Speaker 1: You're listening to the This Is How We See It podcast with your host Eric Lee. Thanks for tuning in and don't forget to subscribe. Now Here's Eric.
Speaker 2: Republican Senator Rick Scott this week suggested that Americans should not have any days off none. Rick Scott does not want you American worker to have weekends and says that you, you lazy secks of trash, should be working seven days a week. Here is the full quote from Republican Senator Rick Scott. Americans work five days a week. The minimum we ought to work is seven days a week. I'm a business guy. Business people have to work, work every day. We need to work every day to get stuff done, says the man who has been in politics for over a decade, now working roughly one hundred days a year. We working class Americans, blue collar stiffs. You don't deserve a day off, says the billionaire whose company committed the largest medicaid fraud in the history of the United States, and he kept himself out of prison by pleading the fifth more than seventy times during his deposition, which was done under oath. And this man, this good for nothing piece of trash, wants you working as he said, a minimum of seven days a week. Now, that's a weird way to put it, because there's only seven days in a week. So if seven days, if every single day is the minimum, then what's the maximum? Right, Like, you can't work more than all seven days of the week. But somehow Rick Scott, apparently based on you know, his semantics here wants you to figure out a way to work more than seven days a week. So I don't get it.
Speaker 3: So Rick Scott says that we should be working seven days a week. Now, when I did my research, because I was really kind of thinking to myself like this, this can't be real, Like seriously, no one, no one actually said that.
Speaker 4: Now, he did say that, but some of his.
Speaker 3: Supporters and people on his team, they said that he was talking about people in Congress and not about ordinary working class Americans. Now others say that he didn't make that distinction.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Either way, Rick Scott needs to go somewhere and sit down. And it's it's interesting to me, says you know, him saying this. While this guy said that he was a billionaire, but when I looked it up, it said that he was worth between two hundred and fifty million and five hundred million dollars. That's what the Internet said his net worth is. And I bet he wouldn't be saying that if he was a blue collar worker, if if he was someone who had to work, you know, for a living. And y'all know, I don't begrudge successful people their success. If you worked hard right and you became successful, I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
Speaker 4: I honestly do not.
Speaker 3: But isn't it interesting how some people when he made when they make it? And and you know, I don't know if Rick Scott grew up rich. You know, I don't know if he's you know, like a trust fun baby or anything. But isn't it interesting how some people when they make it, they forget the struggle, right like you didn't also used to have to scrape to get by, you know, now all of a sudden, if you're not rich or lazy like you know, it's just interesting to me. Well, you know, seven days a week, I please, I'd be waiting for the weekend.
Speaker 4: I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Like Friday Fridays around like three o'clock. My body knows that the weekend is coming. The weekend is coming, So that would be an awful thing if we had to work days a week. The New York Times is reporting that US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents recently have been told that the FBI will no longer investigate claims of assault against federal officers. Last Thursday, FBI managers supposedly received written notice of the change, and some ICE agents throughout the country were informed by their FBI counterparts. In incidents where ICE agents have been involved in fatal shootings, the FBI under the Trump administration has been tasked with determining whether the agents were assaulted before opening fire, but evidence revealed those investigations could later be used in civil rights investigations or prosecutions against ICE agents, which I don't know why it wouldn't. The new guidance would likely mean homeland security investigations and arm of ICE would investigate such assault claims by their own agents. Sources told the NYT that allowing DHS to handle those investigations could lead to less accountability for immigration agents, since DHS does not have the jurisdiction to investigate civil rights violations, The policy change could lessen the likelihood that ICE agents who shoot on armed people would be investigated for breaking federal law. Now, the Department of Justice and DHS have both denied that any change in oversight has taken place. So they flat out said, don't know where you got that from New York Times, but it is simply not true. There's been no change in anything. Both agencies put out a joint statement and said, the Justice Department and Department of Homeland Security our partners in addressing crime and upholding the rule of law while securing the safety and security of American communities. The relationship between DHS and dj in investigating assault on federal officer cases has not changed, and the FBI will continue to investigate in accordance with agency policies.
Speaker 4: Now. The purported change.
Speaker 3: In oversight comes just days after an ICE agent shot and killed a Columbian man and Lord.
Speaker 4: I hope I don't butcher. This man's name.
