Speaker 1: Okay, sit up straight. We're doing the people's business here. You sit up straight.
Speaker 2: I have good possums.
Speaker 1: Sit up straight.
Speaker 3: Hello everyone, and welcome to the Sandy Show. Your place for conducting the people's business.
Speaker 2: You make it sound so much more important than it is what we do here.
Speaker 1: Well, for someone it's important. There's something out there.
Speaker 3: Been sitting by the radio, just waiting for Sandy and Tricia to come on. Yeah, I'm telling you. I hear from a lot of people every day. They listen every single day.
Speaker 2: Oh I know. I'll tell you one other day. Mister Felix, he listens every day. And he texted me something last night and I answered and he's like, all right, have a good night. Hear you in the morning or hear you tomorrow. I thought that was very funny.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I hear from a lot of the people every single day. I hear from Pam and the cob is it Caliban? Thank you?
Speaker 3: Also, here's this is a new one. Angelo. Hey, Angelo says, I listen every morning. I come down from Toronto, Canada, Canada and listen up there as well. Unfortunately, my project here in Texas will finish next week and won't return till later in.
Speaker 2: The year, but he could still listen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks Angela. That's nice.
Speaker 2: Nina Tolliver. She checked in with me. We talked about some facial stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're back on in North Carolina. By the way, transmitter caught fire.
Speaker 2: Oh no, is everything fine?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got it rebuilt. And this is from day in North Carolina. He said, if you get Trisha that bigfoot yard art, then Sandy also should also get a smokey the bear. That's true have been our backyard smoky bear, a big smokey bear.
Speaker 1: Fans.
Speaker 2: Oh, we could just have Maybe they could be holding hands, they could be friends. Yeah, that's a great point.
Speaker 3: You can text us anytime at seven three, seven threes or a one ninety six hundred.
Speaker 1: My name is Sandy.
Speaker 3: This is my beautiful, talented, yet somewhat a cerbic wife who once had dreams of being a Navy seal.
Speaker 1: Her name is Tricia.
Speaker 2: Hi, friends, you know what, I would be interested, afraid but interested in trying the Navy seal training camp. It'd be rough, but I don't want to have to go under water in the area. Maybe it shouldn't be Navy seals.
Speaker 3: It was on this date fourteen years ago that President Obama announced that Osama bin Laden had been killed by a team of Navy seals. Robert O'Neill is the man that made the shots to kill Osama bin Lost.
Speaker 2: How cool are Navy seals and those highly trained, highly specialized teams.
Speaker 1: Very very unique people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't let me see one of them dressed all in black propellent out of the helicopter.
Speaker 1: What's first thing made you laugh today, Trisha?
Speaker 2: I'd rather barefoot across a rug of legos then share a fun fact about myself with a group of people.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, that's never fount Yeah.
Speaker 2: It makes me realize there's not a lot of fun facts about me. If I have to rack my brain to think of something that might be interesting about me to tell the people that I'm talking to, what am I gonna say? I love watching TV?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think there's many fun facts about me either, right, I mean, other than I'm really good at string art.
Speaker 1: Oh that's about it. Weird. It's a talent. It's a gift, a gift, God gift, God given gift. Folks.
Speaker 3: You got to see my string art. I can I can do the Jacob's Ladder. I can make a rocket. I can make crows.
Speaker 2: Feet very aggressive with the cat whiskers.
Speaker 1: Yeah eif full tower, you name it, I can whip it up with strength.
Speaker 2: All I see is a tiny sandy with not a lot of friends.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of truth about coming up on the show today, some outdated slang that still gets used. Tricia admits to it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know if some of these are outdated. I use a lot of them.
Speaker 3: Also, going to talk Kentucky during the show, and Tricia's got the story We Love coming up next. Patishman has been dealt out on the Shadeur Sanders prank Call friends, I'll have a tough time keeping a straight face during this. Tricia's got it for us coming up in the story we Love. Hello to all of you new listeners. If you want to text us, we'd love to hear from you, know you're out there. Seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred is the number again, that's seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred.
Speaker 1: The Stories We.
Speaker 3: Love Lie crom the left Home Studio There Richer Shop.
Speaker 2: All right, So a quick recap over the weekend the NFL draft. Shador Sanders was supposed to be taken in one of the top three picks. He did not get picked until number one forty four in the fifth round. While he was waiting for the call to come to him, he got a prank call. It was somebody who said they were with the New Orleans Saints and they were getting ready to offer him the next spot. It was not a real call, it was a prank. They later found out that it was the twenty one year old son of the Falcons coach Jeff Olbrick. Okay, apparently his son went to his house that weekend. All of the NFL people involved in the draft are given special phone numbers to each player, so when they are picked, those teams can call that player. They don't give out the player's normal regular phone numbers, and Jeff Ulbrick's twenty zero year old son got shod Or Sander's phone number, this very special phone number off of his on his opened epad right made the phone call. Long story short, here's what the NFL has decided to do. It confirmed that the Falcons had been fined two hundred and fifty thousand dollars and specifically Jeff Olbrick one hundred thousand dollars for the breach of confidential information, basically saying that his dad left his unipad unattended and this would not have happened if he had been more careful with it. But it also Jack's the twenty one year old boy who made the call has to serve a bunch of community service hours.
