was kind of looking around distracted, and it stopped in front of him, and it was he says, I was close enough to it that it stopped and it looked at me. He says, it looked at me, and I almost saw the the the eyes went red. They didn't glow red, they turned red, almost like the blood was coming in them. And then this creature screamed at him, and he said the force was almost like a He was hit with this force of the screen and it turned one way, and the gentleman and his girlfriend, which would be his wife, turned and ran the other way. Now this thing was startled. Okay, so I'm thinking when we get here in PA, when we get some of these sightings of glowing eyes, now we don't get you know, we've only got we haven't got a lot. But traditionally PA has had a decent amount, especially in the seventies, where these creatured eyes were glowing red self luminous red. Actually, So could could that just be some kind of a defense mechanism, you know that? And the odor I mean, you know, let's face it, you know me, and you walk outside, we see a giant eight there. If that ain't scary enough, now, now let's make its eyes blows glow red, you know even more. Could it be some kind of a defense mechanism. And I'm not saying it is, I'm just asking I could it be?
Speaker 2: We don't know, man, that that is really wild.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine seeing that where and the eyes just start glowing red?
Speaker 2: Wild wild stuff.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm gonna I'm going to open it up to you know, you've you've had more than just bigfoot over the years that you've been involved with. So the question for you is thinking about all the years, what is the strangest thing that you've experienced out in the field. There's something that was like, man, I don't I don't get what was going on there.
Speaker 3: We we've researched a couple of times, which actually on another thing on YouTube called a A Paranormal Life The Lost the Lost Files it's in our episode is called the s Files. Actually, we researched a place called Livermore, which is in Long Indiana. Westmoreland water and there's a trail, the pen Ohio Trail that goes through and there's a cemetery up there, the Livermore Cemetery. There was a town Livermore, but it was actually it actually the flooded and there was there was a flood that went through there and it killed a lot of the people. And they say there's ghosts and spirits there. Well, we were doing about bigfoot investigation, bigfoot investigation, and we had two teams. One team was by this bridge it went over the Kanama River, and myself and two others were down at least a mile maybe a mile and a half from them, and we see this light best described as like a white spere spheerish light, and it was kind of bobbing up and down almost like we say it almost like almost like a railroad a railroad worker with his lantern. And how they had the lanterns and they look like they bob and they swing, and that's what this thing looked like. And it got closer to us. That's it did not really show up on tape, which is the weirdest thing even looking back at it. They just put this episode out about a month ago you can't really see it. It's just it's you could see it more with your eyes, but once you try to put a camera up to you really couldn't see it. And we went back there another time and we saw some spheres. We saw one it looked like a white light going over the uh it's like a valley, there's a river there, and it looked like it's split in two. Actually one split into two, and then it just like moved out of sight. So those are some of the weirdest things that we've seen as some of these light spheres. Now that I know you're probably getting more of that now too. We started to research this, oh jeez, about five or six years ago with a project we call Light Anomaly Exploration, which is LA l A E. And we have a frequency machine and we try to we use that frequency machine to see if we can maybe contact with these spheres. Are okay. Now, we've had we've had a couple instances where that one I just told you about Livermore, we took it there and we had one of the weirdest instances we ever had in the field when we were up in Hinsdale, Hinsdale, New York at the Hinsdale House. Now, I don't know, you're probably you may not be familiar with it. It's a haunted house. It's an old house that they believe is, you know, haunted, and the land around it was there was it was Indian land. So there was a pond. There's a haunted house. There's a pond, okay, And across the pond there's electrical wires across the pond. That night, there was a heavy geomagnetic storm that night and we were there. We were playing our frequencies, and honest to god, there was about fifteen of us. Okay, Unfortunately, we were all just sitting there playing these frequencies and nobody actually had like a camera. We weren't videotaping it, okay, So above us it was a I don't know if you ever watched the series Stranger Things.