Speaker 1: Mac. The other day, my wife said to me, and I'm not really sure how to take this, but she said, you smell like garlic. Who are you Dracula?
Speaker 2: Oh that's not she made No.
Speaker 1: That's what I said to her too. And you know what she did. She fixed her fake glasses.
Speaker 2: You know your wife fashion icon. We wearing glasses just to look cool, because that's I thing I think people do know. When we were kids, you're called four eyes.
Speaker 1: But now I'm saying more, No, she did not have glasses on. She was calling me a nerd for correcting her.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's not a Dracula thing, is not. That's a survival thing. That's what that's come on. Now, she would die to a Dracula very easily. She would have died in sinners instantly. That's she doesn't know what she's doing.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's someone saying, oh, you like fire, Who are you, Frankenstein?
Speaker 2: You know what it's a kin? Do is? I am trained in putting fires out right with water. People really like to think that I'm an expert fire starter. I said, I don't think you understand what I do well.
Speaker 1: But also if I asked you right now to start a fire. Could you do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I could probably do it better than most, but that's not what I'm trained in. You know, I might know the the the chemical reaction a little bit better than most, but I mean I'm an expert at putting or at starting fires, just as you know Dracula. Garlic puts Dracula out. She missed it, she missed the mark, but also little racist on her part. Right, you're Italian.
Speaker 1: Garlic right now, I do smell like garlic. One Go three, Yeah, job three, King of Queen Mall Street Entertainment. I'm good and I'm mad, and we are the Mac and Goo Program. We bring you friendship.
Speaker 2: Yes, and today we're taking you way back to a time where Good and I were were kids looking for friends. We were eleven years old, back in the year two thousand and the yassuh. If you've been a listener to this podcast for a long time, a staple of this program was the Mac and gooviy Vault series where we went back all the way to nineteen eighty three, nineteen eighty three, five five, and we talked about the best movies in a given year. So this is not unlike that. We're going to go back to years more specifically during our childhood. We're not going to go back as far as we did with the Gouy Vault and just basically do essentially a year in review. What was that year like, what what was the media? What, you know, what we're watching, what were we listening to? What was that like? And we'll we'll talk about it here.
Speaker 1: Movies only play a very small part of what these episodes are going to be. It's going to be what the big pop call sure touchstone moments are from the year, and that could range from anything to anything.
Speaker 2: And I believe Goo and I were in sixth grade. We started an end in sixth grade in the year two thousand. I'm pretty sure, right.
Speaker 1: It might be fifth at the end, and then the start of sixth yeah, I believe you're it was the summer heading into this, we.
Speaker 2: Graduated Jesus Christ, is how old we are. We graduated elementary school in the year two thousand. That's correct, started sixth grade in the year two thousand, So that's where you and I were at that point. I'm sure some of you graduated high school that year, and some of this episode is based around that. You know, in the year two thousand, we're going to be giving out some superlatives and talking about what was the most year two thousand type of thing.
Speaker 1: And also, as you can tell by the title of this episode, this is the first of our tierbook series. Due to licensing rights, this portion of the podcast cannot play in the audio episode. That won't be in the audio portion if you're listening, I don't want to get flagged if we get taken down on YouTube. Who gives a shit.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're gonna take down a recorder version of Vitamin C's graduation. But if they do, YouTube's got bigger problems.
Speaker 1: That's it's all the time or the years we spent together or had together. By the end of this running gag, this running bit, these shows, we're gonna figure out the lyrics to Vitamin C's graduation.
Speaker 2: Gu Unfortunately for your right, when we graduated in high school in the year of two thousand and seven, we didn't do any superlatives. And I think that's absolute horseshit. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I know because like my wife my life, who went to a different Massachusetts school, they had it in their yearbook and she won best Dressed.
Speaker 2: I tell you, one of the best things is looking back at people's high school yearbooks and seeing shit like the super superlatives. For the people at home, what it is a superlative? You think I could have won in the year two thousand and seven, and I'll do.
Speaker 1: You, future, bald asshole, I think you could have.
Speaker 2: You would have been in the running for clash Clown. I don't know if you would have won it, but you would have been on the short list.
Speaker 1: Should I be proud of that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know should be I don't have a long way, come a long way. If they did best laugh, I might have had a chance. I don't know if I.
Speaker 1: Will say this, as I have brought you to a couple company parties and people have pointed out your smile and your laugh as a very welcoming magnetic Yes. Yeah, whereas me they they question why I'm here?
Speaker 2: All right? So for the year two thousand, we will be giving out ten super superlatives aka the Ten Commandments. I don't know, that's just the first thing I thought of when I thought the number ten. And we get a call again or no, come up with a ten command them. So for the year two thousand, most likely to succeed. Our nominees were the PlayStation two, coming off the heels of all the hot video games in the middle and late nineties, Survivor GOO. This was the year the television show Survivor took the countries by storm ended up becoming the biggest show of the year. But I think your winner for most likely to succeed, and as we saw it play out, of course, we have some hindsight here. Goo is comic book movies. Comic book movies. Thank God and Kevin Faigy for producing the movie X Men in the year two thousand. It was the sixth highest grossing movie of the year. It provided a proof of concept for these franchise comic book movies and not just one offs that we had had some successful movies of in the past. So you're winner for most likely to s see the year two thousand X Men slash Combook.
Speaker 1: So I almost think that we maybe want to put poles online of like one or the other, because I think that the PlayStation who might be the winner here because it quite possibly I don't know if it's the best video game console of all time, but the game library is the best of all time and it ran for so long and people are still using their PlayStation two. A big thing about it is because you could play DVDs on there.
Speaker 2: So the whole reason why I want to do the episode this way is for that.
Speaker 1: No, we can just do this very quickly one minute.
Speaker 2: We also the concept of this episode might change three times by the time.
Speaker 1: By the way, we don't know what we're doing yet, so we haven't even stamped what the rules are yet. We might stamp remove the rules.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that someone This sounds like Velcrow.
Speaker 1: It was a very limited access to what I had for sound effects, and that is removing a stamp.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with any of those three winnings. Survived I was actually between Survivor and comic book movies. PlayStation two was third for me. But whatever, three good nominades. I'd say comic book movies.
Speaker 1: You say PlayStation, I say PlayStation two. Hop down in the comment section the YouTube and tell us what you think. Smash that subscribe button, give us a thumbs up. Put the little bell on so that when we put a video out, you get to watch it immediately. You get told immediately, your phone will tell you goo.
