Speaker 1: It is hump day. Welcome to the show. December. I'm sorry September eleventh, customer times. Merry Christmas, everybody. I was just hoping the election was over already. That's what my brain is, all right. So we'll get to the debate in a second here, but it is obviously nine to eleven. It is our generation's pearl harbor. And I do want to commend our newsroom for playing a lot of the sound from the other events that happened that day, not just the towers. Like we focus on the towers a lot, and we forget about that flight in Pennsylvania where those guys took over and said, let's roll. You know, forget about that plane that barely got over that. I mean, it's a miracle that hit the Pentagon, but it did, and people died in that thing. And we sometimes forget. We don't forget, but we don't talk about those events enough.
Speaker 2: And how soon some of us forget about our first responders. After that day, people were so uplifting and glorified, as they should a lot of our first responders.
Speaker 3: Now it's not the case, and.
Speaker 4: We continue to lose them to cancer after being exposed to the toxins at ground zero. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I still remember that day.
Speaker 2: I think all of us in this room probably remember exactly where they were. We were all at work, and I remember I heard that a plane hit the World Traits are I thought it was Sessna and.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, me too. I was playing golf with Rocky Night.
Speaker 4: I was watching it live and we saw smoking. What is going on? And then the second plane hit in real time? I say, what what is this? This is fake? This is what is this.
Speaker 3: I remember when they.
Speaker 2: Hit the Pentagon, I thought, well, we live off close to Fort Knox.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the secondary target, Fort Knox.
Speaker 2: And then I just started thinking, if they hit the Pentagon, all bets are off.
Speaker 3: Nobody's safe. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We were playing golf and I had my Nokia phone. Remember the Nokia phone foot phones? Yeah, so they know, just the regular Nokia, those tiny little ones. Yeah right, So I had that one and it kept rattling in the golf cart. In our rule if you're going to play golf was you're not answering your cell phone. So it kept rattling, and especially because it was my wife, and I was like, it's Jackie and she's gonna want to know what speaking of rattling the color socks I'm wearing or whatever, and I'm going to like, it's blue, I'm playing golf. So it rattled three four times in a row, and that sent a signal of, oh, you better answer this, dumbass. So I answered it. We played one more hole and then I said, maybe we should go up. This sounds like we should go up to the clubhouse and watch this thing. And we did. We stood there in Hidden Creek golf course, a clubhouse. There was no one there except the guy that runs this place, Rocky Night and Tony Venetti, and were standing there looking at the screen for about forty five minutes, and we looked at each other and go, we should probably go.
Speaker 4: Did you guys visit the Air Force Museum or I'm sorry, memorial on the Outer Flight?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, it was. It wasn't It wasn't built. When Tony was there.
Speaker 4: That it's on a hill overlooking the Pentagon and they say, look to the road and there's a hotel there, and they said, like some of the dishes and things were knocked off the hotel by the wheels of the plane. Yeah, that hit the Pentagon.
Speaker 1: He had to of there's like a six feet span basically of being able to dive that quickly and hit the Pentagon and he missed that roof by just that. You're right, the antennas.
Speaker 3: Yes, all of the events.
Speaker 2: Were so horrific, But I think what was the most gut wrenching. I mean I wanted to to vomit and still do when I picture this is when that first tower collapsed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought, my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah they I think the one thing that I remember from that night was the two guys on the boat in the river, in the Hudson River, the snipers, and then the visual of the F eighteen's going flying over the city and you're like, we're at war, like this is now because they don't know if more are coming. Right, My in laws are in Vegas. They have to rent a car with two couples. They don't know to get back to the They have to they're driving because remember no one flew for two weeks.
Speaker 2: And if you remember this, all television programming went straight to news for I want to say about a week. Yeah, so it was was twenty four on every station. It's just I still well equally as pissed off as I was that day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, that that generation is younger than us that watched that. So there's a comedian that used to say, how could he's older than us? And he said, how do you think? We were hooked on television when we were kids? We turned it on and and and the the guy that killed Kennedy Kennedy, John, You're right, I'm sorry, John, Yeah, John F Kennedy. Jack Ruby, Jack Ruby killed Lee Harvel on live television. He goes, we're watching that and a guy comes out with a gun and shoots him on live television. He goes, we were hooked on television. And then that nine to eleven for our generation a little bit younger than us, that was theirs. In a a lot of guys signed up and went over there because.
