Speaker 1: And now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on dech.
Speaker 2: Tam Chase, Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this Thursday night here in southern California. Where you're Los Angeles Dodgers. They currently sit at ninety four and sixty four on this season, first place atop the division, with four games to go and a magic number of two. Tonight's this series finale against the San Diego Padres. They have split the first two games. It was San Diego tonight. A series win would clinch the division with Walker Rueler on the mound, first pitch coming up at seven ten. Between then and now, we have got a lot to get to here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We're gonna give you the latest Dodgers injury news with yet another arm going on the injured list, but they do get back a catcher off the il Moore on that coming up, David Massego's one on one with former Dodger catcher now advisor with the Padres, A j Ellis.
Speaker 3: We got your Dodgers magical moment.
Speaker 2: Shortly, we'll check in with Kirsten Watson in In just a few minutes, we'll head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Last night a great pitching matchup between Dylan Ceas and Jack Flariting. The Dodgers actually got to cease early tay Oscar Hernandez and RBI single in the bottom of the first scoring show Hey Otani, and just like that the Dodgers had a one to nothing lead. But as quickly as they took the lead, Jack Flerny gave it back with a two run top half of the second inning for the Padres. As they did the night before, they answered the Dodgers plus one to take it two to one lead. Then in the top half of the four bay at the bottom half of the fourth inning, the Dodgers got something going against Dylan cs and then Gavin Lux tied it up.
Speaker 4: Tennessee had overstrived recently.
Speaker 5: Wind drive base hit in the center field green light for Tommy Edmund to throw in from Merrill hits the mound and bounces high two.
Speaker 6: Edmund slides in safe.
Speaker 7: We're tied at two.
Speaker 2: That is the top tier play of the game sponsored by Arco Quality top tier gas for less. Gavin lux delivers with an RBI single scoring Tommy Edmond, and we were tied at two still In the bottom of the fourth show Aotani and RBI double that scored LuxI, Dodgers took a three to two lead.
Speaker 3: But in the top half of.
Speaker 2: The fifth inning, yet again, Jack Flaherty gave up the lead, this time for Nando to tease. Junior hit one to deep left center field four hundred and forty eight feet almost out of the pavilion and left, and that tied the game at three. Back and forth go the Dodgers and Padres, who would have to last laugh well, that would belong to the Dodgers. In the bottom half of the sixth inning, the Dodgers able to get some damage done thanks to Show Hey.
Speaker 5: Two on two out, two balls, two strikes. The pitch from what Otani rits it on the ground in the right center field Smith hustling around third, He'll score without a play another go ahead RBI for show Hey old Toni.
Speaker 6: A two out single makes it four three Dodgers.
Speaker 2: In the sixth Show Hey Otani delivers with an RBIs single with the breath of fresh air. Moment of the game presented by a Tara Mechanical. Looking for reliable heating and air conditioning services in Southern California, look no further than a Tara Mechanical your trusted partner. Check out Omar and Brittany, the founder's great people. Their service is more than just a solution, the breath of fresh air from the moment you call to the completion of your project. A Tara Mechanical delivers friendly, honest service at a fair price. Well, nothing fair about what Shoeyotani did last night. Twice drive it in runs to give the Dodgers a lead. This time it counted for the Dodgers, who took a four to three lead, and then the bullpen took over the rest of the way. Vessia put up a zero, Phillips put up a zero. Try and put up a zero. Michael Kopek got the ninth inning, struck out a batter, walked a batter, but got out of it as a Dodgers go on and beat the Padres last night four to three. Alex Vessi against the win out of the bullpen Michael Kopek gets saved number fifteen and the Dodgers get two games closer to clinch of the division.
Speaker 3: Now ninety four and sixty four.
Speaker 2: The magic number down to two and Walker Bueller on the mount tonight in this series finale against San Diego. First pitch of seven ten and with more we head out to the Galvin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Steven Nelson head Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, Yes, Tim, it all comes down to this, the final regular season home game at Dodgers Stadium, in the final game of this pivotal three game set against the Padres Rick Monday. The Dodgers with a win tonight would wrap up the National League.