Speaker 2: You're most likely to be famous for the year two thousand and I'm gonna give this essentially the Newcomer Award. Here we had our nominees Cisco, Jessica Simpson, the new Destiny's Child lineup that's right out, go LaTavia Robinson and LaToya Lucky Income Fair, Franklin and Michelle Williams, who ends up being their long term Joaquin Phoenix survivor nominated again here, Frankie Munez, Malcolm in the Middle, Hi Leboeuf burst onto the scene as well. Even Stevens to me Goo the winner here most likely to be famous is Joaquin Phoenix. I leaned him. I think he stands out just ahead of the other ones. Now, the Beyonce factor in Destiny's Child is tough to ignore, but I think you have to save that for maybe the year she goes solo, you know, Okay.
Speaker 1: So if we're doing if we're doing that, we're doing comment down below. I would lean Destiny's Child. Jessica Simpson had a.
Speaker 2: Real nice run, hot hot, she burned real hot, she burned bright early.
Speaker 1: And then Shia lebuff because even Stevens big for us, I don't know how big it was with anyone beyond our age group. Because most people would fall back on Frankie Munez. But beyond Malcolm in the middle, of course, he gave his big fat liar agent Cody Banks. I don't know which one is which, but he races cars now he sells olive oil.
Speaker 2: I also think Survivor could win like four of these. But if it's not Survivor, Joaquin Phoenix had been in a couple somewhat notable things prior, but this is the year he does Gladiator and really cements himself as an up and coming star. That's why I think it should be Joaquin Phoenix. But again, a lot of good nominee.
Speaker 1: Brother of River real name Raphael Bottom.
Speaker 2: Go yes your nominees for most athletic in the year two thousand. Shaquille O'Neal the Lakers win their first championship, put the Shaq and Kobe combination, matam Bro the Devils win their second. Stanley Cupp Derek Jeter, the Yankees cap up a third straight cement their dynasty. I don't know who to nominate from them. You could go Clements, you could go Bernie, you could go Rivera. I think all three were better than jee.
Speaker 1: I don't need any of them. Actually, I don't need any of those four.
Speaker 2: That's fine. Pedro Martinez gu puts up eleven point seven war and arguably the greatest pitching season of all time and deep in the steroid. Ever, I think that's an easy winner. In ninety percent of the years, however, we get Tiger Woods. In the year two thousand, who finally becomes Tiger nine wins three majors. He achieved a scoring average of sixty eight point one seven, breaking the previous record held by Byron Nelson, like sixty years earlier, he broke her tied twenty seven PGA Tour records, and he started. He played in twenty tournaments that year and finished in the top five and seventeen of them. So I think it's got to be Tiger Woods. He made He was the first person to ever make no.
Speaker 1: I would say that Tiger Woods is not only a national icon, an international icon, and this is the year that really pushed forth him being a true champion of the sport. Pedro Martinez might be more regional because I still think that outside of the New England area, he might not get the respect that he deserves for that five season run that he had with the Red Sox even nationally. I think Shack might get it over Pedro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you might be right. I also think Pedro got stiffed from an MVP that year. He's oh my god. Yeah, well as a cy young so there's that whole discussion as well. He gets stiffed here, not because of anyone else in his sports, just because Tiger's Tiger. Gu You're most dramatic for the year two thousand. This could be a little bit of everything. Our nominees here Metallica, they fucked up music downloading for all that young fans.
Speaker 1: And we'll get into it more with the tiers later, but they get blamed for it more than other people. But other artists were in on this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were just the most famous artists and really were really was the voice of mouthpiece for the movement. Why two k super dramatic, Nothing happened a blip on the radar, really, I suppose for for the beginning part of the year two thousand and then this one. I combine this too because it's kind of all of the same. It affects it's the same people sort of.
Speaker 1: Making I think of different things. Although one is so Janet Reno.
Speaker 2: So the United States Government. Most dramatic in the year two thousand, we have the Eli and Gonzales situation, which was not great for most people involved, and then you had the two thousand presidential election, which was an actual absolute shit show. So to me, the most dramatic in the year two thousand the United States government.
Speaker 1: Which is really funny because the most dramatic of that bunch would be Al Gore and he's an emotionless ghoul. I'll go white two.
Speaker 2: K Okay, I'm cool with that too. Our best friends or frenemies for the year two thousand, This one could go either way.
Speaker 1: By the way, Mack did all this stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we could have more nominees, but these two are so strong.
Speaker 1: Go to the comment section below and tell us more nominees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if we missed one, go ahead and fly it in here. But I think these are two so over the top obvious ones that define the year and the era. You have Brittany and Christina friends frenemies, Backstreet Boys and then SINC. Friends frenemies. Whichever one I go, Britney Christina. I think there was more respect between Backstreet and then SINC. Than there was Brittany and Christina, so I think they're better friends.
Speaker 1: I agree, And I also look at Backstreet versu in SINC as almost like a two horse race where you know you do have ninety eight degrees also sniffing around there, but especially this year, I think in SINC pulled ahead of Backstreet Boys.
Speaker 2: You could probably argue Backstreet was ahead leading into this year and the other aspect. And this is why I think it's a better friendly battle. Brittany was always ahead of a Christina, so I think Christina was always the underdog, and that's a better friend of me situation.
Speaker 1: And I also feel like Christina thought that she was more talented than Brittany and she was slighted.
Speaker 2: Christina's for sure a better singer, but it didn't matter in the year two.
Speaker 1: Thousands, right, we want performers, and Brittany had the banger music videos.
Speaker 2: Yes, and everyone wanted to bang her.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, MACU.
Speaker 2: The cutest couple nominees for the year two thousand, we had uh one that.
Speaker 1: None of these have aged well. By the way, none of these have aged well.
Speaker 2: You have Jennifer Lopez and puff Daddy was still puff Daddy at the time. I think he was committing a lot of crimes back then. But there you go, Nickolasha and Jessica Simpson. I think it was the first year they became like a m This way, I might go with these two, Carson Dally and Tara Reid. Huh, yeah, I forgot about that. Good for Carson Daily, that's for sure. Of course, Brittany Britney Spears Justin Timberlake. That might be the obvious answer, but alas someone that supplants them, I think Brad Pitt and Jennifer Anderson they were the couple. They were who everyone wanted to be and rooted for. Brittany and Justin was cute and it was fun because they were young. Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston, Yeah, we're the couple.