Speaker 4: They they including Pat Telmot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, that's right, all right, So that's our nine to eleven. Last night was the debate, and I purposely did not watch any of the post coverage. I didn't want to. I just wanted to know what I saw. What I saw, which was it was entertaining. I was fighting to stay awake. I was looked at Jackie. I was like, I don't know if I can stay up and once it started, though once it started, it was a circus, and it was an embarrassing circus. It was actually entertaining, though back and forth was fun. That's what I got from it. It was fun. She did a lot better than anybody thought she was going to be able to do. And Donald Trump is entertaining. He does what he does, but it was he by far her best performance, and the two box went Donald Trump way. During the Biden debate, it went her way last night. That's what I thought. Did you want to anybody?
Speaker 2: I said, I wasn't gonna watch it, and I watched the first probably thirty five minutes. I thought, well, three on ones not real fun, so I turned it off.
Speaker 4: I watched the whole thing. She won the debate, There's no question about it. She didn't offer much in the way of policy, but she appeared to be the more calm, cool and collected person, which is what she needed to do. She needed to not cackle. She didn't cackle, and he got off his game. They were brilliant. They so on the immigration issue. He was asked about it and instead of saying, this is how we worked with Mexico to close the border, and this is what we did, this is what they didn't do. That's where he was going. But she'd throw in little thing things before it was his time to talk. She said, people leave his rallies early because they're bored. And then instead of getting to immigration, he had to go off on that yeah, and not get back to immigration. And she did that constantly with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he took the bait. Yes, he fell in the trap door she set up. I didn't know that she was capable of doing that until last night. And then you know what reminded me of was the Tom Cruise. Want Colonel Jesseph to admit he did the code read right? Yeah, So he was like, he wants to do that. So when she said, I encourage you to go to a Donald Trump rally and see how people are leaving because they were exhausted in board, and you knew that was pushing his buttons and he was there. But the line that he even laughed at, like if in the two box he's he laughed at and that's a good line. When she said you were fired by eighty one million people, yeah, and you're still you're still having trouble processing that and he kind of cackled at it when Okay, that was a good line, but they did they did not stay on the process of what the debates were supposed to do, which was he goes, she goes, he goes, she goes, and then to the next topic. There were a lot of times that they stayed on that same topic, which broke the rules.
Speaker 4: And I get it.
Speaker 1: There were a lot of people that thought that the ABC reporters were in on it, but.
Speaker 4: Facts checking one candidate out the other, Yeah, that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: But I agree regardless of what you think happened. She won likes Donald won the first one. She won last night, There's no doubt about it. And the two box helped her because she kind of made those face. Even if you're a Trump fan sometimes when he's talking, you do that face like he took the bait on the cats.
Speaker 4: He took the bait on the cat got she.
Speaker 1: Got him to yell they're eating dogs, and it just out of context, it just sounds awful, So you just she she got him to yell, they're eating dogs. And when she put her hand on her chin to go are you serious? That was that was that was in her favor.
Speaker 4: Now people in those towns are showing up at council meetings and talking about these things. They're either liars or it's happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I argue that if proof wasn't not about Colorado being overtaken in certain apartments.
Speaker 3: That they would have done that as well. But is out there, but we'll see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is it gonna matter? Not really my point. Yeah, she needed that night. To me, the most consequential debate of our lifetime was George H. W. Bush and Bill Clinton, where the moment of reading my lips no new taxes changed the election. But back then you had a little bit left to center versus a little bit right of center. I know people could go either way, and they truly were undecided. These two candidates are polar opposite. If you lived through the Trump economy and then the Biden economy, and last night's debate made up your mind, I'm sorry for you.