Speaker 4: West and to be able to do it at home, I mean the magic number is two and obviously a big victory in last night's ball game, rebounding from a disappointing loss in Game one of the series, winning it by a score to free. The bullpen stood tall last night's ballgame, and you look at Jack Flaherning, you know he goes to the five inning, three runs on only four hits, struck out five as well. The Dodgers played with a lot more electricity last night and being able to do it, And I would imagine the electricity is going to be running all around the stadium tonight because they know full well not only a victory and being able to clinch the Western Division, but this could be a celebration for everybody. It's going to be a long night anyway for the Dodgers. They are going to be headed to Denver they take on the Rockies over the weekend to close out officially the regular season. But wouldn't it be nice to have a little delay on the takeoff time because of celebration here.
Speaker 5: I think that's something that everybody would sign up for. You talk about the electricity last night, and look, I hate to state the obvious year because we're talking about the National League MVP this year in Shohei Otani, but he put the team on his back last night. Moll, I mean two go ahead RBIs win and frankly, his fellow MVPs looked a little flat. The rest of the lineup wasn't really generating much. I don't want to lose sight of Tommy Edmunds double or lose track of what the bullpen did, especially Blake Tryina in the eighth. But sho hey Otani with the bat and the emotion that we saw, that is something that I hope the Dodgers feed off of intnight's gin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm glad he brought that up because what we see with show Hay is a very professional, almost compartmentalized approach to his job. He keeps his emotions kind of bottle up. He's a private person. Understand that, because he's under the brightest light, whether it's here on the field, whether it be from social standpoint, whatever it is. I mean, he is a big, big deal. But for him to explode with that emotion and not keep a pin up in internal I thought it was wonderful. I think his team fed off of it. I think the crowd fed off of it, and we're gonna find out what happens today. I'm also glad he brought up Tommy Edmund because with the injury to Miguel Rojas last night, listen to growing, He's not in that lineup tonight, just precautionary. Edmund has really been able to do a good job. You know, the other guy, Gavin Lux Now Luck's got a couple of base hits last night, drove in a run and they desperately need his bat to come alive. He's been kind of a slump, if you will, a dry spot a better way to put it from a hitter standpoint. But there are some positive things that need to keep going because you can clench it tonight, but that's only a precursor to postseason and they still have some accomplishments to really achieve.
Speaker 6: A huge job.
Speaker 5: As we get it back to you, Tim, there are some bad updates from an injury standpoint heading into this finale against the Padres. First and foremost, Miguel Rojas, it's a torn left adductor. Torn left adductor. He got a shot for it. An MRI confirmed that diagnosis. It is something that meggi Row plans to play through the rest of the year. He's obviously not playing tonight as well you just stated, but meggi Row torn left adductor and he's gonna try and tough it out. On the pitching standpoint, Bruce dar Gratterol going on the injure list with right shoulder inflammation. The last time we saw Bruce dar five pitches, four strikes. I mean, he was outstanding when we saw him the other night, but again, Bruce dar Bozuka back on the il Clayton Kershaw. He's not gonna be viable for a couple of weeks. That's the exact quote from Dave Roberts as well. So I hate to end on a bad note, Tim, but those are I guess, the nuts and bolts of the injury news coming out of the Dodger duck out ahead of this Thursday night game.
Speaker 6: We'll talk to you a little bit more.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks a lot, Nelly, Yeah, more on the injuries coming up as we cut you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game, Dame mel On at Shakey's Pizza Parlor, what are your Shaky's Pizza shakin and mojos right now at Shakey's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We will check in with David Vats say we'll dive deeper into this pinching matchup and I'm next. You're o Tani rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA lead you up to first pitch. Dodgers win and they clinch Dodgers Padres. First pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kay's thanks for being with us. It's the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio network.
Speaker 1: Is Morongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Padres on this Thursday eight, final game of this three game set, final home game of the regular season. It's off to Colorado for a three game set against the Rockies beginning tomorrow. Walker Vieler, Joe Musgrove. The pitching matchup tonight. First pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 8: This is the Otani ree Why the eightieth pitch of the ball game from Dylan seeks Oltani turns on it right field corner.
Speaker 5: This ball bounce off the wall.
Speaker 6: Here comes luck.
Speaker 5: Rojas has the stop side hot RBI double for show.
