Speaker 1: This weekend, time will fall back. Our clock will not change.
Speaker 2: Use updates will still be delivered at the top of the hour in thirty minutes past.
Speaker 1: On fifty five KRZ.
Speaker 2: Just shy Beto six here fifty five ker CD talk station. Brian Thomas having a great Friday talking to candidates. We're gonna talk to one more candidate. Last opportunity for the election that week next week, Jonathan Pearson. He also is running for Ham And County Commissioner. But in the meantime, everybody listens to the morning show regularly knows that I try to do whatever I can for the American veterans since I didn't have the spine to sign up for the American military myself, and I appreciate the service everyone does has for our country. It just means the world to me to be able to spread the news about veterans, causes, veterans events, helping veterans dealing with issues mental health and otherwise, but also celebrating, of course, the American veteran and somebody knows more about that than probably me. In studio, Matt Tamaris, who is responsible for the vets and brus which an opportunity for us to chip in a little bit of money buy a beer for an American veteran and also donate. Which is so cool that you've partnered with Patriots Landing. Patriots Landing and Matt, it's great to have you back in studio.
Speaker 1: Brother. Thanks.
Speaker 2: You raised so far about sixteen thousand dollars for Patriots Landing and you have bought or we have collectively through our donations, two five hundred and thirteen beers. So what you do is you donate ten bucks to vets and Bruce seven dollars buys the beer, which is about the going rate for your average craft beer these days.
Speaker 1: Sure, three dollars goes to Patriots Landing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think we're at about we're over three thousand beers at this point.
Speaker 4: I haven't updated in a gun on it.
Speaker 2: Well, you got three ten since I gave you a donation this morning. Satterns ten veterans out there are going to get some love. And I loved it again. Patriots Landing is an outstanding organization. I can just do that real quick. Patriots Landing dot org. These are so awesome. They have a wood shop and they make these handmade, handcrafted by veteran items you know the Patriot flag, you got the the nine which is an American flag that's got nine millimeter spent casings in lieu of the stars, the wonderful cross they have which is neat but all kinds. And it's all started with them making the flag boxes, which are the exclusive flag boxes used at Arlington National Cemetery. And right on the back you'll see the name of the veteran who crafted the box. So all of these things are available at Patriots Landing dot org. But more fundamentally, it's an organization that brings veterans together. It's like a shared space, almost like a you know, a club or fraternity for veterans to share their experiences and maybe get through troubled times all while working on these projects. People go and visit it, and I encourage everybody go to Patriots Landing dot organ then schedule a visit to go see what they're doing. They love when folks swing by and you'll be inspired. And I know you're inspired. You That's why U t up with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I went to the original shop back in the day when I first met him. I mean, the new the new facility is amazing down there.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you helped build it.
Speaker 2: I guess well, you know it's from the from the from the files of every little bit counts. That's what vets and bruises all about. Yeah, so anyway, you got I went last year on the bus tour honor bus. You were not there. I wasn't You did not show what you were out of town. I think you were going. You went to a concert, didn't you.
Speaker 3: It was a family, family vacation. We went to a concert. I'm surprised you survived that one. Anyway, we don't need to go to details about the concert, but uh, I'll tell you it was.
Speaker 1: A hell of a good time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my son and I went and we just it was great.
Speaker 2: You got on the bus, you go from brewery to brewery, and there's all kinds of fun and games that go along with this. I'm not going to reveal anything you told me about this year's event, but let's talk about the details on that.
Speaker 1: How many people can go? Do we?
Speaker 2: Is it still open to sign up for veterans? Can people just show up at any one of the stops along the way.
Speaker 1: How does it work?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: So the bus is already full, and you know, we have two school buses. I have to keep a couple of seats empty in case people need to stretch out. But I've I think we've were at like ninety or eighty eight or ninety people this year. It's nuts, man, And I thought, like, you know, grabbing a second bus was going to alleviate my standby list that everybody gets on there always like, hey man, I want to go put me on a standby list. My stand by list is five times longer than it was last year. So I'm trying to get as many people on as I can. But you know, it's full at this point except for a couple of seats that I say for maybe a few of your listeners. But if you want to come to the events, these are open to the public. So I'll be posting on vetsen Brus this week the Facebook page and the website what the schedule is going to be. If you're if you feel like you want to come down and see us and say hi and take part in the Veterans Day events that the brewers are hosting, come on through.
Speaker 4: It'll be a great time.
