Speaker 1: Five o five.
Speaker 2: At fifty five k RC the talk station, Happy Monday, a vacation.
Speaker 3: No ideals, Yeah, neither do. Why it is Monday typically down Brian Thomas right here, glad to be, Glad to see Joe Strekker in the executive producer booth Rare belongs and great lineup today and the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Happy Monday to all. Ken Cober FOP president going to join the program coming up seven oh five. Why well, because he wants to get rid of virus. Rawleigh, the community activist and anti police person, been around since the days of the Collaborative Agreement getting put in place, and is employed by the City of Cincinnati. Is some sort of consultant capacity while out harassing police officers and preventing them to preventing them from doing their job. Ken Cobra seven o five on that. Actually, local reporting on that too got the allegations about the so called city consultant iris roly harassing police officers. So we'll talk about that coming up along with Ken Cobrat seven oh five on that subject. Christopher smithment On at seven twenty, Hey, thanks a lot, I thought we were friends. Christopher smithment I find out yesterday running for since city council. I asked Joe Drecker if knew about it. He gays, yeah, knew about that. He told me last He's like, no, what news smithman's running for council? Well really, he said, yeah, I knew about it last week. I was keeping a lid on it until he talked with someone from the Inquirer. So I figure it's common news. Apparently it is common news. Joe Drecker knew about it last week. He didn't let me know. Christopher, what's up? I thought we were friends. Seven twenty for the Smith from the former vice mayor and hopefully city councilman, Christopher Smithvin eight oh five Money Monday. It is money Monday Monday. Rather, so we do Money Monday with Brian James Ato. Five for that. We'll talk tariffs and inflation, do you want crypto in your four oh one k and finally some interesting new benefits that companies are offering. So those are three subject topics with Brian James Ato five for that. At thirty with my friends from Emory Federal Credit Union, Todd Kine, CEO of share Facts Credit Union. Actually they've been in they got into a merger. So the name of the Emory Federal Credit Union I believe is subject to change. We're going to ask Todd about that. But we'll also learn about the golf outing coming up very quickly, Rose Cares since Ava returns. We'll get a recap of the Voa Country Music Fight Festival, and then yes, the Veteran Appreciation Day coming up on August twenty third, and man Ton is flying Jeez Louise anyway five three seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talko with Pound five fifty on at and t phones. Someone else who's running for since I City Council. Steve Gooden, our legal expert from the law firm Report Variety, chimes in on matters legal all the time. You're in the fifty five carsis morning show. Brilliant man he is, and an outstanding candidate for since I City Council. An alternative to the same old, same old that we've been engaged in now for what seems like forty years. Anyway, he posted on his Facebook post, I just spent some time with West End residents who described what happened last night. This post from yesterday, so I'm assuming he's talking about Saturday night. We wouldn't know because there's been no reporting on this. He says fifty to sixty shots fired along Clark Street by the football field, hitting park cars in at least one house, showing a picture of a bullet that passed through the taped window. Said automatic gunfire. No arrests, not in any stats. And along with that he posted I guess some stats from Thursday. Wow, lots of crime going on in downtown Cincinnati. Got an assault Walnut Street close to three pm. I don't know what other is in terms of the crime stat it's got to leave that go. Got an arrest at five point thirty Garfield Place, assault on the seventh again three pm, East Court Street, assault nine thirteenth Street, and Walnut robbery. This is all again Thursday, ten pm Central Parkway theft, twelve am Third Street, Cincinnati arrest, ten ten am Central Avenue at McFarlane. Got an assault going on seven pm on Vine Street in CINCINNAI. Robbery Vine Street happened at one twenty eight am. Assault going on seven pm Vine Street, and finally an assault four thirty in the morning Walnut at East fifth one day, small area of City of Cincinnati too addressed by that crime anyway, don't know anything about the fifty to sixty shots fired again, Steve Gooden on that one. What else is going on? Sincinni officials reviewing allegations from the Fraternal Order of Police. That's what Ken kober is going to be talking about, calling for Iris Rawley to be fired. They circulating an online petition which was started by Ken Cobra. Petition alleges that Iris Rawley quote has been caught on bodycam multiple times harassing police officers for just doing their jobs. As of yesterday morning, already twenty nine hundred signatures their goal five thousand signatures. You can help out sign the petition court a petition despite clear misconduct, the city continues to fund her contract with taxpayer dollars. And it's so far. I got to interject, insofar as misconduct is concerned, if you or I interfered with an officer doing his or her job, don't you think we will be subject to some sort of citation, maybe get arrested. Can you imagine the police interacting with Iris Raleigh, who perhaps was worthy of a citation for her interference with police doing their duty imagine it's a bit difficult for a police officer to actually consider issuing her a citation, considering her outspoken advocacy, her connection with elected officials, including the mayor's office and the city manager she's employed by them, and her outspoking advocacy against the police department generally speaking. H Yeah, I'm sure she'd call for an investigation into you, police officer for issuing her a citation that she may have been worthy of getting anyway. On the petition, the Fraternal Order Police posted a couple of body camera videos showing Raleigh harassing cops allegedly. They also posted an appearance Raleigh made on podcasts where she quote, wasted no time berating a retire I heard Cincinnati police officer and others on the show close quote that's on the petition website. FOP also posted the videos on the organization's Facebook page, one post claiming Raleigh is not a collaborator, instead calling her an agitator. We entered the realm of subjectivity. Uh thank you, Molly Shram the CPO for reporting Friday Rally responded to petition and claims the harassment with statements from her attorney. Actually one of the body came ravi is she asked the man who's being asked at the time by a Sinceinn police officer to pour out his beer if he'd liked to file a complaint against the officer. Huh, right then and there while he's the officer is doing his job or her job anyway, the attorney said. Video circulated by the FOP members and a recent called to we assign a petition have targeted Miss Rawleigh for encouraging a community member to follow follow a formal complain procedures and questioning an officer's response, which have long been part of her community centered approach to better policing in this city and are within her rights to free speech and advocacy outside her formal service for the city. Oh, she wasn't acting in her capacity as an advisor to the city when she was doing this.
Speaker 4: Humph huh.
Speaker 3: But it is consistent with and does flow from her position relative to the Cincinnati Police Department in her role as some sort of consultant for the city. The statement from her attorney also says that her decades long role in Cincinnati has, in their words or his or her words, always involved evaluating police conduct and supporting community voices about policing in the city. Statement also says the fop's allegations have led to hate messages and threats to rally her family and business. We'll join the club. Yeah, that street runs more than one way. How many conservatives out there have received hate messages and threats? A lot of them. Welcome to social media, Welcome to you know, your outspoken advocacy against the police department having some repercussions among those of us who do support law enforcement. Apparently been a consultant with the City Managers Office since twenty twenty two. Guess she does work helping Cincinnati implement its Collaborative Agreement, which goes all the way back to the riots in two thousand and one. If I recall correctly, She was one of the organizers in bringing about the collaborative agreement. Also described as a prominent longtime organizer with the Cincinnati Black United Front. Telling the popular People's You Front Joe campaign Free Galilee Anyway. Molly shram Over at CBO described that as a social justice collective. Enjoy your own conclusions. For her part, since they manager share a long in responsible way. A request from WCPO for a statement describe her as an essential community and civic leader in Cincinnati. Essential. Her contributions spanned from origins of the Collaborative Agreement to her commitment to problem solving resulting in support for teens at our transit center. She consistently sets up organized steps up to organize effective strategies and raises her hand to support the community when others don't. However, in spite of her praise for Irish Rowle, a city manager, Long had this to say, anyone doing work on behalf of the city of Cincinnati must hold themselves to a higher standard. That includes not interfering with the police who are in the act of performing their lawful duties. Can't let that go unaddressed, Sharyl Long, Canyon right, because it's the one thing in your statement that really makes sense. Don't mess around with police during their duties five sixteen fifty five KRC The Talk Station five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two to three Talk found five fifty on at and T Funds. Love to hear from you. You got something to say, feel free to call me right back.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC The talk Station Talkstation. Well maybe he's not running for counsel. Asking about the idea of it, Christopher Smith. We'll find out together coming up at seven twenty.
Speaker 3: I hope he is. What do you think should Christopher run for counsel? Maybe he's not decided yet. We had a pretty definitive confirmation yesterday. We'll see what he has to say. Apparently called into Dustrekker and said I did not announce and I was running. So uh, swirling question marks regarding the candidacy of Christopher Smith. Aman anyway, demonstrably man and of course a voice of common sense and reason. I think you've be a welcome edition five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phone. What else is going on in the Greater CINCINNTI area? Well, the Hamilton County Associated Association of Chiefs of Police chiming in on one of the problems we've identified here in this city, which is the judicial component of the criminal justice system. If you don't have judges willing to set appropriate bonds, put people in jail for appropriate periods of times for heinous crimes, they have committed recidivist criminals coming in and going through the revolving door of the criminal justice system. You get the best police department, fully staffed out in the world. You could have the best prosecutor's office. You whether we've got one of those, you can draw your own conclusions. But prosecutors wanting to prosecute criminals to the fullest extent of the law end up in front of some liberal, woke judge and that's the end of the process. So that's an epic failure. As far as the Hamilton County Association of Chiefs Police, they're calling out what they describe as gaps in the judicial process. Statement released last week August eighth, they said it's not good enough to arrest violent offenders if they're swiftly released back into our neighborhoods due to lacks bail practices or insufficient sentencing amen. They announced they will be hosting a roundtable discussion within the next month with members of the judiciary, prosecutors, elected officials, and other partners about ways to strengthen public safety. Good Camera Knight since they inquire reporting, appreciated Cameron pointing out criticism of the judges not new before. Connie Pilich elected the Prosecutor's office. Formerly the Prosecutor's Office would post the cases and judges on Facebook, pointing out well the sentences and while highlighting judges who set bonds that they believe were too lower lenient. Joe Dieters and Melissa Powers both did this, In other words, real time accurate reporting information so we the public could make informed decisions when we go into the ballot box in November. They don't do that anymore. Police data and going back to Steve Gooden on this post about fifty to sixty shots fired to pointed out no arrest and not in any police statistics. So if you have an incident involving fifty to sisity sixty shots fired and it's not reported on any of the police statistics, how reliable are the police data? Is the police data anyway? Caver Knight reporting the police data shows rates as some crimes are up, others have fallen. Robberies are up nine percent year to date, three more homicides year to date, however, aggravated assault down six percent and shootings are down twenty four percent. H do you feel safe in downtown Cincinnati? Chief? Fiji Police Chief Dji recently echoed the remarks of the Chiefs Association saying, part of the problem is, Yeah, that's the revolving door of justice. Claim your office too often put themselves at risk to get criminals off the street, to see them released with little consequence. How are we going to get the word out about judges? I mean, you can rely on the fifty five Caurasy Morning Show to the extent I have information about who's running and who's not running. I know how difficult it is if you're not engaged in the criminal justice system to have any awareness about the leanings of the judges and whether heart or whether they're tough on crime or soft on crime. Anyway, Chiefs Association set the goal of the upcoming roundtable to review the impact of current bail reform policies promoting consistent sentencing and building transparency and public confidence in the judicial system. That's a high mark. Let's be clear, they wrote, we will not allow the dedication and sacrifice of our law enforcement professionals to be rendered meaningless by systemic failures or the absence of shared responsibility. Well, one can only hope they can bear that their efforts can bear some fruit. If you're a woke jurist. I'm not sure pressure from law enforcement really change the hearts in or your heart and mind. It remains to be seen, but therein lies one of the biggest challenges we face. Sounds like law enforcements stepping up. We've got some pronouncements from the mayor and the city council members in the aftermath of that June or July twenty sixth beat down. Sounds like they're promising to get tough on crime, paying lip service to the idea anyway. They have no control over the judiciary. Honestly, neither does this group that are putting together, This group of folks that are the haven't kind of association of chief of police is putting together the harumph over this subject matter. The judges aren't willing to heed your advice and your recommendations. It's all probably an exercise and wheel spinning. Five twenty five fifty five KR see detalk station, local store where he's coming up. Love to hear from you, though, if you got a comment, I feel free to call me right back.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: When their market feels like a roller coaster. A Monday and a happy one, ticket five one three seven nine, fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three top found five fifty on AT and T phones. Remember to get over to fifty five krs dot com hear what Andre Ewing had to say former polisants a police officer, founder of Curse Breakers three hundred. That guy is an outspoken guy. Congressman went Former Congressman Win Strip on the show for a full hour of the interview right there. Fifty five kr SE dot com and information about the Karen Wellington five k great organization that one. Without further doo, let's jump over to the phones. Tom, Welcome back, my friend. It's always a pleasure hearing from you.
Speaker 7: Good warnings.
Speaker 8: You have a good weekend?
Speaker 3: Uh, yeah, I actually did.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's good. I don't think i've yeah to hear you say you had a bad weekend. Weekends are good just by definition, aren't they?
Speaker 3: Yes? They are because I can sleep in and for no other reason, and maybe I didn't do anything, but I did get to sleep in, which I dearly love.
Speaker 8: So right, Well, yeah, well sleep sleeping in for you is uh, it doesn't mean it's it's getting up bet later or something. So you got pretty early.
Speaker 3: Paul that'll get up at like six o'clock in the morning on Saturday because the dog insists, and she is kind enough to not involve me in that process. So I get to STARp, stay in bed and do the nom nom nom nam thing. I think about getting up, and usually it's like eight o'clock, maybe eight thirty before actually crawling a bed on.
Speaker 8: Oh that's sleeping man, you're yeah, that's usually your show's about over and you're you're just getting up. That's awesome, It is so good for you.
Speaker 9: I can't.
Speaker 8: I can't do that anymore. I can't sleep in that late. So I'm if I'm still in bed by seven o'clock, that's a miracle. So I just can't later. So anyway, this whole thing with the you were just talking about with the judges and stuff, and and all this hand ringing by the left of of everything that's wrong with society, and one of the biggest things they screamed about, and they happened for a while is racism. And I really think that what should happen is is that a bunch of the black community leaders should get together and acknowledge the fact, the fact Brian Thomas that racism is not going on near to the extent as they claim it is. But of course if they do that, then that means they get rid of all the fuel and all the alleged wind behind their sales of scream and bloody murder and how bad everybody is. You know something I found interesting There was a allegedly there was a video clip that came out about that July twenty sixth feet down that you reference, and it was allegedly had somebody yelling or some people yelling the N word, and I didn't hear any more about it. I don't know if you brought this up, but obviously they could not link that whatever was being said to a white person. Therefore it just doesn't exist anymore. I guess does it really matter if I hear anybody anybody else complain about the use of the end word, anyone from the black community complain about the use of the end word. I'm so fed up with that the black community. And of course this is not every black person, so relax if you're out every black person feels this way. But enough black people out there are fine with it, and their music, they're fine with it when they're talking amongst themselves. But as soon as someone who's too white uses that word, apparently it's the end of the world. I don't use the word. I don't know if I've ever used it. I'm not going to. I agree it's derogatory, shouldn't be used, and I don't want to get myself in that kind of trouble. But come on, the hypocrisy is absolutely ridiculous and all that. And that's just one example of how the left uses things to their benefit that that aren't even true. They lie just to try to get their way and push things around.