Speaker 6: Hey old time. The throw in skips away from the cutoff man.
Speaker 5: Roja stays on third, but it's now three two Dodgers thanks to the number seventeen two on two out, two balls, two strikes.
Speaker 6: The pitch from Money home, Otani.
Speaker 5: Rips it on the ground into right center field.
Speaker 6: Smith hustling around third, He'll score.
Speaker 5: Without a play, another go ahead RBI for show.
Speaker 4: Hey, old Tani, I still don't think that they would throw through the second padre infield.
Speaker 6: Back there goes Otani.
Speaker 5: Mookie takes a pitch, it's a ball and it's a stolen.
Speaker 6: Base for show.
Speaker 5: Hey, no, that's stolen base number fifty six for Old Tani.
Speaker 3: Sho, Hey Otani? Does it all last?
Speaker 2: Nine two for three and double two RBI now one hundred and twenty five ribbies on this season he was on base three times with the walk Stolen base number fifty six Otani rewind brought to you by eto ins Oil on Shot, Japan's number one green Tea and the Tea the show, Hey Otani loves and drinks available your local DISO stores and eto in dot com.
Speaker 3: That's it, o e N dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirsten now joins us before the series finale Dodgers and the Padres. And before we get to this matchup, Kearston some injury news, Bruce dar graderol on the IL, Austin Barnes off the IL, and what's going on with kersh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So let's start with Bruce dar gratterol So for him, as we know, to start the season he's been dealing with shoulder inflammation. He obviously came back too quite some time for him to get back. I think there were even some question marks of would he return the season he came back, he was a fresh arm. He has been, I mean lights out for the team since returning. But if you go back to his outing in Game one of this Padre series, he threw two innings or an updown and he was fantastic, very quick outing, just efficient. But the next day Dave Roberts was saying that he wasn't able to play catge and so they did a scan. It's showing some more inflammation what he's been dealing with all year, and so there are currently some question marks around him as to what this means for October. He's obviously done for the rest of the regular season. If they can get his arm moving to be an option come October, then they will do just that. But until the inflammation goes down, he's truly at a standstill. So unfortunate news, just considering how hard he worked to get back. Obviously we had the scare on the mound. He ends up being fine and then to have this news is unfortunate, especially as being so close to the postseason.
Speaker 6: Then you've got Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 9: He is also at a standstill at the moment, and I feel like I'm giving a bunch of fat news. But the positive with Clayton Kershaw has he's been moving his arm this entire time. As much as he's been dealing with that bone spurs and the pain that it's been bothering him, the toe is not at one hundred percent just yet, and that's been the biggest issue because he can't properly throw the ball and with the same effort and push off his foot and things like that. He's tried to make some changes, whether it's moving a spike, whether it's putting a cover or cushion at the top of the toe of the foot of his cleat. It just hasn't necessarily been working just yet. So he's going to at least need a few more weeks, and that means he's likely going to be down for the NLDS, but they're going to keep trying to keep him going. So if he can be an option, whether it's the CS World Series, if you think ahead he's hoping he can be a part of this postseason run. You mentioned Austin Barnes's back, Dave robertson that he should be back in the lineup tomorrow, so he's doing better. And then there's also we didn't even mention this, there's also Miguel Rojas. So he last night came out of the game. He's been dealing with some groin tightness and he actually had a scan this morning and showed an adductor strain, a possible tear, but it's something that he's been dealing with all season long for the most part, so he had a shot. He's hoping that that will be all he needs. Since he has been dealing with it, he's been playing on it, and so he is someone though who is so adamant that he is returning and he wants to be ready for this postseason run. So if you look at anything right now, it's just you got to show today. Give him a couple of days. Obviously, Colorado is a tough place when it comes to body recovery, so he's likely going to be down there, but just be ready for October because this team is going to need.
Speaker 2: They're gonna need everybody ready to go for this postseason push, no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: Kresty, We appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans en hands you're listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelino's la Care dot Org. Still to come here On Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vassa goes one on one with a j ellis Well.
Speaker 3: The good guys up next.
