Speaker 1: Our guy, Jeff Stewart owns relining their conditioning.
Speaker 2: Try not to go play golf with him one time. That's a great story.
Speaker 1: Hey dude, tell that Jeff Stewart story again about that time you played golf with him.
Speaker 3: When at it with I showed you're gone ruin in be except with simple step pursuing it. Hold out shaw shank through the sewer kid, Now what chill in that thin eagle? Yeah, we doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got that habit for my house or done? That is how it started hitting. Crattic show that enough multiply like a rabbit, dune in so out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 4: Imp hang out with my friend Rocket on the radio.
Speaker 2: My whole thrown boys Kin.
Speaker 1: Talking on the radio. It's time to again all ba bababy go Kat Christina.
Speaker 2: All the Mamart radio.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are indeed all up on your radio.
Speaker 1: This is the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thank you for tuning in, Thank you for listening, Thank you for making us a part of your daily routine.
Speaker 2: Now I am Ben Rogers.
Speaker 1: I'm joined by my close personal homeboy since nineteen eighty two. Grew up together here in Richardson, Texas. Jeff skin Wade, Hello, Metroplex Denizens, one of the most popular and famous and beloved JV athletes in the history of Only High School. Kevin kt Turner, ruf Right, the Pride and Joy Well. I don't want to minimize anybody else's involvement in this band, but one of the true stars of Oatmeal Pizza, the popular local Nirvana cover band, Christina k Ray Little Baby corn Bread Ray.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, Happy Wednesday.
Speaker 2: How you doing.
Speaker 5: I'm doing great espresso this morning, That's why I'm okay right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, good Well, I think that's a good drop. You should pull up you going.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, did you drink espresso or snort the beans?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I drink it like a normal all right.
Speaker 1: In fact, every day at the end of our intros, it trails out before we start talking.
Speaker 2: I'd really like to.
Speaker 1: Hear, Hey, guys, we're off and running on a hump day.
Speaker 2: Skin What does hump day mean to you?
Speaker 4: It's a day where you can just like you know, it's so it's right in the middle, yeah, and so you just straddle the week. Yeah, kind of grind it out, you know, yeah, and then just get on the other side and move on power thrust.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about you? Yeah, and for me, it's exactly that.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Christina. Have you seen Kevin here today?
Speaker 5: Yeah? All right, I was wondering, Yeah, is that for the bulldogs? Is that what you guys were?
Speaker 2: Is that what you guys were? Bulldogs? All right? Our shows just like a dog all day. I hope he does. I let it be a great bit. That is not a good hump day.
Speaker 1: I know you're bringing the dog humping thing to hey, but you need to bring more tizzle.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Oh no, you could see his lipstick.
Speaker 1: We need more tizzle sizzle. All right, here we go. Ok, yesterday's show was hilarious. You heard it at the beginning there. I had a hard time, like just I was power laughing through a Reliant air conditioning commercial. And by the way, we'll get back into relying AC because they were at Skin's house like a swat team, almost like the plumbers that descended on Travis Frederick's you know.
Speaker 2: Room there was.
Speaker 1: He's just enjoying a nice, comfortable day in Wisconsin. Then he suddenly sent something in the forest, like are they talking about me?
Speaker 2: And that's the real reason he retired.
Speaker 1: So we've got a great show planned today and we're prepared to prove it to you. We need you to listen to the whole damn thing, then share it with all your friends, comment on social media, tell everybody to listen to the Ben and Skin Show. But man, last night I was watching and listening to another show and I ended up finishing it today, and that is cir De Soroy and our own Jeff skin Wade was was on last night and I thought it was one of the best conversations I've ever heard about DFW Radio. Everything from the Ticket to the Fan, to one O three three ESPN to Live one oh five three to the Freak, every single thing that's happened to us a long hour adventure, and I just the most fascinating thing to it is to me, was this and that you know you have been friends with and we've known those guys forever, but you've been very close friends with Danny. You guys are involved in the music business together. Super shady by the way, right, I agree those books. I don't know what's happening there, but it's not legal. It is not legal, but he was. He said he learned five new things last night, like he had. There was so much that he didn't know. And I was watching that as you were talking about the Ben and Skin radio adventure, all the things we've been on, you know, the adventure we've been on, and all the different radio stations we've been on. And obviously I've lived that, but you just assume people know about your journey, and even your close friends truly don't, especially when it's such a long journey. And so I just found that our journey is really dumb. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like it is not normal by any stragedy imagination, and honestly, we shouldn't be here.