Speaker 1: It's the cute puppy dog couple with Justin and Brittany. We've found out more things after the thing of it, but like Brad and Jennifer still respect each other, so that's nice. And they got married this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. There you go, there's your answer. Your class clown nominates for the year two thousand y two. K right back up and there why not Frankie Munez Classic little middle school class clown. He might be in like sixth grade. Here, Malcolm in the middle.
Speaker 1: I would take the younger brother, what's his name with the ears, Dewey Dewey. There we go. He's not he's not doing the revival show because he's anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Larry David burst onto the scene with Kirby Enthusiasm.
Speaker 1: And let everyone know that he was George Kastanza. This was the thing, is like, look, I know that I was a writer on that show, but it's based off me, and now I'm gonna swear.
Speaker 2: And obviously Curb is maybe my favorite show of all time, so maybe a little biased here. You also have Jim Carrey had me myself and Irene and the Grinch that came out both did pretty well, and of course notorious clash clown. That's a good nominee uh one that I think people forget about you and I won't hashtag dork. Won't Tom Green the Tom Green Show on MTV. You had road Trip and you had Charlie's Angels. He was in so he was pretty prominent.
Speaker 1: Was this the year for the bum Bum song?
Speaker 2: I think it was the year after, I want to say, or the year before I don't believe it was the year two thousand, but I could be wrong. If it is, he probably wins. And then our final nominee Eminem. Eminem was having fun rapping. We had the Marshall mathis LP second album come out in the year two thousand off. This album had the real someome shady the way I am and Stan maybe a little more serious than all these other clash clowns, but good nominees.
Speaker 1: Nonetheless, you okay, so Lonely Swedish came out in the year nineteen ninety nine. Okay, that is gonna give it to Eminem.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, over Larry David you think, Yeah, all right. Eminem's our class clown.
Speaker 1: He clowned on everyone on TRL. Remember when he took over mt music videos were a very fast took over MTV one time, and he didn't a sketch on What was that late night soft core porn show that they had on on MTV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, the late nights HBO. HBO had cat House and Taxi Cab Confessions.
Speaker 1: It was like it was like something called Naked.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know. Eminem is your winner for clash clown Year of two thousand. Goo Your nominees for Life of the Party and the Year two thousand. Of course, PlayStation two a lot of people hung out and party.
Speaker 1: Dress too undressed.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, sure, sure, why not.
Speaker 1: It isn't Bliss from the Oxygen network, but it's close.
Speaker 2: You had Cisco with the Thong song that was played at every party ever if you went to a party of the year two thousand. Destiny's Child had say My Name Jumping Jumping Faith Hill Song of the Year Goo Breathe, Great tune, Great fucking tune, and that song was the first country music recording to be ranked number one since Johnny Horton's That All of Knowledge in nineteen fifty nine. There's a fun fact for you.
Speaker 1: So fun.
Speaker 2: Santana had Smooth Maria Maria the number two, number three singles of the year. That's in sync had the number one album of the year, No strings attached eminem of course, we just mentioned the Realsom Shady The way I Am Stan Britney spears. This is at the tail end of Baby one More Time. Oops, I did it again? Comes out in the year two thousand. So you have simultaneously on the radio at all times. You drive me crazy. Born to make you happy from the bottom of my broken heart. Oops, I did it again, Lucky Stronger. I think Life of the Party is either between Britney because of the volume, or Cisco for the thong song.
Speaker 1: I'll say Cisco Thong song.
Speaker 2: Okay, Cisco Thong song is your winner. Life of the Party Year two thousand. Good, We got two left here. Your biggest flirt nominees for the year two thousand. Your man Brad Pitt when sexiest man alive. I think he's a He's an AFT nominee. Here you have Jennifer Lopez. It's the year of the green Dress. Dress the Green Dress Year two thousand for jail that's tough to beat. We've mentioned Britney a bunch here. She's a natural nominee for here. Julia Roberts. She's everywhere, She's on the big screen, She's all over the place. Jennifer Aniston, one part of the sexiest couple in the world, Angelina Joe Lee starting to pop up here too, Go huh, a little foreshadowing there. And then of course you have Christina Aguilera playing second fiddle and Beyonce. Now that Dusty's child is becoming more popular, she's more at the forefront. I feel like that jalre.
Speaker 1: Jalo a dress, the Jay dress. And then was it the next year or was it the end of the year where Trey Stone and Matt Parker ripped it off.
Speaker 2: I think it was the next year at the VMA's Acid. Yeah, yeah, all right, gu our final superlative for the year two thousand, Future President, but I'm essentially calling this the MVP of the year. Your nominees again, you have Survivor, Tiger Woods in syncs up there, Britney Spears, eminem got the two Grammys, dropped the Marshall Madas LP, George Clooney. In the year two thousand, gou, he has er one of the best shows on television. Oh Brother, where Aren't out? The Perfect Storm? Very successful year. Look at this though, gu mel Gibson three top twenty grossing movies on the ear The Patriot, What Women Want co starring Helen Hunt and Chicken Run Chicken Run for Mel Gibson, Oh, Chicken Run. And then you have Carlo Santana Smooth Maria Maria. It's a tough one. This is a tough one. Gil. I don't know where to where to lean with this one. For for the MVP of the year two thousand.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is for MVP. I thought you mean future president, like someone that actually could run for president because.
Speaker 2: No, well in this in today's age, yes.
Speaker 1: But say, if that's the case, George Clooney would be someone that could run for president.
Speaker 2: George Clooney. I mean Mel Gibson couldn't because of drunk voicemails.
Speaker 1: But that doesn't matter anymore nothing.
Speaker 2: But I also feel like, you know, coming back and as a younger crowd eleven years old, we didn't know Carlo Santana until this album, so maybe it's Santana.
Speaker 1: It's more of a comeback though it's more of a Kim k No.
Speaker 2: I know, but he's it's it was such a great comeback. It's borderline MVP level. So if you want to take if you want to remove him, because he's more comeback, it's got to be between eminem and Britney.
Speaker 1: Right, it's probably Tiger. It's probably Brittany. That's Brittany or Tiger, you're right.
Speaker 2: Or Survivor because it's been nominated for so many things, I'll say Brittany. Brittany can win everything if she'd like. So your MVP for the year two thousand, Britney Spears. Lock it up. Bang.