Speaker 4: Don't vote Democrat. Have a great day, Brian.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. Tom. Yeah, I hear different reactions in terms of the use of the ND word, particularly in music. I mean, it's pervasive in music. If you listen to music, it's there, it is. And yeah, i've heard commentators. Black commentators know white people are not allowed to sing along or use that word in any context whatsoever. In spite of the fact you can find the use of that word all over the place, and you know, hip hop and rap and other you know, musical forms. It's ownership's claim. The black community owns the word. No one else is allowed it's exclusive use. I noticed that they've actually, I suppose, in some way, shape or form, sort of transformed that word from a derogatory term whites used against black people, and it's acceptable to use under certain circumstances in the black community, never acceptable in the white community. Just rather interesting social reality that one can't comment on the brawl. Don't know who used the word or even if it was used. Here is a strange, strange local story here pedestrian dead after a crash happened on Friday night near Dayton. Pedestrian was trying to get away from a couple of dogs. According to the high State Highway Patrol troopers, they said they were called a nine thirty am for a crash on Lower Valley Pike near Cloverdale Road, Clark County. Plimentary investigation shows that Donel Sanning, who's thirty five from New Carlisle, driving her Chevy Cruise on Lower Valley Pike.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: The pedestrian Jason Kappanera, forty six years old from Yonkers, New York, walking northeast on the shoulder of the road when the two dogs from a nearby house ran across the street, jumping on to the pedestrian trippers say he then tried to escape toward the road and was hit along with one of the dogs by the Chevy to Mercy Health in Nan, where he succumbed to his injuries. Troopers report of the dogs sustained minor injuries. The Chevy drivers that stayed at the scene and had no injuries. They're still investigating the crash. Jeez, dogs chase them out in the street. That's the end. Say call your mom, tell your loved ones you love them. Be sure you do that. You never know, never know when the bell's gonna toll. Five thirty five fifty five KRC DE Talk station. Stack o stupid or phone calls. We can go either way. Be right back.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 3: Five thirty nine on a Monday, Happy one to you a stack of stupid, but I do a phone call at least one five one, three, seven, fifty five, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk from Fix My Road, Fame Fred, Welcome back to the fifty five carssee morning show, my friend. Good to hear for you today.
Speaker 10: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 9: Let me start off. I gave you some more praise my best friend. I went to UC to get his frost State image and they gave him I think that's it over nine thousand. So he went to your place. I told him, he said, she uh. They came right up until he paid less than a thousand dollars affordable image phrase on that first. You know, you know, I hate starting out doing this.
Speaker 3: No, you're listen. You helped a friend save a heaplow of money. Fred. I mean, I'm happy to spread the news about it. That's one of the reasons I'm so proud to be able to sponsor him, because I love to save that kind of money and I love being It's like recommending something to a friend. I get to do it, and I'm it's a paid sponsor, but you know, it makes me please to do that. And I'm happy you saved six grand. I'm happy your friends save what sounds like eight thousand dollars. That's real money, man.
Speaker 9: Man, Okay. In the second thing, you know, and this is the last time I called about race or anything like this, but I just want people to know that. You know, I'm an older black man and I have older black friends and all different friends. But anyway, we do think independently. We don't follow our sharpening. We don't follow the NAACP. We know they're watching the TV looking for something to happen, to pop out of the shadows.
Speaker 4: We already know.
Speaker 9: This, and we just don't. We just want people to know and understand. Listen, every time you come saying what black people should do is upsets us because you you locked us in a.
Speaker 4: Small group of people.
Speaker 9: And I just want people to understand that, Look.
Speaker 8: We think independently.
Speaker 7: It's just a few of us, very few.
Speaker 9: That you see out there, because I'm sure that people work with a whole lot of other you know, black or asking every way you want.
Speaker 4: To be called.
Speaker 9: That don't have the same fault as everybody else. And I just want people to say, look, don't paint with a broad brush, you know, get a smaller brush, you please, I don't group us, what's everybody else? And I appreciate you man, and you have a great date.
Speaker 3: Thanks Fred. I appreciate your statement. And I don't know. I mean, I've tried to be consistent in my attitude toward painting with a broadbrush, and I don't abide by that. And I share Fred's observations. I don't believe anyone in the black communities let's monolithic, all one size fits all lockstep. But isn't an interesting observation on the heels of Fred's comment that we're in the middle of this jerry mandering debate and that they are so convinced, are political officials they're so convinced by drawing a different line they can guarantee an outcome on whether it's going to be a Republican or Democrat victory. I don't say they guarantee that outcome, but it's a foregone conclusion, which meaning, which means those elected officials who are busily redrawing maps are taken into account the historic reality that, in spite of Fred's comments that there is this sort of lockstep, unanimous well Democrat vote that comes from within the Black community, they know by redrawing the lines that they're going to guarantee whether it's going to be a Republican or Democrat in office. It's frightening stuff. Would it be a wild thing if, after they get done redrawing the maps, that the public, who ultimately votes independent of mind, decides to go a different direction and deprives whichever political parties redrawing the lines of their guaranteed victory. Huh, that would be cool, wouldn't it. It'd be cool if it was either Republican or Democrat redistricting anyway over the sack and stupid got a man in Texas accused of approaching young girls in an elementary school parking lot wearing only a diaper and pacifier around his neck. Why are you doing that? You may have an order to give out this morning, Joe. According to police report, two girls riding bikes and scooters to the neighborhood when they notice the silver vehicle following them, stopping. When they stopped on the way home, they notice forty five year old Wesley Warrels in the vehicle the parking lot of the Andywoods Elementary School. Cord to the affidavit, World then got out, wearing only a diaper, shouted quote, Goo goo gaga, I need a diaper change. Close quote there's no flag for us. Girls rode away, quickly approaching their family home, where a man and his son were working in the garage. Man said the girls rode up so fast they skinned their knees, claiming a scary man their words, was chasing them, so I went searching for the vehicle described while the vehicle they described while a woman in the home attempted to calm the girls, who were visibly shaking and truly terrified. According to the rest report details. Girls then told her the man had asked the girls, will you change my diaper for me? What? Thus, Gater's labeled to identify Worl as the suspect and arrested them in his place of work. Arrested charge with criminal solicitation of a minor, criminal trespass, in addition to several other charges and accusations going all the way back to nineteen ninety nine, back when he was seen watching children in the daycare. When questioned by tyle of police back in ninety nine, he reported he was only changing his diaper here that looney, amen Joe. Fast forward to twenty two two thousand and two, were el seen looking into apartment windows. Questioned by police, he admitted to watching small children in a daycare. Two thousand and five, arrested for stalking his ex girlfriend, sentenced to five years probation. Also two thousand and five, caught watching a woman near a pool, given a criminal trespass warning November of that year, given a criminal trespass warning after being seen watching children from behind a tree and six six reported walking around Walmart on Broadway looking at children and women with his hands inside his shorts. Draw your own conclusions. When questioned by police, he was said he was checking to see if he had soiled his diaper, would.
Speaker 4: Get deliberate penalties, so we could get into the penalty box all by himself.
Speaker 11: Yes.
Speaker 3: Prosecuted for November five and six July cases, sentenced to seven years in prison. Twenty twelve, police received word that he whorl had exposed himself to a child at a Walmart troop Highway World and that died exposing himself. Admitted to showing his diaper, given another criminal trustpass warning for that one. Arrested in October twenty sixteen for criminal trespass in July twenty five, caught on surveillance going to Walmart on several different dates. Walmart's manager expressed a desire to pursue criminal charges. Wow Goo go Gaga, I need a diaper change series. The biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top the Pinnacle of Doue.
Speaker 11: Do good goingdu your dreams have come.
Speaker 3: True by forty six, forty five k se De Talk station and be right.
Speaker 11: Back fifty five KRC two years ago, Bobby five.
Speaker 3: Fifty one, fifty five Karrosite Talks Station Monday, Ken Cobra FLP President on getting rid of Iris, Rollie seven oh five for that one, Smitherman Live with a smither vent at seven twenty and Mississippi James on the phone, Mississippi James, always good to hear from me.
Speaker 9: Welcome back, Good morning, Brian, Come in peace, love everybody, and there's nothing you can.
Speaker 3: Do about it. Like your message, James, what's on your mind today? My friend?
Speaker 9: You know, well, you know I believe will spiritual beings going through human experience and looking at racism. To me, it's not necessarily a hate thing. It was a supreme thing. You know that one race is more supreme than the other one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and when you look.
Speaker 9: At that, you say, okay, that turns can turn into hate if one person think they are supreme and the one that think they are supreme. I've heard him say that. You know, there was a manifesto from God.
Speaker 3: That they be over this of the group sounds like the Nazis.
Speaker 9: Hey whoever, it is a human experience as we go through it now right now here local and we realized this been Oh that was terrible what happened down at the fight, the lady getting hit, the guys getting jumped on, but we're not looking at who started it. You know, you've had six black people's arrested for joining in on the fight. But then the one that started to fight, and I'm here before the slap came that they're that same guy tried to kick another male. Somebody got in between them, tried to de escalate it, say go on, leave it alone, all right, Well this same guy went and slapped found another black guy to slap. So that's two incident that I'm hearing that this guy had calls, but yet he still haven't been arrested for assault whatever the reason question says lawyer say, you can't even talk to him, and I'm like, okay, we're going to the lawyer.
Speaker 10: You get the position to stop.
Speaker 9: The police from issuing an assault arrest.
Speaker 3: Well, we could assert as fifth moment right to be free of self incrimination, I suppose with an interview if he's gout who's lawyered up. It doesn't mean he's not going to get charged, but I mean your predicate in your initial statement is I'm hearing I'm here, and I am hearing similar things, but I'm also hearing things that run counter to what you're hearing, which results in me concluding that I don't have all the fact yet. In spite of this, it's been since the twenty sixth, the last month, so more video camera comes out. We've got grand jury indictments being handed down. Obviously they found probable cause to charge some with the crimes. Let's see if anybody else gets gets arrested or accused of criminal conduct. I'm waiting. I got my popcorn out, James. I haven't put it away, and I haven't drawn any conclusions yet, but nothing can justify criminal behavior along the lines of what we see, regardless of who gets blamed for starting the incident or kicking off the incident. Back go to stacker stupid. This is a pretty comical one in spite of the fact that we resulted in two people dad, a man and a woman are in fact dad after a car they were believed to be having sex in fell off a cliff. Pair identified as twenty six year old Marconi da Silva Cardozo and forty two year old Adriana Mocado Raberio. We're in Vandanova do Immigrante. This is in Brazil. Happened on Monday last when they were parked near a scenic overlook. According to the article, apparent movement from an intimate moment in their vehicles caused it to drop hundreds of feet. Cardos and Roberio headed towards the area where the ground was wet after leaving a party freezing in the car fell down a hang gliding ramp vehicle located late in the morning by local caretaker. Man and a woman found naked in the vehicle. Courting Lydia The Sun reported the police that leave the vehicle fell around one o'clock in the morning local time. The man and the woman were thrown roughly three hundred and twenty eight feet. Bodies found the base of a rock. You're right, Joe, roughly three hundred and twenty eight does sound very specific. Pairs bodies found on the base of a rock. Vehicle parts scattered all around the nearby vegucatation corner of the press release, there were no signs of violence at the scene on the bodies and the car's handbrake was engaged. They said. Residents reported hearing a loud noise between one thirty in the morning and two am. Because it was dark and the vegetation thick, no one saw anything at the time. It remains under investigation. The case does waiting for forensic reports. Photographs show the vehicle destroyed after a plunge several hundred feet off the cliff. One woman witness I saw the car's engine very far away and the car fell almost four hundred and fifty feet from the accident was a shocking scene. The car was destroyed.
Speaker 2: The aerograph.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess mind where you park? Five fifty six fifty five kr CD talk station. More to talk about in the six o'clock hour in phone calls are always quite welcome here five one, three, seven, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight two three talk. Be right back.