Speaker 1: But I disagree with the most significant. The last debate was the most significant. So bad he got rid of a sitting president, That's how bad it was. So yeah, it was. Look you bring those up, and I wish those days would come back, because I would not watch these debates because they were boring. Back then, they were really boring, and you really had to be into policy and politics to watch those things. They didn't disagree a heck of a lot, actually, And now this is I mean, it's it's like a ballgame. And it was entertaining to the end. That's what I thought. I stayed up. I didn't want to watch, but half of it. I end up watching.
Speaker 4: A whole other debate that mattered was the first Biden Trump debate last time, where he him and jumped on him and that was awful.
Speaker 1: Well, he started to do uh when he sat a bit of that, and he also never answered her. He always he always pointed at the the moderators and talked to the moderators and never looked at her, which I didn't think was good. And he was sweating a little bit, but it was I thought it was entertaining. It was fun. Now again, they had interviewed folks that were that voted for Trump in the first time, voted for Biden the second one, but were undecided, and they interviewed them. I'd like to see because I promised myself, I said, I'm not watching any post coverage because I didn't want that to to uh, you know, skew what I believe what happened last night. Uh so I want to go back and watch that stuff and see if it changed anybody's mind.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine anybody is truly down the middle on these two. That's hard to believe.
Speaker 3: I just can't.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's I think there is something to the people are like, you got to give me a reason to vote for Kamlin. I mean, you got to give me a reason. So I don't know, maybe, and it depends. I'd like to see the ratings on this thing, because I think if you turned it on, it's dayed on.
Speaker 4: Oh sure, they said eighty million for the last one, so we'll see on this.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, eighty million on the last one.
Speaker 1: That's that's close to Super Bowl numbers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's huge.
Speaker 1: Uh Okay, I do want to bring this up. We're speaking about policy and everything else. Our boss lives at the Omni, and they cannot keep the break ins from their garage. They so they're they're smashing windows twelve cars at a time in the Omni, which is the right now is the newest and nicest hotel we have downtown, and they cannot keep these folks from smashing windows and breaking into cars and if you I don't know if anybody's paying attention, but the cars that are in that parking garage are are BMW's Mercedes land Rovers. These are these are people that make a lot of money, and you're telling me those people are gonna put up with that. They're not going.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. I called the mayor and he said, there's credible evidence that that's happening.
Speaker 2: Well, can we get a comment from him at least on this if it were just hypothetically, I know it's not happening, But if it were happening, you.
Speaker 1: Know, feels so much better.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the scary part about that, the Omni.
Speaker 2: It was quite the investment you might want to say, gets built. Uh ma anal Fister, Greg Fisher, Greg Fister, Greg FISTERT.
Speaker 3: Why can't ever get that right? Mari anal Fisher.
Speaker 2: Let mostly peaceful riders destroy the city of Louisville and a lot of people moved out of the Omni. Okay, people are just coming back to the Omni. Well this caused them to you know what, I've had enough.
Speaker 1: Well, I do have some insight info that they were going to raise the rent price like every other place in America is doing right now, and they said, since these break ins are happening, they're going to hold off on that. Well, sEH, we'll sign you another le at this price.
Speaker 3: Just taking outside of the box here.
Speaker 2: Every time your car windows broken, you get a free month rent.
Speaker 1: I will say, I think Greenberg is doing a good job, and he's made some headway, but it's not good enough and he needs The last time he was on this radio show, you were you were out of town. I think Cabo I looked at him and said, this should be non negotiable. The Omni, the seal back in the brown should be cleared of drug addicts every single moment you see him on your HD cameras. I've been in the room where you see those fronts. Oh, get rid of them, get them out of there and move them out. How can you not protect such a small footprint? Detroit does, Downtown Memphis does it? Yes, all big city San Francisco does does it? They move him out of the business distric.
Speaker 2: There's a there's a building. We pass it when we go when we leave, get off the air and take a right. It's right down here. It's a huge building. It's made out of I'll get the addressed tomorrow. It's made out of the same huge stones that the seal.