Speaker 1: Now let's get to the second part of the tier book, what you all came for. We are going to put up numerous things from the year and we are going to tier them where they belong as how important they are not only at the time, but how they feel now, what has lasted over the years, and we will share on the screen right now what the tears are. We have at the top changed the world, second level, this is the future, third lasting impact. Second to the bottom is a blip on the radar, just a fad. And then at the bottom, first the garbage, the bin pointless. The cops say it doesn't matter. And of course when it comes to our tiers, we each have two moves. So if Mac wants to put something somewhere, I can move it twice. But if we want to put something somewhere and permanently have it there, we each have one stamp butts to combat that. We each have one stamp remover.
Speaker 2: Should we just get rid of the stamp remover because it's just I don't know if the stamp remover is actually doing anything. If we if we have just one and one. We're just gonna remove each other's stamp.
Speaker 1: Once again, this is a work in progress. Should we have three moves, two stamps, one remover.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's enough items for that, though.
Speaker 1: There's one hundred items here.
Speaker 2: Two moves, two stamps, one remover.
Speaker 1: Two moves, two stamps, one.
Speaker 2: Remover, just to kick drum for the stamp.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's up boom right there.
Speaker 2: I get what it invokes.
Speaker 1: It's a theater of the mind around here.
Speaker 2: MA, sure, sure? Can you make it so that the UURL doesn't show? Is that a thing?
Speaker 1: How about this? I can do everything in post. Okay, what you're seeing right now? The cops say it doesn't matter? All right, here we go the first thing up that this is the first thing of the year. As the clock struck mid literally in nineteen ninety nine, as we hit zero zero zero zero zero zero zero zero two thousand y two, k I am gonna say the cops say it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I would say, blip on the radar fad because although nothing there was no fallout for it. The six month ramp up made it a bit of a fad. It was. It was a conversation piece and every aspect of life for a while.
Speaker 1: You're right, because we also still have movies made with that title. People still joke about it. We had Y two J for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 1: How about and they built a beautiful I wouldn't say colisseum, but a building in the area for this the Sydney Summer Olympics.
Speaker 2: I gotta be honest, I don't remember much from the Sydney Summer Olympics, and I generally like the Olympics. These don't really stick out to me, so I would say, blip on the radar.
Speaker 1: What we're gonna do here? Matc is I think through these years, through these twenty five years of tearbooks, is you love reality television?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And one of the reality shows that started in the year two thousand is Big Brother? Where do you put Big Brother?
Speaker 2: So I am not a Big Brother guy. The concept is easy to understand, and I get why it's been so popular over the last twenty five years. If you don't know what the term big Brother stems from, it's from being watched at all times from you know, the government. In this case, it's the general public, it's the viewers. I think it is this is the future or it could be lasting impact, actually lasting impact, because it is sort of the way reality TV turned into and Big Brother was the first show. Now I could be wrong about this, it's the first show I remember giving you access to a live feed online, so even when you weren't when they weren't showing the show on TV, you could like go online and watch Big Brother. I don't know if that happened in the year two thousand, but it happened at some point.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're the expert on this, so I'm not even gonna fight you on this one. Okay, I'll say this is the future. That's fine. How about the Nokia thirty three to ten.
Speaker 2: I think at some point from our age group and older, everyone had this phone. Everyone playing remembers playing Snake on this phone moreover, right, so lasting impact.
Speaker 1: I think, thinking back to my childhood, the phone that sticks out in my brain the most is the Chirp Chirp. But that's not an option here.
Speaker 2: That this the RAZORLG shit Amount Rushmore, but this one, the the Nokia phone was the first phone I ever remember seeing like kiosks in the mall having all these face plates for it. They'd have like fifty you could choose from. So I think it has a lasting impact.
Speaker 1: Let's go to a piece of news that devastated you. You didn't go to school for a week. I remember this, and that is when Charles Schultz died, the Peanuts guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's somewhere in the bottom too. I don't I don't know how much.
Speaker 1: Can I make a pitch to you to why this might be lasting impact?
Speaker 2: Okay, sure, he made it a rule that when he died, no one else could do Peanut comic strips. Oh I like that. Good lasting impact?
Speaker 1: Your lasting impact, rip Charles Schultz. The PlayStation two release, this changed the world.
Speaker 2: It definitely did, for sure.
Speaker 1: I mentioned earlier the game library is amazing. This had a DVD. So what happened here is that DVD players cost a lot of money at the time.
Speaker 2: They were like four to five hundred dollars or something.
Speaker 1: Like that, or it might've been been a little bit cheaper at that time, but it was comparable to what the PS two costs. So people said, why don't I just buy a PlayStation two that plays DVDs and I can also play games.
Speaker 2: I'm getting a premium gaming system and essentially a DVD player for.
Speaker 1: Free and you know not to you know, pull up old wounds for myself. Because this gaming system was so successful and people were waiting for this, the Sega Dreamcast died.
Speaker 2: I mean PS two I got probably in the year two thousand, if not for a Christmas that year at the end of the year, and I had it up through college through sophomore year college, so I had it for eight ron.
Speaker 1: I mean, I remember that even when I had moved on to I want to say, like the PS four, maybe my sister was still using the PS two. There you go, the guitar hero Bang Destiny's Child and like you said, this was the lineup change year. This is changing the world.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Though? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I would say lasting impact, and it's not the future because gold groups didn't really become the future, right, it was sort of in the past there. I just feel like Desty's Child has a lasting impact.
Speaker 1: Beyonce, Beyonce is Beyonce has changed. Beyonce did change the world because girls they run the world.
Speaker 2: I gonna stamp Deesty's Child at Lasting Impact.
Speaker 1: Oh what No, that's too Lowang, Can I put it above Charles Schultz?
Speaker 2: You could do that, Okay? Okay, fuck, don't put it above that fucking Nokia.
Speaker 1: Though I'm not putting it above the Nokia. But how about no Strings Attached. This was the third studio album for InSync, and like I said, this is what made them like True Royalty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because this is they had a little bit more songwriting freedom and we started to see Justin Timberlake emerge ads like the guy of the group, not unlike Beyonce and Destiny's Child. I also, yeah, so I I don't know if it's this is the future. It's the same argument as Dusty's Child. So I would say lasting impact. I guess because of their lead people, you could argue those two could be bumped up. But as the group lasting impact.
Speaker 1: I'll say lasting impact. And of course with no strings attached, you know, they had just cut from their boy band Dictator and they were off on their own.
Speaker 2: They had more freedom.
Speaker 1: The next one, I do think is a world changing movie, and that is Gladiator, not only box office but award winning prestige.
Speaker 2: Tough one to evaluate, although we'd be kidding ourselves if every kid from like ten to sixteen didn't have this as like their favorite movie at the time.