Speaker 3: Juan Sebastian or Brierio and Biddeford, Maine. He was at least the seventh person shot by ICE agents since January twenty twenty five, and the second person just this month, after an agent shot and killed Mexican immigrant Lorenzo Salgado Arajo in Houston on July seventh, Lord, I.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: You know, guys, I don't know. I you know, I kind of predicted this, and you know, I don't want to I don't want to toot my own horn, but bbat.
Speaker 4: I knew.
Speaker 3: I said from the beginning that American citizens were gonna get you know, caught up and caught up in it, and you know that it was just going to be you know, it wasn't going to go as plan and and and listen, I want to say this. I am not against ice because I believe that every country needs an immigration you know, some type of immigration enforcement. I just don't believe that people should just come all willy nilly, you know. And like I said on another show, if you're over here and you're committing crime, how are you gonna be over here illegally and committing crimes and causing mayhem? You know, I'm in the country illegally, and then I'm not. I'm not I'm not you know, be you know, upstanding. You know I'm out here committing crimes and stuff. Yes, get those people out of here. We need immigration. But what's happening is what people are having. How it's being done is what people are having the issue with most people, most people don't want to abolish ice. Most people don't, you know, most people feel that we need immigration, especially in this country, but how it's being done, you know, do you have to shoot unarmed people? We know of some Americans that have been killed during these immigration raids. I told you all about the story and I don't remember it was some months ago about the sixty eight year old lady that they body slammed because she was filming them.
Speaker 4: Does that have to take place?
Speaker 3: You've got to be a sick person to look at something like that and think, yes, like something has to really be wrong with you for you to look at something like that happening and think that's great. Something's not right with you. So that's my issue. I don't have an issue with ice, but I just I take issue with how, you know, people getting snatched off the streets and you know, being you know, like beat up on the streets, and then they they're targeting the wrong people. One of the guys, I believe, the Houston guy wasn't even the guy that they were after. But now he's dead. He wasn't even the target. Leaving from home going to work and got caught up in this this this mess.
Speaker 4: So me.
Speaker 3: I like most Americans. Hey, we don't need to abolish ice. We just need y'all to change how you're doing this. Here's another video. Take a listen.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna show you a video and then we're gonna we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Talk about it.
Speaker 6: Okay, limit to master the profession of arms. We demand your all and you give it. But while we invest heavily in our weapons, systems, platforms, and gear, our most decisive tactical advantage will always be the individual war fire. We have a sacred duty to maintain that advantage, which is why we must constantly look for new ways to optimize your performance, your resilience, and your long term health. And to meet that commitment, today, I'm authorizing a new screening program for testosterone deficiency for our service members, ensuring you have the right testosterone levels to operate at your absolute best. Because it's well established science that as we age, testosterone levels often naturally drop. Under the supervision of our world class medical professionals, war fighters age thirty and older are going to be tested annually as part of their periodic health assessment. It's a health assessment that happens every year. We're just adding this test. Those under thirty can voluntarily choose to get the test as well. If treatment is recommended. It's entirely your choice to receive testosterone replacement therapy. This initiative, it's not about artificial enhancement. It's about restoring and optimizing your natural capabilities, protecting your longevity, ensuring you have the biological foundation required to sustain the fight.
Speaker 5: So let me get this straight. You have banned flu vaccines being required for military men and women, even though there have been massive outbreaks among our military because vaccine rates have plummeted and they are just passing around like a contagion and getting incredibly ill and basically unable to serve and do their duties. But now you're requiring testosterone screening annually. I assume this is going to be for just men, because apparently you have to have some crazy amount of testosterone to ah serve in the military.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 8: Also, it's the fact that you use the word natural at the end of this talking about giving treatment or supplements or testosterone should it get lowerd That's not natural. In fact, what would be nature's course would be acknowledging your testosterone has dropped and just dealing with it, kind of the way women have been told for eons that when things happen to us naturally, we should just suck it up. He literally wrote the high t Department of War.
Speaker 5: I hated here. This timeline is absolutely stupid.
Speaker 3: The male voice that you heard was Secretary of Defense peak Hetseth. And it seems that the military will now start testing men over thirty for testosterone deficiency and if you have it, then you can get treated for it.
