Speaker 1: Yesterday, President Trump made the decision to strike inbound narcos on their way to the United States from the Eastern Pacific. I am on location on the shores of the Eastern Pacific in San.
Speaker 2: Salvador, l Salvador.
Speaker 1: We will be covering all of the reaction from the region and catching up on what's going on in Washington, d C. With Representative Corey Mills. He is on the Armed Services Committee. He'll have perspective on some of these military operations and he'll bring us into the negotiations to end this shutdown and to prepare for what is happening in twenty twenty six on the way to the all important midterms. Plus, we've got Texas candidate Brandon Herrera with US tonight and a lot of Oan Team coverage. Will check in with Daniel Baldwin and with Pearson Sharp regarding what's going on around the world.
Speaker 2: All that and more. It's next on the Matt Gates Show. Let's do this.
Speaker 3: Shaking up Washington, d C. We're breaking the fever.
Speaker 4: Do you have a watch this guy on television.
Speaker 2: It's like a machine.
Speaker 4: He's great.
Speaker 1: Matt Gates, as we join you this evening, we are on location in since Salvador. That is because the United States has made aggressive moves in the Eastern Pacific and throughout the Caribbean as President Trump is fighting the narcos who are on their way to the United States. This is some of the most i would say aggressive and forceful work that we've seen from the Department of War in this part of the world in quite some time. It reinvigorates the Monroe doctrine that President Trump is bringing back to life with policies related to Greenland, Panama, and throughout Latin America. It is also Veterans Day. President Trump spent time with our troops.
Speaker 2: Take listen.
Speaker 4: So the House is going to vote, and I think they're going to vote positively. I think most people want to see it open. Only people that hate our country want to see it not open. Because our country is doing so well, So we don't want to waste these times. These a precious sense. You know, we have seventeen trition dollars plus being invested in our country. That's many times more than any country has ever had. We don't want to be wasting time. So they tried to basically renegotiate the great, big, beautiful deal. They didn't. They weren't able to get it, and now they said, let's close up our country. We'll see if we can get it. You assume everything you just said there will have some people very pissed about it, and then obviously the rest of the world, the United States of America, will be very excited that the government is back open.
Speaker 3: So I think that deserves a big ooh role. Yeah. I think loving that the government's back open.
Speaker 4: Here, we've got the military paid anyway. Pat, you have to understand there's no way we weren't going to pay.
Speaker 2: The military ratings machine.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump lighting it up with Pat McAfee. And we know all those who are serving and have served certainly appreciate a commander in chief who is putting our military families first and is getting rid of some of the policies at the Department of War that were constraining our lethality. And that lethality has been on display. Six killed just yesterday in the operation off the Eastern Pacific. Health missiles and MQ nine predator drones were used in that attack. It's one of about twenty of these operations that we've seen. And again we will continue to get reaction throughout the balance of the week here as we are in Sin Salvador. Also, we are getting our way out of this government shutdown. It's something that Chuck Schumer brought upon the nation. And now the deal that seems to have brought us out the shutdown is one that will lock in funding for programs that are very important to Democrats, like SNAP and funding their own staff, while leaving a lot of people who are getting paid through the Department of Homeland Secure Security and the Department of War wondering whether or not in January when their funding runs out, Democrats will again try this silly, silly prank on the American economy and the American people. That has been certainly a devastating one when you look at the impacts on production and on air traffic control and travel and all of the things President Trump is working to optimize. We had Congressman Keith self react to the deal. He thinks it's a good one. Take a listener, This.
Speaker 5: Is a good deal, Matt because this cr has nothing about the Obamacare subsidies in it.
Speaker 3: I think that's the next big fight now.
Speaker 5: I understand that we are going to have to reform SNAP, but we don't have the time to do it now.
Speaker 1: Congressman self makes an interesting point. It's a good deal insofar as Republicans that do not have to make any concessions on all of the Obamacare spending Democrats wanted. Let's remember when this shutdown began, Democrats had a long list of demands that ranged from usaid to restoring federal workers to even silly stuff like the foreign aid and other activities that had long been dispensed by dog.
Speaker 2: President Trump stood his ground.
Speaker 1: He did not extend those Obamacare subsidies and instead is forcing Democrats to the table. Here's our concern, wait for what happens in January. January is not some distant time far away. In January, Chuck Schumer and the Democrats might try this again.
Speaker 2: They may try it again.
Speaker 1: If they do try it again, they will have an environment before them that allows them to have snap recipients continuing to get their federal support. While people who are involved in the deportation effort, people who are securing our border, people who are wearing the uniform of our country may be left wondering. We'll get into all of it tonight. Joining us now, a key member of the House Armed Services Committee Outstanding at Florida Republican Congressman Corey Mills. Congressman Mills, we have a lot to get to the shutdown Veterans Day, but let's start with this campaign in the Eastern Pacific and the Caribbean to go after the narcos. Six people killed yesterday with MQ nine predators and hell fire.
Speaker 2: Missiles being used.
Speaker 1: What would be your assessment of the campaign so far, Well, look.
Speaker 6: I think the campaign has been very successful. This is the twentieth strategic strike that we've had. You've got where a president now in office is not only looking at secure our borders, but stop turning a blind eye to the cartels attacks on American communities. So what we're looking at here is things are verified intel. These are coming out of cartels and terrorist networks that are actually being launched in international water. So what we're doing is we're trying to keep America safe, in our community safe. We've got tens of millions of families who actually deal with the kind of plague of addiction that their family members have suffered from, as well as for fentnel overdoses that was at record numbers under the Biden administration. So I'm all for with the Secretary of War and President Trump's doing to continue to try and keep America safe.
Speaker 1: As a Floridian, you're well attuned to the situation in Venezuela, so many Venezuelans living in the Sunshine State. Do you think that Maduro survives this onslaught of pressure from the Trump administration, You.
