Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. Want to take part in the show called Up Steve now went five to two oh four one six seventy four.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back towing the ball here on Fox sportsporteen fifty. I'm Steve Roberta and today is Dave Silver. Now we have Henry with breaking new.
Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball Breaking news on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 3: Bill Belichick has officially taken the North Carolina job on a three year, thirty million dollar contract.
Speaker 2: Ten million dollars a year. Ken schools don't have money.
Speaker 4: They have money, they just have to figure out how to spend it and spread it out to different people and different players.
Speaker 5: And unc is you know, not cheap.
Speaker 4: They're a good school, great university, and they're getting you know, the all time great coach.
Speaker 5: So yeah, going to back to go. Well here here's the funny thing.
Speaker 2: He's seventy two, I think, yeah, right, uh, and they just let off their seventy four year old coach and people are trent and what's what's issue of the dilly thirty four thirty four? Yeah, so everyone's kind of thinking that young, that young coach. They you know maybe start going that way. No, I think we're gonna go with the seventy two year old unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that he's you know, like he's he's been doing a lot of stuff since he left the Patriots, doing a lot of media, on a lot of networks and getting some face time. But and then a lot of coaches have done that historically, they've kind of stepped away, and Trump get on television and you know, have a little bit of a reputation there. But Belichick, I don't know, I couldn't find a job in the NFL. That was interesting that nobody wanted him after he stepped away.
Speaker 2: You're going to see the last of the Belichick you just saw with last year.
Speaker 5: Funny clever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he's gonna go back to being okay, Yeah, No, we didn't say that.
Speaker 5: We didn't do that. We should check with our friends in the media, North Carolina.
Speaker 2: You're right right excited about this, Yeah, no question, right right?
Speaker 5: How are those weekly news conferences is going to go? Will he?
Speaker 4: Will he be different in college where you know he's going to be ordered around a little bit by the by his athletic director. That maybe didn't happen when he was Patriots.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, probably not. And I'll use Greg Burns as an example. Who do you think around the program at right Arizona at Alabama?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I know, yeah, but I mean, isn't that like it's a lot of part of their con I remember, like looking at those guys contracts to college coaches, and isn't media obligations one of the big you know he's gonna is he gonna get affiliated with Nike? I mean there's things like that. Sure didn't maybe happen when he was a professional coach?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure no, because the media stuff is like a half a million dollars obligations for a postgame.
Speaker 4: Postgame do a coaches show? Can you imagine happened to do the the Bill Belichick coaches Show?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: He does what just does what Tommy does on the radio. Center's assistant to talk on the show. Right, he did that into Bahamas.
Speaker 4: Well supposedly to the story is he's going to bring his son to have the succession plan.
Speaker 5: Right we talked. Didn't we talk about that yesterday? I think? Yeah? His name is Steve. Yeah, he's with Jed right now, right, said d I thank you with with j in Washington.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, can I clear something up because I won't sleep tonight. Richard Haws my mistake. I thought it was Richard hawss as they we were talking with Pete Williams, it was Leon Wood, not Richard haw that's the referee.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a referee for a long time. Parent Still is is he? Still? That's what?
Speaker 2: That's what Pete Sidney I said, it's Leon Wood and I said, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he played here briefly, I think, and then went to Fullerton and played the pros.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was his BF.
Speaker 3: Ohio State Representative Josh Williams introduced a bill on Tuesday that would classify flag planting at Ohio Stadium around Buckos football as a felony.
Speaker 2: Just don't lose a game, only if it's Michigan though. Right, Oh yeah that's what they seen. That's gonna beat him. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 2: By the way, guys, you know what are you What are you doing right now?
Speaker 5: Nothing? Sitting they're talking. I do that every day from three to five. You're tied to you? Are you gonna have the what happened to the quarterback? Monday night?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Joe Brow?
Speaker 2: Because isn't that funny? This like Facebook Hey, I'm on I'm on a cruise in the Bahamas. Blah blah blah. Go by the way, my house is empty.
Speaker 5: Go rob it.
Speaker 2: People are crazy when they post stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Well who else did Mahomes get his mahomes and Travis Kelson had their house his birthday case.
Speaker 5: They're figuring out. A good time to do it is when they're playing yells right right. I guess it's a big big league smart criminals. I'll tell you yeah.
Speaker 3: NCAA is looking into expanding March Madness to seventy two to seventy six teams.
Speaker 2: Here we go because the football, you know, white twelve goes sixteen, making it even and then eventually it's me twenty four, twenty four. But yeah, it was used to be thirty two or eighteen whatever. It was thirty two, and then it went to forty eight, right right, and then sixty four and then sixty eight, seventy city. Just invite everybody, what the hell, what's the special?
Speaker 4: Don't make the decision until after this season, but it could start next year. It could you know, in the twenty six season.
Speaker 2: Just put everybody in then you know, have it like three weeks before the season's over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it'll be fun for you know, travel and all these media guys. You guys get to go all over the place. And if you have an extra weekend built in, I'm sure you're employers gonna love.
Speaker 2: Are we talking about the new media? There's no money in media. They're covering the game from home, especially in the NCAA tournament. You know, could you get ahold of the coach after the game, just kind of write your story?
Speaker 5: I mean, that's just what it is.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: Anymore, we were even doing that ten years ago in television, Like there were some questions, hey, do we really need to go on these road trips?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, we kind of do.
Speaker 4: But as it turned out, we probably could have gotten away with it because a lot of the news conferences that's all you want. Yeah, well then you set back. Everybody could get them. You can see them on satellite and use that.
Speaker 3: Arizona Volleyball plays Wyoming tonight at six pmm McHale in the Elite eight of the ni VC Tournament.
Speaker 5: Is there just one game, one team? It's one against one? Are the other teams here too? No, it's just one against one. Okay, So the winner this then makes the Semis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, maybe they'll play be on this after that.