Speaker 1: By who's ruling the court or the NFL.
Speaker 2: That basically what they're saying is the NFL now has to come up with stricter protection of the special numbers for the kids at the Falcons. The Falcons coach didn't do a good job in protecting that confidential information.
Speaker 3: We're talking about football here, I mean, come on, they're not talking about national security. The kid's got a phone number and he clowned another clown.
Speaker 1: Big deal, right, who cares?
Speaker 2: But really the whole team, the Falcons, the.
Speaker 1: Team to get fine and then the.
Speaker 2: Data hundred thousand dollars? Yeah, come on, Yeah, talking about security policies and practices.
Speaker 1: That's a little heavy handed.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's I don't know, it was mean what the kid did, don't get me wrong, but I feel like you're right, it's not like it was security.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the hey, NFL. How do you get to tell my kid what to do. You're a legal you're not a court, you know what I mean? Like he has to do community service.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if that's I don't know if that's the NFL saying that he has to do community service. I think it might be his family saying that we accept the the the punishment, and we're also looking into him having to do something as well, because otherwise it's just the team and his dad that get punished. That has to happen to the kid, who I understand.
Speaker 3: Like I remember growing up in a military family. We were always very conscious. You did not get in trouble on the base. You just didn't because your dad woul get in trouble too. Yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah, So I guess it's the same in the No Fun League, the National Football League.
Speaker 1: Yeah, huh no.
Speaker 2: No Fun League.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: They're also saying that some of the other people got some print calls too. I don't know if it was from the same.
Speaker 1: Kid, but oh, he just went to town.
Speaker 2: Yes, his buddy who's sitting on the couch because this kid was dumb enough to.
Speaker 1: Video Yeah that's yeah, that was not smart, but his.
Speaker 2: Buddy sitting on the couch with him, was like, what are you all like? Holy crap, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That is the story. We love.
Speaker 3: Stay with us. We've got more coming up. What outdated slang words are? Terms are still being used today and being used too often. We will get to it in just a moment. But before we do that, Chirscha, I thought you might like to know that one of your lay down booze is celebrating number fifty eight today.
Speaker 1: Eight. Yeah, I'll give you a little close. Sorry, friends, but we can't play the song here. Tim McGraw.
Speaker 3: It turns fifty eight years old today, so he's a little older.
Speaker 2: He's in really good shape. Sandy, you're a little old for you atrition not at all the perfect age for me.
Speaker 1: Oh, you mentioned you said he's in really good shape.
Speaker 3: Remind me later on to tell you that my work the guy that I work out with every day, I almost had to and our workout friendship because he told me who one one of his favorite bands.
Speaker 1: Used to be.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're so judging about people's bands. This would not be the first time you've ended a friendship over somebody's favorite band.
Speaker 1: No, this one though, WAITI I's coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Let's say, is it gonna make me want to be friends with him?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, you might not even know the band, say like air supply, No, you might not even know the band. All right, So here are some outdated slang words or terms that are being used too much that they're just kind of done, And I agree with most of them.
Speaker 2: Gnarly, Yeah, that's done.
Speaker 1: Unless you're a surfer, you don't think you should say it?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: How about sweet? That was our generation?
Speaker 2: Sweet? I don't think. I mean, I may be dabble in sweet a little bit here and there. Yeah, depends on the situation.
Speaker 3: The one that I can't believe is on this list that anyone still uses is that's the bee's knees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to be in black and white.
Speaker 1: You have to live your life in black and white.
Speaker 2: Right, here's one that's on the list is being outdated. But our daughter and her friends still say it sick sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah that that eight. That's one that eight. Yeah, something's bananas. I still like that, yeahs bananas.
Speaker 2: It's really like a perfect way to describe someone. One that's on the list that I use regularly is dude, dude, but mine is that that's the preface to me getting ready to call you out about something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not.
Speaker 3: I always know when I get a text message from you that you're you're not mad. Yeah you go, dude, you got to put the toilet seat down. I know, Okay, I get it. She just let me know.
Speaker 1: But I know, I know if I get a dude in my first in the first word of the text, I'm out in trouble. I'm just being notified.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're putting pit on alerts.
Speaker 1: Who still says can you dig it?
Speaker 2: With the seventies rerun?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I love watching old videos from the seventies. They did talk funny. Can you dig it? Hella is also on it.
Speaker 2: That is very very Gwen Stefani.
Speaker 1: Whipper Snapper, you have.