Speaker 6: Know, I think that's going to be up to the actual people of Venezuela. The one thing that I'll say is is that cutting off his continual flow of revenue will certainly put a pinch point on him and his.
Speaker 7: Ability to continue to fund these types of activities.
Speaker 6: And so I think that, you know, whether it's Venezuela or whether it's Pedro and Columbia or others, I think they're all notice that this president isn't going to sit by idly and allow Americans to continue to be poisoned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if Maduro falls, I think like the days that come after, I'll probably see Corey Mills on some rescue mission in Venezuela trying to help Americans.
Speaker 2: Get out of there.
Speaker 1: The people of Venezuela voted overwhelmingly for the first time on mat the military of Venezuela just stepped in and declared victory for Maduro.
Speaker 2: Do you think the people of.
Speaker 1: Venezuela have the ability for regime change in the absence of some US support.
Speaker 6: Well, I think they could, and I think they need to be looking around to the partners in the region.
Speaker 7: To try and go ahead and help and support those efforts.
Speaker 6: I mean, I look at areas like Syria, or look at areas across the world where people have risen up and actually overthrown dictators and tyrannical rule that had lasted for decades, in some cases generations, And so I think that Venezuelan people will eventually get to that point where they're tired of it, the same way as the people in Brazil are when it comes to the political law fare that goes on down there, like the imprisonment of Balsonaro. So I think that the Latin America and Caribbean area is starting to wake up to the realities of freedom.
Speaker 1: It's so interesting that you've got the left pull of Lula and Petro and Maduro, and then you have Melee and President Bucella and others trying to cast a more productive and I would say more hopeful vision.
Speaker 2: We'll see which way Latin America goes.
Speaker 1: But let's return our focus to the United States, where.
Speaker 2: Schumor seems to have finally released.
Speaker 1: Enough votes to get out of this shutdown. What's your assessment of the deal coming over from the Senate.
Speaker 6: Well, look, it's really not that different than the deal that we originally sent over. It doesn't necessarily fund the entire continued resolution that we'd want at the funding current levels. You know me, I've never been a big fan of continuing resolutions. I think Congress needs to start doing their job and getting the twelve single point approparation bills in place that we fought so hard for, as well as for the germaneness of each bill.
Speaker 7: But this at least guarantees us things.
Speaker 6: Like being able to pay our military, being able to allow military construction to continue on our veteran affairs to go on, but also agriculture where we have people who are actually in need when it comes to things like the child nutrition programs, when it comes to the women infant in child programs, So being able to have the ag programs and a couple of the others, about nine out of the twelve to be funded through at least January thirtieth, and in some cases one year, like the AG bill does out to September thirtieth, does give us enough leadway and runway to be able to start looking at this.
Speaker 7: But look, this is.
Speaker 6: On the Democrats. This is the Schumer shutdown. They played politics with the American people and held them hostage. We had military who hadn't been paid in months, and with the average person having only about three thousand dollars in their bank account.
Speaker 7: This is detrimental when you talk.
Speaker 6: About the fact that for forty days they're not being paid and laid off, not to mention how this impacted our TSA employees, how it impacted air delays and cancelations, what type of additional risk this took. So look, political bargaining doesn't you know, and shouldn't be actually utilized in trying to you know, detriment to national security or to what the American life should be.
Speaker 1: Do you think they'll try it again in January? You know, this continuing resolution is only for a couple of months, and if Democrats think they have the wind at their back and shut down politics, I'm worried they may try it again, this time without the pressure points of their legislative staff not being paid and the staff benefit's not going out.
Speaker 6: Well, that's exactly right, and that's why we need to pass things like to Pay Your Troops Act, which guarantees that our military doesn't ever have their benefits stop whatever Congress fails to do their job.
Speaker 7: But we also have to look at the timeline.
Speaker 6: The original cr would have basically funded US through November twenty first. What they wanted to do, though, was play politics until the mayor and governor races were over so they could go ahead and try and support their candidates.
Speaker 7: So this was really about.
Speaker 6: Trying to not just play politics, but trying to see if they could steal a couple of extraceipts.
Speaker 7: And so, like you just said.
Speaker 6: I think that in January we're going to see a very similar thing. But let's hope the Democrats have learned their lesson by then.
Speaker 1: You have regularly been one trying to change the way Congress budgets. Now it seems if you're able to get this continuing resolution of January, there will be some work for Congress ahead before the midterms. Chip Roy was on the program recently and criticized Congress for kind of jogging behind the Trump administration, not really leading. Are there some issues you think Congress could lead on ahead of the midterms that would give Republicans better prospects?
Speaker 6: Well, I think that Congress has been lacking this entire time. I mean, if you think about it, the president ladies agenda out throughout the entire campaign trail, we should have already have known exactly what executive orders were coming down, of which ones we could call a find a law.
Speaker 7: It's like the DOJAC that I actually.
Speaker 6: Submitted months and months ago, which has never actually gone through committee or come forward, that would guarantee that we still continue to look at waste, fraud, and abuse. And so, my great colleague and your colleague Chip Roy's exactly right. Congress is a step up and start doing their job, not dragging their feet. And I'm fine with the fact that we should be working five six days a week all the way through the end of the year to be able to go ahead and start getting things done because President Trump's America First agenda cannot be slow rolled to the midterms, and so let's just continue to get in there and let's get the job done.
Speaker 1: Finally, Congressman, I know how much you care about America's veterans. You give so much of your time and your resources to veteran causes. What are your reflections on this Veterans Day and what do you want Americans to take away from the holiday.
Speaker 7: Look, Veterans Day is such an important thing.
Speaker 6: It's it's sad to actually say that we should be taking better care of our veterans than we do criminal migrants who are crossing our borders. But when you look at the history of this, it's such an important thing. As you know, Veterans Day used to be known as Armistice Day.