Speaker 11: Today's top stories at the top of the hour. It's information that matters to me. Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 3: It's here at fifty five KR SEV talk station. Brian Thomas wishing everyone a very happy Monday. Hope you had a wonderful weekend and you can feel free to call as always five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three Taco fifty if you're on an AT and T phone. Coming up up on the fifty five KRSE Morning Show, Fast forward one hour. Ken Cober FLP president, got a petition to get rid of Iris Rawley. Yeah, outspoken anti police activist Iris RAWLEI coming under some serious criticism and justified interfering with police officers trying to perform their duties, which I think is a citable offense. Going to ask that from FLP president directly out of the gate, like, how come she was an issue to citation if she's interfering with police officers. Legitimate question. So Ken on that topic coming up in an hour, followed by Christopher's Nope, maybe just asking out loud if it's a good idea. I think it's a great idea. When he's got a record he can run on former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, obviously here on the morning show, regularly, all over media, regularly with his thoughts and comments, expressing logic and reason and coming up with solutions for some of the Cincinnati's problems. So vote Smithman is what I say. Well here from Christopher at seven twenty let me at corner them on the day. So different little birds passing along different information. I just know I was left out of the loop. Monday, Monday, Brian James, eighth five, we'll talk tariffs and inflation. We'll talk about whether or not you want crypto in your four to oh one k and finally, some interesting new benefits companies are offering that with Brian James. Fast forward to eight thirty Emory Federal Credit Union golf founding. We'll hear from Todd Kine from Emory on that great organization, a great event helping out sint Children's Hospital Charitable Care Fund Care see Cares we do. Cincinnti VA love helping out the American veteran sincinnti VA joins us to give us a recap of the VA Country Music Fest and the upcoming August twenty third Veteran Appreciation Day. Again, feel free to call here's an interesting solution and tell me if you think this is a good idea. Obviously, the City of Cincinnati decided it's going to start enforcing the few one of the things that comes out of the August or the July twenty sixth beatdown that happened in downtown Cincinnati, and many of my listeners recognize and I acknowledge the juveniles were not a problem. They the juveniles were not involved at least don't appear to be involved in the beatdown. But they did nonetheless change the curfew and said that the same police will now be enforcing it to some degree. Well, that's solve the problem. How about this? Is this a good idea? Uh? We get a Gloucester township in New Jersey, They just recently enacted an ordinance holding parents accountable for lawbreaking children. Parents now facing fines up to two thousand dollars in the possibility of a ninety day term behind bars if their children are continually misbehaving.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 3: Accord to the article from New Jersey dot Com, the ordinance includes twenty eight offenses that could make caretakers liable. They range from felonies, loitering, break curfew, chronic truancy to immorality, habitual vagrancy, and knowingly associating with immoral people. Okay, I got a beg question marks swirling about what constitutes an immoral person under the law anyway. The report said teenagers and juveniles in the area have been committing variety of these offenses. The town's twenty twenty four Gloucester Township Day upended when over five hundred miners were involved in a brawl spilling over to a shopping plaza. Police arrested nineteenagers, among eleven others taken into custody. Three officers were hurt in that melee. Video footy shows a group of young people throwing objects at the front of businesses. Officials postponed the event this year because of social media posts indicating that that was going to happen again this year, So the police announced this new ordinance in a social media post. If a child is reportedly found guilty in juvenile court, their caretaker could face up the ninety days in prison and or fine of up to two thousand dollars. Ordinance takes effects immediately. One person quota, these are your children. Had you governed them a certain way, this ordinance wouldn't be necessary. As a parent, I think it's absolutely necessary. Yeah, So is that a solution to the problem holding parents accountable?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 3: And I think about that you want to hold your parents criminally accountable for what their children are doing. Maybe a difficult leap. But if these are minor children who are out after hours of violating the law on the books, which is the curfew law, wouldn't you think? I mean, if involved an infant child or abuse along those lines, the Department of Child and Family Services to be called in. Is it too late when the child's a teenager to call in that group to find out what's going on at home? Maybe lack of a sufficient parenting I don't know, but it certainly would make parents who otherwise don't care about where their children are at night maybe start thinking about it. I don't want a two thousand dollars fine and I don't want to go to jail for up to ninety days. Yeah. Well, actions have consequences, or in action at least in New Jersey are going to have consequences. Gloucester Township specifically five three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three dog pound five fifty on AT and T phones and also another thing you might want to chime in on, Donald Trump considering reclassifying marijuana under the Federal Drug scheduling hmmm, described as maybe reclassified as a less dangerous drug speaking with attendees at his one million dollar played fundraiser in New Jersey, many of whom were in the weed industry. H Apparently the cannabis companies have pumped in millions of dollars into Donald Trump's political groups and political action committees of quart of it. Maybe that's the reason behind this potential moved to remove marijuana from the list of Schedule one controlled substances. Making it a Schedule three drug will make it a lot easier to buy and sell cannabis. Also been several bills introduced by in Congress by Democrats and Republicans bipartisanship to either lower the classification of weed to a Schedule three drug or remove it completely from the list of controlled substances. They've also sought to decriminalize marijuana. Forty states so far have legalized marijuana. Twenty four states plus Washington, d C. Have also legalized recreational marijuana, as we have done here in the state of Ohio. Now, more and more information research is coming out with the decriminalizing it in states, and we're finding out that marijuana may not be as innocuous a drug as they've painted it out to be. So you hit all the propaganda coming out about medical marijuana, medical medical medical medical marijuana. Well, we'll just legalize it for medical use. You'll need a prescription for that. It's great for certain medical conditions, anxiety or depression or whatever, and so you legitimize it by rolling it out as a medical product, and then of course segue over to full legalization. Again. That worked quite well here in the state of Ohio. But more and more people smoking weed, the more and more we find out yew could be very dangerous, most notably to young, developing minds. This is why parents need to keep an eye on their children and what they're getting involved with. They've learned a lot about this with alcohol use over the years. Yes, in a developing mind, alcohol is very dangerous, so pivot over to marijuana. Apparently the same thing. Psychosis can develop, among other problems. So I don't know whether decriminalizing on a federal level is an effort worth pursuing or what the end result is going to be. I think the genies out of the bottle, as noted by the number of states who provided some form of legalization, complete decriminalization. So if the genies out of the bottle, maybe get rid of the Schedule one classification and in so doing, the one nice benefit that you and I can enjoy from that is more research will be done. The fact that it's labeled to Schedule one drug, which makes it on the same order or degree as heroin. Yeah, that limits the amount of research you'll be done because researchers can't get acquire this readily available product to do studies on it. So more studies are definitely needed along those lines. And maybe I'll welcome the change in schedules, if for no other reason but that one right there, Feel free to chime in five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk or pound five fifty on at and T Phonts love to hear from if you've got a comment. More to talk about coming up. But first, pain you get out of bed. It starts right away, doesn't it. Yep, right up the knees in the back, screaming at you, maybe walking down the flight of stairs after you get out of bed, groaning.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: You've been to the doctor, You've gotten pain medications like steroids, maybe some pills. The numb the pain numbing does not get rid of the underlying cause. Nothing changes. The steroids wear off, the pain meds wear off, and you're back on that wagon. And again, maybe you're talking to your doctor about surgery. No, talk to the doctors at QC Kinetics before you make that call. They've treated thousands of patients who will tell you that they, well, I wish I had done it sooner. People turning their eves around. With QC Kinetics, Regenerative treatments that work with your body to help restore and repair operative words those the damage joint tissue, natural cellular therapies without scalpels or pills. Long term relief may be there for you. And I say, may, I don't know if it's the right thing to do, but they're offering a free consultation with no pressure to talk about these treatments and find out if they may benefit you. So get your life back. Maybe take them up on the freebie. QC Kinetics can be reached at five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five KRC our iHeart six nineteen. If you have KERC Detalk station, Happy Monday five on three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk to to the one's got a couple of calors online. We'll start with Brian. Brian, welcome to the show. Thanks for calling me this morning.
Speaker 12: Hey, good morning, Brian, Happy Monday.
Speaker 3: Right back at you, brother.
Speaker 12: Yeah yeah. Places like New Jersey Democrats strongholds, they make laws like this and it just makes me chuckle. So, so my child decides to transition, get an abortion, go on birth control, or you're gonna teach them something I don't like. You're not telling me a thing, But when my child acts up, you want to hold me accountable.
Speaker 4: You can't have it both ways.
Speaker 3: Well, I suppose you might be to link those concepts.
Speaker 12: Well, if you're not gonna tell me my child the school's gonna hide from me, to my child's gonna wants to transition, well, and you're supporting that, but you're not gonna tell me you're hiding it from me. But then if my child does something wrong and you want me to be held accountable, I mean, you can't have it both ways, it's either I'm involved in my child's.
Speaker 3: Life or I'm not well. One is a crime and the other one arguably isn't. Although I guess there's a debate on whether transitioning could be considered criminal, but you know, I guess the left use that as a lifestyle choice. There's nothing, no law in the books that prevents that transitioning from happening. But there are criminal laws on the books, and children are regularly breaking the criminal laws. And if you're made aware that your child is a recidivous lawbreaker and you do nothing to stop it from happening, you do nothing to keep them in the house after curfew rolls around, and maybe there is some possible accountability there for violating criminal law. I understand your frustration on along those lines, and the allowing of children to make these life changing decisions without any parental involvement as disturbing as hell. But honestly, if a parent does not care if the child's out at three o'clock in the morning on a weeknight, then I doubt they probably care a wit whether their child is transitioning to a different gender. Possible, let us see what Bobby's got this morning. Bobby, Happy Monday till you. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 4: Good morning, my brother Monday to you, I said, it was another ratty tat weekend we had in Cincinnati. Fifty some shots fired.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Steve Gooden posting that you wouldn't know it from local media reporting because apparently no reporting on that. Fifty shots fired along Clark Street by the football field, hitting park cars in at least one house. So he said, automatic gunfire.
Speaker 4: Well, when you hold thirty round bags in those sem sixty two but thirty nine hand held pistols they got, they can fire off a lot of them pretty quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Can't you empty a thirty round bag in a matter of just a couple of seconds?
Speaker 4: Bobby, That doesn't take very long, my friend, as quick as you can pull the trigger.
Speaker 3: Not. Is that not very accurate though? Spray and pray.
Speaker 4: No, that's all it is. I'll tell you what. Until they correct the problem, the problem's not gonna get corrected. The problem making it at the top. The problem being correct the violence in Cincinnati. It's in the top five most violent cities per capit.
Speaker 3: Okay, but how do we fix the problem of violence? I mean, you know, I understand taking steps toward holding people accountable, like, for example, the New York New Jersey law which is in an effect here, but enforcing curfew, for example, gets kids off of the streets where they're up to no good fine, but the motive behind the criminal behavior this lawless attitude. People have, this disregard for the law generally speaking. That's a problem that's so broad and has so many layers and elements behind it. How do you fix that?
Speaker 4: You have to run it like an insurgency. You cannot be nice. You have to run it like you would a military operation. You got to find out who the people are, where they're at, where they're going. It's easy to do, but the city's not going to do it because they're part of the problem. Well, going back, going to advertise their problem, Well you say, I guarantee you I got people correct the problem real quick without anything negative, all positive investigating. But you gotta know who these people are.
Speaker 3: And if you.
Speaker 4: Eliminate a promise one you don't have get them out of your community. Right. They don't want to do that.
Speaker 3: You say, identify who these people are, or around up who these people are, and you say that, they claim they know if someone has an outstanding arrest warrant and a police officer knows where that person is, yes, they should be out arresting that person. But if a person does not have an a restaurant. I made this point the other day. You give a rap sheet a mile long if you have served your time or otherwise complied with whatever a judicial rendering is or disposition is. In that case, you're in front of a judge. The judge said, you're on probation. You're on probation, you keep your nose clean, you're no longer on probation. That is on your quote unquote rap sheet. That doesn't give police the authority to pick you up for just being having a rap sheet that's long. Quite often you have recidivous criminals who end up in front of a judge on multiple occasions. You're sitting there going, well, how in the hell is this person not in jail. Well, it's because due process hasn't been worked through the system. They haven't had their day in trial, they haven't had their witnesses show up or be in front of a jury or a judge the try or fact to render a conclusion. They're not guilty at that moment in time. It's very complicated matter with it.
Speaker 4: I agree with you, but you need to know who they are and where they're at and everything else. And it's easy to do. But the city can't do that. They're legally not allowed to do it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: You pop a spider in a six block area and I'll tell you every human being it has a cell phone in that area, and you can track them every seven and a half fifteen minutes, know where they go, where they're at, and where they've been. Well, it's all legal.
Speaker 3: How would you feel if you were one of the people being tracked? You say, Bobby would be like, wait a second, I don't have a criminal record. Why am I under surveillance? Well, we've been tracking you because oh I don't know the comments you meant in the fifty five krs in morning show or something. I mean, what gives them the right to see a quote unquote track or otherwise round someone up? What is the legal predicate for that? That's what I want to know the city.
Speaker 4: The city doesn't have the right to do that. But independent people do you pop a spider. I don't know your name, I don't know your phone number. You've got a customer number, and I know exactly where you go, how long you've been there. Anytime I want to set it up on a computer, I know exactly where that phone's at, and that way I know where you're at. Well, you have a name on it or a phone number, but I do have a tracking number.
Speaker 3: I'm at a loss to know how that what good that's going to possibly do?
Speaker 4: In seventy two hours, I can tell you who the criminals are, where they're at, and where they're.
Speaker 3: Going the criminals suggesting that a crime has been perpetrated by one of these unnamed, unknown individuals that you're tracking generally throughout the day every day. Sorry, Bobby, You're I just I can't make heads or tails out of what you're really proposing here. Sorry, man, If you know.
Speaker 4: Where, if you know where the people are, you know exactly what they're going to do. What people the people criminals?
Speaker 3: The criminals, Well, again, that suggests that they are they have committed a crime, or that a warrant is out, or that you know that that particular person there's probable cause to believe they should be picked up for creative for committing a crime. And if that exists, then the police should do it. But in the absence of underlying criminal activity or allegations of it, they can be justified for the warrant i e. Probable cause. Then you've got no right or ability to pick them up, regardless of what's in their background. Six twenty seven fifty five k CD Talk Station, Matt, you're next going to mind holding for a moment. We'll get to local stories after your phone call, and after a word for Foreign Exchange, where you can get your traditionally imported cars fixed, whether Asian or European or if you happen to own a Tesla. You're in the best possible hands with Foreign Exchange. You'll get a full warranty on parts in service. It will be worked on by an a S certified Master technician, and you'll be very happy with the customer service. I assure you of that. They do all of it. They have access to your manufacturer technical information, so it's going to get done right. And the greatest thing about it is why would I go to Foreign Exchange not just take it to the dang dealer? Money big money. You can save a lot of money with Foreign Exchange, and they're real creative about recarr repairs. If you're like stuck in a jam, and you can fix it one way or go with a less expensive alternative to get you through. They're great at coming up with less expensive alternatives anyway, regardless. Foreign Exchange Westchester location. Take the tiles of the legs it off of I seventy five, go east, just a short jog to Kingland Drive hanging right, and you are there online Foreign X form the letter X dot com. You'd be happy you did take your car there. Trust me going there for years and years. Five one three, six, four four, twenty six, twenty six, six four four twenty six, twenty.
Speaker 6: Six fifty five KRC real.
Speaker 3: Sixty two on a Monday, Happy Monday, five one three, seven four nine to fifty five hundred and eight hundred eight two three talking to jump over the phones, Matt was kind enough to hold over the break then, thanks for holding Max. Welcome in the Morning show.
Speaker 7: Oh, good morning, bye.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 13: I had a question about Brad Windstrip the other day.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 13: He said they had information that the Russia Russia Russia uh was a hoax. Yes, and they had an in Congress, but then it was classified. Well Mike, uh, yeah, Donald Trump has the power to declassify stuff, did he go to Donald Trump and said, hey, we have information that will exonerate you.
Speaker 7: Yes, but it's classified. You have to declassify it.
Speaker 3: It's been declassified. That's how he was able to talk about it. He wasn't previously able to talk about it, but now that it has been declassified, it's out there for all to read. Twenty eighteen, I believe was the year that was released.
Speaker 13: So yeah, did he go to Trump and then Trump could have declassified it right then and then and then got all this out in the open.