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you remember the part where up in the sky it looks like the clouds are moving around in a circle and there's something coming out of the clouds.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Honest to god, that's what happened. I mean, we're all looking and in that cloud it looked like there was there was like lightning inside the cloud. And then this appendage looked like it came down like a black cloud. Now I think it may have. It may have been some kind of a weird weather formation, Okay, But and I don't know if if there's anything that if it was a cause and effect, like if all those factors with the water and the electrical line over it and the geomagnetic storm and our frequency is being projected, I don't know. If I'm not saying we caused it, but I don't know if it enhanced what might have been happening. But if it only lasted about maybe ten twelve seconds and it just dissipated. But it was the weirdest thing I've ever seen in my life, honestly. And in that area too, there have been big foot sightings. They have these little creatures, so they're edgedly called the puck wat jezy. You probably heard about those things. I know New York has them to Massachusetts, I think. And we didn't see any puckwadge's or anything. But there was a bunch of us, not us, not myself and my wife. They walked down this road. It's like there's a dirt road. There's a couple of houses, but not a lot. So we see these it was night. It was maybe eleven twelve o'clock. So about five guys walk down there. All of a sudden, we hear this noise and these lights are these slash lights are moving like like they're running, like they're actually running from something. And they get to us and they said, we saw something was in the woods, something big was in the woods. So I went up, you know, went up to the trail there they have this Indian thing, it's called the offering tree. You offer, you know, make offerings to this tree to the Native American spirits. And I sat up there hoping to maybe, you know, this thing apparently would have ran in that direction, but I didn't see anything. You got got a little weird, you know, one of those times it seemed a little weird to me because you know, you couldn't say anything there, okay, but it did seem a little weird, you know, maybe with my imagination. But so that was probably the weirdest, one of the weirdest nights we've had with I wish we could read now. I have a frequency written down what we you know, and again I don't know offhand what it is, but it's written down in the book that if those common I mean, the pond's still there, the wires right over the pond still. If we if we would ever get back up there with the precise ah major geomagnetic storm who knows, and play that same frequency couldn't happen again, and that would be an interesting experiment. But the chances of you know, us having all of those factors going back up there would be astronomical, you know, but it's very interesting, I.
Speaker 1: Think, Yeah, I mean that that's fascinating it. You know, did you ever try to use that same frequency again in any other way?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did try. We did try a couple other times, but just never nothing really happened. We've we've had our machine partly for about three or four years. Unfortunately, the the amount of times we've been able to use it going out and use it because it's we call them gelling is what the name of it it is. It's it's a modified uh it's got modified plasma balls in it and it's hooked up to a little spooky to a frequency machine. It was like a prototype. Mate, there's only one of the one other one out there. This inventor got made it for us. I think we went to do some kind of a tinkering now, and you got to get this thing and you have to have like a power powers source with it and hook it up. And it's a pain in the buzz to use it, really is, you know. But we hope to do some more this year. I hope to do some more. I haven't been able to do it here where we live. We live we call it's a holler, you know, hollow holler down here, and we have a creek right beside us, and we're in a bowl. And when this water's flowing, ah, when it's flowing it's a small creek, it can be a raging creak. So we may do something like that when it's when the water the energy is flowing a lot, you know what I mean. Then we might try if we can get that a certain set of circumstances and we know when there's going to be a major geomagnetic storm, try it down here, maybe see what happens.