Speaker 7: It was the day that Woodrow.
Speaker 6: Wilson in nineteen nineteen had declared after we had stopped the war in nineteen eighteen, on the eleventh hour of the eleventh month of the eleventh Day. And then after World War II in the Korean War, it was President Eisenhower who then renamed it Veterans Day in honor of our veterans. And so I think that our veterans don't just deserve a day, they deserve any day for the rest of their lives.
Speaker 7: I mean, they've.
Speaker 6: Actually put that uniform on and been willing to die for this country. And so all of our members in uniform, all those who have worn it. I salute you, I appreciate you, and thank you so much for standing up because this country wouldn't be free without you.
Speaker 2: A happy Veterans Day to all.
Speaker 1: Indeed, Florida Congressman Corey Mills, a key member of House Armed Services Committee, someone who knows what time it is in the world, We appreciate you being on the program and sharing your expertise.
Speaker 7: Thanks Matt, and.
Speaker 1: Coming up we will check in on how the administration is viewing these machinations on Capitol Hill and what their expectations are for the coming weeks and months. Daniel Baldwin, our chief White House correspondent, is with us next.
Speaker 8: Viewers are always asking me how can they watch away in live? The solution is simple. It's a streaming platform called cloud tv. Now it's spelled klowd TV. Simply go to cloudtv dot com and subscribe to watch twenty four to seven live feeds of OAYN. The live package is only two dollars and fifty cents per month for all you can watch again, simply.
Speaker 3: Go to cloudtv dot com and do it today.
Speaker 8: Hey, did you know that one America news network has launched a twenty four to seven Twitter like social media replacement. We're calling it free Talk forty five. So why is it branded free Talk forty five. Well, free talk because you will not be censored for expressing your opinion there, and forty five because forty five is a really lucky number. So join us at free Talk forty five and express yourself with no fear of cancelation. Ever, Hey, if your cable provider doesn't offer one America News Network, you should get them a call and kindly demand that they carry OAYN. Now you're the customer, and without your feedback, your cable provider will not know that there is a strong demand across this country for one America News network. So please call your cable company today and kindly ask or demand that they add OAANN to their channel Lineup. Hey, everyone, here's a question for you. What does Roku TV, Apple TV, and Amazon fireTV all have in common? The answer is that all three platforms offer you the ability to live stream one America News Network from your Roku TV, Apple TV.
Speaker 3: Or Amazon Fire device.
Speaker 8: Simply go to the app store search out FORAAN, then enjoy all the great programming offered by including my show real America.
Speaker 4: Under my leadership, we're also fighting for the great veterans who have always always been there for us, and especially when we needed them and needed them most. In nine months, the Trump administration has cut the backlog of VA benefit claims in half. We've added more than one million extra service hours across the VA centers.
Speaker 2: And we've opened twenty new.
Speaker 4: Facilities in thirteen states. We also have brought back VA choice and VA accountability taken away by the Biden administration as we fired thousands of people who didn't take care of our our great veterans joining us now.
Speaker 1: OAN's chief White House correspondent Daniel Baldwin. So, Daniel, how was the President enjoying Veterans Day?
Speaker 9: Listen, Matt. We all know the President loves veterans, probably as much as anybody. He always bounts to make sure that he honors them appropriately, and we saw him earlier today at Arlington National Cemetery honor them in a very appropriate and dignified way, both him and the Vice President and the Secretary of Veterans Affairs Doug Collins, making sure that veterans got the deserved recognition, made sure that the administration understood and offered their gratitude upon veterans on behalf of the nation, making sure that they felt appreciated here today, of all days, on Veterans Day, Matt, so, definitely a solemn day full of gratitude, especially on the President's behalf.
Speaker 1: I have heard from some veterans with mixed emotions about the Syrian president making a White House visit. But President Trump talks to our friends, talks to our enemies, and is working to see peace take holds throughout the world. What were the feelings, emotions, plans around this visit from the Syrian president and does President Trump hope that that could lead to even more progress on the Abraham Accords and other critical features of his Middle East policy?
Speaker 9: Matt that anyone that the President is willing to talk to anyone, anywhere, anytime, any place when it comes to trying to make peace, make peace. The President is a peace maker. That's something that the White House has been emphatic with. The President wants to have a legacy where he leaves the world a better place leaving the White House than it was when he was coming in. And we've seen the President be relentless in his pursuits of trying to make sure that killings everywhere stop. I think this is probably another example of the President trying to pursue this peace making policy. Obviously, that's sort of been the message from the White House that the President is looking to try to make peace when it comes to that. Obviously, there's been some rumors about whether or not Syria will join some group to try to stop the Islami State isis, so to speak. But of course the President looking to try to make peace in this region, trying of course to perhaps get them on board with the Israel the Abrahams, as you mentioned. But again this is another example, I believe, of the President looking to make peace in any way that he possibly can met.
Speaker 1: And as all this is going on, Congress seems to be stumbling out of the Schumer shutdown, the Senate of passing this key legislation, sending it over.
Speaker 2: To the House.
Speaker 1: House members rushing back to Washington.
Speaker 2: To quickly approve it.
Speaker 1: And get it to the President's desk. But we have also heard Cabinet secretaries like Sean Duffy say that this won't all just go back to normal the moment the shutdown ends. What type of shutdown hangovers are the White House preparing for in the days and weeks ahead.