Speaker 3: Well it has been and it is all this information is widely reported. I mean for media outlets that actually reporting on it. Yeah, it looks terrible in terms of those that engage in this this collusion again Trump and his administration. So yeah, I mean it's out there for all to read. It's pretty damning information too, and it's been referred to a grand jury for potential indictment, so keep your popcorn out on that. But yeah, it's out there again, That's how he was able to talk about it. This is a truly bizarre local story Clark County up by Dayton. One pedestrian dead. It had crashed your cart on Friday night. The guy was trying to run away from some dogs that were going After recording of the high State Highway Patrol, they were called nine pm nine thirty pm for a crash on a Lower Valley Pike and plumbing. An investigation shows dun El Sanning, who's thirty five from New Carlisle, driving around her twenty fourteen Chevy Cruise on Lower Valley Pike. Jason Coperna, who was a pedestrian forty six, he was from Yonkers, New York, was walking northeast on the shoulder of the same road when the two dogs from a nearby house ran across the street and jumped onto the pedestrian. He tried to escape by running toward the road and was hit by the Chevy Cruise, taking a mercy Health and Anna and he's come to his injury, so he's no longer with us. The dogs sustained minor injuries. The Chevy driver was not injured, but did stay at the scene of the crash, which is still being investigated. Freak accident let us see here. Driver accused of shooting multiple times in another vehicle Monday night in Claremont County intersection now facing more charges, including attempted murder. This according to the Climont County Grand Jury. This was last Monday. Miles Phillip Pop, thirty five, indicted this past Thursday, in addition to attempted murder and Flonius assault charges, now facing a discharge of a firearm charge. Jail record show he's still held in the Clarmont County Joe on a five hundred thousand dollars cast shirty bond. That's Claremont County Joe for the Flonias assault charge, plus a quarter of a million cast last personal recognizance bonds for the attempted murder charge. About seven forty pm Monday, deputies called the East Plain Street and Startling Road report of a person with a weapon. Deputies respond to the area immediately. Victim, according to Clemont County Sheriff's Office, said they tried to pass Pop's vehicle to create a distance when he heard three pops and felt something hit him in the neck and face area. Office sheriff said. The victim realized the impact they felt was from shattered glass from the rear view mirror hit by an unknown object. The victim not injured, thankfully. Police later apprehend and Pop on Locust Road he admitted to firing one gun shot from his vehicle. Search Pop's vehicle also led to a loaded gun being found in the glovebox Man five point thirty six fifty five KRC the talk station Affordable Medical Imaging heard earlier Fred Fred saved six grand by going to affordable medical imaging, and he referred his buddy, who was going to be facing what was it an eight thousand dollars image charge or something like that. He ended up getting it done for a grand. I may have the numbers wrong on it. I think the guy I ended up saving like eight grand. That's Fred looking out for his friend. Here's me looking out for you. You got a choice when it comes to imaging, like all medical services, So don't go to the hospital imaging department. Be like Fred, Be like Jef, be like me. Go to affordable imaging services and save thousands and thousands of dollars. So, whether it's an echo cardiogram, mri, CT scanner, ultrasound or X ray, go to one of the two affordable imaging locations and get it done for a mere fraction. Every image comes with a board certified radiologist report in the price, so rather than thirty five hundred dollars for the echo cardiogram. How about five hundred without an enhancement or eight hundred with an enhancement of affordable imaging services. Thousands of dollars can be saved. So do the right thing, save money. Low overhead, yes, but don't pay for overhead, same equipment, same smart people operating it. Five one three seven, five three eight thousand five to one three seven, five three eight thousand Online It's affordable meddimaging dot com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: I hardware are CD talk station five one three seven eight hundred eighty two three talk on FAY fifty on eighteen typhones. Fifty five careseea dot com for podcasts and you can't listen live like for example, listening to what Andre Ewing is to say outspoken community activity is former police officer. He is follow him on Facebook, Andre Ewing on fire. Great commentary from Andre last week, so you can check it out. Fifty five care Sea dot com. Jay, welcome back to the morning show, my friend. Happy Monday to you.
Speaker 14: Hey, good morning Brian.
Speaker 9: Hey.
Speaker 14: I want to say if I could put a finer point on the previous callers question about brad Winstrip as I understand it, and I'm gonna put chronological order here. Twenty sixteen, Hillary Clinton and the Democrat Party brought out the Russian pokes against Donald Trump. An investigation. Trump gets elected, an investigation has launched. They find out that this is just garbage and it was an attempt to overturn a free and fair election.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to distract from Hillary Clinton's email server problem, I believe was the genesis of this Russian collusion hoax.
Speaker 14: Sure, then in twenty twenty, Joe Biden gets more votes than any other president in history, which makes a half the country scratch their head and say something's up.
Speaker 4: This can't be right.
Speaker 14: It gets buried. Win Strip's report gets buried for four years, and he doesn't come forward because it's classified that we may have had two.
Speaker 8: Elections in a row.
Speaker 14: One for sure, one is under a strict or very very suspicious circumstances. Joe Biden get getting elected. They the whole country gets inflicted with the Biden administration for four years. During Trump's first term, the Russia hoax costs the taxpayers millions and millions of dollars got in the way of Trump's agenda. As he has to keep being distracted and the whole country is distracted. Oh yeah, and I think the previous caller my question is and Winstrip sat on his hands because it was classified and you couldn't come forward as a whistleblower. If treason is happening in the country.
Speaker 3: Well, I suppose that's one way of looking at it. I can't speak for the congressman's actions or you know, the timing of the matter. I just know that it has been declassified, which allows me to talk about it now. That's why it's been so widely reported. All the pieces of the puzzle were finally put together. That coupled with the most recent you know, document releases from the Department of Justice, so they all add up to one big damning you know, development of information, Jay, I you know, in terms of classification, how things are declassified, and what people's efforts were behind the scenes, if they were trying to get it declassified at any given time. Those are details I simply do not have, Jay, Honestly, I really don't.
Speaker 9: No, I know you don't.
Speaker 14: I didn't expect you to. But I think the deaths the question that we have out here is what's it going to take for a Republican congressman to have this information. Yes, I understand how serious classified information is. But if you're a patriot, for crying out loud and there's treason going on, stand up, be heard. If this was the Democrat party, they would have leaked it quietly to the press well and got all the documents out there, versus sitting on your hands and watch the country get destroyed with open borders and every vent and all and everything else during the Biden administration. For crying out loud, stand up well, and you know your whistleblow up protection.
Speaker 3: This is one of those things that Republicans have convinced them, have argued Democrats are doing all the time. It's leaked to the press, and that leaking confidential information to the press, of course, can subject to to criminal charges. So you know, if you want to go down that road and risk criminal prosecution and the name of patriotism, fine, that's fine.
Speaker 12: Yes, I would say so.
Speaker 14: I would say that's my expectation of a Republican congressman if you know treason's going on and classified document the classification of classified is keeping your mouth shut while the country goes down the tubes. Shame on, Brad Weistrip, stand.
Speaker 12: Up, be a patriot, all right.
Speaker 3: I'll let him address that next time he's on the program. He may be listening right now. He can feel free to chime in, and if you're listening, you can feel free to chime in as well. Five on three seven, four, nine fifty five, eight hundred eight two three talk can touch with Suzette Low's camp with Cross Country Mortgage. If you have a mortgage, are if you're interested in obtaining a mortgage, you want to do a second mortgage, maybe reverse mortgage, whatever that happens to be. If it involves mortgages, you're dealing with the best in the business. Susette Low's Camp all fifty states plus Puerto Rico. She can help you out. Help my daughter out. Her and her fiance got the house thanks to Suzette Low's camps quick turnaround just like two days and they had their financing security after getting the run around from some bank they had been talking to. Listen, one word of advice to my daughter, Honey Caul, Susette Low's Camp, here's the number five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Happy. Absolutely, you'll be happy.
Speaker 7: Too.
Speaker 3: She's out standing at customer service with more than thirty five years in the mortgage business. Trust me, she knows what she's doing, so work with the best. Suo's thattt Low's camp again five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Send her an email. She'll get right back. Suset dot Low's camps built l O s E KA MP SU's at dot Low's camp at CCM dot com. Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 15: Over two hundred thousand children on diet if you've got KRCD talk station coming up after top of the our news, FOP president Ken Kober FLP circuling a petition to get rid of irs Rawleigh, of course, being paid by the City of Cincinnati as some sort of advisor.
Speaker 3: She's out getting in front of police officers, interfering with them performing their duties, which sounds like something that's sitable. I'm going to find out from Kenneth that is a sitable offense. Christopher Smith Aman at seven twenty. In the meantime, jump over to the phones. Let's see what Jim's got this morning. Jim, thanks for calling. Happy Monday, Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 7: I have to agree with the previous caller, I got Winsterm's a nice guy, but he's got no spine. If you watch what he did. We got rid of d Schmidt and brought Brad in there. And he would not take any stand against the party if he looked at his building record, Oh yes, great conservative record, until you look at the really important votes. And he wouldn't stand up to the party. Do you think he's going to stand up for anything else. He's not a Tom Manson that stands up on principle. It's just, you know, I'm glad he's gone to my rep I'm not sure about day. But he had no courage to stand up against anything that the party didn't say.
Speaker 4: He couldn't do fair enough, So he wouldn't.
Speaker 7: He wouldn't commit treason because or stand up lay anybody out for treason because he didn't have the spine to do it.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, yeah, I don't have the problems. I don't have a problem people criticizing him. You can draw your own conclusions about who the politicians are and how they vote on what they do. He isn't the only person that was aware of that that document confirming that the Democrats in fact created the Russian collusion. Hoaks had a whole cloth that was confidential, and he obviously couldn't talk about it inspite it because he has security clearance and had access to it. He made his decision. You can criticize him for it that say, Okay, I wish kind of wish he was here to defend himself and maybe make an argument to that effect. But right, I mean, that's what elections are all about. I mean, you're going to throw question, You're going to throw out the good for the sake of the perfect, and people quite often asked that question out loud when it comes to political choices. Anyhow, five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three dog found five fifty on AT and T phones. Yeah, I'll just go ahead and kind of intro this because we're going to get to FLP President Ken Kober. They are calling the FOP is for Iris Raleigh to be fired. And this what this this online petition is being circulated for LEEDG is that Raleigh has been caught on bodycam multiple times harassing police officers from doing their jobs. At least as yesterday morning, twenty nine hundred signatures their goal five thousand court of the petition. Despite clear misconduct, the city continues to fund her contract with taxpayer dollars. They posted the body camera videos showing Raleigh alleged in what they determined its harassing cops. Also posted an appearance she made on a podcast where she quote wasted no time berating a retired Cincinni police officer and the others on the show Close quote. FOP also posted all three of the videos in the organization's Facebook page, and one post claims Raleigh is not a collaborator but an agitator. So we showed one of the videos Raleigh asking a man who is being then interviewed by Cincinnati police officers, then telling him to pour out his spear if he wanted to file a complaint against the police officer. Right in the middle of that going on, Cheryl on city Manager defending her Her contribution span from the origins of the collaborative agreement to her commitment to problem solving resulting in support for teens in our transit center. She consistently steps up to organize effective strategies and to raise her hand to support the community when others don't, but long did pivot over to the thing that the police officers are dressing in their online petition saying anyone doing work on behalf of the city of Cincinnati must hold themselves to a higher standard that includes not interfering with police who are in the act of performing their lawful duties. Thank you, Cheryl Long for addressing the core of the problem here. She's part of the purvol administration, but she's out interfering with police officers in the act of performing their lawful duties. Not a good look for a city of Cincinnati that's under the microscope for its law enforcement. Some argue failures. Others argue it's perhaps an administration's problem because of it's a poor allocation of police resources, failure to acknowledge the problem we have in the city of Cincinnati, which is one of crime doing the five d's of dodgeball. When addressing the question after the July twenty sixth beat down six fifty five, can Kober on that after the top of the UR News followed by Christopher Smithman, is he running for counsel or not? Sort of a side issue for Christopher this morning. I don't know that the end, so we'll let Christopher answer that question. Himself coming up at seven twenty. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 11: Today's top stories at the top of the hour. You just got to know what's happening in your world. Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming. Gets your Miami Valley Gaming on Saturday seven six Here fifty five kr CV Talk Station. Happy Monday, try to make it so anyway. Christopher SimMan coming over the next segment in the meantime, Happy to welcome back for the fifty five Casey Morning Show. Fop fternal older Pee Chapter sixty nine, which represents the Cincinnati Police Department heading it up. Ken Coberg, Ken, good to have you back on the fifty five Casey Morning Show. Hey, good morning, Brian, thanks for having all right. Now, if I was out in the middle of the street and I saw an officer I don't know, interacting with someone in terms of making a stop, doing their job and their official capacity as an on duty police officer, and I got in the middle of it and interfered with the police officer doing his job, would I be subject to a citation?
Speaker 16: Ken Cober, Yeah, I mean you'd be subject to a citation or subject to arrest for that matter.
Speaker 3: Okay, I guess first question. You have it on video, and you circulated a petition to well have Iris Rawley described as a consultant to the City of Cincinnati in a paid capacity, get her fired from her job, and you show a couple of illustrations she's been caught on bodycam, which you did post with the you petition for assing police officers in the middle of doing their job. Can I ask why that she wasn't cited.
Speaker 16: Well, you know, officers had discretion, and in that situation, it was clear the officer knew exactly who Iris was and thought that it would be better to attempt to de escalate the situation than it would be to try to arrest her, knowing that it was a likelihood that it was going to get worse. So they made what I thought was a good decision just to try to let it go under the circumstances. But as I've explained to the city manager, those circumstances are running out, and she should expect the next policeman she comes across and tries to do something like that, she will be arrested.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's on notice now, clearly, most notably because you circulated a petition trying to get her fired. Now, she's been around since the days of the riots and the Collaborative Agreement, and a lot of people, including the city manager in responsive petition, you know, gave her props. Is a consequence of her activism. But she has been an out loud voice against the police department and seems to embrace this defund the police kind of strategy. And she's certainly an agitator when it comes to well filing complaints against police officers who are doing their job. Now, I guess I understand why you're trying to ask for her to be fired. Do you have any idea what role she plays now since the Collaborative Agreement has been around for now for what like almost two decades.
Speaker 16: Consultant of the city manager, and that came straight from the city manager that she consults her.
Speaker 4: And you know, and that's fine.
Speaker 16: Is all the work that she's done with the collaborative Agreement, whether you like it you don't like it, the work that she's done can't go un notice.
Speaker 3: However, she's crossed the line.
Speaker 16: You cross the line when you decide that you're going to obstruct official business. When the police are out there trying to do what they're paid to do, and it's something that's just not going to be tolerated.
Speaker 3: I certainly understand that it sounds like the city manager's on your site on that, after supporting Iris Rowley and everything that she's done on behalf of the city. City manager along said anyone doing work on behalf of the city of Cincinnati Iris Rowley must hold themselves to a higher standard that includes not interfering with police or in the act of performing their lawful duties. So even the city manager is on your side on this, Kenkober.
Speaker 16: Well, yeah, but we'll see if there's going to be any consequence for her actions. That's going to be where the proof is in the putting. Is she gonna actually do something about it, And that's yet to be seen.
Speaker 3: It is yet to be seen now so far. How many signatures do you have on your petition? I looked at it's just over thirty four hundred.
Speaker 16: I can tell you I was working the Sccincinnati match last night and there are some folks that were talking about it said that they fully support the police that they've signed it. I've talked to some officers that are reluctant to sign it because they believe that somehow the city is going to get this information and that they will try to retaliate against them if they do sign it.
Speaker 3: Now, I just won't have to be a resident of the city of Cincinnati to sign the petition.