Speaker 2: We'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself. Team Roberts Dodgers and Padres Dodgers win and they clenched the division. First pitch is coming up at seven to ten. I'm Tim kass Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunts on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Bromio Casino Rogers on Den continues as we leads up to first pitch. Dodgers and Andres Marongo Casino Resort and Spa A Grand slam for good times. Walker Bueler, Joe Musgrove. The pitching matchup, first pitch set for sevent ten.
Speaker 1: This He's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Miguel Rojas had to leave the game last night torn left ad doctor he is going to get a little cortzone. Hopeing feels better in a few days and hopefully he is ready to go by the end of the series in Colorado, if not for the postseason. Bruce Dark Carrader all placed on the IL right shoulder inflammation. Austin Barnes activated off the IL, so he is backing, good to go. Hunter for Doucia is sent back to Triple A. Tyler Glass now done for the season, Gavin Stone done for the season, Anthony Bonda on the IL, trying to come back, Clayton kershaw Tony Gonsolin fingers crossed they can help out this Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Team in the postseason.
Speaker 2: All right, let's head back out to Dodgers Stadium and check in with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 8: Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 10: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts, Dave chance to clinch the division today?
Speaker 3: What do you need to see from Walker?
Speaker 10: And he's outing.
Speaker 11: I think with Walker, he knows these guys well, they know him well. He's got to make pitches, he's got to chip some innings, he's got to sequence, he's got to pitch in different quadrants and make pitches. So I know that he's on regular rest. I think he's excited about that. He's excited about pitching in a meaningful game. And we got to play good defense behind him and put some cooking numbers up there.
Speaker 3: All right, there's Dave Roberts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's important the Walker Buehler give him the best effort this season from him. Dave Roberts down the dugout brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right, and he's got a plan before His team is the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Help you implement it. Learn more Service Titan dot Com. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with David Basse. If we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers padres, Dodgers win and they clinched the division. First pitch coming up in seventy ten. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Padres.
Speaker 2: Final game of this three game set, final home game of the regular season out of Dodger Stadium, Walker Bueller, Joe Musgrove, the pitching matchup, the umpiring crew for Giants game brought to you by Fred Loyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years while providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck, I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David all Right DV.
Speaker 2: First two games and been pretty electric. The crowd has been great, the games well, pretty good for the most part.
Speaker 3: What do we expecting this finale tonight?
Speaker 12: Well, the feeling around the Dodgers is they want to close it out tonight and wrap up this NLS Division championship. And look, the mood in that clubhouse is a lot different than what it was twenty four hours ago. Because they knew they would be at a significant disadvantage. If they would have lost last night going into tonight, a lot more pressure would have been on the Dodgers to win tonight. But after winning last night, a lot of pressure has been relieved because the Dodgers are very much in control of this division. Worst case scenario, even if they lose tonight, all they have to do is take care of business in Denver and win two out of three against the Rockies and they are the NLS champions.
Speaker 3: Dave Walker Buehler gets the start tonight.
Speaker 2: He's certainly not had the twenty twenty four that he had hoped, but man, no better time than to turn things around than tonight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it feels that way.
Speaker 12: It's the right guy to have on the mound after you know him having flashes of his old self at different points in time this season, more rather than more recently from Walker Buehler, especially in his last start in Atlanta. So it kind of feels like the stars are aligned to have the right guy on the mound on a game where you can clinch the NLS championship and look, Joe Musgrove, he's human. The Dodgers scored five runs off of him earlier this year in two and two thirds innings, So I feel like tonight is going to be a high scoring game.
Speaker 2: David is brought to you by our friends at four. There's choices in life, and Ford, of course, gives you one of those choices with the F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This march can only be called the f one fifty. I'm looking at the lineup, David, No.
Speaker 12: Keygay, Yeah, I'm a little surprised as well. Kei k Hernandez, who has been on such a hot streak, has come up with so many big hits here in the last two weeks of the season. Not in see her field tonight. With Miguel Rojas out because of that left growing injury, Tommy Edmond had shortstop, Yes, but Key k Hernandez is a much better defensive center fielder than Andy pa has. And who else would you want to have in this game against whoever is throwing right handed left handed? Throw that out the window. You want your gamers out there, and keyk Hernandez. When the Dodgers have needed somebody, they always call upon Kik and he has delivered. I'm a little surprised he's not starting in center field tonight.