Speaker 3: Box is made out up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's the Migrant towers.
Speaker 3: It's just vaked. It's painted on.
Speaker 1: I mean you mean the Starks Tower or Stewart's it would used to be Stewart's something like that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know what you're talking about. Yeah, it's empty right now, right, you're beautiful building. It's a beautiful building.
Speaker 2: It's been there. The doors and windows are painted black.
Speaker 1: It's been there one hundred years.
Speaker 3: I mean, at least making a quiz nose or something.
Speaker 1: Right and again, drive up seventy one or come up sixty five North and look at the super tiny footprint that we have for downtown. I'm sorry. There are cities much bigger than this that are protecting large a lot larger areas. Get them out. There's no look. I want to get you help. I want to if you have your mental issues, and if you have dog issues, I want to get you help. But you don't get to hang out, strung out in front of businesses like the Omni and the Sealbag. Sorry, you got to move out, all right, So we'll keep you up on the Omni break ins too, and we'll keep you up on what's happening with the nine to eleven and the events that are happening today. To remember what happened that day twenty three years ago. And you have the joke oft.
Speaker 2: The d I do have joke of the day. But I also want to say two points of order. We are going to give away Brooks and dun tickets at some point on the Today Yeah, right Atkinson one, yes, congratulations James Atkinson, thanks for listening. And then also it's not a joke at the body at the bottom of the hour, right after news Ozzy joins the show, say what Ozzie joined?
Speaker 3: So I'm dead serious on that. All right, listen, here we go. Here's joke today.
Speaker 2: Hey fellas, Hey, two women walk out on a bridge or out for a walk, you know. Let's call them Karen Cotton and Joeanne Odom.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's very random.
Speaker 3: So they walk out on a bridge.
Speaker 2: That's when Joe Anne goes, you know what, Karen, I've never peed off a bridge before.
Speaker 1: Oh guys, women don't do you.
Speaker 2: Guys do it all the time. You never get to do it. Come on, let's pee off a bridge. Karen says, no, what you doing? Joy In Joyan goes over there. She pulls her pants down and leans your rear and over the bridge, says, come on, Karen, I'm gonna pee on this canoe down here. That's when Karen comes over and says, that's not a canoe, that's your reflection.
Speaker 3: You got him, You got him, We have here we am.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez.
Speaker 4: How about Southern Covert hot oh sela coming hot seventy pressent Highway hot tubs for Hay Family's budget.
Speaker 2: I'm talking hot tubs is old as sixty five dollars a month, over one hundred and fifty tubs ready for immediate delivery, and plus the have twelve much same as cash. You gotta love your silvern covered hot tub. Seventy five oh one President, Way to stick around News on the way to Bob the Hour. Then Ozzy joins the show. News Radio eight forty whas news Radio eight forty whas Tony Venetti. I'm Dwight Whitting. That's Dave Jennings. Bottom of the hour. After news, Ozzy joins the show. So stick around for Ozzy on right now. I gotta tell you baby, Barono's Pizza. It's Louisville style pizza, and the pizza the constantly gets back to the city of Louisville.
Speaker 3: Southern Indiana and surrounding areas. Hey, hey, that's a Barnos.
Speaker 2: Barono's Pizza is much more than just pizza, folks. It's build your own lasagya, it's pastas spaghetti, it's sandwiches. How about a Stromboli salad? You go to love the extensive menu at Barono's Pizza. And this weekend Jaytown Gaslight Festival. You want the perfect place to experience Gaslight Festival, Go to the j Town Baronols, sit on their extremely large deck and let everybody come to you. Yeah, forget about walking around and having your feet hurt. Just let the people come to you and say, hey, Tony, how you doing. Paranols Pizza is Louville style pizza dining carry out her delivery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's that good stick around. News on the way.
Speaker 2: Then after that, Ozzie joins the show. News ready to eight forty? Whas so you promised Ozzy dude hang on one second, working Firman with his manager right now? Okay, Ozzie, could you put those headphones on right there and this will be your mic.
Speaker 1: You're so don't you learn from history?
