Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Psychic Teachers. I'm your host, Samantha.
Speaker 2: Fay, and I'm Deb Bowie. Oh.
Speaker 1: We are so happy to have you join us for our monthly Q and A show as we come to pretty much the end of February, and that means spring is right around the corner. I am so excited as I sit here looking out at snow covering my lawn.
Speaker 2: I keep thinking of crocuses in the snow, and I hear Jimmy Lou Harris singing roses in the snow. I don't have any flowers in my snow, do you, Samantha.
Speaker 1: No, just lots and lots and lots of snow.
Speaker 2: Oh me too. I can't believe it. Here we are in the sunny.
Speaker 1: Sound, I know, but spring is coming. We can't wait. In the meantime, let's all just pretend that we're sitting together around a nice little fire on a cozy Sunday evening, and we're just going to share some wonderful stories and questions.
Speaker 2: I'm ready.
Speaker 3: That's wrong, Okay, I'm ready too.
Speaker 1: I'll start our first one says my husband got up one morning disturbed with a very lifelike dream that we had divorced, and he said I was the happiest I had ever been. Then the next morning, a coworker told me she had a dream about me the other night, that me and my husband had divorced, and that I told her I was the happiest I had ever been. I told her about my husband's dream and how weird that was. So it's not even been a week, and now my husband unexpectedly quit his job. So I researched divorced dreams and saw it doesn't always mean a mary to divorce. It could be the ending of a job. Do you think that since I was happy in both dreams, this is a good change.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do.
Speaker 1: Most of our dreams that we have are symbolic, and our subconscious mind can only speak to us through symbols. That is the language of the subconscious. I wish the subconscious were a little bit more clear and blunt. So, for example, pregnancy dreams don't always mean you're going to get pregnant. Usually they mean it's the birth of something new, like a new job, or a new source of income, or a new friendship coming to you. Same with divorce dreams, they don't always mean divorce. It means an ending, a break a breakup, So it could be the end of a job, it could be the end of a friendship. Yes, it can be the end of the marriage, but usually it's more symbolic. So I would say that, yes, this means that you're going to be very happy with the new path your husband's going to take after leaving this job.
Speaker 2: All right, Our next one says I'm a new listener and seeker. I'll admit that prior to the last two years, I was a staunch atheist and non believer. I'm a psychiatrist and lived my life mostly based in science and provable fact. Then my husband had an experience that I could not ignore. Shortly after his mother died of cancer. We were watching television when he started to tell me that light was coming out of his body where his solar plexus is. He said that the light was telling him it's all going to be okay, and that quote all of the pain is gone. He looked as though he was incredibly happy and experiencing something or somebody that I could not detect. I was watching, terrified on the couch, hand clutching my phone, getting ready to call an ambulance because I thought he was having a manic or psychotic break. The whole episode lasted about five minutes, which felt like hours to me. When he came back, he told me that he had seen the light, and also that his entire life flashed before his eyes, and that it ended with him dying in my arms. Thankfully, when he died, I appeared elderly. I really couldn't make sense of this. For months, I kept watching, waiting for signs of any kind of psychiatric illness, but none came. He was just my husband, just more at peace. Since that time, I've been exploring the things we cannot see. It has helped me realize that I am intuitive and that I have some spiritual gifts too. I was just wondering if either of you had a take on this experience and what it could have been. It was life altering in the best possible way and really opened my mind and heart to spirit love. Listening to your show on my way to the hospital each morning. You both bring me so much joy. Thank you so much for that comment. I'm so glad that this listener is in a place where she is open and receptive now to what she can't prove. First of all, I have no doubts whatsoever that what your husband experience was absolutely real. I don't deny in any way the idea that he really did have this experience. It may have been his mother talking to him. Who knows what it was or where it came from. But how life affirming it really was for him to have that experience and for you to witness it, even though it was probably kind of scary for you, as you mentioned at the time, but later when you got a way to telescope out and away from this experience, you've come to some wonderful realizations about the continuity of consciousness and the continuity of spirit and what life really is all about, far beyond what we can see with our ordinary senses. A book we would recommend to you is by doctor Raymond Moody. It's called Glimpses of Eternity. It's a book on shared death experiences. I also think that when we become open to the world and what we're learning from it in a different way as you have been, where you're willing to undertake the idea of being an intuitive and that you have all these spiritual gifts, and that's a wonderful thing.
Speaker 1: I think this is such a cool experience because the fact that he was laying on the couch relaxing and he had this light come out of his solar plexus. A lot of people think that our connection to our soul body like when we askt will travel. It's been described as being either in the heart chakra or the solar plexus chakra. I think it was Sulvan Muldoon who said his was in the third eye chakra, but for a lot of people, it is right there in the solar plexus. I think his mother came to visit him. I think he had a shared almost like a near death experience. I think his mother was so excited that her pain has gone, that she's okay, that life goes on. She had to share it with the person she loves so much here in this world. And I think in doing that he kind of got like his own life review. Doesn't it sound like that?
Speaker 2: Sounds like he certainly had an opportunity to really connect with his spiritual being in some way, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how amazing, What a miracle and a gift he was able to experience that. But how cool for our psychiatrist listener friend, as you said, who's super left brain and obviously very smart to have this experience. Now she's going to be able to see both sides every situation, which I think is really really cool. I would also recommend, in addition to Glimpses of Eternity, which is just a book about people who have had experiences exactly like this. So I think both you and your husband would really get a lot out of it.