Speaker 3: David, what's the latest with Clayton Kershaw?
Speaker 12: Well, he said, Well, Dave Roberts started to hint that there are some other physical issues with Kershaw other than his left big toe.
Speaker 3: Oh, so myself and.
Speaker 12: Other reporters waited for Kershaw to come to speak to us and ask him whether or not there is any other issues.
Speaker 13: You know, maybe maybe it'll feel better one day, and so I just waiting for that day to happen. I think compress at all or is it like just says you keeping sort of throwing off fits or of staying same. It's progressing, it's just been obviously not as fast as I had hoped or wanted. But I mean there's slight improvements, just like waking up in the morning and the pressure I put on it, and like maybe, but it's just not not there yet.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So Kershaw obviously has the issue with the left big toe, but there are no other arm issues with Kershaw right now, and that's the reason why he's dialing it back because, as you know, if you have a lower leg injury, you start to compensate with your elbow with your shoulder, and that's the last thing Kershaw wants to do. So there is nothing other physically wrong with him, and he just wants to keep it that way.
Speaker 2: Let's hope it just stays of the toe and he can come back with David appreciate it. We will check back in with you in just a little bit. This is the last week to win Freddie Freeman's autograph Jersey. Dodger fans sign up for your chance to win at cleanla dot com. Just take a survey sharing what you've learned about recycling beverage can containers. That's Cleanla dot comference. Chance to win a Freddie Freeman autograph Jersey. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll hear coming up from a j Ellis, former Dodger ketcher. Now with the Padres. Will dive deeper to this pitching matchup up next to your Dodgers. Magical moment Dodgers Padres first pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Katsi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Padres. Walker Bueler, Joe Musgrove, the pitching matchup. We'll dive deeper to the numbers coming up in just a little bit. First pitch of seven ten.
Speaker 6: Hot Dog, who wants hot?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. Bitch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Been a lot of great moments over the years with the Dodgers and Padres. We go back to April seventeenth, twenty twenty one, at Petco Park in San Diego. Mookie Bets, we know what he can do with the bat, But Mookie Bets with the spectacular catch and right well.
Speaker 7: Dodgers in search of their fourth shutout of the year and their thirteenth win and a winning streak of eight. What is Gonzales to fam between now and then? Swinging a fly ball in the center field diving catch made by Bets and the Dodgers win It. A spectacular play by Mookie Bets. If he doesn't get it, it's a tie game.
Speaker 6: Instead, Bets saves the day.
Speaker 7: And the Dodgers shut out the Padres two to nothing.
Speaker 2: A spectacular cats from Mookie Bets to end the game. April seventeen, twenty twenty one, down in San Diego, Dodgers with a two to nothing, shutout win. This Hofey magical moment brought to my Hofey Hot Dogs, a Sokal treasher for over one hundred years. Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Hoffey Hot Talks. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check you out with Rick Monday to lead you up to first pitch. David Vassay next with a very special guest, Dodgers padres On, Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio nowork.
Speaker 1: Is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Padres Walker reviewer Joe Muskrove the pitching manshup in this series finale, First pitch coming up at seven to ten. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zench handcrafted sushi made fresh daily on side. Pickup Delicious Sushi before the game at Robs and other local supermarkets near the deli counter. Let's tep back out to Dodger Stadium. David vass standing by with a very special guests.
Speaker 12: Well, thanks, Tim, we are pinch hitting for Rick Monday today because we are joined right now by acclaimed sports photographer Gene Fruth, who has done a remarkable job of really bringing to light how women should be more part of baseball. And there is a great documentary that is going to debut on MLB Network between Games two and three of the World Series. It's titled Women's Baseball Around the World, See Her Be Her, And Gene is here at Dodgers Stadium. Thank you so much for the time and great to see you and Jeff Idelsent back at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 10: Oh, it's so fun to be back here and especially talking about See Her Be Her. You know, it's come We worked three years on this project and to be here and now having it seen on the MLB Network during the World Series. The only thing that could be better is if we have the Dodgers playing in Games one and two.
Speaker 12: That would be beautiful. Gene, But I'm just curious what inspired this because it is so global, this documentary. It's not just a little Midwest town. This is global, from the United States to Canada to Yagan.