Speaker 2: Been working been working on this interview for quite some time. Didn't want to say anything on the air because didn't know if he could come in. But Ozzie did in fact come in. Ozzie Gibson. Good to have you on the show this.
Speaker 3: Morning, my friend us.
Speaker 2: If you're not familiar with Ozzy. Ozzie Gibson served as LMPD. He retired in twenty sixteen, actually a deputy chief, rose high.
Speaker 3: In the ranks.
Speaker 2: He retired for three months and they asked him, They said, can you come back?
Speaker 3: Little Metro Animal.
Speaker 2: Services is in horrible conditions and they were. They were in terrible, terrible, terrible conditions. Ozzie Gibson comes out of retirement in just three months and turns Little Metro Animal Services around, starts to retire again. And they said, you know why, Now we got trouble with tar. They saw, now you're with Tark and you're being tasked. We're headed towards a thirty million dollar cliff. It's getting ready to go off the cliff.
Speaker 1: Well, let's let him set the table. But I've already known someone, you've done this with my wife. You spoke to Saint Matthew City Council and she said, this guy has no nonsense and he laid it out. So what we need you to do is what's the state of Tark and lay out what you're trying to accomplish here in the next couple of months.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, so when I took over, we have a thirty million dollar financial cliff that's coming up in the next couple of years. And what we have right now is we actually got a grant for the federal government to come in and study Louisville, Kentucky graphic patterns. And what we're trying to do is get out ahead of this. And is what I told them, you know at the Saint Matthew's board, is it is a national problem. There's a lot of cities that are struggling facing you know, six figure, multi million dollar financial cliffs. And what we're trying to do is we are going out in like over a forty day period, We're going to one hundred and forty different places. And what we're asking people is what do you want out of Tark? You know, where do you want to go? What do you want to see better? And we're getting all this feedback so that we can help design a better network of where we need to go. So in the end you can go to actually tark our website and fill out a survey.
Speaker 3: How did we get to this position?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you didn't you burying the leads so far, which is you're going to have to cut routes.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, if we don't find more revenue for TARK, we're looking at a fifty percent cut.
Speaker 1: Oh in it whoa whoa, yeah, WHOA. To to Dwight's question.
Speaker 3: How do we get here?
Speaker 5: Well, there again, usually there's some federal grants out there that help all public transit across the country. During COVID, we actually got one hundred and forty million at TARK, and that was to not lay the drivers off so that we could keep service going because we have like five hundred thousand boardings of a month. Okay, so we've been able to use that money to get by, and that money's going to dry up.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: If we hadn't gotten that money during the time period of COVID, this would have happened. We just still had this financial cliff. But one of the things is we may have been too big twenty years ago, and we probably have grown out. You know, my goal is to match our budget to the service. I cannot not balance the budget, right, So and.
Speaker 3: Then you look at what people do.
Speaker 5: You went through COVID and every place lost fifty percent of the ridership and it's still down fifty And then people they don't even leave the house to shop no more.
Speaker 3: No, you're right.
Speaker 5: You know, Amazon delivers, Kroger delivers, you know. So we got a lot of changing in patterns with people. So we're hoping this study will tell us where people want to go so that when we reroute, we can increase our ridership.
Speaker 1: But okay, first of all, there are federal mandates that you have to have. You have to be able to fight transportation for handy capable people, right, and yes, tell me the federal. So you're gonna have to cover the federal. And then you'll figure out how many routes and who's going to get I'm not going to use the word screwed, but you are going to try to figure out which one of the routes are because let's be honest, there are some routes that I never see anybody on the bus. And there's routes I see, the whole bus is full.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeap, one hundred percent. You know we've cut twenty percent already and that's helped, and you know we're trying to help JCPS. But back to your question. You know pair of transit, which is TART three. The federal guidelines are we have to go three quarters of a mile off wherever our fixed routes are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, to help folks.
Speaker 5: And if we shrink, there's going to be people out there that you know, we at TARK and our leadership in this community and our board, we're gonna have to figure out what do we do.
