Speaker 1: Puretalk dot com. Stop over paying for your cell phone plan. Puretalk gives you unlimited talk, text, and plenty of data for just twenty five dollars a month on America's most dependable five gene network. Switched today, Just style pound two to fifty and say keyword switch now to say fifty percent off your first month with Puretalk.
Speaker 2: Time for the Channel nine first one to wether volcast.
Speaker 3: You have no excuse in terms of weather, Get out and vote highest seventy nine to eight. Partly cloudy, warm, and breezy. Rain doesn't show them until late this evening. We'll have a little rain overnight as well. Sixty one for the overnight, low sixty nine. Tomorrow's hi mostly cloudy skies with a rain likely in the morning. Overnight mostly cloudy chances showers again little fifty and Thursday chances rain before one pm, otherwise mostly sunny. Five sixty five are now sixty seven degrees In time for Jason with a traffic update.
Speaker 4: Jason from the UC Health Traffic Center. Lung cancer screening can save lives if you are fifty or older and have a history of smoking. Called u See's Cancer Center at five one, three, five eighty four l U n Jee Cruise of clear the two major problems we had westbound two seventy five at seventy one, however, the backup still extending back into Milford south seventy one. The tow truck just left Red Bank. All lanes are open there. Southbound trafficks still slow back to Fifer North seventy five and Kentucky backed up right now Bonymilk Pike to the bridge South seventy five broken down approaching Dixie Highway. Jason Earhart on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: A thirty on a Tuesday, regular listeners know it is that time accept when he's on vacation, which I thoroughly missed our conversation last week. It is time for the Daniel Davis Deep Dive with retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis. Great to see you again, Daniel Again, I missed our conversation last Tuesday. I hope you enjoyed your time off.
Speaker 2: I did, but I did miss it too. I got it. I gotta admit I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's it's been really fun and enlightening and I enjoyed just kind of walking through the exercise of these Obviously, very challenging geopolitical issues we're facing these days. And lo and behold and pleased to see. The number one you had on your list today was the idea that North Korea has now sent troops that are hanging out in Russia are going to be fighting against the Ukrainians in this crazy situation. One. How did the North Koreans end up getting involved with this, Daniel?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, there's lots of information floating out there, and lots of claims and accusations, but not a lot of actual evidence. And I'm I'm still not completely convinced that some of these reports that the North Koreans are actively engaged on the front lines in the Kursk area are accurate. To date, I have seen a single photograph of someone that's alleged to be killed in action to a North Korean soldier with his passport in front of him or something like that.
Speaker 2: All the rest of it has been claims. But here's what we do know.
Speaker 5: North Korean troops have been going to Russia to train for a long time. There's nothing actually new about that. And the initial reports showed both the US and the Ukrainian intelligence services said that they were actually in the far east of Russia, not on the front lines. And then Zelensky came out subsequent to that and said, no, they're actually on the front line.
Speaker 2: And look, he's got some motivation.
Speaker 5: You always have to look at who's gotten motive for things to work out a certain way. And he's saying to everyone, hey, this marks a huge escalation.
Speaker 2: Everybody needs to come and join us and help us now.
Speaker 5: But then you look at the other side and what motivation does the Russians have, And I'm not sure that there's.
Speaker 2: Any because there is no shortage of Russian troops.
Speaker 5: I've actually talked to one particular UK soldier, I'm sorry, UK citizen who went to fight on the Russian side. Very unusual, so I wanted to find out why he had done that. But he said, look, there's no shortage of personnel or equipment or ammunition or anything on our side, and he had not heard anything about the North Koreans. But let me also say that from a military perspective, and I've done this before in combat, when you fight with nations that have different nations and you're fighting on the same battlefield, it is really difficult. And this number that's been bandied around seven or eight thousand, possibly ten or twelve, depending on who you want to talk to. That's a comparatively small number in a fight where there's somewhere around eight hundred thousand Russian troops fighting alongside. So it's not going to make any kind of operational difference, and the difficulty would be really high for.
Speaker 2: The Russian side at very little gain.
Speaker 5: So it's unclear to me what's really going on because lots of people are claiming different things.
Speaker 3: Well, I suppose you know, from a Russian standpoint, and I'll acknowledge your point that they've got enough troops, they got enough weapons, and they don't need the additional bodies. But from a Russian standpoint, you know, if they want to join and help us with a fight, fine, But what's North Korea got to gain with this?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you know what.
Speaker 5: Actually I wanted to go down that path. In my view, you talk about who's got something to gain? North Korea has more to gain than anybody, and if they wanted to because their troops have not had any combat experience of any kind for decades, and I can tell you that is a big issue.
Speaker 2: So it would make sense to me from.
Speaker 5: A military perspective, if Kim Jong munn said, hey, we're giving you all these weapons and artillery shells, et cetera, but we want to get something out of it more than just cash or food. We want some experience for our troops, and so they may send them in to say, hey, teach us the most new and current combat operations, the way tactics are being done right now, and maybe even say hey, let us get some actual combat in there. Again, I don't know for sure what's going on, but it would make sense from North Korea's perspective to get some combat experience.
Speaker 3: Well is that combat experience? And then the more jaded and cynical view that I was going to interject is maybe the North Korean soldiers want a meal for a change, so they get fed by the Russians as of us to what their rations are in North Korea just saying yeah, Well.
Speaker 5: As it turns out that the regular North Korean people do indeed have privation and food, but the military and especially their special forces have always been given a lot more than other people, so they do well while the rest.
