Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it's Tuesday, April twenty second, twenty twenty five. That's right, folks, we've made a past Easter weekend. Not only has the Lord has risen, but he's high as hell because of for twenty weekend. I'm your host, Jan Ochoa. Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode eight hundred and eighty seven. That's right, we're one away from eight eight eight. And what will we do then? I don't know. Maybe we'll have a pizza party. Go ahead and pre order your pizzas now. Joining me co captainnother Ship Twining.
Speaker 2: It is always Jeff grub close, shut the jaw, up your mouth.
Speaker 1: I have a headache, okay, all right? Uh, when you have a headache applied directly to the forehead your own turbo Sean Sean McDowell.
Speaker 3: Nicky Grayson shaved their mustache and it took me at five minutes to figure out who had invade their home on the Oblivion Stream this morning. I was freaking out. I was like, whoa, who is this Darth Maul looking, you know, Assassin's Creed person sitting in their chair and them that snicky damn.
Speaker 1: Nicky Snicky joining us bad Boy of games media. He's the anarchist of the website. He's he's a endless well of negativity and doom.
Speaker 4: My Bnatti, Wow, I think things are batter are only ever gonna get worse?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Mike. I needed that. How's everyone doing today?
Speaker 2: I'm doing I'm doing. Oh you have a headache? But yeah, yeah, steps Steph just left. She she's leaving and it's spring break, so she didn't like leave me.
Speaker 1: She's not like.
Speaker 2: Nobody thought that I had abandoned the children. Now she's got a work trip and so I'm alone with the kids and it's spring break.
Speaker 1: So that's really what the headache was.
Speaker 2: It's like they right before the show started, they came down and like I'm like, hey, I told you I'm going down to new show and they're like, well, can you turn on goat simulator? Like did that? Do you think this qualifies under the emergency conditions that we talked about beforehand? They said yes, so I get him.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you know when kids need to play something that's an emergency, right otherwise they get it. Yeah, we speculated that you were invaded by home invaders for a second though, Yeah, what point you.
Speaker 2: Screamed, what was that about? It was concerning? Oh, I think that I'm Oh, I stubbed my toe the steps and I stubbed my toe. Mystery solved.
Speaker 4: We thought that maybe you were being attacked.
Speaker 2: No, that would be better than stuff. Stub my toe is like the most embarrassing injury.
Speaker 1: I never like it. I think it's like instant karmic payback for something right, And then I think like, oh crap, what did I do? What negative thoughts did I think about someone?
Speaker 2: I can't believe you guys heard me stubbing my toe. Oh yeah, I was upstairs.
Speaker 3: Well very specifically, not the stubbing on the toe, the extremely loud guttural yelled.
Speaker 2: At you loudly. Yeah, I'm obnoxious is what it is when I get hurt or a sneeze you.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I was gonna ask Jeff Grubb, are you a loud sneezer?
Speaker 2: I'm a loud sneezer. I'm louder.
Speaker 4: I think I can beat you out that as a competition. No, that's a yes. I've been shamed for every time I sneeze, people go wow, are kind of like look at me, like, what's your deal?
Speaker 2: I bless you. I've had to have told this story before, but I was at Packs East in the journalism room and I I didn't I want to my steel and I like to sneeze out of my mouth because it's like, you know, like get most of the force on the map so it doesn't cause like a nose bleed or something. That's just kind of how I did it naturally to avoid issues in the Sinus region. And I just remember justin Mcaray like looking over at me. And then a few weeks later, on one of his podcasts I was listening to He's like, people who sneeze that in public, you can control that you're just doing. And I'm like, no, no, oh no, I'm definitely talking about me.
Speaker 1: Sean, have you crossed the threshold of being old and a loud sneezer, because I think I've gotten there.
Speaker 2: I've always been allowed sneezer. Jan Okay, well, I was.
Speaker 3: I was like elementary school, Jen, I was in elementary school sneezed, and a teacher from the other side of the school ran in to see what the problem was. That's a lot of sneezer eye and you step, do you stub your toe while sneezing.
Speaker 2: She was the compound.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, fantastic fantastic wrestling.
Speaker 2: Can we all can we all do the face like the bomb on the overlay right now? Could everyone try to like look down and like, ah.
Speaker 1: Can you you guys say at that?
Speaker 2: That could be the thumbnail there? Perfect?
Speaker 1: Great, all right, thank you everybody? Uh Luigi is Waluigi or Luigi's mansion too scary? Maybe, folks. Before we get to the video games, we get we got a little bit of an early breaking news segment. But this isn't helmed by one Jeff Grubb. This is a little announcing announce from Mike Minatti.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just anything over at games Beat, which is you know where my day job is. But we uh we actually thanks to our new CEO, Gina Joseph and Dean Takahashi, who is the lead writer for games being now the editorial director of games Beat, they were able to purchase games Beat from Venture Beat, So we are now a you know, independent guys. So it's just neat. It means we are can control our own destiny. We get the full say on what we are doing. Like for me personally, may have noticed I haven't really been writing reviews lately, and that's something I can do again now if I wanted to. It's just a general I think we're going to have some more fun over there and do some more interesting things.
Speaker 2: So yeah, right.
Speaker 4: Now, you're not gonna know it's too much of a change, but they are gonna be some coming just in terms of maybe the site in the format. But yeah, basically this is just good news for us start of a new chapter over there, and I am pretty excited about. So yeah, thank you everybody for the support you've ever check out games BAT. Thank you to you three for letting me bamp about that.
Speaker 2: For a bit.
Speaker 4: That's something that's been something that Dean especially has been trying to make happen for a long time. So probably appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I think everyone just likes.
Speaker 2: To hear that, like, Okay, people are still doing this work and finding out ways to be like this is like, you know, a pocket of good news, right, They're sort of like, this is what you guys wanted to happen. You were able to make it happen surrounded by a sea of like everyone else in this field is facing a lot of challenges, so it's just nice that you guys were able to pull this off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty hard for traditional media out there, and that's kind of, you know, what's part of the challenges being just part of this company.
Speaker 2: One thing that games Beat does have is we.
Speaker 4: Do these events, and they're very b to b business to business, but those do generate revenue, so we are kind of able to use that as the flagship for generating the money and all that stuff. But we still have editorial and we can still take pride in that and hopefully launching some other fun ventures over there, and who knows, who knows what the future may hold there if things go well. But yeah, exactly, there's all sorts of bad news that happens in the media gaming world these days. So I'm very thankful that I still get to, you know, be a GamesBeat.
Speaker 2: Love being of all of you two.
Speaker 4: Very thankful I get to do both things, and to be clear, I am still going to be able to do both things, so that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was awesome. Nice to hear that your your new leadership team over there, in addition to Dean. It was just like, yeah, Mike, you do your thing and kind of like we try you to get your work done. It's like, all, that is the kind of thing you want to hear. So I was just very like thrilled about that in particular.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, fantastic. So yeah, thank you for letting me share that.
Speaker 3: I noticed you tried very hard to not say independent twice a row when you're talking.
Speaker 4: I know, like, my, so many things are happening. I was trying to line all these social channels. So then when I skeed it about it, I was like, cans be this independent? This is great for us because it means we have more independence.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I write good, come to site where right could happened?
Speaker 1: Hey, I know a bunch of people that would probably just read articles like that instead. Mike, have you thought about just putting gifts of subway surfers under all the every paragraph in an article?
Speaker 4: Ooh, that would be a pretty good move. Actually yeah, I like, there you go, But who would know how to accomplish? Where could I go for this expertise?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you I got some subway surf recordings for you. Bud, all right, it sounds good. WrestleMania Weekend was this past weekend. Daniel Record is off an assignment doing god knows what y'all want to talk a bit about wrestling before we talk about video games. Sean, I know you're clamoring.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I actually didn't. I was in the mood for Plun this weekend, so I didn't watch it. Actually I watched Nike two.
Speaker 4: It was nice watching you with my nephew, and it was pretty fun except for the lame main event and then, like Paul Hayman said, like more weird things, and I know he's being a character, but just telling, like, you know, somebody of a certain dissent that they're gonna get deported. I was like, yeah, I don't think that's fun. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't need to talk about too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Night one kind of met Night two better. Paul Haymon being weird not great.
Speaker 4: Hey, people are being weird from there this past week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I suddenly had the urge to uh punch Roman Raines's Veneers out, but hey, yeah, we can move on from that. Uh Anyway, I guess let's talk about video games. Okay, Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Kin sense.
Speaker 1: A lot of new games coming out, so why don't we start with an older game? We love Kada MARII Rerolled. Mike, the Kada Mai train continues for you, and I'm so juiced about it.
Speaker 4: Did you say it's talking about an older game, like crap, it's gonna be one of mine here. Yeah, Like I think last week I talked about how I played through the remaster of Katamari Damice, and then I picked up We Love Katamari Rerolled, which is the remester of the second game, right away, and was excited just to jump back into it.
Speaker 2: I heard some people say that they liked this one more.
Speaker 4: I think in the end, I didn't feel that strongly about I still liked it. My issue with the game is that a lot of the levels are gimmicky, And there's some gimmick levels in the first one like hey, roll up nothing but cats or something like that. This one, there's like a lot of levels like well you can only roll up fifty things to see what happens, or you're rolling up clouds, or this one's like a racetrack, and the gimbis would always be fun. Like don't get me wrong, it's like it was terrible, but I would be like, how about a level where I just I roll things? See how big my rollie roll can get. So I was craving a little bit of more of that juice. But still it was Katamari.
Speaker 2: It was fun. It's goofy.
Speaker 4: I loved all the vignettes with the King of all Cosmos growing up with his dad and the turmoil and then the coming to terms, and then the dad he dies, the spoilers, he dies, and he becomes the king, and it's all very kind of touching and weird and strange, and all that offbeatness still is appealing.
Speaker 2: The soundtrack is incredible.
Speaker 4: I have the Adam Maarri song stuck in my head like everybody else in this industry has had for the last twenty three years or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so now I'm caught up there. But no, uh, you know, Katamari was this weird by Blindspot for me, and now it isn't, and that's great. There's a part of me that maybe wants to go play Beautiful Katamari on the three sixty. I think that has maybe the backwards compatibility, so that kind of sounds. But maybe I should even check out that mobile one that se is good.
Speaker 2: Yeo, check out that's yeah.
Speaker 1: I of course I had like a three month Apple Arcade trial laying around they didn't activate, and then picked up Katamari and like, wow, this is a good one of these.
Speaker 2: Yeah I should do that. It's hard. It's hardly like a mobile game, right, that's just a real game that they put out on Apple Arcade.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, quote mobile games, it's just video games. Now, I know, I know what you were saying, but yeah, yeah, the quality is there across the board, but especially an Apple Arcade. Yeah, this is just a whole last video game. It's teally presented like a mobile game.
Speaker 2: Right, It's not like you're going from no to node and getting three stars, right or I guess if you are similar to how Always worked? Right? Literally? Yeah yeah, okay, well fair enough, but it still plays like Katamari.
Speaker 4: You know what we mean is how much like Candy Crestsaga?
Speaker 2: Is it mean? Yeah? Uh?
Speaker 1: All right gang uh continuing down the older game train, I'm curious as to why you pick this up, like Uncharted Waters New Horizons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when I finished Tales of Grace's f and this was before Lunar kitme out, and I was like, well I want to play something. I was still then let's play something on n S O. I like playing these old NSO games, and I actually did play those New Genesis drops Et Swat and Streets of Age one.
Speaker 2: But done that, what else is there that I haven't really played before?
Speaker 4: And like a month ago Nintendo released all those KOA games on n s O for Super Nintendo, and I always thought that was beyond even me, right like that, like these PC ports of strategy and sim games for the Super IT times out, I don't think I'd really like that. But I heard people say on Chare Waters is the best of them, and it's something to do with the Age of Exploration, which I think is kind of, you know, an interesting time period.
Speaker 2: So I just jumped in.
Speaker 4: You can immediately pick a character and they all have different campaigns, like the one is focused more on piracy, the one is focused more on exploration. I picked the one who's the merchant. You know, there's like a little bit of a story, but basically basically it was, hey, you have a very small amount of money in one ship. We're gonna tell you about this one kind of you know trading route you can do between Istanbul and some other city by low here and sell high there and vice versa. And it just became this very satisfying loop of sailing between these two places. The Super nintendoness of it was actually a big plus because it almost looks like some old sixteen bit JRPG with an overworld and you know, the top down esthetic and the very good music, so all that was working. The menus actually are pretty good. I assumed that was going to be a disaster.