Speaker 1: Our own Joe Elliott uses it when we were over in DuPont. He used that because he's visually impaired. He uses TARK three and that bus would take him to work and bring him back. So that stuff still has to continue.
Speaker 5: It's a big deal, you know, and it's just heartbreaking that we're having to go through this. But there again, my role is we're trying to get out ahead of it and give a Louisville the best plan we can give them.
Speaker 2: Talk about Ozzie Gibson, We're talking about TARK. That's the problem. Dave, I'm sorry to step on you.
Speaker 4: It's okay. Did drivers leaving for JCPS affect you at all?
Speaker 5: Well, we had planned for it. We reduced our service because we had announced that we were going to lay off sixty to eighty drivers January twenty twenty five. So Mayor Greenberg came to us and said, hey, look, you know you're going to be laying off drivers that don't you know we don't like to see that. And JCPS can't find drivers. How can you two organization get together and help one another. So we was able to come up and we're releasing our drivers over there. You know, they still are under the Tark umbrella, but jac PASS is paying for their salaries and they're hoping they can fill in and eventually maybe run some of these other routes where these they had trouble with these schools.
Speaker 1: I will say that this does affect businesses because if I live on off Shelby Bulle Road and they're all those there's Arby's, there's the malls, there's Best Buy, there's a Total Wine, there's all these places where I see those uniforms and the polo with the little thing, and they're all getting on those buses and I know they're going they're going into the South End or downtown. Right, So all those that route down Shelby Road is taking employees to these businesses. You eliminate that route, those businesses are gonna be pissed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I think, well, no matter what happens, we're gonna be on our Ridership routes are the ones that definitely, if we shrink back, we're gonna keep them. But they won't go all the way to some of those places he just talked about. Okay, they'll be more centrally located, pulled back, and then all those jobs out in those areas that are gonna be trouble filling.
Speaker 1: Them, Like what is the south ang gonna get screwed?
Speaker 5: It depends on how fire out you know, you go too far outside the waters and yeah, and then another thing you'd want everybody right now that I've talked to, they like frequency. You know, they want you to come by every fifteen or thirty minutes. They give some more options. Well, the further out you go, the less frequency you're gonna get it because it costs so much to keep doing that.
Speaker 2: I got you, Okay, that's the problem. Let's talk solutions. Just throwing it out there. We have an overcrowded corrections. Okay, And in the South End there's something known as a flophouse.
Speaker 3: Here's the concept of a flophouse. Right.
Speaker 2: Let's say I can't afford an apartment all by myself, but I work third shift, and Tony can't afford an apartment by himself and he works first shift. I sleep in the bed until I gotta go to work. He comes home from work, he sleeps in the bed. Why don't we just go ahead and have a prisoner powerward tark buses like these pedal bars bars.
Speaker 3: Like the pedal bars. You see a lot of women on the pedal bars.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, So they get fresh air and exercise and you all get gas free tarks.
Speaker 3: It's a win win.
Speaker 1: My advice, Ozzie is your to not answer that question. So moving forward, Okay, this is a similar conversation in Indianapolis, Cincinnati, A lot of cities our size Nashville have dealt with are they cunning routes? Obviously? Also are we are we in the same boat with them?
Speaker 4: Or what?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: Not really, So when you look at Indy and Cincinnati, who they actually had tax increases in seventeen and eighteen because they saw this coming and it was able to use some of the money not only to help you know, Tark, but other city projects. And I think Nashville actually has a referendum on this fall to do it. And then Richmond is another city we've looked at, and again they did it in twenty twenty, and their state helped out a lot so that they could continue the public transit they had.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Mark Twain says that when the end of the world happens, he wants to be in Kentucky because Kentucky's twenty years behind everything. Yeah, and we've proven that with NFL teams or built it.
Speaker 1: But yes, be honest, in twenty seventeen eighteen, you and I were on the air, and we would have been fighting against the Tark tax. We would have been saying no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: My point is, so years ago, should we have built some kind of light rail light rail system?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, I think there's probably several things we could have done many years ago. You know, like we get our money out of the occupational tax, and the city does they get a lot of money, and so does JACPS, but they both of those organizations are maxed out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we're not.