Speaker 1: Think of the parodies. Think of the quote ability.
Speaker 2: And I also liked the aspect because we've gotten away from it, but we're sort of getting back to it where blockbuster successes can also win the major awards, which this movie did. Did it change the world? Though? All right, go stamped it. I sanded out one stepped out for me?
Speaker 1: All right, the next one and you've already had it as what did you give it? Uh?
Speaker 2: This was uh let me scroll at the top. He real quick, this was the most likely to succeed Okay, comic book movies as a result, right, this movie.
Speaker 1: So I think that X Men did do a lot, and I think this is the future for X Men because I think that the next year, Spider Man changed the world, even though Spider Man was twenty oh two.
Speaker 2: Right, spider Man might have been two thousand and two, It could have been two thousand and one, but this was first, that's right now.
Speaker 1: I know it's first, but Spider Man took what was good about this and also I think brought in a whole new audience as well.
Speaker 2: Well. That's why I think the difference here is like X Men, this is a future spider Man would be change the world.
Speaker 1: This is days of Future Past.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we put it above Big Brother, by the way, Yeah, I appreciate that thing.
Speaker 1: A movie that not only hit with our age range, but I feel like every older person was also in on this comedy, and that was Meet the Fokers.
Speaker 2: It's for sure a lasting impact because everyone's made Gaylord Falker jokes and it's directly referencing this movie, you know. So it it's not even like rewatchability. It's just okay, no rewatchability. It's really funny rewatchability. It makes you love Owen Wilson's character that much more. It's it's good.
Speaker 1: It's a good de Naro's first dip into comedy. I don't know about that, so I think that's also plays a huge thing. This is before de Naro was paying child support and live support to all these x's and stuff, and he was just just doing things for the love of it.
Speaker 2: Jinxy Cat shout out, chinxy Cat.
Speaker 1: I could use the toilet, all right, So we have it in lasting impact. It's above Charles Schultz but behind Destiny's Childhood in Sync.
Speaker 2: All right, that's fair.
Speaker 1: But what about Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
Speaker 2: This was a smash, so it's for sure got to be below X Men and Gladiator. But I still might think it's like this is the future because it's like it's really creative movie making and not this is like sort of what the Matrix did right, a little bit of that where it's like, oh, we can do shit like this in movies. Like technology and practical stuff has sort of like made this possible. So I would say this is the future, which is weird because no one really talks about that movie. You know, I haven't heard anyone bring up that movie in forever, but this for sure the future of movie making.
Speaker 1: It's weird where it's the future but it's not lasting impact. Yeah, that's what I'm kind of just wasn't a blip on the radar. It could be.
Speaker 2: It might be I don't feel strongly enough about the movie to it's not pointless.
Speaker 1: The cops say it matters.
Speaker 2: No, it's not pointless. I agree.
Speaker 1: Fuck, this might get moved at the end, by the way, we'll go back through all these at the end and move some stuff. Okay, this once again, we talked about it a bit earlier. Is Metallica VERSU Napster, And it was really Lars Ulrich who was constantly in the news trying to bring down So Metallica sued Napster, but before that, corporate fat cats already had sued Napster. There was already like right after Metallica did it, Doctor Dre also sued Napster, and there was a bit of a back and forth at MTV Awards and everything else where Lars called napsters users pussies. But then also at a rally when Lars was talking about this and taking questions, someone said to him, I found your music on Napster and then I bought your CDs, and Lars didn't know what to think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're smack dab in the middle of this era where buying CDs was still cool, having a CD selection was cool. However, a lot of what we were discovering was like, hey, we can just like MP three's were on the horizon and we were gonna be able to have all that storage on a small device and play it in your car. But there is a point to that you could download music that you maybe liked and then eventually you would that was still common practice to buy an album, you know, to me, you know, the argument amongst the whole thing aside I think this changed the world because what this led to was the streaming services for music we have today. Right, they had to figure out how the artists and how the companies could get their cut of the streaming stuff, and it took a decade for them to figure it out, and more than then some I ended up buying so much music on iTunes. I had like ten thousand songs on iTunes, and then they just poop pooed that away because it all went to the shared streaming on Apple Music and on Spotify. But that all began because of stuff like the suits against Napster.
Speaker 1: Lars also did a very odd MTV Award sketch with Marlon Wayne where he's like, oh, I can just steal all your stuff too. Then then he stole his girlfriend he put a sticker on her bum. He also got into many arguments. Was Sean Fanning at those at those awards and I believe Napster. Were they found guilty of aiding and abetting copyright infringement or was that what they were accused of. I know that they did eventually become like a like a pay streaming type of thing, but they couldn't make money off it, so they were like, we can't do anything with this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then the funny part is like it didn't even matter, Like we were mad because naps is the one we used, but then we just switched to like four different streaming. There was always a new Napster. We were always ahead of it. You know.
Speaker 1: It was always funny about like Napster and LimeWire is that usually when you found a song that you really liked, it was the wrong song or they put the wrong artist on it. They're like, oh, this has led Zeppelin's Magic Carpet, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or there was like a DJ tag at terrible parts of the song. But like, so I see Limewires coming up here next, so maybe we should just jump to that. LimeWire was like the third or fourth iteration for me. There was bear Share and there was other stuff. I didn't really get into LimeWire until maybe three to oh four, So.
Speaker 1: We do blip on the radar for LimeWire.
Speaker 2: I ended up using LimeWire for longer than I use Napster. So yeah, go lasting impact on LimeWire.
Speaker 1: Lasting impact because you.
Speaker 2: Could frost Wire was a blip on the radar.
Speaker 1: You could download videos on there too, and you could ruin your computer.
Speaker 2: Some real naughty ones.
Speaker 1: You could destroy your computer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had. I had a little father son convo one day about things that were being downloaded on the computer. It you know my father, I had this conversation with him recently. He had to have a little sit down with me because my stepmother scrolled across something on the computer and I knew, at eleven years old how to delete cookies in history and whatnot. So when I was getting talking to I'm like, motherfucker, what did I miss? How did I miss it? I'm not I'm usually pretty smooth criminal here. I'm clean with my work. Years later, now that I know more about who my father is, I said, motherfucker, is that you? You're the one and you threw me under the bus. And I'm like, you know what, that's fair. That's fair. I'll take that one. Take that one on the chin.
Speaker 1: We had a similar issue where someone at my house recorded late night cinemax and obviously everyone's gonna throw the blame on me. Yeah, I'm like, why would I why would I record it? I'm awake at that time. The mystery was never solved. Yeah, but let's just say I know it was my father.