Speaker 4: Uh m hm.
Speaker 3: And just like the lady said, and this is you know it. You've banned mandatory flu vaccines, but you are making them test for testosterone deficiency. I h.
Speaker 4: We've we've just we've never heard.
Speaker 3: Of anything like this. This is just weird, y'all. It's weird. Uh okay, all right, I just it's just weird. Take a listen to another video.
Speaker 7: I thought it was bad enough when I worked in the first Trump administration that the White House would not let us release a report on protecting children from school shootings without first running that report by the National Rifle Association for approval.
Speaker 2: But it just got a whole.
Speaker 7: Lot worse than that this past weekend. You probably missed it. The Trump administration quietly announced changes, sweeping changes that will allow organizations allow businesses to directly mail guns to people's households and allow them to basically skip the part where they go in person to a gun shop for an in person background check. That's in addition to a whole host of other changes the administration is planning to make to reduce those background checks. But here's the real nasty twist in all of this. Guess who sits on the board of one of the biggest organizations set to benefit from this change. Donald Trump Junior, the president's eldest son, is on the board of a company called grab a Gun that has celebrated this announcement by clearly seeing how it will benefit their business. You tell me that's not an obvious conflict of interest.
Speaker 3: So President Trump has made gun ownership rights a public policy priority, and now a family member with a big position in a gun company is expected to benefit from a favorable proposed regulatory ruling. And yes, you heard him say, it is the president's son, Donald Trump Junior. He is at the center of this issue, holding shares in a company called grab a Gun, a Texas based online firearms retailer that sells handguns, rifles, shotguns, and ammunition, among other items. The company, nicknamed the Amazon of Guns, is trading at about three dollars a share as of July eighth. Shares are up three point six percent year to date, but the stock has skyrocketed thirty three point nine percent since July. Tewod on expectations of an upcoming regulation from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, firearms, and Explosives. Under the ATF's guidance, a new rule would enable licensed firearms dealers to ship guns directly to in state residents following identity verification and a background check. The ATF rule is one of thirty four d regulatory proposals issued by the agency in response to a February twenty twenty five White House Executive order to ease public access to guns.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Those who are critical of this potential rule say the new regulation could drive a significant increase in online gun sales, while adding that public safety is at risk, as is the survival of local gun shops, Which is true because think about it, If I can get an online, then why do I need to go, you know, to inside of a shop. Trump June, who holds over three hundred thousand shares and grab a gun valued at more than seven hundred thousand dollars, stands to benefit from the ruling. Now, Trump family spokesperson Andrew Sarabian said, Trump Junior is not involved in the ATF proposal. Now, I can't see how that could be a conflict of interests. And I think any any person you know can see that. Is it a conflict of I mean, you know, is something sinister going on here? You know, I don't know, but I can see how people can think that there. You know, there could be a conflict of interest there. You know. Now, y'all know, I am a proud licensed gun owner. You know, all this mess about Democrats want to take your guns so not true. Do you know how many Democrats are gun owners? Sometimes y'all just gotta say, y'all, just you can't just believe everything you read.
Speaker 4: You can't just be that gullible.
Speaker 3: I am a licensed gun owner, have been for many years, and as you know, last year got my carry concealed license. Now, I'm not a you know, I'm not ye gun like. I have a brother who was like, yay guns, I mean he you know, I also have a cousin and they are, you know, they it's it's you know, it's it's it's.
Speaker 4: It's a little a little scariest, a little scary.