Speaker 4: Agreed, I have, We're on it. I'm not I'm not blowing smoke. We are here because of Ben. No, no, no, no, no, no, I'm hold on.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that.
Speaker 4: And you know, I'm a very confident person. I believe in myself, I believe in my abilities. But I can take a step back after all the time and look at and go, we would not be here if it wasn't for you and your personality and what you do.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel the exact same way about you. I don't think we would be here without you. We would be here with that. Gay, What are we doing we need Christina? I don't know that. Yeah, that's true. We're doing this for Prednant. Second episode of the night they banged with the new show. I loved hearing that, and I just want to advise people and direct people to it. If you've ever wondered about our radio business and how this all works and you want to hear about the inner workings, go check that. You should be listening to this podcast anyways. I mean, it's really good.
Speaker 2: I love what they're doing.
Speaker 1: What they're doing is so unique, and I just love those long form interviews where you can just go for an hour, yeah, and just really talk about whatever you want to talk about for that And it was just really really good. But man, I really enjoyed what you guys were saying. We've experienced. This is when we were on at the Ticket, we thought that was the whole world, that little bubble, And then when we went to Live on five to three and worked with Russ Martin over there, we were like, oh my god, there's so many people out here listening to this. Russ Martin Show that don't know anything about the ticket, and over the course of our adventure getting to go to ESPN and the Fan and all these different things that we've done, and then eventually over here at the Eagle. We always find listeners who are not familiar with anything we've done prior to this. And when we were on the Freak, it was really cool. I had so many people come up to me and go, man, I'd heard Mike Reiner's name, but I had never heard.
Speaker 2: Him before, So it's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's so many things you take for granted, and I didn't have time to bring this up.
Speaker 2: I wanted to.
Speaker 1: I kept thinking about the fact that a big contributor to our show we celebrated his birthday a few days ago, is Steve Shackleford. Yes, he's a.
Speaker 4: Forty year old guy that grew up in DFW and I consider him to be very with it, Like he's smart, he's savvy, he's consumed a lot of culture, pop culture. His sister is as an Emmy award winning rider on a very celebrated show.
Speaker 2: Like he's with it.
Speaker 4: And we met him because he listened to us on the Fan and I remember talking to him and he was like, yeah, I just never really checked out the ticket and I'm like, here's a guy who's with it, and it just was a blind spot form that he didn't care about.
Speaker 5: Dude, I had no idea until I started working there. I was like, who are these guys? Why are there so many people here at these random remotes? I had no idea.
Speaker 1: But the people that are there that work there, and that's good. I'm not just dissing them or anything, but they think they're the only thing that exists.
Speaker 2: In the world.
Speaker 4: And success can afford you that sort of attitude to the world. But it wasn't till me and Ben left and I was like, man, why was I such a snob? I was a snob when I was at the Ticket. I remember Jeff Catlan asking me about ESPN. One of the best things Ben and I ever did was work at ESPN. How much fun did you have working with Freido and Randy Galloway? So much fun, so much fun. And I remember one time We're in Katlan's office and Katlin was like, well, what do you think about ESPN's I got Dude, I don't listen to that. He goes, how can you not listen to your competition. I go, they're not competition. I don't listen to that. I was so such an arrogant ass about it because that mentality over there breeded that. And then once I got out of there, I was able to see the world in a different way.
Speaker 1: But I know there's a lot of people listening to this that are big Russ Martin fans, because obviously he held it down. He's an icon in DFW media. And you got into some of the stuff when we went to Live one O five to three. We thought we were going to work with Russ over there for a long time, and they ended up flipping that format to sports and they put him on the beach and they paid him to sit out for a year, and I think they he was making over a million dollars a year, I think. And you know, that was just a crazy time, Like we were literally scared that day. Yeah, some of the conversations that happened. You mentioned when we went out and talked to the program director out by the highway like it was the Sopranos, and uh, I just thought it was a great conversation, and uh so, yeah, you should go check that out. You should be subscribed to Circu de sroy it. But it was a really, really awesome conversation. I thought, did you enjoy it? I loved it. It was so much for their phone. Guys, all right, let's do this.
Speaker 4: Coming up next for the second day in a row, Ben, we discuss another musical icon has passed away.