Speaker 9: No, And you know this, this.
Speaker 16: Petition is really twofold. It's one it's sending a message to the city saying that we're not going to tolerate some consultant from the city that's going to create, you.
Speaker 3: Know, uh, have a criminal act, commit a criminal.
Speaker 16: Act that's going to harass the police. But also it's a message because the police are seeing it, and the police are seeing the support they have. So I encourage all those that are the silent minority or the silent majority that are always supporting the police that don't necessarily want to come out and say it, sign the petition because these officers are taking notice of how many signatures are you know, being signed.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess considering she's in this consulting capacity, of course she's an outspoken community activist. Everything in the city seems to know who iris. Rawly is the fact that she's going out there and actually interfering with officers doing their job. Isn't that encouraging others residents of the city to do the same dang thing, Since if Iris can do it, shouldn't I be doing it also.
Speaker 16: Without a doubt? I mean, they don't understand, you know, the impact that this is having. I mean, officers are absolutely furious about this. You know, I was at a role call this morning. Not one officer had anything bad to say about this petition. They encourage it. They actually want me to go even further and take other steps, and that's we'll see how this all plays out. But they're furious to see that you have somebody that is supposedly a city leader that is harassing the police when they're simply trying to do their job.
Speaker 3: Now, what do you hope ultimately comes to this? Obviously, if the petition, you know, it serves its purpose, she's going to get fired. I really am hesitant to believe that Share along or anybody in the Cincinnati and the current government, is going to fire her for doing this. So this really does serve the purpose of putting Iris specifically on notice that maybe next time around, she will get sided, and also sends a warning to the rest of the Greater Cincinnati residents. Don't do this, because you'll see what's going to happen next time we encounter Iris involving this. I mean, this just brings it to everybody's attention as something not to do.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 16: Absolutely, I had this conversation with the city manager on Friday, and I told her, listen, she should thank her lucky stars that she came across an extremely patient police officer who is willing to deal with that nonsense, because there's a lot of police officers out there that wouldn't have been willing to deal with it, that would have just arrested her, which is what ultimately could have happened. Like I said, I respect the officer that was involved. I think she's a fantastic person. Under the circumstances, I believe she made the right decision. But Iris is going to be so lucky next time, and that's going to be on the city manager to have to deal with. You know, if they continue to do business with her, they continue to give her taxpayer dollars.
Speaker 3: Because I believe Iris.
Speaker 16: Is not going to stop doing this, it would be smart if she does. That's what we want is for her just to stop this behavior. But if it continues, believe me, there is a high likelihood that she will be arrested.
Speaker 3: Well, and I agree with your conclusion about the officer involved in not issuing the citation, But doesn't that highlight the very problem that Iris Ralli has created because she is such a loud activist and will look into and with hindsight twenty twenty, look at every single, every single moment in time of any officer and maybe perp interaction that they're going to be under the microscope, which has caused law enforcement officers to really question engaging people on the street for fear of being called out by Iris Rawli and others of her ILK. Now, doesn't this confirm that that strategy actually work because Iris avoided getting a ticket because it was well known to the police that she was this loud activist. Yeah, I mean, I think you could certainly draw that conclusion.
Speaker 16: But I'll just say this, there are plenty of policemen that I've talked to this said at that was me in that situation, I would have arrested her. You know, no one, no one in this police department is against accountability. You know, the public deserves transparency. They deserve the police to be held accountable. But if they think that they're going to allow some bully to continue to harass police officers, it's just not going to happen. There are plenty of cops out there that we're wishing that that was them because they would have arrested.
Speaker 3: Her fair enough. Well, if folks want to sign the petition, FOP President Ken Cover, where do they go.
Speaker 9: To do that?
Speaker 16: Goodness sincy c I n c Y police dot Com. All the information that is all held by the FOP, So it's not like the city's getting this information.
Speaker 4: We're storing all this information.
Speaker 16: It's private and you know, we want to be able to see that you know how many people are actually out there supporting the police, because we know there's a ton of you.
Speaker 3: All amen to that. FOP President can Cover. I can't thank you enough for the time you spent my listeners and me talking about this important topic. I'll look for hard to having you back on and if listeners want to sign a petition, I'll encourage them to do so. Ken, keep up the great work, my friend, Thanks for coming on this morning. Sure, thanks for having me. Brian, my pleasure anytime. Seven to fifteen Right now, Christopher Smitheman with the Smith Event. He'll be up next. First, get in touch with Rhino Shield. Get a free quote, it's a free quote. Why would you want to go with rhinoshoeld because you don't want to paint in your home anymore. You know, every five many years, every five years scraping, you know, getting there to the old stuff. It's flaking off, maybe it's faded paint. You're in a vicious cycle of paint then repaint, then repaint again. How about going with Rhino shoe Do you get a twenty five year warranty. It is an outstanding product and it's better than paint. It's a ceramic coating. It's like eight to ten times thicker than paint. They do a great job of preparing the surface for the application and this Rhino Shield product goes on. It provides long term protection so you don't go through that paint repaint cycle again, protects your home's xterior from excess moisture, protections from UV rays. It's guaranteed not to fade or chip for twenty five years, and it's a transferable warranty. So go with the ceramic coding better than paint by Far. For a free quote and to learn more about the product and its various applications, go to Rhino r H I n O Rhino shieldky dot com for all the greater Cincinnati area rhinoshield ky dot com to call for a free quote. Eight five five seven four four sixty six oh five eighty five five seven four four sixty six oh five.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: The free iHeartRadio app as over seven twenty Here fifty five kr CD talk station. Brian Thomas wishing ere won a very happy Monday, made extra special every Monday at this time. Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Christopher Smithman for the Monday Morning smith Avan. Christopher, always a pleasure having on my show.
Speaker 9: Oh, thank you so much, Brian for having me on. So I'll get at the first question that you have presented. A Yes, I did pull a petition to run for city council on Friday around four pm. So we're in the process of collecting signatures to get my name on the ballot, and we have a short window nine days. The signatures are due on the twentieth, and so we're excited about it. You know, my frustration is, like with everyone else. You know, we've seen a city hall that seems to just miss some very important facts around crime or safety in our community, brother or dealing with what's happening in Hyde Park with the development there, and it just seemed to be ignored.
Speaker 10: That's a very very, very very big deal.
Speaker 9: And so you know, this city Council has really set race relations back ten years the comment by the President pro Tem, and one of the reasons I want to explain this is that thirty years ago we didn't have the internet the way we have it now. And so when you can go to Europe and see a statement from the President pro Tem which is thirty in command that says that Holly was begging for the beat down that she got right, is devastating for the economics of our city. It is the devastating for the economics of our city, is devastating for our reputation, and the President Protend just seems to not understand it. If the mayor wanted to hold her accountable today, he could strip her of her title President Protend. He could demand that council revoke that. It doesn't make sense to me. So there are a lot of good reasons to put my name on the ballot to give the citizens of Cincinnati in our fifty two neighborhoods an option. It's going to be up to them if they want to keep the status quo where we're heading, They're not going to vote for me. If they like a change and a voice on Council of Reason and common Sense, no matter what their political party is, they'll vote for me. Well, yes, I did pull a petition. We'll be working incredibly hard over the next nine days to get the five hundred good signatures to.
Speaker 10: Put my name on ballot.
Speaker 3: Well, what can my Cincinnati City of Cincinnati dwelling listeners do to help you out on that? A place they can go to sign the petition? Where's it going to be circulated? What can we do to put you here? With the top there?
Speaker 9: Christopher, So, Jim and Jack is the headquarters and people can just come down. Like I said before, it's the super majority of people that work here. The owner and it's gym is daughter who runs at Karen Jim.
Speaker 4: They all live in the.
Speaker 9: City of Cincinnati. I live at Price Hill and so they're here circulating. They're not open on Mondays, but Tuesday through Sunday they can just walk into the establishment say they're here to sign the petition. And sign the petition. That's what we need, and the key is that we need, as you indicated, Brian, citizens that live in the city of Cincinnati, in our fifty two neighborhoods. The second thing that we need is for people to pick up a petition and take it home. Now, this is a detail that's important, Like we don't need people necessarily to fill out the whole petition. Just you come in, husband comes in, signs the petition, takes the petition home, has his wife witnesses, his wife's signature is children's signature, and then brings it back. They might get three or four signatures, but we know all those signatures are good. The key to this is validity. It's not volume. It's getting the right people in the city who are registered to vote where their address matches the Board of Elections to sign the petition so we can turn those signatures in by the twenty Well, I appreciate the opportunity to say that and thank you Brian for that time.
Speaker 3: Listen, man, I can't think of a better thing to happen for the city. Since now you're getting on the bout and getting elected, you have a record that you can run on. You can point back to your record successful it was, to your record on common sense, logic and reason. Of course, offering an alternative voice to the lockstep unified voice, we get out of the Democrats, which quite often doesn't make any sense. So wonderful development, folks, you have an opportunity to help out. Let's change the direction. Let's get Christopher on the ballot and then of course do the hard work of getting him elected. Christopher, I'm really pleased with the announcement. I really really am, and I'm excited for you, and I'm think about good things maybe coming for the city of Cincinnati. We got great options coming up this fall, great options. Just question of whether the city wakes up and decides they're not going to do the same thing over and over and over again. Another time. We'll bring Christopher back. Let's wait first, though, a word for my friends at USA Insallation. Outstanding product, always has been, always will be. Your only regret with USA's premium phone is that you're going to kick yourself for not doing it sooner, Well, what an awesome opportunity finally take them up. It's a free quote and free inspection. You're either under insulated or have no insulation. Find out with the free inspection our highest star value phone on the market. If you pay for the phone in the exterior walls that only ninety nine bucks a month interest free. They're gonna insulate your attic for free. You got to act before the end of this month to take advantage of the free attic insulation. Ninety nine bucks a month plus the free attic. What an awesome opportunity to do what you're gonna love regardless of any specials that are going on. Get better comfort immediately and save money every month. That's right, guaranteed savings from US say so much so that you may save more than the monthly charge to have the foam installed three eight one three six two six five one three three eight one foam. You're also eligible for a twelve hundred dollars energy tax next year or credit next year when you're doing your taxes, so an extra twelve one hundred dollars off the top is effectively what that does. Three eight one Foam Online USA Insulation dot Net fifty five KRC. When you're hurting a cart, there is your channel nine first one and weather forecast sunny day to day all way up to ninety one degrees. Little chance of rain this afternoon seventy three tonight with muggy, clear, muggy conditions and clear skies. Sunny Tomorrow is seated afternoon storm possible ninety for the high over ninth seventy two. Muggy again, isolated storms, spotty storms Wednesday of possibility anyway. We'll see high of eighty seven right now, seventy one degrees. Time for a traffic.
Speaker 1: Update from the U see how Traffic Center.
Speaker 17: Then you see how Backneck and Spine Center offers innovative treatments to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and the Kentucky Learn more age you see help dot com.
Speaker 1: Northbound seventy five.
Speaker 17: Delay times had dropped under the five minute mark between Buttermilk and downtown northbound fourth seventy one. You'll need a couple of extra minutes coming across the bridge. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: To Shy at seven twenty nine to fifty five kr C the talk station Brian Thomas with former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati and maybe councilmen again, Christopher Smithman. Christopher Eric commented to me, he said, when Corey Bowman gets elected, we can get Christopher Smithemer as vice mayor again.
Speaker 4: Maybe well, well.
Speaker 9: We'll leave that, yeah, Mayor Cory Bowman, right, But what I will say is that this will give I hope the citizens of Cincinnati, you know, an option, and I'm one of a few good options on there because I think Stephen Gooden is, oh yeah, a good guy who's running. I served with him, always came prepared, professional, understood the subject matter, and delivered the vote and didn't mind being in the minority. People don't realize that the descending vote is also very important because it means that those citizens in the fifty two neighborhoods who wanted to hear a no vote got it, and it meant that somebody heard them and was standing with them on their position. That's number one, but number two, it also forces negotiations, meaning sometimes votes are five to four, they're right there on the bubble, and that kind of pressure Brian Thomas sometimes makes the other side conceive points that are important to get the compromise. So we can't keep doing what we're doing. We can't have nine Democrats on council. A mayor that's a Democrat. They're just running the table as a group think. And typically those types of board of directors are bad for cities. We see it in Chicago right now. Chicago is in so much economic trouble, and often it's because they've had a group think, you know. So anyway, it's an option, and I'm not gonna harp on that. I want to say, there was some type of fight in downtown Cincinnati. We've had shots fired, all kinds of things, but there was a fight that citizens are talking about between some white citizens down in downtown Cincinnati. And it looked like white youth. And so it's important for the mainstream media to talk about it, right, don't hide that under the carpet. What happened? How are we as a city managing that. Did they arrest anybody, whether they were juveniles or they going to juvenile court? How was it a dressed It didn't look like a fair fight. It looked like somebody several young men looked like they were jumping on one or two people. But it looked like chaos, and it did look like an officer was on team breaking it up. So that's a good thing. I mean that there was somebody there responding to it. But the point is that we want to be balanced in our coverage about what's happening in our city, and this is one of those opportunities for mainstream media to do just that.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, yeah, I agree, And crime is crime is crime. Whether it's white kids beating up on somebody or black kids beating up on somebody. The problem is we've got a bunch of kids runn around beating up on people, and that's not a good view. I mean, if you want to paint the city of Cincinnati is a safe place, does it matter the color of the person's skin if you're going to probably get a beatdown if you're going downtown Cincinnati. The point is is crime is a problems.
Speaker 9: That's absolutely true. And we can't have leaders undermining law enforcement no matter what. Because I heard the FOP president in his interview, and so you can't have leaders in the city undermining getting in between the work of what our Cincinnati Police Department is doing. And by the way, you know, having served as the Chair of Law and Public Safety, that's part of their job, that kind of oversight. Meaning if I were the Chair of Law and Public Safety and I had an incident like that, I would have a hearing on it. I'd ask the person, the employer who's involved, the contractor police come in and explain this, meaning this is not something that's normal and not something that should happen. So part of the problem is the council isn't functioning giving the oversight, and then it triggers the FOP to have to do the things that they're doing. It's because city Council is not doing what they're supposed to do, which is police themselves, police the institution. That's why they're serving as the board of directors. So again that's another reason, right, it's important to get people elected on council because let's say Stephen Gooden was a member of council, he probably would say, here's a motion, I'd like to have a hearing on the subject matter that the FOP president was just talking about, which is talking about it from the outside, but there should be somebody on council of the nine of them saying this is a problem. We're going to have a hearing about it and have a public discussion.
Speaker 3: Well, same thing on the President pro TEMs, just unbelievably horrific statement about this. People deserving a beatdown, including Holly, who seem to be completely innocent whole thing. So yeah, you might advance the motion to address that and sanction her, otherwise remove her from any you know, a membership position on any given committee.