Speaker 3: Arizona women's basketball defeated Bakersfield yesterday seventy six to thirty nine to improve to eight and four in the season.
Speaker 5: So, guys, we know that you can beat Bakersfield. They beat well, so they beat whoever they beat Seattle.
Speaker 2: See, so there's the Bakersfield and GCU they can't and you they can't.
Speaker 5: So there's somewhere in between there that they get.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bakersfield does not want a game too. They're winless. I believe they're like going nine.
Speaker 2: That's all I got, It's all you got, okay, and he goes And then we talked about the transfer portal, right, and how many people are leaving. I'm sure there can be.
Speaker 5: More, more and more and more.
Speaker 2: Do you think what's the what's the give me some odds on Faffita. There was a report last weekend. I kind of been into it that he was gonna be gone, but not yet, if at all, you know, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, we've seen all these names come out here in the last couple of days. Is he's just kind of waiting to drop a bomb on us at the you know, today or tomorrow. Well, it wouldn't be surprising school's.
Speaker 5: Ending, right, He's going to have to make a call on that too. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yet, well school, what's that? Well, something they do outside of cashing checks and playing football?
Speaker 5: About what do you think Belichick is going to think of the transfer portal and all that stuff? Oh, it's yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, in fact, I was going to google because Colorado's going through the same thing too with all the people. Really, yeah, they're going through something.
Speaker 4: Because didn't hit me he turned over that roster that first year basically almost everybody was new, right.
Speaker 2: Well, no one's ever a happy David, whether it's snow or sun. You know, there's always greener pastors. But we were talking about I think we said this on the Earth about forty percent of the people who leave don't end up with teams. Wow, and guess what they turned into you and me with having to find real jobs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's hard. Yeah, you got to make the call. You know, you can't just go on instincts.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you got to think about where I'm going with situation, Like, is there really a chance I'm going to play right?
Speaker 5: You know, maybe do I go back? Is there room for me anymore.
Speaker 2: If anybody wants to call, we can't. Did oh you did you answer your question or fil'st question?
Speaker 5: Was Tommy look going to be a Sean Miller or Alutles? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I have that it's gonna be a Sean Miller. That's no, no, no, I said it's still gonna be.
Speaker 5: So you got to the tournament three years in, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Two eighty five, No eighty three, eighty four, No, two three, three eighty five six they lost to Auburn or Alabama Alabama Alabama first round lost to the Albuquerque.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then well they lost here too at first the next year to you tip right in eighty seven, right, and then went to the final four.
Speaker 5: It was a quick, quick rise.
Speaker 2: But I'll say more more loot of course, Well he's he's already kind of loot like in terms of a lot of wins right away. Uh, and not not ducking opponents. That's what he's not doing, right, Not that Sean did it purposely, but he is. Schedule was hardly that of ye of Tommy.
Speaker 5: That was the beauty.
Speaker 4: I thought of those early seasons with Looke where he would go back east and you go to Georgetown, where you go to you know, Villan over Duke or something like that. And not only was it great for just exposure, but you know, gave him a chance to be in those markets looking at players. And next thing you know, he pulls the guy out of New York, you know, cold reads because they were in Madison Square Guard in the year before, things like that. So it was a good excuse for him to get back into those big areas and a lot of coaches are afraid to do that.
Speaker 5: And he wasn't.
Speaker 2: Right well, now they talked about it. For football, you know, what's the purpose of getting tough schedules If you're going to lose him? That makes the playoffs, right, there's always that agenda for Arizona or for college basketball. You played the tough Look at now look at all the teams that have fallen in the last two weeks basketball wise. Yeah, it's so fun. I think it's fun. At least you know, Tennessee's number one. Uh, some teams that you thought were gonna be good. We had cal Mike calla. Right, he's still he's still high on Georgetown, and he's still high on Gonzaga and they lost against Kentucky last week last weekend so it's gonna be a fun, fun term.
Speaker 4: You know Arkansas with with Cali Perry. They were on last night. They good game, they won barely. Yeah, So I mean there's a lot of shuffling, always is in college basketball this time of year, especially, you're not quite sure what you're gonna get. Then they settled into that in the conference season, and then that's where the mystery is this year for the U of A. Obviously with going into some new places and some new venues. You didn't answer his question, Oh, okay, Tommy, because because he reminds me of loot in what in just his demeanor a little bit.
Speaker 5: He's you know, he's kind of cool and calm and I don't know, I hope And like you.
Speaker 4: Said, we've seen some pretty good success here in the first three years, with a lot of wins and good players, and you know, they've kind of stayed above the line of of you know, good programs.
Speaker 5: They've been pretty solid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and people have overreacted. Well, I knew that he wasn't the guy. So he gives you three good years, pretty good years, fun years, and then now he's suffering, you know, a little heartache here on you he wasn't the guy. Yeah, you know, come on, people are people are crazy. People are crazy. There was something else I wanted to say. And we'll see, and we'll see how he gets out of this. Will he get out of this? But a lot of wins. You guys have enjoyed a lot of wins.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, Pete Williams is talking about it in the last hour.
Speaker 4: Just a little bit about the personnel and do they have the personnel to get out of get out of their own way sometimes and get down these breaks, these big streaks.
Speaker 5: I you know, I brought up to Ballis a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: I mean he, you know, being a big guy, he could play inside, he grabbed the rebound, turn around and started leading a fast break. And they don't have that big guy who can do that anymore. No, I mean they're all our guys are what six six ' six and and below.
Speaker 5: They can do that.
Speaker 2: They should be they should be able to do that anyway. With Creevious maybe not, but Henry can do that. They just haven't, Like we said yesterday, with Milbok, he's they're not playing defense well enough, yeah, to be able to get on the breaks, get into lanes, and you know, move the ball ahead.
Speaker 4: And I mean, guys are good three point shooters pretty much everywhere around the country, so you have to expect that it's going to happen. But you know, that situation with the kid from West Virginia and the bambas was, you know, it's ridiculous. He's throwing up, you know, twenty five footers and yeah, you know, do you guard that far away from the basket.
