Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang the pub quiz practice. Sure that hits you pal right in the quizzer. I'm David Flora.
Speaker 2: And I'm Annie Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trevia than there have been last minute upsets in the World Cup. Who so upsetting if you're the fan of the team that got eliminated. But to all of you still fighting, congratulations And for all of you who were cheering for other teams, feel free to cheer for Belgium. There's a good chance they won't beat Spade, but I'll cheer for them anyway because that's my country.
Speaker 1: They looked good in the last game they did.
Speaker 2: Sorry for any USA fans are sad.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I do feel bad for the players, but you know what, I don't feel bad about new patron. We want to give a big thank you to the fear of.
Speaker 1: The Fear of.
Speaker 2: That's not how you want us to say your name. Just shoot us a message and well, thank you again, and yee you both very kind. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: The best around.
Speaker 2: No one's gonna make eat a clown, okay? Is that it for business? David? Well, we are doing trivia the second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we get the zoom trivia on the eleventh. Oh that's soon, Yeah, July eleventh, that's our zoom Trivia noon Mountain time. And if you need the zoom link, let us know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we hope you can make it. It's always fun, it's always nice people.
Speaker 1: That's all the business.
Speaker 2: That's all the business. So here we go. This is how the show works.
Speaker 1: Wits Quiz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang Bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the Big Bang, a final round with three questions whose answers are all clues to one final question.
Speaker 2: Round one. Question one, the category is geography. Which bay forms most of the west coast of France and the northern coast of Spain. Question two, the category is biology. This question comes from Leela and the sugar Baby is thank Kilela and the sugar.
Speaker 1: Baby La and the sugar babies?
Speaker 2: Which color can the human eye distinguish more of than any other color? Question three, the category is food and drink. What are you doing if you're dining Alfresco? Question four, the category is animals. Peaking around two hundred tons in weight, What is the largest animal known to have ever existed? And now the answer is to round one? Question one? Which bay forms most of the west coast of France and the northern coast of Spain. Bay of the Gay? Question two? Which color can the human eye distinguish more shades of than any other color? Green? Question three? What are you doing if you're dining Alfresco? You're doing some outdoor dining?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? Why are you outside?
Speaker 2: Just be inside? Question four? Peaking around two hundred tons in weight, what is the largest animal known to have ever existed? Blue whale? We don't need no stinking dinosaurs.
Speaker 1: This is crazy to think about, you know, with how big dinosaurs were. But the blue well can get up to one hundred feet long, and I think up to two hundred tons depending on the type of ton, but around two hundred it's pretty big even still. But the biggest dinosaurs they found, there were some dinosaurs, some sauropods that were long, they were over one hundred feet, but they weren't nearly as heavy and big in terms of the girth. I guess they were lucky to get to half that size. Some of them got up to about one hundred and fifty tons, but blue whales have been measured at two hundred. Wow, it's just enormous. And then you see the picture of a you know, human swimming next to it, and we're about as big as their eye.
Speaker 2: That's pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Round two. Question five, The category is mythology. Europa was carried to Crete by Zeus in the form of a w Question six category Civics. This one comes to us from listener Jos.
Speaker 2: Thank you Jose, Thank you Jos.
Speaker 1: Which amendment to the US Constitution guarantees the right to a speedy and public trial? Question seven category theater. Picasso at the Lapanagielle was the first published original play written by which Wild and Crazy Guy. Question eight category video games? What is the name of the AI character who helps the player who often assumes the role of Master Chief in the Halo series? And now they answers to Round two. Question five. Europa was carried to Crete by Zeus in the form of what a bull. Zeus later recreated the shape of the white Bull in the Stars, which is now known as the constellation Taurus. It should not be confused with the Cretan bull that fathered the minotaurd was I shured by Heracles? Not the same bull. A load of bull, not the same load of bull? Question six. Which amendment guarantees the right to a speedy in public trial? The sixth Amendment? Question seven. Picasso at the Lapanagill was the first published original play written by which Wild and Crazy guy Steve Martin. Question eight, what is the name of the character who helps the player often master Chief in the Halo series? That is Kurtana. I think Microsoft played around with making their assistant named Kortana, didn't they like in real life for real humans in real situations.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Great, And that's it for the first half, which means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is history. This question comes from listener Nolan Aganlan. You will have forty five seconds to answer the following question. Since the Norman conquest of England in ten sixty six, there have been thirteen distinct names used by coronated English and then British kings and queens. Name them. Your time starts now.