Speaker 2: On Super Nintendo.
Speaker 4: You know, like there are these story beats that happened, like I just kind of had to sail around the entire coast of Africa to get to a city in the Middle East to do something. So it's suddenly like, Okay, well I've made a lot of money and now I have a fleet, so I'm able to have a lot of supply so I can do this. It's sometimes some like interesting events happen, like there's a storm, so I need to maybe weigh anchor by the coast and wait that out. I had sirens come and some of my crew members jumped in, so I had to replace them. All sorts of interesting things happened, But just this core loop of sailing and discovering, finding new ports, seeing if there's anything there that I want or can interact with it's been surprisingly good, and I'm like fifteen hours into this weird game now kind of maybe approaching the end of this character's campaign, and if I wanted to play again, Like, these other characters have very different things happening. I think they start in different cities, they're from different parts of the world. So yeah, just you know, I heard this game was good. I'm like, oh, this is kind of one of the secrets. Maybe not so secret as people who know, but to me secret best as any S games. I'm liking it a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did start this up after you told me about it, because what you're describing you knew when you were telling me very much a Jeff game, and I didn't know that the different characters did have different campaigns. So I think the guy I picked, I think he's more combat focused. I haven't got too far into it, but I was like, I'm gonna try to like do the trading, and I'm like, I'll figure it out on my own. I guess Mike stumbled did this. I'll figure it out. Now that I know, it's like, Okay, I'm gonna go back restart with that other character who you said like he like is from Istanbul or something.
Speaker 4: He's from miss Stample. I think his name's Alie something. And you know, there is like a whole combat thing to this game where there's like fleet battles and you can get fight one on one versus the captain, you have equipment, and I have actually not had to interact with any of that in my fifteen hour play through, because again, I'm a merchant, right, I'm doing more of that. I think if you're an explorer you can do that. Now, there's still like the threat of piracy. I think I have sort of measures that protected me. I guess that I haven't been attacked yet, but it's something that could happen. But yeah, you could do the pirate campaign or the maybe like Nave campaign, whether it's focused more on that stuff.
Speaker 2: I think I was the pirate campaign because it's like I got a letter from the king or something saying you have the right to do piracy in the name of England. I'm like, oh, is that how it works?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: It's hit? Yeah, Yeah, it totally is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I did not realize this, but people want Chap pointing it out. Horizons Gate is a game that came out a few years ago that I played a little bit is a game inspired by this game, and it's like, oh, Horizons of course. Yeah, so it's a Steam game that has a similar look to it. They're like actually trying to mimic the Super Nintendo RPG you look to it. Yeah, I'm very excited to try this game. I love the idea of like systems being modeled in a game and buying low soe and high and arbitrage and all that stuff. It's a very cool concept. I you know, Sid Myers Pirates nailed that for me forever ago. This is definitely on that same wavelength.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's pretty comparable to that, because there's a Genesis version of Pirate School that I think people actually like a lot. I bet that's maybe a similar experience. Somebody in chat is saying it's Istanbul and not Constantinople, and yeah, it's still Instantbul here. Why did Constantinople get the works?
Speaker 2: That's nobody's business, but the Turks. He thank you, thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: I really love when you'll get a game or play a game and it's like very simplified graphics, but the box art is so elaborate. I was just staring at the box art for the Chartered Waters, I'm like, this looks gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like there's production values here right like this, I don't know, it's a very pretty game.
Speaker 3: It seems very elaborate, but I guess that makes sense. It was on it looks like Japanese PC platforms, and then gap part to the Super Nintendo and Jassis.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: I think it's actually second game in like that series.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: We didn't have acuver here because I don't if he got the first one. But yeah, yeah, this one has a subtitle, and I was like, this definitely has sequel subtitle.
Speaker 1: Vibes to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think this is Yeah, this is number two. And then there's oh yeah one that we didn't get before it.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. Last week there was the Galaxies gaming showcase that Timor Kurt and Jake Decker talked over, and one of those games caught my eye. And it turns out it's been on Turbo Sewn Seancdow's radar for quite a while and that game is unbeatable.
Speaker 3: Yes, this was I think first. I can't remember the exact origins. If it was a kickstarter, I think it may have been a while back. It was first on my radar in twenty twenty one. I think it was when they put out their first initial demo for it, and oh man, y'all. Jan asked me the other day, what's a Shawn game? And I tried to give you some examples, you know, like Persona and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: This is sean game.
Speaker 3: This no joke, sense a gad sense a goat my radar back then, like four years ago. Probably my single most anticipated video game. I am so ad for this thing. It's hard to even describe what it really is, Like the elevator pitch is, I would say, I, I know, I know, this is a big thing to claim, but it's like vibes fully coolly the game, like not necessarily oh yeah, not necessarily subject matter, but like the vibes of it definitely. You're like, they haven't revealed the full story yet, but basically it's a world where music is outlawed and you play as this girl beat who's in a band, so you're naturally outlawed, exactly like Footloose for all the fifty year old men in the house. Yes, but it's visually it's a hand drawn anime style animation almost paper Mario sque because it's two D cells on a like three D render background and everything. The gameplay itself, I guess you'd say it's kind of adventure game. You're sort of like walking around talking to people, gaining the story, progressing a story and everything, and the gameplay beyond that is it's all rhythm game. So the combat, I guess you could say, because sometimes it's you know, you're having an inner struggle in a dialogue and you're like fighting imaginary creatures. Sometimes you're punching cops because you.
Speaker 2: Know you're an outlaw.
Speaker 3: And the entirely revolves around this two lane rhythm game system. It's very simple, but it hooks you in because it's just two buns. And then they play with the two buns a little bit like you know, you know, you need to punch like the creatures on the beat, and then sometimes like the creature will like get hit up to the other charting you have to like alternate between the two with the rhythm of the song. It's very interesting. And then scattered throughout the world there's it's almost rhythm Heaven, the way you'll have a rhythm mini game. They don't tell you that they don't explain it to you, but it'll just start happening, like you'll just stand Last night, I was playing the demo and you stand next to a vending machine and you just look out over the ocean and just these circles starting closing in on the view and you start like rhythm rhythmically tapping the bun and then like a chart like sheet music starts like being overlaid on top of the view and your goals to just hit the buns in time with the rhythm. So it's they're doing some interesting stuff here. There's also like you go to the batting cages and you know that's self explanatory. You need to, you know, whack the balls in rhythm. You need to like as many home runs as can very rhythm heaven that way, it's fantastic. I yeah, I said, I love what they're doing here. They're saying that it is coming out this year and I'm really looking forward to is because this demo is fantastic. And by the way, I have I have a screenshot there in the chat just as sums up earthing you know about the tutory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been looking at a thing on Steam.
Speaker 4: This game looks cool as hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a moment where the character like jumps on top of that subway train as it's going, and it's like the two D paper Mario cell animation mixed up with the three D It looks fantastic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, sorry, I know, I just I love that style of like the two D acid still always looks so good to me. I love hand drawing stuff. I some ways will almost always prefer that depending on the game, But yeah, I love that look of doing it in front of the three D world. Still, it reminds me a little bit of Demons Turf from not too long ago, Like I really look sure of that game. This is doing something different because it's not as even retro and spiral, like this is just hand drawn art without trying to make it look pixely or video gamey.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I get those rhythm heaving vibes for sure, And there is something there's a little bit of because it's like there's a little bit of Persona four here with the vibe sa basis, because it's as a little bit of that suburb yeahb in that suburban Japanese aesthetic rights of the big city stuff.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I definitely want to try to Oh and I neglected to you mention. Uh.
Speaker 3: This game also has an entire other half where you can just play the songs as a rhythm game call Arcade mode, and so it's just a whole as rhythm game, a lot of songs that you play throughout the story mode.
Speaker 1: So nice.
Speaker 2: Nice, It's awesome, and people have.
Speaker 3: Been like trying to set high scores over the past few years since the initial demo and stuff.
Speaker 2: It is great, right is that initial demo that there's demo tapes and White Label demo tapes?
Speaker 3: I think is the music from White Label that you can download?
Speaker 2: That makes sense?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the White Label is you know, from twenty twenty one, yep, and it's got overwhelmingly positive reviews. Eight thousand people reviewed it like this, Wow, really popped off back then. Play Deck is publishing this game. Now who did blatro?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: I think, you know, look atter this thing, it's probably gonna be hap unbeatable.
Speaker 3: Yeah go yeah, go play both demos really all over on st why not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this game looks absolutely gorgeous. I really dug the Scott Pilgrim anime from gosh was that two years ago? Now? I think so, and I would have loved like a Redone game, uh in this style, because this looks gorgeous. Uh. We talked over the Oblivion our Elder Scrolls for Oblivion remaster earlier today. You can go ahead and tune into that later. Don't tune away from this podcast, don't turn it off, turn both on at the same time. There you go. But that's not the only remaster we got here on the docket. Jeff Grubb, this is a little bit of a surprise see from you. I'm sorry if that's an assumption.
Speaker 2: Now that's I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lunar Remastered collection.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I've always been Yeah, I've always been curious about Lunar.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, hold on, hold on first, Dan is playing Ease. Now you're playing Lunar's Nest.
Speaker 2: We're we're gamer.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: What are you talking?
Speaker 1: Abo?
Speaker 2: You've been replaced with sometimes Listen, I've always wanted to like RPGs. Just because I don't always doesn't mean I don't want to be one of you. I think you are good taste. There's nothing wrong with our ut people. Yeah, one of you people. I I've always been like eyeing this franchise and being like, man, that looks pretty cool. When it first showed up as like a Sega CD game and a PlayStation game, and it had all the anime cut scenes, and obviously the segacyd ones were pretty limited and cut down, but still it just like looked like this magical thing. I'm like, oh my god, that's anime inside of a video game, and it looks so mesmerizing and eye catching.
Speaker 1: And you know, I.
Speaker 2: Would talk to people for years and every once in a while so it would be like, yeah, no, no, my favorite game is a Lunar Silver Story. Right is that the name of the first one? And I've okay, all right, well that's I've definitely been curious about it. So now these remasters are here, and they are the remasters, they are those same games, and I think this collection does include the original versions as well, which I might actually go back and maybe start the original versions. The remasters are very much let's like take those anime cut scenes and run them through a smoothing filter, and I feel like maybe some of the charm is lost, and that it's like got very like bold black lines around the characters. Now that just like looks a little unnatural, and that's definitely what's what's been sticky with me so far. And then it's like, you know, you're playing the game and it feels like at RPG where they're still figuring out a lot of the RPG stuff, like the moving the character around the screen. It feels like almost like controlling a cursor with a dpad, where it's just like kind of flipping over everything, and it doesn't feel too tactile.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then I got some combat and I'm like, okay, this is pretty standard RPG combat, but I do think it's it seems pretty fun. There seems they're like positioning elements to it, where depending on how you have your characters ordered, the enemies will attack kind of who's out front first. At least that's how it's been in the early game. And so it's like, Okay, there's a little bit more of you know, just a tiny element of strategy here that I can think about, and I can actually set up my initial positioning whenever I go into a fight and tell a character, hey, no, you have the range, attack and lower health, so clearly let's get you in the back and let's put these other two up front. So they can kind of tank some damage, and that just having that little extra on top does give me something to work with. But I do get the sense like if you were playing this game at that time, of course it became your favorite game. It's like was so different and so like bold in terms of we're just gonna put the anime stuff in here, and it was a game of its time. It's gonna be a little bit harder, i think, for people to go back and see what people saw in that moment. But I still think that there's nothing like wrong with it, and I'm enjoying myself so far.
Speaker 4: I believe you played this before I did, but she just didn't get a code yet, so I'm trying to fix that. I've been excited for these I have not played these games, but I love Jackyg's I've heard a lot about them. But I also love like that era of early CD games and the kind of there's some awkwardness with the way that they were so excited about full motion video and a lot of that was live action footage, but that's always gotten was like, well we have that here, but instead of live action footage, it's anime cut scenes, and there's a chance just.
Speaker 2: Like the FMV games, the live action FMV games. The cut scenes a lot of them are an anime character just talking directly to the camera, just like in the live action FMV games, and it's it's like, really, that's such a time and place thing because no one else did that after this, Like it was that was gone very quickly. They're like, now we're just gonna have little movies and it's here, like, no, you're in the games. So the anime characters are talking to you and say, okay, well some of the about that feels so nineties and nostalgic and weird because it's just is awkward.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just like this and Ye's one and two on Turbo CD that kind of had that vibe.