Speaker 5: That's you know, that's the problem.
Speaker 2: I think you run into You got to just guard it, just stay on top of him, because they haven't been doing that either. Yeah, so we'll see, I mean UCLA, you said, Central Michigan under that. And then they play another not so great game right before they when's that Sandford game, Sanford game? Right we're aund Christmas time? And then they come back with TCU.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they come right back.
Speaker 2: And then and then it gets interesting with the big twelve. Yeah, it should be fun. We got about a couple of minutes. We're gonna take the break after this couple of minutes, and then we're gonna get with the mountain of it and get his impression of what he sees from the transfer portal because it's happening. You know, it's like a telethon and the new number is the new number is changes by the minute.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's yeah. Let's let's check the total, check the totals. Totals. I'm sure they're doing that in the bat in the football offices today. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine just kind of like how distraught you know, I'm not going to read into, but distraught things could be.
Speaker 5: You should have done you should have.
Speaker 4: Done the show like live from outside, you know, in the Sands Club or someplace.
Speaker 5: Just coach, coach, you got a minute? Yeah, who's that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: I have not mistaken.
Speaker 4: Wasn't there a moment in time last year when Fafiita and t Mac and those guys there was some video I remember seeing of them like going into the coaches into that building, you know in the in the north end zone.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they're gonna go and they're gonna talk to the coach or whatever it was.
Speaker 4: Maybe it was when Fish left, Oh yeah yeah yeah at the end. Yeah, and they had that special meeting. Yeah, that's that's maybe That's what I'm thinking of. But yeah, I mean they're there. We could have done that. Hell, we got a second, we just we should send Henry out in the field and call in and say, yeah, I'm standing outside the building and Noa is leaving.
Speaker 2: Just got word from his dad. Yeah right, we'll see what happens. We'll start some rumors. Yeah, we'll see what happens with all this, because it's kind of crazy. They have to get equal or more talented players that are leaving. And well if you even have talent players that didn't want to play for the coach, well, what the hell good are they?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Because you just don't want to be there. It must have been a tough you know. If any of them wrote a book or maybe I asked them to, you know what I'm saying, could you tell me what what really happened? What really happened? You know how that is. We're in this business and I always say this, there's always more to the story. There's always more to the story.
Speaker 5: And I'm sure we'll hear that in the next ten years when well, when we're not doing this, we will. We will.
Speaker 2: Although I don't know many people that are close to these guys because we don't get close to them through but you know, you know, what really happened or what was the big disconnect. Yeah, letsco Henry kids, He's gonna call us here in about three minutes.
Speaker 7: Are you ready?
Speaker 5: Ready to discover your soul, your wild side, your passion, your joy and excitement.
Speaker 7: From the latest slots and table games to award winning dining to world class entertainment to a luxurious resource.
Speaker 5: Discover all this and more. Discover with Soul Casino del Soul, the soul of two Side. Are you ready enterprise of Fasco Yuki Tribe.
Speaker 8: The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Browseyisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space. Today, visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for Madi to Go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood, type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the Window Deepot dot Com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato rock and materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Kip, we'll call at five to two zero four zero zero for two three three.
Speaker 5: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 9: Arizona Health Arizona Health, arizonah Off.
Speaker 10: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the.
Speaker 5: Leading edge and exercise equipment on twenty seconds just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 11: School and the false sports season are in full stride. Time to give that special student athlete a creative award for his or her efforts they are deserving. It's also time to rejuvenate your fall apparel with a chrisp looking embroidered school corporate logo.
Speaker 2: On caps, shorts or long sleeve follows.
Speaker 11: And why not get some fresh looking promotional products representing your school or corporation or just giveaways for the upcoming twenty twenty five season For over one thousand fun items of choose from some, Visit Creative Awards at Creative awardsaz dot com or see our Idea Center at two twenty eight Westtrackman Street.
Speaker 12: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltepeteam dot com, that's Volpe team dot com or call five to two oh six eight five six two six Today in MLS three oh eight seven, Arizon AA b K nine two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity, Got to commitment to Lyndrix, syn credit rates and avaiable loan programs or suchet to change don't notice?
Speaker 5: Did you know?
Speaker 11: Collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at start or expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination. As one of the leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best in sports cards and trading card games. From rare fines to the latest releases, Showtime Cards has it all. Check them out at Showtimecards dot Com or visit them on e Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere trust Showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 9: On a road trip or just around town. Driving a car you can afford is more important than ef At Pyramid Federal Credit Unions, our one rate auto loan is for every one rate offers a single competitive rate no matter your credit score.
Speaker 5: You can borrow better with hearing that.
Speaker 9: For details or to apply online, visit Pyramid FCU dot com. Slash one Rate. Pyramid Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity lender federally insured by NCUA.
Speaker 7: Got Bugs, termites, bees or rodents, Arizona pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist tests can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termites, bees, or rodents serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpest dot com to schedule your free evaluation Today.
Speaker 1: Streaming live on the iHeartRadio WAB, This is I on the Ball with Steve Ravera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty eight.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to One in the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty I'm Steve.
Speaker 5: You're Dave Silver. Now on the point we have Lamont love it too?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 2: Former you away football player? Radio play by play guy on another station, Lamont.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 14: I'm doing great? See how you guys doing fine?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Have you checked your eligibility left?
Speaker 5: If you have any?
Speaker 14: I'm pretty sure I'm out and I don't think they would want me if I had any.
Speaker 5: You're one of those guys, No, I don't think, so what the hell is going on here? Lamont?