Speaker 10: When I'm finishing up my second project, Grassroots Baseball Rose sixty six, I got a chance to shoot an all girls baseball game. Never shot at all girls baseball game and not softball baseball, and it was such an experience. I've always shot one girl on a little league team with all boys and people say, oh, there's the girl. Look, you know, there's a girl pitching tonight. Do you see that girl on the right field this They were all just athletes. It wasn't the girl. And the more girls are growing in the sport, that just the more exciting that this sport is becoming and why not? Why not girls? And we're seeing all around the world, not just in the United States, the sport girl for girls and women, and girls are staying in the game longer, and they're playing in high school and they're playing in college. So just like all the other sports, women's sports are growing and getting more popularity. Look at basketball, look at hockey, yeah, and soccer. So here's girls baseball and women's baseball.
Speaker 12: Gene Fruth is our guest. The documentary is titled See Her Be Her. It's on women's baseball around the world, and I just shared with you I am a proud girl dad. My daughter Adriana would love to play baseball. Do you feel like this may inspire the next generation of women and little girls.
Speaker 10: It really I have a lot of women who will come over to me and say, hey, you know, my daughter wants to play baseball. What do you think are their opportunities? And I say, please, please encourage her and help her get those opportunities, because that's how the sport is going to grow. Help her with her dream, allow her to dream. And I really hope with this film little girls will see it and they'll know that they also can.
Speaker 12: Be it so inspirational and being a girl dad, now I feel like I understand it even better. Thanks a lot for the time, and thank you for putting together such a great project. The Grassroots Series Part three that's accompanying See Her Be Her, the documentary on women's baseball, which will debut between Games two and three of the World Series on MLB Network. Gene Fruth, to have you at Dodgers Stadium, and also great to have Jeff Idelson here.
Speaker 10: Oh, it is such a pleasure. Go Dodgers. Have a great game tonight, Dodgers.
Speaker 12: We'll see the Dodgers in the World Series with Gene Fruth and See Her Be Here. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, All right, thanks loud DV.
Speaker 2: Dodgers fans, start your future to California Community College financial aid. It's available to help you with tuition, books, and yeah, sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill quickly, So on rolls today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Decker you and get a preview this pitchy matchup Steven Nelson Rick Monday and get you those keys to the game. But up next you go high and tight with one of the good guys. Old friend alert A j Ellis, long time.
Speaker 3: Dodger catcher now part of the Padres front office. We'll hear from.
Speaker 2: Aj next Dodgers Padres first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kays's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters on game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Padres on this Thursday night, final game of this three game series, final home game with the regular season Dodgers in clinted the division tonight with the win Walker Buehler on the mound Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital Los Angeles. When you need the very best care for your child, there's only one place to go, Children's Hospital LA, because they're ranked number one in all of California for pediatric Here find the right doctor at CHLA dot or.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment is high and tight.
Speaker 12: We're joined right now by a man that still bleeds Dodger blue no matter where he is or what part of the country he is working from home in. And that is one of the great all time guys that you will ever meet, and certainly one of the more successful Dodger catchers in recent history. And that is the one and only special assistant to the special GM to the San Diego Padres aj Preller, And that is our aj A j ellis great to see you back at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 3: Good to be with you, Dave.
Speaker 14: That was probably one of the worst introductions I've ever heard. I don't know what you were going for with that. It is good to be with a special assistant like yourself. I don't know who you assist and I feel bad for that person. But it's great to be back in Dodger Stadium. It's crazy. It's my first time back at the ballparks in twenty nineteen, and it just doesn't take longery be reminded of what a special place this is and to be the atmosphere of any Dodger game, let alone one that has so much playoff implications. Just spent a great, a great few days catching up and watching baseball.