Speaker 5: And it had they somebody maxed us out twenty years ago, you would have seen a whole different public transit in Louisville, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know we have issues with discipline on the JCPS. Bush. Do you all find that you're bus drivers have some issues with you know, we see it driving downtown. There's some drug issues, some homelessness and all that. Do they have to deal with it? Sort of that stuff? You're you're not all bus drivers, but do they do they experience that too?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, I can tell you over the last three weeks we've had two bus drivers physically assaulted where they were punched in the face.
Speaker 1: Wow, breaking news. That's the stuff where you just don't want to go back to work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just disheartening. I mean, you come in, everybody wants to come into work and most of them want to do a good job and they want to go home safe, you know, And my role is I'm not just protecting a driver. We've got to protect the passengers. And when somebody just wants to you know, sucker punch somebody, that's sitting in a chair, you know, in a seat driving a bus. That's just unacceptable. So here in the next week or two, we will be getting these people's faces out to l ABD and get it on the news so that we can find them and prosecute.
Speaker 4: How can the public weigh in on what to keep and what to lose?
Speaker 5: Great question, absolutely, So you can go to our web page and there's actually a QR code. You can download the survey and there's about twenty questions and we're asking everybody that cares about tark rides, TARC wants to see TARK good or bad, please go to our website and fill out this survey so that we can collect all the data and actually design something that everybody wants.
Speaker 3: That's a heck of a process.
Speaker 2: How lengthy is this process going to be because we're talking about entire city's worth of bus lines?
Speaker 5: Yeah, one hundred percent. But the consultant we have, Jared Walker, if I looked at their resume of all the cities they've been to, Houston, Dallas, it's great where they've been. So we're confident that they know what they're doing and when they hear the citizens saying.
Speaker 4: Hey, we want you to go here.
Speaker 5: This is how many times we want to go. They start figuring out how that is, and then they're very good at figuring out what that's going to cost.
Speaker 1: I rarely endorse anybody in these positions. That's Dwyfe's job is to kiss your ass. But I will say I rarely do this, but I think Ozzie you're the right guy for the job. And I hope, I hope you can do some good while you're in there, because I know tark is not easy, and right now it's probably the hardest it's been in twenty years. So go get it.
Speaker 2: I didn't understand you with your lips pressed against Ozzie gets your ass.
Speaker 1: Could you get so mad that I took his another solution?
Speaker 3: Got another solution? You ready ready for this? Okay?
Speaker 2: The drivers aren't going to like this because they're gonna get let go, you know. But so you got twenty people to ride the bus every day? Uh, you take turns driving everybody like one day, Frank's gonna drive.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, he said, And Ozzie did say. There is no dumb ideas until now.
Speaker 3: It's a self driven driven about the community.
Speaker 1: But you committed to one hundred and forty stops, including that Saint Matthew City Council was one of those. That's that's the kind of leadership you need to where We're going to one hundred and forty different places to get the information. So after the fact, no one can say, oh, I didn't get to say anything.
Speaker 3: That's exactly my motto.
Speaker 5: Everybody should know by now what we're doing and not be some I love it all right.
Speaker 1: Try State Men's Try State Men's Health.
Speaker 2: Guys. It's hump day or or is it is your little guy letting you down in the bedroom. Life is too short, guys, to give up one of the life's biggest, happiest pleasures. I'm talking about special time with your partner in the bedroom. If you suffer from ED, or maybe you're just starting down the road to ED, look me in the.
Speaker 3: Eyes while I talk about this, Ozzi Gibson.