Speaker 14: It's it's a new normal, you know. It's the funny thing is we were laughing at you know, Dion Sanders a year or two ago, we were making making fun of a su for how many guys they brought in in the portal, and it turns out they were actually, you know, ahead of the game, because you know, while everybody else is trying to do things the old fashioned, one of these guys were they they kind of got ahead of the curve. That's what really the new normal is everybody can jump in the portal. You hypothetically could lose everybody, you know in the season is if if you know, the right person comes to calling, or if they're not happy with the current situation or whatever, there's no there's no guardrail, so they can hop in the portal. You better be prepared. If you're not prepared, it's gonna be a long you know, it's going to be a long, long, long year for you.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you, how long has it been since you played twenty.
Speaker 14: Oh my gosh, yeah, I think of the math. I graduated in nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, thirty thirty one years thirty one years. So let me ask you, do you do you remember, because I'm sure it happened. Guys left, right because they leave, but not in the droves that they're going, but maybe three four guys.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, you would lose maybe one guy or two guys, maybe lose somebody that academics, or you may maybe one guy goes and backs in. It was so painful to transfer, you know, you didn't want to do that because I even thought about transferring at one point, but I just when I've you know, found out that I you know, I had to sit out a year and all of a sudden stuff and it's just like, you know what, I might as well just stick it out and just you know, kind of figure it out.
Speaker 11: It was.
Speaker 14: It was a different time, it was. It was way different. It was almost rare when you heard somebody transfer.
Speaker 4: Back in, and nowadays too. I mean, there's so many things influencing these decisions.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Money, I guess maybe at the top of the list or playing time. What do you think that what's the mentality of the current college player in your mind as to why so many are either unhappy or you know, looking for greenier pastors.
Speaker 14: I think it's the fact that there's no guardrails to be honest, is what makes it. It makes it easier to do. So if you get into an argument with your coach and you don't like him, you know you can hop in the portal. If somebody's tampering and talking to your family members and they think, like, you know, this guy could could really help us out, they may start going through back channels, talk to your high school culch or whatever, and then saying, hey, we're paying this much money, is he interested in coming? And that that's how a lot of things happen. It's not supposed to happen like that, but that's what's ended up happening. And then they're just guys who maybe want to find out what their value is, Like this is my last year and I'm probably not going to play in the pro so let me go get on the market and see like what I think I can probably make. And that's that's what's happening too. So there's a lot of reasons why people go into portal, but it's it's the fact that they can do it.
Speaker 15: They're just doing it.
Speaker 14: But the downside of that is a lot of people are going to go on the portal, I'm not going to have anywhere to go, right and if your spot is if you can't go back, guess what, you're out on the streets right now. And so that's that's the sad part. People are not going to lose lose your ability to get your education because you know, that's that's the one thing no one's talking about. It's just talking about how much money can I get? Now, well, we did, there's a lot.
Speaker 2: Well we just talked about that because I asked Dave about that and I googled it. So the most recent study says like fifteen to sixteen percent of the team eventually transfers, right, but forty percent of them don't find a place that's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 14: So you know, you should probably appreciate the fact that you're at a you know, a school, it's in a big twelve, it's in a power you know, a power conference, and you're getting an education there. And but you know what's the other part of that too, is now coaches are starting to do this thing now too, where they're telling guys, you know what, you've been here for two or three years and you're not really contributing. So why don't you hop in the go ahead and hop in the portal And so that's happening too. So it's like I said, it's a little bit of a wildlall West right there. So it's it's a lot of different angles that that you can go about this.
Speaker 5: What do you think life is like in the football offices this week?
Speaker 4: Where you know, all of a sudden, they you know, they bring in twenty high school kids last week and then optimism and they're losing thirty players in two days, I mean, and then they're looking to bring in play That's got to be crazy just trying to keep it all.
Speaker 5: I think it is. But it's you know, it's there.
Speaker 14: It's certain new reality though. I think that they've kind of been dealing with this for the last you know, a couple of years, because this is it's just a reality now. Needn't be all the things that they're worrying about now, we coaches never had to think about in the past. You know, the last thing you're thinking about is football right now. You're right now just thinking I'm like, shoot, I gotta get I got to turn this roster over and I got to get some people in there fast. It could be my job, and then these people that I bring in, I got to make sure that they're the right people or it could be my job. So it's it's it's probably a pretty stressful time for right now. But what I think is that probably just keeping their head down and just you know, just working, because that's not really all you can do at this point. If you don't have time to sit back and think about it or even have time to, you know, to feel sorry for yourself, You've got to be grinding it out right now and scouring the country and trying to find kids right away and then trying to get on them right away because everybody's going to be looking at the same kids and the portal. So of right, you gotta work. You gotta work hard.
Speaker 2: So not that you want to give away any secrets, not that you have them anyway, but but I'm going to ask you this question. So I think when you've been on a few times with us, which I appreciate totally, because you get you get your insights up. I said this, and I said this a number of times, and I continue to say this. I saw some disconnect I didn't see. I felt there was disconnect from the players and the coaches, because good teams don't get blown out by three four touchdowns, they just don't. There's something there because it's still had talent. And now this is at least me convincing me that I was right, because now they're going, now they're jumping.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, no, there's there's There was definitely some there there because there there was something missing, and I I think we alluded to it the last time we talked. I really think that the biggest mistake he made was on offense. That was his biggest mistake. I think that go you know, going into the season, if you think about Brittan, if you think about the places gone, he's kind of known his his reputation as a great culture builder. He's a guy that's known for, you know, developing this great culture and being that raw type of coach. But if you're going to do that and you're not you know, the x's and those guy you better make sure that your ex's and those guys are you know, bang on and they're really good. And you've got to make sure that there are people that you can not have to supervise and know that they're going to go out there and do a spectacular job, and you just you know, you got to give him an f for or his higher for offense this year because that just that did not work out. And they went from a team that really kind of leaned on their offense and lean on a production and they had some star players to an offense that could barely you know, get in the inzon and so that that those are the things, the types of things that can get you, you know, gone quickly. So you've got to make sure that you hit a home run this time around. But the you know, the damage has probably been done. But you know, like I say, you've got to keep your head down and keep working right now and just try to keep this thing together. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, as we were saying, besides the players, he does have to deal with with coaches and new coaches and a new culture. And yeah, that's gonna be again an interesting couple of months here.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, and yeah we're not even talking. One thing we didn't talk about was money. We did, but we did. That's the other part. You know, you gotta work, you gotta you gotta pay for all this stuff too. Is it's not free, you know, the players aren't just coming here saying I just want to play football too. They're they're saying how much you're gonna pay me? That The other piece to it to you, you've got to have some money. You gotta have a park full of money and that, and that's gonna determine, you know, maybe the level of player that you get. So you're gonna have to You're gonna have to some some serious uh negotiating going on here, and you got to figure out the right guys to come, and you've got to figure out a price, figure out who you can get, and then when you get them here, you got to get them coached up, and you got to get them coach up quickly, and you got to figure out how to bring that team together quickly. It's almost like, you know, having an all star team, and you've got to try to get those guys to play as the team really quickly in a few months. Because that's a new normal right now. And so yeah, it's it's a complicated deal right now. It's not for the faint of heart, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: In fact, once we get you off the phone, I'm sure you're gonna get a call to uh yeah, mister Lovett, this is X from you. They we know you're an alum. You have a pretty good job. Could you help us out here?