Speaker 2: To be fair, there were a couple of culprits in that home, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Let's go on to oh ellon Gonzalez, the boy who was saved by dolphins.
Speaker 2: You know what, I think it was our first pointless one here, right, It wasn't even really it was like newsworthy back then. The first time I heard Alian Gonzalz's name and years I was like, ah, yeah, I remember that. I guess that was kind of pointless. And the cops, the United States cops outright said Elian Gonzalez doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: He became a politician though, And yeah, dolphins found him at sea and they swam him to land.
Speaker 2: It also sounds like that might have been complete bullshit, just might have been a young kid fucking being delusional. So you know, there it.
Speaker 1: Was changing the world. Would be Eminem's second studio album, the LP Slim Shady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's better than I think. It was Marshall Mathers' second LP, right, the first one was some shadio I don't don't remember.
Speaker 1: It was Slim Shady Marshall Mathers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing album, And like those first two albums are both such a crazy combination of fun, funny rap and angry rap, and it just really it really hit with angsty teens that the same way that like early nineties fucking rock music did. Somehow Eminem captured.
Speaker 1: That and then playing into the into the lore of Eminem, into the backstory of Eminem, would be his mother who sued him, not for this album, but for his prior album. I believe it was the Slim Shady EP. Was it the EP?
Speaker 2: I think there were all LP's Okay, she also came out with her own album. It might have been the next year that she came out with her whole album. I think she completely lost that suit as well. But he does, I think talk about like killing her quite a bit in his musick, so I why she'd be mad. But also, you raised or didn't raise this person you were just supposed to pointless, pointless.
Speaker 1: The cops say that she doesn't matter. How about Survivor, you love Survivor.
Speaker 2: Survivor changed the world. There's so many copycat versions of this show too. Of hey, let's take these normal people, put them out in the wilderness and see how they survive, you know, And of course Survivor's different in many aspects. But it so many. There's more copycat shows of Survivor than there is Big Brother.
Speaker 1: The big wedding of the year was Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston. Sadly they did not last beyond twenty five or six when mister and Missus Smith came out a very sexy movie five. I think, yeah, great movie, underrated movie. He was also in an episode of Friends. He sure was. It wasn't this year, but.
Speaker 2: Uh, it actually might. It was probably it might have been in the year two thousand, he was.
Speaker 1: I think it was around that year. It might have been one or oh two, though it was a Thanksgiving episode.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to how to rank. This obviously not really a lasting impact.
Speaker 1: Because no one really, no one talks about it. Yeah, okay, maybe it was a blip then, I know, but I think they're going to get back together soon.
Speaker 2: But it's definitely not this is the future. They didn't change the world. But I don't think they had a lasting impact.
Speaker 1: No, because I look at Branjelina as having more of a lasting impact for sure, and they've also split, so.
Speaker 2: This is like blip blip Because Branjelina also gave us that nickname. We didn't have Braniston and Brenifer. You know, benefer, but that was Ben. That was Ben, and I mean more.
Speaker 1: Than one benefit. All right, Mac, sad news for you. You didn't show up to school a week after this happened, and that was when Katz closed its run on Broadway.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. I didn't know Katz was out that long ago. I don't know how to evaluate this. I'm I've been getting into theater in stage shows more in the last decade of my life, but I'd say Kats is pointless. I'd also say even people that like Broadway in theater shows aren't bragging about Cats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mack had two rough weeks in the year two thousand. We had to keep an eye on him. We had to take his shoelaces when Cats and Charles Schultz passed away. One that I'm not sure. I think it did take off at the beginning, but then didn't hit its true stride for like three or four years, and that would be curb your enthusiasm.
Speaker 2: I almost disagree. I thought it was really strong to start, and then there was it got it kind of petered out a little bit until.
Speaker 1: The I'm saying popularity wise, I think popularity wise, or even the quality of show. When Leon joined the show, that's when the quality of show truly stepped up.
Speaker 2: I also think though this was a bit of proof of concept for HBO, like they had Larry Sanders show too, but like having more quirky comedies was not that common charless. This helped a lot, but it didn't change the world or did it. Like our R rated comedy like this to to be as successful as it was, like that is sort of is it the future? Then lasting impact?
Speaker 1: But it was when people needed more Seinfeld stuff. Seinfeld had just ended. They needed more Seinfeld stuff and this was Seinfeld stuff.
Speaker 2: So what would you say, lasting impact? Future?
Speaker 1: This is the future?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: The next one up here, Oh, the Subway series the Yankees and Mets.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I was coughing thinking about Mike Piazza or Roger kle.
Speaker 1: That's what that's my first thought is Roger Clemens threw a bat at Mike Piazza.
Speaker 2: I think it's just a blip on the radar, right, I don't know I can name that entirely swept the series?
Speaker 1: Did the Mets might have taken game three. What a memorable Mets team though you had Mike Piazza, Robin Ventura at Guardo Alfonso.
Speaker 2: You know who I hate?
Speaker 1: Who's that?
Speaker 2: Scott Brocius.
Speaker 1: I mean we all hate Scott Barrocious. What a bitch Subway series A blip on the radar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm cool with that.
Speaker 1: There was a presidential election m and outside of the politics of it all, we might have had our best SNL run when it came to We had Will Ferrell introducing his George W. Bush versus Daryl Hammond's Locke box Al Gore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so good, so fucking good.
Speaker 1: Will Ferrell might have he created the pinnacle of what a presidential impression should be with this. This might have changed the world.
Speaker 2: Will Ferrell's George W. Was so good he got his own Broadway show. He did. It might have been off Broadway, but he did a whole hour and a half of just him as George Bush.
Speaker 1: Also turned him from a star like everyone knew that he was the funniest person on as to being a true superstar.
Speaker 2: It proved, it proved he could carry something significant, something beyond SNL. I don't know if I would yeah, change the world.
Speaker 1: I don't know that's too late.
Speaker 2: It's a second stamp.
Speaker 1: Okay. So this next one, I was, I was confused the other Billy D made these for us. It was very nice of them. They're kind of confusing sometimes. This next one is the actual election of Bush versus Gore, and I find this to be kind of boring.
Speaker 2: Well, let me let me frame it for you this way. Bill Clinton was a moderately, moderately successful president.
Speaker 1: Pretty well, you're getting poly charged, right.