Speaker 2: To say that with the whistle in the.
Speaker 1: Ak, whipper Snapper, that's not on there.
Speaker 2: I say totes sometimes.
Speaker 1: Be Sames's, Samesy's Yeah, that's I think you invented that one.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I did or not, but I say it sometimes.
Speaker 3: Please stop saying ok oh why Yeah. One that I like is we're cooking with gas? Yeah, okay, with the hot grease.
Speaker 2: I like this one. Someone said, they're known as the right on guy at work.
Speaker 1: Right on?
Speaker 2: What's our friend Scott cross it, what's he known as? Like A said like I.
Speaker 3: Said, guy, your uncle's will like A said guy. Ye, the like A said guy is a guy that starts talking and doesn't know how to end what he's saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he goes back to like.
Speaker 2: A, brings it back around exactly, it up.
Speaker 1: Exactly, geez louise. Also slang that's kind of out and uh, you got any others?
Speaker 2: No, somebody said, let's blow this popsicle stand Ye.
Speaker 3: Last one is stoked, Yeah, stoked. I never I never got into that one either. So there you go. Don't use those words. You'll look cool around the kids, all right, Stay with us peak, keep it up with teenage slang is difficult, though, full time job.
Speaker 2: Just the other day, our fifteen year old says something. She texted me something, and I go, I don't know what that means. Like she had to explain it.
Speaker 3: I asked one of her friends, one of our daughter's friends, who's sixteen or seventeen, and she went and saw the deftnes and I go, how was the deaftone shows.
Speaker 1: She was like it was so bra.
Speaker 2: I got really she goes that good or bad?
Speaker 1: And I was like, I've heard that.
Speaker 2: It was it extra saucy.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that's who it was.
Speaker 3: Stick around more coming up. All right, you didn't get your air dogger number.
Speaker 1: Your shut out for a little while. Have we capped it at the first forty? Marie got number forty. So that's it for a little while. We'll let you know when we open up again.
Speaker 2: We're letting our top forty enjoy, enjoy it and marinate it a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the exclusivity of being having a number in the air Gogger club.
Speaker 1: Let's do it, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Cara, don't care to know how many more calories Americans eat compared to the Swedes.
Speaker 2: Don't care, don't care, I don't care.
Speaker 3: I'll let you know this much. It's approximately two whole cheesecakes per week.
Speaker 2: Worth, all right, So I'm not that at that. I do like to eat cheesecakes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we eat approximately the amount of calories two entire cheesecakes per week then the Swedes do.
Speaker 2: That has so many calories that is a all number, Okay.
Speaker 1: More than the Swedes there's not a number number, just twenty percent.
Speaker 2: I can tell you that a cheesecake not low calorie at all.
Speaker 1: No, there's no such thing as.
Speaker 2: The chart calories.
Speaker 1: I can't stand taste souage.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: Going to balance this sour with that little hint of sweet.
Speaker 3: Can't stand it, can't stand it, Tricia Carry, don't care to know when the first book that included photographs was published and what it was about.
Speaker 1: First book with photos?
Speaker 2: Sure, okay, fine, okay.
Speaker 3: It was in eighteen forty three, it was, and it was a book about algae with photographs of algae.
Speaker 2: I can't believe there was ever a second photo book if the first one was algae.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, He's like, hey, you know what I asked him, good pictures of algae we could add to this book. Good idea, throw it in there, algae, Tricia Care, don't care to know an interesting fact about millions of Americans, including the Bush family, who they are descendants of.
Speaker 2: That's weird that this Bush family is specifically, Yes, I care.
Speaker 1: Millions of Americans, including the Bush family are descendants of a guy from the Mayflower who fell overboard and only survived by grabbing a rope.
Speaker 2: Really what? Yeah, I mean fell overboard. I guess he was crafty enough to grab the rope. That's very specific information. That's the kind of specific information that I want to go. How do you know that? How do you know that happened?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, you fall overboard on the Mayflower. You tend to be remembered, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel no because I feel like everybody's on the Mayflower. One guy falls over what do you care?
Speaker 1: I don't know how many people were on the Mayflower.
Speaker 2: A lot of people.
Speaker 3: They I don't think there were many. I don't think there were many. I think the may Flower was small.
Speaker 2: Now I have to look at how many people were on the Mayflower.
Speaker 1: I'll look it up. Boll correct doing it. I'll be faster.
Speaker 2: You think that your AI one hundred and two passengers?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: Who was faster? One hundred and two passengers and a crew of about thirty.
Speaker 3: Seventy four males, twenty eight females, thirty one children.
Speaker 1: Stuff. That's what says.
Speaker 2: I know. You're just trying to just try to storytop me by breaking it down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, Yeah, Well.
Speaker 3: One of them that was on there has a million descendants, millions in America.
Speaker 2: Oh, very strong seed exactly