Speaker 2: And there's just something magical about that.
Speaker 1: Still. Yep.
Speaker 2: I think that people who are super into RPGs, this would be a good way to like go back and find they find out what these games are all about. Finally. Yeah, because if I do get the sense, even from among people who are a massive fans of the genre, have not all played this one, So now here you go, it'll be an easy way to do that.
Speaker 1: Now, this has always been a blind spot for me, it's always been like I see the add of the magazine and money's tight this month, so like you can't get that one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was kind of I felt like it was advertised in magazines for years, but I'm sure that was just my kid brain not being able to tell my plan is being a charred Waters. Then this collection will tie me over until the switch to release, I expect. I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think about. You guys should give me a shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I might give it a shot as well. Uh speak about anime and sean games and what is also a jan game. It turns out this uh the ombargo review embargo popped off for this game yesterday and it has been nothing except super positive reviews. One hundred line Last Defense Academy. Jeff Greb, you're talking about getting an anime. You're talking about getting anime in your game. What if your game just starts with an hour of anime at the time. Yeah, where they don't let you touch anything.
Speaker 2: Eighty eight now in Open Crew, which is exciting to fantasy. I also put money on it too. He doesn't even know where it is, Okay, I don't know what it is. That's my question. Here's what I've heard. It's anime, even more anime. Fire Emblem is that what is this game?
Speaker 3: It's it's Don Gun Rampa Fire Emblem, and I mean that literally.
Speaker 2: That's what I said.
Speaker 3: Is from the people who made Don Gun Rampa, Like, it's from the studio that was founded by like I think it's the creator of the Nonneri game series, so nine nine nine in all those games, and the creator and some key people from Don and Rampa. So naturally when they team up, you get a game like this where it just looks like Don and Rampa, you know, those visual novels and everything like that. It's a lot of story because that's what they do. These games are not explicitly you know, video games that we expect them. They are visual novels first with you know, like some element to them as well, Like don Gan Rapo was a very ace attorney, so you get like that story dump and then you have to go solve the puzzle.
Speaker 2: And everything like that.
Speaker 3: That's what you have going on here where it's a lot of story, very anime. And then the gameplay this time is Fire Emblem. It's a grid based, tile based tactics. That's how you get a.
Speaker 2: Jan and Sean game.
Speaker 3: You take the anime, you take the tiles, you put them together. Jan, how are you feeling about this one?
Speaker 1: I'm digging it a lot. It is very anime heavy, very dialogue reading heavy at the top, so you know if if that is not your bag, word of warning there. But once you actually get to the gameplay the combat at least, I really dig it. You control a squad of four of your Sean is it like eight people? I want to say, I'm only a few hours in now, and what the max's okay? Well, you control like a squad of four and then each you have limited AP points per turn, so limited actions per turn. But once one character attacks, they enter like a like tired state, but they can still move, and with some characters, after they enter that tired state, they get a whole different set of actions. So the tactics element there is neat. Also a big thing that I like is some of the characters just have like a wide sweeping at so instead of having to target just like one at a time, waste turns doing that can get rid of like a whole line or like a whole cross section of enemies in one go. The different characters definitely feel like they have different little things, intricacies popping off. One of the first characters you get to control as a dude riding a motorcycle, and for each space he moves, he gains like a little pip of armor which is neat, so you can just send him zooming across the map. You get this one cool lady with an axe that is definitely stronger than most of your other characters. I'm liking it a lot. The Dungan Ropa franchise has always been for series has always been something that has eluded me, and I've been told I would really dig the crap out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Who everyone seems to love those games and I still don't know what they do visual novels, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, Like I said, it's very Ace Attorney. It's you know, detective adventure puzzle games with yeah, a lot of reading, so it's got visual novel elements.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For folks out there, you know Seanson's you're more familiar with with that series and fire emblem, the boxes. This was ticking off for me in terms of familiarity is that this was feeling a lot like a thirteen Sentinels ageus rim in terms of, like.
Speaker 3: Anna ask, in terms of how it's blending things together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in terms of how it's blending things together. Like, here's like this gigantic stacked cast a pretty interesting story from the from the jump, i'd say, and then like the combat not necessarily taking a back seat, but like being a second element to the game. But you're a lot of people are going to tune into this this game for the story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's like how I was, Yeah, like like with Donkan Rampa and like with a similar game. So yeah, like a thirteen Sentinels, I ain't here right about that. When this game first I revealed it was a Nintendo Direct, I remember looking at this. I was like, is that like tower defense were they doing here? And so yeah, like Jan mentioned with having being more about like large sweeping attacks hitting multiple tiles rare than focusing, that's sort of the vibe because there is a tower defense like inspiration to the combat where you're trying to you know, protect the academy that you're at, the you know, last defense academy, and so instead of being about like a small squad invading you and fighting more one on one, it is about more waves of really weak enemies and then using your big sweeping attacks in order to take multiple enemies at the same time, which makes it feel kind of like a different type of strategy game because that's more about positioning your characters to hit as many enemies as possible and clearing them out to prevent them from getting to basically your tower and trying to take it out. So it makes you think about the strategy in a different way, which I think is fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's an interesting twist, and I feel like I have kind of been broken by strategy games or tactics games like Into the Breach, where I need like a pretty fast response time. But this is different enough where it is scratching that tactics itch, but like, okay, we can kind of slow it down. We do need to protect the power, but these turns are moving fast. I'm interested to see how the game will will get more complicated because there is a pretty fat stack of characters that you're introduced to at the very top.
Speaker 2: Some of some.
Speaker 1: Tropes I think we should drop from gamsa together.
Speaker 3: That's the baggage of the Donngan Rampa series is they are you know, similar to say like Persona of the Past, they're sort of like stuck in the past a little bit with the writing in some ways some tropes that we get away from.
Speaker 4: I can't help but let this this character with the heart tattoo and the blue ponytails and she I think that's a sunder ray or something like that, right, So that's a sundare and I don't I don't know about the.
Speaker 3: Lightning and the sunder Yeah, exactly, Yeah, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Where there's like that's my favorite imagined dragon.
Speaker 3: But yeah, needs to say if you don't know about the other franchise that we mentioned, like don Gun Rappa and stuff. Despite being colorful, it is a very dark subject matter wise game like yes, if you like, yeah, he gets right into it from the get go, which you know again doun Gan Rapa is like a mystery revolving around a killing game. If you didn't know that these people to do dark stories, uh, that that's what you're gonna get here. I mean, like you all of your characters basically have superpowers. They get that by stabbing themselves in the chest with a sword and then your blood turns into like superpowers.
Speaker 2: So like yeah, I don't think that's how swords work.
Speaker 3: No, not the swords you're familiar with, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Shirt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did laugh because that blue haired character that you mentioned, Mike did say the word isa KaiA and then like I popped a little bit of like, no.
Speaker 2: It's hilarious.
Speaker 3: They literally it's Dan Reicherd's definish of an We're like this an right. It's like, well, you're kind of just a different place, so I'm not sure I would call it that. Like literally our conversation from there, just in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Is kind of uh. And then you know, we have another front runner for a little freak of the Year with Sirae or sir the entity that that brings you into the Last Defense Academy, the.
Speaker 2: Not Mona Kuma.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's the black and white bear. It takes an egg kind.
Speaker 2: Of if anything be it.
Speaker 1: Reminds me of the egg people from Jimmy Newtron, and that's a reference that has lost upon it.
Speaker 3: And he talks like your grandpa who doesn't know that World War two is over?
Speaker 4: Jimmy Neutron's incredible because I think like somehow Jeff and I are too old for it and then there's other people who are too young for it.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's correct. God, I'm having a brain black right now. Those are good.
Speaker 2: Those are good. I'll go watch all of Jimmy Neutron right now, be right, you know, just watch the movie.
Speaker 1: No, just just watch it on GBA card I think they released them there.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 1: Last game that I have here, and I learned all about Fatal Fury Cry or City of the Wolves Gang from watching WrestleMania this weekend because it's smack down in the middle of the mat. Sean Mike, you two have been playing this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've just played.
Speaker 4: I've only played a little bit myself, just kind of got a flavor of it, and you know, like I thought with the Beta, I think it's it's pretty fun. It's definitely a good one of those. I like a lot of these kind of games. Sometimes I think there's one or two mechanics too many, but they are. You know, it's not like an Artistan Fighter that goes way overboard with that stuff. But you know, it's like justin Fenn and over gauge or or whatever, and the drive thing and the million other dry things. But it does be fun so far. I even kind of like what they're doing with the single player mode, where it's it's, you know, one of those kind of RPG things. It's a little bit like what Street Fighter did with a world tour, but it doesn't have quite as much filler. To me, I feel like I'm fighting people more often. Of course, that means that you are just navigating menus instead of actually running.
Speaker 2: Around a three D world.
Speaker 4: Part of me doesn't necessarily miss that. But Sean, I think you maybe probably have more to say on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I do.
Speaker 3: I was debating if I really even wanted to talk about this one at all because of the issues surrounding it, and I realized that people just may not know about the issues with this game, and so I thought maybe it would be good to address that a little bit, just so people know, because like I was thinking, I was talking with my friends there day, and while always lamenting man, it's like it's weird that Max hasn't talked about the issue use with this game at all. Like I know he doesn't get into that, but it's like it's talk A.
Speaker 4: Million Dude is a popular fighting game YouTuber and stream radio.
Speaker 3: Well here's get announced here's the thing Max addressed down stream the other day where he's like, oh see, I didn't know, like and I that that's what like flip the switch of my brain where I'm like, yeah, not everyone's as plugged into a lot of this stuff as we are, so maybe they just don't know the issues with Yes, S and K is now owned by I forget Savvy, Yeah, I forget the name of the organization, but Saudi Arabia Trust, and it's under the Savvy thing, which is their big you know, that's.
Speaker 4: Why they have the money to put the logo on Wrestledmania. I'm not saying that this looks like a cheap game, but they have definitely spent more money on advertising it.
Speaker 2: It kind of looks.
Speaker 3: That's some of the problems here because okay, like when when S and K got bought by these guys, they were like, oh no, that's not going to influence the way we make games at all. Fast forward to twenty twenty five and we have we have Christiano Ronaldo who plays for their soccer team, and Salvatory Ganachi, a DJ you've probably never heard of, who play shows for them in the game, not as cameos, not as like skins, not as DLC characters, Bass Roster playable characters.
Speaker 2: In this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the problem like the Problemax soccer guy who you do some googling about why Ronaldo's problem Mac and then the yeah, the DJ who likes to play for them. It's it's a weird situation. And that's what says people up in arms is because those characters are taking up slots that could have been other U S and K characters.
Speaker 2: Is it the whole thing that the DJ is like NBS's friends, like NBS likes this DJ STLA the Royal family.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like that's yeah, that's like the short, abridged version of what's going on here and why a lot of people are like I.
Speaker 3: Don't really like what's going on here, and I can't want to stay away from the game. I think, you know, some of our friends who have done interviews have like mentioned this in who have done reviews have mentioned this in their reviews, like Jason did one for game Spot and I've never had to pronounce the last name. Will Borger over at Digital Trends did one that is excellent and kind of popped off over a weekend. Will is a great guy. Moment Evo, and yeah, he came up with a great review that explains why we don't like this ship. In the FGC, we actively avoid this ship, and so it's weird to have in a fighting game that we've been looking forward to for years and years and years. Yeah, anyways, I just wanted to get that out of the way and then talk about, Yeah, the game itself, it's yeah, what's up.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it's weird with this DJ because I see a lot of people in fighting community actually be like, well, we don't mind this guy for some.
Speaker 2: Reason, again because they don't know. Yeah, and it's real, Yeah, you should know a little bit. I mean, just to run it down, it's like, okay, So Saudi Arabia is basically they have a massive corporation that gets the way out of the ground, so they have tons of money that's all owned by the royal family, and the royal family right now mostly controlled by Mohammed ben Samon, who's NBS, who had a journalist killed and has also done a lot of other terrible things. But just like unrepentantly had a journalist killed someone that was just trying to find out what's going on in his own country was reporting on it, and and then since then, the Saudi Arabia has invested a ton more in games. They're invested in all kinds of games, including Nintendo and all kinds of other companies, so that it's unavoidable to a point. But it's like them having an eight percent investment in Nintendo and then them going to sen K and be like, we own you put my favorite DJ and this guy who's accused of sexual assault in the video game because he's on our soccer team. This is where the line gets crossed for a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Thank you, right yea, So it makes it it just yeah, just makes it worse. And I'm you know, like sometimes I wish that I could take a harder stand some time, but even this is like, yeah, this is I don't know I feel about all this.