Speaker 14: And I'll say, yeah, I would like to. I'm broke.
Speaker 4: But yeah, back in the old days, it used to be a I love usc. They got the great tradition. You have all these great players, they got you Tommy Trojan. Now it's like, well, how much can the Oregon pay me now? Or Ohio stage? I mean it really, it's it's an interesting decision process for these high school high schoolers who are looking to just get started and get this, you know, these big dollars at seventeen years old.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I was thinking to myself right now, and what's the sales pitch right now? You know, because really, you know, you got to be a great salesman, you know, because whatever it is, you're selling. So you know, when your team is great and you got a bunch of superstars on the team, you know, it's will come here and you know be part of the tradition and won championships. When your team is decimated and you just come out for a really poor season, it's hey, come in here and you be the next great guy. Come start here, you can start. There's a lot of you know, spots that you can you know, you there's a lot of playing time here if you can come this rustle And that's I'm pretty sure that's what they're selling right now. Well, look, we just turned off our whole roster. You guys can come in here if you're if you're if you're up to the task, you could come here, start right away. And that's probably what they're selling right now with somebody too.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the problem too, is you you tried to sell that to the people that already here. Look, you're still part of this team and you're part of you can be part of this legacy. Don't go because in hell they're championship anyway.
Speaker 14: Yeah no, it's yes, they sure are. But yeah, that's that's what you gotta sell. And that's what you gotta be good at selling. And it doesn't matter, you know, it doesn't, no one cares. It's like you gotta you got to sell these guys, and you got to get them ready to play in a few months. And so you got to get them in a waight program and you got to start making this team gel together. And you guys started doing it immediately and then so but I mean, do you imagine having to sign forty fifty guys, because that's what they're pretty much gonna have to do right now. I think the last time I checked, there was thirty. There were thirty people in the poor as I looked on the list today.
Speaker 4: So well, what about what about the re recruiting process too, because you know, they went through recruiting these guys just maybe a year or two ago.
Speaker 5: Now they got to do it again and go talk to the parents.
Speaker 15: And yeah, what a nightmare.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and you can it is a nightmare, and you know you can you know, you know, parents all talk to each other too, and so you do. You're recruiting the parents just like you're recruiting the kids. And so it's it's gonna be a whole new group of parents and a whole new batch of people, like all the parents were all close together. And it's probably has a lot to do with one of these guys are hopping in the poll and all leaving together too, you know, because it's like you start a new family again.
Speaker 1: And so it's.
Speaker 14: Well, I would not I don't envy this this position at all.
Speaker 2: So who were summer eleventh, right is that today? Today is so December eleven five? Hey, hey, Long can you come on the show today? Guess what we're gonna be talking about, same thing because you got to do it again next year. Because another the bats that just came in. Are we going to be happy because they came here and then want to leave?
Speaker 14: That's right? There will be a bunch of guys hopping right back in. And you know you got to think too, guys are you know, guys are in a portal too? Like you always have to ask yourself. Is it because they weren't good enough to play because they're unhappy? Or is it I mean, it's a lot of evaluation that you gotta or do they just want to get more money? Or are they uncomfortable? I mean, I don't know. There's a lot of reasons he's up in there. So it's you got to do some really quick evaluation and like I said, you got to make it come together really quickly.
Speaker 4: You saw the news this afternoon about Bill Belichick taking the North Carolina John Does he really know what he's getting himself into?
Speaker 14: You know, you know what, I think he's probably he's probably had a chance to look at it because his son, who was his defensive coordinator with the you know, with the Patriots, it's Jeff Fish's defensive coordinator, and he's been hanging around their program. You probably got a chance to you know, watch enough of it. And you know, with the way that man thinks, he probably was like, you know what, I could I could do this and I could probably come in and win this because this man's you know, he's done to it at the highest level. So you know, those competitive juices never it takes a while for them to leave, you know, and so I'm it's probably still got that itch. So and again they're going to pay them thirty million dollars to do it.
Speaker 4: True, But you know, you like Saban and Chip Kelly and some of these guys, have you know, just said no, I've had enough of this. I'm gonna be a defensive coordinator somewhere because.
Speaker 2: You don't know until you know, right, you don't know to you, you don't let me ask you. You don't have a son pain, but your brother does? Correct or did?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 5: So so two of them. So let's let's talk a.