Speaker 2: Even with the Lewinsky stuff in the impeachment, people still really liked Bill and so his vice president seemed like the natural next character.
Speaker 1: But he was.
Speaker 2: You have the president pre Clinton, George H. W. Bush. Now his son is up. So it's a fascinating clash of worlds, not even ideologies, but because they really weren't that far apart. But what came of this and what the lasting impact is, if not beyond, is most people did not know that you could lose the presidential election but win the popular vote. Al Gore had more people vote for him in the year two thousand than George W. Bush did. And there's a lot of people that found out during the ensuing months that it was possible for you to have less people vote for you yet still win the presidency. So that was significant in and of itself. And now, if you want to get geopolitical, Bush winning really fucked like he he's the likable personality, but his presidency was pretty fucking awful.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what would you rank higher, the actual election or the recount?
Speaker 2: So the recount got crazy too because his brother was involved, Jeb Bush and Florida and their voting system was fucked, so probably in the same tier. They kind of go hand in hand. So it's not the future. But it did change stuff, so lasting impact, i'd say for at least, but like the Bush presidency did change the geopolitical landscape of the whole world though, so put Bush Gore changed the world. Put the recount lasting impact.
Speaker 1: I have no stamps, although I couldn't move things if I really wanted to.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna stamp Bush first, Gore. There you go, all right?
Speaker 1: Was that your second stamp?
Speaker 2: That was my second stamp.
Speaker 1: But we each have stamper movers, if I so please, that's right, all right? The next one here, Billy did mess it up a little bit. It is the opening of three new Major League stadiums. We had the San Francisco Giants, the Houston Astros, and the Detroit Tigers. They all opened new stadiums. He did put the New York Giants in here. I should have been a little more clear. Two of them are beautiful ballparks. One of them they actually had to move the fences in when they first opened the Tigers ballpark, and I believe Juan Gonzales was on the team at the time. He complained because he flew out so many times. He's like, can you move these fences in?
Speaker 2: I believe it was the deepest left field and left center in Major League Baseball, and then it was like four to ten to dead center. So they moved them in almost immediately. And also like, if you look at all the ballparks built in that ten to twenty year span, it's got no discernible features. You don't look forward to playing there.
Speaker 1: Well, well, Houston has the train, Houston has the hill in center field, even the.
Speaker 2: Hill with the flagpole was notable. The pack Bell is an all time great ballpark. That's when you're talking short list of like greatest ballparks ever. San franciscoes up there. The future, the Pittsburgh is up. Yeah, this is the future is a good one. Heh yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: How about pitch man Billy Mays, that's when he burst on the scene.
Speaker 2: All that shit has kind of gone away now, but from two thousand to like what twenty fifteen or twenty ten, get all these late night infomercial guys like this that were maybe a blot by the radar and a fad, not pointless, though not pointless.
Speaker 1: It's his first infomercial.
Speaker 2: He was the oxy clean guy?
Speaker 1: Was oxy Clean? Was his first one? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think so, King of the Pitch, I know that. But what was his first? Oxy Clean? Is his first one? You're right? Okay? Oxy clean? And then he did flex seal correct, Yes, that's right, Billy Mays. What did you say? Blip on the radar?
Speaker 2: It could be lasting impact.
Speaker 1: Though I would say lasting impact. I would then look at someone like the like the sham Wow guy who bit off his tongue. He's more of a blip on the radar, the jack chop guy. Okay, Mac, is there anything on this tier that you want to move around? I feel, I mean, I don't know enough about the situation, apparently to argue changing the world of Bush v. Gore.
Speaker 2: He guess on a serious note, it did change the world, that a George W. Bush presidency fundamentally changed the landscape of the world.
Speaker 1: But not as much as the PlayStation too.
Speaker 2: No, that's why it's above the play station.
Speaker 1: It's at the back end of change the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a Gladiator apparently some more impactful than a GW. Bush presidency.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Russell Crowe won an Academy Award. I'm pretty sure didn't.
Speaker 2: They did both win.
Speaker 1: All right, let's start at the bottom here. The bottom tier is pointless. The cops say it doesn't matter. We have the Eli and Gonzales saga. We have Marshall Mathers mother suing Mathers, and then we have Cats ending its Broadway run, just a blip on the radar, a fad. We had Y two K surviving Y two K because in nineteen ninety nine it's gonna be higher up. Yeah, yeah, the Sydney Summer Olympics, Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston getting married, and the Subway series in lasting impact, we have the Nokia thirty three ten. Thinking of then, we had Destiny's Child. I'd go a little bit higher, but I've used my moves and you stamped it, so I can't even say anything actually and sinc no strings attached that specific album, Meet the Parents, the Six Flags Guy, Charles Schultz, passing Away, LimeWire, the Runoff or the Recount of the Bush Gore election, Billy Mays and TRL that I think should not count, and it's on here by mistake. This is the future is X Men, Big Brother season one, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, But that also might be a blip on the radar. We don't know it. We always knows the cops say it does. Curbs season one and the opening of new ballpark stadiums all over the country three if you want to count those, and then finally changing the World's the PlayStation two, Gladiator, The Slim Shady, Oh marsh sorry Marshall Mathers LP. I always confuse the first three. Those are very good albums, though, Lars Ulrich versus Napster Survivor the first season Will Ferrell as George W. Bush, and then finally Bush v. Gore.
Speaker 2: There it is Stamp, It combined Stamp. That is our our tier for the year two thousand. How did Cisco not make it under.
Speaker 1: This so he technically burst onto the scene in ninety nine and I actually might have had Cisco on here and we just forgot to put him in this area. But as long as you had him in the superlatives, we're all.
Speaker 2: Said, yeah, say look at that song.
Speaker 1: Song dominated the summer. He could do a one handed cartwheel.
Speaker 2: I mean we all wanted silver hair at one point.
Speaker 1: You know, let's get into Maxack and Mac. Sac could be anything. It could be a boat. In this week, Mac, I have a question for you. This is after a Kentucky man was banned from a busy bar, most likely for drinking too much, he released a wild raccoon in that bar. I'm going to ask you, as an animal expert, what is the best varmin to find outside of an establishment and release into their out of revenge or out of spite to like cause chaos, cause chaos.
Speaker 2: So there has to be they have to be like somewhat readily available, right, Yeah. Raccoons are kind of cute. People kind of like them. They are bigger than you would expect. Sometimes possums are real gross looking, real gross looking, and people don't find them cute at all. So maybe possum over raccoon. But I'm trying to think there's like nothing else you can really like catch and release. That's that big a squirrel. A squirrel could be a menace. A squirrel could climb way, way better than a possum can. So maybe it's a squirrel and they're quick as fuck.