Speaker 2: This is just makeing it kind of hard.
Speaker 3: To It's just bad because if it wasn't, see like they're as and K fans who are bummed out because like, well, you know, some people that we love, you know, past characters, could have been this game.
Speaker 2: Instead.
Speaker 3: It's basically you know, influence from higher ups saying no, you should put ourself of our favorite real world people in this game.
Speaker 2: That's messed up.
Speaker 4: It would be even if it was cool people, right, like if they put Bob Ross in it, like that's better, but it's still kind of stupid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's them basically, you take that back, like the Fortnite thing is what they're trying to like appear to be. It just doesn't come off that way when you have a small roster of characters where every little thing that every little bit of the character matters to the balancing of a multiplayer game.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, bizarre. Yeah, And then.
Speaker 3: Some some people in chat were like, how could you possibly not know about stuff? Because unless someone tells you that there's an issue with these people, you're probably just gonna think, oh, yeah, it's a call. Do you think it's a Fortnite They're just putting random real people, and like.
Speaker 2: How are you Yeah, yeah he did. Yeah, they just know him from playing soccer.
Speaker 3: That's why everyone's assuming like, oh, Renauld's in there because he's like one of the most famous football players in the world. That's of course they're gonna put them in for advertising. And then you know someone needs to tell you, no, you should go do some googling.
Speaker 2: About what that.
Speaker 4: Passed, right, just like this, you know latest Maximilian video about the DJ. People like, well, I heard this guy's at S and kfin and hah, his moves are silly and he looks like Max, that's great.
Speaker 2: It's like uh uh.
Speaker 3: Anyways, that being said, I yeah to talk about the game itself and what I've played of it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: I do think that the shame of it all is that there there's actually a pretty fun fighting game underneath, and that's the bummer is because I will love to play. As people have been weighing like twenty five years for a sequel to Fatal Fury, and they made a good one. They it's very street Fighter. The two series have always been intrinsically linked, Like one of the key people who made the first Street Fighter went over to S and K to make Fatal Fury as like the next thing after Street Fire. So two have always been linked. And then this one is very street Fighter six. There's a lot of Street Fire six isms, like Mike was sort of saying about the way the fighting mechanics were, canceling moves and everything, managing a meter and all that. It feels pretty good. But the rest of the package I do think feels pretty cheap, which doesn't that's not super odd place for modern sm K. You look at like kof fourteen, kof fifteen Samurai Showdown, there's, yeah, the vibe that they have a lot of my work with, and so that's how you get, like the characters looking great. They're very cul shaded and well animated. But then you look at the backgrounds, it's like Unreal Engine four forest with like semi realistic textures and it looks bizarre.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, the worst thing is that train level because it's like, you know, the background elements are running at a lower frame rate than the game, which kind of makes sense safe space there, but there's a train level with a scrolling background and that scrolls at a lower frame rate. Yes, it sucks to look. It's giving people motion sickness.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, you mentioned the story mode that's in there. That's basically three Fire six's World Tour mode, but it's all menu based. It's all just like JPEGs and textboxes on a two D map. This game feels like it was made on a very small budget, which would be fine if it wasn't for fact that's getting so much damn money in marketing where you have everything from like influencers making videos like I saw there's a Mega sixty four skit or whatever. It's like, okay, that makes sense. But then yeah, scaling up to it's in the middle of the ring this weekend, was it WrestleMania or yeah, like the front and center in the ring, they had some graphics on screen. There's this giant boxing match that's apparently really important that's called like the Fatal Fury Match that had this super elaborate, like seven minute trailer something that's made the most elaborate trailer fighting games I've ever gone. It's wild how much money is going into this game. And then look at the game and it's another kind of low budget S and K game. So the whole situation is bizarre. It feels gross because of some people involved. And it's a bummer because I feel for the S and K fans who have just been trying to you know, prop up King of Fighters and prop up these games that they loved for so long, and then it there's this shadow cast over it by all the ick factor of it all, you know.
Speaker 2: Yep, Yeah, I definitely was like kind of getting in the mood for this game, and then then like I because I just was compartmentalizing all that stuff, and then as I was loading it up and then thinking about it again, it does just kind of put me in a mood of like, it's harder to enjoy this game.
Speaker 4: That's where, right, something exactly like I think I was able to compartmentalize it up to a point, but it really is like looking at that character select screen and just seeing their soccer player in DJ and the Ruster too much.
Speaker 2: It's too much.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's too much. I need to take a break, guy, so then we'll be back.
Speaker 2: You have to play it, okay.
Speaker 1: Thank god. I can only play as so many DJs. There's the one in Street Fighter, and then the hero I guess, and that's about it.
Speaker 2: The oldest daughter in Family Matters, excuse me, and the rock DJ from the Robbie Williams song Rock DJ.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, like Lucio from Overwatch, but these are good and relevant references, guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you, DJ, Stephanie, Michelle, all the Tanner girls are here.
Speaker 1: You got it, dude out all right. Well, we're gonna cut out this whole section of the podcast later and then when you're listening to it.
Speaker 2: Later.
Speaker 1: We'll be back with the news right after this, uh break news everyone, We've replaced Mike Manani with a square block of bubble wrap and and and surprise. Daily Daly's.
Speaker 2: From the Zoo came in your zoo dads.
Speaker 1: Mike, why don't you, why don't you show us your your autographs?
Speaker 2: This is pornographic. He's like undressing the zoo dads. These are this is big bubble wraps. The big are the bubbles themselves? Actually big? They look like big bubbles.
Speaker 4: It's like it's like a unbroken chaint wave of bubbles.
Speaker 3: It's a little hard to tell. I think it's like the one. It's like a mattress pattern.
Speaker 1: It's a mattress you could make a cool puffer jacket out.
Speaker 2: Of that suffocates them one to death.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean all right, all right, there's two of them.
Speaker 2: There's two Oh god, what wrapped around each other too?
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 2: They wra have this thing better than my computer, I said.
Speaker 1: For folks that don't remember, Mike Minatti won an auction at a zoo for two autographed game prints.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, two separate auctions and one boat one once Mike Tyson's punch Out. The other one is Mary and Pippen. I think I can't remember. I kind of wish it was Mary Pippin. It's proto Sam okay, lesser Hobbits, lesser for sure. Oh my gosh, almost there, almost there. I want to be gentle because this was quite an investment. I know.
Speaker 4: I don't think that I got this for some kind of deal, because it was at a Zoo auction.
Speaker 2: That is where I normally go for deals personally Zoo auctions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think my uh my certificates of authenticity are online or something, is what the thing said.
Speaker 1: I I guess are they saying that the signatures are authentic?
Speaker 2: Okay, authentic? Sure, okay, you're ready?
Speaker 1: You ready, I'm ready. Watch Mike accidentally doses himself.
Speaker 2: Still way wait, why why am I right my address on? There we go? That's cool.
Speaker 1: I like that. It's nice.
Speaker 2: One audio listeners. It's a screenshot from the video game with Mario saying t k O and there's this goofy signature.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, Mike did not buy NFT's.
Speaker 2: Folks, they're non fungible.
Speaker 1: Didn't sign it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess they couldn't get Andy serkis that day.
Speaker 2: Look, it says the thing in the in the dark elvish, one ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to party rock and sorry for party rocking. And and when he kicks the helmet but he breaks his toe, it says that no, right there, So there you go.
Speaker 4: That's what happens when you have too good of a time about the zoo. You get a little carried away.
Speaker 1: I want to go to my local zoo now and see what auctions they got going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, I got, you know, besides for those two things, it was all like steelers and pirates and penguins. Sports memorabilia made so much more sense. And then there's this two nerd shit that apparently only I was interested in one. Yeah, I gotta figure out where this stuff's gonna go. Actually, could probably just right there and there in my office.
Speaker 2: That should be good enough, I think. Yeah, in your car.
Speaker 4: On the outside, on the outside, on the outside on the outside, all right, No.
Speaker 1: Just like block your back windows with both of those prints like left and right side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't need those.
Speaker 4: It's such an eventful date in the zoo. I bought this crap. I got the icy dipping dots. I saw that sea Otter eat it's asp for and Mestraight. Yeah, we got lost for quite a while before we could leave for like half an hour.
Speaker 2: That was fun, too, good stuff.
Speaker 1: God, I want to go to a zoo with the Minati family now sounds like a ball of a time.
Speaker 2: It was pretty good.
Speaker 1: It was pretty good.
Speaker 2: It was pretty nice.
Speaker 1: You know what I've heard is also pretty nice. Pretty good. Elder Scrolls four and it turns out they remastered it. Jeff Grubb, I'd like to know more. Yeah, I got some news here for you. Everybody. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: QUI Yes, Elder Scrolls four Remastered is the official title. That's what they're calling in. I think a lot of us would consider it a remake, but they revealed it and it's out now. They it was a shadow drop. It actually did come out at like even as they were announcing, it was already up on Xbox and Steam. It's on game Pass, It's also on PlayStation five. They've put it out everywhere. I think the PlayStation version should run better in honor of old Elder Scrolls games just never working on PlayStation game well, I agree with that. It is massive it's one hundred and twenty some odd gigabytes is here one hundred and twenty eight notes, So I'm going to assume that's right. A lot of that's just got to must just be four K assets, because you know, that's the whole bulk of what they're going for here, and I wouldn't be surprised there would be a lot of assets in this game. It's a massive thing. It's fifty dollars on Steam. There's a deluxe edition that's sixty dollars. I think that comes with the horse armor and some other stuff. Perfect also could do like an art book and soundtrack app. I think they called it. I I'm never going to open that thing, so I'm not gonna be able to help you all on figuring out.
Speaker 1: What that does.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the game app, Yeah that's what. It just opens the Nintendo app on your phone and starts playing obliviing music. Go ahead, eighty two thousand concurrence on Steam in this game again, that's available on game Pass, so play people playing it that way. It just makes sense though, I mean Skyrim was such a big deal, and you know, essentially in a lot of ways, this is the first new outer Scrolls since that we had yees, so we had that weird mobile game, right, But I think this is what a lot of people have been waiting for. At least it's the next best thing before we get older scroll six. Yep, it's uh, it looks pretty promising. I'm downloading it right now and we'll probably check it out, so looking forward to playing this.
Speaker 1: Do you think post Malone is excited for this, at least versus a new elder Scrolls?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think if you put this in front of Posty, he's gonna he's gonna be very happy. This is gonna be his thing on the tour bus other than being in gambling ads, like he was in a lot of gambling ads last year where he's betting on the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: I know we talked about but boy, I followed three seems like a relatively shirt thing. But I hope you know, they do New Vegas also, right, Yeah, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: That'd be great.
Speaker 2: And I kind of hope they could do Marrowin at some point too, that'd be fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think this puts them on the path they're kind of doing all of those. If they can do one of these every two or three years going forward until they're kind of caught up and everything's updated. That would be fantast stick and that gives them plenty of stuff to to, you know, uh, filter in around whenever Elder Scroll six comes out, and then eventually one day a new fallout from this team. Yeah, I'm big, a big Oblivion fan, so gonna be gonna be trying this out. I just want And apparently it's steam deck Verify, which you know is un Real engeon five, So we'll see about that. We'll see about much anymore. It is especially for big open world Unreal Engine five game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you want to, we'll try it. If you want to see the game in action now, the game spot crew is streaming that. Playing through that right now would be remiss because Greb and I talked about this last week on Game Breaking News. But uh, the Bethesda underneath the Microsoft umbrella. Uh, and there was the BDS movement called to boycott Microsoft. So this is one of those opportunities folks for you know, boycott with your dollar, protest with your dollar. Maybe wait a bit before picking this up if you can. Yeah, I make a little bit of it.
Speaker 2: Is a Microsoft game, just like the bulk of the industry now absolutely all right, Nintendo brought back Paul Rudd for a switch To ad. This was pretty fun, Sean, Like, were you you're aware of that Paul Rudd Super Nintendo ad, right, because it's just gotta be kind of a oh you weren't, okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that.