Speaker 2: Real quick about that because we mentioned that earlier. Uh, now that you have the portal. Coaches aren't going to the high schools or I maybe they did now because they have to sign some people. But why go with a high school kid when you have a tested guy who has or hasn't played or has been recruited already.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well that's what that's what's happening. I mean, you you you have to think both long term and you have to think short term. And so the portal is supposed to be to fill in the gaps, but there's a lot of gaps now and sometimes they just use the portal to turn over their entire roster. But you still want to get like high school alignment and you know, start red shirting them and developing them too, but you don't know how long that's going to be. So yeah, you do have to try and get as many good players that are ready to go right now as possible. So you know, the portal is definitely that. But you got to scour everything. You got to scour the j c's, you gotta scour the f c s, the FBS, you got to you gotta look everywhere and not just you know, one place, and you got to probably be a little bit more creative when you're a programmers that there is on them because you're not going to go ahead to head with Alabama for players, must we just say they're going to Alabama and look, you know somewhere else.
Speaker 5: What about this and what about the scenario? Guys?
Speaker 2: You and Dave both Okay, So I'm Desray and you guys were Brennan I was saying, okay, you know Brenton's I'm not really happy with what happened. Uh, you know, we need to get improvement here here and there. I'm gonna give you another year. And you're brent saying okay, yeah, the guys are, the guys are gonna come back. We're gonna work hard, we're gonna do this. And now you realize they're not coming back because now you're under more pressure than you were two weeks ago when you said we're gonna be okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And I think I heard an interview where he said, no, no, I feel pretty good about the guys coming back thirty players later. Yeah, that's that's one of those things.
Speaker 12: So I just never know.
Speaker 14: It's almost like you know, you got a leak in a in a boat and that you spring that one leak and then it just you know it starts to open up. That's kind of what happened.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what happened with Gilligan's Island, right, they didn't come back.
Speaker 4: You know, as you were saying too, I'm thinking maybe let's let's think positive. I mean, there's going to be a lot of attention to Arizona because there's going to be maybe forty openings, and the teams we're gonna maybe they're going to come looking here, players i should say, are going to come looking at Tucson in the UVA because they know there's opportunity, instant opportunity.
Speaker 5: So in a way it could work out, and I'd like it has it in Colorado.
Speaker 14: More absolutely, You're you're one, right, Dave. We're looking at it. You know a lot of people here, they're fans that are emotionally attached to it. We're looking at it as man, our whole team left. But you know some kid out there who was a hungry kid. Maybe you're in Juco, maybe you were overlooked by somebody, and you're like, look, there's playtime at Power for our school, powerful school in the Big twelve that's on TV and National TV every week. You know what I could go there and I could, I could play, I could make a name for myself right there, and that's that's what you're selling. Then a lot of these players, you know, they come see Tucson like I did when I came to Tucson. I was living in sunny southern California, but I came here in December and I saw these mountains and I saw, you know, the women out here, and I was like, man, I can see myself playing here. You know, it's all sunny and nice out here. And so Tucson still has a lot to sell to people. You know, you just got to sell it. That's the thing.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 14: You got to get kids here and let them see it. You know, when rich Rod was a coach here, he used used to always say, you know, Tucson is kind of in between. Yeah, you know, you know places. But he also knew that if he could get people on campus and to see this place and see that, he knew that he could sell them. But you just got to get him out here. And that's that's really the task. You know, get people out here right away and get to sell them because you've got to sell this place. But there's something to sell too. It's not just like you're going to some dreary you know, right, you know back in you know, Woods Place. Tucson's beautiful, and it's got a great campus and it's a great really it's a great education you can get here. So and he's got some tradition in football. And then you tell them you can be the next you know, you could be the next superstar here. So that's what they got to keep selling.
Speaker 7: We got to go.
Speaker 2: But thirty three years too late on the scenery, the women and the money and the money.
Speaker 5: Don't forget the money.
Speaker 2: Right right right, because you'll be living you liveing in the foothills, having a nice place, you have a pretty girl, and you know, playing football.
Speaker 5: Nothing better.
Speaker 14: Probably he could happen, It could happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta keep selling that. We've got to come over with the marketing term. Yeah, thanks, Lima, appreciate it all, my friend. Take care, Yeah, all right, take care. Let's take a break here of give them back for a final show a final you know, twenty minutes whatever, and give us a.
Speaker 5: Call if you want.
Speaker 2: If you're an Arizona men's basketball fan, you know, it's been successful for nearly forty years. Now take a look back at the Ludolsen era in my new book, Lessons from Loot. It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's the Loved Coach. Lessons from Luton is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one Email me at Steve dot Rivera ninety five at g HI.
Speaker 5: This is formal while get Leman huntly with Arizona Health.
Speaker 16: Imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, and your time. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal.
Speaker 5: Space in your life.
Speaker 16: We off a complete line of cardio machines, multi gyms and freeway equipment. I'll certify fitness experts and technicians will set you out with the right equipment and training to get you started and keep you going. Visit our shareroom today at twenty second in Wilmot. Arizona Health the lead to edge and exercise equipment. What's your goal a new career or career advancement. How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial data available, it's time to earn the degreer certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you.
Speaker 6: Learn how at Pima dot edu. Slash Someday, Hey Tucson, Steve rivera heir, and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Markets All State Agency.
Speaker 2: These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, they've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today and score big on your insurance With the Edmond Marcus All State Agency, You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen Nord Campbell or call them at five two zero three two three nine three three three. Selling your home want to get more money for it, Well, Danny Roth can help you. He told me about as you Flip the Home You Own program. The program allows for a homeowner to fix up their home to sell without using any of their own money. They will be able to sell the home for a much higher price. Danny Roth with Army Homes International is the real estate consultant in Tucson that offers this program. He has consistently been the top agent in Tucson for the last thirty years and has sold over ten thousand, five hundred homes. For more information on this program or just buying our selling a home of Danny Roth at five two zero four nine zero four thousand, breaking.