Speaker 9: You know, I the is no question Brian Thomas, there is no question that out of nine members of council, the president pro tem who's third in command. So that means that when the mayor's out of town, the vice mayor's out of town, the President pro tem is running the city third in command. So in the country, it's right the president, the vice president, and then the Speaker of the House. The reality of it is you at the Speaker of the House, like in the connection of power in the city, saying that Hollywood was begging for what happened to her, And you don't have that resolution that you just discussed by any member of councilor of the mayor saying we're going to censure her, We're going to strip her of some committee chairmanships or a committee positions, or we're going to strip her of her president pro tem and it doesn't her title, because that then what's happening is and you know this is her comments are playing in Europe. Yeah, this is around the world community. It's not like this is local to Cincinnati. People are discussing what she said around the world, not just the United States of America. And there's not that other voice in the void that's elected down there saying we don't agree with this, We're going to hold her accountable. The peace is we're going to hold her accountable. It's not okay just to say, hey, I don't agree with what she said. If you have to take the next step here to say, here's how we're going to hold this elected official accountable, Brian Tard, that's missing in the system right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I mean the silence from the rest of the council is really deafening along those lines because that statement cannot be justified under any circumstances none. So it is a bad optic for the City of Cincinnati. I mean, she is an elected official, as you point out, in the third highest role on the city and said that Holly deserved to get punched in the face. I'm just I'm beside myself still on that one. Let's continue with Christopher Smith and at seven thirty five right now if you five KCD talk station. But after a word for the Chimneycare Fireplace and stove A plus is the better business Burea locally unoperated since nineteen eighty eight. They can take care of anything related to chimneys, fireplaces, free standing stoves, self feeding, wood waste pellet stoves. The whole nine yards showroom pack full of all kinds of in fireplace inserts and free standing stoves and everything. Great shop. It is on wards corner Road. Learn all about what's there in the showroom and schedule your appointment Chimneycareco dot com. And what you want to do is schedule it now. It's the wood burning sweep in evaluation for you wood burners out there. Only one hundred and sixty nine ninety nine plus tax. Great investment keeps your house from burning down. Let's right, a chimney fire can burn your house down, so let's not let that happen. Certified chimney sweep come out, video camera the entire thing. Make sure there's been no prior fires that have cracked your lining or any other problems. And then of course the certified chimney sweep hard at work to sweep it out, getting rid of all that kreosode build up to avoid the chimney fire. So peace of mind you'll have in the fall when the temperatures drop again. One sixty nine ninety nine plus tax five one three two four eight ninety six hundred to book an appointment five to one three two four eight ninety six hundred or online Chimneycareco dot com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 11: We all remember that one.
Speaker 3: Seven thirty nine fifty five KERR CD talk station. Brian Talling with with Christopher Smithman may Orrill are a council candidate. If we can get him on the ballot. Get over to Jim and Jackson the River. Not today because they're closed on Mondays, but that's where you can find a petition. Make sure Christopher has valid signatures of residents of the City of Cincinnati so you can get on the ballot and we'll have a better option as we get forward closer to the election of this November. Good Man, he is Christopher, you're talking about the situation Iris Rawley. I had FOP President Ken Coob we're on earlier, talking about petition they're circulating to have her removed from her role as a consultant getting paid by the City of Cincinnati while out there interfering with police officers. And you know because you heard it. The point I was making with him is she is She's got a lot of swing in the Cincinnati area among residents political activists outspoken, clearly been around since the collaborative agreement, So her voice, in spite of what you or I may conclude about it, does carry a lot of weight. So I think it's important this petition because she is literally committing a crime by interfering with the actions of police officers. This is a warning to Iris Rawley, as he indicated, to not do it anymore, or you're going to get sighted next time it happens. But it's also a warning to the rest of the residents. Because Iris are roally out there bothering and interfering with police doing their work. That's incentive to others to do the same thing. Much in the same way. Victoria Parks President pro Temps comment that those folks deserve the beatdown they got is kind of a suggestion to other residents of the city of Cincinnati. Hey, it's okay to beat up on whitey, or at least that's kind of a conclusion you draw your take.
Speaker 9: Well, look first, if we had a functioning administration and counsel, the FOP president would not have to do what they're doing, because the city manager would call that contractor in in this case Irish Roly and say never ever engage in this behavior. You cannot go out. And then, certainly on this bodycam, it's saying I think the statement was I don't trust you or I don't trust the police. I mean, it was one of the statements something like that to the officer who was trying to cite the person on the bicycle and the person the officer was saying in a very respectful way. By the way, I'd give her an a plus in how she handled the situation.
Speaker 3: I hope you give me.
Speaker 9: She did a wonderful job managing that right because she understood the political ramification right and that she was doing her best to de escalate. She didn't want to put handcuffs on Irish Roly, but she needed to do her job of citing this person back to jail. So it was a very tough situation for the officers or kudos to her. But at the end of the day, if the city manager right, if she was doing her job, she would say, look, not only don't do it, but publicly, I'm going to make sure that I send the message to the community that this was unacceptable behavior. So because that's not happening. The statement that I heard you read from the city manager was kind of like, these are the great things, yes, that the contractor does for our community, which is not dealing with the issue that the FOP president is putting forward. So because and by the way, Brian, somebody on council, the chair of Lauren Public Safety, the vice chair of Lauren Public Safety, a member of Law and Public Safety should be engaging here with the oversight. Again, that's the part of the dysfunction that the FLP president has to come and do any of this work.
Speaker 3: Well, I will give some credit to City Manager Long she did conclude with anyone doing work on behalf of the city of Cincinnati, iris Rawley must hold themselves to a higher standard. That includes not interfering with police who are in the act of performing their lawful duties. So she is on record sort of, I guess in a sense giving Iris Rawley a notice. Look, you didn't get a ticket previously, although you could have easily gotten one, don't do it again.
Speaker 9: But Brian, the problem is that she's trying to find the balance when right now you have an employee here and are a contractor, and you should just say at the end of that that should have been the only statement. No, because what you were talking about and what the FOP president is talking about, we don't want anybody else doing it exactly, meaning this is how Sunny Kim lost his life. There was somebody getting in between. That's what andre Ewing was saying as an officer, which, by the way, I have tremendous respect for andre Ewing as an officer. I served with him on council and his work that he's doing now because he's calling out things right and wrong and he's not bathing in race and is so here on what he's saying. But having said that, the system is dysfunctional. Yet another reason I want to say, highlight this hyde Park Square deal right now. Remember hyde Park went to all of the meetings and said hey, developer, this is not what we want. Right. I think there were two members of council who said no and seven that said yes, and so it put Hyde Park in this position where they had to go out collect signatures like I'm collecting to put my name on the ballot. They put their issue on the ballot and they're doing a referendum and they're putting pressure on the developer. If they had a functioning city council, the council would have said, look, let's pause this for ninety days. The Planning commissioner said yes. I served on the Planning Commission for four years, and by the way, I loved the Planning Commission staff, and that is since there they know I love them. They do great work. But the Planning Commission is saying here's our recommendation. When they got to the floor of council, there should have been a majority of members saying high Park. The people that we represent are saying they have a problem with this. We're going to put this on hold for ninety days. We're gonna sit down with the developers and we're going to negotiate the height and negotiate the issues. Because the High Park residents aren't saying they don't want it. They're saying they wanted to conform with the zoning that's in front of them. Why are you changing the rules in the middle of the game. That's the discussion, that's it. And so my point is that it's a shame that Hyde Park had to go through what they're going through. But guess what. Let's talk about bond Hill. Bond Hill has development over there, beautiful homes that they're building, five hundred thousand dollars, homes that people have invested their money in. There was an absolute discussion that no low more low income housing was going to go into Badhil. Guess what council put low income housing right or they're pursuing this right in the heart around these homes that are being built. And the point is, I'm not saying that people who don't have means have low value or low bad morals and blah blah blah, but it's not the agreement that they made. And most Americans still have the majority of their wealth in their home. So why would city council take an action where they keep putting great development in other neighborhoods and then look at a middle class really solid neighborhood like bond Hill and drop bad things that the residents are saying they don't want. These are the things that alarm me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean it's an interesting reality because forever council members would pay lip service the idea of redeveloping communities, like how much money was put into over the Rhine and making it gentrified and beautifying it and expensive rental properties. They wanted to bring in wealthy urban hipsters who pay taxes. Isn't that exactly what bond Hill's doing. Shouldn't council welcome the idea that people are willing to invest half a million dollars in a home. Those are tax payers, Yes.
Speaker 9: And the majority of them, majority of them are African American, and they're going, what the heck? They're as frustrated as Hyde Park, meaning Hyde Park has to understand that their connection to what's happening in price Ville, where there's Warsaw Avenue which has been devastated, right around Seaton and right around Elder High School. If those high schools weren't there, price Hille would have gone the pot they're holding it down there. My point is you have a pattern where city council. They're not listening to the fifty two neighborhoods. This connect community thing that the mayor pushed, who heard most of the fifty two neighborhoods say, we don't want this, we don't want this, we don't want this. What if they do shoved it down their throat. That's why I decided to put my name on the ballot. And we really hope, Brian, that people will come to Jim and Jack starting tomorrow sign the petition if they live in the City of Cincinnati. Make this easy for us. Drive sign the petition, have a coffee, sit down and put my name. Get my name on the ballot. So we have a choice because early voting starts October the fourth, somewhere around there, thirty days of voting, so this is not a lot of time. By the time I get the signature, my name goes on the ballot and the fifty two neighborhoods have a choice. Do you want me back down there to give your neighborhood a voice. You're not going to always agree with me, but what you will get is the truth, and you'll get somebody with common sense who loves the city of Cincinnati. And who would never say that Holly was begging for the beatdown that she got. I pray that I hear Holly on this show five fifty. I hope she comes in and gives you an interview. Her interviews are riveting. Anybody that hasn't heard that your listening audience needs to hear from Holly and her experiences. And I pray to God that she comes on your show and gives you an interview.
Speaker 3: And I'm pray to God my city dwelling residence going on over to Jim and Jacks tomorrow and next several days to sign the petition to get christ from I love.
Speaker 9: You, Brian Thomas, my brother man. We stand together. Thank you, brother.
Speaker 3: I stand with you all day long, my friend. Keep up the great work. Seven forty nine and fifty five car see the talk station and get in touch with Zimmerheating and air Conditioning. You'd be glad you did. They've been keep an area home safe, efficient and comfortable. Coming up on eighty years. And congratulations to Chris Simmer carrying the torch third generation to Zimber family providing outstanding customer service, fixing your system and repairing. Of course they do maintenance plans to extend the life of the system, but ultimately yep, HVAC systems go completely belly up. And if that happens to you, how about saving fifteen hundred and fifty dollars on the superior Carrier Comfort system for my friends at Zimmer Heating and Cooling. You'll be happy with the customer service. The price is always right, especially when it comes at a fifteen hundred and fifty dollars discount count. So call Chris simmer Up schedule that appointment five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. That's five to two one ninety eight ninety three. It's easy to schedule appointment online and learn more about Zimmer and all the services they offer. Just go to go Zimmer dot com. Fifty five car the Talk Station. When you make an investment your summer pocket knife of information.
Speaker 12: It's the only way to stay informed.
Speaker 11: Fifty ARC the Talk Station.
Speaker 3: Eight oh five. Here I think about KRCD Talk Station. It being Monday, It's that time of week. Get to talk money matters. It's time for money Monday with Brian James from Allworth Financial. Brian James, Welcome back to the morning show. Hope you had a great weekend. Good morning, mister Thomas. Happy hot summer to you. Yeah. Really, I thought we were done with that anyway, it is August. I guess we'll have to roll with it until the cooler temperatures come in. That's okay.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 3: It takes a little while for these tariffs to kind of settle in. You and I have talked a lot about Trump's on again, off again tariffs. You know, one minute there's a fifty percent tariff, next minute it's been held off. Negotiations begin or not, as the case may be, the point being, ultimately you hope to sit down with a country negotiate something that's palatable to both sides, sometimes successful, sometimes not. But higher tariffs everyone has been saying are going to result in higher prices, which does make sense. Apparently that's starting to trickle in in terms of the numbers that are reported.
Speaker 19: Yep, we're starting to see some. You know, we've talked about this before. We're hitting the point where, you know, when the day we start talking about tariffs and the headlines is not the day they start having an impact on inflation, right, And in that situation for several months and the way companies work. And we've talked about this several times too. Remember there was a spike in economic activity in Q one that looked fantastic, which wasn't beat where the economy is still doing okay as we're sitting here right now. The spike in Q one had a lot to do with countries just staying ahead. Our companies rather staying ahead when these tariffs are going to kick in because everybody knew something was on the horizon, we just didn't yet know what. Therefore, they were front loading their inventories and things they had to buy just to stay ahead of the pricing to buy themselves a little time. Well, clocks taking and we're now those resources are somewhat depleted. We kind of got to get back to where we were. So course CPI. Let's switch to today's headlines. Core CPI is projected to increase by about a three tenths of a percent in July. That's the largest gain since early twenty twenty five. I hate when we have headlines like that that compared to some historic period that is not that long ago, right, largest gain since six months ago. Wooh yeah, it's a point, but it's the trajectory of course, so yet we are seeing this because this is coming from tariff induced price increases, household furnishings, recreational goods, those kinds of things. Headline CPI of course, Now this is kind of ironic, brind headline. CPI may only rise by point by by about point two percent, and that is helped by lower gasoline prices. How long has it been since we looked at gas and oil as something that's keeping inflation in check?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: I know, but I mean you can't deny the reality of it. Gas is a lot cheaper right now.
Speaker 19: And we talked about it all summer, right, we skipped you and I skipped over the entire vacation period. We didn't talk about the price of the pump. I don't think I said those words all summer long. No, And it's the first year, I think, And I mean this is the heavy driving time. Of course, it has been since school let out. So the idea that gasoline hasn't been up when it traditionally spikes, it's a great omen. Are we are we should we anticipate lower price gasoline into the future, Brian, You know that, though that's always tough to guess. My crystal balls as broke as everybody else is. However, we do seem to be in an environment where things are friendly, supplies are okay, We've we've got more friendly regulation towards drilling in this country.
Speaker 3: Uh, And I think that's what's what's keeping it down.
Speaker 19: There's a lot of people not happy about that, and there's you know, there's downsides to all this as well, but currently that's what pushes it down the list of stuff we should be worried about in terms about the overall economy.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm not overly worried that we're going to be talking about gas prices in the near future. Well, I keep hearing about all these billions of dollars that the US has taken in as a consequence of these increased tariffs. Where's where's our slice of that action? Brian?
Speaker 19: You know, that's a great question, and I really wish somebody could get past Carolyn Lovett with that and just force the president to answer to say, where are all these dollars going? Great, We're generating all this money, you know, from these tariffs, where does it actually van is it getting distributed?