Speaker 2: It's throughout the year of the week so I mean, this isn't just a one time event per year. You're you're buying beers for veterans all year round. And also you're the flag boxes thanks to Patriots Landing operate as donation centers too. Yeah, they've turned them into like piggy banks. Yeah, donation boxes can throw money in any any bar that's assisting you. And there are quite a few bars out there that have the donation boxes in them, so throughout the year. So what do you to show up someplace and you find out someone's a veteran and you buy them a beer.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: I look for hats, you know, I'm getting pretty good at I'm about fifty to fifty, I guess. Sometimes I go up to folks and they're like, no, I'm not, and I just think, well, you look like a vet, you know what I mean. If they got a hat on or they got a tattoo that you know says it, then I know for sure. But yeah, I just wherever I go, man, I'm looking for you guys, and if I have a donation, I'm gonna buy a.
Speaker 2: Beer, absolutely right. Yeah, I get a big kick out of there. A lot of seniors are where their their hat, which ship they served on. You know, I love that because I know they are not gonna walk up and just even casually walk them by thank you for your service to our country. It puts a smile on their face and it makes me feel better to get a little bit of love.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But all right, so let's let's go through the schedule, shall we, Sure, because you're gonna post it on your again. Vets and bruis dot com is where you can also make a donation. You can buy a VET a beer. I'm looking at it right now. Click on the link buy a VET a beer. And again it's only it's a mere ten dollar donation, but feel free to go ahead and give them more. And also, where did you hear about his list there? You should put fifty five KC dot detalk station on that list, Matt. Okay, next time I pull it up, I'm gonna look for that. But what day of the week is it?
Speaker 3: This is next Saturday, so November ninth. That Satursday is on Monday. So we always take them out on Saturday so they have a little time to recover.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you get them home at a reasonable time too, unless just stay out afterwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no one's going to stop you from.
Speaker 2: Getting off the party bus and walk them back into the brewery and and and continueing the festivities.
Speaker 1: But it starts at listenerman.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Every years that's the main stop.
Speaker 3: They have the Operation Flintlock Release that's with the Marine Corps and you know, I think they're raising money for toys for tots on that one. But uh, they have the Marine Corps toast every year and you saw it last year.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: It's about thirty forty five minutes and they go through all these battles and I mean it's moving. It's a powerful says I. You know, I had never heard that before.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, sit listening. Oh my god, this is a thing, man.
Speaker 3: And you hear thirty forty five minutes, Like that's a long time to sit down and talk and do toast too. But man, I was I was glued to this like speaker the whole time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was fascinating. Yeah, and you're drinking beer anyway, so rather than talking to the bud sitting at the table, you're listening to this wonderful toast and yeah, you know, maybe hearing something for the first time. You hadn't heard that is for those folks that didn't serve in the Marines anyway. But so that's taking place at Listenman. Should we spend noon until one thirty, get on the bus and the bus then heads on over to Fretboard. In Fretboard Brewering and Blue Ash love their beers, and that starts at one forty five and you're there to three point fifteen. Chostracker just said he will probably join you at Fretboard.
Speaker 4: Oh nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I asked him if he wanted to see it on the bus this year. I hadn't heard from him, but I'm glad he's gonna come out. Man, I want him to see it. I think it's there's something in hearing about it and some you know, seeing it. It makes a big difference. Man, it's a cool thing.
Speaker 2: Well, and you got something going on at each brewery too, So for example, you mentioned the Marine Corps toast Listenerman Brewery when you get to Fretboard. In addition to drinking beers, which is always good, veterans drink for free.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, as long as I have donations, I'll run them out.
Speaker 2: And got a lot and I know, so at Fretboard you're doing the saluting our Vietnam heroes a tribute of honor. Before the show started, Matt, you had mentioned how much you were really hoping that you get a huge contingent of Vietnam veterans to show up, maybe make a pit stop over at this particular brewery or that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're around and you're a Vietnam vet or you know, a Vietnam vet, bring them through. My dad was a Vietnam VET, so we went to we went to veteran events all time, and he would always be like, man, that never happened. When we came home, you know what I mean, He's like, look at this, and he's like, it was not like this. You know, we were getting spat on or you know, call it all kinds of names. So I heard that my whole life, and when Fret Bog gave me the opportunity to create my own event, I was like, we gotta do something for them. So it's kind of honoring my dad, you know what I mean. We're gonna we're gonna bring these guys in. We got Craig McKee from Channel nine News. He's going to be the presenter. Awesome, We're gonna pack that room. Up, we're gonna really honor these folks and just show them some love, the love they they should have got.