Speaker 9: Listen, that's exactly the point, right. Duffy is probably the one who best best be best to speak about it eloquently. But I will tell you that there were some nerves, not just I would say it just so specifically in the a industry. I have some sources who work in the aviation industry, and Matt, I can tell you that they were incredibly nervous, specifically this week, about whether or not we would get a resolution to this shutdown. And it does appear we will get one, of course, Speaker Johnson working with a two vote margin. But of course there are some Democrats in the House who might join rank with Republicans. It would be a bad look if they weren't able to get that through tomorrow evening. But I can tell you that in the aviation industry, Matt, there were definitely some nervous nellies about what this would look like if there wasn't a resolution. Considering what date is coming up very quickly on the calendar, we all know that Thanksgiving is coming up in the better part of two and a half weeks. Is the busiest travel schedule in the United States on the calendar year. We had the Vice President on record talking with Sean Duffy at the Sticks at the White House about a week or two ago, saying, if there was a shutdown during Thanksgiving, it could be a disaster. It could be a disaster for Americans. Think about all the college students trying to get home. So the quicker that they could get this back to normal, the better give them as much possible time to transition and try to get things going as normally as possible before the Wednesday of Thanksgiving. That that seems to have been the goal, because right when you think about these air traffic controllers, the thirteen thousand of them that ultimately haven't been getting paid since October first, some of them may have taken a second job, some of them may not be showing up to work. We know the President is recommended a ten thousand dollars bonus for any of them who have continued to work without calling out sick at all. But there may be a bit of a transition for ultimately things to get back to normal. The President has pledged to upgrade air traffic controllers, but ultimately the bottom line is that the more grace period that they have to get things going as normally as possible before Thanksgiving the better. And that's sort of why this lot of pressure on the House to just get this to the President's desk as quickly as possible tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: And I don't begrudge my friends the White House who are very concerned about our fellow Americans facing these challenges during the holidays, wanting to get back to the nuts and bolts of the Trump agenda productivity, lower costs, attacking the affordability crisis.
Speaker 2: But Daniel, you know what I worry about.
Speaker 1: I worried that Democrats may be setting up for a January shutdown where they'll have better cards, well, where they'll have a better hand, where they won't have to worry about their staff not being paid because they've done a full year of legislative appropriations in this deal, and they won't have to worry about snap benefits not going out to people that are a core constituency of the Democratic Party. Do you think the White House is preparing for a January shutdown or is all the focus on the here and.
Speaker 9: Now all four I will tell you, Matt, the main priority from the White House is getting this government reopen as quickly as possible and making sure that people are taking care of right here, right now. Listen, January is two months away. We do know that, and I'm sure this might be on the back of their minds, because it's possible it was a thought of mine, Matt too. Could we be right back here again, maybe January twentieth and hackem Jefferies, and Chuck Schumer are pulling the same type of bs at this point in time. That's a conversation for then, of course. But the White House is trying to deliver on lowering costs for Americans, and they already have, Matt. Listen, they already have. The whole of the Biden administration, Doug, Americans in has been so deep that it's going to take time to get out of. The Trump administration has already delivered on it to a certain extent with regards to energy prices and gasoline. But of course we do know they'd much rather be focusing on delivering tangible material results that impact Americans on their day to day life then dealing with another possible shutdown in January. But again, we still have to get through this House vote tomorrow, and then if they do, then perhaps we can start game planning for a possible January shutdown.
Speaker 1: It is all ahead in the battlespace, and Daniel Baldwin will cover it like no other our chief White House Coursepondent. Thanks for joining us on the program and coming up, we had to Texas for the strangest story I've covered in all of twenty twenty five, and involves a congressman who's being accused of having an affair and someone who lit themselves on fire tragically.
Speaker 2: We'll bring up to speed next.
Speaker 8: Hey, did you know that One America News Network has launched a twenty four to seven Twitter like social media replacement. We're calling it free Talk forty five. So why is it branded free Talk forty five? Well, free talk because you will not be censored for expressing your opinion there, and forty five because forty five is a really lucky number. So join us at free Talk forty five and express yourself with no fear of cancelation. Ever, Hey, if your cable provider doesn't offer One America News Network, you should give them a call and kindly demand that they carryan Now you're the customer, and without your feedback, your cable provider will not know that there is a strong demand across this country for One America News Network, So please call your cable company today and kindly ask or demand that they ADDANN to their channel lineup. Hey everyone, here's a question for you. What does Roku TV, Apple TV, and Amazon fireTV all have in common? The answer is that all three platforms offer you the ability to live stream One America News Network from your Roku TV, Apple TV or Amazon Fire device. Simply go to the app store search out FORAN, then enjoy all the great programming offered by including my show Real America. Hey, did you know that video clips from my program Real America and all the other talk shows offered by One America News Network are available to you for free on.
Speaker 3: OA and N dot com.
Speaker 8: You can also enjoy the latest in breaking news videos by VISITINGA and N dot com. Make sure you stay informed and visit OANN dot com daily. And if you'd like to show support and wear some support for One America News Network, then visit our online store for the latest shirts, hats.
Speaker 2: And mugscome.
Speaker 1: I'm going to update you on the craziest story I have covered in twenty twenty five, and it brings us to the Lone Star Republic in Texas and specifically the district of Congressman Tony Gonzalez. Now Congressman Gonzalez has been in the House of Representatives for some time. He's been one of the voices in favor of some of the more lenient, amnesty light versions of Republican immigration policy. But now the challenges around his candidacy for re election seem to have a bit of a personal flare. You see, Representative Gonzales's district director very tragically lit herself on fire and died, and there were a lot of questions about that.
Speaker 2: We don't make light of it.
Speaker 1: Anytime someone's life is extinguished early, it is something that we lament greatly. There were some concerns that her emotional state may have been impacted by the interactions and relationship she had.
Speaker 2: With her boss, the congressman.
Speaker 1: Some are concerned that that relationship had turned romantic, and the Congressman and his former district director, now passed, were married, and that of course can create a lot of angst in someone's life. We brought on Tony Ortiz from The Current Revolt, the paper of record in Texas, and he shared this reporting.
Speaker 10: We spoke to our sources, especially those close to the congressman's office. They alleged to us that the woman who passed away had been maybe having a romantic relationship with the congressman. We did reach out to the congressman's office for official comment. They did provide us a comment, but no mention or denial of a relationship.
Speaker 1: Now, after this reporting from the Current Revolt, the Daily Mail followed up with the congressman. They repeatedly asked the congressman's office whether or not there was a romantic relationship between him and his former district director. They did not get a denial to the question about a romantic relationship, and that struck us as very odd. It struck the Daily Mail as very odd. Now there is a political dynamic playing out here as well. Tony Gonzalez was challenged in the primary last year by Brandon Herrera, a well known gun rights activist who is quite famous on YouTube as the Ak Guy, and recent polling from the Trafalgar Group suggests that Herrera may be within striking distance of Gonzales. This has caused a lot of the establishment types in Washington, d C. To view Herrera as more of a fire brand to view Gonzales as someone who may be embattled in this loss of a staff member that he can't explain through clear answers. Regarding a potential romantic relationship, we would note that House rules prohibit any romantic relationship between members of Congress and their staff. Joining us now Texas Republican congressional candidate the ak guy. You know I'm on YouTube as a great gun rights activist, Brandon Herrera.
Speaker 2: So, Brandon, we've been following.
Speaker 1: Your campaign against Congressman Gonzales very closely. It seems it has some facts that you don't usually see in a political campaign. What's the state of the race.
Speaker 2: Well, I think things are looking good.
Speaker 11: We're mostly focusing on running a positive campaign right now. I know a lot of the grassroots support here in the district has been overwhelming, and they've just been really tired of having Tony as their representative for a long time, for many years now. Trust me, I sympathize.
Speaker 2: It's the entire reason I'm in the race.
Speaker 11: We just really need to start getting these bad, squishy Republicans out and start putting good ones in, ones that actually want to put America first and not just talk about it. In their TV ads.
Speaker 1: It's a very policy driven campaign, but one can't help but notice the former district director of the congressman lit herself on fire, fatally tragically, and the congressman won't answer questions about whether or not he was having an affair with this married staffer, as he was also married. Do you think that's fair game for a political campaign?
Speaker 11: You know, I've tried to avoid it because I try to stay on policy. I feel like policy is as I didn't do any person attacks last cycle, and I've tried to avoid them this time as well, just because I think policy is what matters.
Speaker 12: At the end of the day.
Speaker 11: Though I really am disappointed with Congressman Gonzale's reaction to this.
Speaker 2: This is one of those times.
Speaker 11: This is one of his people, and this was a very, very tragic and violent situation, and I think the least he can do to comfort the voters of his district is deny some of the heinous accusations that have been levied against him. But he hasn't even so much as denied it, and in fact, he's gone into hiding. He's canceled events with the media. He clearly doesn't want to answer any questions on this that aren't scripted, and it's just embarrassing behavior from a congressman. This is a time when something like this happens, you need more leadership and not less. And he's hiding in a basement somewhere, probably the same one Joe Biden hit in last campaign.
Speaker 1: It could be a crowded basement for those hiding from the media. I do want to get into this story from the Daily Mail, Brandon, because it reports that there are people scurrying around on Capitol Hill trying to find a replacement for Congressman Gonzalez if this scandal ultimately scuttles his reelection prospects. You sound like a very common sense person. You're running on policy, You believe what most Republicans say they believe in their campaigns. What do you think it is about you that has the Republican leadership so unwilling to fairly consider your candidacy.
Speaker 11: I think a lot of the Republican establishment chooses the candidates that they hand select and know that they can control when it comes to votes in DC. That's what Tony is. He was a hand select candidate. He was asked to run in this district. He's a guy that they can vote on, they can count on to vote for whatever they want, whether it's good or bad for the district, good or bad for the country. They can rely on him as being an easy company man, and they know that I'm a principled conservative, and I think that that scares a lot of them. But honestly, I think trying to find somebody else in a race like this is a mistake. I mean, our fundraising is twice what it was last time, and last time we only lost by about four hundred and seven votes. We came very close to winning this primary, and it's an unlosable district for us. It's very conservative, especially after the redistricting. So I think that all of the money that the establishment could be pouring into finding a new candidate to run against me, somebody that agrees with the vast majority of the things they believe in, very conservative, very America first ideologically, they could be pouring that money against fighting the Democrats and what's going to be a very contentious midterm. I think that this is the time we need to start uniting against the Democrats instead of trying to spend millions of dollars fighting fellow Republicans.
Speaker 2: I only have a few seconds left.
Speaker 1: But Tony Gonzalez was one of the main proponents of red flag laws nationally, being sort of cajoled out of states. Would you file legislation to repeal Tony Gonzalez's red flag law if you were elected.
Speaker 2: I'd love to.
Speaker 11: It's one of the many things that Tony's done that I completely vehemently disagree with. As a principled conservative, we want to be strong on gun rights, strong on the border, and strong on fixing this terrible situation that the American economy's in.
Speaker 1: Brandon Herrera, Texas Republican running for Congress, The AK Guy on YouTube, thanks for giving us an update on the race.
Speaker 11: Always a pleasure, Matt, Thank you man.
Speaker 1: And coming up, we'll check in with Pearson Sharp on the current status of the war between.
Speaker 2: Russia and Ukraine.
Speaker 1: Russia has actually encircled Ukrainian cities. They are laying siege and will see what that means for the future of peace in the world.
Speaker 8: Don't go anywhere, Hey, if your cable provider doesn't offer one America News Network, you should give them a call and kindly demand that they carry OA in. Now you're the customer and without your feedback, your cable provider will not know that there is a strong demand across this country for One America News Network. So please call your cable company today and kindly ask or demand that they add OANN to their channel lineup.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, here's a question for you.
Speaker 8: What does Roku TV, Apple TV, and Amazon fireTV all have in common? The answer is that all three platforms offer you the ability to live stream One America News Network from your Roku TV, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire device. Simply go to the app store search out FORAAN, then enjoy all the great programming offered by including my show Real America. Hey, did you know that video clips from my program Real America and all the other talk shows offered by One America News Network are available to you for free ONANN. You can also enjoy the latest in breaking news videos by VISITINGA and N dot com. Make sure you stay informed and visit OANN dot com daily. And if you'd like to show support and wear some support for One America News Network, then visit our online store for the latest shirts, hats.
Speaker 3: And mugs.
Speaker 8: Viewers are always asking me how can they watch OAN live?
Speaker 3: The solution is simple.
Speaker 8: It's a streaming platform called cloudtv Now it's spelled klowd TV. Simply go to cloudtv dot com and subscribe to watch twenty four to seven live feeds of OAN. The live package is only two dollars and fifty cents per month for all you can watch. Again, simply go to cloudtv dot com and do it today.
Speaker 13: Russia's Defense Ministry says its forces are advancing in the Ukrainian city of Kraftsk, is dubbed the gateway to Donetsk by Russian media. Capturing it would give Moscow a platform to drive north towards the two biggest remaining Ukrainian controlled cities in Donetsk, Sloviansk and Kromatosk.
Speaker 1: They're seeping through our infantry positions because, as I said before, there is a critical shortage of infantry.
Speaker 2: So far, it's difficult. It's not critical yet, but it's difficult.
Speaker 4: It will be more difficult if there is a greater accumulation of Russian military personnel and if it drags on into the winter.
Speaker 1: We continue our close coverage of the ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine, and it appears as though the battle line movement right now is indeed favoring Russia, particularly in the Russian speaking Russian connected areas in eastern Ukraine.
Speaker 2: We have been miffed for some.
Speaker 1: Time and everyone involved in this war for not resolving it.
Speaker 2: It seems dumb to us.
Speaker 1: That whether it is American provocation or whether it is Russian belligerence, it's silly for Slaw to be killing other Slavs in a battle that, if we do not watch it carefully, could go nuclear. Russia has altered their nuclear doctrine. They have been saber rattling for quite some time, and we wonder whether or not the United States has continued funding of Ukraine is likely to bring the war to an end sooner. President Vladimir Zelensky does seem defiant in these times, despite the battlefield losses.
Speaker 2: Take a listen.
Speaker 14: Then, A fierce battle is ongoing for Pokrovsk. The Russians have been ordered to capture our city because they failed to take Sumi and Koupiansk. They know they're losing Kupiansk. The situation in Dobrapilia and Zaporigenzia is also clear. That's why they're fighting for Pokrovsk.
Speaker 1: Entire cities being laid siege. Two thousands more killed. President Trump wants to bring this war to an end, and we would like to see that come to fruition as well. But it means ensuring that both sides have an opportunity.
Speaker 2: To be able to achieve peace.
Speaker 1: It means both sides have to want peace, and at various times during this conflict, we're not entirely sure that's been the case. Ukraine has seen a huge increase in financial aid and weapons aids. Lensky's been paraded around the world as some second coming of Winston Churchill. We would dispute those characterizations and comparisons substantially. And Vladimir Putin meanwhile has seen economic growth in Russia. Many of the sanctions that have been imposed on Russia have functioned a lot like Trump's tariffs. They've created a redomesticated economic standing, and you're seeing more development, more construction withinside Russia.
Speaker 2: So what we'll bring this war to an end.
Speaker 1: Joining us now is our very own Pearson Sharp, host of The Sharp Report. He has traveled to Russia during this war and is covering this closer than anyone I know. Pearson, thanks for being here, you said in our last discussion on The Mackage Show, that you believed Russia would successfully move battle lines and thus they had no reason to agree to any type of ceasefire or cessation of hostilities. Precisely what you said has now come to fruition. So tell us what are you watching now as Russia is encircling cities that are controlled by Ukraine.
Speaker 15: I mean, it's the same thing everybody's seeing right now, that this narrative that Ukraine is winning has completely collapsed. And I think anybody who's been paying attention long enough understands that it's just there to prop up the war effort to continue driving funds into Ukraine. But this is obviously not working, and I think it's ultimately going to be a futile attempt. Russia has demonstrated with this that they are capable of holding ground, of gaining ground, and this is more than just a simple victory on the battlefield. This is a major win for Russia and it's a major law us for Ukraine because Pokrovsky isn't just you know, a random town. This is one of the major logistical hubs in that area in Dunbass and one of the last strongholds for Ukraine in that region, and losing. This opens up the doorway for Russia to move in and take the last three cities, last three major cities in all of Donbas, basically securing the entire region. And that's going to be a big black eye for Ukraine because they've they've proven now to their western allies they can't hold a ground. This is bad for them.
Speaker 2: You're right there.
Speaker 1: There's not a serious person right now suggesting that Ukraine is winning this war.
Speaker 2: Some suggest that with a.
Speaker 1: Different weapons package, with other material support, maybe they could change conditions, but frankly, that's been the stuff they've been telling us this entire time, as Russia has chewed up more territory and seemingly gained more ground. So I'm wondering, is there a way for a Ukraine to surrender in this battle, in this war with Zelenski still maintaining control of Kiev as the capital of an independent country.
Speaker 15: That's a great question. Because he's losing support rapidly right now. He is going to have to concede dramatically. He's either going to have to surrender or Russia is going to capture this territory, possibly all of Ukraine. Unless you know, the United States steps in and I'm pretty sure President Trump does not want to do that. But Zelenski is facing a pretty serious battle right now. There's there's massive corruption scandals in his government at this moment. One of his main allies, one of his main business partners, has been implicated, man named Mendich, has been implicated in this serious corruption scheme for laundering money. And so this is thrown into question the legitimacy of his entire cabinet at A bunch of members of Parliament are requesting the complete collapse and lack of faith in his cabinet right now. So he's facing a challenge, and I think that may be somewhat related to the fact that he appears to be losing the war as well. You know, if he was stronger, if he was gaining territory and stuff and holding his own against Russia, these claims of corruption might be a little less prominent. But he's in a weak position right now, and so he's going to have to start making concessions both on the battlefield and politically.
Speaker 1: When you briefed our audience last you had just returned from Russia and you've spoken with a number of policy figures there who were talking about the nuclear doctrine, and I hate to even say it, as President Trump says, we're against the N word, But in this case, I wonder if Russia's success in the conventional conflicts that have been occurring in the Dambis region actually make some sort of nuclear use less likely. I know that sounds almost counterintuitive, but when you saw Ukraine arguing that they would would advance the battle line, Russia was saber rattling pretty significantly. So where do you think things stand regarding nuclear risk today?
Speaker 15: I think that the big boys in the room, Putin and President Trump do not want to use nuclear weapons. Nobody does. That would be disastrous for the entire world. That'll be the end of the world, and they both recognize that. And so I think that the use of nuclear weapons really isn't on the table as much as it might be mentioned. I think that's more of a diplomatic tool, just sating on the other side that hey, we're serious. But when it came down to it, I really don't think anyone would go that far.
Speaker 1: When I have talked to you about this before, I've tried to pinion down on a timeline. How long can Putin would stand this is there fatigue within Russia over Slavs that are dying on the battlefield. Russia has engaged a new round of conscription that's typically not a popular policy. Are you looking at a timeline now or is it still the same construct in your mind where this is more about what is happening on the battlefields and the movement of the battle lines than the movement of dates on a calendar.
Speaker 15: It's way more about the movements of battle lines. I don't think there is a date in the calendar for this. Russia is clearly winning and for them this is a war of attrition, and when it comes to attrition, they can handle a lot longer war than Ukraine can. Ukraine is rapidly running out of materiel, personnel, morale, logistics, everything for them is falling apart. With this, they cannot stand in the long run. And as many have said up to now, this war would have been over long ago were it not for the massive amounts of Western support. So Ukraine really doesn't have a leg to stand on their timeline if we pulled out would be days. If that, you know, this is the end for them unless we continue to support them. So Russia can't afford to play the long run in this game, and that's what they're planning to do. And I wanted to mention something else that is not getting covered in the media is that we're not hearing about exactly what's going on in Pokrovsk and in these tities, in the ground and street fighting when it comes to who's doing the fighting, and right now, this is a battle with the Azov Battalion and they are infamous for being actual Nazis, and in Mariopol, in a similar situation, one of the worst battles of the war, they were accused. And I spoke to survivors of the war who said that they saw the Azov Battalion the Ukrainians using women and children as human shields. So the people in these towns that are being well in their words, liberated by the Russian forces, are being freed from these Azov battalions who are fighting there. So this is something that needs to be pointed out.
Speaker 1: Wow, we will be watching it very closely. Host of the sharper here on One American News, Pearson Sharp, someone who has.
Speaker 2: Been following this closely. We greatly appreciate your expertise.
Speaker 1: Thanks Matt I'm in San Salvador, El Salvador, and you know I did not come here without my travel pack and my travel kit from All Family Pharmacy. All Family Pharmacy has over three hundred medications, dietary supplements. They've got prevention, They've got ivermectin, hydroxychloroquin methylene blue. And here's the great thing. They connect you to a doctor. The doctor hooks you up the prescription and you get the medications delivered right to your door. You can even get overnight shipping available as well. You just go to Allfamilypharmacy dot com, forward slash MATT, enter code MATT ten that gives you ten percent. Often as we're rolling into the holiday season, I know you want to travel, I know you want to go see your family, but you want to spread good tidings, not your germs, and All Family Pharmacy can help you stand up for medical freedom, be resilient, and ensure you're in the best possible health to see your family. Check out all of the different things they have. You'll probably be surprised that medications you're already using for daily maintenance or prescriptions can be found from folks doing things the right way, standing up for you, and you'll even find some stuff that you're not going to get at the big box stores that are controlled by Big Pharma. It's all Family Pharmacy dot Com, Forward Slash, Matt code, Matt ten. Check them out today, get ready for the holiday season and all the fun coming off. There was a very public slaying in Guatemala, just next door to where I am right now. We'll get into what that means for the future of political killings and whether or not they're going to be coming to America at higher volume.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, here's a question for you.
Speaker 8: What does Roku TV, Apple TV, and Amazon fireTV all have in common. The answer is that all three platforms offer you the ability to live stream One America News Network from your Roku TV, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire device. Go to the app store, search out for an then enjoy all the great programming offered by on including my show Real America. Hey, did you know that video clips from my program Real America and all the other talk shows offered by One America News Network are available to you for free.
Speaker 3: On OA and n dot com.
Speaker 8: You can also enjoy the latest in breaking news videos by visiting oaan n dot com. Make sure you stay informed and visit oann dot com daily. And if you'd like to show support and wear some support for One America News Network, then visit our online store for.
Speaker 3: The latest shirts, hats, and mugs.
Speaker 8: Viewers are always asking me how can they watch OAN live?
Speaker 3: The solution is simple.
Speaker 8: It's a streaming platform called cloud tv now it's spelled klowd TV. Simply go to cloudtv dot com and subscribe to watch twenty four to seven live feeds of AAYN. The live package is only two dollars and fifty cents per month for all you can watch. Again, simply go to cloudtv dot com and do it today. Hey, did you know that One America News Network has launched a twenty four to seven Twitter like social media replacement. We're calling it free Talk forty five. So why is it branded free Talk forty five? Well, free talk because you will not be censored for expressing your opinion there, and forty five because forty five is a really lucky number. So join us at free Talk forty five and express yourself with no fear of cancelation.