Speaker 2: Paul Rudd did a Super Nintendo ad for its launch back in nineteen ninety one, not as like Superstar Superstar Paul Rudd just as a commercial actor and he just walks up to a dark street and there's thunder going off, and he just slams a cartridge in the Super Nintendo and then Mode seven graphics blow his mind.
Speaker 1: It was fun.
Speaker 2: They have basically recreated that with the Switch To. But what this really is hey? Switch To marketing has begun. Pre orders are happening tomorrow night. Essentially they've kicked everything into high gear and it does really feel like this thing is here. Now I'm getting excited about switch To, so I'm like, oh, I can actually pre order to think at my hands, were ordering it tomorrow night, hotorrow night.
Speaker 1: Do we get Sean dressed up as Paul Rudd from this commercial?
Speaker 2: He kind of has the hair.
Speaker 3: He kind of hasked, I just wear what Mike wears to SGF, I'll basically look like him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, there we go.
Speaker 2: There we go a little bit of a blazer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh. Speaking of Nintendo, Hey, that Donkey Kong Bananza game, We're all pretty sure that the Mario three Tomorrow team is involved in some way in that. But what about a new Mario game. They're gonna want to make a new three D Mario at some point. Well, Doug Bowser was asked about that, and the two words that kind of got people to get up some hope was he said, stay tuned.
Speaker 1: He said some other stuff.
Speaker 2: Basically was like, you know, we're gonna eventually have everything on the system, don't worry, but you know, stay tuned. To me makes it feel like, of course we're reading into this too much, but it's like, hey, is something going to happen sooner than we realize? And I'm trying to like figure out like what would have had to have happened or how I would things have had to have gone down for us to get a three D Mario from that three D Mario team. Quickly after Donkey Kong Bananza and it feels possible. It's possible.
Speaker 4: I don't want to read into stay tuned too much. Stay tuned for years from now, three years now exactly. We're definitely not.
Speaker 2: Waiting eight years for this game, Like you know, it was eight.
Speaker 4: Years between Odyssey and Bonanza.
Speaker 2: It's not going to be like that.
Speaker 4: And there could be a multitude of factors. Maybe that team got bigger, maybe Bonanza's actually kind of been done for a while, right, or maybe some other people are coming into help with one or both of those games. So yeah, maybe the three D Mario game is just a year or two away, maybe just three I think still expecting to get when this holiday is really Yeah, I wish because I haven't a fantasy critic, but it's not happening.
Speaker 3: I think stay tuned is just sort of a no shit statement, and he's like, yeah, there'd be a Mario. Well, we'll let you know answer ready.
Speaker 2: I guess what there is to it. I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: On the topic of who's making Donkey Kong, Andy brought this up over on the VGC podcast. I thought that was an interesting point of there being a little cagey about like who's behind it, which is generally a thing that they do when it's not entirely Nintendo internal.
Speaker 2: When it's Grezo or something like that.
Speaker 3: I think that's a good point, is that maybe it's like partially developed internally, partially externally or something like that, and that's why they're being weird about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think that there's definitely a possibility that the support studios and a Nintendo software technology and one up who helped with Bowser's Fury could have been incorporated into this in some way and are either helping a lot with Bonanza or maybe they're helping a lot with the next Mario game. And so the division of labor has been split up so that Team EPD five, that is, the three D Mario team, could actually do both relatively quickly.
Speaker 1: Like I wouldn't be surprised by that.
Speaker 2: Sintendo's gonna want a three D Mario game before too long, they especially with a new movie coming out next year. So yeah, I I could see ways to make that makes sense.
Speaker 4: And in the meantime, you could do Odyssey switch to edition, right, you could do maybe a better three D All Stars. You could even give us Galaxy to somehow. Maybe it's more of a bespoke special release. There's there's other things they can do to tide the gap a little bit, but not a ton. They don't have as many options as say, Zelda.
Speaker 3: Does mouse control for those pointer controls.
Speaker 2: That would be good. Yeah, maybe I would do it, maybe mouse controls.
Speaker 1: You know, Luigi's Mansion could be neat, Yeah, be different could.
Speaker 4: They kind of had that figured out pretty good with just mentioned three though that game was feeling nice.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, what not mass uh?
Speaker 2: Xbox is hinting at Indiana Jones sequel. I think this is another no ship. We think, we think there's life in that franchise, is what Phili Spent said. The first game seems to have done pretty well in Xbox. I think it did pretty well on Steam. It's not launching on PS five. I feel like they're gonna want to stick with this franchise, at least for one more game, and likely for an entire trilogy. That's kind of how these things go. That's when you like really sort of make your money. It's on when the third game also hits and we've got in that engine and that technology on lockdown, and we know how to make these games. It becomes a lot easier to get the third one out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it's good to hear. Because with Xbox and the way game passes and they don't report a lot of numbers, sometimes we don't really know how they feel about the performance of a game until they talk about wanting to make a sequel. So I'm like, okay, Andiana Jones probably did well enough. And you know, I was a little concerned because that last movie didn't do well. A lot of people don't seem to care about Indian Jones as much, so I'm glad that they seem happy.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: You know, sometimes sometimes Microsoft says things and then sells an entire studio that made that game that they.
Speaker 2: Said did well.
Speaker 4: Anybodys I have done that, so this is some guarantee that we're going to get the sequel.
Speaker 1: But I'm hoping.
Speaker 4: I did like that game a lot, and I would like to see more adventures of Indian Jones in Gina.
Speaker 1: Be good. Should I watch Dial of Destiny?
Speaker 2: Yeah it's not terrible? Now okay, yeah, well, I mean, do you do you care about any Indiana Jones at all?
Speaker 1: Not at all?
Speaker 2: You don't need to watch them? Yeah, you're fine, Let's go watch Raiders.
Speaker 4: Again and get a good opinion about Raiders first, and then we can worry about dials of destiny.
Speaker 2: Crystal Skull at least, right it's fatter than definitely. All right, let's see here a classic GBA fire Embloom has been added to Switch Online. Retra Library tiles are just absolutely losing their minds.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Sacred Stones, originally a Game Boy Advanced game from two thousand and four, has been added to the Nintendo Switch onlines game Boy Advanced app which is the Expansion pack. So the fifty dollars a year version of Nintendo Switch Online because it's a GBA game. Uh yeah, this is an early fire Them game that we got here in the States. But it's one of the good ones, just like most of these Firemom games are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bacred Stones is cool because I played that first one that was just called firemm here. This was the second one we got here. This is the third GBA one they released, as we didn't get.
Speaker 2: That first one with Roy and it like eight overall or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I really I like this game. I like the way those GBA ones look with the really the looking Pixar and and they're very fluid animations in the battle. So I like this game quite but I never did finish it, so it might be fun to.
Speaker 1: Go back to this. Yeah, it was a toughie, if I recall correctly for my time sitting on the bus playing this game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was definitely harder than like the modern Awakening and the post era ones for sure.
Speaker 2: Did it have like the full quality of life stuff of like, hey, you could see everywhere where the enemy team could potentially attack you. Did they have like that sort of thing?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't It didn't have the whole Hey, you can play it without the perma death mode you had to play with r I think, And it was just the weapon will is a bit more strict and rigid critical hits, a.
Speaker 2: Lot of them off and kill a person.
Speaker 3: A lot of the quality of life stuff that we now associate with fireing them came about an awakening.
Speaker 2: So yes, Wakening kind of solidified a lot of that stuff. Hey, but you know, not to scare any one off. It's on ns go trying that these games are still.
Speaker 4: Some people are test saying like, oh, I I think it's maybe one of the easier ones. So even without that quality life stuff might not be as bad as some of the other ones.
Speaker 2: So yeah, take a look, it's neat.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's see here. Let me get back to where I was. Oh boy, ye fun what's so funny?
Speaker 1: Story?
Speaker 2: Oh right, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Now you know it's.
Speaker 2: An Outrun movie is being made by Michael Bay and Sidney Sweeney. A live action Outrun movie is in development at Universal, with Michael Bay directing and producing and Sydney Sweeeny producing. Mike, are they just doing this so they can replace that Fast and the Furious ride with an Outrun thing?
Speaker 4: Because they're just they're replacing it with like another fast and furious ride?
Speaker 2: Is what really is that thing? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh hey, you know what, I think this is a good idea. Go ahead, give more details if you want to.
Speaker 2: Jason Rothwell will write the script. They they called it the very popular video game, which hey, it is in my life, I suppose.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then Sega's Toro Nakahara and Shuji Utsumi will oversee the project, so they're they're basically gonna be like Miamoto overseeing the Mario movie to make sure that Outrun is treated right. I guess uh if it's just like a Smokey and the bandit sort of thing. I mean, why not mean to make the old oldest old man reference. I'm sorry, that's what it would be.
Speaker 4: Any drama, it should be like the game. It should be all vibes all. I was gonna say, what is the.
Speaker 2: Script for an Outrun movie? It's just driving forward.
Speaker 4: You just drive with the pretty person and it's like they got Sidney's you got that, you got Michael Baar.
Speaker 2: I bet the car's gonna be fast. I think we're good to turn it into a robot. Yeah, we'll be fine.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't want any drama. I don't like even the Michael bay explodes stuff. They could kind of happen in the dial. They can look at him be like that's nice.
Speaker 2: But I just want them to drive. Just chill music, Sidney Sweeney driving a really cool car and nuclear bombs going off and there we go. That's already better than most movies. I have to listen to you all talk about guys.
Speaker 1: Guys, it is gonna be an American adaptation of the Japanese movie Drive My Car, and it's just gonna be Sidney Sweeney driving your car for like hours on end talking about life and having like a I don't know, going deep into psychological and emotional trauma.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be like lost in translation in a car.
Speaker 2: I think there's a whole genre of drive cars across the country movies, and they're just gonna make one of those with Outrun. And that's completely fineb give us the movie to do that or the money to do that, We'll make the movie. Call us to be, not to be the character from a near automata. Oh, by the way, where's your movie? Hah? The are automatus so popular? Eat shit? Here's an Outrun that's right, a real video game, right. Uh? You know, Saya's bring it back all these classic franchises. They have not brought up out Run, but they're supposedly making a movie. You think maybe we'll get to that because gosh, yeah, original runs good. Outrun two is fantastic. I would love a new one. Outrun three D for the three DS is always the one I recommend it. It's Outrun one, but it's it's just a really good version of that arcade game done by M two, who did really good jobs in all those charts. It is like precedent for we're old, seemingly forgotten video game movies doing well.
Speaker 1: It's talking about Rampage.
Speaker 4: Rampage, which I think is still technically one of the highest grossing video game. Well what that was at the time where the rock actually was just a bankable can't miss start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, Jason rothwell whatever your name is, here's the after credits stinger. Now, Sydney Sweeney gets out of the car because the vibes have ended, You're done driving wherever. And then she looks on her phone and she goes, oh, wait, I gotta get somewhere, and then like you just hear like an engine purring in the background, and then like pick it up, pick it up, pick it up, and then just Scus starts playing that is the craziest movie.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, alright, I'm down, I'm in. I'm in Crazy Taxi versus out Run. Yeah, that's differently. We'll get that great Tarismo nerd in here. We'll get the breaking bad guy from Need for Speed. We'll give the hornet from Fighting Vipers. Yeah yeah, I did not know you were gonna pick up Need for Sweet into the cinematic universe.
Speaker 1: This movie already sounds fully loaded, so we need her. Well, throw a.
Speaker 2: Joke to the guy Scar whatever his name is, it'll be needles. We'll get needles in there. Yeah yeah, Needles McGee, I think it is his name. Yeah yeah, yeah, right, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah all right. Retro games industry is in panic as trump tariffs threatened hobby. Hey, Trump's triffs are threatening everything, including our economy. We were in a recession. Everybody welcome, but.
Speaker 1: Grab I just need to hijack this real quick. Please do this, motherfucker I said this. I'm sorry for cussing. All right, this person. I talked about this a couple of weeks ago on Game Breaking News, I think when it was formerly called Gameless Mornings. The price of my coffee is going up and I'm going insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my bad beans.
Speaker 1: This weekend was four dollars more than.
Speaker 2: It was before.
Speaker 4: God, they got chance coffee. They're getting grubs Chinese handhelds.