Speaker 3: But they do it legally. I mean, you know, it's not illegal to own several guns. And they're not owning anything that you know that's banned in the US. You know, it's just their hobby, is what they like to do. So this this thing that you know, Democrats want to take away your guns, which no no Democrat senator or congress person has ever put forth any legislation to try to take away your your second amendment right. And they've been they've been, they've been seeing this for so many years. It's simply not true. We just want you to do it the right way, just like I did it the right way. I went through all the checks. You know, that's just what we're saying. Everybody just shouldn't just because you're eighteen years old or however it is, doesn't mean that you are responsible enough to have a gun. And y'all know I've said this many times. The class that I had to go through to get my carry concealed permit, I would encourage all gun owners to go through that class, even if you don't, you know, apply for your carry concealed permit. It's just a lot of information about the law and as it pertains to guns in your state, because you know there, I'm pretty sure that different states have different laws, you know, So you know, it just it just I don't know, I believe you should shun the very appearance of evil. But you know, also at the same time, you know, just because you know, you're the president's son. I mean, you know, you know, he was a businessman before Donald Trump became president.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: But but I can see, I can see both. I can see both both, you know. Sides to that. A federal judge in Ohio ruled against the Trump administration Monday, citing bigoted comments President Trump and Vice President JD. Vance made about immigrants. US Judge Algernon Marbley ordered the White House to unfreeze immigrants benefit applications, citing Trump Indvance's outright hostility towards immigrants both before and after the twenty twenty four presidential election. These applications include filing for work authorization and green cards from people in the US from countries including Burma, Canada, Iran, Nigeria, Syria, Tanzania, and Venezuela. Well, Irane, Okay, you know what's happening there. Their ire appears focused on immigrants from countries and the Caribbean, South America, Africa, and Asia. This is part of what Judge Marbley said. The judge quoted many of Trump's comments against immigrants of color, including the time he railed against people coming to the US from s whole countries, or when he claimed Haitians are poisoning the blood of our country. So y'all know what that means, right, they're mixing with you know, you know. In his second term as president, Trump attacks Somali Americans and accused them of adding nothing to the country, and oversaw violent immigration crackdowns across the country, particularly in Minnesota. The judge also highlighted trump advance's makeup accusation that Haitian immigrants in Springfield, Ohio were eating people's cats and dogs. Y'all remember that they're eating the cats and dogs. The meme was everywhere, They're eating the cats and dogs. He quoted Trump's own words when he said, if I have to create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that's what I'm going to do. So in other words, I'm lying, Yes, I'm lying. Uh But if I've got to lie, and if I got to make up something, uh so that people will believe it, then I'll do it.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's the that's the demagogue thing that I was telling you about. They make up this, They make up this, this this problem, they make up this.
Speaker 4: You know. But but but here's the problem.
Speaker 3: And I'm the only one who can help with this. They're eating your cats and dogs. But elect me because I'm the only one who can save you. The judge concluded this general hostility to immigration contrasts with an apparent interest in and preference for the migration of white people. Y'all remember the show I did that says white South Africans can come, but not the not the not the black South Africans. This is what this judge says. He says, and I quote again, this general hostility to immigration contrast with an apparent interest in and preference for the migration of white people. I keep going back because I heard Trump say, he stood behind a podium and he said, why can't more Europeans come? Why are all of these people from s whole African countries. So people are seeing it. I think everybody. I think everybody sees it, you know, And again I say this all the time. Some people don't care if they're not being affected by it. Some people close their mouth, they keep quiet about things until it starts affecting them. And see, this is another reason why you're seeing a lot of Americans cry out now, because y'all know, at first it was just the illegals, but now what's happening is is affecting everyone, not just immigrants, whether you're here or not.
Speaker 4: Gas is high for everybody.
Speaker 3: Food prices are skyrocketing for everybody. There isn't one grocery store for Americans and another grocery store for immigrants. It's all one grocery store, and it's all ha. I saw a lady the other day on I think it was Twitter, crying in her car because she had just come out the excuse me, the grocery store and she had to put stuff back because she didn't have enough money. And she said the stuff that she got was the same stuff she's always gotten, but because of all these rising prices, she could no longer afford the same stuff I've told you all my experience. I'm very much a creature of habit too. When I go to the grocery store, I buy basically the same things, the same meats, the same vegetables, because it's what I like. And I told y'all, I've even seen it stuff that used to I used to go and you know, the total was thirty dollars and seventy dollars now, same thing, sometimes not even the same thing, a little less seventy dollars now, and you know, people are just kind of finding it hard. And I just saw on seeing and not seeing an MS now that oil has surpassed one hundred dollars a barrow. So you know what that means. That means gas is going to go right back. Heavenly Father, help us, help us. Well that's my show. I thank you guys for tuning in. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 4: Bye.
Speaker 6: For now, I'll do it anything, William, what do.
Speaker 3: Heavy?
Speaker 5: I don't understand you, the man you.
Speaker 6: Loved and with a jirl
Speaker 7: Crazy