Speaker 1: Down all the yaps, says at OHS, this is high on the Ball with Steve Rovera on Blox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to winning the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Brea, He's Dave Silberg. Got Henry in for the last thirteen minutes. Henry, you're taking off too. You have a York last show for a while. Yeah, you get some break here. I hope you passed out your classes. You remain eligible for next semester.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hope we get some have a full roster by the time. Are you in the portal yourself first? You know you can just have one more semester to go, right, that's it, one more transfer now.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gone through too much already, learned too much here at the Eye and the Ball. Well, he learns and knows more than me. Hey, anybody want to call? Please do five two oh four, one, six, seventy four, forty. We have some great callers. Uh, now is the time to call. We have lis yesterday you got some pretty good ones. Michael called. You know, a few few few of the people called. So thanks Rachel for coming. Yeah, we're calling. We both went with Ludolfson right, still shot Sean. Sean had a nice run. Nice run.
Speaker 4: Did I ask you what he thought his legacy would be? I did, what do you think Sean's You really covered him? I didn't cover him.
Speaker 5: I wrote about it. You know, I got took some beat because I don't know what it would be.
Speaker 2: You know, he had early success that Yukon lost beat Duke pretty handily in the first three years I think it was. But at the end was not that great because the team was not that good. And then of course the NCAA stuff. Uh, the final four, that one shot away from the final four with Johnson and those guys in Wisconsin. Then a year later getting a little blown out. Yeah, so I don't I don't know. Success but not not great stuff, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, obviously not getting the final four was that last hurdle. He never got there, and and e Maan ever and leaving you know, really under some suspect circumstances, whatever the real details were, it just it just wasn't a real clean exit for sure. So you know, it was a long run, and you know he did a nice job of following up you know, some of the some of the mess after loot, and you know, things are pretty stable for a number of years.
Speaker 5: This take the call.
Speaker 2: Hello, you're on the air. Who's this Hey, Steve, this is done, Dave, We're done. Hey.
Speaker 17: Well, all this talk with Lamont and everything, and uh, you know the pressure being on on Brennan, but I wonder well, the real pressure I think, or there should be some real pressure on Desiree because when I wonder, well, there's pressure on her, because you know that's the lynchpin of the of the department, and you know, I'm just wondering, you know, you ever work with that one person that's always in trouble and they always have to have that weekly meeting with the boss to make sure that everything's on the straight and arrow and all those those type of things, and I'm just you know, we're not gonna know what happened in their conversations that that Brennan was able to keep his job, And we're not going to know if you know, he has certain benchmarks that he has to hit recruiting wise, coaching, hiring wise, and all these other things that that that he's going to get because.
Speaker 5: Well he's not in a let me.
Speaker 2: Ask you before you before you because we got another call, But let me ask you this. Why do you think she kept him? Why do you think she kept him? And I have my thoughts, Just make it short.
Speaker 5: I think you can't. You got to give a guy more than a year. And I think it was. I think it was.
Speaker 17: It's been reported that the money was there to be able to replace him, but I don't know who. I don't know who reported that. The podcasters. But okay, you know, so you know that the money was there. No, I don't think so, because they still they're still in the red.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you, so you you I believe where you're going. This where I was going to take it. If she's on board and she came here to kind of get this thing settled financially, how are you going to justify paying a coach ten million, eleven million, whatever it is when you need more money to survive?
Speaker 5: Exactly? I mean, you got it.
Speaker 17: He has he has a record of being able to have success in a place that has no business having success that sends a state, so he can get a program. The thing is is he's got to get it. He's got to get it up and running. And this last year was whatever happened, happened and it's over. Yeah, but it's got to be fixed. And I'm sure that I'm sure that she's got him on a short lead, going, hey, no question, what's happening here, what's happening here?
Speaker 5: Why did this happen?
Speaker 17: You know what? Do we have to replace these guys or or or whatever.
Speaker 5: The case may be.
Speaker 17: And then the other thing is we have no idea about the position that the new president is going to have because we've had some presidents that were all about the athletic department, and we've had others that didn't seem to care.
Speaker 2: We gotta go, we gotta go down, Go ahead, Thank you, don for Collin, who's always go ahead.
Speaker 5: Thanks No.
Speaker 4: I was just going to say, the UFA is in no position and I don't know for sure to have to do a buyout. They don't want to do anything like So we got to give a guy eleven million dollars, not the coach, not under the current situation that they've been fighting here and trying to get back, you.
Speaker 5: Know, even maybe which is going to take a.
Speaker 2: Number of years to me, and maybe he catches lightning in the ball next year with a lower payout if he doesn't.
Speaker 5: Okay, we have another call. He's still on.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hello, you're on the air around the ball.
Speaker 15: How's it going today?
Speaker 5: What's going on you doing? Brian? This is this is Brian.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Hey, like the last caller said, it was more than eleven million to buy him out, because there's other coaches who are on along their term contracts in one year, right, so you were looking at almost twenty minute dollars and there's just no way the Athletic department. I mean they were. I mean she came in into a situation where she's basically it's there's no win situation for a few years. Right, this is going to take it's going to take four or five years to straighten all this out unless we have you know, unless Jay opens his wallet up.
Speaker 2: Well, Jay, Brian, Dave, Steve, everybody else contributes.
Speaker 15: Everybody's gonna Yeah, but Brian, here's the issue too. It still won't even be enough.
Speaker 2: No, no, And here's the issue that you know, you have a lot of people bitching on Twitter whatever social and they're not helping.
Speaker 5: You know, they're not helping, right, Well, they're not to be. They're not going to be the ones who are going to open their wallets.
Speaker 2: No, that's my point. They're the bitchers.
Speaker 5: They're not there.
Speaker 4: There's people there, and you know, having tried to raise money at the u of A, they they're still bringing in you know, three hundred and fifty million dollars a year, not for athletics, but sure the whole U of A. So there are alums you know, right sprinkled all over the world.