Speaker 12: What's it like to come back here obviously working for the Padres Dodgers and Padres battling for the NL West. What's it like as you walk around the stadium with Mike Shilp before the game, to walk in front of that dugout and just think about all the great times you had.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it all comes back, you know, floods back and actually talking with Mike about some of those memories. And you know, he he'd works along with the San Louis Cardinals, and you know, even when he was just in player development at the time, he still has a great recollection recollection of a lot of those those battles we had. Thinking about the you know two thousand and nine, uh Mark Loretto walk off after you know, the Matt Holliday misqu and left field and and and then talking about then in some of the tougher games in the against the Cardinals in the postseason as well. But it's special to be back, especially be sitting here with you right now watching a Clayton Kershaw retrospective here on Sports in LA. And I'm just wonderful to be back and uh spend time with him, and spend time with a lot of other my former Dodger teammates and uh and then some of the staff that I still have a great fondness for.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's fitting that we're seeing Kershaw's top ten highlights of his career. You were part of so many, including his No hitter. We saw you be part of that special as well. But reconnecting with him here in Los Angeles, what do you cherish the most about your friendship with Kershaw?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean, I think it's definitely you know, I think it's was when this when this trip came out, it was one of the things that I circled to be what I was looking forward to the most. And we've evolved to a point where very little of our conversations to revolve around baseball, it's more about family and life and being a dad and being a being a husband, and you know what's next, and so it's just it's just great and we have that that shared history, those shared moments, and but beyond that, it's it's it's it's definitely transitioned to a relationship as as friends, even beyond more than what it was. His teammates A.
Speaker 12: J Ellis was Kershaw's big brother basically in the minor leagues. They came up together, and obviously you were a shepherd to him for a long time. Can you just describe where he was even in twenty two twelve to where he's at right now and just how he's evolved as a person as a pitcher, and how he's so determined to still even pitch at this stage of his career.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean, without a doubt. I mean, you know, he's one of the most consistent people I've ever been around. That consistency of that determination was evident going back to our minor league days, his teammates together, and just the way that he approached his craft, the seriousness that he took it, the diligence he had on a day and day out, basis. He was very meticulous about what he was going to do and what he continues to do on a daily basis. And he goes out and whether he's pitching in a game or doing his his pregame work on a field on a day's not pitching, he's going to attack that with a focus and a concentration that allows him to maximize every single day and turn maximize a career. A.
Speaker 12: J Ellis was part of one of my favorite Dodger teams, the twenty thirteen Dodgers, who were so special. It was the first of this run of twelve consecutive postseason berths. AJ when you look back at your Dodger career, was twenty thirteen maybe the most special and the most talented. Which team, when you look back at your career was the one that was truest and gearest to your heart?
Speaker 14: I think, Dave, I think you're exactly right. I think that twenty thirteen team really stands out a lot of circumstances around that. It's kind of funny. We were talking about the Padres success that we've had, and you know, the second half turnaround and we've had, We're at one point, we're at fifty to fifty and fifty and fifty just coming out of the All Star break and the run we've been on where we've gone I think something like forty two and seventeen since that point to put ourselves in a position to play postseason baseball, which is extremely exciting for the city of San Diego and for the entire Padres organization. But then to think about man forty two and seventeen is historic. It's the best record in baseball that twenty thirteen Dodger team went on a run of fifty games where we.
Speaker 3: Went forty two and eight, and.
Speaker 14: Just like to see what this team has done and see how that's that's kind of seeped over. It is really special and really a great you know memory from that team. So many great friendships still remain to this day, you know, Jerry Harrison Junior and Mark Ellis and Skip Schumacher and Nick Punto, Michael Young, Andre Ethier, you know, the list goes on and on of people who made that easily the most the most enjoyable season and of my professional career.
Speaker 12: Padres and Dodgers may not be done after tonight. They are on a collision course for another matchup in the n L d S. Great to have a j ellis join us. Great to have a j elis back at Dodgers Stadium. There is life outside of working from home.
Speaker 3: Aj.
Speaker 12: You just got a taste of it.
Speaker 14: It is it is, Uh, this is crazy. This has been a full day already. Usually, you know, I try to work only about uh you know, you know, an hour or two hours a day like these long hours. I don't know how you do it, Dave, but uh, you know, keep up the good work and then you know, someday, uh, you know, soon maybe somebody will be your special assistant one day.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 12: He looks the same, he walks the same, he talks the same, he thinks the same. The great Ajlis, mister consistent. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks lot DV. Great to hear from aj. Ella's doing big things with the Padres. Certainly one of the Dodgers great during his time. Dodgers Baseball Brought to by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's a group night at Shankies dot Com. Leading me up to first pitch Dodgers and Padres up. Next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. I'm Tim Katsus, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your Home for the Blue All season.