Speaker 3: But there's also the.
Speaker 1: Noetic Science Institute, and I think, being a psychiatrist, don't you think this listener would love the research there?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? That is a wonderful website for all sorts of fascinating information.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they have classes.
Speaker 1: Most of them are all on zoom or also anything with Dean Rayden Real Magic I think would be a great one to read too. Okay, Our next one says, my dad was not close with his parents, and unfortunately, when my sister and I hit our teens, their contact with us became limited as well. When they passed, I hadn't spoken to them in over twenty years. Fast forward to when my youngest was two and a half years old. It's midnight, I'm lying in bed with my husband, when all of a sudden, I hear my daughter yelling a boo over and over again in her bedroom. She's in her bedroom, door closed and is having what sounds like a rousing game of peekaboo by herself. I listen a little longer, and when she doesn't stop after a minute or so, I go into her room to tell her it's time to settle down. When I open the door, I see her sitting up in her crib, covering her eyes and facing the wall opposite, and then goes boo. I admit I was a little freaked out about it, since our house is one hundred and forty years old. I spoke with the psychic medium friend about it. She told me it was my grandmother who had come to visit my daughter. I was so surprised by this because I honestly hadn't thought about my dad's parents in a long time, and wouldn't have even guessed that they would ever be interested in great grandchildren.
Speaker 3: They never met.
Speaker 1: The midnight peekaboo game never happened again, and now I wonder if they ever do visit us still, even though we weren't on good terms for years. Well, I think that when families don't talk like this, there's so many reasons, and there's his side and her side, and my side and their side, and it gets very, very complicated and convoluted. However, the bond of love is eternal, and I have no doubt that your grandmother was popping in to visit and just see how you're doing, and see what her great granddaughter was all about, and play a little game with her. I told everyone on the show many times about the time I saw that little Irish man leaning over my daughter's basinette when she was first born, and you know, we had the bassinet right next to the bed, and he was singing a song in Gaelic. And it was years later that I found out it was my former husband's great grandfather. And that still astounds me that someone no one alive has ever met would take the time to come and visit my daughter when she was first born. We don't know what all of the soul connections are. You know, your grandmother could have a special soul connection with your daughter that you might not be aware of. But also I think it is just the bonds of family, and when families stopped talking and they aren't close, there's a lot of pain there and a lot of regret. And a lot of sadness, and maybe your grandmother is just trying to make peace with all of that. But the listener did send a us video and it is a really cool thing to see playing Peekaboo all by yourself.
Speaker 2: Our next one says, recently, my witchy friend and I were talking about spirit animals animal guides. She suggested that mine may be a spider, because they always seem to find me no matter where I am. I live in a house with three other people, and without a doubt, I will always be the one to come across a spider at all times of the year. However, I am petrified of spiders. I know you've covered this topic before, but I'm wondering if it is possible for us to be scared of our spirit animal. I may have a lot of explaining to do for mine if that's the case. Okay, there are lots of things to unpack in this lovely concise email. First of all, Spider may not be your spirit animal person. Spider just may be a teacher for you. I think we all have lots of different animal folks who work with us. But if your sense is that Spider is your primary teacher, then I would invite you to look at all the wonderful gifts that Spider give us, one of which is that in many indigenous cultures, creation stories center around spider. In Lakota, for example, spider is called Ectomy, and Ectomy is the weaver of stories, the weaver of truth. Spider is who teaches us white writing. For example, Spider is the weaver. If you look at Greek mythology and you see the legend of Arackney an Ariadne and the big weaving contests they had, and oh, shoot, I've got the goddess wrong. Maybe I think it was Athena. Okay, let's try that. In any case, the god is that. I think it was Athena lost the weaving contest to a mortal named Arackney, and she was so angry that she turned Erecne into a spider. And that's where the scientific name for spider comes from. There's some kinds of spiders whose webs, the actual thread of their webs, is stronger than almost anything else on earth. They're just wonderful beas. So look at all the gifts that spider give us in that way, And yes, I understand being petrified of your connection to your primary animal person. Everybody who listens to this podcast knows that Hawk and I have been together for a very long time, and Hawk is a great teacher for me. Folks, if I were at your house and there was a spider there, I would have a conversation with the spider. I would put the spider, perhaps on a dustpan or a piece of paper, and gently walk the spider outside. I would be just fine. If I was at your house and you had a parakeet in a cage, I would beg you not to make me sit in the same room with that bird in that cage. I am beyond reason terrified of birds. It's a long and convoluted story, goes through many lifetimes. I get all of that, and yet here I am with a hawk as my primary teacher. So I would say to you that, yes, it is indeed possible. And I would say that, rather than focusing on your fear, think in terms of the gifts that person is giving you, and try that in that direction and see if that is helpful to you. And you can still be afraid, but you will find yourself being braver. And I'm kind of joking about the parakeet in the cage. I've reached a point where I'm better. I'm still want to be in a house with one. I'm certainly happy being outside and folks flying around me. And that's okay. We'll give yourself some time and ask for help and guidance from that, and you'll get it. You'll be amazed. I recommend Ted Andrew's wonderful book Animill Speak to the That is an amazing book to help you work with your connection with your animal folks.
Speaker 1: All right, I have a silly question. I know you call everything or for legged friends, in this case eight legged friend. But when I think of animal guides, I don't think of insects.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Samantha, stop.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just don't.
Speaker 1: But now that I think about it, I guess you could have like a bumblebee as your guide. But what I'm asking is, could she have an animal guide and an insect guide?
Speaker 2: Oh dear, all right, let's do this again. Let me walk you through the dab language of this and most indigenous cultures that I know of. There is no word for animal. The word animal doesn't exist. Instead, we speak of nations or peoples with an as people's plural, and there's no hierarchy. So when you think about insects or bugs or whatever, most folks think, oh, they're lower on the chain than elephants. No no, no, no, no, no no. Everybody has a place in the gift giving circle. And that's what it is. A circle, and there's nobody in the middle. We often think conceive of ourselves as two leggeds as being in the middle of that circle, and we're not. Here's the language you've heard me use. Two leggeds, four leggeds, swimming, crawling, flying, and standing people. So that encompasses two legged people like us, four legged people like we think of animal people with four legs. Swimming, that includes everybody who lives in water. Crawling is all those people that you're describing bugs and spiders and insects, and that doesn't just mean birds. That means bats and butterflies and bumblebees. And then standing people are all the plant people, the mushroom, the mysilium people, and the rock people. Mother Earth for sale.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: Did you see the news story recently of the cow who learned to use tools?
Speaker 3: No, Oh, it is so sweet.
Speaker 1: She has learned how to use a brush to scratch herself.
Speaker 2: Oh, for goodness sake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's an absolutely beautiful, beautiful cow.
Speaker 2: I had not seen that.
Speaker 3: Our next one.
Speaker 1: Says, I had a crazy dream. I dreamt I was walking down a city street, and I think it might have been a place like heaven or the astral plane, because I felt absolute peace, love, harmony, tranquility, and serenity. I felt so safe. I can't express enough how wonderful I felt in this dream. As I'm walking down the city street, I noticed up ahead there's a man on the other side of the road. He motioned for me to come over, so I did. When I got there, he said, hello, it's good to see you again. I looked at him a little puzzled, but he also felt familiar. It was a strange yet familiar feeling. Anyway, he goes, last time you were here, I took your picture. Do you want to see it? I said, yes, I would love to see it.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: He pulls out this picture, and when I first looked at it, a symbol flashed before my eyes was really bright, almost blinding.
Speaker 3: For a split second.
Speaker 1: It looked like the symbol of the flower of life. Then, as I'm starting to focus in on the picture, I see myself by the street lamp that I was currently standing under. It was surreal because I was aware that I was dreaming this. I was lucid. It was incredible and felt so magical. I felt like I was in heaven or a place comparable to that feeling of love. I want to go back. I've never really had a dream like that before. I've dreamt of a photograph before, but nothing with the symbol that flashed before my eyes. I just thought I would send this. It was remarkable for me. Thank you for your show. I've been a faithful listener for years. I'm a flower grower. I spend most of my time alone with the plants and Samantha and Deb in my ears. Thank you times a million for the work you do. The world is a lot less lonely. Oh, thank you so much for that. And I just wanted to share that last bit because Deb, I love hearing what people do while they're listening to our show. Doesn't It does feel really neat to think about people at work or driving to work, or in their garden and we get.
Speaker 3: To accompany them.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: So this is a really really cool experience, and the fact that you were lucid and completely aware that you were dreaming. This to me is one of the hallmarks of an astral or soul travel dream. Not a symbolic dream like our earlier listener dreaming about her and her husband divorcing. This seems like an actual visitation.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: According to dream research, seeing yourself in a photo can mean that you're working on loving and accepting yourself exactly as you are, and so that could be another one of the messages that this man was trying to bring you, because you were in this place of total love and acceptance and serenity. And I wonder if sometimes I think our souls just need reminders that you are perfect loved. You come from perfect love, you were made in perfect love, and too perfect love. You will return, but you always are there. And I wonder if some of those experiences in this dream visit are to remind you of that the Flower of life symbolism. It's often called the blueprint of the universe. Tefinitly did a whole show on the Flower of Life years ago. I'll have to try to find it. But that symbol is about creation, life and interconnectedness, and so in dreams it can be a sign that you are on the right path, or you're being guided on the right path and are working on achieving higher states of awareness. It's almost like he's in your life guiding you to level up. If life is a video game, you are leveling up, is how I would interpret that. What a really cool experience, What an affirming experience.
Speaker 2: Absolutely a day into studying the flower of life symbolism which can take you down a rabbit hole for I don't know the next fifty years of your life if you break the Flower of life down into its basic form. The flower of life is composed of interlocking vesica pisces, which are two interlocking circles to go on and on and on. The sacred geometry of all of that is just fascinating. So enjoy that rabbit hole as you're processing what you've experienced. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the fact that she's a gardener and the Flower of life is all about creation, Yeah, I think that's really a deeper layer of symbolism for her.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I love it.
Speaker 1: All Right, let's take a very quick break. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Hi, y'all, please join me in all I've got going on on my website. First, my book Crafting The Wheel of the Year, co author with Claire Gelder, is available on my website, at your local bookstore or from online retailers. I so hope you will enjoy it. Learn about your numerology or your animal guides from personalized reports on my website. Check out my e booklets about working with crystals to row moon energy, and gardening with help from the Spirits of the Earth. Those are on my website too, And I'm so excited I've got a new course come in soon. Details later. The best way to keep up with me is by subscribing to my substack. The subscribe button is at the bottom of my website homepage. Debbowen dot com. I look forward to working with you.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, Deb.
Speaker 3: Do you want to share our next question?
Speaker 2: A new crystal owner here with a question I haven't heard you answer before? When is the moon full? When I looked online for the date, I encountered the following confusing information. Sunday, February first, five nine pm Eastern Standard time. So which evening is best for cleaning crystals? Should it always be the full night before the moon reaches peak or the full night afterwards? Perhaps the night when midnight is closest to the actual peak time. This is a great question. Most metaphysicians that I know believe that we live in the rising energy of the full moon for about three days before the moon is full, and we still maintain that full moon energy for about two days after the moon has been full. So if I were looking at what this person writes Sunday February first, at five nine pm Eastern, I would have cleaned physically and cleaned energetically my stones and put them on a table in front of a window, for example, or if it's safe to do so outside, and do this sometime during the day on Sunday, February first, for example, so that when the moon reached its peak of fullness at five oh nine Eastern time, they would already be there absorbing that moon energy, and I would leave them there at least until about the same time the next day. That's sort of the short answer to that question. But really, as the moon is waxing from new moon to full moon is about increasing. So if what you want to do is to increase your connection or your energy to your stones, working with waxing energy is great. And conversely, if you want to release or let go, you work on the waning moon from after the moon is full until it is the dark of the moon before it's new again.
Speaker 3: Don't you have an e course on that I do.
Speaker 2: On my website. It's not a course, it's an e booklet called Moon Magic and More, and it gives all of what I've just said and a lot more about understanding really the eight primary phases of the moon. We talk mostly about those three phases, but really they're eight, and there are lots of things that you can do to deepen your connection to moon energy.
Speaker 1: Well, it has rained or snowed on almost every full moon we've had here where we live for the last several months.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So something else you can do if you don't obviously want to take your crystals out in the rain or the snow, is you can put a bowl of water out and have it charged with the full moon energy, and then you can strain it and keep that. You can put it in a spray bottle, and if your crystals have a hardness level of seven or higher, you can just soak them in that moonwater or sprits them with that moon water, or if they have a hardness level under seven, you can use the indirect method and just put the crystals in a bowl and then submerge that bowl in the moonwater. And that's another way to charge your stones with the moon energy without taking them outside.
Speaker 2: And keep this in mind, if, for example, on the night of the full and you've laid them all out on the table and it starts to rain, that moon is still up there. The moon energy is still there. You can't see it, but it's still there beyond and coming through that rain or that snow.
Speaker 1: All right, Our next one says in March twenty twenty five, I found love letters my husband of eighteen years wrote to a twenty nine year old coworker. He's fifty one. It was an emotional affair of sorts, as she barely reciprocated. While this alone was a terrible betrayal and I am still not over it. That isn't what I'm writing about. During a marital counseling session post love letters, he relayed that my deep dive into the spiritual path bothered him and he hated having the stuff in the house.
Speaker 3: Most of the.
Speaker 1: Items were relegated to one room, my meditation spiritual room. This infuriated me, Like he gets to act like the good guy and judge me. While he couldn't be loyal, I thought to myself, I'll show him, and I threw all of my spiritual things away, my books, my decks and crystals, my pendulums. Some were very special to me as they were gifts or very unique pieces. I may have even thrown away my dead grandmother's brooch as I can't find it. Some of the books are not in print anymore. It was a moment of complete rage towards him, and towards myself, and even towards the spiritual path, as I was blindsided and what good is this intuitive stuff for? I have felt like a sad, smaller version of myself. Since then, there were nights I cried, lying down in the shower until the water ran coal just staring. I increased alcohol. I stopped invoicing clients and just worked, and then got overburdened and avoided responding to work demands at all. I stopped feeding myself spiritually and no longer went into my meditation room. Finally, in decem I started to feel like myself again. I rebought one deck, my favorite one. I did a New Moon ritual with a stick my dog handed to me a candle, a glass of water, and a postcard. It felt very lovely like home. During the ritual, spirit told me it's okay to let the sadness of throwing out my beautiful treasures go, that the practice and intention is the most crucial thing, and I can start from scratch. Anything that wants to find me will My question is.
Speaker 3: What was that?
Speaker 1: Was it just rage and hurt? Was it spirit teaching me to start over with something haunted? Why did I throw everything away and shut down the spiritual aspect of myself for months?
Speaker 2: Oh? Wow? All right.
Speaker 1: My heart goes out to you, because obviously I think an emotional affair. Gosh, my friends and I were just debating this a couple of months ago. What's worse like a physical one night stand affair or an emotional affair. I don't think there is any worse or better or not as hard. I think it's all hard. And what you were going through was not only righteous rage and anger, but also grief. You were grieving, grieving the lack of trust, grieving the lack of support, grieving all of it. And whenever we are on the other hand of adultery, we always tend to kind of look at ourselves like what did I do wrong? What could I have done better? Maybe a part of you throwing away the spiritual items was you just trying to find a way back to the marriage you and your husband had known. And if he pointed out that this was something that really bothered him, then you were like, well, then I'm just going to get rid of it. But I think it's also grief, And I think what we need to recognize is that grief isn't just losing someone who has transitioned.
Speaker 3: To the other side.
Speaker 1: There is a profound grief that comes from the end of a marriage. And I think that even though you two are working on reconciling, it's going to be a new marriage once you guys get on the other side of this. And so when we are going through grief, like your spirit guides are saying to you, we have to give ourselves so much grace.
Speaker 3: And I think.
Speaker 1: Everything they said to you was absolutely right. That you can start again and whatever wants to find you will find you. And so I just hope that you don't keep blaming yourself for any part of this, and I hope that you don't point fingers at yourself because you're doing all of the right things. You're not denying your spiritual side, You're respecting yourself in this situation, and you are working on so much healing and growth.
Speaker 3: Do you want to add to that?
Speaker 2: I sure do. One of my favorite books is a young adult book that was written in the nineteen sixties, I think by Catherine Marshall. The name of the book is Christy. And there's this wonderful Quaker lady teacher preacher in the back hills of Empire Bridged Appalacchia. Her name is Miss Alice Henderson. And Christie is going through a dark night of the soul, as any young woman might be at Christie's age, and she's angry and she's hurt, and she's got all these raging emotions. And Miss Alice Henderson looks at her in a scene and says, he who has never shook his fist in the face of Heaven has never known God at all. I love that line. I love that line so much that it was one of the few quotes in my book that I wrote some years ago about grief. Because to be angry with spirit is to deeply connect with spirit. We can't be angry at something we don't know and have some other emotions. For I have been angry with spirit in my life, and Miss Alice's wonderful line has been very helpful to me. And so when you've had such emotion that brought you to a place of just throwing away all the symbols of your connection to spirit, I get that, and I also love that you came to a place of coming back to spirit with such lovely simplicity. So yes, Samantha, Indeed, rage is such a part of grief, is such a part of the pain and the heart that goes with so much that we grieve in our lives beyond physical death. And I just think that maybe there still will be gifts that you will learn from this experience as you move forward in your spiritual journey.
Speaker 1: Well said, our hearts go out to you, because that's a really difficult betrayal to overcome. I think what you have to do is focus on sacred selfishness and really just loving and supporting yourself. That's what we're going to pray for you.
Speaker 2: Okay. I wanted to share a vision I had about fifteen years ago because it is such a hopeful message that might help others at the end of ten years of unsuccessful infertility treatments in the middle of an awful divorce, I was working with a flower essence practitioner who helped me with several different alternative therapies. One day, as she guided me through a meditation session, I had a vision of my maternal grandmother. Now this surprised me because I never had much of a relationship with any of my grandparents. They were all very reserved people who didn't seem to want emotional connections and preferred that their grandchildren just go off and play and not bother the adults. The vision was simply my grandmother appearing as she would have in the nineteen thirties, a young farmer's wife in a depression air address with Bob Hare, looking rat happy as I never saw her in life, smiling at me with her arms wide. She said to me, it doesn't have to be that hard, and then the vision faded. It was such a simple thing, but it has stuck with me through my struggles in life that maybe I don't have to always try so hard to fix myself. Maybe I am just enough as I am, and maybe I have the right to be happy. Thanks so much. Your podcast is always a bright spot in my week.
Speaker 1: Well, Samantha, this email is a bright spot in my week.
Speaker 2: Well mine too. But I want to read this again because I truly believe that in so many ways, what this listener has said is really what I know I need to learn. And maybe if you hear it again, it'll work with other people to learn stuff. So listen again. She said to me, it doesn't have to be that hard, and then the vision faded. It was such a simple thing, but he has stuck with me through my struggles in life that maybe I don't have to always try so hard to fix myself. Maybe I am enough just as I am, and maybe I have a right to just be happy. Hella.
Speaker 1: Wow, And that's someone who worked really hard. You know, she's in her depression era address, so that's probably a message she had to learn too. And I wonder if this listener isn't one of those generational chain breakers. Maybe and she's going to break a mantra that may have existed in that line of the family of you gotta work hard, you got to always be doing, going, proving, But we are enough just as we are.
Speaker 2: That is such at a lesson for all of us. I think, and I know it is for me.
Speaker 1: I know, I know it is. It is so hard. I was telling you before we hit record. I was watching that new documentary on near death experiences called Renaissance, and one of the things that always comes up in those documentaries is that we are loved and perfect just as we are, and that all is always forgiven. And I think that's such a beautiful message, and I think so many of us forget it on the day to day. And I went to scroll through my phone after I finished that documentary and something popped up on Instagram, and deb you know, I've said this many times on the show. As a Catholic, not so good with all the nitty gritties of the Bible, especially the Old Testament.
Speaker 2: I'm probably gonna have to help you out here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you might.
Speaker 1: The person had posted a line from Genesis and it's after Cain kills Abel, and it was about God loving Abel so much and loving Cain just as much, even though he just committed the first murder, that he put a mark on Cain that would protect him from ever anyone trying to seek revenge or retribution, and he sent him to live in the east of Eden in the land of Nod and that's when he found his wife and had a family and lived on his happy life. And I don't know, deb I never I thought the Mark of Cain meant he was like, I don't know, stuck in hell the rest of his life.
Speaker 3: Who knows.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the Bible intended for him, But in my mind he was punished. He's like the og Judas, you know. I never read it that way, that God so loved everyone so much, so unconditionally, that even the first murderer he protected. I think I was just raised on too many supernatural type stories where people are looking for the mark of Kane, which means you were possessed or you know all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not what the mark of Kine is about.
Speaker 1: Mark of protection, Yeah, for just love and forgiveness.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I just think, why can't we do that to ourselves? Like the listener we were just reading before, forgive yourself, forgive your part and your marriage. It's not because you were spiritual, it's not because of any of that, And forgive yourself for throwing all of that stuff away.
Speaker 3: We all need that message again and again and again.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have to be that hard, and you are enough just as you are, and we all have a right to be happy.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we do. Thank you so much for this femail.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's take our last quick break of the show and we'll be right back. Well, everyone, we made it through the holidays and January is firmly in our rear view mirror, which means hopefully you have more time to focus on you. If you're working on some manifesting goals, check out my Manifesting Miracles E course. In this instant download you'll learn all about creating a goalbook, how to overcome manifesting blocks like self doubt or living with a partner who doesn't want to manifest with you. The instant downloadable course also comes with a guided meditation that teaches you how to send your manifesting intentions out into the world. Check out my other E courses on developing your psychic abilities, learning about crystals and psychic protection techniques. My Manifesting Money Miracles E course is only eight dollars and has really helpful tips like how to create a lucky talisman for abundance. I also offer guided meditations ranging from chakras and spirit guides to learning how to remember your dreams. It's a great way to learn meditation, or just listen to help you fall asleep. Do hit play and let your subconscious mind do the rest. For more information, go to Samantha Fade dot com and click the stor's.
Speaker 3: Tab Welcome Back.
Speaker 1: Our next one says my story about connecting with spirit is similar to Samantha's. While I do not remember seeing spirits as a child, I do know that I was incredibly frightened to sleep alone, and that fear went on through college. As a child, I would often sneak into my parents' bedroom to sleep on their floor rather than be alone in my own room. I got married in my early twenties, and my new husband and I bought a small house. Shortly after we moved in, I woke up in the middle of the night to an elderly woman leaning over me. She was clear, but not solid. I could see every line on her face. She did not speak or move. I started to panic and made a sound in my throat, and it woke my husband up. The woman dissolved. It's the best way I can explain what I saw. The next morning, my husband asked me why I had left the night life on in our bedroom, and I told him I hadn't. He told me when I had woken him up the night before that the room was bright. Of course, there was no light on. Similar incidents happened twice in that same house. First, I saw an elderly man that I did not recognize standing at the foot of my bed.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: His outline was sort of silvery or translucent, but very clear. He did not speak or move. He also dissolved after a minute or two. The last time that it happened in that house, it was my father standing at the foot of the bed. He passed away after a long illness when I was nineteen. I loved him very much, but he was an alcoholic and our relationship was complicated. Seeing him there frightened me. I spoke out loud, and I told him I was scared and not to come back again.
Speaker 3: He has not.
Speaker 1: That was nearly twenty years ago, and I have lived in multiple houses since then. I have seen other spirits, but never again my father, and never as clearly as I did in that first house. I am no longer afraid. What has changed, which is not the experience itself, but my understanding of it. I desperately want to see my father again. I would now welcome friendly spirits to visit me, and I have invited them to do so on multiple occasions without success. I wonder if I did have a clairvoyant gift that I suppressed and am now unable to access. I have tried to connect in other ways in hopes of accessing that part of myself again, including visiting two different mediums, neither of whom were able to establish any contact on my behalf. I have also used many of the techniques in Samanita's book Heavenly Alliance to try to connect with my personal spirit guides. I have requested signs and have not received them. I once asked to see an American goldfinch as a sign, but the closest I got was a pine warbler. I wonder why other people so easily receive signs when I do not. My maaternal grandmother died when I was about six, but she was very interested in the occult, and my mother says that if anyone would have come back to give a sign, it would than her. Did I lose my ability to connect with spirit when I asked my father to leave. What can I do, if anything, to regain it? I only recently discovered your podcast in love It. Thank you for bringing light, joy and nosis into this often dark world. Okay, so you're right, we do have a lot in common because I've shared many times how I woke up and saw that lovely gentleman at the foot of my bed when I was sixteen, and got on my knees and prayed to God and said please take it away because it scared me so much.
Speaker 3: And I was able to get it back.
Speaker 1: But it was not easy, and it did take a lot of work, and it wasn't so much. Yes, I took a lot of intuitive development classes. I took meditation classes, all that stuff. I read, all the books I got reiki. It wasn't all of that. It was, but it wasn't. It was something that had to happen internally inside of me. We had a lovely man on my other podcast, Enlightened Them Paths, named doctor Bradley Nelson on last month, and he book about heart walls and how we all build walls around our heart to protect ourselves and how we have to really be cognizant of that and work to take them down. And I think maybe you have built a heart wall either around your heart, or maybe a third eye wall that you just need to gently, methodically and consistently tear down. The simplest thing I did to help it was really simple. I would repeat over and over and over again as I walked the hallways to get to each of my classes I was teaching for a couple of years. I would say, it is safe for me to see. It is safe for me to see. It was one of my mantras, and I really do think that helped. I did some past life regression work to find out if there was any past life issue that was blocking my fear of opening up. I did a lot of inner reflection on forgiving myself and accepting myself as I was, and looking at the sh dado stuff of being afraid to be seen as different in woo woo and weird. That helped significantly. And I also did a cord cutting ritual where I'd cut the cord to the aspect of myself that was afraid of doing intuitive work. So all of those things might help you find this connection again. But ultimately, what I think you're being led to do is really work on forgiving yourself and your father, and so I think looking at doing some ancestor type work where maybe you have a little table in your home or your office where you have like a photo of your dad and an item that reminds you of your dad, and maybe a crystal that serves us a physical connection to you and your dad, and a candle in front of it, and maybe just every morning light that candle and just send love to your dad, and send forgiveness to your dad, and send love and forgiveness to yourself as well, and just start to have that type of dialogue without needing proof in the beginning, do you know what I mean, Without needing to see him again at the foot of your bed, without needing to see an American goldfinch bird, just trusting and having that dialogue with your father and just have no expectation of what will come of it, just seeking connection from that bond of love and forgiveness and see what comes out of that. Do you agree to I do.
Speaker 2: Agree so, Mantha. And the other thing that I would recommend is what I have found in my life when I feel like I really should be able to connect or get information or whatnot, is to just stop, just quit, walk away, Go do the dishes, Go do the laundry, go read a book about I don't know anything other than metaphysical stuff. And when I can get out of my own way, that is often and answers come. So overseeking and overdoing for me is always a and I'm not getting anything is always a sign for me that I need to just let go, and what I'm looking for will come in the oddest way sometimes that I might not have been expecting or anticipating.
Speaker 1: That is a great suggestion. Dev I am reading the weirdest book right now. I went to our little library book sale a couple of weeks ago and I found this book called The Key by Whitley Strieber. You know Whitley's school, The Community, Okay, Yeah, So he's on a book tour for the sequel to The Communion, and this strange little man knocks on his hotel room door, and I'm only halfway through. I don't know if it's an angel, if it's an off planet being, if it's his guide, I don't know. But they spend the whole night in conversation, and Whitley asked him like, can I take notes? And one of the things this little man says to Whitley after he asks him, what is psychic ability and how can we access it. I've got to send you the paragraph of how this man answers it because I need our psychiatrist email listener friend to help me interpret it.
Speaker 3: It was just a lot of technical stuff.
Speaker 1: But one of the things he says is you have to develop super position. And I was like, what is that? So I had to look that up. And it's the ability to be focused on one thing and yet be aware of everything else going on around you. To maintain that concentration but not hyper focused, so you block out everything else. And that's kind of to me what you were just saying to this listener.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's where we let go that stuff comes intimes. Yeah, it really is. I mean, think about this when you've got something you want to remember, Like for me, I've got lyrics going through my head. Who wrote that song? Where did it come from? And I am just nuts about it until I find it? And if I will stop being perseverative about who wrote the lyrics that I'm I'm singing in my head and I go do something else and I think later, eventually it will come back and it will say John Cougar, Mellencamp and I go, oh, okay, thanks.
Speaker 1: That's so true, because we have to give ourselves that grease of space.
Speaker 2: That's right, exactly. Okay, thank you for that question. Shall we move on? Yes? I did my first vanishing spell this week for a former friend who has a very negative and disruptive energy for me and my marriage. She recently reappeared in my life unexpectedly. I wrote her name on paper and folded it away from me. I added pepper oil and rosemary and set it on fire. As I looked into the cauldron, I was shocked to see a nail had appeared. I've never used a nail in my practice, and the cauldron was cleaned before I used it. I know this is significant, but I'm not sure what that means. Can you give me some insight?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if you saw this email, but she included a picture I did.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: There's a nail there.
Speaker 2: I saw it.
Speaker 3: Is that like an apport?
Speaker 1: Like just something spiritually appearing?
Speaker 2: Okay, here's the real short answer to this woman's question from dem I don't have a clue. I have no life. I'm not being funny. I mean it. I don't have a clue. Well, well, I may know why, but I don't know how that nail got in that cauldron? Did it? Anyway? All right, let me start at the beginning. Okay, First of all, I don't do vanishing spells, particularly maybe once or twice in my whole life have I done anything where I put something away from me. Rather, I would much rather work in bringing in light energy and bringing in the positive rather than banishing the negative. That's my perspective. Those have you been listening to this podcast for a long time. I'm the one who jokes about Samantha being light and bubbly and pink right. Well, when it comes to my work, I can be that way too, and so I'm not a banishing kind of gale. I would instead do a protection spell, a border spell, for example, or I would do something to wish this person well in their life away from me. So my focus would have been different than what this person did the nail. I am aware that that is a symbol of unpleasantry in relationships. I understand that somebody once offered me nails that they had pulled from a coffin.
Speaker 3: And I so the hell offered you that.
Speaker 2: We will not talk about that on gone air. Okay, but somebody offered me nails, thinking I might want to use them in my work, and I'm like, no, I don't work goals. And I really ended relationship with that person.
Speaker 3: Oh that scares me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sorry, what's your view of fire? Because I don't do spells, But I.
Speaker 1: Read all these books and we have all these authors on and I look at their stuff and I see different things, like, if you want something to happen really really quickly, you write your goal or intention and then you burn it, and then I see other things. No, you only use fire to get rid of stuff.
Speaker 2: The answer is that works the way you believe it works. Okay, And again it's about intention, but I understand the question really is about the nail, and the answer is, I really don't know how that nail appeared in your caldron answer to that, But I do know this. I knew, No, I wouldn't keep that nail.
Speaker 3: What would you do with it? Throw it into running water?
Speaker 2: I would either do that or I would bury it and give it back to mother Earth. Because remember, nails are made of iron, which.
Speaker 3: Is a bury it off your property, right right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd probably like get a little bag of salt and put the nail in that and then bury it.