Speaker 2: And of course everyone will be there primarily to see just Trecker. But yeah, right, of course, now you know that's what was a really moving thing about the most recent honor flight. And they had more and more Vietnam veterans on honor flights, but this most recent one was almost exclusively Vietnam veterans. Yeah, and from I heard a massive allergy outbreaks during that return home ceremony at CVG. Just given the veterans, they're the welcome home that they never got. Just like your dad, we love you, guys, and apologies on behalf of all Americans who were so shortsighted and callous and mean as to spit upon you because you served your country and followed your leader's orders, as stupid as they may have been. Anyway, March first, Brewing is the third stop, that one you're gonna You're gonna get over there by four pm?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'll be that.
Speaker 3: That's about the time we'll be rolling in, depending on traffic and stuff. But we're doing a all branch freedom toast down there and that's going to be hosted by a good friend of mine. He's been with Bets and Bruce since the very first event he came to. His name Sean Rohr. He works with the Easter Seals. He put together a toast similar to the Marine Corps host because everyone loves it so much. But he said, hey, man, I want to do one where we we toast to all the branches.
Speaker 2: So okay, now you already mentioned all the buses are full except for three three seats yep, and that the expense of the bus is coming from, you know, out of the proceeds. But you know, you get close to the point where you know, do I give money to Patriots Landing or do I reserve money for the third bus for next year so we can take the stress off of Matt Tamaris's household budget. There is right there at Vetsenbrus dot com a link to sponsor and honor bus and you can do that.
Speaker 1: It's really easy to do.
Speaker 2: Just throw a little money at it and we'll build up the coffers to have more honor busses for next year. But you can also be a sponsor. You got somebody did did someone sign up to be a sponsor again.
Speaker 3: Oh, we have tons coming in. Man, We've we've sold out the Level two sponsorship. Level one is it's one thousand dollars for sponsorship. We have three of those spots left, and then we have unlimited one hundred dollars sponsorships. So if you want to sponsor a vet, I mean they're getting they're getting the red carpet laid out for him. I mean we're we're gonna treat them really well and make sure that they have an experience that they're never gonna forget. So all the money we collect from this sponsorship drive is just to push in the honor bus and make sure it's something that they remember forever.
Speaker 2: So do the sponsorship money also go to buy beers or does it go to offset expenses?
Speaker 4: It goes to both.
Speaker 3: So so the one hundred bucks I gave you, I could be a sponsor, then you are a sponsor. I said, you're going on a shirt. Man, Oh, you're always on the shirt. Every time you give me money, you're listed as a sponsor.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's why he makes the trip in studio because he knows I'm a soft touch. And it comes about donating to veterans causes, and I just liked the idea that drinking beer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're so built, you know.
Speaker 2: I know there's a million heavy problems and issues and concerns, and oh my god, the world's falling apart all around us. And when event like this comes up from I get so excited because you know, first and all the veterans, and second.
Speaker 1: It's a great time. It is.
Speaker 2: Man, God, does anybody smile anymore? Does anybody celebrate and get together and just not complain and moan here I'm rory about FCC compliance here, Matt Well, I just get excited about this.
Speaker 3: On the ninth, we're gonna have two busloads ninety people. They're gonna be all teeth all day, I promise that all day.
Speaker 2: If any if last year was any indication about how much fun it is going to be, double that this year. And the more people show up at these breweries, the even better time it's gonna be. So you don't need to be on the bus. Show up between noon and one thirty Listterman Brewery between one forty five and three fifteen, Fretboard and Blue Ash between three thirty roughly and five point fifteen. That's March First Brewery, March First Brewing. That's Fountain Square.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's the old rock Bottom.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, right there, all right, so you're going around town, we do and.
Speaker 3: You saw it last year. We have a welcoming line, so when the Vets get off the bus, the pub comes out and they form a line. They wave flags this year and the veterans get to walk right through the line as they enter the brewery. So if you if you want to get there and be a part of that, it's special.
Speaker 2: Man, Matthew Maris, God bless you for what you're doing, man, bringing some fun and helping veterans. Vets and Bruce dot com help out show up. It's gonna be great. I am pretty certain I'm free. I'm gonna check my calendar to see if I can show up at one of the one of the breweries. But yeah, man, you can count on me if I got some free time my schedule, because I don't want to miss it. Heck, good luck, folks, help them out. Vets and Bruce dot com. Joe put all the information on the blog page at five carec dot com and he'll update the the Vets and Bruce dot com page to include the full schedule, and of course don't forget to click on the sponsorship or buy vet beer links right there. Eight twenty Right now, if you five k SE detalk stations, stick around bottom of the eye, we're gonna hear from Jonathan Pearson, who's also running for county commissioner. Good day to be on the show, last opportunity for folks to chime in on it, and we'll hear from Jonathan just a few minutes. Stay right here a fifty five KRCD talk station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc