Speaker 1: Something you should go.
Speaker 2: Something you should know is brought to you by genesisgoldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited to visit right now with Haley from Rival five and that is one of the bands you're going to see this Saturday at the South Dakota Military Heritage Alliance. It's the second annual Freedom Festival. And Haley, how long have you been with Rival five?
Speaker 1: Hi? Yeah, thanks for having me. We are a little over a year old, so this band is brand new. We're out of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Before that we were the whole lineup was in a regional touring band together, so we decided to leave that to do what we're doing now and it's kind of taken off like a rocket.
Speaker 2: So a little over year old, I've heard such good things and the videos online are amazing. You guys, let's talk about the type of music you sing. It's all the stuff we play on Sunny Radio, so everybody's going to love. But what what are the different groups that you guys do covers over?
Speaker 1: Yes, so it's eighties pop with a twist of rocks. So what we do is we take eighties pop tunes from bands like Duran, Duran, Mister Mister rock Set, Madonna, and then we put a rock edge to it. So we just kind of beef him up a little bit and play him, you know, in a fun way to play live. So you're going to see a variety of artists, but everything is going to be from eighties pop. We do a little bit of throwback to some of the seventies stuff, like we do a little bit of teen of Turner and whatnot, But for the most part, it's it's eighties and.
Speaker 2: A couple of different lead singers. It looks like as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, so there's myself and then Tyler, and Tyler is amazing. We found him singing opera at a jam and how to sing rock. Yeah, so I completely undersought him everything his music teacher taught him. We have a rock star, so love it. Hey, it worked out well.
Speaker 2: You guys both trade off and you both sound amazing and you sound really good together. So I'm excited to see you live. Like I said, I've been I've been watching the videos. Second Annual Freedom Festival It's so weird for me to say it's this Saturday, because it felt like it was so far away, and I was telling you just before we started here. It just dawned on me the other day. I'm like, oh, that's almost here. So I wanted to reach out and talk to everybody this coming. We've got Danik and Michaels from the Sux Falls area, the Men in Black band from the Siux Falls area. Then we have Rival five, which we're visiting right now with Haley from Rival five, followed by The Hype and these two bands, the Hype and Rival five were part of the kind of the same group. Is that the right way to say that.
Speaker 1: It's a good way to say it. We have the same agent and we all played at different times that we all played in the same band previously, so it's nice. We've got a big tide to those guys.
Speaker 2: And a band that's very familiar around here is Hairball, and I know you guys are kind of connected, same agency, same everything there as well. So when people are thinking Hairball, that caliber, same thing, same caliber, very talented and I would put this young lady up against anybody because I was watching the videos going Holy cow what a voice.
Speaker 1: Well, the funny thing is I'm actually married to bebs player.
Speaker 2: Fair Ball, so there is a bit of a tie there. See what a connection. So glad Well, I am super excited to see you live and in person on Saturday night for the second annual Freedom Festival. It's this Saturday, September sixth. The doors open at four pm. And like I said, we've got quite a lineup. We've got a couple of local bands, and we've got a couple of regional bands and a lot of tributes to a bunch of amazing music that you're all going to like. But it's a tribute also to the men and women who serve this country. Veterans you get in free. If you're a veteran, if you serve this nation, you get in free. Everybody else. Tickets are just ten bucks if you buy them now. If you wait a few days, it's fifteen, so get them ahead of time, or if you're saying, hey, I just want to donate more money. All the money goes to Midwest Donnor Flight, So it is an amazing organization and if you want to donate extra, you're certainly welcome to do that. The whole thing is a fundraiser. It's going to be a really nice tribute or our men and women who served our country with a couple of bands again, Rival five. How many different bands do you guys cover? Do you know? It's a bunch, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I don't know offhand. I think we have one hundred songs that we know in our repertoire, so it's a variety of artists. Yeah, and we've got at least twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can think of and the hype covers five different bands that are like eighties rock bands, and the Men in Black and Danica Michael's again with there's four actual bands on the stage this Saturday, but it's going to feel like at least fifty because everybody does you know, so many amazing songs. So excited to see you in person. Thank you very much for taking the time to chat with me, and I will see you on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you so much for having me again.
Speaker 2: That band is called Rival five out of the Twin Cities, and they are amazing. I've got some videos I've been sharing on our social media, so if you want to take a peek, you can find at Facebook dot com, slash Sunny Radio. If you'd like to get tickets, do it now, don't wait, do it now. It's this Saturday. You know you're going to be there. Why wait, Just get your tickets, Come and join us. It's going to be a blast again. Tickets available at Sdfreedomfestival dot org. And Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com