Speaker 12: Ever, we seem to be in the public killings era of American politics.
Speaker 1: It's deeply saddening to us, and certainly this year has been marked by the assassination of Charlie Kirk while trying to extend free speech.
Speaker 2: And active discourse.
Speaker 1: And so we thought we would take a moment to analyze places in the world where public assassinations of political figures is common, and we hope that's not something we will ever arrive at in the United States, but it's important.
Speaker 2: To recognize the signs.
Speaker 1: As I join you this evening, I am within earshot of a killing that just occurred in the last several days in Guatemala. It was the killing of Jose Elias Ramirez. He's the former mayoral candidate in one of Guatemala's major areas and was just gunned down in daylight.
Speaker 2: And here's how they did it.
Speaker 1: A bunch of people dressed as construction workers in orange vests just surrounded Ramirez and a woman who was walking with and they shot and killed both of them. This was in broad daylight and seemingly to instill fear. We'll be discussing what that means for Guatemala and whether or not the United States should prepare for more political assassinations. Joining US now is Mario Duarte. He is the former Secretary of Strategic Intelligence for the country of Guatemala. He's currently leading Project Dynamo and is in Montego Bay, Jamaica, helping respond to the hurricane there.
Speaker 2: But Mario, I want to talk.
Speaker 1: To you about this violence in Guatemala, this killing of a former mayle oral candidate in broad daylight. How are people in Guatemala thinking about that assassination?
Speaker 16: Well, first of all, thank you for having me, Matt. Well, what you were seeing right now in Guatemala is pretty much the complete collapse of security, safety and the rule of law. What we are seeing is simply, you know, the criminal incapacity of the earling party, which is incapable of providing the basic needs of the country, which is security on some sort of stability. This is not an isolated event, unfortunately. This is just another one of targeted killings that show incredible degrees of violence. You can see that it's very organized, five individuals with military grade weapons and a targeted killing. Again, like I tell, like I just said, this is just another one in a stream of similar attacks. But that only adds to all these other different issues that we are seeing around the country. Just a couple of months ago, twenty terrorists gang members escaped from prison aided or proport aided by the minister and vice ministers of the Interior Ministry. Then also we have seen tons and tons of cocaine.
Speaker 2: You have your own government in the jail breaks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that doesn't Mario, that doesn't sound like your government is incapable. That sounds like the government of Guatemala is complicit and corrupt.
Speaker 2: Am I reading too much into that?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 16: Absolutely, The problem is that in their incapacity, they become corrupted, well right, because there is no other way for them to be able to do their job, so they have to actually negotiate pretty much with gangs or maybe even with cartels.
Speaker 3: We had not seen this.
Speaker 16: Level of violence since twenty eleven and twenty ten. In Guatemala. For ten years straight or twelve years straight, we see a monthly decline in homicide rates. Now we see a very steep climbing, and that's again because the government is corrupted and incapable of their job.
Speaker 1: We had a similar situation in El Salvador, where before President Bukel, the gangs were placated, they were coddled and President Bukela incarcerated them and freed six million people. Why doesn't the government in Guatemala just do what El Salvador did so their people can not fear these types of assassinations.
Speaker 16: Well, first of you know, unfortunately the Bukel solution is not necessarily applicable in a lot of countries. Guatemala has very specific laws because of our laws and our constitutional structure. And at the same time, our population is way bigger than salvor and also our infrastructure is a little bit more you know, difficult to go through to actually be able to have this type of processes. Plus, we have a very incapable and corrupt Congress. Just to give you an example, there are rumors that you know, bureaucrats from the United States Embassy in Guatemala interfere in the election of the of the of the board the presidency of Congress in order to put a leftist incline President of Congress in power. By that includes you know, granting the visa back to congressmen that have been accused of marcro traffic, making sure that their leftist corrupt players are actually somehow covered by the US embassy.
Speaker 3: And again this just.
Speaker 16: Adds to a string of actions by these corrupt bureaucrats in Guatemala that are using the cover of the United States to put and partisan left these actors in several positions of power.
Speaker 1: That sounds very troubling and it sounds like it make it worse before it gets better. But I do want to take a moment and ask you about your current work. You're in Jamaica right now helping the victims of the tragic hurricane.
Speaker 2: What are you seeing?
Speaker 16: Absolutely so. Project Dynamo is a five o't one C three rest organization based out of Florida. You know today we have a rescue over seventy five hundred Americans in thirty five different countries where current We actually were the first American rest organization to respond to Montigo Bay. You know, within twelve hours of the hurricane hitting Jamaica, we were able to help almost two hundred and fifty Americans. We evacuated fifty and right now we have serviced almost five hundred meals toleutary packs, water purification systems and as well tarps and immediate relief to the people here. You know this is not only project Is.
Speaker 2: God speed to you to have help? Yes?
Speaker 1: Well, God speed to you and that critically important mission.
Speaker 2: As a Florida man, I.
Speaker 1: Know how tough things can get after a hurricane. I can only imagine with the challenges that you face in Jamaica, and we hope for better days ahead for Guatemala as well.
Speaker 2: Mario Duarte, thank you for joining us on the program.
Speaker 16: Thank you, Matt, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: That's all the time we have.
Speaker 1: We'll be back tomorrow nine o'clock eastern, sixth Pacific.
Speaker 2: We will remain on location.
Speaker 1: We'll be talking to a lot of key folks in Latin America as operations ramp up against Venezuela and in the Eastern Pacific and in the Caribbean. Make sure to sign up for the OA and Live app if you haven't already, just go to OA and N dot com, follow me on X at Matt Gates, email us the Matt Gates Show at oann dot com, and of course stay right here because Fine Point with Hanell Ryan is up next. Let's go get them