Speaker 2: I'm getting as they got my handouts and my retro tings. Recent US tariffs on Chinese imports are severely impacting the retro gaming handheld market. Companies like Ambernick and retroid Pocket are facing challenges that includes halted shipments and increased prices. Retrogaming enthusiasts are panic buying devices before prices surge ein, just like the iin odin I guess just announced today they are also joining in on this. They are not no longer shipping stuff to the United States from China. THEFF the tariffs classify panic or the tariffs classify video game consoles as toys, not technology, making them subject to high levies. You might remember, weren't there exceptions? Those were for Apple because Tim Cook is the guy that Trump wishes he was so well when he comes when he comes to the White House, he's like, well, I need to be good at business. Still in Trump's like, oh okay, I'll let you have your stuff. But everyone else is pretty much screwed here. So prices are going to go up for everything. And really, this is the only choice if you're shipping from China is you just can't do business in the United States anymore. And none of this stuff is going to get manufactured in the United States. We've said that before, but let's be clear, like that's not that you say like, oh, we couldn't do it, like this entire industry of these retro handhelds and the retro tinks and the FPGA consoles. This is only possible because there was this manufacturing in China in the first place. The people the ideas looked at what was possible due to the capacity of manufacturing and worked backward from like, I have a good relationship with this one manufacturer, what can we do And they're like, oh, we could actually make this stuff cheap enough that it becomes a commodity and we could just put these out a ton of year And it's been a really great thing. And now it's just getting completely nuked. And yeah, I mean this is just like one tiny aspect of it. Of course, this is really having a major drag on the economy overall overall. And yeah, it's just going to keep getting worse until something breaks. And this is just one of the many things that are breaking. Yeah, the Analog three D that like, they haven't shipped that yet, so it's screwed. They've already taken pre orders on that. They're gonna have to cancel those essentially or charge more money one or the other.
Speaker 3: Knowing Analog, they might just charge more money.
Speaker 2: They'll probably just charge more money exactly. Respawn reveals gritty Clone Wars story, Star Wars Zero Company for PS five, Xbox MPC tiles for actually, I don't even know if this one has tiles, but it is a turnbase implied tiles for me, baby, implied tiles.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Electronic Arts revealed Star Wars z com or Zero Company, a turn based tactics game by bit Reactor and Respawn Entertainment, set in the Clone Wars era and releasing in twenty twenty six for PCPs five and Xbox Series X slash s. It is x Com with Star Wars. It's made by people who have they made Xcom, a lot of former facts, people who worked on x Com. They also worked on Civilization and now they're making a Star Wars game. And they showed this off at Star Wars celebration. Lucy James actually moderated the panel. Great job, good job, Lucy. I hope you enjoyed Japan. And yeah, I think this looks really promising. Yeah, someone look forward to it.
Speaker 1: Someone should like grub and I host a Star Wars thing. Yeah, you know real, this man loves and Or I love the Mandalorious.
Speaker 2: So I'm so excited tonight. And or Oh my god, tonight, tonight, tonight's the night I think. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it'll be, but it'll be when we're starting our podcast, Mike, so.
Speaker 1: I'll be in a bad mood.
Speaker 4: Don't worry, buddy. They put those on the internet now you can watch whenever you want. No, I don't think that's how it works. Miss gritty Star Wars fans are.
Speaker 2: Eating good though. Between these two things. Yeah, I do wonder like the gritty Star Wars or gritty Clone Wars is actually how they're describing it. You could kind of see that in the key art where they're not none of the characters. There's a lot of variety of care. There's a Mandalorian, there's someone with the light saber, there is a Han solo stand in. Uh, none of it's too silly, like the sort of like Fortnite side of Star Wars. We get a lot of right now, which I have no problem with, but I do occasionally appreciate it when someone say, hey, we're gonna take this seriously. This is you know, military sci fi is the genre that's that Star Wars is in For me a lot of times when I'm thinking about it, and so kind of like, yeah, it can be a little bit closer to you know, a Gundam than something else. I'm like, yeah, I welcome that. I'm happy to see it.
Speaker 3: Which is funny that you say that, because the newest Gundam is just the most bright and colorful thing you've ever find see.
Speaker 2: Gundam also can do everything as well, and they're very they're actually very similar in terms of how they approach military sci fi. Yeah, you weren't, king.
Speaker 3: I looked at the gameplay here. That's at the end of the trailer. It's just x Colm just.
Speaker 2: Straight up the waste high Like every level you go in there and there's a ton of waist high cover, right, I get, Okay, that's cool.
Speaker 1: I yeah, I kind of wish Midnight Sun's just stuck to the x Com model and then maybe you would have just, I don't know, succeeded better because you.
Speaker 2: Know, people love playing that game, but the cards scared away a bunch of the audience that just hates anything that has cards in it. And it really was that simple.
Speaker 4: It's even though I have, like I don't really have any love for the prequel films, there is something still about the aesthetics of it. I see these Super Battle Droids and I'm like, I kind of like the way those things look. I see a Clone Trooper, I'm like, yeah, that's kind of neat armor.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think I can for this.
Speaker 1: Grub Uh, what a real one. What is the likelihood that we're gonna get a controllable Gungan in this with those blue balls? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I would Yeah, I love a Gungan's blue balls. Yes, so absolutely, the power arms come on everybody. Yeah, I think that, like that's something that they like definitely introduced like later in the game or even maybe even as DLC.
Speaker 1: They kind of a Gungan camp pain.
Speaker 4: Right, if it's the Clone Wars adding like Darth jar Jar to Fortnite.
Speaker 2: So they are adding Darth jar Jar. Well, Fortnite's getting it's a full Star Wars like season, something that's never really actually had before. It's at Star Wars stuff, but it's now it's having a full Star Wars season and they are including Darth jar Jar in.
Speaker 1: Right, that's Darth jar Jar.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's messed up.
Speaker 4: Anyway, wish h K forty seven could just be in this game. I don't know why, something like.
Speaker 1: The character I mean, Grub correct me if I'm wrong, But there's a pretty big modding scene for x COM, right, I think so.
Speaker 2: I think there's definitely a modding scene for it. And and really there's like this kind of thing where if there's a modding scene, probably one of the first things that happened was a total Star Wars conversion modure. So I bet there's a lot of people who will be like, I'm gonna jump on this and add all the stuff I want to see.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, because I need from the jump. I need someone to suggest character glasses for the Bomb cast or the Giant Bomb Crew, and I just want to play as us Grub. I'm gonna assume you want to be a bounty hunter. You want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually a scoundrel? Sure, yeah, absolutely all right. Be a Wookie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wasn't gonna say I was. I was gonna say Sean should be the Wookie since he's super tall.
Speaker 2: Well, there you go, he loves you. The rest of you are wookies. There you go. Yeah, grubs the way, three wookies and a Grub.
Speaker 1: I was going to make you a droid.
Speaker 2: I would I would like that.
Speaker 1: Actually, sorry, I have to be a Mandalorian. Gandalorian just rolls off the time.
Speaker 3: What if you make like me C three po and Mike R two d Oh, that's so good.
Speaker 2: Makes a lot of sense. Can we just get that art and do it in the Star Wars holiday cartoon style? Sure? Holiday special style of.
Speaker 4: The style of that weird Saturday Morning droid cartoon show.
Speaker 2: The Droid cartoon show. Yes, that'd be great too. There oh man, Darth Georgear has now overtaken chat and with that, I must hand this show back over to Jan. He's that does it for the news headlines?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, I feel like annak in an episode three. I just want to wipe out all of these emotes, not making the children uh grubna sean. What if we uh, We're gonna go to emails in just a second right after this quick breaking break. But like, I've been in the mood to do some film in forties. What if we just did the prequel trilogy?
Speaker 2: I said that. Now, Mike's right, we have to do Angels and Demons. It's about electing a new pope.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, okay.
Speaker 2: Look at will not be impeded. You promised me it's going to happen come on, it's topical. This is the viral content that certain people cray apparently.
Speaker 1: H folks, Hey, you know what, Yeah, the pope died and there's this. There's like a a small contingent of people that think the next pope could be Filipino. Oho, you know, could be a win for my people.
Speaker 2: Get an Italian pope representation.
Speaker 1: Damn it, I'm sorry, Like the Italians got to take a seat for this one. You can sit next to Stanley Tucci. All right, folks, we're gonna be back with some emails right after this. Quick emails BombCast a Giant Bomb.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have an email. This is from Jeff Grubb at Giant Bomb. Do you guys really think it's a problem for Exhibition thirty three that Oblivion's coming out? Because I don't. I mean, I'll say that with big RPG I do generally like to play through one before I start another one. Now when it's so close like this, Jeff, like, I don't know, maybe I'll start both of them and then see which one I really want to play through A problem. I don't know, but these are big one games. But maybe this is a me thing.
Speaker 4: But for me, the Oblivion style RPG and the clear Obscar sty rpg. Those are those genres are so different to me, sir, it may as well be like a first person shooter and yeah, hockey.
Speaker 2: If someone says to me, hey, I like Persona, I am not going to assume they like Oblivion style RPGs as well. They might, but I'm not going to assume because they're so different.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's a problem in the sense of them being like similar games, like because they are very different RPGs. I think in terms of the marketing cycle, though, Oblivion is like sucking all the oxygen out of the room, to the point that people who might not notice this smaller game coming.
Speaker 2: Out, see how the reviews treated.
Speaker 1: Wait, yeah, the demo, So.
Speaker 4: Maybe it'll get really good reviews and then some people play it and not like it to get really mad about the reviews.
Speaker 3: Well, it's just you know what I'm saying, Like, it's not the it's not the really big Bethesda game.
Speaker 2: That's all right. Now, it's a smaller joint.
Speaker 3: So like they could use all the like Xbox marketing that they would get a game pass and stuff, maybe some of that is gonna be dampened a little.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, speaking of someone in that camp that Grubs specifically mentioned. I have no fondness for oblivion. I don't have any nostalgia for it. I feel no drive to go play it. But this rpe wei man, slap my beret on and like, get a baget from my.
Speaker 4: I told you being racist is bad, but it's kind of funny to do it with the French.
Speaker 2: You're right, let me go. I'll send you the five francs.
Speaker 1: I told you, Lord, making croissants is so damn hard. I can't fucking do it and it's killing me. I'm sorry. Yeah. There was also like I think I posted I was making chocolate croissants the other day and then someone was like, oh, that's not a chocolate croissant, it's a panel, and I'm like, get the funk out of here.
Speaker 2: I can't stand these goddamn webs. Did you kill the web? No?
Speaker 1: I did not. I didn't. Wow.
Speaker 2: You like conviction, That's right.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm always telling myself when I look at myself in the mirror. You lack conviction, But you have plenty of emails. Bombcastigiant bomb dot com is email address BombCast giant bomb right in about any and everything webs That is a good joke.
Speaker 2: You kind of have to write it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twelve podcast points for you, Jeff oh Right. First email comes from Simon and Saskatchewan with some more trivia. Simon, thank you for being a SETI source of trivia these last couple of weeks. So you're kind of like a Snapple cap and I don't drink Snapple anymore, so I've been lacking in fun facts. How about bombcasts? When living overseas, I noticed a weird difference between our battery mascots mascots, which led me to look into it in Canada and the US. In apparently Turkey, we have the Energizer Bunny, but everywhere else does it. Instead they have a Dura cell pink bunny that dresses like a sprinter. Most places have an Energizer mascot called Mister Energizer that looks a creepy battery with arms and legs. The Durasel Buddy came first by fifteen years, but Energizer one. Due to an interesting trademark issue a dispute. The court case shows how marketing, defending, IP branding and trademark are so important. Much appreciation for all you do Simon from Saskatchewan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I let this dude don't have bunn Well, here's the thing, the Energizer bunny. I feel like a lot of our audience knows what that looks like. You know, he looks like a toy boic glasses on, so kind of cool. The cell bunny is just like a mascot bunny, you know, like, Yeah, he's.
Speaker 2: Not as good. Let's be honest. I don't like it all right now, describe mister energizer to me. I'm very curious about mister energy. Yeah, that's the that's the real key to all. It sounds like, uh the in the Simpsons joke about Oh yeah, mister energizer lives on them.
Speaker 4: He has an ass. He has a human ass, like like a bare ass baboon in shorts.
Speaker 1: He's just.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at he's a giant battery with human arms and legs, with shorts and shoes on.
Speaker 1: Okay, imagine they ripped off the arms and legs of the we fit people and slap them onto a battery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it's like that. This issy yoked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty too much definition there. I don't like this.
Speaker 2: Oh right.
Speaker 1: Next email comes from Joe in Michigan, but thus has a history of not fixing even game breaking bugs in successive successful ports of their games. Do you think we'll see meaningful changes to bugs and mechanics with a separate studio working on this or is it just the visual improvement? Johan Michigan.
