Speaker 1: W Win Evan Win. I'll show you go bruinhead, except with sim Sweet pursuing in dounld out shaw shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what chilling at the eagle?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We dooing in three you clyd On the Doc got a habit for my house, a goat status. Howard's starting to get craddic. Shows that up multiply like a rabbit tuned in so out, crank it up, Pete the habit, I'm hang.
Speaker 3: Out with, locking in on the Lady, Kat, Christine, all up the lady, All right, Happy Friday, everybody.
Speaker 4: It's the world famous Ben and skin Show, Ben Rogers, Jeff skin Wade, for instance, nineteen eighty two growing up here in Richardson, Texas. Kevin kt Turner, the Pride and Joy of Only and Christina Kray little Baby corn Bread Ray from the Oatmeal Pizza Band, which is just the best Nrvana cover band on the planet.
Speaker 3: We're happy to be hanging out with you on a Friday.
Speaker 4: I think the best thing for us to start with is just kind of move forward with the Lucas stuff.
Speaker 1: You know, the.
Speaker 4: Weekends, it's probably time to put a bow on all that. We'll maybe talk about it once or twice on the rest of the show, But is there any lingering Lucas stuff we need to button up before we move on?
Speaker 3: I'm quiet.
Speaker 5: I'm curious about y'all's thoughts on this because I've seen a lot of discussion out there is did the Mavericks do the right thing with the tribute video? And also do you want to conflate it or make it a different conversation about the shirts that said thank you and Slovenian like, do you put those things together? Was one appropriate where they both inappropriate? And knowing that there's nobody that I have yet to meet a single person that was for the trade, Okay, so I'm putting that aside. The trade is made, he's coming. How do you handle it? Did they do the right thing?
Speaker 4: So there's people there's so I feel so bad for people that work for the Mavericks because nobody in the MAVs wanted this, but one guy or two guys, maybe j Kid and Nico, they wanted this trade. And that's my opinion, my take, And I don't think that their new governor, even under it could have been a cricket league. He had no idea he doesn't know anything about basketball. So you have the trade happening, which probably is the worst trade in the history of professional organized sports, maybe in the history of the word trade, maybe worse than any lunch room trade. That is, it may be the worst trade ever in all of trading. And so because of that, because people fell in love with their baby unicorn that received the baton from their retiring unicorn, I think it's so hard for people to move on. So I think it's an unfair dilemma. As my point, like, I don't think some people can process it and move forward. For me, I have no problem with the love that they showed Luca, because that's what should have been done.
Speaker 3: Like thank you for everything.
Speaker 4: The people who produced that didn't trade him, right, the people who made that didn't trade him. The organization they don't get to make that decision, so but they do get to put something like that together to show that they love him, and everyone in the house was there to show him love.
Speaker 5: So I don't have a problem with it. I think before I get my thoughts, let's go around the horn. What do you think they're kt.
Speaker 6: I feel like we need certainty on I feel like I want certainty and we don't need it. I want certainty on like who's involved in what at all times with every organization. We've done this with the Cowboys for many years. Is Jerry in charge or not? Is it Steven Jones and Will McLay. How much did McCarthy have to do with decisions or Garrett? So I always like want to know that stuff. I find all that to be fascinating. And with this, obviously Nico's were in the brunt of it. When it comes to a tribute video or t shirts or anything that's posted on social media, I always get the feeling that Nico has nothing to do with any of that stuff, cause you know, we all do you know YouTube shows for the MAVs, and we put to create content. We think it's okay, and you go read the comments and all the comments are fire n Eico, and you're like, well, you didn't even watch the show. You're just saying fire and Nico, that's like disheartening to me. So I was just like, want to know who's involved in what? And I feel pretty certain that Nico and I would imagine the owner are just not that involved in the idea of, hey, we're going to do a video. I could be wrong, but I feel like they're probably not. I'm separating that I guess.
Speaker 5: Before I throw Okay, what do you think, Christina, Because you saw the video, you were there in person?
Speaker 2: I did. I felt like it was really needed because we had him just ripped away from us and we didn't get to say bye, and he's finally back here. So I thought it was necessary and I was hoping it would give us all a little bit of closure. And I'm sure that's what they thought as well, like we kind of get some closure from it, when it kind of did the opposite, at least for me, it really just made it all worse.
Speaker 3: But I still loved it.
Speaker 5: I thought it was it was great just to be completely transparent on stuff. When I found out they were giving away shirts, my immediate reaction was huh.
Speaker 3: Um, I don't know about that. I don't know that I would have made that decision.
Speaker 5: But then when I walked into the arena and I saw the shirts everywhere, it suddenly felt like something more special and magnificent. And what I would say about the video is I didn't even watch the full video as it happened. I went back and watched it later because I was so suddenly sucked into watching Luca's face right, and so I was like, I mean, it just it was so emotional and overwhelming, and I understand everyone's anger and frustration, and I understand having the feeling going in that how dare they do this?
Speaker 3: I understand that.
Speaker 5: I guess what I would say is, after everyone witnessed what actually happened with the video and what it did to Luca and the performance afterwards, I don't really understand having that same opinion afterwards, like you saw one of the most special sports moments you've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was Someone asked me, what was it like calling the game.
Speaker 5: I was like, it was sad and weird and awesome, Like I was so entranced with Luca all over again, and I just kept thinking about watching him cry, watching that video and then just killing it six of eight from three, Like I've seen a lot of games that are hyped up and the guy's got to go out there and man, he's got the jitters. How many finals games have you seen where they're both chunking up bricks when the biggest lights are on you. So he thought he emotionally couldn't handle what that place, and again Ben said it, ninety nine percent of the people in the Mavericks organization probably higher didn't want the trade.
Speaker 3: They loved the man.
Speaker 5: They're devastated, and they showed him how much they loved him, and it moved him to tears. So like, I understand being bitter and Jaden going, how dare they do that? But I guess I'd say, did you not see what the result of that was?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 4: It was so much love for him and so much love from him back to everyone to have his lip quivering and crying. Clearly he was never going to leave here. He loved it here right right. And I saw Lakers fans that were upset, going, man, act like you're glad to be a Laker, you're crying about it?
Speaker 1: Like God, he didn't want it.
Speaker 3: He didn't even want to be a Laker, I hear.
Speaker 5: I also heard people that I really like and respect saying things like they purposely cut out a bunch of basketball and man, they had to shorten it. Yeah, okay, because it was in the starting lineups and one of the things that they wanted to do was they wanted and dude, there's no easy way to do this, but one of the things they wanted to do which they didn't have to do, which I think a lot of cynical people could argue made things worse, was show his connection to the community. Like I thought, the clip that stands out to me more than ning is that little girl grabbing his arm.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, so, yeah, if there's anything to it that would make the them look worse to do that, right, That's why you kind of just kind of got to realize that the people who made the trade were not involved on But I do think I assume they weren't involved in the making of the video.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I think it underscores how difficult this has been on everybody.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: And I'm telling you, the j Kid thing is fascinating to me. Uh you know the Babe Ruth quote before the game. Hey, it's some people are comparing the Babe Ruth. That's pretty cool. I'm like, wait, what what is going on there?
Speaker 3: He saw the tim Callishaw call on my thing? What on earth are you saying?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Wow, it is it was It was a It's been a weird time. It's been a weird time. But hey, kudos to the Mavericks on doing a great job.
Speaker 4: With all that all right, Coming up next, Skin has a philosophical question for all of us that's coming up in less than four minutes, so don't miss it.