Speaker 2: Low Dodgers and Padres on this Thursday night. Dodgers two game lead in division. They win tonight. Yeah, that two game lead down to zero. They will clinch the division with a win tonight. That magic number down to two. First pitch at seven times.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the din, we look at the pitching match year.
Speaker 2: It was hit up by your Southern California Toyota dealers, turning your trail dominating and off roading dreams into reality and the all new twenty twenty four to Goma.
Speaker 3: See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy.
Speaker 2: Joe Musgrove on the mound six and five with a three ninety five Erara thirty one year old right hander made his major league debut in twenty sixteen. Now in his fourth season with the Padres, making his nineteen start this year.
Speaker 3: He's been on the il a couple times with l O inflammation.
Speaker 2: Last time out, six shot, shoutout innings, four hits, nine strikeouts and a no decision against the White Tws. Before that, six shoutout innings, eight strikeouts in a win over the Giants. It's his thirteenth career appearance against the Dodgers, including the postseason. He's still searching for his first winns a starter. He's oh to seven with a four to thirty five ERA in those thirteen stars. Walker Bueler won in six with a five sixty three ERA. Thirty year old right hander still try to figure it out, but no better time than the present.
Speaker 3: Tonight would be perfect.
Speaker 2: In his sixteen start of the season, last time out, five and the third innings four runs, five hits, nine strikeouts in a loss of the Rockies, I was on Saturday night, facing the Padres for the twelfth time in his career. He's six and one with a one eighty e RA in seventy eight strikeouts. He lost face to May twelfth. He went three to third inningans. He allowed three earned runs on five hits while striking out two in taking the losses only loss of his career against the Padres. Walker Bueller, Joe Musgrove Dodgers Padres were fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game our next of Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Padres on this Thursday night, Walker Rebueler Joe Musgrove the pitching matchup. Dodgers fans and hands are listening to the experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening to Dodger games in HD. The playoffs are right around the corner. No better time to download it right now for free. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plans serving all Angelinos, lakare dot org. All right before first pitch, back to the booth now one final time, Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, guys, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Tim, promise not to yeah pitt you too much this time. Rick Monday, My question for you is simple. Walker Buehler against Joe Muskrove. A big game for Walker, in a big game for the Dodgers. He's got a chance to pitch them to a Nation League West crown. We have seen him time and again in his career rise to the occasion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think also Steven, there's going to be a lot of emotion that Walker Buehler has gone through and the uncertainty of the fact is it one, when is he going to come back and pitch? B how is he going to pitch? And he's in there tonight, So this will be a game number one hundred and thirty one in his career start number one hundred and twenty two. Is a lot on the line, not only for Walker but for the Dodgers tonight against the pres and.
Speaker 5: Can he give the Dodgers some length? The bullpen has pitched fifteen of the last twenty seven innings. On behalf of the Dodgers staff. It'll be Joe Musgrove on the other side, a right handed for San Diego, with whom the Dodgers are very familiar with. Musgrove against Walker Bueller, the first fishing walker coming up shortly. We cannot wait. Will the Dodgers clinch their eleventh title in the Nation League West the last twelve years. We'll find out.
Speaker 3: Soon, absolutely, we will find out.
Speaker 2: In fact, the Dodgers just moments ago announcing another roster move. Yes, another picture goes to the injured list. Brent Honeywell placed on the IEL with the cracked right middle fingernail. The Dodgers, though, activating left handed reliever Anthony Banda from the injured list, so Anthony Bonda is back. The crafty veteran left hander off the injured list. Brent Honeywell and his turtleneck. They go to the IL with the cracked right middle fingernail. All right, Dodgers Padres. Next, Dodgers win and they clenched the division. Yankees is clenched against the Oriols the AL East, and the Dodgers clenched the NL West against the Padres. Will find out as the Dodgers get ready to take on San Diego. Don't forget brod you by Speedy Cash Officials pot sort of every l a weekend. Find out more a Speedy Cash dot com and stop in inn LA area Speedy Cash Store.
Speaker 3: First Pitches next, enjoy it.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kates has been Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network