Speaker 2: No, I think that that's a cool idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm very out of my knowledge base when it comes to this. But this type of machine could it also be used to create the frequencies that are very low on the scale, like infrasound. Or I might be thinking of something completely different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't. Most of the frequencies are higher frequencies. Now I saw somebody or somewhere there is there is something out there that oh I think it was on expedition Bigfoot. Maybe about low frequency infrasound that they can do that and track it. But it's expensive piece of equipment, and a lot of these TV shows you don't know, you don't really know what one hundred percent to believe? Is it all show? Is there some truth to it? I was lucky I got I was lucky to be on if you remember Monsters and Mysteries in America, Oh yeah, yeah, I was lucky enough to be on the episodes two very so very briefly, you wouldn't even know. I was on another one about the Devil Monkey, which I was on a lot. But I talked to the producer called me and I was talking to him and I said, Hey, I got to ask you guys, something. Are all these what's you're showing? There are these real? These? He says, Well, he goes, the sightings are real. He says, but you know we exaggerate, right, I said, what is Yeah? We exaggerate for ratings. So like there was that one. There was an episode about the sheep squatch. I think I don't know if you remember that one, and well the kid might have actually seen one, but they like trump that up, like this creature was near, it was snarl when I got close to me, and it was and to hype it up. They might have told the guys, you know, come on, you know, okay, you saw this creature about, you know, sixty yards away and it looked at you and run away. We want you to hype it up. We want you to say it was snarling at you, and it was the younger kid, So I think that's what he did. So when about the sense, you know, we sensationalize things, right, And I like to tell that story because it does show you a little bit of the inner workings. And believe me, I was, like I said, I was on like three episodes, but only one that I really had any airtime too. And it was ironically it was about something I didn't even really know much about. It was the Devil Monkey. I had to do some research on it. But so don't always like yeah, and I think most people don't believe what they see on TV. I mean they probably do. Even like Expedition Bigfoot. I've heard pros and cons about that, okay, and whether it's totally re or parts of it are real, but they sensationalized other parts. You just you know, you get you already get the more cynical you get and skeptical about a lot of the stuff that's on TV. And that's you know, like to me, Monster quest was the gold standard. Okay. They tried and they put as much stuff, and they tried to scientifically, you know, give you proof of these things. Put put it, put it, put them on spectrographs and sounds and things like that, and you know, they they've really you know, Doug Hychek's you know, the gentleman who did it. And since that show, I believe all of these have gone downhill. It's you know, monster Questures mainly sightings and stuff. But they did try to use scientific terms and you know, and and Douce you know, put science in it. Most of most of the ones now are just you know, more like skeptic. You got to be skeptical about it. And it's a shame because you you know, like like Maulder and Scully, I want to believe, right you know.
Speaker 1: No exactly, you know, the whole the Monster Quest shows. I mean, if listeners don't don't know what I'm talking about, you can watch. You can find a few of them, I believe on YouTube. Yeah, they're out there, and they're just so good. Oh man, they're so good, and it's that kind of thing. And you know, I watch those old ones and I can't wait until Doug gets gets his new legend meat science to doc releast sometime in the future, after they get some everything wrapped up, I guess you could say. But it's going to be worth it for sure. Hmm, good good stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're going back to that legend me science. You know, the the rumors are there's supposed to be something really tangible coming out. I don't know exactly what that is, but there's a buzz, I would say, a buzz that they're supposed to show something, that it's a new piece of evidence or something to prove the existence of Bigfoot. Now, I hope so, because I don't know. I think, you know, for all of us talking to eat you know e DNA, I don't really know what's happening with that. I'm not Unfortunately, I'm not seeing a lawn new coming out about Bigfoot now. And also I will preface that is I don't follow like Bigfoot as much as I used to. I mean I used to be up on it and stuff, but now I'm not. I'm kind of I don't want to say I'm drifting away from it, but after doing the same thing all the time, you kind of need a break, Like, you know, we we get presentations on different topics too. I'm actually giving one this Saturday, and Grard Ohio on The Offman another wing Enter Ease of the Oile Valley. So it's good to kind of break from the Bigfoot and do different things. Also, but I think this field needs needs a shot, It needs an infusion.
Speaker 2: It does. Yeah, yeah, no, it does, you agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean there's stuff going on behind the scenes that I hear about, but I think that there's stuff being worked on when it comes to evidence, and it's it's just it's gonna take maybe a few years to get it all wrapped up, but I think it is coming. We are kind of used to seeing these TV shows now where it's like one episode, oh my goodness, we found like five different amazing pieces of evidence and we're not even gonna.
Speaker 2: Talk about it at all.
Speaker 1: But it's like the real stuff takes it can take years, right, and we just gotta we just gotta wait it out, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Because what I what I was told too, is it that there may be a couple of groups out there that they're waiting to present their material for like a scientific science, scientific pure journal. Right if you have you heard that too.