Speaker 15: People have Yeah, people have to look at that. This is the people are to complaining or whatever. You're not looking at the reality of what college football or college sports is today. I mean, it's basically every year is going to be the same thing, you know. I mean, he got like three thousand kids in the portal already, you know, And and and there's going to be more once the football season is over, right on all the on the playoff teams and all the bowl teams, because there's going to be people who aren't happy and they're going to want to leave too, right, And there's just going to be it's gonna be every year the same thing, right, People realize that I'm just waiting for when we have we have thirty kids who entered the portal something like that, and there's going to be more. We know that already, you know. And it's basically and I know he built the program at San Jose, but it's not the same building a program at San Jose as it is building it at Arizona.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 15: And I understand smaller conference there, but you're talking about before the Pac twelve and now the Big twelve, right.
Speaker 4: Before the portal and l really kicked in. I mean, he had a little of that there, which you know, was nothing compared to a pack.
Speaker 15: Twelve or but what's expected of you here? And it's not like you know, people don't want to have now that we had a ten win season or whatever the hell it was last year. Now everybody once at every year and it's just not going to happen. Arizona's not built that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta go get another call, Brian, Thanks a bunch.
Speaker 5: Okay, appreciate it. Got to the call. Hello, you're on the air and I on the ball. Who's this?
Speaker 13: Yeah, thanks for taking my call. I need a little bit of enlightenment. Why is UH Snoop dog a good choice to be the face of the Arizona ball when I actually I saw him do UH some sort of presentation or song singing.
Speaker 15: At the end of the UH.
Speaker 13: Football and he was and the.
Speaker 15: Songs were full of vulgarity.
Speaker 13: And all I think of when I think of Snoop Dogg is him spoken a joint the side of the Cuban cigar. I just he must Yeah, Well, I mean why was he picked? I mean what why why was he picked? We didn't have anybody else?
Speaker 2: Well, good question, A fair question, I think, very fair, very fair question. I think that you're not alone in thinking this, but he's transformed himself into this iconic figure where it transcends you, me, the kids today and he's self made successful. But your question is is very fair. I personally don't have an answer because I don't know the answer we had Kim on on Monday. It's a tough question. I need a big story for Biz Tucson on this, and everyone, everyone, to a man and to a woman, said they love the thought of him doing this, and it's his company just sponsoring it. You know, how can you say no? But your question totally fair.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, I'm not going to the game. I mean, I'm not a fan of the man, and I love Arizona football, but I'm not going to go to support uh the Arizona Bowl this year.
Speaker 2: I think I think that you're not alone, and that's that's your prerogative, and then you have every right because.
Speaker 5: But it's a it's a good fair question, don't you think, David, Oh, for sure.
Speaker 4: I mean they had a lot of trouble with Barstool being involved, you know, for a number of years, with their reputation, and I don't know how much cleaner it's going to get with with Snoop.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's going to be on the broadcast.
Speaker 4: He's got zillions of followers on Instagram and and those social media sites.
Speaker 5: And everybody's excited.
Speaker 4: And that's kind of what I think what they're counting on, and they're trying to maybe, you know, set aside his past a little bit and go with his Oh you know, he's a funny guy. He was on the Olympics, and he's got this reputation where now he's just kind of loosey goosey.
Speaker 2: And if it was good enough with the Olympics, why not here.
Speaker 5: Thanks for the call.
Speaker 2: We got to go, got to take another call. That's not the right answer, but that is an answer.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Got one last call that we can get in. Who's on the air. Hey it's a JR.
Speaker 18: Hey No, that last call I actually kind of reaped my mind. I had an opinion about Snooping.
Speaker 14: I think he's the ticket to get a better.
Speaker 18: Coach for our football team. So what I envisioned was getting Snoop to come out with his connections with Martha Stewart and also Gronk, to convince Bill Belichick, who's hurting for a job, to go here instead of North Carolina and be in the same conference with Dion. So I imagine a Belichick versus Deon you know, matchup every once in a while. But I think that's the ultimate solution right there.
Speaker 5: Well, you're too late on that. Belichick got the job today.
Speaker 14: He did get it, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 18: Okay, but maybe Gronk and Snoop could talk him out of it.
Speaker 5: Maybe Gronk becomes a coach who knows that might be the best solution right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, thanks, yeah, thanks. He's got the money. Who Gronk hand I don't have spent anything. It's want to hear he doesn't spendish too. He didn't spend his checks from the NFL, but he used all his endorsement money.
Speaker 2: Right and he's still doing that. He's still by Fox and things like that. Man talking about falling star to a nice place, not a full start. He's a great star. But you know, you fall, you fall down, or not even fall down. I mean, you play here and you become the star I playing football.
Speaker 4: You know, he'll be in the Hall of Fame soon a couple of years, I guess. Yeah, were ready to go. I wish that we got Okay, mentioned that rich Rod. Oh yeah, yeah, last last second, going back to West Virginia. Yeah, my Arizona coach signs a deal with his old school, going back to the Mountaineers.
Speaker 2: Seventeen years later, my son went to school in West Virginia. He'd been and rich Ward was just coming here and he says, God, Dad, nobody here likes rich Rod because I tell him on premire, No one says that's what happens when you leave but town.
Speaker 5: And now he's going back. The prodigal Simon is going.
Speaker 4: He's there for seven years, one sixty, very successful, does the Michigan kind of I don't.
Speaker 2: Think there's any question that he was a heck of a coach. A little temperamental, but a heck of a coach. And then he just got caught up in a little few things at the end. Got him in some big Bowl games too. Yeah, he was at West Virginia, Georgia.
Speaker 4: Georgia had our you know, had a good run here with with Kadeem in twenty twelve, yeah, twenty fourteen, one, twenty fourteen as well. So good for him back at the big time and maybe we'll see him, you know. Coach in Arizona, we played West Virginia last year here, so maybe next year the uf A goes there.
Speaker 5: I haven't looked at the schedule.
Speaker 2: That'll be you know, he'll be for that one. Yeah, Okay, thanks everybody for calling. We'll be back tomorrow. I have another good show. Thank you Dave for this week. Sure, no problem, and we'll see you next. See you tomorrow.