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, to to the you know, to the people who voted all.
Speaker 19: This into place, my guess is going to be no otherwise we'd be talking about that because it would start to sell votes for the midterms.
Speaker 3: So my guess is it's simply going in.
Speaker 19: To fill the holes that we're that are being created with some of the the tax cuts on corporations. And since we focused more on cutting taxes and really haven't done much in the way of spending, DOSE seems to have kind of gone away.
Speaker 3: Very very quietly, I might add.
Speaker 19: I you know, when you read all this on paper, when it became clear what the platform was going to be, it sounded like there was going to be a body that was going to cut costs and then there was going to be a body that was going to figure out how to lower taxes in response, so at least we keep things whatever balanced means anymore.
Speaker 3: But that does not seem to have happened. I haven't whatever happened to that wall of receipts from DOSE.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's a long winded answer to say, I don't know, but I sure am curious just like you.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a legiti why I asked it out a lot, it's a legitimate question. But I suppose if you're looking at all the numbers, let's say at the end of the year, we've taken in X billions of dollars. That's money that we got that we otherwise wouldn't have received. So the numbers, at least in terms of like deficit spending, will be less, right, all things being equal, just by virtue of the tariffs coming in. Yeah, and that that is again paper.
Speaker 19: I want to see this work mechanically, so let's talk about the mechanics of it. So when we collect tariffs, they're collected by the customs and border patrols, sent directly to the treasury.
Speaker 3: They're not ear marked specifically for.
Speaker 19: Anything unless that's unless that's legislatively done, which that's not something we do anymore apparently. But usually it just goes into the kind of overall general government spending, reducing the federal deficit. And sometimes there are specific earmarks for subsidies like we mentioned, but that is in the past. That's what we've done in the past. Now we are very not exactly transparent about where it's going. So we're collecting about fifty billion dollars annually, and the average tariff as we're sitting here right now is about seventeen percent on imported goods. That's the highest it's been since about the nineteen thirties, Brian. So somebody is going to have to explain where all these dollars are going, since we're bringing in more than we have in a century.
Speaker 3: Yep, no doubt. And one of the things I saw I noted in the article in terms of price hikes, they say firms are having a difficult time hiking prices in spite of the fact that they're now facing these terriffs they have to deal with because real disposable income growth has not been very good for the household. So the tail in people who are buying goods and services don't have any more money to deal with a price increase, which is causing firms and maybe hold off on increasing prices, which means their profits are lower, which means their quarterly earning statements are going to be lower.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 19: So the narrative that happened during the during the campaign and has continued is that other countries are going to pay for this, other countries will pay Well, that's not really the case. What we're doing is we're increasing the cost of doing businesses for domestic company companies who have to bring in these resources to create and sell their products, they have to pass those through so and eventually the consumer has pricing power. We live pretty high on the hog in this country, so yes, when we have to, that's a good thing. But when we have to, we can and do tighten our belts. That's what we're starting to see. We're starting to see the end consumer saying, you know what, I really don't need this. I can find another solution for this problem. I don't need to spend this much. And that means those costs are not being passed or they are being born, however, by the companies that produce those products and services, not the countries that sell us the resources.
Speaker 3: All right, and the whole hope I believe by the Trump administrations that over time that will re shore a lot of the things that we're buying from these higher tariff countries. Now you'll choose to build the products here in the United States. But you know, there's still this long long standing reality that the reason these things got off short in the first place, manufacturing, et cetera. If it's a hell of a lot cheaper to do it in those other countries, question whether the tariff makes that historic challenge, you know, to compete with the United States, which has all these ocean rules and these environmental rules, and it has all these labor rules, and instead of making the price of building something here more expensive, does that balance that to create a better environment here to the extent that it's going to negate the tariff So far it would seem to on paper, yes, we are.
Speaker 19: We are seeing headlines of companies that are bringing bringing manufacturing on back on shore. So Apple has committed to six hundred billion dollars over four years. Right then there's a huge plant going in down in Heridsburg, Kentucky. That's going to be that's a corning plant that they make gorilla glo. Yes, all the glass and iPhones. So there are things happening. Taiwan Semiconductors is committing a lot in the United States, Nvidia, Hyundai, Ford. There are a lot of plans to get these factories up and running. However, but like you mentioned, what is it cost to pay a factory worker here in the United States versus somewhere else.
Speaker 3: There are so many moving parts to this, Brian.
Speaker 19: You've got countries that we've relied on for I don't know, maybe a notch or two above slave labor because they earn nothing, but they work in the factories here. You can't do that because we do want to maintain a certain standard of living for our citizens. However, that makes everything more expensive. So what I have not yet seen is what falls out. What's the cost of an iPhone that is manufactured completely in the United States? How much does it go up so that we can have that stamp on it?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 19: I don't know what's good or bad about it, but that's a question has been answered yet for me.
Speaker 3: Maybe there's that component or element that, well, Americans would be more willing to pay a little bit more for something made here. I know there's still some of patriotism when it comes to choosing where goods and services are created and manage.
Speaker 19: Absolutely that still results in inflation somehow, some way. So it does you know, political support purposes.
Speaker 3: But money is money. Money is money. Let's come up on eight fifty fifty five kr CD talk station. Do you want crypto in your four oh one K? And some new benefits companies are offering those two more subjects we'll get in the next segment with Brian James. I'll be right back fifty five KRC dot Com eight nineteen fifty five kr CD talk station doing that money Monday thing with all of financials, Brian James A. Brian, We've talked about this before. Private equity as one of the things that they're opening up to include in four to one K program investments, along with maybe cryptocurrencies in a state of FLUXI appear to be I guess quick question up front, why can't we invest our four oh one K dollars in these things? Or haven't been able to deal with these things already? What's what's wrong with them as an investment vehicle.
Speaker 19: Well, in the past, I would say the Department of Labor has rules in place. By the way, the Apartment of Labor governs four oh one k's retirement plans, not directly the SEC. The SEC plays a role, But you can own a mutual fund inside your four oh one K that is that the DL has an opinion on. You can own the exact same tick or symbol mutual fund outside in just a plain old broker's account, and the DOL has nothing to do with it. So Department of Labor historically has weighed in on retirement assets and basically decided that the companies who provide them, your employers and my employer has a fiduciary obligation to some extent to make sure that people don't you know, effectively have enough rope to hang themselves. And so that's why over the years you've probably seen the reduction and options in your four one K. I would see people early in my career, they would bring in the list of choices they have for all their mutual funds and there'd be like fifty of them on there. The result of that is people would do nothing and they would leave it sit in the money market for ten fifteen years, and then we would have to kind of explain exactly how much money had been left on the table because they didn't sit down and figure out how that works. Now so that we dependulum kind of swung the other direction. Then we saw a lot of reduction to the choices you have and simplification. That's when target date funds came in. You know you're going to retire in twenty fifty five. Here's here's a catch all fund. Throw it all in there and be done with it. And you saw now nowadays there are funds out there or fur to one k's that have very few options. Pendulum is now swinging back the other way. We're throwing the door open. So President Trump signed an order on the on August seventh, just the other day called Democratizing Access to Alternative Assets for four oh one K. I tried to figure out the acronym for that.
Speaker 3: There isn't one. I was looking for qt I. I was disappointed.
Speaker 19: But anyway, this order directs the d L, the SEC, and the Treasury to update their regulations to enable alternative assets. This is the kind of stuff such as private equity, real estate, cryptocurrency, private debt, private equity, private debt. By the way, what those are. Those are direct arrangements between you, you, one human being, and some business. There's no exchange, there's no stock market, bond market behind it. It's just an exchange between you and you know whoever is the borrowing entity or taking your capital for their investment. Technology these days allows that to happen and mass, which means it can look to the sort of like a mutual fund, but there are just a lot more or a lot.
Speaker 3: Fewer guardrails, if you will.
Speaker 19: So the reason they're doing this though, Brian, twelve trillion dollars is out there in four to one case that currently is limited to mostly stock and bond and mutual fund type investments. Obviously, there's a lot of people out there who want to get their pause on those dollars to push capital endeavors.
Speaker 3: Okay, which you know crypto, you know, it's like piece of God to me, Brian James. There's so many different crypto forms out there, I can't keep track of even the names. They seem to come out almost on a daily basis. Of course, bitcoin's the most widely known among them. And man, the price of bitcoin has gone through the roof. But I mean, are are they really more valuable than anything but ether? Brian?
Speaker 19: You know, I have said this before on these airwaves and I'll say it again, and I'll say it to my clients. Crypto has a role, It plays a role somehow in our financial world.
Speaker 3: But to me, not yet.
Speaker 19: It's just a medium of speculation, that's all. It is, not being I don't even call it currency anymore. We just called crypto. Used to be cryptocurrency. Now it's just crypto. A currency is something that gets exchanged for other things. This is just something we own and we hope the price goes up. That's not how it was touted to begin with. I believe eventually it will take its role there somewhere, because there are a lot of efficiencies and things to be gained by doing business on the blockchain. Frankly, but whether it's bitcoin or dogecoin or trump coin or all of that, that's the speculative side of things.
Speaker 3: So I'm a little concerned.
Speaker 19: I'm not a little I'm significantly concerned about people again having way too much access to this.
Speaker 3: So think about it this way.
Speaker 19: If I'm somebody who has never invested, and now I can in my four to one K, but I never had the opportunity, so I didn't bother to learn. If I just go check a box that, yeah, I want twenty five percent or fifty or worse in my four to one k and whatever the new crypto fund is, then I'm going to about to learn a hard lesson about life.
Speaker 3: Well, and it sounds to me like a bubble that's ripe to burst. Brian, Yeah, it's tough to say. That's not the only thing that holds me back on that is that the demand is obviously still there.
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 19: It's a little different from the other you know, mania that we've had in the past, because there does seem to be some utility to it at some point. However, we are not yet using it that way, and really our leaders aren't talking about it that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't go to Kruger and pay your bill with crypto, right.
Speaker 19: They don't want it either, because they don't want their unerceivable to bounce, you know.
Speaker 3: And the widely fluctuating value of any cryptocurrency in terms of its market value, like thirty thousand dollars per coin on bitcoin, and that could change tomorrow, it could be worth fifteen thousand. How do you judge the value of any given transaction with an ever fluctuating, widely fluctuating market.
Speaker 19: It's again, all any investment is is the product of an auction. That's all the stock market is. What does everybody think it's worth right now?
Speaker 4: Today?
Speaker 3: Your house isn't an auction. Somebody will pay something for it. What is the something?
Speaker 19: Cryptocurrency changes twenty four hours, seven days a week. The other thing I'll throw out here for those of you who might be excited thinking about this, remember, if you're dipping your toe in the water dip your small toe, because even if this goes the wrong way on you, you will not get to deduct the loss because it's tax sheltered already inside your four oh one k ooh.
Speaker 3: Valuable point from Brian James. Real quick here, we won't have time to dive on really deeply. But is the market that competitive for employers out there hiring people that they have to offer all these different extra options beyond just for one K match and some some medical insurance apparently.
Speaker 19: So we've got some companies out there offering some pretty pretty crazy things out there.
Speaker 3: So there's there's the typical, right.
Speaker 19: So Amazon will cover ninety five percent of tuition for in demand career training. Starbucks does similar, Walmart target They're they're all helping people get higher educations. That's not too crazy. That's been out there for a while. But we're now starting to see things such as surrogacy, adoption and fertility support out there. This isn't a bad thing, it's just it's an interesting step that we're taking Morgan Stanley into a Deloitte or some of the names on that list.
Speaker 3: Here's a crazy one. Some of the fintech.
Speaker 19: Providers out there, these these are the these are the sort of West Coast kind of out there technology companies. Mortgage as a benefit, so home buying, education, interest rate discount. So in other words, what they're doing is what is scaring the pants off of people, and then let's try to offer that as some kind of a some kind of a benefit to work here. And of course this is happening in well, California, because that's where people are most scared of thee Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Who can afford a home in California? And of course something Joe Strecker gets paid vacations with a stipend company retreats music festivals. There you go add it to the list. Well, if competition's out there and you're gonna have to step up to the plate to compete in the market, that's what they're doing. Brian James Allworth Financial, appreciate your company for loaning you out every Monday for a few segments and as like today, look forward another edition of the segment next Monday. I hope you have a wonderful week, my friend, you too, Go Reds game and a half out, Go Reds eight twenty six and go CINCINNTI via We're gonna hear from the actually Emory Federal Credit Union golf outing. We're gonna hear the details from Todd Kine on that next, followed by the cincinnti Va, the return of Todd Sledge. We'll get a recap of the Voa Country Music Festival, and then the August twenty third Veteran Appreciation Day coming up. We've heard a little bit about that. We'll get a little bit more in the eight to forty segment. I hope you can stick around for that fifty five KRC. The talk station. The Simply Money Minute is sponsored by m Janna and I Weather Forecast tells us today's going to be a sunny day. Do you have a slight chance of rain going all the way up to ninety one and a higher heat index? Of course, clear of a night to be muggy in a low seventy three. Tomorrow sunny sky's isolated afternoon storms are possible. It'll be ninety for the high, seventy two. Overnight muggy again with isolated storms possible, and on Wednesday, chancers storm spotty one eighty seven for the high. It's seventy four. Right now, let's get a traffic update.
Speaker 1: From the ucl Tramsing Center.
Speaker 17: The u see Health Backneck and Spine Center offers innovative treatments to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Learn more at u s Health dot com.
Speaker 17: Sap pund seventy five continues A bit slowed through Westchester, then a bit more through walk on northbound seventy five. There's a broken down in the left million and buttermilk adding to the delays from Donaldson Chuck Ingram on fifty five kr see the talk station.
Speaker 3: Eighty thirty fifty five KRSD talk station Happy Monday. We heard from FLP President Ken Kober early in the program. He's circulating me a petitioner. They are to stop using tax dollars to harass police officers. Terminate Iris Rowley's contract petition online since he with why sincypolice dot com got a huge spike in number of signatures since since he was on earlier today, and I encourage my listeners to get on over there. They only need like less than fifteen hundred more signatures. Go to my blog page fifty five krcy dot com. The link is right there or go directly to Cincypolice dot com without further ado a name change. Welcome back to the fifty five Carsse Morning Show, Todd Kane, Can I say, formerly of Emory Federal Credit Union, now CEO of share Facts, Todd, Good to have you back on the program.
Speaker 10: Good to talk to you again, Brian. It's been it's been a little bit, but absolutely that's that's that's.
Speaker 3: Who I am today share Fact Credit Union. So you've merged now, is is there going to be a name change at Emory coming down the pike? Am I going to be banking at share Facts Union?
Speaker 11: You will?