Speaker 2: Of that countrymen don't.
Speaker 3: All right, before we pivot over to what the election will have by way of consequence for foreign affairs. This what is alarming to me and I presume you as well, as this growing alliance with Russia, China, North Korea and Iran. They seem to be playing very very nicely together, which presents a much greater threat than you know, the previously divided China and Russia they never played nicely together. I think Nix had tried to take advantage of that by opening relations with China, hoping that they would become more Western and open to the concept of Western principles and idea. Obviously it didn't go that way, thanks Gianaman Square. But Russia and China now playing nice together, engaging in wargame exercises the Iranians and enjoying the benefits of weapons back and forth. Obviously they're supplying the Russian troops with drones for example. I mean, this is not looking good from a global situation in terms of this new alignment of what are collectively we can characterize as our foes, our enemies, or folks that aren't on our side of the ledger anyway.
Speaker 2: Well, look, I mean, Brian, we got to be honest.
Speaker 5: A lot of this is our own making, oh I mean, you talked about the Nixon and what he had done that made sense for us, and so you know, you want to drive a wedge between folks, meaning you got to give somebody incentive not to want to be friends with the other, and we're doing the exact opposite. We're giving these guys every incentive in the world in motivation to come together. When before we went into the and started supporting the Ukraine side in the World War with Russia, those were basically all stowpop They were.
Speaker 2: Kind of all independent.
Speaker 5: They had some especially Russia and China had some relation, but it was arms distance, and then North Korea and Iran were basically kind of stow pups.
Speaker 2: They were at double arms linked.
Speaker 5: Now then because we're supporting all these sanctions on Russia, China, North Korea, and Iran, and we're you know, actively providing weapons for Russia, we're giving them every reason in the world to say, Okay, there's no value in doing anything on your side, so we're going to do things together. And then now it's turned into outright military alliances and agreements between Russia and North Korea and Russia and Iran.
Speaker 2: So the more we push.
Speaker 5: These guys, the more they get together and as and you're right, the bigger potential problems that postes for us on the international stage. You don't have to look any further than bricks to see the economic fall.
Speaker 2: Out of that.
Speaker 3: I was waiting for bricks to come out. I was waiting for the word to come out of your mouth, Daniel. I knew it now, as you can now pivot over to the election. Obviously, were voting today, and I encourage my listeners to get out and vote. I don't know how you feel about either candidate, and I think it's a material to my comment. Kamala Harris's commander chief scares a living hell out of me, Daniel, I have to be honest with you. If she's incapable of answering a single question without sounding silly or like some college professor words solid nonsense. On domestic issues, I haven't heard a word from her about foreign policy.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: That is not to say I believe Donald Trump is going to be elected and can lay hands and make these problems go away immediately. How he's going to do that, he hasn't said he promises to do it. At least he's he can point to his record where there it was a lot more peaceful unto the Trump administration. But there's no guarantee we get a return to peace. So what are we left with? Daniel Davis opinions? We all have one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have to confess that I also have some real concerns about harris presidency just because she has literally no experience at all. When she was in the first two years of the Biden administration, was sent to a lot of international locations. It went very poorly, you may recall, and then they kind of took that all for plate so there hasn't been anymore since that time. And personnelist policy you may have heard that phrase before. And one of the big and end of our knowledge is who is going to be her senior leaders. Now I'm here in Washington, DC, and I'm actively looking to ask people who are her senior advisors, who would be maybe some of the key people in her cabinet should she be elected, and hardly anyone knows, which is alarming to me because I'm not sure if she gets elected, who is actually going to be calling the shots there, because apparently it's not going to be the current Secretary of State Defense or National Security advisor apparently they're.
Speaker 2: All going to go.
Speaker 5: But who is it going to be on the other side on the Trump side, I actually do know a lot of people that are being actively considered for roles, and I'll just tell you it makes me very happy in some of those So I'm not going to tell you about it who to vote for or talk about domestic issues, but in foreign policy, some of the people who are being talked about at the highest levels for the Trump administration are good folks.
Speaker 3: Well, that gives me comfort because of my listening audience, a vast majority of at least Trump leaning folks, maybe not necessarily outright, you know, always Trumper type of folks, but when faced with a choice between Harris and Trump, at least insofar as foreign policy in America's military, you have more confidence in the folks that Trump might be appointing in those roles, And that, of course gives me confidence that my listeners are at least on the right side of the ledger on that you and I will be talking a lot more about this, sadly so, but I welcome these conversations. It's going on needs to be addressed, and I really appreciate your taking your standpoint look for him online wherever you get your podcast. Daniel Davis Deep Dive. I'll look forward to it as I always do. Next Tuesday, my brother. Have a wonderful week and fingers crossed for a smooth transition regardlesss.
Speaker 5: No matter how it turns out, I pray that it's peaceful and then it's legitimate and everybody understands how it turned out.
Speaker 3: I share your prayer in that regard. Take care of my friend. It's a forty fifty five krs the talk station, don't go away.
Speaker 1: I have called for an emergency session over the Seqity Council Israel.
Speaker 5: The raging fires in the Middle East, Iran first becoming and in phero jetering.
Speaker 2: On the brink.
Speaker 3: The evil is now laid bill for all to see.
Speaker 2: Of a Middle East meltdown. The whole Middle East has been unraveling. What happens next.
Speaker 1: We have to prepare ourselves.
Speaker 2: Happens here, helping.
Speaker 1: People prepare but not giving them panic.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krs The talk station