Speaker 1: I there's definitely groups out there that are not in the limelight and they're just kind of holding back until they have the right stuff.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I've heard similar things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And it's even like like like I've heard that people say, you know what we we there are they people have seen like pictures, you know, you know, videos, pictures of almost the ship could almost be irreputable proof of big play, although I don't, you know, other than us getting obviously the body is the first thing that's that goes without saying that maybe getting some solid DNA evidence. It's almost like we're not that much further along at least as far as what's put out there. And I always kind of do like to give it that little as far as what's put out there. Now we know even the Olympic Project has done with their nests, you know, the nesting sites that they've had. Eventually, if they are, I'm sure they're probably getting this stuff together and they will trying to you know, present as to scientists and then hopefully it's hopefully it would be made public eventually. So I hope. I mean, like I said, we can always cross our fingers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm not even sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, with with the technology going as crazy as is going right now with AI stuff, and I mean it's getting to the point where like I think that I because I use AI stuff in my thumbnails, and I'm I feel like I can you know, I'm pretty good with that stuff. But like there are some videos coming out, some Bigfoot videos where like it has the first few seconds of oh my goodness, and then it's like, oh yeah, obviously it's AI, but it gets you for a few seconds. It's like, man, just think in a few years, uh, it's going to be like type in Make Me the Patterson Given film, and literally AI is going to be able to show you its version of the PG film.
Speaker 2: It's going to look exactly like it. I can just see that coming.
Speaker 1: But do you have any thoughts about you know, being someone who has seen the last thirty thirty five years, what do you think, you know, in current day, do you think it would take some kind of physical specimen or do you think we're we're okay where you know, if they say, yeah, we have we have the DNA proof, do you think that's enough.
Speaker 3: I think it's always going to take the physical specimen, hopefully alive. I hate. I hate this, I always say, I you know, some people get mad said I would hate to hate to have one killed to prove it. I really would. It would be a sad day, even though it could validate the whole species. I just wouldn't want to see these things. Now if one was found dead, that's you know, that's kind of different. I mean. But and the second, probably the second best thing you probably could get would be the DNA. After if you can't have a body, if you can get some DNA some of course blood samples and I mean that you know, or once captured. I mean, those are probably the only three things that could ever prove I think. You know, cryptozoology is the study of hidden their unknown animals known to science. But you know, even though it's not a lot of people call it a pseudoscience. You know, well, this pseudoscience technically, if these things are real, could bring you a specimen alive or dead, you know, perferably alive, not just big food, these other things too, So technically, if that's a pseudoscience by bringing you then I guess I'm you know, en cryptozoology is a pseudoscience, because I don't think it is. That can be as sarcastic, but if you're looking for a you know, a physical specimen of something, you can prove it. That's science, buddy.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Would you would you say that most of the reports you receive are Bigfoot related or what do you say is probably the top cryptid that you get the most sightings about?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's definitely. It's definitely big food. I mean by a huge margin. I mean we've gotten some Dogmann reports, we've gotten some identity reports, some thunderbird reports, but it's mainly big Foot. I mean, you know, he's kinged king cryptid, right, got his own beef jerkey?
Speaker 6: Come on?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, it's wild stuff. And I mean you bring up an interesting point. I've never thought of the well, I guess I have thought of this, but it doesn't come. I don't think of it a lot of the potential of a live specimen being captured and what that would entail. I'm definitely not saying people should try that, because man, it might not be a thing you come back from unless I mean, I don't even know how you would start. I mean, maybe a younger specimen that would be easier, or I don't know, Man, I'm not the expert when it comes to going down that road. Probably don't want to go down it, but it might be a valid thing, especially I don't know if if there could even be like a some kind of tranquilizer dart involved, probably would take a lot.