Speaker 10: Our plan is as of October first of this year, we will we will do a name change, so the Emory branches will be will have the new share Facts logo on them at some point in the future, but as of October first, you'll be able to use whether you're a share Facts member or an Memory member, You'll be able to use any one of our nine locations.
Speaker 3: Across the Greater Cincinnati. Oh, you're increasing the number of locations with this merger. That's a wonderful thing now for someone who's been banking with Emory, and I love it. I can salute to you guys, it's a better way to bank as the way I always phrase it because I do have one of those big bank accounts, and I know there's a distinction there. Are there going to service is going to change for my Emory friends out there.
Speaker 4: No, absolutely not. We're with this merger.
Speaker 7: We will.
Speaker 10: We will expand services and make more products and offer enhanced products and services going forward. So we look forward to this merger and giving members from either Credit Union more services and better services.
Speaker 3: So a better way to bank is going to become an even better better way to bank. So that's good. Yes, yes, absolutely wonderful news and will's share factors. Credit Union continue to do the annual charity event, the golf Outing is coming up next Monday, the nineteenth annual charity golf tournament benefiting Children's Hospital Charitable Care Fund. What are you going to continue doing this?
Speaker 4: We absolutely will.
Speaker 10: You know, Children's Hospital is who we provide the golf outing for, has been such a huge part in greater Cincinnati and we want to continue to do the golf tournament every year to make that donation to the Charitable Care Fund over at Children's Hospital to help those families. So this will continue as long as as long as I am involved in any way. The Credit Union has done this for nineteen years and hope to do it for night ten or twenty or thirty more well.
Speaker 3: And I always appreciate the honor of being able to say a few words of the golfer before they head off on their golf round at four Bridges Country Club. So I'll be there again this year. Give my listeners the details because it's not too late to sign up. Oh, it is absolutely not too late to sign up.
Speaker 10: We as you said, it's on Monday, August eighteenth, so a week from today, we'll start registration at ten thirty. We'll tee it up and get started around one. If you have any questions want to participate, you can reach out to Emory directly and Shelley O'Neil can help you over at Emory. Get signed up and play is either an individual or if you've got four folks that want to play, we'll take your team and happy to have you.
Speaker 3: EMORYFCU dot org is where you sign up get all the details plus the benefits of banking with them, or you can learn right there as well.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what are there still opportunities Todd, to have sponsorships.
Speaker 10: There are and just again reach out to the folks over to Emory. There are a number of sponsorship opportunities from whole sponsors all the way up to the larger donations for lunch and other opportunities. So we would love, love, love donations to help sponsor the golf outing and make that a success. And and all that money goes directly to directly to the folks over at Children's.
Speaker 3: Well before we've heart company today, Todd, do you remind my listeners about how cool the since a Children's Charitable Care Fund is. What is it that they do.
Speaker 10: That particular part of Children's Hospital With the Care Fund, the money goes directly to the families in needs, so whether that be medical expenses or maybe stays in Cincinnati to be with their be with their children as they're going through these difficult situations. It does not go directly to the hospital and into the hospital's general fund. They do a lot of great work with a lot of other organizations that help support the greater good, but we wanted to support individual families and folks that are really struggling and need to be here to support their children.
Speaker 3: So this goes directly to the families the need, and since anty Children's is a magnet from stay across the country. But you get a lot of folks on life's margins that come in from out of town that obviously have living expenses as he mentioned, and other spences that they really can't manage, but they do need the wonderful care the Children's offers. So you're helping the charitable care fund out deal with that, and you're playing golf and having a good time while doing it. So Emory FCU dot org, get signed up and I'll see you next Monday at the event. Say you what, keep up the great work, Todd, and I'm looking for I'm glad you're doing it every year in spite of the merger. We will see you. We'll see you next Monday, Brian, looking forward to it, my friend. It's a thirty five right now. Let's hear from Todd Sledge from the Cincinni Via care Se does care, and we do care about our veterans in the community. We're gonna learn about we're gonna find out what happened to the Voa Country Music festil over the weekend. But also we're gonna hear a little bit of details about the Veteran Appreciation Day and opportunity for all of us to show up and thank the American veterans. That'll be next. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: The best approaching eight forty Here fifty five kr CD Talk Station. Happy Monday, Brian Thomas, happy to welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Anything we can do for the American veterans, which is what the cincinna Va is doing each and every day, caring for our American veterans. The return of Todd Sledge and the cincinni DA. Welcome back, Todd. It's always a pleasure to have you on the fifty five KRC Morning Show.
Speaker 18: Yeah, good morning to you, Brian, and hopefully you're staying cool in.
Speaker 10: This h really unbelievable. We keep having here and.
Speaker 3: Say thank you that. Thank God for air conditioning. Jeez, little wiz. Yeah, yeah, real quick, did you get the elevator situation sorted out? Todd Sledge? Real quick? For I go down that road first?
Speaker 18: Yeah no, yeah, no, I'm glad you asked, Brian. Yeah, it is it's currently underway. We have three operating elevator base out of our four of those man elevators, so they're slowly coming to fruition and back up and operating and that problem fully will be resolved here very soon.
Speaker 3: Glad to hear that. So then elevator is no longer a problem with the VA. All right, moving over, how did it go at the Country Music vestl you head out the VOA Park.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was fantastic.
Speaker 18: We had an opportunity to showcase one of our mobile unit assets out there starting Thursday through Sunday, and we had about approximately over two hundred veterans come through through our area and engaging us and talk with us. And one of the things we're really happy about is we got twenty.
Speaker 3: Five new veterans rolled in the VA healthcare.
Speaker 18: System over the weekend, but just more and more folks that's coming. By asking questions, you know, trying to confirm things, gave out a lot of information. But I got to say, Brian, one of the things that you and I have talked about for a long time, and something I've been challenged with I'm really blessed with for the last thirty years, is just talking with veterans. But you know there's a lot of veterans still out there that are not enrolled because you know, well, I don't want to take away things from other people that need it more than me, or somebody deserves it more. Every veteran deserves the opportunity to use their benefits here in Cincinnati. But it was a good time out there, and kudos to those folks that put on that event.
Speaker 3: Had to be a lot of work, Oh absolutely, and I'm glad you got this. Twenty five veterans signed up, and I can't encourage my veteran audience to really consider signing up. I mean, some I guess are priced out of eligibility if your earnings are too high. But my default is to sort of look at it. It's like, well, you got paid X, but that X salary that you made when your active duty sort of factored in or didn't include this valuable post service benefit that you get from the VA. I mean you think about hearing aids and glasses and mental health services and all these things the VA provides by way of medical care that's there and available to the veterans for free. It's why wouldn't you take advantage of it. He asked, yeah, no, I totally agree.
Speaker 18: And we had that question a lot of times a lot this weekend, and the veterans that said, you know, I was told I was over income or I didn't meet this kind of threshold, so you know, which will lead into our next conversation, talk to a service officer. I encourage every veteran to talk to a service officer about filing a claim because you know, depending on you know, the natural mos that veterans say have, there are conditions that they've probably experienced later on in life that are result from their service in the military. I was talking to one gentleman just jokingly. He said, yeah, I was a rifleman and he had two hearing aids in his ears. Yeah, And I said, do you get this through the VA? He goes, No, he goes.
Speaker 10: I got him out of the private sector, and I distantly asked him.
Speaker 18: What he paid for him thousand, five thousand dollars five thousand dollars each, I knew, so when I told him that, when I told him about what.
Speaker 10: We could be doing for him, his his wife gave him that gentle love cap on the shoulder and said, see, I told just so. So it's things like that, and I think a lot of veterans, as we talked over the weekend, is they don't realize that you can have private health insurance and use the VA, which is a huge plus.
Speaker 18: It's a huge plus because it allows you to if something's too expensive or something you shouldn't be paying out of pocket for it in the private sector, you can get that done at the VA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you think of the massive out of pocket liability you've got before insurance even kicks in. Hey, how about the VA. There's a great option.
Speaker 18: Yeah, absolutely, No, absolutely, especially you know when I think about the prescription program that we have, the you know, especially the imagery that we do here, the eyeglasses and the hearing aids, those big bulk expenses, and then of course, you know you and I always talk about mental health services. Those are big Those are big financial challenges sometimes, you know, one of the things that you need, and we can we can really all set and help that here at the VA here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: And real quick, some veteran out there going, Okay, you convinced me, Where do I sign up?
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's pretty simple. You know, we have a direct dial number, uh to our eligibility office and that number is five one three four seven five six four nine nine. It's five one three four seven, five six four nine nine. It's a direct dial number. Talk to our eligibility specialist. If you're a caargiver out there, if you're the one that's you know, managing your loved ones healthcare, you can call get some information, but you can't directly enroll that veteran unless you have a power of attorney. But that's how simple it is to get the process started.
Speaker 3: Todd Sledge will bring it back and talk about the upcoming Military and Veterans Appreciation Day more with Todd Sledge from the Cincinntava.
Speaker 11: Stick around fifty five KRC you'll feel final look at weather.
Speaker 3: Hot summon it up in a word, ninety one to high today, heat index north of that sunny sky and a slight chance of rain. It's going to be clear ofverynight. It'll be muggy with low of seventy three, mostly sunny with isolated appinon storms possible tomorrow with a high of ninety overnight and muggy seventy two low possible storms overnight as well. Come Wednesday, spotty showers eighty seven the high with a front coming in seventy four. Right now, what's going on with final traffic? Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 17: From the uc Uttram thinks center that us see how Bankneck and Spine Center offers innovative treatments to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky. Learn morid You see how dot com seth Bend seventy five continues slowed through Blackland southbound seventy one from two seventy five. Pay ass Speiffer North Bend seventy five broken downs clear near buttermilk left lane open again.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KARS the talk station.
Speaker 3: Eight eight here fifty five krc DE talk station Todd Sledge. Since ANVA always looking out for the American veteran, and of course we all have an opportunity to salute the both active duty military and veterans with the Veteran Appreciation Day coming up, Todd Sledge, let's talk about the details on this.
Speaker 18: Yeah, Brian, the last couple of years I've talked with you on your show here, and you've also helped us communicate this Hamilton County Veterans Service Commission Appreciation Day happened last year at a Great American ballpark and then a group of with the Cincinnati v and others, we've been running an event called Operation thank You, and we've actually decided to come together and join one force this year with a huge support, and this is a Hamilton County Veterans Appreciation Day that's going to be happening in August twenty third down at Sawyer Point. It's going to be from two to ten pm on that day. Everything is free to attend. There's free parking, there's some free food, a lot of great music entertainment. One of the things I'm excited about, Brian with this with Hamilton County Military and Veterans Appreciation Day happening on that day on the twenty third, is there's over ninety different veteran resource boosts that's going to be there in one particular day for veterans to come through. So if you if you veterans, you have an opportunity to get out from everything that you want to know about all the types of resources that are available to families and caregivers and everybody alike. This is a great event to do that in a great setting down there. They'll be like I said, from two to ten. All those boosts will be available first hand, face to face encounters with folks. There'll be a lot of different food trucks, there's music entertainment that goes on throughout the day, and then it ends the evening with a nice fireworks display down there and down there at Sawyer Points. So folks can go to www dot hcv SC dot org or you can just google Hamilton County Veterans Appreciation Day. We're really looking forward to this with all.
Speaker 10: Of our partners.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be a great event. Just chrick or put a link on my blog page fifty five KRC dot com son get all the info and details. Do we need to side? Just do do veterans need to register in advance to get the free food that's being offered. I thought there was like a QR code that had to be scanned.
Speaker 18: Yeah, there is a there is a sign up there on the website for the for the appreciation event we do, we would be it is recommended to advance and forward, so they'll be able to do so on site. But it just makes it easier when veterans get there and it gives us a nice head count on you know who's coming forward. I know, the Great American Ballpark event that Hamilton County had last year, roughly about twenty five hundred veterans that signed up and came through the operation. Think you had about twelve hundred, So we're expecting a really good crowd for this, you know, coming together. I want to thank Orlando so Auza, you know, before he you know, he departs from his seat. There is a wonderful partner working with this in the entire office. What Hamilton County has been great and they deserve all the credit for putting this together. And we're just happy to be a partner and share the news and be there with all of our staff. We're going to have people there from our caregivers, our community outreach, our Veterans Justice Outreach program. You can enroll again, here's another opportunity two weekends in enroll to come see us into help out. So we're looking forward to it, and it really is an appreciation day with the food and the music and everything that goes on. Well, considering your characterization in the name of the event appreciation Day, it sounds to me like all the veterans that you can handle are welcome, and of course all these different uh uh you know services that are out there, the ninety booths. But are the regular joes like ne of the world invited to show up and show their support for the American veterans. Yeah, absolutely, you know, we want, you know, we want, we'd love to have the general community come there and do that and be a part of that. You know, we also do for our other partner with the Association of the United States Army. They actually have cadets that have you know, made the commitment they're going to be taking their oath that day right there. They go down there in front of that commander that we'll be doing that. So, yeah, the general community is definitely welcome.
Speaker 10: Love to have you there.
Speaker 18: If you're a military guy and you want to see some cool military vehicles and relics, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: The kids love it, you know.
Speaker 10: There they get who day to come down and mister red it. It really is a festival type of appreciation government. But you can also get some answers and talk talk to a lot of people with a lot of resources.
Speaker 3: Now, will there be employers there? I means employment opportunity time for my veteran friends.
Speaker 18: There will be a couple of employers there as well. We've had some people sign up with that as well, you know, the folks that focus on hiring veterans and doing things.
Speaker 10: And plus one of our.
Speaker 18: Divisions from the VA, with our Community Outreach Division, they'll have one of their employment specialists there as well.
Speaker 3: Great employment opportunities as well as all the other services. Sounds like it's going to be an overwhelming amount of information and opportunities available for the veteran community. And of course I encourage my listeners to show up just to show your support for the American veterans in the active military. Todd Sledge and the since any VA on behalf of my listening audience and me personally, thank you for all that you're doing there for my veterans out there, and keep up the great work. And I know you're always striving to improve things. Don't hesitate to put a complaint in the complaint box or address whatever issue you have with the VA. Todd and the team will do their best to iron out any hurdles that you're facing over the VA and getting services right.
Speaker 18: Todd, absolutely, you know I always say, you know, we can't fix something that we're not aware of, that's not operating, that's the way it's supposed to, and it could be impacting another veterans. So we definitely need to know and we want to know when we do that and makes things better for our folks.
Speaker 3: Thank you for doing so, Todd Sledge. Look forward to having you back on the program and I wish you all the success in the world again. August twenty third, two pm, ten pm. Enjoy the fun, help the veterans out and active duty military, and learn more about what's available to you. Todd, take care of yourself. Thanks for spending time with my listeners in me this morning.
Speaker 18: Absolutely, Brian always appreciates your support. Veterans, don't forget to get enrolled.
Speaker 3: Get enrolled.