Speaker 1: And that's time the thirteen distinct names used by coronated English kings and queens since ten sixty six. R William, Henry, Stephen, Richard, John, Edward, Mary, Elizabeth, James, Charles, George, Anne, and Victoria.
Speaker 2: Now if you said lady Jane, that's a great guest. She was not coronated.
Speaker 1: She was queen for nine days. Sounded like pretty bad situation for her that she just kind of got put in and then taken out of brutally. Yeah, But she never got coronated, so she wasn't named queen. She was just not coronated. She actually went to the Tower of London to wait for the coronation ceremony stuff and they got her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty brutal.
Speaker 1: They locked her up and said, nope, you are illegitimate. We're going to put these other people in and off with their heads.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Round three. Question nine. The category is math. The sequence of numbers where each number is the sum of the two preceding numbers is known as what. Question ten the category is literature. This question comes from Chris Z. Thank you, chrisy, Thank you, Chris in the Diary of a Young Girl, also known as the Diary of Anne Frank. What did Anne Frank call her diary as she wrote in it. For bonus points, who was it that had Anne Frank's Diary published? Question eleven? The category is music. Kate Pearson joined Ram on the song Shiny Happy People and is known for being a singer of which band? Question twelve. The category is television which titular fictional character coaches the also fictional team AFC Richmond and now the answers to Round three? Question nine. The quins of numbers were each numbers. The sum of the two preceding numbers is known as what Fibonacci sequence? Question ten? And The Diary of a Young Girl, also known as the Diary of Anne Frank? What did Anne Frank call her diary? As she wrote in it? And for bonus points, who was it that had the diary published? Ann Frank named her diary Kitty and often began passages with the words dear Kitty. And for the bonus points, Anne Frank's diary was published by her father, Otto Frank.
Speaker 1: Kitty was one of a group of eight imaginary recipients that she addressed in her writing in the first few months of nineteen forty two, and then in nineteen forty three, she standardized the form and consolidated all the recipients to just kill.
Speaker 2: Question eleven. Kate Pearson joined rim on the song Shiny Happy People and is known for being a singer of which band the B fifty two's.
Speaker 1: Hey, Fred Schneider, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm wondering why I wasn't asked to be on Shiny Happy Babba? Question twelve, which titular fictional character coaches the also fictional team AFC Richmond ted Lesso.
Speaker 1: And they're coming back?
Speaker 2: Huh, yeah they are. It seemed like they were going to do a spin off. But then I guess Jason to Dicas is like, well, you know what, guys, I'm back. I'm bad.
Speaker 1: I don't have anything better.
Speaker 2: It seems like a fun cast, Like yeah, I don't know. If I was part of that show, I'd be like, yeah, I'll stay on this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Round four. Question thirteen. The category is geography. This one comes to us from Major Data Like you Major, Thank you, Maja. Along with Gondwana, what is the name of the ancient continental land mass that included North America, Europe and most of Asia. Question fourteen category fashion. Who was the first German model to become a victorious secret angel. Question fifteen, category history, During the Revolutionary War, which leader had his statue in New York toppled and later melted into bullets? Question sixteen, Category space? What is the term for the appearance of a second full moon in a calendar month? And now the answer is a round four? Question thirteen, along with Gondwana, what is the name of the ancient continental land mass that included North America, Europe and most of Asia? Laura Asia. It seems a little a little lazy to me, Annie, a little what lazy? Oh La? You are Asia? Laura Asia?