Speaker 2: I think some bugs will be fixed, there will be some new bugs. I think that's my expectation.
Speaker 4: I mean, if it really is like such a quote unquote remaster that we are largely replacing assets, you think that it wouldn't be as buggy as a normal but that's the game. But you know they're not just replacing assets. They are changing a lot, and.
Speaker 2: It's also an entirely new engine they moved the game to.
Speaker 4: Uh like it might not be Starfield launch levels of Jake, but I bet there will be some Jake and for some people don't like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if they've talked about officially now that's out out, But is it what we thought where it's the original engine underneath and then Yui five just doing visuals on top.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they they definitely didn't say in or they didn't explicitly say in the thing that we talked over, and then I don't know if that pr is out there, and you know, and that rumor has gone back and forth now a couple of times where someone say it was the original engine with Unreal Engine five on top, and anyone said, no, they're remaking everything an Unreal Engine five. So I don't know, but them calling it a remaster to me does suggest that the underlying technology is still Creation Engine or Gamebryo on one or the other. I can never remember which one was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got a lot of fun emails. In a lot of them, very nice emails, So thank you all for sending very kind words. I try and relay them to the gang. Special shouts out to you. I just put into our own discord. Here are the specific email that is very visual and I just want to get a pop fro. We'll not read that one out loud, but thank you for that discord.
Speaker 2: That's good, that's good.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: Don't we have to describe it for people. I'm popping off pretty hard here, all right, Jeff Grub, why don't you do it?
Speaker 1: You know, I'll do it. I'll do it. I'll do okay, all right, A kind emailer I believe, Ryan wrote in uh no, subject email just reads the back of our family reunion is held every year in the and then they send a picture of what I believe may be a break room that is just called coworker room. Sorry for Stace and and Dibb catching straight there.
Speaker 2: Man, The whole family, the.
Speaker 1: Whole whole damn family, all right. Next email comes from comes from Matt from murphrees Bro, Tennessee. Hey, guys, Blueprints is a really cool game, respect the hell of it, but the remnant randomness of the rooms soured a little on. The experience portal is amazing. The witness is easily a top five game of all time. What are some other games that have all the first person mystery of Blueprints? Clues and puzzles and all that. If Blueprints was just a weird mansion with all these mysteries to solve, it just might be a perfect game to me. Thanks Matt for Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Oprah Dan Right, Yeah, there's a lot of think I'm ups for sure. Yeah, Miss I'm gonna try. Miss I'm gonna try the mysterymake? Is it like they remade it so you can walk around and it's not like a slideshow anymore, is how it works anymore? Part of me is like I might want the slide show. Yeah, I'm totally outer Wilds is a good one for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm glad this was brought up on an episode that I'm on. I actually want to ask you guys about this. So is that sort of like the conversation point now that we're a little removed, is that people don't like the randomness of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some people don't for sure. And you know then like there's people like Jeff and I here like you people are weak, right, and we find them like, you know, pathetic. There has been tension a.
Speaker 2: Little bit Blue Brits yep, okay, but it's different for you, shuk Sean. You're like, you don't like these puzzle games in general. It's not your speed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't even know how to classify them, but yeah, I like physics puzzles, you know, like a portal like right, or you know, like breathel a while or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something about this like first person puzzles.
Speaker 1: It's real.
Speaker 3: It's escape from escape, which is how I was trying to describe it initially.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's fair.
Speaker 3: I don't know about the random element though, because I was thinking about this. Uh, Like, I'm a competitive TCG player. I don't get mad at Pokemon because there's a random element, because it's a card game. Like that's like I feel like you kind of have to meet the game on its own terms a little bit there, and that if the developers set out to do something, I think it's fair critique it, but I'm not sure like some of the way people have been talking about is the most fair in the world, where it's just like, oh, this sucks because of it, Well, that's what it does want to mix.
Speaker 2: So I yeah, no, I just don't think it can be the game it is without it exactly. Definitely, definitely, that's one hundred percentury.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that you're right shown to a certain degree where it's like we can criticize it if it's not your thing, but I definitely think that it is part of the charm and part of the magic of the game, and I think for me it like makes these two things fit together even better. Where uh, I think I pointed out, like, oh, the story elements of Hades helped introduce a lot of people who didn't like rogue lights to the idea of a rogue light, and that got them through there. Here it's I think the RNG rogue light random stuff that's happening here kind of is a good gateway into the puzzle elements because it gives you a chance to be like, well, if I didn't get exactly what I wanted this time, that's not my fault, So what can I make out of this run? And it might lead you to discoveries you wouldn't otherwise have. I think it's a good like channeling mechanism forgetting you to what is really magical about the game, which is all this other stuff that's happening at the same thing. Same time, I think it's pretty fun to get good at the rang and stuff.
Speaker 3: Feel like it's part of what makes the game unique, you know, And I totally give people don't like it, and that's where you get into, you know, some of the more subjective elements of game criticism is like, well, is this thing that I don't like bad? Or is it just you know, not a thing that I'm into. I feel like enough people like the rogue like element of it that yeah, maybe it's just nothing for you. Rather than it's just like empirically a bad portion.
Speaker 2: Of the game, you know. Yeah, it's it's always tough to make that call for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I I've put it more, more and more time into Blueprints, and I didn't want to put it on the run of show today.
Speaker 2: I steel really when I'm primarily playing.
Speaker 1: But there was a moment where I was just sitting here at my desk, just jaw on the floor of just like and getting very close to weeping of like, oh my god, I think I love this game because I started thinking about it more and oh my god, maybe I want to be a prince. But the blue Prints, not the Red Prince. Not the Red Prince, not the Red Prince, just the blue one. Hey, Like, yo, I am a sucker or any kind of fortune teller in movies or games.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, fucking head straight to that goddamn rumpist room and have you get the roughest room and talk to you talk to Alzara that has coins in the room.
Speaker 2: Just put one of those in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, god, I yeah, I actually don't like the movie Big that much even now.
Speaker 2: It's a weird movie.
Speaker 1: It's very weird. Oh right, Uh okay email This comes fresh into the BombCast. Email address Nikki in Los Angeles. What should I have for lunch? Uh?
Speaker 2: Signing that too. I've been eating today, Nicky, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna say you should get like an Italian forward sandwich.
Speaker 2: Mediterranean food of some kind, you know, So if you want, if you have to go with Italian food, go with it, but go a little bit more Middle Eastern, maybe some Turkish swarma. That's what I'm leaning to it that I haven't had a long time. But McDonald's, Oh, I want to go. The kids see I don't. I don't have that excuse.
Speaker 4: Like for some reason, I feel more guilty about McDonald's than other fast food and I don't try it off too much fast food parties, like you know, maybe for my next special fast food thing, like I should just go to McDonald's and got some fries.
Speaker 3: What if you got Nicky's favorite in staying you got a whopper?
Speaker 4: I think I talked about it here, But I have a burger King very close to me, and its state of disrepair is a.
Speaker 2: Is the most disgusting, rotting excuse of a restaurant. It's I know, I said that the blueprints are a gcon players were pathetic. I excuse me. The state of burger King right now is pathetic. Look, we have all these fast food restaurants. They can't all be around forever, and burgers are out in Chicken is in. Anyways, something's gotta go.
Speaker 4: It had better be burger king, right like, give give Wendy's a past, McDonald's of course, the fun weird ones like Hardy's whatever and Rally's they can stick around. Get burger King out of here.
Speaker 2: It's done. The Rodeo burger was like thirty years ago. Move on, that's no Kings only McDonald's. I still like burger King, like the the Yes, the Robert Junior is actually I think.
Speaker 4: The You just have an associated warm fuzzies with sneak King.
Speaker 2: Well that too for sure, and I and I worked there. I don't know that doesn't atually make me feel warm and fuzzy that you work for.
Speaker 1: It's actually pretty impressive. You still like burger king is very true. Yes, I feel very similar to you, Mike. I don't really have a fondness for burger king, but god damn, could I go for a long chicken sandwich? Right? May?
Speaker 4: I never actually had the launch chicken sandwich. Maybe that's my problem.
Speaker 3: That's what it changed. It is astonishing how it's always the Burger Kinge that is like the shittiest restaurant in your It was on this.
Speaker 2: Clean it a little bit like I get it like you because oh fuck, all right, it's actually a podcastre actually is a chain here called Burgatory. It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: God that threw me for a loop. I don't know what to say anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, email Burger king We let Hardies die.
Speaker 1: I guess we can.
Speaker 2: Let is fine, but we got a new Hearty. It's not It's not fine. I wouldn't say. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I went to the Hardys, our new Hearties that's attached to the Love's gas station.
Speaker 2: I had agree, Okay, that's yeah, exactly. The Hardys might still exist if it's attached to a gas like long Time Silvers, right or you Love gas station. I'm just saying the Heartys is not fine because it's like the little guy on the side of the Dude and what's that Arnold Schwarzenegger movie. It goes to a total recall, the little total recall Quantico guy on the side of Love's Gas station I Love Loves. It's a problem.
Speaker 4: I I'm started to like try on my way to get gas at the Loves, since that's why I.
Speaker 2: Do a sheets's axit away. But I don't even really get anything else there. I don't get any food. I just like to go with that store. And it's really like clean and pleasant, and every once in a while the loudspeaker tells a trucker where they can go shower, just like there's something I like hearing someone's showers ready, just being outside pumping my gas. And it's like a robot voice too. I'm like, oh my god, they have robots telling them the showers are ready, just like we all Willson.
Speaker 1: That's right, once we all get to the camps or the farms, I should say, all right, question from Travis and Fargo. Anybody watching indoor tonight? I can't wait.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I watch Nicky and Chat said they they a white people don't have culture.
Speaker 1: Okay, Actually I thought about this this morning. Y'all really cooked when you came up with the phrase big woop, oh thank you. Yeah, I'm like, wow, big whoop, and then like I just think of y'all and then I put my sunglasses behind my head and then turned my cap around. So thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's here's why I want reach, just because when and Or season one happened, it seemed pretty low key and it felt like, oh, they weren't maybe super happy with the viewership blah blah blah. Since then, they asked the Star Wars shows that had really bad viewership, and I think a lot of people have caught up with season one and Or and like it a loft. I feel like season two is gonna maybe pop off a lot more.
Speaker 1: I hope.
Speaker 2: So the thing that they really liked to happen with Andor is it's viewership growed week to week, so like the finale, like did better than the second episode, which is kind of what you want. So I think as long as this one also continues to grow, But there's definitely a chance because it's the one that people still talk about. It's getting really good reviews too. It's like a ninety eight percent on Rotten Tomatoes. So boy, I'm exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Hey, after this podcast ends, y'all listening watching live, go watch fucking Sinners.
Speaker 2: Jeez, I cannot wait. I wanted to go see it over the weekend, but I couldn't get to the theater. I it seems good.
Speaker 1: I forgot what forty X meant at my local regal cinema.
Speaker 2: Are you okay? Did you hurt your back?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, I politely ask, can I exchange my tickets for a regular movie theater? Because since this movie takes place in the nineteen thirties and they have like an old like Jelopi style car, it would just rumble all the time while Michael B. Jordan was driving with Michael B.
Speaker 2: Jordan, it's the movie about killing the KKK? Is there any of that in there?
Speaker 1: I don't want to spoil anything, but it's okay. It's a good cathartic time, all right. That's all I needed to hear. Oh yeah, yeah, I need one of those.
Speaker 2: Alright.
Speaker 1: Last email from the show is a big one. This one comes from Ogto shouts out to ogto, hey gang you boy ogto here ideally grubbed Dan and Mitch would be there for this email. Sorry, Dan's in Japan hanging out and getting his face scanned. I compiled a dumb list of Blake club games and movies based on video games in order to answer the ultimate dumb question, would you rather play a bad video game or watch a bad video game movie. General rules to give the comparison any kind of juice. Number one, you either marathon the game in a normal Blake club setting with the other two chuckleheads, or you watch the movie an equivalent number of times it would take you to beat the game, oh, causing Blake club playtime. If you pick the movie, you're raw dogging it. No phone, no company, no distractions, just you and the movie for X number of times. Ranked the games slash movies using metric, Metacritic, or whatever was available, sometimes nothing for the player of each game has to watch the equivalent equivalently ranked bad movie for X number of times without further ado. Here are your options. Jan can use the sheet. If you can use the sheet, that's fine. Mike, Yes, would you rather play Mortal Kombat Mythologies or watch Dead or Alive? Da Dead or Alive the two thousand and six movie eleven times?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 4: Look, I can beat Mythologies in like fifty minutes now, well probably not right now, but yeah, I think at this point I figured that game out. I will say I like the way that Dead or Alive movie sucks, and it sucks pretty bad.