Speaker 2: If you're starting down the road, maybe you suffer from ED, suffer no more, guys. The solutions right here. It's Try State Men's Health. They're the best. Why do I say that, It's because they have a ninety percent success rate when treating ED. Here's your appointment. It's ninety nine dollars to do lab work on you. You'll get your blood results back when you're thirty minutes or less. You'll sit down with a licensed medical professional. They'll go over all your numbers, your PSA, your testos from the works and here's the best part. Then they give you a test dose. If the test dose doesn't work well, your ninety nine dollars is refunded right then and there. But chances are it will work because they have a ninety percent success rate at treating ed with tri Statements. Make your appointment today, get your love life back, get that confidence back. Do it with Try State Men's go to Try Statement's health dot com. Stick around a top of the Hour Wednesday's Hero We honor our Veterans News Radio Wait forty whas.
Speaker 1: Want to thank Godzie Gibson for coming on here, coming in here and doing his his bid for Tark one hundred and forty stops to find out and tell Louisville, Hey, we're cutting half of the routes. You better get your information to Tark. If you ride Tark, you need to talk to them.
Speaker 4: Talk to Tarny.
Speaker 3: Give me some water.
Speaker 4: It is indeed so.
Speaker 1: Of course it is we talking about. We never had this song on album or CD. We only had it on an eight track thing called a car kart. Yeah, we never had that on Cark Country. Yeah that was cool. Well you're how about that? Their adhd is on high time.
Speaker 2: We must have opened the floodgates. We probably shouldn't have had him on and solved. I mean, we should have had Ozzy on. He's a great guy, but we sawved the Tark crisis. Now every single department in.
Speaker 1: The city of Louisville is contacted.
Speaker 3: It's emailing us wanting hell.
Speaker 4: Consultants make bank guys. I do it for the love of the game.
Speaker 1: In the latest legal setback from Sean Diddy, Combs, how many different names was that guy? Sev puff yet puff right?
Speaker 3: Puff puffy poof Diddy? I believe this.
Speaker 1: A Michigan inmate has won one hundred million dollar default sexual assault judgment against the unbattled producer in entrepreneur one hundred million dollars to one individual.
Speaker 4: What was he poop daddy?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, hey what happened?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: They remember they raided his house and all of a sudden nothing happened.
Speaker 1: Well, rich and famous get away with most stuff. It's incredible there. I think this guy is in huge trouble. I wouldn't doubt it if he ends up in jail eventually, he's also going to get sued out of all his money.
Speaker 4: What's he going to change his name to if he goes to jail.
Speaker 1: Oh well, it starts with a P, but it's not gonna be puffy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: They're still looking for the suspect in Laura County on I seventy five. The reward now is up to fifteen thousand dollars. Those folks down there in that area are like, that's all you had to say. You think they're like fifteen grand I don't buy a lot of pills.
Speaker 3: Hang on, there's an update.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's now been raised to fifteen thousand. Yeah, and a case of corn squeeze. I'm not kidding. Yes, down for the news.
Speaker 6: It's now thirty five thousand.
Speaker 2: Oh oh two cases.
Speaker 6: Of course, as of the uh the three o'clock briefing yesterday with KSP on this in Laurel County, the total reward money now to try to find.
Speaker 5: Thirty four year old Joseph Couches thirty.
Speaker 4: Thou Speaking of money, go ahead and take a dollar for pillow Daddy Combs.
Speaker 1: Pillow Daddy Combs is pretty tough. That's pretty that's pretty good.
Speaker 4: And for coming up with a band named Haitians eating ducks.
Speaker 3: Hey, Sen eating ducks.
Speaker 1: Ducks are delicious, kind of greasy.
Speaker 3: I like duck sauce, all right.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, we Grow Hair Indie. I'm getting those injections. Vita Pure is the company they go through We Grow Hair Indy. It is PRP on steroids. PRP is where they do is injections and they get the blood flow going in whenever body party usually used to heal like knee surgeries and all that stuff. Well, it also grows. It spurs growth in the hair for women or men, doesn't matter. But this Vitipure is the next step up, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So call them.
Speaker 1: They'll do five treatments in the ones that you want to do. I did twenty injections of this and I'll go back in about a week or two and do the second set. So just check them out. We grow Hairindie dot com. Call Darren over there and find out what more about the Vita Pure. Google that and you'll find out what I'm talking about back after this on NewsRadio Waight forty whas