Speaker 1: All right, it's the Ben and Skin Show ninety one point one The Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us today. Hey, we want to do a special shout out. You know what we like to do is we like to let everybody know that the people that advertise on the Ben and Skin Show, they are truly our partners. And from time to time we want to shout those folks out because I feel like, hey, they're partners with you, the good Ben and Skin listener here on ninety seven point one The Eagle. Otherwise they wouldn't be getting down with us. So we want to give a shout out to some family members here, family members of the Ben and Skin family, and that would be our good peoples over at Frankel and Frankel, Mark, Scott and Gen have been riding with us our show all the way back to two thousand and eight when we got our first full time gig. We've been with those folks for a long time and a lot of our listeners have used their services. Heck, we've been now with them so long. If you're listening earlier, you heard Bubba call in and he pretty much could do his own Franklin Frankel Live Spot If that doesn't tell you that they're a part of the family, I don't know what else could. So a big thank you to Frankel and Frankel and Mark Scott and Gene from the Ben and Skin Show for being a part of our family every damn day. And of course if you get in that situation where you need their services because you've been hurt and a car wrecker on the job site, just like Carrie said, two one, four and all threes three three, three thirty three thirty three.
Speaker 2: I was just standing out there in the sales pit talking to a salesperson who was just in a wreck like a lot. I was like, man, you need to reach out to the Frankeles. They're the best. They'll take gotcha that her neck and her head still hurt a little bit, And I was like, yep, you need to call him.
Speaker 3: Give him a call. That goes for you folks too.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up in about thirty minutes, we got some sports. There was a big win last night. What are the Cowboys going to do? They did something and we'll tell you all about it. We want to give away a z is on sorry tickets right now. The first person that has the iHeart app and uses the talkback feature where you can leave a message. It's you leave your name, your phone number, your email address, and the third person that can tell us what kind of conundrum Ben was involved in. Earlier today, he talked about it in the first segment. It's a specific kind of conundrum. If you know what it is, leave that message and you win the Ausi's on sorry tickets, but right now it's time for this juice in.
Speaker 4: Your news Hot Gods ever come stay on top in the boot shovel.
Speaker 5: So I was watching this.
Speaker 6: New show on Netflix with John Mulaney called Everybody's Leave of John Wade. So basically it's a one hour talk show and it's kind of like they have a topic and it's more of just a it's just weird. It's a variety show. And he comes out and starts off the show last night with a ten minute story that I've condensed quite a bit here and I cannot stop laughing at this.
Speaker 5: So you need to know two things.
Speaker 6: You need to know that I think the show's probably not it's doing okay Becau's on Netflix, but and he's popular, but they're finding their way. And the best thing you could do is like, let him just do ten minutes to stand up, and that's better than anything will happen on the show. His sidekick is Richard Kind. You may know from a lot of things.
Speaker 1: You know him is George Clooney's ace homie, Drew Carey's.
Speaker 5: Show for a while too. Yeah, a lot of things.
Speaker 3: Richard.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, he's like old John mulaney Kind.
Speaker 6: This story is so good and I'm just gonna I'm just gonna play. I've convinced this as much as I could.
Speaker 3: It's so good.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you about the week I had. We had something very special plan for you this evening that we had to scrap. I'm just as mad as you are, though I have way more information. Tonight on the show, we were going to announce that Richard's pet tortoise had died, and that Richard was very sad. This was a bit don't worry, and we're gonna be like, oh my god, you know, no one should outlive their pet, and it'd be very you know, we played very serious. Then we're going to be like, how can we possibly pay tribute to this dead tortoise? Then ding dong, the doorbell would ring and it's Bone Thugs and Harmony, and they were going to say our tour bus broke down and we heard you guys are sad and set up didn't even make sense at all. But then in honor of the tortoise, they were going to perform Crossroads.
Speaker 6: All right, So you have a pretty good premise going, yeah, good, that's the plan, That's what the bit was supposed to be.
Speaker 7: And we reach out to a contact we find online for Bone Thugs and Harmony and we schedule a zoom with their manager. Three weeks ago. My writers and I get on the zoom with just the manager. Let me be clear, the members of Bone Thugs and Harmony, that is Busy Bone, Lazy Bone, Crazy Bone, Wishbone, and Flesh and Bone are not on the zoom. But the manager assures us that they're really into the idea and want to do it, and they really liked the script. We're in business. I mean, I could already picture the Emmy in my hands, you know. The manager then says, hey, you won't get all five of them. One of them is not available. I ask which one. He says Busy Bone, which makes sense that he would be the hardest schedule.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's good, pretty good setup so far, right, it was a lazy bone. He said, it was a lazybone.
Speaker 6: I might be asking, are you sure he can't do it?
Speaker 5: So four of them of the five, okay, but whatever.
Speaker 6: He also said, I had a lot of faith that the audience wouldn't know there's five.
Speaker 7: Just this past Thursday, I checked back in because they had not signed their contract yet.
Speaker 3: The manager says, in.
Speaker 7: Order to get there next week, we need twenty eight hundred dollars cash of just running around money. He says, they're in the middle of a tour and it's not so easy to just dip out.
Speaker 3: I check online.
Speaker 7: They have a show April nineteenth in Inglewood and then another one in June, also in la and.
Speaker 3: They needed the cash by Friday.