Speaker 3: The thing is is most I mean a lot of people do, and I don't think it's a lot of people think that the government knows what they are and they have a specimen, and a lot of people laugh and say, oh, it's just a conspiracy. But if you think about it, you know, we have our government, and we have all these state parks and people going into these state parks and things like that, and if they want to know what these creatures can do or track them or I don't think that's totally whack of like people, Some people think maybe the government has them. You know, there was always those rumors went out Saint Helen's Blue that they had found that bigfoot there again, rumors you know, they said, you know, a couple of helicopters or a helicopter went out the big thing on the tarp. Again. You hear so much after all these years, you hear so many different stories. You just don't know what to believe. And even if there's a kernel or truth in some of them, you know, it does make you think, I mean, especially you know, do they have one, do they have a specimen? I mean you would think that you know, they have satellites. You know, they could, you know, over an Iran then they can if somebody I had told her reading the newspaper, they could see what he's reading right from his satellites. So why couldn't they again, you know, if in an area that they knew, if they had several satellites and they had command crews ready, is it out of the question. I don't think it's that out of the question.
Speaker 1: I think another really interesting thing that keeps happening is how these different towns in the Pacific Northwest keep declaring like town is, let's say, Bigfoot Safe Zone, you're gonna get fined if you mess around type deal. I think you know you're you're probably on the right track where you know, the government has more info than we think, maybe even some stuff at a few bases. I mean there's bases out in the Pacific Northwest where they have sashquatch encounters all the time, thinking of Fort Lewis McCord. Just crazy crazy stuff, you know, they it's not out of the question, I think to think yet, let's try to take one of these things and you know, hold it on base, see what happens, study it. I mean, just that just sounds like something we would do. But you know, the people haven't reached out to me yet. But you know, if you're listening and you know information, you're always welcome to reach out and we can keep you anonymous. But you know, Brian, it has been it's been fun chatting with you tonight about all sorts of things to do in your neck of the woods, to do with Bigfoot and things. I want to make sure you know in our last minutes that there's nothing else that you needed to that you wanted to make sure that you had shared or you know, if that's fine. Then maybe take a few minutes to to remind people how they can keep up to what you're doing. If there's a way to reach out to you, if you've got a website for your you know, Center for Cryptozoological Studies all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have a couple of Facebook pages we have you just type in out a Center for Cryptozoological Studies and also that's on Facebook and then also centerf I was playing events on Facebook. Or you can contact me Brian Seeg on Facebook or email us at Center for Cryptostudies at gmail dot com. I have a yeah, real long but yeah, and we you know, we don't give out names. Everything's confidential. I mean, we could put your sighting out, but we wouldn't put like, hey, you know I was on father, you know, Farmer Jim's property and Leek township. We don't. We won't give an exact coordinates or anything. But we do like to get at least the base bare bone of the sighting out to spur other sightings and maybe, you know, maybe it would spur that one encounter we're always looking for. You never know.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Yeah, reach out guys if you got something, But Brian Seach. Pleasure to chat with you and we'll have to keep in touch with you in the future. But thanks so much for spending some time tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was fun. I look for a thing again. Thank you for having me on.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you truly for listening to this episode of the Big for Society podcast. Brian's story is one of relent list dedication, chasing the unknown through foggy forests and silent valleys, searching for something that might only ever be seen once if you're lucky. Huge thanks to Brian Seech for opening up about his decades of fieldwork and for reminding us that sometimes the mystery is what keeps us going. And if you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the channel on YouTube hit the bell so you never miss another, and share this one with a friend who's in Encrypted's Pennsylvania strangeness or just a good mystery. And if you're on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, tap follow. Leaving our review helps more folks find the show now. If you've had your own Bigfoot encounter, especially in Ohio, Pennsylvania, or West Virginia, shoot me an email at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com. I'd love to hear your story and don't forget. Sasquatch Summerfest is coming up July eleventh through the twelfth in Oakridge, Oregon. Bigfoot Society listeners can grab a two day pass for the price of one day pass with code BFS at checkout. Get your tickets now at Sasquatch Summerfest dot com. Thanks again for being part of the Bigfoot Society. Until next time, keep your eyes open and trust your gut, and never stop asking what else might be out there.
Speaker 2: Cissie in the Woods