Speaker 1: I'm also thinking, you know, a raccoon, you got to use two hands. A squirrel, you can do two squirrels, one in each hand, and then throw two squirrels in there.
Speaker 2: I think you have a way better chance of catching a raccoon than you do a squirrel.
Speaker 1: Guys, go to the comment section right now on YouTube and let us know. Also into his room you have to find only too fine guideon's bible. But a skunk, it's stay.
Speaker 2: Oh good, one great, No, that's the answer. Skunk. They're less common and you'd probably get sprayed catching it. But if you don't and you're able to inhibit the spray until you put it into a room, skunks the answer.
Speaker 1: Oh, but a skunk, it needs like a second to get it sack ready to spray you. So if you find it, you take it and you fucking grenade it in there.
Speaker 2: Just eat it in you kind of need a two man system. Guy, someone's gonna hold the door open while you get the skunk and eat it.
Speaker 1: What if you're inside the bar and you're being thrown out, and as you're being thrown out, you eye this skunk, you could punt them in and then as the guy is throwing you out of I believe I would assume saloon doors those are gonna swing open, so you as being thrown out, fucking pick it up, and no marr back in before the guy closes the door.
Speaker 2: No mar from the hole. Uh yeah, sky I skunk's the answer. And if the skunk's not around, there'll be a squirrel for sure. Birds could be kind of a mess too, But I don't know how you're gonna catch a bird.
Speaker 1: About bats, I don't know how you're gonna catch one tennis racket trash bag.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 1: I'll use the tools I have in my trunk. I have a lady across the street from me right now, by the way, I live in a city that is known for rats.
Speaker 2: Yes, every rat city.
Speaker 1: They dump bird seed pigeon feed all over their driveway, front yard and porch. Yeah, the entire street is now covered in pigeons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pigeons and whatever they don't get rats are finishing up. So she's not only contributing to the bird shit on everyone's vehicles, she's helping the rat population sustain themselves. And you, living in rat city, you will have long known that you could do the best you can on your property. But the dickhead next door is feeding them trash. You ain't gonna get rid of the rats.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, as I was leaving my house, there were fifty pigeons in my driveway and my son had to see me act like a psychopath put my hands in the air as they all flew away. Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So this is the LIFEI.
Speaker 2: Turkey maybe really a turkey into the bar.
Speaker 1: The turkeys are real stupid animals.
Speaker 2: They're big as fuck too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You have seen a turkey fly, it's fascinating.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've seen them like jump, I've never seen them really fly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have to get like a running head. Starkers are so heavy and then they just can like fly up to like tree height and then they're out of breath. They're done. They gotta stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Last year at my parents' house, I had to go so we knew that there was one turkey outside, but I also needed to get something outside, so I sprinted, got it, turned around, and as I was going back toward the door, there was another one of these motherfuckers on top of the roof, staring down at the door, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Ah, yeah, they sleep in trees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, turkey sleeping trees, just like Tarzan.
Speaker 2: They just disappear at night into the fucking into the tree.
Speaker 1: I don't get it, man, animals? Am I right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How about them?
Speaker 1: Where can the folks find us?
Speaker 2: You can find us on Twitter and Instagram, at Mac and goof podcast every other platform. We are mac ampersand good It's max shift seven Goo that goes Facebook, citrt tune and castbarks, speak of Google play, ir radio. We're on Apple podcasts, but more importantly we're on Spotify Nope, opposite whatever doesn't matter wherever podcast. Yeah, rate review, subscribe five stars. If you do that, maybe one table get you free Mac and gooo t shirt from the folks over at Watertown Sports where Watertown Sports were on thirty four mon obitrate in Watertown. Watertown Sports were experts screenprinting and embroidery.
Speaker 1: Dot Com March, go and buy some merch Also, I would say, uh so, yes, go right, rate and subscribe on iTunes. But you can do the same thing on Spotify. So go on Spotify, write a nice review or give us a nice rating, and then also subscribe. On YouTube you can watch us talk people like that.
Speaker 2: I think I'm on the other side now. So now I get a point. Which way, I got.
Speaker 1: A point that way? This way?
Speaker 2: There we go. We done down here.
Speaker 1: Down here. You can also I was on maybe an hour of the four hour Extravaganza that was the Dork ten year special, So go listen to that.
Speaker 2: What'd you chop it up about?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I have to listen back. Oh you know what, while we're here, because I didn't really get a chance to talk on Dork. There were seven people there. I would like to congratulate them on ten years. I didn't get a chance to say this last night. I want to say that. So Dork they started four or five months ahead of us, and because of Keif. And this is not like a thing of like, oh they could do it, so we could do it. But I saw that Keif was able to put out an entertainment podcast and I'm like, that seems like fun. I want to try and do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I always feel like I don't know why because I remember you sending me hashtag dork and be like, hey, listen to this, like we could maybe pull off something like this. This is like an idea I have, And I remember listening to and being like super into it because obviously keeps pretty quick wedded it and he has friends of the like and uh, yeah, we're we're coming up on ten as well. But I always felt like Dork had like a year or two head start, but they really.
Speaker 1: Didn't a couple of months.
Speaker 2: It's a few months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, and then Davey wasn't a permanent member of the show until a couple months in and then he was on a phone for roughly five years.
Speaker 2: I want to say, yeah, phone Davy was a different voice. It was a completely different voice, Davy Woodie Shark. There was like three or four that used to cycle through before Davey had the most availability.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so once again, congratulations to them and they are ten years of success.
Speaker 2: We sarged, salute you.
Speaker 1: Uh he got married. I saw the photo of Sarge with his wife and the Patriots mascot.
Speaker 2: Very fitting. Yeah, like, all right, congratulations to Serge and pat the Patriot.
Speaker 1: All right, so check us out at the end of the week. I'm hoping for f one. If not one, then a news dump.
Speaker 2: Okay maybe uh, you're gonna see twenty eight days later, sometimes years later.
Speaker 1: I heard that one of the one of the zombies has a big old cock.
Speaker 2: I heard cocks, so we got to see it.
Speaker 1: We are the number one cock podcast.
Speaker 2: That's fucking for damn sure.
Speaker 1: All right, Tuesdays or Goose Days. I have used kangaroos. Damm, burden bye. Please flip the cassette over to side B to continue the adventure. Now it's time for girls jumping on tram Popalin