Speaker 7: The cash had to come from me, like I couldn't pay it through the show budget. So now I need to withdraw twenty eight hundred dollars okay. A few years ago, in an effort, in an effort to safeguard my sobriety, I set up a system where I cannot have at any time more than three hundred dollars cash unless I alert certain people. So on Friday, I call my wife Olivia, who is in New York, and I say, I need to get twenty eight hundred dollars cash. I need it today. And she said what is it for? And I said, it's for bone Thugs and Harmon. Well only four of them, seven hundred dollars a bone. And she's like, John, you know, I love you. If you want to tell me something, you can tell me it.
Speaker 6: That's pretty good because he's, you know, cocaine guy. Yeah, you know, been on the straight and narrow for a while. Hey, just take twenty eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Out, all right, weird lie man? Just tell me so good. So here is how it kind of sort of.
Speaker 7: I get the cash out of the bank. Then I hear, forget the twenty eight hundred dollars cash, just give us all the money for the appearance upfront. I said, I can't do that. I cannot give you all of the money upfront. I can give you half. You just have to sign your contract. I don't hear. Back two days ago, on Monday, I am told that bone Thugs in Harmony booked on this show since the first week in March, are in the studio all week and cannot be on the show, but he's like, don't worry. We can get this all wrapped up and be there next week for blank, blank dollars. The original fee was going to be fifteen thousand dollars half upfront. They asked for one hundred thousand dollars. I said, there's no way I can make that happen. And then I said, very uncharacteristically, you have disrespected me. I brace for an apology. It turns out there isn't a sorry bone. Two hours later he writes back, we can get this taken care of for seventy five thousand dollars. I was like, hey, you screwed me over, and you screwed our show over, and I won't forget.
Speaker 3: This disrespect now.
Speaker 7: I didn't tell you all this just to air the dirty laundry of what it's like behind the scenes of a show. Okay, I'm telling you about it because I'm genuinely worried. After a little investigating, I have come to believe that the man I was talking to was not the manager of of Bone, Thugs and Harmony. In fact, several sites list a different person. Also, Busy Bone is scheduled to appear at all upcoming shows, so it appears it isn't so hard to get the fellas together. If you or if anyone you know is a member of Bone Thugs and Harmony, please call that number.
Speaker 3: Let's clear this up. Okay.
Speaker 6: The reason I like this show is because it is live and they do take calls.
Speaker 3: It's got a little radio.
Speaker 6: Podcast but also TV show vibe altogether, and the whole show you're kind of waiting to see is like, is someone gonna call? It didn't happen, but that story is how it started, and the show was very entertaining last night.
Speaker 1: So man, there was a time where Bone Thugs and Harmony were in Dallas for the I believe it was for the diff Film Festival, and there was a documentary about Bone Thugs and Harmony that was showing, and one of the organizers of the film festival was going to get him on our show. But it was real, half assed and real, Okay, we think it's gonna happen, and I think it was. I thought it was crazy Bone. Maybe it was busy Bone. I don't remember, but I did not expect it to happen. And there kept being all this conversation. It kept being like, okay, well we have to do it this time, but we're not sure. You know, his manager's not sure if he's gonna show. I mean, this sounds like a whole other premise. But he was laying it out. I was like, I remember how difficult it was to even know if they were going to be available.
Speaker 3: To call in.
Speaker 1: And finally I said, hey, it's really not that big a deal to still. I mean, I was really doing a favor to the film Festival, right, because I'm not some big bone thugs and Harmony fan. I mean, I know people that love them, but I was I was like, really just kind of doing a favor for to the film festival people. And then it got to be so convoluted and confusing and difficult. Was like, man, we're good. Thank you, though, I really appreciate you thinking about this. Man, that's an awesome story. I like, I didn't know that they paid these guys that much money to do stuff. I just every guest on First of all, I'm looking at the show, going this is badass.
Speaker 2: I do like how creative it yeak it is. I haven't watched it yet, but this is enough to entice me to do that. But if you're going to launch a new show. It's got to be different, it's got to be unique in this way. And this sounds like they're going to do that. But do you think that they in their budget everybody who appears gets like fifteen or twenty grand.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: And see that's something that he said at the end. I just knew we wouldn't have time, so I cut it out, he said. And to the guy who I spoke with, I would have given it to you for fifty thousand if you would have.
Speaker 5: Kept going wow.
Speaker 6: But he was like, I admit, I don't know how much things cost. This is the showrunner of this show. I admit I don't always know how much things cost. But it sounded like fifteen thousand. I believe that.
Speaker 5: I don't know how many of these have there been. Last night was episode four?
Speaker 3: Has it gotten better?
Speaker 5: Last night was wonderful?
Speaker 1: But do you think the other ones were good?
Speaker 5: Kelly Roll was Actually it wasn't Jelly Roll. It was Ady Bryant SNL being Jelly.
Speaker 3: It was so fun.
Speaker 1: The one I saw I got halfway through and bailed out. Fred Armison sat on a couch for a half hour and never said a word.
Speaker 5: It's a problem.
Speaker 6: If you have a comedians there and someone tries to take it over and they're not delivering, like last night. One to Sikes was your probably your headliner and she didn't really talk much. But usually when the person's not like you have one one person that kind of gets boxed out of the conversation.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 5: And they had four people there last night.
Speaker 6: But it was about squatters, which happens more in LA than it does here. But in LA or in California, if you just go claim a spot and keep it for five.
Speaker 5: Years, it's yours. Yeah, so this is pretty interesting.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is good stuff.
Speaker 5: I'll have to give that show a watch.
Speaker 3: Good stuff.
Speaker 5: Kevin coming up and accent around the sports.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys traded for a quarterback and the Mavericks came through with a big, big win late in the game. We'll talk about both things next