Speaker 2: And major Data is married to Laura, so it's so fitting.
Speaker 1: Do you think this is one of those Laurel Yanni situations?
Speaker 2: I think every situation's a Laurel Yanni situation.
Speaker 1: David, it's the dressed Golden White. Question fourteen. Who is the first German model to become a victorious secret angel? Heidi Klum? Question fifteen during the Revolutionary War? Which leader had his statue in New York toppled and later melted into bullets? King George the Third? Ooh, that's some New York justice.
Speaker 2: Happy two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: Question sixteen, what is the term for the appearance of a second full moon in a calendar month blue moon.
Speaker 2: We did want to let everyone know that Jeopardy is hiring for a writer's spot. So if you are listening because you're a passionate trivia person and that's your dream job, go for it. Just Google and you'll find it.
Speaker 1: It'll pop up and it's under Sony Pictures on website and the only downfalls you'd have to move to California for the job. So if you're okay with that, go for it. Yeah. And if you're like, well, I'd rather work from home, wait for the next one.
Speaker 2: Right. That's it for the regular rounds, which means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category of this week's Big Bang Round is Film and Literature. We will give you three clue questions, which are all hints to one final question. The clue questions may not fall under the same category. Question one, Kingston is the capital and largest city of what country?
Speaker 1: Question two. Eight two thousand, five hundred year old bronze jar were found in an underground shrine in Italy in nineteen fifty four, with what food substance in them?
Speaker 2: Question three The man who would Be King stars Michael Caine in which other actor in the leading roles?
Speaker 1: And your Big Bang question again, the category is film and literature, part of a very successful media franchise. What is the name of the film that's the first in the film series, but sixth in the novel series?
Speaker 2: And now the answers to the Big Bang round Question one? Kingston is the capital and largest city of what country? Jamaica?
Speaker 1: Question two? Eight twenty five underd year old bronze jars were found in an underground shrine in Italy in nineteen fifty four, with what food substance in them? Honey? Still edible?
Speaker 2: Question three? The Man who would Be King? Stars Michael Caine in which other actor in the leading roles? Sean Connery?
Speaker 1: And finally, part of a very successful media franchise, What is the name of the film that's first in the film series but sixth in the novel series? The film that stars Sean Connery shot in Jamaica with a character named honey. It was Doctor No.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm not sure why they did this, but if you take the first six films in the James Bond series, it goes Doctor No from Russia with love Goldfinger Thunderball, You only Live Twice, and Diamonds Are Forever, And if you read the novels in order, you would read Casino Royal Live and Let Die Moonraker, Diamonds Are Forever from Russia with Love, and then Doctor No. And if you love James Bond, check out our bonus episode of All James Bond Trivia that Julian wrote for us because he did an amazing job. And we also got a message from listener Dan. Hello, Dad, Dan, I recall once hearing that the reason Heracles's wife was so upset was that Heracles brought home his mistress to live with them, assuming his wife would be fine with it. He was strong, but not too bright, he said, I did not a fact check this. I prefer to go with my faulty memory. And you know what, we didn't check it either because we thought that was funny enough to add if it's true or not. So if you are wanting to memorize that, please fact check. Thank you Dan for writing that in thank you, Thank you for our new patriots, and go get that Jeopardy job, guys, go apply. We would love to hear that you got it.
Speaker 1: That's right, and don't forget. We have Zoom Trivia this Saturday, the eleventh, Mountain Time. If you like what we do, feel free to buy us a coffee at ko dash Fi dot com, slash quiz bang Pod or join our Patreon at patreon dot com slash quizbang. We appreciate all the support, and we appreciate you listening for this episode of Quiz Quizbang Bang. I've been David, Flora
Speaker 2: And Flora here's looking at you, quiz