Speaker 2: It is definitely so bad.
Speaker 4: It's kind of fun to watch territory, which a lot of bad video game movies are. I used to watch a ton of them with my friends, and we watched all that Ui Bowl crap and Dead or Alive it was. It's the only bad fighting game movie that actually incorporated health bars into the scene at one point. Somehow I thought that was really funny. But yeah, I'll take mythologies grub.
Speaker 1: Would you rather play Dai Katana or watch Borderlands twenty twenty four fifteen times?
Speaker 2: What the fuck? Mike's was so much better? I would love I would let me play Mythologies and watch do A fifteen times. That's easy, Hang.
Speaker 3: On, hang yeah, I got lost here. Somewhere in the shuffle. Is the idea that they need to watch the movie the equivalent.
Speaker 2: Length of the play through of the game.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, And they can't just pick the movie because like, well that's short.
Speaker 3: At least, and the movie and the game have was a similar rating.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's why we're okay, uh okay. So it's Dakatana or the Borderlands movie.
Speaker 1: God a friend of Janina's in it, you know, man, that's true.
Speaker 2: I did see Borderlands the movie in theaters, and it was one of the most aggressively bad things I've ever seen that it and that does make it made it like worth it for that one watch. But I don't know if I would call it a fun bad movie. In fact, it's just painful. I think I have to go with Dai Katana. Actually, okay, yeah, man, can.
Speaker 1: I can I stall the patch for Dikatana? Actually?
Speaker 4: No alto saying that I have to play mythologist for as long as my original play through, I think I'll still take mythologies over the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll take da Katana.
Speaker 1: I love emails like this. By the way, uh grub, would you rather play Bubbs three D or watch Postal two thousand and seven six times?
Speaker 4: Postal does have a lot of nine to eleven jokes and a lot of a lot of them child uh shooting jokes too, So I know much you love those?
Speaker 2: Yeah right, O cool, that's a tough one. Then, yeah, I think I would. Uh yeah, Bubbz three D get me Bubbs three D. I don't need that much still in my veins.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna skip over Dan's Maybe we'll say uh well to Sean Okay, Sean, I'm gonna be shocked if Dancer isn't the game, Jan, but yeah hit me. Would you rather play Sonic O six or watch Wing Commander nineteen ninety nine fourteen times?
Speaker 2: I don't know there's any movie I want to know is the game? Yes? Even Sonic O six because.
Speaker 1: I just do it once? All right? Uh, Mike?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Would you rather play Alone in the Dark or watch Blood Rain two thousand and five six times?
Speaker 2: I'll take Blood Rain? God he hates the week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'll take Blood Rain on this one. Actually, God, I hate it alone the Dark?
Speaker 1: All right? Turbo Dan Sewan? Would you rather play Terminator three, Rise of the Machine or watch street Fighter the Street Fighter Colon the movie of Wait sorry? Or watch street Fighter Colon the Legend of Chun movie Different story three times?
Speaker 3: Terminator was like, seems like a decent game. Actually, Dan got a got off easy on that one. So Terminator all the way.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Bloodge of Chun Lee is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: It's terrible, it's rough, it's so bad.
Speaker 1: We should we should have Blake Club Goes to the movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, all right.
Speaker 1: A couple more here, grub. Would you rather play Blues Brothers two thousand or watch Silent Hill Revelation twelve? Four times?
Speaker 2: Is not too bad? The movie blink and you'll miss it? Yeah, man, that's terrible. Yeah, I think I'll go with Silent Hill four times because that mostly is I don't know how bad that movie is. I'm not familiar with it, so this is probably me walking into a buzz song. Your Blinding Round game was four movies long. You got four long?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, all right, Mike. Would you rather play RoboCop or watch Far Cry five times? Oh?
Speaker 2: Another uie bowl?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 4: I remember almost nothing about that movie except the Clinton Howard was.
Speaker 2: In a bullet at one point.
Speaker 4: I think, uh oh oh again. There's something about those You of Bull movies that it is so bad I can't stop thinking about them. But if it was his House of the Dead movie, I would like rather watch that twenty times than play a good video game.
Speaker 2: I love that stupid thing. I think I'll go with Far Cry.
Speaker 1: Actually, you don't know anyone in this movie?
Speaker 4: Oh good, Sorry, I remember the the main the main character, the main hero. Let's such a like, very lovely, normal looking dude who did.
Speaker 2: Not seem like in the fuck Star or a Hero. Yeah, I think so. He's the guy from SLC Punks, right, the German guy or am I thinking of.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what he was definitely European terrible Schweiger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's an inglorious bastards. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah he is.
Speaker 2: He is good for him, good for him? Yeah. Yeah. Seems like a strange choice for maybe the lead of your like, yeah, I think he's just friends with you Bolt right in German? Of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes sense, Mike. Another one for you, yo, Mike, would you rather play Mortal Kombat Special Forces or watch In the Name of the King a dungeon siege tale? Three times?
Speaker 2: Three times?
Speaker 4: That movie is pretty rough. That's funny because they gave you a bowl a budget.
Speaker 2: This stupid Oh my god. The Special Forces was so boring. Yeah, but special Horse, it says, have Ben Kingsley.
Speaker 4: I thank Kingsley or John Rehys Davies or the Beekeeper or Burt Reynolds as the King.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely, In the Name of the King.
Speaker 1: Story all right, Turbo Dan Drake, the ninety nine Dragons and Superman sixty four and both Well, I'm just combining the questions, Let's just do Drake ninety nine Dragons first, okay, or watch House of the Dead four times?
Speaker 3: Oh, I would go House to the Dead. Yes, that's correct, that movie. As I've only what I've never seen the whole thing. I've seen snippets that people post. That movie seems like it might be so bad.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, it's like it goes the room, right, which is the iconic. Then House of the Dead for me, like, oh, it's so bad and stupid.
Speaker 2: He's answered, all right.
Speaker 1: Grub, would you rather play Batman Dark Tomorrow? Or watch Tecan five times?
Speaker 2: That Tecan movie? Man, I'll go with Batman Dark Tomorrow. That one's not too bad in terms of being of length. There's it's bad in a lot of ways, but I bet I could figure it out more quickly this time.
Speaker 1: Oh god, this movie. Look at that?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: All right? All right? Two more? You know what I'm gonna save that. We're gonna do a little switch through here. We can all answer for Lucy here, so Lucy's gonna be subjected to what we choose. I don't thay for Lucy or the entire room if she's absent. Would you rather play Skull Island, Rise of Kong or watch Noobs twenty twelve? Five times?
Speaker 2: I'm not watching Noubs another second. No, No, I'm no been there. Everybody shut up and let the expert answer. Please, I've been there and and I wasn't five times. It was one whole time by myself in a room where I couldn't do anything else or talk to anybody else, which I think was one of the stipulations of this and that is a war crime. And we're not doing that to Lucy James, Sorry, spare, thank yeah, sorry that happened to you. If if the social team could just flash Nubes in like a Sapia tone behind me while I'm doing this.
Speaker 4: I want you to know that at the time, it may it seemed like I was laughing and pointing at you, but I was actually really distressed and said it was.
Speaker 2: It was the highs of winning Mario Party and then immediately getting that thing to set me in there for the entire of Nubes because I won Mario Party, all.
Speaker 1: Right, and then Ogto shouts out to Ogto for doing the work in this uh. They also attached a spreadsheet here with some review blurbs. Maybe we'll share that later and we can all answer for Dan.
Speaker 2: What was the Superman one? Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, this is the last one? Oh and well we can put Dan into this situation here. Okay, Dan, would you rather play and we'll all answer on behalf of Dan?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Superman sixty four or watch Mortal Kombat Annihilation ten times?
Speaker 2: Ten times? Annihilation is pretty bad. It is also kind of so.
Speaker 1: Bad as I feel like that's but ten times.
Speaker 2: It's a lot. Can you imagine even that first time that movie ends, it's like time to watch it nine more times? I feeling alone? Kill me? Actually, what's what's the game? I'm sorry, that's just one of the worst. It's one of the worst ones. But God, let's send him into the movie ten times she deserves. We'll send Dandler movies. You hear that, Dan, You have to watch Mortal Combat Annihilation ten times?
Speaker 1: Now. It's binding. The flight home is probably about that log. Throw out everything every other game console you brought with you. You're loading up Mortal Kombat Annihilation. Get your pal cold you might to watch it with you. He loves movies. Uh Ocuto finishes things. Thanks all, love the site. Stay strong in the face of all the bullshit going on. You all, we all deserve better. Your boy and Colombo fisionado ogto all systems of Goku forever. You know what? Yeah, all right, gang? That about does it for emails this week. BombCast a giant bomb dot com is the email addressed to send all of your fine and lovely emails to hey right right into the BombCast. I appreciate any and everything. And you know, while you're at it, go to wherever you're listening to this, put up a review, give us a thumbs up, Tell a friend about the Giant Bomb Cast, tell your bomb about it. Tell them that your best friends on the internet have a podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm gonna go read the recent reviews. If you put up a new review, if you have a good one, I'll read it on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Yes, we'll read your reviews. At the very end of the podcast. You'll be the new email segment. Lots and lots of stuff popping off on the Power Block to day. As I mentioned, the GameSpot crew is playing Oblivion Remaster tomorrow, game tomorrow until Friday. Game breaking news popping off Wednesday, Thursday Friday.
Speaker 2: Right grub that's right comes back into it. Sorry, are we doing a Delight club or something tomorrow? No, because there's a bunch of new games popping off, So we filled up the schedule with kind of can't even remember.
Speaker 1: But Marathon.
Speaker 2: Well, Claire comes out tomorrow. Marathon and Claire Obscure Expedition thirty three kind of happened back to back, so that'll be most of the day after game breaking News tomorrow and you know, Dance out of Town so that we were gonna Display club anyhow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the Game Spot show popping off this week, as well as a voicemail dump truck and then.
Speaker 2: Also wait real quick, Wednesday night, I will I will probably get a stream going up on Giant Bomb where I'm just hanging out trying to pre order us a switch to you all are doing the same thing.
Speaker 3: Feel Fred to hang out with me midnight Easter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she'll probably start a round yep, all right, I may be.
Speaker 1: Your eating No, I know it would be the evening, but I was. Yeah. Anyway, Uh, Game Spot after dark on Friday, and then U p F to end your week. We're going to be checking out a bunch of games, but the first hour will probably be Overwatch too. Turns out that game is good again, did it?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: And then I believe we're playing on checking out some other games as well. Maybe we can show off one hundred defense Line Academy. The game is called combat at least not a stream game cham.
Speaker 2: Least Yeah, just a quick upf checking.
Speaker 1: We can show off a battle, you know, show off some other games as well. Should be a nikky stream that game.
Speaker 4: Stream it just from the beginning of all of the cut scenes, and wonder when it becomes.
Speaker 2: Okay, sewer Shark. What when does it become seer Shark. That's the last thing I disagree desolutely. I don't know if I've ever disagreed with you more in my life.
Speaker 1: Gosh, all right, folks, That about does it for the podcast. Did I forget anything else? Popping off this?
Speaker 4: I have a new professional email, Mike at GamesBeat dot com if you ever want to pitch me on something. My venture Beat email became a mess. It was hard to see things there. This is her best chance to pitch me on something.
Speaker 2: You're putting on the BombCast is the best way to ensure this one also becomes It's so many dumb emails, dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I also need people to know because there.
Speaker 1: Alright, Gang, that about does it for the podcast. I'm gonna hit this, but no, what's two dogs tonight?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm gonna pop on kind of funny next week to talk about blueprints. Do a spoiler cast I forgot Oh cool, that's all. They're right there. You know we'll go go brag that the GV crew destroying them and Monaco too. That's right. We'll see next week for another episode of the Giant Bobcast. He's been shot, he's been Mike, he's been grabbed than Jet and you at home have been lovely. We'll see you, love you good.
Speaker 4: Challenge having blue sprints challenges blue sprints, we should we should do that.
Speaker 2: We should one hundred percent do that.
Speaker 1: All right, We'll see you next week, Gang, Love you wo