Speaker 2: No folks song called rock, Salt and Nails.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: Our last one says, I know I am not alone in saying that your podcast has greatly enriched my life. I think of you both as mentors and friends. I've gotten so much out of the work you do that keeps my passion's curiosity and confidence alive and thriving. Wow. Thank you, Samantha. Your connection to Catholicism and the beautiful way you model your ability to hold space for religion and metaphysics has been a catalyst for me to get back to my Catholic roots. The last four to five months, which has been amazingly fulfilling the world of spirituality, after life, angels and so on, sort of brought things full circle for me. I owe a lot of this to you.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Thank you again.
Speaker 1: My late grandmother, who I adored, was what I called the Queen of Catholics. I was rebellious and rejected traditional religion most of my teen and adult life. She accepted the fact that I had resisted religion, including making my confirmation, and never forced it on me. I had been playing with the idea of making my confirmation, and when I found out through my new church that this would occur on Easter, which happens to fall on my late grandmother's birthday this year, which is very rare, I knew I had to do it. Since signing up, I have been asked to select a confirmation name. I wasn't feeling pulled toward any specific saint name and just left it open for God to show me what it should be. Not long after I heard deb mentioned on the podcast being named after Saint Deborah. I knew in that mon that was my confirmation name. What better person to honor in a name that reflects my spiritual connection than one of my primary spiritual mentors of my life so far, Deb Bowen. Oh, Deb past the tissues.
Speaker 2: I got some things to say about this for aidad Okay.
Speaker 1: She continues, it gets better. I looked into Saint Deborah and saw that she is connected to bees and bee keeping. My husband's spirit animal is the bee, and we very much help each other grow spiritually. He is a non Catholic church goer and was another catalyst for me seeing the value in church and traditional religion. I was so happy to see an additional connection to this name and saying it still gets better. I feel like I'm watching QVC. Wait, there's more. I had been meaning to send this email, and just last night, as I was falling asleep, it occurred to me, what was my grandmother's confirmation name? Oh my gosh, it was Deborah. I was stunned and overwhelmed remembering this. I owe my Catholic roots to my grandmother and am doing this confirmation ceremony mostly in her honor, And it hadn't even occurred to me to ask myself what her confirmation name was. All this time, I knew intuitively I had to come to it on my own, and I feel her smiling on all of the non religious ways I connect to spirituality as represented by deb I hope the story makes you both smile and know that this Easter I will be taking on the name Deborah as part of my spiritual identity with my grandmother, my husband, and my psychic teachers in my heart.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I am so embarrassed.
Speaker 3: Why why are you embarrassed?
Speaker 2: I'm honored, but I'm so embarrassed. I mean, good golly, oh my golly. Oh, that's a huge honor, and I so appreciate it. Thank you so much. What I actually said on that episode she's referring to was not Saint Deborah, but Judges Deborah. In the Old Testament of the Book of Judges, there is a woman named Deborah, and.
Speaker 3: She heard Saint Deblis.
Speaker 2: She heard that.
Speaker 3: There's a reason for that, because.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything about Saint Deborah. I'm honored, and I thank you. And I love that it's about your grandmother and your husband and about connecting to your own spiritual growth and process. And I love that when one word, no matter what the word is, becomes a catalyst and a connector amongst so many ways of being in the world. For example, in my newsletter early in January, I wrote about my word for the year being empty. That is my word empty, and so much happened, and so many of you have written me about how that has felt to you to find that word as a lists for you as well. So I love all of our connection with that. But the web just keeps growing with that word, and I have a feeling that your confirmation name will keep growing with you in layers of how you look at the meaning of all the information that comes connected to that word. For you. So when Easter comes around, I will be thinking of you and your confirmation name on that morning. How wonderful. Thank you.
Speaker 1: We should light a candle for her on Easter morning, I will.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love that. That is so beautiful.
Speaker 1: She's right, there is more because think about everything that had to happen, Easter's landing on her grandmother's birthday.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I mean the connections, that's so so beautiful.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I try not to read reviews of my books because you know that's tricky and hard. And someone left a review and it said something like I really enjoyed this book even though I heard most of this on her podcast, and it wasn't like a bad.
Speaker 3: Review, do you know what I mean? But I just looked at.
Speaker 1: That and I was like, yeah, after fifteen years, do I have anything new to say? Which just kind of sent me into this little slump. Does that ever happen to you where you're like, yeah, I don't know that I have anything new to offer or say or give. And then I read an email like this and it's like, no, it doesn't have to be that hard. Samantha to Echo or other listener, just keep on keeping on and sharing your light. That's what it's all about.
Speaker 2: It really is, and golly we're trying. We do have some new things coming up this year and some things we want to revisit.
Speaker 1: But anyway, thank you so much everyone. All of these emails and stories just are really so touching and so affirming and remind us that.
Speaker 3: We really are a community.
Speaker 1: We really are sitting around a little fireplace tonight listening to all of this and connecting with one another. And if any of these stories have touched your heart, I really would invite you all to say a prayer for all of these listeners who are going through big stuff and happy stuff and hard stuff, because we can all use every bit of positive energy floating our way.
Speaker 2: Absolutely we can. There's no such thing as enough light and love in the world.
Speaker 3: That's great. Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 1: If you want to send in a question, remember just email us Psychic Teachers at gmail and we will be back with you next week. In the meantime, be the light for yourself and others.
Speaker 2: Take care everyone.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Psychic Teachers, your podcast for seekers, light workers, mystics, and magical thinkers. If you like the show, please tell a friend or leave us a review wherever you listen to your podcast. For more information, check out our Facebook page, Psychic Teachers, or our websites Samantha Fay dot com and Debbowen dot com. Thanks for listening and have a great week.